Speaker 1: School season. You say it like that, yeah you do, you have to go school?
Speaker 2: Okay, wells a parent of right now, Yeah, obviously I have kids. Everything's got a voice or a cool tone or something.
Speaker 3: This is this is my favorite holiday, my favorite time of year. I just I revealed to you guys in our during one of our live shows that I grew up like as a Halloween like part of a Halloween family. And it was it sort of like fell into our lap. But yeah, like some of my you know, I I've talked about being a young magician or how my brother and I used to the amazing writer No no, the Strong Brothers, the Strong Brothers.
Speaker 1: Magic but starring less.
Speaker 3: Amazing, non magical writer, just the middle aged average.
Speaker 1: Ri but average rider. Nothing about him.
Speaker 3: No, but but around the same time, like when we were about I guess when I was like six or seven and my family got really into Halloween, and it started with we just threw a Halloween party and the idea was like, oh, we'll invite our friends over. And then of course, because as listeners who heard the episode with my parents know, like everything became like a very big production and a big investment. Our small Halloween party became let's convert our house and our woods into a walk through haunted house, like as as involved as we can get. So we got really crafty. We made all of our own like masks and body parts, like my parents did a bunch of research and figured out how to like if you make things with plaster of Paris and then you coat them in uh, like rubber, you can make your own like rubber things. Whatever. We just spent weeks building up this haunted house, and then the night of we had all these people come over, all our friends and neighbors and everything. And in some ways it was like my first real acting job because I felt all this pressure because I had to be like a monster in this one section. Then I had to go like be like the breathing monster, like or the sleeping monster in this other sectuary. I just had to make it look like this monster was breathing. Then we had to like run into the woods, and we had we had rigged while people we started in the house, we took them all through the house and different rooms and different areas, and we walked through a graveyard into the woods. And as we walked into the woods, we had a dead body fall from the trees and just scare the crap out of everybody. So like one of us had to run ahead.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, yeah, fake, knowing your parents are like, no they actually what they found a corpse?
Speaker 3: No, no, we went and found a corpse.
Speaker 1: And nobody nobody got stabbed in the woods. Method we were methed. It was there was actual pestilence. Nice.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny about that? That dead body we kept it. It's still at my parents' house. We stuffed this this body full of hay and you know, had a head on it and whatever, and then we kept it and we kept it in the barn where our pony lived. And I would have to go feed the and the irony is I was part of You had a pony?
Speaker 1: Wait what what? When did you have a pony?
Speaker 3: Childhood, Susie, our pony, We had a pony.
Speaker 1: How is this the first any of us is ever hearing about your.
Speaker 2: Pon You hated that ponytitudes you had a pony?
Speaker 1: You were that kid. You were pony kid.
Speaker 3: Dude, We had chickens, we had pony. We had guinea.
Speaker 4: Pig, rabbit had God, is it true that pony tastes like chicken.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 4: I just throw it out there was like and then when I was on the horse ranch, like wait what wait?
Speaker 1: Sorry what? And then my my ponies, Susie.
Speaker 3: We kept the we kept the fake dead body in the hayloft of the pony's barn, and I would have to go feed the pony. That was like one of my chores. I would go feed Susie at night, and it was It's so funny. I was terrified of the fake dead body that we had used. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably, can I'm sorry, Can we just very briefly talk about how I get so much ish for Connecticut yet you were stoking the fires at your school, feeding the chickens and the pony.
Speaker 3: I think that's the joke. That's always been the joke, the Connecticut thing, not the list, For God's sake, the Connecticut thing was on on set. We did that during Boy and it did Ben's joke. Ben started this whole Connecticut joke, and we we pounced on it and kept it going, and now it's become part of Podbat's world. But no, it never made any sense. It doesn't actually make sense. Connecticut is way more developed than MI. Yes, I mean, you know, you heard my parents built the house like we were. We were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, do you do you have trick or treaters now coming to your house?
Speaker 3: No? You mean in LA or my street for whatever reason doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Well, well, we live a few feet from each other, and yet we might as well live in different states, because I get hundreds of trigger treaders will apparently get.
Speaker 4: Zero zero, and nobody on my street gets anything. It's just a certain blocks either.
Speaker 3: I think in La especially, people drive to neighborhoods and they sort of like become you know, hot spots where everyone goes in a certain area, and then there's other streets that just get no love.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about when I first moved out here.
Speaker 4: Marsden, who was also a big Halloween guy, always went to Beverly Hills. He's like Beverly Hills they have the best candies that there are people that have ice cream bars, like you have a full Sunday bar. People trying, you know, neighbors trying to outdo each other. So it's like here, you know, take a pony like rider got his.
Speaker 1: Rider got his in Beverly Hills. Yeh, Beverly Hill just a giant bag with a pony in it. Here you go, just.
Speaker 3: Take one comes with saddle bags packed up candy.
Speaker 2: As a family are going to be a family of vampires.
Speaker 1: And I got this is.
Speaker 2: The first year I'm actually kind of going all out for it. Normally, the kids, I was like, they're too young to try to do like face makeup, because I can't even imagine trying to explain to them why we need to do that or trying to get it off. But this year, there's very excited about his vampire costume and we're all gonna have white faces with dark eyes. And I got fake blood, and I got the teeth that just go on the incisor teeth, not the you know, to get.
Speaker 4: The retractable ones, the ones that actually with your tongue you can make go.
Speaker 2: I did not because I'm a little worried period about having just the incisor teeth in Adler and Keaton's mouth. I'm like, they're going to choke on these. Luckily, the reviews say the adhesive is very strong. I don't think I'm gonna put them in Keaton's mouth. I don't trust Keaton Adler. I think it is possibly old enough to not like I don't know who knows, but I feel like.
Speaker 3: This point, like.
Speaker 1: Katen has a lot of teeth two years and two months, it's not.
Speaker 3: Like it's like losing his teeth yet. He hasn't.
Speaker 1: No, Adler hasn't even lost a tooth yet. Oh wow, okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: We don't even want to know what the markup is nowadays for the Tooth Fairy.
Speaker 3: Oh don't. I don't got to be.
Speaker 1: It's a sixty bucks a tooth. Now what do you do inflation?
Speaker 3: And we don't actually do it anymore. Andy doesn't well, Andy lost all his baby teeth for the most part. So but I think we only I was like, let's just give a buck. I think Alex made the mistake of giving him five bucks one, but we definitely heard of kids getting twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I just knock your teeth out after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty dollars a tooth, that's no.
Speaker 3: But I was always like this one dollar, like that's the going rate. He never really cared that much, like he actually wanted to keep his teeth. So then we had to do this whole thing of like you get you get a note from the Tooth Fairy and the money, but you also get to keep your tooth, like, you know, because he wanted to keep it.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about how potent the idea of money is that it makes children forget that a stranger is supposed to come into their room while they're sleeping too, reach under their pillow to.
Speaker 1: Take their teeth. No, I think it's like for a dollar, come on.
Speaker 4: In, it's to me.
Speaker 3: What you have to realize is that there's full on body horror stuff going on. When you lose a tooth, it's traumatic, like, so anything you can do to soften the trauma of like, oh, this thing that has been a part of me is now and then it comes out, and then you have a blood like a blood filled mouth. It's awful. And so whenever you're like no, no, no, no, a little fairy's gonna come and make it all Okay, this is totally normal. We'll speaking midnight and you're not incredibly creeped out by your blood filled mouth and the trauma of what just happened today. It's okay, Yes, an apple and lost part of you, but it's gonna be fine, Like it's worth a dollar.
Speaker 4: Danielle, Is this the first Halloween? Where they're not superheroes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Well, no, the their first gosh, I don't do an Adler was cookie Monster his very first cooking. Then he was a dinosaur, remember he was a He had a really cool it'd lit up down the back.
Speaker 1: I think it was actually it was very cool.
Speaker 2: And then that was Keaton's first Halloween, and so Keaton was also a dinosaur, but his dinosaur costume had him coming out of an egg, so he was a just hatched dinosaur, which was very cute. And then Jensen and I had dinosaur onesies and then yes, spider Man out there was spider Man and Keaton.
Speaker 1: Was Hulk last year. So yeah, they've had a few different things.
Speaker 2: But and I truthfully, I still don't know what they're going to be because we have a lot of costumes because year round is costume were a costume house. Uh and Outler still when you say like, what are you gonna be for Halloween, he goes Batman, But then I remind him, but you also have a vampire costume. He's like, right, I like that vampire costume too, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Batman vampire kind of you know, you could be he could be both just put on a cowl and have the teeth. You could be Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, a great film. Uh, an animated film.
Speaker 4: I think it's I'm gonna get such hell for not knowing the name of it. But it was done by Bruce tim the same guy who did the original Batman, and it's an alternate version and Batman is actually a vampire.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. That is a great idea.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll wear his full Batman costume, but where the cowl of the vampire, like writer said, and I'll do vampire makeup and the blood and he's he's Batman. Yeah, vampire Batman. That's a really good idea. And then I'm gonna have to deal with what we do. Then Keaton's gonna want to be the exact same. I don't know how to separate this writer, I really don't. I don't know what to do. Keaton just will only do everything out there does, and I keep, I keep desperately trying to like give, but we're really we're struggling. I hope it's a phase and that it that it passes. But we'll see, because I'm probably gonna end up with two vampire Batman.
