Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all.
Speaker 1: So given them the.
Speaker 4: Bus buss things.
Speaker 3: And by.
Speaker 2: Listening to.
Speaker 5: Show to.
Speaker 3: Joy, Yeah, Joy, you know what use you turn to turn the mouth turn You probably got to turn the mouth turn out a wad of the mony.
Speaker 1: Jud made me.
Speaker 3: Come come out your.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 4: Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man got a radio show because God is in a blessing business. I just happen to be a recipient. I just happened to got a couple of things right, and man, his grace and mercy carries you the rest of the way. All you got to do is get a couple of things right, and then his grace and his mercy will take over his favor, his love of you.
Speaker 2: It's already evident.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, because so many times we go along without even acknowledging him or conferring with him in our decisions, and we look up when we find ourselves in a predicament, and he always comes comes to the rescue. He always manages to show up. He's never too he's never one minute too late. And so in light of this today, I wanted to talk to you about something. It's another principle of success that I'd like to share with everybody this morning. And once again, these are not things that you don't know or you've never heard before. These are just reminders along the way. And one of the things you have to be conscious of is don't be afraid to change. Don't be afraid to change because change is coming anyway. See I have a theory, don't be afraid to change because change is coming anyway. You know, everything changes, nothing remains the same nothing, and change is inevitable. Now, you could participate in the change, or you can react to the change. Are you following me? You can participate in the change or you can react to the change. But don't be afraid to change because change is coming anyway. Now, what I mean by that is this, in participating in the change or reacting in the change, there is a difference.
Speaker 2: See, if you react to the.
Speaker 4: Change, that means the change has occurred and now you have to make the necessary adjustments to the change. Example, the boss walks in, you think your job is good, the boss walks in and hands you a pink slip.
Speaker 2: That right there, that's a change.
Speaker 4: Now you didn't participate in this change because you didn't ask for the pink slip. But now you got to react to the pink slip. Whenever you have to react to the change, it's an adjustment period. It almost throws you off. So change is going to come. It always does. You could participate or you can react. Or let's say your boss comes in and has you the pink slip, and you said, you know what I've been preparing for this day?
Speaker 2: Always knew nothing.
Speaker 4: Last forever, I've been working on the sideline, on the business idea I had, and I had or I had several other applications in around town. I was just holding off to see what was going going. So when they hand you the pink slip, the transition, the adjustment you make is a lot more smoother transition because now you just transition into your new business idea that you've been working on. Are you transitioned into the apps you already had in or the contacts you made the preparation for when the day they come in in hand you the pink slip. Well, Steve, what did they surprise you with it? This is just one example I'm giving you, So you know, let's let's not nick pick the message. So what I'm saying to everybody is, don't be afraid to change because change is coming anyway. So many people are stuck in a rut because of our refusal to change. I was hell bent on a certain thing going a certain way, and this is how it was gonna go. Well that I was thinking didn't really fit. Now in my own personal experience, this may not be yours, but in my own personal experience, the things that I've had the most trouble letting go of was something I wanted when I line myself up with the will of God to ask God what he wanted from me. You understand, those things came a lot more easy to me because it was in the will of God. It was what God wanted me to do too. Okay, see what you mean by that? Okay, here we go. When things were going wrong in relationships for me, what I did was the biggest mistake I've ever made was I attempted to fix what was wrong in my relationship outside of the relationship.
Speaker 2: Feel me.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm out there working my groove like I want to. Well, now, guess what, there's the cause and effect for all of that too. Your house ain't gonna get better.
Speaker 2: It can't.
Speaker 4: And then that lays room for some other things. And so now when the change come, guess what I got to react to it. Now, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta have a reaction to it. Had I lined myself up in the will of God, the transition may have gone differently. It could have still ended the relationship. But guess what, some of the pain I was in I ain't had to go through. I bought a lot on myself. Sometimes you're pursuing a passion of yours, and what God really wants you to do is pursue your gift. So now you're pursuing your passion, right, you're passion about golf. You love golf so much you just determine. But now you're messed around. You ain't made it on the PGA too yet, and you forty five still talking about I'm gonna play on the PGA Tour. Really, Okay, Maybe you ain't as good as this you think, or maybe you're not as gifted as you think. Maybe you're pursuing a passion. Sometimes, man, we have to change and we have to ask God what is his will? His will is much simpler. It's a simpler rule. Not going to be easier, it's simpler. See when I wake up. Now, it's simple for me to wake up because I know that are few things.
Speaker 2: That I have to do.
Speaker 4: I have to click this mic on. I have to be positive. I have to be inspirational. I have to be informative. I have to be uplifting. Got it, That's what he wants. All I got to do is sit down, close my eyes, ask God to help me be who he want me to be. And for the most part, he tell me what to say. Now, guess what he's done though, to create this in me. I went through enough things in my life. I had enough challenges. I made plenty of mistakes. So now at my age, I can turn around and tell somebody listening to me, Okay, this is what I did. This is a mistake I made. Maybe you see yourself in this story right here. Maybe you don't have to go this way. Or this is what I've learned about becoming successful. Here's a principle that I learned. But then, guess what I had to be unsuccessful to get it though, didn't I So you can't have a testimony without a test Change is coming, It's inevitable. You can participate or you can react. I much prefer to participate in the change. All right, let's go Morning show, ladies and gentlemen. I need one thing from you right now, your undivided attention.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I know that's gonna be hard because you're getting ready to go to work, some of y'all driving from work, some of y'all got to drop them kids off. So it's a lot right now to get your undivided attention. But just for a moment, did you say thank you?
Speaker 2: This morning?
Speaker 4: Did you tell God how much you appreciate the things He's done for you, the things he's doing for you, and the things that you're going through.
Speaker 2: Thank Him for all of that.
Speaker 4: Because at the end of the day, there's a lesson and a blessing behind everything, and God gonna give it to you.
Speaker 2: So just hold on, Just hold on, man, God is always on the way. Be grateful. This is Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 6: This morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody's showing this strawberry collar. The fu Rail of Mississippi. Monica, a junior government name kill due Deli wall space and the legend that is the growing legend of nephew Tommy's junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything at all on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Unc you know what, First of all, welcome back to be glad to have you back.
Speaker 3: Man, But.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this man.
Speaker 7: You know some people don't want to let their nickname go and they need to.
Speaker 8: Why is you fifty? You ain't what you used to be. I've been a dude over the weekend over in DC. Man, he said, Yeah, man, you know my name Darrel, but everybody call me Big Swoen.
Speaker 2: But it ain't nothing swollen bout you.
Speaker 7: It could be swollen, big swollen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know that?
Speaker 7: Like why people don't let their nicknames go?
Speaker 2: Because that ain't you.
Speaker 4: Well, as you get older, like you know, your name should change like Big Swoen. He probably like ought to be like Inflammation now or something like that. You know your name has to grow with your age. Yeah, you can't be Big Swoen when you just really need to go and be Inflammation. Give me another nickname, junior. Surey call it anybody and I'll tell you what. It wouldn't get older, you know, Doc nasty, Doc Nasty When you get older, it ought to just be just nasty. You know, you peeing on yourself a little bit, you know, you just take doc off of it. You're just nasty. Now, next, anybody, what.
Speaker 5: About what about our boy in l a big pe wee, big pee wee, see like that and pee wee too old to be called pee wee.
Speaker 4: Just gonna have to start calling him, No, he's older. It's okay, okay, okay, now, okay, I tell you what. Let's soften it then, okay, big pee wee. Let's just call him yearie because they got older. Now, anybody makes it skill it, skill it, skill it. Well, that's that's kind of that's an old name anyway, skill it. But you know, when you get older, what are you going to be?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Ye just have to call him fry? It's over dog fry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right?
Speaker 9: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew.
Speaker 1: Is he runs that prank back? Right after this you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 9: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his nep This is w C S.
