Speaker 1: They Around the NFL podcast rated fifty five point five Pine pfn Dow.
Speaker 2: From the Chris Westling podcast studio. It's Around the NFL. I am Dan hans Us. Here are heroes, Greg Rosenthal, Mark Sessler.
Speaker 1: Week seven.
Speaker 2: And you know, we've been doing this for a long time, so there are times where we could be cynical old bastards and complain about the games and the week that was.
Speaker 1: Never this is not one of those weeks. Fun.
Speaker 2: This was a fun, fun week of football and just goes to show you when you looked at the slate heading into Sunday, it was a little meh, and yet we got a bunch of quirkers on Sunday, a lot of games going down to the wire, gregy and ahead of a hopefully when we close the show out another scorcher between the Dolphins and Eagles.
Speaker 1: And I probably just jinxed that, but so far, so great.
Speaker 3: Never a jinx. It was alive in the newsroom today.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 3: I've in the Chris Westling podcast studio before we tape with some hot button media talk that we'll have to save for the off season Media Legacy pod.
Speaker 4: We definitely trend in our pre show conversations to things that couldn't be put out there in the public space, which is fine. I don't agree with Jason Sumwaltz's concept that we graded fifty five percent from PFF.
Speaker 5: That's basically like the most of the New York Giants defensive line.
Speaker 1: That's not good. That's troubling. That's a tough one. Are we that leaky? That's a bad number.
Speaker 2: But the thing is we have what about eleven weeks to figure it out or whatever?
Speaker 1: All right, so how do we want to do this today? I think what we should do is.
Speaker 2: Even though the benchmark or kind of the hallmarker this week is all these great games that went down to the wire, let's start with one that was not close, one that was decided by the end of the first quarter. Because what it potentially means in our league to Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Want second in goal halftime, slings it back of the en.
Speaker 6: Zo, touchdown Ravens mark Andrews and the back of the Enzo and the Ravens are back on the scoreboard.
Speaker 7: His old reliable throws it out there form and lets him go get it one of the most surehanded tight ends that I ever seen, and look like it's a party, and Detroit wasn't invited.
Speaker 2: It was one of the most surprising blowouts of the twenty twenty three season. The Ravens scored four touchdowns before the Lions even had a first down.
Speaker 1: It was a stunning stomping.
Speaker 2: By the home team over a fellow division leader, thirty eight to six in favor of the Ravens at M and T Banks Stadium. Lamar Jackson threw for three point fifty seven to three touchdowns ran for another nearly perfect passer rating Greggy. The Ravens, you know they're one of your eight or so favorite teams, and so you must be over the moon right now unless it clashes with the Lions, which I also believe is in your top eight. If this was a MySpace situation, will take us through where that after.
Speaker 3: Watching, I told you guys this game was coming, that this Ravens team was a Super Bowl contender all week, that they've got the bones of a team that can be great. Not saying they've sown it all. You did say that, but the underlying elements were all there today. This was a crazy game for them to have sixteen first downs before the Lions had any, but have three hundred and twenty five yards to when the Lions had thirteen At that point, I think the Lions had only run like thirteen plays or something, So you can't repeat this sort of performance. But seeing Lamar Jackson back there with a ton of time, his offensive line winning big time against this Detroit defensive line, and then when they did get some pressure on him, him making magic like he does was really outstanding to see. Because Odell Beckham was getting open. I know he only ended up with five or forty nine, he looked like he had a little more juice. John Harbust said to the broadcasters during the week that he looked more like himself.
Speaker 1: Thought that was good.
Speaker 3: Like Zay Flowers opened down the field, Andrews looked as healthy and with as much juice as he's had all season. And you just see an offense that to me has a really high ceiling, paired with, oh, by the way, a defense who's been really injured and yet ranks in the top four in basically every DVOA category. And it all came together today. I think it's easy to forget that this is a new offense.
Speaker 4: That it's like it's a completely different approach under Todd Monkin and that you wanted to arrive right away, and they've been They've been a frustrating watch on that side of the ball, but like today, they hadn't crossed two hundred and thirty seven yards passing all year, and it looked like it today an explosion. I think it's super encouraging because it came against a super quality team that's really well coached on both sides of the ball. And I would also give credit to Mike McDonald, who you mentioned on Thursday show that you know, Harball went out and got him as his defensive coordinator at post wing Martin and a lot.
Speaker 5: Of this was what they did to Detroit's offense too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I don't know if there's any defense in the league that is better at disguising their looks before the snap and then getting free rushers to quarterbacks and then be there confused, you know, and holding the ball or them just not knowing which guy is gonna come free. Because it's not like other than Clowny, anyone on the front has really been playing that well this year, like in their one on one matchups, but they really cause havoc and that's a recipe for Jared Goff to struggle, and I don't think he had like a disastrous game. It was just twenty eight nothing, you know, once four drives were over and they called enough, really good defensive place to scramble, a good offensive coordinator and a good coach in Goff and Ben Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the what.
Speaker 2: You were saying kind of heading into this week, that you saw them as a absolute Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 1: The reason I pushed back against.
Speaker 2: It is because this doesn't totally stun me in the sense that you know, when everything clicking with this team that they can be special. But they've also blown two games horrendously. We were at London last week. They're just kind of like, yes, just kind of finding a way get to get by a bad Titans team that lost their quarterback. So there's this like weird DNA in this team that makes me struggle with trusting them. But this isn't the week to talk about that, because when you welcome in a Lions team that was playing as well as any team in football and absolutely pants them, you have to be feeling very good about yourselves. Now, Dan Campbell's the head coach of the Lions, it's always good to hear from Dan, especially after some type of seismic happening around his team.
Speaker 1: This is a negative one. Let's see what the coach had to say.
Speaker 8: So those guys, they played well, they kicked their ass and it's a credit to them. Lamar beat us. He hammered us with his arm. You know, he threw the ball extremely well, he ran when he needed to, and we did not handle it well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Lamar here's a stat over seven two percent completion percentage in every start but won this year, which is again Greg kind of points to. He's been as good as we've seen him, probably since his MVP season, and yet the offense has been enigmatic at times.
Speaker 1: And he's been part of that with some turnover and he's.
Speaker 2: Had moments that have helped seal losses and things of that nature. But he's playing at a high level and they if they can get on a run here, look out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you look at what they do on offense, and they get guys open for Todd Munkin. Yet the running game was effective enough, you know, Gus Edwards is fourteen for sixty four.
Speaker 1: Justice Hill had had a couple.
Speaker 3: Of nice runs in there, and Lamar scrambles, and you just think you can win games in different types of ways because Rokwan Smith I just keep hammering every game.
Speaker 1: He's a force multiplier.
Speaker 3: That was ended up being such a great trade because he makes everyone around him better. He broke up a couple passes in the red zone that were key today. He just is flying all over the field and you can tell he makes his teammates better. I'm not worried about the lines, partly because of the schedule. They play one team with a winning record the rest of the season. It's the Cowboys in Week seven.
Speaker 2: But will worry you in the sense that yes, and they beat their previous four opponents by at least fourteen points each, so they they were kicking ass themselves. But it then it doesn't plant that seed of doubt when they get to January football, which I believe that they will. I mean, are they going to be maybe a paper division champion when you see something like this. I'm not going that far. I'm just saying, yeah, I don't see them. As you go your you got stomped here they did.
Speaker 4: And also they're a team on a journey like the Ravens have been in these battles in these wars and have been dealing with, you know, playoff type seasons for years on end.
Speaker 5: Detroit's in a new place, They're coaches in a new place.
Speaker 4: They are all of them, and I like, I know we I don't want to just hand out Mulligan's left and right, but I'm willing just to let the Lions sit with this and see where they go because the larger sample size of what they've been all season are things that you can rely on. There are both of their lines, Like I just I kind of feel like Detroit will learn from this versus going to a dark skid.
Speaker 3: I have a question about their defensive line though. They've beaten up on some bad offensive lines this year and they got crushed today. And some Lions fans are a little on this too. So it's like no pass rush plus a lot of injuries at cornerback. They had a couple injuries going into this game.
Speaker 1: At cornerback.
Speaker 3: They had another one during the game, so that was part of it. No pass rush plus bad cornerbacks, you get fried.
Speaker 1: All right. That's how we start with a bud weapon. Now let's move.
Speaker 9: Before we move on, Dan, you tell me to get in your ear and your mind. You about a tweet you wanted to fly oh from the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah an X, then thank you, Eric Roberts, fly up the tweet. Mark yes, Bud? Oh, jeez, Bud. What we got to get out of this thing where.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you went a second?
Speaker 2: How you got like farmed into this for NFL dot com. You're doing these picks every week and here it is the tweet from the Ravens. You're sure about that week seven expert picks and you are one of six, fifth, twelve what is it, twelve NFL media employees that all picked the lines to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this isn't like you. I've mind. I got pulled into what I already had promised to you guys. That my new strategy with these picks. So what happened, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well wait a second, I call it. I'm throwing the flag on the Ravens. This is a new level of chicanery from the social media department. They went and just looked around at various organizations of who got it right and who got it wrong. So, for instance, they find five NFL network people that got it wrong.
Speaker 1: But that means five got it right.
Speaker 3: It was like a pick them game because I was like half the people picked the Ravens for sure. They were favored in this game, and so they just picked and choose different people from different places and put it all up there. Yes see, I actually did pick throw the flag.
Speaker 4: But again it's but to your point, Yeah, this exercise, to your point, I only hear about my uh, you know, my toils in this when I am felt.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, we got Jeremiah and shook on there, but then we also have Connor or Albert breer Brinson.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense. Greg doesn't like media houses being doesn't. Greg also wants to him to.
Speaker 2: There's the Ravens logan next to Greg, and then the brand is built a little strong.
Speaker 4: Greg called him a spall team that I did.
Speaker 1: I did pick them to win one of the few games I got right to.
Speaker 3: But you could literally do that with any game, any win all season.
Speaker 1: You can find someone that pick.
Speaker 2: Park and I offer a long time come help me out. Yeah. I was approached by the same individual for this assignment, which was optional.
Speaker 1: And you know what I said. I just say yes to things. I said pass.
Speaker 5: I just say yes to things. Oh can you come help me move?
Speaker 4: Like sure, throw out my whole f and Saturday just to go help someone move a bunch of furniture up and down a staircase when now not recent help me move?
Speaker 1: I know, but you are like not the person I would expect has been doing a lot of that.
Speaker 4: I didn't help do that recently for anyone. But I'm just saying that's the kind of thing I might be like cajoled.
Speaker 2: And you can't picture the sess dog taking a piano up five flights.
Speaker 3: I would potentially ask Mark just to hear the excuse he came up with to not do it.
Speaker 1: It would be created. It would I'd come up with some excuse. It would be very much a lie as well.
Speaker 2: But wait again, it's okay, okay, well yeah you could do this as well. You have to just tell him you can't do it. Tell him something came up with your daughter. My daughter, you're twenty four year olds. I'm very busy.
Speaker 4: Who is She needs a lot of help all the time connecting with her father. It's time to reconnect through all these years. And I said yes to the nifel. It's time to say yes to someone else.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's that easy, right, Eric, thank you. Let's get Let's get you know who on the line. All right, let's head to we got we got Mark Nyson lubed up now, so let's head talks and Browns football.
Speaker 10: Whatson and Harris Browns from the one. This is the game out of the eye. They need the touchdown hunt and Harris Walker gives the Kareem Hunt pushing, pushing touchdown.
Speaker 1: Durream hot got it across the goal line.
Speaker 11: He didn't wait for the official card. Are the cardiac kids back? Kareem getting it over the goal line? The huge touchdown on fourth down. You knew you could run it at that point. It didn't matter.
Speaker 1: That was the last play.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, bongo time.
Speaker 1: Wait two weeks in a row. Well, Jets got it last week as they did know, was it Cleveland? Cleveland got the bongos last.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Jet's got It's on in New York City right.
Speaker 1: Well it's I mean, this was a bongo worthy game. Yeah, And that.
Speaker 2: Was bongo worthy. Call from Andrews Ciciliano, our friend and colleague for w k r K. Andrew filling in for the great Andrew filling in for the great Jim Donovan.
Speaker 1: He pointed at Mark though.
Speaker 4: Andrew liarly sorry, Yes, are you know the wonderful Jim Donovan?
Speaker 1: Yes, cram Hunt just.
Speaker 2: Broke the fame of the goal line where the bongos keep it going?
Speaker 1: What'll we doing? We're shutting down the bongos.
Speaker 2: The band went away. If you're gonna play the bongos, you keep it playing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, song's not that long. We had a pause there for a second.
Speaker 3: We did have like a twenty five second Jim Donovan pause.
Speaker 1: Though that was not my fault. Spreem Hunt just broke the plane of the.
Speaker 2: Goal line in the final seconds in Indianapolis, the deciding score and one of the wildest back and forth affairs of the year. The Browns force the gardner means chew fumble on the ensuing drive, clinching a thirty nine thirty eight win over the Colts. Mark Uh, We'll get into the latest and the enduring Deshaun Watson injury sagin a bit, but let's start with the game.
Speaker 1: How did your Cleveland brown to pull this one off?
Speaker 4: If you look at the last two weeks, and maybe Andrew Siciliano is something of a lucky charm.
Speaker 1: Does he sound younger when he's making these calls. I think he feels young. I think he's Benjamin buttoning something.
Speaker 6: You love.
Speaker 5: They in the years off him, like, cause these are two games.
Speaker 2: Imagine the twenty four year olds of Siliano Yum spicy.
Speaker 1: That's what they say. That's what they've said.
Speaker 4: But like two weeks in a row, these are games that other versions of the Cleveland Browns, and they're a weird team, Like would have lost, just flat out lost. They would have found a way to lose last week to the Niners, and this there were so many opportunities for them to lose. And there's a lot of particulars to this game and how it went. And you've got, you know, three weeks in a row where Deshaun Watson is not readily available and winning was in there today for a little bit, very unattractive as a player, and like did not do a good job. But this was the game that I've waited for. Miles Garrett like has these moments of greatness and we see them. But it's like the one thing that I find a little different between him and if you go to Pittsburgh in certain times in Baltimore, but especially in Pittsburgh like TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt, where TJ.
Speaker 4: Watts sort of specialty, his magic power is like, oh, the offense isn't producing or are they're ups and downs like TJ Watts, Like it's the late in the fourth quarter, I'm gonna do something as a defensive player to completely change this game and add to what you think about TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt.
Speaker 4: And I always felt like Miles Garrett he has those moments, but they come in losses or they come in games where it's like his compiling stats where it's like it's not his fault, but he's not in a game changing moment. Today though, the first half of Miles Garrett, it was the greatest half I've ever seen him play in my life. Two incredibly important sacks, two force fumbles, and a play if you've not seen this because this typically gets flagged because players aren't able to do this physically. Miles Garrett and I'll tell you one time when they were playing the Charges in a number of years ago, I went downtown to downtown LA to meet with a young guy who was a Browns writer and I walked in the hotel and Miles Garrett walked by me, and it's like, Oh, this is literally a completely different type of human being than wherever I came from. I mean, he just looks like a completely different specimen and he's able to do things with his body.
Speaker 1: And today was one of the best examples I've seen of that.
Speaker 4: In a key moment where the Cults were lining up for a field goal that kept hanging around with the Browns, Miles Garrett just literally leaps over the offensive lineman, multiple offensive lineman and doesn't touch them so there's no penalty, and then just seamlessly waltz is in and blocks the pick.
Speaker 1: It reminded me.
Speaker 2: I tweeted about this, that xed about this, that Lawrence Taylor in the original Techmobile.
Speaker 1: Yes, he could do that too.
Speaker 2: You can always do a non tale extra pointer or a field goal against the Giants Techmo Bowl, because he had this other worldly ability to get to the kicker. Only Miles Garrett's a real person and he's doing this And as Greg you would say, and it's one of your favorite terms, and you've already used it once a forced multiplier.
Speaker 1: Wow, I do need to get away from that.
Speaker 3: But a couple of sacks on the game too, like like a pass defense, like he is everywhere, and he's everywhere on a day, and you could explain it to me where their defense, you know, has a lot of regrets that they give up four hundred and fifty six yards to the Minshew Colts. Now part of that is sixteen drives, but it was six point eight yards per play.
Speaker 1: How did that happen? Mark?
Speaker 4: I thought so, yes, it's the right time for that, because the Minschhew of last week with the fumble, the lost fumble and three interceptions where you're like, maybe the Minshew thing doesn't last for more than a couple weeks, totally effective on the ground today, I thought he played one of the better Minshew games I've seen. Jonathan Taylor, who we were waiting to show up, had a couple big moments today where you're like, wait a minute, the idea that Jonathan Taylor might not come back and be the same guy incorrect.
Speaker 1: He looks that way.
Speaker 4: And I think there were defensive breakdowns today for Cleveland, which.
Speaker 3: Is that's the way you beat the Shorts defense is you throw some bomps because they're going to be aggressive.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Deshaun Watson here, because it's fair to wonder you know how the injury is being handled, what the truth is behind the injury, and it got even murkier this week, so he was it looked like he was trending toward not playing this week. Then late in the week he practiced and then all of a sudden, he's on the field in this game, but not for long.
Speaker 1: He's struggling.
Speaker 2: He goes into the blue ten to be checked for a concussion, ruled not to have suffered a concussion by the independent neurologist, but then does not come back in the game and PJ Walker finishes it. Here is what Deshaun Watson had to say after his head coach Kevin Stefanski said they kept him out to protect himself.
Speaker 12: No, it was just a medical decision with the staff and everyone. That's that's you know, part of making a decision, and they felt like the decision was best to you know, let PJ go in and finish the game to make sure the team, you know, benefits the team.
Speaker 3: It's weird because the question was like, what was the decision. Did you think you could make your shoulder worse? And Stefanski had said, look, I made the decision. Watson says, it's a medical decision. It just and Stefanski also said Watson will play next week.
Speaker 1: So did he hurt his shoulder today? So I'm confused.
Speaker 3: So he didn't answer it. That's why that was the answer to that question. And yeah, the Browns never completely clarify that.
Speaker 4: But on the play where he went out like he does, hit his helmet, the back of his helmet hard, hard on the ground, and so I could see where a concussion concern would come up. He also though, was like, but they said he passed the protocol, so he passed that. But his arm, his throwing arm was sort of hanging the way that we saw Anthony Richardson like we can the same play.
Speaker 5: It was just hanging. I thought, maybe he's just I think he aggrevates.
Speaker 4: The Browns are conservative with their injuries, maybe more than some teams would be. I would say the other thing would be a bigger concern is like he threw a terrible interception and nearly through a second that simply was an interception, just with it right, But he was hurt. So I think I think I think the thing is like he's not healthy and he should play. He said this week that he may not be healthy this entire season because of the shoulder things.
Speaker 5: So I don't they're a little bit lost a quarterback.
Speaker 1: On the field today. I don't know. I don't know. They certainly aren't handling this very well. I would. I think that's safe to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at this point, it's very strange because I feel like the Browns are having one season and this is a season of crazy wins.
Speaker 1: In the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: It's a season of huge defense, and now it's a season of like, wow, PJ. Walker not exactly playing well of but finding a way to get a win. And then Deshaun Watson is off to the side and he's sort of having this other season yea, and they're like not the same, you're right seasons. And I want you to, you know, speak someone like the other Browns because you are enjoying this game. I haven't seen you as excited in the newsroom watching a Browns game in a while. And they are. They're a legit team. I just don't know. I don't know where they're going, but they are legit.
Speaker 1: They're there there.
Speaker 4: I will say this because I think Stefanski has sort of been like a hot seat contender. I think he's done a good job coaching this team up through a quarterback abyss, someone like Jerome Ford who came in today and sixty nine yard touchdown gallop on the opening drive.
Speaker 1: You don't not Nick Chubb.
Speaker 4: You don't if you're starting quarterback or Nick Chubb, and you're getting these performances from other people around them, so they're enjoyable for that element of resiliency. And I think Stefanski, who did not do a good job coaching this team a year ago, I think he did actually with Jacoby Brissett, but in general, like your coach of the year from a couple of years ago, didn't look like it.
Speaker 3: But the basically an effort. Deshaun Watson's not playing, I think. So here's the thing to me what it feels like.
Speaker 2: It's not dissimilar to how I feel about watching my own team right now, where they're a fun watch because they're a little plucky, especially with PJ. Walker playing. But if you take out Nick Chubb and if Deshaun Watson's gonna be an injury riddled mess, like there's a ceiling on the on the season. Oh there's a skull here, of course, is to win the Super Bowl, So like this is as fun as these games are, like the need if there's a path to Watson getting healthy, they need to get on that right path because that's what can make them truly dangerous in the AFC, because.
Speaker 1: The Walker thing is that there's an expiration date there that's gonna limit you. But how about that mark? Four and too? Though so wild games back to now, maybe they've.
Speaker 3: Bought themselves sometimes if they do need to sit Watson, they found a way to win enough games that maybe they're they're in the mix when he comes back.
Speaker 2: They already had their buy was they were resting the shoulder then. So they can't seem to make progress in up front. But in terms of winning football, what are they?
Speaker 1: Four and two? Now? Four and two? How about that mark? How about that? I approve the Bills.
Speaker 2: Bills fans like Eric Roberts do not approve of the arc of the season so far. Tremendously frustrating, and that continued at Foxborough today.
Speaker 13: A second of goal to go from the left catchwe Andrew's over the football to snap it back Jones.
Speaker 1: Cassick looks to us.
Speaker 14: Right, crossing to the right, got it he touchdown.
Speaker 1: He's going to Patriots.
Speaker 15: There he is Mike Kasicki off the side of him, Milk Carton catching the day winner.
Speaker 1: But a little look kid from Jokes.
Speaker 15: To the right slot and it is the drive that back Jolks has stated.
Speaker 2: I mean wackling Micah Sicki is like Tony Gonzalez in nineteen ninety seven?
Speaker 6: Where is?
Speaker 1: Where is? Where is Mike Kisicki bin.
Speaker 2: Bob Sochi in the Sension power bottle with the call for WBZ.
Speaker 1: Mac Jones give him that extension.
Speaker 2: Greggy through a one yard like that to Mike Aseki with twelve seconds to play, and the Patriots steal went away from the Bills. Twenty nine, twenty five mark a weird one for me personally tracking from Afar because I'm just kind of following this game on the scroll.
Speaker 1: The Cleveland Indie game was the same thing. It's like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are multiple points where it appeared the game was decided in favor of each of the teams.
Speaker 1: How did the underdog Pats come out ahead?
Speaker 4: I think this was sort of the team that if you were Bill Belichick and his like small cadre of assistant coaches, this is the team that you thought you would.
Speaker 1: Get his family members basically essentially his.
Speaker 4: Sons and you know, like friends that keep secrets for nephew seven.
Speaker 5: They like it doesn't look like it because if you look.
Speaker 4: At like, for instance, like Ramandri Stevenson's line box score, like doesn't look impressive.
Speaker 5: But I thought he ran the ball as well as he has all season.
Speaker 4: And Mac Jones played a better game than he's played all season, and like they got little contributions on offense, and their defense looked tighter. And you're getting a Bills team that I don't know if it's their DNA because things change, but this is weeks in a row where they come out flat. They looked completely at a sink early on. They have scored what is going on here with one of these numbers. They've been outscored like an insane amount in the first half, like, and they just to come out as a flat team.
Speaker 2: They really had no business winning last week now against the Giants in their building on Sunday Night football. The week before it didn't go well, Greg, And now you can't find a way to close out the Patriots. And you know, I as soon as you saw Matt Mulano go out. I wondered what was going to happen with their defense, And again I didn't see the game, but I'm just curious, like, is that one of those Janga pieces where they're going to struggle to get big stops all season without kind of heart and soul there, d.
Speaker 3: Well, you let Mac carve you up twenty five for thirty two hundred and seventy two yards in the second half of that game. The only stop they get was on a forced fumble, and otherwise the Patriots had a field goal, touchdown and a touchdown, and the Patriots are up or behind and up in this game rather twenty two to ten. They just went on a touchdown drive in the fourth quarter. They played a very clean game, market am I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Then then the Bills get a two minute, five play, seventy five yard drive, then they force a fumble and then Josh Allen ends up running it in, and you think, like, there is no way at that point that the Bills defense lets the Patriots get to overtime, even much less lose the game. So that's very surprising to me, Like, what did you see out of the Bill's defense here?
Speaker 4: They allowed a team that's looked completely dead on arrival on offense to make plays, and they got ran on in key situations. Mac Jones played I thought, the best game he's played all season, and it's just like, I don't know where the Patriots team was, but this is a Bills team that did not live up to the moment today. I mean, this is the against the Jaguars, against the Giants in today. Three weeks in a row, they've come out flat, and I guess just like in the scope of these seasons, it leaves me I already think we had some suspicions about the Bill's floor when they don't kind of operate the way that they should.
