Speaker 1: Samuel L. Jackson and Gabrielle Union were among those paying tribute to Richard Rowntree in the wake of his death from pancreatic cancer.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 1: Samuel L. Wrote quote Richard Rowntree, the prototype, the best to ever do it. Shaft as we know it is and will always be his creation. His passing leaves a deep hole not only in my heart, but I'm sure a lot of y'alls too. Samuel L. Starring starred alongside Richard Browntree in the two most recent Shaft movies, and actress Gabrielle Union posted a tribute to Richard Browntree and talked about her TV dad and the fun they had on the set of the TV show Being Mary Jane, which ran from twenty thirteen to twenty seventeen. And we all love that show, Gabrielle said in part. He was always the coolest man in the room, with the best vibes, and people would literally run over to come see him. He was simply the best and we all loved him. Rest in peace, Richard Browntree.
Speaker 2: That's a true statement about him. Man. When I tell you, just cool that dude, man and just go play golf. Of the cigarette the whole time. I burned the show to play. He wasn't great, but it ain't none of us great. I hear something brilliant. He's just a good dude, man, good dude man.
Speaker 1: He was eighty one. Yeah, but he was a fan of the show.
Speaker 2: A lot of celebrities. Yeah, Ralph, I mean I just kept seeing.
Speaker 1: The celebrity Yeah, wow, legend Yep.
Speaker 2: It's cool. You know, I would rather. You know, we got to start giving our legends and stuff they fly with while they're still living.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We got to do more of that. That's why I appreciate Byron out his Green Awards, because he's starting to do that. Man, with the out of the people out there, He's starting to recognize people while they're still living. You know, it's great you get these tributes and stuff after they go, but you know, we got to do a better job of taking care of each other while they're living. We want to do more of that on this show. We should have an Uplift moment once a week. I think we should come up with a once a week thing where we honor somebody, just you know, a shout out, nothing big, just a ninety second tribute to somebody you know, all right, And you know I didn't appreciate the look on your face, Monica on this zoom when I was saying that suggestion. You know, like it's just some more work you got to do. We'll just get to doing it. Damn it. Anyway, we're gonna switch. It's just attitude, That's what it is to you know, I got time to come up with ideas, and then I look at the zoom and somebody rolling their eyes and everything. You know, all that or eye rolling? We lost Harvey. Guys can get back there and stay back there if you do it again.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna give Monica? Are you giving Monica her flowers? No? Not at this moment.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna switch gears here, you know. Sure, Yeah, you need to be real careful, girl. You need to be very careful.
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you putting your finger at me right now?
Speaker 2: I'm pulling my finger to this a damn threat. Everybody getting something this morning? You know? Why are you in this? HBC? You wh yeah, HBC? You and ain't ain't talking about Prayerview. You ain't talking about Prayview. All right?
Speaker 1: Switching gears and other entertainment news during the NBA season opener game the Lakers versus the Denver Nuggets. Full time NBA champion Lebron James rock to Louis Vautan outfit for the latest It was from the latest Pharrell Williams collection, reported to be worth about twenty eight thousand dollars. According to TMZ, the jacket costs five thousand, while the pants and shoes were over twelve fifty and twelve twenty respectively. The speedy bags slung over his shoulder cost eleven thousand dollars, while the briefcase is worth another nine hundred and five nine thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: We all know the.
Speaker 1: Sports Arena's entrance tunnels for the players is now considered a very fly fashion show in the NBA. Everybody's sitting back, you know, watching what the players are gonna wear.
Speaker 2: Boys be dope, don't so the boys be dope, man, Some of them cast be rocking and fly. Some of the dudes, you know, be I'm talking about be letting them have it, man, I'd be watching them going go ahead. Player. A couple of dudes you know need to consider it a height on Some of these good thing don't come in seven foot everything should not be.
Speaker 1: In word for the day out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: Uplift, uplift. I was doing it. I was doing it, but you know, I also you know, I have to forewarn catch. You know. It's like it's certain things I came by because of my age. You know, it's like this age appropriate, like skinny jeans. You know you can't, you know, like your age. But Steve, you pretty much rock anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen plenty of men in your agents.
Speaker 2: I rock anything because I don't rock everything. Oh deep. That's how you know what I'm saying. See, you gotta be careful, and I put it on a lot of variations, but I'm selective of them. Very It's a lot of stuff they making out there, man, that Ellie be coming to me with, and I'll be going, boy, get your ass somewhere and sit down. First of all, I'm sixty. It's just some stuff that's looked like Winton. I was with Winton one day. Winton had on the top. The other day that was crochet and it cut right off at the belt. I put that thing on the TOI looked like one of the biggest new pronouns. Ain't what y'all are called me. I just yeah, the stomach God Don I said Winton had on the top. Now I can't rock that. That's what other You ain't got to visualize nothing. I just told it to you. We gotta go coming over.
Speaker 1: Yesterday Donald Trump had a temperature and tantrum and stormed out of his civil trial in Manhattan. We'll talk about that right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show.