Speaker 1: He is drink chants, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't say greed as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as d J E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know me and the most.
Speaker 1: Professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans mocads New Year c that's it's time for drink champs.
Speaker 3: Drink up, motherfucking mother.
Speaker 2: You ain't m make some motherfucking noise, Yo, shout out.
Speaker 4: Carlos any fighte South, that's home team my head and again makes the noise any by sound right?
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 2: It's a skill, bro.
Speaker 6: I love the eighty five South niggas the new face, a new face.
Speaker 3: It ain't happening unless new faces here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, who do we have here?
Speaker 3: What us man? Who do we have here tonight?
Speaker 4: Introducing me FN We got the legendary It's not just the South, it's not just New Orleans. This is hip hop icons. We got juvenile and Manny Fresh makes some noise, Yo, get my whole.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Boris?
Speaker 3: Get my home right there, though.
Speaker 4: The come on, man, we ain't complete unless we're making some motherfucking noise.
Speaker 7: What I'm saying you heard me, y'all know this is this is different for drink champs.
Speaker 3: There's like corporate drink Champs.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 6: This is probably one of the fantastic moments for me as a hip hop artist. I used to go to New Orleans all the time, yes sir, and I used to try to discover the new ship. And when I came to New Orleans this one time, there was this Puerto Rican woman.
Speaker 2: She had gold.
Speaker 1: Fronts in her mouth and she was body buff for sure, and she said, and you know, you're just respecting the God.
Speaker 2: And I was like what I was like, yo?
Speaker 1: She said, you need to understand what juvenile them niggas is doing over there.
Speaker 6: And I did not understand until I understood. And let me tell you something, y'all, niggas changed the face of fucking hip hop.
Speaker 2: Y'all changed the face that changed the face of everything.
Speaker 1: And I want to salute you face to face man, the man like a like a real nigga, and tell y'all, holy moly, guaca moly, no real ship.
Speaker 2: Because.
Speaker 6: Said, by the way, you know what I bung out today.
Speaker 1: You know what this is especially oh the fucking oh man Winkle. Yes, that's ship right there, that's the old fucking somebody got killed behind that ship.
Speaker 2: Mandy Fresh went too far, talk about it. What is this? What is this that? When I said what is that, I don't know what. Listen, this is this is this is God man, he tell you.
Speaker 1: So this this ship, like maybe it's age, but it was a story about some dude who stole the barrels and all of that ship. He worked for them, and this ship was like the craziest ship in the world. It came from Kentucky, right, Yes, yeah, it's a Kentucky whiskey or bourbon or whatever the fuck it is.
Speaker 2: But it's this.
Speaker 1: Crazy ship that these fucking lawyers attorneys and all of this ship was fighting over the half. And there was one dude who had barrels of this fucking ship that he stole. And now this ship is the most sought after ship in the fucking world.
Speaker 3: Drinking a drinking this mother.
Speaker 2: Shot said look jewy like fucking k juvy jewey.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, you give it once everybody.
Speaker 5: I bought my own ship.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna drink you got some beer, right, I'm gonna drink your ship. Juy jew, I've just seeing the juwis juice you've been wanting on.
Speaker 5: I had a six pack and drink.
Speaker 2: I drank so so what explain to us? What is juwbie juice?
Speaker 5: It's a Celsius like on the Palmer Celsa right, Okay, they got it, man, you gotta take.
Speaker 2: It's a hard passage to me.
Speaker 6: All right, but but let's let's let's just let's just stow it out there.
Speaker 1: Hold on, yeah, past to me, stow it out there, and we need home. Definition is getting that is?
Speaker 3: Home is home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll brough a home. There's a room that's a that's a tour going hot noise, it could happen.
Speaker 1: Y'all know ship now we we we got you know, lawyers and ship crossy Tea's got your ships different Now.
Speaker 2: Ship is different. I'm a grown ass bag. Can't just shake my fucking hand. I need that money.
Speaker 5: Jesus, it's going on. That's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Uh, you got a cup?
Speaker 5: I got a cup? Right?
Speaker 2: Let me give you a cup? Is this, that, this that, Oh, you're pouring it in a cup.
Speaker 4: He's like, let me get some, let me let me try this craziness, please me.
Speaker 3: Alright, good look at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, let's just smell different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This that this that that ship.
Speaker 3: Here's the nose hairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, hold on, man, you ain't You ain't help me.
Speaker 3: Out at all, man, And you brought this for what reason?
Speaker 6: I bought this because these niggas from New Orleans and they're gonna appreciate this ship.
Speaker 3: Y'all drink whiskey like that in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Hold on, god, what I'm drinking. I'm drinking what you got?
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Cheers.
Speaker 2: Cheers to that. Cheers y'all.
Speaker 3: Legends to the legends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, Julie. Oh, they said.
Speaker 4: Wow, that ship is different, and many took it like a chance because you know what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ubi, They said, you're the only person to make a record.
Speaker 2: What a rhetorical question? Huh?
Speaker 5: The first person I ever heard break this?