Speaker 5: And it's just an example of like, I don't know, is this team.
Speaker 4: Gonna go win multiple games on the road in the playoffs. It doesn't feel like it to me. And I think Josh Allen today was one of the reasons they didn't perform well. It's like it's not always in spite of everyone else. It's like Josh Allen sinks them at times. I feel like it just was not a great game. He didn't ever slipt that today.
Speaker 3: Very surprising against this team though, right they've owned the Patriots in this McDermott Belichick rivalry.
Speaker 1: Here's some stats.
Speaker 2: So the Pats average four yards of carry, which doesn't seem like a big deal because everybody should do that, But they had been averaging less than three and a half a game going into this game.
Speaker 1: So they ran the ball like you were saying.
Speaker 2: Mac Jones was pressured on just twenty percent of his dry ESPN, so he was able to sit back and find open receivers.
Speaker 1: Against a bad pitch right line. So they weren't.
Speaker 2: They weren't doing the job on defense and on offense. The slow starts and Eric, we talked a little bit before the show that they only seemed to be able to get things going when they fall behind. Over the past three games, this team has averaged less than six points in the first three quarters of the game.
Speaker 1: And and sometimes you can, you have.
Speaker 2: The ability to come back and steal these games, like they did last week, But then other times it's not going to work out. And they're supposed to be better than this, Eric, Yeah, and they're not.
Speaker 9: It's it's like pulling teeth until the end of the fourth quarter. They mean, they fell short against the Jaguars in London, where they had the little spur and they put himself in a kind of a spot to maybe steal it where they had a quick little rebound and you know it's like they cut it close. They had a weird hooking ladder. They got lucky last week. You know they probably could have got a PI call that would have thrown that game the other way. And then yeah, this week, they the offense is asleep at the wheel, feels like until until way late with it like it's they shouldn't be they it's it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's real tough. Week seven.
Speaker 3: Week seven is early for a team like the Bills, where it's almost like the playoffs only matter three losses, you don't have three losses. But it doesn't. It doesn't put them. They're just such a strange team because they were the number one team in DVOA heading into last week because they were stopped. They've had these weird like huge downs and huge ups, and that's surprising to me for a veteran team. Now, there was one schematic, one thing with the Patriot dophinsive line, and I think could help change their season. They put mike O and Wuennu, who's been a very good right tackle when they played their out at right tackle. He'd been at guard when healthy, and they got cold strange back there their first repick, so they had a couple spots that looked better. The right tackle position was the worst in the entire NFL, so maybe that helps there off when.
Speaker 4: They went on this run of dominance earlier in the year, though you look back, it's like they dominated the Raiders and the Commanders and the Dolphins. That's a big win when I watched this team, because I think Dalton Kincaid had a nice game today, and you thought that would be consistent throughout the year. But like, if it's not Stephan Diggs, there's a lack of weapons on this in this offense. And I think we felt that way like going into the year, that like they were they gonna go sign DeAndre Hopkins or one of these guys, and they didn't do it. And there's just periods and moments throughout some of these lower echelon performances by the Bills where someone's missing right.
Speaker 1: A couple of things here.
Speaker 2: Here's just because I like this quote David Andrews Patriot Center.
Speaker 1: This one gave me, gave me feels.
Speaker 16: You know it feels good.
Speaker 1: It feels good.
Speaker 2: You can go home and you know, having a beer sitting outside and you feel real good. And I like the idea of just going outside and sitting outside having a beer.
Speaker 4: Well, it's been a nice they've not had a lot of beer drinking Sundays.
Speaker 2: Like a crisp like New England Shore mid to late October. Like, he's gonna sit he's gonna be a little sore, but he's gonna have that beer.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: The other the other quote, I want to play for you. Yeah, you like put on a little like you know, maybe.
Speaker 3: One of the first two like Band of Horses albums, right, especially a guy who he'd gone to three straight Super Bowls at one point.
Speaker 1: This is dark. He's going to need more than one.
Speaker 2: You can smell, you know, you smell that chimney, you know, the chimney smoke in the air and that then you could maybe a breath, but you're bundled up, Crisp.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's I don't know if the fires have started yet, right, I don't Foxboro.
Speaker 1: Well, what I mean, it's almost November. I lived there. Cold there, it's cold. Uh, here's Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: Uh, and this was actually really nice to see because Bill Belichick won his three hundredth game of his career. That's third all time, and uh, he obviously was looking inward and was quite verbose and sharing, Uh, this special moment for him.
Speaker 1: So let's listen to it.
Speaker 3: It's your reaction to becoming the third head coach with three hundred wins behind Don Shula and George Hellis.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's great.
Speaker 2: I'm really more focused on, you know, our team in this year and worry about that later.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was you actually got me for some reason. I don't know what you were going to throw it too. I was like, oh, because he was. There was a great clip of him I tweeted out of him at the Patriots Hall of Fame ceremony this weekend. I've never seen him looser and happier talking about Dante Scarnekia, who got inducted to the Hall of Fame, like telling jokes and like making impressions and like, I've actually never heard him literally speak like that.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Wow, Bill, maybe Bill, this was like you know in concert thing right? Absolutely No, he was gushing.
Speaker 3: Hey, warm, shout out to Mike Rabil also got inducted on Sunday. I love the fact that he ended his halftime induction speech to the Patriots Hall of Fame, who was like, all right, I'm out of here. We got a game to win. I was like, oh wow, I hope Crave Digger is not watching this. We got a game to it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank for all those touchdowns.
Speaker 4: I thought this was surprising because we've already sort of talked about, you know, flashpoint focus that like maybe this whole Belichick thing ends with New England. Like Rapaport brought this bomb this morning that Belichick signed a lucrative multi year extension in the offseason.
Speaker 1: So if Kraft was already.
Speaker 4: Thinking, and I get all that that's just money, it's Crafts a billionaire, So like.
Speaker 3: I want to know what that means exactly right, Tom Kerran kind of following two things, lucrative and multi year.
Speaker 5: Well, those two things are words that have meaning.
Speaker 3: Tom Kerrn followed up believing that multi year meant twenty three and twenty four and that it wouldn't affect the decision.
Speaker 1: Like he was not hired for this season.
Speaker 3: They basically ripped that it was a way of their kind of spinning it, whereas like they ripped up the old contract that it's probably pass.
Speaker 4: And again, I think Robert Kraft could buy forty two houses and decide he doesn't want them.
Speaker 1: So I get that, So it's not I also thought.
Speaker 2: But in the minority on the show, that I don't think he's going to lose his job after this year, but he'd be more likely to get another shot, maybe a new quarterback.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's.
Speaker 3: Well, who knows, there's ten there's literally ten gars that that's the biggest factor is how these ten games go. If they if a bunch of them go like this, he'll do fine.
Speaker 1: They'll win a few games, you know they will.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean all the fans out there, like Brockman with the Rich Eisen Show. I like Brockman, but you know they're like pounding the table like, oh, we're gonna get the first roll up pick. We're tanking for Caleb and all this stuff. We're not rooting for you to get that. Yeah, no, why would you're not like, oh, maybe the Patriots will look out and get the first overall pick.
Speaker 4: No, what a fairy tale with that delight us?
Speaker 5: So I don't need that to happen. You got it, Greg, You've got twenty years.
Speaker 16: Great.
Speaker 3: A lot of a lot of bad teams lost today though, is a good day for the one win teams. They're not too far down in the Peccan order still. I think they're at the fifth pick. All right, Okay, I'm trapping, I'm tracking it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a.
Speaker 2: Break and then we will continue onward. All right, Okay, so a bunch of close games there. Uh, here's a game that disappointed me. Like, I'm like, my dog is he just turned one and he's still you know, he's essentially a teenager at this point, so he'll he'll act out when we leave him. Sometimes he gets up, so he'll jump up and grab something and like he ate a.
Speaker 1: Box of cookies and we're like, gosh, he gonna die. Like he didn't die, which was good. What kind of cookies? Like were they?
Speaker 2: They were ginger dark chocolate ginger cookies I got from England for my wife and she's like I don't like ginger. It's like, oh great, the big hell there and then the dog ate them and was like heaving for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: It's a double l good job by me.
Speaker 2: Anyway, My point being I'm disappointed both in captain but still love him, and also the potential shootout between the Chargers and Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Hmm, that wasn't Kelsey's in the backfield is an h BAC. They're gonna fake a handoff.
Speaker 17: Now they're gonna go on a pass inside and dragging into the insign tuch doown Cansas City.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 17: The Chiefs get the touchdown with a little bit of a formation trickery. They had Travis Kelsey lined up in the backfield. He ran a running back route and Kelsey, who lined up in the backfield, just ducked inside and was able to drag three Chargers almost lost the ball as he hit the ball up above his helmet and the Charger were trying to rip it out.
Speaker 2: All right, Bob w Z excuse me. That was Mitch Holtis with WDAF with a call. That was a funny play because Travis Kelcey wasn't really opening and Canarius Tony flared out out of the backfield and he was all by himself for an easy touchdown and Mahomes is like, no, keylor Swift's here someon.
Speaker 3: He was going to fire this ball into Kelsey threw it low. Kelsey had a great athletic thought process, like I really.
Speaker 2: Do think it factors in, and he made the catch and then just lifted the ball above his head like I took the kids to see.
Speaker 1: H there's an old time theater in the town I live.
Speaker 2: Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein and like he's like Strange, the guy Glenn Strange who played Frank Sign. He's just holding over his head the ball and it's like, hey, Chargers, come back to us, knock the ball out of his hands, and instead they just let him get pushed into the end zone. It was the third touchdown for Patrick Mahomes in the first half. He finished with four, and the Chiefs end up cruising to a thirty one to seventeen win. The reason I was disappointed because this game was seventeen seventeen. I want to say about early to mid second quarter. There were four touchdowns scored in seven minutes and five seconds of game time in the first half at one point, and you know, listen, in the early games, I went from watching and I'm like, God, we're going to talk about it later, but it was when we're watching Baker Mayfield and Desmond Ritter in the early slate. Tow all of a sudden, I have Herbert and Mahomes in the late slate, and this game starts out beautifully, and all I could think to myself is this is going to be the game everyone's talking about. Not quite, because the Chiefs defense greg, which it's been lights out pretty much all year, once again once they kind and of course corrected completely shut down LA in the end of the second quarter throughout the second half, shutting them out in fact, and it's an easy win for the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: As a result.
Speaker 3: It's another second half where the Chargers offense gets absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: They're just not built to be like this.
Speaker 3: And you do have to give the credit though to the Chiefs defense, because it's now week after week, it's now coming against some good quarterbacks and it's very often at the linebacker position. Bolton Nick Bolton hurt his wrist late in this game, and I think that would be a big loss.
Speaker 1: Located rist.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's tough, and we'll see like when and how he can play through that if they put a cast on that, but that could be a while. But Willie Gay was everywhere in this game, and when Drew Trankles needed to play this year.
Speaker 1: He's been awesome.
Speaker 3: I just love the way Spags is deploying these guys. And oh, by the way, like sometimes maybe you will get four hundred and twenty four yards and four touchdowns from a Homes plus a good defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're not.
Speaker 2: Kind of been waiting for that, and I know, like fantasy owners been waiting for that, Like, where's the Mahomes explosion game. Here's some crazy stats. Because to the credit of the Chargers, and I don't want to give them a ton of credit because they kind of drive me crazy watching them. They tightened up defensively in the second half of themselves the second half themselves and kept this from turning into a fifty burger situation. But the Chiefs had three hundred and thirty three yards of offense at halftime. Travis Kelcey's stat line at half nine for one forty three and one on nine targets. Patrick mahomes Is stat line and a half twenty for twenty three for three hundred and twenty one yards, three touchdowns and a pick, another touchdown called back on penalty that led to a field goal. And I mean, listen, Mahomes's beauty personified as a quarterback. But the Charges were embarrassing their defense in the first half of this game. The number of times Travis Kelcey is in the conversation is the greatest tight end who's ever lived. He is all by himself, over and over and over. And I understand Mahomes. Part of his greatness is he can evade a pocket when he gets muddy, and he makes late decisions, and he does that move where he gets close to the line of scrimmage and just when you think he's scrambling, he throws it not like a little checkdown but like a twenty yard shotdown field that goes for a huge play because the defense is broken down. He was doing that, but doing it over and over and over to the point where it's like, aren't you a defensive head coach, Brandon Staley? Where are the adjustments? And by the time they came, it was already too late.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've come to expect frustration from the Charge to this point. But it is a division opponent. You should know Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelcey and Andy Reid as well as anyone in the league.
