Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what's y'all don't know y'all all at all.
Speaker 3: So given them.
Speaker 4: Black a million bus bussy.
Speaker 1: Ye listening to show?
Speaker 5: I don't joy joy?
Speaker 6: You know to do that.
Speaker 7: Love?
Speaker 3: You know you gotta turn.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 6: I got to turn the mouth turn.
Speaker 1: You probably got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 6: The water the water.
Speaker 8: Look me.
Speaker 6: Come come out your uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Well, nothing changes about that. Nothing changes about that, man. I was just getting ready to come on the air this morning. I was just thinking, man, I was just having a reflective moment of just how really good God has been to me. I just it's it's it's man. Let me just say that again, how really good God has been to me. And here's a cold part. In spite of myself, you understand that, in spite of all my shortcomings, in spite of all of my flaws and and and and and in spite of all of what anybody has said about me, God God, through his grace and mercy, just keeps me anyway. So many of us are exceptional people, but we refuse to just go ahead and be exceptional. We settle for the ordinary, We follow the pack, We try to fit in. Man, oh man, oh man, You know, I've heard my wife say this to my children all the time. When she's scolding him or talking to him, she'll be talking to him about leadership. You know, why are you following everybody when God clearly made you to lead? So many of us are born, and so many of you are born to be exceptional people, but we always trying to follow the pack. Why would you try to fit in? Why would you try to be like everybody else be ordinary? Why would you follow the pack? When God is created you to be exceptional? The key word in exceptional is except you. Ever you ever dine this right here? You know, everybody did that accept me. Everybody felt that way except me. Everybody said that except me. Everybody won't wanted that accept me. Everybody went over there except me. Everybody jumped in except me except me. See why have you said that in your life? If you were not to be exceptional? See you got to say everybody except me at one point in yo to I don't know who ain't done it? You know, everybody wanted. Everybody voted no except me. See, so you're not You're not created to follow the pack. You ain't created to fit in. You ain't created to, uh, you know, to be ordinary. You were created to be exceptional, as exceptional as your fingerprint on your finger is. You were created to be exceptional. Why not make this the year that you go head on and be exceptional? Why won't this be the year that you decide in your mind? But just has to be a decision that we make. Now we not following the pack no more. We not trying to fit in no more. We ain't settling for ordinary no more. We're gonna be exceptional. But you know, you got to go ahead and follow that. You got to get on the exceptional path because that's what you were created for. Why be ordinary? You know? But all of this this comes It has to start with a thought. You got to first think something. Thoughts become things. A man is as he thinketh that's all you will ever be. So what are your thoughts today? Why not have exceptional thoughts instead of ordinary thoughts? Why not have exceptional thoughts instead of fitting in thoughts?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 6: Why you want to be like everybody else? Why you want to be ordinary when you could possibly be extraordinary with a change of your mind, a change of your venue, And you don't have to be any other kind of way just because my mama was this, well, my daddy was this way, or this the school I went to?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 6: What race I belong to? This my sexual preference? This is my this? This is my dad? How many? How many? How many excuses? You need? I mean, how many excuse? What? What? What? What's it gonna be this year that we let another three hundred and sixty five days slip by without improving our condition, our place, our spot, our life, the quality of life we have. We cannot afford to keep letting all these years go by without changing. You're an exceptional person. How many times have you set up and said, everybody did that accept me? You know I was only everybody jumped in except me. I told him I knew it. Everybody voted for that except me. And now look at it, man, it seemed like everybody went that way except me. Okay, do you get it? Do you understand what's being said to you that all accept me is because couldn't it be? Because you're an exceptional person and it's time for you to take control of that. It's time for you to start thinking different. It's time for you to start acting on what you think. It's time for you to start doing something about it. It's time for you to stop taking each and every day that God gives us for granted and letting them go by the wayside. Like you got plenty more. Well, you may have plenty more, but guess what what you wasting the ones you got for? I got you young, and you feel like you're gonna live forever. Eh, okay, cool, But let me ask you something. See here, here, here go the part about it. I supose you do live? See see everybody worrying about dying. But I got news for you. Suppose you keep on living. You want to keep living in the condition you in now. You want to keep living with the money you got now. You want to keep living with the relationship you got now. You want to keep living by yourself like you are now. You want to keep wanting the right relationship, the right man to the right woman, but you keep getting the wrong one. You want to keep doing that for the rest of your life. Problem ain't dying. There's problem is if you keep on living, who wants to keep on living just the way they are right now. And if you can say I'm cool, what I am, just the way I am right now? In cool, this conversation ain't for you. Ain't got no problem with that. You know, say, greatness ain't for everybody. Being exceptional ain't for everybody. Becoming extraordinary ain't for everybody. Heck, becoming successful ain't for everybody. I got it. And you can come up with a way to justify your non existence and your ordinary life all you want, and that's fine and dandy. I ain't got no problem with it. Because some people just gonna be regular. Some people just gonna follow the pack, follow the crowd. Some people just wants to fit in. But if you're not that person, if you want to be extraordinary, if you want to be exceptional, if you want to be if you want a dad to be great at something, and you got to change your mindset. You got to get what your creator and find out what he created you for. You got to quit thinking of things just in your own thought process. You know, lean not to your own understanding. I don't know where that is, but it's in there somewhere. Seeing Once you lean, if you lean to your own understanding. You know what it's gonna do. It's gonna limit you, man, it's gonna limit you. Why not see what God got for you. I would rather know what God got for me than to think of all the things I could because I can't out think him out and tried it before. All right, it's just the beginning. We're gonna have a good one man. Let's go.
Speaker 10: Morning show.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen. This morning will be a special morning. I'm welcoming new members to the show. People who catch tuna, Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Kitty Cat trainers, Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. All the former dancers at HBCUs, flag girls, pop ins, whatever, Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. To any woman who had a really really cute, sexy nickname back in college, but if they see you today and they will still call you that, welcome girl. Thank you for holding on. If you've had a sexycute nickname, if you don't match that name, no more, Thank you girl. Thank you for holding on. Everybody. Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. This is how we do it up in here. Baby, it's all welcome and party this morning filled with undergratitude. Yah man, oh man, Man, I told God today how much I appreciate. I'm going through some things, but I'm grateful anyway. That's what you've got to learn how to do. You've got to be grateful even if you're going through somethings. The thing I'm going through ain't no worse than nobody else's thing. You just got to be grateful anyway. God been good to me, man. He gonna pull me through it anyway. Man, that's a good thing about God. This too shall pass, all of it. What I'm you said. The people who can't live up to the nickname, ye just you know, just it happens like that. You know, like your nickname used to be a little bit. Well he ain't little Nobo, but it's still calling you a little bit. Come on, man, it's all good. You gotta let your nickname go. Shellye Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior boy, the legend that is nephew Tommy Junior. A lot on your mind this morning. Trouble on my mind.
Speaker 1: It's you.
Speaker 6: You said let your nickname go, and you cool would say in it up. People feel a certain way. You said, well, you know it's it's it's it's like you know, it's advice too, you know, if.
Speaker 1: You ain't a little bit no more, that's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your name, your nickname was a little bit when you was growing up, well a little bit to spread. Now your nickname ain't a little bit, it's lot more.
Speaker 1: Really college college.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your college nickname was a little bit, and now all of a sudden you lock more. You like, you know, in college your nickname was dimples. Well now your nickname is d Yeah, you know it switches up, you know, uh huh, because I got dimples. But I had enough face fact where they met they so I went from dimples to crease.
Speaker 1: Let me see.
Speaker 6: Yeah see if I lost a little weight though, so I got him back a little bit. But it was just a line at one point. It's just a line with from here all all the way up under here. But I got rid of the two faces. I lost some weight. Elevate you, baby, you know what I'm saying. Elevate you and a plus. I combined it with cold plunging. I don't recommend cold plunging to nobody because it's like a heart attack every morning. Oh all right, lady Jim, it's how we started to day. Welcome.
