Speaker 1: Welcome back to us all hell wells listeners, Well Achy well, Achie waited if it is us listeners, we got some things to talk about. Is this going to be the year of the Kuminga in the bay. We've got more wemby madness, We've got people that are becoming the new faces of bad business decisions. We will get into all that bus talking about Booker, Katie and Beale and how potent back connection is over in Phoenix. We're doing that all with podcaster and host Dragonfly Jones on today's episode.
Speaker 2: I'm Miles Gray and I'm Drack O'Brien and this is my.
Speaker 3: Episode eighty three.
Speaker 1: Mby driving Spinny Curry, a three corner.
Speaker 4: Stuff, cry again, be.
Speaker 2: Honest, Dragonfly Jones and co hosts of Jenkins and Jones and the volume. Welcome, wel welcome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as always, How.
Speaker 2: Are you enjoying the preseason bit drips and drafts?
Speaker 4: Are you? Are you?
Speaker 2: First of all, are you a bit it's just preseason?
Speaker 4: Or are you up? Okay?
Speaker 5: I see what's goody, calm down and the preseason.
Speaker 6: I will never be an everyone calm down guy, because I'm a fair believer in just having fun with you. And we haven't seen basketball in five months, Like why are you telling people to calm down? And the stuff that we're and the stuff that we're seeing, like especially from Wimby, it's been ridiculous.
Speaker 4: This dude is an alien. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's truly really wild. Like every game feels like a feast of highlights. It's just like I get more yes clips that I just can't stop watching, like a season's worth where I'm just like every game, I'm like, I've never seen that before five times at least.
Speaker 1: I'm still watching that clip from last week when he just did that quick like in and out and then just pulled up and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, what, Yes, he's going to be doing that every game apparently, because he did that again in this Will.
Speaker 2: It ever end?
Speaker 1: I mean, we'll get to that later on because we got we got plenty of calls.
Speaker 5: We backload, have to keep listening.
Speaker 2: That wasn't a moose boosh for you. Now we'll move on to.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be storporating so much French in honor of our new overlord.
Speaker 2: We we and consider us You're a chef.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 6: We we we we bun bonds and all that good stuff.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: All that good stuff'll seem as we will call him from Street Fighter. But anyway, Uh, talking first about Phoenix, Jack, you you actually got to see.
Speaker 5: A little bit of Phoenix. Been on the ground, miles, Miles.
Speaker 3: I'm reporting from having been in Phoenix two weeks ago. Uh, it's hot down there. Kevin Durant is on the team. He's very tall, Devin Booker is good at basketball, and bial is also on on the team.
Speaker 1: I can report those are a lot of exclusives you had for us, and I'm really look and that's why people come here because we're giving that unadulterated truth. But a lot of talk is being made of these three preseason games where Katie Book and Bril Brial a Book and Beal. They scored seventy seventy six and seventy six first half points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the games that they play, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 1: I think they like the last game they were they were scoring sixty four percent of the first half points.
Speaker 2: Cool, cool, cool? What are we saying here? A lot of people are like, what about defense?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that does that matter?
Speaker 3: I like that voice for the idiots for the GIA defense. It's called glass Cannon. For all my video game players. Okay, you can do wild damn, but it cannot take any It cannot take any any.
Speaker 5: I think a couple of things are going on.
Speaker 3: One, I think that this was the big blockbuster story, like five big blockbuster stories ago, So this is it's like a Hollywood movie that gets released in February, and by the time the oscars roll around, it's just like, I don't know, we're tired of that, Like we wait, that movie came out this year, you know, oh yeah, that was just this just feels so long ago that like now people are refinding out that this team has these three scores. I also think like the way that things ended with the Nets, probably like when the Nets had all three of their perimeter scores on the court, it was incredible, Like it was amazing to watch and they just couldn't stay healthy and together. So like now that they're this is the same group of three, I think they're a little bit better, to be honest, like in terms of score ring and we're I don't know, we're gonna see, but like what when kd is is with uh two other great perimeter scores, like they they're really like you you're seeing things. You're seeing offensive dominance, the legs of which we haven't seen a lot of in the history.
Speaker 5: Of the league.