Speaker 5: And you have justin Herbert that's the one thing.
Speaker 4: That you have where if the Chiefs keep scoring, they keep producing. And I'm looking at what happens here in the second half in a key divisional matchup, and it's red zone interception, three and out, three and out, three and out, closed the game with another interception, and it's two games in a row where it's like and I look at we all, justin Herbert, it's no questioning his talent, but like, you're not getting the job done, and I think there's just something intrinsically and chemically wrong with the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Well it's like I don't expect that. I mean they're the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then even to the point where you went in thinking this would be a great game, I mean, they'll take games down to the end.
Speaker 5: But it's like, this is a team that is two and four.
Speaker 1: Is not the sum of.
Speaker 4: Their parts for the second or third year in a row under this coaching staff, and you can't make things this easy for Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Well, they know what's at stake this season, Brandon Staley and the coaching stuff. They know they have to finish, I think with a winning record to keep their jobs. But this actually was different because look, they every one of these games always comes down to the wire. This is actually the first two score win by the Chiefs over the Chargers in four years, so that, yeah, that goes back even to before when Staley was here. It's October twenty second, we're wrapping up Week seven. The division's over. The AFC West has won. Unless you think the Raiders are rallying here to go win this division, it's over.
Speaker 1: Only a psychotic with the just say it it is over. It's just kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Barring a disaster around Patrick Mahomes or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, same Buckler, whoever's backing him up could do it.
Speaker 2: And the yeah, I mean I understand creation mark because yeah, I'm sick of talking about the Chargers like this also, but it's like you watch a game like this and there's such a mess in the first half defensively, and then the second half when they plug that hole, they're total mess offensively, and it's like, guys.
Speaker 3: And they give up a big special teams play right after Staley, who's been a little more cautious, decides to punt on fourth and five. The football gods punish him by having the return go to almost exactly the line of scrimmage where the punt was.
Speaker 2: And the return was by Mikole Hardman, who also had a big third down conversion. Or the closing Travis Kelcey, uh before the closing Isaiah Pachenko touchdown the.
Speaker 1: One the one thing.
Speaker 4: And I know people like there's half the people listeners don't want to hear anything about like this individual. But like the splits, Travis Kelcey's like whether Taylor Swift oh present or not?
Speaker 5: Are insane? And you know what, I don't know. We're human beings.
Speaker 4: Like if you're if the woman that you love is watching you something, don't you think that maybe it can change who you are?
Speaker 1: Is that crazy?
Speaker 2: People are like, oh whatever, he might be in a very happy headspace. I yeah, because Taylor is at the game again. I was actually thinking this is a little different quick tailor take, and everybody's like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they're talking about tills fast forward fifteen. It's it's it's a story, it's it's just a thing. Just relax.
Speaker 2: We have we have to ruin everything now, right Like that, That's what social media mostly does.
Speaker 3: Like this, I haven't heard one, but always like that table the tailor swifts, like what is it one minute a show?
Speaker 1: Tops Ever, there was a.
Speaker 2: Play where Mahomes made a great throw to to Kelsey in the end zone. He was interfered with, almost came down with that interfered with. So they were set up first and goal, and they showed Patrick Mahomes's wife is Brittany. Okay, Brittany Mahomes next to Taylor, and Brittany Mahomes is reacting when she sees the flag go up.
Speaker 1: She knows what it means.
Speaker 2: Taylor is like, oh, because the ball wasn't caught. I'm curious. Is Taylor is starting to learn some of the nuances of the sport. I bet that she understand what the laundry came coming out meant. Are we still working toward that? Did she know football before? I don't want to make an assumption that she didn't know anything about football. In that moment, she seemed a little bit lost in space, whereas Mahomes's wife was totally plugged in.
Speaker 1: That was one take I had from a replay, and.
Speaker 3: That's the new question two weeks two weeks ago, we were I was talking about like, yeah, Kelsey's catching passes, but like, where are the explosive plays yards for play at the last two games twenty one for three oh three in two games.
Speaker 1: Absurd, what is happening?
Speaker 4: And also, by the way, this is a completely like side note, but Greg and I noticed this before the game, like, why is Bernie Cozar hanging out?
Speaker 2: I don't know, pregame with Taylor Swift. You answer that question you've been in contact with over the year.
Speaker 1: No, I will ask him. I'll ask him hashtag wellness.
Speaker 2: That was one of the strangest tweets I've ever seen in my life. Real quick, two more things. She Rushi, Rice flashed a little bit in this game, has splashed a little bit the last couple of weeks like that. We've talked about we need the Chiefs need one more guy to kind of become a guy.
Speaker 1: He's a guy? Could it be Rice?
Speaker 2: And if he is, lookout because this team with this defense and my goodness. And finally, speaking of internet cynicism, controversial Chargers fan lady, Remember we got all upset about Mary and the woman Mary and Doe or do I don't know?
Speaker 1: Really you have her name, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know. She was wearing a Chargers jersey. They cut her at one point, so obviously a big event. Oh, she was wearing a matching yellow hat of like a startup chicken company, so she was helping out in front.
Speaker 1: No, it was Buffalo Wild Wings was the hat she was wearing.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, as I thought, I don't think that's gonna held out your intent lingering around. Yeah in the situation, Yeah, Greg, I'm happy she got paid. You know, let's go free chicken.
Speaker 1: You've done it again, all right. Case The offensive line was great too.
Speaker 2: They're very Hey, guess what, they're a good ass team and everyone's going to suffer another long season trying to beat them. Oh, speaking of suffering, I was on this Falcons Bucks beat.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. So it's a fifty one yard try never locking it away South team. Oh ever, piniont home snap? Are you kidding me? They think you win the game for Atlanta.
Speaker 13: Spot kick from coup is aware and it is good. Fly home safely Atlanta. Sixteen thirteen is the final in Tampa Jung Way Coup the winner from fifty one yards. Atlanta goes to two and zero in the division.
Speaker 1: Ow Megan Western with the call Falcons Radio.
Speaker 2: The Atlanta Falcons lead a division in the NFL I demand to reco and a sloppy affair the that accelerated the aging process of all those unfortunate enough to watch.
Speaker 1: In the spirit of transparency, I was paid to.
Speaker 2: Do so, the Falcons rode a late thirty nine yard reception by Kyle Pitts at a Young Way coup fifty one yard er that you heard his time expired to edge the Bucks sixteen thirteen. Tampa Bay has now lost three or four, proving once again that September is a big fat liar. They're not very good, very frustrating, watch very hard watch the Falcons. The reason I'm not even that you know upseaid about the lock is because the Falcon. The Falcons should have won this game four different ways, and they couldn't because Desmond Rinner fumbled the ball three times and lost all three fumbles.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you about the fumbles.
Speaker 2: One was first and goal at the one a muff snap that he couldn't recover, and the second one was on a really nicely designed play call where he scrambled and was heading toward the pylon, maybe let up just enough for a Tampa Bay defender to come in and knock it out.
Speaker 1: Of his hand at a.
Speaker 3: Bound Antoine Winfield, who is having of a contract year man is looking.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful play and a great hustle play.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't quite call it don beebe leon Lett, but it was that type of vibe where it looked like it was definitely a touchdown and then all of a sudden, it's going the other way. So the fact that you had two absolutely crushing turnovers by Atlanta on offense at the one yard line that never happens, but you still find a way. And part of the reason mark they found the way is because the Bucks offense could not get things going. I owe the Falcons defense and apology. I kind of kind of said they weren't much on the Thursday preview show. Statistically they've been pretty good this year, and in this game they continually kind of gave Baker Mayfield fits. And the Bucks are zero for two in the red zone, including late in the game where they had a chance to steal it themselves, but they never came close.
Speaker 1: The Falcons find a way.
Speaker 4: You don't see too many games like this where if you're Atlanta, you got inside the twelve yard line three times and produced zero points on those instances. I wonder if it'd be different because I know so Bjeon Robinson went out with an illness because he did play it for a spot of time at least, but then they lose him.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that would played a big difference.
Speaker 3: He played ten total snaps, he said out after the game. He woke up suffering from like headaches, a ton of headaches, and they tried to go easy on him.
Speaker 1: Strange.
Speaker 2: Everything was strange about it because he was not on the injury report obviously, so he's saying he woke up with it. Okay, then he's on the sideline with his helmet on and not getting on the field at all. He actually does eventually get a touch, and his first touch comes with twenty eight seconds remaining in a thirteen to thirteen game and the Falcon's driving for the game winning field goal attempt. Like I've never seen any of this stuff happen before. It just this Artie Smith Falcons team is bizarre. But to their credit, they found a way without their best player to get this done. So it's not going to change anyone's feelings. I don't think about the Falcons' offense because they're still held back by a turnover plagued quarterback. However, if you look at some of the yard, yes they're moving the ball better, and unquestionably the team has a pulse in terms of moving the football.
Speaker 1: Kyle Pitts has been involved, Greggy, but you just wonder.
Speaker 2: How much longer they can sustain these back breaking turnovers if they play teams that are actually good, which the Bucks.
Speaker 1: Are not, which but they really don't.
Speaker 3: And so right, I think we should all just take take a minute, take a step back, and just accept like this is the NFC South, right, we are going to experience this for ten more weeks.
Speaker 1: Right there is what Colleen was talking about.
Speaker 2: By the way, yes I see where she was on some level, and this sometimes happens with Connie doesn't understand a seg totally. She tried to the entire division and great comedy ensues. But in the case of this, like watch this game, and then Colleen's comment makes more sense because we just do we need this, like society need it.
Speaker 1: But they're also like the Bucks, Saints and Falcons.
Speaker 3: They're all deeply flawed, deeply frustrating, dumb in different ways that the Bucks are just kind of like mediocre. I don't know if they quite fit with the Falcons in the Saintes and they're gonna have They're not the worst five teams in the league.
Speaker 1: They're certainly not anywhere near the best.
Speaker 3: And there's just gonna be like a whole season worth of these types of games, and one of them will get to nine wins maybe who knows, maybe even ten because the schedules are so soft.
Speaker 1: Probably not, though I just don't see it. And you know, if.
Speaker 3: We're lucky, it's not the Sunday night Week eighteen game with only like the only playoff potential game.
Speaker 1: Can't do that. It's too early to worry about that.
Speaker 3: I don't mind like weird, ugly teams, but it's just like, let's just accept that.
Speaker 1: It's almost like they are.
Speaker 2: They're a quadrant of like relegated teams that are within the NFL, And it's like, as long as you understand that, like they're not really like the real teams, but they do their little thing. They play each other twice a year and occasionally they play the real teams.
Speaker 1: It helps to process it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you you you know, went out of your way to lock one of these teams and pick this game to witness, so I hope I think. I mean, like the lesson learning on your end will probably never lock a.
Speaker 2: Bad team, like and and that's I've made that mistake before. And I didn't think the Bucks were necessarily bad, but I kind of think they might be pretty bad after watching this because Baker in the offense is really coming down to earth and.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can we get a running back in that building?
Speaker 5: They seem allergic to that not run the ball.
Speaker 2: I would say, like, it's not gonna work without a running game when you're Baker Mayfield your quarterback.
Speaker 4: I know, although today he had like that thirty one yard thirty something yard run on third and long, and like, I feel like this is just a small little part of his game. But every week there's been an element of Baker like converting and moving the chains with his feet, and I mean that's a small, little, tiny thing.
Speaker 3: So what I mean, there's just enough with this Bucks team. Like Lavante David is playing outstanding. I mentioned Winfield. I think he's been an all Pro type safety this year, like and the Falcons have players too, like London and Pits are showing up week after week, making some impressive plays.
Speaker 1: That's why they'll get to eight wins and not four wins.
Speaker 2: That was a good scrambled by Baker, but they scored six points in lest.
Speaker 5: No, I know they're an incomplete You gotta win.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Falcons fans are gonna be mad at me. But it's like you guys know, no, they're frustrated. You guys know I'm not doing this like to antagonize you what that you locked against them? No, like they know when I'm What I'm saying here is not trying to get the mad like.
Speaker 1: It's just they're They're very fortunate to have the number of wins. I think they have the highest ceiling of this division.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's gonna matter or mean anything, though, I do think they have the highest ceiling.
Speaker 1: All right, let us move on.
