Speaker 1: If anyone's try it all around the world, it's me Clover, And I know in this podcast we got people from everywhere. I've been to warm everywhere, Bangladesh, the Himalayas, even a Bali Jean. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: The show starts now. It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning, and a new survey came out saying that more than half of all adults think screaming is beneficial to your health.
Speaker 3: Oh. I was walking on with my daughter yesterday. I was like, do you just need to scream? Would that be fit? Would that feel good?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: And she's like, Mom, there's people around. I'm like, well, sometimes it's just as good.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Concerning yeah, especially when they're being dragged by their like an adult somewhere, you don't want to tell the child to scream.
Speaker 3: It's like instant stress relief. Come on.
Speaker 2: More than half of millennial say the louder they scream, the better they feel afterwards. Meanwhile, older adults don't necessarily agree with that idea. Most say that they don't like to scream loudly.
Speaker 3: Jeffy, I think you should give it a try. I think that it could really improve your life.
Speaker 5: I think I naturally scream all the time, and look how happy you are. I'm always like, oh yeah, I'm almost animated.
Speaker 2: Despite the relief, only ten percent of people say that they scream at least once a week.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: Women are more likely to scream out of fear. Meanwhile, men more likely to scream out of pain. They're a passion, Jeff, I could be one and the same. There have been studies though the show screaming provides long term mental health benefits. So just remember that guy that's sitting at the back of your bus, rocking back and forth, screaming that the end is near actually more mentally healthy than you are.
Speaker 3: Or the mom sitting out of school pickup. Okay, she is screaming in her car.
Speaker 5: Leave her alone, Lady, screaming and crying is so centered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has got to go. I wonder what effect the shot collar has on overall mental health.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of studies into shock therapy.
Speaker 5: If you want to.
Speaker 7: Actually got a room.
Speaker 2: Of well balanced Einstein's in here, so digital, Jake.
Speaker 8: Well, for months we've been doing the one and done shock. But you know what it's time for. We're putting it in a blender. We're not doing it today. Maybe we'll bring it back tomorrow, maybe not, who knows. But instead we're gonna shine a UV spotlight on the brightest, fakest tan in the studio, maybe even the whole state our own, Alexis far natural.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 8: Look like the sunset, Alexis. How do you feel about having all the attention on you right now?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: It is good because the name of this game is called three Seconds with Alexis.
Speaker 4: Everyone at her.
Speaker 2: High school used to play this.
Speaker 8: We're gonna ask her the easiest trivia questions on earth, but beforehand, you'll each have to predict if she's gonna get it right or wrong?
Speaker 3: Do we get another question before we Well.
Speaker 8: Let me explain Brook. The only challenge Alexis will be facing. She only has three seconds to come up with the correct answer, so she's gotta be a quick thinker. Will you bet on her? Or will you not? It's three Seconds with Alexis. Wow. Our first competitor is Brook, Yeah, Brook, Alexis. Category for this question is the alphabet. Will Alexis get this simple question about the ABC's right or wrong? In three seconds?
Speaker 9: I have seen the eighth grade picture of her on the honor roll. Okay, I'm gonna say she's getting it right.
Speaker 8: Wow, I agree, brook says, alex Is gonna get this right? Okay, Alexis. The second I finished the question, the timer will start. If the foghorn hits before you say your answer, you forfeit the questions like an instant answer.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 8: Name the letter that comes before M.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 8: You had it, you lost it, Alexis. That was incorrect?
Speaker 9: And why have you been practicing seeing the alphabet backwards?
Speaker 3: Alexis?
Speaker 8: The letter that comes before M is L So, Brooke, you're getting shocked today for betting wrong on Alexisha.
Speaker 2: The alphabet her mortal enemy. Okay, Jesus.
Speaker 8: Colors that are red. We're going on to Jeffrey. Now, jeff your trivia category for Alexis is also the alphabet. Will she get it right or wrong?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say yes, but after that, showing on Brooks answer, I'm gonna go with no, she's getting this.
Speaker 8: Saying no again, Alexis, you need to answer before the fog horn.
Speaker 3: I was good on timing. Yeah, ready ready?
Speaker 8: Yes, what letter comes before Q? I'm sorry. Not only was it a late answer, it was wrong wowabet tough battle, but Jeffrey, you got that right against Alexis, and Jeffrey is now safe.
Speaker 3: Ten years ago, a teacher on the phone, she.
Speaker 5: Was even confusing me. I'm starting to question the alphabet.
Speaker 8: All right, Finally we're onto Jose, Yes Hose. Your category for Alexis is nineteen forties United Nations General Assembly trivia.
Speaker 5: Thank god something I know she's an expert on Jose.
Speaker 8: Will she get it right or wrong? What are you betting on?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say wrong.
Speaker 5: Do I have for a second?
Speaker 8: It take as much as you.
Speaker 5: I don't need time. I'm going right.
Speaker 8: All right, Alexis. Here's your question. Your time starts when I finish release get it right.
Speaker 5: I don't find a shock Alexis Alexis.
Speaker 8: The United Nations General Assembly adopted a historic document, Resolution two seventeen in Paris after its third session in nineteen forty eight. The document is regularly abbreviated to ud HR, which stands.
Speaker 3: For what is it? Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
Speaker 8: That's absolutely correct? Nineteen United Nations General Assembly of trivia is right up her alley. She got it right. Jose's dinty shock, Jeffrey safe and fruit skidding shock that was three seconds with Alexi happened.
