Speaker 1: Wake up way, Why you guys.
Speaker 2: Really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk to Helpless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 1: Maybe like from the Black Mothership.
Speaker 3: In New York City, it's DJ Yemb and Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 1: It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about. Thanks, y'all be Black fib I love y'all. Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you in trouble.
Speaker 5: Everybody what good morning Usa yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Charlemagne the God Past to the plane in his Friday Laura l Rosa.
Speaker 7: Good money, Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: It's hot ye today.
Speaker 8: I don't know what loocause it's the heat on and it's fall and it's a fall going in the winter, so they turn the heat on, that's all.
Speaker 5: And it somehow said yesterday, well it wasn't summer, but it was that that for New York it was sixty degrees you call.
Speaker 7: Us some in New York, Yes, like walking around no coote in November.
Speaker 1: It's crazy yet Yesterday, oh yeah, yesterday, I was out. Yesterday. I was out for a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yesterday I had a uh my man, Doug Melville. He had a book signing at Barnes and Nobles and Tribeca. So we had a nice little conversation about Invisible Generals. In Visible Generals is out right now. That is the latest release off my book in print. Blackfrilla was publishing with Simon and Schuston. So we had a little conversation about that at Barnes and Nobles and tried Becky yesterday, so I was out for a second dope dope yep.
Speaker 5: Now on today's show we got marlond wayns. He'll be joining us, Yes he will. Yeah, he's performing at the Apollo.
Speaker 1: This not just.
Speaker 8: Performing taping another damn standard special like Marlin does not stop.
Speaker 7: For five or ten in the tuck.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I think this is his fourth, the fourth or fifties fifth, yep. And he's got three or four more that he's gonna do. He'll he'll tell you about it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 9: Soon.
Speaker 10: Were okay with him a little bit, and also, don't play with me like you do the voice. Don't play with it.
Speaker 1: You forgot the lyrical. Don't play with forgot the lyric. Don't le brook be joining us?
Speaker 5: Don't play with me, don't play with it, don't play with it, don't play dot leb Brooker be joining us? Her album is out today, so we gonna kicking with little lebron.
Speaker 1: I don't try to tell you about the record. What's that girl?
Speaker 7: What's that Girl'll have you on the go? Do that little dance that girl?
Speaker 1: Y'all be listening to that? Sing that. Don't play with me, play with him?
Speaker 5: Don't playing a stroke Dennis Dennis Daughter is the name of the album. You're gonna be kicking with Hant a little bit as well, with a Brooklyn. All right, well, we got Tesla Fray girl should be joined the front page news, and we got a world premiere.
Speaker 1: We got Jack Harlowe. It's all loving on me.
Speaker 4: Why y'all get quiet after that? Just waiting to listen.
Speaker 10: He was staring at me.
Speaker 5: I was guys, Look, name of the song is Loving Friday Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Start at it. I'm starting crazy looking at him for the.
Speaker 1: Paul he looked at me. I ain't even look at him. Okay, he's saying, but what's.
Speaker 2: The killing.
Speaker 1: Direct, Drake, join that ship dance?
Speaker 10: You be like, that's the only thing I got. It's breakfast, like the morning morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody's t J n V, Charlamgnea, God, Lola, roast is here.
Speaker 10: We are the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Come and say that record is dope.
Speaker 8: But when you're white, don't talk about whips and chains, bro, I don't want to see. I don't want to see the visual of some six foot white dude. And then I hear whips and chair every time about to bop my head. Here come, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want no whips. I'm like, I don't like that. I don't like the optics, the optics that putting in my mind. Jack.
Speaker 8: Although okay, nobody in the studio thought about that.
Speaker 4: I thought about it, but I didn't want to be the person I didn't want to be because he'd be meaning so well.
Speaker 1: Jack means so so well.
Speaker 8: And you know I hate wokeness to the highest degree. I'm just telling you the optics that it puts in my mind when I think a big ass Jack Hollow, and then I keep hating about whips the chains.
Speaker 10: Well A's first lit is I'm a vanilla baby, right.
Speaker 8: H Hey, I like the record, but I don't like the optics that puts in my brain. That was kind of silly a y'all to let that release from the studio. Y'all could have taught of thumb melts Well. Good morning, tests about I'm one.
Speaker 11: Of the DJ heavy, Good morning, laur and good morning Charlemagne the God. Happy Friday, Friday.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right into it.
Speaker 5: Last night NFL, the Bins beat depends to sixteen to thirteen.
Speaker 10: Now let's jump right into the news. What you want to start off with?
Speaker 1: Tests?
Speaker 10: We got a lot this morning.
Speaker 11: We do have a lot this morning. Want to make sure everyone knows that the actors, the Hollywood actors, have reached the deal. So that is a good thing. Let's listen to the report.
Speaker 12: SAG after the union representing actors tonight announcing that they have reached a tentative agreement with the AMPTP, the producers that are working in Hollywood. This brings a strike that had lasted for about four months to a close, a strike that has upended Hollywood, the business of Hollywood. Now under the terms of this new tentative agreement. It would boost minimum pay, increase residual payments for streaming shows, and then it implements new rules around the use of artificial intelligence, which of course was a major sticking point for these actors.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's great, you know, but understand, Hollywood gonna be tight at than ever. Like these networks, these studios, They're gonna be signing less projects, and the projects they do sign are probably projects that they feel like, you know, can make it the air. You know, I don't think it's gonna be too many developmental and pilots and things of that nature. Like the things they do sign are gonna be things that they plan to put on air. So just no, Hollywood gonna be tight ened than ever.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm excited that they did push the line of shows that standing for something really does make a difference. The union presidents say, we did it. New ground is broken everywhere. Thanks to the members for hanging out and holding on to a historic deal. And then, speaking of other strikes, Joe Biden was yesterday. He stressed the importance of unions and he was he emphasized the support for unions. Doing a trip to Illinois, he celebrated the reopening of the plant down there about the tentative deals that they also reached at the United Auto Workers. I wanted you to hear what he had to say as well in support of the strike.
Speaker 13: You kept your negotiations, working around the clock, negotiators, and in the end, the deal will you reached set a new standard over thirty percent increasing wages, the cost of living adjustments, bigger pay increases over the last next four and a half years, in the last twenty two years combined.
Speaker 11: Okay, so yep, So I thought that was good that he was supporting, you know, making sure he let them know that what they did was a good thing. The White Hell said that with the factory reopening, it will bring back more than twelve hundred jobs at higher rate wages. And the company is also adding one thousand new union jobs because it's investing in new battery manufacturing. So again, once again taking a strike and you know, maybe losing a little bit to gain more in the end was a good thing. And then one last thing, speaking of jobs, the Labor Department announced new initiatives are higher veterans. So shout out to all of my veterans. We know that Veterans' Day is tomorrow. And this was a really good thing. Charlemane. I know you always talk about your passion for veterans and having jobs, and so now the Labor Department said that they've taken an effort with six new partners to match veterans with appropriate networking and career services. Of the program will complement the Labor Department's Transition Assistant program and give them personalized assistants for classrooms.
Speaker 1: And their spouses.
Speaker 11: And they said the Labor Department said this new effort will also connect participants will partner organizations to help them before and after a service separation. So very very good thing. And a few fun facts. There's eighteen million veterans two point four are black veterans and every major war black people have served, including during times of slavery. And then want to direct the people again to watch the interview this week with Doug Melville that you had on the show to give some good facts and a good read on Invisible General by Doug mail Bill.
Speaker 8: Yes, congratulations all those individuals drop on the clues bombs for the auto workers, the actors, through veterans, those are the people that make America America. We are nothing without working class people, so saluting them on getting what they deserve.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, absolutely, all right, that is front page news.
Speaker 10: Test will see in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely everybody else, get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 10: Is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's a new day.
Speaker 1: Is your time to get it off your chest. Wake up, whether you're man or blessed something, get up and get something. Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Come on, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Is it Adam?
Speaker 14: Adam?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Get you off your chest?
Speaker 14: Adam is Adam.
Speaker 2: From I just want to give a big veterans out there out there today. I'm trying to finally do you out happy. Thank you for the service and your sacrifice. And I noticed, and I noticed the struggle. I just want to say thank you to all the veterans out there.
Speaker 8: Absolutely to all the veterans. Man, we appreciate your service. Do something for nice for a veteran this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Peace family. This is your brother Prince pre from the seven five to seven Pace, Charlamagne, Peace, Envy, and Queen Lauren Peace. I want to say Happy Veteran's Day to all the veterans in the halting Roads and all over the world. We support them all.
Speaker 16: Over the world. And also, let me just get.
Speaker 15: This off my chest when it comes to mental health, Jez, when he was transparent and showing vulnerability, I loved him more. But I got some friends that are saying he shouldn't be opening. He shouldn't open hisself up like that. He should hear his dirty laundry. Charlamagne, what do you think about that?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 15: It's like, that's one of the things that I culture, that's that's messed up.
Speaker 8: I think we need to be patient and matters where others are involved, because there was a time that we who know knew not and you know everybody, you know some people are on their healing journey. Some people haven't gotten started on their healing journey. But the only thing you can hope is when brothers like Jeezi have those conversations, you know, it sparked something in other people and eventually they'll get started on their healing journey too.
Speaker 1: They'll catch up.
Speaker 8: When they get started on their healing journey, they'll look back at that interview and see, oh okay, I see what Jzi was talking about.
Speaker 1: Now they'll catch up.
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines wide open, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Right right, ray, Yo.
Speaker 1: Charla, Mae, Jasey, what up are we lying? This is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool pool. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 14: Get on the phone right now. He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: We lie. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: You always keep from Brooklyn?
Speaker 1: You heard keep from Brooklyn? Brooklyn? Yo?
Speaker 16: What's going? Oh yeah, I'm happy to hear litt of Brooks coming up there today. The first thing I want to say is I'm voting for Nicki Haley. I like what she's doing right now.
Speaker 1: She got to be like what she's saying.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm like, I'm baking on her to be the nominee for I'm saying, Okay, I like what she's got.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm hearing that, and I'm hearing that from both sides.
Speaker 8: I'm hearing people on the left and right say that they like Nicki Haley.
Speaker 16: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 14: I like a lot of things that he's saying. I like the fact that she was he went in bass to the UH because I feel like we need UH people that are familiar with global politics right now. So she was going on today. But also what I.
Speaker 15: Want to say is just switching the subject, showing me did you hear that song and think of slavery?
Speaker 8: Because because he's white, and I keep hearing about whips and chains man, just how my brain works.
Speaker 1: That's nigga math.
Speaker 16: Know you Uh, you need to go sleep after this.
Speaker 1: I need to what go to sleep?
Speaker 14: You need to go to sleep after this.
Speaker 1: You need after listen, listen after this. You might be right. I might I might be too woke on this one. You might be right.
Speaker 16: Hello, who's this or something to me?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Brother?
Speaker 2: This Sean?
Speaker 14: What's on on?
Speaker 16: Sean?
Speaker 1: Get off your chest?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 14: Listen, Uncle Sharlotte you there, I'm right here, King King, listen. I need you to get with Tyr Reese. I needed to give me with his lawyers for Home depot. Man, they just stole my money, man.
Speaker 1: Well home you listen.
Speaker 14: Ordered snow girl off off the internet. They delivered it to my house. They sent me a picture that they delivered it to my house. And when I got home, the snow girl wasn't there. They just stole my six uncle Charler.
Speaker 7: That ship that sounds of your neighborhood.
Speaker 10: That'sund like a neighbor took that one, bro, It sounds like home deep man.
Speaker 14: Listen, I went through all the rigged morod to try to get the money back, father Pleice report did it dis fueled my fing They contacted said that they did nobody tanking my money.
Speaker 1: So so the snowblower actually came to your house.
Speaker 14: It was a picture that was at my yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ain't the.
Speaker 5: Home depot fault, bro, somebody else for it might be the delivery people.
Speaker 1: It might be a neighbor. It might be somebody driving by seeing that box.
Speaker 14: Yeah might so much snow, bro. I'm going out of money, is out.
Speaker 1: Of goddamn money.
Speaker 8: But guess what when you see that person blowing that snow this winter, when you see.
Speaker 5: Somebody Okay, sorry, brother, get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Eight, don't drink five eight five one on five one.
Speaker 5: If you need event, you can hit us something. Now, we got rooms on the way along. What were talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are going to get into Kicky Palmer. She filed for a restraining order against Darius Jackson, who is the father for child.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get into that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is j NV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren l Rossa is here. Let me send out a birthday shout out to Tracy Morgan. Today is comedian Tracy Morgan's birthday. Salute Tracy Morgan. I know he listens every morning with Tracy.
Speaker 4: Shout out to my cousin Tasha is celebrating her birthday today.
Speaker 7: Right in yesterday she was here in New York. So happy birthday.
Speaker 8: Let me say happy born day to my man Ron White. Ron is the first person to put me on the radio back in the day three Jams and Charles of South Carolina when he was the music.
Speaker 1: Director, saluted he what he likes you too heavy? What do you mean yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sounds like a good brother. He is a great brother, great brother. He sends me messages about you all the time. Let me show you some of them when we're not on there.
Speaker 7: Y'all are so awkward.
Speaker 1: Do I love Ron? That's my dude dropping the clues bomb for Ron Man.
Speaker 8: Used to call it black a belly Ryn slack of belly back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't want to know. And today part of this black pack.
Speaker 5: And today would have been Big Pun's birthday too, So recipes, We're gonna get some Big Pun in the mix this morning.
Speaker 10: You know, we throw back on a Friday.
Speaker 9: But let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice.
Speaker 17: In the name.
Speaker 4: Club Lauren came in hot man. I hate to have to talk about this. Kekey Palmer has filed for a restraining order against her son's father, Darius Jackson. Now this comes after she also filed for sole custody of her son. So she filed for sole legal and physical custody of their eight month old son. I don't know how you pronounced his first name. I think it's Lotus. Liotis one of the two. So this is something that she shares with Darius Jackson. Do you guys remember that there was a hole back and forth with Darius and Key Palmer publicly online following all the Usher stuff. So in the domestic violence restraining order that she filed, she said that she Darius has trespassed into her home without her knowledge or consent. He has threatened her. He physically attacked her. He lunched for her neck, he struck her, he threw her over the couch, stole her phone when she told him that she was going to call the police. There's another part of the filing where she make sure that she outlines that the abuse, as I mentioned earlier, wasn't just physical, but it was also emotional as well too. So she says the abuse during our relationship was not just physical, but emotional and manipulative. Darius would love bomb me and make me feel like I was the most important woman in the world, only to get extremely distant cold over a perceived insult to him. If we were at a party or an event and I spoke to a person too long or looked at someone a certain way, he would throwing off in a rage, telling me I was a slut and hrror accused me of cheating on him and tell me that I did not love him. Darius had a way of gaslighting me to make me feel like I was doing something wrong even though I wasn't. Now, I do want to point out that after all these filings became public through various media outlets, there were also photos attached in the restraining order, which is common people attached photos to kind of just, you know, back up what they're saying, to show urgency of the need of the restraining order. And in the photos you do see Keky Palmer and a man who she is saying is Darius Jackson, and there is physical things happening, like you see her being pulled over the couch, you see his hand on her body.
Speaker 7: It's really tough to look at.
Speaker 4: I hate to have to again talk about this, but I will say that there have been times where Key Palmer spoke about certain things that have happened to her in her life. She's not speaking out directly here, and people didn't believe her. They laughed her out. So there's a different conversation right now just about Keky Palmer and the fact that I mean, I think that if these photos hadn't been attached to the restraining order, there would be maybe some pushback on what's happening here, And the pushback is already happening from Darius his family. His brother's going back and forth online with Kekey Palmer's mom right now, who also had to speak out on behalf of her daughter a sick listening.
Speaker 18: Look, I've never done anything like this. I've been in this business for twenty two years. I've seen a lot of stuff, but this is I can't help myself for Sharona's jackson to post on his Twitter the ridiculous that he's posted.
Speaker 1: When he knew his brother was abusive.
Speaker 18: I went to Sharona's over a year ago and told him that his brother was abusive to my daughter and he said, well, I used to be like that too. What So now he's posting on Twitter like he's this special guy. We know he's the biggest boy in Hollywood. He's disrespectful to women, just like his little brother. He taught his brother how to be abusive, So he don't get to act like he's this special guy. No, you're a boy and you're a part of the problem.
Speaker 9: So KICKI.
Speaker 7: Parmer and her mom have a really close relationship.
Speaker 4: You got they were actually doing a podcast there is Kicky Palmer's mom in Kiki So, but we don't I say that to say it makes sense of em And of course it's her daughter that she would speak out, but she literally she's normally out the way like I've never I don't know ever hearing from.
Speaker 10: Business mama call youa f boy. That means it's some serious stuff.
Speaker 8: And also, to you know, contrary to popular belief, it does not matter what the court of public opinion thinks and situations like this, the only thing that matters is what happens in a court of law. And I really wish we didn't have to see people's trauma play out over social media because I know it's already tough to deal with these kinds of situations, but all of the energy of social media has to make it worse.
Speaker 5: I hate the fact that that these these what happens in court in all these documents or people can pull it up in the public. I hate that because if this is something private that they're dealing with at home, it'll never stay private because anybody can access any of those that those PaperWorks that come from the court, which makes it a story, which makes it.
Speaker 10: Have people have to talk and have to respond.
Speaker 1: And they're gonna change that soon.
Speaker 8: And the reason they're gonna change that soon is because of the court of public opinion that exists on social media.
Speaker 1: Like imagine you was dealing with something that's a jury drive.
Speaker 8: It's impossible for a juror to not see what other people think about the situation, to not see all the backendalls that may happen.
Speaker 1: I think eventually they're gonna they're gonna change that.
Speaker 8: But you know, this is a horrible, say situation, and I'm sad and that's sister had to go through that, And if it's true, I hope that brother gets the help you need so he doesn't continue to project that hurt and pain on the others, especially as child.
Speaker 1: Because there's a child involved in right and.
Speaker 4: A baby that they're going to have to raise together that makes it even right, and now the family's getting involved in I will say that Sharona's has spoke back in response to Keikey Parmer's mom saying that he never once said that to her, not once in his life. And he goes on to say that he's never been abusive to anyone, and you know, just kind of speaks on his own behalf. It's just tough also to Kiki Parmer is such a big star that this is something that y'all know how goes.
Speaker 7: This is going to be in the media.
Speaker 4: For a long time the episode, so it's definitely going to ask more pressure to the situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that is your rumor reports. Now when we come back, we got front page news, so we'll tell you what's happening on out there, and then Marlon Walliams will be joining us.
Speaker 19: They don't move.
Speaker 5: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the.
Speaker 1: Same morning, everybody. It's j NV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Laura la Rosa is here and let's get in some front page news NFL. Last night the Beds beat the Panthers sixteen thirteen, and we got tests here.
Speaker 1: What up Tears?
Speaker 11: Good morning, DJ Amy, Good morning, Lauren Charlemagne de Gott.
Speaker 5: Now test, I feel like everything is being recalled right now as far as food is concerned, right, Yes.
Speaker 11: This is crazy, yet another recalled. Federal health officials are expanding an investigation and potentially lead tainted pouches of animal of apple cinnamon fruit marketed for children and reports of illness and additional product recalls. The US Food and Drug Administration said to receive reports of at least seven illnesses possibly linked to the contaminated career and containing high levels of lead. This is really really disturbing to me. They recall though it's called Wanna Bama Bana apple cinnamon fruit, recalled products from Snucks, and recall from Weis's brand cinnamon apple sauce pouches. So those are little cinnamon pouches that you know, like the kind of like an apple sauce if you will.
Speaker 1: Have a FD eight.
Speaker 11: The FDA officials said that eating the contaminated products could result in acute of toxicity, and parents and caregivers should not buy or serve these pouches. They were sold in retailers like Amazon, Dollar Tree, and it, Snucks and eat Well Market grocery stores.
Speaker 8: Yeah, these people taking back their recipes, theyre concoctions all this toxic BSD out here feeding us in our kids.
Speaker 1: They're taking it back because it's two poisons.
Speaker 5: Now we think about it. Last week, you had the Dino the Dino nuggets. You had these, and then you said something else. We had to had a recall as well. That's that's three things for kids.
Speaker 8: Told my daughter that about the dinal so she said, throw them out right now. She said, it's meddling them. Throw them out right now.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: Eating nothing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a lot of this is going on. I'm even to the point that we let me make sure I'm not missing any recalls because it's happening. Uh, you know so much. And this is the issue, and these kids get sick. To be honest with you, I really do hope they sue or do something because these are lifelong offens who worked on the Flint, Michigan case resulting over six hundred settlement, you know, due to lead. With those kids, it really does cause a lifetime issue. You know, learning disabilities and all types of things come. So poisoning people's kids, that is not it at all.
Speaker 8: Also, man, this is why we got to go back to growing our own foods. You know, growing up in the country, growing up in most pot of South Carolina, you know, I grew up around corn fields. I grew up you know, everybody had some type of livestock. You know, there was chickens in the yard, there was a you know, a pig in the yard that eventually would be slaughter. You know, I don't eat no pork, but you know, back in the day. But I'm saying, like we got to go back to that. You got to go back to having your own livestock if you can, you know, growing your own crops if you can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can do that in the country, but you can't do that in places like Brooklyn. You can't do that in places like Queens. I mean, you do that in the country, but you can't do that in the city area.
Speaker 1: They need to be smart like everybody else to take their ass down south.
Speaker 17: Down.
Speaker 8: You can't do that place like move to Jersey or Pennsylvania somewhere. Get you a nice get you a piece of land and do something. You can grow stuff in the window in Brooklyn. Grow some tomatoes and you talk.
Speaker 7: About having pigs and chickens and tomato.
Speaker 1: You can go three tomatoes and brook Why you can't real chickens. You got a bunch of pit bulls. I bet you Brookle a full of pit bulls. You got a bunch of You got a bunch of pit bulls, and.
Speaker 4: Catch you in the middle of like mercy is crazy because like I don't like where would they eat.
Speaker 1: I ain't go from my neighbor they have a chicken though in Queens. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Always one person.
Speaker 3: Like something like, how did you get a one?
Speaker 7: You get a chicken?
Speaker 8: You can have something. You can choose to have something if you want. It's all about what you want.
Speaker 11: Well, just as if I did go down the rabbit hole of this on a little bit because I wanted to know how the lead got into the centiment, and it does have to do with how it was harvested, so that yeah, it's a real thing.
Speaker 10: Can we break down this holiday hiring now?
Speaker 5: Because I'm hearing Christmas music now, I'm seeing Christmas decorations.
Speaker 1: It's happened early and early and early.
Speaker 11: It's happening early now that guess people on Harry get through the year.
Speaker 1: But this is some good.
Speaker 11: We were heavy on the job news this morning. I wanted to make sure we end with this. At the holiday season, it's just right around the corner. Many companies are looking to fill four hundred thousand in seasonal rows of the Hollywood season and the Hollywood the Holiday season pardon me picks. An uptick is an uptick this year due to consumer spending, whether it's online or if it is in the stores. Take a listen to who was hiring.
Speaker 20: Top retailers looking to hire seasonal employees currently include Target, Cole's, Walmart, Amazon, Ups, and USPS.
Speaker 7: Many companies also offering.
Speaker 20: Perks like more pay bonuses, flexibility, and reliable hours during the holidays.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with that.
Speaker 8: First of all, I want everybody to go out there and get you a holiday job if you need it to get some extra change, right. But also I love the holiday season. I want the holiday season to last as long as possible. One of my favorite things when you travel city to city or go to other countries and see how cities have cities and countries have decorated their cities and countries for the holidays.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it too. I love it. My wife been put on Christmas like stuff right right after hallowe out.
Speaker 11: We still have a Christmas last year. Some people never take it down years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, people just turn That's just like you know what some people no.
Speaker 5: I mean when my pops used to put it up like octob no, because it was.
Speaker 1: Still a little warm.
Speaker 5: So you put it up when it's warm and you don't turn them on until Christmas time, but at least they're ready to rock and.
Speaker 8: Roll like to because you know these companies that do the lighting, they get booked up so fast.
Speaker 1: So my white people went ahead and did it early. They're not on yet.
Speaker 4: But the y'all but companies and do your lighting. Book companies and the your lighting.
Speaker 1: We support businesses supporting.
Speaker 7: You're getting money. That's regular people that.
Speaker 11: Got a major.
Speaker 7: When are you coming on?
Speaker 1: You have the treep ready, No, I got the tree up.
Speaker 11: I've never seen my tree down, charl You've never seen people like the.
Speaker 7: Money you gave money.
Speaker 11: You've never seen people keep the tree tree up. You around and you decorated with each like Easter. You put Eastern stuff.
Speaker 7: On people like that like.
Speaker 1: That's indeed.
Speaker 7: The House of Martinis too, like that is allowed.
Speaker 11: Like my cousin she decorates like every month, whatever's going on for that month. They use the tree.
Speaker 8: People are the spirited people take the tree down exactly, especially during the Black history. Most Black history. Mot tree is marijuana man, stupid marijuana playing.
Speaker 3: That'd be a dope project.
Speaker 11: You could make it marijuanda, Like you don't put a little bud.
Speaker 1: It's just festive.
Speaker 11: Some people are just festive. They like to see the tree year round.
Speaker 7: So y'all celebrate Kwanza.
Speaker 4: No, no, not that I wouldn't when Kantar, I think it's right after New Yek's Dinner's days or something before. We always, I don't know, we.
Speaker 7: Celebrate on January first.
Speaker 4: We always get together. We do like the Seven Principles of starts.
Speaker 1: On December twenty six. What are you talking about.
Speaker 4: Telling you when I celebrated. I celebrated on January first, that last day. So January person, we get together, we eat, We do the seven principles of Kwansa.
Speaker 7: We you know, we dress up.
Speaker 1: When you celebrate Google Delaware holiday different in the world. Delawar is Christmas.
Speaker 8: Christmas in Delaware is February twenty.
Speaker 11: Trying to switch it up talking about No, I'm talking about today.
Speaker 1: I celebrated Jesus. All right, Well that is front page news, Steak and tears.
Speaker 7: You have a good weekend.
Speaker 8: Come on Charlane when we can find and make sure you subscribe to Tesling Figures podcast this great shot, no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at Teslin figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 5: All right, when we come back, Marlon Waynes will be joining us. We're gonna kick up with Marlowyanes. He's doing another special and we'll talk to him next.
Speaker 1: It don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is tej n V. Charlemagne to God, Laura Larossa. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: We got Marla.
Speaker 3: Wayans Gang Gang looking at the like I'm like you were there. No, ain't.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be on that when you've been saying that last time been two years many.
Speaker 10: Kevin Hart there showing the picture looking like this is what this wall.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Look got me.
Speaker 17: It's lookdog and a lookdog anime. Not even a handsome picture of me. I ain't done something y'all made. Kevin Hart talk and y'all can't get a handsome picture of me. He has a grown ass face. Kevin looked in the face like he should be six or five.
Speaker 1: The face. Man, this is the one thing about you. Marlon. You're doing another comedy special.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: You on a run like Lil Wayne wants with music. Man was with mixtapes.
Speaker 17: Man I feel like I feel like Nas and Buster. I feel like, oh the second half. Now, this is when you really come in the own. First thirty years you learn. Now it's like, oh, I'm executing. I don't have to rehearse special for two years to get to know the special.
Speaker 16: Wo.
Speaker 3: I ain't got to take that long to write it.
Speaker 17: I've written movies since I was seventeen years old, so writing is just something I do. So I know how to write a movie. I can remember a script. So when I'm writing stand up, I didn't write it down no more. I just write it in my head and I put it away in the catalog inside my head like tapes, and I now I just know and that I make it. Things happen. I go, this is what God wants me to do, and I do a special. So I'm doing my fourth Special Good Grief for Special Good Grief at the Apollo sold out two shows. Yeah, Mama, be did I think I was gonna sell two shows?
Speaker 3: In Halem?
Speaker 17: Times is still rough in Harlem, everywhere else the world is thriving. Halem gentrification stopped in hallm And He's like, I ain't gonna work here, yo, do that other places we like regular coffee. We don't want those Starbucks. So sold out two shows at Halem and then uh yeah, man, I'm in Nayak tonight and then after that I'm gonna be where am I next week? Craig Oh, New Year's I'm gonna be in Atlanta. I got two shows at the Roxy Theater, New York Is. Get your tickets. I'll have a brand I have a brand new set. So I'm gonna do the set up the apollo. I'm gonna retire this set. I don't keep doing it until the special comes out. I retire the set the night that I do it, good night.
Speaker 5: That's my good six months to go with a new set, it's another new set.
Speaker 3: I'm a monster.
Speaker 1: So why is it called good Grief?
Speaker 17: Because it's about how I'm dealing with grief and what's good about grief and how you could it's either bad grief or good grief. I've lost fifty seven people I love in the last three years, but I still I've been through it. I've been at rock bottom. I've been in darkness. I've been in dark times. People don't know what I've been feeling. They don't know the pain that I've been going through and what's happening in my life, because I always find my smiles.
Speaker 3: But when you lose fifty seven people.
Speaker 5: That you love, fifty seven, damn fifty seven.
Speaker 17: And I'm not talking about like you know, people you knew, like I'm talking about people I love, like John Witherspoon, my mom, my dad, and I take the grief and I go, Okay, God got me here for a reason. And so I make people smile with the things that I'm hurting with and then I heal. And I want people to know that you can heal too. Find it funny, find it. I like the fact that y'all laugh about your situation you're supposed to because without that, man, it's hard to just be in it. When you get laughs, it make you come out of your own funk. And I've learned that the audience is there.
Speaker 3: They're my therapist. I've been staying on.
Speaker 17: The stage the past three years because every time they laugh, I feel like I'm getting oxygen. It lets me know that I'm alive. People, it's okay to laugh, and everything's gonna be okay. And so it's called good grief and it's dope. So it's dedication to my mom and dad. I would say it's intentional to do it in holl Yeah, my mom and dad is born and raised in Harlem. My mother actually performed at the Apollo with a sister's Amateur Night and they won with the Green Sisters, they won two times in a row. So I wanted to return to the most famous stage, to the greatest city that raised the two greatest people I know and and do my best show and dedicated to them in the memory.
Speaker 7: How'se preparation for this show going to be different with all of that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: No, it's the same.
Speaker 17: Everything's the same when you do your reps. Everything same. I'm not tripping. I'm not putting too much on it. I know I'm gonna be a little bit more emotional when it's done. You know, I'm gonna feel like Michael Jordan when he had that when he pop passed and he was holding that trophy and crying.
Speaker 1: On the floor.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna feel like that because there's a victory and honoring your parents and I had them with me for so long and being able to talk about them every day on stage was great, but also hard, so retiring that is also retiring some of.
Speaker 3: The memory of them, and it's.
Speaker 17: Gonna be emotional night. And I have a lot of family in the house. But this set, the set is crazy. I was goney, it got heart, I got it's dark, it's special.
Speaker 3: I'm if it was whack.
Speaker 17: I would tell y'all if I feel like it was garbage, if I ever feel like it's garbage.
Speaker 3: But then again, as artists, we never think it's garbage.
Speaker 7: I want to say, you're still on a stage.
Speaker 3: If you got it with garbage, I wouldn't put it out. I wouldn't do a special. I'm not rushing to do a special for what I'm only doing. I'm doing specials when it's special.
Speaker 17: And I'm doing special because I'm not gonna sit on material for five years doing the same set.
Speaker 3: When I go to your city, I want you to know, yo, he got a brand new set.
Speaker 17: Every time I go to your city, which is once a year, he got a brand new set.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of artist I want to be.
Speaker 17: I want to drop album after album after album, like you said, like Lil Wayne, like it's an album.
Speaker 3: That's what a comedy show. It's an album.
Speaker 17: So I'm dropping albums and I want people to see my progression from locush so you know what it is to.
Speaker 1: God loves me, to good grief. Every year you're.
Speaker 17: Gonna see my progression as an artist. And then one day you're like, yo, where did he come from? I've been here, y'all just discovered me.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask, is there any pressure? Because since it is so close, he heard about your family. You got family members coming, and I'm sure the closest people that will teach you the most is your family members.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: No, I think my brothers trust that I do the work right.
Speaker 17: It was one thing when they were older and when I was when they were when I when I was younger, they were trying to protect me and they know you do you know what you're stepping into.
Speaker 3: But I think after God loves me.
Speaker 17: The last special about the slap about you know, Chris Rock and Jada and Will. After they saw that, that was the first time in thirty years that my brothers was like.
Speaker 21: Damon said to Keene, he said, yo, I saw Marlins stand up. He said, what do you think?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 21: It was brilliant that little ugly is on or something?
Speaker 3: He said one because I've.
Speaker 21: Never seen it done. I never seen somebody take one little stupid topic and do a whole hour about it. But it wasn't about them. It was about him and Keen and Sony. So okay, let me see then Keen and Sony goes. I saw your special and Damon was right. It was brilliant. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 3: You changed the game.
Speaker 17: And from there that gave me a level of confidence like, Okay, now I know not their process, or you discover your own process, you come into your own. I wanted to break the mold so that I found what is Marlin. I have my own identity as far as what I'm doing in terms of specials and what my skill set is.
Speaker 3: I don't look at the next man.
Speaker 17: I don't want to do what anybody's doing, with none of my peers or people before me.
Speaker 3: I just want to do the best.
Speaker 17: Marlin that I can, and Marlin at so many different levels because I'm an actor, I'm a writer, I'm a producer. I do drama, I do comedy, I do characters. So I just I just be Marlin, and I feel like these are my best years. People have been watching me for thirty years. It's hard to see somebody grow when they're in your house every day. It's when they go away and you yo, you shot up. The weird part for me is they people been watching me grow for thirty years, and now I'm finally at that place where I feel like I'm that dude.
Speaker 5: All Right, we got more with Marlo Waans when we come back, moves, the Breakfast Club, good morning Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlmagne, the gud we are the Breakfast Club's still kicking it with Marla Wayne's Charlamagne.
Speaker 8: I'm shocked that you ain't milking it. And what I mean by that is like, you know you got this this special.
Speaker 1: Good grief. You could tore that for two years.
Speaker 8: You could have taught any of these specials for two years, got paid like a mop.
Speaker 3: Didn't do the special. Yeah, but does that make me a great artist?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Does it make me a better artist and a better writer?
Speaker 17: If I let material be disposable and create from what it's new. I can't hold on. You can't hoard material, You can't hoard life. Life brings you so much drama every day.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 17: I only got that much storage space, So I want to hurry up and talk about this because I got so many other things to talk about.
Speaker 3: There's so much.
Speaker 17: I got a great special about my brothers that I want to do. I got a call ugly Baby. I got my I know my next three special.
Speaker 1: I got a special. Wait, it's called ugly Baby.
Speaker 7: You can't just skit over like we got.
Speaker 17: That's been My production company is Ugly Baby Production because I was an ugly ass baby.
Speaker 1: Sean was a pretty baby. I was ugly Sean.
Speaker 17: Me and Sean used to have a two bang of stroller and when they see Sean, they'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh, that baby's so beautiful. I want one, and then I would move, Oh.
Speaker 17: My god, I think it after birth wearing odds gosh, I was.
Speaker 1: I was ugly baby.
Speaker 17: So I talk about me being the youngest of all my brothers in the journey of being the young Prince of Kings, and it's a beautiful hour and a dedication in the roads and toast of my brothers. I'm gonna do that one after see I I go, what's my story, and then I'm gonna do that one. That's after I do my next one, which is gonna be either probably called Skittles or Rainbow Child. I take the worst things. I used to go, what's funny about pop culture? What's funny about race?
Speaker 3: What's funny?
Speaker 17: That's that was wolkish. That's the first time I'm telling the joke. I'm arning I tell jokes. And then and you know what it is. I was like, I'm gonna tell some jokes, but I'm gonna tell some truth. And I talked about me getting caught cheating on a boat, because that happened and it messed my family up. So I was like, what's funny about that? And so that show grew into that. And then the third one was like the Slap. That wasn't about Chris will and Jada. That was about my journey knowing all of them and all the painful things that I went through in that situation, and that God really is always an individual experience for you. Whatever happens in the world is really happening for you as an individual.
Speaker 5: You never wanted to go back to the Slap. Now that she wrote the book, because I'm sure the material I could do four more hours on it after that tour she did. But here's the thing her talked about, your brother.
Speaker 3: Keenan was done.
Speaker 17: My family has been nothing but love and positivity, and Keenan used to always tell her how great she could be.
Speaker 3: And Keenan had sit down with j Love, Why do you think we are doing what we do?
Speaker 17: Because Keenan putting our head, this is what you can do if you work toward it, and even deniable force of nature he did, And keen is that dude. And Jada is a friend and Will is a friend and Jada's more my friend than Will. But I feel like this, everybody mind your business, everybody always and everybody business like yo.
Speaker 3: Social media has allowed people to creep.
Speaker 17: Into your business. That's not your fucking business. My life ain't your business.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 17: Like, it's really not. I get my jokes is your business. What I let you see is my business. But if that's their marriage, whatever they choose for their marriage and whatever they want to share, great, but it's not for us to watch their life like TV.
Speaker 1: This is people's lives.
Speaker 17: So I'm more and I think I did something right when I did my special because I didn't get no calls from Will, I didn't get no calls from Jada, I didn't get no calls from Chris, and Jada just did this tour.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear she had.
Speaker 7: Nothing she dragging?
Speaker 17: No why because Jada knows I love her. Jada knows I came from love. But she also knows that get crazy Marlin just he off. He just gonna say what he gonna say. But it's always with love. So it's not about I wasn't being hateful, angry or bitter. I was just telling funny truths.
Speaker 8: Ugly babies might be off you to do because the brother's got to be there, right, So keen that pressure, like actually sitting there watching you.
Speaker 3: No, they ain't gonna be there.
Speaker 17: I hope we do a tour together and I get to do my set with about them with them there. So I mean they they know I love them, and when I do it, they gonna they know it's love. It's gonna be truth. It's gonna be funny, but it's gonna be love. And then Skittles or Rainbow Child is about my my daughter. I have a daughter that transition into a son, My my my daughter, My is now Kai true and so yeah, and so I talk about the transition, not her transit, their transition, but my transition as a parent, going from ignorance and denial to complete, unconditional, loving acceptance. And I think there's a lot of parents out there that need to have that message.
Speaker 3: And I know I'm dealing with it.
Speaker 17: It was a very painful situation for me, but man, it's one of the best funniest hours I probably could ever imagine.
Speaker 10: I can't see that child come up to you and ask you, because you joke too much.
Speaker 5: So I can see a child say, Dad, I'm thinking of transitioning, and I could just see you take nothing serious.
Speaker 3: I always joke. They know.
Speaker 17: I told my daughter and I said, you transition into your brother. You look just like him. See I can't tell like I swear to God twenty three and twenty one. But they're brilliant. They don't change, brilliant, most well read, the smartest ways, smartest hands down. This this my dude. I'm still working on the program.
Speaker 7: That changed dude.
Speaker 1: They let mean, you know, they know, they know I love. They see me.
Speaker 3: Try and they're like, I'm happy.
Speaker 17: But I gotta respect their wishes, right and and and that takes as a parent.
Speaker 3: I just want my kids to be free.
Speaker 17: I want them to be free in spirit, free in thought, free to be themselves. The more you know yourself, the more you can govern yourself, the more you live your truth, the happier your existence. So if they can't get that in the household with their father and their mother, how to do I send them out into the.
Speaker 1: World to with that kind of confidence?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 17: And I'm just so proud of them for being them. But that don't mean that they ain't got jokes.
Speaker 5: We got more with Marla Wayans when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning. Everybody is the j n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's still kicking it with Marla Wayans.
Speaker 4: Thinking about it the way you just put it, we need like we need comedians to be able to do that type of thing, absolutely, because laughter kind of opens up conversations. But people, people will take things, they will twist things. But how do you think comedy gets back to that.
Speaker 3: I think it takes people like me.
Speaker 7: It is not bad. People are still like.
Speaker 17: Chappelle, people like you know, Chris, you know people that don't give a I don't give I.
Speaker 3: Said it, I meant it.
Speaker 17: If you cancel me, good, I didn't want your assent my show anyway, Because real ones don't cancel you. The people and you say it, the people that love you, they come into your show and they bringing a friend. So dis cancel culture started when social media started, right, social media is not real people. These are bots from other countries sitting behind computers taking away our first right as Americans, which is freedom of speech. They're attacking us, and we're so stupid that we pick up on it, and the media picks up on it.
Speaker 3: And then they make this a story. And then now the corporations get.
Speaker 17: Scared, and the people that the sponsors get scared, and then they want to take away your job, my job. They want to take away our job because they want to take away our mouthpiece, because they want to kill our freedom of speech.
Speaker 3: And we are all stupid sheep that are following this damn thing.
Speaker 17: And I'm just like yo that I'm gonna say what I gotta say because I know I'm saying it with love. I missed the seventies when you could just say I miss I like my old racism.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 17: I love when the Puerto Rican talks a bad about the Dominican. It makes my dad. I like what they call them, yes, because they are.
Speaker 8: I feel like the world was a better place to me when everybody was more free with their speech.
Speaker 1: The world is like a better place. Yes, I think everybodyybody scared.
Speaker 17: I say, take it back to the block man, and uh, let's get back to laughing.
Speaker 3: And I have a bit in my set that I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: It's dark.
Speaker 17: I have some dark jokes, like, but it's okay because I feel like if I'd say one day, a dark joke is gonna save your life because you're gonna be in a bad place in your life and the only way to get out of it is to look at it and find hum and laugh your way out of it. Because depression is real. Like will slap Chris. I got scared? Why because I seen somebody snap mental illness. You put the world on you. Check on your strong friends, check on your strong friends. That was a snap moment.
Speaker 8: I was like, Oh, he ain't laughed in a while, right, right, So we should be concerned instead of frying people.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, dude, are you good?
Speaker 3: Like we don't.
Speaker 17: People go through things and we put so much on us, but you don't know how I'm feeling inside.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 17: And sometimes like you joking with him, yo, you'd be like not now. But party was like, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: I need that. I need that. They don't have him doing so awesome. I need you to do.
Speaker 1: I'm dark.
Speaker 3: I need some dark. Come on now, you and these white collar crimes.
Speaker 1: I need some dark. Come on. Your name is Charlamagne?
Speaker 3: Shoot somebody.
Speaker 8: Now, what about when you got into the situation that United Airlines they wearing that.
Speaker 3: You saying you like a little bit of my racism, but it was But see that was targeting, right.
Speaker 17: If I'm a first class customer, I went on the plane, I was minding my business. I had a hat on, so he didn't know it was me. You know I had I was minding my business. I had my three bags. One was empty because just in case I get an act like him that goes, you gotta put that bag with that bag or I use that bag to take my clothes when I'm going from show to the hotel. So he's like he had three bags. He's like, you can't come on here with three bags. I said, listen, I'm first class. I don't care what class you're in. You can't come on with those three bags. I said, Okay, coach. He goes, you're gonna have to eagle. You're gonna have to condense those.
Speaker 3: So I took the bag. I complied, it's all on video. I said.
Speaker 17: Cool, I said, And then he looked at the bag, goes. I said, now it's two bags. He goes, yeah, well, now that bag looks a little big. We're gonna have to check that. I looked at this, I said, I looked at my ticket. I said, see, now you're just cooking with me.
Speaker 3: I grabbed my ticket and I walked on the plane. He tried to jump on my back.
Speaker 17: I just went like this and he fell off to the ground, looking silly and goofy, and I went on the plane. He tried to jump on your back, jump my back, and I just was like whatever, and I didn't push nothing. He tried to say I assaulted him, and the cops was like yeah. They was like, this is not sir, for your clearly, this is not assault.
Speaker 1: We watched the video.
Speaker 17: They went and they got me off the plane. I didn't make no funk, no nothing. Can I talk to you, sir, sir, I complied. I talked to them and they was like, you know, he wants to press the charge and I'm like, how does he get to press charges on me when I didn't do anything?
Speaker 3: He was messing with me and I was being harassed and so I didn't like it.
Speaker 17: And so what I did was I used my mouthpiece. I used my social media to be like, yo, this is unfair. And they watched the footage and then then the Denver City District Attorney they saw it and it was like, yeah, this is nonsense.
Speaker 3: They dismissed the case.
Speaker 17: United owes me some compensation because their human resources call me up and try to defend their policy. Well, you know you can't have three bags, bitch. I didn't have three bags. I condensed it to two.
Speaker 3: You can't, I said, when what happened, the customer is always right.
Speaker 17: I said, y'all treating me like I did something bad and I have not gotten compensation, and I'm like, yo, I got white on them.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna write a letter to the CEL That's what I'm gonna.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna DM. I'm gonna DN the CeAl dear mister United Airlines. But he didn't DM me back.
Speaker 3: But you know it's cool.
Speaker 7: They still didn't like, like what do you so?
Speaker 4: I know that in the filing that you recently fooled, you talked about like there's there's arrows pointed to all the people that were able to get on the plane before you're able to write with three bads exactly right, and your filing.
Speaker 7: What are you looking for from this? Like what's justice for you in the situation?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know something.
Speaker 17: First of all, they made me miss a show to show and I hate that, and I mean there was a lot of disgruntle fans and I get sad for them. I'm like, you know, whoever missed that show? Y'all need to go send those people on free on a free trip somewhere. You need to gather all those people up. It was only like, I don't know, seven hundred people. Gather those people up and give them free vouchers somewhere. That's first and foremost. And then I don't know, we'll talk about me. Y'all owe me some money, and uh, I should know. I should be first class for life. They should give me a seat and they're playing in the back of the damn h first class. I want to now I'm we love the first first one. I hate that why they even do that.
Speaker 18: I like that.
Speaker 3: So when I sit first class up and that I put my feet on the wall.
Speaker 17: And then but I feel real, real suspect doing that and the thing about it's uncomfortable, and then yeah, so uh yeah, I mean they owe me some conversation, they owe me some some talk. It was unfair, and uh it's unfortunate. I stopped dragging the airline and then they just kept getting in trouble by themselves. So I just, you know, I hope it gets remedied. I'm not trying to go to war. I just I go to war for what's right.
Speaker 16: And I was, I was.
Speaker 17: That was definitely wrong, and I stood up for myself. You know, I'm not a trouble maker. I talk, I'm not a trouble maker. I don't get in trouble.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not that dude.
Speaker 16: I don't.
Speaker 17: I don't get rowdy if I get in a fight. I want you to know I really felt threatened. I really felt threatened because I know how to I know how to fight.
Speaker 1: Look like you buked up too, man, I know how to fight. I'll do my muy time I could throw.
Speaker 17: So I'm only gonna do it if I feel threatened, or if you feel like my family's threatened.
Speaker 3: Other than that, or you hit me. Now we gotta fight. But other than that, I could walk away.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 17: I'd rather shake your hand and keep it love. Man, It's all good, my band. I didn't mean step on your Jordan's here. How about you knew one by the way.
Speaker 1: You was here over the summer.
Speaker 8: Mallan, you ain't sweat one time, but now it's the fall and you sweating. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: It's this room, it's the hot seat. I'll be at this woman asking me Angela. She she asked me all this.
Speaker 1: Damn. I'm sorry, but you ask you all.
Speaker 3: These questions about United and the and the white man. What they want to crash my plane? You know what I mean, nervous and you asked me about skills. I know your baby.
Speaker 13: I'm joking.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, brother, I appreciate you all. Golood Marlon Wayne's it's the breakfast Club. Good morning, Yes, sir, morning everybody. It's d J n V.
Speaker 10: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hopefully you enjoy your friend. You don't let me get my brother a hug man, my brother, Why.
Speaker 1: Are you doing that?
Speaker 7: What happened?
Speaker 1: What did I mean?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 9: This product?
Speaker 1: I give a hug man? You just want to hug?
Speaker 7: There you go go why are you hugging him?
Speaker 18: Look?
Speaker 1: Look at all this no reason.
Speaker 10: On my sho Let me see there's no there's no.
Speaker 1: Cut. Grow up man.
Speaker 7: I'm going to confirm the rumors. It's definitely.
Speaker 12: It's no.
Speaker 7: You don't use Beijing, okay, but.
Speaker 1: It's a die. It's a die.
Speaker 7: That's wrong with that. If you had a hairline, you would die.
Speaker 8: Too, wouldn't If it's barely that's barely there?
Speaker 1: Well they there? All right, Well let's get to rumors. Come on, I just trying to get the brother hug and I can get. I think a lot of.
Speaker 7: People will recognize the voice in the.
Speaker 1: Nature on the Breakfast Club, Lauren came in hot, You're not.
Speaker 7: So Jelly roll.
Speaker 4: He recently won Best New Artists at the Country Music Awards, and when he won his award, his speech is a super Bowl right now because of how heartfelt it was.
Speaker 7: He took the people to church. We have the audio.
Speaker 19: I got a thousand people to thank you, but most importantly, my lord and my wife I love you so much.
Speaker 3: You changed my life.
Speaker 19: Paper Megan Parker Haley, I love all y'all were friends, and Zach Bryan. I think you were one of the hottest things on earth, not just country music. You deserve this as much as anybody else.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 19: I'm glad we're sitting there party and the rest of the night.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 19: But most importantly, there is something poetic about a thirty nine year old man winning New Artists of the Year.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you're at in your life or what you're going through, but I.
Speaker 1: Want to tell you to keep going. Davy. Now, I want to tell you success is on the.
Speaker 3: Other side of them on.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to tell you what's gonna be Okay, I'm gonna tell you that the winds said that's been up in the will mirror.
Speaker 3: Third Patient, Come on, it's so much more pun Come on behind you, Black.
Speaker 5: Party, drop wing to Cluse Bumps and Jelly Road that made me want to a tie offering.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something just felt good.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm saying at church.
Speaker 8: You know Jelly Rod used to be down three six mile. Yes, Jelly Roll a little white and I forgot who the other guy was. They all used to be a group and they used to be down with three six month. I want to see him go from that, you know, to what he's doing now phenomenal. And he's got one of my favorite records that I just got put onto. I think I almost that was last year or earlier this year, but that saved me record my jelly roll.
Speaker 1: Lord have mercy come on now.
Speaker 4: And to be able to do things across genres is big too, And that's really the awards for you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonclude shout out to him. Good brother.
Speaker 4: So Nicki Minaj did a shoot with Vogue. She did a cover story with Vogue, and in the cover story, she got into a lot of things into her marriage, being a mom, but.
Speaker 7: She also talked about her drug addiction.
Speaker 4: So during the conversation, she talked about how she would intentionally avoid doing drugs during her career because her dad had a really bad addiction to weed, crack, and alcohol. So, you know, early on that just showed her like, Okay, these are the things that I don't want to do. But she said at one point in her career she was prescribed percocets for period or from instrum cramps, and she began taking them, but she didn't know at that time that like you could get addicted to them. She said she was taking them for the penning in the beginning, and then eventually found herself taking them when she didn't need to, and no one told her that this was a narcotic, that was this addictive. But luckily she was able to ground herself. But once she did, she says, once an addict, always an addict. She said, you know, I feel like if you're if you're, if you've ever experienced addiction to anything, which she has, you always have to think twice and sometimes even three times about the choices that you make. So it seems like, you know, she went, you know, in and out of addiction when it comes to perks, which she spoke about this uh before as well too. But she also talked about the fact that celebrities are very much more prone to drug addiction because of you know, like everything that they have going on in the public eye, and they use it as a coping Megan, God, deal with I feel like it's you, Like I feel like a lot of.
Speaker 7: Times it's you.
Speaker 16: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: And your commentary on people you just drive them.
Speaker 8: Don't you do that, lord, because you stop used to work at TEMs and you cut it out. How many people y'all drove crazy over at t y'all, I don't know what you You had the whole news room you were bringing up.
Speaker 1: Why are you bringing up? Girls?
Speaker 16: Girls?
Speaker 1: Girls?
Speaker 3: Lord? We left church.
Speaker 1: We did just leave church for jelly roll.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 7: You want to know people that go to brunch and get lit after you leave church?
Speaker 1: And what is wrong with that? Why are you judging?
Speaker 6: I'm not judging because drunk from the night before you go club. You came in here the other night, I mean that morning, not the other morning, yesterdayesterday morning. You came straight from the club here you was drunk.
Speaker 1: I know you don't. Did that you drink up head to keep the party going? Yes, you even know that part.
Speaker 14: I know you.
Speaker 4: First of all, if it's drink the wine and communion, it's a great juice.
Speaker 7: But if it's the next day, that doesn't count as drunk. That's like what, I don't know, like adjacent, I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, I was joking with you, But but this this was a really good interview too, because she talked about like being married and how like I don't know. She always kind of thought at one point that you couldn't balance, like the family and the career and all that stuff.
Speaker 7: So she's opening up a bit. This was a good cover for her.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what they try to tell women in the industry. Crazy party. They used to tell men that too. Women. They used to tell men not the way they we wasn't ring y'all kind of stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But got to give the remain but to say, it's different for y'all because y'all can't balance, but because they want people to want you guys. So it's remarketable. Yes, sir, so shout out to Nikky for open up and talking about some things.
Speaker 8: It's say, don't ever forget Sewond Peter three eight. I just want to throw that out there since we were talking about jelly ro.
Speaker 7: How you know, Tewond Peter three eight.
Speaker 8: God had his God has his own sense of time in Lauren, Okay, with the Lord of days, like a thousand years and a thousand years of like a day. God has perfect timing, never early, never late. God is never in a hurry, but always on time. I truly thank God for it all.
Speaker 5: Thank you God, Amen, that is your rumor report. Now who you're giving your donkey too? Listen, we need a brother named Herman J. McMillan, who has no concept of time, Okay, to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with him.
Speaker 8: Since we speaking about church, let's talk about another cultural institution.
Speaker 5: That means so much the people in the South. Chick fil a pig Wiggly. Yes, we'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that. NeXT's the breakfast lugod Morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 8: Jack Hollow, This white man gonna have us thinging about wits and change. Man, Jack Hollow, I know you mean well, but Lord.
Speaker 1: Have mercy.
Speaker 7: I'm getting stock on syndrome.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I need a nap. I feel too woken. I was born in Donkey. It's the Donkey of the death.
Speaker 7: That's Devil.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Yes, Donkey today for Friday, November tenth. Let me make sure I'll be getting the date all wrong.
Speaker 7: It's Friday, No, it is.
Speaker 1: It is Friday November tenth. It goes to Herman J. McMillan.
Speaker 8: All right, he's sixty six years old and lives in Mobile, Alabama. Now sixty six not old depending on how you've been taking care of yourself, but this man sounds like an old sixty six year old. We know the difference between a Bibran sixty six and a senior citizen sixty six.
Speaker 1: Steve Obvious sixty six, drop on the clues bombs from Unk.
Speaker 10: All right, shout to unkle.
Speaker 1: Unk's still out here, moving and grooving, wheeling and dealing.
Speaker 8: Him and his beautiful wife Marjorie, matching from head to toe, looking like a true pal Okay, but that don't mean they don't get tired.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 8: I'm forty five and I can't do anything without a nap, including but not limited to watching TV. I tried to watch an episode of Loki season two last night on Disney Plus, and I woke up and had to rewind it because I fell asleep.
