Speaker 1: This radio show is more important than any other mainstreams media outlet.
Speaker 2: The breakfast clubs.
Speaker 3: You then will come here when this DJ Infy and Charlamagne the God being there.
Speaker 4: Next to all of you guys.
Speaker 5: It's really it's one of my favorite shows to do, just because y'all always keep it one.
Speaker 6: Honey, y'all keep it real.
Speaker 7: But what better place than than here.
Speaker 8: I think everybody should go on the breakfast club and start out.
Speaker 7: Y'all want to shake it up?
Speaker 1: Shake it up, baby, Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 9: Charlemagne the God Peace to up playing in his Friday good morning, good morning here another day to serve man.
Speaker 7: How y'all feel out there? I am blessed Black and Holly favorite his co host Lona Rosa with us this morning.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, good morning, y'all. Hear my voice no way back, way better?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 10: I feel it. It's way better. I got some great rest yesterday. I still hear that you always say Delaware in my voice. Okay, and that's the part that keeps the people going Okay.
Speaker 7: Now read.
Speaker 9: I don't hear Charlemagne in my ear here, Lauren, I don't hear Charlomagne.
Speaker 10: That's because the God is blocking you from all the demons. Today's good Friday.
Speaker 7: Where you at?
Speaker 9: I'm in Hampton, Hampton, Virginia. Of course, this is a Hampton University's homecoming.
Speaker 1: I'm on my homecoming to a I'm telling the truth, man, what I rather know the Internet?
Speaker 6: I want to know the Internet thing.
Speaker 10: The Internet. That's what I'm telling them.
Speaker 7: Where you really at, man? You know, that's where I'm at. Out to all the HBCUs.
Speaker 9: This weekend is fam use homecoming, Norfolk State's home coming, and Hampton University's home coming.
Speaker 7: Tom out here, and you know I go to the homecomings.
Speaker 9: I document the homecomings, everything from the the parades, to the parties to uh the fraternities and sororities crossing, and like to put people onto what happens at HBCUs.
Speaker 7: For people like U Charlemagne that didn't attend one.
Speaker 1: First of all, I have an honorary doctor from South Carolina State University. Okay, so dropping the clues bombs from me, all right? My mother is an alma model of South Carolina State University. All right, my other mother misprivaged Miss Nicole Bravard. She's also an alumni South Carolina State.
Speaker 10: You know, Zach cal Laurn, I was just about to ask you how to us real graduates feel about honorary degrees.
Speaker 7: He paid for it.
Speaker 6: I didn't pay for it. It's because of my philanthropy.
Speaker 10: You're like those people who do that little online course for her Harvard.
Speaker 1: Harvard, you know, have an endowment fund at South Carolina State University.
Speaker 6: So it's called the Ford Family Scholarship Fund.
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have a scholarship for at South Carolina State University.
Speaker 4: You should leave with that.
Speaker 1: Well that's why. Well, I don't know. They gave me an honorary doctor. I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 4: We appreciate the money for the scholarships.
Speaker 6: I'm being noowned some of those scholarships soon, like you know, for the kids.
Speaker 10: Can you bring some money for scholarships to Delaware State University.
Speaker 6: I have no reason to do that. I have no you're.
Speaker 4: Sitting right here the reason to do that. I have a products of that age. We see you. I would not be here without it.
Speaker 6: No, if there's something I could do for Delawares state I would absolutely do it.
Speaker 10: We got that on record, y'ad here to don't state we're gonna we're gonna figure out what they ask for.
Speaker 7: All right, get the front page. It's HBC. Sorry, it is the HBC. Yes it is, all right, from next. We'll get into that next.
Speaker 12: So don't move.
Speaker 7: He's an idiot. Can we breakfast clubs? The breakfast club board? More thing? Everybody is the j n B.
Speaker 9: Charlomagne the guy we are the breakfast club. Good morning. All right, Lorna Roast is our special guest co host this morning. I was gonna ask Charlomagne in some quick sports. Let's get in some front page news. Did you watch the Bucks play last night?
Speaker 1: I did watch the Bucks play. I watched the Bucks play the seventy six is last night.
Speaker 6: They do look good, look good. Damion Little dropped thirty nine points last night.
Speaker 1: I don't think they look better than the Celtics though, but that's just my personal opinion. I think if Chrissportszingis stays healthy and plays like he played other much he had other night, like thirty thirty, and he's like, what the third.
Speaker 6: Option for the Celtics, Because you got Tatum, you got Brown.
Speaker 7: Then Brown didn't do good that ever gave yet.
Speaker 1: But boy, when Brown is on, an Tatum is on and poor zingers on at the same time, they're gonna be hard to beat. Andrew and we drew Holiday yeah day. But them bucks looked good last night. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 7: They look cool. They looked so good. All right, Well, let's get in some front page dudes.
Speaker 8: Come on to TESZ, Good morning, dj M, Vigod Morning Tarlamage to God, Lauren and the Breakfast Club family.
Speaker 6: Good morning, beautiful Pau.
Speaker 7: Now, now agents are still searching for the shooter.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was watching that late last night. I don't know if you guys were. They had the house surrounded. It's been more than a day since the manhunt began for Robert Carr. Now he's the suspect and Wednesday's night shooting rampage that left at least eighteen people dead. Now I'm saying at least eighteen people because I've seen someone for say twenty two some said at least eighteen, so I want to go with that. Remember, this story is constantly developing, so information does change. Now he is facing an arrest warrant for eight counts of murder and should be considered armed and dangerous. The SWAT team was at his house his last known address, on yesterday, but obviously he was not there. They're releasing some more details about his Twitter account and possible motives.
Speaker 13: Lets take a listen.
Speaker 14: On his Twitter page, Card liked right wing posts, including by Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump, junior Republican members of Congress, and multiple posts criticizing President Biden on the economy. His social media also shows photos of him fishing. The Coastguard is also part of the search. Card's vehicle was found in a boat ramp less than twenty miles from the shooting scene, and public records show he owned a boat. According to another former soldier who served with Card, he had extensive training, including land navigation quote, so he would be very comfortable in the woods. Law enforcement sources say Card recently split up with a longtime girlfriend and they're pursuing a theory that he allegedly targeted the Bowling Alley and Bar because he used to go there with her and was supposed to be at the bar that night.
Speaker 15: Based on our investigation, we believe this is someone that should not be approached.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't understand why we politicize these things, Like criticizing these things is while we cannot ever get to the roots of these issues. The guy was in he was institutionalized. He was institutionalized for hearing voices, like like, I think we should be leading with that, Like I'm looking at the front of the New York Post and it said suspect herd voices, yet was free to own weapon of war used the K eighteen.
Speaker 7: That's basic. That should be the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, you know, not about what he was liking on you know, social media in regard to political ideologies, Like, the conversation should be why was this man who clearly was institutionalized with some form of mental health issues was able to own this legal fire and owned this fire that's plural?
Speaker 13: Well yeah, chloral Well, they'll definitely be talking about that too.
Speaker 8: When they bring that up, they'll say they'll politicize it that too, because again it's another argument to have based upon gun reform, and you know, should people be able to carry weapons if.
Speaker 13: They've had any type of mental problems.
Speaker 8: You also, you heard where they talked about he was comfortable in the woods so they don't know if he might be in the woods if he got on his boat. They said if he did that, he would have to refuel and probably be noticed. So it's really interesting right now, get again, this is all speculation. Details will continue to unfold and we'll just see, you know, what happens. But I think now they're just trying to find anything they can to try to make sense of it. But there is no sense you really can make of this.
Speaker 6: So I think you did. I think you killed itself.
Speaker 4: I don't think you killed this.
Speaker 10: I don't think I think he's surviving it. And I think it's adding to whatever. You know, how they get that like thrill off of this stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's a live too. All right, Well, last front page news test. We'll see in a couple of minutes. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you're upset, you need to vent hit us up right now. Maybe your favorite team won or lost last night, Maybe you're going through something, or maybe you feel blessed, whatever it may be.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred five five one oh five one, get it off your chest. It's the breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club. It's a new thing is it's your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 7: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 16: Call up now eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 12: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 17: Is this Christy Shoes?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 7: Good morning, mama, get it off your chest?
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 4: I feel blessed.
Speaker 18: I just came from the casino, and I came of what casino?
Speaker 12: Where you at?
Speaker 18: I'm in on Queen's.
Speaker 4: I want to research this pino.
Speaker 18: Oh how much you want?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 19: As long as I can hold someone, I ask.
Speaker 10: You, girl, I'll be having it. It's okay, what.
Speaker 7: You're gonna do with that money?
Speaker 20: Bills or something?
Speaker 6: There you go the first right round the corner, the first the next week.
Speaker 9: Next week, all right, mama, Well enjoy have a great weekend with that bread YouTube.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 11: Charlemagne and everyone there here?
Speaker 7: Yes, get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Sha Hi.
Speaker 14: So I'm actually driving from New Hampshire to al Any to do IDF treatment.
Speaker 11: So that's pretty much it.
Speaker 7: It's a long I'm freaking right, but I'm excited for it all right, Well, what part of you in this treatment?
Speaker 6: What part I'm sorry, what part of you in you all healing energy?
Speaker 7: About that?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 14: Thank you in a treatment?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're getting you shots yet you do retrieval? What are you doing?
Speaker 21: So I'm doing my I'm doing shots and my uh rest be Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, good luck. We're praying for you, mam man, I'll get the baby. What you're trying to get twins at the same time. I'm tired you're trying to have toins at the same time.
Speaker 11: No, no, I'm your twins, but just one more child.
Speaker 7: So is the assurance paying for it? Or you got to pay for it yourself? Mama?
Speaker 11: I know I have to pay for that out of pocket.
Speaker 7: Jesus Christ. Well, good luck. I hope that the retriev will go successful.
Speaker 4: You sound so positive, so I know it's gonna be good.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to put out my cash at.
Speaker 4: Please, sure, I'm mad at you.
Speaker 11: Shine s hi non m E R N cut off.