Speaker 2: Jarlet w C S. This is wife correction Services.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of me and are won't you know they're not going to say it, but they would definitely like to use it.
Speaker 2: What wife, we say? What we won't say for you all day?
Speaker 1: Run we're not around. That's the proper place to say it.
Speaker 5: I whisper it. I make sure don't nobody hear me. Wife corrected service. Let's go, let's go get up.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hello, I am trying to reach George Police. My name is Marcus with w c S. Uh call and see if we can actually try to lend you our services. We understand that you're having a few problems and want to see if maybe w c S can bring a better life to you and you can have an exciting life better than the one you have.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 10: Who is it?
Speaker 2: We are with Wife Correctional Services, Sir, w CS.
Speaker 5: What it is is we take your wives for a couple of weeks and we reprogram them so that it's of course, you have to sign a waiver contract, but we take your wife and we repro round them so that they will act in a fashion.
Speaker 2: Of what you want them to act.
Speaker 10: Oh, okay, okay, whatever.
Speaker 5: See what it is that we've gotten some we've gotten some reports that you've been having some problems with with your.
Speaker 2: Particular wife and.
Speaker 10: Where you located at.
Speaker 5: We're here in Saint Louis, sir, Okay, and don't worry. We're totally confidential. This is not anything that's going to get out and and your your names are never submitted. First of all, here's here's something we can do. I can ask you questions because we've been notified that this is probably a service that you would probably want.
Speaker 2: Now, has your wife ever snapped on you in public?
Speaker 10: And snapped on me? I mean what I mean she My wife ain't crazy. She don't just snap on me. She might, you know, try to check me, say something. You know what I'm saying. She ain't just gonna snap.
Speaker 2: On me in public. So your wife your So your wife has tried to check you, is what you're saying.
Speaker 10: May not check me per se.
Speaker 6: I mean she might.
Speaker 10: She might not like something I'm doing and might say something about it.
Speaker 2: But we don't. Just basically, your wife is not in her place where she needs to be cold.
Speaker 10: I mean what you mean in her play? I mean she might say something, you know, I mean I might be doing something or you know, might be with my boys and might get out of control a little bit. She might just say something at the time, but she don't just try to all out check nobody. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I'll tell you what. Let me ask you this one.
Speaker 5: Have you ever just had some plans with your guys, We're gonna go out, and had to change your plans because your wife.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, if if like I'm just talking about hanging out and I ain't let her know or something, she might you know, be like, well, baby already had plans, you know, can't you stay home with the boys or something? But I mean nothing on the regular, you know, I usually do what I want to do.
Speaker 5: It seems like janial. Okay, here's another one, sir, Well, no listen, hear me out. Now, let me ask you this has your wife. Let's say, back when Michael Jordan was playing basketball, did you ever miss a playoff game on television because your wife wanted to watch something else?
Speaker 11: Nah?
Speaker 10: I man, we got two TVs in my house. Man, I wish now, I don't even get down. I mean I might have to watch the little TV, but I mean I usually watch it on the Big show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but you doing You've been pushed to watching the smaller television.
Speaker 10: No, I wouldn't push to do nothing. Man. What I'm trying to tell you is, I mean we compromised. We do fifty fifty in my house. I mean she might get the big TV to watch her stories or something, and I just had to go watch the little TV. A little TV, dude, go out of every once and see there we go. So that I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: You're with that. So you're with that. You're actually the one that's programmed, and you sa.
Speaker 10: Ain't nothing wrong with my wife, ain't nothing wrong with my family?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm undertand well, let me the reason why I'm asking you these particular questions is because someone has actually let me know the problems that are at hand in your household.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you. I got one question for you. Here's what I want to ask you. Has your wife ever cussed you out at a family cookout?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 10: Hold on, man, you know what you're getting a little personal man.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm here, I'm here to this company.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm up.
Speaker 10: I've never heard of you.
Speaker 2: This is something new.
Speaker 10: Is definitely saying something new. I mean, what don't make me be your guinea pig. Don't don't start calling me trying to get you know, referrals or clientele or whatever it is you're trying to do. Man, don't call me with this nonsense.
Speaker 2: Partner, and I completely understand that w C S.
Speaker 10: Sir is here to benefit you, no benefit to me, man, getting I'll look at my personal business oneer, what's going on in my household?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, last thing I want to ask you, and this is the last question I have for you.
Speaker 10: Make this the last straight up.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you do you do you buy your own clothes or does she buy the.
Speaker 6: To you know what?
Speaker 10: Man? This man, you, whatever company this is, don't call me now no more. And whatever put you up to this. Whoever give you my number talking about my wife? Checked me or got me under control? Got me on lock man? You telling him too? Don't call me no more?
Speaker 2: What are you are?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 2: Are you in denying?
Speaker 10: Now? Don't call him no more. I'm gonna tell you what, George Foreman or whatever Marcus for whoever you are, George Foreman, Marcus, Hey, I'm gonna tell you right now. I'm gonna find out what located dog I'm coming down there and I'm gonna push him as you're in my personal.
Speaker 5: So you're ready to retaliate on me, but you don't want to retaliate on the problems you have with your wife.
Speaker 10: Retaliation. Man, what I'm saying you you're calling my house. I'm minding my own and you're worrying about who are watching what TV? In my house? And my wife taking me in public? I want this man, Hey, don look, I'm telling you, sir.
Speaker 2: Don't you want to watch the big television?
Speaker 10: Big TV? Man? I'm comfortable with the TV I got. You know what I'm saying. It's in my room. I come here across the bed, watch whatever I want to whatever I want to be with my partner's dog. Matter of fact, you don't need to get parts you call it. Ask me.
Speaker 2: You know, dumb, what you want to do to me and your wife is already done to you.
Speaker 10: I say you got to damn, I'm a block. What's your phone number? Man, give me something, tell me where to find you.
Speaker 2: Why are you in denial?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna tell you what you need.
Speaker 5: To get your wife checked in to White Correctional Services so that you can live a better life.
Speaker 10: Whoever, Man, I need to get a life. Man, Can I get a life? Man? Stup calling me? Don for real?
Speaker 2: I understand that. Can I say one more thing that you say.
Speaker 10: You can't say to me? Man?
Speaker 2: Straight up listen to me, sir?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What what? What's his?
Speaker 2: Nephew?
Speaker 5: Tirey from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: You just got right by your boy.
Speaker 10: Justin you know what? Oh no, hey, hey, hey, okay, y'all got me? Man?
Speaker 2: What is the baddest radio show in the land. You already know?
Speaker 10: Is you my boy Steve Harvey doing in the morning on the Steve Harvey Morning Show partner, thank.
Speaker 9: You nephew coming up next to his ask the clo or chief Love Officers, you're listening hard morning show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, Steve Harvey and family attended the Grio.
Speaker 1: Awards over the weekend.
Speaker 9: Jay Z responded to the online debate of having lunch with him or taking half a million dollars plus. We'll talk about this year's trendy Halloween costumes. That's all coming up, but right now it is time to ask the clo. This one's from Joy in Chicago. Joy says I was picking out new cologne for my husband because I don't like what he wears. The girl behind the counter saw my husband's name on the amex and asked to see my ID. She said she didn't know Ted was married. And I told Ted what she said, and he said, it's no big deal.
Speaker 1: Am I reading too much into it?
Speaker 4: Why is she saying to you, I didn't know Ted was married. She might not even know Ted. This could be a totally different tad. I mean, I don't even understand why she would say that I didn't know Ted was mad.
Speaker 1: She's acting like she knows him though, like he buys cologne from her. Oh what I want to see? What would you just said, Carl, don't worry about it. I can't say it on the radio.
Speaker 8: Yeah, asking about my MX, my husband's MX didn't know he was married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just need to ring this up idea to Ted when I get to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ted, who is this.
Speaker 2: Hell of down here at this cologne?
Speaker 4: Kind of talked about she didn't know you was mad? Baby, I don't even know who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on here comes to help, not for.
Speaker 4: Real, but really, I mean, how does he I mean, that's weird though for her to bring that up, and how often can he go in there to buy damn cologne?
Speaker 1: And what's the purpose of her saying really right? And how she knows trying to start something I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know tell it was man, well you do now? Yeah, yeah, blanket, and I didn't know you can all right?
Speaker 9: Moving on to Talia and Nassau or Teliah and Nasau, she says, I'm having a birthday party for my four year old, but my child's father isn't coming because his wife does not want to come. I told him I don't care what his wife does, but he should be there for his child. His wife told me I'm out of line?
Speaker 1: Am I out of line?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know why to win mad because the ex this is his ex wife wanting his man to come to his son's birthday party?
Speaker 1: Yeah or baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And now okay, surey.
Speaker 1: Why did he say he couldn't come because his wife doesn't want to come?
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody invited? Huh do with the birth that they are the party?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: So yeah, but then the ex set I don't care what your wife does, but you should be here for your child, which is true, I mean true.
Speaker 4: It's your child's birthday. If your wife don't want to come, she don't come. But you should go for your son.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know she got every right not to want to come.
Speaker 4: I can understand the wife not wanting to go to his son's birthday party and his exes throw it.
Speaker 2: I got that, okay, But I think I still think the guy should go. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 9: Well, the guy's wife told her that she was out of line for asking, I guess, and she wants to know.
Speaker 1: Is she out of line?
Speaker 4: No, she ain't asking. She ain't out of line for asking him. Why would he come to see his son?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, it's important to show up for your kids for stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it shapes them, Okay.
Speaker 4: To show him how to be a daddy, though, I mean, damn man, hey, but let me tell you something though, Man, I'm still paying for Winton. I didn't know Winton. One time he had a show and tell and they had made a chair at his school, a gold chair for the king to come and sit in, and it was for me that day, and I didn't know, and for some reason I was I had to get on the plane and leave went and bring that up once.
Speaker 2: A year.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Yeah, matter what, the conversation.
Speaker 4: Is made that gold chair at the school for you, and you had to get on a plane and go somewhere.
Speaker 2: I was so hurt. Go in there and drive a car bought you? How about man? All right?
Speaker 9: Moving on to Felix and golf Court, Felix says, I have a big problem with my girlfriend, and I'm beginning to think that she's more advanced in the bedroom than I am. She's twenty seven and I'm thirty four. But she knows all the tricks. What did be wrong to ask her how many men she's been with?
Speaker 1: Is that rude?
Speaker 2: Hey? Brother, let me tell you something. You don't want that. You don't want to know this. You don't want that dog. You don't want that, you said, do it now?
Speaker 4: The maximum number any woman should say is three three, Yeah, the first one, your last X and this current. That's all you should say. Now here, bruh, let me tell you what. Let's just say she say one?
Speaker 2: You go get your feelings hurt either way? How many you been with?
Speaker 4: With?
Speaker 2: Just one? Well? How you know all this? You need to ask him now? Because he knew everything.
Speaker 4: I mean, we was just Lord, have mercy he was just he the best I've ever had see either way, Dog, you need to go sit your ass down.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, he's feeling a little insecure in the bedroom.
Speaker 5: And he is.
Speaker 4: He's inadequate. He's not doing Every time he thinks he doing something, she say, Okay, we'll watch this. How about this here? Nice try? Oh okay, okay, okay, but let me show you this stuff.
Speaker 1: It's a competition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And Dog, would it be wrong of you? I don't think that's a smart thing to do. Man, enjoy your relationship, make it work, and thank god you got it, because Lord have mercy. But some people just don't know how to shut up and enjoy theirself.
Speaker 1: He's got bigger problems anyway, trying to please her.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you need to get your game up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what he should be worried about, all right, Steve last One, Angelique and Jacksonville Rights. My boyfriend and I slept together for the first time and he didn't kiss me one time. We've been dating for four months and I expected passionate love making, but he didn't look me in the eyes or kiss Does that mean he doesn't care?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Well? It's a lot going to that first time. You're trying to hang on.
Speaker 4: You're trying to make an impression, you know, all that kissing, an eye looking, all that takes. So that take moments away and then we get caught up in it. Next thing you know, it's over. So what you try to do is put your mind, get focused on what you're doing, so you can stick around a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just you just all that looking in your eyes and all that.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 7: What's wrong?
Speaker 4: Had to bring about the conclusion a little bit too quick, all that eye looking, kissing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: He don't need no extra stimulation. He just try to hold on. Yeah yeah, he'll have to add that later on, like round two.
Speaker 2: You can do that. First round though, you got to try to sustain.
Speaker 9: So you ain't just you know, because they waited for four months and she was really expecting, you know something.
Speaker 1: You can't do to be like that if you don't. All right, he's just trying to hold on. All right, Thank you, Cela. Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news.
Speaker 2: For you right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: All right, So, Steve, you were honored at the Grio Awards this past Saturday night in Los Angeles. Your beautiful wife Marjorie, your daughter uh and your son Wynton, your daughter Laurie, they were also there supporting you, and the Harveys were dressed fly all over the gram. So just tell us about it, Steve, tell us about it.
Speaker 4: See, you know, good dresses though, so I can't really you know, if you stand next to Marjorie. That's why I had up my game because I kept I got tired of looking like the pole person next.
Speaker 2: Who this lotchys dude next to that?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Marjorie styles herself and of course Lloyd got that from her mama. Winton he got that from his daddy.
Speaker 1: So Winton hat they broke some winton ate boy.
Speaker 2: He was so fly. His swag gone. Winton tell them all time him. Do any of your shirts have buttons on him?
Speaker 5: You don't.
Speaker 4: Black tie tied? He tied key wording tie. I don't say nothing, no, man, but it's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: It's people.
Speaker 4: Look anyway, it was a great night. It doesn't air into next November twenty.
Speaker 1: Five Thanksgiving weekend, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yep, Okay, see you now and I want to see it. Yeah. Hey, the game on at our house.
Speaker 1: You're watch You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Cut this game on Detroit right Detroit.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys look like looked good? How was How were the Grio words? What can you tell us?
Speaker 2: It was dope?
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: The room was the room was.
Speaker 1: A start studying, really really good man.
Speaker 4: You know, I hugged some people man, I hadn't seen in a long time, Smokey Robinson al Sharped and Jeff Clanigan from Cold Black, Kevin uh.
Speaker 2: Ken Heart, Yeah, Denzel lit Man. That room was lit. I sat next to Tom in Hall nice. It was just the room.
Speaker 4: The room was lit, man, it was really really great, great, and you know it was. It wasn't any jealousy. You know, it's like you know some award shows, because you know you got to sit there and the nominees are no just just you win.
Speaker 2: They're honoring you that.
Speaker 1: The Icon award, right, Stee, you got the TV Icon Award.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize it. Man, over three decades you didn't realize it. You know that's crazy, man. I mean I've had my head down so long, grind and I looked up. I didn't even realize. Man, they was they was announcing stuff. I was going, now, yeah, damn, you know. It just gave me a lot of love.
Speaker 2: Man. It was just it's amazing to when you look at Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's nice and everything. Congratulations. So how was Denzel what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: And he asked about you too? Yeah? Yeah? He said, Hey, Steve, Shirley doing I said, what's she doing? Fine?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Tell her? I said, you know, give me a car sometime. And I said, I'll tell her that. L Yeah, give him a call.
Speaker 4: Sheiry, No, no, Sheley. He said, tell Shirley, give me and I'll be looking. He said, hey, Steve, give give her my number and have her called me. So I'm gonna give you his number. He said, car and he said keep it on the load though.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right.