Speaker 4: Did you know that you knew the answer to every question on that record?
Speaker 3: Said they?
Speaker 5: They said, you a rhetorical question.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's because you didn't really care what anybody asked you after you.
Speaker 5: Asked that question, right, right?
Speaker 2: How does that feel?
Speaker 5: That's crazy?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: You got me looking at that ship differently.
Speaker 2: Right, But Julie, break down that whole record.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you've done it a million times, but for right now, for right here, break down that record.
Speaker 5: How you came up with that record talking about how backup ask?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: But the whole hot thing was, you know, I wanted to relive the Soldier Rag thing. I don't know if you ever heard the Soldier Yeah, absolutely, Social Rag was kind of like the song that kind of broke down a lot of doors for us, right. So it was like when we got with Universal, I was like, damn, you know, I want the whole country to hear me in this form, right, So I'm like, how the fun can I follow up this song and make a song like that? And the whole thing was, and I told, man, They're like, man, just do one of them beast close to like Soldier Rag, but many made to be totally different and faster. So it brought on another challenge to where I was. It was to the point to where I wasn't following the beat when I recorded. So leave it up to your man, right, make my job harder. But that's how the song came about. It was it was a follow up to the Soldier Rags.
Speaker 2: Now, Manny, i'mna be honest with you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've interviewed a lot of cash money artists and all that they do is say it's always.
Speaker 5: Manny's fault.
Speaker 2: In a good way. They're like, yo, whatever I say.
Speaker 1: If I say I want to do rose at the end, man he knows how to facilitate that. A lot of ways, I apologize for making this reference, but a lot of ways people say that you are the New Orleans doctor Dre. Yeah, that's a fair that is to me.
Speaker 2: That's bro, that's that's an honor. You feel me.
Speaker 1: We makes a noise for that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That was the South doctor for me.
Speaker 1: But born on the South, grew up on doctor Dre. So you know, like I fuck young me, mimick doctor Dre. You know what I'm saying. I wanted to be doctor Dre. So that is fucking the honor to me, you feel me? And even with how I remember when Julie was saying the ship clowning, I was beating on the table somewhere and he was saying the ship and I was with the high record. Yeah, it was let's be honest, it was a joke at first. Yeah, it was kind of like.
Speaker 5: All our songs kind of like start off from y'all gotta stop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, y'all gotta It was just fucking up serious, everybody in the studio, serious as motherfucker y'all in there playing around and making hit records.
Speaker 1: I was like, we're gonna record that ship. M yes, sir, No, I'm saying, so y'all in the studio, Uh huh. He's how does this start? How does this start? Our process? So I think what made them incredible songs was we was always in competition with each other, with each other, with each other. If I felt like, he will tell you, and I'm going to show Wayne Turk.
Speaker 5: Beats all competition every time we'll.
Speaker 6: Tell you, let me say something, let me say something that's an outside of looking in. We always thought y'all was in competition with cash.
Speaker 1: No, we was in competition with each other in the studio. So if Julie did some ship and I felt like it beat my fucking beat up or fuck my feat up, the song would sound completely different.
Speaker 2: The next day.
Speaker 4: You never was looking at beats by the pound like Saint. That's competition, no at all.
Speaker 1: No, we had enough competition to get us narrow.
Speaker 5: You to that. Right, we turned in, We turned in the album, so four hundred degrees right, we went.
Speaker 4: To amazing album by the way.
Speaker 5: So we in Nashville and we got to turn the album in money and this Saturday and man in Fresh turned on back that ass up, which I recorded like two months earlier. Right, he turned it on. I'm listening to the song. I'm like, damn, bro, you changed the beat. That ain't so he killing me? He killing me? You know, y'all the beat you all listening to. Now, that's the beat I'm listening and I'm doing some move. Man. I don't even remember the ship I did. It wasn't the ship I said that, y'all here Now, I wasn't saying the bat you're working with some ass at your bad. I ain't say none of that ship. It was like a regular verse. When I heard that ship that said, hell no, bro, when you heard that, you got to give me another shot at it. So in Nashville, same thing happened with her high and people don't know how hind.
Speaker 2: Back way too fast.
Speaker 5: Watch hind back that ass I was the last two songs recorded on for one of the degrees right, and it was recorded in Nashville.
Speaker 4: And it was because listen, they could change the beats to both of them. Yeah yeah, wait, so wait, those verses had other beats on them that it.
Speaker 2: Was other verses.
Speaker 1: His verse was different, but I felt like they was better than my beat. So I changed the beat and then he won. He changed the verse, he changed the verse. Can I say so?
Speaker 2: His changed right there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me tell you something, Julie.
Speaker 1: If you ever seen a regular girl regular, he love her, man, she ain't got nothing to do with nothing.
Speaker 2: But then back that ass up. Come on, this girl becomes different. She's different, she becomes.
Speaker 3: She backed that ass up.
Speaker 2: And you telling me you made that by mistake.
Speaker 3: It's kind of what he said. Yeah, you tell you, but I don't want to hear this.
Speaker 2: At the hook now, yeah the who the hook was that?