Speaker 1: Come on coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for the nephew to run this prank back.
Speaker 7: What you got for us, nephew, Doctor Petrick, Doctor Petrick, cat dog, if you could, if you.
Speaker 9: Would hello, I'm trying to reach doctor Petrie. Please.
Speaker 11: This is doctor Petrie, Doctor Petrie.
Speaker 9: I' my name is Jared, Jared, and I was hoping you can help me. Ou would have would with a problem that I have?
Speaker 11: Okay, Hello Jared, I would love to help you out with a problem. Unfortunately, Doctor Petr right, I am, but this is my personal number. How did you get this number?
Speaker 9: If somebody gave me this number so I could call you and and and try to get some counseling from you, because I gotta I mean, I'm I'm I'm really in a bad situation right now.
Speaker 11: Okay, I can I can recognize that that you're in a bad situation. But how did you get my number? This is my personal line? Who gave you my number.
Speaker 9: Are you you you the doctor, You the counselor to help people with with with with with situations and problems and stuff.
Speaker 11: Right, yes, I am Jared. What can I do for you? Jared?
Speaker 9: Uh, I got a problem that it seemed like I'm just you know, I've been married to my wife for six years.
Speaker 11: Okay, wait, wait, wait, Jared, Now this what you're what you're about to get into. You're about to you want to go into a counseling session, and so in order to do that, I do that through making an appointment.
Speaker 9: I under all of that, but you you you don't understand I'm trying to. What I'm trying to tell you is that I got to situate and I know it's gonna happen again the night because it's been having it all the time. I'm just I just needing if you could just give me a little bit of help and then I'll come in next week. But I mean, I just need you to tell me how to handle my problem and then I'll come in next week. I just I just I need this.
Speaker 11: Bad right now, Jarrett. Jared, Jared, I need you to focus, Okay, I don't do this over the phone. However, it sounds to me like.
Speaker 9: You need I need you? Can you?
Speaker 11: Can you be that for me, just for I'm here.
Speaker 9: For calling you and disrupting your weekend, But can you help me out?
Speaker 11: Isn't he Tell him I'll call him back. I don't know what's going on. Tell him I'll call him back. Hello, I'm here, Jared, doctor Patrick, I'm here. Tell me. Tell me what's going on?
Speaker 9: Jared.
Speaker 11: I'm here to listen to you.
Speaker 9: Okay, listen, I've been I've been mad to my wife for like six years now, and I don't know what it is. But whatever, whenever we intimate, you know, I get scared and I'm going to the closet and I got a TV in there and I watched old TV shows because I'm scared. I'm scared of the intimacy between me and her.
Speaker 11: Okay, Jared, this this sounds like a particular case, and it's different from anything that I've experienced thus far. And I want to make sure that I address your.
Speaker 9: Up in the big league. Get not turn it back lonely. We live. You't need baby, ain't nothing along with that, because we move it on.
Speaker 11: R Okay, Jared, focus, you called me and you need.
Speaker 9: I'll I'll be going, I'll be going through it to be bothering me.
Speaker 11: Okay, Jared, what I need to do is I need to make sure out.
Speaker 9: Four o'clock rock, five six something PLoP, eight o clock rock Rock. We're going to rock rock the cock tonight when the cock right through wind the bands go down the crutch tonight, breeze, breathe.
Speaker 11: Oh, how did you get my number? How did you get my personal number?
Speaker 9: They gave me your number and said you you would be the one that would that would that would that would that would take care of me.
Speaker 11: I'm here, okay, let's take a din.
Speaker 9: And you knew where you were then girls were girls and men were men wishing we could use a man like everybody Hugh, But right again, let up together.
Speaker 11: I want to help you. I want to help you and I want to help your situation. I want to help you with your wife. But you you called me, and I if you're looking for a lifeline for an anchor, I'm trying to be that.
Speaker 9: I mean, you did to help me. I knew you did help me. When see, I know my wife is gonna leave me here if I knownna quit doing it. Here's this story of a lovely lady.
Speaker 11: Jared, Jared, my technique is a little bit different and maybe a little unorthodox.
Speaker 9: If not, we gotta feel this crul, the minal would be lost, the middle would be lost, the miner.
Speaker 11: Okay, look here, look here.
Speaker 9: I need you. I need I need you to help me.
Speaker 11: I need to get you into my office. I need to schedule an appointment with you. You need to erase my personal number from yourself.
Speaker 9: Because my body knows your name. Jared.
Speaker 11: Focus, Focus, focus, Jared, Focus. There's a lot more going on here. For one, you're making a.
Speaker 9: Lot of fun now with me and all the games, learning from each other while we do our thing and gonna have a good time.
Speaker 11: Jared, my patience is said up. I have no more patience with you now. I need you to fake suckers and get it together. Why didn't you call me? Why don't you How did you get my.
Speaker 9: Number at me? Why you're supposed to be a doctor. You're supposed to be a doctor.
Speaker 11: Am a doctor? Don't question my credentials, young man. You called me. I want to help you, but this has gone on too far.
Speaker 9: This is Tommy gave me your number, Billy too, Steve, you know, don't you.
Speaker 11: Now, Look, I want to help you, but you are not allowing me to do so. So who is Tommy? Who is Stephen? And how did you get my number?
Speaker 9: On the radio?
Speaker 11: Then on the radio seven on the radio as in Tommy, Matthew.
Speaker 9: Tommy, doctor Pat you have been.
Speaker 11: You know you didn't go?
Speaker 9: Oh my god? Do you have a colleague named Charles?
Speaker 11: You know what I'm gonna ki Ooh, look that I can't believe Charlie did this to me?
Speaker 9: My god, do you know what time of war on?
Speaker 3: You got a war?
Speaker 11: You got me flustered. I was recording you.
Speaker 12: I have you know that.
Speaker 9: Oh. I gotta ask you something though. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 11: That's Steve have baby, My goodness.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nephew.
Speaker 6: Coming on.
Speaker 1: Thanks, we'll hear from the Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, I'm sure received the key to the city in Las Vegas. Jada and Will Smith's kids feel bad for their dad and just Smallette. Yeah. Back in the news he's entered a rehab facility. We'll talk about all of these stories at the hour. You know what, No, right now it is time to ask the clo. All right, clo, here we go. I'm not in Tuscaloosa.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: So one of my boys told me that my girlfriend was turking on a white guy at a club this weekend. She said it was a joke because the white guy was visiting from London. Am I supposed to let this slide? Or is twerking on any man disrespectful?
Speaker 6: Well? When you say, oh, should you let it slide? What? What? What?
Speaker 13: What what if you don't let us slide? What that means?
Speaker 6: What I mean? I mean, what you're gonna do? She done tworked already, She didn't admit it that she did it. And she did it because he was from London. Damn. So now you won't know what I mean? What you're not gonna let it slide? Tell me what you do? What is the consequences for towerkin on the white boy? From the consequences? What is it? I don't think it's a lot break up? Break up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, no, okay, well now what that could be a consequence?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No? Happy? Now what happiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you're on me, I'm happy. I know that. Oh okay for a that's for the guy from London. Yeah, okay, all right. Moving on to Reesa in Miami, Resa says, my friend let me borrow some clothes for a photo shoot. I wore one of her blouses for fifteen minutes and a jumpsuit for about ten minutes. She wants all five of the items dry cleaned, even if I only wore two items. Am I obligated to do it? Or is she just being petty?
Speaker 6: No? You you borrowed her clothes. She ain't got the wonder which one you wore. Just dry clean the clothes. Do you know what it would have cost you to buy that stuff? Just try clean the woman's clothes while you're being trifling. She was kind enough to give you five outfits your funky behind. Wore two of them. Now here the problem with the tooth. If you put the two in the bag with the other three and you had them on, you've now affected the freshness of the other three. That's why all five of them got to go to the cleaner. What's wrong with you? Though you borrow the damn clothes, you don't pay for them. You don't want to cleaner, that'd be your last time coming to my house. Why is your poe ass over here? Anyway? If you ain't got the clothes for the photo shoot, what did you do in the damn photo shoot for wow? Filter and do some selfish on ig and change your clothes with the filter? Well, you better recognize Tommy, I'm teaching juniors. I've been teaching all morning because what y'all don't know what Junior couldn't get on this morning without me because he was not a wicked little zoom but he ain't even know to go to hit Dollar party. Click on the blue icon, go ahead.
Speaker 1: All rights and Seattle says, I went to dinner with three of my male friends and we had a few drinks. They asked for separate checks and said it was because they had beer and I ordered to margaritas with expensive tequila. Shouldn't they have paid the bill regardless of my drinks?
Speaker 13: What didn't you say that y'all just friends and we are work. We're from working.
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all, you ain't sleeping with nobody. You don't get all them drinks for that. That ain't how that work. Only one through that is me and Tommy and Jr. We gotta take these girls out of every time we go out. We gotta pay for every damn thing all us hit, the extra double eggs and all this hell, I want extra shrimp on my satin. I don't we gonna pay all that. Yeah, but everybody ain't like us, So you know that's what you get. You know, I got these three male friends. They're not your friends. Oh they're not.
Speaker 13: Man, that is that's a real cowork.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well she just said the three of her friends. She didn't say that they work together.
Speaker 6: Oh they don't work together. Then they really don't, you know, Yeah, they ain't your.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay there, but she's yeah, she's saying, shouldn't they pay the bill regardless of her drinks?
Speaker 7: So he thought she had a free meal and she's not getting it, sir, free drinks and she's like, they're just cheap.
Speaker 1: They're cheap.
Speaker 6: No, all that rosatto and all that old top shelf. No, uh uh, get some of that ragglarss serana could be drinking. Get you some damn teitos and sit your ass down, whole damn bottom twelve dollars for someone potatoes and all that post drink you some postoff? How much? How much of tito?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Last one, Steve, last one? Jamerian and Canton says, I'm renting a house from my aunt and her husband comes to collect the rent and other things.
Speaker 6: My aunt just.
Speaker 1: Confided in me that her husband has become distant and stopped having sex with her. This is terrible. Should I tell her husband that she suspects something is up or just breaks break things off with him?
Speaker 13: What you're doing?
Speaker 6: Is he still collecting the rent? And I don't understand your arrangement. You say he comes and collects the rent and other things. What is the other thing for if you still got to pay the damn rount that? I don't I don't understand. I'm on fire today. I'm sitting trying to figure you what is wrong with Huddle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I mean there's a lot of things wrong with her. First of all, she's sleeping with her aunt's husband. Yeah, your uncle really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Uncle Raymond.
Speaker 1: You're doing this to your aunt.
Speaker 6: That's terrible. Yea horrible.
Speaker 13: Ain't no booty discount or nothing, though, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, yeah, yeah, we ain't got nothing for you. Yeah, sorry about that? You stupid. You're stupid and trifling. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Really, Now your aunt coming over here, you know, swait Raymond.
Speaker 1: Why does her aunt have to talk like that?
Speaker 6: Though? Because I only got one person, one boy, tell me, got a lot of characters, don't tru Yeah, the truck driver told me. You don't do no woman.
Speaker 1: Dude, you got had a point.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're gonna do it again.
Speaker 6: You know, when Raymond goes to get your rent, when he comes back, he don't. We don't. We don't do the new thing no more. You know any idea what's going on at your house? While when he come over here, he don't want nothing no more a t t anything ain't sweety? You want to tell Auntie? Uh huh mm hm, cause you know I fin to figure it out. Yeah, you ain't crazy enough, you know, had your last dish? Peach cobble over here, sweetie. Since I find it to be true, I'm gonna come over there. You're gonna need your head sold up. I'm telling you to the white meat. You're gonna need your whole head sold up because I'm gonna bust it to the white meat. Okay, sweetie, have a nice day, Raymond. All right, I'll be over there to collect the rent next month.
Speaker 1: Okay, good I like that, all right, thank you, Celo. Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: We gotta say congratulations to Usher. Usha Baby received the key to the city in Las Vegas. City councilman Yeah. City Councilman Cedric Career and Mayor Carolyn Goodman celebrated Usher, declaring yesterday, October seventeenth as Usher Raymond Day and handing him the key to the city. Usher thank the Las Vegas City officials for the honor, and an addition, Las Vegas City officials announced they're so excited about Usher Day because for the first time in the city's history, the Super Bowl will be in Las Vegas with Usher as the halftime prefer. Doesn't get any better than that. Yeah, that's really good. Congratulations Usher, Yeah, Yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 6: Now, Usher gonna show him so yes this residency and my only hope Geord his performance and before is that stephen A. Smith, don't say a damn thing.
Speaker 3: You just.
Speaker 6: Now at the damn concert before.
Speaker 14: All after Okay, stick to sports, all right, here we go, Steve, this one's for you and other entertainment news.
Speaker 1: Jada and Will's kids now are feeling bad for their dad. According to Mercurynews dot Com, Willow and Jaden Smith have never been shy from basking in the glow of their parents fame. However, there are limits. Willow, Jaden, and Will's oldest son Trey all feel bad for their dad. We all know that Jada, of course, is on a press tour to promote her new book Worthy, where she keeps dropping bombshell revelations about their father. The kids know their dad is going through a lot after damaging his career with the Oscar slap, and now the press tour is and helping. They wish some of their families private matters remain private, So do we kids.
Speaker 6: Well, you need to tell you quit telling us. Why don't you go in there and tell your mama. Mama, Mama, Mama, Why damn it, Mama, Mama. I'm telling you now. You wearn't that ass hot out here? Daddy came on, No web, we can't go nowhere? Will what's wrong? What you want? Willie? They calling me Willie?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: My name Willow, Willie, Willie what you wearing about this? For Jayde what won I don't. I don't got time for the mama shooting out. Dadd had been good to us, making all this money, giving us a lifestyle and everything. One of the bigger boostars in the world. You sitting up here talking about you thought it was a skip no good hair well that it walked up there wasn't, no damn skid. I told you not to get that hair cutting. No hot.
Speaker 1: She has ali, Would you stop shod Let me get this straight. This is the kids stockings.
Speaker 6: The kids talking kids. Which kid is that? All of them? The boy, the MoMA they got that's the oldest one. That don't nobody hear from the oldest one?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Trade down there representing the willow and uh Jaden Jaydon Yeah he he died talking for them.
Speaker 13: Now, I took mama after got the haircut.
Speaker 6: I told you right now, we can go right out here to the stove where the koree is at and we and we they had they had got them all in the.
Speaker 1: Winter to the beauty supply star go down.
Speaker 6: Here and beat the supply. And they had wigs say down here, oh no, you're gonna go sit up there in front Chris Rock. You know he gonna see you. And it wasn't even a bad Joe. You do look like g I J. You look your light. Dimmie more. Everybody do that. Now Daddy got to go up on stage. Slappers there becau. Daddy is still trying to recover from you were when I brought my friend over the house. I bought a little punky ass over here. I know, I know you're gonna get it tangle all up with him now. You said that on what you said that fault.
Speaker 13: Damn Mama.
Speaker 6: I ain't folks as damn Mama just wearing us out.
Speaker 1: Its truth.
Speaker 13: It's sad. This is so sad.
Speaker 6: Quick truth. Have you heard Steve show lie.
Speaker 10: Truth will do?
Speaker 1: All right, We're moving on. We're moving on.
Speaker 10: They are.
Speaker 1: We're going to try here. Yeah, all right, listen. According to TMZ Jusse Smallett back in the news, he's getting help now through a rehab treatment facility. This is through an outpatient program. In a statement, Smallet's rep said, quote, Jesse has had an extremely difficult past few years. He has been quietly working very hard for some time now, and we are proud of him for taking these very necessary steps. And we all remember, of course, Justin was found guilty of lying to Chicago cops about the alleged attack that happened back in twenty nineteen, where he claimed two mass Trump supporters attacked him and put a noose around his neck. Jusse was sentenced to one hundred and fifty days in jail for the incident, but was released from jail for his appeal a short time after the sentence. Sources are not quite sure what Jesse is getting treated for, However, drug use was mentioned quite a bit during his trial.
Speaker 13: There you go, well, maybe he was on drugs, said night.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what that Yeah, you got you know to come over with that story that that's.
Speaker 13: Drugs right there, I've lied before. That's way path line.
Speaker 7: Who African guys hung me was trying to hang Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's not a lie. That's an hallucination. That's a hallucination. That's different from a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, we gotta go thank the Lord with the Mega had on the home. It's twenty minutes after the hour. One of the Kings of Comedy, Steve ended a twenty five thousand dollars fund for his family after they complained it wasn't enough money. We'll tell you which king right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show.
Speaker 1: According to Essence magazine, during a recent interview on iHeartRadio Radio, one of the Kings of comedy, Steve Cedric, the entertainer, your good friend and of course a friend to the show. Cedric was promoting his new book called Flipping Box Cards, and he said he has no problem telling family members no unborrowing money. Said went on to say that he used to have a whole fund for the family every year, twenty five thousand dollars for whatever it is. You can get it if you qualify, and not for any nonsense, and his sister managed the fund, says family members were only allowed to take a portion, as opposed to a single individual using the entire twenty five grand. Cedric eventually put an end to the fan though to the fund, though, reason being family members started asking for more money, saying that wasn't enough the twenty five thousand dollars. So here's a question for you, Tommy and Junior, Can you guys relate to this and how do you deal with family members who want to borrow money.
Speaker 13: I've cut some off.
Speaker 6: I know you can't quit being a family member, but.
Speaker 13: I actually have. I've actually just why did.
Speaker 7: You do that?
Speaker 1: You opted out your fans.
Speaker 13: I've just done. I'm just done fooling with you.
Speaker 7: You know what when you loan out of grand, then you loan out two grand, then another six months, here come you need three more grand.
Speaker 1: It's something persona.
Speaker 7: Same person, and then and then that person to tell another family member, or you loan me this, you know, just tell them what you needed for the next thing.
Speaker 6: You know, you're gonna look up.
Speaker 7: You got about twenty five thirty out there, and it's not coming back.
Speaker 15: It's not just you just tell I'm not your cousin. No moment, I'm not cousing, I'm not divorced. I'm not your cousin.
Speaker 6: What divorce. If I could divorce a wife, I could damn show divorce a cousin. Show it's legal. It's much easier. But you know, I'm very I'm familiar with saying with this deal right here, because it's crazy. Enough is never enough for some people, and people have this sense of entitlement because the number one thing I used to hear, I know you got.
Speaker 13: It, Yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And the reason I have it is because I'm not gonna it all to you. In the beginning, you suffer from guilt because you want to help everybody out, and then you find out very quickly that they will take advantage of that. So then I started thinking to myself, Man, if they didn't have my sale number, what would they do? So I changed my sale number and I blocked everything from two one six. That's clear. But what I do was my family works for me. Is my fan club.
Speaker 1: Oh it's cool to work, and I just.
Speaker 6: Give them a salary because they all retired and retirement money ain't enough. I give them a salary. They live on it. They grateful, man, Thank you man. That money just help. Then you ain't got to ask me for nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, coming up in thirty four minute. Well check your voicemail right after.
Speaker 13: This whole problem. You can fell off.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show and it's time now to check Steve's voicemail. You can call him at eight seven seven twenty nine. Steven leave a message for him. You just might hear your call in the air. Steve, you ready, This call is from a truck driver on the road. He wants to give you a compliment.
Speaker 16: You get Hendrick, I drive truck and I finally got a chance to get your Rashberry.
Speaker 6: Elevate you.
Speaker 16: To admit it does work, and I thank you put it out there and I will speed you'd be taking it.
Speaker 8: I thank you.
Speaker 6: Take Kensrick Man right on. Appreciate your man. That Rashberry. That's a new flavor that we came out. Rashberry. It's a little different from Raspberry.
Speaker 1: It has you're not clowning the way some more speaks.
Speaker 6: I know this, yeah, you know this is more flavorful hours just according to him, Rashberry. It's more flavor.
Speaker 3: But I can love.
Speaker 13: That's fank you Kendrick.
Speaker 6: Some people like raspberry, but me, me and kids. You Rashberry people.
Speaker 1: Right, listen, keep on this one. This was one of yesterday's asked the CLO question, Steve. This is from Laverne and Greenville, Remember Laverne. Laverne was the one that wrote in and said she worked at the post office. She noticed that her neighbor gets a lot of money orders every month and he mails them out of town remember her, to the same address. And she wanted to know could he be cheating on his wife and sending the money to another woman. Well, this lady left a message about your response.
Speaker 12: This is thea Laverne on the CLO call this morning. Could be onto something from the post office. There's a lot of fraud with money orders. People send people money then they asked them to send them back money orders. So she might be onto something and not necessarily what you're thinking. But that's a good observation from somebody working in the She might need to say a little more attention and alert the authority.
Speaker 17: Have a great day. I love the show and everybody else has fun.
Speaker 1: Take it by.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, miss Vernon, listen, we really don't know what the hell you talking about. What's her name?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 13: Same thing? Hell theo Vernon? Miss the.
Speaker 6: I don't we don't know what the hell you're talking about. Oh I don't. I don't know why you thought you should call in about this hit. That ain't your damn be it sais? Miss deve is what the whole answer? I told her to Laverne? So what did you call there? Talking about that?
Speaker 9: Lady?
Speaker 6: Their post office might be on to something. People buy money all this all the time, sending then they ask for money back, So damn what that ain't got nothing to do with you, and and and and and le Verne in that letter was talking about he must be sending money to some woman. Should I let his wife know? Lady? Now see miss theo, that's how stuff gets started. Stay out of this. Why are you calling here with that? See you're wrong for that, miss deal Now. I love you, loving this show, and I love you too. Her and you, Michael, all that you know, appreciate that you know, and peas all that, all that like all that here. Love the track team you say, boat baby forever.
Speaker 13: What's her name?
Speaker 6: Shelley, Shelley Anne Price. That's my girl with the hair. That's my favorite girl running track. Shakari Richardson? Is it right now? Do for me?
Speaker 7: Sha?
Speaker 6: God? I want to meet Shirkari Richardson, man, because I like to give her some advice. Because that girl right there, man, is she right now? Oh Lord, have mercy. That girl, Karrie Richardster is not a joke man. Not getting the love serves well. I just want to talk to her. I like to talk to her and tell her something I know. I've talked to some sports people and I loved it. Reach out to her, man and just share some old school knowledge with him. Because she needs a lot of money on tape. This girl, this girl, that girl runs so pretty, man. I ain't seen nobody run that pretty. She run pretty man. How that girl can fly there?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got it all out. Jamaican love.
Speaker 13: Yeah, miss uh the you know calling you trying to correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ch Richie, I'm talking about your car, but I was just talking about miss theater. Lady from Jamaica calling about the lady. She might be on to something, Lady.
Speaker 1: Stop coming off to This is the nephew with today's prank phone call. Right after this you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is his father has to keep it down. We'll get to that, find out what that's all about.
Speaker 6: And justice we're keeping it up.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Any Sometimes these subjects are deceiving. We don't know. Right now, you heard them. The nephew is here with today's prank phone call, and iphew, we have a phone call for you two when you finish with your prank.
Speaker 7: Okay, all this right here is refrigerator delivery.
Speaker 13: Refrigerator, the deliver red. All right, let's go cut up refrigerator deliverate.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm trying to reach out, mister, please miss missus Jackson. I'm the driver, man, I'm actually the delivery guy that's bringing you refrigerator over the day.
Speaker 8: Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Okay, listen, I know we had a window that was from eight to twelve this morning's see, it's eleven thirty now, so we're running a little bit behind schedule. Man, we have some problems at the yard getting everything loaded up.
Speaker 8: Man, come on, man, you killing me. I can't. Y'all y'all running behind.
Speaker 7: Were a little bit behind schedule. Man, we're gonna have will be there somewhere between twelve and four.
Speaker 8: Come on, man, y'all got to do better than that, now, Man, with my job.
Speaker 6: I understand, sir, I understand that.
Speaker 8: Actually it's actually I got a man. I got all my food in here, and and the coolers and stuff. Man, I got ice everywhere. I mean so, so, I mean, what's what, What's what's going on? I'll ain't got the regert. I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 6: No, No, we loaded up, you know, we just have some problems.
Speaker 7: I think one of the fourth lifts went out, and you know, it kind of pushed us back, so that four, our win that we had from eight to twelve, man just got ruined. And now we're pushing things from our twelve to four. So between twelve and four, Man, we would definitely be there.
Speaker 8: Y'all got to be better than that. Course I suppose to yesterday.
Speaker 13: Actually, the warehouse supervisor, he's actually out today.
Speaker 6: He's not here, so.
Speaker 8: He's not in. So yeah, Man, Yeah, I'm supposed to be working one car. You said y'all gonna be until in between twelve and four. I'm supposed to be a work in one o'clock.
Speaker 6: I understand it, Man. I greatly apologize.
Speaker 7: Man, it this rarely happens, and it just so happened this morning and forklift was down and we had a lot of stuff to load up. You know, we got I got ten refrigerators on this truck, man, and one of them is definitely yours, sir. So I'm definitely gonna be getting to tell you as soon as I can.
Speaker 8: So so man pushing it because I'm supposed to be your work. And then I scheduled everything else around this because I'm supposed to know, I gotta have a refrigerator on the food and stuff in there in the in the kitchen and whatnot.
Speaker 6: You' you refrigerator went out? Did it go?
Speaker 13: Refrigerator went out? Is that what happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah, very so did. I mean, I had it for quite some time, you know, So it's just amount of time for we'll go out. So I'm trying to go ahead and get a new one, you know, right.
Speaker 7: So that's why, Well, no schedule. I can schedule you next week sometime if you want me to.
Speaker 8: I mean I can't. I can't afford it. We're gonna pay this food that I got in here all over the floor.
Speaker 7: Let me let me get the hustling man. See if I can move as quick as I can. But twelve or four is the window.
Speaker 6: Man. Like I said, I apologize, miss, but we'll be that man.
Speaker 13: We're gonna we're gonna we're gonna beat that with your refrigerator day.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay. So so when you when you on your way, how about I want you to call me and let me know that you're on your waist so I know what's going on.
Speaker 7: We don't normally, we don't normally call when we're on our way. We just come on in and get things set up.
Speaker 8: What do you mean, don't you just call me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like I said, the problem is on us.
Speaker 6: Man, I'll give you a call when we enroute.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, I appreciate that. Now you said twe you said between twelve and four.
Speaker 7: Now, yes, sir, tween twelve and four. We definitely be there. We got your on the truck man.
Speaker 8: Okay, I don't I don't want to, miss man.
Speaker 6: No, no, we got you. We got you. We'll see you in a minute. Man, all right, take care.
Speaker 7: Hello, uh miss, this is Jackson again, the delivery guy man with the refrigerator. Listen, this is about man. We run into a few more problems here. Man, it looks like we're probably not gonna get that refrigerator out till tomorrow. Sometimes you said, you said, what we run into a few more problems. Man, it looks like we're probably not gonna get that refrigerator out till tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Ran into a few more problems, a few more problems.
Speaker 7: Like what, sir, We got some problems with some uh some more delivers we got just with all the delivers we got it, just don't sing. We're gonna make it on your side of town to be able to get this thing table.
Speaker 8: You're not gonna make it on my side of town? What kind of is that you use your you decide you want to take my money when I paid for it, when I paid for it, But you're gonna tell me you don't. You ain't gonna make it on my side of town.
Speaker 7: Well, but when you definitely get out there tomorrow, Man, we definitely can get out there the mark.
Speaker 8: I can't. I can't have my situation out here tomorrow. I got chicken and beefing uh and man brisk all over here, him my sloaks, and you're gonna tell me you can't make it in here til tomorrow? What got it? Just that you you? You ain't got no answers for me on that erstand No, No, I don't. I don't think you understand, son, Because I got sitting I got food and icen sitting in here, and coolers all over the floor in my kitchen. You're gonna tell me that I did just you can't make it in here til tomorrow with my with my with my fridge the hell because because you you you you you you and on the back for ramp.
Speaker 9: The what.
Speaker 8: Yesterday?
Speaker 9: The word that way is I.
Speaker 8: Told him yesterday I had to have my work at one o'clock. I told him that. I said, now, you got to refrigerated here on time because I gotta have my at work when I don't talk to you when, like I said.
Speaker 13: Certainly not working today.
Speaker 8: He's not in the day in charge.
Speaker 7: Well, actually the lady named one that's actually in charge of Larry Lee's. But uh, I don't even know if I saw mom.
Speaker 8: But but you reggative? You why do y'all doing over there? I did, We're gonna have it there. It was I took off my joy for y'all had the refrigerated here. I'm here at home. Now you call me back, and.
Speaker 7: So all I can tell you is we're gonna be there tomorrow. Okay, I'm not gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 8: You said you're not gonna go you know what, you frigerator. Sorry, y'all you take the frigerator, so you take their refrigerator. Build up enough, I don't want to know more. I can go around put this school in my neighbor frigerator, and I'm gonna go give me another one somewhere else because you playing around. Ain't got time for your mess sir.
Speaker 13: I don't know if I don't know if that's refunded.
Speaker 17: You know what you mean?
Speaker 8: You don't know is refunable?
Speaker 9: You got time?
Speaker 8: You're gonna take my money and you're gonna tell me that I can't have my money back. You can't get my friger on your time, sir.
Speaker 6: Listen, there's one more thing I need to.
Speaker 8: Say to me, because.
Speaker 7: Okay, but I have one more thing I need to tell you. Okay, are you listening? This will probably help everything. What this is, Nephew Tommy from the Steve Hobby Morning Show. You just got pranked by your wife.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm gonna fix up, so Preserator, that's what I want to know. I tell you what they showed. Uperator put it.
Speaker 1: But we built hand.
Speaker 6: How many he's answering his question though every day?
Speaker 7: But how many times? How many times have you been waiting at home and they change your window? How many times did that happened to you? They tell you what, we're gonna be there between twelve and twelve and four will be there then, or we'll be in between ten and two.
Speaker 6: Y'all man.
Speaker 13: They keep calling back calling back, calling back.
Speaker 1: All right, speaking of calling nephew, you ready for this, we have a call for you. Check it out.
Speaker 17: Oh my god, today I told him eighteenth out of Windsay when I tell you, I had to pull over and I'd almost got a headache from laughing at Timmy with this praying call and singing the show too. I just want to say, but it's what I needed.