Speaker 1: And guess what, I fell asleep on the rewind too.
Speaker 8: Okay, I need resting naps as much as possible at forty five, so I can imagine that sixty six is even worse.
Speaker 1: And that's what I think happened in the case of Herman J. McMillan.
Speaker 16: See.
Speaker 8: Herman was in Mobile, Alabama, walking around a cultural institution that you city slickers up north don't know nothing about. And that culture institution is called Pigley Wigley. Dropping the clues bombs for Pigligny, Pigle Wiggily. The only time you want to ever hear me speak about pig lovingly is when I'm discussing Wilbur from Charlotte's Web in Pigley Wiggy. Yes, sirs, y'all ain't never went to Piglewiggy and got a box of whole meal cream pots when they was ninety nine cents a dollar five with tax, okay, and a bottle of generic brand orange and grape soda that was also ninety nine cents, you know.
Speaker 1: A dollar five with tax. Y'all ain't never had none of those experiences.
Speaker 8: But that was one of the small joys of growing up in the nineteen hundreds down south, dropping the clothes bombs for all of us.
Speaker 1: Who got blas blessed.
Speaker 8: I tell you to have that experience, okay. And herman was and I want you all to know, Lawyer thought pig Wiggly was the chicken place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said. I ain't never ate that.
Speaker 7: It just clicked to me that it's a grocery st grocery show.
Speaker 1: She said, what they serve chicken chicken wiggly.
Speaker 7: It's the South.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 7: You get chicken pigs feet all in one place, true truth.
Speaker 16: All go.
Speaker 3: I'll go.
Speaker 8: Now, herman was in Pigley Wiggly and he must have gotten tired. Okay, I'm looking at the news report and it said it happened around two thirty PM. Those is prime time nap hours for some people. Care a lot of us, depending on our schedules, we probably waking up about fifteen to thirty minutes before two thirty because we got to pick the kids up from school.
Speaker 1: Okay, moms know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: The mothers who are blessed enough to be stay at home moms, the CEOs of our households. They might try to catch a napping around one, get a nice little hour in ten minutes, then wake up around two ten to get the kids from school. And it depends how fall away to school is. I'm just trying to paint the picture of how tired herman might have been. Okay, he's sixty six. Now what happens next makes zero sense, but it would make a little sense if he didn't leave the premises. What you mean, uncle charlet, if he didn't leave the premises. Let's go to Fox ten News for the report.
Speaker 22: Police MPD officers involved in a theft and a chase in Southomobile after a grocery store heist.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't what you think.
Speaker 22: The manager of the Pickley Whigley her Navko called police yesterday about a guy who swiped one of their electric riding shopping carts and sped away. Well as fast as the thing goes. I that's get its selling. Fox to the News. They caught up with Hermon McMillan pretty quick. He was that's a hard to spot since he was riding the only shopping guard on that go. McMillan was arrested the cart returned to the store.
Speaker 1: Now listen, man, you tie it. You're sixty six electric shopping cart in piggle wiggily.
Speaker 8: You get in it to ride around buying your foods with little to no added sugar, okay, saturated fats and sodium. You know you over sixty stuff. You know you gotta buy stuff to keep the LDL cholesterol down. You're riding around in the electric shopping cart. Purchasing items that will get you enough protein. You know, during your day to maintain your muscle mass, you got to focus on the nutrients you need, including potassium and calcium and vitamin D, the dietary fiber, vitamin B twelve. Don't forget your baby aspiring. You gotta take your baby aspirin in the morning, you're stating in the evening, and keep you cholesterol levels down. So why, Herman, why would you do anything in that moment to raise your blood pressure? Okay, you know, damn well, you had no business driving off in pigle Wiggily's electric shopping cart. Now, witnesses saw him driving away in the cart. You just heard that on the news report. They provided police with a description, and police went after him. Didn't take long to catch them because the cart has the top speed of two point five miles per hour. Okay, they don't know where Herman was headed. He lived over a mile away, so he could have made it. But why Okay, let me tell you why. It's something about humans.
Speaker 1: Okay, humans always need something to do, because an idle mind for a human is literally the devil's playground.
Speaker 8: Hermann was just bored. Okay, I'm looking at his mugshot. He just wanted some excitement.
Speaker 1: He had an outstanding warrant for possession of a controlled substance.
Speaker 8: This man wanted to be high. If he can't get high on drugs, he gonna get high off life. He just wanted a rush. And when he walked in that pig with Wiggly and saw that electric shopping cart that has a top speed of two point five miles.
Speaker 1: For hour, he says, that's the rush I desire.
Speaker 8: Now he's in jail, he actually has a quart appearance today, and he doesn't need to be charged with a crime. He needs to be given a job. And you know who should hire him, Pigley, God damn Wiggly. All right, let him back some grossleies. Let him smile and meet people, even if he don't got no teeth. Okay, find this man something to do, mean time. Please give herman Jay McMillan the sweets out of the Hamilton's.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dog the day, the dog all the day.
Speaker 7: Ye look, old herman man, God bless the elders.
Speaker 1: God bless him.
Speaker 8: That's a hard sixty six though, Look at him, and then look at the ol g's like the Steve Harvey's and all senior Hall.
Speaker 1: That's a hard sixty six.
Speaker 10: And we should have played a game before you showed us that pick.
Speaker 1: Why we gonna play a game?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: How'd you know?
Speaker 16: How you know?
Speaker 1: How do you know that was how you prop? How do you know?
Speaker 3: How do you know?
Speaker 1: Long talk to us about how you said it racially profile. Lord talked to me.
Speaker 7: I can't I can't race. I can't racially profile.
Speaker 1: You know, how did you know?
Speaker 7: Well, when I thought pigley wiggly, I don't.
Speaker 10: Think white people shopping pick.
Speaker 1: No, white people definitely shop that pig.
Speaker 7: No, in my mind, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I thought was the chicken spot where you could go grab the pig feet and the chiplins at the same time.
Speaker 8: So when you think chicken, pig feed chikay've never heard white white people, white people smelling chip liens coming from the slave quarter.
Speaker 1: They was like, what was dak? Absolutely, listen, I've.
Speaker 4: Never met a white person that eats chitlings. And first of all, I don't think I want to do they season them.
Speaker 10: Right, Lauren?
Speaker 1: Lauren, nobody wants to admit it, but everybody racially profile.
Speaker 7: I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Part. I'm more.
Speaker 7: I'm more.
Speaker 4: I'm more interested in meeting a white person that eats chitlins. I'm sure and understanding how they clean and season them.
Speaker 1: Give me your Twitter, Laurence, So all the white people that eat.
Speaker 4: Chittens, Lauren la Rosa, please send me videos of your final product.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, do y'all have onions potatoes in it?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 18: Like?
Speaker 7: How are y'all cooking your chickens?
Speaker 1: They eat it raw. That's the version of sushi.
Speaker 4: Y'all, this is not I'm so serious. You got a season and cook chillens a certain way. Yes, that's how I know this ain't right.
Speaker 1: You eat chitlings?
Speaker 7: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: But my family, my grandmother and my family there from the South, so they do fat back scrapple.
Speaker 7: Grow up all that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Fourteen they said you should not eat pork. None of the lotus said you should do everything. You shouldn't eat pork.
Speaker 8: Nonetheless, I don't know about trust the Bible coming up from you, I don't know you shouldn't need.
Speaker 7: I'm deeming profiling right now.
Speaker 10: Trust bacon tastes good.
Speaker 1: Bro, heard you.
Speaker 7: I do turkey baking too, But yeah.
Speaker 10: You're from New York eat the bacon, egg and cheese.
Speaker 7: But all right, we moving on.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that done.
Speaker 5: Get to day, sir. When we come back, Lola Brook will be joining us. Our albums out today.
Speaker 10: Don't play with it, don't play with it, don't play with it. Glue it in, pp Et Breasts, slugg the Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Want everybody's d j.
Speaker 5: En Vy Charlamagne de god Ni La Simone. We all the Breakfast Club. And we got special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: We got load Labrook. Welcome.
Speaker 23: Tell him your real name, though, tell him it's low La book because you've been booking.
Speaker 7: Busy all year. Yeah, it's been a little crazy, but I ain't complaining.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it getting money.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm making money. I'm making money.
Speaker 1: Making new album. Then his daughter is out right now explain that title.
Speaker 7: Then his daughter.
Speaker 23: Okay, So I'm a lonely child raised by a single parent, my mom. But I used to hang out with my father here and there, here pick me up from school, and everybody will always say little D. It will call me little D when they see me with my father or then his daughter or whatever fits.
Speaker 24: They would always just add him into my nickname.
Speaker 23: And I love this so much, so now I get to like relive it because my father is deceased now, so I can't get that those moments back, but I'm like creating new moments and I still feel like he's still around.
Speaker 1: So was that like the inspiration behind the song Vacant Heart as well?
Speaker 23: Vacant Heart was me just benting. I I felt empty, pockets, empty, heart empty. You so feel empty sometimes, like you just don't know that.
Speaker 7: I gotta be an old record because your pocket is not empty.
Speaker 1: Some people doing good.
Speaker 23: But is it an older record though, because it sounds like it, you know it was a time before now. Honestly, I did that record this year. So basically this whole entire project is me just reflecting on my life as I'm coming up. So I finally felt comfortable enough to finally just talk about my true feelings and what I was going through.
Speaker 7: So Vacant Heart is pretty pretty new.
Speaker 1: Was that a tough song to record?
Speaker 19: It was?
Speaker 23: It was so fast, like fifteen thirty minutes, like straight through, But that's just how you record, because I've been in the studio with you. You take like five minutes, then go lay it and then you're done.
Speaker 24: And it's crazy because after I was taking long, I'm like dad night lett here, she probably like.
Speaker 7: Yo, you not you still not finish yet?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're a beast with that.
Speaker 1: But emotionally was it tough though I wasn't in the room.
Speaker 23: See when I'm recording, I don't really be in the room with a lot of people, so I'm very much comfortable. And whoever's in the room, I probably have been in a vulnerable space around them already.
Speaker 24: And then the engineer, I don't see the engineer like.
Speaker 10: Now, let's start from the beginning for people that don't know Lola Brook.
Speaker 1: Where did you?
Speaker 10: Where did you get your start from? Why did you start rapping?
Speaker 1: And how did you get your deal?
Speaker 23: Honestly speaking, I always say rap chose me. I didn't choose rap. It was just always there. And the people's like the citizens of New York City was just like, yo, look, listen you nice.
Speaker 24: I noticed a hobby for you, but you should take it serious.
Speaker 10: So what were you doing between that? Because you said it was a hobby, So what else were you doing?
Speaker 23: Just working a nine to five? Like I was always a nine to five girl. As soon as I turned eighteen, The first thing I did.
Speaker 7: Was go get a job.
Speaker 1: That was your first job, Little Caesars. God is so amazing. God's sense of human.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 23: So I would just go to the studio just for a hobby. I started taking this serious. It's another artist from Brooklyn, his name Bleazy. He wanted to do a song with me, so I featured a song on him. I went to the studio. I ended up bumping into his team Team eighty, my mentor eighty. I met him and then just being around knowing like.