Speaker 2: Then up next we head to the middle ends the swamps of Jersey.
Speaker 1: Another tough one. Who I can't they have the corn? I showed one on one with Banks right out for the left. I'm sorry, took me. Banks's playing how back under pressure of points?
Speaker 15: The sun spins away, Crows love on the passer complete attended Producson Isaiah Simmons got pressure on the quarterback, forcing a pack crow and the Giant stop Washington on fourth and five with fifty.
Speaker 1: Six seconds left. The call.
Speaker 2: Is by the Great Bob Papa Giants Radio and boys. I think there's one thing to take away from this game. You never fork the New York Football Giants.
Speaker 1: That's your takeaway. We can move on to the next game.
Speaker 2: Tyrod Taylor threw two second quarter touchdown passes and Dexter Lawrence led a Big Blue defense that.
Speaker 1: Had six sacks.
Speaker 2: They had five all year entering this game, had six sacks, including five in the first half, and they made that last minute Stan you just heard.
Speaker 1: With a little help from John Dotson, squeeze a kid.
Speaker 2: They snap a four game losing streak with a fourteen to seven win over the Commanders at MetLife Stadium. Yeah, this game another one that they will not be sending to Canton. Giants looked really good in the first half and the defense was humming. Like I said, five sacks in the first half, Taylor throwing it all over the field with ease. Saquan looking good even though he suffered a little bit of an elbow injury in this game. Darren Waller again in the mix, clearly has better chemistry with Taylor than he's had with Daniel Jones. That all dried up in the second half, but the defense did enough to get this win and keep their faint hopes alive.
Speaker 4: I mean, Sam Howell came in having been sacked thirty four times. I think it was like thirteen of those were on Sam Howell and the way that he plays, So, I mean it's one of those rare instances. I feel like we spend our preview show looking at what's happened and saying, this is probably something that could happen, and then when it actually does in today's NFL kind of like, wow, it actually went as as you'd think.
Speaker 1: Sam halliw went and got sacked six times that I'd be.
Speaker 3: Surprising when it's against the Giants who had you know, as Dan mentioned, I've going into the year, but they didn't. They didn't handle the butz and like, look, he's on pace for ninety seven Were these Were they the same batter David Carr's record.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't put this under what he's gotten in trouble with a lot this season was holding the ball too long. I think the offensive line had a lot of breakdowns and the pressure was instant in many of the cases, which you know is surprising against the Giants have done almost nothing in.
Speaker 1: That realm until this game.
Speaker 2: But this is also a Commander's team, and I was getting tweets throughout the game from Commanders fans that are just like they're they they're so sick of this team. There's I think it's a Ron Rivera situation. They've now lost to the winless, previously winless Bears, They've now lost to the one in five Giants, and this is just in the last three weeks. And it makes sense when you hear Jonathan Allen, one of the very talented players on a very talented defensive line, speaking to reporters after the game. Here is what he said at courtesy of NBC four Sports in DC.
Speaker 1: Does he get frustrating when that tired? Seven years of the same tired?
Speaker 18: What can you do now going forward to get it turned around?
Speaker 1: Get on man's right and get ready to play for Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: WHOA yeah, Randy or Eric who was in charge of the beeps there?
Speaker 1: That was me? Yeah, you did a great Giant.
Speaker 3: I guess what he was saying, excellent beeps that was the most him.
Speaker 1: Just enough so they know it's being said.
Speaker 2: And you know, that's a lot of frustration because I think they they know or think that they are a better team than the Giants, so to be kind of punched in the mouth the way they were, and they only get back in that game because Sterling Shepherd muffs the punt in the second half that leads to a short field and the only Commander's touchdown.
Speaker 1: And then late in the game the Giants had it locked up.
Speaker 2: Saquan who's I think had his one fumble his entire career in the Pros, he coughs it up in the red zone. Uh setting up that last drive by Washing the falls short again on a dots and drop.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a perfect.
Speaker 2: Throw by Howl, but he did a great job getting away from pressure, puts it near enough to make the catch.
Speaker 1: The catch isn't made.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's an inconsistent team for a playing for a head coach who's maybe been around for too long, and everyone just like there's a lot of excitement around the Commanders from a big picture perspective because Snyder's gone, but a lot of it is way too familiar for fans that are sick. Ye, it doesn't fix it all in one week.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna like become a team that sneaks into the playoffs, which I think is the ceiling for this team unless you take advantage of those situations. On the third down play, Sam Howell has Terry McLaurin one on one. It's third and five from the seven. There's he like a Dori Jackson is out of this game. He's up against a rookie. In that scenario, Howell is facing no pressure whatsoever, and he doesn't put it anywhere near Terry McLaurin, who, by the way, like they didn't target for the first half, and then in the second half they target nine times and he gets nine yards because He'sterry freaking McLaurin. It's just been a bizarre thing. So Howell doesn't even put it anywhere near. Just a totally bad ball. And he's a very strange quarterback because he makes so many good plays and so many bad plays. And then the next play he scrambles after getting pressured, makes a nice throw to Dotson. It wouldn't have been the game tying touchdown because it probably would have been it probably would have been a bad first down. It would have been a first down down at the one or two with plenty of time left. And it's just this team is frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Giants fans, like I said, I mentioned the Shepherd turnover, I mentioned the Barkley chip over. There was also an all time and I understand he's an edge rusher, so these guys, even though defensive backs can't catch. But Cavon Hall made a horrendous decision under pressure in his own end end zone and threw up a balloon right to Cavon like basically handed to him on a platter, and had a real chance at a pick six.
Speaker 1: He drops the football.
Speaker 2: And it was so bad that there was a tweet that I liked about this, and I took no joy in this. But this is just me reporting on the game boys. Here is a tweet from I wish I had who it was from, but here's what it. Here's what it said, Giants players lying all over the field in disbelief, Thibodeau distraught. It's like how they reported on the Titanic sinking.
Speaker 1: All right, So Felix.
Speaker 4: Seeing Jayal and Hyatt show up, I mean it seems like the guy almost functioned better without Daniel.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you you.
Speaker 3: You tweeted it out that there's gonna be a weird conversation in New York this week.
Speaker 1: I think we're getting there.
Speaker 2: If things would have kept up for the last two quarters, there absolutely would have been a huge conversation. Now it's still kind of like more like some whispers. I think, well, I think gonna get louder. I thinks next week it gets louder.
Speaker 3: I think the whispers can be like, okay, like maybe let's not go crazy and say they're way better with Tyler Tyrod. But it's like there's certainly no major difference.
Speaker 2: They're very close to winning both these games. All right, let's move on. It's time now for the Sunday presented by the first ever Toyota Grand Highlander. Tough timing because you don't even have to drive to this particular game I'm about to talk about.
Speaker 1: It's right across the sidewalk. Well, we don't have to drive. Put we gotta drive to work. Someone else.
Speaker 5: You gotta drive you yet, I gotta get here walking home from here.
Speaker 4: Talking about us, we're here, we're here. Now, that's true. If you want us make it specifically about us.
Speaker 2: You're right, but if we weren't here now, we would be taking the Highlander. Everybody get in the Highlander. Okay, First and goal at the three.
Speaker 17: The Steelers in a tie game, climbing the Highlander with everything in tight picket, but head into Pittsburgh West.
Speaker 1: The loan setback is Naji Harris.
Speaker 17: Picket steps in, hands it off Nagy into the end zone. Pittsburgh Steelers go ahead, touchdown the iron Horse.
Speaker 19: Nagy goes into the end zone, angry man, running all day, showing that strength, that power, and when you had to do it, who do you give it to?
Speaker 1: You give it to Nagy.
Speaker 19: Harrison christ job of plunging over the left side his first he.
Speaker 1: Was like he was Jim Brown or something.
Speaker 2: Bill hill Grove and Craig Willfie of the call wdv E. So if I stadium was lousy with Steelers fans, including shack Our Buddy Stills haven't played here a lot, and everybody had fun watching him take care of the Rams twenty four seventeen behind fourteen unanswered points in.
Speaker 1: The fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: The defense Greggie in this game really shut down Los Angeles down the stretch.
Speaker 3: I want to start giving some credit with for Pittsburgh before we get to the calls by the officials. Okay, even though the calls by the officials were the story, let's mention at least that the Steelers came into the fourth quarter doing absolutely nothing on offense, had barely over one hundred yards six first downs in the game. In the fourth quarter, they came alive for the first time all season. They held the ball for over eleven or twelve minutes, They had eleven first downs in the fourth quarter. They get a couple of touchdown drives going, extended drives going that kept the ball away from the Rams at the end of the game, and Kenny Pickett looked at least like rookie Kenny Pickett for the first time all season. Deontay Johnson absolutely changes this offense. To me, he's more valuable to them to Kenny Pickett, maybe even then George Pickens, because he's more reliable on a down to down basis. So, yes, they got a ton of breaks, and we'll get to that, but their offense did take over in the fourth quarter and also stop the Rams from moving the ball. So so some credit, Yeah, give it to the Steelers for playing their best when it mattered most in a game.
Speaker 1: They were basically dominated for three quarters. Hm.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mark, I want to believe in the Steelers tema, so they'd win twelve games, and like they finally you know what, they're on the base.
Speaker 1: They are on the base. Just the vout. I'll help you guys out. They're not gonna win twelve games.
Speaker 4: Well, what I was asking for though before starting to wonder, see what you're saying about Pickens. But I I was hoping that, like Jalen Warren and Pickens becomes sort of the centerpiece of this attack. And I saw they had like what ninety one yards in the first half is.
Speaker 1: Pickens ends up five for one oh seven?
Speaker 3: Make some big plays they had, They had some good connection on those three drives that I'm talking about. They went they had a touchdown drive on a shorter ar field and then a ninety yard touchdown drive and then they closed the game out.
Speaker 1: Pickens did it?
Speaker 4: Warren, I would like to see more of Jalen Warren. Yes, do you believe in Kenny Pickett at this point? Like, is no anything change?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But this was in it. It wasn't a fiasco. So that's that's a start, like this was a solid game from him.
Speaker 2: What are you hear if that's where If that's the bar right now, we're gonna talk about the team winning twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: They say, are somehow four and two and I do. I just know teams change and and because they're the Steelers, I give them a chance to be a team that actually becomes good at some point. And oh, by the way, you got to four and two without being good. Now you did it with some luck because of the calls that I that I mentioned so horrible. First of all, they get a as interference on a killer weatherspoon the Rams cornerback on a third and eight in a spot in the field where the Steelers probably would have punted at that point and the Rams would have gotten the ball back with over two and a half minutes to go down seventh. Doesn't mean they're gonna win, you know, there are the Rams offense had shut themselves in the foot of the last few drives before that, and so who knows, but the Rams were going to get the ball back. It was a phantom call. There really wasn't contact. It was just awkward. The official was in a bad spot. It ended up being like a no no blood play because they called the taunting. But the Steelers got another chance at it and they picked up the first.
Speaker 1: Down, which was also a bad call.
Speaker 3: By the way, the top was the taunting was a bad call too, but it felt like a ball.
Speaker 1: Dopeb was chirping and then he helped, well.
Speaker 3: He went he like turned the guy or he like ran around him, so he was in his face and then you know, whispered and you know, I don't like the taunting called spur they're gonna call. I'm saying they did the like shut in his face, like for a few seconds.
Speaker 1: I was happy with the resulting, not the process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you. I do love the Auntie Johnson. I think I think he changes it and that was a big time moment in the game. But then then the spot and I'm sure if you watch you know, red Zone today, you saw it like they go for it on a fourth down play for Kenny Pickett. Basically, the games on the line. If you pick it up, the Steelers win the game. If not, the Rams have great field positions to go down the field, and Katy Pickett clearly was short replays clearly showed it was short, and Sean McVay couldn't challenge it because he was out of timeouts. And the play actually went into the two minute warning, but it started before the two minute warning, so it's not an automatic review game over What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: I gotta I got this is gonna be a little controversial, but we know there's a little bit of a cannery that goes on about sometimes all of a sudden a play is ruled a catch and there's like actually upon further review, yes, like there is some help going on in there. Yes, yeah, yeah, Like just get in the air and say we can't end the game that way. It's pretty clear that this is at best close but not there to let the game end that way. And I know you had fifty thousand Steelers fans that were thrilled with the ending of that game, but the Rams fans that were hoping for one more chance, like that is such a gut wrenching way for the game to end and kind of in a lot of ways, kind of ruin that game because you took it, took away what should have been the climax, and ye have that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're moving on.
