Speaker 1: For us.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't work, you're just not using enough. You're listening to Software Radio Special Operations, Military Nails on straight talk with the guys in the community.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going on? This is radwell soft Reap Radio. Welcome back to another wonderful episode. Before I introduce my next guest, I want to tell you about our merch store. Softwap dot com has a merch store. It's where we have all of our branded products with shirts, mugs, flashlight porches. If you need it for your car, go get one off of our merch site. And also our book club. We like to read, so if you go to softwap dot com Forward Slash Book hyphen Club, you will check out our book club, become a member, and check out the books that are in there. And with that said, let me just kind of lead in with former Navy seal actor model, right, you know, with a smile like that. We have Remy Delet okay, and he has joined us.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I heard you talking about book club and I hope you got my newest book, which is right there, Chameleon in that book club.
Speaker 3: Well, we can have Chameleon and if our viewer wants to go and check it out and look the Chameleon or go find Chameleon wherever. First of all, yeah, let us talk about Chameleon and how you want to go check that book out. All right, so go find it. We'll have it posted up down below in the title so you can click on it. Thanks to Anton, my producer. So thank you, so welcome to the show. And what a cool life you've lived.
Speaker 4: Thank you, brother, Thank you. It's been a crazy journey. Man.
Speaker 3: Well, you do have a really beautiful smile. I just want to let you know that. I don't think I say that because I saw you in like a jockey ad doing the ropes, fit in like some blue underrews.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So I gotta keep it tight, man, got it to keep it tight, you do.
Speaker 3: Now you're out of the military, right you went Navy seal?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I got out in twenty sixteen, January twenty sixteen, so.
Speaker 3: Twenty sixteen, yeah, yeah, Hold, were you in listed?
Speaker 1: I joined in two thousand and two, so I was in from so about thirteen and a half years. Got joined in the summer of two thousand and two and got out, you know, in January twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so some guys on the teams and the Navy Seal teams have specific duties such as like a breacher or radio guy. What was your you know qua?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was say I like that word. I got to use it, amor right, what's that mean? That means?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: What was your fortee? What was your guy? Like that? Qua? Do you bring to this No?
Speaker 1: I like that word. I want to use it. Man, is that French?
Speaker 4: It is actually really okay petite that speak petit French. Friends. That's how.
Speaker 1: I was a medic and I was also a human guy, which stands for human intelligence. So everybody knows what a medica is. I went to various uh combat medical courses, but then also a lot of people don't know what human intelligence is. So I went to a lot of different intelligence courses. Uh learn trade craft, learn how to run sources, learn how to build ratlines, and then how to semi permissive and non permissive environments and uh, you know.
Speaker 4: Just collect intelligence via human being. So that was my that was.
Speaker 3: My qua exactly forte. I don't know why I speaking French.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, that's what I did in the teens.
Speaker 1: On Jordan and I had, you know, growing up in New York City and in the Bronx, the way I did hustling and and selling drugs and doing a lot of other stuff I shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Have been doing.
Speaker 1: That taught me how to read people, and it taught me how to maneuver in a way that kept me out of prison and kept me from getting killed. So interestingly, when I found my way into the human side of Special Operations, it was just like hey, riding a bike again. A lot of the same principles and tools that were used in the streets, reading body language, reading people, building relationships, bringing on unwitting sources. All of that stuff was stuff I had done in New York City, So when it came to doing it in the teams overseas, it just.
Speaker 4: All came natural.
Speaker 1: And even even before I got overseas, when I was in the courses that various schools that I went to, it was like I was in the class.
Speaker 4: It was just like, oh, I know what this is.
Speaker 1: Now is just putting a terminology to it and the actual equations, so to speak, just making it more structured and ceremony if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Sure, you're almost like, is he referencing a carjack, is that you're gonna go to You're gonna take the car under force?
Speaker 4: Wait, carjack? Right? Is that?
Speaker 3: Am I getting paid for this? Because I have talked to some other people in your community and the Seals, and they've told me, yeah, rat, we don't always need the boy scout. You know, it's you know, someone's got to kill Grandma. Still a car completely.
Speaker 4: Objective, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Things have to happen, somebody has to do that. You could have the nicest smile all day, but you still need that.
Speaker 1: Car exactly exactly, or you still need that source to give you that information so you can get to the target.
Speaker 3: Win a car is exactly exactly. And so when you say rat lines, are you saying like you're gonna get people to be rats, like, ah, you dirty rat?
Speaker 1: Or is it like rounds is essentially creating routes, finding routes that are very clandestine, you know, finding routes to move people and move equipment in for your partner force or essentially for your for the nation that you're you're you're.
Speaker 4: Fighting on the side of.
Speaker 1: So it's essentially you know, being able to find a way to move personnel and equipment from a permissive environment to a either a semi permissive environment or a non permissive environment. So it's essentially finding paths that working alone, those paths you will have and I say this and quote sources who are indigenous personnel who are helping you find and create that path and also move what needs to be moved into that non permissive environment. So it's called a rat line because you know, rats are sneaky and they move underground. But these are not like literal underground paths. These are you know, uh, you know, figurative underground paths. They're paths that are out and open with their paths that you know, we find that the enemy doesn't frequent.
Speaker 3: That makes the patrol like me, gear Solid, You're like, you can just move through with your box.
Speaker 1: That was That was one of my favorite video mames back in the day.
Speaker 4: I told you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, for my listener out there, a little metal gear solid action, you know, and again his favorite video game come into life for him and he's like, you know, snake Snake bro Solid Snake Man.
Speaker 4: I heard that making a movie about it. Hopefully, you know, if.
Speaker 3: You stop Kurt Russell play Escape from New York, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the snake is based off of him. He did have the eye patch and all the eye pat yeah yeah that's right. Yeah, Escape from New York. Yeah, Kurt Russell, we should get him on toole top of you meet Kurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They probably have the dent with some c G I though to make up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well yeah, like, you know, let's talk about old school ninja turtles that I grew up with in the nineties versus like the ninja turtles today are all in blue suits with like the balls on top of their head, and Mega Fox is trying to like look up at these dudes that are not dudes that are like blue screen guys to be ninja turtles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the costumes from the eighties movie or it.
Speaker 3: Was an eighties nineties Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Like the costume better than the c G. I.
Speaker 3: You know, you just made a more real like size wise, tite wise, you know, and the mouths were able to move and sighs blinked in all day.
Speaker 1: It was like transact. I don't know why they didn't just stick with that.
Speaker 3: With the suit style. Yeah, well, you've been in some cool movies. Bro, you did like Transformers, right.
Speaker 1: The Transformers six Underground playing plane ambulance terminal List of Ambulances with Jake Jill Hall Jake Jaalen Hall. Yeah, played the cover cop in that one. Yeah, yeah, that's right, that's right, that's right. Yeah, like a green jacket.
Speaker 4: Maybe green jacket.
Speaker 1: What do you mean were you wearing a green jacket? And no, it was like a blue jacket. Had on his hat on the ad on the Yankees fitted fitted. I had on a it was like a blue I think it was blue.
Speaker 4: It was actually mine.
Speaker 3: I still haven't I kept it was my jacket wardrobe.
Speaker 1: When off the cost of department, the costume department was the head costumer said, you know, Base, this is going to be your third film you've done with Michael and and he trusts your judgment. So how about and steady you going through this rack of stuff? How about you just bring what you feel comfortable in that you think you would wear as an cop.
Speaker 3: That I did, Yeah, exactly, it fits you chose it. Yeah, yeah, you're not wearing like this fit exactly exactly. What was it like to go and get your first trailer on set?
Speaker 4: Right? I mean I remember mine, know, what.
Speaker 3: Was your first time you had like a little slice of the Honeywell wagon, you know, and your stuff's hanging in there waiting for you, with your sides and the daily What was that like for you on your first set?
Speaker 1: It wasn't it was it was it was normal. Wasn't like anything that was exciting. It was just like, hey, you know, I try to look at everything as just a job. I think when people idolize specific gigs, that's where it's they wear. Mistakes creep in, and that's where pride creeps in and so on and so forth. So to it's just like a job. It wasn't like anything magical. It's like, okay, it's a trail and it's the way I got to come and change into my gear and get prepped and get ready and read my lines and get back into the fight. But so it's not it wasn't anything special to me.
Speaker 3: Oh I see, because I've been an extras holding. Okay, so let me be let me tell you how excited I was to get a Honeywell left some craft service. So I was just wondering, what so you got your.
Speaker 4: Ship an extra holding before too? Okay, Okay, So you have been.
Speaker 3: You have been uh at the bottom of the echelon of the acting getting on set, and then your first audition you went in and just like nailed that audition.
Speaker 1: It was I was in my office writing. I was in grad school getting my master's in organizational strategy, but it was a business degree. And my phone rang and there was a woman who worked with Michael Bay and said, Hey, Michael's looking for some with your background. It's the seal to work tomorrow. Are you available? I said sure, She said all right, send me some pictures, and I sent her some pictures and she showed at to Michael, and then about two hours later she called me back and said you're in. And so it wasn't necessarily an audition. It was just a phone call. And that same woman had called me up for another gig earlier, which that's when I was in the extra holding things whatever whatever the term is, and said he She was like, what are you doing today?
Speaker 4: I was like nothing.
Speaker 1: She's like, hey, can you come down the base and sit on a boat And I said, sure, no problem. So I think I've been blessed in that in that fashion is I didn't have to like scratch and crawl and do all the stuff that a lot of people have to do in order to you know, make it in the business. Yeah, it just came, and it wasn't you know, it wasn't what I wanted to do. I was getting my masters because I wanted to go into I had already started, but I wanted to continue down the path business consulting. And so uh, that's why I was getting my my That's why I was writing papers when I got that phone call.
Speaker 4: And I still do it.
Speaker 1: I still, you know, provide a corporate training and mental toughness and critical thinking training for pro athletes, Schleegion athletes, olympians. In fact, this past week and I was in San Francisco running running a camp for for Saint Mary's rugby rugby team. So that's that's kind of what I was what I was geared up to do. So I say, all I have to say circle back, you know, when I, uh, I didn't have to scrawl too much and scratch too much in order to get it and to gig. And then you know, once I worked on Transformers because I was actually going to be a consultant on I actually was a consultant on that film as well. And once I did that, then that progress to another job was progress to another job, and then I got an agent, and then my agent started sending me out for auditions. And then then I don't realized that I don't want to be in front of the camera.
Speaker 4: I prefer to be behind a camera as a storyteller.
Speaker 1: So I got in the writing films, and then that got me into the w G as the Writers Guild of America, and then you know, I just started progressing from there. Now I'm a director. I'm a writer director, So gearing up to direct my I've done three shorts, but now getting up to gearing up to direct a.
Speaker 4: Feature that I wrote. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I know that's that's total respect, you know, just going after especially with still pursuing the education, the physical, you know, health aspect of maintaining your yourself. I'm sure you still are going to the gym or doing you know, mental toughness every day style of how can we reach can somebody reach you through us to you know, try to see if you would be available for their public speaking and how would they do.
Speaker 1: That they could just reach out via you know, Again, a lot of my clients via social media. I do have a website, Schedulewave dot com. So through our website we offer you know a few different services, not just a pariable also our one on one mentorship, but then also our corporate and athletic camp. So yeah, people could reach out via our website or I get most people reach out to me via social media.
Speaker 4: I get a lot of people that.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't find your email or I don't want to go through all the rope, jump through the hoops to get to you. But I'm just gonna shoot my shot and DM you and I have a good team, so we all monitor my my inbox so people can get at me anyway.
Speaker 3: I shoot my shot to Arnold all the time. But I'm like, hey, would you like to come onto my show?
Speaker 4: Like Arnold?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm gonna keep coming at you like you wanted to be mister Universe bro, you know. And if he hears this and he's like, Okay, I'm gonna go on show rat show and I'll.
Speaker 4: Bring you on.
Speaker 3: If he does that, if he listens to this episode, I'll be like, hey, we'll have a three soome okay with Remy and it'll be like talk about positivity and how to stay healthy and you know, how to go outside and enjoy yourself. You probably are in Los Angeles and I under.
Speaker 4: No, I can't San Diego.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you got the beach though, you got the out there. Yeah where I'm in Salt Lake City Okay, Yeah, Utah, Sundance is getting ready to kick off. Everybody's starting to like book all the places out you know, and talk about snows here. I got my snowboards right against the wall over my shoulder, right here, so you know, I thought they'd be open tomorrow to go, right, so I might hit it up if they are on Friday. Yeah, I'm now down range. It's something that you have created. Tell me about Downrange.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't necessarily create it, but I was approached by the creators, Donald Albright and uh and Lindsay Payne.
Speaker 4: They have a they own a company called Tenderfoot TV.
Speaker 1: And Tenderfoot TV has been in the narrative podcast space for a number of years now and UH and and what I like about what they do is it's not a podcast kind of like this, whereas which there's nothing wrong with this, but there's not a podcast where two people are just sitting you know, across zoom or in a booth, and and and and and talking interview style.
Speaker 4: It's more of a very immersive piece.
Speaker 1: So essentially, you have somebody that shares their story, and then you have somebody like me that comes in and does voiceover and then helps narrate the story. But then there's also sound effects, there's music, there's actors.
Speaker 4: So when somebody.
Speaker 1: Talks, for example, in the first episode that's out now with Sergeant Harryman, you know, when he's talking about his daughter and you know, being blown up and not knowing if he's going to see his daughter again.
Speaker 4: You hear a little girl.
Speaker 1: Come in and saying, Daddy, I want you to come home. So it's a very immersive podcast that sucks you in. You feel like you're actually in the middle of the battle when these men and women are sharing their stories. And so that's downrange. So they all of their podcasts, all of Tenderfoot TV's, for the most part, their their narrative podcasts are in that style with music, with actors plus the subject matter experts, plus maybe even the person who's the subject of the topic. And so all their podcasts have historically been like that. And then this now is just like the military you know side of it, where they're taking all that they've learned and done over the number of years and they're putting it there and they're now highlighting stories of heroism and service in the military, and but adding that very deep connective tissue via the music, via the acting, via the sound effects, the gunshots, the explosions, you know, what the characters are hearing and whatnot excuse me, not characters, but what the subjects are hearing in their head, whether it's ringing in their ear.
Speaker 4: So it's it's very powerful. It's very very powerful. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love the whole concept of it reminds me of Unsolved Mysteries just off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: This, you know, like that.
Speaker 3: It's like we're going to talk like have you seen Unsolved Mysteries? Do you never remember that show? I mean, a guy in the trench always talk about it. Yeaheah, you know, and he would the narrator, and then it cut into all of what you're talking about. I love that down range and that's streaming right now, right, yeah, So that's well, there are options.
Speaker 1: It's on Apple and Spotify currently, but Tenderfoot TV has their.
Speaker 4: Own kind of streaming platform.
Speaker 1: So via that platform, if people subscribe to tender to the Tenderfoot TV platform, they're able to get episodes a week in advance, and then there are a lot of other parks that they're able to get. So maybe it's it's some more interview, parts of the interview or parts of the story that weren't heard during the actual the main you know area there, there's some some opportunities for some some extra content.
Speaker 3: So it seems like ten foot is a streaming platform as well, and you can check it out there, and then they have behind the scenes or in depth other things within each episode that you could check out at Tenderfoot, which is a cool name by the way, I just want to say.
Speaker 4: That that is a cool thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also like one of the first ranks in the scouting programs you go to, like Eagle Scout, you have Tenderfoot.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking like, so back to your back to yah.
Speaker 1: So so, so they approached me given my background as a former seal but then also working in the entertainment space, also being an author and having narrated my book and uh, and then I came on board as a co executive producer, so I'm not the creator, but I am part of the leadership team on it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd say you have a creative mind to bring yourself in on that. You know, I guess what you're saying, thank you for clarifying and explaining downrange. I just don't want to take credit.
Speaker 4: For creating something that I didn't create.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's that's that's some integrity. Now, you said you're a seal. You went through medical training, but don't all seals have to be airborne?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah so I so, so I went through jump school, went through static line jump school, and then I also went through free fall so like, yeah, helo, hey ho dive training, that's that's just part of our Your combat diver as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, combat diver are all Navy Seals. Combat divers all Navy Seals of combat divers.
Speaker 4: That's legit.
Speaker 1: You can't get to the tracks.
Speaker 3: But Marine recon have the little uh head with the snorkels on their past. They're a diver, they have to get a combat diver back.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so I think I think that that's them there. Insignia is the dive pin above the jump wings. So I think that's the recon from what I From what I can recall, you got to police forgure. I don't know if they have if they've come up with a new insignia, but when I was in that was there the designator. If you saw somebody with the dive bubble and then jump wings under it, then that was on a Marine Corps based and more than likely that person was a reconn.
Speaker 3: Marine recon especially the gold wings because they've done like ten twelve different jumps. And yeah, now does the Navy have that same crossover or do you just get the silver jump wings.
Speaker 1: No, so, well you rank for the for the gold jump Wings. Right out of because and jump school you do five. You have to do a minimum of four static line jumps in order to graduate from static line jump school.
Speaker 4: Some go up to five.
Speaker 1: And then right after you finish static line jump school, which is like a week.
Speaker 4: You roll right in the free fall and a free.
Speaker 1: Fall you have to be doing like, I don't know, it's thirty jumps something ridiculous. You doing like twenty thirty jumps just to qualify to get through the course. Right, So by the time you get you graduate, you're you're already have gold wings because you have to do x amount of you have to do over ten jumps just to get through both static line and free fall. So by that time, I mean, you qualify. So when we graduate from SQT.
Speaker 4: You already had them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might like at the graduating graduation ceremony where you get your trident, you know, you already have your jump.
Speaker 4: Wings under your ribbons. That's legit. Yeah, that's legit. I just know it's so legit.
Speaker 3: That's why I wanted to bring it up. Yeah, Now, within one of those thirty forty hundred jumps, did you ever have one where you're like, how did I walk away from this? No, you've always had a nice set down. Everything was always pretty good. H yeah, and never anything crazy. Yeah, yeah, some things. Yeah, I know there's.
Speaker 1: Been people who've had like, you know, malfunctions on opening and you know, just and I think there was a guy, a guy in jumped school. Maybe he just got to a team four or five years ago. He jumped, had a malfunction and he pulled his reserve before pulling his cutaway. And you're always supposed to cut away from your main first before pulling your reserve because if you pull your reserve while your main, which is all jacked up above you, is there, then your reserve will get as it's opening, it'll get wrapped up in your main, and then you have nothing. You're dead. So that's what happened to him. So I, you know, thank god, you know, never been in a situation where I've had a even a minor malfunction. I've never had to cut away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's always seemed to work for you. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think what helps too is I could be wrong, but I think what helps for me is I'm always been heavy on the heavy side. You know, when I was jumping in the team, that was like around two oh five, two ten and so, and I'm tall as well, so I fall and my bones are really dense, so I fall. When I fall, I fall like a pocket rocket. And so when I when I pull that parachute, the force of me falling and the parachute catching the air. So you know, violent that parachute just step it kind of it goes into place. Again, that's the theory I'm not saying as saying it that's uh sure, that's the way it should work, but that's just my theory is that why I don't think I've had.
Speaker 3: Any mouthfun Parachute Field Manual updated right now, section thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, d like a rocket. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But then also pack your parachute right, you know, because that's another part to it. If you pack your parachute right and uh you get your proper checks, you shouldn't you shouldn't out there. You shouldn't have any malfunctions.
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 3: Did you pack your own shoot? Being at the level of your parachute riggers, you have to when you have to. Yeah, when you're in in the course, not static line, but for free fall, we all, I mean you pack your shoots, pack your shot shoots, and go jump. Come, let's still jump today, shoot, repack, and then go jump. Yeah, you're still jumping today.
Speaker 1: For I want to say, the last time I jumped, it was, let's see Puerto Ricos about two years ago.
Speaker 4: The last time I jumped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were filming a plane actually down in Puerto Rico and I jumped down there for my wedding anniversary back in two thousand and eleven, I want to say, twenty twelve, twenty twelve and so so yeah, this time around, I was like, hey, I want to I want to jump back. That was my favorite location to jump in because it's just the weather's just so beautiful and the jump zone is right on the beach, so you're able to see like the ocean and the beach and the skyline. It's just suck and it's so beautiful. The best time to jump in San Diego, or in my opinion, best time to jump in generals when it's like one hundred to eighty degrees on the ground.
Speaker 4: Because the higher up you get, the colder.
Speaker 1: It gets, and so you know, if it's you know, so you're gonna lose about You can lose up to about twenty degrees when you get up to like thirteen fifteen thousand feet. I love jumping and when it's warm because when you're out falling, when you're up in the plane and the door opens, you get just that, you get that nice breeze.
Speaker 4: It's just perfect.
Speaker 1: And when you jumping, you're falling, it's just like the airs just perfect, instead of like I've done jump where it's been like sixty on the ground and you get up there and it's just miserable because it's like forty up there and the doors open, it's freezing cold and then the wind and the Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that sounds it sounds cool and gnarly at the same time, you know, because like God, I mean, I do some snowboard. I've never jumped out of a plane. They always say I'm a little big. I'm about two seventy six five.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They want to charge me twenty five dollars and pound over two hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh wow wow to tandem. Oh yeah, I'm like, I'm broke. Sorry, I'm not jumping out there. I'm notempting suicide. Sorry. Yeah, man, Now it's not worth it.
Speaker 1: I had a buddy as a matter of fact, the rugby team that I trained this weekend the week before, the team captains went tandem jumping and one of the guys was really heavy and so he had They had a hard landing and.
Speaker 4: He got a concussion. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Because not only is it him, it's the dude on him exactly. And if he's got dense bones, you're dropping like a rock.
Speaker 4: Dude. Yeah. Man, that's a bad situation, man, I tell you why, dude. Oh man.
Speaker 3: So after the Navy, you go into the school and you focus on your master's degree. You get called up and you go check out Michael Bay's production. You get on that show, and you're just moving through the course. And now we're at the Writer's Guild in your life, okay, and we just got off of a strike with the Writer's Guild, and now the actors are just getting off of a sag after strike. So how are you feeling right now with the industry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I feel good.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it's going to be tougher to get stuff made for a little bit, especially on May end, just because all the actors that were sitting for the last six months going to be I mean, the big actors are going to be all booked up for a while, you know, jumping from project to project to project, you know. So it's going to take an act of God to really work some things out. But other than that, you know, it's just, you know, it is what it is. I work in a lot of different fields. A good thing about business that I'm in, you know, Like I'm working on downrange, right, So I got downrange. I'm working on right. So it's like, all right, when the writing directing thing is slowing down, I got downrange.
Speaker 4: I got a new.
Speaker 1: TV show that comes out this weekend on History Channel called Beyond the Battlefield, and that gives it an inside look into different military units and military historic military bases around not just around the country, but around the world American basis. So I got that TV show coming out this weekend, and then, you know, and then I'm always writing.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a children's book that I'm working on now, and that children's book started out as a screenplay which I'm doing a rewrite on now called Ellenie Uh. And then I got so I always I have the good things. There's always many multiple irons in the fire, so as it relates to the entertainment business. So when one thing is slowing down, I got like five other things that are, you.
Speaker 4: Know, picking up. You know.
Speaker 3: So you're just a chef and you're just cooking your stove, you're watching it, you know, Yes, yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I gotta I got an unscripted TV show that I just sold and I can't go into too much detail about it, but we're going to be hopefully going into production on that in the coming in the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: So is there any need for a six to five period of Viking?
Speaker 4: They might, they might you know.
Speaker 1: Now you know a guy, especially now that I know you're as Salt Lake City.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what's up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, if you ever want to come snowboarding and live, hit me up.
Speaker 4: I was actually out there.
Speaker 1: Wow. I was out there in July for Jack Cars podcast and Mike Lovers podcast.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Jack's just like, let's just say he's my neighbor. We kind of have like the same chimneys.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, he has.
Speaker 3: More wood, more like more cabin probably. Yeah. Are you there in the same area? So I live on the other side of the mountain. So I live in Sandy, Utah, which is a suburb of Salt Lake, and he lives in Park City, which is on the other side of my mountain. If I could drive through my mountain, I would be there. Okay, got it, got it. It's beautiful, man. It's especially in the summertime. It's beautiful. Oh yeah, right now, we just got about a foot of snow about like Snowbird And some of the big resorts here that are getting open. Thanksgiving is their big day, so sometimes there's early season pass holders get like in about a week early.
Speaker 4: So I'm waiting for that call. Okay, Yeah, so I go ride.
Speaker 3: Shreds some fresh pow all the white lines you want up there? Bro t you carving them up?
Speaker 4: Shred them?
Speaker 1: Yea d sir, No, man, no, no, I'm not a big water after. I think after I got out of the teams, I stayed away from the ocean as much I could.
Speaker 3: You're like, I don't draft through from done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had enough of cold ocean water to last me a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Man. So so I get I always like to stir the pot with seals. What's the best team seal? To me, what's the best team?
Speaker 1: I don't think they're I mean, obviously you got the you got the Tier one unit, which is is you know, absolutely for sure the best. And then as far as the other teams, it's just we're all as we're all pretty much the same.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a you.
Speaker 3: Like Team three. Were you teamed down Team three? Team three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Team three is one of the most highly decorated teams. But as far as uh, when we're talking about one, two, three, four, five, seventy eight, nine, ten, we're all pretty.
Speaker 4: We're all pretty. It's even playing field.
Speaker 1: And I think that's because we have our TTPs come down from the Tier one unit and then we applied those TTPs and we have a structure and standards in place, and.
Speaker 3: Tell me what tt means just from tactics.
Speaker 1: Training and procedures, okay, and then we uh replace each other. So when I was in when Team one, it was undeployment. We were going on work up. We were doing our work up, and as soon as we finished our work up, Team one was we were flying out to relieve Team one, and and Team one was coming home. And then you know, Team three was you know on you know, deployed operating, and Team five was training.
Speaker 4: Up ready to replace us.
Speaker 1: And then from where we were, and then you know, and then that just kept on going through on the east, on the West coast, and Team seven and so. And within a team, a lot of people don't notice within the team you have you have three When I was in, it was there were three task.
Speaker 5: Shoot its uh at each team. And then within each tashoot it you have two platoons, right, so you got six seal platoons at a team, at least when I was in, sometimes seven seal platoons of the team, and they going to all different places. They're not all going to the same location.
Speaker 1: They're going to different places around around the world where they where there's conflict, and so you know, when it's time for Team five or to believe Team three, you know, the same thing. You got six to seven platoons that are now going to go replace those platoons different places around around the world. So so we're always in the same area for the most part on the West Coast, and the same thing on the East Coast with the East Coast team. So that's why I say, well, pretty equal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that does make sense.
Speaker 3: A lot of my Army Ranger guys are always like oh first, second, third regiment, you know, like, yeah, we'll box you over the second. But that makes atal sense if you have all these different elements that are always coiling up, coming down, you know, one of them is transitioning to get ready to take over for the other team. Yeah, you know, it's just a constant. Hey what's up High five on the tarmact.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, we do turnover op. We do a turnover OP and then uh so we'll have like the ADVON, which is the advanced guys that come out like I always happen to be on an adv on because of my you know, my my, my, my jobs. The ADVON would do an operation or maybe two sometimes three operations with the team so that that way we have a proper turnover and then they will leave the restaurant team.
Speaker 3: You're such a stud, bro, you jump out of airplanes with all of your knowledge of surgery and medical and how to save a life and how to take a life and h and so if there's if there really is a god and he created us in his image, man.
Speaker 4: Boom, Okay, it's good to know. It's good to know. Now you were in an army. I see an Army beret back there.
Speaker 3: So my dad, yeah, former green beret. Okay, that's him. Okay, I was Air Force. So he and my mom are hanging out on my mantle.
Speaker 4: Okay, nice, nice, But.
Speaker 3: My father is a I was raised in a family of a Green Beret man, and he was also a business major and a human resource master's degree working on his doctorate. So I think he really influenced a lot of my business aspects and my love for the game. If you will, and I can, I can see all his little like puzzle pieces he pulled out of his back to build me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, well as your dad's a library.
Speaker 3: Now ten years now, Friday the thirteenth. He you know, he lived for about sixty sixty five sixty sixty three heart attack. Bro never smoked, never dream well, he smoked a non but who wouldn't. And then uh, but other than that, he was hardcore Mormon, running marathons after the military and then just went super downhill with seizures from the attribute to a joke where the one thirty had dropped them at night over altitude was there, but they were over a mountain, so it was like, so they dropped them with the guyst down the mountain side even though there are altitude broken pelvis is trauma. The whole Green Ray team was just basically training, Yeah, because they're training for the real deal. That's why I was asking if there's any you know, crazy jumps and stuff because typically you know, you hear about it, but you know. And then my mom wound up pushing him around the VA for the rest of that time, and then I realized how the machine works. Yeah, yeah, and then went when he was at the v A and I'm sure my listener, if they've listened to any of my shows, I brought this up. They're like, so are you Aaron, And he's like, do I look like a leg to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm not.
Speaker 3: Airborne, right, So he's airborne and we're both in the VA and we're both the same last name, and he's like, no, I'm not the legs.
Speaker 1: You'll enjoyed after the first episode of down Range of down Range for sure, because that's a fellow army brother from your dad's side. And then also, uh, the History Channel show with our first episode specifically on the Green Rays.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love.
Speaker 3: He's so excited to watch it. I'll be sure to leave you a rotten Rotten Tomatoes review. Please thank you. Well, yeah, I know how that goes. I got a Rotten Tomatoes review.
Speaker 4: It's good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did a movie called fire Starter for Stephen King. I played the dad's the fire Starter yeah Channel.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then I did another one for Disney, which was the Luck of the Irish, and I played one of the evil leprechauns that steel.
Speaker 4: Kyle's coin alert. I'm sure you are a big leprekaun.
Speaker 3: Well that's the point. It's Disney right here, we are. It's you got like these eighth graders playing basketball, and then he looks at us and we're huge, and we're all like like like evil leprechauns, and the reforod looks at us and he just these little kids. Yeah, and the kid looks at us and he sees us, and we're like, what are you gonna do now?
Speaker 4: But we're like we're magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but he's a leprechaun, so he doesn't it so you can see us.
Speaker 4: So it's like, yeah, I didn't made my kids like it.
Speaker 3: What's the name of it, The Luck of the Irish.
Speaker 4: It's on Disney Plus. It's on Disney Plus. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In fact, tim Osmond from West World, is that what it's called. Yeah, he's the main lever continent back in the day, so we Yeah, it's kind of funny how you work with guys back in the day and now they're.
Speaker 4: Like we're at today.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you out there? Arnold?
Speaker 3: I got ready? Can I get Arnold? We can all be in a movie with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh what do you see him? Billy? I don't know Dutch. That's a classic, right, I love it. Due. I'm so are you in your forties? Yeah? Forty one man, Yeah, I'm forty six. What do you want man? Getting up there?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 4: Just chasing the fountain youth, Bro. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I had my juice this morning, carriage broccoli, kale, ginger, turmaic strawberries and a green apple.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That's my that's my licks or that I have every morning. Man.
Speaker 4: Keep me.
Speaker 3: I got back from the gym right before you got on with me. My hair is still drying from the shower. I go box for an hour every day.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good, that's good man.
Speaker 3: Oh go Today it was two Legends laps.
Speaker 4: Bro. We had to run.
Speaker 3: Bro. I'm like, all right, I gotta carry the boats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 1: Supportant muscle to keep working is a heart, brother, because that's the that's the that and the brain on those are the two machines. Man, they keep everything going.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Discipline, Mike Tyson says, is waking up in the morning and doing something that you hate and saying that you love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so I was just like, well, man, if I can get in shape or you know, stay focused on my health. And so I started in June of twenty twenty three this year and till today, and I've lost about twenty six pounds. Oh awesome, man, I mean really, I was almost three hundo though. Wow, I started freaking out. It was like, what's gonna happen to me? I'm gonna get and bigger? No diabetes, yeah, yeah, heart disease. It's in my family. Yeah, I don't have it. I've been tested, but I don't want to get it. So I'm like, and I also heard if you lose like five thirty pounds, you get a little bigger something else, you know. So I'm like, yeah, let's just lose some weight, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I bet your wife will enjoyed that already.
Speaker 3: Yes, she already knows that there's the Viking abs are coming in.
Speaker 4: I love it. Yeah. Yeah. Now my mind is someone my mom she was.
Speaker 1: She's seventy one, but everybody thinks she's like fifty because she's beautiful. To pull up, she does, she does, set up, she runs, she's a fitness trainer now on social media, and that she had a wake up call in her fifties. I don't want to say no in her early sixties, where you know, the doctor said, hey, you know, we're gonna put you on all these different medication and my mom said, absolutely not. And so she, you know, kicked the diet and she kicked the bad food and drinks and all that stuff and sugar stuff, and now she's like, you know, she lost like thirty forty pounds man, And now.
Speaker 3: I mean, really, I cut sugar too as much as I can. Like mentally, it's like, I'm not gonna drink it. Yeah, I'd rather eat it. I guess if it's gonna be a food or in a piece of bread, I have to eat that. Yeah, That's about how I want to ingest it. But I'm not looking for forty four gulps of nothing.
Speaker 4: Due that stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hurt their feelings and say their name. Bro, it's poisoned water, Yeah it is. I attribute I attribute the diet stuff to what probably killed my dad at the end of the day, because I just do Bro. He went from drinking straight water and then he got into this like recovery facility where they were helping him.
Speaker 4: And they're like, do you want to die company.
Speaker 3: He's like yeah, They're like it's free flowing, here you go, and they just kept yeah, it's all meter it should be water metered in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, but it's bad for the brain too, man, like that type of sugar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just Yeah, there's a reason why other countries don't even want high fruit toast in their country out they watch straight sugar like Mexico. Coco is different than you talk Coco. Yeah, let me be clear. Coca Cola, not the white lines up on the mountain that I was talking about.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I know, I know, right know, you know you're You're great dude.
Speaker 3: And are you in any video games or.
Speaker 4: Do you do any video games? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't do the video game you should about a year or so ago, but just to work out, I would play you. I commitment was like crazy. They wanted me to like be on call for like two three years.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I was just like, you know, I can't be on call for two three years, Like I don't have the time.
Speaker 4: Crazy, Yeah, I got too much stuff going on. So yeah, yeah, you're just wrouled up in it.
Speaker 3: Well, look, usually I take an hour of time, but I mean we've had a great conversation. I've had it for about forty five minutes to that hour, and I hope that you're cool. If I just want to say down range and your history Channel show. Oh you know what you did? Work with a friend of mine? I think did you ever do?
Speaker 4: He did? Essays right?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, Billy, Billy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Billy yeah yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's a great dude. I was on I was on the Fox show Special Forces too. It's called a special Force the world's toughest sets. So Billy, it was me, Billy, Rudy and Foxy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I found out with Rudy a few times. Bill, Billy, we went to London and he boxed against the Navy Seals, so it's sas versus retired Navy seals. And so I went over with Team USA and did all the commentating and all of the interviews and everything and got to just we did that for like three four years in a row. So yeah, Billy, yeah, totally on my Instagram, give him a shout out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He's a good dude. Man, He's a good dude. Bro.
Speaker 3: He's got the Queen, he got the m b h. He ain't no joke and he's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, he's a good dude. He's funny, really funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, right, right, that's right, that's right, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's right, I love it, Yeah right, got it down. But yeah, man, I appreciate you if I having me on, and thank you. I want to encourage everybody check out down Range. We got a new episode of this out today where uh uh well Cheese Uh well, we all call him.
Speaker 4: Cheese, but Chesney.
Speaker 1: He's uh former seal uh he handled the dog called Cairo and Operation Neptune, which was the operation against Ben Laden. So that's up today. Last week was Sergeant Harryman. His story is amazing for Purple Hearts. In his career, Bronze Star was pretty almost left for dead and because they thought he was dead, he got born.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, So we got some We got two amazing episodes that are out right now. The second one came out today. We got more amazing episodes coming out in the coming weeks. So I want to encourage everybody to go subscribe to down Range on Potify.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, Spotify's Thrilled Pills bro.
Speaker 1: Yes right now, yes, and uh yes, and subscribe on Apple and enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Uh It's it's amazing and inspire you.
Speaker 1: And then go get a copy of Chameleon exactly thrill espionage thriller. It's very loosely based off of my life. It's I call it a fictional extension of that book right there is Transformed, which is my memoir. Uh that got picked up to be a feature film, by the way, and uh and check out Beyond the Battlefield.
Speaker 4: And go Yankees and go Yankees.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a shout up for those bad boys k Don maatic favorite favorite first basement.
Speaker 4: Yes sir, yes so.
Speaker 3: And with that said, my name is rad and I had remy with us today former name of Seal, author, actor, director, human being of this Earth. That is just out here to show you that we could talk to strangers and still have a nice conversation and not beat each other's throats. And I want to thank you for showing some kindness and also I know your hardcore parachute surgeon, your legit bro. Thank you for being on softwarep And to my listener, go check out Chameleon and everything else that we talked about in the link down below. And this is rad On behalf of Brandon Webb who gives me this job. Say peace, you've been.
Speaker 2: Listening to self. Rep Radia