Speaker 1: You ever done something so stupid it's actually genius.
Speaker 2: No, it's broken, Jeffrey in the Morning. Isn't that the whole basis of the show pretty much? Okay?
Speaker 1: I asked, because one very questionable decision just gave us our new hero of the week. His name is Maurice Lawson from Spotsylvania, Virginia, and the other day he decided to play the state's lottery pick five game. Very simple to you, just pick out five single digit numbers. Okay, there's two drawings per day. You match the numbers, you wink. Maurice purchased four lottery tickets. Yeah, and it was a you're a lottery guy. Usually when you play the lottery, the strategies to pick out a few different combinations of numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yes, Well, Maurice doesn't think like we do.
Speaker 1: He went with the bold strategy of using the same exact numbers on.
Speaker 2: All four.
Speaker 3: Four to three four four.
Speaker 4: Four wait four times shows those those were his numbers.
Speaker 2: Logically terrible idea.
Speaker 1: That's and trust me, the show is very familiar with terrible bad ideas. If you know that there's at least five people that are like, I still don't get it. It's like going all in as soon as you walk up to the craps table. But wouldn't you know it, those turned out to be the exact.
Speaker 2: Winning numbers for the day, four three four four four Does it means four times?
Speaker 3: Jesf.
Speaker 1: Here's where it gets interesting because on two of Marisa's tickets he wagered exact order, so both of those win the top payout of fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Fifty k oh wait each, he doesn't have to split it each one's fifty.
Speaker 1: On a four ticket, he chose any order that won ten grand, and on the last ticket he played the fifty to fifty option, which added another thirty k so in total thanks to his very dumb choice one one hundred and forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: In one drawing.
Speaker 4: Congratulates that's actually so where the idiots is stupid If it would have just bought the one ticket, it only one fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Maurice, Wow, we are so sorry, forever doubting your genius.
Speaker 2: You are our hero of the week. My gosh, Maurice.
Speaker 1: Now back to your regularly scheduled stupidity with the.
Speaker 2: Shock collar question of to day.
Speaker 1: Back over to digital Jake to bring our IQs even lower.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, Jake.
Speaker 4: For the last few days we've been trying to answer the age old question, does too much self tanning spray literally suck the intelligence out of a human body spray. We're tackling that question.
Speaker 1: Head on by playing three seconds with Alexis.
Speaker 4: It's a game that tests the limits of human knowledge or lack thereof, in a heart pounding race against the clock that makes the Fast and Furious franchise look like a casual stroll in the park. Alexis only has three seconds to squeeze an answer out of a few remaining brain cells that survived her college years. Will you bet on her?
Speaker 2: Or will you not?
Speaker 4: It's three seconds with Alexis?
Speaker 2: Oh right, Okay, We're going to start with Brooke Brook. Your category for Alexis.
Speaker 4: Is famous Ponies. Yes, okay, Well, Alexis, get it right or wrong. I'm so torn because if it's like racing horses, I would say no.
Speaker 3: But if it was my little Ponies, then I would say yes.
Speaker 4: I think when you.
Speaker 3: Say ponies, you're thinking of the cartoon character.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to say she knows it all right.
Speaker 4: Brook's betting on Alexis. To get this right, Alexis. When I stop reading the question and you hear the timer, you can start answering. Okay, all right. In nineteen eighty two, the toy My Little Pony, I know it was created by has Bro and sold the kids around the world. I'm gonna tell you three of the pony's original names, and you have to pick the one that's made up makes sense. I'm gonna give you three, you pick the wrong one. Is it snuzzle, butterscotch or minty bottom?
Speaker 3: Minty bottom?
Speaker 2: It's fake, right, that is correct.
Speaker 4: There was a minty and there was a blossom, but there was no minty bottom. Wow.
Speaker 1: You gotta go onto those weird dating sites to find minty Bottom.
Speaker 4: Take your word for it, Jeffrey, and we'll also take the questions over to you. Jeff Okay, your category for Alexis is nineties movies.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys do the whole thing where Alexis watches old nineties movies and does reviews on that, and where Jeff on our podcast.
Speaker 2: It's the only place you can hear it. You gotta go subscribe to our po classic movie. Yeah. I haven't listened to any of the podcasts.
Speaker 1: But every time I walk in the studio, she seems thoroughly confused and turned off by every single nineties movie she watches.
Speaker 4: Not true, she enjoyed The Princess Bride.
Speaker 2: Because the Princess I said it was Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm not a fan of nineties movies.
Speaker 2: She's not gonna get this right, right, Jeff's.
Speaker 4: Betting against Alexis again, Alexis. As soon as you hear the timer, you can start guessing the movie. Forrest Gum came out in nineteen ninety four and was critically acclaimed among critics and viewers alike.
Speaker 2: It won a lot of awards.
Speaker 4: Brooke actually made you watch it this past year, so you should be familiar. Name one other character in it other than Forrest and his love interest Jenny.
Speaker 3: Oh, no restaurant.
Speaker 4: I could have named a hand full of US presidents, any historical Yeah, I had just anybody listed here the.
Speaker 2: News report.
Speaker 3: I didn't really like that movie.
Speaker 2: Good work, Alexis. You did me proud.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey bet against you and you got it wrong. So Jeff and Britner both safe right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, it is what you just watched.
Speaker 4: Move on, finally, to Jose. Jose, your category for Alexis is children's books.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think she likes children's books and still reads them all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say she's gonna get this right.
Speaker 4: Jose's betting on Alexis. All right, Alexis, your question is in the very famous kids book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Who was the owner of the chocolate factory?
Speaker 2: That's correct? Oh my gosh, as everybody's safe. She's smart. Yes, I would not go that far.
Speaker 1: You're doing something so stupid, it's actually genius.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will go that far Alexis. But that was another rousing edition of three Seconds with Alexis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and go listen to gen Z Versus Classic movie on Spotify search Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Now that we all got our predictions right, I think that means Digital Jake is going to have to take the shock.
Speaker 2: Did I bet this game where it's impossible shock? I did not think this through.
Speaker 1: And so Digital Jake will be getting shocked while singing I want it that way by back.
Speaker 2: You are my fire go one. What dezig you hit that on.
Speaker 1: Tour out Baby? That was your shot collar question of the day. We got your phone tap coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,