Speaker 9: In other entertainment news, remember not too long ago, there was a question, oh.
Speaker 2: Let's not blow by that last statement. I may he said, keep it on the load.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: She didn't say I can't do that. Now, I'm like, you don't say nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to respond to that. No, no you will, Okay, we're talking about bleak. Don't like blues, right, not like and other entertainment news.
Speaker 9: Remember not too long ago, guys, there was a question or debate on social media about would you take half a million dollars five hundred thousand dollars or have lunch with a billionaire hip hop mogul himself Jay Z.
Speaker 1: Remember that when that was going around.
Speaker 9: Well, recently jay Z sat down with Gail King and take a listen to his response to that question.
Speaker 4: If you had a choice between getting paid five hundred thousand dollars in cash or lunch with jay Z, which would you choose?
Speaker 6: You gotta have got to take the money. What I'm gonna say, yep, everything Now I'm gonna.
Speaker 9: Say only because people say, of course you take you take lunch with jay Z because the wisdom that you would get from him would would be so beneficial to you.
Speaker 7: They would only be a matter you would take the money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you got them. You got all that in the music for ten ninety nine.
Speaker 1: That's that's a bad deal.
Speaker 6: I would say, I wouldn't tell you to cut a bad deal, Like I don't take the five hundred thousand. Go buy some albums and listen to the albums.
Speaker 1: It's all there.
Speaker 6: If you if you piece it together and really listen to the music for the words, but what it is, it's all there yield Jack Wow.
Speaker 9: So Junior and Tommy, would you, guys take five hundred thousand dollars half a million dollars in cash or would you take a private one on one mentoring dinner with Uncle Steve.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna eat with no damn Steve until I got five I can get. He already got half of me. I'm gonna take the money mich for free. So you're not gonnay no wow. I'm not gonna podcast five hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 9: That coming up in twenty minutes to the hour. How many people has the average American had sex with? We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 2: We feel the live about it.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: Well, guys, there's some spicy new research revealing where in the world people are having sex having the most sex, and it's not here in the United States. The Global Promiscuity Index from nap Lab shares which countries residents are the most sexually liberated. To come up with their list, nap laborted countries on the age people lost their virginity, the average number of sexual partners, residents have rates of sexually transmitted diseases, percentage of people who think sex before marriage is morally acceptable. So the average American has sex with about ten people during their lifetime, Steve.
Speaker 1: I know you say we should say three.
Speaker 9: But the average American has sex with about ten people during their lifetime. And the US has been named the fifteenth most promiscuous country in the world. Brazil, Turkey, and Australia topped the list as the most promiscuous countries.
Speaker 1: Uh, and the most sexual partners.
Speaker 2: So most most.
Speaker 1: You thought you would think it.
Speaker 9: Would be the US, maybe in the top five or the top ten, but no, they came in the number fifteen.
Speaker 8: Did you say, did you say, surely the average America has ten partners?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten partners during their lifetime.
Speaker 7: Just seven people owe me.
Speaker 1: You want to do them here?
Speaker 8: Well, I need to just hear from you who only send me. I'm married now, but it's seven people that owe me.
Speaker 1: So you stuck to Steve's rule of three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sticking to it.
Speaker 1: That's so wait so step.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just cos.
Speaker 8: Y'all think Steve was telling y'all that's it. I need to see the other seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: So what what is the rule?
Speaker 9: I mean, who knew that Americans were so prudish? Were such prudes? What is the rule on sharing your body count? And is it higher than the average on this survey? You're awfully quiet, sir.
Speaker 1: Tommy completed fifth, I've been in court? Is it more than three? More than ten?
Speaker 10: Three?
Speaker 2: Is three?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 1: They say the average American?
Speaker 2: I'm a lower average. It's three.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey he with me.
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 7: Why are you so quiet?
Speaker 1: Listen to a bad line?
Speaker 2: And we can't ask y'all these questions? Okay, all the answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure you can.
Speaker 2: What's the answer, Steve blowing out, breathing all in your life?
Speaker 1: Yes, the average American? Tim Martiners in a lifetime.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thanks for having Well, I get to heaven. We're not discussing this. I'm coming up in.
Speaker 1: Thirty four minutes after the hour.
Speaker 9: We're gonna check your voicemail Steve at eight seven seven twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Steve, if we said we're talking about heaven, right.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hardy Morning Show. It is time now to check Steve's voicemail.
Speaker 9: And if you would like to leave a message for Steve, all you have to do is call eight seven seven twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Steve. Can I just hear your call on the air? You ready, Steve?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yes, this one is from a guy who needs some relationship advice.
Speaker 11: Good morning, mister Harvey, Morning morning crew. If someone who you were in relationship with the relationship ends, you constantly watching them getting blessed and it just infuriates you how no matter what they do, they're always blessed. But mister Harvey, you have shared in times past that your father would say to you you either get over or thy mad? Is it some in between stots between? I can't believe they're always getting blessed and getting over to avoid dying? Man, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: You're suffering from a couple of things, envy, resentment, and then it's obviously somebody that broke up with you all and you are it wasn't what you call it mutual, and so what you're dealing with is now okay, So how this person over here something always good? The real reason that a lot of good stuff is happening to them is because they ain't with you no more.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's the real reader.
Speaker 4: You were blocking the blessings of this person or that person was blocking the blessings of you, and now you're getting it. And now there's a resentment. And people do it to themselves all the time in relationships, break up with somebody else, like an old saying, is the finest woman in the world? Is your ex on the arms of another man? That's an old folks saying. And so you have that resentment. But then you gotta also look at it was may If this is a person who left you who's doing extremely well, then you was to hold up. And if it's you that's doing well and they sitting on their resentment, then she was to hold up. And you just got to get over the hold up, man, because if you keep looking back at the hold up and all of that, you never look forward and get what your blessing could be. Because you got a blessing and the breakup too. All breakups has a blessing for both parties. But you got to get your eyes on the windshield and get your eyes out the rearview mirror. I say that all the time. You can't drive your car looking in the real view mill. Stop worrying about what she got, don what she got. She gonna get and she probably got it because you ain't with her no more. Hum.
Speaker 2: That's a hard one to face here, it is, yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Somebody doing better in a new relationship than they was doing in the old relationship. It is because the new relationship is better than the old relationship. Ain't no need of you now. You're gonna get over that because it was you. Dog just gone all right, Steve.
Speaker 1: Another call.
Speaker 9: This is from a longtime loyal listener of the show, left a message about yesterday's show.
Speaker 1: Take a listen, good.
Speaker 12: Morning, see time at Junior Shirley and miss alleged herself miss caller for real. List See, I've been listening to y'all for a long time, so many years that I can't even remember when I first saw thisten to y'all. Let me tell you this, Yeah, for a long time. The funniest thing I ever heard on your show. What the story you tell about when you was at that guy house in the bathroom and you messed up on her house. But boy, that damn nephew and y'all, boy, let me tell you this is him when there's fool told the story about how you used to see him hot Dog water and caught his soup from the time he was fined to the time he was twelve, and when he found out at twelve that it wasn't when this fool, say, he went to the party with the kids and they was eating hot dogs, and he asked that little white boy, what y'all gonna do with the soup? Boy, I like to wreck my truck, this big tea. How to come up in South Carolina? Drive these something up and down this highway. Boy time they almost called a major accident in Tennessee when he told that story right there.
Speaker 10: But hey, I love what y'all do.
Speaker 11: Keep on doing what y'all do. But y'all make my morning.
Speaker 12: God bless y'all, and I love you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was two favorite story. That's good, man, Yeah, that's good. That's like them prank phone calls. That damn uh lester sitting on the head of that bed Raymond in the closet.
Speaker 2: Yeah classic.
Speaker 1: But Tommy talked about the hot dogs yesterday. He still kind of traumatized about.
Speaker 2: The hot dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's all right, though, you know, he didn't need to know how I needed all both of them hot dogs.
Speaker 9: So taking of the nephews coming up next, the prank phone call right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 9: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is get on in here and work.
Speaker 1: Yes, you heard her, all right, get on in here and work is the subject.
Speaker 9: We'll get into that in just a little bit, because right now it is time for the nephew and today's Frank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got for us?
Speaker 10: Nat?
Speaker 5: That's right here, Shirley, is conference call. Conference calls. We're find to get quite a few people on the line. And guess what I'm find the fire.
Speaker 2: Everybody conference everybody? Hey, hey, hey, ain't something else keeping nobody conference?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 4: This is Hannah.
Speaker 2: Hither.
Speaker 11: This is Frank checking in. Hey, Dove it here on the line.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, how's it going? All fine?
Speaker 10: What's that?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 6: I think we're waiting for one other person?
Speaker 10: This was that one in a second?
Speaker 5: Hello Sherman Sherman Davis, general manager's assistant. How you guys doing everybody here?
Speaker 11: Hey Sherman, Yeah, I ain't doing fine? Hello Sherman.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, guys, we got let me make sure we got everybody here? Is Hannah here?
Speaker 6: Yep, Hannah's here. How's it going?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 12: Frank yep, I'm on the line.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right?
Speaker 2: Good good good And David yep, I'm here all right, but man, good deal, good deal. All right.
Speaker 5: Got some news for you guys. I need you guys to just bear with me for a second. I'm getting all the paperwork in. My assistant Cynthia is here, so you guys just give me a second. I'm gonna put you guys on hold for a second and I'll be back probably less than thirty seconds. Okay, all right, okay, we'll do.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Cynthia. Can you bring me all of the stuff on these three guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, today is supposed to be they're on hole right now, but today's day that we're giving them their severance packages and letting them go, and they'll be out of here probably by tomorrow morning. They're clearing their things out. They don't know it yet, but we're gonna at least give them their SEVENCE packages today.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: You know, they put it on my shoulders to break the bad news, and somebody's got to do it. So it's my job today, all right, so bring it to me and get it here here as soon as possible so I can hurt him, get past this conference call?
Speaker 2: All right? Hello?
Speaker 3: Did all right?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 2: Sherman? Yeah, I'm here. Guys.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you never put us on hold?
Speaker 10: No, so are you about to fires right now?
Speaker 2: What are you talking? Wait a minute? Okay, hang on, hang on, hang on, guys? What what? What? What's going on? What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 11: We're asking you what's going on? We just you didn't put us on hold?
Speaker 9: We just heard all that.
Speaker 11: Yes, separate packages.
Speaker 10: What I heard.
Speaker 11: I heard you're letting us go.
Speaker 10: Oh, Sherman, maybe you were talking about some other people.
Speaker 5: We hey, guys, hang on, everybody, just calm down. Just give me, give me a second here, hang on, just let me let me. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 10: What is going on?
Speaker 4: Did you we hear that?
Speaker 11: Okay? You all heard the same thing. I don't know what I heard that.
Speaker 2: I was talking about, Cynthia. How do I it up? Is this is this the whole button? Here? This is it? Right there? We go?
Speaker 5: They can hurt everything. No, they just they said, you can't asking me right now. I'm doing what he's telling me to do. This. These three are supposed to be let go by the end of the day. I mean, I gotta do it, but it looks like the severances nobody can live off of this for even three freaking months. I already know that this this is really yeh oh, all right, so look, bring me everybody's stuff. Let me at least after lunch they all come in here and pick up their things.
Speaker 2: That's all I can do. Okay, is this the right button here? Okay, hello, it's not.
Speaker 11: The right button. We what I'm hearing. I've been with us.
Speaker 2: I've been with us for five years.
Speaker 12: All right, I'm not I'm not let you down for a quarter, the company down for a quarter.
Speaker 9: This is this is ridiculous.
Speaker 11: I cannot believe this.
Speaker 1: And I'm on travel right now, so how am I going to come and get my things?
Speaker 12: But it's nothing.
Speaker 9: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: This is how you're gonna let us know.
Speaker 11: This is unprofessional, this is trash.
Speaker 10: I cannot believe you.
Speaker 11: If you don't need a lawyer, I have someone, I have contact.
Speaker 2: We can talk.
Speaker 5: But honestly, Shrevin, this is this is this is unaccessible. Let's not do the whole lawyer thing. Guys, Okay, let's not do that, all right. Now, people get let go from companies. People get let go all the time.
Speaker 2: And you guys know this is let go on a conference.
Speaker 11: Call with other people. What are you This is ridiculous.
Speaker 10: You're giving a personal business.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, that's true.
Speaker 9: You're giving a personal business to another.
Speaker 11: Exactly.
Speaker 10: It's not a hole yet.
Speaker 11: You cannot be doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, email me that lawyer's number for sure. Yes, I will.
Speaker 11: I catch you on a two David. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I didn't I didn't try to for you guys to learn it this way, all right. I'm okay, let's just say I'm not good at the conference.
Speaker 2: But I don't know how to put any call.
Speaker 11: This is not a good message.
Speaker 2: It's not This is not a perfect professional messaging. In fact, this is.
Speaker 11: I'm mortified.
Speaker 12: I cannot believe this. My lifelo, this company, this is decided employees.
Speaker 5: So it is. It is.
Speaker 12: It's absolutely right.
Speaker 11: It is illegal. This is illegal. Yep, yep, I will.
Speaker 3: I'm writing this story.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, come on, what do you mean you're recording it? What did you what are you recording for?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm recording this call.
Speaker 12: Can you'll tell me that recording, David, I will do it.
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't consent on being recorded. I want that known man.
Speaker 12: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, can I can I ask you guys something? Do you? Guys? Are you familiar with your coworker named Barry Dillard?
Speaker 11: Yes, you don't have to answer this very fired too.
Speaker 12: How are you gonna tell him?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you what's going on. Barry told me to call you. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morty Show. All three of y'all just got praying by your co worker Barry Dylan.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm going to have a heart attack recorded that this.
Speaker 9: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Here y'all.
Speaker 5: Nobody has lost their job, Hannah, Frank, David. Nobody has lost their job. But your co worker Barry Dylan got me the prank phone call. All right, so everybody's got the job.
Speaker 3: We good.
Speaker 2: Oh we're gonna have to get very back.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all got to tell me this. What is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 1: Let me hear it clearly.
Speaker 10: Man, we're on the Steve Barber Show.
Speaker 2: I know you have no need for any praising worship. I don't need it today.
Speaker 1: I don't need you're taking the day off from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't need it today. You know need something. I'm on them on Mondays. I kind of needed to get myself going, you know. But I'm alright. I'm alright, And you know why I'm alright because guess what.
Speaker 5: I'm damn near soul out Birmingham, Alabama, Baby start don nephew there this weekend Magic City Classic Friday, Saturday Sunday. Got a few tickets left. But that boy doing real good, Yes he is, Yes he is, and laying in the cut. Well, I got laid in the cut. I got Syracuse, New York Funny Bowe. That's Friday and Saturday, November tenth and eleven. That's what's laying in the cut. Also in the cut seventeenth and eighteenth of November, I will be in Virginia Beach Baby, Virginia beach Man, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Syracuse, New York Funny Bone. My very first traveling gig.
Speaker 4: I was in the car with six comedians from Cleveland to Syracuse, New York. Wise guy, yoah, something money man about it wasn't that far self, kiss me Rise gots how far I need?
Speaker 9: VI?
Speaker 2: It was six of a cent of car? What kind of car? Y'alls in at the here'll see ye had I had to have put bags there right? Well you look at it. Yeah, we're going up and do this show and come back. What you're talking about bags? Oh, same day? No hotel or nothing, No nineteen eighty five hotel.
Speaker 4: The car was their hotel. You mean I need, I need all kinds of stuff. Six people. By the time everybody drive a little bit, we'd be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This car got to keep moving. Yes, yeah, you can sleep when it ain't your turn, right, Wow.
Speaker 9: All right, thinking of you. Coming up next. Strawberry Letter for today. The subject is get on in here and work. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 5: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry letters.
Speaker 9: Thank you ne for you subject. Get on in here and work. Dear Stephen Shirley. I recently moved to the big city and I was hired on the spot by this dirty old man that I ended up having sex with. He's married and he has a girlfriend on the side, and then he has me. I've been working under him for only three months and I have already been promoted, so my co workers are wondering if.
Speaker 1: I am sleeping with this man.
Speaker 9: I mention it to him, so now he treats me like crap in front of everyone. He yells to get on in here and work while I'm out having a cigarette behind the building. If I am at someone else's desk, he tells me to stop chit chatting and get back to work.
Speaker 1: I told him that I hate the.
Speaker 9: Harsh treatment, and he thinks is okay to joke about it when we're intimate. Last night, he walked into my bedroom and yelled for me to get on in the room and get to work.
Speaker 1: He thinks this is sexy talk, and I told him that it's not cute.
Speaker 9: I'm afraid he will fire me or treat me even worse than he does now in front of my coworkers if I stop sleeping with him. He's a white man, so the black men at my job try to defend me against him. And this man is not only giving me lots of money to get my house together, he's given me lots of mind boggling sex. This old man is putting it down and he's keeping me entertained for now. I was in a bad relationship before before I moved, and my new boss has made me forget about that guy. But how long can we keep this up?
Speaker 1: I should not have.
Speaker 9: Started sleep with him. How do I break away without him being really mean to me? Do you think I can reason with him?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: The first line, the first thing in your letter you should listen to. You should not have started sleeping with him. But it's too late now, of course. And what you got to do is start looking, and you know what I mean, start looking for another job today.
Speaker 1: You got to get out of there, and that's it.
Speaker 9: You created this situation for yourself, and now you got to get yourself out of it because this is going nowhere. I mean, yeah, Okay, he's giving you promotions and money, but look.
Speaker 1: At what you have to go through to get it. You're scared all the time.
Speaker 9: He wants to laugh about it later while you guys are having sex, but it's not funny to you and he doesn't get that. So clearly you know you've made a mistake because now you're worried about getting fired and you don't like the hurtful things he says to you in front of your co workers.
Speaker 1: The brothers in the job could lose their jobs too.
Speaker 9: Were get in trouble because they don't like how he talks to you, and they're standing up to him in your defense. So this is just a big old mess at the job, and before it gets really out of hand, you need to put an end to it, get out of it and leave. Now you could gamble and threaten to tell his wife and his girlfriend and all that, but you could still get fired or worse, So I would say leave, Steve.
Speaker 4: Well, well, well, you know it's so much to unpacking this letter that I want to say to this girl. I'm gonna say it all, and I know y'all gonna feel some kind of way about what I'm saying, and all this here but sometimes you just got to say what it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: This whole thing, first of all, is your damn fault. So now you know, I mean, I don't know what to tell you. You said, did Steven Shirley? I moved to the big city. Now right here, little country ass girl, until I asked where you go? Oh you don't want up to Charlotte? Now, oh oh oh, you was down there white sofa. Now you have moved on up to Charlotte. Or you was down there and you're old. You was down there in Apple Creek. Now you'd have moved up to Richmond. Woo oooh that big city now, oh yeah, oh here, Oh, your ass was down in the Peach Street corners. Now you have moved all the way up to Lanta. Oh Lord Jesus, the deal is so tall uphill. Okay, I was hired on the spot by this dirty old man that I ended up having sex with. Wait a minute, what yeah, wait a minute, you're rushing through this letter.
Speaker 2: What was you left out so much?
Speaker 4: You moved from this big city, you met this dirty old man that you ended up having sex with. Okay, your self esteem is low. He's married, he got a girlfriend on the side, and he got me.
Speaker 2: Damn he signed up for that. Huh.
Speaker 4: All right, I've been working under him for only three months and I've already been promoted. So my coworkers are wondering if I'm sleeping with this man. I mentioned it to him, so now he treats me like crap. In front of everybody. He yells up like, get on to him and get to work. No, wait, hold up, wrong, due.
Speaker 2: Hey, get it here, get to work.
Speaker 4: While I'm out having a cigarette behind the building. If I'm at somebody else's desk here yelling me to stop chit chatting and get back to work.
Speaker 1: Hey, stop all of that chitter chatting.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're here to work, guys.
Speaker 4: I've told him that I hate the hardest treatment, and he thinks it's okay to joke about it when we're intimate. Last night he walked into my bedroom and yelled for me to get on in this room and get to work. Damn, sister, with the white man, you don't you don't. You don't feel no kind of way about that. You done forgot about the history.
Speaker 2: Oh so you just oh.
Speaker 4: Okay, what damn? So, why don't you just put on the long apron? Put some dirt on your feet and go on in there. Why don't you wrap your head? Why don't you just why aren't you going there and look like you're on a syrup bottle. Why don't you just do that? Because that's where we're at right now with me, all right, I want to say that I will continue some more, that we're going down the dog path.
Speaker 2: When we come back, y'all, we'll be right back with more ignorance right after this.
Speaker 12: Show.
Speaker 9: All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is get on in here and work.
Speaker 4: Now. I didn't know all this, but this woman right here moved up to a big city. She met this dirty old man that hired her, and she ended up having sex with him. That's how the letter started it. She just jumped too many steps. But she got low self esteem all through this letter. And so then she told him that they having sex together.
Speaker 2: Now, get a load of this. He's married, he got a girlfriend on the side, and he got me.
Speaker 4: I've been working under him for three months already, and Ben, you've got a promotion. So the coworkers are wondering if I'm sleeping with this man. I mentioned it to him. So now he treats me like crap in front of everybody. He yells out stuff like, you do in here and get to work. See that's where I've That's how I imagined him saying, get on in here and get to work. If I'm out a cigarette and having a cigarette behind the building, if I'm at somebody else's desk, he hear me, stop all.
Speaker 2: That chit chat and get on back and work.
Speaker 4: I told him I hate the hardest treatment, and he thinks it's okay to joke about it when we're intomate. Last night he walked into my bedroom and yelled for me to get on in this room and get to work. He thinks this is sexy talk, and I told him it's not cute. I'm afraid that he will fire me or treat me even worse than he does now in front of my coworkers if I stopped sleeping with him.
Speaker 2: Then she dropped this jewel. He's a white man.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, so now they get on in here and get to work. That take on the whole new meaning. And now don't it.
Speaker 2: Ah, Chad that all that and hand got to walk now?
Speaker 4: Oh oh okay, so we do oh oh, we don't. Oh we done went that far back. So you done moved up to the big city then and took this slave ass mentalne you got on up to the big city with you. Now he talking to you like like they used to happen in the past, and you still doing it. And now you're afraid of him. He thinks it's sexyy because now that's what he want to do. Oh see, he got you, so now he in it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Oh you want to be talk harsh too. Oh, now it's funny to him. Get on in hand and get to work. That's right up his alley. That's right up his alley. He doing it just like his great grandfather did. Oh yeah, oh oh oh, oh, oh oh oh oh. He right up your alley, this man. And then you said he's a white man, so the black man at the job, try to defend me against him. This man is not only giving me lots of money to get my house together, he gives me lots of mind boggling sex. You know what I think. I think you don't know what a good man is. You don't know who the big city is. You don't know what side piece is, and you don't know what good sex is, That's what I think. I just think you've been struggling with low self esteem in every area of your life, But now this old man is putting it down and he keeps me entertained for now. I was in a bad relationship before I moved. See right there, he was in a bad relationship. Now you done got in this relationship and it appears to be cool.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: How bad was the relationship you was in?
