Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, So don't given them all bust Yeah, listening to to.
Speaker 4: I don't joy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joy, you know you.
Speaker 6: Love?
Speaker 7: You gotta turn.
Speaker 8: I can't.
Speaker 3: Go to turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn the mouth the.
Speaker 4: Turn out, turn the water of the mono.
Speaker 6: Look, come.
Speaker 2: Come out, you think, Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You are listening to his voice. Come on, dig me now, one and only. Steve Harvey got a radio show. Uh huh, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Yeah. Man, oh boy boy boy man. God has been good to me. I can't even I can't even put it into words, man, But I try, though, I try, I try, I try. God does things for me just right on time. He's so cool with it. And I happened to run across Joel Oldstein on television like I often do all the time, and I was sitting there and he had such a timely message for me. A part of it was something that I've said oftentimes about if you really really want to be successful, if you really really want to change, if you really really want to prosper, if you really really want to achieve greatness, if you really really want to have something in life that's worth having, if you really really want to accomplish your goals, you got to push through all of it. He said that when you get closer to it, the more difficult it becomes. Did you hear me? He said, the closer you get to what it is you want or you need, or you have to have or you would love to be, it gets a little bit more difficult when you get closer. He told this story that's in the Bible that I'd never heard before. This is what he said. He said, there was a man who was paralyzed, and he had heard that Jesus was speaking at a house, and so he wanted to get there. So he convinced four of his friends to put him on a stretcher and carry him for hours to get to this house where Jesus was speaking. He said that along the way, these friends said that they went along because he had so much faith that if he could just get to him, it could be better that he could if he could just get over there and he could see him, that he might have a shot at getting here. And so he said they took out along the way, and they walked and they walked and they walked for hours. And then when they got there, the house was completely filled with people. That was absolutely it was packed wall to wall. There was absolutely no way for the men to get him on that stretcher in to see Jesus. This is a story that uh Joe Losting said is in the Bible, and he was telling it now. I'm just repeating the parts of it I gathered. And so he said. They sat there and they went, wow, man, we walked all this weight and it's full, and and and and and and and we can't get there, he said. And then the guy with the affliction told the four men, if you get up on the roof and cut a hole in it and lower me down, I bet I could see him then, and I bet it to be all right now. He then said, you must imagined how these four men must have felt when you carry somebody for hours on on on on on on on the way. They had to carry some cloth connected by a couple of sticks, said the me and shoulders had to be bruised, had to have deep gouges, and them not cuts, but just indentations where they had carried the weight of this grown man for so many hours, and they looked at him in disbelief, like, man, what are you talking about? We done walked all this far. He said, yeah, but if you get up on that roof and you cut a hole in it and lower me down, I can see him and when he see me, it'll be all right. After sitting there and imploring the men, they went up and did just that, And then the story that Joe Los Dean said, the man was healed. But the point he was making was he was saying that the closer you get to what it is you really want, the more difficult it's going to become. But you've got to push through. See, if you don't push through, you never know. See, you can't get right to the answer. And because it gets really difficult, started creating those little saying that we got as people. Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I guess it in the Lord's will. Now, man, I guess you should not give up right now. I guess you should keep pressing. I guess you should do more, because see, in all of us, in all of us, when you've had enough, I want you to know something. You do have a little bit more in all of us. You can do one more. You know. That's one of my favorite things that I heard Joel Oldstein said, and it kind of made me feel good. He said, I always feel like I can do one more anything, and I tell my friends all the time, I can do one more man, I could do one more day. I can do one more anything. Now Here was the jewel that I never really knew that Joel Oldstein and God sent to me I needed to hear. He said that no matter what you're going through, no matter how long the challenge is you've been facing, God has an end date for it all. Did you hear me? No matter what you're going through, no matter what challenge you're facing, no matter what situation you've gotten yourself into, God has an ending date. All you got to do is keep pressing forward. All you got to do is hang in there. All you got to do is don't give up. All you have to do is don't turn back. There is an end date for all of it, even when you think you've had enough. And boy, have I had this conversation with God on several things that I've been going through, and I've even told him, look, I got it. Man, he said, just keep hanging on. There is an end date to whatever it is you're going through. There's an end date to your illness, your sickness, your tired of being tired, as an end date to this relationship that you can't seem to get through, beyond over that's like a cancer to you. There's an end date. But you've got to hang in there. You've got to keep pushing forward. You cannot turn around. You must not go back, because when God gets you through this and you break through to the other side, the reward and the benefit is far greater than the struggle. I oftentimes look at some of the things that God has brought me through in my worst times, and when he brought me through, I went, wow, Man, now that I understand that, Now that I'm on the other side and I have the benefit of the reward for it, would you do it all again to get that? Yes, I would show ladies and gentlemen. I needed attention. I don't know when it kicked in that I needed everybody's attention. It wasn't as a little boy because I was too bashful. I was, but once I got out of that, you know, I'm tupac all eyes on me. What here I am? Let's go pop? Yeah, you know, I can't quote too many people. I'll be hearing people do hip hop debates all the time, which will lead us probably to a hip hop quiz this morning because I just wanted to say something about myself. I stunned the nation with our last hip hop quiz because I don't you know, I mean, I got all of them right. I don't even know how I did it. I don't even know where it comes from. I am not the one to know much of anything about hip hop. I've grown to respect the genre of music as one of the greatest genres of creative creating more millionaires jobs for us as the people, and has swept the world and is now global music genre, the biggest of of all of them right now. But with that said, I am still a soul man in my heart, and nothing stirs me like soul music. This is Steve Harvey Martin Shaw. Why did I go on that tangent? I don't know, because I don't know. Sharlie Strawberry calling for real, a Mississippi Monica Junior, a government named kill Space. We're trying to get him to call his whole name Killer One, Killer one and the legend that is nephew Tommy Junior.
Speaker 9: You know, unc let me ask you about that because you know, like you know your soul man to your heart.
Speaker 10: But how did you get to know all of this hip hop?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 10: Where was you at? How did did you listen? Is it at hip hop?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 10: He got all them right?
Speaker 2: You get quiet heard saying he got all of them right? I mean, what what was you doing? I got all I'm right, y'all. Was trying to get me to praising him Junior? About him? Who I know? I know a man who begs for praising, worship everything because I'm from praise one day this month, audacity or you know, I just think it's from just exposure. I think I'm I've been in radio, you know, I'm around a lot of artists, and I hear stuff. I hear them. You know, all my kids is hip hop. My kids don't know nothing else. Broderick, my oldest son, he know all old school music. That's that's he know it. Like he played the music from me in my dressing room and all like that. He picked a song. So, but all the rest of my kids are straight hip hop. They get mad when I walk in the room and say cut it off.
Speaker 4: You know, dad, what I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, cut it off because it's too loud. And I heard what he just said too.
Speaker 11: But when you played, brother, you got that loud.
Speaker 4: Earth the winning fire.
Speaker 12: I can't nobody turn that down?
Speaker 2: But not youn't. You don't pay for nothing in here in the room. I walked in and asked you to turn it down. Paying for that too. Payments, payments has privileges. All right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Steve, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew. Is he runs that prank back right after this?
Speaker 13: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. Nephew, What you got for us today?
Speaker 6: Ad you not?
Speaker 2: Line?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Church bought me this glove so that I mean feeling power. The title is God is not through with you yet, but we are that dog.
Speaker 11: If you would.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach our sister Takara. This is brother Brinkley from the church. How you doing? Oh?
Speaker 15: Hey, how is it's I'm at work? Can I call you back?
Speaker 6: Well? This is this is kind of urgent. I'll call your your house phone, and I didn't get an answer, and I had this other number on file, so I wanted to reach out to you. But what I won't take long. But it really is a hurt, all right, that urgent matter? If you don't matter, all right, hold.
Speaker 15: On, hold on, let me let me step away from my tuber.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 15: Hello, Brinkley, speak to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, we have a bit of a problem here and we're gonna try to We're trying to clean up a lot of things here at the church. You know, I hate to be the one to bring and you some bad news. Let me just start by by saying that God might not be through with you, but we are here at the church. It has been brought to our attention, Sister Carr that you guys are halfway coming to church, and you you you might come once once out of a month. You're not tithing as we expected. You know, the church can't really depend on you. It's you you got you know, you bring your kids. I think your brother comes to the church, but everybody is coming every now and then. We cannot depend on you all to be the members and have the expectation of what we're trying to do what you say.
Speaker 16: You say your name is.
Speaker 15: Yes, and you work, you work under the I'm sorry, I've never heard of you before.
Speaker 6: I have been officiated by the pastor as I'm over actually over the finance and we're going through all of the books and looking at all of the numbers of the of the members of the church, the directory, and we're noticing what people are paying tied, what people aren't paying tied, who's coming to church, who's participating in different and different uh ministries, and whatnot. And Sister Takar, I got I have to be honest with you. You you the hell maybe once every one of someone we might see you might not see you, you know, and like I said, God may not be through with you, but we are.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 15: You can't say that. Listen, Why I don't understand, like, are y'all monitoring my my my church going like I can't I have to go every single week.
Speaker 6: I mean, why are you absent so much at the church? Explain that?
Speaker 15: I mean, I have three kids, you know, I mean I have y'all. Sometimes I don't, I mean, I still pray. I don't understand how a church can.
Speaker 6: Are you got two jobs but we're not getting tied. It's like you got two jobs. You're not tired, and like you got two jobs.
Speaker 15: Because I can't afford you just you just said.
Speaker 6: I got two jobs, That's what you just said.
Speaker 15: And that those two jobs are in support my kids. I mean, I can't support the church and my kids is the same term I can't vote. I mean, I get when I can.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you something. What are you making on that other job?
Speaker 15: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Are you really?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 15: You really?
Speaker 17: I didn't know what the church?
Speaker 15: God is this deepuent? You're really asking me how much I make and my second job did I take to support my kids?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 15: Did this gotta be something?
Speaker 6: This is I'm gonna say this to you again. God may not be through with you, but we are. If you are gonna pay your tides, If you're not gonna come to work on a consistent basis, then what what do you benefit? The church?
Speaker 15: Is that what the church is about? This can't be.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say that. I'm gonna say this to you. You let me tell you what the church is all about the church is.
Speaker 15: And you say we done with you again?
Speaker 16: One more time? I'm serious.
Speaker 6: No, I'm gonna tell you this you're talking about, is that what the church is about? Let me tell you what the church is. The church is a hospital for crippled souls. You understand that that's what That's what the church is. But when when we have souls that are coming in to be saved, we are doing our job. And guess what those people that are coming in, you know what they're doing. They're tithing. That's what they're doing. They're tithing. You, sister Takara, I'm sure your soul is crippled. You're not coming and you're not tithing. You may give us a little some something when you show up if you show up. Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 15: Okay? Let me get what is straights? Is what you called me for in the middle of my work day to tell me that you're kicking me out the church because I don't give it enough money to the church while I'm at my job that I can very afford to pay my bills with.
Speaker 9: Cause that a fact, I.
Speaker 16: Don't even know who you are.
Speaker 15: I've never met you in my life, and I don't know what this church you know?
Speaker 16: This church.
Speaker 15: I hate to say it, but if that's what the church is about you had the nerve to call me.
Speaker 6: Okay, now let me say something. Now you being very Unchristian like, now does the card you're gonna watch it done in your language?
Speaker 15: In this is not Christian like?
Speaker 6: Well do you do? You know brother Dwyane? Isn't that your brother?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 6: And my brother Dwyane is who told me to call you?
Speaker 15: Really?
Speaker 6: My brother?
Speaker 15: So what?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 15: What is just about?
Speaker 6: Hum? Whatever?
Speaker 15: I don't know. What is your name?
Speaker 6: My name is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your brother Dwayne got me the brank phone call you.
Speaker 15: No mo sho, Oh my gosh, he's about to get me bye for this job. I'm in the lobby screaming up than you're looking at me.
Speaker 6: Oh mysh, you are right. You tell me what's up?
Speaker 15: No, no, no, oh my god, oh my gosh.
Speaker 16: My heart is racing.
Speaker 6: Tell me that the car. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey too, all right, thank you, nephew coming up next? And is ask the clo our chief love Officer Steve Harvey is in the building.
Speaker 13: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour and entertainment news as Patrick Dempsey is People Magazine's twenty twenty three Sexiest Man. Alive yusy, yeah yeah, doctor dreamy. Sag actors strike has ended in Hollywood and they are back to work from me from usse plus still trending. I might forgive, but I don't forget. Conversation between Nee Long and Jeezy Jesus said, real men don't cheat. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo This is from Carrie in Thousand Oaks.
Speaker 4: Carry right.
Speaker 1: I saw a few leaves and rose petals on the floorboard of my husband's car. He said that Tim. Tim must have had them stuck on a shoe when he picked him up. I called Tim right in front of him, and he was clueless. I assume my husband bought flowers and he's cheating on me. Why won't he prove me wrong?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 2: Too, don't understand. Why won't he prove you wrong?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: What does he have to prove to you? Okay? She found rose petals where.
Speaker 1: On the floorboard of her husband's car.
Speaker 2: On the floorboard of his car. Rose petals, yeah, how and his dad and some leaves? Because how do that say cheating?
Speaker 1: Because her husband lied about how the rose petals got there.
Speaker 2: Probably when Tim was getting in the car, they was on his foot. Tim ain't know what he was talking about because Tim wasn't paying attention to what the stuff was on his foot. I deal with Tim when I see his ass right now. Yeah, yeah, well, mister clueless got a problem when I see his ass, know that. Yeah, I deal with Tim when I see him. And she gonna call him right in front of her, But how can she prove him wrong? See the the thing that she got is she's trying to get her husband to disprove her theory when all he got to do is stay clueless to the theory. Baby, I ain't seen no rose peddl I don't know how they got that. Somebody could have been could have been getting in the truck next to me, and and and leaves blew up on that they leaves? And what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Why didn't he say that at first? Why did he have to throw Tim in there?
Speaker 2: He said, maybe Tim when he was getting in the truck.
Speaker 1: You don't know Tim, Tim must have done it.
Speaker 2: See you know what, Shirley, People like this lady in the letter. You don't want to believe your man. You don't want no relationship. Just gone split up, gone split up, over the leaves and the rolls. Gonna throw your family, got home, throw your family out the window. Go ahead, just go over your whole family. Yes, I deal with till when I see his ass. Hey, Till, what's up?
