Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's teaming up with the show Maury to give gatorade showers to men who find out they aren't.
Speaker 2: The father, because you deserve.
Speaker 1: To celebrate not paying child support like a true champion.
Speaker 3: Okay, with laser stories, that's a little much, but he wasn't the dad. He deserves the safest chance to celebrate the right way.
Speaker 1: And it's a segm where we read here news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other daddy duckers just don't. This first lazer story is out of Graham, North Carolina. Twenty four year old Ralph Maiden Junior says he and his mother always play pranks on each other. So the other day on Halloween, he called his mom and told her he just won over a quarter of a million dollars from a scratch ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh what a dream come true? She said, nice try and hung up on it.
Speaker 3: No, that would be if I ever called Brooke and said I finally did it.
Speaker 2: I keeps wearing I would. In my lifetime, I will win a lottery.
Speaker 1: So when she wouldn't pick up his calls after that, he drove over to her house to convince her that he wasn't joking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I have a ticket. She laughed for twenty minutes straight and asked.
Speaker 3: Dumb do you think I am should happen?
Speaker 2: Stupid people keep happening to me.
Speaker 4: I will say, I feel like this is a prank my husband would pull where he's like, he just keeps going. I'm like, it's over, like you've been caught.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, I can see Michaels doing. The thing is Ralph was really telling the truth.
Speaker 1: He bought a twenty dollars one hundred x cash Fast Play ticket and realized he didn't have anything to scratch it. That's when he saw a penny heads up on the ground and he used it to discover that he'd won the grand prize. But when his mom wouldn't believe him again, Ralph ran down to the law reoffice and asked the officials to call her.
Speaker 2: That's when she hung up on this. Somebody he's getting other people involved in the PreK okay at this point though, it's like me, they.
Speaker 4: Must do some pretty elaborate preks in their family.
Speaker 1: Even after they put his winning interview online, his mother.
Speaker 2: Still didn't buy it.
Speaker 3: So despite it does, despite it all.
Speaker 1: He said that the first thing he's gonna do is take his mom to Hawaii. No, he says, she's never been and she deserves it. Plus, he says, when she is actually on the beach, then maybe she'll finally stop calling him.
Speaker 2: How much did you put on your credit cards?
Speaker 4: Trip? Young man?
Speaker 2: Update?
Speaker 1: She never showed up to the airport. I'm just kidding. It's actually coming up next month.
Speaker 2: They're flying stories out of Utah.
Speaker 1: A guy named Caleb Wood ordered Chick fil A through Grubhub the other day, a sandwich me with fries and a milkshake, and the food itself was okay, but instead of a milkshake, he got a warm cup of pea. Oh no. Turns out the driver likes to save time by not taking bathroom breaks and he uses empty cups to relieve himself in the car instead and accidentally gave Caleb the wrong styrofoam cup.
Speaker 2: Take a sip.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, find out Caleb didn't realize until he actually took a ship. Oh my god, so he says he immediately became physically ill. Then he called the driver back, and there's a video of them meeting outside of his house, and Caleb was actually pretty calm considering everything.
Speaker 4: You've always wondered, I've never tasted you'urine.
Speaker 2: Would I know immediately that that's what it was? You know what I mean? Like, does it taste like it smells? Coming up on the show tomorrow morning for the.
Speaker 1: Chat callar Question of the Day, books gonna find out once.
Speaker 4: And for all.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, if you put it on ice.
Speaker 1: Caleb actually reached out to grub hub and says they took four days just to get back to him, and then they issued a partial refund.
Speaker 2: Partial. I mean he did drink some so it's like.
Speaker 4: It's like what people could plain after the meal's eaten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got something out of it. His meal was twenty five dollars and they only returned eighteen of it.
Speaker 2: They didn't refund the fees or the driver's tip. Nobody got I mean the driver.
Speaker 4: It was an honest mistake.
Speaker 1: Grub Hub said in a statement that they've been following up with Caleb to apologize and that the driver no longer works for them.
Speaker 2: Instead, he got a job at a local juice bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, immunity boost anyone coming that up? This next Lazer Stories out of Thanksgiving HQ. Baskin Robbins has just announced its new flavor of the month, really, and it's called Turkey Day Fixing. It combines flavors of sweet potato and autumn spice and mixes in tart swirls of cranberry sauce with sweet chunks of honey corn breadsgiving.
Speaker 4: This sounds unbelievable to me. Sweet potatoes are so good, Yes, give me some.
Speaker 1: Well, one TikToker has tried it and says it's pretty decent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I bet It's available all month long at Basking Robin's locations nationwide, and they're also taking pre orders for their Turkey cake, which thankfully does not include any actual turkey. But if you've never seen it before, it looks like a bird that's fresh out of the oven. Yeah, and it can be filled with any type of ice cream you want, with legs made from sugar cones, and it's completely lathered with caramel praline glaze, which gives it a quote juicy looking sheen.
Speaker 2: That londs so good.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think that ice cream would be amazing with like pumpkin.
Speaker 2: Pie or apple pie.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving Day both pictures and links to these festive desserts are gonna be up on our instators at Brooke and Jeffrey, follow drool and subscribe. This next laser story is out of the tooth Fairy's worst nightmare.
Speaker 4: Oh no, the tooth Fair has an enemy.
Speaker 1: Here's some advice your kids can get on board with. An actual dentist just said that if you want to protect your teeth, it's best to eat all of your Halloween candy in one sitting.
Speaker 4: What woa, because you're just gonna do the damage all it was brushing.
Speaker 1: This comes from doctor Olivia Mason, and most parents think she's the devil.
Speaker 4: Does she realize that my kid probably has I'm not exaggerating six pounds of candy at home. I mean it is so heavy he can't carry the box.
Speaker 2: You better get to work. Yeah, sit down and eat it.
Speaker 1: Doctor Mason runs a place near Wheeling, West Virginia, called Almost Heaven Family Dentistry.
Speaker 2: She gave almost I don't know right.
Speaker 1: She gave the unexpected advice in an interview with her local news, saying, if you eat all your candy at once, it's better for your teeth and having a few pieces a day Over the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: I've been having a few pieces a day for the last month.
Speaker 1: So if your kids ate their entire haul the day after, they did it.
Speaker 4: Right, and they did it without your knowing, because there's no parrot that allows that.
Speaker 1: She is getting some blowback from it, but it's just advice for your teeth. The doc also says the worst candy for your chompers is anything sticky or chewy, like Starburst or Jolly Ranchers.
Speaker 4: Okay, my children's favorites.
Speaker 1: The sugar and chocolate isn't grat either, she says, but it melts and it's also easier to brush away.
Speaker 2: But speaking of hard candy, this.
Speaker 1: Guy's happy wearing a little cowboy hat, chaps and nothing.
Speaker 2: Else because that's a real Jolly Rancher. Yeah, I did it.
Speaker 1: That's how means latest stories. Let's come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Monday.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,