Speaker 1: But the different song though, just because we had friendly competition, that always made the song so much better.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It would be a moment where you had to go to the corner and be like, man, what the fuck he doing like he really trying to embalance.
Speaker 4: But Mike, Man, the friendly competition is within y'all, yeah, within us.
Speaker 6: But man, I just wanted to do one yard something. There's a there's a footage. There's a US Army member that he stands there.
Speaker 3: You got military footage, Yes.
Speaker 2: Military footage, a US Army member. Yeah, then you go.
Speaker 3: Don't start dancing.
Speaker 2: No, no, I can't do it. But in my mind he stopped playing back that ass up.
Speaker 5: He just.
Speaker 3: Y'all didn't see that.
Speaker 2: I saw it. I know what you're talking about. Man.
Speaker 5: I always seen stuff to me. Yeah, like you send me the lady on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what she was at a party of Yeah, on the ground she was. She was not on the beat, but it was carrying on the ground.
Speaker 3: Y'all saw it.
Speaker 5: Y'all saw it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Look, look, look where my engineer at. I hope you got has it it sounds? Can you get back that ass up?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 4: Come on, Jesus, that's that's it.
Speaker 2: I want to see weird.
Speaker 1: If anybody, if these women in here, look at them, look at them.
Speaker 3: They are disappointed.
Speaker 2: They're looking like Norri. We don't want to disappoint our husbands.
Speaker 1: They already having no woman, can they get they.
Speaker 5: That's baby making music.
Speaker 1: Let's say that's the greatest love Listen. No woman can act normal when back then? Ass come on, but hold the whole look at them, look at them.
Speaker 4: Don't do it the original version. You have that original vision as well? Like is that does that exist somewhere?
Speaker 2: No, because because it was that real with it.
Speaker 3: No, we just would do that ship.
Speaker 2: Get rid of that ship. Let's go.
Speaker 1: If I did a beat that I felt like it was, it was whack, I would be like, get rid of that ship.
Speaker 2: Y'all can't y'all can't hear because I would have heard that original version.
Speaker 5: We was using two inches.
Speaker 4: So let me find out a hardcore version of there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of ship that a lot of folks don't know, you know, like our city, the heritage is so crazy. My dad was a street dj. My dad knows Julie as to Nook.
Speaker 2: That's that's your original name. Wise, that's that's his nickname.
Speaker 1: All the black Okay, So he was DJing, I mean he was doing ship like block parties. When my dad was djaying with your dad. Yeah, working on ship that you know, just working on his craft. Then this ship just evolved to some other ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it's just not the same.
Speaker 2: It's not it.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna it's not it's not gonna transcend.
Speaker 2: Right, and how relax, buddy, fall back? Yeah, because because I want to hear that real back the ass time?
Speaker 1: Right, clar Hey, can somebody give me some ice? I came to drink too.
Speaker 2: He got any dog? Can you have another?
Speaker 5: Dy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I want to shame right, Yeah, absolutely, I need.
Speaker 5: To drink something. I won't say I got another gift.
Speaker 2: Let me get some juwvy juice. Damn this nigga, I threw it.
Speaker 3: That's a hit different damn bro.
Speaker 2: Yes, yo, do you remember that to be a jewy juice?
Speaker 3: Because you ain't drinking that ship I'm drinking. Give me give me that ship.
Speaker 5: Man, all right, I'm about to hit my dog in the head. Yeah, I'm trying to get yourself.
Speaker 2: What what what is?
Speaker 5: Turn it over? No, you gotta upside down.
Speaker 2: It's different the other way, the other way, man.
Speaker 1: You gotta upside down, man, other upside down.
Speaker 5: I see you smoking, man. I brought to some of my smoke.
Speaker 2: That's what's it called?
Speaker 5: One hundred.
Speaker 2: Makes a noise?
Speaker 5: Hey, growing in the babe.
Speaker 2: So let me ask y'all. BG just came home, yes.
Speaker 3: Sir, Yeah, welcome, Welcome to BG.
Speaker 1: It's rumors, Yeah, it's rumors that it's a BG cash Money tour.
Speaker 5: M h.
Speaker 2: It's juvenile Manny fresh on this tour. Hell yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can't do it without us.
Speaker 2: Ship happened without it?
Speaker 5: Is that me and Manny already on to it right now? Pretty much?
Speaker 4: Now y'all been on the run, like I see NPR.
Speaker 2: Y'all just going in.
Speaker 5: We so.
Speaker 1: Listen, no fucking anywhere they got that bulet that gwop me and this nigga getting it.
Speaker 2: This is my partner crime maint rhyme.
Speaker 5: We're getting it.
Speaker 1: You're so so let me ask y'all like to be one hundred with y'all.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: As a fan, cash money has been known to like get the most money in the world.
Speaker 2: Just been just represse of people saying, you know, what is this? This, this and that.
Speaker 6: You YouTube brothers seem to be happy as how Yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: What is what is your take on that?