Speaker 3: And I could see it working out pretty well as long as everybody stays healthy.
Speaker 2: Where are you at with this dragonfly?
Speaker 6: You know, I think that what about defense? Let me put them out? What about defense? Voice for that one, I think that I think those are avalcancerians. And it goes back to you know, Jack's point of how you know, we saw this experiment, you know, fall apart in New Jersey, in New Jersey, in Brooklyn for the for those very reasons. But you know the thing is, I think that's something that is being lost in that is we last postseason we saw that Book. You know, he can be a dog on defense if he wants to, and he might take that leap this season hopefully. And you know the thing with with Bill, they're like, I feel like, you know, of course, you know, this is a guy who's been a thirty point scorer. I think like the best thing that Bill brings to that team is of course his offense. And you can stagger things. So you have Book and Bill on the floor and you can get a very well rested KD out there as well, right, because Kd's a dude who has said that he wants to die out there, Like that was one of the gripers we had with with how Nash us them. You're playing this dude, you know, forty four minutes a game, back to back games in the playoffs, Like that's just sustainable, you know, for you know, a thirty five, thirty six year old dude. And but yeah, yeah, I'm I'm still on the I'm still on the side of you know, We've seen this experiment not work before. I'm still a bit skeptical. Of course they can light it up, but you know, I think they what about defense? Gud might have a pointed.
Speaker 3: Wait, so is your take on what happened in Brooklyn that the defense was the problem because it seemed to me like it was just they and you're never had all three of them healthy, and when they did have all three of them healthy, it was that they.
Speaker 5: Were pretty weren't they? Or am I misremembered how many.
Speaker 4: Games did they played together?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, something, But if you put.
Speaker 3: KD with like people who can stay on the court, I don't know, then maybe we got something here.
Speaker 5: Maybe we got something. I'm just saying the other thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just want to say, go ahead, you go No, I was gonna say I think that. You know, of course we know that Book and KD can light it up. We can look back at the Denver series that they just had, you know, Denver Phoenix where Book and KD had those phenomenal games back to back where they both just went crazy. And then then then you know, Denver ran off two straight wins win when the series was noted up to to blew them out by what twenty five in game six? Like, it comes to point where, especially in playoff basketball, like you know, of course the objective basketball one on ones put the ball in the hoop. But you know, when you're going up against a team that is locked in on defense, you know, they usually grind it out, and the teams that just light it up and have no defense, you know, usually on the losing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what are the chances they faced that Denver team again, Like, oh oh, they're still together.
Speaker 5: That's that's what they're going to have to go through, all right.
Speaker 4: Did you see that.
Speaker 1: Clip of Jamal Murray, Like Jokic is on his phone in practice and he's like, what's going on Have you seen this the's time about he was scout I just want to.
Speaker 5: Play scouting horses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just such a just so jokersh I love.
Speaker 4: It scouting horses.
Speaker 5: No, scouting horses. He's like, let me scouting horses right now. Ten.
Speaker 3: Well, any other players looking at their phone like that on the bench, like fans would be in an uproar, but with him, they're like. The thing that's cool about him is he's the best player in the league and he hates basketball.
Speaker 4: Like all of his body.
Speaker 3: Language suggests that he doesn't, like I doesn't want to be here.
Speaker 6: He was he was in love looking at his phone. Yeah, he had his hand rested in space rested episode. He was in love with that Clydeslo whatever he was looking at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt like that Simpsons episode where Lisa is calling the Corey.
Speaker 4: Hotline and yeah, wow, I.
Speaker 3: Like the idea that it's just the bud Wiser Clydesdale commercial.
Speaker 5: He's just like, damn those things.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: I will also just put in a word, you know, I have a friendship with Frank Vogel. He's a family friend, so I don't want to be in the tank for him. But he's a pretty good defensive coach, and I do feel like defense can be kind of coached up a little bit.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going to be the number one defensive raiding in the league. But you know, he's had a lot of teams that you know, when when he was with the Pacers, they were either always like first through third. With the Lakers, they were third and first in the seasons prior to the to the tray that blew everything up. So yeah, you know, I think there's some things that you can cover with, you know, and he's got a great staff. He's got Fizzdale on his staff, like yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Guys trade jokes. We get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this guy talking about old SNL bits together.