Speaker 3: I it was a mistake, and I think it was either Patrick Claybon or someone else like quote tweeting him that was like, what we have to look at, what is the purpose of these replay things, because yes, like Sean McVay didn't have a time out left, but the point is to get the call right, and I feel like there has to be a mechanism to get the call right on a call like that. The pass interference, I get it. That happens probably once a week where there's a big pass interference call that you could argue with in a big spot.
Speaker 1: It happens. It sucks.
Speaker 3: But a play like that, which is like the down, where you can tell that he's down and something's clearly like, there needs to be a mechanism to get rid of it. Now that said, I do want to point out Sean mc they didn't have those three timeouts in part because they blew a timeout because they ran out of time early in the third quarter. And that is a Sean McVay specialty that absolutely drives me crazy, and it comes back to haunt.
Speaker 1: Him pretty often and he still does it. It drives me crazy. Two quick points.
Speaker 2: Phukanakua made another big day eight for one fifty four. He had one catching near the sideline that like, actually it was challenged by Mike Tomlin just because he didn't want to believe that it was possible that he could get two feet down on the play, and he did. And it's like he's almost demanding to be in the conversation for the Superstar Club, which is one of the biggest surprises of this season. He is the second player of via ESPN and NFL history with seven hundred or more receiving yards in his first seven career games, and the fact that he's still doing it with Cooper Cup there tells you a lot. The other thing is, and I don't I don't say this in a way to be like mean, but if you signed Brett Mahert to be your kicker, it And they lost a game today that was a close game, and he missed two field goals.
Speaker 1: They were both long kicks.
Speaker 2: But people are drilling fifty yarders on the rag now and most crucially an extra point, which led to him having the yips at the end of last season. And I remember thinking when they broke camp with him, like, is he They're going to get through eighteen weeks without this guy melting down and costing you a game or games before you have to pivot in the middle of a season, which no team likes to do.
Speaker 1: It was it was a kind of needless risk.
Speaker 2: I hope Mahart it has a long and successful career, but you don't see things like you saw at the end of last season very.
Speaker 1: Often in our league.
Speaker 2: Come back from that and to see this happen again, I wonder how how long he is.
Speaker 1: For the run.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's we used to have this with quarterbacks, and I mean we still do disagree, but there's like twenty five functional kickers that don't leave you completely suspect and wondering what is going to happen to your team on any given Sunday. And Maher's in that subdivision of like, no, I don't trust you, and you're going to prove to me why I don't trust.
Speaker 3: Right, he missed that extra point, actually got the point back with a two later, But the two kicks he made after that. What is it that Jay Pheely says that he piped it. It was the opposite of piping. It was a reverse pipe hook. It was like the first you're on the first t and the water is on the left, and you're like, just don't hit in the water, just don't end in the water. And both of them are just these hooks where you're just like, I don't need to be a kicking expert to know he kicked those with no confidence whatsoever. And so that is a big time concerned because going into the fourth quarter they had three hundred plus yards and the Steelers had one hundred and they should have been winning this game by two and a half touchdowns. But the play of the game, and I know we've talked about this game, but it was one of the plays of the season to me, TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt's interception.
Speaker 3: So many things happened after it that you could say won in the game, but they were losing that game unless TJ. Watt in zone coverage somehow reads the route combination.
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt like he's dropping back and he's supposed to be covering the outside receiver.
Speaker 1: He reads exactly what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: He breaks on the ball like he's prime Patrick Peterson, not the Peterson they got now, and he gets an interception and brings it back to the ten year old and is one of the most astounding plays I've ever seen a defensive lineman make.
Speaker 1: And that's the only reason they were even in this game is setting up that chart.
Speaker 4: How many it's not that they've made this exactly play in the past.
Speaker 1: How many times? This is what I mean? But but the miles I get it. But that's what TJ.
Speaker 4: TJ Wats credits like. There have been like ten or eleven instances of TJ. Watt completely ceiling changing the changing games like this with things that other people in his position don't do.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the MLB playoffs and Bryce Harper of the Phillies has this knack for the big moment, and I noticed he's wearing a headband that says the Showman on it. Yeah, it's like, that's a perfect nickname for that guy. Wat's like a showman. And also you are you are you arguing Greg? Perhaps uh not on purpose that that was a bit of a big momentum swing for the Steelers that interception.
Speaker 1: No, don't robot it. What do you mean? Who met some swing?
Speaker 3: They were just they were just like losing the game, and hen what happened He made it so that they won that path to winning the game.
Speaker 1: You describe Okay, else, could you describe what happened?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 3: Speaking of showman, Uh, sometimes this guy Nick Westley tries to get on me for not being a showman, even though you know I took the Eagles this week. He tried to be cool and take the Rams. How'd that work out for you?
Speaker 1: There? You go unfair?
Speaker 3: And I already see while we're taping, and I'm trying not to focus on it, but there's there's been like seven texts between the Cincinnati Zoo.
Speaker 1: Phil is getting after Nick. It's just who knows not again? All right, let's take a break up and a shout.
Speaker 2: The late slate and that was the Sunday Drive presented by Toyota. Let's go places learn more at toyota dot com slash Grand Highlander. All right, we are back and uh light slate this week with six teams, so we just need a pinch hit appearance from Shook to handle a game from mile high.
Speaker 1: So let's talk a little Packers Broncos and then welcome in the pipe.
Speaker 2: Obviously two down territory even from the Packers forty six, A crowd on.
Speaker 1: Their feet making noise.
Speaker 17: Four man rushed Love in the pocket bounces around throws a ball deep down the field.
Speaker 14: That ball is in accepting e in accepting bite, and this one is going to end with the Broncos winning.
Speaker 1: A whole game.
Speaker 2: Jordan Love, down two points, had a chance to be the hero, but then stead he threw a balloon ball down the right sideline that was easily intercepted, the death low for the Packers in a Broncos nineteen seventeen win. The Broncos are now two and five, so they've kind of woken up a little bit the last few weeks, and the Packers now two and four and not looking very good. Yes, as I said, we now welcome in the pipe, Nick Shook. And by the way, I just realized Jay Feely is saying you piped it, which means like a perfect type of thing right in that case of kick, And now we have a perfect type of thing. A guess that handles game coverage, Nick Chook. Jordan Love is tough to watch, Bud right now?
Speaker 1: What is up with that?
Speaker 16: I'm also wondering what reverse pipe would mean in that with all that connotation.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but we won't go there.
Speaker 16: You know, they say the call, it's it's obviously two down, territory right, Not in Jordan Love's world, not where he wants to go be the hero and chuck one deep into what's essentially ends up being double coverage. I'm I am so frustrated watching him play because I've seen the potential and you saw it in this game too. He was bad Jordan Love for the first two and a half three quarters, and then all of a sudden they wake up.
Speaker 1: They string together a couple of touchdown drives.
Speaker 16: And you're like, well, you're figuring it out again, and then and then it ends in the same way like it's these Packers fans have to be just so frustrated.
Speaker 1: Now, great, they're spoiled.
Speaker 16: Packers fans have been spoiled for the last two decades by elite quarterback play. Welcome to gen pop, folks. This is what being an NFL fan and not being a fan of the Packers is. Unfortunately for them, another loss, another frustrating one.
Speaker 1: But hey, good on the broncos Man.
Speaker 3: They got another w It's funny that shook as much like Mark, a Browns fan who hated that the Packers had three decades of great I.
Speaker 4: Think I shook and I have dealt with some similarity. Don sas have, you know, the Jets fans and all the rest.
Speaker 3: Because I just I think with love he's got some good things. But at least the way he sees the game, like the way he sees defenses when like he's not seeing it yet.
Speaker 1: Maybe he will, but he's not seeing it.
Speaker 3: He is very often seems to be confused by what the defenses are showing him, even when it's the Broncos defense.
Speaker 1: Shook.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the Broncos defense that was ranking your dead last during the last two weeks, and suddenly maybe they're not that bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I was watching this game, and I actually had a couple of games on my slate today that we're pretty similar in that it was just two teams that you really don't know if they're any good, the other one being Accaneers Falcons, where I'm just like, yeah, these teams are basically the same, and either of them are going to separate themselves from the rest of the packers. That these two teams in Denver were worse than those two teams. It was just like the stats are very similar. They both ended up with one hundred and ninety four net passing yards.
Speaker 1: The door Man's Falcons Bucks game for the week.
Speaker 16: Yeah. Yeah, it's just it's rough to watch them right now. And when it's just tough, you know, on the Denver side, you gotta feel a little bit better about some of the stuff they did. You know, Russell Wilson not great, but he's still kind of making plays.
Speaker 1: He hangs out of the football too long.
Speaker 16: They did get a good contribution from the rushing attack, and their defense played better. But was it really like a litmus test of this defense is starting to come around or were they just playing the Packers who slept walk through three quarters of this game.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think it was an important game.
Speaker 2: Shook And tell me if you agree for Russell Wilson coming off two really poor games. If he had another clunker here, you might have started hearing some conversations about who's the quarterback of this team as we get closer to November. But did he do enough in your mind to just they won the game and they're not going to hear anything like that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I means statistically he was fine. Twenty twenty nine and a touchdown pass. It was a nice touchdown pass to Courtland Sutton. It's just a good read on a good route concept that beat the defense. But again, it's kind of some of what we've been seeing from him, which is you see the potential. There was that game against Washington like a month ago where they lit it up in the first half, and you're like, there he is.
Speaker 1: That's who he is.
Speaker 16: But it's just not consistent whether they're playing a good defense and they're struggling, and they're playing an average team and struggling.
Speaker 1: There just hasn't been a lot of separation there.
Speaker 16: So I feel better about him under Sean Payton than I did a year ago because they were completely lost a year ago. But and he moves better, he's faster to process and make decisions, but he's still Russell. He still tries to extend to play way too long, gets himself into some bad situations and they end up been a game like this where it's a one score game because neither team can get out of its own way, and then includes Russell Wilfs.
Speaker 4: Do you think like so, Matt Lafloor, It's hard to get like a real read on a coach when he rolls into a head coaching situation with a Hall of Fame quarterback for a number of years and they roll through the regular season.
Speaker 1: I think this is a sea.
Speaker 4: This is where it's like, we're gonna find out who he is and what and what he can do, and what he can do creatively to get out of a troubling situation at quarterback. Reallying up and down, like do you think he's what's your take on him at this point? You think it's a difference making to kind of coach or just a guy.
Speaker 16: Well, you know how they take pictures of presidents when they first show up in the oval office and then they fast forward either four to eight years at the end of their term and they've aged significantly. I expect that type of aging process.
Speaker 1: A bearded boy no more.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, look, he's a good looking guy, and I think he's gonna get a couple of wrinkles this year off this season because it's just so frustrating. But it's a product of being, you know, a coach of the youngest team in the NFL. You got a bunch of young guys who just don't have experience. You got a receiver goes and bails out his quarterback on a touchdown pass that should have been an interception if Romeo Dobbs hadn't tied up Patrick Surtain on a pass that may or may have not been an interception that was ruled in correctly should have been a pick. Yeah, y, And so he well, Flora's gonna have to overcome a lot of this stuff. He got frustrated with Luke Musgrave last week and chewed him out in the sidelines that everybody could see on TV. It's just gonna be a growing pains process that's going to age him a little bit and they're probably not going to contend for much of anything. But the hope is is by the end of the year that your quarterback makes enough progress. So to answer your question, Mark, I think he is the coach. I think he's done enough at this point to prove that he is.
Speaker 2: But it's just I think sometimes we all get sucked in a little bit. And remember all those camp reports that are glowing like this was going to be a seamless handoff.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a process.
Speaker 2: The Packers have been outscored sixty three to six in the first half of their last four games. And here is is I as we kiss off the pipe. Nope. The Denver Broncos had lost ten consecutive games when leading at halftime until today.
Speaker 1: That is one of the more insane. That's hard to do.
Speaker 2: I'll see you fans. That's a tough one. That's a tough one. But that streak goes by the boards. Nick I apologize for that comment, and we'll.
Speaker 1: See you next week. I'm gonna go figure out what reverse pipe means.
Speaker 2: Well, see you guys later, All right, later, buddy, All right, let's keep moving. Let's head to Seattle where the Cardinals were looking to stage and upset themselves.
Speaker 17: If histe the formation playfake two at this time, Gino's gonna throw quite.
Speaker 20: Down the same touchdown Shayhawks Jays and with the touchdown his first career score in the National Football League, Tyler Lockin picks up the ball.