Speaker 24: Oh, okay, this how music videos go. This is how the studio process go.
Speaker 23: Like you get to like relax because when I was going to the studio two hours that's it.
Speaker 24: It was like forty dollars an hour.
Speaker 7: I got eighty dollars and that's it.
Speaker 23: But with Thumb, they was just so relaxed and everybody was just so creative. And I fell in love with it and I was like, wow, so this really is my destiny.
Speaker 8: And you got such a big voice. Is that something that's natural or something you practice? Because you know you are the smallest you wanted to sound.
Speaker 24: I mean, when I'm mad, I talk like this, it's my mad voice.
Speaker 7: My rat voice is my mad voice. So it's still me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to go back a little season, back to.
Speaker 23: Your rat voice the ad lib, because I feel like your ad lib is infamous. How did you come up with that? I always wanted to stamp. I always wanted to stamp to I'm small, so I always want to be heard. So I was thinking to myself, like I need to find out a way to be heard without being seen or my presence is not in the room. And I sat with it for a very long time, so it started off as I do huh, then when don't play with it? When I listened to the beat, it just came out I'm like just stuttering or something, and it felt good.
Speaker 7: So and then now it's that's like my Batman call.
Speaker 8: Regardless of the voice, you still have a big personality, Like when you walk in the room, you can feel your presence.
Speaker 1: When did you first become aware of that presence?
Speaker 7: My mom been telling me that since I came out with the womb, like just leave my child alone, like they act like they I.
Speaker 23: Would go any My mom would take me on trips and people would be so fascinated with me, and my mom would be so confused, like why they keep walking up to you, like just asking me random questions, or just attachment, like people would have attachment to me when I walk in the room with my presence. But I just I never thought anything of it. I just was being myself, and little did I know I was a whole artist.
Speaker 5: Did you have relationships with a lot of the Brooklyn artists beforehand? Because when the record started the pop, I started seeing so many artists bringing you out on their sets, whether it was Kim or whoever may be. Did you have those relationships beforehand?
Speaker 24: No music broke me into these relationships.
Speaker 23: See me, I was so more. I was more focused on my craft. I went and like hang out so much. I was always in the studio, literally sleeping, waking up in the studio, So I didn't really get.
Speaker 24: To mingle as much as other artists did.
Speaker 23: I was just working on my craft so and I finally felt like I had a good body of work to put out.
Speaker 7: Then that's when I was going outside.
Speaker 23: And then don't play with it start taking off and I started building my relationship.
Speaker 5: With all that supported you the most when he first started popping, but before or right when they don't play where it came.
Speaker 23: Out it's a mixture of it's I don't I can't even cool that. What I can say is Meek called it out from jump like twenty seventeen. Meek was like my first co sign ever.
Speaker 1: So just a tweet, he just tweeted something said, yeah, like.
Speaker 23: He would comment on my stuff. He will post me his peopil's will post me as well.
Speaker 24: He will say it in his stories or just anything like that any way to be supportive within social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was. He tried to sign YouTube. Yeah, he was already signed at the time.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it was like when the when the when the talks really came down to it was like it's already done.
Speaker 7: It's aready done bro damn Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hi, we got more with Lola Brook when we come back don't move. Let's get into her single, It's the Breakfast Levet, good Morning. That was Lola Brook. She's in the building. Her album's out today. We are the Breakfast Club Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: On Vicant Heart, you said you was heartbroken when your mom left for Atlanta. Yes, why didn't you go to her? Or did you?
Speaker 23: Because that was I felt like that was my moment to grow. I wanted to have some type of growth. I wanted her to trust me. I wanted her to feel safe, to what do what makes her happy, because I.
Speaker 7: Can't stop my mom from this. This was one of her dreams.
Speaker 23: You know, a New York always go to get a house in Atlanta. This was part of my mom dreaming. Even if I ain't understand it. That wasn't my place to like not give her the support. So I just was like, you know what, when she left, I cried like a baby.
Speaker 9: Oh you.
Speaker 7: D how how long has it been? I don't know, but this was like years ago, three four years ago, apper ten years ago, three four years ago, No, it was like three four years ago.
Speaker 8: Well the rapper Atlanta is like the mecca of hip hop right now, So you didn't want to, you know what, like maybe I should go to Atlanta too, And yeah.
Speaker 7: But I'm the only child. You gotta understand.
Speaker 23: My mom treats me like she's gonna treat me like a baby forever. And I had to stand on my two feet and figure it out. So I didn't know what I was gonna do. She was telling me like she left the uh, she left the apartment for me. It was on section eight. I ended up being on section eight. So I still couldn't even really like pay my rent. But I was telling her like I'm good, like I got an income, like I'm straight, like.
Speaker 7: You could go, and she was like okay, but it was all it was.
Speaker 1: It was by yourself.
Speaker 7: Yeah damn, But.
Speaker 23: I like that section is in there somewhere, somewhere in this project You're going here section night. It definitely is an adjustment when you leave home or when home leaves you. I think people like sleep on that, but it definitely pushes you. Like when my parents left me for college, like they move me in and left, it didn't really resonate like oh y'all are leaving, like I got to stay.
Speaker 7: Here and do everything myself.
Speaker 24: But yes, you're never too old to like have for that reality check.
Speaker 23: It's like the little things that I peat with my moms that she would she wouldn't think that I know how to cook and I had to show her like one things given I like cook things given meal, like no, I know how to cook.
Speaker 24: So that right there was me thinking to myself, Oh, she don't.
Speaker 23: Like she think I'm still her baby, Like she don't know that I'm grown and I could take care of myself that was like, yo, you know what, just leave my I don't want.
Speaker 1: You to, but you got to stand at the stool, standing on a stool at the stool or.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you know what you do.
Speaker 7: I'm told you right now, you know how to.
Speaker 3: She's telling them, what did you do with.
Speaker 10: Your first check when you got your first check? Because it was on section A. What did you do when you got your first check?
Speaker 1: Where did it go?
Speaker 7: My first check? I let go section.
Speaker 23: I let go section eight and I got an apartment and I saved up. I saved my money like I didn't go splurgeon or anything like that. I gave my moms a couple of dollars to of course, and that was it.
Speaker 1: What was your first check off? Was a show? Was it screaming?
Speaker 16: Or was it?
Speaker 3: I mean it was like.
Speaker 23: Brown people bags, you know, like go hostings and stuff like that. I think, sorry to go back and don't play with it, but I just want a rough neck on the tongue. It's such an infamous line. Now, is that what you're looking for in the man? Like, what are the things that Lola is looking for? Because now you're in a new place. I know you're not having a hard time finding somebody to come as the same question.
Speaker 7: Right, you want a rough neck?
Speaker 1: I mean a rough neck on the tongue?
Speaker 7: Do good at all? I can tell you?
Speaker 1: Or jes means what what? What?
Speaker 7: What's what you underlining? And what were you circling?
Speaker 1: Okay on the tongue like.
Speaker 17: Like with his.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 14: You know what?
Speaker 23: I'm gonna break the ice today. And I know a lot of people, but you're definitely right. That's that's that was the first idea of it.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 7: A lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 1: But you on the tongue means on your tongue.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'm like, I'm confused.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, now you confusing rough neck?
Speaker 7: You want a tongue? I always thought this whole time.
Speaker 24: You just want to send me automatic with a drum, ask me if I'm finished. Not That whole line was about four play.
Speaker 23: Oh yeah, an if I'm finished nine, But I just begun.
Speaker 24: I ain't giving out, no no need to know, just for fun.
Speaker 7: No you don't. But that's a whole four play.
Speaker 1: I just her giving yeah.
Speaker 23: But but honestly, it goes for both. But the first thought of it was, yeah, but it goes for both. It's four play.
Speaker 1: The whole.
Speaker 24: First bar right now, the first four bars is four play.
Speaker 7: I knew it was four player.
Speaker 23: I just I looked at it as receiving back and forth though, No, I just want to broth on the tongue. He just wanted to see me automatic would have Drone asked me if I'm finished? Nah, we just were gunn giving out no nunnies and just for fun, you dumb like.
Speaker 7: We ain't here for no reason? Got it? You should have did the genius little breakdown like I'm trying to keep it. But you know I tried to keep it PG, you know, so, yeah, but you did a good job of that. Can you tell us what are you looking for?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 24: What is looking for?
Speaker 2: Is it just that.
Speaker 7: Reinsurance?
Speaker 23: I want to feel protected even if he's not around. I want a gentleman, and of course the gangster for sure, but a former gangster.
Speaker 1: A former a reformed gangster.
Speaker 24: Yeah yeah, yeah understood, And because.
Speaker 1: They work hard. So salute to everybody over there.
Speaker 7: Lola really want.
Speaker 1: That name like that just the beginning, that's beauty, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's just the beginning. I'm just grateful to be here.
Speaker 1: What did your mom saying that my mom is just so excited.
Speaker 7: She's oh my god. I'd be like, my, okay, it's not that serious.
Speaker 24: She was like, girls, you crazy, you is you is a star, You're talented, and I'd be like, oh, man, come on mine, But she was.
Speaker 23: She was My mom's was down from the start, like she's the reason I resigned from my job.
Speaker 7: She's the reason I got the job.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no.
Speaker 7: See that was my first job.
Speaker 23: But the last job that I had before I pursued this rap career was residential ad at a shelter and my mom was a supervisor. Well I'm a shelter baby, so she worked her positions in the shelter. I ended up being old enough to work in the shelter. She got me a job there, and I remember coming from coming home from studio. I would come home from studio like six in the morning, and I had to be to work at eight. So I get in six, I get ready to get shot wing dressed, no sleep, leave out seven, get there for eight.
Speaker 24: I had to take a buzz to two trains.
Speaker 7: Job was in Queen's and she.
Speaker 24: Would just could I could tell like she felt she felt for me.
Speaker 7: She like listen, I don't know.
Speaker 23: If you feel like you want to resign from the job, you can like you got my full support, and that's all I needed to hear, because I'm like, listen, my moms don't play. She got me this job, and who am I to say I don't want it no more because I want to pursue something else. But she was the reason why I resigned. But I ain't burn that bridge. I resigned from my job. I didn't quit.
Speaker 7: I resigned.
Speaker 8: But also too, that gives you real purpose and attention because, like you said, you was a shelter baby. So you know you you you know what those kids are lacking and what they need. Now you got the resources, you can go.
Speaker 7: Back and go back and provide. Yes, that's my plan for sure.
Speaker 5: Well, Dennis's daughter is out right now. Make sure y'all go get it. And we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 10: Lola, Big Lolan, It's Lola Brook.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody in stevej NV, I mean the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for It's time for pasty with d N.
Speaker 3: Yeah, DJ comes.
Speaker 11: What's up, guys?
Speaker 23: How you feeling good in y l A well okay good And we just finished with the pastor Ox Atlanta.
Speaker 7: That was our first one in Atlanta. Congratulations, thank you, it went super well.
Speaker 23: Shout out to Domini and Ruben Vincent for his stage Domani very talented, come from a very talented bloodline.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's boy. Stop at money and I love no, I love like Ruben is phenomenal.
Speaker 8: I've been a fan of Ruben since I heard on the on the Vegas Jones say, what was the name of that project? The Ruby Vincent gets busy, no Carolina all day?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 7: His finger princess all over that.