Speaker 5: We grew up?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: We understand that as black men or any man, fuck it, black white with all of that. You know, I know dude made some mistakes and it took him some time to figure that shit out. That he made some mistakes. But we also grew up because his kids growing up with my kids and everybody else kids growing up with everybody else kids.
Speaker 2: So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We could sit around and we could be angry and talk about fuck area, and we could get money.
Speaker 5: I talked to him all the time. Man, we found man with me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So we are not the flue who hate each other. We have figured that shit out. We get money.
Speaker 5: Hey, look, if you know anything about you, if you know anything about me and my character, you know it's family first with me. And you know I treat everybody else like fam and I look at them the same way. So it's nothing. Nothing that went on in the past effects my feelings right now.
Speaker 3: Is love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love, it's all what's different about us, you know, as a group that you know the world never got to see all our mamas and daddies.
Speaker 5: Know each other.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, We second generation people. Our parents was counting on us to get out the hood. They was counting on us to do some great ship because they like nigga, we tired of this shit. Y'all better get out there sing and fucking do something.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: So now here tell you you know me, you know me being a philanthropist, being a business man, My focus is all about generational wealth bo helping out the youth, bringing them to making sure they don't make the same mistakes weeping right, That's why I'm at with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think we have to say, like, and I'm not making excuses for people doing anything foul, but people was young, making a lot of money, you know what they was doing, consulted by people.
Speaker 2: That didn't have their best interest.
Speaker 1: Hard And I'm not gonna say this works for everybody. But forgiveness, Yeah, you have to giveness. You gotta move plastic a lot of these young crews. I'm not saying you you have to, even if you don't fuck with that person no more, forgive them. It's the only way you're gonna get where you need to go.
Speaker 5: Being able to live enough to learn to forgive after that really sunk down in your heart. I think that means a lot that that moves mountains.
Speaker 4: So let me ask y'all something though, how did how did you jewy?
Speaker 3: Specifically?
Speaker 4: And then Manny when it comes to the production, because in New Orleans the bounce just like in Miami where I'm from the base, How y'all, how did you come into.
Speaker 3: The lyrical side of the Jewy?
Speaker 4: Because I'm gonna just tell you from my point of view, you're one of the most lyrical artists as far as I'm concerned. You're You're in the top tier lyric system, right, how did you get there?
Speaker 5: I love hip hop? I love hip hop, but.
Speaker 2: How did it go from bounce to what you got? Where y'all got.
Speaker 5: Well before it got the buck. I kind of like used used being in the club and doing bounce music as my stepping stone to get to doing what I really want to do, to be honest, But it always have been you know LLL Cool J Cool Mods, you know the Furious Five. You know I used to I used to be a Meley Male fan back in the day, So you know what I'm saying. I like ice Cube, I like uh scarf face and my listens long man when it comes down. I listened to everybody d O C and the listens on I was one of them cats.
Speaker 2: Gig exactly bro live.
Speaker 3: You just want to perpetuate that listen.
Speaker 5: I lived across the street. I lived in a project. I lived across the street from the record store, so I got the opportunity to hear everything and see you. So, you know, when all this came in town and it came to the hood, I got a chance to see a lot of them. So I grew up just feeling like I liked everybody. I would really stuck on one thing. You know. They used to say, tupac up big, and I'm like, why not both?
Speaker 2: I gotta juice make no noise for that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I always been like that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I like music. I like when if I hit us a hit from my philosophy call rest went BDP. That was our lung when I first started, I had to we had to write all the lyrics down, and I'm me and all my homies we recited. That was the thing in the beginning.
Speaker 4: And you made like, how did you transcend from Bounce to what the production?
Speaker 3: How did your production involve from Bounce?
Speaker 1: One of the cool things about New Orleans was we played everything as small as the city is. East Coast, West Coast Records, all of that, like Julie's telling you all that story. But the one thing, you know, I guess he didn't say was every fucking thing played in New Orleans, East Coast, West Coast, Miami Base.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 1: We played all of that shit, and we just took bits and pieces from it and made gumbo.
Speaker 10: You heard me, It's just my favorite dish.
Speaker 2: You gotta get the flowers, man, We got the flower.
Speaker 3: Gotta give them they flowers.
Speaker 2: The flowers, whore they flowers at man.
Speaker 3: Come on giving speech, my brother, give me.
Speaker 6: Flowers that listen our show about giving brother they flowers? Ye live, yes, and we want This is all y'all flowers.
Speaker 1: This is y'all live where y'all sitting there and Snoop Dogg said, thank y'all, this is better than the Grammy.
Speaker 6: Snoop Dogg said, it's better than the Grammy because it's coming.
Speaker 2: From y'all people. You gotta believe it. Y'all changed the game.
Speaker 6: What y'all did to the game, y'all came in pause.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why did you pause on that one?
Speaker 2: Because I love I don't understand the pause.
Speaker 6: That's what and his his his his show, So I gotta got the possem that one expected.
Speaker 3: Get it and get it.