Speaker 1: Don't with your wife right now?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Come on, Colo, Lloyd and Ackward says, my six year old son went to a Halloween party at his classmate's house and I was totally against it, but his mom let him go. He's been having nightmare since then because the dad chased the kids with the chainsaw. Would I be wrong to go chase the man with a real chainsaw so he'll he'll be traumatized? Like my boy?
Speaker 2: Wow, Well, I don't think you need to go over that man's house. Boy don't know, Yeah, I got he scared the boy and the boy you know, yep, that was stupid, but you know he traumatized. He can't go to sleep now. I think he called a man and address it, but it's too late. It's too late now here's the other kicker though. Every time he get up hollering, that's mama job now, because you don't want to let his ass go down there, because I told you so. Now, since he up all night crying, you get up and sit with him. You the mama, and you the reason he down there. Now, brother, you got to be careful going over this man's house because he didn't just chase your boy with the Chaine saw. He chased a lot of kids with the change.
Speaker 11: Saw crazy this Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't take a six year old to the to the haunted house. That ain't a six year old wearing costume and go trick or treaty. You don't take six year old to the haunted house.
Speaker 1: What was his classmate?
Speaker 2: It was another six year old classmate.
Speaker 1: He went to schoolmates Halloween Park.
Speaker 12: But I'm saying, though, I think what you don't know the people though, it's what you're saying to dance.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Know that's what they're gonna do that. But I'm just saying the stupid parents that throws a traumatizer to scaredy kids. Yeah, six child's don't do good with scale because they cried, Yeah, it's a sick I ain't going to that house, but I'm gonna find him by because I know if I go to that house then he may put that chains on me. Now we both up at night, so but I wish I get him by itself somewhere. So you thought I'm gonna let him run me through the house with chains. Now I can't sleep.
Speaker 11: But if I get him out.
Speaker 2: For well, you're being ups for a different reason because you gonna have to stand up because he's gonna cut your ass off with this.
Speaker 1: To Raheema and Savannah, Rahiema writes, my husband emptied his pockets when he got home, and I saw a cherry chapstick on the dresser. I asked him about it, and he said his coworker got it for him because his lips were Should I go see why my husband's lips bother her?
Speaker 2: What man, y'all ain't got y'all, y'all need to quit going down here talking to these other people. So other people didn't take no WED advisus. You got to talk to the person that said the viws with you. She brought him the cherry chapstick because she cared about the way his lips. Look, now, your real problem is why is the husband so close to where his lips matter. That's your damn problem. So you're going down there to see about this woman. Your problem is your husband. It ain't the woman. She did not walk down the aisle and say no, vows to you nothing. You have to dress your chapstick with him. Y'all could talking about going down there seeing these people. Stupid Tommy gonna go over this man's house. Y'all down and told you you can't go over these people house. Man, they got rights. It's called stand your ground. As soon as you come over their house, they can open fire on your ass because they feel like their life was threatening. You know, Tommy went over the Tommy gonna go over there. Tool whooped the man. This is his baby because of the baby. Okay, my boy, They baby gonna be a lot of stuffs. The baby gonna be scared a bunch of times.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: But then when your daddy is scared of lightning, that you understand.
Speaker 11: Hey, hey, hey, and so.
Speaker 1: The ladies shouldn't go down to her husband's job to find out why the husband job.
Speaker 2: You did to talk to your husband about this chapstick You're gonna go in there and run up on that woman, and then then when you leave, you gonna need chapstick, gonna brush you in your mouth. I'm keeping running up on these people.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, Celo.
Speaker 10: We gotta go.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive twenty twenty three is actor Patrick Dempsey, former star of Gray's Anatomy. Patrick, of course, played the role of neurosurgeon Derek McDreamy for years, and he is happy to be named People's Sexiest Man Alive. At this point in his life, He's fifty seven years old. The list also includes sexiest athlete. Guess who that is, none other than Travis Kelsey, Taylor Swift's man, sexy as musician Harry Styles, Yes, sexiest morning show host. Now before you get up set Steve talking about TV right here, Mark Consuelos sexy as Grandpa is Pierce Brosnan and sexy. It's funny guy, sexiest funny guy. Who do you think you know?
Speaker 2: It ain't talking? He's got Steve. Don't you say nothing either?
Speaker 1: It's Trevor Noah, Trevor Noah. Ok yeah, sexy at funny guy.
Speaker 12: We need to do over on that list because Jalen Hurts is sexyes okay, that.
Speaker 1: Athlete and in other entertainment is Trevor.
Speaker 12: It is just the white list, right, We have more we can put on there. You could be on their Sexiest Morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelsey exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well people, you know Taylor Swift made him sexy, so there you go.
Speaker 2: You know, sexiest grandfather title. No, they ain't gonna give me nothing. I don't really care. I'm trying to figure it out. No, I don't get nothing. Sold War coming up, y'all need to watch that when it come on.
Speaker 17: I got that, okay, could Okay, you might not think I'm pretty, but I'll tell you what though, I've been here longer than anybody now.
Speaker 1: Sexy ist, older man. Yeah, all right, there we go another entertainment.
Speaker 2: Categories where I know I can win, like like sexiest man on TV there's ever been homeless? You know like that?
Speaker 18: Wow?
Speaker 2: Really just narrowed, no argument, just take everybody else out to run it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, all right, so have you guys seen some of the trending video clips of Me Along and Jeez from the I Might forgive, but I don't forget conversation. Yeah, because Jesz sat down with me along Junior for a vulnerable conversation about their respective divorces and self love. Now, during the talk, Jez said quote, real men don't cheat. Take a listen. Got to know when it's time to be done right.
Speaker 14: And that's usually not about another person and affair or you know some chick that's willing to like make you feel like a king. Because that's why most men cheat. Most men cheat because.
Speaker 2: Of that's so fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: It's so gross, it's so stupid.
Speaker 2: I personally this is my quote. Real don't cheat.
Speaker 1: You don't think so kill or No. I kind of understand what you mean when you say that you do not. I understand what you mean.
Speaker 2: In us that makes us want to be right across the border, you guys agree a statement, Well, it's it's missing a couple of things, because there is something in us that makes us want to be right. But you also have to introduce the human element. And there's none perfect, no, not one. So you can be a real man and make a mistake, you can. You know, I understand where he's coming from. But you know, now Nia Long's statement about you know, this woman made me feel special and different. That's so dumb. That's not dumb. That's usually what happens if a man is at home and he lacks two major things. If a man don't feel a appreciate it and a man don't feel supported, those two things right there, Them two things right there that women never talk about. It ain't how you look. And he saw somebody fine and all this he and she was real sexy. No, man, it's some other things in there too. But if a man don't feel appreciated, and a man don't feel he don't feel like his value, you gonna have a problem. You're going to have a problem. And it's not just cutting dry, no, sir, it can't be. I mean, that's a nice statement Jeez made anyway, but it can't be that cut and dry, because you can be a real man and make a whole lot of mistakes. That I'm telling you, man, that's what this thing is. You know, it's a lot of good men that made some mistakes. It's a lot of good men in prison. People don't like when you say that, but it's some really really good men sitting behind that wall. And because good people make mistakes, so I understand where JEZU coming from. Sounds good, nice quote, good to put on the book cover, but in real life, Doggie.