Speaker 1: But that'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Can you do before and after Batman and then Batman Vampire? So Batman Vampires from Earth forty three?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, good.
Speaker 3: I think as long as they I mean, obviously he's gonna want to do everything his older brother does, so I think I think you want to encourage and support that, but then also say, but you're a little different, you know, like and there's you get this color and you're one of you is blue Batman, the other's black Batman, right, gray Batman? Or I don't know, Like if there's can you do Batman?
Speaker 1: Would they be? Would Batman and Robin work? Can you do Batman? Vampire? Batman and Vampire?
Speaker 3: Robin wants to sidekick to their older brother.
Speaker 2: No, who wants to be Luigi. It's it's the whole every literally everything I mean, but down to just like I drop them off today at school and Adler doesn't have to go into Keaton's classroom because they have two separate classrooms. Keaton wouldn't walk into his classroom because Adler was standing outside, and so Keaton's like, so I'm just going to stand outside.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, bro, this is your room. You have to go into it.
Speaker 2: Adler does not, And I finally had to go out and say, Adler, you don't have to, but it would help me a lot, right now if you would just come into Keaton's room so I could drop his backpack off, and either goes okay, and then he comes in and drop Keaton's backpack off. Yeah, yeah, he does really like to help, which cool. Yeah, I appreciate it. So anyway, welcome to pod Meetsookey season.
Speaker 1: No act like you don't like it. I'm Danielle Fischel. I'm right or strong, and I'm not acting.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one here who wants to act, refuse to participate, the only one of us.
Speaker 1: You've got time to stop.
Speaker 3: We gotta pay them. We gotta pay You're.
Speaker 1: Not making enough money. I get it, I get it, all right, fine, and I'm will for There you go.
Speaker 5: It's Jojo Ciua, host of the new podcast Jojo Siwa. Now it's time to get real, up close and personal. We're gonna be talking to you like I'm writing in a journal. You're gonna get all of the tea and all of the scoop. I'm also gonna be talking to my friends, to people I admire, to people that are dreading right, now, So you're gonna get like Joe to see one now and like, now, what's going on in the world. It's gonna be great and I really hope you like it. You can listen to Jojeses one Now on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: So we have had such great response to the Will and Writer pre show chatter fights, I mean, discussions about movies and the cursed letterboxed account of one host in particular, that we wanted to take it a step further.
Speaker 1: It's cursed, it curse, cherish the cursed and letterbox account.
Speaker 3: Well researched, you know, thought provoking, you know it's it's it's incendiary. Sure, but that's not a that's not a negative thing. This is what a film discussion is supposed to do.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Today is gonna be good guy.
Speaker 2: We wanted to take it one step further this episode and dive head first into a new draft.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let's do fantasy.
Speaker 4: This is writer sports ball, it really is.
Speaker 2: We discovered something writer feels sports polish.
Speaker 1: Drinking, a cracking, a beer, hanging out.
Speaker 3: Let's go, oh, that's a great idea. Let's pour some whiskey.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: This is going to be really tough. It's going first. I do not feel good about it.
Speaker 2: You know, well, maybe you don't feel goo about it because I haven't even introed the episode yet.
Speaker 1: It's going first. Settled down.
Speaker 2: This time, we are picking our favorite nineties movies. Will and writer. I don't need to explain their love of filmmaking. Even back on set when we were kids, they were always talking about movies and rushing to see every new release. And seeing movies for me back in the nineties was a family tradition. Every Friday, my parents, my brother, and I would go eat Mexican food. Then we would go to a movie theater, so much so that for one anniversary, I bought my parents' tickets to see Poetic Justice on a date, thinking they would love it because I was very excited to see Tupac in it.
Speaker 1: They were not as excited.
Speaker 3: I've actually seen that movie. It's good. It's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, Jackson, it's good.
Speaker 2: So although nowadays I am wildly out of touch with TV and movies, I have a ton of absolute favorites from thirty years ago. Now we will each pick eight movies. Go on first in Will's favorite snake draft format. Then we will leave it up to the audience as to who the winner was. So, for those keeping score at home, Writer won the character draft and I won the episode draft, so make sense Will is due now.
Speaker 1: First, I just like to point out that you both won the draft.
Speaker 4: You got to pick first in just for the records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just for the record, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: And I was gonna I was gonna write last night that I pretty start first.
Speaker 3: I think I was in close second on the episode draft and.
Speaker 1: I for both. I don't think that's true.
Speaker 3: Are you sure that's true?
Speaker 1: Is it? I came ins third both times?
Speaker 4: That's true?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm getting word that that's true.
Speaker 3: But I feel like this is this is so much harder. This, this is just overwhelming to me. I really don't know how to approach this because I don't know. I want to hear what you guys are thinking. I guess if I want to win, I should be thinking in terms of what our listeners will agree are the greatest movies.
Speaker 1: Our listeners have already proven.
Speaker 4: That they're wrong, because I've come in third twice, so we already know the listeners are wrong.
Speaker 1: Both times. So I don't care about that anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm picking the movies I want to pick, and that's just the way it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, But see if I see them on the next level. There are so many movies because the problem for me with the nineties, like if we were doing the eighties, I would be way more confident that like, well, I know that this is just downright a perfect movie, and there's like enough distance from that gade. But with the nineties, I feel like whatever movies you watched, and maybe this is true for TV shows too, and our listeners can probably relate, Like when whatever you watch between the ages of like twelve and eighteen are just so much more important than anything else. It's like so much more personal. So there are movies that when I think about the nineties, I'm like, well, Pans Down, that's the most important movie in my life. But now I can say, like, I don't know if it's actually that greatable film.
Speaker 1: Right, See, I like that that divide.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's really hard for me to make that distinction and to understand the difference.
Speaker 4: So will say you're picking you're just your favorite movies, You're picking my favorite movies that I think are awesome because I know they're awesome.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: And I'm I'm doubtly gonna be in second or third position because I never get to pick first.
Speaker 3: Well, then that's you know. My prediction is that you and I are going to really have like two or three films that were super contentent, like that one of us gets that the other is going to be so upset about.
Speaker 2: So happy because none of you, neither of you guys are gonna care at all about any of my movies except for two. Writer, Writer and I are gonna are gonna care very much about one, just one, and Will and I are gonna care about one.
Speaker 1: I already know what both of those are too. Okay, oh my god, I'm so curious. So but everything else, you guys are gonna be like, yeah, take it.
Speaker 2: Because I'm looking at this as being like a film festival weekend. Like if I got to if I got to have my own little film festival of nineties movies, what would I want to watch back to back.
Speaker 3: To just to represent the nineties or to just be the best films, or to say this is what I like, this.
Speaker 2: Is what I like, if I were gonna if I was gonna make my film festival weekend where Danielle's gonna go, and every movie that's just gonna play back to back to back is gonna be Danielle thought of hit after hit after hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, so let me let me give you a pretty clear example. And maybe this is unfair because it promptively engages this discussion, but like, Okay, if you're going to do the best films from the nineteen nineties and any sort of like historical, sociopolitical whatever, like pulp fiction should be probably on that list, right right. But and if I'm like going to represent the nineties and I had to do a film festival, I'd have to put a Tarantino film on there, right, So personally, don't care. Personally, I don't want to on there.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 3: So that's like, but that's the debate for me, is like, but you say that it represents the filmmaking trends of the nineties that are still presently to you.
Speaker 2: You have eight it's not like somebody said you've get you get fifty movies to say what's quintessential nineties.
Speaker 1: Then it becomes well, I have to have.
Speaker 2: A Quentin Tarantino film on there, and I have to have a good comedy. If you don't like those, if you like, you don't have to do that. That's how I'm looking at it.
Speaker 4: Like me too, I did Desert Island movies. These are the movies I want to be with on a desert island. These are the eight I want to watch. This is for you.
Speaker 1: I don't agree. I don't.
Speaker 3: I think we're going to cross over three movies and then the rest of them movie like what, it's really okay, Yeah, I'm just I'm just recognizing that if we're all approaching it that way, that's good to know, like, and I actually feel that that's more freeing.
Speaker 1: You know, because it's more fun.
Speaker 4: There's I mean, again, you've got thousands of movies to pick from, the idea that we're going to be arguing over certain ones because I know there's some of my lists where you you're both gonna be like, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: And then there's gonna be somewhere we're gonna be like I wanted that one, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make another after this because I started to make so many lists I can't even and I can't even narrow it down. So I'm gonna probably end up making like a personal list, which is just like the movies that I watched over and over again that I absessed over and or that influenced me in some way but that I won't say, or like my Desert Island films, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: The right way, which is writing things down on the little scraps of paper that the real estate agents send.
Speaker 1: Around your house. That's the way to do that.