Speaker 1: But what Norrid telling y'all like when we first kind of got on, he was one of the first brothers that embraced us. He was just like from your yeah, from embrace, here's a motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm gonna tell you, hey, inviting me down. That only invited me down, put me on song winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, pid that bag and everything took me to the rack. You know what I'm saying. You know they was calling it Iraq. You know what I'm saying. Took me to the rack and everything showed me man long man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: From day one, Yeah, from day one, this brother embraced us.
Speaker 2: When when when the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the world was like, I don't know what the fun they knew it. Nor It's like, I know what the fun? That's my bro, you fuck out. I didn't want to stay it. I didn't want to stay it.
Speaker 4: Cash money to the world, Hold up, buddy, not to the world.
Speaker 3: You w w ship right now, I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: Let me tell y'all a crazy ass story. So you remember, we done the tunnel, right, So we done the tunnel right.
Speaker 3: And the exit was like the tunnel in New York.
Speaker 2: Yea, the tunnel of New York was fucking notorious.
Speaker 4: We gotta tell you, I don't even know that ship.
Speaker 2: It was New York, Bigga.
Speaker 1: After New York, Ya, niggas ain't gonna make it tonight if.
Speaker 2: You get out of here as an accident. Niggas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had one song, nigga, What nigga got me?
Speaker 4: Damn yo yo, y'all spending the tunnel was benaea, but the fact that we was in New York that was enough for us.
Speaker 1: We was just like we fucking and there. Y'all was already happy about We was like, we see, bro, I'm trying to tell you this about the you don't listen, Bro, You don't fucking listen at the time.
Speaker 3: You don't want listen.
Speaker 2: Man, right, you're right, but not right. Sorry, it's internal beef.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think the first song we opened up with was huh and the fucking crowd went crazy.
Speaker 2: Nigga, we could have cried on stage because you didn't believe that.
Speaker 1: We didn't believe like York was showing so much money, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We sung one I think one or two more songs, but we had to sing high like full more time.
Speaker 4: So this is before you had jay Z all the remix rights before and I was gay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he jumped on the remix. That was, but it was one of them things where you're sitting inside they say jay Z on the remix. I'm like, yeah, I'm trying to be cool in front of every ship.
Speaker 1: Another crazy, crazy fucking story. Right, So Jove of hip hop head, he know everything. He knows fucking k rs jay Z, like he said, but baby and them just cash money. They just been day motherfuck No, listen to what I'm saying. They don't give a fuck about nothing outside of our city list.
Speaker 2: He really didn't know who jay Z was.
Speaker 1: He did not understand, you know, so we going, jay Z just jumped on this motherfucking read.
Speaker 2: Only gag us on the cash like, man, I don't know none of that ship. It was like, dog, this is it right, damn it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But did you know, Manny, when when jay jumped on the joy what did you think that meant?
Speaker 1: I knew that ship was like a whole nother fucking world. Like you know what I'm saying, because It wasn't like it was just fucking so generic, like he just sent that bitch back. We didn't ask him to do it or none of that. Oh you didn't know he We didn't even know he did it, almost like a surprise. Yeah, but what was it a freestyle or did he send it to y'all before it came out? Nah, he sent that ship to you universal like this ship needs to happen. They sent it to us, and it was just like, wait, jay Z.
Speaker 3: Jumped on this. That's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hold on, hold on because every he just said, baby didn't know.
Speaker 2: But when you heard that jay Z jumped.
Speaker 3: What did you?
Speaker 5: I went back to the Hey, bro, jay o my ship. I gotta get my ship together now. He wanted to read you your verse and that niggas a lyricist. I gotta get my niggasna. Nigga's gonna be own me now, bro, I tell him all that it was funny as Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait sure you don't you you don't know what your record is doing across the world.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know how they're taking me to New York. I don't I know. I did I know they like, uh, the higher record, but.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't how big it is, how big. I'm gonna just be honest.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who you were right at the time, but I went to Angie Martinez.
Speaker 2: Show at that time. Yes, please pull me a shot. We're doing this, y'all.
Speaker 3: We're taking shots.
Speaker 2: Just so you know. This is before. And I paid y'all niggas.
Speaker 3: Yes you have for the record that I got with y'all.
Speaker 2: I paid every one of y'all niggas. You paid, and Lou Wayne was the first.
Speaker 1: You didn't pay the record label Paige relaxed, buddy, that's me, that's my paid.
Speaker 2: That nigga always showed up for everything. We don't know he was there. And let me just be honest, be honest with y'all. Y'all niggas the only niggas I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Or the pizza what.
Speaker 9: Pork with pork is that the niggas had sausage with sausage.
Speaker 1: I never saw that and on pizza, like on the pizza like you just pepperoni and that's it.
Speaker 2: I have pepperoni sausage, Yeah I had. I was the amount of talk I wasn't eating that, the amount of bullshit we have sorry cheers, Sorry, but cheer y'all. But I knew, I knew.
Speaker 3: Jumie Juice, jo.
Speaker 4: Jun Jews off the chain, Julie Juice under change, but I knew. But I'm gonna be honest, be honest. Please, No, I needed, I need that. I need to ask this questions because.
Speaker 2: That record was ringing only in down South.
Speaker 3: Which record you're talking about though, huh okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was only bringing the underground down South?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but me, I was in underground down South because it was I had the super Dog Records.
Speaker 3: What what what? And that ran to us downside.
Speaker 2: I ran right down I knew, I know what it was.
Speaker 6: But what happened was I had to an unofficial version of the record of huh.
Speaker 2: I didnofficial. It never reached them.
Speaker 5: It didn't reach.
Speaker 2: I tried to do the remix first version. It didn't work out for me. You're coming at me, just leave it alone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll play the record reached this record, but I was like Skull Douggle, he was standing.
Speaker 2: Penal g. I was trying to get to them. It didn't work out. Just leave me alone. It didn't work out. But when jay Z calls and says, I want to be a part of this record.
Speaker 3: We ain't call them. He just sends it into here's his son.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, all right, So what do you think. I get to the office and they play it to me. I got one respine because I'm I'm a jay Z fan. Already they not you.
Speaker 3: Are you the only one in the corner up on Jay?
Speaker 5: I'm on him already.
Speaker 3: Nobody else believes they don't see your vision.
Speaker 2: I knew from a DJ, and he said that's cool.
Speaker 5: Because he said that's cool.
Speaker 2: I knew from a D.
Speaker 1: He was the only hip hop head because the rules in cash money was cash money.
Speaker 3: That's the rule.
Speaker 2: The rule is cash money. Yeah, money you got to think about for fucking eons.
Speaker 1: We never had no motherfucking outside people that did anything, you know, Like, we didn't have no features from nobody, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Self sufficient?
Speaker 1: Yeah, b b Yeah, but Bun was ship his officially cash money.
Speaker 2: Bun was in the group.
Speaker 1: Bun b is officially Drew Berger's is a part of y'all. Yeah, yeah, Buns ship fuck it.
Speaker 3: Bun is.
Speaker 2: Juice tat this jewvy juice to this this Jewy juice holy ship. Yeah, I gotta finish it.
Speaker 3: Man, a little different, man, that's I like it.
Speaker 1: Look at y'all, everybody looking like that's ship Jewie like that is that's from New Orleans.
Speaker 2: You need to take a shot of that old rip.
Speaker 3: We I'm from New Orleans, bro from Hell of Sleep.
Speaker 5: That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well man, rip rip.
Speaker 3: Van wake hell Listen, that ship is not from New Orleans. Don't listen to this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kentucky. Yeah, one M talking about the Rio.
Speaker 1: Was this fucker that slept for twenty years and sh the history.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, let's get back to jay Z beyond the record, all right, so y'all get jay Z on the record. He's saying universal jew be sees the vision. The rest of cash Mic doesn't really see the vision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, Slim all right, Slim new So do you see it or not? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I'm a DJ, I know who I know who all of these people are. But what I'm saying was Juvie was our closest reality to real songs and everything else that was going on.
Speaker 3: Everything happening outside of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, or but none of them listened to anything else.
Speaker 2: He knew KRS one.
Speaker 1: He knew I could tell by songs that Juvie brung over that I was like, this dude is a hip hop fan.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I could tell by his cadence and shit that he was doing everybody else grew up in New Orleans. The rule was don't leave New Orleans. And it was a beautiful thing. No, No, it was just a mentality there. You gotta think, like fucking Hurricane Katrina. What made us fucking crazy ass beast was we never been at our neighborhood.
Speaker 2: We never been off a street. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you in New Orleans, you shop in your neighborhood, the grocery store in your neighborhood, the station in your neighborhoo, all of that. So to go somewhere else in the world, you just like, what the fuck is going on in the world? You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: A lot of people left New Orleans and never came back because of that.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you.
Speaker 4: So the record comes out, it's the remix jay Z's on the record, How does that change everything?
Speaker 1: It really didn't change everything. It's just solidified to us that we are on our way.
Speaker 5: Truthfully, truthfully, be honest. It helped jay Z a lot too in the South.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I believe that.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 5: Because he wasn't They wasn't listening to him, We wasn't listening. I'm gonna be honest, I was listening to him, but a lot of people.
Speaker 3: And showed that he was in tune with the South at a point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it also also differentiated because it was like, who is the two people from the South?
Speaker 2: Is it master p, is it no Limit?
Speaker 3: Or is it so you're thinking jay Z sign cash?
Speaker 5: You're right. Yeah, for a long time, for a long time, especially from the beginning for us, that's what we always was up against. And we really didn't want that, you know, we wanted to make our own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we grew up with everybody that was on no.
Speaker 5: Limb because I used to go out with a lot half the people on limit.
Speaker 2: There was no beef. Really, that was no beef. It turned into that, but there was no beef.
Speaker 1: We grew up with all of these dudes either DJ'd in the club with you, shook hands with you.
Speaker 2: You just picked the side. You went that way, you know, or I went this way.
Speaker 3: And it's like the two record labels that were just went that way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But we but like he said, literally we so small. We all grew up together.
