Speaker 1: This is the radio segment that just put a request into the streaming service Disney Plus, asking if they could filter out all the children's content so he could just get to Disney hardcore. I don't think they've watched that too many g rated anime things to sit through. Just give me the good stuff. Surprisingly, Disney said they're working on it. Oh, everybody wins good. Laser Stories the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other Jimminy crackheads just dump. This first laser story is out of Portugal. A tourist from Azerbaijan was enjoying a family holiday. It was at a beautiful Lisbon cafe when he thought the only thing that would make the idyllic setting even better would be to have a nice glass of pomegranate juice. Got that clip, finally makes so much sense. We been waiting for years to use that amazing and I bet that would be really nice to have some pomegranate juice in Portugal tropical Yeah. So the thirty six year old opened up his translate app in his phone and typed the request. He showed it to the waiter, who immediately ran into the back. Good service, But five minutes later, armed police stormed in and ordered the tourists to the ground. The whole area got put on lockdown, and his hotel room was simultaneously raided and searched just because of juice. Officials handcuffed him and took him to a nearby police station, and that's where they started to question him and figured out almost immediately what had happened, because apparently the translation app had turned the Russian word for pomegranate into the Portuguese word for grenade. So once authorities realized it was it's a harmless mistake, they let him go and they told him to enjoy the rest of his vacation. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: However, translating anything.
Speaker 1: Again, they did recommend he used a Portuguese phrase book instead of an app.
Speaker 2: Next, Yeah, then all those phrases are okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Can I get to roll? Get luncher with.
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Next laser story is out of England. Back in twenty nineteen, a man named Kenny Cannard decided it'd be funny to legally change his name for a laugh. I can't believe what people do. This I know this is so common.
Speaker 2: My girlfriends don't even want to do it for marriage, like someone just never do because they don't get around to it. It's so much work.
Speaker 1: Well, he went to the government and got a brand new license and officially became f You canarsh.
Speaker 2: Gos like fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's supposed to say it. Few him and his buddies thought it was hilarious, right, laugh, and he kept with the moniker because it was a great conversation star or whenever he went out. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I feel like him and his buddy's all single just to stab in the dark.
Speaker 1: Well, now his joke is backfired because he recently went to get a new passport and update his name on it. But after he submitted it, he found out he was denied. He was told his name may cause offense. So they are sorry, but it is what it is, and he can't travel internationally anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know your name could get you banned from a passport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess if it's a if it's going to be considered offensive to the places that you travel. Yeah, and also don't do it. Don't name your kid bomb. Yeah, good reminder. So he appealed against the Passport Office's verdict three times, but the British government has refused to budge. So at this point he's he going to change it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would make sense.
Speaker 1: No, he's not explained that he doesn't want to go do another name change.
Speaker 2: Well, it's in the name. How he feels.
Speaker 1: He's just resigned to the fact that he's never gonna to be able to travel overseas ever again, this next laser story is out of Holiday headquarters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No matter what any trademarks or lawsuits say, Mariah Carey is considered the true Queen of Christmas? Is she near the queen approach it? Whoever her latest business manager is has convinced the Queen to really lean into the money making part of it. Oh can I say that? Because the other day she unveiled a brand new Christmas shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she arety. Has have you seen the Christmas animated movie? Oh my god, so Mariah Carey animation too. It's all about the songs.
Speaker 1: She's doing everything. But her shirt has a picture of her on it with the phrase It's time. Oh yeah, Okay, that's gonna sell for thirty five bucks on Amazon. Allowed Why do I.
Speaker 2: Picture Santa Claus wearing it?
Speaker 1: Anybody would? I guess it's in along with some other Christmas merch on there that includes her Christmas Funko Pop, a deluxe edition of her Merry Christmas album, and her children's book The Christmas Princess The Adventures of Little Mariah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Little Mariah, that's the movie.
Speaker 1: Show turned it into a whole movie.
Speaker 2: It's like a little animated Mariah with a really big head.
Speaker 1: She needs some more money. She deserves it. On a slightly different note, Mariah is also the star of Victoria's Secrets New Holiday campaign Go. So she'll have the lingerie with her picture on it and above her head. It'll just say it's time.
Speaker 2: Because nothing says Christmas Morning like Mommy coming down in Lingerie.
Speaker 1: Mariah Lingerie. This next Lazer story is out of movie land.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Remember when Avengers Endgame came out and fans were all sharing the like spoiler free tips on when you should take bathroom breaks? Oh yeah, because it was three hours long, so all those tips immediately went viral.
Speaker 2: Isn't like a whole app around it or something? I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted to know when they could leave to come back and not miss anything this year, Oppenheimer was also three hours long. Yeah, and that new movie Killers of the Flower Moon with Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert Demiro. That's three hours and twenty six minutes long.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if you guys have not read the book do it.
Speaker 1: You don't what It's been three and a half hour movie two weeks. I recommend that it may take you three.
Speaker 2: But it's heartbreaking and it's really sad.
Speaker 1: Obviously, there's all these really long movies coming out. So a new poll asked if we should have intermissions for movies shown in theaters that's brilliant. Twenty four percent said yes for movies at least three hours long. Another twenty three percent said yes for ones that are just two hours long. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it should be like halfway through any movie. Yeah, I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: I mean we do it on family movie nights. All right, pause, everybody get there for jamazon brush your teeth.
Speaker 1: Yes, mommy and daddy are having a love making break. Everybody pause much time. Young adults are more likely to want the intermission than old folks, who will proudly boast about back in the day when they sat through Gone with the.
Speaker 2: Wind, Damn, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Two other important stats. Twenty five percent said a movie should never have an intermission yeah, and twelve percent said all movies should have intermissions, no matter the lane.
Speaker 2: The people that are saying never, like my dad, who literally sleeps through the entire na.
Speaker 1: You know, So it looks like we're all gonna have to agree to disagree. Actually, this guy is in a disagreement with Brooks left shoe right now. He wants to blindfold it, but the shoe wants to do it the old fashioned way. Layson's tight. That sound means Laser Stories is over for the day. We'll do it again the same time on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.