Speaker 1: He's gonna save it for the rookie out.
Speaker 17: Of Ohio State twenty eight yards and a dart thrown.
Speaker 1: By Gino Smith. The Seahawks on the board. First day lead six times. Very nice Steve were able to call.
Speaker 2: Seahawks Radio Kenneth Walker the third ran for a bucko five and yes, Jackson Smith and Jigba and Jake Bobo nice year for Bobo. Both got first half touchdown passes, Seahawks take care of business twenty to ten over the one win Cardinals. Class sounds like a classic Marquee take care of business effort for Seattle. Maybe one of those old Milton Burrell games taken out just enough needed, very Milton Burlish.
Speaker 3: Yes, I you now had an abbot in Castello and Burroll reference, who are you out?
Speaker 1: Michael's hey all the way back? Maybe poor Al.
Speaker 4: You're right, though, it was. It really was take care of business. And I get at this point, I'm kind of like, all right, Cardinals, I get it. You're gonna do this every week. You're gonna hang around they've lost. No, I don't know, but it's like, no, but this whole thing about like like, so you are in this game in Seattle. I mean, this was not Seattle's shining moment because there were a series of drives in the third and fourth quarter where Seattle was sort of inviting the Cardinals to come on, make this thing close. It's seventeen to ten and Gino Smith gets intercepted at Arizona's one yard line. The next drive they're at thirty you at the Arizona two. They get nailed with a holding call, get stuck at a field goal, gott to punch it in there. Then next drive, Gino Smith fumbles the ball in Seattle's territory and they're lucky that Arizona misses the field goal there. So it's like Cardinals had a chance to get back into this, but their final six drives the Cardinals wore downs, punt, punt, that missfield goal. I mentioned downs, downs. I don't know how many times you can go out on fourth down here, but it's like they're not able to complete it. I think it's important that for the Cardinals, we didn't mention this on Thursday, that Kyler Murray's back in that twenty one day window, and it sounds like from the reporting from Rapaport and others that they are intent on playing him and playing him a lot and as soon as possible. So this conspiracy theory that I clung to to some degree that maybe we never saw Kyler Murray this season will not be true. And they do play hard and they do hang around. But Seattle, I think one thing that came away with this game. They have some young players that are really interesting. You mentioned Jake bobl guy can play like he made an incredible catch today, maybe the catch of the day league wide, and it's like this guy can do it. Like Devin Witherspoon, every game seems to blow someone's world up. He had a hit today that was maybe one of the most massive, devastating elements of contact that I've seen all season. And I just kind of dig these and I think on Thursday I wanted to see Jackson Smith and Jig but like show up, and he did today. You know, you didn't have DK Metcalf and these guys are making plays.
Speaker 1: So that's my hope for Seattle.
Speaker 4: They don't wow me as a team that's gonna knock people off in the playoffs. They're sort of just a team to me, but a better than average team.
Speaker 3: They didn't have DK Metcalf today. I mean, all these teams changed so much. The Seahawks have changed quite a bit for me already through seven weeks. I'm so much higher on their defense than I was a month ago. And I was wondering what they were going to do with Spoon because they had that crazy game on Monday Night Football where he was really only in the slot because Jamal Adams got hurt. And it's like, oh, Yeah, we're gonna leave him there. We're not gonna mess with him. We're gonna play the safeties around him. We're gonna let him be as close to the ball as possible. And they really have something there, and Wagner and Brooks are playing well together. And if they haven't had an above average defense literally for I think eight years, I think it was twenty fifteen, if they have a fun defense, then you can win games like this where look, they handled the Cardinals offense better than most defenses had this year, and then they got something where they could be pretty dangerous with enough weapons on offense too.
Speaker 2: Gino has been picked inside the twenty back to back weeks. That didn't happen at all with Seattle before the last two weeks, so he's got to protect the ball there.
Speaker 1: As we know.
Speaker 2: And I'll throw out one more nugget that the Cardinals mark did not cross one hundred yards passing until the fourth quarter, So Josh Dobbs, maybe that plays into a little bit of the team itching to get another look at their high paid supposed superstar quarterback on the men for acl.
Speaker 4: I will say Dobbs like in the last you know this season, but also what he did with the Titans at the end of last year. That's a nice way to carve out a five or six year career going forward like this is one of the better backup quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 3: The target, it sounds like for Murray would not be next week, week eight, but potentially as soon as week nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a deadline in play where you have to have him right on the field or he's done for the year. So it looks like it's trending that way. Before we get Sunda Night football, Let's close it out with a little Raiders Bears at Soldier Field.
Speaker 6: Left to right, five forty six to go in the ball game.
Speaker 1: Still, by time you get one Ryan Hoyer first.
Speaker 6: Out, it's out of the twenty five four man a rush.
Speaker 1: It's coming home, but Royer bros. Left hand, it's intershed up to Jenny Johnson. Goodbye baby.
Speaker 6: Twenty fifteen ten Bick six touchdown. There an exclamation point by a job well done by the Bears defense, his second career interception and his first touchdown. Lawyer's been staring left all day. Justin broke on it. It took it to the house.
Speaker 2: The Raiders went into the season, saying Brian Hoyer is our backup. Josh McDaniel said, though, but yeah again, you get what you ask. Yeah, Jalen Johnson with a pick six, Tyson beagent, nice job, three touchdown drives on the first half. Excuse me in this first start with Justin Fields out with that hand issue, and the Chicago Bears cruise to a thirty twelve win over the Raiders. The Raiders are three and four, but it feels like they're one and six. But they're three and four and the Bear has now improved to two and five. Greg certain corners of Twitter slash x, you know, chirping about the idea of is Beijing actually better for this offense than Justin Fields?
Speaker 1: You're gonna buy into that. Do you see anything in this kid?
Speaker 3: I thought he played really well today. I it wasn't about him, He didn't have to do that much, but he played like a guy who is gonna be in the NFL for nine or ten years. Job's thing you mentioned, Dobbs, Yeah, I mean, who knows what his ceiling's gonna be. This is a rookie playing his first start, undrafted rookie, but what he did was get to his second read more than once, not do anything stupid really the whole day and run and look comfortable.
Speaker 1: He's twenty one for twenty nine.
Speaker 3: One sixty two is nothing crazy, But I felt like, man, they might have something here when almost immediately when he scrambled on the third down where he goes through his reads, he gets the first down and then he's asking a moribun soldier field crowd.
Speaker 1: To give him some freaking lovey like just like he played.
Speaker 3: Like a confident young young player who was like not not at all, you know, cowed by the moment. He only took three quarterback hits, and yes that's partly because of the Raiders, partly because of the good game plan By gets to getting the ball out of his head, but it's probably because he wasn't holding on to the ball. So it looked like a functional offense today for one of the first times all year. I mean they've had they've been up and down, even with fields. They were putting up some yardage numbers. But it was a very good performance by Like the Bears happy for him.
Speaker 4: The Bear's defense has been such a disaster under Matt ebra Flus this season. Like, so I get you're playing the Raiders, who are you know, you're dealing with a backup quarterback and their their offensive lines got issues. Their running game is dead on arrival. So is it that or Chicago's defense sort of turning the corner maybe a little bit.
Speaker 3: They've been a little better certainly the last couple of Look, they have two wins by what was this by? By twenty plus points. I'm just saying the last cut this has been a little bit different. Remember I tried it out that that stat about the Texans a couple of weeks ago, that they have more seventeen plus point wins than the Vikings have had for the last four years combines. Well, now the Bears have too in the last two weeks. So, yes, the Bears defense played better, but they were helped out by Hoyer starting this game. Josh McDaniels is living in his fears. Starting him over O'Connell was insane. Why oh Hoyer was staring down receivers. He was begging for a pick six all day. He ends up with one hundred and twenty nine yards and two interceptions on thirty two attempts, and he was making the types of mistakes if O'Connell was making it the whole time, you're like, go, oh, that's a rookie. That's a rookie, just like locking into certain guys. Almost every pass he through was touched by a Bears defender. It was just like, is the Raiders it's DeVante Adam's going to make a contested catch? Or are they going to intercept the ball?
Speaker 1: Are they going to.
Speaker 4: Layers lost thirteen straight starts and what are you even telling your locker room?
Speaker 1: They shouldn't be playing.
Speaker 5: But O'Connell in there, like skeet let the young players.
Speaker 2: There's a great line in the final season of Succession. Actually, I think it's the last scene with Logan Roy the patriarch and the children at a karaoke bar I think in Chinatown, and he goes after they you know, they unload on the father, you know, because they want to have control of the company, and then he kind of just buries him and he goes, I love you, but you'll not see it people. And that's what I feel like the Raiders, and specifically McDaniels when he's making decisions like this, like you're not a serious head coach.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't get even invested in them. Right now.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know the moment? Well, they're gonna be on Monday Night Football next week. I think it's their last primetime game. But my god, it's line. It's Lines Raiders Monday Night watch US on Channel five in the UK. Uh Daniel Carlson kicked a twenty five yard field goal on fourth and you know, I think it was at like the six or seven, after a seven minute, fifteen play drive to cut the score to twenty one to six. You're like, oh, okay, well that must have been in the second quarter, maybe early thre No, that was the.
Speaker 1: That was in the fourth quarter. Logan, that was in the fourth quarter. It was twenty one to three, and he.
Speaker 3: Asked for a field goal and there were actually some Raiders fans that risk and I was like, you can't be serious. Jasse mcdoners are like, well it cuts into two scores. What about this game was gonna tell you that they were going to get down there to possibly score a touch on or that they would stop the Bears running game. The Bears, of course, probably went on a seven minute drive and put points up by themselves.
Speaker 1: It's just you're right, they're not as serious. I heard Greg going off about this this during the day in the news. This because I you know, because and attached. I have an attachment to Josh McDaniels. He was part of a lot of great moments. You know what.
Speaker 2: Yep, he might be have success yet in this league as an offensive coordinator. But this ain't a thing. Before we move on, I want to say, can we put you know, our producer? By far, We've had a lot of producers. It's turning into like a a good drummer from a spinal tap situation. The pop culture references are all over, spanning the decades, Greg forties, fifties, eighties, thousands. Let's take a look at Tyson Badgin when he got the uh the game ball. I mean Eric Roberts what I was gonna say, Eric Roberts is the most inked producer we ever had.
Speaker 5: Yes, by far, this is gonna that Sydney was closed.
Speaker 2: He was not since not since Age McCarn have we seen ink like this?
Speaker 1: Would you look at that?
Speaker 2: I mean, that is a lot of work and Eric, yeah, you're a man who's turned your body into a canvas to get that amount of work done on the breastplate and surrounding territories. That's gotta be you gotta have respect for that, right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about a little bit before. It's a lot of work.
Speaker 9: A full chess piece across the shoulder down to looks like at least the mid forearm, and it's a lot of like scripture, a lot of like it looks religious. But yeah, the breastplate is what I've heard, is probably the most painful. My brother has a pretty big American eagle brother across his chest, and he has a bunch. My whole family has a bunch. And he said that's the only one where he thought about, like tapping outude.
Speaker 1: He's got a prop engine lane on his I mean left.
Speaker 3: His dad is like the seventeenth time arm wrestling champion of the universe.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, they're built different.
Speaker 1: In the Beijing, you love it. He's pretty.
Speaker 9: He's brown out pretty hard in this video where the game ball backwards hat trucker hat and tatted up respect him though it was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I I don't, you know, don't let him win another game or else. Like the discourse in Chicago will just be a little too much. But I think we they I think we can have a nice story without making it like him or him type of thing.
Speaker 5: Do you do you have any tattoos?
Speaker 1: Stand?
Speaker 4: No, not like would you would you be could be be compelled to get one? I know Greg does No?
Speaker 2: I mean you guys too, You would turned into uh you know, like I'm in a biker bar when I step in here.
Speaker 1: Every time I look at you, guys, you have new.
Speaker 2: But uh uh no, I I've never had the urge quite not your body judgmental.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I hope you. I hope you have that opinion.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not no judging your way. I'm not saying that you should have them. I just didn't know. I've not seen your entire.
Speaker 1: It would I mean you knew it.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be shocking if Dan was like, yeah, I've got a Taylor Swift on my lower back, that would be But I.
Speaker 1: Mean it could be something else.
Speaker 2: No, nothing yet, but open minded if something really strikes me.
Speaker 1: Yep, good, All right.
Speaker 3: Shout out to that listener who had to heed the call, uh tattoo in a similar spot.