Speaker 18: G R S eighty nine.
Speaker 1: And why are we cash avenue because it's expensive?
Speaker 21: Why not?
Speaker 22: I ask?
Speaker 11: Just okay, somebody wants to, you.
Speaker 7: Know, help out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, those retrievals and those IVF treatments can go anywhere from about twenty five to fifty sixty thousand dollars, and most assurances don't cover it. So if you're having a problem of having a child or having a baby and you want to go through those processes, a lot of people can't do it because they can't afford it. So it's a lot of money and most of the times they don't take. It's not like you could pay monthly or pay a little at a time. You have to pay the whole thing before it actually happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not contributing to nobody they IVF treatment unless I know who the person is, because I don't know if you should be breathing or not, you know what I mean. So I need to know who you are and uh, you know what type of person you are? Great kid, that's not necess fairly alias the case, I would rather beck my money on the person that I know is a little bit more stable and solid.
Speaker 5: You never know somebody as a parent, but most people that are doing this, you know, are are are pretty solid people and ready.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because that's a commitment.
Speaker 7: That's right, all right, get it off.
Speaker 9: Your chest eight hundred and five A five one five one. If you need to event, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Ray right, Ray, yo, Charlomagne, Davy?
Speaker 23: What up are we lying?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 7: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 24: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 12: We lie Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 11: Jay, Jury, Charlamagne and god Lord? Good morning?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 11: Oh g Rob, what's happening? How y'am feeling this morning?
Speaker 6: He's O G.
Speaker 11: Well, you know it's Friday.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 11: What we do about this time? Man? The boss all time? Let's go check it out.
Speaker 24: I said, listen, this right here gonna be so im just for the record books. Whatch how I cast? These lines?
Speaker 12: Were?
Speaker 24: Dad on the hook. My brother told me to slow down, son, so they can hear you better. So from now on I'm killing them slow to make the taste better. You already know where it is. It's not a pot quins from hand to hand, hobding the script from large percentages. They saying artists coming, they go, But I know that fire brings he to them Campus marshmallow flow. And even though it's all about bars and real rappers, got coat are vote, it's all in the way for the X factor. I represent with four clips on the run, knowing identity at the chop house and meeting for racks and a killer we obviously most of cats are made men, but they pose and they pretend to. They get hit with ten but check it. They're talking again. Bars of one to one skip the girl, give them that hot point fill to they well done, Oji.
Speaker 1: You got I got bars for a bar killer nobody iller Michael Jackson Black. Yeah, I'm a thriller. Two years ago a friend of mine told me. And then Chris Style blows my mind. Been witness to the dopest e rhymes I wrote taking off my coat, put it in and his throat whoa.
Speaker 11: Bars, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 12: I got balls.
Speaker 7: I got balls. I got balls real last June, give f about a shawla big burking bag, whole five six figures, swipes.
Speaker 4: On my ass.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna see no more. Forget it forged alright like going No, Nope, you like.
Speaker 12: Where he was going?
Speaker 4: Do you like the stipes on the bottom. No he like that, like you loved where he was going.
Speaker 7: Like no, no, no, oh g you have a good weekend, brother.
Speaker 11: And y'all too, will y'all be blessed me? Think you're in a family by all right.
Speaker 7: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. If you need a bit, you can hit us up at any time. Now, Lauren, we got rumors on the way. What we're talking about.
Speaker 10: Yes, we are going to be talking about Uzzi and j T again. So y'all know, well, y'all know because you'all were here. She came up here talk to us with Krisha. But it now Uzzi is speaking out, a speaking out.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on, all right.
Speaker 7: We'll get to that next. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club on b E T.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Warning everybody, it's the j n V. Charlamagnea gud we are the Breakfast Club. We got Laura L. Roossa our special guest co host. And let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 4: From the.
Speaker 7: Reports.
Speaker 10: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice to the name.
Speaker 2: From the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Lauren came in.
Speaker 10: So j T and Karrisha came by the Breakfast Club and while they were here, we talked to j T about what really happened when she threw her phone at Uzzi at the BT Awards.
Speaker 4: And here's what she said.
Speaker 10: Okay, the reason I threw my phone at Uzzi is because when we came, when he had to perform, so we get in there. Uzzi he is like a forensic kid, like he moves around a lot, and he plays like he is like play a lot. So when he got off stage, he came to me and he like, come on, let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 25: And I'm like, what the show just started?
Speaker 10: Like, so I'm thinking he leaving and about to send somebody back to come and get me. But when I get up, he down there with chilling with Barri and so happened his friend that he wrong. It's like you should have made sure I had that seat. Was never about another artist, because an artist is supposed to be there.
Speaker 25: It's about that you made it sure that Barri was in his seat. Barby like they're like, yeah, get up, Yeah, heust have got up and be on barkey.
Speaker 6: You got what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: When I got down there, you supposed to check him soon as I got down there, like get up and let my girls sit down. So this sparked a lot online. Let's let's start with asap Barry first. So the interview went out, got picked up everywhere, of course, but it's bar decided to respond. So in his response, he screenshoted the actual interview from JT and he said basically that she was mad about Ice Spices. It had nothing to do with him. She called acept Barry. I mean, she called Uzia groupie because he was sitting next to Ice Spice. He also, I don't know, he just gets real disrespectful. In my opinion, he's basically saying that she only sold six k her first week talking about the album sales. He calls her out of her name, he calls her bitch, and it's just a little bit too much. So I kind of understand what she was saying as far as like barr should be checked because in my opinion, he did way too much online to be Uzzi's friend, and this is Uzi's girlfriend regardless of what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would never talk to my man's friend like that period, but I damn sure wouldn't talk like that about her publicly online.
Speaker 5: Your man's girlfriend, your man's girlfriend, Oh yeah, yeah, your man significant other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then two, it's like you playing on her heartstrings.
Speaker 10: You know that they're dealing with a lot in the media right now because of the album sales and all that stuff. It's like you gaslighting, right. So then JT responded and she basically said, you know it is God's is always jealous of somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't care, you know, even if you feel like I just don't see why you would disrespect her or your dude like that, Like, if Uzzie's really your dude, you're not just disrespecting her when you do that, you're disrespecting your man's too.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 10: So then, of course, after JT's response where she said that a sat barge just being jealous, she called him a whole and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 6: Girls from Florida love to call him man a hole.
Speaker 10: Oh, she said, I don't even know if I can say all this. I don't got my print. Now she said, oh I can say that. Yeah, she said, he as niggas be jealous of bitious. That's what she said, And that's.
Speaker 4: What it's given.
Speaker 10: It's given like he got an issue with her and it's like, bro, what's up? This is your homeboy's girlfriend. So then Uzzi got online after all of this, and at first he was posting some things that weren't really direct, so he posted people at war with themselves. People at war with themselves will always cause collateral damage in the lives of those around him. And then he started going into talking about like he's not as close with his family right now, his relationship isn't in the best space, but he wants to focus on his music. He says that he feels like his last album will definitely help people remember that who is the one, and he just wants to focus on his music. He doesn't want to get into all the drama. He also posted something that says, sometimes we expect too much from others because we'd be willing to do that from them. So people are trying to pick up on, like where's Uzi going with this and how does he feel about all this? It says he just wants to breathe and he wants to focus on the music. So he's not directly addressing everything, but I mean the time in tells it all.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope everybody finds healing in this situation sounds like all just a bunch of mess, But salute the JTJT did nothing wrong. All she did was correct the false narrative that was out there. And it's not like she volunteered the information as we asked, So.
Speaker 10: She has every right to speak her truth and I think it's honestly. People when the interview with I don't know when I posted it to my Instagram, people were in the comments like she's lying.
Speaker 4: Why does she say you're a groupie?
Speaker 13: Why this?
Speaker 4: Why that right?
Speaker 10: And to me, it seems like what she's saying is playing out online right now with Bari and his response to her. There's a level of respect that should happen. Number one, just because she's the artist at the awards, not you. And secondly, you're here with my boyfriend, and my boyfriend should make sure that happened. So I don't I don't see that she did anything wrong. I hope UZZI can't focus on their on their relationship in the music.
Speaker 1: It is a great lesson in relationship. Beteqette, like you should you should get up when you see my my.
Speaker 10: Woman coming beyond get up, don't get on Instagram that's.
Speaker 7: That's that's what well, not only that, I mean, I'm Charlemann.
Speaker 9: I'm sure if if your wife or or was walking up and there was no c you would get up, because I would have got up regardless of if Bari is.
Speaker 7: Getting up and letting my woman sit next to the other but nobody else. If Bari wasn't gonna get up in yeah TV to sit there.
Speaker 1: You you mean like I'm gonna get up and leave with my wife, I'll go sit somewhere else, and.
Speaker 4: I get up and just let her sit down so she's not.
Speaker 7: Down to make sure things is right.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 9: Absolutely would have made my wife sit down in my seat, and then I would have figured everything and my.
Speaker 1: Dude that's sitting next to me, get up. My woman out there talking about I'm not getting up. No, I'm telling my man's get up. My wife is coming and get up. I would have let my wife seat in my seat and I would have figured it out that out of there. I would have just left the baby you just staying there for a second, hey, sitting next to this dude until I figured this.
Speaker 7: Out, would have been saying.
Speaker 1: It stay wherever you at all. Right, That's why we put that's why we do this to you on Friday. Now on is when you this your this is your punishment on Fridays. But you stay in that.
Speaker 9: Little room, all right, and that is your rumor report all right. Now, shout to everybody, all the HBCUs. I'm actually at Hampton University. For Hampton University's who you man? You ever the internet says you are. Okay, am, I'm telling people nobody cares about the drove.
Speaker 6: I told you that.
Speaker 9: Uh so, salute to all the HBCUs. Now when we come back, teslaing figure out has front page news. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 9: Morning, everybody, your ce j n V, Charlamagne, the gud we are the breakfast Club. We got Lord the Roads to House, bestial guest host. And let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 8: Good morning's is the one of DJMV. Good morning Lauren, Good morning, Charlemagne.