Speaker 2: All the screaming when she got the wrong answers made her mentally healthy enough to get.
Speaker 3: That answer right.
Speaker 8: That was electric.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't know c but you know that.
Speaker 2: God well, Jose and Brook are going to be getting shot because they predicted their Alexis questions wrong. Yes, and somebody wanted to hear Mambo number five by lou Bega.
Speaker 1: Monica in My Life, Erica by My Side, Alana.
Speaker 2: Mana Rinas did you throw?
Speaker 3: I was trying to change it.
Speaker 2: For aren't they a bunch of like booty calls girls? Okay, last congratulates a Right, that's your shock collar question.
Speaker 7: Of the day, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Let's just say it like it is.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Women run the dating world, yep. Absolutely, they get more matches, they get asked out more, they get whined and dined and complimented on their behind and then what do they do when it's all over. They come home and go viral on TikTok, listing off everything cringey about the dudes that they just met. Ah, he was awful.
Speaker 3: Don't be cringey.
Speaker 2: So we can keep going viral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, today we have a guy on the phone who said he had officially had enough of that and decided he's not going to get walked over anymore. He fully expects women are going to absolutely hate him now for what he does on first dates and has been doing for the last twenty that he's went on and he's not stopping anytime soon. You gonna hear it in a brand new mass speaker coming.
Speaker 3: Up, he.
Speaker 4: Confession, I can't take back el arms.
Speaker 2: Mouse speaker got a text seventy five ninety two that says my boss said my name wrong on my first day of work. Oh, I was too embarrassed to correct him. So it's been four years and everyone still calls me Stephanie when my name is actually Stella.
Speaker 3: Don't they have your paperwork for anything?
Speaker 2: Just call her Stephanie.
Speaker 3: That's so sad.
Speaker 2: On this segment, we're not going to ask for your real name because Brooke probably won't be able to remember it anyway, So we'll just let you make up a fake one to keep your identity totally anonymous while you tell us your confessions right here on the mask.
Speaker 9: That's right, Jerry, you tell us, Yeah, We've got a guy who wants to go by Nick today.
Speaker 2: So Nick, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: He having me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're welcome, Nick. Who's a safe place for you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling pretty dear. I don't know how you're going to be feeling about me in about a minute here.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I want to hear it.
Speaker 5: Well, excited to hate you.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You are the mass speaker, the voice changer is on whenever you're ready. Let's hear your confession.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I haven't paid for a first date in almost a year.
Speaker 9: Now, Wow, you're hot, He's like, I know, I actually don't go on dates.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, smart your hands, and then you are? You are going on dates?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been on at least like twenty twenty five first dates this year.
Speaker 9: I don't think that's a brag when you're not I mean, but you're not paying. Well you're not getting second dates though, But.
Speaker 2: Doesn't you want second Yeah you don't know. Tell us more. How do you get through this without paying?
Speaker 4: It's actually pretty easy at the end of the night when the bill comes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the girl.
Speaker 4: Always looks at me, gives me that expective look like she wants me pick it up, and it's out of my nerves. And about a year ago he decided, you know what, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Wait what?
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is why the second dates don't happen.
Speaker 5: I don't know people like me. I'd love to pay for somebody on the first day.
Speaker 2: You take it as an insult.
Speaker 9: I feel like the rules should always be whoever does the asking out is the one that has to pay.
Speaker 3: I like, because you're the one that's proposing to day the place because you know how much it costs or whatever.
Speaker 2: True, But so usually it's the guy doing the asking out. Agree Like, I would say eighty percent of the time it's the guy. So you're saying eighty percent of the time men should be paying the bill.
Speaker 9: They want to go out with me, and they asked, you know what, I'll ask you if I want to take you out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you just what they motion. They look at you like you're supposed to pay the bill, nick, and you stonewall im like nope.
Speaker 4: But usually what happens is the bill comes, they look at me, and I'll just look back at them. I'm happy to just sit there and awkward silence.
Speaker 2: You're one of those people that's just comfortable and the most uncomfortable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the sience, it sounds like you're so proud of this.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I've gotten twenty or twenty five free dinners over the last year, and it looked like I'm I did a lot more because a lot of times, what I find happens is they'll sometimes did uncomfortable and they'll just pick up the check without saying.
Speaker 2: Anything, yeah, just to break the silence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like half the time. But the other half the time they'll ask me to pay, or sometimes they'll kind of think they're being cute and flurry and they'll push the bill towards me. I'll just push it back and I'll just straight up say, hey, I forgot my credit card. Can you get this?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Wow, it's not really falling for it. They're just paying.
Speaker 5: You're just like.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Like once or twice, I've actually had a girl just being completely shocked and say like, I don't believe you, And so I'll pull out my wallet and I'll show her that I don't have my credit card on me. But here's the thing I do. It's in my other pocket. I just assume some of them might be it's desperate to not pay that. I just wow, plans ahead of time.
Speaker 3: You have you ever had a girl so she also forgot her wallet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that hasn't happened yet, But because that, I would just say, well, we should probably figure this out now to tell her to go the bathroom.
Speaker 3: And just Pitcher.
Speaker 9: Was of dishes, are you not saying are you just dating for free dinners?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Okay, you're very aggressive about all said them.
Speaker 4: Dated for free dinners? How many women do that? So what a quality is?
Speaker 3: I don't think that's what equality is.
Speaker 2: You have to take some notes from a true feminists on the phone. The women out there, thank you. That's you doing your role to help women get equal rights in this.
Speaker 9: Welcome, doucious thing to like to claim equal rights.
Speaker 2: But my question is, what if you actually really like the girl, like you want to see them one more time? Is that ever come the way?
Speaker 4: If I like a girl enough to let her buy me a second.
Speaker 3: Dinner, she must be so lucky.
Speaker 8: Yes, but I'll.
Speaker 4: Promise to get the next dinner and then say, oh, I can't believe that I forgot my credit card a second time?
Speaker 2: What are the odds you still never?
Speaker 8: Just?
Speaker 3: Are you actually just poor? You could tell us.
Speaker 4: Look, with housing prices the way they are, you got to save and.
Speaker 2: Financially heavy.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, Oh, did.
Speaker 4: I tell you about my favorite move that I've ever done?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Why do I feel like you have a book coming out soon?
Speaker 2: What's your move?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: I've done this a handful of times. When the girls like being really upset that she has to pay, I'll look her in the eye and go, I mean, if you want, you can just slide me your credit card under the table so I can pay with it. And it looks like you're not picking this up.
Speaker 3: I think that's why it's not Really she's upset, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't want to look like she's out with a man who can't pay the bill.
Speaker 3: I think she wants to make it pretty clear if that the case.
Speaker 2: Does anybody actually take you up on that?
Speaker 4: One girl actually did? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, tell her to call it?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I actually asked her if you wanted me to quote take her out for ice cream athterworks wage.
Speaker 2: She was just paying for everything like that one away. Normally I didn't ask you to feel guilty, but you clearly don't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you're even disguising your voice. You just sound so.
Speaker 2: Are you cool? We put your photo up on the Brook and Jeffrey Instagram in case any other lovely women want to go out with you.
Speaker 4: I mean, here's a thing. I haven't had any trouble so far, so.
Speaker 2: Doesn't need our charity. Sorry, keep doing you man. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, well hide your identity, master your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone tabs coming up.
Speaker 7: Next, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Today, we call a woman who booked a waxing session for herself last week and something came up okay, so she had to cancel and reschedule it, which normally wouldn't be a big problem except her friend told us about it. We're gonna have Terry give her a ring, Terry and also give her the business. It's your phone, Tappy right now?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Is this Margaret's This is she Hi. This is Terry from Styles and Wax. I'm just calling to confirm your appointment for tomorrow at three point thirty and the PM.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's correct, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Perfect. Yes, and I normally would never do this, but because of the situation that we had with you last week, I feel like it's best to just call in double check.
Speaker 10: You know, the situation I didn't come in last.
Speaker 2: Week, exactly that situation. Yeah, I called to reschedule it, right, you moved your appointment and you only gave us twenty four hours notice, So excuse me. Well, we will never able to fill your spot on such short notice. So when you do come in tomorrow, you'll just have to pay the forty dollars cancelation fee.
Speaker 10: Okay, I will not be saying a cancelation fee.
Speaker 2: Sir, oh contraire madam, Yes you will.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm not doing that. I'm going to keep the appointment at three thirty, but I am not paying any late fee because I was perfectly right to do what I did.
Speaker 2: Well, our wax will not touch your skin if you do not pay your dues. So what are we going to do here?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 10: I would like to speak with your manager.
Speaker 2: Well, you know we don't have to go there. That seems a little extreme, don't you think?
Speaker 10: Sure you can drop the forty dollars that you're planning on charging me something.
Speaker 2: Okay, look ridiculous, ma'am. You don't understand the pressure my manager is putting on me to collect from you.
Speaker 6: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It's like he's making me do power squats in a cucumber patch. Oh you know what, I don't care what my boss says. I'm gonna wave that fee for you. Thank you, but you have to keep it just between you and me, just Margie and tear Bear.
Speaker 10: I mean just.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow three thirty. You're coming in and while you're here, make sure to bring your check book for the thirty dollars wax adjustment theme.
Speaker 10: Okay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, because on your original appointment you asked for hard wax and in the new one you asked for sugaring. We we had to throw out the hard whacks from your first appointment that went to waste sord. Oh, you want to forget like this ever happened and don't want to pay huh. I feel like you're lifting up my baboushka and looking at my yams without permission.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying you've got me shaken like a Morocca at a salsa party. I'm scared you can keep.
Speaker 10: Your appointment and give it to someone else. I am done with this place.
Speaker 2: Look I overreacted, Okay, I'm just stressed because my boss is putting pressure on me, like two shake weights in my skinny jeans is going to freak out. I don't do well with confrontation.
Speaker 10: Oh, you seem to be doing really well creating one.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what, I think my boss would get off my crack if you just hand it over seventeen fifty and I'll even spot you the money. That way, it's not weird between us because I like you, Margie.
Speaker 10: Fine, if that's what helps you sleep in night, you did give it the seventeen fifty.
Speaker 2: Alcoy, wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've got so many nickels at home that I need to get rid of, so this is gonna be perfect. True.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry. Okay, you know.
Speaker 2: Creative, that's right. So when you come in for your appointment, just honk your horn nine times outside and then I'll sneak out and I'll hand you the bag of nickels.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, you really need a therapist.
Speaker 2: My boss is my therapist, and I'm getting off this phone now, No, don't we can work this out.
Speaker 10: I'm canceling.
Speaker 11: It is more than twenty four hours.
Speaker 10: I'm never going there again.
Speaker 2: So you want to cancel, that's fine. There's a sixty dollars cancelation fee and I'll just add that on top of your twenty dollars prank callfee and we'll be gravy might Yeah. This prank call that your best friend Nicole sets you up for, it's a joke, is a second. Yeah, I'm not from the salon. My name is jeff from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a phone tap on you. You call care No, she's not here with us, but she sent us an email saying that you've been struggling to get this appointment in. Yeah, and so she thought we could mess with you.
Speaker 8: Oh my job.
Speaker 6: I was just like I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 10: I was actually planning on calling her and telling.
Speaker 2: Her, well, do you think nine honks is too much? You're right, it might be kind of obvious. Let's make it five and a half hanks. That'll be our secret signal.
Speaker 7: Every morning with taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Do you believe in second chances? A second chance to pass that driver's test? Yeah, A second chance for dinosaurs to rule the earth?
Speaker 3: No, Wow, it doesn't well, Jess.
Speaker 2: A second chance to slip past that security guard and finally make it up on stage at the Taylor's Swift concert and give her a.
Speaker 3: Hu not smart, arrested immediately.
Speaker 6: I'm just.
Speaker 2: Things happen when you get a second chance, And today we're hoping for a second chance at love, trying to get one more shot for a guy who's desperate to win back the woman who dunk him. And it's kind of crazy because the way that she ended things was one of the most brutal stories that I think we've ever heard on this show. Still, he says he's willing to risk it all for one more chance, and it's gonna come up. We'll see if it pays off. In a brand new say Yes to the X right after this, j Lo and Ben Affleck, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Okay, Nick Cannon and Baby Mama's Number four and seven. Just a few examples of couples who dated and broke up, only to get back together years later. Because they realized, oh my god, I think maybe they were the one.
Speaker 9: I thought it was three, which, yeah, gets a little messy there.
Speaker 2: But the point is you never know until you try, and if you have an ex that you look back on and think, did I make a mistake by letting them go? We created this segment called Say Yes to That so that we can reach out and see if there's a chance, if they want to give it one more shot.
Speaker 4: Day.
Speaker 2: It was really intended for long lost loves to reunite. Yeah, I'm not really sure if today's caller, Landon falls into that category.
Speaker 3: Why was it like a one night stand? He wants to reconnect with.
Speaker 2: His email said him and his girlfriend have only been separated for six weeks, but he's ready to jump back out and see if there's another chance there. Let's talk to him. Landon, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, Okay, some people take years, some people take weeks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my sister and her boyfriend at the time broke up for five days and then got back together and they got married. Hey, it was a very hard five days. In that time, he got a tattoo and join the navy. Yeah, I'm dealing with something. It happened six weeks in a red flag.
Speaker 2: After hearing that story, are you sure you want to go?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys, I don't want to let her. That's become really clear to me over these past six weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And what's her name?
Speaker 6: Her name's Jessica, and uh yeah, we were together for like about a year, and it was I mean, she's the most serious clipper I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, why did you guys break up six weeks ago?
Speaker 6: Well? There are reasons, you know, which we can get into, but I'll just say, like I've been pretty miserable ever since. And she didn't tell me in person.
Speaker 4: She did.
Speaker 6: She did let me know viau you know, words on a page.
Speaker 3: Oh she dumped you.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, okay, what.
Speaker 2: I was wondering why you were like having trouble coming out with it. You're it's clearly it's still pretty raw. It only happened six weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, it was some stuff that I didn't necessarily agree with, but she had her reasons.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: And so she wrote you what sounds like a letter, I'm guessing did you guys talk in person ever?
Speaker 6: Well, it was a note on my door actually, Oh, she broke up with you via door note?
Speaker 3: Are you sure she's not your landlord and trying to have.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, I mean I've I've been through that before.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean, wait, it's like I've broken up with a building before.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that's gotta be hard to take, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was really harsh. It was like a list of reasons.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our producer told me that you actually have the breakup note with you. Oh no, yeah, would it be okay? Like, if it's not too painful for you, would you mind like telling us some of the things that she said in it.
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, I don't know if I'm comfortable doing that because they were pretty mean, and I don't feel like they're accurate, so I would prefer not to.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if she's being rude and mean to you, why do you even want to get back together with her?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, because she has some points that are kind of valid, I guess, and I think that I've improved on those areas.
Speaker 5: It's going to admit that you've made mistakes. Like if she's like you did this and this, and you fix those and maybe.
Speaker 9: She will want to I mean, and if she's writing the list of mean things, she's mad.
Speaker 3: She's mad mad like.
Speaker 5: That, that's a normal girlfriends are like though, right.
Speaker 3: No, no, I mean is it one specific thing? Did you cheat on her or something?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, I did not cheat. I'm not okay, I'm not going to read the entire note, but I'll tell you, guys a couple of the things she's.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, give us the bullet points of it, and then we'll post the whole thing on the brook.
Speaker 9: No, okay, we'll stay flyers and put it on doors around the city.
Speaker 5: He's kidding, bro.
Speaker 2: Okay, just give us a couple of them.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: The first one is you refuse to use the word selfie because you think it's too girly.
Speaker 2: You refuse to use the word selfie, Landing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't use the word selfie. I use the word selfo. Like you know, like in Spanish, there's like feminine and.
Speaker 5: Sing singular pal masculine would be.
Speaker 3: Are you that worried about your masculinity?
Speaker 9: You think adding an i e to the end of a word is gonna alternate?
Speaker 6: Well, no, I just think that I mean, just to be like more grammatically correct. I guess, like to say cel pho.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's grammatically correct at all, sir. I don't think you could find that an if you're in.
Speaker 2: The club with your boys going to be like, hey, Jonathan, let's take a selfie together, like bro, me and my bros. Yo dog, you look super cute right now, get over your homie. Yeah, let's cell phone it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly, But you guys see what I'm talking about, Like, that's really nitpicky, Like that's not a reason to break up with someone, even if it's a little annoying. Oh we right, it.
Speaker 3: Sounds kind of like an excuse. But yeah, so what else were they.
Speaker 2: All like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I think they're all like that. I mean the next one she says, is you thought you were tough enough to share at a solar eclipse?
Speaker 3: Are you blind right now or can you see?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I can see it was a little blurry for like a day. But how often does a solar eclipse happen? Like I didn't Okay, yes, I also thought like it'd be cool to like look at the.
Speaker 3: Sign, but I those are all questionable things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At the same time, are women gonna dump a guy every time do something a little bit stupid to prove their masculinity of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how many pages do we have to?
Speaker 2: Maybe do you have like a last one for us landing?
Speaker 6: Sure, I can give you one last one.
Speaker 5: The fact that there is three is kind of like there.
Speaker 3: But I just mean, okay, okay.
Speaker 6: She says you jumped on a trampoline from the second floor to prove your abs and back muscles were strong enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, you sound like guy.
Speaker 5: To me, you sound like one of my friends.
Speaker 9: You sound like an annoying little brother.
Speaker 5: Would hold on.
Speaker 2: Were your abs and back muscles strong enough to absorb the blow?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: I mean I I definitely hurt myself, and I'm oh, no, you your bag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, maybe.
Speaker 3: She doesn't really trying to prove your man.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing a lot of red flags. That's not the right word I'm looking for.
Speaker 6: I would say they're like, they're more like highlights. Those were the fun part.
Speaker 9: So it's not that you learned anything from the letter, shes okay, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean what I learned was that those are the fun things in a relationship and she needs to relax so that and I miss her, and I bet she misses me too.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's like zero.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you know if we're gonna how does this work again? Does he ask her back out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We call the girlfriend and let him talk for it. Okay, let's he has to win her back himself.
Speaker 9: Let's not use any of that sentence that you need to relax, you need to calm down. Just some hot advice there, okay, fair, fair, okay.
Speaker 2: And those are the problems that she had with you. So if you want her back, you're probably gonna need to compromise a little bit, Like can you agree that if she wants you back going forward, you won't stare into solar eclipses anymore? Are you capable of that?
Speaker 6: Guys? I already learned my left and I'm not doing that again. I mean, that's clearly gloss.
Speaker 2: That is what we're trying to accomplish.
Speaker 3: Here, Just trying to see if he can use the words selfie in a sentence. Yes.
Speaker 2: So we're about to dial your ex Jessica, and we'll get her on the phone and let you try and win her back yourself. All right, We'll come back and see if she says yes to the X. Right after this, you know I rarely do this, but during the break I got on the phone and talked to Landon. Oh you did off the air, and I just told him how we felt honestly in the room.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I like you talking for all of us, but.
Speaker 2: I think we're on the same page because based on the breakup note, it seems like Landon has done some dumb things. Yeah, correction, a lot of dumb things in his relationship, and his attitude was Jessica just needs to chill out and relax. And if Landon really feels like it's all on her to change herself and just relax about it, then why are we doing this segment?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because then it's just gonna be her getting angry at him all over again because.
Speaker 2: She says what the problem was, and he says that shouldn't be a problem for you, so asking change. What we're trying to do here is get some growth, because all of us as humans are constantly evolving, trying to become better people. And frankly, land And I'm not sure if in the past six weeks since the breakup, there's been enough growth on your end from what we just heard to warrn.
Speaker 9: Her saying, yes, that is the most adult thing that Jeffrey's.
Speaker 2: Ever said, being honest with you. I know we're supposed to be fun, but yeah, pretty real.
Speaker 5: I tell you to say that because honestly, you can never say that on your own.
Speaker 2: Landon, what was that last bit? I missed that last They were all telling me that I'm not smart enough to come up with that on my own.
Speaker 3: Have you had any growth in the last six weeks, land.
Speaker 6: Jeff Yeah, I I appreciate that.
Speaker 12: Look, I made changes, and I see that there are some mistakes that I made, Okay, And the reason I'm so, you know, I want to take this opportunity now, even though it's been.
Speaker 6: Just six weeks, because I think we have an opportunity to grow together Jessica and I rather than growing apart.
Speaker 9: See that's yeah, I like that. That's a good sentiment, you know. You know, can we ask real quick is she dating right now? Or is she just single?
Speaker 3: Single? Have you heard?
Speaker 4: Well? She better not be dated.
Speaker 6: It's only been six weeks, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: How people do think after a month? It's fair dame, but yeah, I think after two weeks. Yeah, that's why we broke up with them.
Speaker 2: We have to reach out to her to find out some of these answers. And if you're just listening for the very first time, say yes to the exes. It's a little bit different than a second date update because these people have had a previous relationship before. They already know each other, and we're going to try not to jump in on the conversation as much as we normally do. We're going to try and let them talk and work it out as much as possible amongst themselves. That's the goal. It's going to show if they've really had any growth in their relationship or not. And so now I'm about to punch up Jessica. Our producer got her on the other line. You're ready to talk to her?
Speaker 3: Don't punch it, ex girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just bring her on the line. Here we go, Hey, Jessica you there?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi Jessica, Jessica, this.
Speaker 2: Is Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: Obviously, thanks for being on the show with us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hi, it's not gonna lie. I'm a little bit caught off guards, but what's up? What's going on?
Speaker 2: So our producer told you that we have your ex boyfriend landon on the phone right now, and he really really wants to speak to you for a second.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jessica, that's Landon.
Speaker 2: So what we're gonna do here is we're just going to back away and let you and Landen have a chat for a second. All right, go ahead, Landon?
Speaker 6: Hey, Yeah, sorry about this, but you know, I just touch something to say to you.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, I mean, like, why do you have the radio station calling me?
Speaker 6: No, don't worry about that. I mean, just pretend like it's you and me. There's nobody else here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not laughing.
Speaker 11: I don't even know, like is this on air with like yours? Like, come on.
Speaker 4: Words?
Speaker 6: I don't think they can see us, but I think just focus on what I'm about to say. Okay, what do you have to say? Okay, For the last six weeks, I've noticed that I've missed you a lot and I and I just I need you back in my life. So okay, I'd like you to say yes to the X.
Speaker 11: What does that even mean?
Speaker 6: What they're doing on the show and they've done up before with somebody else and help them get back their X And now I'm trying with you.
Speaker 3: Maybe talk to her about.
Speaker 11: Are you you you want us to get back together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just makes sense. It's like peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 11: Okay, like landon.
Speaker 6: Look, I promise it's going to be better. I have a feeling about it.
Speaker 11: I mean, are you still living with your mom?
Speaker 6: Well sort of, but it's it's really different from last time.
Speaker 11: Okay, different how well?
Speaker 6: Okay, so if you remember before, my bedroom was on the main floor of my mom's house, but like the first floor. Okay, yeah, well, now you know, I mean she's getting older, as you know, and she doesn't like using the stairs. So last week I offered such rooms with her and she said yes. So now I actually have the entire top floor to myself, and you know, it's kind of like a penthouse.
Speaker 11: But you're you're basically still living with her though.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it's like my own place, and in the year or two, I'm gonna save up enough money to build a separate entrance, you know, a staircase that goes from the outside to.
Speaker 3: My room, a slide slide it.
Speaker 11: Okay, I mean that's not even different. It's like the same thing that you were doing before.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean I would have moved out sooner but you know, my credit screwed up from my identity being stolen, which was you know, I was a victim.
Speaker 11: But you did that on campus. You put your soul security in the online because oh my god, you think it'd be so funny if somebody stole it and realized that you didn't have any money? Like, what was that?
Speaker 6: I mean, it was funny. It was larious to be on the dark web and experiment with the dark web, but I admit that it's backfired.
Speaker 3: What look like?
Speaker 6: I just think now things are different from me. I'm moving up in life, I mean literally up a floor. So maybe you'd want to hang out again and we can grow together instead of growing apart.
Speaker 11: I appreciate the sentiment and thank you for reaching out, But no, Landon, No, I don't want to live with your mom.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Tell me, are you dating anyone else?
Speaker 11: That's none of your business. I'm single.
Speaker 6: That sounds like a confession or something. I don't know.
Speaker 11: That's I'm not seeing anybody right now, but I plan on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, okay, not seeing anybody until you say yes to the X.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, you're not seeing anybody an please say yes to the X.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's the whole goal of the segment. Landon has the endorsement of every member of This Morning plus all of our listen true, all twelve of them.
Speaker 3: Growing she just said no eight times while you were talking.
Speaker 2: Well she didn't. She didn't say it nine times. That's the magic number. I mean, you get nine lives in dating.
Speaker 9: I will say it sounds like he really does care for you and love you.
Speaker 11: He live his leg on the fire with axe body spray. I will let you know that.
Speaker 6: I mean that was to prove that there should be a product warning on.
Speaker 3: Frat guys put together on.
Speaker 8: Every arizon.
Speaker 11: Landing like, in all seriousness, you have way, way, way more grossy. You need to go through personally, and I support you. I hope you do before we ever have any type of conversation ever, and it's going to be more than a week or six.
Speaker 3: Months, I support you with silence.
Speaker 2: But look, the key is, that wasn't a no.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a no.
Speaker 6: I thought, here's what, here's what I think we should do. Well. I want to check in again in six weeks, and I just want you to promise that between now and then, you don't see.
Speaker 3: Anyone else's not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know about that. I mean it's like people taking time apart to figure out themselves before they get back together stronger than ever.
Speaker 9: Oh I always thought people were doing other people when they took time atparty.
Speaker 3: That's what you do.
Speaker 2: During your time apart to make yourself stronger. That's what it takes.
Speaker 6: I promise, and I guarantee, I will be celibate the next six weeks. I'll be like a priest with your mom.
Speaker 2: Probably longer than that. If we're being honest, I'm sorry, it sounds like we're not gonna be able to get your ex to say yes, you said no to the.
Speaker 6: All right, well look for now she did, but six weeks later we're checking.
Speaker 2: In Jeffrey in the morning, a guy from l A was shocked after he got kicked out of a New York bagel shop for his unusual, high maintenance bagel order. No plus the simple five second test that lets you know instantly if your romantic connection with someone is actually gonna last. Brook Maybe you can try at home with your husband today, see if it's gonna go to this sense marriage.
Speaker 8: So just get start.
Speaker 2: It's all coming up in a brand new TikTok click shot that's happening at a ten oh Man. Did you guys see the weather forecast for this week? Brutal really temperatures dropping, rolling thunderstorms coming in with a ninety chance of TikTok click shot Get your umbrellas. TikTok click Shock where we talk about some of the biggest tiktoks from the past week. Gonna get right to your first TikTok click shock, which is from a bagel shop in New York called Big Apple Bagelery.
Speaker 3: Eight times.
Speaker 2: They were on the other end of a TikTok that got over four million views from a guy named Taylor Offer. He's from LA and he was visiting the Big Apple on a trip when he went into the bagel store and ordered a scooped gluten free bagel.
Speaker 3: Ah, what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Scoop If you don't know what scooping is, It's a popular maneuver for people looking to cut back on their gluten intake or to allow for more space for filling inside of the bagel and take out the bagel stuff. You scoop out the bready part in the center.
Speaker 3: Point of ordering a bagel and he got it gluten.
Speaker 5: Free like a bagel shell.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like it's like having a skinny margarita readstick.
Speaker 3: How dumb is that?
Speaker 2: So this is how Taylor's bagel request went in New York. Oh no, a bagel shop here, I'm from Los Angeles? Is Los Angeles? Did you order a bagel?
Speaker 6: You walk in and you say, hey, can I get a scoop gluten free bagel? The person he had the bars is, You're like, of course, we have these different options today for gluten free.
Speaker 2: New York got it.
Speaker 8: Just walked in and asked for a gluten free bagel.
Speaker 2: Guy just looks at it, goes, I'm not scooping your bagel.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: New York did not take kindly to the scoopy is.
Speaker 3: Like, actually, could I just have something that I could chew and spit out? I don't like to swallow food.
Speaker 5: It does seem offensive to the culture. That's like walking up and being like, can you cut my pizza into little squares and be like, no, bro, get a slice and get out of you.
Speaker 2: One person said, I imagine a scooped bagel like ordering a muffin and only eating the wrapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the analogy.
Speaker 2: Even the Big Apple bagelery got in on the comments section, and when is your flight home?
Speaker 3: I love that they double down.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 2: And if you're wondering, Taylor did find another spot down the street willing to give him his precious scooped bagel.
Speaker 3: Gosh, what is he just eating? It's like eating a spoonful of cream cheese at that point that.
Speaker 2: Actually, forget the bagel. Just give me a spoon of cream cheese. That was a tick talk click shock, You're next, TikTok click shot got over one point nine million views. You could find it under the hashtag bird test. Oh have you heard of this? No?
Speaker 3: But I feel like this is in your algorithm, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's a simple screening that helps you find out if a romantic connection between two people actually has legs.
Speaker 3: British how they call it a.
Speaker 2: Oh like like a bird, like a real like a flying bird.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I don't understand the connection to bird.
Speaker 2: Here's a gen zer Alyssa Kara Bardi explaining it.
Speaker 13: I meet this girl, we start becoming like newer friends, and we go to Starbucks. One day We're sitting at this table at Starbucks and I'm looking out the window, and I see a woodpecker in a tree, and I'm like, there's a woodpecker. And this girl whips around so fast she's like where I kid you not. For the next ten minutes, the two of us stared out the Starbucks window, just watching this woodpecker. Now, the bird test states, but if you're with someone whoever gonna do the test with romantic or not, If you say something that could be deemed like insignificant and your partner responds with like genuine curiosity, like what woodpecker where, that's a really good sign the relationship will last a long time. But if they like blow you off, they don't acknowledge you and they're just like, oh, cool, like a woodpecker, that's a really bad sign.
Speaker 2: The test is bring up a boring topic of conversation, and if the other person is willing to engage you in it, that means you have a decent bodil Is it bad?
Speaker 3: I was hoping that we would. I was hoping in this story we'd find out what the woodpecker did. I was I was like, wait, why was it there?
Speaker 2: You're someone that gets along with a lot of people instantly you would definitely pass the bird test for anybody, and it's not just good for romantic connections. It's also works for friendships and even to see if you click with certain family members.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, I think the first time I met someone I could fake it, But like the third time, I don't care about it.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're supposed to fake it. I think you're genuinely interested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so try the bird test on your next date. That's atop click shot and your final TikTok click shot is from a woman with the username Heidi Underscore Joe twenty one. Okay, it's a brand new account and she only has like two hundred and eighty six followers with three videos, but one of them has half a million views on it. It's all because of this woman's interaction with her ten year old son. So she's asking him what her name is and he doesn't know how to answer it. Ten here's the what was my name when I was little? Heidi?
Speaker 5: What is my name now?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Mom, I don't know what your name is. So my name was what when I was little?
Speaker 1: Heidi?
Speaker 3: And what is my name now? Mom?
Speaker 13: When you want my attention and I'm not putting attention to you, mother.
Speaker 3: What else do you say? And I tell you that's not Hawaii mother?
Speaker 8: And Heidi Beavin, Now.
Speaker 13: What I call you Hidi because those your name When you were younger, I didn't know what's your name?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: That's what you say.
Speaker 3: He Every time I see Heidi, you always look at me because it's my name.
Speaker 2: News flashed to all the kids out there.
Speaker 5: Moms have names and they keep their names unless it's a big deal and they change it.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that kid is in fifth grade.
Speaker 5: I know right there.
Speaker 3: His mom is laughing, but she like, oh my god, how have we missed this part?
Speaker 2: So she ended up getting thousands of comments on the video was really cute and funny. One said, I love little kids minds. My daughter was upset for days because she thought all of her classmates had stolen my first name. My mom's name is mom.
Speaker 3: I came up with that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, those are your stories for the day.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We got a return player named Sharana on the phone. And Sharana has been in equestrian teacher for a decade. Now, right now, that's what the horse racing music is for. And she is so confident because she is one to oh against you all time that she says if you beat her today, bro that your children get free horse riding lessons from her for life.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, she said it. She said it.
Speaker 5: Party owned six horses.
Speaker 2: Even if you said no, she would have just bought the stables and made you take your children. So, Saranna, you don't really have much of a choice here. Brook's gonna get you on up out of the studio. And while she leaves, you know how the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you do have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Shranna. Your time starts now on this day. In nineteen ninety two, basketball player Magic Johnson retired. What team did he play for? What continent? Lands in four hemispheres? Ohsh how do you say cheers in Spanish?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: God gosh?
Speaker 2: How many symphonies did Ludwig van Beethoven compose? More or less than one hundred?
Speaker 7: More?
Speaker 2: In the nineties, you'd see Tim the Toolman Taylor on What TV? Sitcom?
Speaker 6: I yeah, how many stories?
Speaker 2: Tall is the leaning Tower of Pisa eight ten or eighteen eighteen. All right, good work, Sharana Brook's gonna come back into the studio here. Maybe I don't know. Sometimes she just likes to chill out there for a while. So of horses right now, I think, yeah.
Speaker 9: Instagram, Sure, it's like I get lost in that scroll.
Speaker 2: I know we're in the middle of the show though, but I had a.
Speaker 3: Couple of seconds outside.
Speaker 5: Anything stuck in the algorithm.
Speaker 2: There it is. We asked Sranna before she came on what her favorite thing about the show is, and she said the banter.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yes, wow.
Speaker 2: Let's show her some of that right now.
Speaker 5: Are you excited to included in our banter?
Speaker 6: Sure? Yes I am, And so are the kids that I work for. They're the ones that met you in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Oh of course, the horse kids are in Hawaii vacation.
Speaker 10: I'm most of the world's greatest Manny's cue.
Speaker 5: Wow, and tell the kiddles, I said, Hi, I will.
Speaker 6: They'll be so upset that they didn't hear it.
Speaker 5: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: They can listen back on the podcast.
Speaker 2: They were so nice.
Speaker 5: And when I met her Brook, she spoke very highly of you. She's very kind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, too bad to annihilate you.
Speaker 2: Now, Brook, it's your turn. You're ready, Yeah, your time starts now. On this day in nineteen ninety two, basketball player Magic Johnson retired. What team did he play for?
Speaker 3: Lakers?
Speaker 2: What continent in four hemispheres?
Speaker 3: Asia?
Speaker 2: How do you say cheers in Spanish?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Saloon?
Speaker 2: How many symphonies did Ludwig van Beethoven compose? More or less than one hundred?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 2: In the nineties, you'd see Tim the tool Man Taylor on What TV? Sitcom Improvement? How many stories tall is the Leaning Tower of Pisa eight ten or eighteen ten? Who got our answers in? We're gonna go over to the scoreboard and see how you both did with Jose Olgers are like onions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, I'm not ogre. That's not the quote. Let's go all right, Sharana, you got two correct today, get out miss swamp.
Speaker 7: On.
Speaker 2: You got one compliment from get out Miss swamp as well.
Speaker 6: Three correct laughs.
Speaker 2: You've made a monster congratulations one. On this day in nineteen ninety two, Magic Johnson retired. He played for the La Lakers. The continent that lands in four hemispheres is Africa. The point comes like right in the middle of it. How do you say cheers in Spanish? That's saluted. Ludwig von Beethoven composed less than one hundred symphonies, only nine, Only nine? Yeah, yeah, kind of a lazy bomb thousands, yeah, just nine.
Speaker 3: I think Taylor Swift has more albums than that Beethoven.
Speaker 2: In the nineties, you'd see Tim the tool man Taylor on home improvement and the Leading Tower of Pisa is only eight stories tall, a very big building.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: It was not very impressive. Oh, I'd say skip it if you're in Italy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely not getting picked up by an Italian radio station to be on there. So thanks for that, Brook anyway. Sure, and we can't give you any money here, but just we're playing. If you do win a twenty five dollars McDonald's gift card.
Speaker 12: Yay, yeah, I like McDonald's.
Speaker 6: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: It doesn't Thank you for saying that, all right, Thank you for playing, Shriannon. We're going to be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning