Speaker 1: It's the most fun show of the year.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Wait all year for this day.
Speaker 3: Of course, we've been spooky all week. Yeah, if you missed yesterday's what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Where were you guys at Spirit Halloween Baby?
Speaker 3: I thought it was one of the funniest You've got to go back to yesterday's show and listen to that. But right now, it's all about Halloween this podcast. We've got a brand new Halloween phone tap awk for Tuesday, and our show costume reveal, Yeah, and the.
Speaker 4: Buttons Haunted Yeah lust We've included some some Halloween classics.
Speaker 3: The podcast special Halloween Edition starts right now.
Speaker 2: This month has flown by seriously, and yes we're here just staring at it. The very last day is today, October thirty.
Speaker 5: First.
Speaker 2: It's the big Halloween show that we promised you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my favorite show of the year.
Speaker 2: And any of you are listening probably thinking, well, how are they going to disappoint us today? You're just gonna have to wait a little bit longer because we don't have our costumes on you.
Speaker 1: You stick around for disappointment j And.
Speaker 2: We only have sixty seconds before the trivia portion kicks in. So what are we gonna do to like kill some time?
Speaker 1: You wait to produce.
Speaker 2: Somebody say extra Halloween bonus challenge for Aston. Yes, I certainly didn't see this coming. It's a trick. Ashton becomes a human werewolf. Using his heightened sense of smell. He'll go around the room sniffing under each host armpin, then give one to four howls about who smells the worst today.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just smelled more.
Speaker 2: Howls, the stinkier it is. Okay, I haven't okay, sure last, Okay, you're gonna start with me and then going on the room.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go, Brook, take a big wi.
Speaker 2: He's going under my eye.
Speaker 1: He's really getting in there. I don't like watching only one.
Speaker 2: I smell nice this morning?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Jose is next, he's in his arm bit. Now that my worse than Jeff a little bit. We got to say Ashton's howels He said one to four? He did like eight.
Speaker 1: He's a little stake. Need to wash this sweat, all right.
Speaker 2: Brook is the stinkiest on the show so far. Alexis is last. He's sniffing her. Oh oh yeah, Alexis smells the nice special he broke his nose.
Speaker 1: I used that expensive native deodorant. I'm gonna tell you, I don't know that it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably get away from that smells good, but he just smell it. That was a fish Ashton's last trick or challenge at least for now. But no, please, We've got a big Halloween show playing for today, Halloween themed phone taps, Awkward Tuesday, Second Date Mass Speaker Prus. We will reveal our costumes a little bit later on, and we'll have photos videos posted up on the Brook and Jeffrey socials all morning long. Make sure you're following us at Brook and Jeffrey. And now let's finally get into the shot collar question of the day, which I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark here and guess it's gonna have something to do with Memorial Day, James, what are we doing?
Speaker 6: Well, it's actually the scariest day of the entire year. Yeah, the one day Brooke actually puts on makeup.
Speaker 3: Hey, you don't know what my costume is yet, Jake, that may not be true.
Speaker 6: To celebrate the spookiest day of the season, we're gonna test your knowledge on the spookiest songs with a special week the Halloween lyric edition of the One and Done Shot Collar Question of the Day. So I'll play part of a popular song. Okay, and once it stops, you just have to correctly finish the next lyric. This first song is for Alexis.
Speaker 1: We're starting strong.
Speaker 6: Here's your song, something strange.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stop there.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I only know the first far paused it a long time ago.
Speaker 6: If there's something weird, finish the lyrics.
Speaker 1: If there's something weird in your home, who are you gonna call?
Speaker 8: Maybe it's back to the neighborhood again.
Speaker 1: In the school we're location.
Speaker 3: Okay, we need to get there's something weird inside your home.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm gonna take don't look good. What is corrected is in don't look good. So nobody gets a point there axis doesn't correct. But we'll next move on to Brook. Oh right, Brook, here's your song, Brooks doing the whole choreography.
Speaker 1: Wait what did he say again?
Speaker 6: Now I'll make you see that this is thriller thriller night, because I can thrill you more than.
Speaker 3: Finish the lyrics, and thrill you more than the ghost said midnight.
Speaker 1: That's not it. I get thrill you more than at midnight. It's something midnight.
Speaker 9: You need words there, not just like Bubba.
Speaker 3: But I think I'm gonna go with ghost at midnight, brook with Ghost at midnight.
Speaker 6: That's because I can thrill you more than any ghoul would ever dare try Wow, MJ big On.
Speaker 1: I think that that was part of the song where I go.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, we're all going, we're over to not looking good. We're gonna go to Jeffrey next, Jeffrey, here's your song.
Speaker 5: They did the moms to man Okay, the zombies were heavy songs.
Speaker 10: The just.
Speaker 2: The guests included.
Speaker 6: Wolf finished the lyrics. The guests included Wolfman and hint. There's two other guests.
Speaker 2: And Death included Wolfman, the Devil and Joe Rogun.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the same person?
Speaker 6: Jeff's going for the Devil and Joe Rogan that's you know.
Speaker 9: They were at that party.
Speaker 6: You would have thought, Yeah, I was looking for Dracula and his son the same thing.
Speaker 1: Who's Dracula son? Is that?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 7: Maybe little.
Speaker 6: We're for three? This has been bad. Jose, you can save the whole group.
Speaker 2: Oh I hope I can.
Speaker 6: Here you go, Jose, here's your song.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna go with because I don't know that song at all.
Speaker 6: One word.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the Doodle Doodle.
Speaker 12: Listen to Brook and Jeffrey every morning.
Speaker 6: It's disturbing by Rihanna Jose went with Dee that is, I'm sorry. Better think twice. Your train of thought will be altered. So if you must falter, be wise, no idea.
Speaker 1: Wow oh for four.
Speaker 2: Halloween shows off to a strong start. We got all of our lyrics wrong, so we're all getting shocked while singing Oh mister Brightside by the Killers. We need the lyrics.
Speaker 4: Just surprise, Testy is calling me open.
Speaker 6: I like the songs. It's just one of my favorite I feel like I'm in a college football game.
Speaker 2: That's your shock collar.
Speaker 12: Halloween question of the day, Halloween, More Halloween fun coming out the rest of the.
Speaker 7: Show, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: For people like Brook, celebrating Halloween at work is one of the best events of the entire year with the free candy.
Speaker 1: That's fun, jeff Yeah.
Speaker 9: It's people like you think it's fun.
Speaker 2: With authensive Brookies.
Speaker 1: Complimenting it didn't feel like it though, it don't make it attack it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like all the stuff that they do, the free candy, the costume contests, the zombie kissing.
Speaker 1: Booth, audio me from last year the.
Speaker 2: Seventh time today.
Speaker 9: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I gonna tell you, no one is as supple as undead.
Speaker 2: It's all tongue because they literally don't have lips anymore. But for one of our listeners, Halloween at the office is the absolute worst day of her entire year. Once she tells you about it, maybe you'll understand why she had no choice but to sabotage it.
Speaker 1: Is one of my coworkers. I am going to be upset.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear in a special Halloween edition of The mass Speaker coming up.
Speaker 13: Concession, I can't take back arms.
Speaker 2: Mouse Speaker is anything more horrifying and blood curdling than telling people true story.
Speaker 9: He's from your past.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm scared, not the truth. That's why I don't confess anything true about myself ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, she is scared to do it.
Speaker 2: Luckily, one of our listeners is brave enough to pull it off right here on the mass Speaker, and she's chosen to use the fake name Stephanie today. So Stephanie, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hiye.
Speaker 3: I like how it's brave when you disguise your voice, use a fake name.
Speaker 2: No one does.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are you know what Stephanie?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 1: You not even do thatever.
Speaker 2: Than I ever would, Stephanie. But the voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 14: So for a year company it's been having this Halloween potlut thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our company does that too. We're doing a soup one this year.
Speaker 14: Yeah, everyone wants to bring a Halloween theme. But unfortunately I was put in charge to organize the whole thing, so I got to go around begging people to bring up and sign them up.
Speaker 1: What a terrible job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you should quit your job.
Speaker 14: And the best port is if they didn't sign up, then they'd ask me to make several.
Speaker 1: Things wait for that.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, and like here I am up all night right, I'm making my cake eyeballs zombie brain cupcakes.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, for other people, like I feel like your coworkers are so entitled, of course, and the.
Speaker 14: Thing is I'm impressionate, so I have to bring in, you know, Halloween. Oh the bes of separate hand bacon meatroke.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is there any chance that you work at our company and you're doing it like I know, I never volunteer to make anything.
Speaker 12: We're doing soup, not me low Yeah, yeah, competition, they changed it.
Speaker 3: Remember that one year that someone brought in a dish that looked like cigarette butts.
Speaker 1: It was so gross.
Speaker 3: I don't remember how they did it, but it was like edible cigarette butts on Halloween.
Speaker 1: It was so nasty.
Speaker 2: Creative pole again. Yeah, So Stephanie, I mean they put you through a lot. Clearly you did not like it.
Speaker 7: I hated it.
Speaker 1: So what's the secret?
Speaker 14: So three weeks before last year's potluck, an anonymous complaint came in in the company complaint box. O potluck is incentitive, it's TRAUMATICA this grandfather was killed by cannibals and the congo what ocau?
Speaker 1: So that severed hand meat loaf probably didn't sit well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, brought you right back to that trip through the Amazon.
Speaker 10: What the heck?
Speaker 14: The foods with the body parts are stressful and reminding them of it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, now I kind of get you're thinking, you know who wrote the note?
Speaker 14: I don't know who would have put that in you.
Speaker 2: It's a mystery. Certainly not the person who's vocally like hated it for years.
Speaker 12: Add on to the end, whoever does make all this stuff is a very nice and.
Speaker 1: Good person deserves a race.
Speaker 2: And so what happened after the complaint came out?
Speaker 14: We know the next thing, you know, they canceled the potlat.
Speaker 3: I thought you were so sad, God piec culture at its words, so.
Speaker 14: Super sad, and I'm here ordering simple pizza.
Speaker 15: I have a lot less work to do, like so sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god. So all you got to do to.
Speaker 12: Get a Halloween party canceled at your company is just anonymous complaint?
Speaker 1: It be very specific.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you have any relatives that were eaten by some sort of tribe far away?
Speaker 1: Maybe someone drowned in soup? Since that, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: A like tragic really wonka accident fell into a giant vat of cheddar broccoli.
Speaker 1: Uncle Albert, Yeah, made me rest and tomato soup.
Speaker 11: Peace.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you feel any like guilt or remorse that she kind of got the tradition canceled at your company? Stephanie?
Speaker 14: What I mean? They also took down the scary decorations. It's like more PC, but it's also like and kind of nice.
Speaker 3: She likes it because she's You're probably one that had to put up the decorations to begin with, singing always the one person in the office that does all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: So you know a few of my coworkers, well they were so sad because they were looking forward to the pot if you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't have to do anything and they got free lunch out of here.
Speaker 2: One You're like, yeah, whoever did it? Fess up?
Speaker 1: That person is the worst.
Speaker 2: I hate that grandfather that got himself eaten. Okay, yeah, all right, well, uh you know, I hope you have a happy Hallow Stephanie.
Speaker 14: Oh I would it could be so quiet, I don't get scarred during Christmas.
Speaker 2: To cancel that one too, but text in seven eighty five nine two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you our next mass speaker. You got your phone tab coming up.
Speaker 7: Next freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I know what you're all thinking. Wouldn't it be nice to get senior citizens more involved in Halloween? Yeah, let's get spooky crazy everybody. No not you, Alan, We already had you on a prank the other day. Yeah, no, my man.
Speaker 16: Homie, Alan, just go away listen, I mean, get all the seniors involved in a brand new Halloween tradition.
Speaker 2: That'd be kind of fun. Is it illegal?
Speaker 9: Probably?
Speaker 2: Is it in bad taste? Of course, But that's why. It's a prank phone call, and it's happening right.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Denise.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 10: This is Denise speaking.
Speaker 3: Yes, my name is Sharon Peters from Billy Assisted Living. I'm calling about your father Albert.
Speaker 17: Is everything okay?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, he's fine.
Speaker 3: He's actually really excited about tonight.
Speaker 10: To what's happening.
Speaker 2: What's happening tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's exactly why I'm calling. We're doing a fun event here. It's our first ever senior scare.
Speaker 18: Woo oh okay, that sounds fun. Ye, what exactly is it?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a newer thing we're trying out. We're charging people from the neighborhood businesses to come into our facility after dark and scare your loved ones.
Speaker 10: Who wait, hold on.
Speaker 8: You're telling me that people from the community are coming to pay to scare older people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a reverse hunted house.
Speaker 2: Why are we doing this?
Speaker 3: Well, if I'm gonna be honest, it's because the facility is a little underfunded. Right now, We've already collected five thousand dollars on why.
Speaker 10: Are you underfunded? I'm up to date when it comes to our monthly payment.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, inflation is also scary.
Speaker 10: The whole idea of you scaring my dad's life away. Oh, didn't that have permission for me?
Speaker 3: Actually, he's an adult and he's already signed a release. So ninety percent of our suite residence, they've all agreed to participate.
Speaker 18: Are you you know?
Speaker 10: I just feel as though that this needs to be approved by me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not quite sure why you're so bothered?
Speaker 10: You're not sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe I didn't paint the picture correctly. So imagine your father coming down the hall from Bingo using his walker, you know, the one with the tennis balls on the front.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Okay, you could picture it.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, So, just over by the drinking fountain, there's gonna be a coffin with a big sign that says Albert, come on in, we're waiting for you. Noah, listen when he opens it.
Speaker 1: We've got a skeleton with some of his clothes on.
Speaker 3: No, he's gonna have a great life.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a hoot.
Speaker 6: And here's the thing.
Speaker 3: We're gonna post all the senior jump scares to our facility.
Speaker 1: TikTok page.
Speaker 8: No, what's gonna be a hot is I'm gonna follow a freaking lawsuit against you. Guys.
Speaker 10: The older individuals who have health conditions.
Speaker 3: You will make sure they have all their medication before our big night tonight.
Speaker 10: Okay, this is terrible.
Speaker 3: If you're really that concerned, and it sounds like you are, why don't you come down here before the scare starts.
Speaker 15: Oh, I'll be there in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: You can participate.
Speaker 3: Will dress you up like Satan and have you hide under your dad's bed and grab his legs when he wakes up from his neck.
Speaker 18: No, I'm coming down there right now.
Speaker 10: And we're gonna put ago this.
Speaker 3: I mean, your brother Tommy is going to be down here doing the same thing, so you might as well join him both under his bed.
Speaker 1: Oh man, can you imagine forearms coming out?
Speaker 2: That'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: My brother Tommy, Yeah, because he's a big fan of the show and this is all a big prank phone call.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: This is Brooke from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We're doing a phone tap on you. It's a Halloween phone tap.
Speaker 10: At first, Y, you weren't listening to me.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand why you didn't think it was fun to jump out of closets and scar senior citizens.
Speaker 11: None of this made this, oh my gosh wake up.
Speaker 19: Every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: The only thing scarier than real haunted houses and zombie morgues during this time of year is going inside of a non married man's apartment the morning after a ranging Halloween party.
Speaker 1: I can actually smell it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, are those mushrooms growing in the shower? The other one, one of our listeners, was brave enough to enter, and once she stepped inside her boyfriend's place after a big Halloween party, what she found freaked her out so much that she now needs our help. And I know I wouldn't want to be in her position. For your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. It's coming up next. It's awkward, it's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. How many times on this show have we done something weird happened at a Houeen party and now they're turning to us to fix it for them?
Speaker 1: I think every year at this time, buddy, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Jason Voorhees guy passed out in my bathroom and then he woke up and did some weird stuff with my pumpkin.
Speaker 9: Display, and now I want to call him about it.
Speaker 2: I'm fun problem, not our problem.
Speaker 1: Wait. Wait, that's what we're here for, to help people. I am Jason.
Speaker 2: I'm just sick of doing the same old thing. That's why I am thankful that today one of our listeners, Candace, is turning to us for help because she didn't go to the big Halloween party.
Speaker 1: Oh well that sounds boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, yeah it's different, which I appreciate.
Speaker 9: Now, why does she need our help?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You just like somebody who stays home because that's what you do.
Speaker 2: It's fun. We should probably find it out. Can I just say thank you for not starting drama at a party.
Speaker 9: We appreciate it. You're one of the few.
Speaker 18: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: You better have you better have some drama. Candace. I mean that's the whole point of being on our show.
Speaker 2: Right, what's going on? Why did you email us for help?
Speaker 10: Well, I I have drama, but it doesn't really I mean I didn't start any of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, you're in the middle of someone else's drama.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean it involves me. But I didn't do anything because I didn't go to this party. So my my boyfriend Jarready hosted like this big Halloween party over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you didn't go to your boyfriend's party. What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's what cool people do. Brook, that's weird. Well, she's good for that party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why didn't you go?
Speaker 10: Well, I was supposed to, and he was talking about it for a really long time. He was like, this is going to be the party of the year and all these people were going. My boss called me Saturday morning with like this emergency work and I was so upset, Like I had a costume and everything and I had to miss it.
Speaker 1: So it's just like totally out of your hand.
Speaker 9: I hope you quit your job.
Speaker 1: That's what people could afford to do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I could have quit my job.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you didn't go.
Speaker 10: I did not go so I had to visit, and a couple of days later I went to his place and I was grabbing some of my stuff that was there, and he wasn't home, but the place was a mess from the parties. They were like solo cups everywhere, just like garbage everywhere.
Speaker 3: And days after the party still got solo cups.
Speaker 6: That's how men live to the worst.
Speaker 2: Room.
Speaker 1: It lives here.
Speaker 2: Don't touch my pizza box, like all that stuff.
Speaker 10: Never it would have been there till Christmas if I hadn't even go.
Speaker 3: Okay, red Flag number one boyfriends, he's lucky that he has you can that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. So you cleaned for him?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no, thank god, girl. I show some cups away, But like, I didn't do it like that the hoose I don't even know. Like, so I went to get some of my stuff and I go into Jared's room and I see like on the floor this sexy schoolgirl.
Speaker 2: Costume in his bedroom.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I was like, oh, was he like a schoolgirl?
Speaker 5: Like it?
Speaker 10: And I pick it up because I thought maybe it was.
Speaker 12: His one more time Britney spears, Yeah, right.
Speaker 10: Which would be funny, I guess. But like it was clearly a woman's size costume, like it's really small.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there's a chance that, like somebody went into his bedroom to hook up.
Speaker 1: Like it doesn't mean that he necessarily hooked up.
Speaker 10: I guess, but like he didn't know I was coming over to get my stuff. I have the clode to his door, so I guarantee you that would not have been there if he knew that I was coming over.
Speaker 1: Oh that feels bad.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to think of more things to defend him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm literally going through my brain of like the Rolodex of excuses, even like hey.
Speaker 12: Does he have a sister? Like it's still weird.
Speaker 8: Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe if somebody randomly went he had no idea.
Speaker 1: Wait did you ask him about it?
Speaker 10: I didn't, So I actually I have the costume. I took it with me because I wanted to confront him with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, drama girl show up wearing it. See what he says, He's going to be so confused his brain. But I like it and I don't like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just wanted to have it as proof to be like here you go and show it to him. But I think I changed my mind, because my friend was like, you are not going to be able to control yourself and you need guidance something this.
Speaker 1: So are you think he'd cheated on you that night? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 15: I actually I don't know, because I've been cheated on before in the past. I mean we've been dating a little while, obviously, like I have the coach in his house, Like I'm I was supposed to go to his party with a brief thing that I didn't, So it's not I really have no idea.
Speaker 2: You said you've been dating for a little while. How long is a little while?
Speaker 10: We've been dating like a year?
Speaker 2: Ok, Okay, that's long enough.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah that's what I thought. So, like, I know, stuff happened to parties, But if this happened and he really did cheat on me, like that's unacceptable and over that's a good boundary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that break up. So you're looking for a little bit of advice before we call your boyfriend here and try and ask him about this costume you found.
Speaker 10: If I confront him and this really happened and he had like excuses on any backup, because I'm just I'm going to lose my mind. I'm just not going to be able to control myself.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean I feel like we're pretty good at spotted liars.
Speaker 18: Well, there's four of.
Speaker 12: Us, so at least one of us will figure it out.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can spot him.
Speaker 2: Half of the people in this room will be able to help you. We're not sure about the other half, but we'll come back give you a little advice and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. I feel like we've been getting a lot of these lately where one of our listeners is accusing somebody of cheating and they want to go through us to try and figure out if it's true or not. It's hard because it puts us in such a weird situation because what advice are we supposed to give them, like, oh, yeah, you should trick your significant other, or you know, we'll put Brook on the line and have her pretend that she's the other woman.
Speaker 1: I know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: I left my waitress out at your party when we spent a romantic evening together.
Speaker 1: Did you call a sexy schoolgirls.
Speaker 2: See, there's a reason that we don't do this. So I guess is that going to be your advice for Canvas today?
Speaker 1: I wish I would have thought of that.
Speaker 9: Jack, Come, what is your advice?
Speaker 2: Because we're about to call her boyfriend and confront him about the sexy school outfit that we found in his bedroom.
Speaker 1: Listen, you need to be vague.
Speaker 9: Ve what's vavague?
Speaker 3: So like when you begue, begue, So when you when we call him, because he doesn't know that you were at his apartment, all you need to say is listen, I found something in your apartment. And then silence. Okay, silence is the killer here. You cannot fill in the blank for him. You need to him to be uncomfy, and then that's going to prove that he's guilty.
Speaker 2: Good idea of full of silence.
Speaker 3: That's gonna prove he's guilty if he knows exactly what she's talking about without her saying it, or he's gonna be totally clueless, And then that gives you hope, like, oh, maybe this is innocent, Cannice.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts.
Speaker 10: I don't know if he's gonna respond to silence, like I don't he.
Speaker 1: Should trying to people do this in cars. You pretend you found something and yeah, Brooke.
Speaker 2: Maybe take some of your own advice.
Speaker 12: Right now, I'm opposite of Brook. Guys are way too vague. The second he gets on the phone, it's.
Speaker 2: I found the outfit.
Speaker 6: I know what you did.
Speaker 12: You better tell me everything that happened, miss Dart.
Speaker 9: Okay, just confront him with the truth.
Speaker 1: Yes, and scream and scream.
Speaker 2: Okay, Candice about that strategy.
Speaker 10: That would be like my gut reaction. But I also don't want to like start out screaming.
Speaker 2: Genuine or fake. Maybe started a whisper and slowly build up I found everything.
Speaker 9: I know what you did it that'll freak him out.
Speaker 1: She doesn't even know for sure that anything.
Speaker 12: Well, maybe there's some sweet spot in the middle of being ultra vague and ultra direct.
Speaker 1: Not maybe there probably is.
Speaker 2: So let's goldilocks it not too hot, not too cold.
Speaker 9: We'll do it just right for your.
Speaker 2: Awkward call, little yelling, little trickery.
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, I like that. I think she's like.
Speaker 1: Why did my friend tell me to call this show for help?
Speaker 2: All right, but we're gonna be here for you just in case you need us. I'm gonna die your boyfriend Jared, and we'll step away. Let you make your awkward call.
Speaker 10: All right, okay, oh god, okay.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 18: Hello, Hi, what's up? Oh? Hey, sorry I didn't know it was you.
Speaker 10: All right, Yeah, so what's up? How's how's work and everything?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 18: Everything was good? Everything worked with fine, got a lot accomplished.
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 13: What's you up to?
Speaker 7: Nothing?
Speaker 10: Nothing, I'm just like doing work. I just took a break. So I'm like, I'm just chilling for a minute.
Speaker 18: Are you okay? You sound like you're down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just like, I don't know, I just feeling weird. How was How was the weekend? How's the party?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 18: I mean was okay?
Speaker 11: We have a random people come by, like some dudes I didn't know. I had to keep my eyes on them to make sure they didn't sneak anything. But other than that, everything was good and we had a pretty good time.
Speaker 10: Did did anything crazy happened or like?
Speaker 13: Was?
Speaker 10: It was like just normal? It was a regular party. Did anybody like stay over or whatever?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 11: Just the regular party? I mean, Noah did crash on the couch and h Mickey fell asleep over the porch with his inflatable dinosaur costume.
Speaker 18: That was pretty fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that sounds pretty crazy. Did any girls stay over?
Speaker 18: Mm uh not that I know of. Mhm okay, what what? What?
Speaker 13: I don't understand.
Speaker 10: I just I think I feel like you're lying to me.
Speaker 11: He line about what about a girl staying over?
Speaker 18: A girl?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 18: Girl?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: That's why I'm asking you if a girl stayed over. I'm asking you if a girl stayed over.
Speaker 18: I am so confused right now? What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: Did a girl stay over? And who was it?
Speaker 18: No? No, with no girl?
Speaker 8: What do you mean?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 10: I okay. I went to pick up some of my stuff and I found a sexy schoolgirl outfit in your bedroom, Jared, I found it on the floor. Wait and if you really been there?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 18: Hold on, wait a minute.
Speaker 8: No, wait what?
Speaker 15: Wait?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 10: There's only one explanation for it, So just tell me who stayed over?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 13: Wait?
Speaker 11: A sexy school girl outfit? Yes, with a little plant skirt?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 18: Do you know what looks like?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: I want to know who he is.
Speaker 18: I want to know who the Are you serious right now?
Speaker 10: I am dead serious?
Speaker 8: I want to know her name, Jared.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 18: First of all, you need to calm down.
Speaker 11: Wow, do not tell me to calm down.
Speaker 10: Do not tell me to calm down. What is her name? Tell me where her name is?
Speaker 18: Hope? Oh boy, you needs to relax.
Speaker 8: Grew up.
Speaker 10: Okay, just stop selling. I know that you're trying to figure out how to get out of this. You have no excuse. I found it on the floor. I have it in my possessions.
Speaker 13: And tell me who it was.
Speaker 18: Okay, her name is Toby? What Toby? Yeah? Toby, my damn dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a good girlfriend named to.
Speaker 13: The costume.
Speaker 10: I found it on the floor in your room up and.
Speaker 18: I have stup tucking. What the hell is going on with these other people?
Speaker 11: Who is it?
Speaker 7: Ye? Hi?
Speaker 2: Jer, Yeah, we're the other people on the phone were a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Yeah, we're all wearing school glout fits.
Speaker 13: Oh this is.
Speaker 3: Boot It makes you look really good.
Speaker 2: We were trying to help out Candace because she found the schoolgirl outfit. You're telling us that it belongs to your dog. You dress your dog as a sexy schoolgirl for Halloween.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 18: Make your sound kind of weird.
Speaker 2: But yes, Jeff makes everything sound weird. No't worry.
Speaker 18: Last year my dog was a sexy nurse. Every year I'll see to dress up my dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Toby's got to say.
Speaker 2: Something's going on there, but I think it's.
Speaker 13: Junus.
Speaker 2: Do you believe him that it's his dog's outfit.
Speaker 10: First of all, it's not a dog costume, because when I took it home, I put it on to see what size it was so I can try to figure out whose.
Speaker 2: It was, and you try to fit you.
Speaker 1: Do you have a you a big chunky dog or something. Maybe maybe Toby's a great date.
Speaker 10: He does have a bigger dog. But like, it's not a dog costume.
Speaker 11: I can I'm buying a dog costume. I'm buying a sexy adult costume. It looks better on my doggie.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it makes sense.
Speaker 1: With a skirt, you don't need a tail area, right.
Speaker 3: Like it just open open and then the little shirt with the tie.
Speaker 2: It's so cute.
Speaker 11: I can show you picture it from this year, last year, and the year before my dog had Please, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: For proof, I just want to see it. I mean Canda.
Speaker 3: You've got to believe him now if he's willing to show you photographs of it.
Speaker 10: I I don't even know what to say. I would like to see the pictures.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's okay to be a little embarrassed. I'd be a little embarrassed too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the pictures might not prove anything because he could just hop in his car, go down somewhere and take photos of his dogs. Well, I guess she has the costume.
Speaker 1: She has the costume.
Speaker 2: He was taking a picture. There was a naked girl in the bathroom.
Speaker 18: I'm not lying.
Speaker 11: It's true. I'm telling you. All my friends will back me up and show you that I am not lying.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it's totally understandable, Candace. Why you may have thought.
Speaker 1: He was cheating on you after finding.
Speaker 2: The costume on his floor, but now we know it's for his male dog.
Speaker 1: Toby or female dog Toby.
Speaker 9: That's true.
Speaker 18: Female?
Speaker 1: What what was that you?
Speaker 18: Female?
Speaker 2: Female? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, someone did a dog?
Speaker 2: Sound back there, Candace, where's your head at you're feeling okay?
Speaker 10: I do feel a little better. I'm still like kind of wired from this whole thing, But you know that I can share clothes with the dog.
Speaker 2: We'll do it.
Speaker 6: Who wore it?
Speaker 18: Better think you got the pictures.
Speaker 1: Canda is never going to be able to see a school girl out.
Speaker 7: It's freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: It's probably the number one question we get asked every single year, as early as mid July. People want to know what will the cast and crew of Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning wear for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, rest assured.
Speaker 2: That question will finally be answered in minutes when we come back and reveal our group Halloween costume for twenty twenty three and find out who's dressed as what? Who forgot it was Halloween today and had to throw an outfit.
Speaker 9: Together just this morning.
Speaker 2: Whose costume has an easy access flap and a very odd location? Jeffrey, it's all coming up.
Speaker 9: We're all feeling.
Speaker 2: Itchy and weird places today, and not for our usual reason. When Brooke forces us to rub the pumpkin spice icy hot all over her body, it's because it's because of the costumes that we're in. And I'm a little surprised that I'm the only one that went homemade this year. I have been sewing and stitching this since August. So I'm a little disappointed in the rest of you. But every year, going back just over a decade, we've always dressed up for this, But we used to each do our own thing until a couple of years ago when we started a brand new tradition of coordinating a group show costume.
Speaker 1: Loved it.
Speaker 2: In the first year we did it, we were Scooby Doo in the Gang and we spent the day trying to solve the mystery of what happened to Jeff's pants?
Speaker 9: Where did they go?
Speaker 1: We all knew where they were.
Speaker 9: It was pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe digital Jake will throw some old photos up there from our past years when you go see us at Brook and Jeffrey. But then last year we dressed as the Harry Potter crew. Yes, snogging our way through Hogwarts.
Speaker 1: Dude, I was a very hairy hagrid.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, bok hagrid after lap belt, certainly.
Speaker 9: Much skinniers.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of pressure because the costumes have been pretty good the past two years and everyone was wondering what are we going to be this year?
Speaker 1: Oh, we let people vote. Yeah, you got so many suggestions in with great ideas.
Speaker 2: Thank you for all your feedback. It's seventy five nights you for texting in, and I guess it's time to announce it. I'm gonna leave the honors to Jose to tell everyone who we are for Halloween this year.
Speaker 12: There's a drum.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing dramatic.
Speaker 1: We are Super Mario Worlds.
Speaker 6: We're the MI.
Speaker 2: So we're just gonna go around the room real quick and say who we are. And make sure to check out our socials at Brook and Jeffrey to see all the pictures and the videos that we've been making for the day. I'm so luch, but we'll start with the Alexis. Who are you?
Speaker 1: I'm Princess p who you've always wanted to be. I feel like royalty today, so please treat me like this.
Speaker 2: She's got like the bright pink dress on and little crown. Yeah, probably should have tanned a little bit more for this.
Speaker 1: You get them.
Speaker 6: I'm sure all.
Speaker 2: The tanning appointments were booked. I know it's hard being a princess these days. Check out Meggane Markle's book. Anyway, who are You? I'm Bowser, the sexiest in the Mario Kingdom. Actually it's pretty.
Speaker 12: Tight around my crotch.
Speaker 2: I've had my hands over it doesn't leave a lot to the imagination.
Speaker 12: Surely bowsercize in the room and I will say it's very cold.
Speaker 1: Is that the issue? Bowser's a liar?
Speaker 2: And Brook tell the audience who you are.
Speaker 7: It's a.
Speaker 2: Brook Is Mario Brook. You always make your own costumes? And what went into it this year? How many orphans did you have to hire to put this one together?
Speaker 7: This one?
Speaker 3: I actually I got a red shirt from old Maybe I got some cute that I will wear a kin thank you?
Speaker 1: Overall, d cover look was so good on me. But it is.
Speaker 3: And I find a brown wig because you know you can't be blonde Mario. That's like, yes, But as much as we joke about my body hair, I've never had this much hair on my upper lip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 7: I don't know why you.
Speaker 1: Guys do this. It's like I can't really move my upper lip, like.
Speaker 3: I want to get I want to use something to see if anything gets left in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, film one of those videos. As for me, I am dressed as Mario's younger and more sexually active brother.
Speaker 1: I don't think I.
Speaker 3: Realized that they were pudgy and You're out. Came with quite the belly, it.
Speaker 2: Came with inside made.
Speaker 3: It's so funny to think of the first Halloween I spent with you where you were topless, and then this one who we'd do at the Dad Body come a long way.
Speaker 2: And it's not just us who are dressed up. The whole Brook and Jeffrey team is. We have Digital Jake who is dressed as warrior stomach is bad, looks pregnant, huge, Technical director Ashton is Yoshi.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so cute.
Speaker 2: And we have editor Ashley dressed as shrooms.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, it's total Oh yeah, okay, that makes way more sense.
Speaker 2: I just thought she was leaning into her personality.
Speaker 1: Just producer boy, it's my favorite.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you producer boy.
Speaker 2: He never dresses up for Halloween with all. He throws on a mask, black towel one. It's like I'm a ghoulie. Yeah. He's never been part of like the group costume before. He does an amazing Donkey Kong.
Speaker 3: It is so good the pictures and we just played Mario Kart.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we've done a bunch of like games and stuff. Right before that we did for video and so what was the funnest one.
Speaker 12: Do you guys think, Oh, oh, the TikTok video was amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh the dance one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a dancing TikTok with everybody.
Speaker 1: I liked Mario Kart, except it was I had to eat the bananas before we threw the banana peel.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to tell you I could only get two of those bad boys down easy.
Speaker 1: I mean you go with well, I ate all three by I think a lot of them. Foh, and Bowser ran me into walls, so I'm not re coordinating.
Speaker 2: If you want to see Brook and Alexis downing bananas, hole, I guess, go to our TikTok atismatic diabetic trium.
Speaker 3: Say between the bananas and Josey's inappropriate costume.
Speaker 12: We're getting this attraction online, maybe out a Black Barty.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to see and a lot you probably don't want to see, but again to go check it out, head over to our TikTok or Instagram, our Facebook, everything at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 12: As a gamer, I just want to say you did the game of community. Proud guys.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: I think you did all right. Texting to seventy five nine two if you've seen the costumes. What do you think? Happy Halloween, everybody. Yeah, we're gonna do a Halloween phone tap right.
Speaker 7: After this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: The entire point of going to a haunted house during Halloween season is to get the adrenaline going. Oh yeah, you get the heart pumping by putting a little bit of fear in.
Speaker 6: You know it's fake.
Speaker 1: It's still so scared.
Speaker 2: But there's one guy out there who's physically incapable of feeling fear. Oh he's a former Black Op soldier with the British Special Forces named Clover.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how this person and Jose are the same people.
Speaker 2: You think opposite of me is Clover? Yeah, Clover was so unimpressed with the haunted house he visited over the weekend. He needs to call him up and tell them exactly how not scary the whole experience was. It's your phone tapp featuring Clover right now.
Speaker 17: It's the Speaky Days Haunted House. This is Cameron.
Speaker 10: How can I help you?
Speaker 4: Who do I need to speak to about getting a full refund?
Speaker 17: Oh refund? I'd be happy to help him. Sorry to hear that you're a you need one? What happened exactly?
Speaker 4: Well, I went through with you Cora haunted house, and hopefully you can hear the air quotes in me voice.
Speaker 17: So before we handle this refund, could I get your name so I can look you up. My name's Clover, Clover, just like a four leaf clover.
Speaker 4: See, yeah, just like that, because I'm lucky to be alive. Your last name, sir, that's classified information. You can just call me Clover.
Speaker 17: Well, I guess we can come back to that then, So could you tell me what the problem was?
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't a problem. That's the problem.
Speaker 17: I'm not really following you. Could you elaborate?
Speaker 4: Of course? Let's talk about the blood splatter on the walls. Okay, looked like the drawing my little nephew made on my sister's fridge. What am I supposed to react?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, that sunflower was gonna hug me. That's scary at all.
Speaker 17: So are you saying you're you're upset about the decorations on the wall.
Speaker 4: What that's just the tip of the Bayonna. You think anyone will believe that someone really got murdered here?
Speaker 17: I hope not.
Speaker 4: I've seen real blood, sun Oh, I know what it smells like. What, well, I know what it tastes like.
Speaker 18: Rose.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the embarrassment you kind an autopsy room, sir.
Speaker 17: You understand it's not an actual autopsy room, right, what.
Speaker 2: I do now?
Speaker 4: You didn't even try to trick us. I mean the glass bottles with all the brains and the organs in them. What a color? Was way off? Look like apple juice to me.
Speaker 17: Well, sounds like you have a good eye, sir, because I'm pretty sure it is apple juice.
Speaker 4: I know I tasted it.
Speaker 17: Wait what you tasted it?
Speaker 4: I was parched with boredom, and that's why it's your fault.
Speaker 17: I'm not sure how I can help you today, sir.
Speaker 4: Is there, I'm here trying to help you, mate, all right, about this embarrassing thing that you call a production or a haunted house.
Speaker 17: I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy yourself, sir, but there are a lot of reviews online that say it's the scariest haunted house in the city.
Speaker 4: Huh, And you almost made me enough?
Speaker 17: Almost, Okay, I've.
Speaker 4: Been more scared walking through a meadow of flowers, sip and tea, playing with a towny. Puppy, mate, that's.
Speaker 17: An oddly specific example.
Speaker 4: It's a distraction. Mate. You're playing with a puppy, right, you let your go down. Next thing, you know, red dots on your forehead, Snorpa seven o'clock. Third thing, you can block the shot with this cute little puppy.
Speaker 17: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: What God won't save you, son, You've got to save yourself.
Speaker 17: This is weird, okay, and I'm not really sure how I can help you other than I suppose I could go ahead and process a refund. But in order to do that, Sir, I would need you to bring your receipt to our location.
Speaker 4: What do you mean bring back?
Speaker 17: I'm still here where you're in the Haunted House.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to tell you where I am, but I spent the night in the deserted orphanage area.
Speaker 18: Sir.
Speaker 17: We don't have a deserted orphanage in the Haunted House.
Speaker 4: You do know?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 17: I am so confused right now.
Speaker 2: I am totally kidding.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 9: This is jose for Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: In the morning, we're doing a phone tap on.
Speaker 17: You, now that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners emailed us about your Haunted house.
Speaker 12: Actually saying it was one of the best they've ever been to. So we wanted to prank you in say congrats, you guys are doing a great job.
Speaker 17: Well thanks man, but geez, I've got goosebumps. You scared the crap out of me.
Speaker 4: You still forgot there's one more olphan in the Haunted house, and it's me.
Speaker 17: Yikes, you know we might have to leave one orphan behind.
Speaker 4: I don't blame you.
Speaker 19: Bro the week up every morning was tap week the twenties, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I have a question for the ladies in the room. Okay, Jose feel free to weigh in. Is it smart after you ask a guy to come home with you to leave him alone, as in home alone, like you're just.
Speaker 1: Gonna leave the house over and then you're just gonna bail. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, not like not like the movie Homeline and leave a guy by himself at your place for any extended period.
Speaker 1: Of time, Like if I'm taking my family to Paris, Sure, do.
Speaker 2: You trust that nothing bad or weird is going to happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I'm inviting him back to my place I just met, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hope that they cook something for me. Yeah, it makes something. What are they going to steal? I have to have something nice to steal. When I was dating, I didn't even have a TV.
Speaker 12: That's true, because you're married now, you don't have anything exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you underestimate how perverted and weird men can be if they're left.
Speaker 9: To their own airbrush and just see.
Speaker 2: That was the first idea in my head. I know exactly because one of our listeners took a guy back to her house and only left him there for a couple minutes. Yeah, himself, by himself, and what happened in that short time was enough to have him changing his mind and wanting to leave. No brook that normally happens to you after you lose your shirt, no clothes, or even lost here. You're gonna find out what happened in your second date update, next second date updated. I remember, back when I was in college, one of my favorite days of the week was Tuesday nights because that's when one of the local pubs did their bar trivia nights.
Speaker 1: I thought, for sure, you're gonna go with tacos. So that is shocking to me.
Speaker 2: I like beer and questions okay, and I remember one epic battle between my team, the Quizards of Oz versus Blood Sweat and Beers. Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I may go with Blood Sweat.
Speaker 2: It always came down to the wire and I could never remember which appendage Einstein left in a jar.
Speaker 9: But it was always good times no matter what we guess.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: The thing is out of all the memories I made, I never ended up meeting a date while I.
Speaker 3: Was there, but that's currently think you met dates in college? If I remember from your story your team name?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, okay, you guys are not allowed on my trip. I'm just saying. One of our listeners apparently did. Her name is Blair. She's here with us right now. Blair, how you doing?
Speaker 8: Hey? How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Did you just come on the show to teach Jeffrey some lessons about how to meet people and trivia nights?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Because mine was like a total accident.
Speaker 12: Okay, am I getting ahead of myself?
Speaker 4: I have to know what was your trivia team name?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's kind of an inside joke.
Speaker 1: But bubble guppies, bubble guppies, okay, kids show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, you don't see them coming up as a champion.
Speaker 2: All I want to know.
Speaker 9: So, who who did you meet while you were at Trivia Night?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So a friend and I we were just having a drink at a bar that's close to my home and this guy, Kurt and one of his friends, they were just sitting next to us, and honestly, I had no idea what was Trivia Knight.
Speaker 1: That's happened to me before. We were like, I'm here on the right night totally.
Speaker 8: And so they announced it and and they just kind of looked over us and we're like, hey, you want to join our team? And we're like sure, why not?
Speaker 2: Did you join his team because he was good looking or because he looked smart?
Speaker 8: I would say both. Oh I think you could be both on looking man like smart.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I think they go together.
Speaker 1: But I like.
Speaker 9: Glasses Soka. How did that go?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I mean we didn't win, like I don't think I've ever won trivia, but we had a lot of fun. You know, it was entertaining, and there's like time in between the questions, and so we learned a little bit about each other.
Speaker 2: And but that's drinking time in between the questions.
Speaker 1: You just don't talk to anybody. You just chug your beer else sweet question.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to do trivia and that I wouldn't go.
Speaker 1: To a ball explained so much. Okay, so you really connected with him?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I totally did. Like I said, he's cute and he's studying to be an architect and that that was cool.
Speaker 1: Like did you did it feel flirty? Ever?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: Totally so. I I told him they wo'd be fun some time for him to take me on a walk around and explain some of the buildings in our neighborhood and what And he was like, yeah, sure, why.
Speaker 2: Not so good? Sorry I was I was just looking at Alexis's face.
Speaker 9: You said we're gonna take a walk around the neighborhood and.
Speaker 2: Learn about building was just making sure I heard that, right, that's it you want to.
Speaker 8: And so he invited me out and they walked around one evening and so.
Speaker 1: It was a it was a nighttime stroll, the end of the day type of thing. Are you even seeing anything then.
Speaker 3: The light is still out? And lead to like a bar to get a dream.
Speaker 8: I mean, it was suffer coul because we actually we walked by this old movie theater towards the end of that part and and like you want to see all the lights on the Marquee and whatnot. But we took some pictures. We had fun, and I told him, if you want to see something really cool, I live in one of the oldest houses in the city.
Speaker 3: The whole thing was just to set up to get back to your place, and I love it.
Speaker 2: Why did you jump right to that history? Was that? Was that a pickup line or did you actually want him to come check out your old building?
Speaker 8: Well, I need a little I don't know. Like he picked up. I was like, later, you invited me back to your place, you know, and we're being kind of flirting, and I was like, yeah, now for that reason though, like I think you'll think it's really cool.
Speaker 9: Okay, So we did.
Speaker 8: He was like, fine, yeah, let's go check it out. My roommates were all out that evening, and so I was able to kind of show him everything, all the details of the different bedrooms. I mean, it's like one of those big old houses that has like incredible details and windows and archways.
Speaker 2: And let's get to the park that Brook wants to him.
Speaker 8: Well, so we were hanging out for like forty five minutes and then I asked him, Hey, do you want to stay a little longer. I can make us a drink, and he said he had to get home to take a dog out, and.
Speaker 10: I was like, okay, I think you messed up.
Speaker 3: You had to start the drink at the beginning, like, not after five minutes, because maybe you're tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're sober.
Speaker 8: You're probably right. I don't know, like honestly, from the way the conversation was going, because it's like it wasn't like we were just talking about architecture the whole time, like we talked about our families and other things we like to do, and so I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's kind of weird. It sounds like you made a deep connection with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like too deep.
Speaker 12: I know that sounds dumb, but like maybe he literally just thinks this will be a good study buddy, but not maybe a good girl.
Speaker 9: Yeah you know, yeah, exactly like a friend zone.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he found another woman who lives in an even older It's possible. I don't know. Let's find out. We're gonna call Kurt and we'll ask him what happened when we get your second date update. Second date Update A steamy bar trivia night turned into a sexy architecture tour at night, which turned into a possible hookup at an old house that turned out to be no hookup, with the guy walking out saying, I gotta leave and put my dog back in that really he had to, he had to go get his dog. Okay, but not the way that our listener Blair hoped that the evening would go. But we're hoping maybe on the second time around, things can go even better and we can let that dog out, yes, roam free. Are you guys not understanding that I've literally said word for word what Blair told us.
Speaker 12: We got to feed the dog eventually.
Speaker 1: It feels kind of weird, but yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 9: Blair got me.
Speaker 1: I know, Blair has you back right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm a little.
Speaker 2: Speechless from how perfect that description was, obviously, but confuses a lot of bottom line is we're about to call Kurt here and try and figure out what's been going on since you last saw it.
Speaker 8: Okay, that would be great.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: I think just like the temple of your date kind of got too slow at the end there.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's pick up the tempo and just style the phone number right now.
Speaker 13: Too fast. Hello.
Speaker 9: Hey is this Kurt?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want to take over?
Speaker 12: I don't know why, just the history I've ever said Hi, But Hi Kurt. Apparently I'm excited to talk to you.
Speaker 2: You're on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: Welcome to our show. Jose, Jose here too.
Speaker 2: I just spaced out the phone.
Speaker 13: Did win some tickets or something?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, sorry, man. We're calling because we heard that you have an hence interest in architecture.
Speaker 1: We're doing an architecture segment of podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing a whole week on segment about cool architects. Yeah, the worst morning show. What are you talking about?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, guys, no offense, but uh I'm busy now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Okay, time get to the point.
Speaker 2: I forget his serious architect type, Kurt. We're trying to get some help for one of our listeners named Blair, that you've seen a couple of times apparently over the last few weeks.
Speaker 13: What about her?
Speaker 9: Okay, that was a little cold.
Speaker 1: You are hard to read, sir, very direct.
Speaker 2: Well, she told us that she had a nice time hanging out with you at Bar Trivia and doing the little architecture tour around the city.
Speaker 3: Going back to her place and checking out all the pieces.
Speaker 13: Of what the what all theo going back to her place and checking out all the what.
Speaker 1: Like the stuff in her house.
Speaker 2: The walls, yeah, the the molding, that's what I got, doorframes, I don't know what our Hey.
Speaker 13: I going back to this girl's house and she's you know, everything's cool. And she's like, I gotta take a phone call. And I'm like okay, because she's like whatever, just gonna make her up at home. I was like, cool, it's a big house.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what she said. She has a bunch of roommates.
Speaker 13: Like, how's a dope older. From the outside, it's cool, But I started going through this house and they all are probably gonna believe me. But the craziest things start happening in her house. So I'm talking about like the channel on the TV would just randomly change. You're talking about this kind of older, big house. It was super cold, the windows were closed.
Speaker 3: When she stepped out of the room to take a phone call, you got scared.
Speaker 13: I felt like I felt like there's gonna be like this little white girl with long hair covering her face pop out of closet, Are you joking?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: No, And that's the problems. It's one of those things you know where y'all are gonna think I'm joking. Y'all go to old girl's house and see how the off field.
Speaker 2: I really, I don't think you're joking. I just I'm trying to understand so that the TV changed the channel and there is a light draft.
Speaker 13: A door opened and closed by itself.
Speaker 1: You guys architect old houses.
Speaker 3: I grew up in a house that was built in nineteen ten. Like old houses are drafty, things are not settled correctly, floors are on it.
Speaker 13: But it wasn't built on the side of a hill. You know. The door's not gonna randomly closed.
Speaker 10: But the thing is like I bring this.
Speaker 13: Up to her and she's just like, yeah, it's an old house. It happens sometimes, And I'm like, excuse me, what did you see? It happened sometimes?
Speaker 7: WHOA?
Speaker 3: So you're you're not calling claireback because you think her house is haunted.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you should have been a detective. It's pretty good work.
Speaker 1: What I mean. It's not that I don't believe in ghosts.
Speaker 3: It just seems like a silly reason not to go out with when she can't control ghosts in her own house.
Speaker 1: She's like sicking the ghosts on you while you're out of the room.
Speaker 13: And I know, like the crazy thing is, guys, I say all that, and I mean at the end of the day it was kind of hot, but still I'm not going to go out there. I can't. I can't. It's too weird.
Speaker 9: So you're saying Blair is hot, but ghosts are not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well you don't make fun of him for being a detective.
Speaker 13: And let me just take let me just take a let me just take a wild Yeah. She's been listening in them this entire time.
Speaker 9: Okay, Kurt, so you have heard our show before?
Speaker 8: Hi, Oh my god, I had no idea. I remember he brought it up once and I just like, I don't know, I just shrugged it off. It's like, when you live in it, you practically forget it's even a thing.
Speaker 12: What is that that your house is haunted?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean like it's this little stuff. Like he said, did you know you're that door just still coming closed? And I was like, oh, yeah, yeah, that happens all the time. It's no big deal all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm so scared of girls. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: God, it's not scary, like it's so kurt.
Speaker 9: Why don't you talk to Blair about this?
Speaker 13: I know you know what me and your house both have in common. I have no idea we're both ghosts.
Speaker 1: You you're ghosting. You're like Joe.
Speaker 2: You already ghosted. Now you can't double ghost?
Speaker 1: He did you hang up?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: He hung up?
Speaker 12: That he hung up?
Speaker 9: What a jury?
Speaker 11: Weird?
Speaker 1: Honestly weird, Claire.
Speaker 3: That was not the personality I expected of the dude you went out with.
Speaker 1: You met Trivia. Yeah, that you I talked about architecture with for an.
Speaker 8: Hour, Like all of that was so weird. That was not the guy I hung out with.
Speaker 2: I think he was obviously spooked. I'm just wondering, Blair, is your house really haunted? Or do just weird things happen there sometimes?
Speaker 7: At Oh?
Speaker 8: I mean it's on it. Like I've talked. There's this little kid Annie who like guide loses.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's friendly ghosts.
Speaker 8: So I consider her the more fun playful thing, like when you see something roll across the floor or like something more of mischievous stuff, like my phone was on that table and now it's on a different table, like when.
Speaker 3: Inanimate objects just happened to move across the.
Speaker 2: Rooms, flying across and embeds in the walls, Like, Annie, are you playing with me again?
Speaker 8: I've never seen it move. It's like you'll leave the room and then you'll come back and it'll be like that, or you know, like with her. We know because every once in a while you'll hear coughing and you know that's.
Speaker 9: Oh, that's the TV. That's the TV.
Speaker 2: So are you saying are you saying that there's other ghosts that live in the house too?
Speaker 8: It's this other line. They call him mister Sampson and like he is this old, angry drunk.
Speaker 1: How do you know that?
Speaker 8: We've just been told stories that have I guess been passed down by people who have lived there over the years.
Speaker 3: The storage house wouldn't bring people back there to hook up.
Speaker 1: Knowing there's ghost watching you. People may be into it. Like if you just give him a heads up beforehand.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can get wingmanned by a ghost.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure little Annie isn't in the room. He needs to have a bad time, Blair.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that Kurt was such a weenie about this and it's so afraid of ghosts. But there is somebody on this show who absolutely loves them, and he is single. His name is Jose Ghosts. Well, he hasn't met Annie yet. I think the changes his cold heart. Blair.
Speaker 9: We would love to send you out with Jose on dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll pay for that date, a one on one with Jose.
Speaker 9: At your old house.
Speaker 2: No, guys, come on, if you don't like Blairry can always go out with any you like.
Speaker 3: Young, I'm sorry, and thirties.
Speaker 12: You guys are trying to give me haunted or possessed or.
Speaker 3: Something, trying to get you something that might be good for you.
Speaker 7: It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: When it is Halloween today, and that means every question for Windbrooks Box will be Halloween.
Speaker 1: I'm so shocked. I had no idea this was coming.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we have a first time caller on Halloween. His name is Doug. He's a swim coach. He works at a local hospital and he is a father to two children, aged ten and eight.
Speaker 9: Welcome to the show, Doug.
Speaker 1: Good morning man, tonight's their night. How do you guys do trick or treating? What's your strategy.
Speaker 17: Well, they're a little bit older, so they want to go out with their buddies.
Speaker 18: Yeah, no, Mom's gonna stay back and hang out, Candy.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna walk around with them and their friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're leading the group, though, you're gonna you follow behind, and you just hope they don't get hit by a car.
Speaker 17: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, are you the type of dad that brings along some libations for the trick or treat for yourself?
Speaker 13: Exactly?
Speaker 18: Them hanging out in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are some houses in my neighborhood that tonight will pass out many shots. Oh yeah, my kids have the best job.
Speaker 12: Mom's got one and my kids got Maaka.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it's going to go out to get some of the free stuff out in the lobby. And while she leaves, Doug, you know the game where it's thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win.
Speaker 9: Are you ready?
Speaker 10: I am?
Speaker 2: Good luck member all Halloween themed questions. Your time starts now. Chicken feed was the original name for what popular Halloween candy candy Colin what famous Disney Halloween movie was almost called Halloween House In medieval Europe, hearing the call of what bird on Halloween meant someone was about to die? How many pieces of candy does the average house give to a trigger treater?
Speaker 17: Three?
Speaker 2: In the horror movie franchise Halloween, What's the name of the killer? Michael Myers On an average year, what cities Halloween Parade draws more than two million spectators?
Speaker 17: Chicago?
Speaker 2: Ooh, Doug, those questions like a pro. You'd never know it was your first time curious. So brook is now coming back into the studio. And fun fact about Doug is his wife has actually played win Brooks Bucks before and lost. So she forced him to come on today in order to defend the family honor. Avenge it.
Speaker 1: What was it like here and your wife on the radio play the game?
Speaker 17: It was cute.
Speaker 1: It was almost a compliment. Let me show you how it's Did you patter on the head too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He's like, no, she'd smack.
Speaker 2: Here we go. You're up ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh? Remember Halloween theme?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Uh, she knows your time starts now. Chicken feed was originally the name for what popular Halloween candy corn What famous Disney Halloween movie was almost called.
Speaker 1: Halloween House hocus focus.
Speaker 2: In medieval Europe, hearing the call of what bird on Halloween meant someone was.
Speaker 1: About to die raven?
Speaker 2: How many pieces of candy does the average home give out to trigger treaters?
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 2: In the Halloween movie franchise Halloween, Oh, what's the name of the.
Speaker 1: Killer, Jason Total, You didn't say to trigger treaters?
Speaker 3: He just said how many do they pass out?
Speaker 2: Let's go to the storeboard and see how you did, sug Jose, I just want.
Speaker 4: To tell everyone that I hate oh no on Halloween.
Speaker 12: Wow, Doug, you got three correct at your first time.
Speaker 6: Great job you and Brook.
Speaker 1: Yes on Halloween only.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Go ahead the answers. I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: Good work, Doug.
Speaker 9: Let's go for the answers.
Speaker 2: Chicken beed was the original name for candy corn.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The Disney Halloween movie that was almost called Halloween House was hocus Pocus.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you listen to our Today Versus Back in the Day podcast from Saturday, you would have already learned that, Yeah, only the real ones listen to the podcast podcast exclusive.
Speaker 2: In Medieval Europe, if you heard the call of a owl. Oh interesting, that was thought to mean you someone's about to die. The average home gives out two pieces of kings peru.
Speaker 1: Did you say per tricker treaters?
Speaker 9: Pretty sure I did well?
Speaker 2: Whatever? Just sore loser. Uh. The horror movie franchise Halloween, Michael Myers is the killer there, and on an average year, New York Cities Halloween Parade draws two million spectators.
Speaker 1: I never knew, had no idea.
Speaker 6: It's New York.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just two million people walking.
Speaker 1: To work and the people in their apartments they're like, oh, this.
Speaker 6: Is a parade.
Speaker 2: The congratulations you get one hundred dollars plus just we're playing. We're also sending you a twenty five dollars McDonald's gift cards.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Halloween, do what Brook does, give one hundred dollars gift cards for trick or treaters.
Speaker 2: It's a visa.
Speaker 9: Here you go, Well done, Doug, Happy Halloween. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bock same time.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, freaking Jeffrey in a big happy Halloween from all of us here at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 12: Yes, and if you haven't seen our big group show costume this year.
Speaker 2: You have to check it out right.
Speaker 12: Now, get on your socials at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Were loving all the love on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok of course, and then tomorrow on the show you will want to hear our what's on your mind. I'm just going to say that jose brought me in the entire room to tears. It was such a sweet moment
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,