Speaker 6: The god figure was happening.
Speaker 8: Now, what is the f What is the FDA saying now, yeah about medicine that is not working properly, decongestants that we've all taken. Now just before cold and flu season is about to kick off. The Ford and the Food and Drug Administration of isory panel last month reported that the oral d congestant that Americans have relied on for nearly twenty years may not be working.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 15: Well, if you got the sniffles, you're over the counter cold medicine may not help.
Speaker 19: An FDA panel concluded fenalefrin, a key ingredient and many over the counter cold and allergy medications, doesn't actually work to get rid of nasal congestion.
Speaker 11: How about that?
Speaker 19: G FDA says it has been monitoring the ingredient found in drugs such as pseudo fed pe and some versions of benadrel and vic sinex, since the agency last revealed in two thousand and seven. When taken orally, the panel concluded a very small amount of the drug actually reaches the nose to relieve congestion. The FDA will now need to decide whether the revoke it status as an over the countermedication. Health experts say the ingredient pseudoephedrine is an effective alternative, but it must be requested from a pharmacist.
Speaker 7: So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 9: For all these years that everybody, I'm sure everybody in this room is taking suda fed or something with some type of decongestion and it how could you sue because you paid for it, and obviously this said it wasn't in there to work.
Speaker 1: You can't see if it worked. You don't know if it worked. Not clearly it clearly it worked.
Speaker 4: At some point they would day will be on that list that work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, day quill is on that list, and saying popular versions of pseudo fed day quill and other medications. And just to give you guys some additional information, uh, you know how you have to go behind the counter now to get suda fed because of the methmphetamines and people making drugs and.
Speaker 13: Syrup and all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: Right, that was because people are still it.
Speaker 8: No, it's because because actually it was past the Combat meth and Fetamine Epidemic Act that happened that made that made a lot of these drugs go behind the counter. So a lot of folks are set saying all this time, you've had people go through, you know, jump through these hoops to get this medicine, and the medicine you know, doesn't really work. So now CBS is saying they're taking it off the shelves. But I wanted to throw that out that there's a bigger there's a larger conversation on how this guy behind the counter in the first place.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that it will it that's.
Speaker 7: A part of it too.
Speaker 4: Like so I never thought about that.
Speaker 10: I'm so like, I literally thought they just put stuff behind the counter that people come in and normally.
Speaker 1: Still, I told you they were stealing it because it was in such high demands.
Speaker 6: You know, people were using it for recreational drugs.
Speaker 8: And methem fetamine. So the methem fetamine really is what took it up. So you guys never watched Breaking You never watched Breaking Bad Lorn that did okay? They was in getting all the pseudo fed and you know, so you can only get like a certain amount of time, and so it was all a part of that. And so now that it's going to bring up some some public policy on this as well, like what happened with that? How do they still combat methophetamine? Did it really help by putting it over the counter. So just a larger conversation you guys can look into.
Speaker 1: I will say, you know, as far as the decongestions of concern. Let's go back to more holistic ways of doing things, like my wife be putting together all types of plant based concoctions like honey and all types of leaves and boiling and filtering all types of stuff. I don't know what it is. I just know it tastes good and it works. So you know, uh, you know, let's let's go back to like maybe doing some more holistic type of medications for each other.
Speaker 10: I need to start that now. Just brought my grandma some day quill caller and work for me. But what happens if you're taking it? Like, is there something wrong with you? Like like you like if you're taking it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're not saying that something's wrong with the per se.
Speaker 8: They're just saying that, you know what, what you thought that it was going to do is not as strong as you thought. But the larger conversation is about how the FDA, you know, got involved with this act that they passed, and why did they do it and what was the motive?
Speaker 13: You know, So it's a larger conversation.
Speaker 8: But I think if you take daykuil and it works for you, it works for me, you know, you continue to take it, I would assume, but CBS is saying they're pulling from the store, so we don't know. So it's still developing, but just something to look out for as we go into cold.
Speaker 13: And flu season.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, now, let's jump to the White House. What's going on in the White House?
Speaker 8: Okay, with Charlemagne. AI is going to be an AI executive order on Monday that is supposed to drop the bide. Administration has reportedly set to unveil a broad executive order.
Speaker 13: On our Artificial Intelligence next week. The White House is sweeping.
Speaker 8: AI executive order would use the federal government government's purchasing power to enforce requirements on AI models before the government agencies can use them.
Speaker 13: Now, the order will allegedly.
Speaker 8: Require advanced AR models to undergo a series of assessments before federal agencies can adopt them. In addition, it would ease immigration immigration for highly skilled workers, which has been heavily restricted during the Trump administration. Federal agencies, including the Department of Energy, Department, and Intelligence branches would also like to have access on how they can incorporate AR and AI into their work. So this is supposed to be called the Safe secure and trustworthy artificial intelligence. So do you trust this, Charlemagne? Have they convinced you what's up? Because I know you're not a big, big AI guy.
Speaker 6: Oh I don't trust it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know, the way this country is going, you know, we don't have any great options. So I think the White House is just preparing to say, you know what, here's an AI president for y'all president. Instead of y'all having to go out there and make the choice between Trump and Biden, we're just gonna put it on auto pilot.
Speaker 4: Would the AI president be white or black?
Speaker 6: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't have a race to just be a robot, but it would be programmed by a bunch of white people.
Speaker 6: It would probably be white.
Speaker 10: So when they say stupid, so that they can say, well, it's sh is not us. It's a technik.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think it's really interesting that they're getting involved in this on an executive order level, you know what I mean. That's that's that's it's gonna be really interesting to see what this all does. And so now you're supposed to gonna say the go and is in charge of all things AI. So will well they were anyway, right, So we'll see what that looks like on Monday.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, that is front page News Thinking Tests.
Speaker 1: Have a good weekend you too, and make sure you follow a Testling figure on all social media platforms and subscribe to the Gray Shot. No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 9: All right, when we come back, Attorney Benjamin Crump will be joining us. Now, he just jumped on this case show. Lene, you want to break down the case of people that has haven't heard it as yet.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a case coming out of Jackson, Mississippi about a thirty seven year old brother named Dexter Wade. He left his mother's house on March fifth, twenty twenty three, and did not return home, and his mother Betterston Wade said she reported him missing on March fourteenth and did not find out he was dead until.
Speaker 6: August twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: And if I'm not mistaken, she's thinking it with some foul played by the police officers. With long story short, they discharged the Sun's body from the morgue and buried him in what they call a poppers field.
Speaker 6: He was buried for seven months and she didn't even know all right.
Speaker 9: But when we come back, we're gonna talk to Attorney Benjamin Crumps, So don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is j Envy Charlomagne, the Godly are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Londa Rosa head and we got a special guest on the line, Attorney Benjamin Crump.
Speaker 22: Good morning, Hey, good morning, Envy Charlomagne. Always good to see you. Kings Lauren, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Attorney Crunk.
Speaker 6: Attorney Ben Crump, he's here.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Ben Crump is always on the front lines. Man and man, there's this really sad story coming out of Jackson, Mississippi about Dexter Wade. You know, thirty seven year old Dexter Wade. He left his mom's house on March fifth, twenty twenty twenty three and didn't return home.
Speaker 7: And let him break it down. Let him break it down, what happens.
Speaker 6: I want to tell her who the story is.
Speaker 7: He gonna tell him the fact, so he knows the facts.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get to that, but let me at least do the headline.
Speaker 1: His mother burden Bettertine Wade said, she reported and missing on March fourteenth, and didn't know he was the season until August twenty fourth.
Speaker 6: What happened then with the grump?
Speaker 22: Yeah, you know, Charlemagne, You're exactly right. It's tragic. This brother goes missing, he gets hit, we now know by a police call from the Jackson, Mississippi Police, and his mother reports him missing about a week later, and they note because he has medication in his pocket. The coroner calls the police department and say his next of kin is his mother, and they do not contact her until NBC reporter does an exhaustive investigative report and almost seven months later, she's finally taken to a barrier ground for poor, unknown people in destitute who the city pays.
Speaker 12: So what it says to me, Charlemagne, in for out At.
Speaker 22: Best, it's gross mouth feastings.
Speaker 12: At worst.
Speaker 22: This was intentional because his mother absolutely believes the Jackson Police Department knew who her and her family were, because two years later, I'm sorry, two years before they sued for her brother being killed by the Jackson Police Department.
Speaker 6: Her brother was killed by the police department as well.
Speaker 22: He was he was body slammed and died. The officers were charged right now there in the civil litigation. So his mother absolutely believes they knew who she were she was, So.
Speaker 1: Did they think this was some type of retaliation for her winning the lawsuit or avenge?
Speaker 22: Yeah, well she thinks that it was a conspiracy Charlemagne, And that's why she's so broken hearted that her son was buried in the ground.
Speaker 12: For seven months.
Speaker 22: And she's begging them because she's like, who else you call when your person, your loved one is missing, other than the police. And so even though she was suiting them, she said, I'm still a citizen of Jackson, Mississippi. You all still have to protect and serve us. But it's just tragic upon tragic. And as I was talking to Tasmin figure out, she was talking about a lot of people are saying that we should make sure he's exhumed and have a proper funeral. So a lot of people, Revenew and Benny Thompson, the congressman.
Speaker 12: There, all reaching out.
Speaker 22: Now I'm saying, what can we do to try to give this young man some dignity and respect? And what I'm saying is what can we do to make sure there's accountability in justice? So they don't do this again.
Speaker 7: Now, what's the protocol? Usually?
Speaker 9: Now we're talking to attorney Benjamin Crump. If you're just joining us, what's the proper protocol? Usually when somebody's hit and they're killed, they take it to the coroner's office, so there is actual like there's paperwork to say where this body was. So this is an opening shutcase, right, because this is a lead, right, I.
Speaker 22: Absolutely think because an opening shortcase. And but when you're dealing with the police in America, y'all, and black people dying in highly suspicious, controversial manners, nothing is clear cut. We have to fight for justice at every point, every turn. And I am waiting Charlemagne to see what their story is. You know, they don't have an official response.
Speaker 4: Ship I was gonna ask you what are they saying? Like, how are they explaining this?
Speaker 22: Yeah, the mayor said, obviously there was a great miscommunication there. But we have the Mississippi Bureau Investigations. They said it's gonna do an investigation, but I don't really trust them as much. I think we're gonna have to do our own parallel investigation. We may have to get the fairs to come in because man, if this was your law born and you had a lawsuit against the city and they didn't tell you about they had a concident with your son who was a pedestrian, and then they buried him and an unknown funeral cemetery. And then say, just give us the benefit of the doubt. Who in America would say no, no, we're gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. Because every day I go in courtrooms across America, I see black people who, if you take them at that word, made mistakes, but they never get the benefit of the dot.
Speaker 12: It's always no, no.
Speaker 22: We gotta make sure we administer justice and have accountability because we got to send the message. I think Jackson, Mississippi, there needs to be a message sent over Dexter Way for his family, his two little children, his mother, all these people for seven months. Can you imagine the agony of not knowing where your son is, where your father is.
Speaker 1: We say nobody's above the law, but it always seems like the law is above the law. Because I don't understand how this is legal. I feel like this should be criminal. Off top, all right, well, hold on right here. When we come back, we gotta take a break. We have more with attorney Benjamin Crumps, don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning Morning. Everybody's dj n V. Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with attorney Benjamin Crump, Lauren.
Speaker 10: So if the body is exhumed, I know that they're talking about possibly doing that just for a proper funeral for the family. Is it too late to do and like you know, in your separate investigation, additional autopsy, like you know, the longer you wait, things get different.
Speaker 12: Now that's a great question, Lauren. In fact, Colin Kaepernick's.
Speaker 22: Group institute we've worked a lot on doing independent autopsies, and to his credit, he has done almost a dozen with my law firm where I remember the case in Georgia with a bed bug infestation killed the brother in the jail. Colin stepped up and offered to pay for that autopsy. And so I know his people are already talking about doing that here. But one of the things we gotta do, we got to go get a court petition to exzoom the body. You just can't go dig up about it without getting permissioned from the court. So my office is gonna have to jump through some hoops. But we do intend on getting an independent all tops and having a proper funeral for this young man so his children would know that his life mattered, and hopefully, you know, Jackson, Mississippi would know that they can't sweep this under the rug, because had that mother given up Charlemagne Envy, it would have just been swept under the rug like it didn't matter. But that lady kept saying, somebody knows what happened to my child.
Speaker 7: Now, Tourny Benjamin Crump. What about cameras?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 9: We talked so much about cameras being on police officers so they had to move the body. We talked so much about dashboard cameras on the police call, so that would have seen him actually got hit.
Speaker 7: Do we have any of that footage?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 7: Was it erased or how does that look?
Speaker 22: You know, DJ Envy they have they're supposed to have dash cam videos on.
Speaker 12: Their car, suspect.
Speaker 22: What they're going to try to defend or articulate is they didn't have their emergency cameras on their flashing lights since I range, so that the dash cam video would not have come on. But we're going to look at every aspect of it. Certainly when they hit them, somebody body. Cameras should have been put on or something. We should be able to see what happened to this brother. And we understand that he died from the injuries from the car accident. We are not even sure if they took him to the hospital. He may have been dead on a rival when the ambulance got there.
Speaker 1: Just a couple more questions, mister cukor won Really, how often do independent autopsy's changed the course of cases?
Speaker 22: Charlemagne is so important anybody who can afford it the affairs a deaf and custody case, I implore you to please get an independent autopsy, because you cannot trust the medica examiner or the coroner, the local coroner, because they worked with the police every day. It's like the prosecutors work with the police every day. So there's an implicit bias in favor of trying to help craft the narrative that best and his most advantageous to the police narrative. What the police want to probably say here, Charlamagne, is that we didn't know, uh it was uh you know, we did everything we could, We just didn't know who the young man was. And all this stuff and then we didn't see need to get an autopsy, or if we got an autopsy, they're gonna try to craft it with helps. The Jacksonville police not be charged with homicide. They're gonna try to make it some easier charge if we get charges at all.
Speaker 6: Okay, A question for you, aund.
Speaker 7: All day. Yeah, please.
Speaker 12: The field MV.
Speaker 22: Charlamagne, thank I always Lord, and tell my sister Testley figure I said, what's up?
Speaker 1: Absolutely definitely will all right with the history of Mississippi, it's no telling how many missing black people just bury somewhere in Mississippi's.
Speaker 9: Right, very sad, very sad. All right, when we come back. We got your room and reports don't move. It's the Breakfast Club the.
Speaker 7: Morning Morning, everybody. It's the j n V. Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Laura la Rossa is here? Good money, man.
Speaker 6: It's daytime. Where you at Envy, Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's I'm out in Virginia.
Speaker 4: Told you see the sunlight.
Speaker 6: At least you got a window.
Speaker 7: Stop it because people believe in your stupid ass rumors.
Speaker 9: The Internet is gonna what Internet, They're gonna Internet. I'm out in Hampton, Virginia right now. Of course it's my school's homecoming. It's also fam used home coming in Norfolk State's home coming, So you know the h in the month, I would say the end of September and October.
Speaker 7: I do this each and every year.
Speaker 9: I go on like an HBCU run and document a lot of the things that we're doing, talk to the students and DJ and and just to just to just do anything. You ain't painting that yet. This morning, he said, wen't.
Speaker 7: Paint that big yet. This morning.
Speaker 6: You worried about my pa that big.
Speaker 7: He thought about it till he was like he was because I was gonna say, what would Dwight? Howould say?
Speaker 12: Dwight?
Speaker 7: I would say, mind your business?
Speaker 12: Facts?
Speaker 4: Facts?
Speaker 6: Would you say?
Speaker 4: He wouldn't say.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just making sure you say facts. I thought you said something else. Now listen I.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 6: I'm just making sure. I'm just making I.
Speaker 10: Just got started trying to get me cans. Just making sure I just scot damn your own people.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be I'm gonna be hosting the Daily Show starting this Monday. Man, from Monday to Thursday, I'll be hosting the Daily Show all next week. I just want to put that out there the Daily Show on Comedy Central.
Speaker 9: I'm excited about that. Who I guess you got coming up? Anybody you can say yet, But.
Speaker 1: Yea, I got, I gotta, I got, I got guessed every day next week. That's what The Daily Show does. They have they have cast going. That's one of the things The Daily Show does. But yes, I got some good, some good, solid guests lined up for next week.
Speaker 9: Okay, Jeff, that reflect my interest. Okay, now we got rumors on the way, Lauren, what were we talking about?
Speaker 10: Yes, we're gonna be talking about Dwight Howard. He actually, I mean he's been kind of fake or responding a little bit, but like he posted a video where he addressed all of the fallout online behind the civil suit and the new accusers and everything going on in his bedroom.
Speaker 7: All right, well, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 12: It don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club. Why are you looking at me like that? Lauren?
Speaker 4: I was waiting everybody.
Speaker 7: J n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Our guess co host Laura la Rossi is here, and let's get to the rumors, the rumor reports.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice from the.
Speaker 6: Name from the breakfast club, Lauren came in.
Speaker 10: Hot, so Dwight Howard has been the talkerscial media for the last couple of days. There's a civil suit right now in play that have sexual assaw allegations or accusations in them, and a bunch of different things.
Speaker 4: But Dwight Howard's a tourney.
Speaker 10: You guys came out and confirmed that or from their take of this, that everything that is being legendis to sow what was consensual. So right now online people are very focused on Dwight Howard's sexuality and who he is choosing to deal with, versus thinking about the civil suit and having a conversation about that, so he's been forced to respond directly.
Speaker 4: He posted a video yesterday. I's sake a listen.
Speaker 26: Auchista with the nonsense about all this bullscrap minds of business, and don't worried about who people spend their time with. Whatever I'm doing in my bedroom, it's my damn business. Everybody don't need to know. You ain't got to say anything about what you're doing in your house. It's your house. You ain't got to explain that to nobody, no matter what they say. They could say anything. Who gives to y'all too damn knows the word about what I'm doing in my bed.
Speaker 12: The people who know.
Speaker 26: What's going on in my bed, they know what the.
Speaker 12: Hell going on with my bed.
Speaker 26: That ain't for everybody on the internet, That ain't for no blogs, that ain't for no web sites. I don't got to tell nobody where I put my wood at.
Speaker 1: I understand the circumstances. He's right, it isn't anybody's business, and he doesn't have to explain it to anyone. And I understand the circumstances surrounding the case. The allegation is made against the white But all I can think of is what a terrible way to be outed. I mean, what a terrible way for you know, your sexuality to get put.
Speaker 6: On display, very much so.
Speaker 10: And I think because of that, like there are certain things that he will have to answer to. But I was about to say in the court of law, not in the court of Twitter or Instagram. So what he's saying, I mean, I hear him, you know, But even this video, people are still like in a frenzy because he posted and it's like, whatever's happening in this in his home is what he's choosing to happen, and y'all just move on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I don't care who cheeks he cracking.
Speaker 4: I don't know why. That just felt so wrong for me.
Speaker 9: Like you said, it's nobody's business but his own. It's not like wherever you want to lay his wood, he could lay his wood.
Speaker 10: I don't know. No, like he said it, I'm not laughing at him. And what he said is true. But for some reason, when you guys say certain things, it's just like it is.
Speaker 1: He said this time last time, didn't A couple days ago he said to Meat that was but I saw.
Speaker 6: I thought they had like messages and he said he want that meat.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, Dwight Howard, No.
Speaker 1: Man either way, even for whatever you want meat, wood is yours.
Speaker 6: What goes on in your bedroom, that's your thing.
Speaker 7: That's facts.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People got learned to live and let live.
Speaker 10: So we are going to move on to now another person that people just love dragging through the media.
Speaker 4: Recently, Jada Pinkett.
Speaker 10: So Jada Pinkett, it was reported that her book sales.
Speaker 4: Were very low.
Speaker 6: That makes no sense, they listen.
Speaker 10: The reports that were circulating were that the book was doing horrible when it came to a lot of the best sellers lists. Now we did some diggings, Charlamagne, we were talking about this, and where's she on the New York Times bestseller list.
Speaker 1: We ain't even have to do no digging, Lauren, It's right there the New York Times bestsellers list. She's number three on the New York Times Bestsellers List. So I didn't understand when I saw these articles. In the headline, says Jada Pinkett Smith book is a flop, I'm like, how what were they? Where did they even get that from?
Speaker 10: So when I went into the article that most people were referring to.
Speaker 6: Was it Newsweek or Daily Mail?
Speaker 10: It started from Newsweek and the Daily Mail picked it up and deally Mail's headline I think was kind of like what made people kind of run with this? But they were talking about this like Amazon Books bestseller list where she only reached number eighty one, and then on the.
Speaker 1: Kindle hold on, hold on, hold on, Laura, I can't let you say only reached number eighty one. I am a New York Times bestselling author. A couple of times over explaining to us I have a book in print called Black Village Publishers. When you're number one, number eighty one on the Amazon bestsellers list, that is great because you want to be top one hundred because literally on the Amazon Books list, it's millions of books. So you're literally number eighty one out of millions of books. To give us some context, I looked up my first book, Black Privileges, to see where it was at. This came out in twenty sixteen. It was like three hundred thousand or something yesterday. Wow, So just think about it. So you're number eighty one out of hundreds of thousands, millions of books.
Speaker 6: If you're in the top one hundred, that's great, Well.
Speaker 9: She did the book company wants you to be in the top one hundred. Yes, that means your book is successful.
Speaker 10: School we only know about the Billboard charts. Oh god, okay, I mean a lot of us are I didn't.
Speaker 7: Well, that's that's the problem.
Speaker 9: A lot of people don't do research and they just assume. But in the book world is it's totally different. You're in that top one hundred, you in a New York Times bestseller, and you're a national bestseller. Those are amazing feasts and that book is doing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't understand how you can literally title an article Jada Pinkett Smith's book is a flop when it's number three on the New York Times Bestsellers.
Speaker 4: It's the headline grab you know how that goes.
Speaker 6: But how could you?
Speaker 1: I know, nobody cares about the truth and the lives more entertaining, but damn, because it got me.
Speaker 10: It got me, Like when I saw the headline, I'm like, it's Jada Pinkett. I don't care how much you like her, don't like her, you're interested because it's Jada pinking it's Will Smith.
Speaker 4: Why would it not do well?
Speaker 10: And then I read and I said, wait, they listen all of the great stuff that she's doing at the top with the book, and then at the bottom they list this one or two lists that she they were saying she wasn't placed well on.
Speaker 9: And you just explained it better, by the way, and to answer your question, Charlamagne, yes, we are there with it because it's not even just the blogs and these people on these trolls online now, it's also you know, major news outlets that are reporting lives, which is which is crazy to me.
Speaker 6: That's right, I just want to tell you. And also, this is fantastic.
Speaker 7: It's a good read.
Speaker 6: No Werby is a good read. I'm telling y'all that.
Speaker 4: Right now that she does she so are the kids really?
Speaker 7: Will y'all better stop?
Speaker 10: Because online everybody was like, that's the next thing we're gonna find out from the book.
Speaker 1: Is that the kids aren't talking about No, I'm halfway through. It's going to something pages. I'm halfway through it. But it's been a fantastic read thus far.
Speaker 4: I never thought I see the day when people feel so bad about with Jada Pinkyeat. I love her.
Speaker 6: I'm a Piga Smith Winfrey.
Speaker 7: No its called her, I heard.
Speaker 10: I don't know if do they claim you? Okay, all right, we got time for one more. Yeahsha Tasha Kay is back in the headlines again.
Speaker 4: So Cardi b Tasha Kay.
Speaker 10: You guys know, there was a huge lawsuit Tasha Ka has to paid Cardi be a bunch of money because of all of the things that she had reported about her that were not true. So recently, Carti got online and she talked about wanting to commit suicide because of some of the things that people throw her away fans and then she talked about feeling sorry for someone and that her team would be upset about feeling sorry for this person.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to Cardi.
Speaker 27: My friends always told me this. They say that I am the toughest, weakest, but my heart is very big and I'm not gonna make decisions right away. I'm not gonna make decisions right away because I got burned so many times in life. I don't want to talk to my friends because my friends are looking at me, like, don't you ever not gonna talk to my husband because my husband is calling me up, and I'm not gonna talk to my fans because I know the child.
Speaker 25: Don't play about me.
Speaker 27: I'm gonna talk to my mom tomorrow. Because I could tell when somebody is depressed. I could tell when somebody is going through some shit. I could tell when somebody just feel like they don't have nobody to talk to. Surprisingly it doesn't make me happy. Don't think that I'm like this, like this type of person that is like, oh, she's so nice, like Courty, such a nice person, because you get real nasty.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna text Cardy today. You got to keep your foot on that person's next.
Speaker 9: Whoever whoever she's talking about, because when people do you dirty's funny, right, it's laughing. They don't know what you're going through. They don't know the depression that Cardi had. They don't know the feeling of Cardi wanted to possibly commit suicide. They don't know all the negative energy that Cardi we had had had on her. But now when the tables turned, now, you know, keep your foot on that net Cardi.
Speaker 6: Well, like I say that that sounded very painful just now. That sounded like he was coming from a place of hurt.
Speaker 1: But I would say, you can forgive someone for hurting you, but that doesn't mean that person is absolved from dealing with the consequences of the hurt that cost you. Like we see it all the time. You know, somebody gets murdered and the family forgives the murderer. That doesn't mean the murderers have to go to prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, I agree.
Speaker 10: And again, when Carti did this on Twitter spaces, she never said a name, but of course everyone's thinking she's talking about Sashake because Sasha Ki then went on and talked about Carti needs to not commit suicidecause who's going to help me be a better person and just all this stuff and she's crying in the video are very like emotional the video, so people are saying that she's playing to the fact that Cardi maybe possibly talking about letting up on her.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it's about that. I just think I get what you're saying, Laura, and you're absolutely right. I just think, once again, you know, you can forgive somebody for you, so you're not holding on to that hate. But that doesn't mean that that person that hurts you doesn't have to deal with the consequence of what they did to you.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, I think it's principle to be in business, right because I think a lot of people when that lawsuit was happening, people were like, herty is crazy, She'll never win. It's media. Media has free expression and blah blah blah. There are rules to what you can and can't do in this game.
Speaker 7: Nobody these rules are being crossed.
Speaker 9: People aligned, Like we talk about all these situations and all these these celebrities that we're talking about, people lie. And it's not even just the trolls anymore. It's not even just these the blog sites and podcasts. This is real media that Look, look at the story we just talked about. The book flopped and people believe that, and that could affect herself. I'm not buying that book because they said it's a flop.
Speaker 7: That's not true. She's number three in the New York Times. Flop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: That's it's strange. We're in very spooky time. That's why Halloween is next week. Halloween is next week because we're in very spooky.
Speaker 4: Time, isn't it this weekend? This is the weekend's celebrated.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's next week.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, that is your room and report. Thank you, Lauren, of course, Charlemagne, Yes, we're giving that.
Speaker 1: Donkey man, we need to Washington, DC firefighters to come to the front of the congregas. And there's always great reasons to stop at Chick fil A. I don't know if this is one of them, but we'll discuss.
Speaker 9: All right, we'll get to that next it don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 7: It's time for Donkey of the day. Donkey said the day asked may I'm a Democrat, so being Donky of the Day is a little bit of a mixed yet so like a donkey donkey the other day the breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 25: Now I've been called a lot of my twenty three years.
Speaker 14: That donkey of the day is a new one.
Speaker 1: Yes, donkey today for Friday, October twenty seventh, goes the two Washington DC firefighters. Now they haven't put out these DC firefighters' names, but I just need y'all to know that they love Chick fil A like the rest of us. Drop on the clues bombs for Chick fil A. Say, I don't know what it is about that bonus breast chicken season of perfection, freshly breaded, pressure cooked in a hundred percent refined peanut oil, and serves on a toasted buttery with.
Speaker 6: A deal pickle.
Speaker 1: But man, chick Fila really has a chokehold on society, doesn't it. See y'all not old enough to remember when Chick fil A was only down south. I remind y'all at least twice a week that I was born in the nineteen hundreds nineteen hundred and seventy eight to be a zach and when I first moved to New York from South Carolina in two thousand and six.
Speaker 6: Wasn't no chick fil a up. Chick fil A didn't come to New York until twenty fifteen, right right, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 7: I think around that time around there.
Speaker 6: Yep, yeah, I don't even know why I told y'all that fun fact.
Speaker 12: Just now.
Speaker 6: I just need to discuss how great Chick fil A is.
Speaker 1: For a second, salute, everybody in line at Chick fil A right now ordering that number one. Blow your horns damage all right, Chick fil A chicken biscuit season the perfection, hand breaded, pressure cooked in one hundred percent refined peanut oil, and served on a buttermilk biscuit baked fresh.
Speaker 6: At each and every restaurant.
Speaker 1: You put some egg on that, dang man, I would do cheese with I'm blacktotes in tolerant with some grape jelly.
Speaker 6: Look at God, and please don't forget the hash browns.
Speaker 1: I'm just painting the picture of the goodness of Chick fil A because even these you know, even though these two fire fighters absolutely have earned Donkey of the Day, I can slightly understand why they did what they did. I had to look at my peripheral because the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee is just standing in the window drooling.
Speaker 6: Just now that description just did something to them. Let's go to News for DC for the report.
Speaker 12: Please.
Speaker 15: News for has learned a DC firefighter who along with his partner, stopped for fast food while on a call, was fired. A spokesman for DC Fire and EMS confirms he is no longer with the department. Back in March, our Paul Wagner reported the two firefighter EMTs assigned to Ambulance three stopped at a Chick fil A in Northwest DC instead of responding to a call for a woman suffering from chest pains. A government source familiar with the investigation tells News For a trial board heard the terminated firefighter's case. The second firefighter has yet to face her own trial board.
Speaker 6: Now, look, these guys made a decision.
Speaker 1: They made a choice either, you know, do their job and put other people's lives before their own hunger, or go pick up their order from Chick fil A that they already purchased via the Chick fil A app, which is very responsible. Okay, when you're in a rush. Now, I understand this woman was suffering from chest pain. She was suffering from chest pains. At a Coserpermentatoh, gotta look at the context.
Speaker 7: Colin Fermente is a healthcare company.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this with no facts to back it up, no knowledge of what goes on at cosin Fermente. But if you haven't chest pains or a healthcare company, it feels like it's kind of like.
Speaker 7: Being dehydrated at a poland spring factory.
Speaker 6: This is That's just the way I see it.
Speaker 1: You know, you call it EMTs because colin perment they don't specialize in chest pains, but somebody at the healthcare company can hold it down for a few minutes while I stop and get these chicken minies. Now, I know, cosa Permente doesn't specialize in hard problems and chest pain, but that doesn't mean they're not capable of handling a patient with chest pains.
Speaker 6: They just called the EMT the double check. That's how they handled it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They wanted they called it, actually called the EMT probably the double check, to see if how they handled it was good.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like when you have a DIY project at home. You can do it yourself, but you call this just to make sure that what you did was solid. That's why I feel like they were called. Now, I'm not saying this shouldn't be consequences to these firefighters' actions. All I'm saying is there's a lot more irresponsible ways this could have went down. If they didn't already pre order via the app and got into a Chick fil A line at four pm and DC then they truly don't care about the lives of others. But they already called it in via the app. They knew it would only take a few minutes. There was a sense of urgency to their order. Plus, do you want you know, firefighters emt workers that are hungry coming to help you. They might be angry, not focused because they thinking about eating. The report written by one of the firefighters says there was no delay in patient care or response.
Speaker 6: Translation but did she die though? Okay, now I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Ask the room before I confirmed this, he haw what did DC firefighters wrong for stopping at Chick fil A before they got to this person with chest pains envy?
Speaker 6: Let's start with you. They were starving, man ain't eight all day?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, they were wrong, man, Lauren.
Speaker 4: Hell, yes they were wrong.
Speaker 6: They were wrong. Yep, that's what I thought.
Speaker 12: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: It don't sound like it sound like you with the biscuit in the chicken.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: The president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee just texted me and said, this one was suffering from chest pains.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is a very good point. He said that.
Speaker 1: He said the woman was suffering from chest pains, but they were suffering from stomach paints. To the fat and to the Fat Lives Mattic community, a number one, no pickles, extra Polynesian sauce, large waffle fry, and large half and half can fix both chest and stomach pains. That's just what the president of the Fat Lives Mattter Committee said. I agree with y'all.
Speaker 4: Polynesia, not the Chick fil A sauce is Polynesians. The Chick fil A. No, no, no, no, that's the way they do at Chick fil in Delaware.
Speaker 10: I'm just making sure that I heard that right, because you want somebody to risk their life and you're not even getting the right sauce.
Speaker 4: You probably don't even drink half.
Speaker 6: And half Polynesia sauce.
Speaker 10: The one tho, No, the Chick fil A sauce is the one but first of all, they're completely wrong. Sounds like a heart is that?
Speaker 6: Please give the DC fire Fighter's the biggest hull.
Speaker 12: That's no.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna sit here and tell me I love Chick fil a sauce. You're gonna tell me Chick fil A sauce better than Polynesia sauce.
Speaker 4: Chick fil A sauce is better.
Speaker 6: You gotta stop law.
Speaker 1: No, get along on a roast donkey today. Nobody believe that. I've never heard that in my life. I ain't never heard nobody put Chick fil A sauce before people.
Speaker 7: Some people do like to.
Speaker 1: Like the Chick fil A sauce, but I'm not putting it before the Polynesia. I might even mix the Polynesia with which we.
Speaker 4: Have a beautiful young lady in here from Southern.
Speaker 6: Come in, come in, young queen from Southern University.
Speaker 10: Southern University, right shout out to the HBCU, come on, come over here. Which sauce do you get at Chick fil A?
Speaker 13: I give Polynesians go.
Speaker 2: Just every time.
Speaker 17: I ain't gonna lie. I'm cringing over there. It's definitely Polynesian over Chick fil A. But even before that, it's barbecue. Then Polynesian. Never let me put you on specifically for the fries fries plus barbecue sauce.
Speaker 25: At Chick fil A top tier.
Speaker 17: Then if you want to get crazy with a drink, y'all gonna thank me for this half Chick fil A? No, well, yes, but it's half lemonade, half fruit punch.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just got another text for the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee. He said, the views and opinions from the skinny mini communities and.
Speaker 6: Of the fat lives know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm going Polynesia sauce. Easy money man, easy call. You want the camera?
Speaker 12: Guy?
Speaker 4: Italian agains black.
Speaker 7: Nick might have to go with Lauren on this one.
Speaker 9: Actually, what look at you? You better go boy, he's Italian. We can't listen to him. All right, Well, thank you for that donkey of today.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back, the medic Committee said, that's like me trying to tell y'all squatch it better than jumping Jackson.
Speaker 7: Now, let's open up the phone line eight hundred five A five one five one.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 7: Jay Z was doing an interview with Gail and they were talking about is he a cool dad? And this is what he said, do.
Speaker 12: Your kids sick? You're cool?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 12: Blue?
Speaker 21: She'd be fronting on me a little bit, but I catch you, I catch you in the corner. You know now she asks me, you know this cool? If you know her sneakers or whether.
Speaker 6: She wants your advice?
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, she's come back. But there was a time where she was like dad, Yeah, I was like, I'm cool.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you're saying at your house? Your parents is cool?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 7: So the question is eight hundred five A five one O five one where y'all want to go with that?
Speaker 9: Y'all want to go with? Are y'all a cool parent? Or what's the uncool moment you have with your kids where you embarrassed you kids? Which way y'all want to go this morning?
Speaker 4: I'm not a parent, so.
Speaker 7: I mean your mom could have did some uncool ish to you before you think, like, mom, that's just it. Do you want to be? Do you want your kids to think you cool?
Speaker 6: Is that what we want as parents?
Speaker 11: Not like that?
Speaker 10: It's just more so like you, I mean, it's an ego thing a little bit because he's jay Z, Like how his daughter not going to know he's cool?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, But I'm be honest with you, it's hard to look cool to your kids because even the things that I might enjoy in my spare time, when I said to my daughter, I feel stupid like your daughter, it doesn't think you're cool. Well, like even last night I was in the same kitchen and I said about to cry, I don't care about you fake. She was like, why are you quoting the city girls? And I had to think to myself, why am I quoting the city girl? Attend something that night in the kitchen, like what is the question?
Speaker 7: What is the question.
Speaker 4: Your uncoolest moment? Because that was really bad.
Speaker 12: To me.
Speaker 7: The question is do you even care if your kids think you cool? Like it's cool we were.
Speaker 6: Going were you dancing with it?
Speaker 12: Too? Like?
Speaker 6: Probably he probably was coming out of the pan the.
Speaker 4: Text her group chat and said I can't wait to.
Speaker 7: Get your cars.
Speaker 6: And I was driving yesterday and I didn't scream out I'm.
Speaker 7: Looking for the whole.
Speaker 1: Well, that's only because when we was at Citis show and that's all came on. My daughter and her friends started wild into it. Then they caught themselves because we were sitting there. I'm like, you ain't gotta hold that in for us.
Speaker 9: All right, well, eight hundred and five A five one oh five on the question is do you want to be cool to your kids? Do you want your cool your kids to think that you're cool. Let's talk about it and cool because you're not. Let's just discuss when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. God morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Warning everybody, it's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us.
Speaker 9: This conversation comes from jay Z and Gail King that we're talking about jay Z being a cool parent.
Speaker 4: Do your kids sink you're cool?
Speaker 12: Blue?
Speaker 21: She'd be fronting on me a little bit, but I catch you, I catch you in the corner.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 21: Now she asks me, you know, if it's cool, if you know her sneakers, or whether.
Speaker 4: She wants your advice.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, she's come back. But there was a time where she was like dad, Yeah, I was like, I'm cool.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you're saying at your house. Your parents is cool.
Speaker 9: So we're asking eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. Do you think if your kids think that you are cool?
Speaker 7: That is the question.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I care about my kids thinking I'm cool in the way of cool that we are thinking. I want my kids to believe I'm cool enough to have a conversation with about anything, you know what I mean. I want my kids to think that I'm cool enough that whatever they're going through, whatever's on their mind, whatever you know, obstacle they may be facing, whatever decision they may be thinking about making, if they're in some trouble. I want them to feel like my pops is cool enough that I don't have to hide anything from him. That I don't have to asking me of my little ashy ass friends. I can go to my dad because my dad is not gonna be judgmental. My dad is not gonna be upset with me. My dad is gonna have my back regardless. I want to be known cool like that. I don't care if she think I got on cool sneakers or anything like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm the same way.
Speaker 9: My kids can talk to me about anything, regardless of what it is, good, bad, and different.
Speaker 7: I'm that cool.
Speaker 9: I'm that parent that they can have a discussion and not have to worry about Dad wilding out or or dad's streaming or yelling or getting in trouble. We're able to have those open lines of communications in our house. And that's with all my kids, from my oldest to the youngest. But I'm also that parent too that I like to play those type of embarrassment games to my kids and embarrassed the is shadow. And I remember last year I picked up my kids and I was dressed up for Halloween. I was dressed up as a baby. I had them pamper on and I walked outside and I embarrassed the ishadow me.
Speaker 12: I am that.
Speaker 9: I am that that parent as well too. I play jokes with my kids. I am pull my finger when they do I'm a gonna fart. Yes, that I am that parent as well. Don't look like that, Carmen. I see you in the corner looking like that. But yes, I am that parent.
Speaker 10: Where did you pick your kids up from with the diaper on on school? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: That hurts.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, listen, man, if he's embarrassing, he embarrassing me all the time. He's just an embarrassing individual. Lauren, you got a cool mom.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, my mom's cool, but I didn't used to think she was cool, and I didn't appreciate the cool when I was younger. I think it's to what the point that y'all are saying where like she would get with me, But I think she always especially because you know I'm a girl. She always wanted me to feel like something's going on boys whatever. I want to equip you with the information number one, like I want you to be honest about what's going on out here, but also too, I want you to be able to come to me and talk to me. But when you're young, it feels like mom, like, why are you trying to be in my business? Or you're not my friend like I used to tell my mom at the time, Mom, were my friends, Like we're not.
Speaker 1: We don't, we don't have to be friends. But your parents should be your closest confidence. Even though I'm not gonna sit here and act like mine world, but I try to be like that with my kids. You know what I mean, because you know when you talk about unconditional love, there's nobody on this planet that's gonna love you like your parents do. So those are the two individuals you should be able to bring anything too. Like I want my kids to feel like they could talk to me about anything at any or not everything. Some things take to your mom because Daddy don't want to know, but you know almost anything.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And then now I appreciate it though, like now that I'm older and like I've been through some of those things that she was trying to coach me through early, I just felt like she gave me the rule book and the guidelines a bit early row. I didn't really understand life a lot, so it felt like, Mom, I'm growing up too fast. But I think she's just trying to protect me. I get it now, and I appreciate it because I have friends who can't go to their moms about stuff and who can't have certain conversations. And my mom is the like she gonna really tell you how it really is. And my friends appreciate that.
Speaker 4: So now I get it.
Speaker 6: As your parents, right, you go to your parents about everything.
Speaker 25: Yeah, my parents are very cool.
Speaker 4: I love my parents.
Speaker 25: I'm probably a little too open with my parents. I don't think there's no such thing know how you just said, no, not everything. I don't want to know everything.
Speaker 17: I tell both parents everything, you know, my kids everything to It might be delayed, it might be like two weeks after because I know how my dad could get but I'm gonna tell him.
Speaker 1: And I do that because you don't need By the way, you don't need to tell daddy everything.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, you do.
Speaker 17: He's the one who makes sure my comperence is straight all the time. My mom is like, my mom is the one who'll be like, you're a good person, you know, like you know you're doing okay. And then my dad is like the you know, tight, tighten up. You need both you do you need the love navigation?
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: I love that.
Speaker 7: That's that's how we should be. Your daughter should be able to tell you anything, whether it's a mom related issue or not. Your daughter should be comfortable enough to be able to say, Lord, you.
Speaker 11: Know what.
Speaker 1: A daughter coming to you and tell talk about some man told her she don't know how to give flat.
Speaker 9: I would perform my daughter talk to me. It would be uncomfortable conversation to be able to talk.
Speaker 6: You're gonna tell her how to do it.
Speaker 9: I want my daughter to be able to talk to me about anything. And I just want to say another thing, too, is a lot of parents. Sometimes they don't want they're too cool for their kids, right, they don't want to do certain things because they feel like they're too cool.
Speaker 7: No, you be a kid man, you be a father with you to your child.
Speaker 9: Like That's why I love the car shows because when I have the call shows, I see so many parents with their kids in the jumpie pit into this and of that, like be like, enjoy your kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm with all of that, but don't come to me with no sexual stuff.
Speaker 25: You gotta girl out.
Speaker 7: Of talk to you.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna tell you why you need to grow out of that, right because as it so, my dad, me and my dad are cool. But I told you I didn't met my dad so I was like thirteen right when I got to the point where I started dealing with guys and stuff like that, we weren't in a comfortable space so I could talk to him about things. Now that I talk to him, I realized so much of like what I want to do better when it comes to my male relationships and just how I handle myself with men, protecting my body, all that stuff. Because of the conversations I have my dad. My mom tries, right, but is your death thirteen. Yeah, I didn't mean him say I was thirteen, She toltally he got into something.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like he just I was one. He really no, I was one. He left and I didn't se him against I was thirteen.
Speaker 25: So see you trying to laugh.
Speaker 11: Trying to laugh.
Speaker 7: Let's go to the phone line. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: So if a god ghost you, he said, Dad, man, this guy ghosted me, and he'd be.
Speaker 7: Like, well, wow, let's go to Lauren. Lauren, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry about my.
Speaker 25: Okay, because that's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's go to the phone line, you idiot, go morning, good morning, morning. What's you well?
Speaker 4: Well, I can see while people sometimes hang up, y'all, guys.
Speaker 12: Be going in.
Speaker 11: How are you talking about the morning?
Speaker 7: The day?
Speaker 18: MV good morning morning, Good morning, Charlamagne. My name is Yolanda.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Yolanda. Do you care about being a cool parent?
Speaker 18: Well, to be honest, no, why but because I'm not I'm not trying to be cool to be honest, no, but I will break it down for you. All right, So I have three children, well three kids. I have a nineteen year old, a twenty year old, and an eight year old. So my twenty year old son, he thinks I'm cool, don't. I don't know why. My nineteen year old daughter, she loves K pop. I don't know half of the stuff she'd be talking about, but she don't think I'm cool. My eight year old she I'm all at in a bag of chips and some Polynesian sauce from Chick fil A.
Speaker 6: That's right, Which is better than Chick fil A?
Speaker 21: So yes it is.
Speaker 20: I'm sorry, Lauren, but it is. But yeah, she does because mommy we be having dance sauce after hours on the weekend. But I am when it comes to school days. I'm very authormative.
Speaker 18: But we do our dance sauce, and mommy know the latest dances of everything. So yeah, mommy's cool.
Speaker 11: To the eight year old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that you're not gonna know if you really cool to your child to your child gets older.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm telling you. Also, I think mama is so cool now. I used to be like, like, oh, why did you have to do that?
Speaker 17: I think when I was younger, I loved my parents, and when I became like a teenager, I was kind of off of it.
Speaker 25: But then once I got the college and was by myself. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: I ask you guys, you'd be like, mommy, I've been away from my mom for a couple days. I said, like, I miss you. What you're doing.
Speaker 7: Let's go, let's open up the full line. You shut up, man, I'm just asking. I want I want that five one oh five. When we're asking do you want to be the cool parent? Do you care if you're a cool parent? Let's discuss. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's topic time.
Speaker 16: Called eight hundred and five eight five one O five one to join it to the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Talk about it morning everybody, j n V. Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Laura le Ross here, DJ Nihala is here.
Speaker 6: Delaware is a wild place. I'm gonna say that. Why don't worry about it.
Speaker 25: You gotta stop telling these guys stuff.
Speaker 7: That's wow.
Speaker 9: We're talking about do you think you are the cool parent? Do you care if you are the cool parent?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 9: This conversation comes from jay Z and Yay okay, and they did an interview and this is what jay Z said about being a cool parent.
Speaker 7: Do your kids sit, you're cool blue.
Speaker 21: She'd be fronting on me a little bit, but.
Speaker 6: I catch you.
Speaker 21: I catch you in the corner.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 21: Now she asks me, you know, if it's cool, if you know her sneakers, or.
Speaker 6: Whether she wants your advice.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, she's come back. But there was a time where she was like dad, Yeah, I was like, I'm cool. I don't know what you're saying at your house. Your parents is cool.
Speaker 7: So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. Let's go to the line. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Oh this is right b Raymond Butler.
Speaker 7: Raymond Butler, are you Are you the cool parent?
Speaker 11: I'm the cool paarent.
Speaker 22: I'm from I'm from the Camel Souper City where in our projects you were.
Speaker 7: The cool parent.
Speaker 6: But that's me Now.
Speaker 11: I live up here in Warren and all my kids friends like me.
Speaker 7: The problem.
Speaker 12: Make sure they got they.
Speaker 11: Stay with my crib. You get a good breakfast, you get a good lunch. But to turn it up, I'm gonna pump up my speaker and we're gonna get our jam old school music. You play, oh no, I play stage play, I play dominoes.
Speaker 6: Just what kind of jams you be playing kid kind of jams you play for him?
Speaker 11: Oh man, I got you already know. I got to take them back to the old school, red Man. Okay, and I gotta take him back. I got to take him back to the mess. I gotta take him back to my brother Lynch. You gotta keep them gags that. I gotta take it to my brother Lynch. And I gotta go to the new school.
Speaker 7: What's the new school?
Speaker 11: Blue face?
Speaker 7: Okay? He go all over the place. I hear somebody whisper. That must be your child whispering to you.
Speaker 11: You say somebody.
Speaker 13: I mean.
Speaker 12: No, no, I'm just in my car.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, thank you.
Speaker 12: Sir, Thank you. Brother.
Speaker 7: He went all over the place, he went. Redman met the man. Then he went he acting his.
Speaker 4: Age, his konyak out the plastic, the paper bag.
Speaker 6: Come on now, big who's this the morning?
Speaker 12: Is your boy?
Speaker 11: Love you from the Bronch, Love.
Speaker 6: You from the Bronx.
Speaker 1: That I know your kids don't thank you, cool because you'd be weighing him construction Timberlands with the gene shorts in the summer.
Speaker 11: Respectfully, it's mister thirteen and a half. But your kids not only should they respect you, but you want.
Speaker 23: Them to look at you in a different light as far as a father's perspective, my son as a shingle father, my son asked me to be his best man at his wedding, also to read his vow. That to me was like winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 11: NB. I know, Charlah, I know y'all got kids, so we have.
Speaker 24: To look at it as we get the templet for a faller.
Speaker 11: For our children.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, King, but I have to let the world know that you are the man who calls up here and lets everybody know you have a thirteen and a half inch penis, So that means your kids know about that too.
Speaker 6: Today say yo, this is my daddy.
Speaker 25: He got a big I thought you was talking about his shoe side.
Speaker 7: No, no, right, how did they introduce you that?
Speaker 23: That doesn't come into the conversation, Charlotte.
Speaker 7: Just making sure you that's your calling card. You're always talking about it.
Speaker 11: That's not my calling card. But but as a as a ruling man, Charlie, you know how it is.
Speaker 6: No, I don't.
Speaker 7: I wish I knew how I was to have a penis as large as your sir. I'm very average.
Speaker 13: Throw up.
Speaker 7: He is very small, sir.
Speaker 11: But but I'm saying, Charla, you have to look at it like this.
Speaker 23: Your daughters are gonna look at their first lover is gonna emulate you. It's gonna because you're the first male image that they're gonna fall in love with.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, and I hope they get the more healed version of me.
Speaker 1: That's what that's my that's my hope, you know, I mean, but you have to show them what what a healed version of a man looks like so they're able to recognize it and another man, you know what I mean A lot like I don't want them. I don't want them to get the version of me that hadn't you know, processed their trauma and was projecting a lot of pain and a lot of hurt on the other people. I want them to be able to recognize, you know, what a healed individual looks like, so they can, you know, gravitate and.
Speaker 6: They'll gravitate towards that just because of you know who they are, you know, the closer.
Speaker 10: Y'all get to even what they learn about you when you weren't that and then them seeing you now it's going to open their eyes.
Speaker 6: Let me go burn these books and all all this old audio and all this sudden stuff. No, you want them to see it.
Speaker 1: But I think I'm not ashamed that I'm not ashamed of any version of myself. Every every version of myself, you know, taught me valuable lessons.
Speaker 9: And they should learn from your lessons. So hopefully they don't have to go through the things that you did. You have that conversations all the time. All right, Well, when we come back, we have passed the aucts. Knowledge is here.
Speaker 7: She's gonna put us onto some songs that we should know about. So don't move. It's the breakfast of the morning. Morning everybody is seej n Vy, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the breakfast club. Now it's time for past the Awks.
Speaker 2: It's time for past They with DJ nine Djo.
Speaker 12: What up?
Speaker 7: Laurla Ross here as well? What what's up?
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 25: I'm excited about these pics today. You already why.
Speaker 6: You must really like these songs.
Speaker 25: I do really like these songs.
Speaker 17: The first song that I'm gonna start with is by Manny Wells, and I actually discovered it on Instagram.
Speaker 25: I was unfamiliar with him before. But the song is called Magic.
Speaker 6: From one of the continent he's from.
Speaker 4: He sounds like he's not Jerry, but he from the d m V that want to Vacation.
Speaker 7: Yes, what is that afro something afro beat? I guess right, the.
Speaker 25: Afro b R and V is. I don't know when he defines himself fast, but I think he's a singer.
Speaker 17: That's fine, Yes, and we're gonna keep it in the DMV because Brent Fire has dropped a surprise album today, Fire and what I like about it, Well, I didn't finish the whole album, but it started off with a track called tim because.
Speaker 25: Timberland produced it. So I don't know. I think it's ill.
Speaker 17: And he dropped a new record with Felix from Van Buren shout out to Boston, and it's called Upset.
Speaker 7: Luthor Brent As.
Speaker 6: I want to check that project out.
Speaker 1: He got a record on they called Outside All Night with a sad rocky and uh New York La. That's Gilly, that's Gilly's daughter. That's how you pronounce it right, New York La. Yeah, Yeah, I want to check that out.
Speaker 7: Yes, and Brittany and he's like straight R and B right, Yes.
Speaker 10: His bag, Yeah, he don't he comes to the concerts fully dressed. I love him swaggers yeah yeah.
Speaker 17: And then lastly I'm gonna go with two chains and Wayne now and I saw there dropping, I was like, do I really care?
Speaker 12: But then I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I don't know.
Speaker 25: But when I heard the record, I was It took me back.
Speaker 6: Why would you not care about to changes a little Wing?
Speaker 4: There wasn't a lot of noise around.
Speaker 25: I know I didn't.
Speaker 7: Is the album no no no?
Speaker 17: The album drops single November third, I think first week in November.
Speaker 25: But the single is hard. It's called pressure to Change a Little Wayne.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't you want to get to change Little Wayne?
Speaker 25: I'm not saying I don't want to hear it, but it's just been a while.
Speaker 7: You know, when did that last?
Speaker 6: When that last College Girl album came out, I forgot.
Speaker 10: Like twenty twenty Wayne hopping on people's songs. Though recently Wayne's been doing good with the future. He's been on a great feature run.
Speaker 7: But then Wayne just released an album like what two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked about.
Speaker 25: Yeah, he's people's I'm not hating it's Little Wayne.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, Little Wayne is already home, y'all. He's top three greatest sim season of all time. Like y'all talking about Little Wingne like he still got something to proof.
Speaker 25: I'm not saying he got anything to prove. I'm just saying I was surprised how much I like the record.
Speaker 6: That's all, okay.
Speaker 25: I'm living in a new space now.
Speaker 10: When I wayne music you don't like, I don't think I've ever heard any I might not love love everything, but I've never disliked anything.
Speaker 12: Have you?
Speaker 25: When he went on, I didn't really like his feature on What's Popping? Actually I hated it.
Speaker 4: What's Popping?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Loaw Wayne Fire, I like that song? You ever heard that song he did? That's kind of like Brenda's Got a baby. When he talked about this teenage girl from Delaware who didn't meet her pop soil, he.
Speaker 6: Was thirty wow.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 17: So on a positive note, past shout out to everybody who's been pulling up to the live events at Cafe Zuly in Brooklyn.
Speaker 25: They've been amazing.
Speaker 17: R and B night went really well, so big shout out to Ryan Trey, Alex Vaughn, and Leah for last Friday. But we're taking it to Atlanta now and we're talking in the college kids So we're doing Spellman Moorhouse in Clark, Atlanta, and we're letting the students come perform. And we're also doing this in partnership with rock Star Energy Culture Lab in Atlanta, so it's gonna be cool.
Speaker 25: So submissions are open.
Speaker 6: For what's the day to that?
Speaker 17: That is on November ninth, and but you're a still doing another one and we're doing another one in New York as well. Okay, that's on the seventeen.
Speaker 6: All right, Yeah, you said submissions open.
Speaker 17: Submissions are open, so go to ww dot p that's the ooxlive dot com to submit your music. We have one for the college students and then we have one just for the regular Past the ox that's taking place in New York City.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Big Nihla.
Speaker 1: Nihla is building a cultural institution Past the ox Live.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's really it's really fun and it's like all music lovers in there. Like you could tell, it's no stink energy. Everybody's down to build. So if you guys haven't been able to attend, definitely come through.
Speaker 9: That's all right, Well, thank you, Nyhla. When we come back, let's get to the mix. It's all about homecoming. HBC I'm at Hampton this weekend. Shout to Norfolk State. I know they have their homecoming. Shout the family. I know they have their homecoming. Let me know your favorite homecoming joint. Let's get into it. This is the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj NV Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 7: We are the Breakfast Club. Laurl La Rosas. Thank you for hanging with us this week.
Speaker 4: Of course, had a great time.
Speaker 7: That's it, Lauren giving me a twitters your Instagram.
Speaker 4: Damn man Envy, I wish you was here. I need support in this even from.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 6: Come on, Lauren, you're still.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, thanks for having me.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 10: Make sure you guys stop by if you're in a Delaware area to the Brown Girl Grinding Headquarters at three hundred West ninth Street from Monday through Thursday, twelve to six. Y'all can shop everything that you see me wear Brown Girl Grinding in this room in person and of course on brongar Grinding dot com. Follow us on all socials Brown Girl Grinding common spelling. We were doing news conversations and we're just a good time. Come join the group chat. I'm Lauren Rosa on everything and yeah, it's been a time. Even though Charlomagne is so angry all the time.
Speaker 12: I am not.
Speaker 4: I am passing the angry black men.
Speaker 6: You make me laugh, Lauren. You've got great stories some of the stuff.
Speaker 10: And that's laugh at some of the stuff. It's gonna be empathetical. Now I'm a joke.
Speaker 7: You know, it's comfortable.
Speaker 17: It'll make you feel comfortable, act like he really cares, and then they'll hold it over your head for the rest of it.
Speaker 10: Because I really wouldn't have shared it if I didn't care. And me and my dad in a really good place. So now you told me Brenda got a baby?
Speaker 17: It is me?
Speaker 7: All right, Oh my god?
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 9: When we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club goome morning all to everybody's j NV charlamage God, we all the Breakfast Club salute to everybody out there. At Hampton University's homecoming Northfolk States Homecoming in Virginia.
Speaker 7: I'll be out here all weekend.
Speaker 9: You know, this is a homecoming season, So I like to stop by all the HBCUs as many as I can, just to document it and show students and people what going to an HBC looks like. So again, salute to all the homecomings, Salute to I know Famius this week and again Norfolk State and of course Hampton University.
Speaker 7: So shout to everybody. Now, Charlemagne, you got a positive, No I do.
Speaker 1: But before you get to that, I just want to tell everybody man you know November is coming and you know in Novem but when the holidays come around the Breakfast Club we love to do change for Change. So Change for Change is back and it's all about making the holidays extra special for our listeners.
Speaker 6: So this year we're partnering with our good.
Speaker 1: Friends at Amazon to fulfill your holiday wishless. Okay, just hit up our website at BC Change for Change dot com. That's BC changed the number four change dot com and let us know your wishless and why we should fulfill it. Then listen to us every weekday starting this Monday, as we start fulfilling your Amazon wishless. Okay, Now the positive notice simply this, some people will learn how to appreciate you by losing you. Go where you are celebrated, not tolerated. If people treated you like an option, leave them like a choice. Your worth being loved and adored. Have a great weekend breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Bitch, you don't finish your y'all dumb