Speaker 3: Super order Letterbox.
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody who wants to check out writers lists after this episode airs right or strong on Letterbox.
Speaker 1: You can see his his lists that he's going to make writer wrong dot com. Oh, we're gonna argue that much because I don't either.
Speaker 3: You're going to.
Speaker 4: And we have.
Speaker 2: The draft order was set by a random randomizer, which makes Will furious.
Speaker 3: Random Danielle Fisher and Ja what would be the most dramatically exactly once.
Speaker 2: I really wish that were the case, but we're not. The draft order is Danielle, Yeah, writer Will. So Will is the first person to get two choices back to back, and you're stuck in the middle.
Speaker 3: Which is what Will thinks is the worst pecies.
Speaker 1: The good news the worst position. I have great news for Will.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking Defending Your Life as my first pick on Oh okay, Well, that's the only movie I think you and I are going to argue.
Speaker 1: I think so too, But I'm not either. Okay, So I'm not taking it as my first pick.
Speaker 3: I'm going to if I'm smart, I should just snap it in the middle here, because you know, you just admitted your whole strategy.
Speaker 1: Why is that our strategy.
Speaker 2: I love that movie and it would be definitely on my list, but I'm not taking it first.
Speaker 4: I agree, and I know what she's taking first, But I should take a popular film first, right, because you know.
Speaker 1: I think I know exactly what you're taking. What am I taking? You want me to do?
Speaker 4: You want me to say what I think you're going to take. I think you're going to take Good Fellas or Casino really.
Speaker 2: Really smart, But I'm not. I'm taking Jurassic Park. Oh, one another one, So Jurassic Park, and that's the one I think the only one writer and I would ever even have a little bit of crossover on Park. I've done a Jurassic Park for me is I mean we, like I said, growing up, we went to a movie almost every Friday night, if not every Friday night. I was way too old to be as scared by Jurassic Park as I was, but we sat kind of close in the theater, and it is the first movie I truly remember multiple moments of sitting in the movie theater thinking this is changing my life. It's just the sound, the visuals, every single thing about it impact like that. That night, that Friday night, watching Jurassic Park changed me as a moviegoer.
Speaker 4: Big movie cinema, yes, And I just use everything about it, the music I've ever written for seeing it was all of it was amazing. It had something for everybody. If you were a kid, you thought you were, you could be one of the kids in the park.
Speaker 3: And it was still perfect. Still watch it now. That's that's the real testament to it is like more than almost any other big cinema hit, you actually still find it as entertaining now, even with the effects at where they were, like it doesn't matter. It blew Indie's mind. He's he went through his whole Jurassic Park like phase and none of the Jurassic World movies can hold a candle to it. They're still perfect. The original is still perfect.
Speaker 4: Even though they have all the bigger dinosaurs, the bigger storylines, there's multiple and there's a I have to give a lot of credit to the Dassic World for.
Speaker 3: Their ambition, but they never they never were able to get the heart and the focus that Jurassic Park the original day. It's just so good.
Speaker 1: First pick, and it's on all of our lists.
Speaker 2: There you go, So that's that's my first pick. I just yeah, love it. I feel good about that pick. Writer, you get to go next.
Speaker 3: I gotta pick Good Phillis. It's right there. I know it's I know it's just competitive, but it's still I still think. I mean, it's one of the greatest movies ever made. I think. I don't know. I guess if I only had to pick one Scorsese film, Oh, that's too tard, that's too hard. I don't know if I could pick one. Oh yeah, it's you know. It's also the first I saw it when I was pretty young. I guess it was on VHS, which is so depressing to think that I saw you know, Good Fellas cut off, you know, not widescreen on VHS. But it affected me so much emotionally, Like I remember being devastated by Spider getting killed and just like as so I was probably only eleven or twelve and just thinking like, there are people this bad in the world, and then why do I care so much about them? Why am I still kind of on their side and intrigued by them? And then you have to keep going back and like revisiting, like do I like these people? Am I charmed by these people? I hate these people? But you know people these people, And yet it was it's just it creates a whole world. But then just also beat for beat filmmaking, the camera.
Speaker 1: Amazing, the acting. De Niro is so good in this movie. It's unreal.
Speaker 3: And I think that, like Casino is the other choice that was in some ways more personal because I saw that in the theater maybe five or six times. I was obsessed. So it's affected me more. But I think it's a little too. It's messier, right. Goodfellas is still just a tight, perfect movie, and I think it capsulates a lot of what became the nineties, like gangster traditions and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean with your good Fellas, there's no sopranos yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh there's no pulp picture. Yes, yeah, so yeah, so yeah, I had to take it.
Speaker 1: Okay, A great choice. It's a great choice. Well you got too, I get two. So I am.
Speaker 4: I am taking Casino, Okay, going to be that's going to be my first take because of all the things we just said. I'm I wanted good Fellas first, obviously, but Casino is a very close second for me.
Speaker 1: It is pretty great. Yeah, it's my next pick.
Speaker 4: That's interesting, okay, because there's a lot of ways to go with this, and there's a lot I have on my list, and I was jocking back and forth with what I wanted to be my next pick. What, and I just kept coming back to this one film over and over and over again. I still watch it two three times a year. It is perfect all the way around.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think you're gonna take one of mine.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Fargo.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Well I was a close one for me, but yeah, I'm taking Fargo. Fargo is such a good movie.
Speaker 1: The acting is incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the I don't know if this if you've listened to the soundtrack of Fargo, which is the most subtle, perfect soundtrack that is just.
Speaker 1: This almost delicate angelic.
Speaker 4: Noise that plays underneath this white story taking place in front of you in this snowy land.
Speaker 1: It still holds up. The characters are incredible. I love never seen Fargo. Oh it's so good, Danielle, so good.
Speaker 3: Will did you watch the TV show?
Speaker 1: I haven't. I'm great.
Speaker 3: Season to season, it varies a lot, but I would say the first two seasons are basically the tone and the feeling of the movie into a universe that I really loved. The first two seasons I really loved.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I ultimately didn't put Fargo even on my list, and I'm not sure why other than it's really it's it's cynical and dark in a way that that doesn't make me want to like rewatch it too many times. Like watching it, I do her performance. Yeah, well, she's the heart, right, she's basically the only likable character. Thing. Oh she's so.
Speaker 1: And her husband her husband.
Speaker 4: But I mean, we quote, we quote this stuff all the time. So that's the other thing that matters to me is how it's still in the.
Speaker 1: Zeit and yeah, yeah, yeah, so Sue will like get.
Speaker 4: Up and have an early meeting or you know, an early client or something, and I still say, you gotta eat a breakfast, Margie, you gotta eat a breakfast, margin like we still do. So I was like, Okay, I've gotta I've got to. That's that's my my my pick. I'm taking Fargo, which of course was was what nineteen ninety six Coen Brothers ninety six.
Speaker 1: So that's I've got Cassen on Good Choices, Good choices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great list.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I have to take this one off because I'm scared, especially I'm scared Will's gonna take it. This is just I you know, I don't have a lot of comedies on my list, but.
Speaker 4: I need it.
Speaker 2: You feel like to round out your film fest weekend?
Speaker 1: Yes, I need you this.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you're gonna go. I think it's the most perfect script ever written. You can watch it over and over and over again. It is. I'm taking Groundhog Groundhog Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I knew that. I knew that ground I was on my list too.
Speaker 3: Yep. I have to get it now because I was terrified when you started saying that you watch it every year. I was like, oh God, is he going to decorate?
Speaker 1: And I will want to.
Speaker 3: Get it off the table. I just think this is endlessly entertaining perfect performances all around. You know, it's just like one of those feel good comedies you can watch over and over. It's timeless, it's a classic. It's a classic film. I mean, it's essentially like a like a holiday, you know, in the irony that it's set on Groundhog Day. It's basically like a Christmas movie where it's like this redemption story of this hero or this bad guy becoming a good guy through this journey. And like the first time you see it, you're ready to quote it a million times.
Speaker 1: It's like vacation.
Speaker 4: It's up there with one of those kind of you know, one of these movies that is the quintessential comedy and it's just so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great movie, great movie.
Speaker 3: Harold Ram has directed it. I'm blanking on the screenwriter's name, but he actually has a book that you can read called All about Writing Groundhog Day, which is amazing, yeah, because he just talks about how he had the idea, busted it out, and then rewrote it for like three years, and all the different variations and you know, for instance, there was a version because he was getting so many notes. It basically becomes about how to deal with studio notes and how to rewrite a script without losing its heart and finding new wiz. So, like one of the things that he talks about is like at one point he was going to be cursed by a gypsy to to live the day, like they were going to explain why mean to the old lady and therefore she curses him him and that's how he ends up. And it was one of those things like he actually puts it in his book. He puts the scene in the book, he describes it, and you get to read it and you're like, yeah, that was that would have been awful, Yeah, because sometimes you don't need to explain the magic.
Speaker 4: Sometimes your story is just compelling enough that you don't have to. Like but it's one of those classic studio notes, like we have to explain everything the audience, it's not going to be on board, and it's like, no, the whole point is that we're with him.
Speaker 3: Not knowing why he's living the stable there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, and then did is that the book that talks about how long he's in the town for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they added or somebody added up online it's like a thousand years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, No, the writer finally said, he's there for a thousand years.
Speaker 4: So watching that again knowing that he's stuck there for a thousand years is insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nuts, great, good, pick good, pick Danielle. You're on the clock.
Speaker 2: I'm on the clock now, so again going with my this is for Danielle. Also, this is for This is for little Danielle.
Speaker 1: This is for Little Danielle, Little Danielle.
Speaker 2: Litt D is for Little d as I was nicknamed in the nineties. I have to go with Titanic. I saw Titanic.
Speaker 1: I know it's so good in the.
Speaker 2: Theater so many times I saw Titanic in the movie theater.
Speaker 1: Let's say at least six times.
Speaker 2: No, it's where I decided I was marrying Leonardo DiCaprio. I was then from that moment on just on a Leo hunt. I saw every single movie Leonardo DiCaprio did. I became completely obsessed. And so to have it on my team, I have to take Titanic. And I'm not surprised that Will doesn't care. And I'm actually kind of surprised that writer, even on.
Speaker 3: A Groundhog Gay, I was going to have to take because I knew that those were the two between you two that was going to get stolen and sure enough, I mean, no Titanic is I saw it as many times as I could in the theater. Well, I think if you're talking about bigs in them, yeah, it's perfect, great filmmaking.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The problem the problem with the movie is the dialogue, Like you know, it's just not like but that's always James Cameron thing. James Cameron just is the greatest storyteller and cinematic storyteller, you know. But but as far as like humans talking and acting like humans, George Lucas is the way. This doesn't matter and it's still such a perfect spectacle. And it's on my mind right now because Indy is obsessed with Titanic, really not the movie because he hasn't seen any because we're kind of unsure whether whether it's okay, but the ship, the idea of the tragedy, he's just he's he's going to be Titanic for Halloween, him a whole Titanic outfit. Is the thing still here in la Iceberg, and I'm going to love that is.
Speaker 4: The thing is the is the experience that Sue and I went to still here in Los Angeles, he's going this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's we had so much fun. It's great.
Speaker 4: You get a ticket when you go in there and you see if you made the if you actually survived the trip or not.
Speaker 1: Then what do you thing?
Speaker 3: Should I show him in the movie?
Speaker 1: Like yes, yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Because it's sad, it's devastating.
Speaker 4: You know, but people also it's he that's one of the things he seems to be attracted to, isn't So that, Yes, it behumanizes the whole thing because a lot of it, like the old the old couple holding themselves and that that that's all stuff that was based on an actual fact. She she could have gotten on the off the boat, but decided to stay with her husband of sixty five seven years. So these are all, you know, they're real stories. So yeah, I think I think he definitely should.
Speaker 3: He knows that Jack dies, he knows like he knows basically, and he's seen he's seen the making of So yeah, he's I basically, But you know, I also don't want to, like, you know, I don't know. It's been on my mind a lot. I still think it's a it's a wonderful the real bummer about that movie. Is the c G I or the ship and the people walking? Look really these days.
Speaker 1: Back in the day that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have that problem, right, there's something too like you know, but whatever. Still great film, Yep, good pick.
Speaker 2: This next one's very hard for me because again I want, I want to take Defending your Life because they're just freaking love it, and I feel like the other one I'm torn between is safe from you guys. So I'm going to take Defending Your Life for anybody who doesn't know. It's from nineteen ninety one. Written and directed by Albert Brooks. It stars Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep. They have both died. They are now in Judgment City and they are watching key moments of their life so that it can be decided whether they move on or whether they go back to Earth and try to conquer their fears. And in Judgment City you can eat whatever you want, you can visit the Past Lives Pavilion. It is hilarious. It is heartwarming and heartfelt and fels to me like a movie that has helped others with their thoughts on death. And regardless of whether any of us are right, how could we ever be right about what the heck happens after death.
Speaker 1: But like I just because we don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like, if you can find something that really makes you feel good about it, then run with that.
Speaker 4: And I just think that entire film is beginning and I could do it like a play.
Speaker 1: It is a tremendous movie play.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm surprised nobody has done an adaptation of Maybe they have.
Speaker 2: I'm snatching it. I'm snatching defending your life and right or you're up next.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm going to take this one off the table because I'm a little scared of will might. Will might take it. Uh, it's it's it's dark, it's uh all the way, jingle all the way. No, it's just but it's you know, I think it's This movie was the first of this director's work that I saw, and of course he's become one of our greatest directors ever, and it just chilled me to the bone. I've seen it multiple times. I know it's the screenplay because it's perfect. I'm taking seven.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, that wasn't even on my list. Ye, No, that's great, great movie. No, it wasn't even on my list. Okay, good, all right, I.
Speaker 1: Thought you were going another way with it.
Speaker 3: No. I mean so you know, for me, it was like the two. You know, there's like a couple of these sort of noir like La La Confidential seven or Silence of the Lambs obviously, like you don't make seven unless Silence of the Lambs is made, right, these are all like some great dark serial killer or you know noir films. And but I think seven is for me just hands down, like when I realized that a movie could could disturb you this much and intrigue you and just be so well shot. I mean it is like every time you look at one frame of this movie and you feel the way the movie wants you to.
Speaker 4: It's like a comic book. It's like a comics it's like a graphic novel. Yeah, it's so pretty, and it's the way it's disturbing.
Speaker 3: And like always raining every exterior. Yep, they never named the city, so they always feel that sort of like, yeah, it has a it has an archetypal quality to it, and yet it's still very lived in specific and realistic that like combo like, because when things get too comic bookie for me, like you know, Sin City for instance, literally I lose it, like I need it to have that grit, and Seven just walks that line perfectly, and it fintures, you know, Like I've gone back and forth about him like in some of his movies, but overall, like we just we need great directors like him, people that approach filmmaking that seriously and yeah, and and invest that much time and energy and creating the world that they do.
Speaker 1: It's well they even talk about that in the film.
Speaker 4: They talk about where he Morgan Freeman says to Brad Pitt, if we get there and it's the devil himself, then you know, we'll we'll understand, but it's not gonna be it's gonna be a guy, and it's never gonna make sense to you how It just it was that line of realism against Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful, great movie, great, and Brad Pitt was great. It was kind of that kind of broke Brad Pitt too a little bit.
Speaker 4: I Mean he had a couple before where he was kind of the good looking guy or he had, you know, certain parts that he was very funny.
Speaker 1: But Seven was the one where people were like, oh, he's he's good. So yeah, that was that's a good pick, good pick, good picks, right, Okay, mine with his back to back.
Speaker 4: I got back to back, and I don't know if either one of you were going to pick either one of these, frankly, but these are important to me, and I think the first one is actually important to filmmaking and was huge in the zeitgeist of the at the time.
Speaker 1: People still quoted to this day.
Speaker 4: And I remember sitting there in the movie theater as a kid, going, this is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I remember there actually being a buzz about it before it came out, and this is pre internet buzz, so this is just people talking about it.
Speaker 1: So my next pick is going to be Terminator too.
Speaker 6: Oh w, which was so good and just names Cameron Man, James Cameron, a guy what people want to watch in the big.
Speaker 1: Ships, big trucks, robots, robots.
Speaker 4: And the first time you saw the the the new T one thousand melt and like drip through the ceiling.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's I've never seen before. It was just so.
Speaker 3: Cool at the time, and what a way to build on Terminator, you know, because Terminator if you watch it after Terminator two, Like, personally, I don't think there's any comparison Terminator two just blows it out of the water. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Terminator one was great because it was more character driven.
Speaker 3: Well, it's more conceptual too, like the idea of this other world with you know, the.
Speaker 1: French and once you set that up, yeah.
Speaker 3: How do you how do you build on that? And Terminator too totally does it. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Well that's what Cameron did so well.
Speaker 4: He did the same thing with Alien and then when Aliens came out, he took the took the world where it's like, wow, alien horror movie, that's gonna be cool.
Speaker 1: How do you beat that?
Speaker 4: And he put his twist on it for Aliens and it's like, oh he beat that.
Speaker 1: It's it's awesome. Yeah. Terminator two, that's my pick, was a great All.
Speaker 2: Through the nineties, I was told I looked like a young Linda Hamilton and it was the greatest compliment, and I.
Speaker 1: Can see it.
Speaker 4: She was. Especially during the eighties and the nineties, nobody did badass woman like James Cameron. James Cameron's films again Aliens with Sigourney Weaver and some of the other women that were in it, and then Terminator two with Linda Hamilton and Terminator with Linda Hamilton.
Speaker 1: Just he made women just.
Speaker 4: Badass, which is all so very happy with. Now my next pick, I went back and forth several.
Speaker 1: Times on what I was going to was what I was going to pick.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I decided to go light hearted, more lighthearted film. Okay, and I really loved and had a ton of fun with and I think still holds up what it is, what what I am taking Dazed.
Speaker 1: And Confused interesting as my next film.
Speaker 3: Wow Will, I don't think I knew that you liked Dayston Confused.
Speaker 1: I love Dayson CONFU. Really, it's a great movie.
Speaker 4: I loved the vignette aspect of sure, I loved the natural dialogue to it. I thought it was genuinely funny.
Speaker 3: I don't think I knew this about you. I yeah, yeah, I don't think we've ever talked about that movie. Honestly, I've only seen it like once or twice. I'm I'm a huge link Later fan.
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 3: Weirdly, I don't really love Dayston Confuse. I've only seen it like once. And but yeah, that's so cool. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so a big, big link link Later fan as well. But I loved Daiston confused. I thought it was great. That's that slice of Americana you'd never I'd never seen before.
Speaker 1: I mean, Texas in the seventies. How would I ever know what that's like?
Speaker 4: So, uh, yeah, I'm pretty pretty psyched with uh with my fourth pick Ooh.
Speaker 1: Nice one, thank you. And we learned something new about Will today. Hey you go, this is a softer side of Seers. There always is. It's all I gotta say. There is right, or you're up next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna take this one off the table. I actually don't think either one of you were going to take it, but I got a little word with some of the things Will was saying, So I'm going to take this one off the table. I saw this in nineteen ninety six and I just remember being like, oh, movies, movies can still blow my mind with how innovative, like how innovatively they're shot, and spent the rest of the decade quoting it. I watched it again like five or six years ago, and I had thought of it as sort of a trendy nineties film, and then I rewatched it and realized it is still just a wonderful, amazing film. I'm going with Boogie Nights.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's just great, you know in retrospect, Like, here's the thing, Like the biggest leap that that movie makes is that it takes what is essential a joke, right, Like, what if we made a whole movie about porn stars and let's like kind of mock their life in some capacity, or not mock their life, but like show what it's really like, or you know, it's such a potentially exploitative plot, and instead you get this insanely sensitive, empathetic set of characters, all of whom you feel sorry for, you understand, you empathize, and you look and that radical empathy that pet Anderson, at the age of twenty six, was able to bring to his characters. And he did it with a short apparently first, Like you know, his career started by doing a short version of BOOKI Knights, and you can see in that short he was already doing it. He was already investing the characters with such value and taking them seriously. And that that, like, is that central leap holds up so well. I mean, you know, today we would call it a film about sex workers, right, and a film about sex workers and Hollywood In the intersection these two things. I think it is so brilliant on that level. But then also it's so funny and it's fun it's like entertaining the music. Good everybody. It's like, you know, and when you think about basically for the next up until now, we are still basically rehashing that cast in every movie because it's like when when when good directors can cast, well, they define the next like generation of actors, you know, and he did like Philip Seymour Hoffman, John c Riley, you know.
Speaker 4: Everybody, like we basically didn't know who these people were. And Reynolds coming back, Burt Reynolds coming back and killing it. And you know that was originally offered to Leo and yeah, between the two and he's the one who said, you know, I just did this movie with Mark Wahlberg. I think he's a great actor. I think you should look to him. But I mean, yeah, it's that's a great pick. It's an awesome movie. Awesome movie.
Speaker 1: All right, Boogie Knights. I have to write it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on, can we just do a round up of where we're all at?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do a round up?
Speaker 2: Sure, all right, I'll start with me because I went first, I have Jurassic Park, Titanic, Defending Your Life, Writer Has Goodfellas, Groundhog Day seven and Boogie Nights, Will Has Casino Fargo Terminator two and Dazed and Confused.
Speaker 1: These are these are these are great? These I'll be I'll be proud to once again come in third.
Speaker 2: It's all so subjective because they're all I mean, they're so good. It is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, my my, I get to go next. I have two back to back here, and I am going to take for my.
Speaker 1: First pick a movie that I didn't think would be on either of your lists.
Speaker 2: I believe it is one of the most impactful comedies ever made Jim Carrey into the comedy Spotlight unlike anyone ever.
Speaker 1: Before or after it was Was it on your list?
Speaker 2: I am taking a detective.
Speaker 4: Wow, guys, I'm not on board with this call. Oh I have you watched it recently?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not hold up.
Speaker 1: But he it propelled people quoted that movie. It is so for like years.
Speaker 4: Yes, but yeah, no, but watch it again. I'm so curious you guys, watch again. I tried to watch it potentially as a film that I could watch with the Indian. I was like, no, no, no, no, But it's also just not good.
Speaker 3: It's not good. I'm sorry, it is.
Speaker 1: It's based on the it's it's these are these are films. What what he.
Speaker 4: Did was he brought back the giant Jerry Lewis acting of the fifties.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is what it was.
Speaker 4: Was he was the He became the modern day huge ridiculous action where some of it now you look back at it is actually really cringey, right, or super offensive or super offensive, But it was that kind of big Jerry Lewis big act.
Speaker 1: Really do it like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not necessarily taking it for what the movie itself is as much as I'm taking it for what it represented the shift that happened after that for comedy and and the launch of a career like Jim Carrey. It kind of like it was another when I think of the nineties, like game changing watching a movie experience where you're like, oh my gosh, who is this person?
Speaker 4: And then everybody was doing every quote from that movie.
Speaker 3: See like if we're going to be quoting like and then I wonder about like Wayne's world, So I rearrid an axe murderer. Yeah, I mean in the same year what's the spy movie? Oh, my god, movie, what's this? I can't believe that. My brain is just completely blocking up.
Speaker 1: Uh, who's in it? What's it about?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's frozen and then he waits as power, Austin Powers. Thank you, it's not it's Austin Austin Powers. You know, like talk about like infecting the culture with quotes? Yeah, and another one.
Speaker 2: I mean in nineteen ninety four, Jim Carrey released Ace Ventura, The Mask and Dumb and Dumber.
Speaker 1: Only in one year. Yeah, crazy, that's crazy. Crazy. Anyway, I was on my list.
Speaker 4: It was low on my list, but it was I definitely like, I agree that Jim Carrey changed the game as far as like performance and comedy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's Ventura.
Speaker 1: I wasn't worried it was on your list. I was. I wasn't worried I.
Speaker 3: Was on your list. Terminator two, Fargo and what else?
Speaker 4: Casino Fargo, Terminator two and Dazed and Confused.
Speaker 2: All right, my next My next pick is is hard for me. I have three that I'm really torn between, and I only have one.
Speaker 1: I only have.
Speaker 2: Four more total, So I think I'm going to take here because I actually am worried writer might this one. I don't know where on it where it might be, but I'm going to take Scream. Ah.
Speaker 1: That was what was on my list too.
Speaker 2: It's another like genre defining movie. Probably qurrorback totally and made it like pointed out that there was a formula, it was meta. I just it's it's still watched, the franchise is still thriving. That opening scene with Drew Barrymore is just incredible. Oh, totally iconic. So I'm taking I'm taking Scream there.
Speaker 3: I mean the way that it's it's genuinely scary. Yes, there are moments of like and disturbing, like when at the end when they're like sitting there stabbing each other, I was like, oh my god. But then it also has this like playfulness and sort of youth youthful quality to it, that is, it's sexy in a way. It's like, it's such a great film. I yeah.
Speaker 2: It also inspired a very fabulous famous episode of Boy Meets World.
Speaker 4: It did which we just call the Scream episode episode I audition did you audition for Scream?
Speaker 1: I auditioned for what's his name?
Speaker 4: The main bad guys part.
Speaker 1: And I went in and I'll never forget.
Speaker 4: I thought I did very, very well, and the casting director called my agent and said, we love him so much. Unfortunately we're going to be looking for an older version of him, which is exactly what they said. I just wasn't old enough at the time, but I went and out. It was one of the few auditions I left going like, I.
Speaker 1: Think I did pretty well.
Speaker 2: Like that was I mean, okay, that's a perfect description of Skeet Ulrich.
Speaker 1: At that time, it was like we've won an older version of you. It's like, oh okay, wow, it was that was. That was a fun audition though.
Speaker 4: But that's a great pick because you're right, it's re launched an entire genre because then everything was that's when I was with dating love and then that she did I Know What You did last summer, and like everything else came out after that because it started the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's so solid. Pick solid, right, writer, E're up next?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I need a big one because I you know, Danielle has been eating up all the big blockbuster films between Jurassic Park and Titanic, those were definitely both on my list. I do want to think big and take something off the table. That just changed my life forever. And that's the Matrix.
Speaker 1: Great nice, great good voice.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, I've never seen it, but I know I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Now it's it that's up there.
Speaker 4: A terminator too for like a game changer when it comes to the visual effects, where it's like, oh my god, look at all the stuff they're doing, but.
Speaker 3: Also just script wise, I mean, like I remember that when you when you first heard about that movie and the trailers were just like what is the Matrix? And I remember going to the movie theater opening weekend and immediately being like, I need, I need to see that movie again. I need, you know. I feel like it was basically like what what Star Wars was for the previous generation, this movie was for me. And then my brain just kind of cracked open and I'll never forget it. And then I think, you know, now it's sort of par for the course that you have, like a virtual world, that you're living within a virtual world, or that you can sort of jump out of your body into another body, like all those things have become sort of basic, but this was the first one to do it. I still think it did it incredibly well. It's still like is just a perfectly plotted script. The performances are great, it's it's it's insanely well shot, and it holds up. So Matrix, I.
