Speaker 1: Hey, you found our podcast, But are you following it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's important.
Speaker 1: Make sure you click that follow button and enjoy.
Speaker 2: I think I see a listener outside right now.
Speaker 1: Hey wait a minute, No, no, not like that following.
Speaker 3: You ever done something so stupid?
Speaker 4: It's actually genius. No, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the whole basis of this show?
Speaker 3: Pretty much?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: I asked, because one very questionable decision just gave us our new hero of the week. His name is Maurice Lawson from Spotsylvania, Virginia, and the other day he decided to play the state's lottery pick five games. Oh, very simple too. You just pick up five single digit numbers.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: There's two drawings per day. You match the numbers, you win.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's like the Maurice purchased four lottery tickets. Yeah, and it was a you're a lottery guy. Yeah, Usually when you play the lottery, the strategies to pick out a few different combinations of numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yes, well, no one picks the same number. Maurice doesn't think like we did.
Speaker 4: He went with the bold strategy of using the same exact numbers on all four Lotto tickets.
Speaker 5: That defeats the purpose.
Speaker 2: He went four to three four four four, Wait four times?
Speaker 3: Show those those were his numbers. Logically terrible idea.
Speaker 4: That's and trust me, the show is very familiar with terrible bad ideas.
Speaker 2: If you know that, there's at least five people that are like, I still don't get it.
Speaker 4: It's like going all in as soon as you walk up to the craps table.
Speaker 3: But wouldn't you know it? Those turned out to be the exact winning numbers for the day.
Speaker 2: Wait four three four four four four times, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Here's where it gets interesting because on two of Maurice's tickets he wagered exact order, so both of those win the top payout of fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Offy k oh wait each he doesn't have to split it.
Speaker 3: Each one's fifty.
Speaker 4: Ticket, he chose annie order that won ten grand, and on the last ticket he played the fifty to fifty option, which added another thirty k so in total thanks to his very dumb choice. Mike one one hundred and forty thousand dollars Wow in one draw.
Speaker 2: Congratulates that's actually so where the idiots is stupid? If he would have just bought the one ticket. It only won fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: That's right, Maurice.
Speaker 4: Wow, we are so sorry forever doubting your genius.
Speaker 3: You are our hero of the week. My gosh, good work, Maurice. Now for him.
Speaker 4: Back to your regularly scheduled stupidity with the shock college question of to day. Back over to digital Jake to bring our IQs even lower.
Speaker 3: Let's do it, Jake.
Speaker 5: For the last few days, we've been trying to answer the age old question, does too much self tanning spray literally suck the intelligence out of a human body.
Speaker 2: Spray?
Speaker 5: We're tackling that question head on by playing three Seconds with Alexis. It's a game that tests the limits of human knowledge or lack thereof, in a heart pounding race against the clock that makes the Fast and Furious franchise look like a casual stroll in the park. Alexis only has three seconds to squeeze an answer out of a few remaining brain cells that survived her college years.
Speaker 3: Will you bed on her?
Speaker 5: Or will you not? It's three seconds with Alexis. Okay, We're going to start with Brooke Brook. Your category for Alexis is famous Ponies. Yes, Okay, well, Alexis, get it right or wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm so torn because if it's like racing horses, I would say no. But if it was My Little Ponies, then I would say yes. I think when you say ponies, you're thinking of the cartoon character. So I'm going to say she knows.
Speaker 5: It right, Brooks betting on Alexis to get this right. Alexis, when I stop reading the question and you hear the timer, you can start answering.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 5: The toy My Little Pony was created by has Bro and sold the kids around the world. I'm gonna tell you three of the pony's original names, and you have to pick the one that's made up makes sense. I'm gonna give you three, you pick the wrong one. Is it snuzzle, butterscotch or minty bottom?
Speaker 3: Minty bottom?
Speaker 2: It's fake, right, that is correct.
Speaker 5: There was a minty and there was a blossom, but there was no minty bottom.
Speaker 4: You gotta go onto those weird dating sites to find minty bottoms.
Speaker 5: Take your word for it, Jeffrey, and you will also take the questions over to you. Jeff Your category for Alexis is nineties movies.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys do a whole thing where Alexis watches old nineties movies and does reviews on that, and where Jeff on our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only place you can hear it. You gotta go subscribe to our podcast Classic Movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't listened to any of the podcasts. Every time I walk in the studio, she seems thoroughly confused and turned off by every single nineties movie she watches.
Speaker 2: Not true, she enjoyed The Princess Bride because the princess said it was okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 3: Of nineties movies. She's not gonna get this right.
Speaker 5: Right, Jeff's betting against Alexis again, Alexis. As soon as you hear the timer, you could start guessing the movie. Forrest Gum came out in nineteen ninety four and was critically acclaimed among critics and viewers alike. She won a lot of awards. Brooke actually made you watch it this past year, so you should be familiar. Name one other character in it other than Forrest and his love interest Jenny.
Speaker 2: Oh no, who is there? The restaurant?
Speaker 5: Could have named a handful of US presidents, any historical Yeah, I had just anybody listed here.
Speaker 3: The news report that interviews him.
Speaker 2: I didn't really like that movie.
Speaker 3: Good work, Alexis. You did be proud. Jeffrey bet against you and you got it wrong. But Jeffrey Brooker both safe right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, it was what you just watched.
Speaker 5: Finally, to Jose, Jose, your category for Alexis is children's books.
Speaker 6: I think she likes children's books and still reads them all the time.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm gonna say she's gonna get this right.
Speaker 5: Jose's betting on Alexis. All right, Alexis, you question is in the very famous kids book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Who was the owner of the chocolate factory.
Speaker 2: Oh that's correct.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, everybody's safe.
Speaker 1: She's smart.
Speaker 5: I would not go that far.
Speaker 3: You doing something so stupid. It's actually genius.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will go that far Alexis. But that was another rousing edition of three Seconds with Alexis.
Speaker 2: And listen to gen Z Versus Classic movie on Spotify. Search Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Now that we all got our predictions right, I think that means digital Jake is going to have to take the shock.
Speaker 3: Did I bet this game where.
Speaker 5: It's impossible shock?
Speaker 4: I did not think this through, and so digital Jake will be getting shocked while singing I want it that way by back.
Speaker 3: You my fire.
Speaker 5: Going DESI.
Speaker 3: He shit that on tour, I would.
Speaker 4: Be Yeah, that was your shock collar question of the.
Speaker 7: Day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Brooke, maybe you can confirm this. When you're married, you know everything there is to know about your partner. That's true, Like, there's no way Michael could still be keeping a secret from you now at this point, I'd be surprised.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, all right, Mike, you are in the clear. He has absolutely no idea wink Emchie, are you Michael here? We got no nothing, nothing's going on here.
Speaker 4: I'm only asking because there is a married woman out there who doesn't know her husband made up a really dumb lie when they first met back in college, and he's had no choice but to keep it going for a year just to make sure his now wife and her parents don't ever find out. Goodness, it's that embarrassing, and it's coming up in a brand new mass speaker.
Speaker 3: Consion.
Speaker 8: I can't take back, o arms speaker.
Speaker 4: We got a text into seventy eighty five nine to two. That says I'm a dentist, and honestly, my number one judgment about patients isn't if they flass, it's if they don't trim their nose hairs.
Speaker 1: I never thought about that.
Speaker 4: Surprisingly, ladies are often worse, so please trim them before.
Speaker 3: Your next business.
Speaker 2: My husband's always me.
Speaker 4: I mean, Doro refuses to trim her armpit or her leg hair, so I'm doubting she's gonna go anywhere near her.
Speaker 2: Nose with it.
Speaker 1: Come on, other hairs longer than her head hair.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're taller than me. It's not like you're looking at it all the time.
Speaker 4: But you know what, we do appreciate the helpful tips, and we especially appreciate the secrets that our listeners share. Right here on the mass speaker, we've got a guy who's ready to spill his truth and wants to go by Paul today.
Speaker 3: So Paul, welcome to the show. How's your nose here doing.
Speaker 9: I'm feeling he's doing all right.
Speaker 7: Guys, thanks for.
Speaker 3: Having me here. As you speak, they're blowing in the wind.
Speaker 2: It's so tickili to do that though. Sorry talking not about us.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 4: Here is aside Paul voice changer is on, you're the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 9: Okay, So yeah, this is really embarrassing. So back to college. I was dating this girl and then her parents came to visit, and was still like really early in the relationship, especially tally for me, like do the mutic parents thing. But they came out of dorm and her mom is really sweet and she invited me on lune.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's a lot like if you weren't even ready to meet them, and all of a sudden, the mom's like, let's go to love.
Speaker 3: That's a good sign.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, they're they're really nicely little. And then I said.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, free lunch for a college.
Speaker 9: Normally that would be the case, you know, yeah, free lunch. But I was like super hungover. I had like three a mcmuffins trying to soak up this alcohol and.
Speaker 2: What a college kid can stomach.
Speaker 3: So you went with them?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I go out with them and then end up going to this tie place I've never had time before.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it's so good though, it's a little bit intimidating for your first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you can always get the cash youw chicken.
Speaker 3: Or just a bowl of plain white rice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So we're at this tie place and it's already awkward. Like, I don't mind meeting your parents, but I want to do it where I'm like not so hungover, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like in six years when you're out of college.
Speaker 3: Right right exactly.
Speaker 9: So the food comes out and I just try to get out of it, like to get out of the whole thing. I say, I'm allergic to peanuts because I see peanuts on the dish.
Speaker 2: Oh there's tons of peanuts.
Speaker 3: Right, It's actually kind of smart.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Okay, so them, being the great people they are, send the food back and get everything reorder with no peanuts, and I still have to eat everything.
Speaker 3: People, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're feeling guilty because you're making the kitchen recook.
Speaker 7: Everything right right?
Speaker 10: Oh double yeah, double guilty.
Speaker 9: And then you know kind of like lesson learn right, which would have been a funny story except I ended up marrying that girl and we've been married for four years and I still have to keep up this lie.
Speaker 4: Outs that's a hard one to not because even like.
Speaker 2: I think it could be really useful. Sorry, I can't go on the family trip. They serve peanuts on the plane.
Speaker 3: I just excuse.
Speaker 2: Me, it's too risky.
Speaker 7: Well, not just that, not too long ago.
Speaker 9: It was at a Christmas Her mom saw me eating a peanut and then lost her mind because she was like, oh my god, a peanut. Eminem So she was like peanuts and I didn't realize it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: So I had to pretend like my throat was closing up, and they dropped me off to the hospital.
Speaker 3: They took you to the hospital that night.
Speaker 12: No, yeah, I had to.
Speaker 9: Go to hospital stood there for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: No, oh, wait, doesn't your wife know that it's alive.
Speaker 9: No, she doesn't know either.
Speaker 2: I fel like they'd rather know than have to take you to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true.
Speaker 4: Don't you think it would be easier to just like tell the parents that, I mean, you're married to her.
Speaker 2: It's a funny story.
Speaker 9: I think, like the kind of people they are, they're just so nice. If it's like, first of all, the disappointment, like I think I had to wait another twenty years at least before If you're funny.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 4: I feel like if you told them they wouldn't think it was funny yet.
Speaker 2: No, I think it is so excited they could eat peanut stuff around you.
Speaker 6: I would make up another lie and just say, oh my gosh, I just did a new allergy test and miracle it's gone.
Speaker 1: You know something like that.
Speaker 2: You know that they're like, oh my god. When you have grand babies, we just really hope that doesn't get passed down. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think might be onto something some sort of like magic peanut allergy feeling pill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just like, wow, I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: My husband did some treatment for bee allergies where they like give you shots of it. He's been stung a billion times. He still says he's allergic. I've never seen any.
Speaker 3: Reaction putting bee hives in his bed.
Speaker 1: It's our daily beast.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, So you don't think you're ever going to tell the parents, at least not for another twenty years.
Speaker 3: You said, yeah, okay, wow, good luck.
Speaker 8: My man.
Speaker 4: Text in seven if you have a confession you've been holding on to, we'll hide your identity, master your voice, and make you the next mass speaker.
Speaker 3: We got your phone tap coming up next.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Today, we call a father whose six year old son is having a big birthday bash this weekend, and his parents hired one of those animal entertainers to come by with some toads and lizards, you know, a little educational show in town. But there's been a change of plans because the wife decided she wants to reach out to us and say, Fred the frog Guy is being replaced. Oh you're gonna find out with who in your brand new phone?
Speaker 3: Tap right now?
Speaker 7: It's another.
Speaker 3: On the twenties.
Speaker 2: Hi is this Matt. My name's Clara. I'm the assistant to Fred the frog Guy.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Hey, how you doing well?
Speaker 2: Actually we're supposed to say ribbit to each other, so you go first. Oh is that how you got?
Speaker 1: How about this ribbit?
Speaker 11: What good?
Speaker 2: Rivet back at you?
Speaker 8: So how can I help you today?
Speaker 2: Well, I know your kid's birthday party is on Saturday, and I'm so sorry to let you know that Fred won't be able to make it.
Speaker 8: Oh no, wow, okay, what's uh? Yeah, just going on.
Speaker 2: He's got a grand issue apparently. I mean, he claims it's not from touching tongues with a certain Amazon milk Frog, But my god, we all think a little differently.
Speaker 8: It's wow, is he in the hospital?
Speaker 2: No, he's definitely on a trip, but not to the hospital. Okay, I mean it sounds like you haven't heard of that, like internet rumor that says you can suck the farts out of those things. Then all of a sudden, everything you see is pink.
Speaker 8: What are you talking about? Is that a real thing?
Speaker 2: Me and the crew haven't tried it, but we could do it after the party if you like.
Speaker 8: You know, no, no, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: But little bonus at the end of the night.
Speaker 8: No, no, that won't be necessary. And I don't think there's gonna be a party now. If you're seeing Fred's out, Oh.
Speaker 2: No, I mean Fred's out, but the party's on.
Speaker 8: Okay. Are you who's going to be covering for Fred?
Speaker 2: Then yours truly?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 7: What? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So okay, so you're qualified to cover for Fred?
Speaker 2: Then am I qualified? I have been waiting for this moment for years? And I have some special surprises for your kids. Party planned?
Speaker 8: What surprises? What surprises? Look? I just want to make sure I have a party. I don't want to add anything crazy to the mix.
Speaker 2: Are you sitting down because this is exciting?
Speaker 8: Yes, I am sitting down.
Speaker 2: Okay. We just got a new snapping turtle shipped in from that a GASCAR, and we've been wanting one of those for months.
Speaker 8: A snapping turtle. I yes, don't that doesn't sound like a smart item to have around a bunch of kids with.
Speaker 2: No, we call them fingers because it's his favorite thing to eat.
Speaker 8: No, that's no. See that doesn't sound at all. Oh don't.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to worry about. We made him a little muzzle out of dental floss and scotched. I'm pretty sure it'll hold.
Speaker 8: A muzzled No. Yeah, no, I'm sorry. This is not This is not what we were asking for.
Speaker 2: Are you worried about the money because we are not charging you extranal.
Speaker 8: It's not about the money. It's about whatever you have planned here being safe for kids to be around. I mean yeah, yeah, no, not meant to be risky.
Speaker 2: Safeties first, and that's why we created this tiny little saddle for him, because the kids are gonna ride on the back.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 8: I need you to figure this out and get on the same page with me this.
Speaker 2: You're telling me your kid wouldn't want to ride a turtle named Fingers?
Speaker 8: I mean probably yes. I don't know if I'm not gonna find out either. Why do you like?
Speaker 2: One thing you're not considering is parents and kids alike. They are going to point to you with all five digits because they're still going to have them. They're going to point to you, and they're gonna say that guy through the party.
Speaker 13: Of the year.
Speaker 8: Okay, I don't care about that at all.
Speaker 2: What other animal entertainer is gonna have your little boy in a bathtub of box jellyfish looking for his party price?
Speaker 8: What box this?
Speaker 2: No, Listen, I don't think I told you. I will be equipped with two stun guns and you high octane nitrous injectors.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm sorry. This is way way more intense than what you had listed on the website. And yeah, it is not what we signed up for. I thought we were talking about frogs, toads or.
Speaker 2: Whatever boring things. Is that what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: It's not boring. It's just meant to be, you know, enjoyable and safe. I mean, I'm not taking these kids to the Everglades.
Speaker 2: I just always like to think, what would the guys from Jackass do if they owned a mobile petting zoo for reptiles, they would.
Speaker 8: Be soon and they would be out of business, just like you're about to be. I'm like two seconds away from calling the cops right now.
Speaker 2: You don't need to call the cops. All you need to do is call your wife, Robin. Okay, what she's the one that set you up for this prank phone call.
Speaker 3: You have to be Oh my god, this is actually.
Speaker 2: Broke from the radio show Brick and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're doing a phone tap on you. Oh, come on, you're wife, Robins. Does she just want to say thank you, you know, for all the hell hope you've done organizing your kid's birthday party.
Speaker 8: I gotta go.
Speaker 2: I gotta go too, because I've already loaded about fifteen Australian brown snakes into the truck, got an eighteen month old twin birthday party down the street. Gotta let them loose in their playpand Okay, ye see which one survived?
Speaker 8: That sounds great?
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 7: Wake Up every Morning was Fu Tabs weekday morning on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I just googled the top ten things you should never tell your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh, damn.
Speaker 4: Number one, is she put too much salt in the cast role?
Speaker 2: Oh, your girlfriend makes castles? How old is she? The second one, don't tell her she's.
Speaker 4: Olds sirles, especially single woman.
Speaker 3: Now number two, her mother is too nosy.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean yeah, you can know that, she can know that, but you can't say.
Speaker 2: How else is she got to get the castrole recipe from damn?
Speaker 4: The number three thing you should never tell your girlfriend is you cheated on her. Oh well, yes, salty castle rules and nosey moms are above cheating. Do not tell listow But one of our listeners has been keeping a big secret from his girlfriend for just one week because he knows she'd definitely be upset.
Speaker 3: Can't hide it anymore. He needs our help to tell her the truth.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's gonna be more scandalous than an oversalted shepherd's pile, but we're gonna find out in your story your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Next, it's awkward, It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Keeping promises to your friends is a clear sign of your character and your integrity. Yeah, for sure, Like you need to prove you're the type of person who lives up to the things that you promise to other people. Okay, like when I promised Brook years ago, I wouldn't mention anything about what really happened at thunder down Under on our.
Speaker 3: I would never or wait, maybe she promised me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Promises were made, yeah kept, Yeah, we never talked about that was.
Speaker 1: Jeff Yes, all other things too.
Speaker 4: In all seriousness, when you give your word to someone, that's all you really have.
Speaker 3: That's the mark of who you are.
Speaker 4: And our listener Joseph says he's got a tricky promise to keep with one of his good friends, and he knows his girlfriend is going to want him to break it. Joseph, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I mean my mind is racing with all the different scenarios that this could be.
Speaker 3: Were you at thunder down Under?
Speaker 2: To man, what Jeffrey will do for a signature that's.
Speaker 3: Worth it? Anyway? Tell us about the situation that you're in. Who did you make a promise to?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Promises man, Okay, Mac's girlfriend reached out to me.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, you made have promised your ex girlfriend already we're starting on a bad note I did.
Speaker 3: Oh god, what happened?
Speaker 11: Well, me and Max's girlfriend, we haven't been together for over a year.
Speaker 12: Okay, before that, we dated for five years.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a serious relationship. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so we have a really long history together, Like, she trusts me, I trust her, and you.
Speaker 2: Guys ended on good terms. It sounded like a year ago.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we've been very good to each other.
Speaker 8: We're fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's nice, I guess.
Speaker 11: But recently she reached out to me and told me that she needs to go in for surgery.
Speaker 14: And she doesn't have anybody else out here to.
Speaker 11: Help her, and she needs someone to drive her home from the hospital.
Speaker 3: Oh oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. If you have a girlfriend, it does get a little dicey. I mean, does the current girlfriend know that you have a good relationship with your ex.
Speaker 11: She knows about her, she knows that there's never been like any beef between.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she doesn't know you're that close.
Speaker 6: And it's almost like once your goal, do you want to be friends with your ex for the rest of your life and keep her in your life or.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be mean anyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're not being mean to people's like half the fun of life.
Speaker 2: I don't tell you if they won't allow you to take an uber from a surgery, Oh, they won't. I'm trying to send my husband home after different procedures.
Speaker 5: Couldn't even give her.
Speaker 2: I'm like, honey, I got the show to do. I can't pick you up after this one.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm glad that you put us above your husband broke so.
Speaker 2: You know, okay, can't get a ride share after surgery. I tried.
Speaker 3: So what did you say to your ex girlfriend?
Speaker 10: I told her I would because her family doesn't live here and she needs not like tight with anybody that closely that would come and do.
Speaker 6: That for This is one of those scenarios where it's because of all those things, you're.
Speaker 2: Not going to do anything. She just got a surgery. It's not like you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna and that a challenge, gonna be looking good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I mean the thing is, though, like you need somebody who you trust to pick you upbout from surgery because you never know what you're gonna say. Right, you're vulnerable.
Speaker 4: You've already committed to doing this. What did your girlfriend say?
Speaker 12: My girlfriend could be a little on the jealous side sometimes.
Speaker 14: Okay, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Tell her, Okay, didn't tell her? Na, God, this something where you don't have to tell her.
Speaker 1: You can just be absent that day and make an excuse.
Speaker 12: That's what I was thinking, because it's just for a few hours. But I've been hiding this for like a week. It's kind of eating me up and.
Speaker 2: That doesn't feel good.
Speaker 1: It'd be nice to just get it out.
Speaker 2: It's sketchy if you get caught like you know what I mean, Like, it looks way worse if you lie about it and then somehow.
Speaker 4: Get like a friend like texts a photo like, hey, is that your boyfriend with his ex?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you tell me?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 14: I feel like I have to tell her because, just like you.
Speaker 11: Said, maybe something happens in an accident happens and she finds out some other way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a smart man, trying to get ahead of this, avoiding that drama. So you want to call your girlfriend here?
Speaker 12: I think so?
Speaker 14: Oh God, you.
Speaker 2: Sounds scared because there's no going back from this.
Speaker 12: What you said to put it out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how long have.
Speaker 1: You been doating a new girl? I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: I think I missed that.
Speaker 14: Oh, we've been dating for close to a year, about.
Speaker 2: Ten months, and one relations start write another.
Speaker 3: I like it, okay, yeah.
Speaker 14: And I don't want her to be jealous. I just kind of want to get it out there, but then I kind of don't want to get it out there.
Speaker 2: I love whenever someone describes someone as a little jealous, it usually means that they're a lot jealous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but where we're gonna think of some advice for you here, and when we come back, we're gonna let you call your current girlfriend, yeah, to tell her that you're gonna be driving your ex girlfriend back from surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not staying with the ex to like help care for.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: It's got to get her in the.
Speaker 2: House, Okay, make sure she's safe, okay?
Speaker 3: Or is the X staying with you after the surgery?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, that'd be even more awkward converce question. Yeah, all right, we're gonna come back. Let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 7: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Promising to drive a friend home from a major surgery is a selfless noble kind thing for someone to do. Yeah, it does get a little tricky though, when that friend has seen you naked before or yea, because you dated them for five years before eventually breaking up. And that's the situation Joseph is in today. He's already agreed to drive his ex girlfriend home from a big surgery that she's scheduled to have, and he has not told his current girlfriend about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's kind of a jealous type.
Speaker 4: Thought he could maybe sneak it by her, but the guilt has been eating away at him for the last week, so he needs to come clean without making her mad or jealous about it. And it sounds like a walk in the park to me. But I guess we'll see what my co hosts have to say. Any advice that Jay have, Brook, what do you think?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: I think the key here is you need to butter her up first when you talk to your girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I think they already did the buttering of each other when they were doing the girlfriend.
Speaker 2: The first thing you need to tell her is like, hey, honey, I just want to start by saying it is so good to be with someone who is so secure in their relationship. Oh, do you know what I mean, it's just so specific. Listen, I think you tell her that so that when you give her the other news, she's all like high on this, like, yeah, I'm such a confident woman, saying that she won't be jealous, or at least we'll suppress the jealousy.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Joseph, prop her head up?
Speaker 12: I'm not to do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, proper, proper, put her head up.
Speaker 12: Make her think she's more special than.
Speaker 3: Holds her head high.
Speaker 2: Confident woman.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, you like that?
Speaker 3: What about jose do you have any advice?
Speaker 6: You need to say the situation first? Say hey, look, I'm helping an old friend that I've known for years. Next week I need to give him a ride to surgery.
Speaker 1: And I just wanted you to know.
Speaker 6: Well, what I'm getting to is she's gonna go, oh, thanks for telling me, no problem.
Speaker 1: And then you can say, oh, did I mention it's my ex girlfriend? Because she already thinks the situation's fine.
Speaker 2: Mumble that last sentence and maybe she won't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have a bagel in your mouth.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't know if it's going to be as fun as you gotta think.
Speaker 2: We're here for support so it'll be fun after the unfun part.
Speaker 4: We got your bag no matter what. Man, We're gonna dial your current girlfriend right now and I'll let you make your awkward Tuesday phone.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 12: Let's get it all right?
Speaker 3: We got you here we go.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hey, hey babe, Hey, how you doing. You have a good day so far?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: The like?
Speaker 8: Why are you calling me on this number?
Speaker 12: I don't know why. I don't know why it ended up like this. I was just thinking.
Speaker 11: About you and just how lucky I am to be with you and you know everything.
Speaker 15: Oh thanks, babe, I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 12: Did you just call it?
Speaker 5: Tell me that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 14: Well I called to tell you that, of course, but also called to.
Speaker 12: Tell I ask you something else also.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, what is it?
Speaker 12: So Aba reached out to me the other day?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 11: Well, she's kind of in a rough spot right now and she needed a favor.
Speaker 15: What like, did she get her hair extensions? Got in the room van again?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 14: Come on?
Speaker 12: When she got her hair cut in the sand, she could have died. That was really scary for her.
Speaker 15: She did that twice and you had to go help her.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, listen.
Speaker 11: She's actually having a major surgery and she doesn't have anyone.
Speaker 12: To take her home from the hospital.
Speaker 8: Oh oh god, is she okay?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, don't worry, she's okay.
Speaker 12: But she asked if I be able to drive her home afterwards.
Speaker 15: She doesn't have anyone else to take her.
Speaker 12: No, it's a real private thing. She doesn't want anybody knowing. And I know her really well and she trusts.
Speaker 14: Me, so it's supposed to be kind of you know, like on a download.
Speaker 15: On the download. What the are you joking right now?
Speaker 14: It's not a big deal.
Speaker 12: It's only a couple hours, Honestly, I looked at it, and it's the hours.
Speaker 14: When you're working, So like when you're working, I.
Speaker 11: Could drop her off from the hospital and then it's right around time you get off, so maybe we could go, like go have dinner or something after that.
Speaker 15: No, No, this is a right, like what I'm supposed to be working and you're gonna just go hang out with your ex girlfriend.
Speaker 14: I'm not hanging out with her, Like, I just feel.
Speaker 12: Bad for her.
Speaker 11: She's in a bad situation and she needs a good friend.
Speaker 12: I really need to be.
Speaker 15: There for No. No, you're being so dumb right now. This is obviously a trap. She's trying to trick you.
Speaker 12: And get you back.
Speaker 11: Listen, there's no chance of her getting me back. I love you, I'm happy with you. I'm only doing this because she doesn't have any family years and I don't.
Speaker 10: Think she's.
Speaker 15: It doesn't sound like it's an emergency.
Speaker 12: Well, it is a serious thing. It's like a like like a chest surgery.
Speaker 15: She's getting open heart surgery.
Speaker 12: Oh no, not not exactly open heart. It's more like size adjusting type things.
Speaker 15: You know, My god, tell me she's not getting a goose jobs.
Speaker 12: Okay, well I won't tell you that, but she she might be.
Speaker 1: Oh god, why, oh my god?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 12: Who is here?
Speaker 4: So you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: That's us.
Speaker 15: What is going on right now? Why am I on the radio?
Speaker 12: Uh? I'm scared to kind of talk to you about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we understand why she should be cool with it. You're just helping out someone who used to be important.
Speaker 1: It's still a surgery. She has a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they put you on forget your memory.
Speaker 1: You don't know what they're gonna give her.
Speaker 2: But of course she's calling her ex to pick her up to see her new boobs.
Speaker 12: I'm not going to I'm not going to see her new boob that we all wrapped up exactly.
Speaker 2: But it's like she chose to get the weekend her roommates out of town anyone else.
Speaker 4: Now, this became a whole lot more clear why you wanted our health.
Speaker 12: Joseph, my friend, I have.
Speaker 2: To it's not your friend, she's your ex Celeste.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about this?
Speaker 15: This is this is so annoying.
Speaker 2: Or the surgery. I can't tell Celeste the whole.
Speaker 15: Thing is annoying.
Speaker 14: I'm just trying to be a friend. This give me a real emotional time for women. I've read stuff they could be going through stuff through the anaesthesia.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I heard of women going through this and on the way home they show their new tatas.
Speaker 8: Whoever's driving, did.
Speaker 2: You hear Jeffreys? Oh, he's like, what what surgery outside of video?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Man, I mean the thing is, Celeste is no matter what her motive is on this, Your boyfriend, Joseph sound sincere. He sounds like he really loves you, Like when he talked to us, He's like, I just need to be honest with her. Yeah, you know he's doing it from a good place either way.
Speaker 8: I just sound feel comfortable with this.
Speaker 2: Oh what did you go along for the ride and there we go?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Boy, can you get a couple of hours off word?
Speaker 4: You can be the person that helped chaperone his ex girlfriend back home after her enhancement.
Speaker 15: But I cannot want this happening. But if that's like the only way that we have to do this, I guess I will have to come along and tag along for it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 14: Maybe if you drive and like I sit in the back to kind of soothe her from you know her.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you need me to rub right there for circulations?
Speaker 14: I'll do that.
Speaker 12: Right the last.
Speaker 11: Wouldn't it be weird if I was driving and you were sitting in the back with her?
Speaker 15: Okay, No, this is gonna be not awkward by you just sitting up in front with me.
Speaker 13: Okay maybe, oh wow, Okay, Well, we're just gonna let you two work this out.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like you're going to go to the hospital together and help them.
Speaker 2: Please do one of those anesthesia videos.
Speaker 3: Please, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: If you go to a real newsroom. A lot of them have the monikers if it bleeds, it leads.
Speaker 2: They do not say that in the SA it means the worst, craziest, most horrible.
Speaker 4: News stories start off the program, because those are the ones that capture people's attention and get all the high rating.
Speaker 2: Journalists like are actually looking out for the community, Jeffrey, you have not said any time in the newsroom obviously, Okay, continue.
Speaker 3: It works for them, so maybe we should do the same.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Broke? Coming up, we covered the most horrifying.
Speaker 3: The main stories that happened in.
Speaker 4: The world this week, most of them involving sad, defenseless animals.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, I'm living up to you, Broke.
Speaker 4: We could do that, or we could just do our usual run of the mill care I don't care store.
Speaker 2: Yes, Carot don't care, all right, I actually cared.
Speaker 3: The almighty Brook has spoken.
Speaker 4: Let the ratings tank for a brand new Carrot don't care.
Speaker 7: Coming up, Brooking, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Let's all set a personal goal to be the reason somebody smiles today.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, jeff that's why we come into work every day day.
Speaker 4: Or the reason somebody drinks which ever won we want to be responsible.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, I already got you on that one, because I can guarantee my husband is going to do that tonight.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we're accomplishing both during a brand new care I don't care, So crack open that first can of blissful relief as we get into your first headline. Sorry, Times Square, New York. There's a new number one tourist attraction in a mayor. It's in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Caro, don't care, all right, I care.
Speaker 4: All over the country you'll find different specialized tours based on the local culture there. You know, like you've heard of wine tours in Napa Valley, cheese tours in Wisconsin. Kentucky has their bourbon trail yep, because that's what they're famous for.
Speaker 2: Very crooked.
Speaker 3: I bet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now there's a new one going viral because South Carolina officially has a mayonnaise trail. If you're a mayonnaise fanatic, you probably know about Dukes the mayo brand. Yes, especially if you're in the South.
Speaker 3: It's huge.
Speaker 2: Well in every salad comes with mayonnaise, you know, it makes.
Speaker 3: It really delicious.
Speaker 4: But the brand was created by Eugenia Duke in Greenville, South Carolina more than one hundred years ago, and it's got a big, big loyal following.
Speaker 3: Now they do it like a college.
Speaker 4: Bowl game every year where the winning coach, instead of getting a gatorade, gets a Mayo.
Speaker 7: Sh shut up.
Speaker 3: Have you seen It's so funny.
Speaker 2: I bet that man's hair looks so good for the rest of the week. It is such a good treatment. Yes, it's like a total old school Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, now Greenville has an unofficial Mayo Tour, which includes twenty different stops showcasing Duke's Mayonnaise in different ways.
Speaker 2: I would hate on it, but I love mayonnaise, you guys. I used to hate French fries until I was fourteen years old, and then my Mom's like, here, try it dipped in mayonnaise, and I was like, oh my life.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Like, if it's star sauce, I love it.
Speaker 3: But if it's just mayonnaise, I'm like no.
Speaker 4: But there's twenty different stops, six snack spots, and fourteen meal must haves.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of Mayo, along.
Speaker 4: With four historical stops for the Duke's Mayo Company, like the original Mayo Bottling Plant.
Speaker 3: I'm the old Mayo jacuzzi. You can go.
Speaker 4: See the trails a self guided tours.
Speaker 3: You can go hit up.
Speaker 4: The featured play is whenever you're like, you don't have to do it all in one.
Speaker 2: Do you think even the place is on the stop? Judge the people that are on this tour, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: How many mannaise stops have you made today?
Speaker 6: Guy brought his own devil day.
Speaker 4: I would judge the people on the Napa Valley Wine tour who are like wasted by stop number twelve.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: But if you're a real jamp, you can power through all twenty mayonnaise dishes in one day.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a lot of mac salad and potato salad.
Speaker 3: A lot of yum. Let's go to your next headline.
Speaker 4: We've got a late entry for Dumbest Criminal of the Year Final.
Speaker 3: Way don't care?
Speaker 2: Get in there, Yeah care.
Speaker 4: The story's out of Miami, where there's a forty four year old woman named Susan Stafford who drives for Lyft and she drives around in her Toyota Corolla. But the other day she picked up a nineteen year old passenger who got in and almost immediately started punching her from the back seat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, nuts, that's why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Just randomly, no reason for it. Eventually who got out of the car. At that point, the passenger climbed into the driver's seat and took off.
Speaker 3: With her bride.
Speaker 2: So he's trying to steal her car.
Speaker 4: His name is Jeremiah Charles, and we know that because he ordered the lift under his actual name. So let's rewind real quick. He books a ride through the app with his own account using his real name, assaults her, and then steals her car. So Susan who ends up being okay by the way, she just gave the cops his information. They drove straight to his house, found the car parked outside, and arrested him.
Speaker 1: But was his reaction, WHOA how'd you guys find him?
Speaker 3: Detectives are crazy, The officer said.
Speaker 4: The only way it could have been easier is if he had stopped on the way home at the police station and.
Speaker 3: Left his information at their front desk.
Speaker 4: So Jeremiah is now facing charges for robbery and carjackap.
Speaker 2: You should get an extra fine for just being an idiot. Yeah, an idiot.
Speaker 4: He's up there, could be your criminal, dumbest criminal of the year.
Speaker 3: Let's see if you guys care about this one.
Speaker 4: Our show is taking one hundred percent credit for starting this holiday tradition.
Speaker 3: I don't care what you say.
Speaker 2: I love taking credit for things I care.
Speaker 4: One of the nation's premiere holiday decorating experts is interior designer Jen Darry and she agrees, this ain't your sweet old.
Speaker 3: Grandma's Christmas anymore.
Speaker 4: As each festive season comes and goes, we're seeing more and more people going above and beyond with their home decor.
Speaker 2: Now you remember that season where we had the Christmas trees upside down in people's living rooms that people are going nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: Well, now we're seeing most families putting up multiple trees in various rooms around their home so they can feel the Christmas spirit bursting throughout the entire house.
Speaker 2: This was just like the update Update. We did this second date exactly. Yes, remember, and she had one in the bathroom.
Speaker 8: Even.
Speaker 4: That's why I said we started this tree because a year ago we had that woman on a second day.
Speaker 3: Who decorated with eight different trees.
Speaker 2: I like, how we don't let her be the one that starts to trend. We still take the credit.
Speaker 4: It only became popular because we broadcast her on.
Speaker 2: Our show spot You're welcome.
Speaker 4: So now everybody wants to have a lot of trees in their house, and each one usually has its own theme like Super Mario Minecraft theme. That's so expensive, favorite reindeer for each one of the kiddos.
Speaker 1: I should do it a little one in my stream room vide.
Speaker 2: Do we mention the lady was on our show. She wasn't getting a call back because of this.
Speaker 4: Then Jem says, that is the Christmas trend. Now more trees.
Speaker 6: Wait, so now it's gonna be like, oh, you only have one tree in your living room?
Speaker 3: Do you even like Christmas?
Speaker 5: Came Grinch?
Speaker 2: Just so much work?
Speaker 6: It is, right though I love Euros too lazy to take down one.
Speaker 4: And if you really love the Holidays, you will DeForest the entire planet anyway.
Speaker 3: Okay, finally, Jeff's joke of the day.
Speaker 4: Cary don't care, Jeff, what kind of shoes do kidnappers wear? White Vansed Brooks pro kidnapping?
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: On the phone, We've got Jose the sprinkler tech just purchased a new home. That's awesome and also purchased a new kid due in December.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to be.
Speaker 4: Job coming this Christmas. It's a sprinkle of love, Hoose.
Speaker 2: That's so cute, Jose.
Speaker 4: This would make a lot more sense if you're a single dad moving out to a Christmas tree farm in the country.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 8: Well, Christmas trees are kind of in season right now.
Speaker 12: You know, guys, I'm gonna be making a.
Speaker 2: Oh is this your first kiddo, Jose.
Speaker 8: No, it's actually my second kid. But my other kid is only a year and six months, so this other kid came.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, going from one to two is more like going from one to five, So buck up.
Speaker 8: That's what I keep hearing from everybody.
Speaker 2: But it's so fun. I mean, once you get through the first like four years, much easier.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how many kids are you aiming for?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not aiming, she said. This is her plan that we're aiming for five kids.
Speaker 4: Who so, Jose desperately needs to win this money just to be able to feed his growing.
Speaker 2: No, it too, he's got he's financially stable. It's when he gets to five that he desperately needs anything.
Speaker 3: He's gonna start saving now.
Speaker 4: Brooke is leaving the studio now, Jose, so while she heads out, let's go over the rules. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 12: I am ready?
Speaker 4: All right, here we go. Your time starts now. Singer Lord celebrates a birthday today. Is she older or younger than twenty five?
Speaker 8: A younger?
Speaker 4: The mythical creature known as a minotaur is a combination of a human and what animal.
Speaker 3: A bull? Which place in America is known as Music City Seattle.
Speaker 4: There's two months named after real historical male figures. July for Julius Caesar and what other month.
Speaker 8: October?
Speaker 4: What car manufacturer makes the accent and the Santa Cruz passing on the last one.
Speaker 3: Alright, good work, Hose.
Speaker 4: Brooke is gonna come back into the studio And do you have any plans for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna have my first Thanksgiving with my family and my new home.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought you just said my first Thanksgiving with my family.
Speaker 2: Is it just gonna be you three? Or are you gonna bring some extended family in.
Speaker 8: It's just gonna be us three for the meantime.
Speaker 2: I had one Thanksgiving with just the four of us. You was so wonderful. Oh god, man, I tried to talk my husband and do it again this year, and we're going to the inlaws.
Speaker 4: Good luck, bro, Your time starts now. Singer Lord celebrates a birthday today. Is she older or younger than twenty five older? The mythical creature known as a minotaur is a combination of a human and what animal goat. Which place in America is known as Music City Nashville. There are two months named after real historical male figures. July for Julius Caesar and what other months August? What car manufacturer makes the accent and the Santa Cruz Ford Cruz.
Speaker 3: Second.
Speaker 4: Guessing yourself over there, I hear. Let's go over to the school board and see how you boll did with Jose.
Speaker 8: Look at me.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fat slot Hey Hoose, I really am a big fat slag. Jose, you got one correct, all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be quiet on the line there.
Speaker 6: Twins and bron you got the dog three corrects.
Speaker 2: I needed it, though, Man, I lost yesterday. It's been a losing year for me in twenty twenty three. So I don't need you to double down. I just said it.
Speaker 3: We just can move on just supporting you, feeding your family.
Speaker 4: Jose Sawry Brooks wouldn't let you win, but let's go over the answers.
Speaker 5: No thanksgiving anymore.
Speaker 4: Singer Lord Culibrit's a birthday. She is older than twenty five. She turns twenty seven this year. The mythical creature known as a minotaur is a combo of a human and a bowl. The place in America known as Music City is Nashville, Tennessee. The two months named after real historical male figures are July for Julius Caesar and August for Augustus Caesar.
Speaker 2: I mean what a family.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Car manufacturer that makes the accent and the Santa Cruz is HYUNDAIOA wow, Yeah, I would have never got that, yeah, Jose. Unfortunately, we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win two tickets to Harry Potter Magic at Play celebrate Harry's journey in discovering the wizarding World like never before with games, explorations, sensory activations, activations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like it activates things that move and stuff is I guess.
Speaker 3: It makes sense. Opening this Friday at the shops at the Braver And in Bellevue.
Speaker 8: Yeah baby, Hey, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear if you still want those five after you have two. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, it's not really up to me.
Speaker 3: You're just a factory. Thanks for playing, Jose.
Speaker 4: We'll be back to the Windbrooks back same time tomorrow, Rookie Jeffrey in the morning.