Speaker 9: And now?
Speaker 2: But how long can we keep this up? My new boss has made me forget about that guy? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Whoa wah woh? Your new boss who treats you this way? That made you forget about that guy? Man? What the hell did that? Dude?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 4: You done went from a bad relationship to a badder relationship. But it looks better to you somehow, Lady, you need, you need, you need to pump the brakes. But how long can we keep this up? I should never have started sleep with him. How do I break away without him being really mean to me? Do you think I can reason with him?
Speaker 8: Hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wait a minute. You just said he was married. You just said he's your boss. You just said he got a girlfriend and he got you do you think I can reason with him? Nah, you can't reason with him. But Chad can eeoc can Facebook can see all this stuff right here? You got way too much? How you letting him married?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 4: Buffalo you around mistreat you and talk crazy? You do you think I could reason with him? No, but his wife can. You got too many bullets in your gun and you act like you ain't got no bullets. You got bullets in your gun. Matter of fact, your revolver is loaded. H y'all equal opportunity, Facebook, your new lawyer, your wife, your cell phone, a picture, Take a picture of your furniture when it give you money, lay it on the bed, take a picture of it, lay next to the picture, and men take a picture of him. What you're talking about? You ain't got to take none of this, carol. You can get treated any kind of way you want to right now. You got leverage. But stop acting like a damn victim and stop doing stuff to get yourself in a victim position because you pay the role of victim and too well, you got too much advantage.
Speaker 2: Now wish somebody would.
Speaker 4: H y'all eeoc, his wife, Facebook, your new lawyer, and your cell phone and He'll be able to treat you any treat you any kind of way you want to.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Steve.
Speaker 9: Post your comments please on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never sounded so good.
Speaker 1: Downloaded today.
Speaker 9: Now coming up next to his junior with Sports Talk right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Hardy Morning Show. Junior is here with Sports Talk. What you got, Junior?
Speaker 7: Pip in Week six recap nfailing man.
Speaker 2: I don't know you're gonna call me. Hold up, Junia, I'm ready.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying now, pipp this was not the worst week, Pimp. You said it was gonna be your worst week. It wasn't, Pipin.
Speaker 7: It was not the worst week.
Speaker 2: No, we're going ahead and its fine.
Speaker 3: Here we go, man.
Speaker 7: The Jaguars over the Saints, man thirty one to twenty four.
Speaker 2: I told Joe, listen to me.
Speaker 7: The Browns over the Colts thirty nine to thirty eight.
Speaker 2: To Joe, here we go.
Speaker 8: Patriots lose to the b I mean the Bills lose to the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Man, you picked the Bills.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, I know, Pippin.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 7: The Commanders man fall.
Speaker 8: To the Giants man fourteen to seven. Man, come man, the Ravens just destroyed the Ravens. Man just destroyed the Lions.
Speaker 1: Man, come on, that hurt me.
Speaker 2: That one hurt me.
Speaker 8: This week Detroit, we Pepper, look at this man the Bass over the Raiders thirty to twelve.
Speaker 4: Come on, Chicago making the comeback. Justin Fields didn't play. He looking saying right, come on, Justin.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Man, Pippy, you come back again. Falcons over the Buccaneers sixteen to thirteen.
Speaker 2: Told you that Baker Mayfield and had his run.
Speaker 7: Man, the Rams fall to the Steelers twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 8: I be damn, but Peppy, you come back though. Seahawks over the Cardinals twenty to ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was easy.
Speaker 7: The Broncos over the Packers nine. You ain't seventeen come through, Russell, come through, oh man.
Speaker 8: The Chiefs over the Charges thirty one to seventeen, real simple, easy.
Speaker 7: And man, the Eagles man over the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: You already had that pipping Now.
Speaker 4: I told you ain't no when the well the Eagles gonna lose and they made the Dolphins look late.
Speaker 2: They made Dolphins look like regular football team.
Speaker 8: The Vikings beat the forty nine ers twenty two to seventeen, pipping.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 7: I don't know either, Pippy. But you picked seven and you only lost five.
Speaker 2: That's a win for your pipping. That ain't good for there ain't good numbers. Nah, they made good pimp numbers. Two won't leave you and you right back to when you was at you know, get your numbers down.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Pimping.
Speaker 9: Coming up at the top of the hour, a guy on social media, Steve needs advice about a new coworker who is a notorious tease.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. Well, Ryan, I'm Steve Harvey FM.
Speaker 9: Steve writes, I'm wondering if I should give a new coworker the heads up before he gets embarrassed or heartbroken. The guy has been with the company for two weeks and he's gotten the attention of Mashan. It's not the first time Mashan has caught the eye of someone she works with. In fact, at some point every guy in the office is either made out with physically dated or been led on by the woman.
Speaker 1: It's become a running joke.
Speaker 9: The guy has no clue that everyone and I do mean, everyone is talking about him and in some cases laughing at him, mainly because most of us have been there at some point. So here's the question. Do I pull homie to the side and let him know what's going on and about her need for attention, or do I let him learn the hard way like everybody else?
Speaker 4: Had you all, y'all did it? Appreciate the love and concern for him, but all yeah, seemed like all y'all don't been down that path of embarrassment, miss Lee thinking you was it MA seaned and worked y'all, So it don't really make no difference if you pull him to the side or you let him go down that road. I don't know what y'all laughing at him, folk, because hell, y'all did the same thing this thing about me, And you know, once we dumb, we pretty much and we get dumb. We when we're dumb collectively, it's because we were all thinking the same thing. So he's just doing he's just thinking the same thing all of us y'all was thinking. Leave a dode alone.
Speaker 2: All you gonna pull his coat. He gonna he gonna.
Speaker 4: Finish the job, even if oh, dog dog, he's still going over. Hey man, I just want you to know that she do this to her somewhere in his day. He gonna go cool.
Speaker 2: Somewhere his date. Oh so this is a guarantee.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let him be appreciate it.
Speaker 9: All right, all right, here's another one. I think we have time for this from Steve. This is from Gabe on Facebook. Gabe says, my female best friend from college to hit me with a crazy request, and I'm not sure how to handle it. She's been married for ten years and has decided to try for kids. The problem, however, is that her husband is apparently shooting blanks. They're going for treatment, but in case that doesn't work, she wants me to offer up my donation as a contingency plan. My wife is less than thrilled with the idea, but understands why I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Is this a good move to make? Do I need legal protection?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: My wife end up resenting me. I'm kind of stuck on this one.
Speaker 4: Bro, bro, bro, have you lost your dad? Bru bruh, don't interject this into your house. Don't bring this into your house. Man, I don't even know why you told your wife this part. He's stupid man, dog dog. She gotta get somebody else for this. Hell, I'm not I'm not getting hooked up with this child's support. No, No, I ain't finna do that.
Speaker 1: A lot comes with that.
Speaker 4: You see that, I'm to go half on a baby. But why is she talking to you about this? But why are you listening to it?
Speaker 2: There you go, Thank you man.
Speaker 1: Y'all have to head friends, Steve, they're best friends.
Speaker 10: No, they' not.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 4: Okay, I told y'all about these best friends. Opposite, I have told y'all about these best friends. This attraction thing gonna come into play. I'm telling y'all it happened every time. I don't see why nobody see it. Go ahead, come but dumb, you're the only one br go down there with your stupid behind.
Speaker 2: Watch what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Henny's got a wife too.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, how you tell this to your wife?
Speaker 4: Hey, I was talking to, you know, my best friend, and she's trying to have a baby, but her and her husband can't. And she kind of wants me to make a donation. First thing a wife is supposed to say is wait a minute, what's she come to you with this?
