Speaker 1: Breakfast Club. Pick you think I'm coming here when this day? DJ Infy and Charlamagne the God being there.
Speaker 2: Next to all of you guys.
Speaker 3: It's really it's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you'll always keeping one honey.
Speaker 1: Gods, keep it real. But what better place than than here.
Speaker 4: I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: He start out there, y'all want to shake it up? Good moon in Usa yo yo yo.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo Charlamagne, the God piece to the planet is Monday.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's Monday. Back to the work week. Good morning. How is the weekend?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: I am blessed black and Hoghy favored another day to serve. The weekend was great. Uh salute everybody who I saw in Nashville this weekend. Because you know my podcast networked the Block Effect, an iHeartRadio and Nissan. We're doing an event called the Thriller Possibility Summit. This was our second annual Thriller Possibility Summit and we fly fifty HBCU students the Nashville for a weekend of panels and mentor ship and networking, and we had a great time this weekend.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: And it's not just HBCU students, it's HBCU students who.
Speaker 1: Who major in steam.
Speaker 7: Okay, so science, Technology, engineering, Arts, and mathematics.
Speaker 1: So that's dope. Yeah, we had a great time this weekend, man.
Speaker 7: Always good to see those those future leaders, absolutely, those future.
Speaker 1: Leaders of all communities.
Speaker 7: So salute all those people, those young kids that came out this weekend.
Speaker 1: Now it's dope.
Speaker 9: Slew to all the HBCU students right now as well, headed to class or getting your ass up, reready to go to your your first whatever you gotta.
Speaker 1: Do, whether studying or whatever it may be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jackson State was heavy, heavy and heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a lot of.
Speaker 7: A lot of kids from Jackson State applied to the Thriller Possibility Summit and got in.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, saluted them. That's what it is. A salute to all the the you know what, do what he scores. But I just cheer. That's that's that's all I That's all I do. And you know it's funny.
Speaker 9: On my way to the game, myself was like Dad, I never played Goldie because he was like, I'm a striker. I don't even know what striker means. On the on the he was like, I'm a striker. He was like, I never played gold I don't know if I can even play Goldie. Well, the goalie got sick. He had to play Goldie boy. He was all over the place. He didn't know what was going on. But he did score two points at the at the second they call the second half as it halps, then that's half.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the second half he went back to strike mode and scored too.
Speaker 9: So some tall a soccer dads out there, But let's get the show cracking.
Speaker 1: Uh. Pete Buddha Judge will be joining us to.
Speaker 7: Scoring arry Pete Buda Judge, the Secretary of Transportation.
Speaker 9: Yes, we're gonna be chopping it up with him in a little bit. And of course we got front page news next testling figure out we'll be joining us. So don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, good.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody, your sej N V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Good mornings, the.
Speaker 10: Morning guys one DJ M Charlemagne the god Yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo, how was your weekend?
Speaker 10: It was very good. Thank you for asking. I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's jump right into the sports.
Speaker 9: I had the Chiefs beat the Dolphins, Saints beat the Bears, Vikings beat the Falcons, the Packers beat the Rams, Commanders beat the Patriots, the Texans beat the Buccaneers, the Ravens beat the Seahawks, the Browns beat the Cardinals, the coach beat the Panthers. The Giants lost to the Raiders. Not only did we lose that game, we lost the quarterback for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: It looks like. And the Eagles beat the Cowboys, Bengals beat the Bills. I'm glad.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you humbly said the Eagles beat the Cowboys. You know what I'm saying, because I thought you was about to try to beat cocky as if your giants didn't lose. You know, one thing about y'all, especially New York, is y'all like self awareness. So you know, even though the Giants lost, y'all will still act like and the Fagles watched those Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, See, that's why.
Speaker 11: I do it.
Speaker 3: Because I didn't do it. I didn't do it, and he still got on me. See I wanted to make sure he was humble.
Speaker 8: That's all right, but.
Speaker 1: You did it right.
Speaker 9: And in Monday night football the Jets take on the All right, now, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 12: Let's talk about Alabama mayor. Yeah, let's talk about Babam mayor. But quickly with sports and HBCUs. I wanted to throw out there that Howard University now has the first HBCU figure.
Speaker 10: Skating team in the country.
Speaker 1: That black on ice.
Speaker 12: All right, so Alabama, Alabama Mayor Bubba Copeland kills himself at the right wing eighteen nineteen News outlet out of him for cross dressing. The Alabama preacher, politician, and married father Iie killed himself Friday, two days after he was.
Speaker 10: Outed as a transgender curvy girl.
Speaker 12: Now, Copeland was the mayor of a tiny town called Smith's Station, as well as the pastor at First Baptist Church. At the conservative news site, eighteen nineteen News exposed his secret online life about how he went went by the name of Britney, a transitioning transgender curvy girl. He said that he did it as a way to release stress that his wife was aware, and he delivered his regular sermon that same day that he was outed and he had this to say, object.
Speaker 1: Of internet attack. An article that was written about my capastitor is the mayor Capastitor's pastors. The oracle is not who or what I am.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 12: His suicide came after police was notified to do a welfare check. They began telling his car, he exited the vehicle, pulled out a handgun, took his own life. But what is eerie about this guy's is he did an interview in March of this year and when he was speaking about Smith's station, he was saying that their number one problem with suicide.
Speaker 10: He said, it is sad.
Speaker 12: I think a lot of us come from the military, and it had something to do with social media and the reality of that.
Speaker 10: He said, that's the number one problem that they had in their town. So that was really eerie.
Speaker 12: And just as a FYI won in seven transgender people are not open about their gender identity to people and their family. In addition, fifty one percent have reported hiding or disguising their LGBTQ status at work because of fear of discrimination. So I thought this is interesting because last week you guys had a story where you were talking about remember Santana was saying, when are you too old to be gay? And although you know we were talking about it, one of the points that was brought up was people how they hide, you know, their identity and come out when they're older.
Speaker 10: So this is a really sad story to see this happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very sad. I mean, what should happen to somebody who outs somebody like that?
Speaker 9: You know, because it's their personal life, it's how you know, like you said, he did it to relieve stress or whatever the reason he said. But if somebody outs that person and that person doesn't want to be out it, he doesn't want to be put out there like that, what should happen to that person that outs?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think there's no laws on the book about outing people, is it? I don't know.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not aware of any laws on the book, but I am aware. You know, something called liability and being that you know, it's an eighteen news eighteen nineteen news is an actual entity. You know, the family certainly can you know, look to see, you know, what, right, if there's any liability associated with that? Funeral services of scheduled this week, so you know, maybe they will, you know, look into.
Speaker 1: That all right. Well, let's talk about Tyson and chicken.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is really important.
Speaker 12: A Tyson recosts thirty thousand pounds of chicken nuggets. They are voluntarily recalling about those dino shaped chicken nuggets. So if you buy those for your kids, some consumers have found small metal pieces in their patties. Now. The recalls announced Saturdays for the twenty nine ounce plastic baggies that says fully cooked fun Nuggets, bread and shaped chicken patties. Those bags have a best use day for September fourth. They were sold in Alabama, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Speaker 10: So if you bought those chicken nuggets, throw them out now.
Speaker 1: I know folks got those in the house.
Speaker 7: Yes, kids, absolutely, But what your daddy said a long time ago here on the breakfast club, stop chicken nugget and them kidds to death, right, is said what he said, chicken nugget to death.
Speaker 1: You're lie.
Speaker 9: Sometimes that's just easy, especially when when mom's not there and dad's then you're gonna get these chicken nuggets.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's crazy. Hopefully nothing happened any of those kids because they can.
Speaker 1: It's a again, it's very scary, is it, because it's metal in them?
Speaker 12: Yeah, they found small metal pieces Jesus in the patty so and wanted to give everybody before we close out just what's coming up for the week.
Speaker 10: So we have Trump on the standarday.
Speaker 12: Local elections are tomorrow, guys, so pay attention to your local elections. That what matters way more to me than the federal level. And then on Wednesday we have the third Republican debates, so we'll be covering all that this week on.
Speaker 10: From page News.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Tesz.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, we're seeing a couple of minutes now, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let us know how your weekend was. Did you have a good week in great week?
Speaker 1: And what did you do?
Speaker 9: Call us up eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Is your chance to vent It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest, whether you're.
Speaker 1: Mad or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 8: Call up now.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: This went up?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 8: Home man the Dyanties? What upug man? I'm good bro.
Speaker 14: Let you know, bro, my moms, you really do not like y'all at all, But y'all one of my favorite shows. Real in the morning, I'll be listening to y'all dropping my truck, drive my truck to me.
Speaker 7: I think that is I think I think that is a very uh realistic thing you just said, because the reality of life is three people gonna like you, three people are not gonna like you, and four people don't even give a damn.
Speaker 1: That's the rule of ten.
Speaker 7: Always remember that three people are gonna like you, three people not gonna like you, four people don't even give a damn.
Speaker 1: Why your mom don't like us? Though?
Speaker 8: She just don't.
Speaker 14: She thinks y'all Jerney and I only hit it with the yo yo yo yo yo yo yo like when she answered the pho, I'll be like yo yo yo and she hangs up on me so fast.
Speaker 1: Bro, she might be right, though, Well, tell your moms we love her. I don't love her because I don't know us. I'm not gonna lie like.
Speaker 9: That, everybody, Man, tell your mom, that's not true. I don't love everybody, but she's an older woman.
Speaker 15: We know love my mom.
Speaker 5: She good woman.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I'm sure.
Speaker 8: Well now now she got a reason for.
Speaker 3: I don't know her like that's crazy. I hate when people do that generic stuff. Yo, man, love her till I love her.
Speaker 1: I don't know her.
Speaker 14: I ain't gonna tell you what. I ain't gonna tell your name, but put the respect for her name, I said.
Speaker 1: I send her nothing but healing energy, healing.
Speaker 8: Have a good day, you have a good with Tody.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this Shatima?
Speaker 16: What is he?
Speaker 1: Okay? Shatima with a t Get it off your chest, Mama.
Speaker 14: Hi, I don't have anything to get off my chest.
Speaker 17: But I just wanted to call and wish my daughter a happy twenty first birthday.
Speaker 18: I am so proud of her.
Speaker 17: She's a senior at the University of Delaware and she's doing her.
Speaker 7: Stay there you, University Delaware. Salute to her for surviving Delaware.
Speaker 17: Stop it, yeah, University of Delaware.
Speaker 10: She is senior.
Speaker 14: Her name is Janaiah Hodge.
Speaker 1: Jania. Hope she go out there and do great things in this world. Absolutely, I can't.
Speaker 4: Believe I got through.
Speaker 17: This is in all these years, this is the only time I got through, so you know it's a prayer from God for my daughter.
Speaker 9: There you go, Shatima, Will you have a go when I got I got one on November thirteenth and one on November twenty eight, both coming up, shorty.
Speaker 18: Yes, my husband is November twelve.
Speaker 17: Maybe I should give him an early shout out to Casey.
Speaker 1: There you go. What's his name is Casey?
Speaker 14: Casey Hai from Hollis Queen's baby.
Speaker 6: That's what ueez?
Speaker 1: Oh you're all from Queens. Yes, when you go Pas thirty four, Saint Joga Man.
Speaker 17: We went to PS one thirty four one ninety two and Andrew Jackson's baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, I went to Saint Joga minn right right right around the corner.
Speaker 5: Okay, going all right, thank y'all for taking the call.
Speaker 3: All right, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to hit us up right now, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. She calling eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 10: This is Liza More.
Speaker 8: I need dj D leave us up.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest, Mama.
Speaker 20: Get it off my chest.
Speaker 10: I want to tell these white people keep your white privilege. Don't come in my job trying to get me fired.
Speaker 20: It's holiday time. Change for change, Change for change, keep that attitude.
Speaker 17: I'm calling this white.
Speaker 21: Privilege out before the new year is out.
Speaker 9: Don't come in my job with your stake tears, crying, trying to get me fired, because I'm stazzle you.
Speaker 10: And then I'm gonna walk out and I'm gonna quit.
Speaker 1: Where you work at LEA.
Speaker 5: Oh I just quit on Saturday.
Speaker 9: We don't work.
Speaker 18: I don't work there.
Speaker 1: Oh you quit so you didn't end up hurting somebody.
Speaker 18: Oh no, I quit because I went to the NAACP and the EEOC because these white privileges as crackers is racist and I'm not having will.
Speaker 1: Did you work?
Speaker 3: Change for change?
Speaker 5: Change for change?
Speaker 10: They target the bitch fired right before holidays.
Speaker 8: You check with my gradson.
Speaker 7: I don't know why you keep shouting out all change for change, but thank you, because the breakfast clubs change for changes back, and it's all about making the holidays extra special for our listeners.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yes, Claire, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Claire, dang Hi DJ Inded, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Mama.
Speaker 22: Hi.
Speaker 17: How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 14: I'm doing good things.
Speaker 17: I love you guys. I watch you guys every day. And I also wanted to just talk about an interview you guys did last week with blacks Malone.
Speaker 1: Blass Malone, Yes, indeed, yeah.
Speaker 17: And I just wanted to say, like, you know, I understand Kim. Every time someone brings up Kim Kardashian, it's like, oh, well, she got rich off a sex tape of blah blah blah, and it's just like, let's move on. She was twenty three years old, it was consensual, her and aj were together.
Speaker 5: She's not doing that for a living. She's moved on. Move on.
Speaker 7: And also too, by the way, man, you know, it's not like other people didn't make sex tapes. It's just that other people didn't have the strategy, the business plan, in the hustle to make millions of dollars off their sex tapes. Clearly she did, yeah, but.
Speaker 17: She only did it one time.
Speaker 5: She's not making it for a living.
Speaker 7: That is very true. I go don't you don't become You don't become Kim Kardashian A build with the Kardashians.
Speaker 1: Build if all you got is the sex tape to stand though, that's true.
Speaker 7: And also to make sure y'all subscribe the Glasses of Loan podcast and No Ceilings podcast on the Black Effect I Heeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: What's dropping?
Speaker 8: Breastfast Club? This is front Page y'all?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 23: Brother?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 5: Really quick, man, listen. I don't know who I got to talk to us, is Eric Adams or whatever in the case, but I'm a New York Twenty five mile an hour zones all over New York is ridiculous for me, man, this is crazy. I'm in a six ship. I can't do twenty five. Nobody wants to do that.
Speaker 3: And it's cameras everywhere down and then speed cameras everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: But how how fast do y'all want to drive through the actual city? You can it's only but so much. You can only go but so fast because of traffic.
Speaker 5: At least give me thirty three, Give me thirty Give me to come to twenty five. That's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Okay, particular, I'm pretty sure you can get away with thirty. No, no, no, because anything I think it's five over, they give you a ticket. So if it's twenty five and he doing thirty getting a ticket, you go get that ticket in the mail.
Speaker 5: Second gear, I'm done it.
Speaker 8: Connect this to one more the guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, first and foremost, rest of peace, thread.
Speaker 8: The God soon.
Speaker 5: We are never gonna forget. And I want to put it out there for the Cuskago brothers. We got a movie coming out on It's gonna launch in a shock theaters. It's called The Pale White Horse, So everybody come out of support. December third, we're gonna rack that out. Shot by the Cuskino Brothers and True Life Films.
Speaker 1: Is it based.
Speaker 5: It's really a thriller. It's really a thriller, not based off the book, but we're going in it's really a thriller. We didn't want to go so.
Speaker 1: Deep right there, just put the testers out, okay.
Speaker 5: But we're gonna be launching December third, shot by the Tuskino Brothers. I want to shut a shout out to those brothers. Man the rest of peace, spread the gardsn that's my guy, and we're gonna be doing some big things.
Speaker 9: Absolutely and shout to UH and rest in peace to k Slay too. I see Kase Slee and Patpoos put together h a two hundred MC video and song and and Fred the Godson got a verse on there. It's like an hour long and it's everybody from Snoop to Ray Kwan to Frend the god Son to you name it, Jim Jones, may no e forty. I mean, bun b is. So many people on there spitting it's dope. It's long, but it's dope.
Speaker 8: It is dope it is.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry we missed that. One was supposed to be on that bill.
Speaker 1: Now he might be. It's like I said, it's two on the MC. There's so many MC's on that on that on that record. But thank you brother. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Now when we come back, we got your room and report. Lauren Hill, Well, she has a message for y'all. Every time y'all say she's being late, well she responds, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club on b et the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the J. M. G.
Speaker 9: Charlamagde and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club on this Monday. Now, let's get to the roomors, let's talk Lauren Hill.
Speaker 1: Out the name or you GOTSI chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 24: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea.
Speaker 9: Spells right right now, Lord, Lauren Hill is tired of y'all saying that she's always late for her shows.
Speaker 1: Show she had to address it.
Speaker 13: She's late, your youngesty, I'm making of this being ross stage and a big.
Speaker 8: Do it.
Speaker 1: I don't do it because they let me do it. Do it because I started hearing the name of God.
Speaker 13: He allows me to do it. You surrounded me with the family and community when there was no saport.
Speaker 1: When the album sold sold.
Speaker 13: Many records, and no one showed up and said, hey, would you like to make another one? So I went around the world and I played the same album over again.
Speaker 10: Because we're the survivors.
Speaker 1: It was not just the Survivors where the thrives.
Speaker 7: Well, question, isn't she often late? Like nobody's making that up. That's not a false narrative.
Speaker 1: Right, No, No, everybody who says that they want to go see a show said she was she late to that show. Is that why she addressed it? I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I mean, listen, man, you know, it just seems like that Lauren is in rare air because she's like one of the only artists alive that can treat her fans terribly and folks still love it. I got love for Lauren Hill, and I understand how hard it is mentally and emotionally work yourself up to show up the things.
Speaker 1: But if you if you are constantly late, it's still unprofessional, right, absolutely.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If you take on the responsibility to be somewhere and provide a service, then you have to be there and provide that service. Like and I've heard stories of folks waiting two and three hours for Lauren, and some people don't have the luxury of waiting and they be having to leave. So, you know, and Lauren should really, you know, truly show up for her fans on time, on time. You can't tell them I'm lucky that I even make it here.
Speaker 9: No, because people have schedules, they have babysitters, they have times that they can out a lot to make sure they can see your performance.
Speaker 1: And would they cheer for that?
Speaker 7: She if she was late, And then she's telling y'all, y'all lucky I even made it here. That's nothing to cheer about because the reality is, like, you know, she should feel blessed and lucky that her fans still care enough to wait for her after all these years.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 9: I think last week a woman called and said that she couldn't see actually Lauren Hill, but she had to leave. She had work in the morning, and she had kids, and she couldn't leave, and she paid this money, and she really wished that she would have been able to see them.
Speaker 1: Love Lauryn Hill to death. But you can't take advantage of the folks of the love that folks.
Speaker 8: Have for you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely now.
Speaker 9: J Cole, he was doing a podcast with Lili Yachti and talks about he doesn't charge for features.
Speaker 3: Yoh, bro, it's just a bar bro like like a lot of my bards be really on point. But man, that's just a flex like. I'm not going to charge it two thousand dollars a word. I don't even charge for the work. I'm doing this because I'm inspired to do it, and like, you know, that's a cool way for me to address Like there's a thing going on and I think I get two thousand dollars a word like bro calculating, Yeah, I'm not charging it because you know, I just I want to be on the song, you know what I mean, Like I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 7: I respect it that show honest because that way, every feature you do is a feature you actually want to do. And like he said, you got to be inspired to do certain things. So you might hear a beat and that inspiration hit you and you're like, oh, I want to jump on this. But you know when somebody comes to you with a bag and says, hey, I would like for you to get on this, you might, you know, compromise yourself sometimes.
Speaker 1: Because you can do it. He's a rapper, He's a dope rapper, so he can write to anything. I'm sure.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: He also talks about the Kendrick Lamar collab album that never happened.
Speaker 1: Gang of Beasts I did.
Speaker 3: I gave him some of them, like maybe had a hook on him and a herse this that the third so he took him and you know in that moment we talked about, yo, bro, we should do a project, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like at that time he not on like that, but I'm I'm with him. I had met him.
Speaker 3: I think at that time him being so excited, because that's a look for him at that point. So I think he went to Twitter like me and j Cole got something crazy coming, and he put up a picture of us, and from that moment, the fan base he had at the time mixed with mixed with mine, was like what you mean by that. When he did an interview whatever, they asked him like, yeah, we're doing a project.
Speaker 8: Boom.
Speaker 1: I believe that's how it happened.
Speaker 3: But a couple months before his first album came out, So at one point it was it was a real thing time in life. We ain't never got a chance to like really go in and do it correctly because that would take time, Bro, for us to do something like that's full of our potential, that meets our real potential. Bro, that you're gonna need time, like years, maybe yeah, maybe years, maybe at least a year, you feel me, Have that ship sailed?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think they can still do it. I would love to hear it I feel like it sailed a little bit. I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: I'd like to hit him collaborate. I don't know if I want to hear a whole project. I like to see J Cole do an album produced by Havoc a Mob Deep. I don't know why I keep having that that thought in my mind. You know, when you think about how Nas and Hip Boy got together and created magic, you know, I'd like to see J Cole and Havoc from Mob Deep do that as well. And I'd like to see Kendrick do a joint project with Rhapsody. That's what I'd like to see now. Also Jo and Hip Hop with this now.
Speaker 9: Also J Cole talks about Soldier Boy how at first he wasn't really sure about Soldier Boys.
Speaker 1: I guess style in his musical influence.
Speaker 3: Around the time Soldier Boy came out. I don't know how this happened, but I had a realization within myself because I'm hearing that, I'm like, man, this is Soldier Boy telling It sounds crazy to say now because it's such a classic to me, But at that time, I had resistance similar to when you came out and your class came out. I had resistance. Nah, that's not the thing that I love like y'all. It is like I was one of them, and it was literally a part of me that had a realization.
Speaker 11: And I was young.
Speaker 7: I was proud of myself for this realization because I was like, bruh, you a hater.
Speaker 3: Like yo, you are literally hating like you are literally you know you liked this. Actually you be with your friends and you know.
Speaker 1: You done did it?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 7: By the way, that wasn't critique of Soldier Boy, that was critique of himself. Correct, that's self awarenes It's very hard for us to admit sometime that we just hating jealousy and envy crushing within.
Speaker 1: Soldier Boy responded, what the is soap? Oh, that wasn't my cup of tea? And oh I wasn't really ship the Uh you was a bitch. They ain't gonna talk about Oh I was a hater.
Speaker 8: Yes, you was a hater.
Speaker 1: We don't have to know.
Speaker 25: You don't have to tell the whole world you was hating on me. Bro, we don't care what the that's like me going on the podcast right now and be like man Jake Coler dirty, he don't watch his dread. I ain't never listen to none of his music. When we was in the track, we were listening to Gucci Man and Young Jeezy, Like, bro, who gives us about my opinion?
Speaker 21: Bro?
Speaker 25: Keep to yourself.
Speaker 7: Oh man, you can't tell someone how to react ever, right, But that was a little bit.
Speaker 9: But he I don't come on, Solji. They didn't have the first part. The first part he started slow. He was like, nah, I respect J Cole for what he said, and then he just went totally left. I respect what both of them said. You know what I'm saying. You can't tell somebody, But it.
Speaker 3: Was a distinsli boy. He was just saying, this is what I thought at first, But I rock with soldier boy with the music.
Speaker 7: He wasn't just sold. That was critique of him. That was a critique of himself as a person. J Cole, Yes, but I understand what's soja coming from. You aint gotta tell everybody he was hating on me. But if he's saying that the critique himself, yes.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 9: All right, Well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got front page news tesling figure oh be joining us. It'll go anywhere. It's the breakfast lug Gome Morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Your mornings will never be the same. Good morning, everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlemagne the gud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page nude.
Speaker 12: I'm going on DJ and be Charlemagne the guy.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right, and it's a front page news. So off with sports.
Speaker 9: The Chiefs beat the Dolphins, Sames beat the Bears, Vikings beat the Falcons, Packers beat the Rams, Commanders beat the Patriots, the Texans beat the Buccaneers, Ravens beat the Seahawks, the Browns beat the Cardinals, the Coach beat the Panthers, the Raiders beat the Giants, the Eagles beat the Cowboys, and the Bengals beat the Bills.
Speaker 1: And then Monday night football. Lee just take on the charges.
Speaker 7: I tell you one thing. As a Dallas Cowboys fan, I'm making no excuses. It's very hard to beat a good team. And the referees. I want to put that out there. I mean, nobody is going to say anything about the referee who you know called the flag last night. I forgot who it was against, but then when you look at he called the flag, then he picks the flag back up, and then when you look at the replay, you can clearly see one of the Eagles players push my man in the face, and you can see why they called the flag in the first place. But you're gonna call it and just pick it up. What kind of sense does that? Make it very hard to beat a good team and the rest NFL.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for your team losing. Now let's jump right into it. Let's talk about what happened in Montgomery.
Speaker 10: You're not really sorry, but nope, just to give an update.
Speaker 12: So we remember when the Montgomery brawl happened, everybody was making means talking about it, and then people just kind of fall off.
Speaker 10: They don't go back and actually follow the story.
Speaker 12: So I want to give you an update on Two of the five suspects have played guilty for their actions. Twenty one year old Mary Todd played guilty to harassment as a part of the plea deal. Her deal orders her to complete anger management courses and she has to pay for the costs associated with her case. The other suspect, forty eight year old Robert Richard Roberts, pled guilty to assault and was sentenced to thirty two days in jail. Roberts will complete his sentence in a span of four months, as well as completing one hundred hours of community service and covering court calls. So those are the white folks, by the way, because people wanted to know, you know, what's happening to the white folks. But the other three suspects, including Reggie Ray, who we call the chairman, is scheduled to appear in court November sixteenth, so he will be charged with the orderly conduct as well as todd and shipment to other individuals that were involved, and they will be charged with third degree assaults. So I'll follow that on the sixteenth to see, you know, if he gets any punishment for hit in.
Speaker 10: The chair, having a bone chair.
Speaker 1: Okay, now let's what's going on with Alaska Airlines.
Speaker 12: Yeah, a interesting story on this one. I hate these flying stories. I'm flying today. But according to a newly foul lawsuit, passengers on the Alaska Airlines flight where an off duty attempted to cut off the engines and felt the plane. Then they felt the plane dramatically pitched forward as if it was in a nose dive. And this happened a couple of weeks ago, but now the passengers they're filing a lawsuit that is the news story, and they're filing it against Alaska Airlines and harassment, Horizon Airlines, and the pilot. They claimed that the airline did not properly evaluate off duty pilot Joseph Emerson before they gave him the seat in the.
Speaker 10: Extra cockpy the jump seat.
Speaker 12: So the lawsuit claims had they done so, he would have more than likely not he would have been denied admission and could not have been in a position to nearly kill everyone. They're saying that he tried to kill everyone because he was going through some type of nervous breakdown and was depressed and had used magic mushrooms, so they're blaming the airline for that. I don't know how I feel about this one, guys, because I don't know what they could have valued, you know, how they could have predicted this guy doing this, unless there's something in his medical report that, you know, literally says that there's some type of medical issue. I don't know if him saying he was experiencing nervous problem, you know, if that's in the medical reporter now, so this is going to be interesting to see I get them found the lawsuit, but at the same time, I just you know, how could they But he.
Speaker 7: Wasn't I mean, from what I read, he wasn't supposed to be in that seat period he was.
Speaker 1: He was off duty.
Speaker 7: You're not supposed to be in that You're not supposed to be in that suit seat if you're off duty. So that's the problem, Like they let him fly in that seat knowing that he was off duty. He had no business in that seat.
Speaker 9: But if he's an active pilot and then he works for the airline, I don't I don't see why they would be a problem because they have people do that all the time.
Speaker 7: He had no business being in that seat. You have to be on duty to sit in that seat. He was off duty, but he had no He should not have been in that seat in the first place.
Speaker 3: Because I I thought, with those jump seats, that's that's what they made for. That's why there is a third seat in the cockpit. He's off duty, Yeah, but there's never three pilots.
Speaker 9: I thought that was they have those jump seats for off duty pilots getting to their next flights.
Speaker 1: It wasn't for off duty, not from what I read.
Speaker 12: Well, from what well, from what I'm reading, the lawsuit is claiming about his metal condition, but I can I'll look and see if that's also an issue about them not being in that seat, but they're not, at least as far as what I'm reading, it's mainly about his medical condition.
Speaker 10: That was my thing, like, how would they determine? You know, he could have did this as well?
Speaker 8: Did this? All right?
Speaker 1: All right, well that is your front page news. Think you tears? Huh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely what they said he was a stand by employee passenger.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what did that mean? He was supposed to work things didn't go well, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Well, we'll we'll see as the lawsuit moves forward.
Speaker 9: Now you can check out test Will Charloamaanne, subscribe to Tetlin Figure's podcast This Great Shot, No Change of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeart radio podcast net work, and follow our Teslin Figure on all social media platforms. All right, now, when we come back, Secretary of Transportation Pete Booty Judge will be joining us and our sister Angelaraj She's gonna stop through the hold us down with this interview as well, So don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club, gonna be eat the Breakfast Club by everybody is dj n V Charlemagne to God. We are to Breakfast Club. Angelari is with us as well, and we have a special guess in the building, the US Secretary of Transportation, Pete Moody.
Speaker 1: Judge, welcome back. Thank you having Secretary Pete. Good to be back. Good news here.
Speaker 9: Before you came in, I was talking about Secretary Pete about his cars, and you were saying that I see somewhere that he likes the new Mustang, the electric Mustang, and that you they said you were in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Actually, I thought we should practice what we preached. We're encouraging electric vehicles, and I thought we ought to do that too. So our security detail we had them get a Mustang Mochi, which is how I usually get around when I'm in Washington, and it's great. My favorite part is when they took delivery of it. Part of what standard. You know, they get the keys, they get the paperwork, and then they get a gas card for buying gas, you know, to reimburse that. And they're never going to need that because it doesn't need any gas. Electric taxpayers will never have to pay for a drop a gas going into that car.
Speaker 9: When you talk about the electric grid, right when it comes to all these electric cars, they're hopefully focus and I guess in the next five years they want all calls to turn over to electric.
Speaker 1: Do we have a strong enough grid to hold all.
Speaker 9: Those electric cars and all the electric battery cause and everything that we need, and also when people are driving from state to state, is enough to make sure that these people won't run out of electric and be on the side of the road.
Speaker 11: Right, So the honest answer is we cannot run tomorrow's cars on today's grid. But the other part of the answer is that's why we're upgrading the grid and the chargers. So President's goals by the end of this decade, we want half of new car sales to be electric. We think we can get there. It's not for everybody. It's not for everybody overnight prices still need to come down, but we think we can get to half by the end of the decade. We also have to have about half a million chargers around the country by the end of the decade, and we're funding that. Part of what was in the President's Infrastructure Law is about seven and a half billion dollars that we're using to really do two things. One is what you're talking about, where you go out on a road trip, you know there's going to be a gas station. We've got to make sure when you go on a road trip, you know there's going to be a charging station. But the other piece is we've got to make sure there's community charging. So if you live in a single family home where you got a garage, then it's easy. You can just plug in your wall. At our house in Michigan, we just plug it in a regular wallplug.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 11: But if you're in an apartment building, if you're in a dense area, and especially if you're in a low or middle income area, then it might not yet be profitable for companies to put in chargers. So we've got to make sure that we accelerate that process, put a little incentive in to make the economics move in the right direction so that everybody has has access because then they have a chance at the savings that come from not having to buy gas. So it's definitely a process. The grid has to be upgraded too, but remember it's also complicated and expensive to move millions and millions and millions of gallons of liquid fuel around this country every day. At the end of the day, in the long run, it's more efficient to move electrons through a so to speak, through you know, through transmission lines, than it is to move liquids around. But you know, this is not going to happen overnight. It's going to be years. We're underway, we're working out.
Speaker 2: Mayor P Now, Secretary P.
Speaker 11: I'll always answer to Mayor.
Speaker 2: And I love that.
Speaker 26: And I also think that it's really interesting that the most times I hear about you as when something went wrong in transportation, for example, the railroad derailments earlier this year, and I would love for you to talk to the audience about how the railroad administration responded to those derailments.
Speaker 11: Yes, the one that god the most detention was in February this year in Ohio there was a Norfolk Southern train who was carrying hazardous materials. It derailed and in order to prevent an explosion, they actually burned off some of the material that was in there. Thankfully, there were no fatalities there, but it was terrifying for the town there, called East Palestine. There was a lot of frustration, a lot of anger, and a lot of misinformation that really terrorized the community. When that happened. Over time, I realized that we had to change the way we approached these Normally, a Secretary of Transportation doesn't go to an active HASTHMAD site or an active crash site, not because people in this job don't care about the issue, but because we have a National Transportation Board Safety Board. It's designed to be independent. They the investigation, we do the policy. But what I found was people wanted and needed to see a visible administration figure there, and honestly I was a little slow to see the importance of that given the misinformation that was going on. So I knew that I had to get out there and do something that was a little bit of a break from the norm but was very important so that the people who live in that community knew that they wouldn't have to wait a year for the NTSB report to come out to know that we cared about them and we were supporting. Now, to be clear, our department was on the ground from the first hours of that incident. It's not like we weren't present or like we forgot, but the information layer and the things that they were being told as they had very legitimate questions like, is my house safe? Is the water safe? Which it was, but they needed a testing to prove that is the air safe. The community was so terrorized by that that we had to take additional steps to get good information there. But here's the other thing that's really important. When I went out there, I wasn't just there to show my face. I was there to talk about safety reforms that we need. That incident woke up a lot of Americans to something people didn't know, which is that all along we have had every single day on average to around we're about a thousand to rail once a year in this country, and there's nothing new. In fact, it used to be more. They came down from many thousands of a year because of regulations. People don't always want to hear about regulations. Regulations aren't always popular if they make us safer. And so right now, there's a bill sitting in Congress called the Railway Safety Act, bipartisan bill that would give my department more power to hold these railroad companies accountable. It would allow us to increase the fines to something that would really get their attention, because right now, a multi billion dollar corporation might not really care that much about the fines at the level that we're allowed to assess if we catch them in a violation, other measures around the physical safety of the tank cars that these chemicals move in, and it's just sitting there. Some of the same members of Congress who couldn't wait to get on TV to try to make a partisan shoe out of this still haven't gone on the record on whether they're four against it. By February, it's going to be a year since that crash happened. And again there are other derailments, thankfully usually not as serious, but there are other derailments happening every day. We need those enforcement tools, we need that stepped up action, and we're doing everything we can under the laws as it exists. What we need Congress to do more too, because.
Speaker 1: They limit with the cars that the actual trains can carry.
Speaker 9: Because anybody that in seventy five to seven Virginia knows that those trains are going for fifteen to twenty minutes, So is there a limit.
Speaker 11: There's not, but we're looking at the safety issues of that because now you've got trains that are a mile long, two miles long, three miles long. It is amazing, and this is another thing we're working on right now. There's actually no legal requirement on how many people need to be staffing that train. The railroad industry, Bobby has been pushing to have it be down to one. Imagine one person on a train that's three miles long. We see the back of it, no, I mean we take we take you an hour to walk to the back of it. So we were putting through a rule that would establish a minimum staffing standard. But we're also looking at some of the safety implications of trains being that long. Then you have the community implications when I'm in especially in smaller communities, and they have these railroad crossings and you get stuck behind.
Speaker 1: It twenty minutes and it's not crazy for your commute.
Speaker 11: But sometimes that's an ambulance, you know, sometimes that's a safety issue. Somebody really needs to get there. But we're also changing that. So we have another part that I love the Presence Infrastructure Plan is we have dollars for railroad crossing elimination. Now we can't get all of them, there's hundreds of thousands of these, but we can go to some of the places. We were in North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota. They've been trying to get rid of this railroad crossing since I think nineteen ninety one. Everybody in town when we went there and knew about the spot we were talking about. I think it's forty first Street that just cuts off one part of town where the university is, from another part of town, where finally we brought the funding that that's going to allow them to eliminate that crossing. Orangeburg, South Carolina, you know a lot about orange Absolutely, we're with the Congressman Cliburn there celebrating work that's going to help there where you have highways and railways that cut people off. So in addition to holding the railroads accountable, we're also looking at the physical infrastructure here. Now, I would be remiss if I did not mention that as we speak, House Republicans are pushing cuts to a program called CHRISY, the Consolidated Rail Infrastructure Safety Improvement Program, which is one of the main sources of federal dollars we use to improve the safety of our railroads. I would argue that now is the time to double down on that, not to cut it. And you're going to hear me making a lot of noise about this as they're deciding how to vote.
Speaker 9: We got more with the Secretary of Transportation when we come back. Pete Boota Judge is the breakfast club, Good Morning Mourning. Everybody is dj n V, Charlamagne to God, Angela Rai, we are the breakfast club. We're still kicking it with the Secretary of Transportation, Pete Bouta Judge, angel.
Speaker 26: Ra You know, the other thing you brought up is Palestine, which is not exactly the same as what's happening in the Middle East and Palestine and Israel conflict.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of folks in the community.
Speaker 26: Who feel very strongly about the amount of four and eight dollars that are going overseas to support but aren't feeling that same type of aid and relief in our own communities. Department of Transportation is responsible for some of the relief that can be provided to the community.
Speaker 2: So can you talk a little bit about what you all are doing in that regard.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're focused on what we can do with the federal dollars that have been entrusted to us to make everyday life better. It's part of why I'm here in New York. Yeah, yeah, So We've got the Hudson Tunnel. This is a ton of hundreds of thousands of people count on this to get their communities from here to New Jersey and beyond. It's one hundred years old. We got one in Baltimore that we're redoing. It will be known as the Frederick Douglas Tunnel. Right now, it's known as the Baltimore and Potomac Tunnel.
Speaker 1: What's title is, well, he said, the Hudsons and Hudson Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, East River Tunnel needs some work too, and we're working on that. So and this is a major I mean, the Hudson Tunnel piece, a loan that's gonna be one of the biggest public works projects in modern American history.
Speaker 1: In twenty nineteen million dollars.
Speaker 11: That's just the start we've got. We've got billions more identified in our transit programs, and then we're gonna we're gonna have more announcements to make about that. It's gonna be billions. But yeah, this is two hundred ninety two million dollar piece that's gonna do the concrete casing around huts and yards. That's a big piece of it because we really need it. People count on it every day, whether they think about it or not. In fact, our goal is that people don't have to think about it. Yeah, if you're not thinking about infrastructure, if you're not thinking about whether there's a hole in the road that's going to screw up your car, or whether your train's going to be late because there's a problem in the tunnel, then you can think about whatever else you're dealing with in life. You can think about your job, you can think about your kids, you can think about your faith.
Speaker 1: Yes, when all that traffic that is going to call because of the construttion.
Speaker 11: While we're doing it, that's not what I had in mind.
Speaker 26: But the other thing is, if you put back on your mayor p head, it's not just folks getting to work.
Speaker 2: There are folks who are going to work on these.
Speaker 11: Projects, absolutely, and that's the because, look, these projects are going to take a while before they're done. But even during that period, you're talking about where things are you know, delayed or backed up. The jobs that that's created, and we're working to make sure that that there's fair access to those jobs. We've heard so many stories from from communities and people who look at you know, the project finally comes to their neighborhood and they say great, but nobody working on this project looks like they're from this name.
Speaker 2: My dad is the main one with the bullhorn.
Speaker 1: This bothered him.
Speaker 11: So we've got local higher preferences that we're now able to do under the law. We've been working with project labor agreements and community benefit agreements. I was in LA their program called Higher LAX specifically for people who are from the same zip code as Lax to get into these building trade jobs. And some of them, you know, some of them had had been homeless in the past, some of them had had an involvement in the justice system, and we're now making good money educating their kids, buying a home. I mean, these are transformational opportunities when you get some of these construction done. So we're really excited about that.
Speaker 1: How will it take.
Speaker 11: So some of the projects we can do in one construction season, so that's going to be years.
Speaker 1: That's four years more minimal.
Speaker 2: Traffic.
Speaker 11: So the concrete case thing we think they can do in about three years. Other parts of it are going to go well into the twenty thirties. Is just that big of a vision when you talk about the overall connection of what's called the gateway linking all the way there. But that's that's part of what we know you have to do. You have to have a portfolio of projects from ones are going to be done by it by this year to ones that that you know, some other transportation secretary is going to get to cut the ribbon on one day. But that also means a pipeline of work expect and you know, some of these are a long time coming. The other big one that we're excited about the were announcing the Second Avenue subway, extending that out to one hundred and twenty fifth Street. That neighborhood has been asking for decades to get that that kind of subway access. Uh and we're finally able to get it done with this kind of fun day and it's I know it's going to change lives. Yes, the job's working on it, but also just the jobs that people are going to be able to have because they can take advantage of the transit.
Speaker 7: Would those changes Would that increase the price of traveling? Will Metro cards go up again?
Speaker 11: No, at least not not as a result of what we're funding. I don't know what the plans are for MTA or how they're thinking about their fares. I know, congestion pricing, which is a state project. That's part of how they're planning to on some of their work, but no, part of what we're trying to do is provide more of the federal funding because you couldn't raise fares high enough to cover the cost of these You just can't do a you know, fifteen to twenty billion dollar project on the strength of the fares. There's there's a lot of money to go around people to stop.
Speaker 1: You couldn't keep using it.
Speaker 11: That's why there has to be a federal role. And by the way, I think it's fair game for there to be a federal role because even if you don't use that tunnel every day, we're all living in an economy where if that tunnel was out of service, that would impact the economy, you know, all the way back to our house in Michigan.
Speaker 26: One of the other things that I think is important we have, of course, saw the Supreme Court decimate Affirmative Action for higher education earlier this year during the summer. I know that a day program at SDA took some hits as well. This attorney that's on these cases is relentless about it. Are you at all concerned about the impacts on the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program at DOT and how that might impact even some of the companies who are working on projects around the infrastructure.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 11: They're coming after our dB program too. Now, we believe that program is not just good policy, but it's legally sound. We're going to fight for it. We know that it's made a difference in terms of people getting access to these jobs and opportunities that come with it. Just yesterday I was speaking to the National Association of Minority Contractors. They are gearing up, getting ready, and by the way, what they want is a fair shot to compete. But these are businesses that have been over the years you look in the past, systematically excluded the whole basis of the dB program. The reason why it has legal footing is that there's been a lot of proof of the disparities that have opened up. And when these businesses do get a fair shot to compete, they can do amazing work and then they create jobs as they go. So, whether we're talking about AAA to A, which is a Small Business Administration program, or our own programs that go under the flagship at DBE. We're going to keep pushing because we believe in them. We're doing matchmaking. You think it's like speed dating between investors and businesses that want to grow In this way, we're doing matchmaking between people who are building transit and transportation projects and the businesses that hope to bid on it. And it's not just you know, if you're in heavy construction, it could be you could have an accounting or legal services or professional services business that could benefit from some of the opportunities. We even upped our own goal for the federal contracts from our Department the DOT. We upped it to twenty one percent from a category called sdb's the Small Disavantaged Businesses, and we beat that goal and we're looking at what we can do to turn the diary higher. So we really believe in this work. I know it's coming under attack. I just don't think those attacks are lead sound.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna push.
Speaker 9: We got more with the Secretary of Transportation when we come back. Pete Boot to Judge's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Mourning. Everybody is the ej Envy Charlomagne to God, Angela Raih.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: We're still kicking it with the Secretary of Transportation Pete boota Judge Charlomagne.
Speaker 7: I want to ask you about some some political stuff going on. How do you feel working with the news speaker at a house Mike Johnson when you hate gays.
Speaker 11: You know it's my job to try to work with anybody, so I will kind yeah. I mean, look, we're joking earlier about my minivan, like it's a strange feeling to be driving our kids, our twin two year olds to daycare, driving past the Capitol, looking at the dome of the Capitol, knowing that under it sits a speaker who thinks that my marriage ought to be against the laws. I mean, not as not being in favor of marriage, which most people in the country.
Speaker 7: Get now, but just wanting to conversion therapy.
Speaker 11: The conversion therapy, these laws. I mean, I don't I don't get it. But again, you know, my job is to try to work with anybody. Look, I was a gay mayor in Indiana when Mike Pence was the governor, and I fought him on those issues, but I also worked with him on other issues because working together on the economy was the right thing to do. For the city. So it's uh, he got departmentalized.
Speaker 7: I think he takes it a step further than Mike Pince. I mean he the criminalization of gay sex is what he talks about. He says, you know, homosexuality led to the fall of the Roman Empire. Like that, that's a bit different. I think that's a step further than Mike Pinn.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he seems exceptionally committed to that ideology. I don't know how you reach somebody like that, you know, I saw somebody ask him about his worldview and he said, you know, pick up a Bible and read it. That's my worldview. I pick up a Bible and I get to a place like Proverbs twenty nine, the righteous man knows the cause of the poor, and the wicked regarded it not. And then I'm thinking about the Speaker of the House who went out of his way to be against the child tax Credit, which when President Biden's American Rescue Plan expanded, the child tax credit cut child poverty in half, and when they let it expire, child poverty doubled. So we know that it was a cause and effect. Reverend Barber, William Barber, somebody have a lot of respect for him. He sometimes talks about how you see some of these figures out there who have, as he puts it, they say so much about what God says so little and so little about what God says so much.
Speaker 9: Do you lose faith a little bit when you think about all the things that you and your husband are thinking, and do you lose faith just a little bit? Because this is our government.
Speaker 11: It's our government. It's the only one we got. So if there's a part of it that is disturbing or discouraging, you've got to respond to that with the part of it you believe it. I mean, I can't throw up my hands and complain about the government when I've been given such a prominent role in our government, right, I just have to figure out how to use it to do the most good for the most people, which is my job.
Speaker 26: Looking forward to the twenty twenty four election, you're in this role at dot Transportation secretary. Have you thought about if you'd want to serve in any other capacity under another Biden Rison administration. I know you're not supposed to necessarily answer this, but you are really smart, have a lot of skill sets that you developed in school as well as as a mayor. There are so many other entities and agencies that could utilize the way that you think things through.
Speaker 2: Have you thought about any other role that you'd want to serve in.
Speaker 11: I'm pretty absorbed just in the day job that I've got. I love public service, and I serve as the pleasure of the president. I know that, you know, the job I'm doing now is.
Speaker 2: Not the kind of job you can do forever, answer my question.
Speaker 11: But I also think it's got to be the best job in the federal government right now because we're building things that you know, we're building the things as like my kids are going to be counting on fifty years from that, you know, fifty years from that, my kids will be going through the Hudson Tunnel that that that we're going to be starting construction on today. And being able to be at the forefront of some of that work is incredibly rewarding. So so yeah, I mean, the only honest answer.
Speaker 7: Your question is, I don't know, you dig Biden and Harris is still a winning ticket.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I gotta be careful how to talk about it, just because I'm here as secretary, I'm not supposed to talk campaigns But what I will say is I believe in the President and Vice president. I believe in the work we're doing, and I believe in the results that we're getting. I mean, I get that in so many ways, it's been a rough few years for everybody, and I get that we're still kind of coming out of some darkness, from from COVID to what was going on earlier with inflation, to just the political upheaval and everything that we're seeing in Congress and then the former president. But look at what's happened, like take aviation right now, we've got a lot of frustration with airlines not being able to keep up with the tickets they are selling. By the way, it made a lot of progress this year, cancelations down below normal.
Speaker 1: Still very expensive flying, and yeah, but that's.
Speaker 11: Because the demands has been going on. Right it was only two and a half years ago that the big conversation about airlines was are they going to go out of business? The big conversation was how much taxpayer funding do we need to put together to make sure that the US aviation sector doesn't collapse? And that was less than three years ago. You know, it's November right now, Folks are starting to thinking about holiday shopping Christmas presents. Two years ago, that was just two years ago. We were looking at news stories of ships waiting their turn off the West Coast and the supply chains were so backed up. People were saying Christmas is going to be canceled. And it wasn't like we figured it out. We got through it. We actually had an all time record high that year in terms of retail sales. But those kinds of things are happening. Thirty five dollars insulent for senior and if we didn't get blocked by congressional Republicans, it would be thirty five dollars a month insulent for everybody. And I think we can still get that done. So whether it's our transportation stuff or other sides of the house, like the administration has a lot to be proud of and also a lot of work today.
Speaker 1: Could go back to Mike Johns for one second.
Speaker 7: I know you got to go, but will you ever discouraged by Christianity because of the Bible's views on homosexuality? Because a lot of those guys like Mike Johnson, you know, they say they have those views because of what the Bible says. So were you ever personally discouraged.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think every Christian, definitely, every gay Christian has had to contend with the ways in which the Church and scripture have have been sometimes weaponized or or or turned against people. But the parts that that that most speak to to me have to do with with protecting those who need to be protected. They have to do with with infinite love. And Yeah, I think every Christian wrestles with with all of the different things and ideas and forces and and and and traditions that that that.
Speaker 1: Are part of that.
Speaker 11: But and it's turned a lot of people off from religion. Right at our wedding, our pastor talked about how many people are walking away from religion entirely.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 11: And and yet I think that it can be such a force for good without ever believing that I push, you know, what I believe on anybody else, and while being adamant that no one in this country ought to have to live based on some other guy's interpretation of his own religion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you referenced with Mike Johnson said earlier about his worldview. See you wanted them my worldview, pick up the Bible and it's like, could it be possible the Bible is an outdated worldview.
Speaker 11: Or you know which chapter and verse are you looking.
Speaker 1: Up when you pick up? Can't pick you though, right, He seems.
Speaker 11: To he's fine with doubling child poverty, but he's got a problem with what goes on in other people's bedrooms.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hard.
Speaker 7: It's crazy to just like gave people so much in your last name is Johnson. Shut up, man, I'm just saying us.
Speaker 1: That one pete, Secretary, you used that one that.
Speaker 2: Away, never go back.
Speaker 7: You appreciate what you say. Oh, you know what, Mike Johnson, he needs to look at the tip of the files.
Speaker 8: You know what I think.
Speaker 1: I gotta go cut it, Secretary. People appreciate I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Secretary, appreciate you. Thank you so much. Oh my goodness, Angela, I thank you as well.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Local wares morning everybody. It's dj En v Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 7: Yes, salut the Secretary of Transportation people to judge for pulling up.
Speaker 1: You know that's right. Well that's a monday, man, Lord, it is monday. Let's have you to be here. Yes, let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 8: Or you got.
Speaker 1: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 24: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea.
Speaker 9: Spells right right, all right now. Nicki Minaj has an album coming out on the eighth of December. She wrote a note in her Instagram saying, dear bobs, be sure that never I said barbs.
Speaker 1: Who are the bobs?
Speaker 9: Dear barb she said, be sure to never threaten anyone on my behalf, whether on the Internet or in person, whether in jest or not, I don't and never have condoned that. We have an amazing album right around the corner. Twelve eight twenty three. It feels so surreal and euphoric, wishing you blessings on blessings. So Nicky's saying, do not attack anybody fans.
Speaker 7: Well, after all these years and after all the attacks the barbs have delivered, I'm glad she finally decided to say, you tell them to stand down. That's right, okay, after all these years, it's good. Hopefully they'll listen now.
Speaker 9: Ray J's mom was rushed to the hospital after reaction to IV therapy.
Speaker 1: You know IV therapy.
Speaker 9: IV treatment is this new thing that goes on that they put this iv They come to your house so you can go to an iv shop and they're supposed to deliver essential vitamins and nutrients directly to the bloodstream. Unfortunately, TMZ said that when she was getting the IVY therapy, she all of a sudden she fell ill, started rapidly breathing hard, so they lay down. Ray J was concerned and called the ambulance. But they say, she's doing much better.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: Did they say what the reason was? Because I mean a lot of I like doing those IVY treatments too, I like to be twelve.
Speaker 1: What did they say? What the problem was?
Speaker 9: They didn't Why does she react that way that they didn't say? They said, Usually the IVY therapy is meant to boost the patient's immune system. Beside effects can include infection, rashes, blood clots, air embolism, and more.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 7: Definitely glad everything worked out with moms. So slew to her, sending her healing energy, smart smart thinking, ray J, quick on your feet there now.
Speaker 9: Al Pacino eighty three years old. It looks like he's gonna have to pay thirty thousand dollars a month in child support. He will also give six percent of his annual gross income in excess of two point five million per year cap that four million dollars or up to ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want them problems when I'm eight. How old is he he's eighty three, eighty three years old. He shouldn't want them problems at eighty three years old. Man, you know what I'm saying. Yes, don't want to be getting some action. You know, I don't want to be having no new kid, no new child's payments.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that he's able to be able to do that with his sperm, But damn.
Speaker 9: Thirty thousand dollars a month, one hundred and ten thousand dollars for I guess the courts and to paying for court fees, and six percent of his annual gross income. God, damn six percent doesn't seem like a lot, But when you're al Pacino, that could be millions and million.
Speaker 7: Isn't he just gonna be? Isn't he leaving the child something anyway? Like I'm sure it's a percentage of his the state or something. I'm sure the child is in the will. So he has other kids still, They who's that for and I mean give it to the mother too. Leave something for the mother in the will too.
Speaker 3: He's eighty three, bro, Like, I ain't want to be dealing with that kind of scrass at eighty three. New baby mama problems at eighty three.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now, Ruby Rose, you know Ruby Rose, she's an influence. She's twenty six years old. She posted a picture of herself on Instagram and Paul Piarrice x NBA play used to play for the Boston Celtics. He said, my crush. Well, she responded and wrote her text and said text me then and put her number there. So people are saying that Paul Piaris is nasty for that. They said, bro, it's older than his jersey number talking about my crush. People are going in on him and saying that the difference of ages is he's forty six and she's twenty six.
Speaker 7: I don't care about the store, not even a little bit. It's not a nasty that your reported that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm just Paul pissed. They said he signed nasty, you sign nasty. I'm just saying I'm just reporting what they give me.
Speaker 7: You did not report that store. You could have left it at the three that you did. You wanted you couldn't wait to say that. You said, Ruby Rose. Everybody knows Ruby Rose.
Speaker 1: I have no idea who that is. I said, she's an influence. I did say everybody knows what you did. You did say everybody knows what she is? You said, you know what? Do you know what she is?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I don't solute to her.
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 1: Will he give me your uncle too? For after the hour? Jordan Richardson needs to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 7: This is a classic example of how the energy you put out always comes back.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss all right, we'll get to that next and don't move.
Speaker 23: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. Your morning's a will never be the same. Eyes you are a doctor.
Speaker 1: Gay huh, I'm a fat and all that shit around your eye. They want this man to wait for the top. Gloves can't make a judgment of who was going to be on the Donkey of the day. They chose you, Oh bit you, Who's donkey of the day today?
Speaker 7: Yes, donkey today for Monday, November six goes to Jordan Richardson. Jordan Richardson is or was a valet in Baltimore at the Sagamore Penjury Luxury Hotel. Let me tell you something about energy. In fact, let me quote something about energy. This comes from eckart Tole. The energy that you put out comes back to you.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't care who you are, what you're doing, how you're doing it. Whatever energy you're putting out is gonna come back to you. I'm talking to you from experience, which is one reason I don't do a vengeance revenged thing, because whatever you are attempting to do to someone will ultimately be done to you. In fact, while you're doing and saying whatever you're doing and saying to someone which you're attempting to do, the dem has already been done to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's already done. Trust me.
Speaker 7: Whatever energy you put out is already happening to you in real time. And that is what happened to Jordan Richardson. I mean that energy he.
Speaker 1: Put out came right back to him. Let's go to CBS News Baltimore for the report police.
Speaker 4: A Valets charge was stealing his one hundred and twenty thousand dollars out e RS seven and lying to police about it.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I'd never in my wildest dreams could have thought when I handed those keys over, I even tipped the valet.
Speaker 4: When he finally got it back, the car was total.
Speaker 7: There's a full can of gas building the whole car.
Speaker 21: Dumped the whole thing like they were gonna set.
Speaker 8: It on fire.
Speaker 4: Wujyz obtained charging documents in the case where police say the suspect, Jordan Richardson, admits taking the car and says he was approached by two men at gunpoint on Boston Street who carjacked him. Police say he changed his story, saying he went to a car meet up at a gas station and when he got out, someone jumped in and drove away in the outing.
Speaker 27: And eventually he breaks and tells him, hey, I took the car, took it the wild while, but then it got stolen from me, and I don't know who took it, and I don't know where it's at.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they did with Eller says they did comp him in his room the day his vehicle was stolen and offered him another suite to come back, but he says.
Speaker 1: That's not enough, and he says he's out thousands of dollars. Reporting Live in Fell's point, Mike helgrin wjy Z.
Speaker 7: Now is he a terrible valet? Are a terrible carjacker? This is like when your parents tell you that you're doing too much like Jack of all trades, master of none. You want to be a carjacker of a valet, you probably rap, But now you're just the main star and a short film we call double jacking. Okay, In other situations a man would be excited to start in a short film called double jacking, especially on porn Hub. But just ain't a movie, Doug. Okay, Now, this could just be a coincidence. I doubt it is, though, because oh what a tangled web we weave. Listen, man, life is about choices. This ballet made the choice to go joy riding or go to the car meet up, whatever he was doing. But whatever it was, he went to go show off. Okay, you went to go show off this stolen car. So you did it for the grand regardless of whether you got jack. You was going to jail anyway for car theft because you literally took this man's car just to go to a car meet up or I don't know what it was. Either way, you went to go flex. You went to go flex and another man's ride. Okay, those likes, those comments, those reposts, whatever validation you were seeking is not worth what's happening to you right now. You probably thought you was going to get cheeks by jacking another man's whip. Now you're about to be in jail giving up cheeks Jack and another man. You know what you mean, Yes, yes, okay, God robbed that gun point all right. Because you went to a car meet up, or you went to go joy riding, whatever. The real owner of that car probably would have never gone where this valet Jordan Ridgardson went. But Jordan had to go stunt real quick. He had to pull up Shining one time, let people see how he living. And the people clearly liked what he pulled up, and they liked it so much that they took it from them. I'm telling you this is how energy works.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: You get what you put out into the world because thought waves of energy that vibrates, that vibrate out of specific frequency. Okay, that frequency attracts similar frequencies to it. That's why happy people attract other happy people, and angry people attract other angry people. And I don't get me wrong. Life is still going life. So you can put out all the positive energy in the world and bad things will still happen to you. But if we already know that, why would we do things that we know are going to create the negative energy in our lives that were already trying to duck? Huh Jordan, you knew as soon as you made the decision.
Speaker 1: Is still this man's car.
Speaker 7: That wasn't the wise thing to do, but for whatever reason, you thought you could get away with it. And the law of energy said in real time, ah eh, let this be a lesson to us. All the reciprocation of energy, always and every time we will get exactly what we put out there to others. Okay, like karma. Whatever we do will indefinitely come back to us in some way, shape or form. Please let me REMINBD give joined Richardson the biggest he.
Speaker 1: Haw he haw he ha. You stupid motherfucker?
Speaker 7: Are you dumb?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: Well, thank you for that donkey today, sir, Yes, indeed, I be et. We'll see how them all piece b e t. Everybody else that's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one we're talking about actress Yvonne Orgy Yvonne for Into the Room. She recently did an interview and she was talking about her still being a virgin.
Speaker 28: Are you still a virgin? I am, Oh my god, I love this. This is the most original guest we've ever had on and you what are you?
Speaker 3: Thirty nine?
Speaker 22: I am, Oh my god. That damn is gonna break one day, baby. And if you look at there right now, I.
Speaker 2: Like people were like, oh you know, I was like, pray for him, whoever he is.
Speaker 3: Why break.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of pets up energy up in here.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 22: And you're gonna hit your sexual peak when you start having sex, So yeah, you're we're gonna need a couple of men probably, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So let's open up the phone lines.
Speaker 7: E'von out here guaranteeing her spot in heaven eight hundred. It shouldn't even be a story five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 1: This is exactly how.
Speaker 7: People are supposed to live. You do know that, right The Bible said don't have pre marital sex. Are you a thirty year old plus virgin going to heaven as far as we know? If so, we'd love to talk to you want to know why eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Are you a thirty year old.
Speaker 7: Plus Virgin's nothing wrong with that. If you are, let's discuss you're actually doing what we're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 9: Anybody in the room, I want to talk No, no, okay, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Call us up right now.
Speaker 9: All the virgins out there, if you're thirty years plus, would love to talk to you. Who's the Breakfast lug Go morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Study, It's topic top eight hundred five. I have five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne, the guy we are to breakfast club now if he's just joining us, we're talking about Yvonne Orgy friend to the room. She recently was doing an interview and talking that she is still a virgin?
Speaker 2: Are you still a virgin?
Speaker 1: I am, oh my god, I love this.
Speaker 28: This is the most original guest we've ever had on and you what are you? Thirty nine?
Speaker 10: I am, oh my god.
Speaker 28: That Dan is gonna break one day, baby.
Speaker 15: And if you love the thing right now, I like people were like, oh, you know, Evan, I was like, pray for him, whoever he is.
Speaker 10: Why there's a lot of pets of energy up in the heuan.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 22: And you're gonna hit your sexual peak when you start having sex. So yeah, you're gonna need.
Speaker 1: A couple of men.
Speaker 10: Probably you all went from being a virgins to Polly Ellaly.
Speaker 9: So we're asking eight hundred and five five one oh five one would love to hear from the virgin out there, Like there's a lot of pleasures.
Speaker 1: On the line. It's not too many.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing about the avant Orgie situation. Though, she's doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing. The Bible says you should not have pre marital sext correct, So being that she's not married, and you know she hasn't she's not she's not married. Just like so she's doing what we're all supposed to be all of us sinners, right, you know what I'm saying, are supposed to be doing. You know, so whuther I ain't mad at it?
Speaker 5: AJ good morning, Good morning, DJ Charlemae.
Speaker 1: God, good morning, and everyone else. Are you a virgin?
Speaker 18: No, No, I'm not a virgin.
Speaker 5: I'm thirty one years old. I'm not a virgin.
Speaker 1: People say all virgins call up. We did say all virgins call up, but you know, people don't listen.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's just a four three slums?
Speaker 7: Eight four three?
Speaker 1: We are share? What's happening, what's going on?
Speaker 17: What's up?
Speaker 7: Soloman? Don't call it here like you're no virgin?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: She not a virgin?
Speaker 20: I know I ain't, but I do feel like inina iron will be in a virgin. So whatever.
Speaker 29: You need to figure out who they are, who they like, what they like, what they're don't like, and respect themselves.
Speaker 17: Not to make a person weak.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the Bible, the Bible says don't have pre marital sex.
Speaker 1: Boy, can we get a virgin on the line? Hello, who's this? J Jail? You're a virgin?
Speaker 30: Big version?
Speaker 1: You say you're a big version?
Speaker 7: How old are you?
Speaker 3: M j.
Speaker 7: You're thirty and you're a virgin. Okay, why why have you decided to, uh, you know, keep your virginity.
Speaker 5: I'm lesbian.
Speaker 1: You're a lesbian?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 7: So have you have you ever had any sexual encounters.
Speaker 1: With another woman?
Speaker 14: Another woman?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You just never been penetrated? Oh does this don't make a virgin. Does that count? I don't know if this count.
Speaker 7: If that count, you call them from Charleston too true.
Speaker 1: I can tell my hot but because she had sex, but she just hasn't been penetrated. I don't know how all would judge that one. I don't know, God, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Hello. Who's this yo? This is Will?
Speaker 1: Hey Will? Good morning, Good morning one. Will. Are you a virgin?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I am?
Speaker 1: Why brother? Hey man, I'm out here just living, trying to live right, man. Like I said, I just haven't met the right woman. So I'm just saying myself for her. I know it's a little bit corny, but it's not corny.
Speaker 7: Listen, there's nothing corny about doing what God actually tells us to do. You know, for all of us that claim to be believers, this is what scripture says. Scripture says that you know, you shouldn't have sex until you're until you're married.
Speaker 1: I believe Will would have had sex if he found the right person. Is that true? Will?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: Well, either way, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. You're waiting on the right person. Man, I'm not mad at it. Brother, don't think that's called doing the right thing is never corny, sir.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 5: I told whole Greek taller man.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, all right, well have a good one, brother, all right, y'all too? All right, Brandy, good morning? Are you a virgin?
Speaker 8: Brandy?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 20: I'm forty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, well why'd you decide to wait?
Speaker 20: I'm definitely saving myself for marriage. But aside from that, I feel like the men that I have come in contact with my whole life have not been worth it.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, listen, I'm not You're absolutely doing what you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 1: I hope you know, I hope this world.
Speaker 3: In this society doesn't make you feel like you know, you calling me a shame are shaming you.
Speaker 20: Because you know if I if I felt like that, I wouldn't even call it then? Actually, can I give a quick shout out to Kawana grand gotta retreat? I am not listening to your radio show. She had to call me and be like, Brandy.
Speaker 8: You gonna call I gonna call her friend?
Speaker 1: The only version that she knows she called you.
Speaker 20: That's okay, you know, I don't feel know if that's the same about it all?
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: How old are you again? Forty two?
Speaker 5: Forty two?
Speaker 1: Congratulations, mama, all right, have a go. But you handle yourself though, right? Handle myself, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: And why are you asking her?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 31: Like?
Speaker 1: Why? That's a long time nothing what I'm just asking?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 1: So what okay? Looking on a Monday, Yo, you yourself, you're married.
Speaker 3: Let me say you handle yourself same different So it's not God, damn, it ain't none of your business.
Speaker 1: This ain't none of his business. Man answer though I did answer, okay, thank you. I needn't hear.
Speaker 9: See now you want to know what she said? I ain't telling you now. Eight undrink five A five one oh five one. We're looking for all the thirty year old plus virgins. Call us now, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 11: The phone.
Speaker 1: Called eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club. Talk about it morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're taking your calls. Eight hundrenk five E five one oh five one. We're looking for all the thirty year old plus virgins. Now that's kind of conversation comes from me von Orgi. She recently did an interview and this is what she said.
Speaker 28: Are you still a virgin?
Speaker 1: I am, oh my.
Speaker 28: God, I love this. This is the most original guest we've ever had on and you what are you? Thirty nine?
Speaker 16: I am, Oh my god.
Speaker 22: That dam is gonna break one day, baby, And if you let the thing right now, I.
Speaker 10: Like people were like, oh, you know, I was like, pray for him, whoever he is.
Speaker 22: Why you get a lot of pets up energy up in the euro But oh my god, and you're gonna hit your sexual peak when you start having sex.
Speaker 28: So yeah, you're gonna need a couple of men probably.
Speaker 10: You all went from being a virgins to poly italy.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 1: So we got Mike on the line, Mike, good morning, Hello Mike, what's up?
Speaker 3: Man? Hey?
Speaker 18: And the teller man, yes, sir, he'll last me right.
Speaker 5: I was sat with this chake up, been talked me to you enough about.
Speaker 18: A month, man, we singing, me said, I guess me, And she's still a Brozeler. We did everything though, everything we did in the bed just noreasure.
Speaker 7: But she I mean she's still a Yeah, I would say so y'all did sexual things, but y'all had sex. Well, I'm gonna be with you, I don't think you should be having sex if you don't know what sex is, because clearly but that.
Speaker 1: Would do what they did with sexual but sex. Hello, who's this TI? My name is ly Hey Li, Good morning. Where you call them from?
Speaker 29: I am calling from Georgia.
Speaker 1: Hey, Georgia. Now we were asking are you a virgin?
Speaker 20: I am?
Speaker 1: Okay? And how old are you? Mama?
Speaker 30: I'm thirty thirty?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well why we like to ask why?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 29: So one of the reasons was I was abused at age six by a family member, and so that was one of the reasons. But also to just feeling like I hadn't found anybody that I felt like was worthy.
Speaker 2: So that's my main reason.
Speaker 7: I totally understand. You're not saying nothing wrong. You're not saying nothing wrong. I'm blessed, black and holly favored. I respect it, you know what I'm saying. I feel like, you know, when I hear people like you talk, y'all just have a level of discipline that, you know, a lot of us lack.
Speaker 29: I don't know if it's just disc plan you know, I think if everybody's preference.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, discipline preference, you know, experiences.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Liz, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey? How you doing it?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 31: This kiddy?
Speaker 8: I was calm to see what Charla Magne but A heard because he always ask this is when I'm trying to find.
Speaker 1: Out you said about what a version of it is?
Speaker 8: Yours? Yours? Because you outway Yeah yeah, yeah, he's hold the first trying to find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 7: I've had colonics and I've had a but I've never had a.
Speaker 8: Well, you may need to go get your another code because you know what you always to have asked, so you know you gonna get your another one.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? Anything? What anything else?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I got something that's to say. I got something to say. Don't try to get smiled with me now, you always you always get smiled with something. You're gonna meet your mess today. And I'm Kenny Lee from missus Tennessee and missus Weed get down. So I'm letting you know your brother hole needs to be a version if it ain't, because you always putting folks on this and there, and I'm stick at you and I want you to know today, okay, and I'm I'm today.
Speaker 1: I love you too.
Speaker 8: Now you don't love me, because if you love me, you wouldn't be a deckads. Every time I turn around. I trying to call there for two months and I got in today. But remember kenned Lee, Missus Tennessee. I'm watching you.
Speaker 31: I'm telling you right now, y'all hanging up in coach face and all that hang up in my face on a.
Speaker 8: Call back every day I got y'all, Yes, sir, we love you y'all time, y'all co host or whatever y'all was looking for up there?
Speaker 7: Who you think we should who you think who you think we should get?
Speaker 1: Who you think should be the new co host?
Speaker 31: I don't know y'all should get me as y'all got some food up there because I love to eat and y'all got to feed me the little let thes. Y'all be drinking and eat now, Uh, y'all want some mottail and hot wings and all kind of stuff the co host.
Speaker 8: I'm in the hood in Missus Tennessee, but faby.
Speaker 7: I would come and ship it drill, yes ma'am, sir.
Speaker 8: You by, yes, ma'am. Sir, you call me ussy, you called me call me first lady. That's gonna be my new name for y'all, First Lady Lee.
Speaker 7: Okay, can you can you be my uncle lady?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I can be your uncle lady. Do he got you?
Speaker 1: Okay, my uncle lady.
Speaker 31: Kimrill.
Speaker 8: Though you know I know how to throw it in the square, I'm not to drop it like this hot Hey. Okay, Well, y'all, y'all never had anybody coming to.
Speaker 7: Next time, Donelle Rollins is here, We're gonna have you on, Donnille Rollins.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, well, make sure you insight because I'm an drop it like this, yes, sir, to make me say.
Speaker 9: Yes, ma'am sir, change and maker. Okay, all right, have a go on, all right? What's the more of that story?
Speaker 7: The more of the stories. I don't think there's anything wrong with anybody out there that's a thirty plus year old virgin. If you're a thirty plus year old virgin, you know, for whatever reason, you're actually living the way the Bible says we should leave.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: They literally tell us not to have premridal sex, so they not the strange ones we are.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Absolutely all right now, when we come back, we got your room and report. We gotta tell you about Shug Knight. He funded a career you might not have known about. We'll talk about it when we come back. As Breakfast Lugan Morning, the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody. It's DJ NV Charlamagne de Goud.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk the rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Lot of names or you've gossip been visit is the rumor report.
Speaker 24: I mean, I guess were on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea.
Speaker 9: Spells right right now. Friday was the rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The inductions happened on Friday, I should say, and Missy Elliott, she was the first female hip hop artist inducted, and of course the Queen Queen Latifa did the induction.
Speaker 16: Missy and her dear friend, her brother, her close collaborator Timberland, completely reinvented the sound of hip hop. I remember being I was on Tommy Boy Records, and then I left Tommy Boy and I signed to Motown and one of the executives, Joonmo, brought me and shot came in the room and he was like, yo, you gotta hear this, and he put on one in a million. By Leah, that Missy Rower. We had never heard anything like that in our lives.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 16: They opened the door to new possibilities in all aspects of contemporary music, very much.
Speaker 1: Including rock and roll.
Speaker 16: But trust me, nothing sounded the same after Missy came on the scene.
Speaker 9: That's right, Missy, I actually did a bunch of a hits pass. It does, get your freak on and work it out. We got a snippet of that. Her work, ethic of creativity, what she means to hip hop, what she means to the seven five seven, it's just so much as she actually gave a speech after and I have to you know.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to call out any names, but I have to say Pepper who is here from Salt and Pepper Her and and Queen Latifa, Light Rock, Sane, chante, oh geez, so many money yo yo. All those ones before me gave me their shoulders to stand on, and so I just want.
Speaker 7: To take the time.
Speaker 6: I know, you know, my people say, hey, go up there, and you know it's about people want.
Speaker 1: To hear from you. You know how you feel.
Speaker 6: But these are the people who inspired me, and if it wasn't for them and their music, I probably wouldn't be standing here.
Speaker 7: I'm just happy to see people get celebrated while they are still here to be celebrated. The facts can the fact that folks can perform their own tributes, give their own speeches.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's what I like. Driving the clues BOMX for missy, mister Mena Ellen. She deserves it all that's right now. Sha Ka Khan was inducted by singer Jasmine Sullivan. Do we have a little bit of that?
Speaker 15: I never thought of how meeting this legend, that she'd actually be a fan of my music, But imagine as my mother finally got to meet her musical idol. Years later, as my mom battle breast cancer and went into remission, I had nervously requested Shaka's presence over Zoom as our family and friends gathered to celebrate my mother's victory.
Speaker 16: She said yes and call.
Speaker 1: I can still see my mother falling off.
Speaker 15: The couch and pure excitement when she saw Chaka uppear on the screen.
Speaker 1: Her life was made.
Speaker 15: Nothing would make her happier than to know I was here to honor a woman not only deserving for her contributions to music, but for having this biggest heart. The fact that she took the time to reach out to my mother at that point in her life puts her in my personal hall of fame.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm glad the rock and Roll Hall of Fame finally you know got it right and inducted us Shaka Khan.
Speaker 1: It's only been about five plus decades.
Speaker 7: And also we got it like Jesus Christ, like what took them so long to put Shaka Khan into the rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Speaker 9: She should have been in there. And also we got a salute. DJ Coolhirk. He was inducted by l o ooh Jay.
Speaker 21: Cindy Campbell high school student at the time, she wanted to raise some money for back to school clothes, so she invited all her friends and charged twenty five cents for the ladies, fifty cents for the boys, and most important, she also asked her older.
Speaker 1: Brother Clive, who was eighteen, to DJ.
Speaker 21: That party has come to be recognized as the birthplace of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Her brother Clive, better known to.
Speaker 21: The world as DJ cool Herk, has been justly called the father of hip hop. Clive was lodging in life in every sense of the word, and that earned him the name Hercules DJing rapping on MCing B boying, better known as breakdancing, writing better known as graffiti. Hirk had his hand in every aspect of hip hop that would eventually take over the globe.
Speaker 1: Drawing to clues Boss for Cool Herk.
Speaker 7: Absolutely none of us would be in the position we are in right now if it wasn't for Cool Hert.
Speaker 1: Not at once.
Speaker 7: Again, you're responsible for a whole genre, but you just getting into the rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: That's helling y'all doing over that rock and roll Hall of Fame. That's right.
Speaker 7: Come on, man, this man responsible for a whole genre, a genre that changed the world, a culture that changed the world, and he's just getting in.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I guess better late than Neville.
Speaker 9: That's right, all right, Well that is your rumor reports. And I really think that when they talk about some of these things, I think they should be in the history books. I mean, we learned so much about history, so much about where things were created, where things started from, and I think that.
Speaker 1: The foundation of hip hop, where it started and Howard started. Should be in these history books too for these kids as well. Will be it should be now, how about that fifty years it should be now? It will be all right? All right?
Speaker 9: Well when we come back, we got the People's choice mixed at your requesting. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five. One is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlamagne, the guy me all the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now over the weekend, what you do, chlam Man? He was out of town right, oh man.
Speaker 7: We had our second annual Thriller Possibility Summit in Nashville this past weekend. Man, if you don't know what the thriller possibility some it is the Black Effect. My podcast network, iHeartRadio, and Nissan. We put together a professional development program designed to help HBCU scholars break into the steam industry, you know, the science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematic industry.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: So we bring fifty HBCU students to Nashville and we have this, you know, whole weekend of panels and you know, mentorship, breakout rooms and networking. You know, it's just I gotta slew my good sister Dollar Bishop. She's the president of the Black Effects. She went to Winston Salem University and she always says she wished she had an event like this when she was in school, so she decided to create one that's dope. And that's what the driller possibility some it is man. So yeah, it's just a great time. Like I always said, if what you're doing only benefits you, it's not big enough, that's right. So it was a blessing to be of service this weekend. All right, when we come back, we got the positive notes, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is j n V.
Speaker 9: Charlomagne. To God, we are the Breakfast Club Charlamagne. We got Belva on the line. Good morning Belva, Good morning Belvo.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm okay, you're okay.
Speaker 7: Well let's make that okay a little better. Okay, I want you to. I think we can do better than okay. All right, okay, Because we was looking at your story. You know you're a single mother, and you know you have a wish list that you put together because you want to give gifts to your sons. The twelve and one year old Christmas is coming up. The twelve year old made it to the Junior Olympics for cross country.
Speaker 5: Right, yes he did, Yes he did.
Speaker 7: Okay, all of that stuff is there, so listen, we're gonna take care of you, all right, salute to our friend.
Speaker 3: We're going to take care of everything on your Amazon wishless. Okay, it is done.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited.
Speaker 8: You guys just don't understand how much this helped me.
Speaker 7: Okay, so it is your day, doing a little bit better than okay, now.
Speaker 14: Yes, a lot better?
Speaker 8: Great?
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, Belba, wishing you a wonderful holiday season. Slewt oar friends at Amazon. You can still upload your Amazon Holiday wishless right now at breakfast Club online dot com.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second, beble okay, thank you, thank you. And we also got terrances on the line. Charloamanne. Oh, we're gonna double up.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 1: Why not double up today?
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 8: Terrence?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Terrence?
Speaker 30: I'm blessed man, I'm.
Speaker 7: Blessed, blessed, black and Holly favored you from Mobile, Alabama.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: I am I am dump truck driver.
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 1: Hey single father?
Speaker 7: Three two girls, one boy's correct. The mom walked out of your child, out of your children's life.
Speaker 30: Yeah, man, it's crazy. She dropped them off for the weekend is like normal, and then like two days later, we're supposed to pick me up. She sitting in a text like she needs to focus on herself.
Speaker 1: She can't do it.
Speaker 30: And it's it's been going on for like five months now, gonna be the first Christmas they have with I think Mom, Well.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely I'm definitely sending you healing energy and I'm sending her healing energy. Whatever it is she's going through. I hope she gets through it so she could be there for those kids. But you know, there is a little something that we can do right now. We can take care of your your holiday wishless you know, we saw your wish list that you put together, you know for Amazon, and we see the iPad and you know, the games for the kids and the winter jackets and the gloves and all of that.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna take care of all of that for you.
Speaker 30: Okay, Man, when I tell you this is a blesser man, you just don't know, man, especially my it just went out on my truck, Fried and man and man, you just don't know how much.
Speaker 7: Well, now you got the money to take care of your engine, because we take care of everything for the holidays.
Speaker 30: Man, and I greatly appreciate man. Thank you, Thank you guys so much. I listen to you every day. Man, I really didn't think I.
Speaker 1: Was one, but man, God, God, look at God, Look at God. Thank you, Terrence, thank you man.
Speaker 7: That's right, all right, and we wish in Terrence a wonderful holiday season. Two man, and once again sleuth our friends at Amazon. You can still upload your Amazon holiday wish list right now at breakfast Club online dot com.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 9: And also we got a salute to Secretary of Transportation people to Judge for joining us this morning in Angela Rai.
Speaker 7: That's right, and the good sister Angela Rai. Man, all right, now give us a positive note. Yes, I got the positive note coming. But first I want to tell everybody make sure you go out there and pick up Doug Melville's book Invisible Generals.
Speaker 1: It comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 7: You can still pre order today, but it actually hits bookstores tomorrow. That is the next book release off my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing via Simon and Schusta. It tells the amazing true story of America's first black generals.
Speaker 1: Benjamin O.
Speaker 7: Davis Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and create the Tuskegee Airmen Man. So make sure you go pre order that today and pick it up tomorrow in bookstores everywhere. And Doug will be up here this week on the Breakfast Club to talk about it. I had them on the Daily Show with me last Thursday. He'll be on Breakfast Club this week to talk about it. But the positive noticed, simply, this one thing life has shown me is that growth isn't for everyone. Some people want to stay the same forever, and you gotta be okay with that.
Speaker 1: Have a blessed day, Breakfast Club bitches, y'all finish for y'all done.