Speaker 2: We get here the best of friends, we know.
Speaker 5: But thank you for that.
Speaker 2: It's very professional for you to disclose that.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, I don't want anyone thinking I'm biased in any way other than just clinically depressed because of the seventy six ers.
Speaker 5: That is my only bias.
Speaker 6: Yes, But but you know, when Bob came on board, you know, one of the things I was thinking was exactly what you mentioned. Defensive minding guy, and he is a dude who has you know, especially works wonders with his bigs right like, and I was like, okay, he might unlock a new level with eight and on that side of things, I mean, this is a dude who had us thinking that Roy Hibbert might be the key to getting past the heatles, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like that's what he does.
Speaker 6: But then Aton got shipped out and they shipp him out for NURKIC and I was like, Okay, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, k maybe who knows, maybe unlock's NRDKIC a similar foot speech to Roy Hibbert, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, submit boots out there.
Speaker 2: What about Jonathan Kuminga.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw his preseason highlights, but he's he's looking athletic, aggressive, he's attacking a lot of people are like, okay, twenty eight, twenty six, twenty four points the last three games.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, Dragonfly, would you start CP three or would you make Kuminga like just your your ultimate prize weapons six man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I feel like with Kamenga, we've been saying he's like two years away for like four years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, wait till you're three man, wait.
Speaker 6: Till you're three, right, But but you know what, I am high on Kminga. I think that he's gonna be I think he's gonna be special. The Chris Paul thing, I mean, I think we all thought that he was there to stabilize the second Union. Then it's the second unit. And then like reporters asked him about that, and he was like, who told John.
Speaker 5: Steve, Steve, get over here, Steve, this is a second unit. Isn't that hilarious?
Speaker 4: Steve?
Speaker 2: Isn't it laugh at that joke?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 6: And then you've got you got Klay Thompson out here posting Tupac against the world on his Instagram stories because he's not getting extended in the offseason. So it's a lot of different moving pieces there that they are going to have to make happiness. It's a lot riding on performances from those guys this season too, So it's going to be an interesting show in San Francisco, for sure.
Speaker 3: What do you think realistic expectations? Give me a range win range for the Wars or just like second in the Western Conference down to what do you think?
Speaker 4: I think I think they're Yeah, I think they're in that four to six range four to six.
Speaker 5: I think probably can.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, because I mean seeing if Kaminga plays like this, I'm I'm I see a lot of a lot of upside to that. But again I don't know if i'm I think because I am so blown away by Wenby, I'm going to be all, yeah, man, it's preseason yep. This is a precursor to everything that's going to happen. So in that sense, I guess I would be happy if I was a Doves fan. Sure, let's let's just get to Let's take a break and we'll come back.
Speaker 3: Let's get and we'll get to Wemamma's the NBA story I want to talk about.
Speaker 5: It's the only thing I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: My wife is like please, Like, I'm like, it's no, but you don't understand. Please watching your phone while you're driving?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was able to start up.
Speaker 1: By the speed gauge, the odometer in the front of the Are you looking at your phone while you drive?
Speaker 3: Before we started? For some reason, I just want to hear Trump say his name, Like, doesn't it sound like a.
Speaker 5: Word that he would have a lot of Yeah?
Speaker 3: When bing Yama Yama, guys, teller than wem Bing Yama.
Speaker 2: Don't like his president much. Macron No, but Yama.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just feel like you'd really make a meal out of that.
Speaker 2: It's a our sandwich.
Speaker 3: Let's take a let's take a break and come back and talk about Webbing Yama and we're back.
Speaker 4: We're back.
Speaker 3: Does everybody just want to take a turn saying it as Trump? Miles, I think you had the best one before we started recording.
Speaker 2: Well, we love them, Dony folks.
Speaker 1: Victor Wembing Yama, Right, I think I did a better one in the warm up.
Speaker 2: I was better in the warm up. But hey, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: This uh so this is Miami game, Like every every every preseason game feels like an event, unlike anything I've ever I'm typically kind of a don't get too excited by the preseason person, just because I've because my my team just for the past few years been the seventy six Yers, and so I was just like, I can only take some much, you know, I can only invest so much of myself into that team. But this is like, I I can't think of a time when I've ever been this excited about every preseason game.