Speaker 5: It was little things that rubbed us, rubbed us both the wrong way on both sides, you know. But it was up to us to entertain it or not. You know, people fan base. It's kind of like we was pitted against each other, you know, and the fans wanted to see us go against each other.
Speaker 1: And now early on our blueprint, our blueprint, suave House, rap a Lot.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We grew up.
Speaker 1: Watch Draper and we watch fucking rap a Lot do some incredible things, you know what I'm saying. And it's still strive like you know that family This is what y'all need to do. Y'all gotta be a family house to make this one.
Speaker 3: And cash Money took it to the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was all love though, man, fun doing it and if you actually I probably wouldn't do it no other different way because it gets me to be right here.
Speaker 2: Fuck it, Yeah, y'all. Yeah, quick time, Slim, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: You got a quick time, and Slim, we got a quick time.
Speaker 4: With slime.
Speaker 2: Real correct, we're doing a quick time of slim. Give it to what slim?
Speaker 3: Are you all ready?
Speaker 2: Get ready? I guess we got a quick time of slime?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Now we got the rules, y'all know the rules about quick time of slime? What's the rules? Well, give you two choices.
Speaker 3: You pick one, be good? Yeah if you say both or neither?
Speaker 2: We drinking.
Speaker 4: All of us are drinking, damn, oh man, and the whole audience is drinking.
Speaker 3: Look on, look on the your feet. You got a shot? No, I can't, and I would be that would be the als quick time with slime. Ever, she all get fucked though.
Speaker 5: They don't have nothing to drink. But this is this is a scam.
Speaker 2: Can I still get some ice? I just want some ice?
Speaker 3: I gotta take them humongous?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I drink you ready? Yeah, let's got a case on the way though.
Speaker 4: All right, So we're gonna let you either or could answer this jay Z or NOAs.
Speaker 3: Listen when you guys can't answer for that, okay for me?
Speaker 4: Well how about you know I'm making it easier Juvie jay Z or NOAs jay Z?
Speaker 3: All right, manny Jay, all right, I'm gonna switch it up on you.
Speaker 2: Oh you shut up on me?
Speaker 1: What's my what's my course on scarfacer cube face?
Speaker 3: Dang you good a Juvie who wrote this ship?
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm gonna have to fight motherfuckers after you see your.
Speaker 3: Kevin Kates ousy Hey, yeah, man Wade or drinke Way.
Speaker 2: Young Wayne and your brain.
Speaker 4: Listen, we don't write this ship. It's these fucking idiots back here. So we're production crew. Julia, are you ready? Let's go out castle u g K damn damn son. You wear your cap you can say both that we're drinking. Booth, got your drink under your chair?
Speaker 1: Hey man, both, fuck that was tough going doll alright manny.
Speaker 5: N b A what.
Speaker 3: Alright, let's let's le let's young Charlie had the same as eight ball or three six months.
Speaker 8: M j G.
Speaker 2: Both. That's Memphis at their best.
Speaker 3: Man, we're drinking on that all.
Speaker 2: Let's drink. We all gotta drink. We all got drinks.
Speaker 3: Charlie. Fuck you bro, Hi Juvie n b A young boy or Kodak.
Speaker 11: Yeah, both cheers to the youngins my buddies man, both, damn I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: Get the yeah, y'all won't give me no ice? All right?
Speaker 3: Man? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Organized noise or beats by the pound?
Speaker 2: Damn it gets about a pound.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? You stay? You stay in New Orleans? Man, I got home team.
Speaker 2: When I get home, I gotta fight them niggas.
Speaker 5: I thought I was.
Speaker 2: I love both of them, alright, I still live in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 5: Julie, what's up? Baby?
Speaker 3: And Slim?
Speaker 2: Damn shot? They shot?
Speaker 5: They go together?
Speaker 2: Shot?
Speaker 3: We got fucked up?
Speaker 2: Man shot?
Speaker 3: I don't like these dreams?
Speaker 2: Who wrote these questions? What the fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We got some weird people.
Speaker 1: I'm not they give me slice broro, thank you, sir.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I don't want to. I'm I'm young.
Speaker 2: Too late, it's too late.
Speaker 5: Ju that's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: He want to fall in.
Speaker 3: Many they got, they got, they gotta performed tonight.
Speaker 2: Guys. Let him, let him let drinking whiskey, bro Let's go love Juvie.
Speaker 3: Alright, many for you b g or turk.
Speaker 2: Both come on, man, we drinking both. Let's drink drink both. That's not matter at.
Speaker 3: It this man, I gotta drink.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck, all right, Juvie, you ready, let's Jesus loves me.
Speaker 3: Y'all like the game? All right? Cool, Juvie, what's up bad boy of death Row.
Speaker 2: Damn damn that role?
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 5: I like Biggie so booth. I was drinking the game.
Speaker 2: Nothing alright.
Speaker 5: That's like saying two biggie.
Speaker 3: That's the same truth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, I told you I like them both for a minute.
Speaker 4: All right, man, he is on you now, Okay, okay, this this this is my three or five family right here.
Speaker 3: So trick Daddy or j T Money poison Clan damn trick Trick t.
Speaker 2: Who know? But that that's that's JT.
Speaker 3: Money you're saying right now.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying right now, I'm making everybody happy.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, you be you ready?
Speaker 2: JEZU or T I.
Speaker 5: Say it again, Jesus g z O T I C I that's my dog T I.
Speaker 2: I don't like this one.
Speaker 3: Guys. This is our family that passed away. Bro, so rest in peace. This for you, Manny Gangsta Bull or Mex Damn Bro.
Speaker 2: Both they deserve that both.
Speaker 3: Who Yeah, all right, Julie, what's up jay Z or rock him.
Speaker 5: Jay z Man jay Z Okay, thinking of a master plan.
Speaker 2: But let's ask you.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: That was like a uh, like that's crazy. Nor is like what the fuck just happened right that?
Speaker 1: No, I'm being honest, like, you know, you're a new artist and this is the number one artist from New York City.
Speaker 2: How does this phone call happen? Who calls you?
Speaker 3: Who? J Jason? No?
Speaker 2: No, who calls you from your camp?
Speaker 3: Jay Z didn't call him?
Speaker 2: Though, I'm asking.
Speaker 5: They said again, I didn't.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Bro, I'm a new.
Speaker 1: Artist, y'all know, Nord saying ship y'all gotta figure it out.
Speaker 3: Give I gotta do Dad.
Speaker 4: Even do what I'm saying, j I mean, Jazy got different stories on this.
Speaker 5: I'm asking they. I don't know who called who. I don't even know how to order win.
Speaker 2: It just happened, Bro. They just said he sent the verse.
Speaker 5: They said that they played it to me. I don't know. I don't know if it was somebody and a something talking to him. You know, they's they told us the story one way. They said he did it. He shaped it to us.
Speaker 1: I was asked if I had an instrumental to hunt and I was like, yeah, I didn't know who the fuck it was going to.
Speaker 3: Oh, they asked you for instrument Yeah, you the league, so.
Speaker 2: Instrument y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I said, I didn't know who the instrumental was going to. I just thought the record label needed an instrumental.
Speaker 2: So I yeah, I did not know. Yeah, yeah listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he knew it was going fresh like Manny beech chain and freeze. You know what I'm saying, We're fucking you're a blessing.
Speaker 3: You're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, he knew it was going.
Speaker 1: To yeah, somewhat some and what I had an idea, but I'm like, damn, he sent that bitch back.
Speaker 2: That's bad ass.
Speaker 3: We had a classic record out of it. Hey, no, he's just happier than in the world.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not happy, you know. After let me ask you something when what what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: When that ship took off, y'all niggas is in the desert dancing and all kinds of ship. And when that ship took off, how did you find stand up and do that dance? Just because I was kidding?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: What? What?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: That was that was y'all ship and that was for real ship. That was the big hold on hold just let me just say something.
Speaker 1: When cash Money was lit and they had the best ship in the world. There's no one in the world that could ever fuck with cash Money. Everybody stand up and makes a noise. Fucking cash Money.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all.
Speaker 10: Juve now, and motherfucking many fucking up. We love these motherfuckers here. They tried to put it on me, but.
Speaker 2: It ain't got nothing like own.
Speaker 6: You know what they got to do with? Yeah, you motherfuckers. You motherfuckers changed the game.
Speaker 3: Change the motherfucking game.
Speaker 2: They changed the motherfucking game. Hold on, but New Face. You here, broyeah, it's New Face.
Speaker 3: Let's go New Face Face shows were about to add this.
Speaker 2: Right now, right show the show happened to New Face albums. New Face, you got the albums? Yeah, you ain't got the albums. Come on, show them the albums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're about to wrap it right now.
Speaker 1: Show them the album Look, that's my bro rights.
Speaker 4: One hundred degree Face got the classic We got your classic albums.
Speaker 3: Take something noise for New Face, please show man New Face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you let me tell y'all.
Speaker 3: Without hip hop and historians like New Face, we lose our history.
Speaker 1: New Face, you got the black tang and Swiss armor.
Speaker 2: All right, you got the class. Give him a mic. Goddamn look look at this man. Yeah, what is that like? Man?
Speaker 5: He already have the autoicor have on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That brother everywhere, that brother everywhere.
Speaker 1: We want to say, say from New York, what you know about this down that's too good about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah him?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, brother, yeah Yo. Let me just tell you something. We're here with motherfucking many fresh.
Speaker 1: Give him a second shoall the time and juvenile.
Speaker 2: We let him know.
Speaker 1: What we want to say is we love you, motherfuckers, and we love you mother and we love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, thank you motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: But this is like, like you know, this is a pre We're gonna do this to get in Miami.
Speaker 3: Were gon four hours of debauchery?
Speaker 2: Fucking right, we are, But we love y'all.
Speaker 3: Come on, make love y'all.
Speaker 5: Make something.
Speaker 8: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production and association with Interval Presents hosts and executive producers n O. R E and dj e FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 3: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 8: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Norrie Goon, ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e FN on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm