Speaker 1: Wake up. Wait wait, wait, you guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk till.
Speaker 2: Helpless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 1: Maybe fla from the Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ YEMV and Charlamagne the God. It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about. Thanks, y'all be Black five.
Speaker 3: I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Collectively known as Breflas Club, So.
Speaker 4: I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say.
Speaker 5: Stuff and it's just gonna get you.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 6: What Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Charlmagne, the Guy, Peace to the planet. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? That's right, It's Wednesday, Honk Day, middle of the week. Good morning, we backed another day to serve. That's right, we got our special Yes co host Laur on the road side.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm always here on the crazy days, the days, the freaky Friday.
Speaker 8: Yes, you are fresh off Delaware State University's homecoming.
Speaker 4: Still trying to get my voice together. The CAPA plots had me like I had no voice.
Speaker 1: After what the hell?
Speaker 7: It's the yard.
Speaker 4: So every homecoming you out on the I forgot you didn't.
Speaker 7: Every homecoming you're out on the yard. The plots are like the thing.
Speaker 4: So every Greek has like DJ set up whatever, and somehow I ended up hosting it on the mic on the Capa plots shout out to my bros.
Speaker 7: And I still don't have my voice back yet. But everybody had a good time.
Speaker 9: But you know what, that's that's what coming does to you, because you're out all day. The elements don't matter. It was raining that we can we.
Speaker 4: Had good weather. No it's not always running. You just say I want you to the same as Howard. It was Friday was Friday, was Howard, and I was there because I'm I'm producing. We were there and my hair got rained on Friday. I don't really like that. But Saturday at Dell State we have great weather.
Speaker 9: It was yeah, yeah, but Friday was ready because my voice was messed up when I got back here on Friday mornings.
Speaker 1: Thursday was nasty too, but Delaware don't deserve nice things. And I'll tell you why let's not.
Speaker 7: Do this because I had to ask you who hurt you when you shot me that text. I get it though, because.
Speaker 8: It was like they announced that bus Rhymes performing at Delaware State, which wasn't real.
Speaker 7: That was a joke.
Speaker 4: The country so yet so people didn't really like the lineupt the homecoming, but they said rhymes.
Speaker 7: It was like the baby.
Speaker 1: Baby Vicky Low baby record the baby.
Speaker 4: Of course, I think normally with Dell State, it's like like I was expecting Sexy Reread to be there, like we normally get like the super super like Delaware. Yeah, why y'all doing this us? Dey'll say, is a prime school, like we are the target for the market.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying y'all not. I'm just talking about Delaware and smooth and Delaware. Got love for Delaware. But when I just saw them, I thought that they was dis in busting rhymes and I know these kids gonna appreciate me.
Speaker 4: He was that that boy in that viral TikTok video. He's obviously very young. He was like, who wants to see bust the rhymes? I said, oh my god, he has no idea what he's doing to hisself.
Speaker 8: That would be great that his internet. That's a great uh guest for an alumni party at Dell.
Speaker 1: Absolutely see.
Speaker 4: But he's like probably like a freshman. He's probably like twenty two, you know what I mean, or even if I don't even know how he is. But anyway, we had a great time at homecoming. This was a huge shunt off for them. I think it was like the biggest of these seen in years. No incidents.
Speaker 7: We had a great time.
Speaker 4: And please don't put me back on the mican, y'all, because it's been days without a voice.
Speaker 9: No, that'spe, that's dope, a shouting out. Jesse Collins would be got box.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Jesse Collins, Charlamagne asked, and Collins, we got our gift box from the BT Hip Hop Awards.
Speaker 1: That's right. I appreciated, Jesse Collins. What's in the boxes? You look?
Speaker 8: I haven't looked yet, But it don't matter. I appreciate the appreciation. I just appreciate being appreciated.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 8: Listen this Every now and then, a little small token of appreciation is thankful.
Speaker 1: I feel I'm grateful for it. So thank you, Jesse Collins.
Speaker 9: All right, we got. I'll tell you what we got. We got some healthy hair gummies.
Speaker 1: You don't need that. Getting to the wife and the U hair oil, you don't need that. I think this is a joke for you. Bro.
Speaker 7: Oh they got candles.
Speaker 6: That's just a smooth, true religion had Oh you know, I'm about to like this candle.
Speaker 1: Right now, bed brush, you don't need Thank you, Jesse, Thank you, cream.
Speaker 8: Cream the candles. Yeah, we could light the candles. And it's a it's a it's a card. It's just thanks for being a part of our show. We're honored to have you.
Speaker 1: More hair oil. You can't Jesse. Thank you, b T. We appreciate it. They're playing with you, brother. Come on, no, this is body oil.
Speaker 7: I'm still at homecoming.
Speaker 1: Already.
Speaker 9: One breakfast, all right, all right, all right, Well we got a special guest joining us today.
Speaker 1: Drinks the quila for breakfast. It seems like, yes, we do have a special guest, Pastor Mike Todd.
Speaker 8: Pastor Mike got into the book out called Damage But Not Destroyed From Trauma to Triumph Man, and I love this book because he really brings together theology and therapy in a real way.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk to Pastor Mike Todd this morning.
Speaker 9: If you don't know who that pastor is, of course he's written several books. But he was also in the news a couple of months ago. I don't know if you guys remember he was hit him in his congregation.
Speaker 1: He's a couple ye ago.
Speaker 4: His brother, Yeah, I was doing the pandemic. I believe it was right after because everybody was so upset about the.
Speaker 9: He spit on his brother about healing him and what. We'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 6: So the candle light man like, did it this body butter?
Speaker 7: Oh see, I thought it was cream.
Speaker 1: Sorry, long on got a candle, this old kendle.
Speaker 9: All right, well, front page it was his. Next to the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody is dj NV, Charlmagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Laura Laos here, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Start off with sports. Last night, the NBA season is back.
Speaker 9: Last night the dougget the Nuggets beat the Lakers one nineteen one o seven. I think Lebron has twenty something points that if I can remember. And I fell asleep on the Warriors Sunday's game. But the Suns beat the Warriors last night one o eight, one oh four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, them games come on too lake, the West Coast games come on way way wait, wait, way too late.
Speaker 7: What's too late for you?
Speaker 1: Gaving be over? Like one o'clock, one o'clock? Yeah, ok, yeah it was. It was like second quarter. It was like eleven o'clock at night or halftime eleven starting like ten o'clock, ten thirty.
Speaker 8: Ain't might got time for that. Well, forty five years old, Morning, nineteen hundred and seven eight, I need to sleep.
Speaker 1: Morning Tears the Morning from the West.
Speaker 10: Three am in the West. Good morning, dj Amvy, Good morning Lauren, Good morning Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right in it. What are we talking about? What's going on with the Democrats?
Speaker 10: Yeah, they told Representative Dean Phillips to have a seat. He's a Minnesota representative. He was thinking about primarying President Joe Biden, warning and they said, you know, we want you to have a seat, saying that it will play into the hands of the hopelessly divided Congressional Republicans and their twenty twenty four front runner, Donald Trump. Senator Peter Welch from Minnesota said he needs to go home, and Senator Elizabeth Warren said that Phillip shouldn't jump into the race because it just doesn't make sense. I'm all for President Biden being re elected. He has delivered for the American people and he is going to win. That's ironic because you know, people told Elizabeth Warren to have a seat and she decided to run, But they are telling him to have a seat and move out the way. The unfortunate thing is, although they have all of this confidence. I looked at the current poll and right now Trump is leading Biden again by two points in a hypothetical twenty twenty four matchup. This is by the Emerson College post on Trump ahead forty seven percent to Biden's forty five percent with eight percent undivided. There's two points up for Trump compared to the poll last month. Biden's support remains the same. He's also having problems in these swing states. He's losing there as well. They say that the Biden nomics is not landing. So what should they do here? Continue to tell people to sit down, or go ahead and try to primary somebody against prison Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a little confused.
Speaker 8: Why is a representative, Dean Phillips the one who gets told to have a seat, because they don't say that to anybody else. I haven't heard them say that to Barry, Anne Williamson, Robert F. Kennedy Junior, or Cornell West Like, I don't understand why he's the one who gets told to have a seat. And I don't understand why they are so afraid of Biden being challenged. They let everybody step up and let's see who has the best ideas. I think it's clear that folks don't really want Biden, Folks don't necessarily really want Trump.
Speaker 9: Is he the biggest threat is Dean Phillips the biggest threat on the Democratic side?
Speaker 8: Body, I think they think anybody's a threat to Biden, to be honest with you, Yeah, and.
Speaker 10: And uh and and again we're just kind of guessing here. But being he is an elected you asked, why would they say that to Marion Williamson, you know, being that Dean Phillips is an actual elected you know, member of conference, you know, they're feeling like they, you know, probably got a little bit more pool to tell him to sit down because he's caucus and work with these folks where uh, doctor Cornell Western is not. And we know he went to the independent ticket. He's you know, he's not running on the Green Party. And then also h Kennedy is no longer running as on the Democrat side.
Speaker 5: He's trying to run independent.
Speaker 8: So I bet your Big Joe Mansion decided to run. The gonna tell Big Jodah sit down.
Speaker 6: They won't tell Big Joe manchion and what Virginia to have a seat if he decided.
Speaker 7: To run, he wouldn't listen.
Speaker 5: And they said he may possibly run as well. But yeah, no Joe.
Speaker 10: They definitely want to be telling Joe Mansion, Joe Manchin do what he wanted to do. So he got a hand, so we'll we'll see what he'll be doing. But it's just interesting, you know, people are trying to give another option and you know, blatantly telling him flat out, you know, do not run and have a seat.
Speaker 6: So we all know, we all know, like you know, we don't we all say all the time, damn Trump and Biden.
Speaker 8: That's all we got. That's all we're gonna have again in twenty twenty four. So there are other options.
Speaker 9: Bring them out, just hear them. Bring them out absolutely all right, Well that is front page news. Tess was seeing a little bit. Everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: If you need the vent phone line to wide open again, everybody's working to call for Delaware.
Speaker 9: Five eight five Delaware your long They gonna be up here at your front doing. Then what you're gonna eight hundred five eight five.
Speaker 7: Twenty of them's gonna be right here twenty us.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club. Aboard the Breakfast Club got me? This is your time to get.
Speaker 9: It off your chest cooling eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, what is this? Talk of the morning and craps Montana Montana?
Speaker 11: Hi open Charlamaine, what's clap you?
Speaker 12: Good morning tween the morning?
Speaker 1: And now where you peez? Hannah? How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm boring, as Charla Man. I had the same Instagram account for twelve years. Somebody had to this weekend and now they're trying to get for me to pay for it back.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 1: How many followers you had?
Speaker 2: Five thousand, five thousand followers, seven thousand post friends, family, people, that's passed away. I've never been able to get that part in the first word. And now they're trying to get for me to pay for my Instagram back.
Speaker 1: How much they trying to get you to pay NVY, I don't even.
Speaker 11: Know at this point, NV that's part in the language.
Speaker 2: I'm just hot, Joe, Like that taught me a big lesson, Like you learn the lesson of not taking from people and.
Speaker 11: Touching stuff that don't look on you. And that taught me more than anything.
Speaker 8: Why do you I wonder why they want to hold you a little five thousand followers because that's.
Speaker 1: What they say. Now that's what they do, though.
Speaker 9: They'll take they you know, they'll send you a text that somebody's trying to get into your Instagram. Then you click the link and you give the password and then they'll take it and then they'll charge you like five hundred dollars.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Tool.
Speaker 12: I got some like that.
Speaker 2: My godlines wasn't right click this.
Speaker 12: I clicked that and now they got my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Ye didn't matter.
Speaker 3: How father.
Speaker 1: To home for me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you should look at it as God wants you to focus because you probably was driving that truck looking at your Instagram.
Speaker 1: I mean so God probably took it away from you.
Speaker 8: Is probably you probably swerved on the road, almost ransombody off the road, and God said, you know what, nah.
Speaker 2: Uncle sla man, I'm not going out. The truck driver changed my life like you used to be enough. Okay, this is my problem and joy. So losing the Instagram may hurt, but as you say something to level up better, there you.
Speaker 7: Go start printing out your PICTURELF.
Speaker 9: Oh my, tell you start a new I G and then you you always call up here. You call up here and tell people to follow you again you get more than five thousand, that's right handles and put your too.
Speaker 11: I definitely, I definitely definitely respect that.
Speaker 2: If you got a call next week and I'll.
Speaker 1: Try that, say so much good luck, be saying for the roads. Take the pictures.
Speaker 7: Long stuff that he's not gonna get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they.
Speaker 9: I think they close the Instagram so they're not gonna let them see his own pictures not in his phone.
Speaker 1: I don't know they should be in the phone.
Speaker 7: I also need to put that two factor authentification.
Speaker 1: On Hello, Hello, You're what's up? Draft repress als, what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got guest capture there, No Lawrence here, Laurence here.
Speaker 7: What's I'm doing? Good?
Speaker 12: How are you doing outside? I did not mean to diminish your guest co host and I don't know who was there.
Speaker 1: But because it's all you like to do, that's all you like to do. He likes guess he's nice.
Speaker 12: That's what the people be saying. I'm a guest co host hater. That's what the people be saying. But that's not true. It's only just non hilarious.
Speaker 1: Alone.
Speaker 7: Man, he started off so positive.
Speaker 12: I'll call it talk about I'm actually calling to me positive today. I want to highlight d J Nihlis and Moan. She has this event called Past the Ou that she has been doing for the last couple of months, been attending and she has literally been in the platform in the stage for artists you know, the time and perform and she's bringing like underground artists that you know in the industry, and she's doing a great thing out there. And also it's giving me an opportunity, you know, to do things like that I want to do. So I want to just shout out her. You know, this morning, they said that she really doing big things out there in New York.
Speaker 8: Lue to my niece Nohlis and mom man Nohlisa Moone is building what will be a cultural institution with past the Aux Live. You know, it started as a segment here on Breakfast Club. Now she's made it one of the hottest events in the city. She's doing it monthly, She's taking it to Atlanta. I think it's gonna be in Atlanta. It's gonna be in New York next month, but I think it's gonna be in Atlanta next month too.
Speaker 12: So now that you ain't telling me, we're gonna be in Atlanta next.
Speaker 1: Month, he the next month for the symbol, But I do know it's Atlanta Day coming up.
Speaker 12: Now, you know I'm gonna be in Atlanta. Look, Tailor's yall, what happened this weekend.
Speaker 11: I'm to put the hand on.
Speaker 1: Somebody in rising You and Tailor about to fight somebody in Verizon. I had to put to the.
Speaker 12: Fire us with somebody hadn't rise. We outside, This crazy man just comes standing up behind her. Literally were even all down her. Next moving on the backup. He followed us in the store and that about to put their hands.
Speaker 11: On in the store.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she ain't tell us that.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, it's so crazy, man, It's so many mentally ill people running around right now. But listen, I still got to defend myself, whether you mentally ill or.
Speaker 1: Not, you know what I mean. That's why we.
Speaker 12: Give me just drunk.
Speaker 1: Oh he was drunk, I mean, not whether mentally ill.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you about to catch as rising store.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you ain't had to do that. I'm glad nothing happened, sir.
Speaker 6: All right, jo bayan, you know lut the jet Blue. I just landed Mosaic too. I didn't even know you can get more say it too?
Speaker 1: What's mosaic too? It's another level of mosay. But I mean, yes, yeah, but I'm a mosaics but it's two.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 8: They say I'm laying the mossegg too, thea I can pick a perpose. I'm about to pick me a perk and I ain't talking about no bills. Thank you, Jeff Blue.
Speaker 1: It was so excited. Look at I'm so excited. Damn right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one O five one is the breakfast level morning the breakfast club. Ray right, Ray yo, Charlotte mane yady?
Speaker 12: What up are we lying?
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is we live.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: What's going on? Breakfast club? Family? So jaspell bound?
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother fail bound? What's happening? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Man, I just want to stay man, appreciate everything y'all be doing out here. Man, I'm a long time listener, first time caller. Charlamagne, you definitely got us motivated with all the mental health and stuff, Mama, Man, Prince Greezad he came up there to your event just earlier this month. Manner just blown away.
Speaker 1: Oh the mental wealth ex vote yes, sir, yes, sir Man.
Speaker 12: You know he's really a big advocate on that. Man, he's got his musical play and then you know it's keeps talking from suicide and depression. So man, he's just all about it.
Speaker 1: Man, tell us thank you for coming.
Speaker 12: You got a lot you want to say, brother, but you can't right now. But just let you know, man, we all here. Ryding for you dog.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that, brother, and Lord, don't let him bully you about Delaware.
Speaker 12: You know I had to do that, you know, for a lot of times. Man, but you know everything about the seven five yo yo.
Speaker 1: Don't don't ever, don't ever appreviate in Delaware in the same.
Speaker 7: I'm not worried at all because I know how we coming a.
Speaker 1: For we got guru, Why would you do that from the first place, the girls from Boston, Missy Chris Brown, Trey songs, Oh.
Speaker 8: Jay z okay, okay, sleut you we gotta y'all gotta lead with that. Y'all gotta start leading with this.
Speaker 7: He plays for the Clippers now, Hyland.
Speaker 1: Boom you know, Boom boom boom boom Bone.
Speaker 7: The basketball player. He's like, he's like one of the most lit like new players.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. Let me look that up.
Speaker 7: He was on the What's the Dinner team and then he just went over to the Clippers.
Speaker 1: We got on fine Bone time left, Yes, okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's fired.
Speaker 4: When I get the budget finally, when they give it to me, I'm gonna bring y'all, y'all gonn have a time and y'all gonna come back here and tell people y'all should have been in Delaware.
Speaker 1: I would come for free, but I know you can look at me like that cause I'm lying exactly.
Speaker 9: Don't even do not. All right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one on five one. If you need to vent hit this up now long.
Speaker 1: We got rooms on the way, Yes we do.
Speaker 4: We want to send in a resting piece to Richard Roundtree and kind of talk about his legacy a bit.
Speaker 7: He passed away on Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning. The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is Steam J and V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. I want to salute on Ferrari Simmons. Salute to Ferrari Simmons out in Atlanta yesterday. He just signed on as the afternoon host on our Atlanta station. So I want to salute to him and shou out to Louis V. Congratulations Ferrari Simmons, Louis V. All right, now let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Is the room of reports.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys from.
Speaker 13: The name.
Speaker 1: The rest Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 4: So we want to take some time to send a rest in peace to Richard Rowntree, who is Shaft, the face of the Shaft franchise.
Speaker 7: So he was eighty one.
Speaker 4: His manager actually confirmed that he passed away on Monday from pancreatic cancer, which is a really big deal with plagues.
Speaker 7: You know, the Black community a lot larger than it does any other communities.
Speaker 4: Now, he was known for his rolling Shaft, but there have been people online sharing their like sentiments and their memories and he's just helped so many. I've seen so many different actors talk about how much of a just a support system he was for Hollywood, Black Hollywood. He was like one of the first known black action heroes in Hollywood. So you know, just sad to see him go.
Speaker 8: Rontrye one years old seems so young nowadays it does, but you know, that's a that's a that's a nice long existence.
Speaker 1: So that brother for sure.
Speaker 4: Now switching up the vibe a bit, Kanye West is trending again. This time it's for some alleged rules that he's given his current wife Biaka censorry. So there are reports out right now that in their marriage, Bianka has these rules that Kanye has set. Now, we've heard things that about like Kanye dressing his women and require certain things, so fans are actually believing this. Now, these rules are. She is not allowed to talk to anyone without his permission. She can only eat the food that he tells her to eat. She is forced to exercise and stay in shape, which is ironic because he does not do that. And she can only wear what he tells her to wear.
Speaker 1: Now her, where does it come from? Where it's come from? It sounds like that's that's his kids.
Speaker 7: This is from an insider. This is a Delia report.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 7: It's also you don't don't you believe of it?
Speaker 1: When people say inside, yeah.
Speaker 8: Just I just, I just I don't believe any of this. But it's sanatanic. But nobody cares about the truth from the live and morenertaining.
Speaker 7: So I mean, at least the clothing part of it is very cognive.
Speaker 1: Nutrition trainer and stylist. That's what I heard. That's what I took from that.
Speaker 4: I love the positivity nutrition because her friends feel like she's being like kidnapped or something.
Speaker 1: You heard what Samantha Lee Gibson said yesterday. The friends listen.
Speaker 4: So the friends of Beyonca concerned about her well being. They said that she has not been herself. So there's one friend that's like, look, we reached out to her and we said, hey, everyone is extremely concerned because you're not who you normally are.
Speaker 7: You're very outspoken.
Speaker 4: We think that Kanye is trying to turn you into a more radical Kim Kardashian, like a Kim two point zero.
Speaker 7: But the difference is Kim is her own person. The fashion world loss, so.
Speaker 1: She's not speaking much. She hasn't called her friends much, and her friends are saying this is what they believe. Yes.
Speaker 8: No, she's a married woman now, so she's spending time with her husband, so she don't got time to be hanging out with her single friend groups.
Speaker 4: She's also twenty eight and she's married to Kanye West. I probably would have cut the group chat off too. Yeah, that's what you said about Kanye. That's a heck of an experience at twenty eight.
Speaker 8: Be with your man, be with your nutrition's, your trainer, your stylists, and your husband all in one.
Speaker 9: That's not wild. Them single women wish they had all talk to strangers. You gotta eat what I tell you to eat, and you gotta dress what you got to put on what I tell you to put it. That sounds like having care How that sounds that's nutrition trainer and stylist.
Speaker 1: That's what. That's what we tell your kids. Don't talk to strangers. You only eat the food that I give you. And you know that sounds wild. It's so true.
Speaker 4: The balance in the room is crazy. Like Charlomage, you always see and hear the King in a lot of the BS, King, your queen and all of you're you're a very like realistic person where it's like this is just crazy and if it's true, it's wrong.
Speaker 7: He's like, nutrition is trainer pro.
Speaker 8: And a husband yes, and all them single friends around her chirping ready to ruin her situation. And then when when, when, when things go wrong, they're gonna have you on a podcast crying about how you miss Kanye okay in.
Speaker 7: The Greek jet, talking about well do we have any friends because now you lonely?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, look this is all reported allegedly from insiders, so hopefully that's not the case. Now Jonathan Major is talking about you know, relationships stuff, So you guys, remember Jonathan Majors was accused of domestic violence by Grace Jabari. Well, now she is going to be facing her own set of domestic or her own set of assault charges in a domestic violence case. So we have a news report from the message.
Speaker 1: Is it the same case or this is something separate? This is the same case, but.
Speaker 7: This is Jonathan Major's counterclaim to her. So let's take a listen.
Speaker 14: Grace Jabari, the woman who accused Jonathan Major's of domestic violence, will soon be charged with assaults, seven months after the actor's March arrest, according to the Office of the Deputy Commissioner Public Information for the New York Police Department, who exclusively confirmed the domestic violence charge to The Messenger on Monday night. The DCPI tells the Messenger that Jabari is expected to voluntarily report to the NYPD's tenth Prestinct in the near future, after the actor filed a counter complaint against her back in June. According to a law enforcement source, Jabari, who is overseas at the time, will be issued a desk appearance ticket, which police issued to require a suspect to appear in court to answer charges. Jabari, a movement coach, accused the ant man in the wass Quantum Mania star of domestic violence after he was arrested on March twenty fifth. Matrix is accused of hitting Jabbari in quote the face with an open hand, causing substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear end quote.
Speaker 7: Didn't feel like y'all were in a job training.
Speaker 1: It definitely did.
Speaker 7: I was like, wow, like, am I making it through this survey?
Speaker 8: Well, listen, if she put hands on that man and she needs to be arrested, Okay, innocent until proven guilty, of course, but she should have to go through the same due process.
Speaker 1: It's Jonathan. But that's not fair because they said they say she's going to get a desk ticket.
Speaker 7: That's the start of it.
Speaker 1: Though, that's he got arrested. He got arrested, got she got up here in courts, so she can you arrested?
Speaker 9: She's not the same. No, she just get a dest ticket. They make it seem like she's not get arrested. She's not gonna be I thought I read that she gotta come to New York to get arrested ticket.
Speaker 4: From what that report just said, it was she's turning herself in for a dest ticket, but that doesn't mean they still would have to book her.
Speaker 9: There's a difference between going to get a dest ticket and being hauled off from your house and she comes contrast, if this was anybody else, they probably would have got it right at the airport when she got here and put her in cuffs and took her to the to the precinst.
Speaker 7: You think it's happening because she's white?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: I mean all that because if it was anybody else, like who what? Other person?
Speaker 1: Who? I mean, I just think you gotta be said she was getting arrested. Maybe I don't know. I just seem her desk ticket.
Speaker 4: It's because she has she's turning herself in. You know, look, I just don't think that. I mean, regardless of what happens on her side of things, it's still going to be worse for Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Maazing.
Speaker 8: But see, I am happy because folks don't ever want to hear the man story and situations like that, So I'm glad they listened to Jonathan.
Speaker 1: But you're right, Lauren.
Speaker 8: What's sad is that story, no matter how much we report on it will never get the attention that Jonathan major story got because that young lady is not king to conqueror.
Speaker 7: Okay, bigger star the men like. It's just the dynamic.
Speaker 1: But not only that. He was, like I said, he was arrested from his crip. There was pictures, there was video of him getting arrested.
Speaker 9: It was a big He's also a big celebrity, but it was a big If they arrested her at the airport when she landed.
Speaker 7: We would be like, we would be like what she drunk at the bar in the airport. We wouldn't even know what. We wouldn't even know where.
Speaker 8: You think about people back away from Jonathan production, companies, endorsements. That's why when you know when they wanted Making Good to leave her men, Yep, that's why when he gets through all of this, I pray he charges y'all triple Well. What if he's guilty though, that's a different story, right, But I don't think he's guilty.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was just saying, but all right, well, that is front page. That is a room of report.
Speaker 9: When we come back, we got front page news and then past the mic Toe will be joining us. He has a new book, damage but not destroyed from trauma.
Speaker 1: To triumph. We're gonna be kicking with him in a minute, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club in morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura l Rosa, our guest co host, is here, and let's get in some front page.
Speaker 1: News just quickly.
Speaker 9: In sports, last night, the NBA season came back. The Nuggets beat the Lakers one nineteen one oh seven. The Nuggets look amazing last night. And also the Suns beat the.
Speaker 1: Warriors one o eight to one oh for Chris Paul played, he did pretty good last night.
Speaker 8: Only last night, Tuesday, only two games last night, the most games played with Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this weird thing. Yeah yeah yeah in the weekend. All right, well let's jump right into it.
Speaker 4: Test.
Speaker 1: What do you want to start? The airplane the airplane, bumper rides, bumper cars. Yeah.
Speaker 10: This is a crazy story that happened yesterday that shut the airport down in Houston. A Hobby airport reopened after being closed for several hours yesterday. Authorities say that the incident occurred around three thirty Tuesday afternoon, with two prov jet jets clicked their wings and according to the officials the FF the FAA said that the twin engine took off without permission and collided with another two engine plane and so there were no injuries, thank god for that.
Speaker 5: But there was a complete ground stop.
Speaker 10: No plane planes were landing or taking off for about two to three hours. So I'm sure that effected delays. It is a triple effect. It's not just a trickle down effect. It's not just you know, just hobby or just what happened with Houston, but probably saw some delays yesterday in your flights, and that is one of the reasons that could have played a role in that.
Speaker 1: Now, why would you take off without permission? Like who do people think they are? Like, why wouldn't you wait?
Speaker 4: Your young man, you don't ever think about that. We ain't taking off them Every time I take off, I think I hope that no one else is like here on accidents. Well, I mean they have suppose they've received instructions, but like stuff happened.
Speaker 1: What do they call it?
Speaker 6: I can't remember what they called. But there's people have control, traffic control. It's like, yoa, why wouldn't you listen to air traffic control. Why would you even play when you're thirty thousand feet in the agg.
Speaker 9: Sometimes they'd be like, well they had craftic controls. We can't leave for another twenty minutes. There's seven planes in front of us. Who we just got to sit back for blacks for a little bit. You got, I'd be like, just take off, bless you feel like that.
Speaker 1: Air traffic control for a reason.
Speaker 5: Right right when you write, you right now said this actually happens more than what we think.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you guys remember a couple of months ago I did a story on how often you know, how close these this could happen with these collides, and they.
Speaker 5: Did like an interactive map.
Speaker 10: I can't remember what what outlet posted that map, but they showed how often how close these planes you know, come with hitting each other all the time.
Speaker 5: So thankfully no one was hurt though, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely no. Let's talk about these student loans.
Speaker 10: Yeah, three hundred and five thousand student long borrows got monthly bills with the wrong amount. Now, this is when the payments resumed this month after the three three year plus pause that was it estimated three hundred and five thousand people received their bill. It was the wrong amount. It was they were charged higher than what it should be. The Department Education has identified the error, saying that they're fixing it. There's also some complaints with folks saying they're calling in and it's hours and hours before you can get anybody on the phone to fix it. Uh, they did issue statements in because of the Department's oversight efforts and ability to quickly catch these error, servicers will begin to be held accountable on the borrows will have the right amount here soon. So a big mess with this student on repayment, you know, all happening at one time. And of course you know there's still folks saying a student that should be canceled, and so they postpone this as long as they could and now it's just a big mess.
Speaker 1: So you know you done else.
Speaker 7: I didn't open it because I just wasn't ready to face that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's facing you whether you whether you open it or not.
Speaker 7: Need to make sure that balance is right.
Speaker 8: You know, that could be very dangerous. Man, Like, you don't know what people be going through. You don't know what people's mental states are. You know, finances can drive people to the edge. You know, you open up your monthly bill and that's just higher than usual, you know what I'm saying, And you're trying you already was trying to figure out how to pay it before. Now it's the wrong amount that could drive somebody to do like kill itself with something.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: And some people don't know how to calculate the interest, so they might just believe that that's what they're supposed to be at because a lot of people stop paying attention during the pandemic.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a great point because it actually did happen to a lot of people that were on income driven plans of Charlemagne. They were placed into these ten year higher monthly plans when they were supposed to be in the income driven plan.
Speaker 5: So hopefully, you know, they'll get that fixed and get it corrective.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is Front Page News, that's right.
Speaker 8: And make sure you subscribe to Teslin Figaro's podcast, A Straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeart Radio podcast Network, and follow at Teslin Figuo on all social media platforms.
Speaker 9: All right, now, when we come back, Pastor Mike Todd will be joining us a new book, Damage But not Destroyed From Trauma to Trium.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something of the reason I really enjoyed his book.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed his book because the way Paster Mike Todd takes takes theology and uh, you know, couples it with therapy. Man, because I'm a stern believer that you need God and therapy and the way he breaks it down.
Speaker 1: And this book is very special. So I can't wait to talk to Pastor Mike Todd. All right, we'll get into that NEXTUS Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is dj n V Charlamage to Die. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed you have Pastor Mike Todd.
Speaker 1: Welcome brother. What's going on? Family?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 6: Yes, But I'm blessed man, I'm at the breakfast club with y'all. I'm blessed, black and holly favored. You are definitely black, blessed and highly favored. It I feel like all of us are blessed, black and hot. Feels good. Thank you all for having me.
Speaker 8: Man, Happy to have you, Man, new book, Damage would Not Destroyed From Trauma to Triumph, Yes, sir, powerful title bro, it's my life, and it's honestly, I believe a lot of people's life that they don't share.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: You see everybody from people who going from the gutter to this big platform, or people who've just made it out of the hood or just made it from where they thought they would never come, but then they shut up and stopped telling the actual story about how they got from where they were to where they are.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: I have a theory about that.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 8: I think the theory now, Like I'm I'm forty five years old. So you look at it so grown, thank you brother, so growing up. You know, it was those stories of overcoming, those stories of making mistakes and you know, becoming a better person that we always gravitated towards that we learned from. Nowadays, because of this soul called cancel culture, Yeah, nobody wants to talk about the mistakes that they made, ye know, nobody because they feel like they'll be judged for them and crucified form which they probably will, but it's temporary.
Speaker 9: Like the truth of the matter is, because I'm a person of faith, I believe the truth of the matter is the we overcome by the blood of the lamb, that's what crisis them. But the words of our own testimony, even if you don't believe what I believe. The truth is when you see somebody else go through something and you make it through it, it gives you courage, It gives you hope, it gives you dang maybe I can do that too. And a lot of people are robbing other people of the fuel that they need to overcome their actual situation because they scared. Number one and number two is because they feel like maybe my worst moment defined me. But I found that in my worst moment, that's who That's what made me absolutely and so I just wanted to come like completely clean, completely raw. I say, hot, humble, open and transparent, And I mean it takes also the power out of what anybody can ever say about me.
Speaker 1: I believe you. I agree with everything you say. I always say, live your truth. So nobody can use your truth against you. Well, boy, they will try, they'll try.
Speaker 6: The truth of the matter is, but if it's real, like when you cut it open and it's real and you actually grew from it, and you actually learned from the cheating and you actually did the work, and with the therapy and you actually, yeah, no, I did embezzle that money, but I'm not gonna do that and never again. And I'm like, when you actually grow, I believe that this life is about progression, not perfection. And on the gram and in front of people, were always trying to present perfection. But I really believe, like when you cut it all down, it's one baby step in front of another baby step in front of another baby step, and you look up and like, how did I get here? It was a bunch of small moments that got you today. Moment How important is a support system?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 9: Because he came with your wife, Charlamaze been with his wife twenty five and my life thirty. How important is that? Because a lot of times you hear people say I don't need that. I'm looking for a guy that's gonna make this much money, but that's done. They never talk about the heart. The truth of the matter is dumb.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you say that loud of God. It's dumb. Like I tell people all the time.
