Speaker 1: One eight hundred do uy away now offering free remote consultations by phone or video conference for any criminal offense. Trust Brook, Jeffrey, and Jose's friends with a free remote consultation from Bradley Johnson Lawyers. Visit one eight hundred douy away dot com or call.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred do you y Away. It's Halloween week on the show, and we're celebrating that by doing a bunch of our regular segments with a spooky Halloween theme, like today's phone Tap, where we call a woman who's the reigning champ of her company's annual costume contest and she's won four years in a row, but now she's about to get some competition. Right yup, Brooke is posing as the cocky new employee at her company who's set on taking her down.
Speaker 3: Not far stretch from who I am. Really Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Let the Halloween snarkfest begin. Phone tap right now?
Speaker 4: Another Hello, This is Melissa.
Speaker 3: This is Pauline in accounting. I'm new here. I don't think we've met before.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't think so. Hi, it's really nice to meet you or I phone meet you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well same. So I just wanted to say the reason I'm calling is because I heard the company is doing some sort of like Halloween party this Friday with a pot luck and costumes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we do that every year. It's really fun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I was talking with some people and they said, you won last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was Martin McFly on a hoverboard. So I took the grand prize.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I saw a picture I was I wasn't impressed.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you, No.
Speaker 3: I said, I was not impressed.
Speaker 4: Oh what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The wig was bad, and I mean the best wasn't even the right color, and the hoverboard looked like it was made out of cardboard.
Speaker 4: Well it was, but I put like five I have layers of paint on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to me, your Martin McFly looked more like a roughed up Melissa McCarthy's my take.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm really sorry. Did I miss something because I thought we just met. Do we have some kind of a problem.
Speaker 3: Well, that depends the last two companies I worked for. I won first prize costume every year.
Speaker 4: Wow, you really seem to think you're a big deal.
Speaker 3: Huh, just clever. Last year I went his identity theft taped a bunch of different names all over my body.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess good for you.
Speaker 3: Good is an understatement. It was great for me and my trophy case. And back when I was pregnant, I painted my belly to look like the Star Wars Death Star, huge hit. Never even seen the movie.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Then the next year I dressed up like I was in the nineteen fifties, put a bullet hole in my shirt, and dressed up my baby in a Batman costume and then like let them crawl all over me, blood everywhere. Oh what you remember when the Joker shot Batman's parents and then Batman.
Speaker 1: I witnessed it.
Speaker 4: What is wrong with you? That is really messed up?
Speaker 3: Oh look who's talking missus Marty mcfailure. Yeah, trust me, it was a huge hit.
Speaker 4: So you just called me to rub in my face that you're gonna beat me at the office Halloween party.
Speaker 3: No, honey, I called to warn you. Okay. I think it's probably a good idea if actually you just drop out completely, you know, save yourself from the embarrassment.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is not gonna happen. Like, Halloween is my thing, I am not going to give it up for MS. I'm new to accounting, you.
Speaker 3: Know the good news about my department and yours. We have the same office fridge, So I'd be a little careful with your lunch today. What wouldn't want you to get sick eating that salad? Oh, that would be terrible right before the big contest?
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa who?
Speaker 4: So you are threatening to poison me? Oh for a workplace costume contest?
Speaker 3: Is that what just happened? I just said, be careful. I care about my new coworkers both.
Speaker 4: You don't call someone up out of the blue and say that.
Speaker 3: Oh would you rather me just say enjoy second place? Would that have been better? Yeah? Oh right?
Speaker 4: Come let me bring your beat because on now, like I'm gonna paint my big bellies a touch starm win or have my baby roll around in blood. It's such a winning idea. She's one with you. You are sick.
Speaker 3: This is exactly how your friend Tanka said you'd react if I kept pushing you.
Speaker 4: Don't even try to bring my friend Tanga into this. This is between you and me.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'm just saying I don't work with you. This is Brooke from The War Show, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're just doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 1: I can't believe.
Speaker 4: I believe it's like I just went off on like that.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, you are competitive.
Speaker 4: I mean I thought I was real. I thought you were coming at me like you're You're so convincing.
Speaker 3: You're totally gonna steal one of my costume ideas, aren't you? Come on? The Batman one's pretty good with the dead parrot and the baby and the blood.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's so twisted, but I probably would vote for that. It's so messed up, but it's so thick, so on it. At the same time, the wake up every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning