Speaker 1: Wake grass up.
Speaker 2: The breakfast Club is old.
Speaker 3: Wait ya, the breakfast Club Envy and Charlamagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 4: You then, i'nna come in when this thing.
Speaker 1: See y'all different, y'all the coature, it's different.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking.
Speaker 2: This is probably becoming the most prominent form for.
Speaker 6: Hill, probably being here next to all of you guys.
Speaker 1: It's really put.
Speaker 5: It in perspective to the breakfast club bitches. Wake up, good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo yo Charlamagne the god past to the planet.
Speaker 5: Guess what day it is?
Speaker 1: Guess what day it is?
Speaker 8: Yes, today is Wednesday, hump date, middle of the week. How you feeling out, bear?
Speaker 5: I am blessed, black and highly favored. Thankful to be here with another day to serve. Okay, thankful to be here to have another day to serve the people. Yes, yes, what's going on now?
Speaker 8: Yesterday was election day, so a lot of kids didn't have school yesterday or they had half day. My kids had half day yesterday. So about eleven thirty twelve o'clock, I had to go pick them up. So I took the bowling. Took the kids bowling yesterday. They had a great time. I put the little bumpers there, so it made my score even higher too, So I did exceptionally well. I scored like a two twenty bowling yesterday.
Speaker 1: So I was pretty happy I did.
Speaker 5: So, you cheated the kids, I beat the kids.
Speaker 1: Cheated.
Speaker 8: No, put the bumpers for everybody. Everybody used to bumpers of fair, a fair game. It was a fair It was fair bowling. Everybody had the bumpers.
Speaker 1: Body heard you, You just said you.
Speaker 8: Everybody had the bumpers. Yes, so we all had great scores. But they had a good time. So some ofud had an amazing time yesterday. All right, Well today Doug Melville will be joining I guy, Doug Melville.
Speaker 5: If you don't know, I have a book in print with Simon and Shooter call The Black Privileged Publishing.
Speaker 1: And this is the latest book off the book in print.
Speaker 5: It is called Invisible Generals, Rediscovering Family Legacy and a quest the honor of America's first Black general.
Speaker 1: You know, Veterans Day is right around the corner eleven eleven.
Speaker 5: Veterans Day is eleven eleven. You already know how I feel about the veterans, man. I feel like, you know, veterans get. Veterans just aren't appreciated in this country the way that they should be. Like, there is nothing that pisses me off more than seeing absolutely, you know, veterans on the side of the street asking for money, tanking for.
Speaker 1: Money, fart for this country.
Speaker 5: I feel like that the bare minimum you should get a free health insurance rooming board and it's stipen to take care of whatever your needs every month. That's what I feel like the veterans should get, especially if you went to war and fought for this country. So Invisible Generals, Man, it tells the amazing true story of America's first black generals, Benjamin Old David Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and created the Tuskegee Airmen, and my man Doug Melville will be here this morning to talk all about this amazing new book, in Visible Generals, that's out right now, by the.
Speaker 8: Way, that's right, so definitely go pick it up or downloaded if you're into the audible thing. Also, I would say, you know one thing about a veterans with which a lot of people I guess forget times too. After they do serve and they come back home, it's really hard for them to find jobs. It's not as easy. You would think that you served in this country, it'd be easier for you to find a job, but it was very difficult. That's why my dad became a police officer because when he came back from the Vietnam War, he couldn't find a job. There was nothing available. There was nobody trying to hire him. So and that's why we should be taking care of him in this country. With the war and fought for this country.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That's rights the least we can do.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking when we come back. We got front page news a lot to discuss it. Like I said, yesterday was election day, so we'll give you some of those results that don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning, Oh the Scissor Happy born day. Today is Scissors birthday. So it's Pool Shisty's birthday, Tech nine's birthday, and our very own Sims Simmer. Today is sim Simmer's birthday too. It's the breakfastlo good morning morning. Everybody's thej Envy, Charlemagne the Goud we are the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Let's get in some front page news. Good morning, Tis.
Speaker 9: Little Morning, DJV, Good morning, and Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 8: Let's jump right into it. Let's talk about this these elects Day results.
Speaker 9: Well, before we.
Speaker 10: Talk about that, I want to give some results on another winner, and they go by the name of the Breakfast Club for earning the number one spot in New York in September and October. So congratulations guys on that. Can you drop a clothes wound for yourself?
Speaker 5: Thanks ts, So congratulations.
Speaker 10: And in Kentucky, Republican Daniel Cameron, who was endorsed by Donald Trump, and you guys may remember him. He is the one that did not prosecute the murderers of Brianna Taylor. Tamika Mallory came on the show about a month ago and talked about that he was running for governor and he was defeated last night by Democrat Andy Basher, so he lost their race. A lot of folks are celebrating that they did not want Daniel Cameron in office.
Speaker 9: So Kentucky came out.
Speaker 10: Ohio overwhelmingly decided to have abortion rights legalized, and they legalized marijuana. So abortion was definitely an issue on the ballot and they decided to say they do not you want to be restricted from that. In Mississippi, Republican Tate Reeves beat Democrat Brandy Brandon Presley. It did beat him by about fifty thousand votes. And mayor race is a quick recap on that. Philadelphia, Cheryl Parker, she became the first female and the first black female mayor. And then in Houston, Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, who was trying to also become the first black female mayor in Houston, went into a runoff, so she did not win that, but it had gone to a runoff. In Virginia, another race of people were looking at Democrats now control the General Assembly. Folks may remember Virginia going back and forth. You know, they lose it, they get it back. But this was really important because Republican Governor Glenn Yonkin, he had went around telling people, you know, really on the campaign trail, asking Republicans to give him control of the Assembly. He was really looked as an upcoming star in the Republican Party. And so Democrats only needed twenty one to win the House and they got twenty one. They needed fifty one to win the Senate and they got fifty one. So they you know, literally like barely got it, but still a win is a win, and so folks are looking at that race is also you know what you can look at to expect as you move forward into that.
Speaker 5: Twenty four A couple more races, two tas salute everybody in North Charleston, South Carolina man former North Charlston Police Chief Reggie Burgess, he's won the North Charleston male race. He's the first black person elected to lead the city of North Charlston.
Speaker 1: To salute to him.
Speaker 5: And in Charleston, South Carolina med John Tecklenberg and William Coxwell are going to a runoff on November twenty first, and Charleston that seat. So I don't know why y'alln't want to keep me attacking that seat, but you need to, all right, well that the may Attech is front page.
Speaker 10: Just quick a reminder that tonight is the Republican debate. So folks who want to watch that, uh, there would be Chris Christy, Ronda Santis, Nikki Hayley above A Ramasami and Tim Scott. They will be debating the night, and of course, you know, Donald Trump is skipping this debate, but definitely look out for that. I'm interested to see, you know, what they have to say, what they have to say about the war. That's that has happened, you know, since they had the last debate. So we'll make sure we bring you that report on tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't even know why we keep saying Donald Trump is skipping the debate. He ain't got no, he didn't talk you, he ain't never coming. No, okay, he ain't doing the debate thing this year and still is wiping up all the other GOP nominee. God damn, yep.
Speaker 8: All right, now, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. Were taking your calls when we come back, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: It's a day.
Speaker 1: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way up, whether you're man.
Speaker 5: Or blass, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now eight hundred five eight five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 5: He do something this?
Speaker 11: Joey Man?
Speaker 1: Joey?
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Where you calling from?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 12: Den Man?
Speaker 1: Are going to call him from Detroit? What up? Though?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 11: Hey, I just want to say that I'm fortunate that we were voting on this to the Tip agreement at four mont'cockle Tuesday. O come for but the Pinitip agreement. I just hear graduate.
Speaker 1: Broive tentative agreement.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so getting a raise, it says, right, yeah, well congratulations brother, absolutely, But I mean we need you all to what's the vote? You need everybody to vote forty forty agreement? Right, yeah, okay, so everybody vote.
Speaker 11: We get that. Yeah, everybody got to vote.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So can't tell you congratulations yet, but we were wishing you the best.
Speaker 1: They got a tentative. Votes you got to raise right now. Hes got a tentative, so he got a little raise.
Speaker 11: Now, so they're gonna vote yes on the man, okay, because everybody begetting that. We can't afford that strike money.
Speaker 8: Man, So well good luck man. And also, you know, Jesse Hilarius is out in Detroit. Man, she's doing comedy for a couple of days, So if you can check out.
Speaker 11: All right, may I got it?
Speaker 5: Well, let me tell you all what just gonna be at because I forget hold on, Jessic's going.
Speaker 11: Be at that soundboard.
Speaker 1: You know she's gonna be at the punchline.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's at the punchline tomorrow, tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 1: She got shows at seven o'clock in nine thirty.
Speaker 5: You can go to Jesse lariusofficial dot com for one head on off show man.
Speaker 1: Everybody keep saying that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So Detroit, if you're out there, please go check out Jesse Larry.
Speaker 1: She's funny as issue. It's a great date night events.
Speaker 8: So take your lady out or take your hobby out, and definitely go take check it out.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 13: This is Jones?
Speaker 14: Jones.
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother? You calling for man?
Speaker 14: I'm calling for Michigan.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 14: I'm calling from Michigan, way out in Michigan.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 14: We look at you every day, man, We listen to you every day. Man, Boogi episode, what y'all do? We definitely appreciate you.
Speaker 11: Brothers.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you to get it off my chest this morning.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: It says you locked up, you in prison right now.
Speaker 14: I am an incarcerated individual right now.
Speaker 5: Ain't the man to telled individual calling from.
Speaker 14: Jail and I get it off my chest this morning?
Speaker 1: Please all right, Jesus Day, Thank you man.
Speaker 14: I'm calling on behalf of us. Man, I'm trying to put off for us. We gotta we got big thanks going on.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 14: Listen, Michigan is one of the only like three or four stations with no form of good Time. Man, we're trying to get it there. This time, we got an opportunity we're trying to capitalize on. We are needed signatures to get our good Time ballot on the on the November twenty twenty four. In order to make this happen, we need signatures from Michiganders. If you watch this or listen to this in Michigan, I'm in here with you, man. They over there, they up there. We pushing it TG. So if you are willing to sign our petition or even have slood that will sign our petition, please the sponsor this email or text. You can call representatives. They got a representative at g G ballot twenty twenty three dot org. That's a representative that's pushing that ballot out there. They pulling up for that signature. Man, help them, help you. You want to go home? Shoot that shot.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 14: This is our time.
Speaker 5: Man, Man, you would make it. I know you make a great prison announcmer like when you great get over the microphone and tell everybody what they need to be doing.
Speaker 14: Were praying for you, man, We know we're going through.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, all right, well all right, brother.
Speaker 14: Thank you man, you too?
Speaker 2: All right? Right, that was.
Speaker 1: Lively, very lively.
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five five one five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now and salute to all the brothers and sisters listening to us. That's locked up so I know a lot of them are listening. So salute to those brothers and sisters. It's the breakfast slogan Morning the breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 1: Dj MB is Ross Rossie? Whatout? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Hey? I got a couple of things I don't want to get off my chest. First of all, I don't like how y'all don't never show no respect on my forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: Why should we give a damn about the forty nine ers. I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan.
Speaker 13: I'm a Giants fan because we spanked y'all this Moor this year.
Speaker 1: I mean, all the more reason that I don't give a damn about him.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey, I don't understand all the hostility.
Speaker 1: It's not I don't have the question.
Speaker 13: Cruche especial saying. I just wanted to say I appreciate you guys. At three o'clock in the morning. Where I'm at right now, I would listen to you every morning. I want to see if I can get uh birthday shout out to one of my kids.
Speaker 1: Man, you do it.
Speaker 13: Happy birthday. I'm going to keep the name confidential, but happy birthday, saying I love you and I miss you, and up he keeps giving you all the blacks do.
Speaker 1: There, that's amazing, my brother.
Speaker 13: I was trying to see if I can get like, what is the black the black effect hat?
Speaker 1: You want a black effect hat?
Speaker 13: Yes, sir? And a couple of uh do you have you guys have like audio books? Because I'm blind and we can't.
Speaker 1: We can't send you audio books. You gotta download the audiobook.
Speaker 5: I wish I could, but we now you gotta download the audio impossible.
Speaker 1: We could send you a hat, okay, cool, put your hold on.
Speaker 5: Second, get you a black and flag hat.
Speaker 8: Hold on, get it off your chest? Eight undrink five eight five one five one. Now when we come back, Gez. He had a conversation with Nia Long and they talked about a lot last night, from divores, to relationships, to a safe place for black men, to imagine your mom pulling a gun out on you.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it all when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Gonna be eat the Breakfast Club the morning, everybody. It's the j n V.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne to gud we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Let's talk. Cameron, call out a name or you gossip been chatty? Is the rumor report? I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: This is where the tea spells right right now, Cameron and Mace, we of course doing this show.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 8: And they were discussing Sukiyana, and Cameron was saying, I think she was trying to throw some subliminals at me when she was in the car with me.
Speaker 12: Ain't know was trying to be subliminal with me. You know what I'm saying something sitting there driving you mom? If I get if I put my blue tooth for I guess I was playing too much nas.
Speaker 3: And and all that to yay.
Speaker 12: So then this song comes on, she says, I mean ass, I mean there we switched.
Speaker 4: Now his ass. That's not you trying to tell me.
Speaker 12: Let me tell you something about me real quick. I let you get in the gouch that's as far as you go, and let's say the goose that's under the don't touch my ass, don't turn you on. Listen now have I got my ass before force when I was a teenager and listen.
Speaker 4: As my lights wasn't up and I was now on my knees.
Speaker 1: Well, let's unpack this. Let's unpack this.
Speaker 5: Cam is a rapper, so Sukiana probably just wanted his opinion on her music. Maybe right, uh maybe? And you know we all love Cam's honesty. He admitted to getting a salaitos dropping the clues, bombs of camera. Nothing wrong with that. I don't even think that deserves the pause. Camp deserve doesn't deserve Maybe she was playing his music, or maybe she.
Speaker 1: Was, you know, shooting a shop. I doubt it. I think she was probably just wanted his opinion on her on her music.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 8: All right, now let's jump to Jez. Now, Jeez had a conversation with me along they got candidate. They talk about everything love life, legacy, and also their relationships. Jeez talked about his divorce and what got him to that point.
Speaker 16: What happens when a man gets to the point where they're just like, Okay, I'm filing for.
Speaker 17: Divorce, integrity intech. I could never say anything that would not honor somebody. Absolutely, But I can't tell you that this has not been an easy journey. I can tell you that I'm sadding. I can tell you that I'm disappointed. I can tell you that I'm uneasy. But again, God has put me in a different path, and that path is going to entail for me to take care of myself, you know, And I can only do what.
Speaker 4: I could do, right.
Speaker 18: I can't expect someone else to do what I'm doing.
Speaker 19: But did you go to therapy with her. Yep, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: So you actually.
Speaker 19: Addressed it, tried to work through it, tried to do the work, and it just was like not happening.
Speaker 5: Well, then you tried, Well, that's some good therapy that fits you.
Speaker 8: Try and again that's Geez talking to nia Long. And then I Nia Long discussed her breakup.
Speaker 16: You know, I had a really public breakup recently. It was a wake up call for me in the sense of like, Okay, you're going to do this on your own and you're gonna be fine because the relationship was rocky for a very long time. So because I don't believe another person can break anyone up like I just don't.
Speaker 19: I don't buy that.
Speaker 16: Right to your point with your son, I think my older son saw me trying to keep the family together. But I had to come to a place where loving myself was bigger and more important than saving anybody.
Speaker 17: Well, we can't if you got to save your star player, if your star players not doing good the.
Speaker 19: Team, Can we not talk players? Can we use a different.
Speaker 14: And the race?
Speaker 5: Can we drop one the clues bombs for the magic, the magic that black women, especially black women stars from the nineties possessed. It's unmatched, because what reason would JEZI have to be sitting in front of the Neo Along spilling his guts like this other than he's a fan of Love Jones. But it's amazing. I'm saying it's amazing. It is incredible. What reason other than you loved her and boys in the hood and soul food would you have to be sitting in front of the Neo Along spilling your guts the way that he did.
Speaker 1: As private as jez is, that's crazy. And as much as jez don't.
Speaker 5: Like to talk about nothing, and you give your first statements on your divorce, the good system Ni along not mad at it, but drop on the clues bombs for the magic that black women, especially from the nineties persis.
Speaker 1: It is something about them, isn't it right?
Speaker 8: You got to check out the full interview and he also talks about trauma and.
Speaker 1: How he was molested as a child.
Speaker 19: What was the activation moment of trauma for you?
Speaker 17: The first was being left with a babysitter that was a woman that was older than me and her, you know, touching and doing things to me that don't normally happen to kids. Right, basically, so I was introduced to sex at a very early young Yeah. The second thing was that I had this lady that lived next door to us in the apartment, and she was married to this guy.
Speaker 18: They had two kids. He was around my age, and I used.
Speaker 17: To hang out with them, and I was there one day they got into an argument and I heard them, you know, and I heard that saying before yeah, you wait till I get back. I'll be right back. And I heard from yelling and all all right, was.
Speaker 19: He killed us the white.
Speaker 18: It didn't kill her? He shot out like four times?
Speaker 19: Oh my god.
Speaker 17: Right, And eventually they found me under the sink. When the police said everything, it was there, but I just, you know, they just stuck with me.
Speaker 5: I love it. Man, Brothers is having conversations that we don't normally have. Okay, I've told you all, I've got different scenarios, but the fact brothers are discussing these taboo things openly, we are healing, y'all healing you hear me?
Speaker 8: Yeah me, Like I said, you guys definitely need to check out the g Z and NIA long conversation. I do want to play one more part, and this is a conversation that a call he received from Phara Khon.
Speaker 17: When I got out of jail, I was at the lowest point in my life. I think everything right, and I got caught up. I had Minister Faricon calling me every other day like, Jez, brother, the enemy is coming. I'm just like, what the hell is going on? So he called me and said, brother, Jeez, your message is changing. The enemy is coming.
Speaker 5: Get you.
Speaker 17: I said, what I'll do is spead mister fair con all my enemies in my neighborhood.
Speaker 18: I'm not going back there at no time soon. He said, you know the enemy.
Speaker 17: But he was saying was that my message was changing and I was starting to educate my people right, and now he comes to enemy and he was aligned it. It was when I got to that arena to do my show up from the thirty thousand people, it was my turn to go on stage.
Speaker 18: It was maybe seventy police back there wait to take Mick Chill.
Speaker 17: It was a span of my life maybe like three years, probably shortly after my first album, Like it was shootout. The shootout, like I've been a shootout with my dad being right there, and it's like a combo of everything.
Speaker 5: You always got to heat the minister warnings. You got to heat the warnings from the minister. But also no, you are divinely protected. The weapons may form, but they will not prosper. You hear me, all right, you hear me. Well that is your rumor report.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, when we come back, we got front page news.
Speaker 8: Testling figure out will be joining us, and also Doug Melville will be joining us.
Speaker 1: He has a new book called Invisible Generals. That's right, man.
Speaker 5: It tells the amazing truth story of America's first black generals, Benjamin Old Davis Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and created the Tuskegee Airmen. And it is the latest release off my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing via Simon and Schuster. So I can't wait to sit and chop it up with Doug. I had Doug on the Daily Show with me last week too, so it's a pleasure to have him on Breakfast Club this morning as well.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we'll get the front page news next. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Come morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody at j MV.
Speaker 8: Charlemagne the God. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 10: What's up tis on DJ and it's Charlemagne the Gods.
Speaker 8: Now, let's talk about this gentleman that was arrested across Union Station. Now, is this the same guy that they crashed into the gate and when the cops pulled him out they had guns on them.
Speaker 1: Is that the same story?
Speaker 10: I don't know that if we have so many stories like that, so I don't know exactly one which one you're referring to.
Speaker 9: But this was yesterday.
Speaker 10: It was trending yesterday about a guy who was at Union Station and had AAR fifteen.
Speaker 9: He was arrested. Let's take a look.
Speaker 20: We were briefed by US Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger, who identified the suspect as a mere Levon Morrell from Atlanta, Georgia. Chief Major says that Morell was walking through this park carrying a weapon that resembled an AR fifteen when someone spotted him and then alerted Capitol police.
Speaker 10: That's the one you were talking about, because I want to make sure we're talking about the same one. But the officers on this one said that he appeared to be dealing with some mental health issues. But they can confirm that there was just based on their conversations. They do not know why he was in the park with a gun, and it is an ongoing investigation. So yeah, they did arrest him, but I'm not sure that's the video you were referring to.
Speaker 8: Now now I heard it, I guess I thought I heard another man I guess was around the same area had a gun as well, and they said the gun was it was I guess a handgun, but it was I guess some type of way it was armed with. It could just be an automatic handgun. And I guess he was arrested yesterday too, But it.
Speaker 9: Might be the same story.
Speaker 10: They're saying this was an AR fifteen, But in report that I read, it was pretty clear that there was in AR fifteen, So not not sure.
Speaker 9: Hopefully we didn't have key people.
Speaker 10: Going to the capitol yesterday doing that, so I'm pretty sure it's the same story.
Speaker 8: Now, let's talk about the third officer charged in McLean's death found not guilty.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we covered this last week when we believe it was the last week when one of the officers was found not guilty, So a jury found Colorado police officer Nathan Wood were not guilty again in the death.
Speaker 9: As a reminder, this is the.
Speaker 10: Case where the three police officers responded to a call about a suspicious person that was just walking in Elijah was just walking to the store. They restrained him in a choke hold, and he passed away. So to recap one officer was convicted of negligent homicide and third degree assault, but the other two officers were found not guilty. This is the second one, and then there are still two paramedics who are waiting trial later this month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't I don't understand how that works.
Speaker 5: Ever, Like, if you're going to charge one police officer, you got to charge all of them because you know, our day ascessory.
Speaker 1: He's the murder.
Speaker 5: If they just stood around and watched this young man, you know, die, and they didn't intervene to stop this young man from getting killed shore and they be charged with murder too or some type of they should be charged with something. Well, they were.
Speaker 9: Charged, but they were found not guilty, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: How Yeah, it's unfortunate, especially again this is just it kind of reminds me again to trade by Martin.
Speaker 9: You know, he's just going to.
Speaker 10: The store of minus business and just you know, hey, you look suspicious. So really really unfortunate story and prayers to his mother.
Speaker 5: Officers like that live with themselves, man, like once you once they once they take a step back and they start this. I'm sure they see the same videos we see of Elijaha Clan and you started to hear what kind of kid he was? How do they live with themselves knowing they killed this innocent young man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Do they take a step back?
Speaker 10: You know, that's the question that a lot of them step right in another position, in another hu, another police department, unfortunately, which is why we keep trying to push, you know, push that as an issue that it should have a database and these officers should not be able to be rehired. If nothing else, you need to find another career. So hope they do take a step back. But I don't know, Charla Man, I don't know if a lot of them do.
Speaker 5: I'm just talking about emotionally and mentally. I ain't talking about professionally. But I'm at some point, you take a life, you still got to reflect on that life at some point when you start to realize who that person was. You got to realize like damn, I messed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah hope.
Speaker 9: So but want to end on a positive note. I tay you. We have to end on a negative note.
Speaker 10: Jess hilarious, DESSI and Glenn tattoo Man Page they held it down yesterday in Detroit, so wanted to give them a shout out with that, and then shout out to my team on tes On Tien. We did premiere the show last night, had a premiere party at the Revolt Studios. I'm here now in Atlanta, so that was a really really good time. So one of to just great positive things going on as well, but still got a couple of the other stuff.
Speaker 9: One end on a positive note.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations again.
Speaker 5: You all right, make sure you subscribe to Teslin Figuos podcast A great shot, no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network and follow at Teslin Figureo on all social media platforms.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back, Doug Melville will be joining us.
Speaker 1: He's an author. He has a new book out Lamin's Imprintice called Invisible General.
Speaker 5: That's right, Invisible Generals tell the amazing true story of America's first black generals, Benjamin O'Davis Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and create the Tuskegee Airman. Eleven eleven is Veterans Day. That's right around the corner. So his book is very timely, man, and this conversation will be very timely too, So I can't wait to sit and talk to my guy, Doug Melville.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get into that next. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is dj n V charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed we have the brother Doug Melville.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: How you doing today, gentlemen? How my wife today?
Speaker 1: Wife to see you?
Speaker 5: It is release week for us Man and Generals is out. It is the new release off my book in print Black Privilege Publishing with Simon and Schuston. Man happy to be able to put this into the world. Tell them what Invisible Generals is?
Speaker 2: Yes, so, Invisible Generals is my family story of America's first two black generals. And these two gentlemen, a father and his son were critical to the integration of the United States of America's military, which was seventy five years ago this year, and also were the two men responsible for getting the legislation passed to create the Tuskegee Airmen, and then the son commanded the Tuskegee Airmen. So these two men did so much in history. And out of the three hundred and thirty five thousand people in the military at the start of World War Two, there was only two black officers wo a father and a son, and they were the invisible generals, treated as if they were invisible as a way to get them to resign, drop out, or get dishonorably discharged from the military, but they used it as a superpower to help change America.
Speaker 5: Well, you know that was gonna be the title of the book.
Speaker 2: Probably from the beginning. You know, my dad, that was kind of how he presented the story to me about Ben and his father as the invisible generals, and I just liked the way it sounded. He said it kind of impassing to me, but it was something that you know, stuck on and the more I researched, the more I got involved in it, the more you realized they were really treated like they were invisible. No one talked to them, they were silent. So that was the title that I thought was fitting not only them, their contributions.
Speaker 5: We talked about this on the Daily Show a little bit, but it's so fascinating to me, Like, tell them what they helped create.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So a lot of times, you know, when you talk about veterans, you talk about people in the military, you only talk about their military service, but the reality is there's so many more contributions. So Ben Davis Junior the youngest of the two Invisible generals, when he retired in nineteen seventy from the military. He then went on to work at the Pentagon and he was responsible for leading the efforts to create what is now known as the TSA. So there was only two airports in the whole United States that had commercial security, and there was a lot of hijackings and skyjackings. So when he came from the military, he said, the first thing that I should do is tried and clients were starting to feel really uneasy. And back then, hijackers would or the airplane take out what they would run down the aisle, take everybody's jewels and then open the door and parachute out. So this happened seventy eighty ninety times a month. I mean, if you look at the staticta, it's crazy. But airlines were just getting started at that level and scale that we know them today. So he said, we have to make sure that aviation is safe, and it was key to do the proper communication because he didn't want people to get scared and then not want to fly, because you make everybody nervous to travel and things of that nature. So he said, there's two things that we have to do. Number one, we need to have people undercover and have them federally regulated to make sure, like you know, passenger fifty seven, like Leslie Snipes, you know, he has to go on here and like protect the plane. And he oversaw the training of four thousand officers who ended up being the first federally funded air marshal or sky marshall program. So that was one solution. And the second solution was take the two airports in DC that had commercial security and see how he could replicate that use X rays and using metal detectors for luggages and people to ensure that they were safe when they went in. So this man did both of these contributions and people never heard of them. Yeah, we use these things all day, every day. We don't even think about it.
Speaker 8: I was gonna ask, so when he did it so far, so long ago, why did it take so long for the whole world to jump?
Speaker 11: Was it?
Speaker 1: Was it the nine eleven fear?
Speaker 2: And yeah, nine to eleven fear was when TSA, you know, kind of up their game a little bit and became a little bit more of a federally funded and centralized because each airport was doing it somewhat individually. They had the federal standards, but each airport had a little You remember before nine to eleven you would kind of go one minute early. You'd be like, oh, went off in your pocket. They'd be like, you're so crazy, what was going on here? So that was when it became what we most people know of it today. But you know, he did these under the guidance of the president at the time, and it was important that he made aviation safe. So that's one of the stories I share in the book is how can we not know these stories?
Speaker 5: And then the speed limit, Like, that's crazy to even think that there was a time where there was no speed limit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and this was under the Carter administration. Those two were under the Knicks administration. But under the Carter administration he went and they brought him on in nineteen seventy five to be a special assistant to help create a national speed limit. So it was it served two different purposes. Part of the purposes was to ensure that maximize gas because there was a gas shortage and they wanted everybody to drive, you know, at a rate that would maximize the RPMs of the car. And then the second part of it was to federalize a national speed limit because there was a lot of confusion in the states truck drivers ticketing, but people didn't want it, you know, And it was really his last assignment, and some would argue he got you know, that was his last assignment because everybody was writing letters going, we hate the fifty five mile hour speed limit. It was sixty five. You lowered it. I bought this fast car. I hate it. So he was nicknamed mister fifty five. But it wasn't something at the time that was very complimentary. People really thought it was more of a burden. But he was the one who made sure that was put into a federal law.
Speaker 8: So my question is is a lot right at So you talk about TSA, you talk about you know, what he did in the military, and you know, even with the speed limit. What made you want to share this story? What was the point where you said, I want to share this story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, you know, it came out in an unexpected way. So I was invited to a screening of the movie Red Tails and Terrence Howard in the movie was the commander of the Red Tails. Ye, and we're all there, it's the Red Tails. It's you know, a bunch of you know, actual Tusky airman on one side and then the actors on the other side. And I'm in the middle and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, Doug, this is the screening of Red Tails.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my gosh, I'm so excited. And then we get down to the screening and he comes on the screen and his name was changed, and I was like, what, Colonel Bullard?
Speaker 5: Who is that?
Speaker 2: So I'm furious and I leave and there's an act after party and I start asking people at the party who's who changed the names and they're like, oh, Doug, this is Hollywood. This isn't a documentary this is this is a movie that fictionalizes the Red Tails, And I go, yeah, but all the families are here and all the names are changed. And I went home and I said, Dad, this is you know, outrageous, And my dad laughed to me and goes, Doug, if you think changing the names are bad, let me tell you how I was raised and how Ben and his father helped raise me, and how they lived as if they were invisible because our lives were threatened. And then he shared with me the story and that kind of sent me on a journey to start researching and going in because even my dad found out things during this process that he didn't know about, and it was it was an incredible experience to go do that.
Speaker 8: All right, We got more with Doug Melville when we come back. His book Invisible Generals is out right now, So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne Day.
Speaker 8: We are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Doug Melville. His book Invisible Generals is out right now.
Speaker 5: Chentlemen talk to us about you know why telling these stories is so important for the families to retain ownership.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So my biggest thing of like my purpose was when I started finding out after Red Tales, the families of these movies that we watch don't necessarily get paid. You know, the family of other movies Devotion or you know Red Tales. Sometimes the families are brought on as advisors, but there's not necessarily a name and likeness fee. There's no creative input from the families necessarily. So the more I started researching this, the more I realized is that the people who film the story or write the story own the story because people in the military are public servants, so it's all public domain. So all these stories of congressmen, elected officials, military veterans, anyone in the public sector, anyone can tell your story and you don't have to get paid for it. So I said, there is no way that this story is gonna survive and have someone else swoop in tell the story. How they want to own the rights to the story. And then here the family is doesn't get any rights for the name or the story. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: I love the title of the chapter, extraordinary just to be ordinary.
Speaker 2: Explain it so extraordinary just to be ordinary was kind of like that rule that maybe your family gave you that you got to work twice as hard as half as much.
Speaker 5: You know, this is basically the black family, by the way, black man.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, no, it's it's it's it's a thing that you're raised with.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: My dad would always say, Doug see is for garbage man, And I would say, no, Dad. You know, Billy got to see other people that He's like, Nannah, Doug, Nana, you can't get a sea. So I think extraordinary, just to be ordinary was really the plight of these two men. Graduate are the only two officers in the United States of America, and now they can't be in charge of anybody because the military segregated. So their job was to go to black colleges and teach ROTC. So for four years they go to all these black colleges. And this is when the black graduation rate was under ten percent, so the literacy rate was low. They go to all these black colleges, two officers that should be in charge of people going into battle and they're teaching military war college. But they didn't complain. They said, what we're going to do is we're going to tell these men, your black men keep your chin up, keep your head up, focus on the dream, write a goal on the wall, and one day this country is going to call you and need your service. At the start of World War two, black pilots were needed and all those men that they taught ended up being the fifteen thousand Tuskigee airmen that went down to Alabama, and that was the creation of what the tusky Gairman became. So when I said extraordinary, just ordinary have to sometimes be ten times qualified just to get a job that you that someone else did with a different background that you just you know, they just walked right into it. And you know, crazy, this is real life stuff. I mean, this is like all of us. You know, you see someone got ten PhDs and then this guy's like, oh yeah, but my uncle did it, you know.
Speaker 8: So what's your thought on military now, and especially the way that they treated your family members and the way they've consistently treated black military men.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts on it now?
Speaker 2: I think the military is evolving, you know, I kind of look at it as like a heartbeat, you know, it just goes in and out, in and out. I think the military now is in the best place that's ever been there's more people looking at this subject than ever before. There's more people talking about it, there's more eyeballs on it. But just like any big organization or institution, you know, more can always be done. But I think if you look at our Joint chiefs of Staff, General C. Q. Brown, you know, General Austin, you know the top generals in the whole United States of America are are black men or men of color. So the military really has made a conscious effort to do better. And I think a lot of people are making an effort. I think the challenges is that the receiver of the effort, the people that benefit the most, always feel like everything's going too slow. Oh is it not moving faster? Oh, by the time I do this, I'm going to, you know, be too old. So the military is trying to evolve, and I think that's all you could really ask. But I think it's our responsibility to also evolve it by bringing facts in stories that change the narrative Black people in the military. Their stories have been made invisible or have been a race just like with you know, redlining. I mean, there's so many stories of all these different black communities flooded to become Lakes. You know, you look at Central Park. I mean you look at all these different things and say, what everything keeps getting erased and deleted. So if we don't go back and ask our fathers and grandfathers and uncles and aunts what happened back in the day, we're never going to really get the real sal story. And then we have to take everybody at their word, and that word may have been skewed or biased based on the people who wrote the word, based on historians, based on what people chose to feel. What's valuable in writing?
Speaker 1: You know what I love, man?
Speaker 5: I love the fact that you know, when you look at all the books that are being banned and you look at things like Critical Race there and how they're really trying to erase so many of black people's contributions. This is why books like Invisible General are so important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know. I actually it's funny enough. Shar I asked if I could have a book band meeting because I wanted to understand what constitutes a band book. And I asked, I called everybody and we had a zoom and I said, excuse me, can I have a request a banned book meeting? And they all get on the phone and they're explaining to me, if you bring up a side of alternative history, then that could be considered to be a bandage.
Speaker 5: The thing is alternative history. It's either history or it is not.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, but it's alternative to what is the general understood history. Actually that came out, so it's very subjective. The truth right about history. Don't be showing up here with a new story that no one ever heard of and then try to get it put into the schools. But the thing about the banned books, that's so wild, and think about it. We don't ban websites, we don't ban anything on streaming, but there's something about the book and something about the written word that everything stems off of that people want to ban. And it's just really odd for me. But the result of that meeting was they said that in the state of Florida, in the state of Texas, public schools and universities, sometimes public libraries may not actually carry the book due to the book ban, and it may actually end up on a list.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Wow.
Speaker 5: In the book, you also say a father figure Inspies is meant to achieve I loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Ben Davis Junior was really the many of the Tusky era and the ones that are still alive or you read stories, they looked at him as a father figure. And actually Ben Davis Junior had no biology kids of his own, but my dad was his oldest nephew, and when he found out his wife couldn't bear children, he wanted the same relationship with his son that his dad had with him. And they went to Connecticut and got my dad at seven, brought him down a Tuskegee and my dad was raised by him and his wife Agatha. And I just look at that and say, you don't have to do that. You know, you're you're fighting all these other people, you're doing all this work, and you still want to go and be that extra father figure. So that was really, you know, where he sat in my family, but also for all the Tuskegee airman and they always say if it wasn't for Ben Davis, you know, he would always say, you have to use the system to diffuse the system. And that was his big line to the men. Don't yes I like that, don't go out here trying to do too much. Just use the system to diffuse the system. First, you got to get in the system. Then once you're in the system, you got to have a voice. Then once you have a voice, then you get a vote. Once you get a vote, then you can make policy. And that could take twenty thirty years. But if you want to change the way things are, I mean, it's our responsibility to do it.
Speaker 8: All right, We got more with Doug Melville when we come back. His book Invisible Generals is out right now, so don't move his the breakfast Club, Good morning, when everybody is dnt V, Charlamage, the guy we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Doug Melville is here.
Speaker 8: He has a new book on Charlomagne's imprint, is called Invisible General Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about the million Dollar Star chapter two, because you say sometimes you're tolerated but not celebrated. Other times you're celebrated but not compensated. Yeah, more important, celebrated or compensated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the million Dollar Star chapter I talk about. So Ben didn't get his fourth star in nineteen sixty seven under LBJ. He retired in nineteen seventy. He should have been a four star general. So thirty plus years go by, luckily. Senator John McCain vouched after many, many attempts to get him his fourth star that he rightly deserved, so finally the bill passes. It was actually written in to a defense bill and part of the stipulation there was two stipulations. Number one was you're gonna retire under You're gonna get to four star under retirement, so not active duty, which is standard. But number two was the family would not get one penny of compensation wow for the thirty years past or the years forward. And it caused a whole argument in the family, and his wife of over sixty years does not go to the ceremony. She says, we will not go all the things the United States did to us, and you don't want to pay us, but you want to give us the star. So when I say go where you're celebrated, not tolerated, I really mean that. But then don't go where you're not compensated, because that happens every day. You know, people that are historically oppressed are paid with opportunity and lieu of money, and this is something that we have to make sure we tell our children, our family members. When you don't have any money, people pay you with opportunity, which is good.
Speaker 5: Opportunity lead the money though.
Speaker 2: It can, but you have to have that time. And when you need that hand the mouse situation where you don't have that money, rants do car payment, et cetera, then you have to really do the best you can do. And then you feel like you're the opportunity is not confirmed, you know, it's like you just it's like the opportunity bank. Is it real? You know? And for you know, some people that have money, you could buy time. But if you don't have any money, opportunity is great, but it doesn't really mean anything without that money, but only stories.
Speaker 5: Listening to your family members in the military, did you ever want to go into the military?
Speaker 2: Hell no, you listen. I can't do all that. I want to tell jokes and laugh and you know, shuck it up and like, hey, what's you guys doing when we're going out tonight? You know when we play in spades. I'm trying to do the like fun cool thing that military. When they said you got to get up, eat up, sit straight, iron, make your bed, I was like, whoa, take it easy, take it easy. I'm trying to go to college and let my college experience, right, I'm not trying to go to the military. They never promoted it good or bad. And I think sometimes when we talk about Veterans Day, we forget sometimes people aren't in the military, but they still live a veteran family life. But I can tell you one thing, I think the military it's a hard assignment. It's like West Point is like Harvard, but also with PT you know, you still got to go through all the exercises and everything. But I'm not really trying to do all that. I'm trying to laugh it up, hang out with the fellas. You know what we're doing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. You know, military is like get one day off quick, eat up, stand up, sit up. I'm like, oh, man, I can't do all that.
Speaker 5: So what do you hope people take from reading Invisible Generals?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: I would like people to get from Invisible Generals. First off, we need to support our veterans and tell our stories of our veterans. And I think that's the main thing I want people to do is take a minute love thy VETERANGI date right around the corner Veterans Day. That's what I'm saying. We need to be out here loving the veterans, hyping them up positive, looking at them as not people running around and fatigues, but people all in the world CEO, CFO coos. I think that's so important. And then the next thing I want people to take out of this book is I want everybody to own their own story. You have got to write your family story, Charlotte Magne Envy everybody. You know we write memoirs sometimes, but sometimes you have to go back two or three generations, understand the jet fuel that your family worked for in that generational collateral, and see can you actually continue something. You're not lost. You didn't just get dropped here. But I want people to take that time to look on their couch before their family members pass away and say, hey, you know what I'm saying, let's go out here, let's learn about our family. Because I switched my career to become a diversity officer in corporate America when I found out my family story. You know, I was working in LA for Magic Johnson and he was teaching me what diversity was, but I wasn't doing a diverse see in a corporate environment. But the second that I found out my family story, I say, you know what, I'm gonna make sure I make those who are invisible visible and corporate environments. And that was because I asked the people on my couch what they live through. So if there's one thing to take out of it, that's what it would be.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Veterans Day is eleven eleven.
Speaker 2: That's right, right, eleven eleven at one eleven, that's the time World War One ended.
Speaker 5: So make sure to do something great for a veteran this week. You know, I've said this a million times. I hate how this country treates veterans. There's nothing I hate more than seeing somebody who's fought for this country on the side of the road with a sign begging for change.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like veterans should get free room and board.
Speaker 5: I think they should get free health care, and I think they should get a stipend every month to you know, take care whatever they need to take care of.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, and especially mental health.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know, the amount of veterans that commit suicide, the amount of veterans that are homeless, and you know, their benefits get cut off, their work skills may not be tight. So I think, you know, we could all just learn a lot and realize that you know, their experience was just five minutes ago. But we do need to do something for the veterans and today's election day, Veterans Day is just coming up this weekend, so try to do something.
Speaker 18: Well.
Speaker 5: Make sure y'all go pick up Invisible Generals. It is available everywhere you buy books right now. You can go to Bonds and Nobles, you can go into the Barn and Double bookstore, local bookstores. Invisible Generals, Man, the latest release off my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing with Simon and Schuster, Atriar Simon and Schuster. So Doug, thank you, brother, Doug Melville, thank you man. I appreciate you. And where can they find you?
Speaker 2: And I want to just thank you Charlotte Mane for believing in the story.
Speaker 1: Absolutely just the beginning.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: You got documentaries, books, movies, Yeah, we got all that.
Speaker 2: We getting paid.
Speaker 1: What's good? Where's that cheese? Doug? Breakfast Club?
Speaker 5: Good Boy A A A A A A. Who's my guy, Doug Melville? Man, make sure you go pick up The Visible Generals Man, it's in bookstores right now. Yes, the amazing true story of America's first Black Generals Benjamin o' david Sr.
Speaker 2: And Junior Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the latest released off my book in print, Black Privillle is published with vas Simon and Schuston.
Speaker 1: So go get that right in time for Veterans Day. Yeah, shout to the Breakfast Club producers.
Speaker 8: Uh, the some of the women up here will put me onto some of the things that they are into. Like one, you know, one Sydney, one of the producers, was talking about cats and how she has a cat and all of the stuff that she goes with cats.
Speaker 12: And then.
Speaker 5: You think they're all a bunch of future cat women if you ask me, you know what, you know what? Okay, I've been telling them that for the longest. I'm glad they're finally embracing it. All right, you know what, forget it. Let's get to the roomors. Let's talk Lori Harvey name or you've gossip chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea.
Speaker 8: Spells right right, all right now, Laurie Harvey and Damson Idrists they're saying split after one year of dating.
Speaker 1: Yesterday they put out a joint statement. They see.
Speaker 8: They said, we are at a point in our lives where our individual paths require our full attention and dedication. We part ways, remaining friends with nothing but love and respect for each other and the time we shared together.
Speaker 5: Yes, and Laurie must have liked him. Laurie's gonna be putting on those statement after she dumped these holes for Lauri. Team Laurie over here. Okay, all right, y'all ain't learned nothing from reading Steve Harry Harvey's book, but Laurie did, right, Laurie read Pop's book. Okay, Laurie applying the rules to that book correctly.
Speaker 1: All right, Jesus, all right, sorry for those fellas out there.
Speaker 5: Like a lady, think like a nigger dropping for Laurie Harbor. A new book from Laurie Harvey coming soon. Okay, at least you gotta least he got a press release.
Speaker 1: Press release, Yeah, okay, because I don't think Future didn't get one. Michael B. Jordan nothing one, nothing, Now, Lewis Hamilton didn't get one. Who that is? H okay? Then got one?
Speaker 5: Damn it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 8: Well, Timberland people were mad at Timberland. That's because he was doing an interview and he said that maybe justin Timberlake should have put a muzzle on Britney Spears is.
Speaker 2: Making headlines again because of Britney's memoir.
Speaker 3: She said that all crazy.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call it.
Speaker 8: Well, people were upset about that. Britney Spears was super super super super upset about it. They said, Uh, yes, some of the comments if you see Timberland talking is about Britney is because she refused to work with him in two thousand and six after he begged her to work with him. Somebody said Timberland who somebody else has said Timberland is a waste of a sperm for being disrespectful to Britney Spears.
Speaker 1: Uh, the loser can go to hell.
Speaker 5: Well, man, Timbo wasn't talking and that was not disrespectful. Timbo was from Virginia. Man, That's how country folk talk. He was even you could you could hear it was. It was Kinnie and Jess.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, Like, come on, but we know Timberland as a person, so we know not that type of person. But Timberland did apologize for, you know, for hurting the fans feelings and taking a quote unquote share woman.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, to all the Britney fans out you right, I'm wrong, I'm wrong muzzle. You know, it's just certain words.
Speaker 21: It don't like a dog like she's not no dog with the freaking myself like you know what I'm saying. He was just like, you know how you just got too comfortable, just just just rambling at the mouth. It's just don't know what you're talking about. That's justin Timberlake, you know. But at the end of the day, it's just it's none of my business.
Speaker 5: You felt like an apology. Is nothing wrong with that either, you know, apologizing. But that is a moment where he was talking freely in front of people he probab wouldn't shouldn't have been talking freely in front of him, No.
Speaker 8: So yeah, And Tyler Perry, he was on the view talking about a new project that's coming out that's dedicated to his late mother. He was talking to the whole Sarah Haynes and and started tearing up a little bit when talking about his mom.
Speaker 9: It was a well done so thank you.
Speaker 22: I'm very proud of them. They did a great job.
Speaker 16: When I met Maxine through all of it, I didn't know her, but it shows just how much you endured as a child.
Speaker 22: You Yeah, wait a minute, that who took me. You met that, you met my mother through it. Man, that's wow, you really got me there. I'm sorry, I need to get myself together.
Speaker 23: Hello, Hell, I'm sorry we're talking about Yes, yes, I just imagine a woman who's lived her entire life with so much pain, and she was always worried about everybody else. And I think I've watched her get sick, I watched her get canceled, I watched I have all of these things. Because her intention was are you happy? Are you okay? She never put herself on the list. So to say that this documentary that Lelian LEMANI did about my life introduces her to the world, that that moves me.
Speaker 1: Tell you something, man.
Speaker 5: Tyler Perry documentary Maxine's Baby. I had the pleasure of seeing that documentary some months ago, and it.
Speaker 1: Is very very, very very very powerful.
Speaker 5: One of the best documentaries I've seen.
Speaker 1: In a long time.
Speaker 5: And you know it is you know, when you watch the documentary, you realize it is the greatest honor a son could give his mother, you know, because he was God's gift to her, and she shared her gift with the world. It's a very inspiring documentary. Man, abolutely can't wait till people see it. It's called Maxine's Baby, the Tyler Perry Story, that's right. And when you watch it, man, there's so many gyms in it because you know you're gonna feel you know, I feel like watching it when I watched it. You know, men, we don't really unpack a lot of issues with our fathers, our father figures. But you know, Tyler Perry does that a lot in this documentary, and I think, you know, unpacking, you know, our issues with our fathers our father figures is imperative to our healing. So yeah, I can't wait till everybody gets to see a Maxine's Baby, all right, and salt to Tyler Perry, and that is it's coming on Amazon, Amazon taking, okay, and that is your rumor report, all right now, charlamagn who are giving that dunkan two man for after the Hour?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I need?
Speaker 5: Who the hell am I giving Donkey two? So much going on this money, oh man. A guy named Marcus A. Stapleton. He's actually from New Jersey right right over the bridge. Man, he's thirty five years old. And it is a lesson to be learned in this I don't know if it's a lesson that'll ever be corrected, because you know, we're talking about systems here, and these systems are working the way that they designed to work. But we'll discuss all right, We'll get into that next, So don't move. It's the breakfast club in the morning.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Damn, but he hogged.
Speaker 2: It's time for donkey, I mean, trying to beat donkey today.
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 5: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making new people do these days.
Speaker 1: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 24: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 5: Wow, Jess hilarious. Donkey Today for Wednesday, November eighth goes to thirty five year old Marcus A. Stapleton.
Speaker 1: Now, I believe Marcus is from New Jersey.
Speaker 5: He was in prison in New Jersey, so I'm assuming he's from New Jersey. But according to police, he has a lengthy criminal record and he was just released from prison in New Jersey. Now I don't know what he was in prison for, and I know there are a lot of people right now listening to me in the county jail, listening to me in prison, and they are dreaming of being released. Some of them have released age, some of them don't. Some are coming home sooner than others. With themorrow of the story is all of them are dreaming about coming home. What are some of the first things folks want to do when they get out of prison. Number one is just simple socialization, okay, getting back acclimated with society. Small dinner, you know, meet up with some friends, of course, if you have a lady in your life, connecting with her, getting some cheeks, okay, if you got kids, going to love on them, finding a job. Most brothers when they get out of prison are simply trying to do everything they can to not go back. Well, Marcus Ay stayed with them. Clearly is not like most brothers. See, Marcus got released from prison, and the first thing he did, I'm talking the very first thing he did, was find a way to go back. In fact, he found a way to celebrate. I don't know why he thought this was the celebration, but let's go to Q one and fourth. Jim Carferryport Please.
Speaker 25: A man just released from prison in New Jersey, celebrated the accomplishment by stealing an ambulance, smashing into a convenience store, and hitting a state police cruiser. Marcus A. Stapleton, aged thirty five, is accused of crashing the vehicle and then fleeing on foot before being captured inside a nearby factory. The incident occurred shortly after one am Monday, when Stapleton told the convenience store clerk he had a body in the ambulance and needed directions. The clerk gave the directions and then immediately called nine to one one. Stapleton then went back to the store asking for more directions. That's when the suspect hopped back into the ambulance and drove it into the front of the store before driving off. Two police officers then stopped their cruiser in the street, hoping to stop the ambulance. However, the vehicle did not stop, instead hitting the passenger side front fender of the cruiser. That's when Stapleton fled on foot and attempted to hide before cop busted him. Stay Ful ten has been charged with that faggravated assault and other related charges.
Speaker 5: Need I remind you he did all of this immediately after just being released from prison immediately, ain't sap Okay. Now, they said he's a disabled veteran and was staying with his wife. Well that's what he said. He said he's a disabled veteran and was staying with his wife after getting out of jail in Bergen City, New Jersey. Marcus, if you got a wife, you're not acting like it, because after being in prison, I would have been trying to do everything in my power to stay up under my wife's cheeks. Okay, you sir, acting like you left Bay behind bars? Maybe all right? The man once got a boyfriend in the only logical explanation. Okay, he told Boo, I'll be back in time to spend Thanksgiving with you. And man is he keeping promises?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Police said he has a lengthy criminal record. All right, this man is institutionalized. He has no idea how to operate outside of prison.
Speaker 1: All those things.
Speaker 5: You know I described to you, getting the job, getting acclimated in society, that's too much for him, all right. See, he didn't even get out and commit a crime that had anything to do with trying to get some money. He wasn't even trying to get back on his feet. He got out stole an ambulance and drove it to the wall of a convenience store and then hit a state police cruiser. That man was trying to get back to the boo, the boyfriend he left behind, all right. To quote a future NBA Hall of Famer, he was thinking about that meat, all right, Marcus A. Stapleton had that meat on his mind, and he wanted to get back to it, because ain't no way, all right, some people just career criminals, man. And if these prisons, these jails were the correctional facilities they claimed to beat, and maybe, just maybe they could get this brother the mental and emotional help he needs to become a productive citizen in this society. If this man could earn a trade in prison, get a higher level of education, get some mental health treatment, then he would he would have some tools to help him land on his feet when he's released from prison. I used the term get back on his feet earlier, and we used that term a lot when we talk about brothers and sisters getting released from prison. We got to erase that from all lexicons, because that's not the way it should be. If you spend all this time in a so called correctional facility. You should actually be released from prison on your feet. You should actually be released standing on business, all right, because if these facilities were actual correctional institutions, folks would acquire a whole new set of skills that they could use in the real world. Okay, but all these places do is script you of dignity. Folks can't even self educate themselves anymore because they've banned so many books in prison. So if you don't let people educate themselves, you don't teach them a trade, you don't get them the resources they need to take care of their mental and physical well being. If you don't give these individuals nothing but a hard time, what do you think they are gonna end up doing?
Speaker 1: Say it with me, kids.
Speaker 5: The word of the day is recidivism. Okay, it's a cycle, all right. Rearrest, reconviction, reincarnation, no, not reincarnation. Reincarnation would be good if you got a life centerce reincarceration, okay, rearrangement. All of these things could be corrected if we wanted them to be. All right, This cycle could be broken if we wanted it to be.
Speaker 1: But it won't be.
Speaker 5: Because the system is working exactly the way it was designed to work. Please give Marcus A. Stapleton the biggest huh.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you for that donkey today. Yes, indeed, you won't play a game. Nope, No, not in low game?
Speaker 5: God? All right, right, I guess we'll play a game of Yes what racy?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 7: J V.
Speaker 1: Marcus A.
Speaker 5: Stapleton, thirty five years old of New Jersey, was in prison, has a lengthy criminal record, was released from prison and immediately went to go steal an ambulance, ran it into a convenience store, then ran into some state troopers. DJ envy, guess what race it is? This is not an easy one. Why do you think he's white? Lets ask me, mm, I.
Speaker 8: Don't think black people won't go back to prison once they once we are, we're not We're not trying to go back. But then again, if he had cheeks, he might have been in love with his cheek. Hem was like, I want to go back and say boom, but I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 1: I like booy.
Speaker 5: The hell was boo?
Speaker 1: But I say boo, But anybody want to go say his boot? Ain't what you said?
Speaker 5: You said something about boo, but I ain't. Never heard that locking new levels of gay every day on this radio. You'd be saying, the gay people be looking at the radio, like, what is a boo butt? What is a boo butt? Rashwan, you tell me right now, what is a boo button? Damn? That's sound like you're come with some milk found crunchy and sweet, but boot butt cereal? Right, boy, well you're wrong. Okay, the man is, he's his negro.
Speaker 1: You want to go see, oh man?
Speaker 5: Alright, they need to make these correctional facilities, actual correctional facilities.
Speaker 1: Okay, get these brothers the skills.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: It's some tools that when they get back into society they can be productive citizens. Okay, all right, but they don't get a day BT. We see them all piece b e T.
Speaker 8: Everybody else's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one five to one.
Speaker 1: Women, how do you shoot your shot?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 1: This conversation comes from two different.
Speaker 5: From all the single women up here. Hit the goddamn breakfast. It's Sim's birthday. They got Sim back there about the cry. Let me tell you all what they got Sim. They got Sim these blow up dolls, right yeah, and these blow up dolls of men, and they put pictures of all the men she like on the dolls. It's Kodak Black, Serge Baker.
Speaker 1: And burn a boy and burn a boy. That's right.
Speaker 5: And then they got her.
Speaker 1: I don't know what village this is? What village is this? Uh eddie that y'all God, they got some village of African village. They got some village on the.
Speaker 5: Continent to do a happy birthday thing this sim and they're holding up her picture and singing her Happy Birthday and all of that good stuff.
Speaker 1: So she ain't there about to cry, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He got so scared he thought was coming here in the bay.
Speaker 1: They be jumping me.
Speaker 5: Man, gotta make sure that's Taylor Tailor, show him, show him. Let's Kodak Black. So the question is, okay this sergebaka. Women, how do you shoot your shot? There was a video that went viral a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: There was a lady in the gym.
Speaker 8: She was trying to shoot her shot at a man in the gym, and she was throwing her hair back and working out next to him. He didn't shoot his shot right. Man Sukiyana allegedly tried to shoot her shot at Cameron. She jumped in the call with Cameron and played eating up and I'm eating your and he's eating my. And Cameron was like, is that a subliminal? So, ladies, how do you shoot your shot? I actually asked sim Simma, who is Today's a birthday? She said, she stands at a man three times?
Speaker 5: First of all, she's four. Yes, she got glasses. Okay, so that ain't gonna work. All right, we got to start putting things in proper context. See, you don't be talking to I be talking to the nieces the way they need to be talking to. Okay, I can't see you through your glasses. You got big prescription glasses.
Speaker 1: What's him?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Jesus gonna come in here.
Speaker 5: Without your glasses.
Speaker 2: You're gonna bump in the stuff.
Speaker 5: You keep your glasses on when you come in here, you're gonna make eye contact with these.
Speaker 1: She looked like sexy read around the eyes to the prescription glass.
Speaker 5: Come come on now, I don't even know when you're looking at me right now, sir, Happy birthday, Simi Winnen dropping the clues bombs and sim Steve.
Speaker 8: How do you shoot your shot with men? Sim get on the mic one time. I asked you earlier, how do you shoot your shot?
Speaker 1: And what do you say to me?
Speaker 6: First, I just want to say I don't have a crush on KODAKT. That was a complete joke and I want to clear that immediately.
Speaker 1: Okay. In second, you do that one on Serge Bole I introduced you to and also burna boy. I never said I had a crush on Burn. I introduced her to Sergey Bocke. She fumbled, Now you.
Speaker 6: Fumbled it, but that's not what we're talking about here. Look, he said, we have to rap.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, so just just we gotta rap.
Speaker 8: Look, okay, we'll do when we come back, because we talked about women shooting his shot, and we'll do when we come back.
Speaker 1: And don't move us to Breakast Club the morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 8: Club Morning, everybody, it's DJ en V Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 8: If you're just joining us, we're talking to women this morning, asking women how do they shoot this shot?
Speaker 1: Now, this conversation comes from all of the women here at the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: One there was a video that was went viral the of a day about this woman. She was in the gym, trying to shoot a shot with a guy in the gym and the guy paid in no mind. The other was suki Hana and Cameron, where Cameron felt like suki Hanna was kind of throwing them subliminals.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it.
Speaker 4: I ain't know if it was trying to be subliminal with me.
Speaker 12: And you know what I'm saying something sitting there driving mother, if I get if I put my blue tooth for it, I guess I was playing too much nas and and all that too, okay, So then this song comes on, she says, I mean ass. I mean there, we switched.
Speaker 5: Now his ass.
Speaker 13: It's you're trying to tell me.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something about me real quick.
Speaker 12: Let you get in the gooch that's as far as you go, and let's say the goose that's under the don't touch my ass, don't turn.
Speaker 4: Listen now, have I got my as force when I was a teenager and listen you lights wasn't up and I was now on my knees.
Speaker 8: And then when I came to work this morning, I was talking to the birthday girls from simmer and we were talking about how she shoots a shot and sim can you jump.
Speaker 2: To the mic.
Speaker 5: Sim big. I call it sim single sim single, sim single.
Speaker 1: So sim how do you shoot your shot when it comes to a gentleman?
Speaker 6: I mean, I just gave eye contact three times.
Speaker 5: You have glasses on, some big, big prescription glasses in my eyes looked like sexy.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 6: And then when I go out and I put on makeup and stuff, I don't have my glasses on.
Speaker 1: You can't even see you just quin staring the hell out the man.
Speaker 2: You're just quinting at the man the man, like, is.
Speaker 5: What is going on here?
Speaker 6: You make eye contact three times, because if you make eye contact once with somebody, that might just be an accident. Then if you look away, like if you're not interested in someone and you make eye contact once, you're gonna make sure you never lock eyes again because that's just awkward. You do twice or three times, that means come over here.
Speaker 5: You know the problem with you women, and this is coming from you wish. First of all, black men don't cheat, Jeezi says, real don't cheat.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is. Black men don't whatever it is. We don't cheat. Y'all.
Speaker 5: Ain't even take into consideration that woman in the gym.
Speaker 1: What if that man was married.
Speaker 5: What if that man was in a relationship, that's why you got your business looking at you making squinty eyes or googly eyes or whatever the hell it is you're doing. He's not he's ignoring you, correct, because he might be in a relationship. Did anybody ever think of that? Did that ever cross any of these women's minds?
Speaker 1: Or he might be gay, or he might be gay.
Speaker 24: The sense of entitlement that women have is crazy to me. That's not entitledment. Feel like eye contact with a married man film, but it's not lusty. It's just eye contact. If you're available, you can come over here. If you're married and you mind your business, you made a great choice. Okay, So what I feel like that's the most.
Speaker 1: Rings and stuff. First, before you start just looking at the map. Man, if he's on the other.
Speaker 5: Side of the you can't see that, she can't see anything you see, I'll thick her glasses off. And also I'll tell you another thing. The truth to the matter is, and y'all don't want to talk about diseaser. The Me Too movement ruined a lot of that. What you mean, because we live in a world where no men are going to shoot their shot anymore because they don't want anything to be misconscrewed. Nobody wants to be accused of sexual harassment. Nobody wants to be accused of making a woman feel uncomfortable. So if you are in a setting like the gym, if you are interested in the dude, maybe you should make the first move, ladies, and keep it simple. Walk up to a person you know, Ask them if they're in a relationship, ask them if they're available.
Speaker 1: If they are, give them your number. Are y'all exchange numbers?
Speaker 5: Don't leave it up to the man because nowadays man men is taking extra precautions.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 8: Well, you know you're having a shin date tonight for your birthday. So what you should do if you see a gentleman out there? Mercedes is coming to So y'are both single, so y'all both do this. I'm gonna let Mercedes get chose. But I'm just say, my sister, if you see somebody out there that that y'all like, y'all should, you should approach him and say hello, Hi, you doing?
Speaker 1: Mercedes is gonna stand before you because she's six foot nine.
Speaker 6: You know that's my toe, NB, I said, Mercedes is going to stand out, so she's gonna get to me in tonight for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the phone line.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 1: Hello? She does not wear size eleven?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you hey, Jessica?
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 26: So let me just get right into it the way how I shoot my shot with dudes. Person from a side notes, girls do way too much like a lot of dudes don't be having self awareness.
Speaker 11: So I just go straight for it.
Speaker 1: So I had to use.
Speaker 26: I go up to a dude that I finance hat and you know, I like, I'm picking up the keys and I'm asking him, I asking him, so are you your cues? And he looks at me and say, no, did I not my keys? And I'm like, okay, perfect, Now I have a reason to speak to you. Then he smiles, and then I come from her smiles and you're going from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So you woke up to a man and you kick a little joke.
Speaker 5: This is her making the first move. This is what I think women should do in twenty twenty three. Women should make the first move. All right, Well, let me let me go to another line.
Speaker 1: Let's say, uh, collect Hello, who's this? I think it's Collect.
Speaker 11: Collect.
Speaker 7: My name is Collect.
Speaker 1: Okay, Collect. How do you shoot your shot with a do?
Speaker 7: Well? I don't shoot my shot with dudes. I date women.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, Well w NBA exists too, Man, shoot your shot.
Speaker 7: It's really not shooting my shot per se. Because I'm a I need an deep emotional connection and it's got to be intellectual. And most women are in the in the head anyway.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: It's for the men, it's in the penis.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 14: So usually huh so what do you do?
Speaker 2: How do you do it?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 7: Usually it's just getting to know them. And usually they're ready a lot soon before I am. But I just, you know, and sometimes it just comes over with me and I look at the person. I'm like, okay, I'm in love with you now.
Speaker 5: You know, person, I'm in love with you now.
Speaker 7: After knowing them for a long period.
Speaker 5: Of time, I am about to say that's toxic as hell.
Speaker 7: No, No, what I'm saying is, I'm going to have the relationship first, but I need a deep emotional connection. So after having a long relationship with them, Platonics also say, okay, I'm in love with you.
Speaker 5: We understand everything you say in queen, but I'm talking about before we get to that, you got to know what the what's the first initial?
Speaker 1: Well, collect, you can start. You can use the word study.
Speaker 5: No, you cant.
Speaker 9: No, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't mail identify. I have a very masculine presentation and I have always had that.
Speaker 5: I just want to know how to shoot your shot. Man, she said, she comes on masculine.
Speaker 1: She says, she comes off as a mask.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me try to explain this. When you first meet a person, correct, you're in the club, Yes.
Speaker 1: How do you do you get it?
Speaker 7: Usually it's gonna be a physical attraction at first, and you know I usually shoot my shot with humor because person love humor.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't talk to you and you tell me what you take it? Too much?
Speaker 12: Shot?
Speaker 6: That's right, I.
Speaker 7: Don't talk to dude.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: Let her you single at the moment?
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, thank you mama.
Speaker 8: No, I mean because it's you just ask how you shoot the shot, and she's gonna tell you thirteen thousand things to do, but nothing to shoot a shot.
Speaker 5: No, she probably got a d D. She sounded like that little boy you showed me on that that me and yesterday the little boy, all he asked him was he want banana, the chocolate. He just start talking about all kind of stuff. That's what she sounded like to me. Just all right, Well eight hundred and five eight five one oh five. Well, we're just asking women, how do you shoot your shot?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss. This's the Breakfast Clogan morning. It's topic time.
Speaker 3: Called eight hundred and five five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club talk about it.
Speaker 8: Wanting everybody is DJ Envy and Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club nephew just joining us.
Speaker 1: We're asking women how do they shoot this shot?
Speaker 8: This conversation comes from a viral video I seen on social media yesterday. A woman was in the gym trying to shoot a shot with a guy she was working out with and he paid her no mind. And then Sukiyana she said this when she was in the car with Cameron, and Cameron kind of feels like it.
Speaker 4: Was a subliminal Ain't no, she was trying to be subliminal with me.
Speaker 12: And you know what I'm saying something sitting in Java, your mom, if I get if I put my bluetooth for I guess I was playing too.
Speaker 4: Much nas and and all that too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so then this song comes on, she says, I mean ass, I mean there we switched now his ass.
Speaker 4: That's not are you trying to tell me?
Speaker 1: So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one women, how do.
Speaker 8: You shoot your shot? We got Sajada on it. That is that your name Sajata? Yeah, name Sajata. How do you shoot your shot?
Speaker 10: Mama?
Speaker 7: So I don't shoot my shot.
Speaker 27: I'm a girl girl, and the guys just to shoot their shot because I don't chase.
Speaker 11: I'm catched you.
Speaker 1: She doesn't chase, she's to catch.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But you know, a lot of men don't feel comfortable, you know, making the first move nowadays, because you know, we live in this world you know where where, you know, especially with the me too moving and things of that nature. Like you know, nobody wants to be accused of sexual harassment. Nobody wants to be accused of making a woman feel uncomfortable. So a lot of guys are just minding their business.
Speaker 27: No, I mean, you know, there's nothing wrong with approaching the female, just having a conversation with your name and how's your day going. And she talks and she's open to letting you shoot your shot.
Speaker 8: It's not going so Jada, say you see a gentleman somewhere wherever you go. Let's say it's a hookah spot or restaurant. Let's say it's a gym. You see a handsome young man, you're attracted to him, and you you want to holler. So you're not gonna You're not gonna holler at all. If he doesn't holler at you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Let him go.
Speaker 27: I'm not looking his way. But if he don't catch the eye, then he just missed his shot.
Speaker 1: Give him an eye. Yeah, okay, all right, well, thank you.
Speaker 27: To no problem, and I got one shoot, y'all. If someone is an upcoming artist, very talented, do you have any adventure though?
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep God first, stay humble, and keep working.
Speaker 1: That's all you can do.
Speaker 5: Like, keep God first, stay humble, keep working.
Speaker 1: Yes, good morning where you call it from Jersey? Jersey?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Now, now, how do Jersey women shoot the shot? When it comes to men? What comes to anybody?
Speaker 7: When it comes to me?
Speaker 27: If I see somebody I'm interested in the words at a restaurant, I'm gonna send them a shot and give them a store and give them a look.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna send them some liquor, yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Okay, I see.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like any woman making the first move. I feel like nowadays women should make the first move because that keeps, you know, everything that keeps, that keeps things not being that keeps things from being misconscrewed. I think I said that right, That keeps situations from being miscontrued when the woman makes the first move.
Speaker 1: Hey, t Hey, good morning tea. Do you shoot your shot? When it comes to man, how do you shoot your shot?
Speaker 5: I just smile, you know, and then I'm just straightforward, you know, ask with this single but I'm not.
Speaker 11: Going to ask, like off the first loose.
Speaker 9: You know, for a couple of days or.
Speaker 7: Even maybe a couple of weeks off smile, you know, and then coming to.
Speaker 8: So let's say you speak this gentleman in the club. So it might not be a second day. This is gonna be the only time you see this gentleman. How are you gonna shoot your shot?
Speaker 5: Mama?
Speaker 7: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just asking how are you doing?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 1: Straight up.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 5: There's no need to complicate any of this.
Speaker 1: I am with you. Women. Go ahead and make the first move. It's not hard.
Speaker 5: Find out if the guy's single, find out if he's not in a relationship, give them your number, exchange numbers, going about your day.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's that?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 15: Right, this is Crystal.
Speaker 5: A four three weeks out here? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Are you shooting your shot? Crystal?
Speaker 15: I think that the way that I shoot is just like giving a guy a smile, maybe a little wing, you know. I think that should be enough to let you know you're interested and you want to come concident. Because I was always taught to never looks too thirsty for me.
Speaker 5: I don't mind the smile in the wink.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: See, this is dope. This is we're getting back.
Speaker 1: The old school ways of doing things. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You let the woman make the first move. A nice little smile, a nice little wink. I don't even got a problem with the woman walking up, like, yo, let me get your number. You single, you're in a relationship, Okay, let's just change numbers. Yeah, that's my moral. The moral of the story is make the first move. Tell people how you feel. Stop being so scared of rejection, Stop feeling someone go through thoughts that aren't even yours, and stop wasting your damn time. All right, But when we come back and got your room and reports, it don't move. It's the breakfast club, the moving, the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ NV Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 1: Let's talk. I shot.
Speaker 2: Or you gossip when you chatting?
Speaker 5: Is the I mean?
Speaker 1: I guess we on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells right right all right now us. She was recently doing an interview with our friend Carolina bermude dropping a blue.
Speaker 5: Bombs for Carolina Bermuda is gonna eat iHeart radios on Carolina Bermudez.
Speaker 1: And once she was doing an interview, she asked Usha about the R and B Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of.
Speaker 16: Talks circulating right now about the Mount Rushmore of R and B, which you are clearly on it.
Speaker 9: But who would be on your Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 28: Ooh, I get to put myself up there. Ronnie Gay is going to be up there, Michael's going to be up there. No Prince is going to be up there. You know. I put a few incredible female vocalists like Whitney Houston up there that doesn't have to necessarily just be men.
Speaker 9: So I want to talk about your Las Vegas show.
Speaker 18: It's a magnet, you know.
Speaker 28: I think that Las Vegas has always been a place where, you know, you go to, you know one have fun, but more than anything, you go to.
Speaker 5: Celebrate well dropping the clues bomb of Carolina bermude As again. Want to tell E y'all need to be offering Caroline in the Max contract. She does a phenomenal job on e phenomenal job. And I was thinking about this Mount Rushmore of R and B thing yesterday, right, I don't know if Michael Jackson and Prince should be on the Mount Rushmore of.
Speaker 2: R and B.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson could. Michael Jackson's done R and B projects, R.
Speaker 5: And B hits, but they kind of like their own genres, right, They incorporate so many different styles of music, like Off the Wall to me is definitely an R and b's R and B. I guess thriller thriller has certain elements of an R and B, but what you called thriller an R and B record, No, that's what I'm saying, like, I don't I don't know. It's R and B song after Off the Wall Michaels. You know, he's kind of all over the place as far as genre is concerned. Prince is always incorporated. I want the Prince, Prince's R and B Princess.
Speaker 2: Pot like it was a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would put Mary J.
Speaker 5: Bla oh one hundred perlide is on my Mount Rushmore. Of R and B, my Mount Rushmore, it's only four.
Speaker 1: Right four. I would have lou for Vandra, Luthor User, Marvin Gaye, and Mary J. Blige.
Speaker 5: That would be my four Mount Rushmore as of R and B. That's just my personal opinion, mhm, and I know objectively people would say, Hey, Kelly should be on the Mount Rushmore of R and B. I can't put R Kelly over the people I just named. I just can't just talk to straight music. Luther Usher, Marvin and Mary J. Those four got records I can't live without. I can take the leave with a lot of the Kelly records. Personally, I would do Mary Michael Usher last one.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know Michael is fair. I think Michael, Michael impresson need their own monument somewhere. I don't know if you put them on a just a R and B Mount Rushmore, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He could be on a bunch of different moments.
Speaker 5: I would like to hear more of this conversation. I would love to hear you know a Tank discuss this on the R and B Money podcast. Get shout to the brother tech now, I really would now, Also, Valentine, I'd love to hear him discuss this on the R and B Money podcast now.
Speaker 8: Also, Jamie Fox is reportedly ready to have a baby with his girlfriend, and they believe he will probably propose for the holiday season.
Speaker 2: God damn you right, But.
Speaker 5: I forget one of our producers, chext Us Stevie wonder, Oh Stevie got, Stevie got Come on, see Stevie is another one who needs his own monument. That's what I'm saying. Like my Rushmore, R and B too hard, I don't even want that problem. I don't even want that problem. Even trying to figure that out, I can't even believe I didn't even think of Steve. STEVEE should have been top of the mind. You know, put Steve, but I put Stevie in that same category of m J and Prince. Only differences. Stevie makes R and B.
Speaker 1: Stevie makes Stevie the R and B R B.
Speaker 5: Yes he's the guy. Yes he's the god. He's a god. There ain't none of them better than Stevie, none of it, none of them.
Speaker 1: That's why I said I would do Stevie, Mary, Michael, and Usher. That would be mine.
Speaker 5: I can't put Up, I can't put Michael. It's just tough, all right.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you about Jamie Fox. You act like you didn't care.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 8: Also, Nelly, a fan told Nelly when when uh Ashanti gave her gave him impoler for his birthday and said get her pregnant Nelly tonight, and he says, I'm on it.
Speaker 1: So here goes Jamie Fox a baby. She's like Nelly trying to have a baby.
Speaker 5: I want a clue bombs from black love Nellie in Ashanti. I'm all for them having beautiful black babies. Let's go Nelly in Ashanti. I would love to see them getting married, have beautiful black babies.
Speaker 1: Get in here, me, said Jamie Fox. What happened forget it now, I said.
Speaker 8: Jamie Fox said he's ready to have a baby and will probably be prosed over the Holly who Alice huckstep.
Speaker 1: Let me google, Oh boy, let me a l y c E Huck h u c K s t E p p.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, h u c K s t e p P me and doctor umart on a proof. Oh my goodness, I'm just googled. Me and doctor Omar do not approve.
Speaker 2: I hate you.
Speaker 8: And lastly, you know, you know the other day we reported the story about Brandy and ray J and ray J having to rush his mom to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Well, ray J's mom son, youa know what she actually spoke out.
Speaker 8: She says, I don't usually address stories about my but I was quite surprised to wake up to a call from my longtime friend and publicist asking, Sonya, are you in the hospital? Are you okay? I said, what where is this coming from? She said there was a TMZ story that I was not aware of. She sent the link and when I looked at it, I frowned and said that was weeks ago. They could have at least gotten my age right then, the floodgates of concerns just took over my phone and everybody started calling. She says, I'm not in the hospital. I'm doing great. I did have a negative reaction to a vitamin therapy weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It was not a big deal.
Speaker 8: I went to the hospital and got a big grade A on my medical report. She said, she's doing fine.
Speaker 5: Y'all gonna get enough of putting all the black women's business on social media.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tyrese made this mistake with Kim Barell. Now Reje making this mistake with his mother.
Speaker 5: Y'all better send y'all thoughts and prayers directly to them when they in these situations and stop going to social media with it.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, and that is your room or report. And I also want to.
Speaker 5: Say to salute to my good brother Andrew schultz Man, my friend, my business partner, my partner on the Brilliant of his podcast. He announced yesterday that he was bringing his The Life Tour the Madison Square Garden on May fourth. Tickets went on sale at nine am yesterday and sold out within ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow for dropping the clues.
Speaker 5: Bombs from Andrews show sold out the garden in ninety minutes. You got a pardon a for selling out the garden in a day, so he announced the second show and those tickets going on.
Speaker 1: Sale today at nine am, right now, right now.
Speaker 5: The tickets going on sale right now for the second show of the Life Tour Andrew Sholtz at Madison Square Garden first sold out in ninety minutes. So go get those tickets for the second show right now.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll get to People's Choice mixed, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ env Charlamagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club. I just want to salute to New York City one time. Yesterday they announced that the Breakfast Club in the last couple of months have been number one in New York and I just want to say salute to everybody that listens to the Breakfast Club each and every morning.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, be thankful for you, and thank you. Thank you man.
Speaker 5: Gratitude is always our attitude. We were number one eighteen to forty nine in the month of September and number one eighteen to thirty.
Speaker 1: Four in the month of October.
Speaker 5: Correct, So you know we're going to celebrate that because everybody flips the Christmas music next week, that's right, So we will not be number one.
Speaker 1: Okay, they will be Christmas music. I think they might. I think they flipped Christma music over.
Speaker 5: Next week, next week, next week, next week, a lot of the stations start flipping the Christmas music.
Speaker 1: I think the light FM's of the world.
Speaker 5: And you know, for everybody that's not listening to us in New York, they don't even know what the hell were talking about. But you will know because even in your local markets, you're going to start hearing all the stationes flip the Christmas music.
Speaker 8: And I'm sure you're already seeing in the department store already. I've been seeing Christmas trees, lights and all types of things before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: But yes, so the moraland story is our job is done for the year. There's no need for us to be on the radio anymore for the rest of the year. But we will be here, that's right, you know. But thank you all for making us number one eighteen to forty nine Extept. Timber in eighteen and thirty four in October.
Speaker 1: That is right, all right? When we come back, positive notice to Breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody. You'r j Envy Charlomagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have a Scenaria on a line.
Speaker 5: Sonaria, Hello, good morning, scenario.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 5: I am blessed black and Holly favored. This is Charlamagne to God, DJ envous here the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 5: I'm calling you because we got your letter, all right, and we see everything that's going on with you. Sorry about your mom, but you know, I salute you for stepping up to the plate and holding it down for your seventeen year old brother who's dealing who's autistic.
Speaker 2: Thank you, that's right.
Speaker 5: And we got your lists and we saw everything that you know you want, so we're gonna take care of it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take care of it.
Speaker 5: Snaria, We're gonna take care of everything on your Amazon wishless. We appreciate you too, because I see that you are Uber each driver and Amazon driver man, and you know, we salute you for your service man. Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. And it is a privilege and honor to be able to do this for you. Okay much, all right, sonight, it's salute our friends at Amazon. You can still upload your Amazon holiday wish list right now at Breakfast Club online dot com.
Speaker 1: And we got another brother on the line. Quan's on the line, Kwan Yo.
Speaker 5: Quan Washington. Yeah, it's Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: What's up, King?
Speaker 5: How you doing, brother?
Speaker 11: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: You got a very black name.
Speaker 1: I know it's been hard for you to get an apartment.
Speaker 5: Kwan Washington, Yeah, yeah, true. First of all, Man, I want to send you healing energy and send you condolences.
Speaker 1: Man. I know you just recently lost your mom to cancel.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's been hard every day.
Speaker 5: I'm sending you condolences, brother, healing energy for sure appreciation.
Speaker 1: But you know you're keeping.
Speaker 2: Your head up.
Speaker 1: You're doing what you gotta do.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 5: And we got your list and we saw that. You know, you have a lot of furniture and toys for your daughter on your wish list. So I'm just calling you, Quan to let you know our brother, we're gonna handle that for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 11: That's a blessing.
Speaker 5: The Breakfast Club in Amazon, we're gonna handle that for you, man. So you you enjoy your holidays. My brothers saluting you man, and you keep you keep God first, you stay work, you stay humble, and you keep working.
Speaker 1: Okay, for sure, for sure?
Speaker 5: All right, my brother, wishing you all a wonderful holiday season. Salute our friends at Amazon. You can still upload your Amazon Holiday wish list right now at breakfast Club online dot com. I really really appreciate Amazon for doing this. I really, cause you know, we do change for change every year, and I you know, that's what I You know how they say that you ever heard that saying when people see you pushing the car, they'll get out and they'll stop and help you. Yep, that's what this is. That's we've been doing change for change the last few years man. And Amazon decided that, you know, they saw us pushing the car, so they decided to help us this year.
Speaker 1: So thank you Amazon. That's what it is. Again.
Speaker 8: You can hit the website Breakfast Club online dot com if you want to put your holiday wishless.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we got a posit you.
Speaker 8: Notice the Breakfast Club warning everybody, it's DJ NV Charlamagne to God, y'all to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We got a sleut Doug Melville for joining us this morning.
Speaker 5: Man, salutor my guy, Doug Melville, make sure you go out there and get Invisible Generals.
Speaker 1: Invisible Generals is the.
Speaker 5: Latest release off my book in print Black Privileged Publishing with Simon and Schuster. It tells the amazing true story of America's first Black generals, Benjamin o' david Senior and Jr. A father and son who helped integrate the American military and created the Tuskegee Airman. Man, if you're a fan of hidden figures or devotion, you will love, love, love, love, love love this story. Man, So Sleuthor, my God, Doug Melville, make sure you go out there and purchase that whatever you buy books and hold on real quick tomorrow. Hold let me tell y'all this real quick. Tomorrow, me and Doug Melville will be at the Barnes in Noble Let me find it?
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 5: Yes, we will be at the Barnes in Noble and Tribeca ninety seven Warren Street, Okay, six o'clock the seven thirty pm having a conversation. Doug Melville will be doing a books and so tomorrow six pm I'll be doing a one on one conversation with Doug Melville and he'll be signing copies of his book in Visible General. So we'll see you tomorrow in Tribeca at the Barnes and Nobles from six to eight pm. All right, okay, all right, you got a positive note, yes, man, gratitude. Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity. It must be producing, discharged, and used up in order to exist at all. And the reason I have so much gratitude for life and the reason I have so much humility about life is I will forever remain humble because I know I could have less, and I will always be grateful because I know I've had less. So thank you God, Breakfast Club Bites, do y'a finish for y'all.
Speaker 2: Done,