Speaker 1: Is matching me? You're right. All that photo.
Speaker 3: In London that was even the font I think was similar. I have like the typewriter fond he didn't go all caps like me. It's pretty similar.
Speaker 1: Did you a little annoyed actually sneaking like, hey, that's my ipe.
Speaker 3: No, we've seen for many listeners that have heed the call tattoos and I it's on one of the things that gives me like the most amount of joy in thinking about Chris seeing those out there.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Greg was not going to let you turn in that into something they're did so just a nice try that you're weird. The Sunday Night Football check it out.
Speaker 6: On three Hurts takes the gun, goes to game well, game well, spins.
Speaker 18: Pigs down not to be denied, jinny game Weell takes this thing off the left and he gets hit on about the two yard lines, but he smells paper.
Speaker 1: I spin, he keeps his balance and he's into the in jone like, that's what they call a cartwheel? He caught wheeled at the end zone. Is that a cartwheel? That was a cartwheel? Well, yeah, you know he's just about to say that.
Speaker 2: Merril reeson Mike Quick, we're a great batman and Robin there and then Merril comes in with the cartwheel.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a cartwheels like a Spinnerama, Spinnerama.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'll I could run with Spinnerama anyway. Yes, it was a nice short touchdown run by Kennethan Gainwell, and the Philadelphia Eagles use a strong second half to take care of business thirty one seventeen at home over the Miami Dolphins. So the Eagles moved to six and one, proving to three and zero at home and you know, putting some of that bad bad blood of the week six loss to the Jets to bed and Greg is a great finish for this team because after a pick six by Hurts in the third quarter, it's seventeen seventeen, and then Philly did what a true Super Bowl contender does against another big time opponent.
Speaker 1: They just took control.
Speaker 3: I think this was a major step forward for the Eagles to get this to five and one to six and one, rather because they checked a lot of boxes. Neither of these teams had really played quality opposition. If you look at the five wins the Dolphins had against soft teams. The one time they played another good team, they got smoked. Philadelphia comes into this game and they know they're catching the Dolphins at the right time. Zavian Howard is out, the offensive line is injured, they lose Isaiah Win right off the bat, and they looked like the better team. But I think it's a box check for Sean Decai, their defensive coordinator was just kind of learning on the job. Who comes up with a really good game plan. It's a box check for their defensive line. If you're gonna make all that money, let's get after the quarterback, who's the hardest to get after in the league.
Speaker 1: And they did.
Speaker 3: They hit him six times to a got rid of the ball quickly, plenty, but they got after him. And then Jalen Hurts, who's been a different player this year, but I think this game was emblematica that like, his highs are higher and he has way more lows. He already has more turnovers this year than he had all of last year. Whoa, but the highs are pretty damn special. And that that forty two yarder to A. J. Brown was great? The throw on the run? What was it on the third down? Was that also to Brown in the first half fort to DeVonta Smith, Like he made some really special plays in this game, and that was more than enough to get the win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a crazy stat about her. It's the ten turnovers versus eight. Yep, it's week seven. Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 2: You Another way to put it is he's been more inconsistent than a year ago, and tonight though he after that picks when the games looked like it could potentially slip away, the offense kind of put it together and took care of business. And I think this was a performance that on two sides, the Eagles where we're trying to figure out, you know, who they are and whether these issues on offense are serious issues or just a team that's still relatively early in the season and figuring themselves out with a new offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: On the Dolphins side.
Speaker 2: I think it's a very real it's a very fair thing to ask Greg that you know, there's no doubting that this is a special offense when things are humming. But once again, now it was to the Bills in Week four and now the Eagles here in Week seven when it was time to really ball out against a big time team, they don't really show up twenty points against the Bills, seventeen against the Eagles, and questions will persist about whether they are able to be the team they need to be when it matters against the opponents when they stepp But they got They got the Chiefs in two weeks, by.
Speaker 1: The way, in Germany.
Speaker 3: That's a big time game for NFL network getting one of the games of the year out.
Speaker 1: Then dust, it's not too late, schedule makers, look a flight.
Speaker 3: Look the Dolphins got twelve first downs in this game. Now, now they they are a team that gets a lot of chunk plays, and but tonight Sean Desaia, as they mentioned, did a good job even though they gave up a lot of throws over the middle. Tyreek Hill has along a twenty seven Cedric Wilson as a twenty nine waddle doesn't get anything over sixteen. They prevented the big plays. The Dolphins are unlikely to be one of the great offenses of all time. That's a ridiculous bar to go after. Can they be the best offense in the NFL this year? Like they can, But you need to be better than twelve first downs two hundred and forty four yards on a day where I know your Dolphins fans are gonna point out like, look, we're missing toront Armstead. News flash, You're always missing Toront Armstead. Like he's he's out for half the season. Every almost every season.
Speaker 1: Every team is missing key guys every week.
Speaker 3: And that's part of Armstead and then said win gets hurt and so can you work around it. I thought Tua made some really special throws in this play. I mean they could have been smoked in this game. It actually in a different scenario, like it could have not been closer. He had a great third and nine in the first quarter which saved them near the goal line. He also had a third and eighteen late in the second quarter which was just an absolute dime and they end up getting a touchdown right before the half in part because of that third eighteen, but he was not convincing otherwise. And to me, the biggest play of the entire game was he leaves one up for grabs that Darius slay picks off, just left it in the air too long. At first it looks like a touchdown. Then it very well could have been a pass interferre and so they got a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a linebacker just railroads the receiver.
Speaker 3: And then slayh intercepts it and it was almost like the official got distracted by the interception. But either way, just the timing was just a little bit off, and this whole thing of like to a MVP, it's like, you gotta play better in the bigger games, and he didn't play bad in this game, but they weren't enough. Like the best part of this game were the two Philly Lions. Like they've been the last two seasons, they are the dominant force in the NFC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a thirty eight who drops a gorgeous bucket pass TD to Tyreek Hill who runs through bracketed coverage and again it just showed with thirty nine seconds to play in the half.
Speaker 1: That just shows you how different he is.
Speaker 2: But Tyreek Hill also had a huge drop that would have been a back pocket touchdown that they lose that and then a blown up call by the officials on the next play, a no call on a fourth down pass turns.
Speaker 1: The ball over. Now they get the picks.
Speaker 2: Football gods step in and go, oh oh, pump the brakes. There pick six right after that, so things kind of get evened out there. But in general, yeah, that was kind of to me when I was thinking about the Dolphins. They just have to take their game to a higher level because they're built right now from a if you're someone who's doubting them, like you are gonna run up You're just gonna run.
Speaker 1: Up the score against these bad teams.
Speaker 2: But we're now seeing maybe a trend here of them getting punched in the mouth against bigger opponents.
Speaker 1: So you know, yes, the AFC was it though? The AFC East is it a little bit interesting? Oh, you were enjoying this one. You did not want your enough?
Speaker 3: What so the Jets so we got they got a break here by the from the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Your your buddies, The Patriots helped them out today.
Speaker 2: My buddies, the Patriots. Yes, they they knock off the Bills. So the Bills are now four and three. Dolphins fall, so they're five and two, and the Jets on by pick up a half game out both teams at three and three. Very interesting. I still, I mean, who is the favorite in this division? I guess I don't know. I guess Miami. I'm not shaken that much by This is a tough spot to go on the road on Sunday night. After the loss that the Eagles had, it felt like it was kind of stacked against them.
Speaker 1: With Armstead out, they could not get the running game going. At all.
Speaker 2: They had negative eight rushing yards the Dolphins in the first quarter, which is their worst since twenty thirteen. So in a lot of ways, it was kind of up uphill climb for them. A tough game. But I'm not I'm not hitting the panic button. Put it that way.
Speaker 3: I think the Bills are still the favorites, but they're one and two in the division with losses to the Jets and the Patriots, so it is a straight It is a strange season. The Dolphins have to feel good that they have a game, a couple games in the lost call or a game in the lost callum in hand. But they got smoked by the Bills. And an interesting thing happened today, just standings in general, including the Patriots. All these one win teams won dan The Patriots got their second win, the Broncos got their second win, the Giants got their second win, the Bears got their second win. So as you know, if you're the Bears, your hat, your loving life that you own that Panthers draft pick. That's a nice solid number one the Cardinals. But just big picture, like a lot of these teams at the bottom got win.
Speaker 2: Parody like a python around pray even tighter. It's grip on the NFL. Two last things for me, once again, the third and short, fourth and short set up for the Eagles is beyond flawless. I will say one thing and you listen to me. Eagles fans, Philadelphia people, sports fans who have a very it's very nice time to be alive in Philadelphia. Is a sports fan with the Phillies and the Eagles. You don't get it. No, it's not brother Lee Shove. You don't get it. I know you want it to be brother lyshev, but it's the toush push and you gotta live with that. That's the name that history will remember it by.
Speaker 1: You have you noticed this. They're trying to make it a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to change the name because they don't think that's a cool name, like brother Lee show Off.
Speaker 1: That's a cool name. You don't get it.
Speaker 3: I'd like that the NBC tried to split the difference in on the graphic tonight. They say they were four for four on the QB push play. It was like nobody wins there, that's but they were four for four. It's remarkable how many situations they are in like that. And you know they go for it. They had to take a time out because Sirianni changed his mind. Thought better if it was gonna punt it away in a one score game.
Speaker 1: Right, that was bizarre.
Speaker 3: Midway through the fourth quarter. Well, it's not that bizarre because they're on their own twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's not that much earlier.
Speaker 2: But the thinking going on in the NFL anymore, it's all data driven, right, But no one eighty two verse seventy nine percent win probability to go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I go for it.
Speaker 3: I disagree because I think thirty one other teams would have punted that, or maybe like twenty nine other teams. But because they have this superhuman play that could never be stopped. Uh, they do it and no one else can do it. Push push, It is the tush push. And then they go on these long drives. It's been an inconsistent offense, but man, they go on these long drives.
Speaker 1: I got another thing. You had a second thing.
Speaker 2: Well my second thing, real quick, is that No, you do your thing, and then I'll do one more.
Speaker 3: I just want Eric to look remind me who won the lockoff tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if the bad form by Sessler, like he said, he had he had something to take care.
Speaker 1: Of this morning.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, no problem, because it's a long season and we got different things in our lives. But I had forgot that there was a lockoff. You can't abandon your post. You can't abandon your post on a lockoff.
Speaker 3: No, And I mean he's a Bannon post in these lock standings. I think he's he's three back. He needed this?
Speaker 1: Did he do it? Was there more to it?
Speaker 2: Remember the Kaiser SoSE Sessler that we discovered in the draft few weeks back. Did he get bad vibes about how this game would turn out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Does that explain your opinion? He is not thrilled.
Speaker 3: I know from hearing from him even before this game started that he jumped out of his Browns lock never jump out of there. But maybe it was bald o't LII. You know he's not here for the lockoff and baldon't line I got.
Speaker 1: I have to say.
Speaker 2: I disgusts me to say it, but I feel like you're in a little bit of a groove in the locks right now, and I don't feel overly confident. In fact, I'm almost ready to kind of call oh, this is because there's no way at this point that we're going to catch you, because you're.
Speaker 3: Just this is like, oh, break out the locks playbook from Dan. It's like, once he falls two back, he breaks out this old canard, give me a break last one.
Speaker 2: And maybe this is me showing my age, But is it just me or all these eighties throwback uniforms better than all the current ones, like every team. I saw it with the Giants today, I see it with the Jets, I see with the Eagles tonight.
Speaker 1: They're just they're pretty, they're.
Speaker 3: Nice, wells are particularly beautiful. They're among my favorite uniforms in sports history.
Speaker 2: Tell me one rand that's been that's popped up recently that you're like, oh, that's that's not an upgrade over what they usually wear.
Speaker 1: The Patriots, pat Patriot that's better. Well those?
Speaker 3: How about those bumblebee uniforms by the Steelers. But that was like throwing it back to like the four. Now, that's that was ridiculous. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking Yeah, I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Those in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, it's you know, everything's cyclical. All right, that's good, Thank you everybody for checking us out. We have a big week coming up on around the NFL because the trade deadlines around the corner. So we're gonna have a special trade deadline episode with Mike Garaffollo, who says plugged in as anybody in the league, and some other fun coming up as well as more NFL plus goodness. We have our Game of the Week rewatch, which is going to be Brown's Cults.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a while though Cold.
Speaker 2: Sessler will be there for that. I bet uh so be there Monday. A lot of content and our Monday Night recap and news. Wow, we're busy. Heed the Call.