Speaker 1: Guys, I think it is so cool that so many people around the world are listening to our podcast. I love it. I can see where.
Speaker 2: They're from and there's people from Australia, yes, Highland, Germany, Japan, everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm always looking for somewhere to stay abroad for free. Okay, So if you're listening and you're from there and you have a nice place, you know, I'm not very picky. Just my own bedroom, a nice bathroom, if you have a pool. Oh, if you're willing to take pictures of me out at the pool, maybe a personal chef.
Speaker 1: Again again, I'm not picky. We can tell hit me up.
Speaker 2: After the show and it's listening, it's starting right now.
Speaker 3: I'm sad, guys.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you need a hug.
Speaker 3: It's routing Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You love hugs.
Speaker 3: No, thank you. I don't know, really know how to say this. But there's only two more days left of Ashton's Trick or Tree challenge too, and if you've seen the videos, they are blowing up online. I think almost eight viewers yesterday's belly Button didn't trick or Treat challenge that has a draw. Is there a reason ashen or social media just happens to hit all time lows whenever we feature you on it. Don't answer that question. It will only drop our viewership if you speak now, don't. Plus, we're running out of time here, so let's test. Let's spin the wheel and find out what you're gonna be doing next.
Speaker 4: All right, it's like, shut up and be funny.
Speaker 3: Oh, we got a trick. The prove you're not a vampire challenge. Grab a handful of expired garlic infused vampire cheese, pop them in your mouth, and then your second test. You'll be tempted to bite Alexis's forearm after an expired ketch up blood light packet is spread onto her arm. Instead, you'll just have to lick it off one large lit shall you.
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: So we have some garlic infuse it's literally called vamp highre slayer cheese. It might be one day expired. You gotta pop a handful of.
Speaker 1: Alexis.
Speaker 5: Expiration dates are only suggestions.
Speaker 3: See he's already recoiling from the garlic smell. That's not good. Vampires are like notoriously allergic to god.
Speaker 6: Do we have a silver steak here, just in case.
Speaker 3: You gotta pop a handful in your mouth. Garlic confused cheese.
Speaker 1: So good to be not.
Speaker 6: This time of day, like it sounds amazing, but not stop trying to avoid it, you vampire.
Speaker 3: Put it in your mouth. It's like a cheese crystal.
Speaker 1: It's like two inches long.
Speaker 3: Trying to talk his way out of it. This is realty, Okay, in your mouth, he popped it in there. Okay, chewy, it's funny because a jealous Do you feel like dying or your vampire instincts kicking in?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: It's good, okay, I will say.
Speaker 1: He does look a little paler, Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: His fangs are staying in the mouth. You gotta swallow that thing, bud, excuse me, no.
Speaker 1: Ya, vampires still.
Speaker 3: Vampires don't need water. You're already dead.
Speaker 1: Vampires blood.
Speaker 3: That's going well so far, he's not dying. In the meantime, let's bring Alexis over here to test his desire to suck blood.
Speaker 1: You are the wrong clothes for this.
Speaker 2: She's in all sorry that being volunteered to get ketchup licked off my arm today.
Speaker 3: Bro, It's just a little bit of ketchup. Okay, it don't be such a bait. Are you a vampire too?
Speaker 1: She's worried about standing in her clothes.
Speaker 3: Just get a little bit on her. I'm not going to stain your clothes. I'm not gonna pop it all over the place. There we go. Okay. Ashton has finished the garlic cheese successfully. Now he has to lick Alexis's arm with the bood like ketchup on it without biting into her. I can't bite. That's what the vampire would do. Well, then i'm gonna know you're a vampire and I'm gonna be really Are.
Speaker 1: You scared, Alexis?
Speaker 3: That'll get He's about to hold on.
Speaker 6: This maybe the start of something, guys, Oh Alexis?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Him? Wait what did he do her?
Speaker 3: Well, couldn't help himself.
Speaker 1: Go wash it, Alexis.
Speaker 3: Okay, Dracula, Yeah you're done, Alexis.
Speaker 4: We all feel.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: I was trying to bite you and you're moving.
Speaker 3: I don't know, all right or something. Ashton seems to pass the vampire test, didn't fully break the skin and bite into Alexis's arm, and he hasn't died from eating the garlic yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think Alexis maybe a vampire.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, well, yeah, we'll find out in a few minutes if she goes through her transformation. He does look a little bit wilted though Ashton does this morning. It might just because he didn't drink his morning PediaSure for breakfast. Anyway, we got to get to the shock collar. But you can check out the Wait a second, what is this Another brave soul has stepped forward and offered themselves up as tribute.
Speaker 1: It's got to be this.
Speaker 3: Time Jose Bo throwing himself into the fire, just like when Pete volunteered to step in for Hamige in the second Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire so he could shoot his shot with Catnus. I haven't seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm at first I thought you were talking about the Animal Organization.
Speaker 3: Okay, true, true Hunger Game fans. No, you know, Jose is volunteering his tribute to take one of Ashton's challenges.
Speaker 1: Come ketchup, Come on, Jose, we've all participated.
Speaker 3: I just got a ketchup on my arm. Have one square of vampire cheese, then give a twenty second snooty cheese review on it. Let's get that vampire cheese. Jose, you're like a notorious like food review. Come on your most sophisticated review with this vampire cheese.
Speaker 6: All right, First you have to smell the cheese.
Speaker 3: Oh, cheese.
Speaker 6: They put a lot of garlic cheese.
Speaker 3: I'd like to think I thought that out. Okay.
Speaker 6: The texture of the cheese a little bouncy, not too much bounce.
Speaker 5: You haven't even excuse me, bounces cheese.
Speaker 1: One can even see this dry?
Speaker 3: Oh it's not that dry. It's a moist block of Do we get to you eating it?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: Here we go. Popped it in his mouth?
Speaker 4: Holy garlic?
Speaker 6: Why is there so much garlic?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: Wait, are you a vampire?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 6: Very very garlic forward right away front of your tongue. Them m it gets creamy. There's a little bit of a chalkiness, but it goes away.
Speaker 3: I think I got this new little simple water. Does the expired flavor come through in any way?
Speaker 1: Is that why?
Speaker 4: It's a weird texture.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like almost hard. It's a couple of days jewiird.
Speaker 6: But it's very dry. So oh god, it's like garlic cardboard. This really needs to almost be melted into something.
Speaker 3: All right. Next, Brook is volunteering for the Kissing Challenge I think that's all the time that we have. We don't even have time to do our shot Collar question of the day. We've ran out of time.
Speaker 1: Cheese reviews. We're gonna be our new thing.
Speaker 3: I actually liked that Gell Yeah is too bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't throw cheese at staurant City. The bouncing thing is not a thing.
Speaker 3: I think that's the only way you should know. You got to test your cheese the right way, bounce it in the hallways at the right.
Speaker 8: Now cheese bouncers unite.
Speaker 3: So again, no time to do your shot collar question of the day. But you can check out the videos of all of the trick or Treat challenges, both Ashton's Prove is Not a Vampire Challenge and Jose's Vampire Cheese Food Review.
Speaker 1: And I think you can actually smell these videos online as well.
Speaker 3: Get them online, Brooke and Jeffrey on our socials, TikTok, Instagram, everywhere.
Speaker 9: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: I think the scariest horror movies, at least in my opinion, aren't the ones with necessarily the creepiest monsters or the most blood and gore. It's the ones that start off by saying the following events were based on a true story. It's like, how could something this terrifying happen in real life? Well, today we have a listener who says his family has been dealing with something straight out of a horror film, and he never believed in any of that supernatural scary stuff until this strange thing started happening to them two years ago. Oh my god, everyone in the studio got chills when we heard it. You're gonna find out what happened in a brand new Halloween edition of The mass Speaker, based on a true story that's coming up. You don't know.
Speaker 7: Confession I can't take back el arms Mouse Speaker.
Speaker 3: We got a text into seven eight five nine two that says, my secret confession is I'm a dentist and every Halloween I give out candy corn to trick or treaters because it has the highest sugar content. So a month or two later, without fail, I'll get more. Client diabolic is devious, No wonder dentists are so rich.
Speaker 5: Oh manet Client, I know, and they have to work on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Today we're doing a special spooky October themed edition of The mass Speaker. One of our listeners is ready with a Halloween confession. He's ready to unburden from his dark soul. He's chosen the spooky fake name Josh. Scared Josh, Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Not many Halloween thrillers with the villain name Josh.
Speaker 6: That's when the mass killer Josh.
Speaker 3: All right, Josh, well, voice changer is on. You're now the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your Halloween confession.
Speaker 7: So what I'm about to tell you is a story that is literally I will sign an affidavit that crew.
Speaker 6: Wow, we don't even know what an is.
Speaker 1: It feels like that means we're going to doubt something.
Speaker 6: Okay, why crazy story?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 7: So my story goes back and starts in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, whoa thirteen? Yeah high that year.
Speaker 3: I think, all right, we're back then. What happened? What happened back in twenty thirteen?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm married and I have two kids. My wife and I decided that we would give our daughter a present because she loves give me movies, okay, and her favorite movie is Frozen. So we went to the store and we bought its Alsa doll for her, and she couldn't have been happy. It was the best thing. She swept with it. She always they were. They were inseparable.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute your daughter and elsa, yeah, yes.
Speaker 7: And so then weird things started to happen, like what well, the Alsha doll evidently had a button on it that we weren't aware of, but it could speak.
Speaker 5: Oh, my daughter had one that like would saying let it go, let it.
Speaker 7: Go, did sing the little theme of let it go. Sometimes it would respond to our conversation and it would say, oh, I like that. And we realized this doll was saying weird thing.
Speaker 6: Being pressed, like did you press the button? And then et cent It was like on its own randomly, just like a good short circuit or something.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, my daughter would go and put the button and it would say something. But then it got to where in about two years, it started speaking by itself.
Speaker 3: Okay, what you got a defective doll? That sounds like a lawsuit that you can good for you, Josh, I'm always thinking about the money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean after two years, the wires could have worn out, It could have just been going off on its own.
Speaker 3: It could have been hacked by Russia or that.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Yeah, that was my next option.
Speaker 7: So in that year, the doll started not only sing by itself down and talk, but it did it in both Spanish and English.
Speaker 5: Whoa wait, not the language I was expecting for Elsa.
Speaker 7: Oh, but it was strange and it was just kind of freaking us out, and we thought, what do we do with this? And uh, then we said, well, let's we're going to turn it off. Let's just turn it off, okay.
Speaker 6: And then just tell her, oh, it broke, the voice doesn't work anymore or something I would assume.
Speaker 7: Okay, we switched it off, and then in the middle of the night we would hear a voice in the other room. The doll was talking by itself.
Speaker 6: No, and so wait, you went and checked and it was definitely off.
Speaker 7: It was definitely off. And then I went so far as to pull the batteries out of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I would do, because I think, oh, maybe it was a faulty off.
Speaker 3: Did that work?
Speaker 7: It didn't speak that night, but it did speak the next day without the battery.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I was saying I want to kill you, or.
Speaker 7: It didn't threaten us, but It was so weird that just my wife and I were going crazy because we couldn't really tell our friends, our family because we thought, you think we're insane to me to put us in the hospital.
Speaker 3: With unt want to get blocked up?
Speaker 1: Did you finally throw it away?
Speaker 7: I did. I put it with that hand in the backyard and it was picked after it was gone, and we were we were happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I met Elsa anymore.
Speaker 7: Two weeks later, we went on vacation to Disneyland for a couple of weeks and we got back and who was in the backyard laying in the ward was laying in the backyard, and my wife just screamed, I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: God, evil talking puppet that won't shut up, won't go away, and has no off button. It sounds like she should run for politician because she is perfect handed and she'slingual with the voters the right demographic.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to do a pierced its heart with a wooden state. I'm pretty sure that's.
Speaker 3: What you do with sacrifice it burn it.
Speaker 7: So what I did was I boxed her up and I sent her to my brother.
Speaker 3: Because you don't like your brother, I called.
Speaker 7: Him and said, look, you're going to get a package, and when you get it, call me and I'll explain it to you, which I did.
Speaker 6: So you just wanted the confirmation that it is confessed, it's gone, gone away.
Speaker 7: I wanted to know that it was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, it was It was there, okay.
Speaker 7: And so he then sent me a picture and he had taped the doll to the front of his truck bumper and he said, don't worry, you'll never see it again. And we haven't. We haven't, but I can. I just want to tell you guys that you know, I don't believe in ghosts and stuff, but I'm telling you we were in a living horror film, you know for those two years.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you're gonna be calling us in three months because that elsa doll's coming back.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: In Texas in to seven and five, nine to two. If you have a spooky Halloween confession you've been holding on to, will hydrate edity, master your voice and make you the next mass speaker. Phone taps coming.
Speaker 9: Up, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's Halloween week on the show, and we're celebrating that by doing a bunch of our regular segments with a spooky Halloween theme, like today's phone Tap, where we call a woman who's the reigning champ of her company's annual costume contest. She's won four years in a row, but now she's about to get some competition. Right yep, Brook is posing as the cocky new employee at her company who said on taking her down.
Speaker 1: Not far stretch from who I am. Really yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Let the Halloween snarkfest begin. Your phone tap right now?
Speaker 10: An Hello, This is Melissa.
Speaker 1: Hey Melissa, this is Pauline in accounting. I'm new here. I don't think we've met before.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 10: It's really nice to meet you, or I phone meet you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well same.
Speaker 5: So I just wanted to say the reason I'm calling is because I heard the company is doing some sort of like Halloween party this Friday with a pot luck and costumes.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, we we do that every year. It's really fun.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was talking with some people and they said you won last year.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was Martin McFly on a hoverboard, so I took the grand prize.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I saw a picture I was. I wasn't impressed.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you?
Speaker 1: No, I said, I was not impressed.
Speaker 10: Oh uh, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the wig was bad, and I mean the test wasn't even the right color.
Speaker 1: And the hoverboard looked like it was made out of cardboard.
Speaker 10: Well it was, but I put like five layers of paint on it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: To me, your Martin McFly looked more like a roughed up Melissa McCarthy's my take.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm really sorry. Did I miss something because I thought we just met? Do we have some kind of a problem.
Speaker 5: Well, that depends the last two companies I worked for. I won first prize costume every year.
Speaker 10: Wow, you really seem to think you're a big deal.
Speaker 1: Huh, just clever.
Speaker 5: Last year I went as Identity Theft taped a bunch of different names all over my body.
Speaker 10: Well, I guess good for you.
Speaker 5: Good as an understatement, it was great for me and my trophy case. And back when I was pregnant, I painted my belly to look like the Star Wars Death Star huge hit.
Speaker 1: Never even seen the movie.
Speaker 5: Okay, Then the next year I dressed up like I was in the nineteen fifties, put a bullet hole in my shirt and dressed up my baby in a Batman costume and then like let him.
Speaker 1: Crawl all over me, blood everywhere.
Speaker 5: Oh what you remember when the Joker shot Batman's parents and then Batman witnessed it?
Speaker 10: What is wrong with you? That is really messed up?
Speaker 5: Oh look who's talking missus, Marty mcfailure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trust me, it was a huge hit.
Speaker 10: So you just called me to rub in my face that you're gonna beat me at the office Halloween party.
Speaker 1: No, honey, I called to warn you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think it's probably a good idea if actually you just drop out completely.
Speaker 1: You know, save yourself from the embarrassment.
Speaker 10: Okay, that is not gonna happen. Like, Halloween is my thing, I am not going to give it up for ms. I'm new to accounting.
Speaker 5: You know the good news about my department and yours. We have the same office fridge, So i'd be a little careful with your lunch today.
Speaker 1: What wouldn't want you to get sick eating that salad? Oh that would be terrible right before the big contest? Whoa whoa Oho?
Speaker 10: So you are threatening to poison me, oh over a workplace costume contest?
Speaker 5: Is that a happens I just said, be careful. I care about my new coworkers both.
Speaker 10: You don't call someone up out of the blue and say that.
Speaker 5: Oh would you rather me just say enjoy second place? Would that have been better?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh right, Come let me bring your beat because on now, like I'm gonna paint my big bellies a touch storm win or have my baby roll around in blood. It's such a winning idea. He's one with you.
Speaker 1: You are sick.
Speaker 5: This is exactly how your friend Tanka said you'd react if I kept pushing you.
Speaker 10: Don't even try to bring my friend Tanga into this.
Speaker 9: This is between you and me.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I'm just saying I don't work with you.
Speaker 1: This is Brooke from the Wire Show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: We're just doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 10: I can't believe I believe it. Like I just went off on like that.
Speaker 1: Oh you are competitive.
Speaker 10: I mean I thought it was real. I thought you were coming at you.
Speaker 4: You're so convincing.
Speaker 5: You're totally gonna steal one of my costume ideas, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 1: The Batman one's pretty good with the dead parrot and the baby and the blood.
Speaker 10: I mean it's so twisted, but I probably would vote for that. It's so messed up, but it's so sick, so on it At the same time, Wake Up every.
Speaker 9: Morning was fum tap weekday Mornings on the twenties, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: They say the best place to meet a single hottie is at a wedding. Oh, but the second best place, I say is at a Halloween party. Yeah, well an adult one. Not talking about the kids, Yes, Jeffrey Woodstock pin the nose on the pumpkins.
Speaker 1: No one assumed otherwise.
Speaker 3: Talking about a grown up Halloween where people wear the most scandalous outfits they have in their closet, drink till they can't see straight, and exchange more than just candy in the upstairs broom closet. And one of our listeners, Lance, just got invited to an adult Halloween party with one of his female coworkers. Now he's getting some weird vibes and he doesn't know what to say. We're going to try and help him when we do a brand new textual healing right after this text you will heal then textual. You've got texting problems. We've got texting solutions.
Speaker 1: I like that sounds we got all.
Speaker 3: The answers here with textual healing. The segment where one of our listeners is in an awkward or confusing situation and needs our help figuring out what to write.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: And is there anything more awkward and confusing than what you're gonna wear to a killer Halloween party?
Speaker 1: Is that what we're going to do? Costume ideas?
Speaker 3: I mean, if your brook, it's only confusing because nobody knows what the hell you're trying to be. But who is I'm a.
Speaker 5: Fly on one shot internet troll from last year was still really good?
Speaker 3: Oh I ever forgot what your Yeah? I tried to forget it because it was so horrible. But who is today's listener that requires our textual expertise today about Halloween? His name is Lance, So let's welcome him to the show. What's up Lance?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 6: You got a fun issue? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's happening in Lance?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: You know I know this girl from work, We're just friends. He asked me what I'm doing for Halloween?
Speaker 1: Wait? Can we know her name?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Her name is Emily?
Speaker 1: Okay, Emily okay.
Speaker 3: Emily wanted to know what you were doing for Halloween.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I told her I'm not really doing anything special. I'm just gonna be at my place.
Speaker 1: And that's a lame answer. Yeah, I don't know. Is better than that or just like open it up for her to invite you somewhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what she say, You're kind of right, they invited me into a Halloween costume party.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I didn't really know how to respond, so I just kind of said sounds great, saying wait, that's a good response.
Speaker 1: Are you excited? I thought you were like into her. I thought you had a crush on her.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's the nice person and I don't mind being her friends, but I'm not really into her romantically or anything like.
Speaker 5: That was like a I'm sorry it was set up differently, Okay, so sorry.
Speaker 3: It's like when Brooke invites me over to her Halloween block party and I'm like, I know what this is. I'm not going to go.
Speaker 5: Really, I want you to come and have fun for once, Jeff, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Why do you put up a quotes have fun? Wait? Six times?
Speaker 1: When she said okay, all right, so you and her are just friends and that's all you want, it to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm kind of worried. If you guys think it's more than that, then she also might think it's more than that.
Speaker 3: What's giving you the feeling that she's like interested in more?
Speaker 1: He's a guy and she looked at him.
Speaker 3: Check check check.
Speaker 4: It seems like kind of, you know, very animated in her text, like she wants to help me find the perfect costume.
Speaker 3: Has she suggested like a couple's costume, because that's pretty blunt.
Speaker 4: Maybe like one of the costumes she recommended. She told me to be like a happy pumpkin. I'm kind of thinking of myself if she dressed with like spice. Now where pumpkin spy anybody?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I've actually seen like the McCormick spice.
Speaker 3: She might come in there and blindside you with a couple's costume at the party, and now you have to make out.
Speaker 6: Or like, hey, you should be a bottle of mustard and then she shows up as a bottle of ketchup.
Speaker 1: Then you have to make out with her.
Speaker 3: Is that those are the Halloween party?
Speaker 1: I think you guys are jumping to a lot of conclusions right now. Oh Brooke, We're not Okay.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to put myself in a bad position where she has different opinions on what we might be together.
Speaker 3: Okay, has she made any other suggestions for costumes that like are concerning?
Speaker 4: She also suggested a vampire Okay, seems harmless enough until she asked me to bite her or something. Said no, she didn't say that, but I keep on thinking.
Speaker 5: It my head.
Speaker 3: You're like you, she's not being that.
Speaker 1: He thinks you think more than anything. You wanted to be clear that you are just friends going into this party. Is that what you're saying exactly?
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, I am from going to the party, but as friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, I mean just from the surface, I kind of agree with Alexis on the top. It sounds like more a friend's situation. You might be reading into it.
Speaker 1: People at a party and wants you to address up anything overly sexual.
Speaker 4: But you, guys, don't think the candy ball is a thing. Like she's definitely thinking I'm a snack.
Speaker 3: She wanted to be a candy bowl.
Speaker 4: She sent me that that was like one of her serious suggests, reaching you.
Speaker 3: Should be a candy bull.
Speaker 1: I would love you to be a candy bull, but I just can.
Speaker 3: Get too much female attention at that point.
Speaker 1: It's not hot.
Speaker 3: So I guess at this point it's a little bit unclear which way she's leaning, if she wants you to just be her friend day or if it might be more than that exactly.
Speaker 4: That's why it needs your help in order to text your.
Speaker 3: Back, okay, I mean you need to get a little clarity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no matter what her intentions are, it's good to communicate.
Speaker 5: You know your boundaries. So somebody, okay, no matter what, what are you concerned about. You don't want to come off as like a jerk or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to come across like I'm hot stuff, like oh you're into me obviously, because maybe it's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the most sound thing you've said, So that was.
Speaker 3: Gonna be my suggestion of what you should write, like, yeah, but that's okay, yeah, obviously hot stuff and just get right to the point of it. But if you want to be more subtle, we can work on that. I know you think I'm hot, but I will not be the candy ball.
Speaker 1: Where do we starting?
Speaker 3: What was the last thing that you guys texted to each other?
Speaker 4: She sent me the pick of the candy bowl with triple question point.
Speaker 1: She really like that one?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I didn't know how to respond to that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how do we reply back to Emily when she suggested he should be a human candy bowl.
Speaker 5: I always think the best way to tell someone that you are friend zoning them is to talk about how you may be interested in other people at the party.
Speaker 7: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I was thinking, like fake a relationship, like can my girlfriend come?
Speaker 1: I wasn't going to fake the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Maybe that maybe being a cad Like, oh, you're right, maybe being a candy ball would be a good way to meet somebody at the party.
Speaker 4: Think, okay, yeah, that could work.
Speaker 3: I could. My idea was to go the other way and lean into the flirtation and see if she flirts back.
Speaker 5: Set a trap and then dumper after she flirts back, Like, let's just keep afraid she.
Speaker 3: Might not be into him. She might say you from the party.
Speaker 6: He's like hey, beatable, She's like hey hands, and he's like, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Off with your friends.
Speaker 3: At the end of that, Jeff's up to Lance, Really, this is your text threat?
Speaker 4: So I want to flirt with her and see what she does.
Speaker 3: That's my guy.
Speaker 1: The worst. You just want to know that she's flirting with you. You are trying to get her to flirt at this. But what what should he say?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, I think we play the what if? God, if I'm going to be a candy bull? What are you going to candy?
Speaker 1: I usually just want to know what she's going to be.
Speaker 3: This is fun because or we can go the boring route and said what Brook whatever wanted to say?
Speaker 5: We already forgot that he would be a good way to meet somebody at the party, like letting her know, Okay, fine, week.
Speaker 1: Away, there we go.
Speaker 3: We've got the approval from the room. Lance, you down to do that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay. It's not overly suggestive. It's just like, well, if I'm going to be a candy ball, then what are you? Guys?
Speaker 1: If we don't want to flirt with her, why do we lead her on?
Speaker 3: Brook? It's a text message obviously is not going to sound as sexy as when I say, nothing sounds that I think perfect. Don't you send that Lance?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have the candy.
Speaker 1: You guys, you're way too late on the.
Speaker 3: Well, it's okay, He's excited, and so are we because I can't wait to come back and see how Emily responds when we continue textual healing. Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Don't want to.
Speaker 3: Do it right after this. Hold on, man, I am so glad that we're doing textual healing for our listener Lance today, because the absolute worst thing to do would be to write, Hey, I just want to make sure that I'm clear. We're friends only, and I believe in boring conversations and setting boundaries with people early on. God, is that Brooke to a T?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what you should sounds kind of healthy, Jeff.
Speaker 3: It's very healthy. Boring, is what it sounds like. You know, we can have fun with the text and get answers that way. We're an entertainment show. Remember this isn't Thursday Therapy with Biscuit and Teresa. Such your boundaries, everyone, boundaries are fun only if only.
Speaker 1: They would have hired me after my audition. Biscuit didn't like me either.
Speaker 3: She's like Brooks literally wearing a business. God, we're trying to help out Lance today. A fine?
Speaker 1: You want me to flirt off? Flirt Jeff? Okay, let's put some hands and some candy bowls. What did she write back?
Speaker 3: Well, let's first get the listeners up to speed in case they're just joining us, because Lance isn't sure whether his friend from work, Emily, is trying to be flirty with him when she invited him to her Halloween party, or she's just trying to be friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's kind of assuming that it's a flirty angle and he doesn't really want that.
Speaker 3: She's thrown out some interesting costume ideas for him, so when she well, in his mind they are because the last one that she sent was a candy bowl. He wasn't sure what to write back, so we said, if I'm going to be a candy bowl, then what are you going to address as.
Speaker 1: Lame as flirtatious text?
Speaker 3: Ever, well, there was a wink in it, Brooks, so check yourself.
Speaker 8: Hoping she's gonna say I'll be a piece of candy, then we know she's kind of flirty, or if she's like, I'm going to be a billy goat, then we know she's actual friend zone.
Speaker 3: Let's ask Lance first of all, has Emily written back to you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, and what did she say She's going to be?
Speaker 4: I'm a little confused shed Maybe I could be an unwrapped Snickers bar, then a laughing emojirap.
Speaker 1: It would be I don't know, he less attractive to be unwrapped on. You just look like you just look like a log.
Speaker 3: Basically poop logo.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what that means, like code for something or what is it?
Speaker 1: It's the snickers, what's the satisfy, the hunger or whatever? Can be playing yourself nobody, nobody knows.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it could be like, you know, I want to get naked and get into your bowl. That's the flirty aspect of it, the friendly.
Speaker 1: Side reach i've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Broke, this is your moment. Do you have any fun questions here? Fun memorized, non boundary setting questions to try and lure her in and figure out where her head's at flirty or friendly? Oh she's crying, No, Brook, button up your little business suit and get to work.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, what about if you text her back and say, oh, I love nugget.
Speaker 3: Is like the base of the that doesn't even qualify as flirty.
Speaker 5: I don't okay in a conversation, how about how about, oh, you're going to satisfy someone's hunger.
Speaker 1: Who's that going to be?
Speaker 5: I don't want to be flirty to that she's dressing as an unrest snickers bar.
Speaker 1: We're not We're going from real low right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, guys, guys, you just texted me back again.
Speaker 3: Text you haven't said anything?
Speaker 4: Okay, what she say or what if I'm pants? Question mark question mirk? I don't.
Speaker 1: Then you say I want to get in your pants?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what she wants him to do. He doesn't remember he wants to be friends Brook. You want me to floor you don't want to be clear about what It's been a very long time since Brooke has had to flirt with anyone, So let's give her a little grace.
Speaker 6: True, But you ask her because some people try to be sexy and people try to be funny. Can you just say why pants lo o l or like sexy pants?
Speaker 3: Like maybe more detailed pants?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot pants or a pair of pants.
Speaker 3: Maybe kind of like what moses? And maybe we need to get a little bit closer to the point. Yeah, and ask her like are you.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to be asking some clear questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is how conversation works. Broke first and talk Yeah, so maybe you say, maybe you say, are we trying to match costumes?
Speaker 5: Maybe that's the way to say it without saying couples? Are we matching costumes?
Speaker 3: What do you think? Lance?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll done that. I like that kind of a couple things.
Speaker 3: No, we don't want to say couples. We don't want to say couples because that plants the idea in her head say say.
Speaker 1: Wait, are we trying to match costumes?
Speaker 4: I'm basically just as is this like a two part costume thing?
Speaker 1: They just said, are we matching?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: We said, okay, own work whatever.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 3: It's just supposed to wait for our approval. There, Lansa, are you drinking this morning? What's going on?
Speaker 1: I want some of whatever you have if you are wanted to send?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, yeah, in the middle of our brainstorm was a long it's a slow rolling storm.
Speaker 9: For a while.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 7: They just texted me back.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so hold on. Just to recap, we asked her, so, are we trying to match costumes? He said that something along those lines. What did she say?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: She wrote back, maybe L O L, but just so you know, I'm interested in your friend Ryan would get his attention, hopefully you bring him winky fabe.
Speaker 1: We're on the same page the whole time.
Speaker 3: So is she trying to make you jealous?
Speaker 1: Right here and get she wants to hook up with Ryan in Ryan's pay?
Speaker 3: That's what she says, But what does she really mean?
Speaker 1: That's what she That could not be more directly Wait a.
Speaker 4: Minute than I feel kind of used if that's what happened.
Speaker 3: How do you know at least he got something to do on Halloween and you could meet somebody yourself, and you didn't want to hook up with her anyway, well until the pants comment, And now that.
Speaker 4: Was when I thought she wanted to hook up with me. Now I'm a little bit.
Speaker 1: This is such a dude conversation.
Speaker 3: Still want to be wanted? He wanted to reject your she rejected her.
Speaker 1: That is so dumb.
Speaker 3: We'll leave the final text up to Brook whatever you think he should say. We won't even weigh in.
Speaker 1: Just say, yeah, I'm bringing Ryan be ready.
Speaker 3: Wow, I know what that means. That's what Brooke wants, what she wants?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: Then, all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, man, have a happy Halloween. That's textual healing.
Speaker 9: Everybody wins brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: What do you do if a guy bothers you and your friend at a comedy club one night. The answer is don't start a fight there. You gotta play the long game and wait fifteen years to finally get your revenge. Because that's what one woman did and now her story's going viral.
Speaker 1: That is that is a grudge.
Speaker 3: Plus the subtle dance move that you're doing out at the club, that's one hundred percent proof you are old. Oh no, you're hear all about that and more in a brand new.
Speaker 7: Shot.
Speaker 3: It's coming up this just in they passed a new law in our city. Apparently on Halloween we're not allowed to say trick or treat anymore.
Speaker 1: What it's not PC.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 3: Instead, after you ring the doorbell, you're supposed to shout TikTok, click shop, TikTok, click shock.
Speaker 11: Okay, I can to get next to Candy Kids King Size, where we talk about some of the biggest tiktoks from the past week. Let's get to your first TikTok click shock, which is from a gen zer named Briley Belly one, two, three, of course, And she recently graduated from college and joined the workforce, and she made a video after her very first day on the job, not coincidentally, got millions of views, And I'm wondering.
Speaker 3: Will you feel sorry for her? Or do you think she should toughen up. Let's listen.
Speaker 12: You know, I'm probably just being so dramatic and annoying. But this is my first job, like my first nine to five job after college, and I am in person, and I'm commuting in the city, and it takes me forever. I get on the train at seven thirty and I don't get home till like six fifteen earliest, and then like I don't have time to do anything. I don't I want to shower, eat my dinner, and go to sleep. I don't have time or energy to cook by dinner either. Like I don't have energy to work out, like not to out the window, like I literally get off it's pitch black, Like I don't how do you have friends, Like how do you have time to like meet.
Speaker 9: Like a guy?
Speaker 12: I don't know, Like how do you have time for like dating? Like I don't have time for anything, And I'm like so stressed.
Speaker 9: Out, as.
Speaker 3: Is very stressed and completely overwhelmed by her new found normal adult life.
Speaker 1: I feel stupid. I honestly I feel for her because I feel for all of us.
Speaker 3: Okay, well quit Brooke.
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't bills to pay.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like my job. Rub it in this girl's face.
Speaker 1: Find one that she likes. I didn't like my job when I was hurt.
Speaker 3: You're a resident gen zer. You skipped work last Friday and then came back into work on Monday morning several hours late. How do you feel like I did it?
Speaker 1: Four days of full time hours of Jeff? Why are you not crying for me too? She had two weddings to go to. Over the charge. Your entired, too, Jeff.
Speaker 3: One comment that got almost thirty thousand likes said, wait till she finds out there's no more summer break.
Speaker 1: Oh no, don't tell them. Don't crush this girls every year.
Speaker 6: To work on your birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah your spring break.
Speaker 3: Oh adulthood sucks. That was a TikTok click shot. Here next TikTok click shot that's already amassed two point four million views, and it's from a millennial named Gus, and he talked about an embarrassing situation that just happened to him out at the Clear recently. Eight here it is. I was danteen at the club last night with this girl and she was like, you know, it's giving away your age.
Speaker 13: She was like, you keep putting your hands up, but I would do it too. I'd be like woo, and she was like, stop putting her hands up.
Speaker 9: My mom does so.
Speaker 3: Basically, if you ever dance with your hands up in the air, you are old. And that's how the young ones can spot the geezers out on the dance floor.
Speaker 5: What do you do if you don't bring them up and down and a route?
Speaker 1: Where do you put it?
Speaker 3: If you want to dance cool, arms down, glued to your side, also head down looking at your phone.
Speaker 1: If that's the future of dance, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Don't want to. More comments flooded in with people sharing other dead giveaways. The shake it like a polaroid picture move from the outcast song with one hand on the hand the other shaking it in. Another person wrote, when they point to the window and then to.
Speaker 1: The wall, the sweat drop down.
Speaker 7: Ya.
Speaker 3: A lot of people like to point to things that are referenced in the songs they're dancing.
Speaker 1: To and then like if they do a phone like a call me thing, you do like call me yeah, act out.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you ever tried to raise the roof to get out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah people, and then you get low.
Speaker 3: That was a TikTok collick shot. In your final.
Speaker 1: TikTok click shot it up.
Speaker 3: There's a woman on TikTok named Linda Sally Hurd who lives in Dallas. She posted a video titled this is Genuinely Unhinged and It's a revenge story. In the first few days of posting, the video got four point four million views. It definitely resonated with people. Let's hear what happened.
Speaker 13: Fifteen years ago when I was in college.
Speaker 14: I went to a comedy show with a couple of friends, and my friend when she stood up at the end of it, accidentally knocked her chair into the guy behind her and spilled a drinkle over him, and he stands up and then he spits on her.
Speaker 13: The next day, I.
Speaker 14: Find this guy on Facebook and see that he's obsessed with walking dead and breaking bad. I go search for all the spoilers and I make a couple of Facebook accounts and when message him.
Speaker 13: Spoilers on a weekly basis, and so much time.
Speaker 14: I don't think about him for another eight years until I see a friend of a friend they get engaged, and I was like, I haven't thought about this guy in so long, So I look up his reddit. I see some pretty sinister stuff on his reddit. But if it was your partner, you would want to know. So I jump on one of this old like Facebook Accountsteresa the password, get access to it, and send her all of the like, send her the user name, and it's like, hey, like you should check this out.
Speaker 13: And she breaks off the engagement.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's heavy.
Speaker 5: She remembered a dude from fifteen years ago, like I can't remember someone I met last week.
Speaker 3: Well as for the woman who broke off the engagement, this happened a few years ago, and Linda recently looked her up again on Facebook. Apparently now she's got some beautiful children, her own thriving business, and appears to be happily married to a different man. So I saved that woman from a terrible guy.
Speaker 6: But this guy out there, who's obviously not a great person, is like I nobody came spoiling my life.
Speaker 3: He's doing it to himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's there was some drama in a comedy club. Everybody was too drunk. He made a really bad choice. But like, does he need to pay for it for fifteen years? Well, I guess he was cheating.
Speaker 3: So she also verbally assaulted her friend at the comedy show and called her horrible.
Speaker 1: So there's some red flags there. Okay, It's like, I wonder what he's up to.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ruin his marriage, yeah, save the girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to be fair, he ruined his own marriage.
Speaker 3: You know, those are your.
Speaker 7: Stories for today.
Speaker 9: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: On the phone is Steve, the retired social worker who says he likes sports and reading, and in his spare time, he enjoys babysitting his granddaughter.
Speaker 1: That's so cut, Steve.
Speaker 3: His favorite thing to do this time of year is visit extreme haunted houses.
Speaker 1: With the granddaughter. That is not good babysitting, Steam.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know, do you bring the grand child along with you? Steve?
Speaker 4: No, I'll try to avoid that. CPS.
Speaker 1: But Steve is the first time that's some parat advice there.
Speaker 3: Steve's the first time player said the show. Is it true that You've gone around the country to see different haunted houses, including one inside an actual prison.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 3: WHOA, my gosh, So you've been to the one? Have you been to the one in la I always hear about I've been to most of them across the county.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what do you think makes it this?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: What does a haunted house have to have to be the scariest.
Speaker 3: They have to be able to break boundaries than to do some things that normally other houses wouldn't do. So I'm looking at the idea of jumping and touching you and stuff like that other people. Aren't you like being touched in the haunted houses?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It's fun, you know.
Speaker 1: He just wants a light strangulation.
Speaker 3: That's up, Steve. We're all afraid of you. We're gonna send Brook running out of the studio. While that happens, we'll explain the rules. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: All right? Good luck? Your time starts now. The Sony PlayStation two came out on this day in what year of the two thousands, two thousand, two thousand and two or two thousand and four on two thousand. What is the term used for a wolf's home, Hilaire? What does the Z and ZIP code stand for on a pass? What tire company uses a logo of a golden shoe with wings?
Speaker 4: Goodyear?
Speaker 3: What comedian became famous in the nineties first catchphrase, you might be a redneck.
Speaker 7: Pass?
Speaker 3: We're gonna pass on that? All right? Good work there, Steve Brook's gonna come back into the studio and uh, Steve call then for the first time, our producer asked why he likes our show, and did Steve mention anything about us being funny, the prank calls, our dating segments, No, none of that, he said. He likes the music. Hey, you don't even do anything with us. The only thing he likes when we start talking. That's when he switches the station. You're gonna listen to this, Steve. You're probably your radio's off right now?
Speaker 1: Oh dare you? Steve?
Speaker 3: He's like Sea boring. Every moment with you is a moment in pain.
Speaker 1: But he likes pain because he likes Gosh, you're a confusing guy, Steve.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, okay, it's a compliment to him. All right, Brooks, your turn, You're ready. Your time starts now. The Sony PlayStation two came out on this day in what year of the two thousands, two thousand, two thousand and two, or two thousand and four. What is the term you used for a wolf's home den. What does the Z in zip code stand for.
Speaker 1: Zone?
Speaker 3: What tire company uses a logo of a golden shoe with wings?
Speaker 1: Uh lush schwab.
Speaker 3: What comedian became famous in the nineties for his catchphrase you might be a redneck? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh god, you know redneck guy? What's his name? I can't remember his name? I can picture of me Bill.
Speaker 3: That's one of the always on the Tour Together comedy. We'll get to it in a second, but first, let's go to the scoreboard and see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 1: You about the.
Speaker 3: Steve you got three correct today?
Speaker 1: I think he wasted me. Yeah, and brook come on, give me three only two?
Speaker 3: Steve, you show up? You take Brook down on your first try.
Speaker 1: Congrat What is that skinny white guy's name.
Speaker 3: Let's go over the answers here. The Sony PlayStation two came out on this day back in the year two thousand exactly. I just guess. Oh, it was such a big deal. I remember going to game Stop and waiting for it like it was the coolest thing ever. We're like the graphics. You can't tell the difference in this in real life. Yeah, yes, it is awesome. The term used for a wolf's home is a den. We also accepted layer answer. The Z and ZIP code stands for zone or zoning zoning improvement plan. The entire company that has a logo with a golden shoe with wings. That's good Year's logo. And you might be a redneck is the catchphrase for famous nineties comedian Jeff Foxworthy. Congratulations, you got one hundred of Brooks bucks plus just for playing. You also want a pair of tickets to the Seattle Christmas Market, where you can wander the winding alleys of Seattle's newest and largest outdoor holiday market. For more info, visit Seattle Christmas Market dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey, my granddaughter will love that.
Speaker 3: And you got one hundred bucks to go spend at the Christmas Market and you're I'm sure she'll use every piece of that. Hey, Steve, thank you so much for playing congratulations. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.