Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you really miss paid Kevin. Do you know what time it is?
Speaker 2: Happy anniversary, Jenna, Happy podcast anniversary, Kevin.
Speaker 1: This is one year, and happy anniversary to you all who have joined us and have been listening for one whole year. WHOA wow?
Speaker 2: One year? How has that happened? It's gone by very quickly, too fast. I mean we're already on season three. I don't understand how. I don't get in through time is a construct.
Speaker 1: It is. Well, Happy anniversary to you all. We really appreciate you all listening and being with us for this whole year as we learn, evolve and remember.
Speaker 2: I mean really, you know, from here on out, it's really remembering I got. I feel like, in a way we're just starting because season one and season two we have have watched so many times, we remember those things really really well. Where I feel like, starting now in season three and after this first year of the podcast, I'm so excited, even more excited to genuinely to watch these episodes because I have sort of general memories and now watching these first two episodes so far, I'm almost watching them for the first time, and then all of these new memories are flooding back to me and it's it's very exciting. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: And in some ways, like watching the episodes, I do remember more than I think I remember. I need the memory job. Yeah, and they are more recent in some ways, so this is this is very exciting. Like even next week's episode eas and half, I was like, oh my god, it's already here.
Speaker 2: Do you think what happened was? Because season one and season two we keep saying that we remember more and it was further away in time from now that at some point your brain is just like, this is more of the same. Your days of like shooting are sort of the same. So we're just going to like compartmentalize and cure all of this stuff over here so you can just make it through the day. Because I am like watching this, I'm like, oh yeah, and I have all of these memories of like, for example, for this episode of sitting at that table right Dott and Jaima for the auditions, and it all came flooding back.
Speaker 1: There's just too many memories, I think. Yeah, there are so many damn memories from every day, because every day was so was similar but different that like sometimes it felt exactly the same and sometimes it was like so distinctive, and.
Speaker 2: Every day was so long. There's no way human can remember all of these things.
Speaker 1: No, it was really really long. I don't even know how we need it through those days, to be honest, because I can barely make it through the day.
Speaker 2: I do feel really lucky, though, because I don't think many people, you know, have something like this to be able to look back on to jog all those memories right.
Speaker 1: Right right, this is this is encapsulated in time for the rest of our lives forever, right exactly. Yeah, my pudgy face.
Speaker 2: I look at my spelt face and my was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, we hate a lot of chilli that day. Wait. So okay, exciting thing that I like to talk that I don't think we've ever talked about is we've talked about how crap are like crap craft service, which whatever. But there was always second.
Speaker 2: Snack, second meal or second.
Speaker 1: Meal, which was like a breakfast. It was a brush. It was between when they put out breakfast and when lunch when we break frost.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So it was like a second meal snack.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what we called it.
Speaker 2: It was a snack, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so they would put stuff out in craft on you know and crafty on the tables. But sometimes it would be like the chili cart. They have chili and then they dumping cups for us, and then there would be like toppins and you could talk with cheese and satur cream and hot sauce. And I loved chili days. I loved chili days.
Speaker 2: Completely forgot about that.
Speaker 1: I really looked forward to.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they had grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Speaker 1: Oh so good. Yeah, And some days it was like a total surprise. So I really that was fun. That was really really fun.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes it'd come around You're like, I can hear the cart coming, and it was it was just vegetables with some ranch, some ranch. But Jenna would be like and be digging.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is this where snacks get me through?
Speaker 2: You're a snacker?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I am a snacker, not so much anymore, but I was on set. You just can't help yoursel What else do you want to do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I eat all the time on set. There are no rules on set, Okay, This is season three. This is episode two, and this is called I Am Unicorn. It aired on September twenty seventh, two thy eleven.
Speaker 2: The number one song was Still Moves a Jagger. Number one movie was Still Lion King in three D, which is wild. Some news, some Glee news outside of the episode airing. It was pretty quiet on the Glee news. But September twenty seventh was Grenetatra's birthday. Oh my good, happy related day, related birthday to GP.
Speaker 1: After two and a half years he was cheating while you were pregnant. Were pregnant?
Speaker 2: Yeah, about thirteen women.
Speaker 1: More like if I would have stayed married to Max, I think he would have achieved forever. It was. It was just toxic relationship. Michael Coffin returns to wind Down with Janet Kramer. Wind Down with Janet Kramer and Michael Coffin. You don't want to miss this three parts reunions on iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts. Okay, First of all, this episode was directed by the one and only Brad Felt Trunk B Foul. But there were not that many songs.
Speaker 2: There weren't that many songs, but the songs that were in it were long.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: You got almost full songs, right, yeah, which never happens. We didn't get those TV edits.
Speaker 1: They had time, We had time.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm a sucker for an audition, so I loved watching the full songs back to back. Okay, So the songs that we did get for the West Side Story auditions were somewhere from West Side Story, I'm the Greatest Star from Funny Girl, and something's coming from West Side Story.
Speaker 1: No group numbers, nope, but.
Speaker 2: Sort of unrelated. We now know the Troubletones are coming. Oh so exciting. So that music is coming that see it has been planted.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. And we get we get a Dina menzel back. I almost said, Adele dozine.
Speaker 2: Do you think she hates that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel like Adeena is like, you know what, like speak my name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so easygoing. She's like sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that forever haunt in some ways. Yeah. So we got we got the amazing Adena back and she's going to lead us to our favorite, the treble Tones.
Speaker 2: Which was I didn't remember how the troubles Troubletones started.
Speaker 1: Me neither, So I just knew that they existed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in my head, it's like they just appear right.
Speaker 1: Right as like another competition but within the school.
Speaker 2: Something else about Shelby Corkoran. So her last episode was season one finale. Yeah, and Rachel asked Shelby to come teach at McKinley and she declines, well, well, well, well, well look how the turns table.
Speaker 1: We also have a surprise. Blaine is also a junior like Tina and Artie who knows wow, which it was established that he was a senior and silly love song, so they took it back.
Speaker 2: He was a senior at Dalton, but a junior at McKinley.
Speaker 1: They take it back, Lord, and we've got well. And also, while talking to Bert, Kurt mentions Kate Hudson Metta, who appears later as Cassandra July as Rachel sans theater teacher at YadA.
Speaker 2: During every season, we're always just sort of forecasting who's coming on with Like first season we talked about John Stamos.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ryan's just manifesting in his own way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also a little fun fact, the clown pig picture that put gives Beth brad Fauchek and Diana drew it and Brad teated it back in twenty eleven. That's funny, seems accurate, it seems right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally totally.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot happening in this episode, per usual, a lot of different storylines. Shelby Corkoran returns to McKinley, Will initiates a booty camp for some of the Glee Club members. West Side story auditions start, and Sue continues working on her congressional campaign, and with Shelby back in town, Quinn faces her life choices.
Speaker 1: There's a lot that happens, and not a lot that happens with Tina. Tina's not in this episode. I was actually I was like, am.
Speaker 2: I in this You were throwing some looks?
Speaker 1: I was, I always throw some looks because I usually did have a time today. So there's also when when Brittany in the beginning, which is one of the best lines of the episode, I think, and when she talks about will I am being president and the choir the classroom laughs.
Speaker 2: I hear your laugh, me too.
Speaker 1: They pulled a laugh track from the episode later and they pulled it up audio to play during that classroom scene.
Speaker 2: Because I heard my laugh I'm like, I'm not in that classroom. Why is my Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fun fun fact. I was like, that's definitely Kevin's like real laugh. Yeah, And they pulled it up from either another episode or some kind of choir room scene where we're all laughing, but you do laugh really loud a couple of times in this episode. I do, And so I think maybe they pulled it from later on.
Speaker 2: Good Catch Jennet, because I also clocked up. I was like, no, it's probably not me. I'm just narcissistic.
Speaker 1: It was absolutely yeah, thought So it's the catle the loudest castle. Your feel here.
Speaker 2: It's so bad. I hate it.
Speaker 1: No, I love that laugh because you know, when we get you to laugh like that, we really made you laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it.
Speaker 1: I did it. It's the wind.
Speaker 2: It does happen. It does happen. Later in the episode when I'm with Dot and Jama. Yes, it's real.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I just wanted to pop that in there.
Speaker 2: So, Yeah, big things happening. Shoe wants to focus on nationals this year. He's very serious. He's talking about how vocal Adrenaline doesn't have a coach and so they're weak, they're vulnerable. And because of that, he is committing himself strictly to the glee club, so he cannot direct the school musical, and so he sets up his booty camp. It's going to be after school. That's not optional for some of the glee club members. Again mm hmm, I guess that reinforces likely clubs during school hours. But because you can't direct the musical, and Rachel has a lot of funny lines here, Will brings in Emma and Coach Bees to help with the musical and then enlists Arety to help, who was at first, you know, resistant and then accepts. And I personally was very excited for that storyline because I got to work with Dot and Jama for a week straight every day.
Speaker 1: Is this your first Is this your directorial debut in the show, as already.
Speaker 2: Already directed Run Joey Run, and he directed Vogue. Is this is his theater directing debut, the stage directing debut?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, Okay, I want to talk about that whole thing with Dot and Jama, which you didn't really spend a lot of time with them. None of us did spend a ton of time with them before. Maybe more, but yeah, okay, just hold on to those thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll come back to that.
Speaker 1: So you know, the extension of this is that the auditions within the glee club. Kurt wants to audition for Tony, and obviously Rachel is auditioning for Maria, and it's pretty pretty much in the bad and Blaine, who is now part of New Directions and at McKinley High, who is the right fit for is not going to audition because he realizes how important it is to Kurt as a smart boyfriend move, a really nice move. We also like that we you know, we we need to start to love Blayne as a McKinley member, so this is actually like a really smart right yeah as well? And and then who else is auditioning or we'll Rachel obviously auditions won't get to that.
Speaker 2: Kurt auditions twice, right kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind now, and then Blaine obviously sings Something's Coming, which you know we'll get to as well. You got to watch all these auditions as well. I did, what tell me about all of this?
Speaker 2: It was very weird being on the other side, even though it's just, you know, I'm the same character and the same show. I really felt like I was on the other side of the table, like I got to be Matt Morrison for a little bit. Yeah, We're like, you don't have to learn these numbers. There's no rehearsal for you. All you gotta do is just sit there and enjoy. And what a joy it was. I mean watching Chris climb that scaffolding and do all his thing, his sword twirling, all of that, all the things like we know that he does and is capable of doing. Getting to watch that was so good. I have to say. The best thing to watch was was Chris and Leah doing that Roy and Romeo and Juliet. Oh Lea didn't Leah did not mess up those words once. And I watching it and I was like, oh, she didn't mess up once.
Speaker 1: Of course she did not, And do you expect anything less from her?
Speaker 2: It was so impressive because that would do my brain in and it was.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I that's that's one of those memories that was completely I you know, had forgotten about and dying laughing it would. They were so funny, like Chris dropping his voice download like this, and I didn't really have much makeup on, had a little facial hair and unto unto the and we can whatever it was, and Jaima and Dot and I were genuinely losing our minds.
Speaker 1: It's very funny. I mean, the costume is a long.
Speaker 2: Were very funny and also just great, Like I didn't get to watch I would have enjoyed. I would have liked to watch a Dina and Leah do that full number because you only see us right at the end, so we only really we're there for the very end of that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they were singing, sang it. So let's go out to curk for a second. Because Chris gave the number of his life and I didn't know he could climb like that. I forgot. But also so those those size swords, he would do that backstay backstage, Oh my god, where are we in his trailer? Like offset like everywhere. He used to do them all the time. So that was something that was a crisp thing that they incorporated and it totally worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really.
Speaker 1: Cool and very very not like Tony like, but I can't see where they were going with it. Gave it a masculine touch, but he's very good at that.
Speaker 2: He's very good at that. I mean, it was just you're seeing everybody sort of do like what they're really good at. Darren's obviously like a musical theater beast and so and you have that that full banded orchestra up there doing all these numbers. So it just looked beautiful. I it was. I had the time of my life because Jama and Dodd just gots of like ref oh we were acting a full Jenna, Jama like Jaima and Dot could just be so like brutal to like the comedy is very dry and like harsh and hilarious, and so I think I also think there was a line at the start of one of those scenes and I giggle, and I think Jama was ad libbing at the start, and like all these things made it in I think because Brad was directing, so he would just like, let us do it. He knows everybody's capable of, right, right, So yeah, coming in and out of some of those scenes, there are total ad libs and oh my god, f I remember at the end of each day distinctly, remember my cheeks hurting from smiling so much.
Speaker 1: Did you were you guys? Was that like one or two days or was that like the whole episode that you guys were together shooting.
Speaker 2: It was a lot because it was several days. I think it was probably three or four days.
Speaker 1: Musical numbers, write in theory, make take like good day, right, so you have to be there for all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then we had some of the office. We had that scene in the office, were debating, which was also hilarious. Were just so you were.
Speaker 1: Like in the judges room, like you got to do like your thing with like like that.
Speaker 2: Which was so fun. I was watching myself too, like I'm acting differently, Like I'm so much more casual. The speed is different because they're like, yeah, comedic jam is a comedic genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't think people realize it, Like her timing is out of this world, and so getting to like, you know, when you're in the glee club, that's a different timing. When you're a teacher, I think that's a different timing. Everybody has these different rhythms and so I felt like I was just sort of trying to adapt and keep up with them, and it was at the time of my life. I didn't want it to end. I we also because the show, Yeah, and because you're up there on the stage, I mean up there in the seats in the auditorium. You don't need to leave between set up changes and all that. So we would just stay there because you're like, why are we going to go down these steps to go sit somewhere else, Like, we'll just stay out here.
Speaker 1: Well, you get up to go sit right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so we just stayed there all day and hung out with each other.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: It was great and jealous and jealous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had a little bit of time with that, but I didn't get like kind of like peanut gallery type time, you know, on the show at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what's also nice about them, It wasn't like we were sitting up there talking shit either.
Speaker 1: They're really nice people. Yeah, because other than you, they're both really nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was the odd man. If we were all there, we'd be talking so much shit, oh, so much snack. They're just like funny and nice, right, They're not like us. What do you remember from this episode?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I wasn't in most of it. I I think I was in one seat.
Speaker 2: One scene were you physically were you actually only in one scene? I think so that choir room scene, because you're also not in the boot camp.
Speaker 1: The only reason that I remember one off scenes like that is because of what I was wearing.
Speaker 2: Fair you need something to bring you to the place.
Speaker 1: Yes, it takes me back to like the moment in time. Sometimes it takes me back to the season because of like Tina's you know, draftic changes in her wardrobe. But yeah, I didn't. I didn't do a lot, And I don't remember ever seeing any of these like watching and shooting you guys shoot any of these either. So like I was off somewhere doing something. I'm sure it was Glee related. I'm sure there was rehearsal for the next episode because well maybe not, but because Harry and I have, like Harry is a big storyline next episode, and I know he had some stuff that I had to, like, he had a lot of dancing stuff and him and Zach worked out that I had to like kind of come in and sit in on. Yeah, so there's that, But that was it. I really don't have a ton of memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just like, let me catch that.
Speaker 1: Check literally, like, but let's put teen in so that we make sure that we pay her so she earns her keep for at least one episode, one scene.
Speaker 2: Talking about your wardrobe. Something we haven't talked about is how the fittings would happen throughout the season.
Speaker 1: Right, So Lou or Jen or any of Lou's amazing or any of our amazing wardrobe people, they would shop. They would shop at the top of the season for a lot of looks. Now, those looks only lasted a few episodes because sometimes episodes would have nine days in them, and you can't wear the same outfit in the nine days. Some episodes would be two days and you don't really have to have two very rare, and so oftentimes you would have fittings every I don't know, two months, maybe less in my memory where they would shop a ton for your character because we had, you know, signature looks, and you'd go through fifty two hundred outfits probably maybe a little bit last.
Speaker 2: And you knock it out quickly. You would just sort of stand there and just change thing after thing, And I mean in the shop.
Speaker 1: Say we love it, tailor it or we hate it, send it back, and.
Speaker 2: The shopping trip at the beginning of the season. Every single character has minor tweaks every single season just to have some sort of like refresh to their character. You had the biggest changes, like the most noticeable changes, and so once those things were established at the top, then they could I see and then sometimes you wouldn't. I didn't even have to because mine sort of, for example, was just.
Speaker 1: Like etening fit for you. You're like, just get it.
Speaker 2: They started buying youth larges for my button ups and then they didn't have to tailor those stop. So then like you know, once those things are established at the top, then you can sort of when you have those fittings every you know, six weeks or so, they can sort of streamline it and be like, this will work. We're just gonna throw this in even if we didn't try it on yet.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yes, there were some episodes where there was no time for fittings like that. Yeah, and so you'd see address you had never seen before. And sometimes these amazing seamishes that they had would come in your trailer before while you're getting hair makeup, he'd try try it on, make sure it fits. If it doesn't it needed some kind of tailoring, they would take it and fix it while you were rehearsing. While you were doing all of that, and he'd be ready for shooting. So sometimes a lot of times it was like that because we were kind of in the grind. But for girls it was a little bit different. There was a lot of you know, things on the hangar don't always look good and they think it'll work and it doesn't. But generally, like that's what wardrobe is for a whole department to decide, Okay, this look will be for this scene, this look will be for the scene, and then I, I as an actor, would text lou or one of their you know, one of the team and say, make sure that I'm wearing a longer skirt in this scene because I have to be lifted up or something like that, because that's not really their job, like they don't know in rehearsal what's happening or you know so much. I try to, yeah, and I try to help them with that because like otherwise I'm like, we're holding up the whole choir room scene for Jenna's shorts or something like that. But anyway, Yeah, I don't think we ever talked about.
Speaker 2: Like episodes like this where you don't necessarily have a lot. It would be one of those opportunities to squeeze in like a gigantic fitting totally thatst you a couple of months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Okay. So the another thing that's going on in this episode, which I love how this episode started was that Britney helps Kurt with his president campaign.
Speaker 2: She thinks he's seene sweet speech, isn't it?
Speaker 1: It really is? It really really is.
Speaker 2: When a pony gets it does a good deed. He gets a horn and becomes a unicorn, and he poops out cotton candy untill he forgets these magical ones. Then the horn falls.
Speaker 1: Off, and I love that horns. They becomes you.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about. Kurt says like, that's a scary story. Then like, oh, you know, little did we know at the time Chris was about to become a gigantic author himself of stories.
Speaker 1: And basically Brittany being Brittany, you know, they they can't really agree on exactly what his campaign's going to look like and his posters are going to look like. And Brittany is really leaning into.
Speaker 2: The gay gay gay gay gay gay.
Speaker 1: Of it all, and Kurt thinks we should lean away, we should not lean into that. Brittany decides to hang the unicorn crosters anyway, which I really love those.
Speaker 2: Unicorn Hoosters and the Bulging Pink fun Sack and which had rainbow flags. There was DVD of Burlesque, yes, So that's another point people have talked about. An exists in the Glee the World.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. In Santana's line also when when Kurt's like, I wanted something toned down, she said, this is toned down in the original Bleaching Corn which Unicorn was riding.
Speaker 2: You like, I shouted, I shouted, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It was too good, too good. She had to have one really good one in every episode. So there it is. There it is, And and Curt and Bird have this really really nice scene, which always time for Bert. We always want Burt.
Speaker 2: And it was also nice to see that conversation was great on so many levels to see Kurt address himself in that way, like they're not making roles for me. It's not like I can go play this and go play that. It was just a really realistic conversation. But those conversations always aren't.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, they are, We say that all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just always surprising, so surprising when you have scenes like the Unicorn and shit happening right and then and.
Speaker 1: Then there's our drama. Yeah, you got our or one hour drama in this with curtain.
Speaker 2: It's so nice to watch scenes when you know they're just going to say the right things, even though it's going to be messy, right right, but like it's going to be truthful totally a show about high school and there's games being played, and there's manipulation happening with some of the teachers, and like those two characters are the only two characters that only speak truthful to one another in the entirety of the series. Like they're just one hundred percent honest and it's not disrespectful and it's not mean.
Speaker 1: It's Carol too, but oh god, yes, the four of her family.
Speaker 2: And you know, I did notice this episode two. I was like, oh, ROMI was right because for us she was in so much more than she actually is.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, Like where is she She's locked in the basement. And and to wrap up that storyline, Brittany is now gonna run for president because of Santana.
Speaker 2: So cute.
Speaker 1: They are really cute, but sat Ana's also like stirring it up.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Also did we clock that Brittany says that she might be a Binicorn.
Speaker 1: This there's just so much room for some really, really good lines in this episode because it's a unise I love you anything.
Speaker 2: She just you know, dropped the mic with see you at the debate.
Speaker 1: There's this whole thing about the baby. The baby comes back because Shelby co Friend's here. I thought we were done.
Speaker 2: We have so many thoughts.
Speaker 1: With the baby. I thought we were done with the baby. Kevin, no offense to the baby. I love babies. Obviously, this storyline feels like it came back from the dead.
Speaker 2: And not only did it come back from the dead, they have the same conversation three different scenes. It's the same scene.
Speaker 1: They're like, we have to give it any more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like I want more, Quinn, I want more show.
Speaker 1: Like maybe not about that the same right.
Speaker 2: In the same episode. Right, I was like, yes, we get it.
Speaker 1: Quinn needs to shape up in order to get the baby.
Speaker 2: She dyed her hair pink. She's terrible.
Speaker 1: You need to get your shit together. And then Puck's like, I want to be a part of it, but then I need Quinn to be a part of it, so let me tell her to shape up. And then Sue's like, shape up, and Sue's enlisting Quinn because that's what Sue does. She needs a liaison, she needs somebody in a mole in the glee club that's gonna shape.
Speaker 2: Shift that ad they were, I'm sorry, they're filming that ad for Sue's campaign, right to show how you know, the arts have ruined this girl. Yeah, and when Quinn goes into tell off mister Shue, the way mister Shoe yells at her, it's so terrifying.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: You were you were at school in your office talking to a student.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't speak to your child like that.
Speaker 2: No, And it was really really wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what this feels wrong? I did feel wrong, like what is happening?
Speaker 2: It was weird. And then she does get her act together right, well, seemingly she shows up and it's really sweet. She shows up to dance rehearsal. She's wearing heels and addressed.
Speaker 1: I missed that old I missed that punk, punk rock quin because I really like that ye for her.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, and I get it. Last episode there was not hardly any Quinn, so we needed a lot more of her, but her now whole campaign to get custody back of Beth Woo Boy wild soap opera. Yeah, drama.
Speaker 1: Also the whole thing of Rachel being there with Shelby and Will being like, this is gonna be hard for you to be back when for Rachel, for Puff, for Quinn, you think the adult thing could do, it would be like, well, let me just step away then because about the kids. But here we are. And also Rachel's like mom, like just like her birth mother, just like glazing over it. But it felt a little.
Speaker 2: Light the other there was another thing with Shelby coming and saying that she's Sugar's dad, right, starting this new glee club so that Sugar can be in, and Will's totally fine with it because he's like, the more arts, the better. You're talking about. The best show choir teacher in the entire country has just shown up to your school. Two start another show choir. You're not worried. You're not worried about that. You should that should be the biggest worry you have the Vocal Journal and coach club. Yes, well, well we just glossed over that. I I was I was waiting for the response and he's like, oh, the more. It's the better. No, shut it down.
Speaker 1: Don't shut it down, because we never would get no.
Speaker 2: Yah, don't shut it down, we need it shut the new direction sound.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see west Side story come come to play in the next Throughout the season, I don't actually know how quickly it happens because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was also shocked that not all the auditions were done this episode.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but this I have in a side story that's really fun.
Speaker 2: But see I have I wasn't in it, so I don't have the right.
Speaker 1: See I have more memories of like when we actually put the show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no idea.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the I am unicorn. I mean, that's really the gist of the episode.
Speaker 2: It was what a funny episode it was.
Speaker 1: It was funny and light and I enjoyed it. There were some things that I could have done about, but.
Speaker 2: Overall, the Shelby thing is a little JANKI.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, So what's my story happens? Soon?
Speaker 2: When does it happens? Okay, that's so soon we're just casting and then just putting it up.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's how works. Only do you want to do some tarty tastes. Uh yeah, cringe moments, you know, I have to say, And maybe because you were in it, it didn't feel this way, but I felt like laughing at Kurt was actually hurtful. It wasn't like he was in on the joke because he wasn't really laughing.
Speaker 2: No, it was really mean.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: It was absolutely meaning. Yeah, I agree that felt watching it felt very uncomfortable. I guess that's what it was supposed to feel, like.
Speaker 1: Got it? Okay, so we were supposed to feel that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because like that's just I mean, that's mean, and like you're making fun of his like I don't know femininity or that he just operates differently as a male, and that's fine, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, just making Yeah do you is that where you're going with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going with that.
Speaker 1: That's what to do.
Speaker 2: I mean Finn dancing in Booty Camp when he finally really him doing like that double spin.
Speaker 1: I saw the double and I was very impressed, and you see Amber space in the back when she her reaction was actual genuine.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know if you no, that was the one and only time that boy ever did a double spent very.
Speaker 1: Good, very good. Yes, I was. I was so tickled by that.
Speaker 2: It was very enjoyable. Also, those slow most shots of the dancing were insane funny.
Speaker 1: I like like.
Speaker 2: Like, why were they dancing to piano?
Speaker 1: They don't perform to piano in ballet class.
Speaker 2: Piano, yes, but it's not ballet class. We do like top forty songs.
Speaker 1: It's because they couldn't get licensing Kevin, so they decided to have Brad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 1: I'm just what is your favorite song in this episode?
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh, I think I'm gonna have to go with somewhere.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just very good.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so I'm giving you the other two. For performance, I would give you I'm Great to start, and for overall song, I would say Someone's coming.
Speaker 2: Wow, you were in a fight.
Speaker 1: Let's go. The best performance by a prop.
Speaker 2: Sie Worts obviously well runner up all the the Kurt for president. Yeah, yes, but the prop department was really on it this episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a few best lines. I think, oh Man, Brittany's when she's talking to her about the pony and the unicorn and how it gets the horn is really funny. Which we said earlier in the episode. There's another one that I really like that when she always talking to Quinn about her like rebel face and she's like, I went with the Regis philp and tattoo in the snett O'Connor.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I thought that was very good.
Speaker 2: Was very funny this episode. I we've actually talked about my favorite lines. I loved when the class was asked what's the capital of Ohio and Brittany says, oh.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 2: Can't get over it. I feel like it's a perfectly written joke. And then Santana talking about the tone down versions that the original version, you know, that's so good.
Speaker 1: The best performance m VP, I would say, there are a lot of really great performances. Yeah, I'm going with Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm also going with Chris.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, that felt that feels right. You have a lot to do in that episode.
Speaker 2: He sure did. It was wild. They were like, let's just give him everything. Oh no, Jenna, I was thinking about next episode for a second, fix you fix you? Oh no, yes, yes, yes, okay? So should we found on TikTok this week? Kelsey Kelsey Hannah with two ages at the end on TikTok post this video talking about the number of songs I would not know if it wasn't for Glee.
Speaker 1: See, Glee did introduce music to the younger generation, older music to the younger generations.
Speaker 2: Class and then when it comes on, it comes on in public and you're like, oh, yeah, I know this song.
Speaker 1: You're like, why did you know this song? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I know the Glee version. Are you ever anywhere in public? And they'll play a song like I wish this was the Glee.
Speaker 1: Version for sure? All there?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I thought you were gonna say.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, definitely. I lovely versions.
Speaker 2: Okay, great. Happened to me the other day. I don't know what song it was, but I was like, if only there's this amber singing this.
Speaker 1: Part, yeah yeah, or like you'll sing the background vocals even though they're not there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. That is the biggest thing. I walk through my life singing Glee backgrounds and we didn't even do me the backgrounds.
Speaker 1: But they feel like they should be there, but.
Speaker 2: Because we had to learn them anyway. Yes, it happens every week, multiple times a week. I will just be if you see me walking on the street and there's music playing and I'm mouthing something I'm doing the backgrounds it time, Yeah, because god, those some of those background arrangements were incredible. I mean, can you listen to Valerie, Like, if you listen to Valerie, how are those backgrounds not in there?
Speaker 1: I know they they are there, They're there in my heart.
Speaker 2: What's crazy is like you take a perfect I mean, Valerie by amyoy House and Mark Ronson is a perfect cover, right, perfect version of that song, and then somehow it's even our version is also really good in a different way, and it's just, Yeah, sometimes I can't believe it's backgrounds.
Speaker 1: Valerie is so good. It comes up on my playlist a lot, like this morning playlist I play in our kitchen, and I'm always like, that's what I'm like, I wish that was the version every time.
Speaker 2: I will say that. Another great point in that TikTok from Kelsey is there. She was saying at the end of it, like if the song keeps going to the second verse, and she's like, I don't know that verse because.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: She knows the TV edits and that also happens with me.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I like listening to the full of these songs because the second verse is like always a surprise. I'm like, oh my god, Kepen singing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Next episode is Asian f Ah, there's a lot of great music in it.
Speaker 1: I forget. I only remember like the Harry stuff and Harry storyline. So I'm I'm excited to see what else is going.
Speaker 2: On in this same I don't I don't remember, and I and I don't mean to say that as like a I'm silly and I forgot, Like I'm excited to work.
Speaker 1: Totally because there's a lot of good music and I'm like, Okay, stuff is Stuff's in here and it's Alfonso.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well all right, we did.
Speaker 1: It, very exciting. Well, thanks for listening things. Happy anniversary to everybody who's been listening to us for a whole year now. We're so grateful. Literally, we'll be doing this to dead air if you guys weren't here, So thank you, and you.
Speaker 2: Keep coming back. Let me tell you, we get numbers and things, and you've been so consistent and supportive and we really really really appreciate it. And also all the love and interaction on social media has been great. We love seeing it, love seeing the enthusiasm. See you next week, and that's what you really miss Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and That's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.