Speaker 2: Fall?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you got a wife? Hello, And do y'all have kids? Br you brother, don't go down and have a baby. And you and your wife ain't got no kids.
Speaker 2: Don't go.
Speaker 3: If you do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: More Today Steve Harvey Morning Show for Today. Right after this, you're listening Morning Show.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 9: So, Dwayne the Rock Johnson says he plans to work with the Mussy Grayveon French Wax Museum in Paris to darken the skin tone of his newly unveiled wax figure. The Rock's father is black Nova Scotian and his mother is Samoan and he said on Instagram on Monday that he barely laughed at his wax figure, but did intend to reach out to the museum so we can work at updating my wax figure here with some important details and improvement, starting with my skin color. The Rocks wax figure isn't the first person of color that was slammed by onlookers for skin tone inaccuracies. Madame Tussode's Beyonce statue had to be adjusted as well.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, have you seen it? It was nothing like him?
Speaker 4: Really no, but they've asked me. But it's but it's four hours though, it's four to six hours. You actually we have to stand there for the posy, uh huh, so.
Speaker 1: They can get the details right, the nose, the lips.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got plenty pictures.
Speaker 1: How long do you take to do the lips?
Speaker 2: Will be in there for a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I ain't. Yeah, the rock looks like mister clean. Yeah he really does, he really really does. Yeah, he's not dark. If I think you should do it though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I ain't got time for the posy.
Speaker 9: All right, coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play a round of would you rather? Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show? All right, it is time for a round, and would you rather?
Speaker 9: Would you guys rather balance on a tight rope like ten feet high with no net? Or would you rather jump off the side of a rocky cliff with a parachute?
Speaker 2: I'm spin yeah, no net? Will it just falls out failed ten feet before? Okay? Okay, all right, we can jump off that rope. We're good.
Speaker 9: Would you rather spend Halloween night in a creepy cabin in the woods, or in a haunted hotel in the city.
Speaker 1: Cabin in the woods or haunted hotel in the city.
Speaker 2: Alright, you're going in the woods, though, You're gonna go to the woods, cabin in the woods. Wi't nobody ever make it out of there?
Speaker 9: Nobody ever gets out of the movies.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you'all talking about. You All you gotta do is just not take your ass outside. It looks like the cabin waitside for collecting firewood, going to get creep water in stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go out here and pick some of these walnuts up off the ground.
Speaker 11: What do you.
Speaker 1: Stay in the house?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not fit to be in this haunted house. No, we're not finnna do that. No hell, all right, keep with the haunted thing.
Speaker 9: Would you rather explore a haunted graveyard at midnight? Or would you rather wander through a haunted forest at dawn?
Speaker 2: I see, I want to be with the sun coming up. That's why I want to see all this stuff. You asked that sure to involve too much running. I can't.
Speaker 7: I ain't even shaped like that.
Speaker 2: No more ghost that game I.
Speaker 4: Got to be full blast that forest. I'd be killed myself running up into one.
Speaker 2: Of them trees.
Speaker 9: All right, if you play it in the NFL, would you rather only play in the first three quarters?
Speaker 1: Or would you only play in the fourth quarter?
Speaker 2: First three?
Speaker 5: I don't need to be on that full They actually making up of what I did in the first three.
Speaker 2: And they tell me.
Speaker 4: That's the reason we ain't in the fall is the first three. Chill on this bench, Harvey, Harvey, where you think you're going to pay? Fourth quarter?
Speaker 2: Coach? You the reason were losing about about thirty Wow, NFL is a special.
Speaker 9: Would you rather have sex with one person for the rest of your life or multiple people?
Speaker 1: But in only one position?
Speaker 4: Father, just one person the rest of my one person for the rest absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: The rest of okay, you know you know.
Speaker 1: I won't have sex with no guys.
Speaker 12: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's today's round, and would you.
Speaker 2: Ask us every week?
Speaker 9: Coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, it's our last break of the day and will close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day on this Tuesday.
Speaker 1: It's been a good day, real good day. Welcome back, Steve, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, good to be back.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: A lot of flying, man, Wow, that's the most flying I've done over a three day period ever.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, I've had But you made it back to back.
Speaker 2: But I mean the time difference I flew was eleven hour time difference.
Speaker 1: So your jet lagged a little.
Speaker 4: Bit between where I went to LA I don't even know because I can't even but being on a plane with that much cabin pressure, man, that's not that's not very healthy.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I just don't.
Speaker 4: And it was like tough because I had to fly sixteen hours to Los Angeles and then I had to fly seventeen hours back and it was all in one and then we had a delayed flight going back.
Speaker 5: Oh you was commercial then, yeah, yeah, Oh welcome to the real world, Pardoner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's why that's not a really good deed time because he do it once every.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: They have this thing out called private suitees and you can go you never go into the airport.
Speaker 1: So you're not waiting at the gate for three hours.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're telling us?
Speaker 4: They have a thing called private suites where you get your own suite, has your own bathroom, everything, and it is free. The food, the service is chargers. I don't care what you need, full bath, televisions, sofas, chairs, food, everything, and you wait and then you go through customs and then you go on the other side of customs. You say, that's your own custom in the building. So it's just you really, And then they put you in a car and they drive you on the tarmac and then you take you to the foot of the plane and then they take your passports and then they go inside, come back, tell you ready, put you on the elevator, take you upstairs. You go right onto the plane from the gateway. You never go past the gate you know, you're never in the lounge anything.
Speaker 1: So you're telling us you're not in Boarding Group one, not Southwest. Yeah, that's Boarding Group A.
Speaker 4: Can I share something with you all close the remarks today? Yes, I want to remind you all something about success. I was thinking about it the other day and somebody asked me. I was with one of my sons and were with a group of people and somebody said, Steve, what's one of the things that we don't know about success that you've learned about yourself. And you know what I said. I said, I've learned how to suffer. I've learned how to suffer. I suffer extremely well. And they went, I don't understand that. What you mean you like suffering?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Nobody likes to suffer, but I've learned how to suffer better than most people. Now, if a suffering might be too harsh of a word for some people, but I've been in some situation where I was actually suffering. But if you want to soften it a little bit so you can make it a little bit more relatable and make you think it's easier to do, it's going to be the same thing.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: I've gotten okay with being uncomfortable. I have really mastered the art of being uncomfortable, and I've also accepted it as a part of the process. And I think that's something that everybody has to come to. If you have any aspirations of being successful, you've got to be okay with being uncomfortable, because that's a part of the process. You are going to be required to be uncomfortable. There are times when you are going to be required to be ungodly uncomfortable, and there are going to be times where this discomfort is going to last way longer than you thought it should last. But you will learn some things about yourself on the way to success. And a couple of things I've picked up, or a few things I've picked up that success is hard, that success is going to require everything that you have to accomplish it. And here's the third thing. Success is going to require some things you didn't know you had within you, So it's going to take everything you have. And then it's also going to require some things that you didn't know you had. See, success is going to force you. The quest for success is going to force you to dig deeper than you've ever dug before, and it's going to require some.
Speaker 2: Things of you that you didn't know you had.
Speaker 4: But in that process, you will and uncover the things that's needed to complete the journey. And being uncomfortable is one of those things. I've said it before. Everything you want in life is on the other side of uncomfortable. Everything you want in life is on the other side of fear. Everything you want want in life is on the other side of doubt. Everything you want in life you're going to have to go through something to get to it. Ain't nothing in life laying on the ground right next to you, or you just bend over and pick it up.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you right now, think about everything.
Speaker 4: You really want. You got to go through something to get it. And the thing that you have to go through is going to be extremely uncomfortable. So you got to get comfortable being uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Those are my close remarks. Thank God for my life, Thank God for your life. Have a great day. Talk to God everybody. He'd love to hear from you today.
Speaker 9: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary void where prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show