Speaker 10: I ain't like the quote here.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it. Why didn't you like?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: What's wrong?
Speaker 13: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: Junior?
Speaker 9: I don't know. You can't be talking to my crush like that, and you just making statements, making healthy some type of ways, like I ain't sitting over here. This is about you, and don't cheat you try to depress. I would have said the same thing, Jesus, you're not impressed.
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we're gonna try to calm Junior down. Essay's tips for flying with Thanksgiving food. We'll talk about that right after this. You're listening morning show. Thanksgiving travel is right around the corner. If you're confused about what you can bring on a plane and what needs to go in your checked bags, well, the roads can be confusing, but the TSA gets it, and they're helping to clear things up as we get into the busy holiday travel season. The Transportation Security administration is sharing some lighthearted guidelines about the Thanksgiving foods that are okay to have in your carry on and those that belong in your checked luggage. Turkey dressing, mac and cheese are.
Speaker 10: Good on the plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you could carry on bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, and cranberry sauce. It doesn't matter if it's from a can or homemade. If it's it's classified as a liquid. So it needs to go in your checked luggage. Okay, So you could take the turkey dressing in the mac and cheese, but the cranberry sauce has to be checked. And in addition, you need to check your alcohol and gravy. If you're gonna bring gravy, that's a liquid too, So that checked bag, gravy?
Speaker 2: Who house going to? The damn? Why is we flying here? And all gravy? Who house you going to? How many things?
Speaker 19: Given?
Speaker 2: Jimmis has day ass ruined Henni's house and you didn't bought everything? Where is we gonna put this mac and chites in? You gonna turny green bean?
Speaker 11: But the grave we'll.
Speaker 2: Need all the part looking at who is carrying this turkey?
Speaker 15: Turkey?
Speaker 2: We need a whole turkey. You know we're going to ain't hellis I'm going what's we're talking about? Flying all the food here? Braving damn dog graves to bring gravy? How big that gravy pot got the boom?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Don't how much?
Speaker 1: Look ad you fit in the half because all the food has gotta be in a separate thing in case it spells you want.
Speaker 2: To which graves? They don't even want it that. I don't want no gravy come out of thermos.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: The turkey pounds. We got a nineteen pound taken. We got a luggage just for that.
Speaker 11: Great.
Speaker 1: I'll just stay home, thank you.
Speaker 7: Or dry all.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm gonna just eat Thanksgiving him. I'll tell you we're gonna got then this Thanksgiving. Yeah, we're gonna zoom sit around table. I'm not sliging all this damn food.
Speaker 11: See me on.
Speaker 10: Somebody said dip that bag and get.
Speaker 1: That and the Ranberry sign.
Speaker 2: Else, somebody got to fly in the punch this helpful can't cooking nothing. Somebody got to fly into punch money all.
Speaker 1: Right, coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, we will check Steve's voicemail. Right after this you're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show. It is time now to check Steve's voicemail. Call eight seven seven twenty nine Steve eight seven seven twenty nine Steve, and you can leave a message for Steve too. You might just hear your call on the air.
Speaker 2: You ready, Steve, Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. See, this is your number one fan who left a message about the lady who called you stupid the other day. You remember that because she didn't agree with your response to the strawberry letter.
Speaker 16: Take a listen, bike a morning morning too. I'm gonna go out to your number one fan. I love the morning show everyone, Junia, Tommy, the lushaw bearing Mississippi, Monica, and my number one guy that I cought all the time, the one and only to party Seeve. I want to say, I'm tired of them coming to you.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 16: I'm calling this on that lady who want a place you calling you stupid. Tell her stupid air, so listen properly and sub taking the humor away from the morning show. Maybe she needs to listen to the details, or maybe she'll lonely before calling to come to you.
Speaker 6: First.
Speaker 16: It was the one who says Junior mister sway from you and Tommy because you all talked down to him. That's not the point. They're missing the whole concept of the show. It's humor. You'll have a crew, you'll a youngster together and write to each other to tell them mind their business or let me know when I can glove up to get them for you, because I'm tired of them coming to you now your number one friend always love morning crew.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, thank you. You don't come for him, boy, take down in the back for you coming. You're going to get yourself smack one time down right here out.
Speaker 1: All right, here's another called Paul from Philly.
Speaker 18: On Steve is Paul from Philly. First of all, I want to say thank you for you and the crew. I lost my wife last year, but before then you and TDJS helped me to become and understand what a true husband is and how to treat a woman. The one thing you say, thank you.
Speaker 6: For that, Junior.
Speaker 18: Let the hair go, Tommy, somebody gonna get you.
Speaker 17: Boy.
Speaker 18: Ladies, y'all, y'all do a wonderful job. I just want to say that real quick, but I just thank you for helping me do my tough hup, and I appreciate it and anything you're saying. Forget the met the emph. Y'all have a blessing.
Speaker 11: Paul Junior, he didn't you heard what he said.
Speaker 12: That's what Tommy got out of the whole thing.
Speaker 10: Uh, tom, I know you hear what Paul said to you though, get me.
Speaker 2: Uh he's sitting here.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 10: He just prophesied.
Speaker 2: He just prophesied. Yeah, appreciate you man to man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah right me. Truck driver left a message about the r n B Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 8: Take a listen, hey, Steve, I'm riding hen. I'm a truck driver and I've been listening to tackle all the way back with you, all the way to Steve Top. But Joe was just talking about men R and B singers. Man, you can't forget James Ingram and you can't forget before Brian McKnight. You gotta put them in there. That's saying, y'all have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, them two dudes are super time. That Brian McKnight cold songwriter and vocalist that boy cole and James Ingram is cold too.
Speaker 20: Ain't no doubt compliment what she does. Come on, boy, send her roses just because if.
Speaker 4: It's Vily, she loves.
Speaker 2: Let them play forever. Oh that was a jail. That stuff in my heart. Man, I feel, but you can't five not replacing nobody. Now, if I had the women's Mount Rushmo, who you got? Okay, let me think about that for a minute. My four favorite Mount Rushmoe, women of R and B.
Speaker 1: No, Lord, okay, all right for the prank, all right, coming up next, it is a nephew in today's prank phone call. Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is real men can cry, but there is a limit. All right, we'll get into that also right after the prank, nephew. When you get into that, Steve's going to come back with his women's mount Rushmore. We did the men yesterday, He's going to do his female mount Rushmore of R and B today.
Speaker 21: Okay, so all right, you're here right now. What's the prank for today? The title of the prank is I dropped your wife. I dropped your Hey. Hey, it happens sometimes you understand.
Speaker 2: Mean, it happens.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm trying to reach Tony.
Speaker 19: This is Tony, Tony.
Speaker 6: How you doing this? Is nephew, Tommy.
Speaker 19: I can't believe you're Okay, y'all been married eight years. Okay, here's that's my heart.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me ask you something. What makes your husband just go off?
Speaker 19: Anything that has to do with me?
Speaker 15: Let me tell you he is crazy about me.
Speaker 19: If anybody mess with me, if anybody tries to go off on me, he will lose it.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, Oh, what are we gonna do? What?
Speaker 19: I'm so excited on the time?
Speaker 6: All right? Can you click over on a three way? Can you call him?
Speaker 19: Okay, I can call it from my phone, but you're gonna be on the phone right Yeah.
Speaker 6: I want I want him to think that I got your phone. Okay, just click over so when you click back, you can't say nothing else. You got to be quiet because I'm gonna at the end, I'm gonna let you talk to him. Okay, Okay, hold on, Tommy, are you there? I'm here. Okay, you're getting newt or something?
Speaker 19: Okay, Okay, Hey, what's that?
Speaker 6: Uh no?
Speaker 9: Just this is this?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 14: Dren?
Speaker 6: Dad is Darren? What was this? Hey? We got a bit of a situation with with Tony.
Speaker 19: Man, we got a situation for real?
Speaker 6: You just my wife phone?
Speaker 20: Who is this?
Speaker 6: This? Uh? Actually is the other one? Brother? Who is this? We're trying to get Tony actually twisted her ankle? Man, We got to get her to the emergency room and get her checked out. She twisted her ankle? How she twisted? Wait? Wait wait, wait back up?
Speaker 19: Who did you say?
Speaker 6: Who is this?
Speaker 19: How did Tony.
Speaker 6: Twist her ankle? Actually? She she she fell?
Speaker 19: And man, look look, my wife is with her mom right now.
Speaker 6: Who who and who are you?
Speaker 19: How did you twist her ankle? And why are you calling me? Why isn't her mother? Somebody called him?
Speaker 6: Who is this?
Speaker 19: You never told me your name?
Speaker 6: Bro? No, I'm a friend man ship in Fall. I actually dropped her?
Speaker 19: How you how did you drop he?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 19: What do you mean you dropped her?
Speaker 6: We had a couple of drinks at the hotel, man, and she hey, wait.
Speaker 19: Wait wait hotel? There you mean a hotel? My wife is supposed to be over her mom's house. Now you called me from my phone talking about you dropped her. Y'all let some hotel? But why y'all even let a hotel. What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: A hotel? Bro?
Speaker 19: Where is my wife? Where's Tony?
Speaker 6: Why? Well?
Speaker 19: Why ain't Tony on the phone.
Speaker 6: You gotta come. You gotta calm down.
Speaker 19: Situated you calling me for my wife phone telling I see hurt. You dropped her y'all at the hotel. She sp mom's house.
Speaker 6: Bro, where is my wife?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 6: She's it, Tony, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 19: Just hang on to Tony. I gotta put my wife on the phone.
Speaker 6: Man, Hey, dude, just I need you to calm down.
Speaker 19: Man, No, no, I need you to this man, No, no, no, you talking about yall about to go to an emergency room. You dropped my wife y'all at the hotel. Dog, Keep putting my ship on the phone before y'all be in the emergency room.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, listen, you gotta calm down. Tony already embarassed.
Speaker 19: I don't even know who the hell you are. You still ain't telling me put Tony on the phone.
Speaker 6: Listen, man, you gotta chill out. Man. I'm just a friend. Okay, I'm there. You are.
Speaker 19: I tell you what in the emergency room? Tell me where y'all at. I come to the hotel. I get my own wife and take it wherever she needs to do.
Speaker 6: As soon as Tony get dressed, man, I'm gonna get her there.
Speaker 19: Okay, as soon as she gets dressed. What do you menue? Hey? Man, real talk, Joe. Where y'all at?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 19: Where putting Tony on the phone?
Speaker 6: Man? I'm not putting Tony on you too? All right? Man? Why are you screaming at Holland? Dude?
Speaker 19: I swear to God, I swear to God. If I find out where y'all at, I'm gonna come on her. It's gonna be one for you and Tony. Hey, hey, man, where y'all at? Bruh, I'm cool. Where y'all at? Simmy, where y'all at?
Speaker 6: No? No, I'll tell you what, man. I'm gonna get Tony's ankle taken care of and we'll get somebody to drop a back off at the house.
Speaker 19: Okay, I think I'll drop a off at the house. Man, just tipping where y'all at? I want to come get my wife. I want to make sure she gets the treatment that you need. Bro sidnt where y'all at? Don't go nowhere. I want you to be there when I come and get it. Don't go nowhere where y'all at.
Speaker 6: I can't do it.
Speaker 19: I mean we put this tony on the phone.
Speaker 6: Man, put my wife on. I'm not listening.
Speaker 19: Let me talk to my wife.
Speaker 6: Brou Hey, Man, it's the reason why I'm calling. Man. She embarrassed about all of this, and.
Speaker 19: Now she's gonna be holding embarrassed one height.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's cool.
Speaker 19: Ain't to tell. Ain't gonna need to be embarrassed. I love her, man, that's my girl.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 19: Let me let me holler at my wife. Bro, please, no, no, no, already no wife or phone. Bro Listen, dude, Man, look really talking. You still ain't telling me what you want. Don All I know is you coming to me talking about you? So I don't tell her with my wife, and let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 19: Don't let that lord that ankle with him? You say it's running. My wife's get your looks. God, I'm telling you want to find out who you are. I'm fussing. Put my wife on the phone, and that's all. That's my last time to ask you.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 19: I promise this.
Speaker 6: Hey, I ain't man, what but see man?
Speaker 7: You throw all right?
Speaker 6: Man, you call right.
Speaker 19: I'm my wife on the phone. Bro, That's all I'm saying. You gotta leave town. That's what I'm You got to leave town, man, you gotta leaves.
Speaker 6: You want to where you want to talk? Let Tony decide that she want to talk to you or not.
Speaker 19: I'm right here here that decide.
Speaker 6: Tony. Do you want do you wanna? Do you want to talk on? Then?
Speaker 19: Don't even ask?
Speaker 6: I ain't man. You'll see what Tony want to do.
Speaker 19: Toddy on the phone.
Speaker 6: Heymen, pull don I don't even know you. Man?
Speaker 19: Put on the phone? You you scared to kill me? Your name?
Speaker 6: Tony? You want to talk to him? Hell?
Speaker 19: Yes, you want to talk to me? Man, I don't even know why. She asn't no jump quitting you the phone?
Speaker 6: I phone de Tony, this is man.
Speaker 19: Yeah, hey baby, baby, baby to look on't have time for games? Were you when you're with That's all? You gotta chill me, baby, Just calm down.
Speaker 15: I got something to tell you.
Speaker 19: Tony.
Speaker 16: You listen to me.
Speaker 19: Maybe you got to listen to me. Are you listening? Yes, listen to me real carefully? Okay, where are you at, Tony baby? Are you listening to me?
Speaker 6: Yes? I'm listening.
Speaker 19: Maybe you just got prayed, but nephew trying to. I'm laughing right now. I love you, okay, yeah, okay, you hurt your home. That's who you got me.
Speaker 6: You got me.
Speaker 2: All right much picked it back up. Let's go big golf. You already you didn't set the playing field, you know, man, I just I can't do it. Just come to the conclusion. I can't come up with the top folk because it's just too they mean too much to me. Cause see, let me say something to you. First of all, in terms of hits, patty LeBell don't have the hits, but patty Le Patty La Belle is a voice that resonates with us as a pla. Then you got gladys out there, Lord Haven mercy and see you. You don't really know how this Mount Rushmo can go. And let me begin with this one here, drum roll, please day give me something, give me some some Mount music or background. Whitney Houston, your Mount.
Speaker 6: Way.
Speaker 2: The greatest voice ever lived belonged to Whitney Houston. Next on the list, my Mount Rushmo of r and be women. The Queen ain't no soul. I just don't know how we could do this list without her. I would have a modern list after this one. Third on the list for me, uh God for me? Or female on the vocalist, Man, that's my girl. I've got more enjoyment for her music than anybody living. See that's why I'm told my last one this list is shaw day A Shaka Khan. Yes, yeah, damn Shaka Khan got a voice matching it. That's my list And I'm wrong for that because gladders, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Daphane, all right, oh for sure? All right, Kelly up next Strawberry Letter. Subject Real men can cry, but there is a limit. We'll get into that, talk about it.
Speaker 13: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: You never know. Michael leph hold on type be guided for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nephew. Subject Real men can cry, but there's a limit. Dear Stephen Shirley, My husband and I had a long distance relationship for two years, and we had never spent over two weeks together until we got married. It was overwhelming for me to have a man around full time, and when I asked him for my own space in his home, he got sad. I'm twenty six and I went straight from my parents' house to my husband's house. My mom said, since he's thirty two years old, he should be patient with me because a lot of things are new to me right now. He's not patient or understanding, and he doesn't deal with things in a manly way, in my opinion. For example, I got some tea last Sunday and sat on the back patio enjoying the cool air, and I called my best girlfriend to catch up. He came out and he started crying, saying that he can't believe I'd rather spend quality time with my girlfriend than talking to him. I got off the phone and I went in and sat on the couch while he watched football. I was very weirded out by what he did, and it's not the first time he's done that, so I need to know what's wrong with him. The crying after intimacy is the worst, and I don't know how to console him. At first I thought I had heard him, but he said he just can't believe he bagged a beauty like me. Is it low self esteem or what? Let's say, for instance, I pick up a meal for him that he's been wanting, he will hug me and cry like I bought him a rolex or something. I'm telling you something is not right with him. I'm scared to talk to any of my close friends about him because they will never look at him the same way and the jokes will never be never ending. I do think it's healthy for a grown man to cry, But why is he so emotional all the time? Please help? I'm with you. Although I haven't seen it a lot in my lifetime, I do think it can be healthy for a man to cry. It's more acceptable in this society for a woman to cry. But who wants to see a woman who cries all the time?
Speaker 13: Either.
Speaker 1: In your case, the question is why is he crying? We don't know the answer to that. Because you bought him some food. You brought him some food he start crying because you called your best friend when you were out on the patio with a glass of tea because you're having sex.
Speaker 13: He cries.
Speaker 1: All of this is very strange. I guess you didn't know it before you married him, since you guys didn't live together, so this is all a surprise to you. I have to agree with you about this. With you not talking to your friends, they won't understand and they will clown him. If anything, you should try a therapist or a marriage counselor or something. You have to tell your husband how you feel and try to get him to agree to get some kind of help to find out what's wrong, because you don't want to start looking at him as unmanly for crying all the time and lose respect for him. I have no idea what he's crying for, and you don't either, So try and get some help for him.
Speaker 2: Steve, ain't no help for him. Let me straighten this out for you. I know dudes like this. I know one just like this. And you ain't going to therapy and fix this. You know he ain't for therapy. You know you ain't finna stop this. Ain't nobody finish fin He ain't have no deep seated problems in his childhood or nothing, I'll just get to what's really wrong right here in a minute. Y'all had a long dist relationship for two years and you never spent two weeks together. Now you have married the man and moved in. Now all held and broke news. So now you told him, since you have twenty six and you had moved in directly with him, that you wanted to have your own space, and your mom said he should give it to you because he's thirty two and he should be patient or understanding. Then you said, he don't deal with things in a manly way. Folks, let me tell you something. When your woman types my man does not deal with things in a manly way, that is because she has had another view of manhood or is at a different reaction or behavior of a man that you're not doing. And once a woman has that viewpoint of view, this marriage is heading towards the end because the things you are expecting for him, he is not going to be able to deliver on. I'm sorry, We about to get to it in a minute now. When I say what I got to say, don't nobody say nothing to me because she wrote me with the problem and I have to tell you what your man's problem is so, for example, you got some tea last Sunday, you set out on the back patty and joined the cool app, and you call your girlfriend to catch up. He came out and he started crying. I can't believe you would rather spend your time with your girlfriend to be they tell me me, And that's why I'm out here crying. Look at you.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: She looked up at him and going, what's wrong with you? I know because see women women today self, what is wrong with your pocast? I know you ain't out here crying because I'm talking on the phone. So she got off the phone and went and sat on the couch while he watched football. Now, you say you was very weirded out by what he did, but that ain't the first time he done that. It's to crying after intimacy. That's the worst. I don't know how to console him. I don't understand that either. Not crying after sex, crying during sex. I've seen that happen. I've cried. I've had something so good that tears have run down my face.
Speaker 1: I've had I can't hold on.
Speaker 2: But afterwards, I don't know what we s you're crying for hour.
Speaker 1: Hold that thought, Steve. We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letter subject real men can cry, but there's a limit. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening morning show?
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is real men can cry, but there's a limit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, she'd havene married this man that cry a lout, and she don't know what to do. He thirty two. She twenty six, and one time she was out on the back patio having a hot cup of tea and she called her girlfriend. Well, precious came outside and saw her having the tea talking her girlfriend and just started crying, to you out here talking only I ain't watch any game out, but I said you a visit. Well, you old man with me? And then she looked up and said on the her brother, what is your punk ass talking good? And she said, well, baby, I was just out here talking to my friends, so it kind of weirded my mouth. So she went inside to watch football set on the couch next to him. She was kind of weird about that, and she didn't know what to do, but that ain't the first time. Then she said, it's to crying after intimacy. That is the worst, and I don't know how to console him. At first I thought I had heard him had put it on it to where you had caused him some pain. But he said he just can't believe he bagged the beauty like me, he too, Damn, he cried too much. You don't cry after intimacy. You can cry during intimacy, Like I said on my last break, I've had something so good that the tears had run down my face before something. But I just I know you can cry during intimacy, but afterwards, I don't know how because especially when you get to that moment that you all work for, that climactic moment of excitement. Yeh, there's no crying now because it because they feel like you're getting electrocuted. So it's kind of hardy hard to cry when you're getting electrocuted. You know, you holler, and you know, half stand up on the back of your neck. I don't even have half more and it's still standing there and it's just shocking. But that's when I know what the really my it's no self esteem of what to say. For instance, I pick up a meal for him that he been wanting, he will hug me and cry like I bought him a Rolex or something Chinese food.
Speaker 11: How did you know?
Speaker 2: I gail what I wanted? Some ship right right? Everything? Oh God, I can't believe you, beautiful hen you spot about this? Oh God? Is sim was like, And let me tell you something, lady. You got to divorce this man because this ain't finna get no better. It's no counseling for him. You can't tell this to your friends because every time they see him, they gonna see precious coming. Listen to me, first of all, this ain't crying. This is whining. You're married to a whiner. Now it has turned into tears because he whines so convincingly to himself. He hurts himself. Your man is soft. He softened and medicated. Cot See, you can be emotional and you can be sensitive. You can't be both. Bro, he not gonna recover from this. I mean he was the little kid that remember the song we used to sing when we were a little Cry baby cry, Why if you weeping eyes, put your hand on your hip and let your backbone slip all shake it to the east, Shad, take it to the west, Shake it to the everyone that you love the best. Hey, cry baby cry, Yeah that's him, except he thirty two. He too soft, man. I don't know what to tell you. He just soft. This ain't gonna work. He gonna do it in front of some people. Now, I don't know what qualities he have that made you marry him. I don't know. He could be good in a lot of areas because he's obviously a sensitive man. And it's okay to be a sensitive man. Yeah, cry, it's okay to cry. I think I'm a sensitive man because I'm umsive to people, but I'm not an emotional man. I don't fall apart, I don't come apart. I handle stress extremely well. I take more than the average person is willing to take. I know how to get in the fox hole and fight. I come up out of it. I got a lot of dog in me. I'm a sensitive man. I'm sensitive to people. But you can't be sensitive and emotional because now you're just sitting up for some of your your punk ass, just crying on the turn. And that's what it is. And he gonna do it in front of some people. Y'all gonna be sitting up at dinner and he gonna bite down into one of them dishes that he just loved. Oh love not mashed potatoes. God, I love mash potatoes. Love no juice turkey. Yeah, see Thanksgiving it's gonna have all the food. And don't cat this. Don't kill your little soft man around your uncles. I'm telling you this right now. Don't take him over that round Uncle jun Bug and Uncle Earl O'Neil, because he not buying none of this.
Speaker 7: Hey man.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, you got a little you guys, you're married to some medicated cotton. I suggest you get out because he ain't gonna toughen up no time soon.
Speaker 1: Post your coming Thanksberry.
Speaker 2: Thanksgiving, he gonna cry in front of you uncles and they gonna they're gonna ruin.
Speaker 1: It at Steve Barb FM on Instagram and Facebook. And check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app for it never sounded so good. You can download it today now. Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, it's Junior with Sports Talk. Right after this you're listening Hard Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and sports talk What you got Junior Pippin right here, Jr.
Speaker 2: Tak me long?
Speaker 11: What's up here?
Speaker 2: Everybody was up late?
Speaker 13: Heyy ain't none was up?
Speaker 2: Come on quick with me. I was boy, I was on file Las.
Speaker 10: Yes you was, Yes you was. Papa All.
Speaker 2: Y'all better is out there and get ready called pimping and put them over the town path is Chicago, Okay, Coats Patriots? You know I hate the Patriots. I can't pull for the Patriots ever. I don't care who they played.
Speaker 10: Colts, Texans, Bengals.
Speaker 2: Bengos, y'all. I want y'all to please please beat the Bengals for me because they're in the same division as the Brown But y'all.
Speaker 10: Know better, Come on down, pack of stealers.
Speaker 2: I want to pack us the wind stealers, Titans, Buccaneers. Come on, Titans one more time. Crush the Buccaneers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Brown though, let's go Brown.
Speaker 2: You ain't even know it's gonna be a struggle.
Speaker 4: But come on, Cleveland, let me.
Speaker 2: Go forty dollars Jack Wars Jaguise upset Game of the Week.
Speaker 10: Saints Vikings.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 2: I said I wan't gonna pick the Vikings. Then they starting to winning. But the Saints. They Saints had a win last week? Really, No, who did they beat last week? I ain't really show.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: Beat the Vikings, Falcons, Cardonals Falcons.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, Lions, Chargers, come.
Speaker 2: On, Lions Detroit up there, City Slippers Broadway. I still dream about it when the players played Detroit things.
Speaker 10: All right, Command the Seahawks come on.
Speaker 2: Command is win your game?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 10: Jets? Raiders like we care?
Speaker 2: Huh, no one cares about this game, but there would be a shaker Jets.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Broncos Bills, Now you know the Broncos ain't supposed to beat the Bills.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 2: Now, Russell them they came in around and they playing better. So I love Russell. Yeah, I love most Russell's and Bill's gonna win that though, especially if they paying their cold Weather Giants Cowboys, Tim Little Cowboys Alive.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you you and your thank you, Pimpen. Coming up at the top of the hour. A guy on social media needs some advice. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, So Steve Dean on Steve Harvey FM, rights, I have a homie who historically has the worse luck with women of anyone I've ever known. Sometimes it's just painful to sit back and watch it all unfold. Now, I think he's setting himself up for more pain, and I'm wondering if it's my place to step in and warn him after a After running out of options, he's turned to a dating site dedicated to women behind bars. He says he's been having regular exchanges with Angela, who's incarcerated in a facility over one thousand miles away and will be for five to seven more years. But he's sure she's the one and is already planning multiple trips to visit her. I'm like, come on, dog, uncle, I'm trying to be a real friend here, but I don't know what else to say. I just don't know what else to say here.
Speaker 2: No, you got to let him go. You got to let him go ahead do this. See when people don't have look and then they come up with a real stupid idea. You got to let one of them play out inmate love of one thousand miles away on a dating site, women behind bars. You'll go ahead, go here.
Speaker 1: Just that's it. Nothing.
Speaker 2: All these women out here, all these women free, all these women ain't leading now, though she's gonna want revenge. Okay, all these women out here, what man came find a woman out here? Got to go get one in prison. I understand women finding men in prison, but a man got to go find a woman in prison. He don't have no luck. Man, Hey, man, what's wrong with your friend? See something wrong? Something wrong with him?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: It ain't this girl in prison?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: I think she looked like when she come up to that glass though, you got, homie, and then I need to know what you were in here before we can start talking about love.
Speaker 1: All right, we have time for another one, Steve. This is from Sherry and Steve Harvey. Cherry says, I have a decently home, so I've been asked to host Thanksgiving dinner this year. I am happy to do it, and figured I would just order food from a local restaurant and waha, dinner is served. Well, we got out about my plan, and now I'm being accused of taking the lazy way out. I figure that one I'm a terrible cook. Two I already have to clean my house and take care of the hosting duties. Three it'll probably end up being cheaper in the long Run. And four, if they think it's lazy, then why aren't they hosting Uncle Steve and.
Speaker 13: The Morning crew?
Speaker 4: Is really?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is it really being lazy? Or should I be ashamed over this?
Speaker 2: What should is not being lazy? You just said you ain't a good cook. All the people fit to drive in for that, right? No, you need to go and get that food from that restaurant or you could do what one of the stories was early in the show, they were discussing that the airlines is going over the foods that you can fly in because your ass can't cook. You just said you can't cook. You ain't got no choice, but they saying you took the lazy way out. Tell them all, just tell all the women on the text. Y'all know I can't cook. Now, what y'all gonna eat when y'all get here? Y'all want me to go on and try something because I can try a few things.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: You know your first turkey. You ain't gonna do the first turkey right. I don't know if you know that, but you're not gonna get the first turkey right.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a disaster.
Speaker 2: Yes, And if you ain't never made mac and cheese. Trust me, that stuff that's on the shelf that you get in the box that ain't what they want. Oh and then you're gonna go to a restaurant and you really gonna mess up because you're gonna bring in that punkin pie. They're gonna be three with your.
Speaker 1: Ass, right, thanks giving it over.