Speaker 9: I mean, going to a lot.
Speaker 17: My mother's been in the house for the last three months. But y'all get me through every morning as I go to work and then get through my day. But this one here, every time I think Tommy k through no more.
Speaker 6: He did it.
Speaker 17: But I love all of you guys. I wish everybody the best. Steve is my motivational speaker every day. So y'all have a good one.
Speaker 13: Just looking out of the window, fall groove.
Speaker 6: If you're going to Chicago. Oh that's why you're singing the theme the good Time?
Speaker 1: What what.
Speaker 6: Downtown? I'm getting ready to come through, y'all.
Speaker 7: Get ready, man, it's because Sweetest Day Comedy Jam. We're gonna have a whole lot of fun Friday and Saturday night. So you know it starts studying, man, You got Gary Owen, you got Bill Bellaman, you got Melanie Coomato, Benji Brown, Kevin Tate and my boy that.
Speaker 13: Dog Gone, That God Dog Gone, Tony Roberts.
Speaker 1: Old Fool d Fool of All.
Speaker 7: Fools, hosted by yours truly. So for all you got, your brother's out them, come take your lady out. It's sweetest day comedy jam. And for you ladies that don't have a man, come find you a man, because it's gonna be some single ones hanging out at the Airy Crown. Okay, think it's on sale at the Airy Crown box office all Ticketmaster out lift. I don't care how you get it, Well, come get it cause I'm gonna be straight ignorant. And don't be late because I open up with a.
Speaker 1: Bike here, all right, thanking I you coming up next. Strawberry Letter for today. The subject his father has to keep it down. We'll get into that find out what that's all about. Right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Dave Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 13: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight.
Speaker 6: We got it for you.
Speaker 13: Here it is Strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew. Subject his father has to keep it down. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm married to a man that can't tell his family no about anything. I met him twenty two years ago at his daddy's shoe shop, and we dated, fell in love, and got married. I'm forever grateful to his dad because he paid my tuition for my senior year of college after my family faced a financial crisis. My dad did pay him back over time, and he will forever be one of my favorite people. But I want him out of my house. He's seventy two years old and he's on his second wife. He cheated on her in March. He was relieved that he got caught so he could leave the woman. That's when he asked me and my husband if he could live with us for a while. I said no, and I told him to work things out with his wife. My husband overruled me, and he reminded me how his dad helped me out years ago in college. So his dad moved in. We have a split level house and at the front door you go upstairs for the main part of the house, and you go downstairs and there's a bonus room, a bathroom, and a sauna that my husband got me for Christmas. His daddy is on the bottom floor on our sleeper sofa and he's been living down there since June doing whatever he wants to do with his girlfriend, Miss Beverly. I have caught them naked in my sauna, and I've walked in on them down there having sex on the couch. Miss Beverly likes to cook for him in my kitchen and I have to say and I have no say so in it. The worst part is all of the begging and screaming that Miss Beverly does all hours of the night. There isn't a door separating the floor, so we hear them having sex constantly. How do I get my husband to see that it's time for Papa and Miss Beverly to get their own place. Wow, Papa is living his best life. He's seventy two, years old, with no responsibilities except to himself to have a good time. But it sounds like his lady friend, Miss Beverly, is having the most fun of all. And I could see how this is on your last nerve. Yes, his dad paid her tuition your last year of college, and yes that was cool and very generous of him. But Papa has truly worn out his welcome using your home as his personal motel room. You and your husband are not on the same page about this. You already said your husband can't say no to his family about anything. You're not in this same page. You guys aren't united. His dad knows that, and that's why he's taking advantage of the situation. How long is he supposed to hold this loan thing over your head? I mean, your dad paid him back. Eventually, It's time for you to step up as the woman of the house and talk to your husband about making arrangements for Papa and Miss Beverly to either quiet it down downstairs or find themself a love nest someplace else.
Speaker 6: That's it, Steve, eh, Hey, I go here to go? All right, let's go here we go. Let me tell you what's really happening here. You you've been married to a man that can't tell his family no. Uh, you met him twenty two years ago at his daddy's shoe shop. That's critical information. His daddy's shoe shop started dating, y'all gotting married. Now, you said, I'll be fairver grateful to his dad because he paid my tuition for my senior year of college. After my family faced the cry find out your crisis, you said, I'll forever be grateful he's Then you said my dad did pay him back over time. Now let me tell you something. This man must have been doing good with the shoe shop because he paid for his own son's college education, then stepped in and paid George too. Now, your daddy did pay him out. And then here's where the the lie. Here's where the letter just turns into one big old line. He will forever be one of my favorite people. The line I wrote right after that is no he won't. He will forever be one of my favorite people. My next line I wrote was no he won't, because your next line was, but I want him out of my house. See how that work right there? Now, just one line prior he was one of he will forever be one of my favorite people. Then you say, but I want him out of my house. You don't put favorite people out your house. You know why my sons don't live with me no more because they stopped being one of my favorite people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, once you stop being one of my favorite people, you got to get out. So when you say he will forever be one of my favorite people, no he won't. If you're not married, you can be married to a person and that person can stop being your favorite person and you want them to move. Stop lying out here, people, you will forever be one of my favorite people. Nobody ain't. Nobody feet to be one of your favorite people all the time, except your mama. My mama was my only favorite person all the time. She was one of my favorite people all the time. Other than that. Now them all the mother favorite people they come to go. Now you want to put the man out the house. He's seventy two years old. He on his second wife. That ain't nothing. He cheated on her and mand and heople's relieved he got caught so he could lead a woman. Yep, it happens. But let's just move on to his right head. Yeah it happened. You know, Oh you don't think it happened. You know how many favorite people you then left? Think about it, y'all? Who in here ain't had a favorite person that stopped being their favorite person? Hello?
Speaker 13: Quickly a list.
Speaker 6: Of I got that though, one hundred favorite people that I don't talk too long more.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letters. Subject his father has to keep it down. We'll get into it, get back into it right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is his father has to keep it down?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 6: This lady done let her father in law move into the house as a kind of a repayment. You know, he helped her out in college when her family fell in hard times, and so her husband's dad stepped in and owns a shoe shop, paid her tuition. Well, he got a divorce, he cheated on his wife. He was relieved to lead a woman anyway, and so now he needs a place to stay. She said, he will forever be one of her favorite people. And then right after that, she said, but I want him out of my house. I know exactly where you at, ma'am. A lot of favorite people I wanted out of my house before. They weren't my favorite people at one point in time, but the moment they stopped being a favorite person of mine. Please your ask gots to move children included anyway, I said that out there, Yeah, just children included. He as could he move into the house. I said no. I told him to work things out with his wife. Now, I don't know how you think. What do you think he got caught cheating? Now you want him to work it out with his wife. Maybe the wife don't want it worked out. You ever thought of that? So now he come to you. Your husband overruled you, and he reminded you of how his dad helped you out when you were in college. So his dad moved in. Y'all got a two level house and downstairs as a bonus room, got a bathroom in it, and a soner that your husband got you from Miss Christen, his daddy that moved in down Now he's staying on the sleeper sofa and he been living down there since June. Eh, that's a lot of muss now doing whatever he wants to do with his old ass girlfriend, Miss Beverley Beverly. And you know they are old because on nobody name they baby Beverley, no more whole ass, miss Beverley. I have caught them naked in my sona just sitting up in there, just naked. And then the worst part of it is, oh and then you know you called him in that neked You done walked in on them having sex on the couch. Well where you want to have sex, because sometimes you don't have time. He sleep on sleep or sofa and if he ain't let it out into the sleeper yet, well what else is he got used? Because now you got this, you in the passion of the moment, you ain't got time to let this damn bed out, put your sheets on there and make it all up. The mood could be gone because every time he gotta go to bed, he gotta let this damn sleep. For so far you got hardier when you nicked. If younked you you are you excited and you gotta let this damn sleep for sofar that is wrong of you to want them to go through all that. Well, it's not the couch, it's his bed, right and you need to start knocking your ass is just walking in here like you fired well, quit walking down in there looking at him, neked in the sauna. You got the ass to come down there. Now, that's his room. Your sauna is down there in his room, and him and Miss Beverley is sitting up in the ass naked sweating all these different body parsing fluids in your sonna. The worst part is all the big and and screaming that Miss Beverly does all hours of the night. Miss Beverley is down there putting on a damn show, begging ass screaming, please please, please, please yes, please.
Speaker 13: Please don't stop. Please don't you damn don't.
Speaker 6: You damn please? Come on now, come on now, come on, come on. What you're waiting on? What you're waiting on? Come on?
Speaker 7: What you wait?
Speaker 6: You want some more? Get it? Get it, get it, get it, Come on now, don't stop getting That's an old woman down there, this old people scream, you know it.
Speaker 13: Don't be like no young there ain't none of that. This n sound like an old sick ass cat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get it now, don't stop, just like two damn old ass cats in the alley. You will never try to throw up Miss Beverly down there.
Speaker 18: You don't you Come on now, come on now, don't stop getting it, get it, Come on herm and let's get with it. Nine no, no, no, no no, look at him, no no Lord ham Medson scream from me, beg some more.
Speaker 1: Please, that's what she doesn't want to hear, the white of all that she's doing.
Speaker 6: James, my please please please please please, please don't go. I want some more? Please love it? And they having concept? How do I get my husband?
Speaker 13: See?
Speaker 6: It's time for popping miss Belly to get their own place. It's time for them to go. All this hollering, cooking and all that old ass food. She in that front cracking all right.
Speaker 1: Strawberry Letter had Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Free Never sounded so good. Downloaded today now coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, we got Junior with Sports Talk today. Right after this you're.
Speaker 10: Listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk, which you got Junior pippin.
Speaker 6: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Junior?
Speaker 6: We got a pick man. I'm ready man, y'all you like this out shit right here?
Speaker 7: What you got on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: What you got on? Pippin? Oh, this is all this brand new? I just had this maid. Man, it's all right here. This is special silk worm cotton, straight out of China. Okay, yeah, this is called I call this Bethele of Ham. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice, right here, put it's straight out of China. Okay, yeah, but you know.
Speaker 6: They don't making in Bethlehem no more. You can't go You can't get nothing out of that right now. They tripping, you know, little current events. But you can go ahead.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's pick man Jack Wars, Saints Jaguars.
Speaker 6: Saw you got jaguarse daby all day?
Speaker 1: Duvall Brown's coat, pipping.
Speaker 6: Brown's baby all day, Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Bill's Patriots, piping Bill's commanders, Giants, pip Commander's junior.
Speaker 6: What did you get n attitude with me? Come on, HB watch yourself. But Lions rams here we go. You already no Detroit baby, oh day players up in there, a little Detroit.
Speaker 13: Cities licause I still got a pair on.
Speaker 4: I got a pair of right now, okay, pipping the Falcons Buccaneers, come on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a hard one. Come on, Falcons. All right, Steve Ram, Pip come on, Rams, try. I know you ain't, but try.
Speaker 4: Cardinals, Seahawks, Seahawks, here go, Pip package Broncos.
Speaker 6: Damn, Broncos can't win. I love I love Wilson, but boy HERU come on Broncos. I know, come on. Charge of chiefs, Charge of chiefs, Chiefs all day, baby, come on, you know what's happening?
Speaker 4: Dolphins Eagles pipping?
Speaker 10: Mmmm no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: I know you tried to get me to say dolphins. But the Eagles gonna make a comeback. They lost last week. Put them Damn.
Speaker 13: I don't know how they lost.
Speaker 6: They came to the Jets. Yeah, Eagles is back. Jayalen hurts, Baby, forty nine is bick is pipping? Oh, forty nine is mad at the Browns. I'm gonna go with the forty nine ers, man, That is sure?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Janires Junior, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Pipon thinks. Coming up at the top of the hour, a guy on social media needs some advice. He wants to know is it okay to wander away from the family while they're on vacation. I will talk about it right after this.
Speaker 6: You good, lost.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All Right, Steve Javon on Facebook says it's been three years, but he's finally in the position to take the entire family on vacation. He says, it's going to be great to see the kids cut loose at Disney, and we're all very much looking forward to it. My wife and I, however, are at odds on one topic. I want one day to just roam off on my own and do my own thing. She's getting an attitude because she thinks I need a vacation away from her. It's not just her, it's everyone. I just want a night away, to go to a couple of bars and just be all by myself.
Speaker 10: Is that so wrong?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Your dogs? I mean, I understand where you're coming from, but that ain't the time to do it. You got to do that at the house. You can't take your family down to Disney and there's just one off because now, I mean your dog, dog. Do you know how hard it is to find somebody back at Disney. Dog, Once you get separated at Disney, the chances of finding them is slim, which may be your hold gone now I know, But bruh, you can't do it on the Disney trips. You got to get you some time by yourself. You can saved up this money for the family. You one night, you can go to some bars and all like that dog that that ain't sounding real family at all, and thin where you're going to tell me you're going somewhere. He just wants to just be ye. See, he gotta good. You gotta get off Disney for all that you're talking about that. I'm gonna tell you right now that damn mouse is everywhere. You can go there and go to that damn mouse. It's a constant reminder. It ain't but a couple of spots at Disney where you ain't got to see that mouse. It's a constant response. Yeah, bro, this ain't a good idea. Man, This is not a good idea. Not on the family trip. You got to get you a sad day all to yourself and go home and go to some balls and stuff and then come on back home. You can't take your family down there and then wanda off.
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 1: I think we have time for one more. Steve Tom on Facebook says, Hey Steve, my name is Tom and I'm one of your blue eyed soul brother listeners. Over the last week, I've been the most hated man in my neighborhood, and it's all because of my love for Halloween. My love for the holiday is well known, and I've invested tens of thousands of dollars over the last decade making sure I have the greatest house in our subdivision. Now people go out of their way to drive by the house, see the spooky decorations, look at the lights, and hear my new giant ogre yell at them. It's freaking awesome. My neighbors, however, have let it be known how much they hate me around this time each year. I've set timers to shut things down at nine pm each night, but it doesn't seem to make things any better. Help me find common ground with my neighbors.
Speaker 6: Please, Yeah, ain't gonna be able to help you with just some dog I'm coming, tom. I don't give a damn by no ogas, goblins and all this here. I don't care about no giant ass pumpkins with no lights and their little teeth missing jack O Landas. I ain't never been into that, so I can't help you all man, and you blue eyes soul brother, I appreciate that. But if you live in a black neighborhood, they gonna get tied to your ass really fast. And if you live in a white neighborhood, they probably tied the yeahs, who is every year in it? Every year? Yeah? Every year? That's cool. I can't help you, though. I can't help you all saying. I mean, for crying out loud. Come on, you're scaring the children. It's just crazy. We've got people coming down the street that don't normally come here. They're taking photos. Our address is showing up in the photos.
Speaker 13: It's a safety hazard.
Speaker 6: I've got a ring doorbell and it's just crowded with people all the time. Your yard is a nuisance, well.
Speaker 1: A white neighborhood. So if he lives in the hood hood, then.
Speaker 13: What hey, man, you're gonna cut all the damn ghost out and everybody like this.
Speaker 6: Okay, right now, you got one more. I tell you what you're gonna do. No, no, I tell you what you're gonna do. You're gonna have your Halloween there Friday after that. Cut all this mess out your Halloween. But now cut all these lights out, cause we got all this. We gotta do all this again. On Christia.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, Tom Harby Moon Show coming up in twenty minutes after the hour right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, Carla is here with some weekend HBCU homecoming news.
Speaker 2: What you got, Carla, Well, look at my sweatshirt this week and this weekend HU. Happy Homecoming the Howard University.
Speaker 7: It's going down.
Speaker 2: We have to say Happy Homecoming to our home station w h R on the campus ninety six point three on the campus of Howard University, the Bisons Day of the Bisons are celebrating homecoming all this week, wrapping things up.
Speaker 6: Saturday is the big.
Speaker 1: Game against Norfolk State.
Speaker 2: The spartans of the events include, you know they gonna have alumni HU Alumni Happy Hour, block Party, the Mecca tailgate, and step show. So we love it HBCU Homecomings. You know fall that's what it's all about. Homecoming and we celebrate our culture of pride unity on the campus of any HBCU. If you attended one, you have pride for all of them. So Happy Homecoming to Howard University. Steve, I want you to tell me what was your favorite quickly your favorite college memory, Kent State.
Speaker 6: My favorite college moment. Oh that party we threw that night when I Wish album came out. She was in the key of life. Boom boom boom. Looking back on you was that was the coldest night. And then when later on after that How Players album came out with five and we lick candles and went around the party in a circle.
Speaker 1: Nice y'all coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather? Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning shows?
Speaker 1: It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather drink water from a vase that has two week old flowers? Or would you rather eat a big spider web?
Speaker 13: Surey where you get all this fear have to mess from?
Speaker 1: Would you rather? Would you rather drink water from a vase that has a two week old flowers? Or would you rather eat a big spider web?
Speaker 6: That's it?
Speaker 1: Nothing to do?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that water trifle two weeks old, it's in there. You're gonna be sick.
Speaker 6: You're the web.
Speaker 13: I've got some nice nutrition in in the summer. I'm gonna have to eat that web with you many all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have all your teeth fall out? Or would you rather have all your toenails fall out?
Speaker 6: Oh you can take these toenails. I wear sandals and everything, won't have a toenail. Man. I got that kind of in my family. I get. I give my little son in law, John John, John John, come over there and paint some toenails on that for me. Realist.
Speaker 1: Hell, he's an artist.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll be walking around with press. Just be walking with them sanders on, just nails, just all over the mall.
Speaker 1: What color? What color.
Speaker 6: Color ain't gonna be They're gonna be clear, clear, okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather find a dead body a year? Would you rather find a dead body in your freezer, in your deep freezer, or would you rather find a dead body in your closet freezer?
Speaker 7: Closet, that freeze, Yeah, that freeze. He's thinking, he's thinking, if he in that, if he in that closet. Now, if you in that freezer, we keep the smell down.
Speaker 1: We'll get it with your meat and stuff.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get him out of this. Your problem ain't gonna be the meat, surely, what your problem is gonna be with the police. Yeah, you've got to get to get him out of here. Better than the freezer because last he in one position. You know, you can just get you up and get him and sliding. He's gonna have a lot of ice on him. You can slide him across the floe easy. Yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather communicate only any mojis or never be able to text ever? Again?
Speaker 6: Been the hell with test? That's confused? Don't give me them little yellow faces. I'll work with him.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, guys. That's today's rounded. Would you rather coming up in forty nine minutes after we'll close out the show our last break and Steve we'll have some closing remarks right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day. It's been a good day, good Thursday.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We gotta say, uh, happy birthday to our production manager, he keeps the show together, David Hines. Thank you Dave. Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: We gotta say, we gotta say we are just uh, we are just in prayer for Will Smith right now and just everything he's going through.
Speaker 9: We just.
Speaker 7: It's just disgusting. It just is the Smiths and then the Smith's kids. It's just they can't tolerat it. No more.
Speaker 6: It's just it's just it's just the same.
Speaker 1: What are you crying?
Speaker 6: I'm sall that's what he wanted to pray for, So, you know prayers, let them ahead on with it. But for Will. Hey, y'all, I got closing remark today. I just want to remind everybody that life is ten percent. What happens to you is ninety percent of what you do about it. Everybody has to deal with the ten percent. Your job is to not let the ten percent be bigger than ten percent. See, what happens is when things happen to you in your life, you've got to develop the coping skills to get you through it, because that's the measure of life. That's the experience you we all have to garner as we go along through this thing called life. We've got to get better experienced at better at handling the what happens to us in life. Because if you notice the what happens, often time repeats itself. I'll give you an example. You're gonna run up into somebody that you think is your friend, and then you're gonna discover that they're not really your friend at all. That will happen to you more than once everybody that's grown has known that it will happen more than once. You are going to have to deal with betrayal more than once. You will have to deal with disappointment more than once. Disappointment comes over and over and over again. It just comes in different shapes, forms and fashions. So what you have to do is knowing that these things are going to happen to you. It's called life. You are going to be challenged, you are going to suffer setbacks, you will experience hardship, and you will have to endure things that's unfair. Unfairness is a part of life. All of us have to deal with the unfairness of life. Life ain't fair.
Speaker 1: Who told you that?
Speaker 6: Who told you life was fair? Because there are things that are going to beset you that you have no control over whatsoever. It's just somebody decided to do you dirty. Somebody decided to lie about you. Somebody decided to make a meme. Somebody decided that you was going to be tag you in. Well, that happens to everybody, y'all. It's different levels and different measures of it, but it happens to everybody. But whatever happens to you, listen, to me, that's the ten percent. Life is ten percent. What happens to you is ninety percent what you do about it. You've got to start perfecting the what you do about it part, because that's the part you control. See, you have control over the what you do about it, how you handle it, how you perceive it, how you drink it, how you take it. That's you. If you're drinking the negative kool aid over and over and over and over and over, do you know what you have? You gotta stop stop drinking the negative kool aid. Stop letting people determine about you what you know is not true. If you know the truth about you, why are you allowing somebody with an untruth to affect you. If you're in a relationship and the relationship has gone bad, and all of a sudden you find out that the person you were in love with, y'all ain't really in love no more. Y'all don't really even like each other no more. Well, you ain't the first person that that's happened to, and it may not happen to your only once. So now you've got to figure out the what you're gonna do about it? Okay, this person don't love you no more? Okay, what you're gonna do about that? Do you know that you can't make a person love you?
Speaker 7: Do you know that.
Speaker 6: You got to learn that one real quick. It took me a minute to learn that one. Do you also know that you can't make another person happy? Do you know that you cannot make another person happy? As a matter of fact, Bishop Jakes told me one time, you can't make another person happy. It's not your job, nor should you make it your job. Get over it. Let's move on. We as we grow up, have to get better coping skills so we can deal with these problems that beset us. It's gonna happen now. There are some things that happen to us in life where you really just can't get a real grip on it. And grief. Grief is one of those things, you know. I hate it when I'm grieving over the loss of somebody. Here comes somebody with all this advice. I was at my mama's funeral. One more person that came up to me and said she in a better place now. I was gonna slap her because the better place I wanted her to be was upstairs in her.
Speaker 13: Rocking chair at the house I got. All the rest of this stuff is what you do about it.
Speaker 6: You've got to develop a better way of coping with it, because guess what, y'all, it's gonna happen over and over and over again. Get you some God in your life, get you some prayer in your life, get you some faith in your life, and let it help you deal with all this stuff that happens, because once again, life is ten percent. What happens to you is ninety percent. What you do about it. You got to start doing better about it because that you can control. My closing remarks today, hope you got something out of If you didn't, we'll try it again tomorrow. Y'all have a good one. Peace for all.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey contests No purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.