Speaker 5: And so the Miami Heat, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I know all of these highlights now, like by heart, Like I all the all the blocks, like some of the like where.
Speaker 1: You can test with one of the step from the like basically the three Come on, man, what yeah that one was wild.
Speaker 5: He's not shooting great from three. He is blocking.
Speaker 3: I really think he's whether they give him Defensive Player of the Year or not, I think he is going to affect more shots than any And this is crazy. Like I've gone from being like I've got this crazy idea that he could be defensive Player of the Year to be like, it's a given this guy can be defensive player of the year.
Speaker 2: And I was saying, like, even without maybe the stats I have, like it looks like what everyone's been saying even when we first saw him and at Summer League, it's like he's just gonna change the subconscious of offensive players.
Speaker 5: You could just see it.
Speaker 3: Every time the other team has the ball and he's in there, like they're just like you can see that they're worried about where he is and like not taking shots they normally would take. And like even in that first preseason game when he only had one block. It was like the one the one time that somebody was willing to shoot with him around was when they thought they had beat him by like five steps and they had to beat him by five steps and he still blocked them.
Speaker 6: Yeah like that okay, Yeah, Jalen literally put him in a spin sc like there's a point when Wimby's back is turned to a driving Jalen Williams and he takes like two strides and punches and.
Speaker 3: It seems like it seems like Miami, you know, in a couple of ways were like, all right, guys, like don't don't let it getting your head like he's not gonna block everything. You're just like and they were taking shots that they normally would have taken if there was a set foo on the court, and he was blocking them at like like one of them was kind of like a floater that he blocked at the peak of the balls like arc in the air. Like I was like, is that goaltending? I don't know, Like I've.
Speaker 2: Never seen someone block it at that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's he how what's his wingspan?
Speaker 4: Eight feet?
Speaker 2: His wingspan is.
Speaker 1: Eight feet, wingspan is eight feet eight feet, Like I guess, I guess I had heard that, but like to see it in motion is a whole other thing.
Speaker 4: And hands straight up.
Speaker 6: It looks like he's like got a nine to seven nine eight reach when you didn't measure it that way.
Speaker 1: Or it looks like when someone's yeah, working with like a shooting coach and they have to they use like a broom to simulate like a like a defender, except he's like holding.
Speaker 2: Two brooms, Like that's what the length looks like.
Speaker 4: I'm like, is that serious?
Speaker 3: I feel like he's gonna First of all, the Cornet contest is now a legitimate Like you know the thing we always talked about last year that Luke Cornette from the Celtics would like stand in the lane and just jump while someone was taking a three and it would be distracting and like people, you know, it's the same like Shane Battier used to cover people's eyes as they were shooting, and like it affected their shooting percentage more than like you might expect. Like I feel like when Beyond like accidentally blocked some of those shots just from the lane. Doesn't make sense, but like that's the feeling you get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, completely, I mean, are you are You're I'm guessing you seem excited Dragonfly, like are you?
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people again, other people are doing this with Wemby.
Speaker 4: It's preseason man, that's there's the preseason man.
Speaker 3: There, come on, preseason man guy is actually a lot of people don't know that. But his cousin is the defense guy. Yeah, exactly one can tell.
Speaker 5: You can tell they spent a lot of time talking to each other with the.
Speaker 1: Hater kingdoms what about defense And it's only preseason man, got to great.
Speaker 6: I am super excited about this new because the one play that made me literally drop my phone in disbelief, like what I'm watching my bed, Yes, and I got my phone and this movie, like what did I just watch?
Speaker 4: When he dunked on Thomas Bryant.
Speaker 6: From outside the restricted area And I want to be clear to the listeners, he didn't jump from outside the restrict area.
Speaker 4: His entire body was outside when he dunk.
Speaker 3: When he dunked on somebody who is also standing outside of the restricted area, like Thomas Bryant's feet are like right at the edge of the restricted area and he dunks on him, Like so.
Speaker 5: He's what And b.
Speaker 6: NBA players like what just happened? What what do y'all expect me to do with that? And we're with you, what can you do with that?