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 1: Right, So she's not lazy, she's just doing the best thing. What do you do, Serlica, You can't cook, not that she can relate the same thing you do. What you do? All right, more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Well, the city of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia has just elected a sister as their new mayor. Her name is Cherrelle Parker. She's a Democrat and she will be the city's one hundredth mayor and the first woman to ever be elected to the office. Congratulations again to Mayor elect Cherill Parker. That is wonderful news. Congratulations, congratulations first woman ever.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More election results. Congratulations to Kentucky Democrat Andy Brisher, he wins re election in Kentucky's governor's race. It was a good night for Democrats and the Republicans are not happy about this.
Speaker 10: No, that's good though. The voters showed up.
Speaker 1: They did not skip this election, and that's good news. Gotta do it every election.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Philly got a system first one, first woman, first black woman. This is wonderful news. Charille Parker, I love her name, Charille Mayor Cherill Parker.
Speaker 11: Shela Jackson leave.
Speaker 2: It's a runoff in Houston.
Speaker 11: It is okay, it's a runoff. Yes, yes, yes, that's the one of the grades.
Speaker 1: Love her and she cares about Houston.
Speaker 6: She's been.
Speaker 1: A long time, for a very long time. So hopefully she will win too. That would be nice, all right, that's what happens when we get out and vote. Can let's win?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round of would you rather? Right after this, you're listening hard Morning Show, and it's time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather go hunting or fishing with your father in law?
Speaker 11: Fishing?
Speaker 2: My father in law, he go fishing, He's gonna ben't make it through the woods. I'm just tell you that right now. I'm not gonna be getting him up down, off that coolaris and all this. He go a bucket. He gonna cane pall and me come by and check on your head. Now, my father in law was a Vietnam Vet, a medic. He is not going back in the wood. That's laughing. All he can do is his shots. Fine, my brother. When my brother first came from Vietnam, he was walking down the street and it's fourth of July. They started firing off firecrackers. He pushed me in the bookies bushes and dove on me. It's wrong with you, man? Oh wow, b.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that stuff is real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather eat fruitcake or would you rather eat peppermint bark.
Speaker 11: Peppermint ball? Fruit?
Speaker 2: I don't know who what white person invented fruit cake? White? It's it's white. You know, only ones put green stuff in stuff pieces are men in there? And white white person made fruitcake? You know it. You know a white person invented fruitcake? What black person you know gonna put them ingredients and bacon?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, I ain't never had a good piece of fruitcake peppermint bark.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna give it a shot.
Speaker 10: Okay, you never tried it. I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 9: Pepper pepd bark. I'm just gonna go with the other black people. Peppermint ball, peppermint ball.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather visit Santa at the mall if you were a kid, or would you rather write him a letter? You want to see him in person? Or just write them a letter?
Speaker 2: Ad laing too long at the mall. I'dra to write a letter and he'd be drunk up dead looking toe iron at the mall.
Speaker 1: Man those kids.
Speaker 11: And on his cell, all kind of.
Speaker 2: What do you wrong? All right, be fired?
Speaker 1: That's all right? Would you rather never? I'm sorry? Would you rather be with someone you don't trust? Or would you rather be with someone you trust but don't love.
Speaker 11: I could be with a fine person that I don't trust.
Speaker 1: Just would you rather be with someone you don't trust or be with someone you trust but don't love.
Speaker 2: I take the trust, but don't love it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can deal with that.
Speaker 2: Because you're steal this money. It's gonna be a problem. It's gonna be a day problem.
Speaker 1: That's today's round.
Speaker 2: So please understand. As soon as I find out, it's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: And let you know that right now, coming up at forty nine minutes after the hour, it's our last break of the day and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Thursday.
Speaker 10: It's been a good day, yes, absolutely, Steve.
Speaker 2: Well, here's some closing remarks I got for you today. And I've thought this because I have to remind myself of this all the time. And I'm not gonna say anything new. You've all heard this, but every now and then we need a reminder, and that reminder is simply this. Don't you ever ever give up? Don't do it. I don't care how long you've been waiting. I don't care how long it's taken. I don't care how many times it's been delayed. I don't care how many no's you've gotten. Don't you dare? Don't you dare give up? Because I am telling you it is those that endure to the end. The race isn't given to the swim, but to those that endureth to the end. You have got to make it to the end so you can see what the results are they don't give away. This is not this thing called life. Ain't about first place because it's a whole lot of places. You ain't trying to place first. You just trying to win your race because you ain't against nobody else. See, that's the problem you got. People get it twisted. You are not so what somebody got picked, and you didn't saw what somebody got promoted, And you didn't saw what somebody else hit the lodder when you didn't saw what somebody else got there first, saw what somebody down the street got a bigger house, saw what somebody on the block keep getting a new car every year. You don't know what their circumstances is. Don't you ever give up because you are not in a race against in nobody else. You are in your own life race, and the race isn't given to the swill, but to those that endure to the end. You have got to stay with it. You don't know when God is gonna flip that switch. I promise you you don't. I can go over. It's so many documented stories about me about how I felt like giving up and then all of a sudden God came through. I'm going through something right now that I do not understand why it's taken so long. But I tell you one thing, though, I bet you I don't quit. I promise you that I am going to wait on God. I am going to trust in his timing. Now listen to me. Trusting in God's timing is difficult because it almost ain't ever on the timeframe you got in mine. I have never prayed for nothing that I want to happen in ten years. I have a lot more immediate prayers than that. But can I tell you something I have prayed for something that took ten years to happen. Oh boy, As I look back on my life, I remember asking God for stuff at twenty something that I didn't get till I was almost forty. As a matter of fact, I asked God for something when I was twenty four. I didn't get it till I was fifty. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted something to happen so bad and it didn't happen nowhere in the time frame. But I kept the faith. I kept hope alive. And sometimes that's all I had, y'all. It was I just hope something happened. But faith is the substance of things hope for and the evidence of things not seen. Sometimes your faith has to just be a hope. It's all right, it's all right. It's okay that your faith wavers. You just got to keep hope alive because sometimes your faith is just diminish yourself down to our hope. Man, show hope. God hear me, Man, I show hope. He comes through. You know that's different from I know he gonna come through. But it's okay. Sometimes it get down to that we human. Man, this is hard.
Speaker 11: That's human.
Speaker 2: God, Why is it taking so long? That's human?
Speaker 19: Lord?
Speaker 2: Why are you letting me do this? Why is this happening to me like this? That's human? But as you get through having him human moments, don't you dare give up. Don't you give up. I'm telling you, y'all, it can happen at a moment when you least expect it, and it can happen better than you ever thought it would be. This life that I have now, it's no way I saw this. He will do exceedingly and abundantly over all you think or ask. That's the power of God. God is good man. But y'all, whatever you're going through, don't you give up whatever you've been praying about. You just keep on praying about it, keep on believing. And if you can't believe some days, just hope, keep hope alive. Faith is the substance of things hoped for. That's the substance of faith. It's just a hope sometimes and sometimes you just down to that. But don't y'all give up. I'm telling you, man, don't you dare you? Bet not quit? Don't you let the devil fool you, make you think God don't hear you, and he ain't coming. God, don't forsaken you. God don't ever forsake you.
Speaker 6: That was you.
Speaker 2: You tripped out. Don't give up, y'all. Those are my closing remarks. Don't forget you. We all talked to God today. He'd absolutely love to hear from me. That was a good program. Love Steve, Thank you.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, voidwear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com.
Speaker 13: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show