Speaker 1: I did a book.
Speaker 6: My first book was called Relationship Goals, and I have this whole chapter in the book about rip up your list. And I know people are gonna say whatever they're gonna say about they got this list.
Speaker 1: You're still single.
Speaker 6: The truth of the matter is, like the truth of the matter is is a lot of times God never hands you a finished product. He hands you something you gotta work right. And that's why Ike is one of the greatest furniture companies. No matter what you think about it is they give you something that you have to put your hands to, to a symbol, and it gives people another greater level of satisfaction because when they actually put their hands in to help make that thing happen, it feels like I've accomplished something. Relationship is the same way God never TDJ says it. God never gives you a table, he gives you a tree. Sure, the same thing with the relationship. And so I think many times people need to rip up their lists and actually look for the things that are in the heart. You can't instagram integrity, you can't facebook faithfulness.
Speaker 1: And so look at my man, he da da dah. The greatest things that.
Speaker 6: Have made me and my wife's relationship work I cannot show you on a post. It has to be lived out, proved out, and over time. And so when you say support system, bro, that is literally the only reason I'm here right now is because I got people who could see me at my worst and still think of me in my best situation to steal, Like why it still.
Speaker 1: Smells like that word that you said just a second ago?
Speaker 6: They still walking with me, and like, I'll actually be with you because I know it's not gonna be like this The whole time, I tell people, community is everything. Having mentors is everything. Being around people that are further than you is everything. And if you're gonna deal with your damage, you need that because a lot of people do it in isolation, and COVID has really jacked up people. And when I say that, I'm not even talking from a health standpoint physically. I'm talking about a mental health standpoint, a spiritual health standpoint, a relational health standpoint. People went into their caves and started spectating on what everybody was doing, and it made them look out instead of looking What.
Speaker 1: Was your breakthrough moment that invites you to be so vulnerable in this.
Speaker 6: Book, bro, I have a son, our second son. His name is MJ my namesake. He has autism. And me and my wife we're going through the height of our ministry and our business is growing and everything's exploded. My first book goes number one New York Times bestseller. I barely graduated English class, Like, I'm in a shock. And then our only son, we take him to the doctor and they're like, yeah, he's not progressing normally. He's not talking, he's not looking anymore. And he was going the right way, and then just something switch. And my motor has always been let me be greater, let me be better, let me make more money, me do this, And I tried to do everything I knew how to do, and it didn't fix nothing. Getting a bigger platform, writing another book, making more money, it didn't do anything. And so when my motor broke, it was like, what's going on. I'm watching my wife slip into depression. Nothing is working, and so I was like, hold on, we got to start working on this. I was sitting with my mentor, Tim Ross at a crackle barrel outside of Oklahoma City, and I was just telling them what I was going through, and we started thinking about back over my life and he said yeah.
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, when did God's standard become lower than your standard?
Speaker 6: And I was like, what are you talking about. He was like, Michael, you've been telling me all this stuff you want to make better and you want it.
Speaker 1: To be great.
Speaker 6: You keep using this word great, great, great, great, he said, But in the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth, he looked at it and he said, it's good. And then he created the stars, and he created the land and said, h you go right here, you go right here, created the animals. Going through the whole creation, he said it's good. Then he created man on the sixth day, and he said, you know what, that's very good. He said, If God's standard is good, why is yours great? Then he asked me this question, He said, when did you make a.
Speaker 1: Decision that good was not good enough?
Speaker 6: And immediately I went back to twelve years old when I'm in church. My parents raised us in church, and I played drums since I was young, and I would go at twelve years old to the choir rehearsal because my dream was to.
Speaker 1: Play in big church, like play with the big choir, like not the you for the junior.
Speaker 9: I wanted to play and I was good, and I would go every Tuesday, only twelve year old there and they would never let me play.
Speaker 1: They would tell me I was great.
Speaker 6: They would tell me that, man, you getting so good, bingch my cheeks, take all the little stuff.
Speaker 1: But they would never let me play. They probably had a legitimate reason.
Speaker 6: But I remember sitting on that maroon chair in the back and deciding, I guess good is not good enough.
Speaker 1: I will only be great.
Speaker 6: And what ended up happening from twelve years old to thirty five years old. I would not settle for anything good. And now I'm looking at my son and he's not good. And I couldn't rationalize or reconcile what was going on in me and God, I was like, you're gonna have to become okay with things being good. And I had to go and heal that twelve year old Michael to be able to even raise the thirty five year old Michael and raise his son. And Bro, I went on a journey, bro and man because I went on this healing journey, because I spent the money. Everybody talking about investing property, you're the only thing that is priceless.
Speaker 1: As always invest in your mental wealth.
Speaker 6: I want you invest in yourself. You have to start from someplace you got us. But that's why I went first, DJ and V. This is why I wrote this book This may not be my most popular book, but it's my most valuable book because if anybody actually reads this, they're gonna be like, Dang, I can see myself and maybe I'll take the first step.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more with pastor Mike Todd. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 9: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj NV, Charlamagne and the God. We are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with past the Mike Todd his new book, Damage but Not Destroyed, From Trauma to Triumph.
Speaker 1: It's out right now, Charlamagne. I love how you talk about you know, how you need God and therapy? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Bro, No how people feel like you can't have bocal They'll say things like you can't have faith in God.
Speaker 1: Faith and fear don't coexist. I don't know.
Speaker 6: The first thing you got to realize is the opposite of faith is not fear. The opposite of faith is love. The Bible says perfect love cast out all fear. The truth of the matter is most people don't know how love they are by God, so that's where fear really comes from. But the truth of the matter for me is I've been raised in church. I'm a pastor's kid. I've been around in my whole life, been at the altar, play, done all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: And I believe.
Speaker 6: Me and my wife believe in theology and therapy. We believe in prayer and going to a practice. We believe in worshiping and doing the hard work. Because the truth of the matter is, many times what happens at church, at the altar, in your alone time with God is a catalyst.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to start something.
Speaker 6: And for years, especially in the Black Church, and for many reasons, like maybe because we didn't have access to things, and maybe because we weren't taught about them, or maybe generationally there was a stigma on it. But we act like everything happened when they prayed.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 6: Everything started when they prayed, and we're supposed to continue to pray. But there was some stuff that was in me that I had to communicate about. If you watch Jesus in the Bible, most of the miracles happened in communication.
Speaker 1: They weren't just like bow and then it's over. It was they were walking with him. He had disciples that walked.
Speaker 6: With him like me and you sitting here that was still cutting people's ears off, still backstabbing, still doing stuff.
Speaker 1: But it was a process.
Speaker 6: And I just think that church has to do a better job at letting people know that when you get saved, that's your spirit getting saved, but you still got this flesh and you still got this soul, the mind, willing emotions, and it has to be continually worked on. It has to be continually transformed. And that's why I go to church.
Speaker 1: I mean, ask your question right now, let's go.
Speaker 9: So my daughter was talk committee of other day and she was talking about the Bible, right, yeah, and she was telling me that there was a lot of things in the Bible that wasn't understandable to her. Right, So, what would you say to a child or young adult that's reading the Bible, even adult that's reading the Bible, and say, hey, when you talk about this in the Bible, it's kind of like it happens every day.
Speaker 1: But when you talk about this, it's like, oh my gosh, you can't do that. So what do you say on that effect?
Speaker 6: Number One, you cannot look at culture to be able to get what you need to get from the Bible.
Speaker 9: So that's the first Some things in the Bible that I cancel you forever those jobsponsors completely, But.
Speaker 1: It's so in the Bible.
Speaker 6: So the truth of the matter is the spirit of the Bible is stronger than the word of the Bible, the letter of the Bible. And that's why I believe you have to have an actual relationship with God. What I would encourage your daughter to do is, first not just start. There's some parts in the Bible that if you start there, you're gonna be confused for the rest of your life. Start with the Gospels. Go to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Just learn about Jesus. Learn the person of Jesus. That's what I would tell anybody. Don't go start in the Old Testament trying to figure out what all the sacrifices are in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Just start there because in the person of Jesus, he is the Word and when that word comes to life in you. And then tell her to watch some of my messages. Tell her to check in with somebody who's done the studying and can break it down in another level. How does your daughter twenty one? Tell her to go back and watch relationship goes by Mike Todd like, just send it to her. And I'm telling you there, sometimes it's harder to understand something when you approach it by yourself instead of approaching it with somebody who knows, how did your car work? All of us we go to our car and we probably y'all, y'all rich, So y'all push a start button or don't even touch it and it comes on.
Speaker 1: You don't know all of the things that happened for that to happen.
Speaker 6: But if you get with a mechanic somebody who works with that, they'll be able to say, hey, this is how this happens.
Speaker 1: This, and you come with another understanding.
Speaker 6: So I believe that the Bible is something that you approach by yourself in your alone time, but you can't stay there. I had to get people to help me understand that thing. And I think that's what I would tell your daughter. You know, I want to go back to the theology in therapy thing. I got a couple of questions about that. My good brother little Duval he posted a few weeks ago. He put a lot of y'all going to therapy because you're avoiding God.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no. I that may be his experience.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people need to go to therapy because of what God has shown them and a lot of times God shows you you in situations.
Speaker 1: And I will agree some people are going to therapy running from God.
Speaker 6: Like I will say that because they need to prove that they are working on something, and so going to therapy paying the thing not being checked in just going and sitting there for an hour. That could make you feel good like you check something off. But I do truly believe that we have been made by a creator and God has given people the ability to understand me and my wife. They had to do this thing called reprocessing. I don't know if everybody knows what that means, but like literally you have to go to a situation, you have to think about that situation, and then you have to actually think about what you wish would have happened, how it could have been different. You got to retrain the pathways in your brain to be able to see here feel something different. And God made us that unique and so I believe it's both. And I believe there are some people that will go to therapy running from God. And I think there are some people that go to God running from therapy. Do I think everybody needs therapy. Yes, the Bible says that there is wisdom in the multitude of counselors. I don't think that everybody just needs therapy for their emotional stuff. They need therapy for their finances. I got counselors for my finances. I got counselors from our relationship. I got counselors. If the Bible says there's wisdom in the multitude of counselors, you need therapy and us how to respond sometimes to your kids.
Speaker 1: I mean we were all raised differently, but sometimes especially.
Speaker 6: In our community, like the hand the embarrassing our kids be raising our kids, A lot of that stuff is just because it happened to us, and we've never admitted how much that jacked us up. So then we try to do it to the next generation and see like and then and play it like it's good parenting. All I'm saying is maybe you need to talk to somebody, like, maybe you actually need to communicate what being embarrassed in the grocery store actually did to you and why you all puffed up every time anybody tries to correct you.
Speaker 8: How do you know when to bring your pain to a therapist. And when you bring your pain to God.
Speaker 6: I think you bring all your pain to God. The Bible says cast all your cares up on him because he cares for you. It says, take on the easy yoke and the easy burden that he has traded him for that. I take everything to God. I acknowledge God in all my ways. He will direct my packth. He directed my path to therapy.
Speaker 1: Bro I was a pastor. I was the crazy faith guy.
Speaker 6: I was like, Yo, we're gonna pray, We're gonna believe in God's like, no, you're gonna sit your butt down and talk to an old white lady. What like, just let's shout. And he was like, no, you need to cry. I mean I haven't cried. I can count on my hands how many times I have cried as a grown man.
Speaker 1: That's not okay. My body needs to release those emotions and that stuff.
Speaker 6: But I had not been taught how to do that, and just how I needed to be taught how to drive, taught how to run a business, taught how to actually be a husband. I needed to be taught how to be able to deal with my emotions. And it was almost like I was seeing in black and white. The reason the cover of the book is black and white is because that's why I was living. Even though I was smiling, it was black and white. Now, like what God's done in my heart? Now? How I can love this woman now, the four kids that I'm raising, the people I can affect now, bro, it's three D H D color.
Speaker 1: And was it hard? Hell? Yes?
Speaker 6: Like it too a lot to keep showing up and to keep paying for it. Come on, let's be for real, Like when you start seeing that tax like you like, oh shoot, but was it worth it? I'm telling you right now. It was the greatest investment that I've ever made in myself. And I couldn't keep it to myself. I could have wrote another book, I could have done something, but God was like, nah, you need to You got to share this because there's more people who are damaged and they need to know they're not destroyed.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, on movie, got more with Pastor Mike Todd. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Yeah, what's fact? It's the Breakfast Club and Pastor Mike Todd is here. His book Damage but Not Destroyed From Trauma to Triumph is out right now Charlamagne, what.
Speaker 1: The untransferred wounds.
Speaker 6: The truth of the matter is every wound that you get has the ability to transfer to somebody else in your actions or in your non actions. And that's why I said earlier, what's not transformed, its transferred. You got a lot of your mom and daddy and you that they didn't give you directly. They gave it to you because you received the way that you handle issues, the way that you go through stuff. We got a lot of stuff because they didn't handle it. I'll give a prime example. I tell it in the book. I had a pornography addiction. I mean jacked up, taking my money, my mind, my.
Speaker 1: Focus, money.
Speaker 6: Oh bro, Yeah, back in the day, you know when okay, come on now, don't act like you did in three ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Sometimes come on now.
Speaker 6: And if you was buying magazines or if you're doing any of it, come on, let's be honest. It was robbing me, and the money was the least part of it. Well, I'm going through this whole thing by myself. I'm suffering, still trying to pray, still trying to love God, still trying to And if somebody's like the pastor, I tell it every Sunday, don't even trip like because we out here, every man is actually struggling with something. Okay, I'm out here addicted, trying to do what I've been called to do. After I actually start going through the process of healing and making decisions and making disciplines and being accountable and all this other stuff, I find out. My dad he was a drum major for Graanmlin State University, and they came to New York. There was a street back in the day. Now, this back back in the day where they had peak shows down the whole street.
Speaker 1: That's forty second Street.
Speaker 6: Okay, so he know the street, forty street, And he said, back in the day, they got here on the bus and he said, he got a pocket full of quarters, and you could go and you could put the money in the machine and then the curtain would open and you see naked women. Back in the day, that was the equivalent of pornography, he said. After I told him what I was going through, he said, Mike, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I never told you about it. I'm sorry I never dealt with it publicly. I'm sorry that I did this, he said, because I had five sons and every single one of my brothers and me dealt with the sexual addiction because what was not transformed in him was transferred into us. Do you get counseling from the other passes. Yeah, definitely. People have been in the game a lot longer than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, we had an awesome meeting for probably about five hours at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Tdj he's like the og of OG's.
Speaker 6: So so he we met and it was like in this secret building that was unmarked and we went up and like you hit the floor and it's like a restaurant.
Speaker 1: I'm like where am I was like me with the Godfather, you understand? Yeah, And I'm like I'm like what is going on?
Speaker 6: And that man just begin to pour into me. I love td Jakes as just somebody who talks even more than preaching if you ever get to just talk to him. That mentorship, mentorship from Tim Ross, mentorship from Robert Morris, mentorship from Stephen Ferdick, mentorship from all like, it's invaluable what you learn from people who've been damaged. It's invaluable what you can learn from somebody who will share from their damage. And that's what all of those men did, Like if I think about it right now, like I'm thinking, you call it mentoring, but all mentor mentoring it really is, is people showing you where they messed up, where they should have done it differently, sharing from their damage, and it helps push you into your desk.
Speaker 1: Was this after the spit incident? No, brother, that was before. Okay, I'm the spit hits the fan. That's what I call it. I would break it down. People don't know. I know we reported a long time ago. First off, let me say this.
Speaker 6: I am not a regular preacher, like when I say a regular preacher, like, I was bored in church, and so when God called me to preach, I was like, all right, I'm gonna actually use everything that I have to help people get it. And so I tell stories, I use examples, and honestly I'm doing everything how Virgil Ablo said for my seventeen year old self. Most seventeen year olds they don't care nothing about church. They trying to see the girl with the booty and go eat and go play with it. So I'm trying to like capture. So I've always used examples and stuff like that. And so there's this story in the Bible where Jesus basically heals a man by spitting on his hand and putting on his face. And so this is an example I'd done three times before. And this is what my blood little brother. This is not some random audience member or anything like this. Now there is a brother we fought blood like, this is my little brother. And he wanted to do the example with me so I could show it. And the whole idea was many people will not be willing to go through a messy process to get their healing.
Speaker 1: So the idea was this man was blind, he wasn't deaf.
Speaker 6: So if Jesus is about to spit, he's standing there in front of Jesus and he can hear, Like if you hear somebody.
Speaker 1: About the huck Alula, you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 6: And I was trying to say, as disgusting as this is, that man stayed there and he received something that nobody else could give him. And as I was saying that, I said, maybe you the counseling would be messy for you, Maybe apologizing would be messing for you. Maybe downsizing your house would be messy for you. After you've put on this whole thing about how God blessed you. But what if on the other side of this mess was your healing? And I did the example. It worked too well, and by that night we was on DMZ, CNN, next morning, Breakfast Club, all that stuff, and it was somebody has was saying to me the other day there was like, do you wish it wouldn't have happened?
Speaker 1: I was like, honestly no. It shocked me.
Speaker 6: But what I had to deal with internally and what I had to become okay with inside of me because of that situation.
Speaker 1: It made me into a man that I would have never met had it not happened.
Speaker 6: It changed my whole view of who I was called to reach and how much I needed anybody's applause damaged.
Speaker 1: What do you hope people get from this book? Man?
Speaker 6: I believe that if you read this book and actually do the work that's in here. I tell people this all the time. It may not have been your fault what happened to you, but it is now your responsibility. It's time to do the work. And I'm just here to say I've had to do the work in front of people, like with one hundreds of thousand people's watching me, judging me, all this stuff.
Speaker 1: You can do this work.
Speaker 6: That's right, no matter where you are, how much money you have, what your family thinks about it, you will become a different person and that will be able to actually be a blessing to other people. The healed version of you is better than the version of you that you have right now. I dedicated this book to my great grandkids, like in the dedication. Now my oldest daughter's ten. And I dedicated it because the Bible says a good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children. And yes, I want to leave them houses, Yes I want to leave them investments, but I want to leave them emotional health. I pray one day my grandson picks this book up and is able to say, my Grandpapa dealt with his stuff. And I know I'm struggling right now because life be lifing and everybody's going to go through it. But God be God, But God be God, and therapy be therapy. And that's why the back of the but it's a double cover. The front is me smiling, that's the triumph. But the back of it is me, my dad, my four brothers, and my son. This is a picture of all of us it looks like me, but it's all of us because You're image affects every person you say you love.
Speaker 1: So if you want to do the work, join me.
Speaker 6: Damage but not destroyed, you want to be prayed for you cause, Father, we just thank you for this opportunity to be here, to be in this moment, to be with you, For everybody listening, and with my four brothers in the room, I thank you Father that something was said here that sparks their faith to believe that you can help them deal with their damage. God, we got different relationships, different responsibilities, different pains, different hurts, but God, you know them all. I thank you that by faith, something is about to change on the inside of every person under the sound of my voice, bring back a moment, a memory, a reason why they need to make this step. And I thank you that no matter what has happened to them, no matter how bad or how good, I thank you that you can take our trauma and you can turn it into triumph. You can take our pain and you can turn it into platform. Father, I thank you for all the people who are damaged but not destroyed. Bless them me is my prayer in Jesus name. We agree Amen, Amen, ladies and gentlemen. Pastor Mike Todd, we appreciate you, brother. I appreciate y'all. It's the Breakfast Club, Goo Morning.
Speaker 1: It's a little Morning everybody.
Speaker 9: It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura l Rosa is here our special guest host, and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 7: From the reports, I think a lot of people will recognize the voice from the.
Speaker 1: Name on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Lauren came in hot, you know, so Nicki Minaje had to get on Instagram live and address the fact or announce the fact that she is changing her album release date again. So originally her album was supposed to drop on This is Peak Friday too. It was supposed to drop on October twenty eight, and then she pushed it to November seventeen, so the bards got excited, and then yesterday she an now said it's going to be pushed to December eighth, her birthday, because Little Wayne is dropping on November seventeenth, and fans were concerned. I saw some people upset because they felt like people always step on Nicki Minaja's release dates. But she got online and she basically said, you know, wayn wouldn't do that to me. Y'all know we don't play with each other. I'm pushing a date and it's already been pushed behind the scenes for some time, so this is not anything new, but she says she decided to push it.
Speaker 1: What other dates that's been stepped known by Nikki? I don't I don't remember.
Speaker 7: There's always a thing.
Speaker 4: I don't remember exactly, but there's always a thing with Nikki and when she releases, people feeling like other people release those days or that week or vice versas. People feel like she comes during the week when other people are going to release. Like I think that there was a thing like where her CARDI the last release step CARDI did. I think the Mega Sallion song. There was something recently.
Speaker 8: And I mean that's smart though, because Wayne is the CEO, because she still signed to your Money, right, I believe, so you have It's like, you know, why would you compete with your compete with yourself own artists. It's like y'all might be competing for a number one, So you let Nikki come out get a number one, and it'll come out you get a number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And she also said too that like she wanted to have the vinyl ready for the actual album release was also smart because I think all that can add to the streams and the sales, right, So that one, yeah, that won't be ready until the seventeenth of November either, so she wanted to wait so you know, on that day you'll also be able to pre order tickets for her tour.
Speaker 7: So basically, like there's nothing shisty.
Speaker 4: Going on, like some people were trying to point out online when they realized Wayne's release state was the same day.
Speaker 7: So we'll wait for that. It's a job now.
Speaker 4: Britney Spears back trending again. Brittany is always Brittany. She wasn't dancing this time.
Speaker 1: This time.
Speaker 4: This is apart from her book, and this was actually funny. So Britney Spears has a new book out. It's called The Woman in Me and that book is out right now. So in the book she talks a lot about her life right, her past, exes, her career, all that good stuff.
Speaker 7: She talked about a.
Speaker 4: Lot about justin Timberlake, with a lot of different things. One of the things she mentioned though, was how how hard she felt like justin Timberlake would try to fit in whenever he met black artists. She specifically talked about a black sint when he met Genuine.
Speaker 7: We have some audio.