Speaker 23: But I'm excited because the record that I co produced with a producer named Jules. He's a big British producer but he's got in he works with like whiskey and stuff like that.
Speaker 24: We did a record together with Colled the Friend and it just released. So it's called Little Mama.
Speaker 7: Okay, Little Mama by Jewels. You know, I got some slight producer credit. Trying to get my producer credits up this year.
Speaker 10: Tell what not listens to? From from her production?
Speaker 7: What do I listen to?
Speaker 10: That was Tribe called Questfu but you just know me.
Speaker 3: No, but I can hear it.
Speaker 1: That sounds like quest that's gonna be on your album.
Speaker 7: No, that's on Jewels Project.
Speaker 1: Jewels Project. Now that he's gonna work on an album.
Speaker 24: I am definitely working on an album, but that's like a two year thing right now.
Speaker 23: I just want to flood the streets with singles. But anyway, nonetheless, next we're gonna take it to Lucky Day. Bruno mars actually wrote this record and it's fires called That's You.
Speaker 7: That's dope, like yeah, and the funking it.
Speaker 1: This sounds you got a Bruno mars Field to it. We wrote it. I know you said that, Bruno Marsfield.
Speaker 7: All right, we ain't mad at it. And then the last one is at the Party.
Speaker 23: Featuring Pharrell Williams is a kid cutting joint though and Travis Scott.
Speaker 24: I didn't know if y'all was gonna like that one like that, that's kid cutting.
Speaker 7: You said, yes, kid cutting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I think it's dope. It's different.
Speaker 5: I'm a Pharrell fan, so I love what Farrell does, and I love when he maxes it up. Sometimes you go fast, ten pos, sometimes slow.
Speaker 8: I'm a fan, I like Farrell cutting and I mean, you know those are two people that as soon as you say to me Kid Cutty and Forarrell on the record, I know that it's gonna be something I'm not used to hearing, correct, So I don't think you should judge it with you know, fresh ear normal.
Speaker 1: Listener to it first, absolutely, you know what I mean. If I got to listen to that and vibe with it.
Speaker 7: I think you'll like it. Definitely. My next turn up. I can't wait to spin it.
Speaker 23: And if you guys like it, make sure you guys listen to the Past the Auks playlist. You can get it by following me on Instagram at nilist Monk. Click the link in bio is the link to the playlist is it links to Past the aug news letter. If you guys are upcoming artists and you're interested in submitting and trying to be on the open mic, whatever the case may be, just tap in.
Speaker 11: We've got a lot of good things.
Speaker 1: And when's the next path to auxtin New York?
Speaker 23: The next one in New York is December fifteenth. It's Christmas edition, so they'll be singing like Christmas songs.
Speaker 1: But I'm still trying to be I'm Mariah Carey performing. I heard WHOA how's you're coming to do the Christmas Joint? That's what I heard talking.
Speaker 11: Are y'all gonna make that happen for me?
Speaker 1: No, but I heard that. That's not true.
Speaker 7: No, it's not true you're gonna do that. I don't know, Mariah Carey.
Speaker 10: You should believe me when I'm lying these lines all the time. He rapped, he could rap.
Speaker 1: You know, it's.
Speaker 25: Our social media platform. Subscribe to the what's the podcast called We Need to Talk? We Need to Talk podcast ntt LK. There you go, and yeah, all good things following me.
Speaker 1: We have a good weekend. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Let's get into the People's Choice.
Speaker 16: Make you know.
Speaker 10: We throw back on a Friday's Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren la Rosa is here. Thank you for joining us these last couple of days.
Speaker 7: Lauren, thank y'all for having me.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. Tell them about your your weekend, Lauren.
Speaker 7: My birthday weekend, you've come here.
Speaker 4: My birthday is November twenty second, So I do accept all gifts monetary gifts. But for my birthday weekend, we are having a great time between Camden, New Jersey and Delaware. So if you guys want to attend, we have a skating party. It's an airbush theme, so we're throwing it back at Millennium Skate World in Camden, New Jersey. Saturday, we'll be doing shots and shopping all Brown Girl Grinding merch at my events space in Womanton, Delaware on like the TATNAU.
Speaker 1: And shopping in Camden. People might have took that attack, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then on Sunday we're having a day party at Apex Lounge which is located in downtown Womington as well, and all tickets, all information could be found at Brown Girl Grinding dot com backslash BGG Weekend.
Speaker 7: So come out, have a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come turn up. You don't have to live in Delaware to come. Come, travel and experience a great time, all right.
Speaker 7: What you want to say, what you.
Speaker 1: Say, I don't want to say anything. Salute the Delaware and Salutha everybody who will be attending Lauren Laross's Fantastic Weekends in Camden and Delaware, and I love Lauren's ability to make Camden and Delaware sound like Miami and Atlanta. It is amazing.
Speaker 4: You gotta look start at home and build a bit, right, That's what you gotta do. The people say they want you to come though, huh you come into Delaware?
Speaker 1: What nbu come?
Speaker 4: They said, they bring y'all back. Y'all was there in two thousand and seven, y'all had to. I love the first state I got for Delaware.
Speaker 7: That's right, y'all be up here.
Speaker 4: Th so just know, y'all, y'all, just know, y'all when we when we celebrate, we're gonna make sure we show them that we can have a good time.
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward to see everybody.
Speaker 1: The first state, that's right, right, Yeah, that's right, Delaware the first state.
Speaker 10: All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning morning everybody, you cj Envy, Charlomagne, the God we are the Breakfast Club, Laura la Ross here. Now it's changed for change time and we got Damien on the Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Damien, Yes, sir, yes, sir pe King, How you doing bro, brother?
Speaker 16: How you doing good?
Speaker 20: Mark?
Speaker 8: I'm Blessed Black and Holly favorite man. This is Charlamagne from the Breakfast Club. DJ Envy is here, Laura la Ross here as well. What's going on, my guy?
Speaker 16: Hey, good morning, good morning. Good speak to you guys.
Speaker 8: First of all, I want to salute you man for being a great dad man. I know you a single father of three, two boys, one girl. Salute to you. I know you lost your job of four years after some new owners came in. I know you was a victim from your own place, from your old place, and I know you started a clothing brand online while you're doing your job hunting man. So you know, I just want to tell you that, you know, that's just the way life works sometime.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: There's no such things good and no such thing is bad. It's just all one long process. Brother, That's all sir understood. And I know that you got that's right. And you know we saw your wishless and you know you got you want a new mattress and new bikes for the kids. So I just want you to know the Breakfast Club and Amazon gonna take care of that for you.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take care of everything on your holiday wishless.
Speaker 16: My brother, man, that's that's amazing.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 16: I really appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, what you're doing. You just woke up.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I woke up a few minutes ago. My son's about to have constant stors.
Speaker 1: Reaction damn wow times to remove.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you're get them removed this morning. So he's a little nervous, but we'll knock it out. See.
Speaker 1: And that's just another expense.
Speaker 8: So you know, I'm happy to be able to, you know, along with ammaz On, to be able to take care of your holiday wishless my brother.
Speaker 1: So have a blessed day man, and a blessed holiday season.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, thank you again.
Speaker 8: All right, dam man, we're wishing you a wonderful holiday season man, and salute our friends at Amazon. Remember you can still upload your Amazon holiday wishless right now at breakfast Club online dot com. Let's do another one man, but through another one man. Let's do it Tanaya today. Hi Toanaya Walker from Pasaic, New Jersey. Hi, I am blessed, black and Holly favorite today. Let me tell you something. I know you have a hard time getting apartments because of your name because that is a black ass name.
Speaker 16: But we.
Speaker 8: Appreciate you listening to the Breakfast Club every morning. You're an administrative assistant, right, yes, okay, salute to you. And you're a single mom of two boys.
Speaker 7: Yes I am.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, Well, salute to your young men. I heard that they're excelling school and they're very well mannered. And I was looking at this holiday wishless and they want an Xbox. Your twelve year old wants an x Boxing. Your four year old want teenage mutant Ninja Turtle toys. Yes, okay, we're gonna handle that for you. The Breakfast Club, the Breakfast Club in Amazon, We're gonna handle that for you.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: Done, Thank you so much. Holiday wishless is fulfilled. We got that, thank you.
Speaker 8: Okay, So we're wishing you a wonderful holiday season. Man, thank you very much for listening to us. Tanaya, I'll let you get that on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Sorry my mom.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 8: Please remember you can still upload your Amazon Holiday whishless right now at breakfast Club online dot com.
Speaker 1: It's a blessing to be a blessing man.
Speaker 19: All right.
Speaker 5: Also, you know what, I got a shout out to my aunt's aunt Vivian and aunt Carolyn, they share the same birthday, but like four years apart, which is pretty dope.
Speaker 10: So they listen every morning. Happy birthday, am V.
Speaker 8: And I want to say happy born day two to my good sister Lisha and need. Today is a Lisa born day. It's a big one today. I don't want to put out how big it is.
Speaker 16: He got.
Speaker 4: A big one, big one, right, I love you, leash a wait, I have another birthday, Jayvon James, Happy birthday.
Speaker 7: So all my outfit so remember you guys, ask me about the green leather set that.
Speaker 1: Sound like a bay you shot it out? Just now what you did. The name he's like Javon James. He ain't check it for me, okay at all?
Speaker 4: But yeah me yeah, but he product development genius and everything I wear in here a lot of the stuff he develops it. So every time y'all compliment me, I'll compliment in him in his business. So happy birthday. He's like my rider.
Speaker 8: Dine go to Javon And I also want to say to salute all the poodles out there. Man, the poodles is your weekend. The women of Sigma Gamma Row they are celebrating one hundred and one years of greater service, greater progress on this Sunday, November twelfth. All right, So salute to the women of Sigma Gamma Row Fantasia and our good sister Nina Turner mc light is a member of Sigma Gamme. Yeah, and my niece Porsche. Salute to La Porsche Man at La Porsche Speaks TV on Instagram. She be on my ass every year to shout out the poodles. So salute to the Poodles, the women of Sigma Gammerol. I don't know what y'all, Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What y'all call is. I don't know what. I don't know. Y'all, don't keep I don't know what it is, but you know, salute to y'all. All right, there you go.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, tell him about Doug Melville's book.
Speaker 8: I gotta tell you about Doug Melville's book, Man, because it is an amazing book called Invisible Generals. It is the latest release off my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing with Simon and Schuster. It tells the amazing true story of America's first black generals, Benjamin Old David Senior and Jr. A father and son who helped integrate the American military and create the Tuskegee Airmen. So to everybody who came out the Bonds and Nobles and Tribeca last night, it was a sold out event to hear Doug Melville speak about invisible generals. And I just want to tell y'all, man, go pick that up. Pick that up this weekend wherever you buy books, because it is Veterans Day.
Speaker 1: This weekend. Veterans Day is eleven eleven.
Speaker 8: So the positive noticed simply, let's just all remember the sacrifices made by our military so that we could have a safer life. Okay, no amount of appreciation will be sufficient enough to honor them, so let us just pray for them and their families, and everybody have a happy Veterans Day tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Do something nice for a veteran this weekend. I have a blessed weekend breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Bitch is you don't finish for y'all done