Speaker 1: Agree, that's a great that's a great call. It's a great call. So I have two, you have two back to back. This is tough.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna save my last one for last because neither of you are going to pick this movie.
Speaker 1: So then, yeah, ishtar No is from the eighties.
Speaker 4: It would have been my first tack all the way around.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have even looked bad. Biodome, damn it, you took it yours.
Speaker 4: You're not taking that, are you? No, it's actually Jerry Duty No. So I think for my next pick, I'm going to because I think this director needs to be on the list. But it's not the one that you think that.
Speaker 1: Most people would pick.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's still my favorite of his films, always will be my favorite of his films. I think his other films are okay, but this one was my favorite. So I'm taking Reservoir Dogs, which launched Tarantino. I think the it was the first time we'd heard dialogue like that. It was the first time we'd seen the kind of the Chiron's coming up, mister Black, mister White then showing their style. It was just a whole new style of filmmaking that came out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: And can you like it better than pulp fiction?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: I do? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I think Reservoir Dogs is better than pop I like pulp fiction, but I think there was pulp fiction was almost too cool for me a little bit, where I thought Reservoir Dogs was just what it was, this gritty, badass film that you'd never really seen the likes of before. And just the opening you open in a car with this guy covered in blood, screaming and shrieking.
Speaker 1: It was just grabbed you right from the beginning.
Speaker 3: Now it's it's it's so hard to like. I mean, Tarantino just casts such a long shadow, you know, it's like basically there's before him and after him in so many ways. Like I remember being in film classes in the early aughts and just like rolling my eyes because the amount of people that were basically studying film because of Tarantino. You know, but you can't devalue that though, right, you can't deny it. You know, it's a brilliant filmmaker. You know. My thing is always kind of like what stories do you want to tell? You know, Like lately I just don't. I just don't like, you know, but like for quality of film making, quality of writing, like he's one of the greats.
Speaker 2: Do you guys think Tarantino has ever seen an episode of Boy Meets World?
Speaker 1: You know what, I will bet I will bet you he will.
Speaker 4: He's so into TV and film, so into pop culture that I'll bet you at some point he did watch some TGIF or something.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, I mean, I've met him and he took He knew me from Cabin Fever because he's he's best friends with Eli Roth. They became friends because he came to a Cabin Fever screening. So Tarantino showed up at like one of our LA premiers or screening that we were doing, and then the two of them, like during the Q and A started like geeking out about Italian cinema in front of everybody, and it was like, oh God, these guys. And then the next day Eli was supposed to come over to a barbecue in my brother's house and he's like writer. Tarantino invited me to a screening at his house. I have to go. I was like, cool, I never saw Eli again.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, No, we had I met him.
Speaker 4: So he was on he we were doing boy and they did were doing All American Girl, the Margaret Choe Show right across from us, and Jason and I both heard that they were friends and that he was going to be guest starring on the show.
Speaker 1: So we went over. Jay came over.
Speaker 4: We both went off and bought Reservoir Dog scripts and we went over and snuck onto the stage and walked right up to him and talked to him ten minutes somewhere. Yeah, and he just signed it dick dick dick dick Dick dick dick, which is what he talks about in the beginning of Reservoir Dogs.
Speaker 1: They're talking about.
Speaker 3: Machine wrote on the script.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the madonna's like a virgin.
Speaker 4: He's like, she's this is a girl who just wants to get dick dick dick dick. So that's a two will dick dick dick dick dick dick dick. But yeah, it was the only time that I got to got to meet him, but it was that was cool.
Speaker 2: I met him when I was a teenager and he was at the bar at Islands and uh god.
Speaker 1: How good are the burgers at islands in the French Fries? So so good?
Speaker 4: Ugh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they cast a long shadow. It's hard to devalue them.
Speaker 1: It's hard to devalue them.
Speaker 3: The cultural influence of the islands pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's your next pick? My next pick?
Speaker 4: Okay, So my next pick is a personal pick. It's a completely impersonal pick. It is a film I watch every time it's on. I love everything about it. It is one of my favorite films of all time. I am taking from nineteen ninety four Quiz Show.
Speaker 1: Oh I knew it.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was on my short list, but I have a really strong feeling that you were going to pick it.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was on my shortlist too.
Speaker 2: But I also knew that one of you two was going to take it, and I was like, I'm just going to take that off.
Speaker 1: Now they're going to I'm gonna let them have it.
Speaker 4: I love it so much. It is one of my favorites. Produced by uh Jeff Mcca, mccracke, Jacobs. Yep, it is a wonderful show. It a wonderful movie. I I don't I can't say too much about how much I love quiz show.
Speaker 1: It is one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: So I'm putting that, taking that off the board and putting it firmly.
Speaker 1: On your list.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, based on a true story quiz show. Yeah, h writer, do you know where you're going next?
Speaker 3: Wow? This is getting tough now.
Speaker 1: Writer only, Writer has three picks left?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, yeah, three picks? All right? I know. I think I know what my last two are going to be because I'm not worried about you guys taking them, even though they're what I consider it.
Speaker 1: Like, Actually, wait a minute, you only have two picks? Oh no, you have three? What am I talking about? Never mind, forget pretend I don't exist.
Speaker 3: To go on, I don't think either one of you are going to take this, and I'm I'm and.
Speaker 1: You're not even sure you're gonna take it. It sounds well, it's been a while.
Speaker 3: Since I've seen it, Okay, so I'm curious, like like it's been maybe like fifteen years, so I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I haven't seen any of these movies I'm mentioning since the nineties, by the way, so don't.
Speaker 3: Worry about it.
Speaker 1: I kind of think I might know what Writer's.
Speaker 3: Thinking, really, we talked about it and wait, hang.
Speaker 1: On, hang on, I'm writing something down, okay, so he can lift it up and show us after week.
Speaker 3: We're never going to be able to read about it. And I was like, wow, that is actually a perfect movie. And we both sort of had that conversation, and so when we were doing this draft, I realized like, oh, I think I think I need to put it on there. I'm adding Shakespeare in Love.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Shakespeare Love wrote it down.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Look at that unbelievable. What did you think it was?
Speaker 4: I thought it was, well, I'm not going to say because somebody else wants to take it.
Speaker 1: That's a great movie, Shakespeare in Love. I told you.
Speaker 4: I walked out of the theater and it made me want to write. Yeah, that's how good it was. It just made me want to write.
Speaker 3: So it's so fun, it's so breezy and yet very smart. It's yeah, I just like I am. But like I said, I haven't seen it for a long time, but it affected me a lot, and like you said, inspired me to want to write I love. I mean clearly, like I like things about the entertainment industry, and I got boogie Nights and that on here, like I like stories where people are talking about the creation of story and so yeah Shakespeare.
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm up next, I've got I've got two and I'm going to take something that I'm going to take an action movie. I'm going to take what I think is a perfect action movie.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what are you taking? What are you taking? Danielle somewhat of a.
Speaker 2: True crime film before that became like a phenomenon, stars Harrison Ford.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the Fugitive. Yes, nice, God, I.
Speaker 2: Absolutely loved that movie, directly by Andrew Davis, starring Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. Doctor Richard Kimball, unjustly accused of murdering his wife, must find the real killer while being the target of a nationwide manhunt led by a seasoned US Marshall and another like cultural footprint movie. Yep, that just is so great and I found some interesting trivia. Harrison Ford damaged some of the ligaments in his leg during the filming of those scenes in the woods.
Speaker 3: He refused because he is the second Indiana Jones. He was like had has broke his back the entire time.
Speaker 2: Well, he refused to have surgery until the end of filming because he wanted his character to have the limp. So the limp that can be seen in any subsequent scene where Richard Kimball is running is his real limp from the ligaments.
Speaker 4: He broke his leg during Star Wars Too the New Star the door closed on him or something.
Speaker 1: He's just and then he yeah, it's this, he's accident prone.
Speaker 2: I want to say to him the same thing I when I started training for a marathon once, Uh, I got really bad chin's puns and I went to the doctor and he said to me, Danielle, I.
Speaker 1: Want you to understand something.
Speaker 2: Your mind likes running more than your body likes running, and I don't think you should do it anymore. And I want to tell Harrison Ford, you're a mind likes action movies.
Speaker 3: Kind of funny because isn't that part of his vibe? Like he always has this sort of slightly put upon quality like, yeah, I don't want to have to be here doing this, like and that's what's so great about Like Indiana Jones is the dude, he's just.
Speaker 2: Tired and he's lifting and he's looked in here.
Speaker 3: You need that, right because somebody's too like good looking and sparkly eyed and ready to go. You're like, all right, you don't do it? You know you need that level of like.
Speaker 1: World lead alone.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: Can we talk a little bit about Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive? How good Jones?
Speaker 2: Oh, He's incredible. I'm really excited about that pick for it.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's a great pick. And my next pick I'm taking. Uh. You know, I feel really good about this.
Speaker 2: I loved it when I saw it, still love it today. It is one of the very very few movies I would say if it is on and I am flipping channels, I will stop and just leave it on, as opposed to being like I don't watch movies and then change the channel.
Speaker 1: And that movie is Pretty Woman, Oh I?
Speaker 2: Directed by Gary Marshall, written by J. F. Lawton, starring Richard Gear and Julia Roberts. It's the little bit, you know, retelling of a Cinderella story. I love a good romance love story.
Speaker 1: I just prostitute movies too. I love prostitute. Why don't we see more?
Speaker 2: I mean, but there's there's also It's one of those movies where I think of it every time I'm in any sort of pitch meeting for something, and you talk about wish fulfillment and you think of like, you know, especially working in kids Tevie, and wish fulfillment's very big, like oh you get you what does a kid daydream about? And can you put it on screen for them? Her being handed the credit card and going shopping in Beverly Hills after she's been made to feel less then and she gets to go and have this day of just feeling like a princess. And by the way, it's a Disney movie.
Speaker 1: I just to me it is.
Speaker 2: It's I just love it. I would if it's on, I have to watch it. I'm taking Pretty Woman.
Speaker 4: So do you remember when so the woman who played her best friend was played by Laura san Giincomo. Yes, And do you remember we were sitting there backstage one day and we were about to go on and we were about to do our scream and another hand comes in and we look up and it's Laurasangiincomo. She had walked down to the wrong set. She was shooting something next door, walked down to the wrong set. She had walked over and like joined our scream for one scream and then.
Speaker 1: What fun is that? No, I did not remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had such a crush on her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who doesn't have a crush on her? Are kidding me? I still have a crush on her.
Speaker 1: She was she was in our scream.
Speaker 3: Wow, I actually don't remember that, even though I had such a mad crush on her.
Speaker 1: I know when what year was that? In the nineties on a show where we're in somewhere between ninety nine when we were shooting. My guess is it was.
Speaker 4: Later, even because I think you're working on one of those six she was like more did the morning like the yeah.
Speaker 1: She's almokay, all right, right, or you're up next.
Speaker 3: You've got so many of like the big nineties hits. You've got like you're like a blockbuster list. Yes, this is going to be tough to be You're also like, what what what people like on cable?
Speaker 4: Like what if it like comes on on HBO? Everybody's happy, everybody.
Speaker 2: You've just did a perfect summation of the only films I'll see, right.
Speaker 4: I was just saying something like, that's what I think a lot of our audience got it wrong twice.
Speaker 1: Now are going to why they're going to get it wrong again. Well we'll show we'll see.
Speaker 3: Oh you hear that, audience, I.
Speaker 1: Became.
Speaker 4: I came in third place both times, which just shows me that oursteners are amazing and loyal and completely wrong.
Speaker 3: No, I think that what's what's what's what's going to be interesting is like that our listeners obviously are boy meets World fans, right, and so that is a self selecting group. I do think that like Danielle's list, is gonna be way more up their alley. For instance, Cory and Topanga shipper is probably also a pretty woman fan.
Speaker 1: Like Titanic or Titanic or a Titanic.
Speaker 3: Fan I should have. I can't believe I let Titanic and Jurassic Park. I should have if I had.
Speaker 1: Got Jasic Park, all right, Danielle, would that have been your first pick writer, Jurassic Park?
Speaker 3: If I had at first pick, it would have been either Draft Park or Titanic. It would have been a tough call between those two.
Speaker 1: Because why didn't you pick Titanic second? When you took good Fellas, You're right, You're right, I didn't. You just took what I want.
Speaker 3: I got scared of you taking good Fellas.
Speaker 2: Fellas was was a high high up on my list as well, so I.
Speaker 3: Should have taken it on the way back from but then I got scared of Yeah whatever, Okay, this is the way draft works.
Speaker 1: Man regrets ticking for myself. Ok for me my next two picks.
Speaker 3: I'm just picking what I think are the greatest films from the nineties, which I'm less worried about. Uh, you guys taking uh. I think the best film made in the entire decade is a film called The Talented Mister Ripley. Oh great, Yeah, directed by a huge fan Magela. Uh. I highly recommend it.
Speaker 1: It's so beautiful, it is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It's a movie you want to curl up in and live in terms of setting, but then it's a movie that you are repulsed by the main character because he's so complicated and enigmatic. It is. I mean, Matt Damon is just an amazing actor, and this is probably his like great, great early performance. I mean, there's art Matt Damon.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Kate Blanchett is it's the best she's ever been. Gwyneth Paltrow, who is a actually think of a very underrated actor, is very good in this. And Shakespeare Off and this is second Philip seymore hoppin pick for me so performance, oh, and then Jude law I just think, you know, this was such a revelation. But the complexity of this movie, the amount of times I've seen it, and every time I see something new to it, I highly recommend watching it. And then if you like it, watch the commentary. Anthony Mingela unfortunately died tragically, like pretty young, you only got to make a few films. But his director's commentary, it's like probably the best film school you could have just watching talented mister Ripley. And they'll never make a movie like this again, with this kind of budget and this kind of ambition in terms of its scope. And yet it's a movie about a psychopath, you know, and so I don't think they you would never see this type of movie made nowadays. So it's the ultimate nineties film for me. I freaking love it.
Speaker 2: What this draft has revealed to me is that Gwyneth Paltrow is Writer's number one favorite actress.
Speaker 4: Yeah we said you got you also got the Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right. Three films so seven set experience. Yeah, yeah, basically I'm just in like a mirror. Max rut and she was.
Speaker 1: Like, by goop, yes, the goopiest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my nineties are totally like I mean, this says the thing. It's like, I'm going more in the indy. But I mean, I don't know Shakespeare. Love isn't that indie?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no no, And yeah it was great. Okay, Okay, Well.
Speaker 4: My next pick is completely and totally personal. I doubt you might not have even heard of this film. It is important, uh, in an entire genre, and it changed the ballgame for superhero movies and animation and god rest Kevin Conroy.
Speaker 1: But I am taking Batman Mask of the Phantasm, which.
Speaker 4: Is one of the best animated films seen in your it did.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you've been telling me to watch this. I haven't seen it, and you've been telling me this for years. But I assumed it was an early aughts film. I didn't realize it was that early.
Speaker 4: In the nineties.
Speaker 1: This is because it was this was before Batman Beyond.
Speaker 4: So this was Batman based on the Batman original animated series.
Speaker 1: It's noir, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: It is would you go so far as to say it's the best Batman iation?
Speaker 1: Oh, meaning animated? Probably. It's also up there.
Speaker 3: It's what about films, like is it the best Batman film?
Speaker 4: Like if it certainly would be in the conversation, Wow, it certainly would be in the conversation.
Speaker 1: But the ones I do, I do, like the.
Speaker 4: Christopher Nolan wants, especially the first one I thought I thought it was again.
Speaker 1: I am a big fan.
Speaker 4: Anytime the actor playing Batman realizes that Batman and Bruce Wayne are two completely different characters.
Speaker 1: M M. That doesn't always happen in the film.
Speaker 3: He's a split person, so he is, he's two.
Speaker 4: Characters and the mask that Batman wears is Bruce Wayne. So when so when you are you know when the character when an actor can portray that.
Speaker 1: But it's also ith. It just changed animation Batman.
Speaker 4: The animated series, they were printing on black paper instead of white paper, so.
Speaker 3: It was dark.
Speaker 4: They started to record it like a like a radio play from the thirties.
Speaker 1: Nothing was as Andrea Romano would say, puky.
Speaker 4: It was like if there was a she would always say, don't do a puki, which means like, if there is a you're doing an animated series and there is a newscaster, it's not this just in Tomara and you do it like a newscaster's.
Speaker 1: It was all real.
Speaker 4: She called it, don't do a puki, so it was Yeah, it changed the ballgame if you are animated, it did. It did for Western animation what Akira did for Eastern animation.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful movie. So that was That's my my seventh pick.
Speaker 4: With my last pick this one. It's very difficult because I'm between three films.
Speaker 1: Okay, and since it's my last.
Speaker 4: Pick, I'm going to tell you the three films because none of them can be stolen. I'm between.
Speaker 1: And it's funny.
Speaker 4: Two of them are DeNiro Ronan, which was a great action movie.
Speaker 3: Never seen it.
Speaker 1: Neither great action.
Speaker 4: Movie, phenomenal old school like to Live and Die in La Car Chase scenes just so well shot, so well acted, shawsh Ank Redemption.
Speaker 3: I haven't surprised neither of you got that.
Speaker 1: I found.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's not on my list at all, but I do love it. But it's not on my list.
Speaker 1: But I know I love that movie too, but it's also not on my list.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to do.
Speaker 4: But I think no, I think because I'm I'm I for me, which is amazing. I don't have a lot of comedies. What I think I am gonna end up picking is Wag the Dog.
Speaker 3: Great movie, such a great movie, which just recently rewatched it like a year ago, so good, ahead of its time, way ahead of its time, funny, scary in a way because it's like the stuff that could actually happen.
Speaker 4: So that's going to round out my list.
Speaker 1: I'm going to finish with Wag the Dog right now.
Speaker 3: I would assume that that movie was a little too like messy for you or you know, And actually that's the same thing I would have thought about dayson and confused. I thought that you, I guess my assumption was that you liked tighter, sort of like cleaner films in a way.
Speaker 1: Almost formulaic in a way.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but what I'm saying, I'm not saying that as a negative, just saying, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Thought that you liked a slightly more polished, like enclosed story, you know, like films that go in yeah, weird directions.
Speaker 1: And I don't disagree.
Speaker 4: And I think one of the reasons I've been reading a lot more about some of the roots of anxiety and what people that are very very anxious tend to do to calm down.
Speaker 1: And one of the things is they watch the same shows over and over again, like mash.
Speaker 4: They like movies where they kind of know where they're going to go. It's something it's very comforting to do that. So there are a few that to kind of take me out of that, and those.
Speaker 1: Are the Dating and Confused than Wag the Dog were a couple of those. So I wanted them to make the listen.
Speaker 3: So I had this weird night the other night Alex and I went. We were catching up with our old friends who are also actors filmmakers, and we were talking about how we remember films differently, like how we each remember films differently, and we kind of got into it and we were like, hey, let's play a game. I'm going to leave the room and Alex is going to pitch you shash Ank Redemption start to finish, and then I'm going to come in and I'm going to pitch you shash Ank Redemption start to finish. And then we did the exact same thing with training day, and we did and it ended up being such a fun evening. So they then took training Day. But it was so interesting to see how we came in with different versions of the movie, so like, for instance, Alex apparently I wasn't there, but Alex apparently pitched them the feeling of Shawshank, the look, the like qualities. I came in and went like, and you deframe didn't kill his wife, didn't you know? And I like told the story, I went plot points right. But anyway, it's just interesting, like how so many people can love movies but have different experiences of them. But is one of those, like it's just a perfect movie for pretty much everybody.
Speaker 4: It is, and none of us have picked it, none of us, and she probably should, but it was. It's like it's it was an afterthought for all of us, but that none of us easily could have been a number one pick.
Speaker 3: For me, it's just not personally one of my favorite. But if like, I also probably take it for granted.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to think.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's one of those like because also you've got like Forrest Gump, none of us we never like fiction.
Speaker 4: Gump was on my my short list, and then some animated movies Little Mermaid, Lion King, things like this, which helped you really the genre for or nobody picked any of that stuff too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think, I think we probably took some stuff for granted and want to get any personal taste in there a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, if I if I'm going to pick something, I have to pick the things that, like, I know, for me, I want to sit and watch through the weekend. And the reason I want to sit and watch some of these are not because they are the absolute best movies, but they're part of the way they make me feel or they're part of what I was going through when I watch them.
Speaker 1: And so it is.
Speaker 4: It's nobody picks Saving Private Ryan before Sunrise. I mean, there's some movies out there that were pretty phenomenally great.
Speaker 3: Before Sunrise was definitely on my personal list as far.
Speaker 1: As me too.
Speaker 4: Silence of the Lambs, I mean, there's been there's a ton of these movies that have that just yeah, incredible.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm done for your last pick. That's will's that's what when we're done here, I'll go through what everybody ordered, what everybody or everybody pick I had chicken katsu, all right, right, or what's your last pick?
Speaker 3: My last pick is entirely like a personal favorite, favorite favorite movie. It just blew my mind. I saw when I was a in the theater and just became obsessed and became obsessed with this director. They have since they have fallen off of my list of like top directors. But back in the nineties there was nobody more sort of like visually innovative and like changing the way I thought movies could be made. And this one was his only studio film with the script that he did not write, and I think that was a good thing. And it has some of the best performances ever. It's complicated, but it's it's it's such a good film. The Fisher King Oh, one of my favorites of all time. I you know, there's some issues with this film when it comes like to questions of mental health, and there's there's some ways in which it's like, you guys know the Manic Pixie dream girl thing. Yes, this is sort of like Manic Pixie homeless friend. But it's still so good. It's still beautiful. Jeff Bridges, Robin Williams and then Mercedes Rule gives like one of the greatest performances of all time. The scenes with her and Jeff Bridges are so good. Obviously Robin Williams is Robin Williams brilliant, but also this is a dramatic role for him and then just visually innovative, and I just think it's one of the greatest redemption stories of all time, you know, or coming of age stories. Even though he's a h Jeff Bridges is a fully grown man. It's so beautiful, uh and so highly highly recommend if nobody seen The Fisher King and you want to have like a a real night like it's a great one.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, right, good pick?
Speaker 3: Oh director by Terry gilliam. I forgot to mention that from Monty Python Days and you know, ye, but this was like him.
Speaker 4: Twelve Monkeys. Yeah, he was just so innovative.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's he apparently he's kind of a nightmare as far as you know, uh, you know, his ambition and perfectionism, but it also works sometimes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, my last pick, this is tough for me. I'll tell you the ones that I'm ones that are in close, uh in close runner up territory for me for this last pick, The Hudsucker Proxys.
Speaker 1: I just love.
Speaker 2: That movie and that that's a big one for me.
Speaker 1: Conn Air boy, did I love conn Air.
Speaker 4: Con Air Drop, The Bunny Cable Guy.
Speaker 3: Wow is a great film.
Speaker 1: It's a really good film.
Speaker 3: Is dark, always has this pitch of darkness to his films that I really appreciate. Yeah, Carrie, I Carry You are a liar, liar.
Speaker 4: I was. No one of us, none of us have talked about at all, has never even entered the conversation.
Speaker 1: The Big Lebowski. I've never seen that. Good.
Speaker 3: Oh you've never seen it? So good? God, it's a It's a great one.
Speaker 2: Legends of the Fall because put there I wanted shirt Brad Pitt with no shirt.
Speaker 1: Christian Kindergarten Kindergarten, was it really?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is on my list.
Speaker 3: I rewatched it not that long ago.
Speaker 1: That great. Yes, it does.
Speaker 4: It's great, Dug.
Speaker 1: The one that won for my final pick is Clueless. I was gonna say Clueless, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I was like that was when Will was like the one that we haven't mentioned. I was like, I can't believe nobody's picked Clueless.
Speaker 1: Clueless.
Speaker 3: Great movie, yes, great, perfect, perfect movie. Do you know I hated that movie when I first saw it. Yeah, I didn't get it, did not understand irony, Like I was like, right, what did you think that this girl's cool? Why we used to think that being richest, you know, And of course it's complete just satire. It's just dripping with satire. And I missed it.
Speaker 1: Right, you didn't see it. You were taking it too serio to earnest.
Speaker 4: Series story were for listening to Counting Crows, going like, I thought.
Speaker 1: The Love Story was a little creepy, but yeah it was she literally your stepbrother or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but written and directed by Amy Heckerling, just an absolutely fantastic movie.
Speaker 1: That is my final pick.
Speaker 4: So I think Danielle might win, and I'm going to come in third again.
Speaker 3: I think daniel is gonna win because, yeah, she picked so many popular films. Yeah that people, I just know that a lot of.
Speaker 4: Peopu Titanic and Clueless right there alone.
Speaker 1: Like, alright, let's round it up real quick.
Speaker 2: I have Jurassic Park, I have Titanic, I have Defending Your Life, Ace Venture, A Pet Detective, Scream, Clueless, Pretty Woman and the Fugitive. Yeah, great writer has Good Fellas, Groundhog Day, Seven Boogie Nights, The Matrix, Shakespeare in Love, The Talented Mister Ripley, and The Fisher King Will Has Casino, Fargo, Terminator Two, Dazed and Confused, Reservoir Dogs, Quiz Show, Batman, Mask of the Phantasm, and Wag the Dog.
Speaker 3: I love this decade. Like everyone in every one you mentioned, I'm like, yes, yes, yes, there three good So hold on, no one picked Toy Story Story two Hates Hates the other ones that we're on. My Misery is a fantastic, crazy, great, perfectly tight film. Yeah, if we were going to go comedy one that was like it was either Groundhog Day was right up there with Galaxy Quest for me.
Speaker 4: Option.
Speaker 3: Galaxy Quest is a perfect your.
Speaker 2: So oh my gosh election, I know, wow.
Speaker 4: A lot of the lot of the animation.
Speaker 1: It's too hard.
Speaker 2: But dear listeners, please go to Instagram vote on who you think won the nineties. I came in third, and then also explain why you're wrong about Will coming in third third place.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for.
Speaker 2: Listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails and tell us what would be your what would be your top.
Speaker 1: Ten nineties movies?
Speaker 2: You can send that to Pod Meets worlds Show at gmail dot com and we have merch.
Speaker 1: You gotta pick up some merch, Margie.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 1: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 4: Pod Meets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksh producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com