Speaker 15: His band in Sync was what people back then called so Pimp. They were white boys, but they loved hip hop. To me, that's what separated them from the Backstreet boys, who seemed very consciously to position themselves as a white group. In Sync hung out with black artists sometimes I thought they tried too hard to fit in. One day, Jay and I were in New York going to parts of town I'd never been to before. Walking our way was a guy with a huge, blinged out medallion. He was flanked by two giant security guards. Jay got all excited and said so loud, oh yeahoches fosches genuine. What's up, homie, that's a genuine walked away. Felicia did an impression of Jay, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boches boshes genuine.
Speaker 7: Jay wasn't even embarrassed. I'm not gonna be able to get that out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, fo, I gotta read that book like he's not a hip hop Asian boy. So what was that about?
Speaker 6: You see?
Speaker 1: They called me Lake for Lake What what the hell was that.
Speaker 4: So that was another justin Timberlake clip because once this went viral from Britney's book, social media went crazy, you know how they do, and they went and pulled this clip saying that like he does that whole you.
Speaker 1: Know, he always has to be boxing. I've heard him do him several times. A lot of worse things he could have said to Genuine though.
Speaker 8: He could have ran up the genuine and say, pony, if you let's do it, ride it okay, my pony, and then the stupid as that little stupid ass pony dance. That would have been awkward.
Speaker 7: He could have ran up the genu wine and called him like Irish and there's a lot of things.
Speaker 1: And that era a white person saying for isn't really that crazy? Can I hear it again?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 7: No, not that one burying the league.
Speaker 1: Brittany.
Speaker 15: His band in Sync was what people back then called so Pimp. They were white, they loved hip hop. To me, that's what separated them from the backstreet Boar seemed very consciously to position themselves as a white group. Insynct hung out with black artists sometimes I thought they tried too hard to fit in. One day, Jay and I were in New York going to parts of town I'd never been to before. Walking our way was a guy with a harlem blinged out medallion. He was flanked by two giant security guards. Jay got all excited and said so loud, oh yeah, genuine, What does that told me? After Genuine walked away, Felicia did an impression of Jay. Oh yeaheses genuine.
Speaker 7: Jay wasn't even embarrassed that way.
Speaker 1: It off to me what the he was bringing on the black song? Oh baby, bring it on to me? Hold on, I don't remember that. What the hell was that that boyfriend no girlfriend?
Speaker 8: Remixix that girl's boyfriend girlfriend.
Speaker 1: No, that's be two k no man, buy somebody.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know if he was so they run by it to the barbecue.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, no damn barbecue. I really didn't think people mess with like that.
Speaker 8: Britney Spin's book roll Out not hitting like it should be. Jada Pinker Smith's at the bar to I ain't.
Speaker 1: Heard nothing from Brittany book that this might be better.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you something about I'm halfway through Jada Pinks Smith book. Jada Pinker Smith book is fine, You're.
Speaker 7: Not gonna read Britney's no.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah for.
Speaker 13: Ship jenu Wine.
Speaker 1: What's up, Homie, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: No, that's fell Williams but not not not Dustiny's shops.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Homie, foss fo ses you got dog here today?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, man, speaking of words, we need the brother Blue Faith to come to the front of the car and get you.
Speaker 1: We like to have a word with him. This is a teachable moment.
Speaker 9: Okay, folks, fot ses. We'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Logan Morning Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Don't be out here acting like a donkey, bitch. It's time for Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy. I could take it if you feel out deserve It ain't no big deal, I know. Charlottage God gonna have funny mouth. You gotta say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I'm mean.
Speaker 9: Who's getting that donky, that donkey that don't don't don't don't't.
Speaker 1: Donkey of the day right here the breakfast club, bitch. You you can call me the donkey of the day. But like I mean, no harm. Yes, it's donkey today for Wednesday, October twenty fifth.
Speaker 8: Let me make sure that's the day in the date. Yes Wednesdays, Yes, Wednesday, October twenty fifth. It goes to the young man we call blue Face. I cannot lie. Today's donkey is literally what donkey of the day is designed for. See all of us as certain points in our lives or donkeys. All of us at certain points in our lives must get the credit we deserve for being stupid, doing something stupid, are saying something stupid because there's a difference between the three.
Speaker 6: Some people just dumb, okay. Some people are smart but do dumb things from time to time. Are say dumb things from time to time that would absolutely be me?
Speaker 1: Okay. In fact, what blue Face did I've done?
Speaker 12: Hell?
Speaker 1: I still do it now? Did it? Last week?
Speaker 8: Argue on my mean ass niece Taylor about some damn Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift No, and I don't know a damn thing about them white people's business, And I ended up being loud and wrong. It happens, okay, But when it happens, you have to hold yourself accountable, and someone in the room has to point out how ridiculous you sound. Clearly nobody was there to do that for the young brother blue Face, but that's why Donkey of the Day exists.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: Blue Face made an appearance recently on the No Jumper podcast and he was talking about his child's middle name, the child he shared with the young woman known as Krishan Rock.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: The child's middle name is Jesus, as in Jesus Christ, the man who Christians believe was the son of God and whose teachings are the basis of Christianity. Now, Blue Face had some thoughts about Krishan Rock name and the child Jesus. Would you like to hear him? Let's go to the No Jumper podcast for the report.
Speaker 1: Please, right, but if it's your kid, then connection with right that my kid will never be named Krishan Malone Hayes Sous Jr. Well, what if it is your kids? Hey, Zus is crazy. She would have to change bro which is so dumb. She really think j E. S U S spells Jesus on in twenty twenty three on in Today's Planning. She don't even know that that's Jesus. Right, But she's not Mexican or anything since speaks Spanish. Right, I don't know who's gonna tell her how you spell Jesus. Then that's the question I have. We'll get to that.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 8: Blue Face is not wrong, but he's not right either, because there's an English pronunciation of Jesus and the Spanish pronunciation of Jesus, no, or an American an American pronunciation of Jesus and the Spanish pronunciation of Jesus. My mother was an English teacher, and mon's going to South Carolina's. Even though I can't pronounce the spell or be grammatically correct, I know a little something like the American.
Speaker 6: Pronunciation is Jesus, right? I think the English pronunciation is uh, he's he's, He's He's sous, hey sus, He's hey sus heus.
Speaker 8: The Black version is Jesus, right. The Spanish version is Hayesus. Yes, yes, But no matter where you are from or how you say it, it's spelled j e s U s okay all versions. Now, I'm not mad at Blue Face, because I'm sure growing up on the West Coast around all those Mexicans, j e s Us more often than not is Hajesus. But myself, as a black man growing up down South, mother being Jehovah's witness grandmother being a Baptist.
Speaker 1: I see j E. S Us and I see Jesus. When you see j E. S Us? Lauren, what do you see Jesus? When you see j E. S Us? What do you see Jesus?
Speaker 8: Now here's the thing, Blue Face, and the reason you're getting donkey today. You can't call somebody dumb with extreme confidence the way you did. I mean, listen to how he said it.
Speaker 1: Listen, you's so dumb if you really think j E. S Us spells Jesus. You can't start off a statement saying it's just so dumb.
Speaker 8: You can't call somebody so dumb with such confidence, but then follow it up with something dumber.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would make y'all dumb. I'm and dumba. And then he said, I don't know who's gonna tell us? No, Blue who's gonna tell you? Okay? Blueface? You know what I want to know? Some question? And be just asked, how do you spell Jesus Christ?
Speaker 8: We know how you would spell Hayesius the Mexican Worker, but how would you spell Jesus Christ? And when you was reading the Bible growing up as a child, who do you think Jesus was? Okay, Jesus turned water to wine. Hey, Sue's probably turned water to tequila.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, seriously, brother, how do you think Jesus Christ is actually spelled?
Speaker 1: Because if this whole time you thought j E. S U.
Speaker 8: S was just Hey Sus, then that means you thought this Mexican was making all these miracles happened in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now this is a moment to teach, not a moment to shame.
Speaker 6: Words that have spelled the same but pronounced differently are called y'all went to college.
Speaker 1: Heteronyms? What heteronyms?
Speaker 8: Okay, two or more words having the same spelling are pronunciation, but different meanings and origins are.
Speaker 1: Homonyms.
Speaker 8: He said on the Home I'm just trying not to say it just sound heteronym home on this Okay, personally, I like my words non binary.
Speaker 1: All right, our trains, But let's stick to the heteros for a minute. L I V E. You can let them live? Can I live?
Speaker 8: We all deserve to live. But then you can say I'm going live NBA Live. I'll be live on stage tonight. I'll tell you another heteron them our E s U and me resume I sent in my resume versus, please return to your seats. The Blue Face Show will resume in a few minutes. Then you have t e a r Okay, he shed a tear versus I'll tear your ass up. You got present? Pr E s E n T. You can present an award to someone or there can be a present under the tree. This is what we all must learn in regards to calling someone dumb. Calling someone dumb doesn't make any of us smarter. So instead of calling somebody dumb, use that dumb situation as a moment to teach, because the problem with stupidity is that it doesn't always recognize itself. And that is why Donkey of the Day exist. Okay, I am here every day to recognize your stupidity. For you, please give Blue Face the sweet sounds of the hamiltones.
Speaker 1: Oh No, you are the dog of the day, the doge ah the day yee.
Speaker 8: And if you listen to this Donkey of the day later, and you know you correct me on anything. I already told y'all I'm dumb. I already told y'all I'm stupid. I'm not sitting here trying to be smart. All Okay, Well, all right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of stupid, shout to be et. What I'm gonna tell you? Why would you do the bet? You know I said, shout to be t About to go into the next topic. Don't know how to talk?
Speaker 8: Yes, there's so many things I've learned about you this year. Number one, you're stupid. I knew that for a long time though. But number two, you really don't know how to talk. But I knew that for a while as well.
Speaker 7: It's not like you were calling BT exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't even realize what I said, peace b Et. Now let's get into the toe. You said speaking of stupid peace b Oh, my bad, beat Piet. But now or you stupid? I mean just dumb? Do you expect anything else? No, I'm right to work with you for thirteen that's come to me and it is n't be that stupid.
Speaker 7: Yes, but they don't ask surprise, but not you stupid too?
Speaker 1: But you know that stupid he don't know he's stupid.
Speaker 7: The blindly and the blind dumb and dumber.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just dumb. He's dumb. No, he's dumber. I'm dumb.
Speaker 7: Are both dumb for arguing about who's dumber?
Speaker 1: Like, let's no, you are the dumbest.
Speaker 7: That's better than this mister English.
Speaker 1: Period dumbest in the room. He's the most dump dumbest. You know you should an exclamation point, exclamation point. You don't know what I mean, that's that's yep, dumb dumb ass, dumbst What were you getting to and be like you get here? No I do.
Speaker 9: I was arguing with Taylor. I'll producing it was a dumb argument. That's what I was trying to say them to. You ain't know what you want to see. Stud We would watch the NNBL some stupid stuff. But we were talking about my favorite movie coming to America, and she was saying to come into America. That Eddie Murphy was not testing Lisa. He said, it wasn't a test at all, Lord, And I said, it wasn't talking.
Speaker 8: With this little young girl about that we were born in the nineteen hundred, nineteen hundred and seventies.
Speaker 4: But her point was though, that he didn't know certain things anyway. So they were exploring together.
Speaker 8: That's mean why when Hakim came home and Simmy had decked out the place, he was so upset because he wanted Lisa to.
Speaker 1: Fall in love with him. And not notice money and his wealth and who he was.
