Speaker 1: Well I was there.
Speaker 2: He is one minute late.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to say something.
Speaker 2: I knew you're going that's how you're doing it now.
Speaker 1: One minute late, tries. I've never been anything but five minutes early. I knew you were going to say something.
Speaker 2: Shit, one minute late, and you got a hat on and everything. Look at you. You got a little scully on.
Speaker 1: Don't you find this? Weather in La is like if you stand in one spot, it's hot, and if you stand in another spot it's cold.
Speaker 2: Isn't that called global warming?
Speaker 1: No, it's probably called fall in La because in the sun you could wear a bathing suit and then in the shadows I need my hat.
Speaker 2: Isn't that called global warming?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: It's voting day. This is fucking election day, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's it's a cow. Yeah. First of all, you voted already, obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course I went and dropped it off in the ballot box in West Hollywood. Hell I did.
Speaker 4: I did so myself, not in West Hollywood, but uh in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited about the turnout so far, Yes I am. I you know, you guys aren't gonna hear this until what what what it is?
Speaker 1: Election Day? It'll be Tuesday, Election Tuesday. We need to be encouraging people who haven't done it to do it. That's why we're here, not only Scrubs podcast. We're gonna tell you to vote.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's not why we're here.
Speaker 4: But not only, but not only that Tonight for all of you who've gone out and voted already, you get to watch television and watch the election. And this probably is gonna be like they're taking bets on this election. This is the most anyone has ever put money down on.
Speaker 1: We need to warn people as a public service announcement, right, Daniel and Joel, that we may not know these results on Tuesday. Trump is very very very very committed to saying we need to know the results that night. That's bullshit. Because of the incredible surge of mail in voting. Some some states aren't even allowed to start counting until the day of. So everyone needs to be prepared and prepare their friends that this might not be the typical situation where we know the result that night tonight. Sorry, I have to speak like work like it's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Probably closer to two thousand when we had the whole like hanging Chad Florida votes kind of thing happening. It'll be a similar situation of that, where probably a week or so after we'll have a final.
Speaker 4: Florida Florida once again. Florida once again is the biggest. Whoever wins. Florida is probably going to win this election once again, and Ohio to probably, but Pennsylvania once.
Speaker 1: Again is really the one. Pennsylvania at the end. I'm the surprise of you because there is a little Texas talk about Texas Flipper, which would be.
Speaker 2: Texas all of a sudden too. That would be amazing, right.
Speaker 1: That feels like a long shot, but there is talk of Texas Flipper.
Speaker 4: More people voted this year in Texas already than they voted in two thousand and four years ago, in two thousand and.
Speaker 5: Six, teazing already.
Speaker 1: Here's your public service announcement from your good friends at Fake Doctor's real friends. If you're listening to this and you haven't voted yet, we're begging you. We're down on our knees. Please go vote, yes, participate, Please.
Speaker 4: I just want you to listen. I just want you to speak your mind. You know I'm not the one that's gonna sit here and tell you who to vote for. Just go out there, speak your mind, make your voice heard.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, please, please, please vote. I am on my knees. What's that song? I'll get down on my knees, kissed the ground that you walk on.
Speaker 6: Baby, I just know I'm please begging you, please, baby, come back above. Let you go and if feeling a low, if you're innity won't hurt anymore.
Speaker 2: Don't want to believe our love? Whatever the fuck you.
Speaker 7: Said, I'm down on my knees. I'm begging you please come home. Can we go back to the days of us has gone?
Speaker 2: You see how I'm modulated? Can you tell you don't know who the fuck?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What I don't know? I'm sorry, don't judge me. What is Brian McKnight?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, the fact that you know who Brian McKnight is already, Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: But no wrong black person, wrong black.
Speaker 1: R and B soul singer. I don't know who it is. It's boys to men, all right, Calm down, dude, I'm sorry. I don't know boys to men. I only know it's the end of the wrong.
Speaker 2: That's what I was just singing.
Speaker 1: You more oh, I only know the fucking chorus dick fuck.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, cock soak cock soak. That's not a diss, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I like making up new dishes for you anyway. So please vote. We're begging you, We're begging you, We're begging you.
Speaker 4: Somebody just heard my phone ring and my phone was so loud in my headphones.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you heard.
Speaker 4: Dune, don't, don't do, don't do, don't don't.
Speaker 1: We don't And then also please uh. The other public service announcement is prepare your friends and community that tonight might not be the ninth that you know. And don't let don't let anyone tell you differently because of the obscene amount of ballots they're gonna have to count.
Speaker 4: Well, not just not just that. Also, if it doesn't go your way, please don't fucking go crazy. And yeah, please don't loot, please don't please, please don't start a civil war.
Speaker 2: Please please please, let's let's not have a civil war America. Yeah, please don't make that be. Please don't make that be. What happens.
Speaker 1: I have a friend who left the country. He's like, fuck this, I'll see what happens. Then then that's one way to go. Hey, let's talk about Baby Yoda, because that was supposed to be your surprise now as you were, some of you will RecA. I told Donald that I arranged for him to get a very special present. The plan was for him to open it live on the air. He doesn't open it live on the air. He opens it, he posts about it, doesn't even text me. He doesn't even say, like, dude, thanks for hooking it up.
Speaker 4: It didn't say it was from you. It said Side Show Collectibles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Side Show Collectibles hooked it up because of me.
Speaker 4: It didn't say yo, because of Zach, You're getting this Baby Yoda, Donald Faison, I thought Side Show was just looking out because they know I love Star Wars. No, Zach, I'm gonna take this moment on fake Doctor's real friends to go ahead, shout out a best friend of mine. God, he always, he always, he always looks out for brother, gets me toys, Ye buys me toys. We collaborate together.
Speaker 1: Loves you and loves me, sends you funny gifts.
Speaker 4: Sends me funny gifts as well. And Seth Green, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Why Seth Green?
Speaker 2: Because he does that is oh wait, wait, wait, wait wait, my bad, my bad, bad, Well that was.
Speaker 1: Not that funny. A and B. I'm sliding this tier over.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, let me keep it one hundred zack. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. It's actually something that is sitting in my in my uh room, where I watched The Mandalorian four times, already.
Speaker 1: Watched it four times. It came out today.
Speaker 4: It came out today, well it came out when it came out.
Speaker 2: This is supposed to be election day, but we.
Speaker 1: Record this on Friday, and we came out on.
Speaker 2: Friday anyway, And I, uh.
Speaker 1: Did you I haven't seen it, so no spoilers, but did you like it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's so fucking know. Oh, excuse my language, George Lucas and.
Speaker 2: Uh J from here on out.
Speaker 4: From here on out, when I talk about Star Wars, I'm trying my hardest not to curse.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna respect.
Speaker 4: I'm going to respect Star Wars so much that I'm gonna curb my.
Speaker 2: Language when talking about Star Wars.
Speaker 4: But it's so amazing, dude, it is so it was Listen, I I enjoyed it so much, and a friend of mine's in it, and it was just It was just something that I, you know, somebody who I played basketball against and somebody who I played, you know, on the same team, and also you know celebrity all Star games and stuff like that is on the Mandalorian Uh in this episode and has some iconic stuff going on with him and I just it was just really awesome to see.
Speaker 9: I watched it twice. I loved it about It was really good. So much more improved is here is a lot on season one. I think they learned a lot from how they shot it. I feel like there's a lot more depth. I thought the Western aspects of its sword and there's like, ah, the way that they bring up small things in the background of the movies and the center of the show is just like it just fills your Star Wars heart with love.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 5: Analy you see it yet, No, I have not watched it yet.
Speaker 1: I think I have to wait for my girlfriend. She's she's out of town but back tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have to wait she's because you know, I don't know how it is with you and your life.
Speaker 2: I didn't wait for my wife.
Speaker 1: There are shows that we get in we have to wait or we have you know she you know, we share it. She loves it too, so we watch it together.
Speaker 2: Have you started watching a bachelor yet?
Speaker 1: You know what I have to do? I give this. I didn't watch that ship.
Speaker 2: You don't watch the Bachelor, Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean I I, well, this is the one. It's the Bachelorette right now, right, Yeah, I didn't. I watched like the first episode. I was like, this is so stupid. Why am I watching this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, you know what, sure that candy? You watch it with your wife's and you watch it because that's something you watch with your wife.
Speaker 2: Daniel. It's so tasty.
Speaker 1: It's so tasty.
Speaker 2: It's so tasty.
Speaker 1: You're just kids.
Speaker 4: It's like you're it's like you're going to see a Marvel movie and you've got all of the freaking candy in your lap.
Speaker 1: It's the Marvel movie for drama.
Speaker 2: Oh my god'.
Speaker 1: Just like I don't like it. I don't like the ones where it's men competing.
Speaker 2: It's best to see how petty men can.
Speaker 1: Be from way more entertaining.
Speaker 4: No, my brother, no, my bro, that's like that's like freaking stereotypical.
Speaker 2: You you you you, that's.
Speaker 1: What's rather watch a bunch of women. Are you going to watch a bunch of men? Are you?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, no, it's way funnier to watch men try to stay in between the lines of not getting punched in the face and still trying to insult somebody.
Speaker 1: I saw the funnies. I seemed in love with the black guy, who's the first guy she met. It was like, oh, it seems like it's over. She was, just like, it is.
Speaker 2: It is over.
Speaker 4: A new bachelorette beyond, a new bacheloretto beyond, and the two of them run off together.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the in the middle of the show, episode third episode.
Speaker 4: In the third episode, Disney ABC, You're welcome for this, for this, for this. Yah, yeah, you're shameless, shameless, and.
Speaker 1: Some people might be upset by spoolers, but I don't give a fuck you're telling me, she prey. Like three episodes in, and they have been changed.
Speaker 4: The person out it is, they changed the bachelor running out and and and and some of the dudes like and you see, like, especially after like all of the me too stuff has happened, and you start to realize, you start to recognize as a man some of the things that aren't acceptable anymore and how men talk to women and how all of that happens and stuff like that. You really see some well, at least one dude just go into like a tirade where it's like, dude, your power move.
Speaker 2: You're trying to pull a power.
Speaker 4: Move on this on this young lady and that is totally whack. And then then she flips it and she's pulling power moves on these dudes just for this one dude, just for this one guy.
Speaker 2: Man, it's like, it's it's it's it's I.
Speaker 1: I I when it came on The Bachelor at dude fucking Marvel movie when it came on.
Speaker 4: When it came on, I told my wife I'll be in the other room, please don't bother me. I went to the fridge to get like some like some uh uh GT's kombucha. Yeah, and uh as I'm grabbing the kimbucha. Within seconds, I was already making my way towards the couch, asking wait, what.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it's the only thing that you and your wife watched together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because she's into all of that freaking you know, forty eight hours and you know, I murder it.
Speaker 1: What about sports? So she watched the sports with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's you know, she's the one that got me into football. I wasn't really into football unless the Giants were involved, you know, when I was a kid. And I became a grown man and met my wife at you know, thirty something years old in my early thirties, and she took me to my first football game ever. And she took me to see a New York team play her hometown team. And it was like and we sat in the box of the quarterbacks and shit like that. It was like, yeah, well, you know, her best friend was dating the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And the Dallas Cowboys at the time. Yeah, or they were about or they were about to date.
Speaker 4: But anyway, it was one of the and it was Thanksgiving and it was like my first time not really flying home, and you know, I didn't. I was divorced from my ex wife, God rest her soul, and I saw I'm not going over to their house and spending Thanksgiving with my kids. And she took me to the Dallas for my first time really in Dallas to a football game. And this was very early in our relationship, and I got to hang out with, you know, the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and other players. It was really cool and she got me into football, and now I know more about football than she does.
Speaker 1: All right, we get in the show. Donald, why don't you count us into some fun, fun, fun programming with our favorite numbers five.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of docs and nurses.
Speaker 7: Said, He's a story nephew.
Speaker 10: So yeah, yeah, welcome.
Speaker 1: To the program, everybody. We are so appreciative that you listen to this. H We are so appreciative of you liking just sitting around chatting with us all. We love doing it for you. And Donald is going to summarize the show as he often does. Often takes them roughly thirty seven seconds. We never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this one, with this one, I had to I watched the show earlier and then I went out and did my daily stuff and came back. And now that I look at my notes, I like what I wrote, but I feel like I missed a couple of things. So there might be a little bit of ad libbing in this to all.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is exciting for fans. Donald may Riff, he may what do you call when a rapper, just this is a freestyle.
Speaker 4: Well this is well yeah, because it's not off the top, so there is a bit of freestyle in it.
Speaker 1: Like in my freestyle, as you are spinning some bars, you may freestyle.
Speaker 2: That's my dude, right there?
Speaker 1: Can I ask us? I had no questions when guys are like Eminem, like spitting freestyle bars, don't you think they have it all that shit memorized? They're not really fucking no.
Speaker 4: But that's the difference between freestyle and off the top of a head. So off the top of the head is when it's completely you're making it up right there at that moment.
Speaker 2: Freestyle is when you're giving people.
Speaker 4: Bars that you've written and put together already h for free, you know what I mean, and people get to listen to your stuff.
Speaker 1: But that video when Eminem was like in the garage and.
Speaker 4: He was like, no, that was off. That was off the top of the head. Problem believe that he's you're talking about? When he's which one are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I don't watch a lot of this, but I remember, like a few years ago, one or two years ago, Eminem was like in a parking garage and all his boys were sitting on a car, right, that did a big spoof of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a big That was a Beet Awards. I believe that was off the top of the head. I feel like when rappers do freestyle, the verse is a little bit more Daniel. You could correct me if you believe I'm wrong, but I feel like the verse is a little bit more pol when it's freestyle. Like so if somebody goes on the radio and they're like, spit a couple of bars and they're like, all right, this is freestyle. It's just like a bunch of songs that they put together or a bunch of lines that they put together just for and it's not necessarily in an order. But when it's but when it's off the top of the head, they're just coming in and saying, all right, I'm not gonna say anything that I've written before. This is all about right now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I wanted to offer a slightly different perspective on the same idea as a DJ. I would very rarely plan DJ sets like I would rarely plan this song goes into this song, goes into this song, goes into this song, because I've been DJing for a very long time, and with that in my head already, I have hundreds and hundreds of one two three song combinations that I know we're gonna work well together. So it's a freestyle freestyle, right exactly. So over that set, I may be putting together a couple of different pieces that I already know work together in a set that I'm not necessarily planning. So maybe the order of the songs I've played I've never ever played before, but it doesn't mean that a couple of those transitions I don't know very very well. And I think it's the same thing with freestyle rap. These guys have, you know, worked with these themes and motifs and all of this stuff so much that a lot of those rhymes, a lot of those you know, lyrical plays are pieces that they've done over and over and over, maybe not in that order, maybe not on that topic, but it's a subject, it's a method that they're very familiar with, so it's kind of, you know, I don't want to say easier, but it's like it's it's part of the practice, right.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm just cynical when people are like supposedly coming up with it, not like freestyle, just like totally totally, totally fresh, and I'm like, come on, buddy, you've.
Speaker 4: Well, there are some people that do have that talent, though, there are some people that you know, to go into a recording booth and do your verse and do it in.
Speaker 2: One take is a talent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That means you've not only worked on it, but you're so connected to the beat that you're able to ride the rhythm.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, that's different a guy goes in, doesn't he usually write it out when he goes into the coin booth.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes he writes it at that moment and then goes in or as jay Z. Jay Z is one of the masters of freestyle. O Lil Wayne, he was one of the masters of freestyle. But if you don't write your rhymes and you just try to think of it in your you know, you think about Biggie the Notorious b ig is the king of this where he would sit in the studio and just listen to the beat, and as he listened, he'd sit there and rehearse it in his head right, and then as it went on, as it got to the point where you know, you know, like you know, I don't know how long it would take. He'd be like, all right, I'm ready. And if he'd go into the booth and drop what he was rehearsing to do that, that's freestyle to me, you know what I mean, Like it's like in my mind, all right, I'm gonna say this, this, this and this and and at this part, I'm gonna try and freak it like this okay, And then I said right right right, and then always go back and when you listen to it, the ah and the you know what I mean, him catching the beat, all of that shit is so raw because it's it's not written, it's it's him feeling it and being in it. That's a bit of freestyle right there, you know what I mean. That's a that's a and that's what makes the great ones. Jay Z is another one that does that. I heard Lil Wayne somebody that does that. I heard He just would just go on for days, sit in front of a little microphone and a keyboard and just rap and rap and rap and rap and rap and rap and rap and rap and rap and rap and rap.
Speaker 1: That's how it was when I did my passover rap that I sang for you guys a while back.
Speaker 2: And did you sing your passover rap or was that.
Speaker 1: On something else? Didn't I do my passover rap for you guys?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't think I've ever heard your passover wrap.
Speaker 5: Yeah you said, yeah, you did your passover wrap?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Donald, Yeah, when you were talking, you were talking, it was sane. Halen Zach took a trip to Boston.
Speaker 5: Uh something about like something like the reasons?
Speaker 10: I know?
Speaker 1: Just remember your comb? Yeah, now I was fired, Donald, Thanks for remembering.
Speaker 2: I remember, dog? What can we hear it again?
Speaker 1: Yeah? One day, four people took a trip to Boston, Elayine, halen Zach, and an Auti five thousand. The reason for the trip was passover time. If we snood some bread and it would be a crime. Just remember, on this five hour trip McDonald's then Burger King, we would skip. The reason for this deed was pass over time. If we snooked some bread and it will be a crime. Why don't we go so far when we could pray at home? The reason was unknown? Just remember your comb.
Speaker 2: That slick ma. You know you know what I love about that? I love about what.
Speaker 4: I love that as a youth, you understood that your parents were just taking you on this long ass journey so that you would not think about food. But on this journey you guys passed McDonald's and Burger King and all of these.
Speaker 1: This was at the time of like the Beastie Boys, like fight for Your Right to Party era, right, So that was my introduction as a Jewish kid in North Jersey. I didn't know anything about any other rap really, other than the Beastie Boys singing you Gotta fight, Oh you're right.
Speaker 2: That's the only Beastie Boys you knew as.
Speaker 1: No I knew the whole album. I'm just saying that I I you can go ahead and make your jokes that that was my introduction to rap. But that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you one question, but one that record. What was your favorite song?
Speaker 1: I would have to look at the track list. I don't have a memorized the one with the plane right, and the one with the plane on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, did you like Paul Revere at all?
Speaker 1: Yes, I even got some of that memorized.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the best.
Speaker 1: I didn't like this. I didn't like that I did it with it with a ball back. So the run the cops got my gun and run about. Now I'm trying to have some fun. They can't got rock that is my name? And I got the flats, fared about the champagne.
Speaker 2: Okay, zb got old school, y'all?
Speaker 1: All right, come on, let's talk about this fucking TV show, Scrubs. That's why people are here. Oh wait, all right, so do your recap? Ready?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: And start.
Speaker 2: Calor and Elliott are best friends thanks to Eric a strata.
Speaker 4: Doctor Kelso orders the hospital stethoscopes, but pays the price for trying to cut the corners JD's dating Jordan's sister, and Cox hates this so much that he tries to sabotage it. No relationship is perfect. You have to nurture all relationships, all of them, whether they be at work or with a person, and oftentimes just showing up isn't enough. Effort is required, and sometimes it's hard to muster up the energy to do so because life is exhausting. But if you have love, you fight for it. If you love what you do, you follow through. Your effort and attention to others' needs could be what's required to save a relationship.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen, Relationships are hard. Don you got to work at it.
Speaker 2: You gotta work.
Speaker 4: But it's not just But it's not you know, I you know, that's that's that's the theme of this show. But it's not just you know, with another person. Your relationship with your job is just as important your relationship with you know, how you are with the outside world. If that I don't I don't know. I don't know how you would describe that relationship. But who you are when you step in front of the world is just as important as you know, how you manifest and nurture your personal relationship.
Speaker 1: Question is in all your relationships do you want to put in the work or do you want to run.
Speaker 2: Or right right? Or do you want to or do you want to just see what happens?
Speaker 4: And and you know, Cox and jd are a perfect example of two dudes. I just wanted to get the fuck out of the hospital and you know, because of this annoying patient and realize at dinner that they're being a little too insensitive and that holy cow, maybe we you know, we're not seeing the signs because we're not paying attention to our job. We're not doing the best that we're not being the best that we can be, and we're not listening to what this young lady is saying to us.
Speaker 2: And and so.
Speaker 4: At the end when they rushed back to the hospital when they realize what the problem is, you know that that really that was a big moment for me because this episode isn't necessarily my favorite episode.
Speaker 2: It's not necessarily the fast.
Speaker 1: Did you find it odd though? I mean, it didn't cross their minds that she I mean, she fucking ate pesticide, Like they didn't cross their mind that, like she might be suicidal. I thought that was a little weird.
Speaker 2: That was very well, you know, we were like.
Speaker 1: We've done all these tests and we even sent some people to your house, and we just can't figure out why there might be pesticide in your system. I don't know. I just thought was a little weird. It's you know, hey, but what do I know. I'm not a genius. Bill Lawrence, who showed Ted Lasso just got picked up for two more seasons.
Speaker 2: That's amazing congratulation.
Speaker 1: You know how big that show is internationally and domestically. That I mean, they picked it up for they haven't even started season two, and they picked up two and three. That's so crazy because speaking.
Speaker 10: Of interrupting.
Speaker 11: A compliment, interrupting Bill, Oh, he's into all right, I'm trying to.
Speaker 10: This.
Speaker 11: I've missed you guys. You're doing a great job on my podcast.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 11: So here is the question for today, and don't cheat my fifteen seconds. Every time you guys entered Jill Tracy's room. Doctors only spend fifteen seconds with a patient average, and a clock comes up. One question one. Do you think that's a real thing or that we made it up for the show?
Speaker 1: I think it must be a real thing. It's too weird to not to me, it's too random and weird to have been made up. It does feel short as someone who's unfortunately spent a bunch of time in hospitals in the last few years. But I feel like he wouldn't pull that out of his butt.
Speaker 2: I think they made it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's find out wrong or right.
Speaker 11: It's not really a real thing, and we did make it up for the show, because I find that if you put a small dramatic thing like that in there that people believe it actually kind of helps your storytelling. But the even more crafty cheating aspect to this. Every time you went in there and the fifteen second clock showed up, do you think it was actually fifteen seconds?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. I know that. I know that from scrubs Wiki. I'm sorry that's a bit of a cheat, but they scrubs Wiki, of course points out how those segments are by no means fifteen seconds. Let's find out correct it was not.
Speaker 11: I think one of them might even be twenty seven or thirty seconds. But we just slowed down the countdown so we could do whatever we want. And that's how you cheat in television.
Speaker 1: There you go, Thank you, interrupting Bill for that.
Speaker 2: I like that. That was a very fun interrupting Bill for me.
Speaker 1: It was you know why. You know, I thought, because he's the top show runner in town this week, that he might come on extra cocky. But no, he held it together, He held his ego and check.
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to dinner.
Speaker 1: I'm going to dinner with him and Christa tonight. So if there's anything you want me to do them, you.
Speaker 4: Know, tell them I'm getting in shape. I got a job that's gonna, you know, make me get in shape for a little while.
Speaker 1: What Are you hiding from the audience? What job is this? Do you not want to talk about it?
Speaker 2: No, we could talk about it. You know this might get cut, but.
Speaker 1: Oh you can be we can beep it or something.
Speaker 2: I signed on to do, like, oh.
Speaker 1: Oh Joelle's gonna lose your mind? What cool booking? Congrats?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so we'll see what happens with that. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it, but you goutys.
Speaker 1: We could beep it. We can beat the title. But so is that pushing your training into full gear? Are we pelotoning the ship out of us ourselves? Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's some nudeness perhaps, Oh are we going to see your eel? You're not going to see my eel. No, there's there's no way that Casey will allow that. Casey's like, I don't want anybody seeing your butt or your eel. I don't want to see booty or frontal just casey. Casey is like, you can show chest, you can show you can show belly button, what you can.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to do it can show crease, you can to do a sexy.
Speaker 4: Well apparently apparently I have to simulate sex on the in the in the in the show.
Speaker 1: So how can Casey, How can Casey limit your ability as a handsome male actor to do a sex scene.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it because the showrunner made the mistake of saying, you don't have to do the nudity part isn't necessarily important.
Speaker 1: I think we should see you. You have a nice bubble, and I think the earth needs to see it. Bounce the earth, Yeah, bounce the whole earth. Well, anyone who watches the show should see that. Shouldn't bounce, right, Joel.
Speaker 10: Yes, if you're comfortable with that.
Speaker 6: Higher know.
Speaker 4: Casey's not comfortable with the Casey's like, ain't nobody seeing your ass bounce?
Speaker 1: I wish she would. She's got to loosen up about that.
Speaker 2: She probably will loosen up about it by the time we get to it. As of right now. As of right now, she's like, do you really want people to see how you fuck? Is that what you really do?
Speaker 1: You want to show how good you are? Well, you're ill be getting its own credit? Or are you share a credit? All right, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: We share a title sequences, sharing card. It's just shared card.
Speaker 1: Speaking of names for cos. That's how the show opens up. J D's name is his Penis's name is little Buddy. He doesn't like that. He wishes it was named big al And. And this moment when I'm dancing naked in front of Tara Reid is what I told you in the last episode, when my sock fell off and she was able to see my giblets in their entirety.
Speaker 2: That's and I remember thinking.
Speaker 1: Like I remember thinking, no, this might might have been nice for her, but I remember thinking like, oh no, Tara, it's there's a lot of air conditioning, and I have more to offer the world than what you're seeing. For sock's sake, just stop talking about will Is Sorry, Jeb, sorry, Dev Just one more second.
Speaker 2: Deb we're getting into what we talk But do you have a name for your stuff my junk?
Speaker 1: No, I don't, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: Do you Well, you've named my junk eel eel, black whale.
Speaker 1: I never called it plucked whale. How have you when you you had to do this too for for Scrubs when that episode where you're walking in through the parking lot, so you just take a tube sock and you just kind of tuck everything in, and that's what that's what fell off when I started doing that wacky dance.
Speaker 4: You didn't put like you didn't try to put like a rubber band at the base.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't want to cut off circulation and lose a nut.
Speaker 2: You're not going to cut off circulation, dude.
Speaker 1: The what if they were like, the scene is that's a cut on the scene, Zach, your scrotum is blue.
Speaker 2: They make these things.
Speaker 1: And oh well, oh oh, I didn't. I did not. I didn't have anything professional like that.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: You were very very very uh secure in the fact that a sock would be able to keep little buddy covered.
Speaker 1: Well, I learned the hard way. No pun intended donald that that it did not work. So Tara Reid, you're welcome. You're welcome. So color me mine. Uh. The very very adorable African American man next to me is Pooky, who was one of our main lighting electricians on the show for almost the whole run of the show.
Speaker 2: He was Pooky in the beginning, and he was like, I don't want to be called Pooky no more. My name is Chris.
Speaker 1: I never got a change. Maybe that was you being tough guys like alpha males. He was always pooky to me.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 4: He changed his name to everybody halfway through because he was sick and tired of being called Pooky.
Speaker 1: Well, I never heard that. I never got the memo. If I saw him today, i'd give him a well, I wouldn't able to give him a big hug, but I'd yell Pooky.
Speaker 2: Remember when Pooky lost all that weight too?
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, he may have been in the rerun dance sequence.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he was.
Speaker 1: Absolutely he was great guy, really really great guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What one of one of our favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was one of you know, some of the some of the crew members did the whole nine years with us, and I think Pooky came and went a little bit, but he was with us almost the whole time. Yes, you know, electrician doing setting up and setting and focusing the lights.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: He and he made a lot of and he made a lot of cameos on the show. This is this is the beginning of seeing him. Yeah, this is the beginning of seeing him. But you'll you'll reckon, You'll find him a lot more.
Speaker 1: As there's a gag reel moment in one of the seasons where where I'm running lines with him. He was playing do you remember that he was playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we actually filmed it and it wasn't. You guys weren't running lines. Somebody was supposed to be in the scene.
Speaker 1: They were like, all right, Pooky, it wasn't I think Elliot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're like, Pooky, you get up in there and do it. And he gets in there, and we all thought he was gonna freaking uh, you know, be like, I can't do.
Speaker 1: It, guys, And he played the ship out of it.
Speaker 2: He played that. He went hardcore with it too.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is he still had like all his gear on. He had like his walkie talking earpiece and all that ship. But he just played it, played it so straight like he was Elliott or something.
Speaker 2: It was really good, man. It was really awesome. Man.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, I don't know if it's us, Tara and I I'm feeling it's probably stunted people that fall out of that tree. But you can totally see the mat that's hidden under like a really lame piece of astro turf.
Speaker 2: I just love, I just love.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that j D's ideal date with the girl to kiss for the first time was in a tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's just like just like the song, Just like the song K S I n J.
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, I JD is such a fucking dork. It's amazing he got these great women because he is so nerdy.
Speaker 4: I think it's so endearing. I think it's so endearing that this is how JD is. I think you don't. You don't think his sense it?
Speaker 1: No, I do. I think he's nerdy and charming and people and women and men depending on what you're gonna do, love to laugh, and so he gets I'm guessing he gets chicks. I mean obviously is doctor, which is impressive, but also because he's silly and goofy and makes him laugh.
Speaker 2: Oh, he reminds me of Hugh Grant And what's that.
Speaker 1: In every Hugh Grant movie?
Speaker 4: Right, pretty much but him and Julia Roberts, Oh, notting Hill, nodding Hill, and how Hugh Grant's kind of like oopsie Daisy, like JD says things like that, and that's I don't know, that's endearing. I totally get why JD has such a great uh is a ladies man.
Speaker 1: How about that door hit I do at three twenty eight? That was pretty damn nice. If I wrote that if I can, if I give myself a comedic stunt pat on the back, it's a nice door hit. And I don't think i'd done a glass door hit since the pilot. So there you go, ladies and gentlemen. I think that's the first time I've run into that what's supposed to be the very same door, although in the pilot we all know we were in a different hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the fact that these two are so comfortable, you know, in the fact that the fact that JD is so comfortable in Cox's house fooling around with this young lady is a little that that was just caught me kind of off guard when he walked in and he was like and he's yelling at the two of you for you know, cuddling and being all cutesy in the morning and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that caught me off guard.
Speaker 4: Like the fact that JD feels that comfortable now that he's willing to bang in doctor Cox's house is.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny though, when I when I when he catches me naked, and I hold up the picture of his baby in front of.
Speaker 4: My mind and he's like, right, well that and then I turn it around and it's and By the way, it's the season one promotional picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like way to go Props department, Like, let's just grab a fucking Scrubs promo pic of him and put it in the frame. That was funny. Yeah, a waffle time song. He's like, do not sing thee when I come in the kitchen. I'm like, waffule time, it's waffle of time. Won't you have some waffles up mine? I don't know if that's the melody.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you, because at the end of.
Speaker 1: You have some waffles of mine? I forgot what the melody was, but.
Speaker 4: We'll be at the end of it. You you sing along with him. So was this something that you two made up at that moment.
Speaker 1: No, he's like, you're talking about how comfortable he is. Jad's walking into his kitchen and like morning, waffull time, waffull time, Won't you have some waffles of mine?
Speaker 4: But as in but as actors, was this something that Bill was like, this is how the song goes? Or was it something that John c made up? Or was it something that you know what I mean, because.
Speaker 1: I probably made it up. I don't know if John sees the stupid silly jingle maker up or like I am, because I can have a whole career as a jingle writer.
Speaker 4: Donald, word, Oh, why aren't you doing that? There's so much money in it?
Speaker 1: Not really, No, there's not, Yeah, there is it.
Speaker 2: And that Dudley Moore movie funny, What was the Dudley movie?
Speaker 1: What year was that? Dude?
Speaker 2: They were freaking killing it.
Speaker 1: But you know who wrote Dunn the dun round ball Rock? John Tesh, John Tesh.
Speaker 2: Johnesh, dude, John Tesh.
Speaker 1: John wrote more jingles.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen any believe? Have you ever seen John Tesh at Red Rock?
Speaker 1: No? I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's him playing due.
Speaker 1: At the venue.
Speaker 5: Yeah wait, that's where he did the round ball rock thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Red Rocks is the avenue in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Oh, Red Rocks I've heard of. Yeah, beautiful out to our venue.
Speaker 2: But he goes.
Speaker 1: But Donald, I thought you'd be impressed that. I know, d that's fucking John Tesh's greatest hit.
Speaker 5: You guys have seen the video where he describes coming up with that, right, No, but do you think he.
Speaker 1: Made Do you think that was just a buyout or did you make nine zillion dollars off of it? What maybe could be Wait what Dan, what was unique about him coming up with it? Oh, it's just it's just so funny because he sends himself a voicemail where he's like, hey, uh listen, just remember this one for later, but I'll talk to you later about and it's.
Speaker 5: Just like a voicemail he plays at Red Rocks for everybody, I'm gonna find the video.
Speaker 1: I'll send it to you. Oh that's no. But there's a lot of if you're interested in this topic, for those of you, for those of you are a little bit confused. John Tesh was the host of Entertainment Tonight for basically most of our childhood, and.
Speaker 2: Him and Mary Heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was this is back when there weren't all these other streaming things, so it was like what was on you watched Entertainment Tonight. And he was an entertainment journalist and he had this side hustle which was probably way more lucrative than being an entertainment anchor, where he would write jingles and if you look up, if you google it, he wrote a lot of fucking music and a lot of jingles. You know.
Speaker 2: Now, he was a concert pianist.
Speaker 1: Dude, Okay, Well, I'm saying he also, in addition to the that's song, what is that the NBA fucking jingle? He wrote a lot.
Speaker 2: It's actually only the NBA on the NBC, that's what he wrote.
Speaker 1: A right, Well, I wouldn't have known that.
Speaker 4: Well it's not it's not the NBA song anymore. If you don't hear that song anymore.
Speaker 1: You know what else he wrote? You know what else he wrote? What you're trying to get into? What?
Speaker 2: No, he did not do not give that man credit for writing that.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what I could. I could pull up on my phone. In a similar way, when when Donald and I were about to do the podcast, they said we got to have a dope theme song. And I played to Donald like something like this, and then Donald sent something back to me like riffing on it someday off to play you. And that's what we sent to Charlie, who then went and made it dope.
Speaker 2: Well. It was a genius idea.
Speaker 4: You were like, it should be like the Jeffersons, and I was like, oh shit, but we turned it into like and I know we're just reminiscing. He turned it into a freaking fire.
Speaker 1: It's it's a pop.
Speaker 2: It's a bop.
Speaker 1: It's a bop. All right, we have a fan and we're gonna go to break. We will be right back after these words.
Speaker 2: Well, gentlemen, we're bad back.
Speaker 1: We're back. We're back with the Amanda ca Bobby, give it to her, Donald, give her the give her the Oprahmanda, Bobby. Holy, Yes, it's true, Amanda, it's real. It happened.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 3: I started drinking wine because I was nervous, and I was like, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, so we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm drinking wine too. It's okay.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I we had a new uh, let's not drink during the podcast rule. Donald, Okay, I I I broke that. OK. Good to know, Amanda. You're welcome to drink. Welcome to the program. How are you? Where are you? What's going on?
Speaker 8: I'm good. I am in my apartment in Hoboken, New.
Speaker 1: Jersey, represent.
Speaker 2: Pro Boken in the house.
Speaker 3: I am Jersey through and through in one of those ways where I'm like suburban Jersey, not Jersey Shore Jersey.
Speaker 1: I'm sure like me. Yes, yes, we people like us don't like that Jersey Shore stereotype because that's not us.
Speaker 2: Are you a Saku sushi eater?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's gonna he's just gonna drop the few Jersey things he knows.
Speaker 2: He knows like a Jersey and Hoboken. When you get that, when you get the app Well, what's the best sushi you.
Speaker 1: Can find is in Hoboken in Jersey City.
Speaker 4: It's in Hoboken. When you get the opportunity, Saku, when you get a chance, soak who Hoboken Sakhu Hoboken. Remember I said this to you.
Speaker 1: You know why they call it bro Boken, Amanda, because of all the bros, frat boys. There's a lot of frap is. It's still that way when I was. When I was around, it was like, oh, I'm not going to bro Boken very much.
Speaker 3: So so I also went to Rutgers University, and I feel like it was very much.
Speaker 8: Did you go to Rutgers too?
Speaker 1: No, I just have a lot of friends with to Rutgers.
Speaker 3: Love it well, it just it felt like we like graduated Rutgers and some people weren't ready and they moved into downtown.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I remember the percentage of baseball hats backwards was very high.
Speaker 4: Also, hope Oken floods like a beast, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I moved to the top of the hill.
Speaker 3: I pay a fucking astronomical amount in rent, but I don't flood luckily.
Speaker 1: Right on, did you vote to Amanda? You know today just this is made before you answer, this is oh good. You're wearing a voting T shirt just to remind uh you, Amanda. This is airing on election day Tuesday, so we're encouraging everyone who hasn't to vote. But you're wearing a voting T shirt, so you did vote.
Speaker 8: I'm wearing Well, I'm going to drop it off this weekend.
Speaker 1: I have it here. Thunders applause, Dan Thunder supply.
Speaker 2: Turned key is turned.
Speaker 1: Good Jersey not usually a swing state, but I think we usually go blue. But we'll see, we'll see what happens today. It's today.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you do, Amanda for for to pay for your fancy apartment?
Speaker 8: Well, I am a video producer.
Speaker 3: I work in development, so like video development, TV development at Hearst Magazines, so we have like Cosmos men's health.
Speaker 8: I know you guys are always talking about men's health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donald and I want to get on the cover if we get our abs enough, If you could put in a recommendation for us.
Speaker 8: I will hook it up. I will do what I can.
Speaker 1: My life goal is to one day before they shovel me in a hearst, to have my abs so impressive that they're like, he's got to be on the cover of Men's Health.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, right that.
Speaker 4: I want to be in that, and you know what I want to do that one. And People's Most Beautiful, Like I've been dying for that one. I know I'm getting a little long in the tooth and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Well, you mean the sexiest man Alive. That's not gonna happen for you, dude. No, you can be in Most Beautiful, but you're not. You're too old to be the sexiest man alive.
Speaker 8: You never know, you never know.
Speaker 1: I think you're the sexiest man alive. Don't give me that face. But it's usually someone younger, like a you know, it's the younger, younger kind of thing. No, okay, I take it back. I'm sorry, can you. Yeah, he's lost the ability to speak, which is so which is so hard for him. I really fucked him up.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you have a question, Amanda?
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, by the way, I digress for a moment. When we last week talked about virtual having sex via VR with each other, everyone and their cousin weighed in that there is, of course a Black Mirror episode about this, So thank you for reminding us. If you don't watch Black Mirror, and watch Black Mirror, but there's a very very fascinating, slash bizarrely hilarious, interesting commentary on sexuality episode of Black Mirror, including VR sex between two hetero friends. So there you go, Amanda, Amanda a mana. Do you have a question for us to cheer Donald up? The sexiest man alive? In my eyes?
Speaker 2: I can't. You can't. You can't know.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm Amanda, I I am. I am not the sexiest man alive. According to zach I put I put. My best friend said to me, Oh no, you're never gonna get that. Those were his exact words. I'm just gonna put it out there. Oh no, you're never gonna get that. I my heart is I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't you could it's us.
Speaker 1: The funk up? Look at.
Speaker 2: You aren't so bad?
Speaker 8: Shall I bring you together?
Speaker 1: With the question, yes, please, the subject is horrible.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Hope this brings up good memories, not bad memory. But one of my questions was, so, what is the worst trouble the two of you have gotten into together, whether it was on set of scrubs or not on set of scrubs?
Speaker 2: How are you going to ask me this question? I can't answer this question. I can't answer this question.
Speaker 4: We got into a lot of trouble that a lot of trouble that we've gotten into we can't even talk about.
Speaker 2: There were there were.
Speaker 4: Times where speak carefully, I am, I'm trying my hardest to right now. There were times where I was like, I can't believe that should happen or we got I can't believe we put ourselves into that situation and that should happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to give a lot of money and a lot of fame to two guys in their mid twenties. No expect that they're not going to.
Speaker 4: Get You don't want to do it to You don't want to do it to anyone in their mid twenties, not to guys, to anyone in their mid twenties.
Speaker 2: Too much money at a young age is not a good thing.
Speaker 1: We had some adventures and uh, and that's all we'll say is as it pours another glass of wine for himself. And in the after noon, Amanda, we'll give you another question because that one we can't really fully answer.
Speaker 8: Okay, fine, that's fair. So I was actually gonna ask so Zach.
Speaker 3: I'm like obsessed with Garden State High School. We would probably literally pass away if she knew this was.
Speaker 8: Happening right now.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so I also was like, I'm nerdy where I listened to the commentary and I'm pretty sure I remember you saying something about a bunch of PA's you had to have them.
Speaker 8: Drive really slow in the four or five to create traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I work in production also, and I'm constantly asking our pas to do crazy shit. And I've had to do crazy shit. So I'm wondering, what is your guys, what's the craziest thing you guys have had to do early on in your career?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wow, gosh, questions. Those are good questions. Yeah, PA, I had to do a lot. There's a lot of stuff as a PA that was just stupid and dangerous. They would have us go lock up when you're when you're up, precious, they would go lock up that street, meaning don't let anyone come down, and it'll be like in really dangerous neighborhood at night, and I'd be like the little nerdy kid, like being like, excuse me, everyone, you're not allowed to come down the street. If you'll be like fuck you, I'd be like, uh, guys, guys were making a video and like and there were a few times, there are many many times in Manhattan and at night where I really almost got my ass kicked begging people to not walk down a street because we were making some like Mariah Carey video or something.
Speaker 8: You were probably a really good fucking PA.
Speaker 1: Then I was a good PA because the rest of the pas were getting high in the fucking cube truck and like not doing and they I was so into it. I wanted to be a director at so badly. I wanted to be a filmmaker so badly. So they come over the walking and be like, we need PA's doing this, and like no one would reply. So I'd be like I'm on it, and I'd run over there and do it. And then they'd be like, Okay, now we need a PA to be doing this, and I'd be like, no answer, because they're all just fucking getting high. And I'd be like, I'll do that too, and like, so I was just running all over the place. I was like, I wanted to be like the best pa in the history of pas. Oh my god, what about you, Donald? Did you have any odd crazy jobs someone made you do? No, because you kind of got it you were well early. No, you never had a real job.
Speaker 4: No, I did have a real job. Actually, it's an interesting story. So after I had I had a little bit of success early on in my career, Like I did a bunch of commercials and stuff like that. And because of that, I, you know, as a young actor in New York City, I would always go to my agent's office and hang out.
Speaker 2: And so I got to know my agents and.
Speaker 4: Made my face very recognizable so that if anything came through, they would be like, Yo, we're gonna send Donald out on this. I made myself so available there that they needed somebody to work at the front desk. And I was like, Yo, you know what, I'll take the job. I'll take the job. I'll do that, and they were like, okay, bet, And so I learned what it was like to be an agent.
Speaker 2: I sat, I you know, looked at breakdowns.
Speaker 4: I you know, the agents, would you know, write down the the art the actors or artists who they wanted to go out for these parts, and I would, you know, have to type it all up and write the letter and send it out to all of the casting directors for the submissions. Right, And I got I didn't get good at it, but this was a great way for me to submit myself on things that I really wanted to be in. Like if it came through and my name wasn't on it, I would secretly type my name into that shit and be like Donald Faison and I put my my my head shot in and send it out for submissions. I think it clueless, and I got to go out of town for a really long time, but I want to keep the job because, you know, as an actor, you're like, I gotta you gotta make I'm making money and I'm getting a paycheck, so I'm able to buy the shit I want. And I asked my mom and I'm like, Mom, will you take over for me? Will you work the desk for me? And she was like, yeah, absolutely, no problem. And so while I'm away doing clueless. She works this job for me. And when I come back, I'm like, okay, Mom, I want my job back. And the agents at my agency were like, no, you know what, Donald, that's no longer your job.
Speaker 2: We want to give it to your mom.
Speaker 4: And I was like what, and they were like, yeah, we're gonna We're gonna give it to your mom, and your mom is going to work as the front desk. So my mom was already working in theater and she was like a director at the National Black Theater in Harlem, and she'd you know, she'd worked with a bunch of actors in the community and everything like that, and so she had a real her finger on the pulse when it came to young African American or old African American actors in New York City. And as time went on, working at the front desk, she then moved on to become, you know, an agent, and you know, well, she tapped into the community that she, you know, knew very well and now has so many people working on Broadway. She's broke so las Lonzo, she broke him, like you know, to this.
Speaker 1: Day, when I run into there's so many times I run into African American actors in New York, and their way into me is like yo, yo, Shirley Faison's my agent, like like they know that that's the way to start talking to me because of Donald.
Speaker 4: It gets it gets bigger than that though, and then it turns into my mom is now you know, working with all of these like they're Leah, Michelle, Kristen Bell, like the.
Speaker 1: So she bade the funny thing, your mom took your desk job, and then it's like working girls, she all of a sudden became like a super powerful agent.
Speaker 4: Within a few years this happened, and it was all because of this odd job that I wanted, Like this wasn't a just I don't know that many actors that work at their agent's office.
Speaker 2: That just doesn't sound never.
Speaker 1: Knew that trivia about you. See, even I am learning Donald Faison trivia on this very podcast.
Speaker 4: For man DOCKU Man, I ain't gonna be I'm not sexy enough for you, so fuck you, man.
Speaker 2: You ain't no no trivia about me. You don't care about me. You don't even think I'm trussy.
Speaker 1: You know, you may have had a shot at that if your wife would allow you to have your ass bopping up and down on that fucking show. Women, women and gay men really like to see a man's ass bounce in a sex scene on TV. Right Joell.
Speaker 3: To weigh in, Ye, honestly, sex scenes, I don't know what is wrong with me.
Speaker 8: They make me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I know I agree because you.
Speaker 2: Know how the sausage is made. You see, you've see how exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Do you remember making you uncomfortable?
Speaker 4: It makes you uncomfortable, Zach, But you are thrusting your throwing me into the fucking fire.
Speaker 1: I want something.
Speaker 2: I want to see your ass. I want to see your ass.
Speaker 1: If you could feel if I had, if I had your ass, I would write sex scenes into my own movies and just bounce my shit. No, but listen, do you guys remember when we were growing up, Yeah, and then for some reason, the character's ass is bouncing. When we were growing up, it was every fucking movie, it was like, and now it's time for the sex scene. It was like incorporated into the movie.
Speaker 3: You know, I was eleven watching Garden State with the sex scene.
Speaker 8: We cut around it, we cut around people, the people scene.
Speaker 1: Oh that yeah, oh yeah, sorry. Remember being like but that was meant to be out that was meant to be outrageous. But like the Natalie scene, we weren't about to do like a fucking sex scene. We like, we start making out and then you cut to us cuddling. I but do you remember, like it was like you couldn't have a movie back in the day where it was like the music would start and they'd be shooting through like the foggy of lens and you'd like, oh my god, it's time and people would liked it. It was like a turn on. I guess it was like, oh this was maybe it was like people are on a date and this is gonna get them rale up to go home and hook up. But now, yes, now in movies, I think it's it's pretty odd right to see like a real sex scene unless there's a unless there's a genuine reason for it. When it cuts, like you just want to like, okay, they start making out and then cut to later. We don't need to see them fucking fuck unless of course they have Donald's ass. What do you guys think on this topic?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I find sex scenes uncomfortable now in movie theaters, mainly because I you know, I movies that were acceptable to us when we were younger. I can't show my kids now and so movies that come on and all of a sudden something that's very sexual.
Speaker 2: And I like the fact.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but I like the fact that my kids have no idea what sexual what sexuality is, what you know, what you know? I love that fact about them right now, and they don't need to learn about that. And I don't want to tank that. I don't want them to have to see that until they're ready. And I don't me personally, I don't think as a seven year old in a five year.
Speaker 1: Old, right, I'm just talking about like that change in this. I'm not talking about it like that. Joelle, what do you write your thoughts on this? You're a pop culture expert.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think sex scenes are good if they are improving the story, if they're telling story. I don't like when it's like and now, like two hot people smashing bodies.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 9: But like normal people. Those series on Hulu like those sex scenes, like show how the characters evolve through time and over their relationship and they're like essential to the storytelling. And so I feel like yes, and also like what you're gonna ask me. You guys are actual actors, but I always feel like it's weird to ask actors to perform them if it's not pertinent to the story, like who is this for? What's happening?
Speaker 2: I disagree with you, guys. I think sexy.
Speaker 4: I think sex scenes make me uncomfortable, but I think they're I think everybody loved Game of Thrones and that had some ridiculous, you know, sex scenes in it that had nothing to do with pushing the story forward, you know, And so in.
Speaker 1: The beginning they did. Then they started becoming like weird, I thought.
Speaker 5: And also also to that point, Amelia Clark decided she was not doing any more nude scenes after the reactions to all that stuff, So I think there was a bit of a gratuitous nature to it that kind of soured what Maybe even.
Speaker 9: Georgia r Minin was upset with the way some of them and days like, this is not how they were written in the book or.
Speaker 2: Why they were there.
Speaker 4: Well, she did, but that didn't stop them from having them in the show, and it was it was, it was very prominent in the show, and we all watched and loved that show, so we can't really say.
Speaker 2: I'm just in the last episode.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I'm saying the last scenes. I'm just saying. In the eighties and nineties and a lot of R rated movies, it was like if I felt like people thought it was mandatory you went to an R rated movie, you went on your date. But where's our sex scene?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, some of my favorite movies didn't have sex scenes. And I'm like The Breakfast Club or.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about like we.
Speaker 4: Could go through all the John Hughes movie. These are big ass movies for that time.
Speaker 1: Though, you know what I mean, you're picking the wrong genre. I'm talking about our rated sort of thriller.
Speaker 2: At the time. At the time those movies were out, though, we were.
Speaker 1: Like, you'll like to see not every movie has a sex scene. Like Annie, for example, no sex scenes in Annie. Miss Hannigan never rides.
Speaker 8: You just say they cut it.
Speaker 4: That would have been the best musical number ever. That would have been the best musical number ever.
Speaker 1: It's not why.
Speaker 2: What what's the man?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you had to see that? All right?
Speaker 2: A man?
Speaker 1: No, it's time for everyone's favorite segment. Donald stop laughing, But I think I've won you back. Ready, it's time to.
Speaker 10: Fix your life?
Speaker 1: All right? How can we help our favorite Jersey girl?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, so this is not just fixing my life, it's going to fix basically all of my friend's lives.
Speaker 1: Also on it.
Speaker 8: Ready, So I.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just turned twenty seven. It's quarantine. I'm like newly single, all these different things. I think I'm in the.
Speaker 8: Throes of a quarter life crisis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how does one get through a quarter life crisis?
Speaker 1: You got to go through. But there's work you can do. There are there are books and podcasts and seminars, and one can take action. That's what I think. I think I've When I was going through a lot of that stuff, I did a lot of work on myself. Some of it was as simple as a therapist just to get myself talking. But I would ask for self help book recommendations, I took workshops. I you know, there's all Now there's Ted Talks. I mean, there's You can't just sit back and like my attitude about life when you're in crisis mode, even if it's mild or real crisis, like in this episode there's a suicidal story. Is that you have to be proactive. You have to you you can't just sit and wait for it to fix itself. You have to to to take steps to to do the work.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have fired so many therapists just because I always pick fights with them, because that's the kind of person I am. But my brother just told me to read this book The Art of Not Giving a Fuck or something.
Speaker 8: But yeah, you guys have any books that you recommend.
Speaker 2: I'm not a strong reader, so you know.
Speaker 1: Donald only reads the back of the Star Wars video game box.
Speaker 2: And then also in Star Wars comics.
Speaker 1: Are also in terms of dating, which always cheers people up. Are you are you actively trying? Are you on the apps or are you trying to meet somebody new?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm on the apps.
Speaker 3: The apps just like I don't know if it's just my area, what produced like a certain lot of bros.
Speaker 1: You got a lot of bros there. You maybe have to go to Manhattan.
Speaker 8: You know, And I changed my location to Manhattan.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's like I'm not playing the app game right or what, but I either the people I either don't get any action on the apps or the action I get is.
Speaker 8: Like and literally forgive me, but like the first message is sit on my face, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 1: I want to Okay, that's funny that that's someone's pickup line, sit on my face.
Speaker 8: I've gotten that three times important.
Speaker 1: Wow. I'm so sorry. Wow these apps, man, Joelle, don't worry. We're going to find you a good one, not not whatever one she's on. Okay, good, I look forward to krying. We're trying to set you well up. No one's going to say sit on my face to you, Joel. We're going to protect you.
Speaker 2: Thank you much. Well, at least not on the first freaking DM. That's very weird.
Speaker 8: Hi first, then.
Speaker 4: App right, at least be like, Hi, my name is Roger, sit on my face at least that, right.
Speaker 9: Do you mind if I give Amanda some advice on this quarter like crisis situation?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please, you're way smarter on you than anybody.
Speaker 2: You're probably Yeah, you're the one to go to for this.
Speaker 9: I recently having come out of my quarter like crisis. It is the sage of twenty five twenty seven taid Okay, okay, okay, okay. So you're getting towards the end of the craziness, right, and the best advice I got at that age was like, twenty eight and twenty nine are going to be so hard. But all the work that you're doing, all the stuff you're pushing through, all the things you're discovering about yourself, all the people you're dating and rejecting or trying to accept, all the friendships that will either fall apart or strengthen during this time, Like all of that will solidify by thirty and then it's like I've learned all of the lessons, Right, the very challenging part of your late twenties is over, and like by the time you hit thirty, it's like, oh, I get what I had to go through all of that. So it sucks when you're in it, but like, don't panic. It's how it's supposed to be. It's the struggle is fortifying you for all of the great things that are about to happen. Right, and you're like very solid in your career. It sounds like it sounds like you've developed a strong voice. You clearly seem to know yourself pretty well. So you know, give's all some time. Maybe find a therapist that knows how to fight you back. My therapist constantly looks at me and goes, you know, uh, is that real what you're telling?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Maybe not.
Speaker 9: I She's like, right, so you know, let's steal in this direction.
Speaker 1: Also, what I remember writing when I about Garden State was that I felt like my teen years were my body's puberty and my twenty years were my mind's puberty. Yes, because there's so much happening. You're figuring out who you are, who you want to be, what kind of relationship you truly want, what kind of job you want, where you want to live. Like all of this is happening, and it's changing all the time, just like when you're going through puberty, changes and you're like, what the fuck is this new feeling that's happening in your mind? So I would A big thing I would see to you is don't make it wrong, Like this is normal. I think people start having panic attacks when they go what's wrong with me? It's like you, I mean, as you know, I made a fucking movie about it, Like this is this is very, very very normal everything that's happening you and so many people are going through what you're going through.
Speaker 4: I not to sound like the downer of it, but I think everybody's in crisis always, you know what I mean. I think life is so exhausting as it is that we're always like, when this is over, you're going to find something else to fixate on and focus on, and.
Speaker 2: That'll be your next dilemma.
Speaker 4: But for the most part, you have to go through it and know that this is a journey and know that you're doing this. Everything that you're doing now is setting up what comes later. And I think, yeah, you know, I don't recall my twenties being a crisis, and maybe because I numbed it by going out and partying and.
Speaker 2: Experiencing.
Speaker 4: You know, being in a pandemic doesn't necessarily help where we're you know what I mean that kind of You're.
Speaker 1: Going through these feelings and the dating conundrum during this pandemic, which is just so extra hard, and I really really feel for you.
Speaker 3: I don't understand people who date on the apps in the middle of COVID. I'm like, you're gonna get it, you know, it's Russian.
Speaker 1: Roulette, especially if you're sitting on people's faces. All right. I don't know if we've fixed your life, but we at least are here to cheer you on and say we care about you and and you're not alone. And I'm a big proponent of therapy. We promote a couple of the different apps on here that I have not just bullshit because we promote them. I have friends that use them and really have gotten great results from them. Good thing about them is if you don't like the person on the first try, you can just keep changing until you find somebody you like. And I think people have gotten good results of that. Just I know a lot about therapy because I have two parents that are psychologists. So I've gotten a lot of success out of a type of therapy called someone who's a cognitive behaviorist, because I've done enough talking about my past. I've done enough like oh I was sad when they made fun of me. And at this point, cognitive behaviors is a little more like let's talk about the plan. It's a little more like a coach being like, here's the plan for this week. You don't want the X to happen, then we're gonna do why you want you want to be more like this, then we're gonna do this. So if that type of therapist has been very helpful to me in my life, you might seek someone like that out the life coach. Yeah, and and because I some people like to lie on a couch and and talk about the pain they've experienced, and that works and is helpful, and some people need to do that. I'm not minimizing it. I've done plenty of it. I'm just saying at this point in my life, and again, I'm much older than you, but I've gotten a lot of help out of someone who's like, Okay, I hear what you're feeling. I hear where you want to get to. I hear that you're stressed about this or this. Here's the plan for this week that's gonna be put in place by us as a team to make you get there. And that could be finding a partner, that could be finding a job, that could be whatever you fucking want it to be.
Speaker 5: I would also just like to add one thing to what Zach is saying, is that, like, when you're doing your googles for this kind of thing, make sure that you search both words like life coach, but all so specifically cognitive behavioral therapy, because they're different things that have similar goals, and you just might get people who are life coaches who are going to help you work through stuff. But I really back up what Zach is saying when you can have someone who's professional with experience give you like a b C. And that's really going to come from a cognitive behavioral therapist.
Speaker 1: And I always feel, because I know I'm going to talk to him once a week that I it's like I have to have my homework done like I want to. I want to. I want to impress him. So I'm always like, oh, I'm going to do that shit I promised him I would do because I made a commitment. Anyway, I'm rambling. I think we can say you're welcome, right Donald, Can we say you're welcome? I mean, I mean maybe half you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Not we could say you're welcome. We've set her on a path.
Speaker 1: We've given her path.
Speaker 4: We've given her some tools that she can use to better herself and take this journey that she's on into a positive direction and not fall into the abyss that is the most depression.
Speaker 1: The most powerful thing you need to know is that you are not alone. You are not alone. Everybody deals with this ship. I think some people spiral out because they go, what's wrong with me? No, what's wrong with you is that you're human being. And everybody deals with this. And all these people you see on TV and the reality shows living these fucking bullshit lives, it's all bullshit. They deal with it too, And you are not alone. Everybody goes through it.
Speaker 2: Okay, No one's truly happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well no, some people are happy, but I but everybody has their demons, they battle, everybody has their their their sources of pain and uh, and I think it's very important for you to know that you're not alone. All right, Amanda, my favorite Jersey girl.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. After these fine words, we got to talk more about what the show. Dude. People get mad that we don't talk about the show enough. We got to talk more about the show.
Speaker 5: Are you telling me people have grievances with the show?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Fucking people have grievance.
Speaker 11: Grievance is a new segment that I call grievance. Jesus, you guys have had Brendan Fraser, Tara Reed, Jaseurron. You have so many interesting guests on the show. And you know what you haven't had is one writer of the show.
Speaker 10: Not one.
Speaker 11: They listened to it.
Speaker 2: They know and So here's the.
Speaker 11: Tough grievance moment for you guys. Is what follows is three single sentences from three different writers that were on this show for a multiple of years. There will probably be a clue in their sentence. But unless you can identify these three writers by the sentence clue, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull the plug on our podcast. Ready, get your thinking cat.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, I have a question, dar. These are sentences that Bill is going to say that we should know with the oh, the writers themselves.
Speaker 5: The writers themselves have submitted three sentences. Of course you're gonna know all three sentences are going to play out. There's a tiny space between each one, and then the answer is a separate file. But we'll let everybody else a right to.
Speaker 1: Write down your answers because it's they're going to play them in an order.
Speaker 5: Everybody ready, there's a small bit of silence in between each one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a lot of kids.
Speaker 9: I like musical theater, and I don't listen on Fridays, which is today, so I'm not listening Jewish.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I got them all Okay, I think I got them too, all Right.
Speaker 1: The first one is Tim Hobert.
Speaker 2: Easy, Tim Hobert. Gabby is the second one.
Speaker 1: Gabby is the second one. And uh, I think.
Speaker 11: You guys ready, yeah, oh my god, you guys better have gotten Tim Herbert, Gabby, Allen Greenberg and Neil gold or well. I mean, I gotta be honest with the podcast is over and that a lot of people, because I do love my podcast.
Speaker 10: That was the.
Speaker 1: I like that game though.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was easy.
Speaker 2: Though, that was really easy.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 2: That was fun. It was good to hear their voices. Also, is this I said, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, Daniel, We're going along, Daniel, We're going along.
Speaker 2: We're already at an hour.
Speaker 1: We have barely talked about the fucking show. We gotta speed through it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Who should we have on? Who do you think would be the best guest of those three? I mean, they'd all be good, don't get me wrong, But who would you Who should we choose first?
Speaker 4: I think I honestly believe that we should break them off into little groups, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, Gabby, by the way, Gabby, in terms of coming up next, Gabby is the first. I'm looking at the schedule is wrote for some reason wrote the next two that's impossible, but she was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe Gabby, let's reach out and see if she wants to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joelle, will you get I don't have I might not have her email anymore. Will you get her from us? And I'm sure everyone would also like to heal from a very successful female comedy writer in Hollywood who would love to hear about that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Can we talk about this fucking show Scrubs? Donald?
Speaker 2: Why do you have to put that type of handle on it? Oh?
Speaker 1: What about? Why is the guy sitting next to the dartboard in a bar? That guy is the worst seat in the world. He's literally sitting next to a dartboard as Sarah and Judy try and throw darts. I was like, that's a bad seat, buddy, Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: I think it's for comedy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I had a feeling it was for comedy.
Speaker 2: I think it's for comedy.
Speaker 1: Patrick Bolton, our set dresser friend, was the bartender in that scene.
Speaker 2: How about Elliott having hair on her lower back?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think a lot of women probably do have a thin layer of hair back there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Eric Strata paunch, that was great.
Speaker 4: Right, Eric Astrada one of my heroes as a youth. Everyone needs to Chips growing me too.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, my dad was so anti gun that we were not allowed to have toy guns. And he was so anti toy gun that when I had the John doll, it was like a Ken doll sized John from Chips. He took the little one centimeter gun away from me. I wouldn't allowed to have the Chips gun. That's how Auntie gun.
Speaker 2: My dad was, Yeah, well, you know, so sorry, That's that's how it is.
Speaker 1: And I should buy that doll on eBay and play with the gun with Donald and I did a very funny photoshoot. I don't know if we've mentioned this before. You guys can google it. It was for People, a magazine, I think Donald and we dressed up like Eric Strata and John from Chips.
Speaker 9: We did.
Speaker 1: And because I have blonde hair, I have a wig on. I assume everyone, of course says I look like Dak Shepherd like they do, no matter what I fucking do.
Speaker 4: Because and because I would, and because I put a wig on and I looked like Bruno Mars, I had a possibility at that time to be one of America's most sexiest men or people's most sexiest men, you know what I mean, which was really interesting.
Speaker 1: And then and then you know, Daxx went on to make the Chips movie, which is too which which you know, I was happy for him because he's an awesome guy. But you know, you and I would have been a great paunch and John.
Speaker 2: I can't play.
Speaker 1: Uh No, you don't have to be a Hispanic paunch. You could be African American zaunch.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I think I think we're doing a disservice to all of the Latino We don't have.
Speaker 1: To do the exact thing. And we could do California Highway patrol on motorcyle anyway. We can't do any to it, all right.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite lines in the show Sweet Dancing Jehovah, I punctured my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I laugh. That was funny. Kelso Death and everyone every time he walks by, just saying all that ship to him.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then and then and then Ted missing the missing the bus and coming in a little too late. After Kelso he says, giving him the business, he goes, there, you are you deaf bastard.
Speaker 1: He was like, it's like no one had told Ted until it was too late and he finally he had it all, He had it all stored up ready to go. That was fucking funny.
Speaker 4: Like, dude, like you over time, you kind of gotta feel sorry for Ted Man, Like, oh my gosh, dude, it's like, first of all, his boss is a jerk to him, and then second of all, he never seems to.
Speaker 1: Catch a break ever, think, nothing ever works out for him, never ever works out for him. What about wakanuby at the carnival? Waknuby canub Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about the fact that JD can't get I can't use the giant mallet to get the to ring the bell at the carnival?
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, I can, by the way, But you know what is true about me? If one thing that is true about me, and you can call me a nerd or a dor or a what other other synonyms are there?
Speaker 2: Guys, you haven't said one bad word yet.
Speaker 1: I do get nauseous on rides, Oh oh, I really do. First of all, I cannot funck with like a tea.
Speaker 2: Cup situation for your whole life, your whole life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like them. I will go on a fast roller coaster that's straight and fast and takes big curves. I'm fine with that, but I cannot do anything spinning. I don't like the fucking thing that drops of this mansion. I've done that. What it makes you want to puke? You know that cheap it's the cheap thing that spins and the floor drops out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: Yo.
Speaker 4: You know what, as I've gotten older, there's certain things that I can't do anymore. Like I used to be able to get on roller coasters and all of that stuff no problem, and get on them over and over again. My fortieth birthday, we went to Disneyland, and I remember this very well because Disney sponsored the trip and they hooked it up to where I we you know, we had a guide and everything. They hooked it up for a person who's worked for Disney for a really long time, and we were able to get on the California Scream like five times.
Speaker 2: In a row. That the loop. Do you want to go again?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want to go again? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We want to go again, and we did it again. Do you want to go again? Yeah, we want to go again, and we did it again. Do you want to go again? I don't know, yeah, we wanted.
Speaker 2: We had. I bought all my This is the thing that I like to do for my birthday. I like to invite all of my friends and their kids and let the kids have.
Speaker 4: Fun because I like to have like like I'm a Disneyland type of birthday, Like I'm a forty six year old man who likes to go to Disneyland. Like, okay, so anyway, my nephews, my nieces, my freaking my you know, a bunch of youth is with us. You want to go again? Yeah, we want to go again. To kids, I'm like, oh no, I don't think I can do it for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: You know, when you get that when you get that nauseous, that's like when you make this sound that is okay, it's the sound.
Speaker 4: It's you're trying to freaking relax your mouth from you know, how you get water. I did not puke, but for the rest of the day I had to go. For the rest of the day, I was going like this though, trying to get my tongue to get that nauseous.
Speaker 1: I went and everyone was like, we're going again. I was like I'm not, And I was like the I was like the parent, but like waited by the exit for everybody.
Speaker 2: That's that's that. Yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Ruined the not my birthday, but it ruined the fact that I was like, I don't know if I'll get on roller coasters again. And so since then, i've I can only do roller coasters one time, and when I get off, I always feel that little bit of nausea.
Speaker 1: That oh that's robot for good night. I mean, what the hell was that? I must have made that up. I don't know what the hell was going on there.
Speaker 4: How about the janitor getting a freaking new job because and he turned it into like a radio show where he's freaking dissing people.
Speaker 1: By the way, speaking of being dorky, I was the guy in high school who did the announcements really really cool, yes, And I remember thinking, I mean, you know, with a.
Speaker 2: Group all four years there was four years there was a team.
Speaker 1: No, there was a team. You know, you had your sports team. Well, I had my announcements.
Speaker 2: Team sports team in high school.
Speaker 1: No, I'm making a joke saying, like, you know, like it was a team and we had like we had like practice where we'd be like, mommy made me match my the lips and the tongue. Yeah, I would do the announcements, and I remember thinking I was really cool to the announcements.
Speaker 2: It's powerful.
Speaker 4: Did you play like did you play like a xylophone where you're like doo dooo?
Speaker 1: No, I remember, I remember. I think we had to do the pledge of allegiance and it was written down so you didn't fuck it up, little mistake. I think it's sixteen thirteen. In Nicole Sullivan's room when we're the last time we're meeting with her, there's no door on the hinges. If you're someone who likes fuck ups in movies. For some reason, the grips must have taken off the hospital room door, but you can just see the hinges sitting there. There's no door in the room.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, you know, if you if you if you caught that, you're not watching the show.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I like to I like to look in the both the background and the foreground while I'm doing this podcast, doll, because I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Deliver well while doing the while doing the podcast.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, if you're listening to and you're wanting to catch fuck ups some stuff, yeah we're gonna try and catch that too. But watching movies and watching TV shows now and not being able to get into it because I'm noticing what's going on in the background, or noticing what's going on because of mess ups and stuff like that. I try not to do that now. I try to enjoy a movie as much as I can. I imagine it's got to be very difficult for you, Zach.
Speaker 1: Being a director, I always look at stuff in the background, and sometimes it hurts my experience, but that is uh the price I pay donald for being a movie maker. One of the last lines we say is you can never underestimate the importance of listening. And I think that's a very simple but very smart sentence that so much miscommunication comes from no one really truly listening to each other.
Speaker 4: It's hard to listen. That's one of the hardest things to do in life. You know, it's a simple thing to do, but it's actually hard to shut your brain off and listen to somebody else's stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're our brains are going, Oh, what's the thing I'm going to say next? Oh, he just reminded me of a story that now I'm going to tell oh, what's for dinner? And I strive to be someone that can be truly looking at you and listening when you talk to me.
Speaker 2: That's one of my hardest things to do.
Speaker 4: And I I I've told stories about this before, you know, meeting my idols like George Lucas and stuff and not being able to listen because I was so geeked. It's a it's a it's a really good thing if you can listen to someone and hear. There's because there are so many times in my life where if I would have listened, maybe the outcome of somebody else's life would have been better. But because I was caught up in my own shit and didn't listen, things were different. I'm sure everybody feels that, but this isn't.
Speaker 2: This is something that is uh. This is something that I think we all we we all take for granted, the ability to listen.
Speaker 1: Yes, so listen to each other and listen to us as we end this show and beg you to vote. I am literally going to get down on my knees and asked you.
Speaker 4: This is actually happened. And he's clasped his hands together as if praying to a deity.
Speaker 1: I am I'm I've never asked you listener for anything. Please vote. Today is the day. Go make it up. And even you've got to wait in line. Bring some snacks, bring a lawn chair, bring a podcast. If you've listened to all of this one, try another one. Yes, I just figured out how much I've been wondering how my dog gets in and out of the vegetable garden. And I just caught that little bitch. And I can call her a bitch because it's a female dog. I just caught how that little bitch is getting into my vegetable garden. I just saw her sneak out one of the fucking gaate. Okay, problem solved, you guys, go vote. We love you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I questions emergent.
Speaker 1: Go to the Cottonbureau dot com, uh, and then type in fake doctors to find all the merch What Donald.
Speaker 2: A quick question?
Speaker 4: What what do you say to the people who didn't register to vote? Now at this point and we're speaking.
Speaker 1: Of I think there's there there are some states where you can go on the day. You can if you're listening and you never registered. I think just go to I will vote dot com and you can find uh the answer. Some states you can show up on the day. There it is all right. Count us out, Donald, We love everybody.
Speaker 2: Six Gemini Stories Show.
Speaker 10: We made about a bunch of dots and nurses, he said. Here's the stories net. So YadA ra here yea here show