Speaker 4: It's the shell getting down the lay hand do sewing us everything.
Speaker 2: With a left hand, right handed, right over the shoulder of Thomas right now, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's like a it was like a like a old Looney Tunes cartoon, like it was a space dam dunk Man the dunk that when when the game.
Speaker 3: Brian's performance in this moment is one of my favorite performances. Like just like if you could give an Academy Award to somebody, like not that he's acting, but just like everything about his what he's doing with his body and faith is so perfect. And he didn't even have like the opportunity to act, like, you know, have his ego be like okay, let's just shake it off. Shake it off, you know like most play players and they get absolutely posterized.
Speaker 8: They're like, okay, keep it moving, don't don't acknowledge the l you just he is so sincere confused, Like it's almost like it's half like looking at his teammates like hey, why y'all let him do that to me kind of thing, and then also him fully just like like.
Speaker 4: He's like a human should not be able to do this.
Speaker 6: If there's that element of it too, it's like the best breaking up the fourth wall since Andrew buying him laugh at us, laugh with when Blake dunked, Remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's gonna like he.
Speaker 3: Spikes the camera like Jim in the office, Like, uh, it's really amazing.
Speaker 4: Shell shocked.
Speaker 1: Like it's like it's reminded me like Tom Tom Hanks in the beginning Private Ryan where he's like, yeah even hearing the crowd, it's.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, yeah that like high pitched wine. I do like I think we need to think, uh seriously about making Thomas Bryant our patron saying of the business decision because not that not that he like really had an eye option there, Like yeah, he didn't have a chance to make a business decision, but his reaction to being posterized was like he was martyred so that others could live.
Speaker 2: So that others could learn. Maybe this ain't this might not be the guy to try it, but what.
Speaker 4: Do you do?
Speaker 6: Like he stopped them outside the restrictor you're like it was supposed to be jump hook time.
Speaker 2: He's watch this young man just put that in over your head.
Speaker 4: It's like, let me get right by your thank you? Yeah, going the way.
Speaker 1: It's like it's truly Yeah, his confusion I think embodies everyone. That's why I'm like when people are trying to throw cold water on I'm like, y'all, he's leaving players on the court confused and di oriented by his size and what he's doing like that, to me is the greatest indicator of like everyone, like.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah this is not what do we do now because I don't even know, like where is this going?
Speaker 2: But yeah, not everyone.
Speaker 1: You know, when they get those, it's time to decide do I get out the way or maybe up with somebody and can contest this dunk. I think there there could be a plenty of poor business decisions this season.
Speaker 3: The mid range game is superducer Jabbari was calling out, the mid range game is like really crazy right now, Like and by the way he can dunk from the mid range like that, I'm including that, but like his mid range jumpers and like just beautiful footwork.
Speaker 5: It really is beautiful.
Speaker 6: Like it's like like we haven't seen a seven foot guy you know, moved away like that with the in the mid range, with the with the mid range you know, jumpers and all that's like KD Like that's what he reminds me of when I see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real, except seven to five, right, unbelievable, Bro, It's un Yeah. I can't I mean, I just can't wait to see every single game now because I'm.
Speaker 2: Just feel like I'm seeing new kinds. We're seeing the.
Speaker 1: Sport evolving like it's minor ways, but we're definitely at the dawn of something very new. And that's that's all we want as fans, you know what I mean, Keep it exciting and keep elevating.
Speaker 2: And I don't know here we.
Speaker 3: Are, Yeah, any anything I get, I guess we've got. The Houston Rockets traded Kevin Porter Junior to future second round picks to Oka. See who are waving Porter Junior immediately, but the Thunder are sending Oladipo and Jeremiah Robinson Earl in the transaction. Okay, see now has We just wanted to bring this up because they have fifteen first round and twenty two second round picks over the next seven years. Sam the first round picks over the next seven years.
Speaker 2: Picking him.
Speaker 3: Like they had a normal amount of picks, Like, I still would expect them to be a top like four team in the West at some point in the next five years.
Speaker 5: And like, now they have this much to work with, like they why.
Speaker 2: Don't they just start another team?
Speaker 3: Does anyone like ever split like a stock, like a stocky doing really well?
Speaker 5: They just split?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, like okay the orange or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Yeah, you're like you're playing blackjack. You got two aces, split them, split them. Here we go. And I guess that's where Sam. Do the people of Seattle a solid and just use those picks to recreate the SuperSonics. Yeah, charitable work.
Speaker 6: But but Presty's a smart dude, you know, I think he's he is like your your anti Danny Ainge, your anti pat Riley to a degree, because he is someone who has no delusions of will hold off until the off season and free agency and get guys here that way, because he knows that they're in Oklahoma and you're not going to be you know, a free agent, you know, hot bed destination there. So you know they're drafting very well. They got Kiddy, they got Chad in the draft. Of course, you know, they got SGA in the trade with the clips, and you know, I think that he's really gonna work wonders of those. I don't think he's gonna have that weird Danny Ainge attachment to the picks. I think that when it's time to, you know, make the trade for some pieces that will them into a championship content, he's gonna pull the trig.
Speaker 4: On for sure.
Speaker 5: Right Why wait?
Speaker 3: Why not do it right now this season when I have money on.
Speaker 5: Them winning the championship?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: How many picks are in the in the second round?
Speaker 4: Is it thirty?
Speaker 5: Twenty two?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, like in the draft?
Speaker 5: Oh, like, well.
Speaker 4: It's forty, isn't it total?
Speaker 1: I think so I'm just here, like I mean, like hypothetically we'll be like and yeah, we'll just run all the second draft picks for this year like we got them.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know they're in various years, but when you think of.
Speaker 3: The totally total of sixty thirty in each round, so.
Speaker 1: Eight away from hypothetic, I mean obviously in a very hypothetical sense, but having enough picks to be like, yeah, and that's that's all one round.
Speaker 4: Just let us get this whole round right here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, here, let me get too many real quickly, too many picks, Like they're gonna need to consolidate like five of those to you know, get some one player.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you think it'll be as hard to attrack people to okay see now, because I'm I mean like we've been like everyone slowly talking them up more and more, and they're you know, you're getting excited. You see, there's like a project there coming together, like yeah, right, Like I feel like they're they've they've got a lot.
Speaker 4: Going for him right now.
Speaker 1: Going to go to bron promise is not over.
Speaker 2: Like I'm trying to throw a bone.
Speaker 4: Stop filing though.
Speaker 6: He's gonna wait for some superstar to become disgrunted with four, three or four more years on his deal end.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna pull the triggering at And.
Speaker 2: He was like, how would you like thirty seven picks?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Should we should we take a break and come back and do the fastest segment in podcasting.
Speaker 2: She said that so quick? Yeah, absolutely, all.
Speaker 5: Right, We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back. Dragonfly Jones, I got a Dragonfly Jones, I got a dragon five. Don's old baby, Oh you are in the hot seat. So fourth order, wrap it by a round of questioning, close out the show.
Speaker 4: Every time with this one.
Speaker 1: It's the fastest question answer segment on all sports podcasting history. Okay, next question, send it right back, No long answers. Don't put our record at steak here. You have to keep this thing moving because we have people eyeing this spot on YouTube, a lot of people.
Speaker 2: They you know, we're trendsetters, obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you ready, Jack, All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Let me just just my neck is a little tight.
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure I'm optimal for this part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got badly injured the last time we did one of these.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 3: It was that part though, when you yell at Brian that you just popped like five blood vessels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I compressed a few discs. But that's fine. We played through it. You played through it.
Speaker 2: You want to go first?
Speaker 4: Who goes first? God?
Speaker 5: Why don't you go first?
Speaker 4: Miles?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll go first.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Dragonfly Jones, give me, give us, give the people your boldest prediction.
Speaker 2: For the upcoming NBA season.
Speaker 1: Not like bold in the sense of like, oh he could be right, like put all your credibility on the line and say something outlandish, but also in your heart you would love to see it happen.
Speaker 6: I think that okay, speaking of okay, see, I think they're at that point where they're going to send like a top three seed home in in the first round.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be like a six or seventeen.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: I think they're going to send the top three seed home first round. Oh wow, Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Like that, Jack, I love it. You keep going and win the title. Right?
Speaker 4: Who do you got?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Who do you? Who do you got?
Speaker 2: Picking with the who's getting the ring?
Speaker 4: Milwaukee?
Speaker 5: Milwaukee? Interesting? And what is it about?
Speaker 2: What is it about Milwake?
Speaker 3: I'm hearing nothing but good stuff coming out of the Sixers.
Speaker 6: I mean, Milwaukee's got this guy whoars number zero, who's really good at playing point guard and you know, a little hard or something yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, something like that. But yeah, I think he I think he's a really good player. I keep your eyes on that guy, Okay.
Speaker 4: I will. I'm interest.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of rumors, but I guess I'll have to see with my own eyes for sure.
Speaker 3: Right, get ready, this is a really fast question. Yeah, So there's a clip of Cam Johnson talking to JJ Reddick about the level.
Speaker 5: Did you see this clip?
Speaker 3: That's my first question shoot about the shooting thing, the shooting mechanics.
Speaker 5: And I'm just curious, like, do you have a favorite.
Speaker 3: Student of the game moment that you've seen from a player or just like a player that you know like pays attention to that sort of thing. Like the thing that impressed me was like how both of them were like, oh, yeah, well Ray does this with his left foot and just like you, I've noticed you do this. And then like there's just this thing that shooters respect about one another and like are paying attention to and this whole level of detail that they're bringing to watching basketball that I was not aware of as somebody who watch He wasn't one.
Speaker 5: Of the best. But is there has that ever jumped out to you from from anybody just hearing anybody.
Speaker 6: Talk, I'll say, you know a moment that reminds me that is we all remember the clip when when bron was telling Austin Reeves something that was just blowing his mind, and it was just like something that seems so normal and Mundane Tobroun when he was telling where he you know, missing a sign or whatever on the basketball was just blown away. And then Austin Reeves had a moment this preseason where he was doing that with the rook where he was coaching the rook up was like, you know, okay, I don't think I'll pick it up on this either.
Speaker 4: So it was like the student became the teacher in that moment. Yeah, that was like a full three sixty over right there.
Speaker 3: Peet a man of fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll be like annoyed because that's all I don't know.
Speaker 1: Your rooks everything, Yeah about different lures and stuff, and I.
Speaker 5: Wish man, like I don't boring.
Speaker 2: We have a game.
Speaker 5: Look, man, I'm fishing.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, good, but we're gonna lose so I can go fish. Uh, dragonfly. Who's the best player you've ever witnessed in person?
Speaker 5: And what did they do?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What is like? What was it about seeing them physically play that You're like this, I'm witnessing something very unique.
Speaker 4: Best player I ever witnessed in person?
Speaker 6: You know, I've been to a finals game that's like the only NBA game I've ever mentioned and it was the the finals game in twenty nineteen where Steph at like forty and they still lost. So you know, I guess Steph would would be my pick by default there. But I'll tell you my favorite moment of when I saw an NBA player if this was when I was at North Carolina eighteen my freshman year, and there was just like an open run in the gym and Jerry Stackhouse was there, you know, like I said, had you and c you know in North Carolina connections there, So he was just getting an open running with these with these kids, and this one dude dunked on Jerry Stackhouse and just like yelled in his face, just.
Speaker 2: Barked on just how many years out of the league was he?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 6: This was this was peaked Jerry Stackhouse. This is like this was O one wow wow. Yeah, you know he was like around that time, right yeah, right, And this kid just dunks on Stack and he looks like yelling in his face, and Stack just and the kid runs back and Stack just calmly walks to this kid and he said, I don't know what he said to him, but that kid had he He gets face to face with this kid and just saying something to him, and that kid had like the fear of God in the eyes. But that's probably like my favorite, you know memory of seeing an actual NBA player right there.
Speaker 5: Amazing, beautiful.
Speaker 3: What's the most underrated NBA city to visit? What's your must have meal in that town?
Speaker 4: You know, d C. Let's go with d C.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna give y'all, you know, a little Virginia byes here and I'm gonna go with d C. And I'm gonna just say, any if you find the right Chinese carry out spot and you get chicken wings with the marbles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a national treasure right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Okay, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: That's I remember the first time I went to d C and I was.
Speaker 1: Put on the Mumbo sauce and I was like, oh, changing, yes, please please to the point, isn't it now McDonald's has it.
Speaker 2: Like they're making their own version.
Speaker 4: Yes, But yeah, that's when I.
Speaker 2: Was a little that felt a little bit gross. You know, I'm like, this is this is not this is not like McDonald.
Speaker 6: I was like, as a long McDonald's consumed, I was like, bro, this is just like the Milan saucy.
Speaker 4: I rolled out and like, yeah, yeah, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they didn't do it in February too, Like we've got mumbo sauce.
Speaker 1: Come on, y'all, put it on your chicken nuggets and here we go, Dragonfly. Last quote or no, that last question, Dragonfly. If you could have any player's skill set for a day, any skill set, but you still have.
Speaker 2: Your same physical body.
Speaker 1: So if you're talking about like having the leaping ability of like Steve Francis or something like that, just know that you will have to land on Earth with your body still Whose skill set and what and what is it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, you know that's easy because I'm a shorter guy, So I'd go with spud Web so I could.
Speaker 5: Dump Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like just give me the guy my size of can dump man and I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. Was his vertical?
Speaker 4: Do we know?
Speaker 2: Was it up? I mean it had to have been forty five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was only five seven, right.
Speaker 1: Because I remember what Steve Francis. For a while they were saying he had a high one too, like it was around forty forty.
Speaker 2: Six forty Wow, godly, that is something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I never got over forty five. You know, forty six is good.
Speaker 2: We all have to get it sometimes, yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's hard. It's hard when the line flattens out.
Speaker 5: Finally, Dragonflat Jones, Jack or Miles.
Speaker 6: Both like like, we're gonna do the okay see approach here like team Orange and team either or.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, how many of the okay split the picks between Team Orange and Team Blue with how many first picks to who.
Speaker 4: Gets the first picks? Who gets the second round?
Speaker 1: I won't put you to that, but Dragonfly Jones, what a diplomatic answer.
Speaker 2: You're a fair human being and a fair guest. We'd always appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Before we let you go, we want to shout out listeners of the week. At its underscore, Ryan m Still it said, are you still taking hot takes?
Speaker 2: I'm on them, I'm on the WEMBA.
Speaker 5: He went with Australia.
Speaker 7: I feel like this is Australian WMB going going roy De poy and dare I say it move the.
Speaker 4: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: I thought those are Australian words.
Speaker 5: Roy in it. Yeah, that's that is That is a little too hot for my blood.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of that's all I want. Surface of the sun, you know what I mean? Just go there, just go there?
Speaker 3: Please do I dare set it on fire. I'm a bandwagon and say you did.
Speaker 5: Dare and I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it for you and love for the city of San Antonio, San anton for them.
Speaker 5: Do we think eight blick?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: Not even else?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 6: I think if when we gets them to thirty three wins, he's a miracle worker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, all right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or your your favorite player Jack on the on the Spurs outside of Wimby it.
Speaker 2: Was Vassal Vassals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, ye, Devin, I'd love that, like y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I do not know who this guy is. Dragonfly Jones, thank you so much for joining us. Where can people find you? Follow you?
Speaker 4: Hear you?
Speaker 2: All that good stuff?
Speaker 6: Yes, find me on Twitter at Dragonfly Jones with the Z at the end. And you can find me and my bros Mike and John on the Volume podcast network Jenkins and Jones. We are available on Apple Spotify, all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're perfect, perfect perfect Uh And let's see you can find me at Miles of Gray on wherever they got the at symbols, and you can follow our show at hashtag mad.
Speaker 2: Boosties for show links and updates. Jack how about you.
Speaker 3: You can find me at Jack Hunter Score O'Brien and on the Daily Zikes the other show miles that I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: You can news every day. So it's not just ball, y'all. I mean like this ball, but ball isn't all there is. Now go out there and help your family.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was your rejected and one T shirt that was too wordy.
Speaker 1: It was Yeah, it was that Gray and One logo guy. But he's like on a therapist chair, you know. Life.
Speaker 2: I have seen my kids in like eight years. All right, all right, if he'sa love to you all, We'll see you next time.
Speaker 5: Bye,