Speaker 9: So the question is eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five to one, Fellas, do you test women like this? Meaning do you say, hey, buy your own ticket and then when she gets there, you pay for the ticket to see if that she's even willing to do it? Do you say, hey, I left my wallet in the car, can you handle le bill? I'll get it back to you when we get back to the car. Fellas, do you test women and women? Do you test men? Do you make them do some things before you give them the box to see if they're really there for you and not for the box or whoever your partners are correct.
Speaker 8: I'm sure women do test though what we do because you know, if you're really about to get it in with a dude, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure I feel like the test never stopped, Like it's really different levels of test for sure.
Speaker 9: But let's discuss when we come back. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, fellas, do you test women? Is that a way that you do it to make sure she's not there for the money in there for you? And ladies, do you test the man to make sure he's not there?
Speaker 1: For the poem. Poem, Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Lego Morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is DJ n G, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the Breakfast Club Laura La Rosa and see how special guest host. Yes, sir, now if you're just joining us, Taylor who's a producer here and I will arguing my favorite movie is coming to America. I love that movie. I'll watch it a thousand times if it's on television. But she was telling me that she doesn't feel like Eddie Murphy in the movie. Was testing Lisa. He said she he just didn't know anything in New York because he wasn't from it. But I was trying to explain to her the whole thing was a test and wanted to be acting like a janitor because he wanted her to love him.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Said, he was looking for real love, real life. Why I wouldn't say nothing about the dollars. That's why I want to send me decked out the apartment and he was bringing Lisa over. He got upset because he was like, damn, you know what I'm saying, Like I want her to see me as a poor person because I want her to fall in love with me.
Speaker 1: That's where he would know it was real. Correct.
Speaker 9: So we're asking fellas do you test women when you take him out on dates? And ladies do you test men? Let's start off with you Ms.
Speaker 1: Larena Rosa. Do you test these guys out here?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't take them on dates, but well.
Speaker 1: You know before you let them, you know, whatever y'all get.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a few tests that you do.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a few tests that you do because you want to make sure number one are actually single like they said they are. I need to know, Like y'all about to be mad at me for this one, but I need to know that like where you are in life on and they dress really nice, Like I want to see, like how you live, Like I want to.
Speaker 7: See your apartment And I want to say, because they.
Speaker 4: Know I'm saying that's that's when you meet a person and they physically look like something because of their it does put a little bit of an image in your mind.
Speaker 7: But I want to see.
Speaker 4: I want to take it a step further, like I want to see how you live in with your apartment, like how you upkeep yourself, like what your you gotta wash routine like I need to see all of that because to me, the better you take care of yourself, the more I think that you're like exposed to And that's important to me as well. And one of the tests, so if you can travel with somebody, I think if you can travel with somebody, there might be something there.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna be honest with you, man.
Speaker 8: I don't have conversations with Taylor about relationships because that's just stupid. This room is very sad, and I want you all to know that I think this room is sad and it's miserable with me and everybody single and every day in my life, I thank god that I'm married and I found a love of my life twenty five years ago. Because these conversations be so low vibrational, everybody needs to grow up.
Speaker 1: Taylor is full of toxic behavior. Lauren is full of toxic behavior, full of toxic behavior. I don't see the need of playing games with people. Why is it?
Speaker 8: Thank you don't roll in here like this, don't roll in here like this. Okay, we don't need to be testing folks, all right. Either you like somebody or you don't. Either you vibe with somebody or you don't. Wife was already hard enough. It's already a test. Why you test that?
Speaker 7: That's very true, but you but but.
Speaker 4: You still there are certain there are certain you might like someone, but there are certain things that if they do it, if they do these things, it might turn you off.
Speaker 7: And you just kind of want to know what you're gett yourself in.
Speaker 1: But there's a man out there right in this City Girl era. Right, we heard City Girls album the whole.
Speaker 6: Week the girls got men, right, but what is the whole Nobody get the poem poom except for the album is talking about I messing with you unless you buy me porsches, unless you buy me.
Speaker 1: A lot of the albums like that, I mean, but most of that JT literally says on the album can't nobody get this?
Speaker 9: But the album's talking about it and telling women, Hey, I'm not messing with you unless you do this, unless I do that.
Speaker 1: Unless that's not every woman seeing you want talk about album.
Speaker 9: But I'm saying with that, a guy might want to test a woman to see that that she's really there for him and not.
Speaker 1: For the ball. Why do you have to test people?
Speaker 4: Either you like somebody, people are messed up out here, Charlottage the dating, the dating work.
Speaker 7: But why but for a lot of I mean, I can't speak for everybody.
Speaker 4: For myself. I don't have time to go through the motions and then find out I wasted my time. Let me know what I'm getting into before.
Speaker 1: I get into you testing people as a form of manipulation.
Speaker 7: Lying is a form of manipulation.
Speaker 1: But well we have Lauren on the line another God special Lauren, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning, show genuine all that you know whatever they think?
Speaker 1: So you be testing these guys out there? How you be testing these guys?
Speaker 13: And why I don't have facts on the first date. I custom to see if they genuine me call me next day to say if they really trying to get to know me or.
Speaker 12: Did they just want to die?
Speaker 1: Guys, nobody, that's that's a test.
Speaker 13: Not always Usually a guy will even talk to you because he's in just said and freedom with you. A friend of mine told me men are original creatures. They see you, they want to you, so they might do whatever it take just to get the box as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but if the person likes you, it don't matter whether it's a date or three dates, or you got John Clayton's ninety day rule, Like if they like you, they're gonna be there.
Speaker 1: That's why they time will.
Speaker 4: Tell regards if he just want to hit and move on, he knows that in the beginning, that's right, they make that.
Speaker 7: I think that that doesn't how long you make.
Speaker 1: Them with hello your third go on, brother. We're talking about the test these women out there, all right.
Speaker 11: So I feel about the situation, right is if.
Speaker 12: We're going on the movie that or whatever, and they will and know I'm saying I test them or whatnot. If they willing to say for the ticket and they don't hesitate and they say I got through whatever, that I.
Speaker 11: Mean that told me that they might have the same goal or they.
Speaker 12: Might be going for the same goal we got in a relationship or reached for it. Right, So like me saying I might not paying back, but you know what I mean, depend on how to day go. I'm paying back.
Speaker 1: You gotta pay back, I mean.
Speaker 9: But I mean that's a good test because you can pull up to the front of the movie there and be like, yo, go get the tickets. I'm a park to see if they're actually gonna go do it, and be like I get it when when I get back.
Speaker 1: That's a good tests. Just see if she's willing to even do that. But she had no money.
Speaker 6: I mean that some guys also, some guys test. Because I ain't got no problem with y'all not dating broke women, I think we need to take all power back. They have been shaming broke men and not dating broke men forever. So don't date broke women. I'm not I don't have a problem with that, But why what's the point y'all gonna miss each other? Because y'all don't ever try to get to know each other. I'll be trying to tell you.
Speaker 7: You're projecting because we none of us said that. That's our thing.
Speaker 6: Everything about y'all is superficial. It's about what a man can buy you. It's about where a man can take you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Like now, it's about testing men. Testing that is not that.
Speaker 7: It's not all about that.
Speaker 1: Kim, Wait for learn to come in here with a man and just just look at you.
Speaker 7: When I find my king, he is not coming anywhere near him. Envy, I don't know. I gotta give you because you go in and out of it, but nowhere near truck. This heaven over here.
Speaker 1: Not Laurence smart Taylor, you let meet your king. I met one of them before. Why was he? I told him? I said, Yo, you know you know how season leaned in on the Planet of the Eighth. I gave a pound, I said.
Speaker 7: He was like, you bring all your dates here.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You, I was about I would pull up just because I want you to like test them a little bit, but not you want off the spot.
Speaker 12: Eight.
Speaker 6: By the way, I ain't say I was playing that. Damn you bring all your dates here and just walked off, he laughed.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and.
Speaker 9: Five eight five one of the five one, fellas, do you test women?
Speaker 1: That is the question, fellas, do you test women? Ladies? Do you test men? Let's talk about this breakfast slogo Morning the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura Lorosa, our guest co host, is here.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: This conversation came from me and Taylor. We were talking about Coming to America, which is my favorite movie. I was telling In the movie, Eddie Murphy was testing Lisa because he wanted to make sure that she was there for him, and she said, no, that's not the case. He didn't know anything about New York. Said, no, that's not true.
Speaker 8: And I also want the record to show Lisa McDowell would have went to Applebee's, she would have went to Chile.
Speaker 1: She done went to Chipotle.
Speaker 8: She was willing to go to that hood ass apartment in the projects at Queen's and she found her prince soon to be King.
Speaker 7: I gotta rewatch the movie.
Speaker 1: Did she sure did? She found her prince soon to be King because she wasn't superficial.
Speaker 7: So you want me to go to the projects and just.
Speaker 1: No, I want you to give the janit to a chance to work. But I want you to I want you to give the work at McDonald's. Man, he didn't sit caught tight at the game. It was way high too. That's right, that's right now, can we go? Y'all don't forgot about kissing the frog turning them into a prince.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, this is not that we forgot about it.
Speaker 4: It's just when you do that multiple times and you get handed, you're behind the kids, you get tired of it.
Speaker 7: You kind of want to meet somebody that's.
Speaker 1: Already you already want to meet the prince, or he's like you can, he's.
Speaker 4: Morphing a bit where you can actually see it, like the crowd is kind of like coming up a little bit. Because it's if you waste your time so much that it's like we can't date for a potential.
Speaker 8: That's why I think testing is a waste of time. Investing y'all doing that's a waste of time.
Speaker 4: But the testing comes from those guidelines that you you kind of create from trying to protect yourself.
Speaker 1: Listen, you can do it too.
Speaker 7: Most men won't just lay down to have a kid with anybody.
Speaker 1: I'm married, Mika. You I'm here, Mika, you be testing these these dudes.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Talk to us.
Speaker 3: That's why she's single, clearly because guess what, it's more to life than about just poem poem. And I don't need no guy's money because I make my own baby.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Mika, tell me how it ain't working, and tell me about how it ain't working.
Speaker 3: The testing, Oh, it works great because sometimes you don't even got to test them. They open up their mouth and spoke too quick a wreck. Once they get the conversation tell you everything true?
Speaker 1: Indeed, So why are you still single again?
Speaker 3: I'm single because I haven't. God has a sent me the right man?
Speaker 1: Yes, I like I like that attitude.
Speaker 8: But you know maybe he has, but you too busy playing games testing him, and God ain't got time for you to be testing his blessings.
Speaker 1: Oh you're just gonna you're gonna test what I sent you. Let me take that back?
Speaker 12: Yeah, take that back, because.
Speaker 1: How you're gonna tell God takes back his blessing?
Speaker 4: Saw that mean that'd be like God sent you your man, but you said no, God he got on rockaway?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 10: Yo?
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: Damn you be testing these women?
Speaker 11: Yo, y'all I had to check well first of all, man, Yo, Delaware Queen, South Cacilac sound good together?
Speaker 1: Man? Oh thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: You need to say Delaware, not Delaware Queen, Delaware queens and South though he.
Speaker 1: Said Delaware Queen about queen. But I was thinking, I was like this Queen's and Delaware queens queen. Okay, yes you are going to be.
Speaker 11: Is a queen. Look but it's she was going to ua B and I'm out here in Atlanta, right If I would meet her in Aniston, and I would test her just for you. I would pay for her gas, money, the hotel, all that, right, So we get it's not many places to eat out there. So we had cracker barrel. She ordered all types of food. Damn the fifty dollars worth of breakfast.
Speaker 6: She's like, wow, breakfast is amazing, now, yo, she she gotta because that's you're lying.
Speaker 12: Let me let me tell you.
Speaker 13: She was just.
Speaker 10: She was just.
Speaker 2: I was testing her.
Speaker 11: So I laid a hundred on the table. I say, all right, look all that food you ordered, you could just add this, honey, Really, if you don't want all that food, yo, on my mother. She called a waitress back and say, hey, I don't want none of that. I just ordered some from the dollar menu. You test for all that, just.
Speaker 1: Bring his food?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: So you put a hundred on the table. She ordered for the dollar menu and then took you ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 11: She took my money, y'all.
Speaker 4: She basically tried to keep it under that on hundred caause she won't have to come out her pocket.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she wanted to money.
Speaker 12: But if it was coming out of my water.
Speaker 1: She crazy, I'm eating I'm definitely she must have had something to do.
Speaker 7: I would have ate and then XD for money for you.
Speaker 11: She was a college student though, but look the whole story. She is stripping now, so some of them strippers really going to couch.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 4: The story is when you meet the girl in the poll, she says she's stripping for her tuition.
Speaker 1: Believer, Yeah, why wouldn't she.
Speaker 4: I'm herebody, I'm the type I'll cash up you and I feel for y'all I do. My friends would be Likelauren, really cash So it was this one time, I just be honest. Something with singles cash well sometimes well sometimes you don't have everything you need right there in there. And I'm like, I really want to help you.
Speaker 1: So you told the ship and go get a phone and your cast off.
Speaker 4: No, So we went to a ship club in Queens and I met one of the strippers and she was telling me she's trying to do school, trying to nose to school. It's like a certain amount she needs to get in. And I'm lit and I'm talking to her and I'm like, girl, I really want this for you.
Speaker 7: What's your cash up? I want to send you money.
Speaker 1: The need that we was throwing was cool.
Speaker 4: Believe I believe a girl's girl. My friends didn't let me send it. I swear I was in the middle of it, and they were like, Lauren, what are you doing? She was saying, she did like fifteen hundred like.
Speaker 1: You were going to fifty. Were trying to hit don't play with me. It was my friend test. That was a test.
Speaker 7: You that money see me?
Speaker 1: That was the test.
Speaker 7: You see how GULLI where I am. That's why I gotta do tests because I need to. I just need fifteen. I was lit y'all like it was like four bottles.
Speaker 1: And at this point it was I got to tell you what I would tell one of my homeboys. You're doing too much. You don't have to do it.
Speaker 4: Literally, were like Lauren, Like to this day, they still joke about it, like you really pulled out your phone about to cash.
Speaker 1: Just whispered to her, you don't you don't have to do this.
Speaker 7: I said that, I told her that you have to do this. I said, baby girl, you have to be here.
Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 7: I'm I don't remember her name, but she was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Lauren. Lauren was I didn't know. I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I respect you honestly. I mean, I'm in there for a couple of days. I might gotta go back.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back. What was it?
Speaker 7: No, it was it was vanity and Queen's vanity.
Speaker 1: So it's crazy that you like men and women and you still single. That is wild.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I like women. I think it's just like a you know, like when you're in a strip club. It's the arts, That's what it is.
Speaker 7: It's the art.
Speaker 8: Willing to give a scrip of fifteen hundred and you told us she don't have to be here no more. She don't have to be doing this. She's too good for this.
Speaker 1: You like women?
Speaker 4: No, I just always want to empower people to like. If that's what you're trying to do when you in your hustling, I support it.
Speaker 6: Well, if you don't like women, you trans niggadi because that is I haven't seen that move a million times.
Speaker 1: You don't have to work here anymore.
Speaker 7: Now, y'all got my mom my grandma calling me that do you need to talk to us?
Speaker 1: All right? We got yes, we do. We're talking about the stripper.
Speaker 4: We are talking about our billboard and them confirming that Rihanna's tour is not a real thing.
Speaker 7: It's not happening.
Speaker 9: Matter of fact, we get on. I'm in love with the stripper for Lauren, please. Room was on the way.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club in the morning. I hate the clean version of it. Yeah, this is how hate the clean version. It is the fact that they couldn't say stripper year. It was this. I don't know. I hate the clean version. I want to do the bomb for t PA shot t pay.
Speaker 8: Lauren was out here ready to risk it all from the Scripple give her fifty hundred dollars and told us you don't got to do this.
Speaker 1: I called my friend who took my phone the it was yeah, he was outside. She too confirm.
Speaker 7: We were just too lit. Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I support the girls. I'm always in power.
Speaker 1: Listen, whatever you call it, support you in your community. Let's get to the room. Let's let's go room reports.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice.
Speaker 1: From the name on the Reckless Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 4: So for everybody who was excited like me, and we thought we were going to get some new Rihanna music and a tour. Completely false, completely false, according to Billboard, so Billboard confirmed with a very high level source that there was no deal between Rihanna and Live Nation for upcoming tour. That source further added that the thirty nine million dollars payment on the deal sounded made up. That is a little bit low for Rihanna for two albums and the tours.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No venues have been contacted on dates. This is just not true and it really breaks my heart.
Speaker 1: Where did they get this information from?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 8: Anywhere y'all get all y'all information from, and nobody cares about the truth and the live more entertaining facts. I'm about to make up two rooms a day and ship out to the endnet to sit back and watch everybody.
Speaker 7: You already started well with me and the SHIPPERD and my family.
Speaker 1: That was you. You gave us that story. No, but you and you went high fifteen.
Speaker 7: First of all, honestly, I'm.
Speaker 1: Where trick.
Speaker 7: That's like, why would I ever?
Speaker 1: She must have been fine. That's what you got her.
Speaker 7: Now, No I don't. I don't know about tonight that's fell for her.
Speaker 4: But they in this conversation, it was pointing out that in twenty sixteen, when Rihanna did the anti tour. That tour alone made one hundred and ten million dollars in cells, So people should have been eaten.
Speaker 7: People should have.
Speaker 1: Knew, but you just never know the deals. They could have did something where they gave a market share, percentage share or something like that. We don't know.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's Rihanna. Even with all that, she still would have been worth you.
Speaker 8: I got enough money to pull Rihanna away from them churn. Okay, Rihanna got two churin at the house right now. Randa probably breastfeeding, and she ain't got time for this billionaire liquid gold all right, but the hell all got enough money for reread.
Speaker 7: I don't really care about the tours not happening, but I do want to hear some music like I.
Speaker 8: Don't gotta do nothing for me the rest of her life. She don't got to do nothing for nobody. She gave you all the fifty in the world. I know my shade for twenty Do you know your shade lawn?
Speaker 7: I do, but off the top. Actually, I think I might have it in my back because I do my makeup in the cardival.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. That's what she gave us enough, what more what more do you want for me?
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of the music girls, Beyonce just announced a new perfume. So the Renaissance tour is over. The film will be in theater soon and now in the meantime, she's releasing this perfume called c Nore. So this is her third perfume. The perfume is available at perfume dot beyonce dot com. So it's a one point seven hours bottle is going for one hundred and sixty dollars. Beyonce is just not letting up on us. She's just dropping. I know she has like the hair products coming out. She did that couture line. Here for it, Okay, here for it. I wonder what it smells like. The guys that I feel like that about too, Like they're super rich people. That's just like I wonder what they wear, Like, what's that day to day people? Elon Musk, I would love to know what Colonne he wears.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, he's so rich. It's like, what do you want to sell named Musk? You gotta cut this out.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Well, oj Simpson, this is one person I don't think I want to get that close to the smell he spoke out on the Taylor Swift and Brittany Mahomes viral handshake chest bump thing that happened at the Chiefs Chargers game.
Speaker 1: So he was a co host on Cam and Mace It Is?
Speaker 7: Can I get there?
Speaker 4: I'm glad y'all are excited for the rumors. He was a co host on It Is What it Is with Cameron and Mace and Treasure, and they asked him did he see that chess bump situation and what he thought about it?
Speaker 6: And here's how he responded, Oh, did you see what Britney Mahomes and Taylor Swift chess bump?
Speaker 1: What did you think of that? I don't know who the other girl was, but I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 7: The other girl was mahomes wife. By the way, you.
Speaker 4: Little turn on, he said. The boulders were hitting each other. It was a little bit of a turn on. I watched it.
Speaker 7: It didn't do anything for me.
Speaker 1: I did. Y'all see that man hasn't learned about.
Speaker 7: And that's another thing too. If I would tell us, if I would be that's it's.
Speaker 1: Tight nervous secret Service security. Damn man.
Speaker 7: They knew to asks about blind women, didn't they.
Speaker 1: All right, so we do we have time for my word now we're done.
Speaker 7: No, we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll come back. Well, thank you, Laura l Rossa. We got the People's Choice mix. It don't move.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura l Rosa is here.
Speaker 1: She was back tomorrow too. That's right.
Speaker 9: And we got a shout to Pastor Mike Todd for joining us this morning. The Path of Mike Top Make sure you go get his book.
Speaker 1: Man, it's called Damage but Not Destroyed, From Trauma to Triumph.
Speaker 8: I love it because you know, I love the way he blends theology with therapy because I tell you all all the time you need God and therapy.
Speaker 1: That's right, Lauren Brown girl grinding. I see y'all got some new merchant stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just dropped well we didn't just drop it, but we're pushing the leather jersey dresses that I wore up here. And what we've started doing is if you're in the Delaware area, Delaware again, don't do that. At our headquarters. We now have a store, a merch store. People always ask me close to home date, come and buy stuff in person, so I have to wait for the pick up. Three hundred West ninth Street and Woman's in Delaware, and we are doing other brands on consignment right now. We have a brand in there called Leah And if you want your brand, I have a store. I understand Overhead is a lot like come talk to us, let's figure out how we can get you in our windows. And y'all can shop bronk or grinding as well too.
Speaker 1: All the stripers have been, you know, hitting us on social media asking can they have some of those leather dresses? Can you bring them to the strip club? And they heard you tricking heavy, so.
Speaker 4: They was you know, I don't high power women. I love empower women, especially black women, but I don't trick.
Speaker 1: I agree, all right, oh my god. But when we come back, we got the Project Club.
Speaker 9: Good morning warning everybody's DJ NV Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 1: We are to Breakfast club. It's time to get out of here. Charlaman, you got a positive?
Speaker 8: Nope, yes, I just want to remind people man to make sure to go out there and pre order my man Doug Melville's book, in Visible Generals.
Speaker 1: It is the perfect gift for Veterans Day.
Speaker 8: It tells the amazing true story of America's first black generals, Benjamin O. Davis Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and create the famous Tuskegee Airmen. It is the next release off my book in print Black Privileged Publishing with Simon and Schuston Man. It is in stores November seventh, that is the week of Veterans' Day, but you can pre order it now.
Speaker 1: I slut to my guy, Doug Melville.
Speaker 8: I'm sure he'll be up here to discuss Invisible Generals with us when it comes out.
Speaker 6: All right in the positive notice simply, this wrong place, wrong time is real.
Speaker 8: I want to thank God every time I was either late early or changed my mind last minute. Believe in divine misdirection always Amen, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: I'm finished, y'all dumb