Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what's y'all don't.
Speaker 3: Know y'all at all, So don't given them back A million bus busy.
Speaker 2: Ye listening to.
Speaker 1: Show?
Speaker 4: Don't joy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Joy? You go do that.
Speaker 6: Love?
Speaker 5: You know you.
Speaker 7: Gotta turn.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: Go to turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn mouth the word of the monod me.
Speaker 2: Come come out, you think I sure will. Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harley got a radio show today. I want to just share something with you along your way to wherever it is you're trying to get to. You know, everybody has a different definition for success, and I'm not here to tell you what yours should be. I mean, please pursue whatever you think success is. Aim as high as you can, though, that's for sure. My father used to say all the time. I'm sure you all have heard it in different variations, but he used to always say, aim for the moon. Just in case you miss, you'll still be amongst the stars. Just say that to me all the time. So that always was in me to aim high. Now he wasn't saying aim with the intent to miss. He was just saying aim in case you miss, you'll steal me amongst the stars if you aim for the moon. But if you just aim for that first flow window and you miss it, you know, usually run into some type of wall and nothing happens. You slither down, you know. In my book, act like a lady, think like a man. I told her people that me in love three ways. They profess, they provide, they protect, and that's the core essence of a man's love. Well, there's some other PE's in life too. The number one thing you have to understand about trying to be successful, and I guess I'll call this the four p's. I may come up with five along the way. I don't know. I'm just talking as it's given to me. So I'm gonna summer start by saying that these are the four PE's of success that you have to get ready for. Number one is pressure. A lot of it is applied by the circumstance of what you're trying to go for and what you're trying to do.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 2: A lot of it also is self imposed pressure. It's what you put on yourself to make it. It's a sense of urgency, it's a sense of necessity. But pressure is the first thing I want you to be ready for. And pressure comes in a lot of different forms, but it's going to be pressured as an old saying that pressure buster pipe. See, that's why most people turn around because of the pressure of trying to be successful. I want you to get it in your mind that it is going to be a pressure rise situation on your rise to the top. Pressure, but understand that that is what it is, is not going to change. That's it. Prepare yourself, get ready for there to be pressure. The second thing I want you to understand is when you receive this pressure, you have to persist. You got to stay at it. You got to develop a dog illness. Hez A. There's a song that says, why must I feel like that? Why must I chase the cat? Nothing but the dog in me? That's a funny line in that song, because really I was thinking about it one day. I was humming it and and it occurred to me, said, why must I feel like that? Why must I chase the cat? Nothing but the dog in me? And you know, now you could take it in the literal sense that a cat chases the dog, because it's innately it's in his spirit that cats and dogs are a lot of times enemies. Now people have pets in him, proving that if you show love on both sides, they can exist. And that happens too but naturally innately, when your cat goes by a dog and your dog don't recognize him, there's some barking going on. I'm talking about just walking through the neighborhood or something. So, but the reason that this dog is so persistent towards this cat is just cause it's in him. It's innately in him. And what I'm saying to you, just using that as an analogy, is that you got to be you got to be persistent in that. You got to develop some dog in you now because pressure takes some fighting back. See if you don't fight back against pressure, pressure buster pipe, So what you think it'll do to you? Pressure crack walls, pressure calls explosions. So if you don't fight back to hold it in, you understand pressure does most people in the simple thing called pressure, the weight of what it feels like to want to be successful every single day, over and over and over and over and over. It's just too much pressure. People crack. You got to persist. You have to persist.
Speaker 7: You can.
Speaker 2: The thought of giving up can come, but you got to get it out. You got to persist. The next thing I want you to think about is another something that I've been thinking about for years and learned for years. It's called perseverance. To persist means to insist, keyword in incest and persistence insists you must. You must insist that this is going to happen. Now, the persist I'm assuming means it's a proaction. It's some type of proaction that you go towards it to make it. You know, persist, You gotta be persistent. You gotta be constantly at it, insisting that it happens. You gotta be constantly at it. But the next thing I want you to remember is perseverance. Perseverance is important. Perseverance means that when you've done your best, when you've persisted, when you're fighting back against the pressure. Perseverance simply means I'm going to hang in here. What if a crack come into pipe, I'm gonna hang in there. If the pipe bust, I'm gonna keep going. If I gotta put duct, take mud, whatever I got to put on this thing. Man, I'm gonna use perseverance. I'm going to stay with it no matter what. So we're looking at the three things again. You got to understand that it's gonna be pressure that you're gonna have to persist. Keyword in persistence, in insist. You have to insist that no matter what the pressure is, I'm gonna stay with it. But then perseverance. If it goes wrong, Man, you got to get in there and keep fighting. But then, Lord have mercy. Nothing helps you handle the three pece better than the fourth p You got to pray. You got to use prayer. You got to talk to God. You gotta use faith. You got to have some conferences with him late at night, early in the morning, in the middle of the afternoon, when you're on the train, when you're driving. You got to talk to God. Man, you got to get yourself some help along the way. Nothing is bigger than prayer. There is nothing bigger than prayer. Prayer will help you overcome the pressure. Prayer will help you stay persistent, and Lord have mercy. Prayer will help you persevere. Then, mister faux pease, God gave that to me. I'm passing it on ladies and gentlemen, the time has come for us to acknowledge the fact that we don't have to be here, for us to acknowledge the fact that this is a blessing. It's called the present. It is a gift from God. That's why they call it the present. If you are presently living, if you are living in the present, that's why they call it the present, because it is a gift from God. Man, I'm here. I'm just glad got up this morning. Cold plunge, just dealt with it. I just you know, man, we'll talk about that in a moment because Junior's not here today, so I have something to discuss, ladies and gentlemen. Steve Harvey Morning Show, Shirley Strawberry, the Resilient Caller for Real Nephew Tommy Mississippi Monica. We are here today. I want to talk to y'all just momentarily. First of all, good morning everyone, good money. Also would like to save I haven't talked about it on the radio much, but with my radio family we do it almost every day. It's called the Cold Plunge Report, and it's where I discuss the fact that our cold plunge every morning in forty eight degree water for six person. I was talking to my old trainer, Lee hated, and he said, stop doing that, soul brother. You know, Lee hated. He real old school, stop doing that, soul brother. That's not our method. That's a very true statement. It's not. It's not for everyone, but I will tell you this. It has been a game changer for me. But to wake up in the morning from your cozy bed and go and lower yourself down up to your neck in forty eight degree to fifty degree water and setting it for six minutes requires a discipline that I didn't really know I had. And I thank God for dis lord. And you know, man, somebody asked me, man, what is your motivation for doing that? I said, well, the way I look and feel is the main motivation is for the health benefits. I say, but let me tell you something. It ain't got nothing to do with motivation sometimes. You know what cold plunging has taught me that it is more important to be disciplined than it is to be motivating.
Speaker 1: I can see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense, that's what it has taught because your motivation can vary.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: The motivation is why you do something like you know, I want to be healthy. I want to feel better. I want to look better. Okay, cool, But on days where you go, man, I don't get it. Damn h I look and you go get in there anyway where you take your mind. For six minutes, I listen. I listened to gospel music every more. I listened to two songs. I listened to Blessing highly favored by the Clark Sisters, which is exactly five minutes and seventeen seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, time that thing, and then I know I.
Speaker 2: Got about forty seconds left. And then other times, like this morning, I listened to We Are Conquerors by Kirk Franklin and the family and that boy that saying that song and big favorite male gospel boy. Yeah boy, let me tell you something. That big boy in the family at Kurt Franklin, thank name.
Speaker 1: What's his all right?
Speaker 2: Steve hed boy?
Speaker 8: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephews. He runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hard morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his nephew, that's right here.
Speaker 2: This is a truck driver exchange, truck driver exchange. Let's go get.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm trying to refracle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is Franklin.
Speaker 5: Hey, Franklin, how you doing? This is Roosevelt giving you a call from Human Resources doings?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, what's up Roosevelt?
Speaker 7: What could I do? All right?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm calling you from Human Resources. We'll trains and partners.
Speaker 7: Where you been?
Speaker 5: You've been driving trucks for us for quite some time?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 10: What are you you?
Speaker 5: Six? Six? Six and a half years right now?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm eight and a half years.
Speaker 5: He's two years shorty, okay, eight and a half years. How you doing?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm good man, enjoying this road life.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I love working with you guys. Man, the benefits is there.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you're on the road right now. You're probably driving. I wanted to give you a call and is this a bad time? Can you talk right now? Yeah? I actually told over man, I have to get something to eat. Man, Okay, okay, so listen. Let me tell you what's going on here with GTK. What we're doing is we are doing some job exchange and some the drivers that we have have been pulled out of a pool and uh, some of you guys are going to be actually driving in different places now. So for the next six months, within the next thirty days, here, Franklin, you're going to be you're you're going to be driving trucks in South Africa, and you're gonna be or for about six for about six about six months, you're gonna drive in South africol.
Speaker 10: Hold hoo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I ain't got no problem with South Africa for job chat. Rather, Simond, I'm not going on no South Africa. I'm a job on the right hand side of the road.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I love Africans. I love everything about Africa, but I'm not going I got a family out here in the United States of America and you're trying to tell me I got to go to South Africa.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, what type of do you on that? It's it's fragment. It's part of the job exchange, is what it is.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I think you you only going on man. I don't want to be part of that job in Shane. No, no, I'm not going to no damn South Africa.
Speaker 5: This is not this is Listen to the track in six months and you'll be back in the States. Okay, let me say this of National.
Speaker 4: Geographic program y'all got going on? Man, I don't know what y'all got going on at y'all calling me. I'm in the middle of the talking line, trying to eat me a cheeseburger from being on the road all night, and you're talking about sending me the South Africa. What type of are you on?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: There's some foreign exchange program y'all got going on.
Speaker 5: I'm not being part of this.
Speaker 4: You pulled my name out of pull like it was a South sue to come tell me that I'm up to be driving in South as This must.
Speaker 5: Be a joke.
Speaker 7: No, no, so good.
Speaker 5: This is a good thing, though, Franklin, I think you're gonna like it.
Speaker 10: And no, it's not a good thing.
Speaker 4: What are you telling me?
Speaker 10: Is a good thing?
Speaker 5: I got wife and kids.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna what the are you talking about? South Africa? Do they even have roadways out there? I'm not going to Are you serious? I'm not here, I'm not I'm not hearing this correct, brother, I'm not hearing this correct, mister roses Old. I don't South what okay? I can't play the South Africa? Are you serious?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 5: This would frank hear me out here, man, Like I said, they pulled names out of a pool, and uh, you and about fifteen other guys are going to be going to different parts of the world.
Speaker 4: What type of pool you pulled it in? You better put me back in the shallow for you're going to the deep end pulling man. Get the I'm not going to South Africa. I am not going to South America. I'm not taking no malarious shots. So I on Eve got a passport?
Speaker 5: You want me to go to about that? Well, listen to me, Franklin. We're going to get you all the shots you need within the next thirty days, so you'll be set to go.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to.
Speaker 4: Go around and go to South Africa and Trump won't let me back in the country because you off right now. I'm not going to South Africa.
Speaker 5: It's a job exchange, Franklin. Okay, let me say it.
Speaker 4: What Let me a job say? So what we ain't changing? You bring South Africans over here, and then you're bringing me over the y'all. My wife is not going to be happy about this. I'm not going my someplace.
Speaker 5: Basically, Can I tell you this that your salary actually doubles the six months while you're over there.
Speaker 4: Don't try to don't try to tell me about that in South African dollars or American dollars.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 5: Don't try that American dollars. Franklin, Franklin, it will be American dollars. I'm not going to no South Africa.
Speaker 7: I am not going.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, this is my last day and the broth y'all can come pick up this brig and and it's talking like because I'm not going to South Africa. I don't care how you sell it or you say it, I ain't going.
Speaker 5: Listen, you've been with the company eight plus years, and I just got to tell you. You are obligated. You've been chosen out of a pool. All you have to do is six months. You're gonna get paid double. Your family's gonna be fine, You'll be back.
Speaker 4: I ain't obligated to do but driving truck like I do every day, I'm not going. Let me tell you what I'm obligated to you. I'm obligated to throw this truck and forth there and drive right through the human resources window because I ain't going to move South Africa and I keep telling you that I told you that since you got in the damn phone, I ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 5: Okay, but but but but let me ask you. I'm Franklin. You've been here for what is for a some years? Man, you don't you don't want to continue your job.
Speaker 7: Here with the company.
Speaker 4: I don't give a about this job right now, trying to send me overseas like you're setting me up from me, I ain't going a matter of fact, let me turn this truck on right now, I'm coming down to see you, mister Rosevelt.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, hold on, now do you know Jermaine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know Rivers?
Speaker 7: But what do you got to do with it?
Speaker 5: Okay, let me go on on. Say this, Franklin, this right here that you're talking to is nephew Tommy and your boy. River's got me a prank phone call you you just got by your boy Jermaine us.
Speaker 4: Oh that month, Wait till I see rhythm. So you ain't no roads a though, And I ain't got to go to South Africa. No, not God, Oh man, this.
Speaker 5: Man on the road.
Speaker 4: You want to play it? Lis, Well, put some sugar in the trick, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Franklin, Before we leave, man, tell me this. What is the baddest radio show in the land, The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I'm all right, all right?
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 8: Coming up next and is ask the clo. Our chief love Officer, Steve Harvey is in the building. You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, our girl Carla is here with today's music news. Guess what the Grammy nominations are, Carla, Right, we'll.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 8: Plus the inductees for the class of twenty twenty three Toy Hall of Fame have been announced, and Kirk Franklin is mad. Steve, He's mad at his driver Tommy for giving him a step stool.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, you got to get in here.
Speaker 11: Be out.
Speaker 7: Right now.
Speaker 1: It is time to ask the clo.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: This one's from Dunnellen Patterson. Danelle says, I borrowed money from my cousin and I didn't know she was going to tell her boyfriend. I saw them out, and he tried to embarrass me for borrowing money. I paid her all the money right then, and I cursed her out for telling him. If they're not married, why would she share my business with this man?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know why she was shared, but that's run of him out. But you know what, people who do that kill me. You know, every time I turn around, I got to help her.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't like people like that. That's one of the reasons why I don't go nobody, ask nobody for nothing, because I don't want you to talking about no yeah, he come again, you know. But people who do stuff for you and their reward is to brag about it, then that becomes their reward. When in essence, what God says do is if you help these, even the least of these, so have you done unto me, then he will reward you ten times. And I would rather get the god in reward than help people's reward. But some people like to give you money in brag that they did it, so they can, you know, show off you did the right thing about flexing on them. Give them all their money right back.
Speaker 1: But you know, but he cut he gave her the money cursed rout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, don't don't don't. You've learned now, don't don't go back that way. You find out who people are when you get in.
Speaker 1: A hole, and you're gonna ask somebody, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes and lesson this for you. Now you know you in that hole, don't go to that person right there, because they're not gonna climb down any witch.
Speaker 8: Moving on to Bianca in Norfolk, Bianca says, I heard rumors that my boyfriend had a threesome with two girls he works with.
Speaker 1: When I saw these.
Speaker 8: Girls, I went to the doctor to get a check up because they looked rough. Why do men downgrade when they cheat? Does cleanliness even matter?
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa what? Well?
Speaker 1: Else?
Speaker 2: Let's go over a couple of things. First of all, you're going off of a rumor. That's a rumor you said. You don't even have the facts, so you're operating on the rumor. Secondly, they look rough to you. Maybe if it weren't true, maybe he was looking for rough. You know, you could send us a picture over it and let you know. Sometimes you want to put them on the wall and sometimes you want to get put on the wall. So now you got to go with the rough. Got to go get some little strong ass looking girl, you know.
Speaker 8: Large glutes, large glutes, that's what we're calling bbls.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, thick told man I saw a lady that I was in a restaurant the other night with my son. Mad. A lady came in that restaurant and went up some steps that had a BBL and mad she had put too much ones, she had put too much on. No one looks like that, no one, no one. I've been around women my whole life, and I am an admirer of women. Now here's the rule of bbls. And I didn't make this up. I heard somebody say this, and I think, if you're gonna get a b b L they have to match your thighs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what you mean because big BBL.
Speaker 2: Has to be coordinated to your thighs.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: See the key is you can't look have you ever seen them a lo liip pop? You can't look like a lollipop.
Speaker 1: You can't look like a you know, but they coordinate.
Speaker 2: One stick stuck up under that ball. You can't do that. Your butt can't come off like it's coming off that stick at the bottom of a sucker that it's off.
Speaker 8: But they coordinate. They coordinate the bbls to their waistlines, not their legs. And that's the issue. You're saying, because you know they have a tiny, tiny waist and then the you know, the big butt.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, yeah, you can have too much and I've just seen too Okay, all right, I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: I'm not against me, man, I'm not against it. But yeah, no, oh no, oh no oh no, I'm telling you right now you can do too much. You can do too much.
Speaker 8: The way you look crazy, okay, cry and coordinated with your legs, not your waistline.
Speaker 2: Damn your waistline.
Speaker 1: Ah, all right, Well, you can't look.
Speaker 2: Like a toothpick stuck in the olive. You can't look like nothing on an auditor track. Yeah, you see what I'm saying. Thats what you can't look like.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It has got to match your thighs, all right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Moving on to Selena in Maywood.
Speaker 8: I was standing in my driveway talking to my neighbor's husband when she got home from work. He skirted on across the yard. As she got out of the car, she asked him what me and him had to chat about. I told my husband about it, and he said I should go over and clear the air. Was I wrong for talking to him?
Speaker 2: Well, no, you weren't wrong for talking to him. But she's jealous, envious, suspicious and your husband, Hey, look man, so we can have a cool thing. Just hey, I was. I went and told my husband. You asked what it was, and I just want you to know we was just worn't talking about anything. But the husband looked a little bit suspicious. The husband saw the wife pull up. He knew what was on his mind. See what was on his mind talking to the neighbor and his body position, and he might have thought his wife would recognize that in him, and he tried to scoot on over that open her car door right quick. But what you and her over there talking about? Yeah, because over there automatically Okay, Now what he should have did was okay, let's say his wife named Debbie. Let's say his wife named Debbie. Debbie pulled up and got it. Debbie, come here, Come here, Debbie, Debbie, come here, tell her what you just said. And then you know, you know, a conversation here talking about Yeah, her and Miles, her husband. Her and Miles was talking about having this thing. And I was letting him know the way we do it over here, and brought her into the conversation. But when you try to run over there so she can't talk to the neighbor. Yeah, the suspicion. You got to get slicker in this fellow.
Speaker 1: Drop the knowledge clo.
Speaker 8: Yes, God, you've had you was in the driveway right across.
Speaker 2: Good thing is, I ain't never had no fine neighbor, So I never had a fine neighbor ever.
Speaker 8: Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show, all right, Steve.
Speaker 8: New affiliate alert, Please welcome Steve w y E t f M in South Bend, Indiana, The New Mix one O two point three, Michiana's home.
Speaker 1: For R and B and old school. Yes, w y E t FM.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, why yeah, yeah, why yeah, why yeah, y'all just not getting us.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: Why yeah, y'all just not getting that. Yes, Wyatt up in the yette, baby going down up in the Yetta. Y'all don't even know. Yep, buckle up, fancy your seat belts. You'll ride to work in the morning. Morning Drive showed the best ever. Yeah, take me from take me from Texas all the way to that city. Okay, where's y at?
Speaker 1: It's in South Bend, Indiana, South Indiana.
Speaker 2: I being in Indiana from Texas. Oh, why you're in Indiana. Now, what you're gonna have to do is you're gonna probably have to get up by eighty. So eighty gonna come cross. Eighty is the turnpike that go into Indiana. But if I was coming out of Texas, you I would probably swing up Texas, Canada on thirty, take that on round by through Pine Bluff till it run up through Little Rock, and then get on forty come down forty east. Now, as soon as I'm coming down forty east, I would probably it ain't gonna go long because you can get up on you can cut through Saint Louis on fifty five and then come across, or you could run that. You can take the long way around and take that forty all the way down to sixty five, and sixty five north'll take you right on up to seventy, and you can cut across on seventy and then seventy there're the one route up and you'll be on eighty right there.
Speaker 1: GPS up and here all right, everybody get in the car with Steve. Yes, yes, yeah, So welcome to the.
Speaker 2: Little entanglement, though when you come out of Pine the Little Rock, it's a little bit entangled, you know, da Pinkett type thing. Bid a little boy, big boy, a little bit all right.
Speaker 1: All right, we certainly welcome w y E.
Speaker 8: T f M in South Bend, Indiana, and it is time now for Carlo's music news. Carla, let's get it. What's happening with these Grammy nominations?
Speaker 6: All right, Cherley, here we go. Grammy nominations are out. Sizzle leads with nine nominations, and newcomer Victoria Money has seven nominations. Record of the Year, Oh my Mama, I put that on my mama. I look good, I look fly. That's what's all right there also kill Bill by Sizza, that's a fire. Joint Album of the Year, Taylor Swift, Janelle Money, John Baptiste, Best New Artist, Coco Jones, Victoria Money, She is going to have a big night. Victoria Monet, Best Rap Album, Your Boy, Steve Drake, Drake Drizzy Drake, Travis Scott, Metro Booming, Best Gospel Kirk Franklin nominations, Erica Campbell, Tasha carb Leonard, TDD Trivit Maverick City.
Speaker 1: So that's a, yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: The Grammys will take place on Sunday, February third, twenty twenty four in La.
Speaker 1: That's it, all right, okay, all right, Well, speaking of Kirk Franklin.
Speaker 2: You mentioned one other piece of h I have one other piece of music news yet another sad year that I have not been nominated for or grimmy. I just wanted to put that on.
Speaker 1: You are Roscoe.
Speaker 2: I am Roscoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just got checked.
Speaker 8: Oh surprise, really surprise, surprise. All right, but you mentioned Kirk Franklin, Carla. Have you all seen the video of Kirk getting upset with his new driver because his new driver put a step stool in front of the back passenger door.
Speaker 1: He was just trying to help Kirk get in his car, get in his suv.
Speaker 8: Kirk was not too happy about it, and he was trying to get just keep it together and not go off on the guy because he knows Jesus, that's what Kirk said. That's what Kirk says, Yeah, I know Jesus. That's when Kirk tells the driver to move the stool out of the way. Kirk tried to jump up and get in the suv, but he slid right back.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 1: But he did make it. He did making now on the second attempt, if.
Speaker 2: You need to try your truck, you need that damn steps too.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 2: Now the new driver saw that, So Tommy, how does you're not going to do it? That I ain't had the long jump into no truck.
Speaker 1: So and then he slid.
Speaker 2: Right on the back out of it, and that you got to have that dough in your hand and slang that with you.
Speaker 1: I told you that's a lot.
Speaker 2: At the kirk before you mess around, hit yourself without trying to do it. Bring the step to so you don't keep doing what you're doing because the war show or something. Then you jump up in at that chair and you slide down there. People go, hey, you'll know on the mz T show.
Speaker 1: Union BMC talking like that, he did. The drivers.
Speaker 2: Me called my experience. I've been driving. I've been driving a celebrity people for over forty four years.
Speaker 8: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, Black Republican Senator Tim Scott drops out of the GLT presidential race.
Speaker 2: I knew that, Hey, sheerly should I used to. I used to drive Jane Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Oh did she?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 10: Did you?
Speaker 5: Day?
Speaker 1: Tim Scott is out. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show and trending political news.
Speaker 8: Republican South Carolina Senator Tim Scott, who had hoped to become the first African American to secure the Republican nomination, is dropping out of the twenty twenty four presidential race.
Speaker 1: Tim Scott's decision to.
Speaker 8: End his campaign came as a surprise to his camp paying staffers, who only fought out after watching his interview on Fox TV. I only found out. Yeah, they found out. Yeah, they found out on Fox.
Speaker 2: That's the Republican way. That's how they do it. Yeah, that's how they The Republicans don't have no meeting with people. They go on Fox and tell it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, voters had questions about Scott's marital status after he refused to reveal his girlfriend's identity, leading some to question whether he had a girlfriend at all.
Speaker 1: Well, Tim Scott ended.
Speaker 8: The mystery after the last week's GOP debate in Miami when he introduced his girlfriend on stage. All right, that's how you do it, Senator Scott. She was a white woman named Mindy Knos, Mindy Nose.
Speaker 2: Where she called from a white girl named Mindy come on.
Speaker 1: Now, according to uh huh, yeah you want you want to see her right here?
Speaker 2: And I'm dropping out the race boy. And you know what it is, man, because they was questioning his sexuality. That's the reality of it. They can stop, Yeah, that's what all it is. Man, Stop dancing around the issue. They were questioning his sexuality. And in the Republican Party, there is no way they can let that walk with their hypocritical self. They are hypocrites over there. So they got to act like they ain't gonna do it now now we we we you know, that's that's just well, I'm glad I ain't say that, but that's that's what.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 2: One that was finn to come out that was not gonna be radio open believe I myself. Yeah, but that's what's happening with the brother. I don't know how you thought it was gonna be president in damn way.
Speaker 8: Why do you say that you didn't think he had a chance. Well, his numbers were low in the polls though.
Speaker 2: The publicans crazy. Do y'all really think Republicans in this country will nominate a black person? Are you kidding me? Do you all know the real real Republicans in this country. You think they will nominate a black person, they still party there? Do you know who they really are?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 2: You can forget that Tim Scott or Richard Steele or whatever that guy's.
Speaker 1: Name was, Michael, Yeah, yeah, we ain't heard from her show once.
Speaker 2: You can't do what they want you to do. They threw with you ain't even in Georgia no more. They look house. They bought. He took the stupid there and put him right on back in Texas.
Speaker 8: Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour. Uh, it is time to play who on the show?
Speaker 1: Right after this? You're listening morning show? All right, guys, it's time to play who on the show?
Speaker 8: You know this is where I ask a series of questions and your answer will be someone on the show.
Speaker 1: So are you guys ready? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Who on the show is most likely to eat with their mouth open? Steve? Who on the show is most likely to spend there?
Speaker 2: What are you looking over here for?
Speaker 1: Just don't splatter.
Speaker 2: Now, I can't close my mouth. Let me eat some of it down and then I close my mouth. I close to swallow. If one time you got to close your mouth. You try to swallow with your mouth over watches here right there, Try to swallow with your mouthful.
Speaker 1: You can't do it, can't do it.
Speaker 2: Can you see? That's little stuff? I know technically because.
Speaker 1: Your mouth you've tried to do it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that way, I can't swallow yet.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Who on the show is most likely to spend all their money on something stupid?
Speaker 1: We all know the answer to that. That's me.
Speaker 13: That's that's taking all my money on something stupid. That miles variety. You don't remember that good point. We forgot about it.
Speaker 2: I am using this.
Speaker 9: It stopped on the light at on West Tim I said, that's it right here. Few people paying nephew time to taking the pictures and stuff. Man, I just waiting on the rest.
Speaker 2: I told you not to buy that car.
Speaker 8: Who won the show is most likely to use curse words in a sentence.
Speaker 2: We already know who that is. It's either me or calling I don't want to say in that one. Yeah, I know you don't want to be in that one. But I'm gonna spread. I'm gonna spread some of this. That's gonna be either me or call the caller. Gonna let you have it. Don't.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 1: Who on the show is most likely to be a gambler?
Speaker 8: Deep?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What is?
Speaker 2: And when you sit there with him, don't do what he don't know?
Speaker 10: I have done that.
Speaker 2: I've done that.
Speaker 1: Who on the show is most likely to end a relationship after a week? Monica about him?
Speaker 10: She does not like?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right? Who on the show is most likely to smoke weed?
Speaker 2: Wow? Well, who needs I don't. I ain't never smoked weed, but you do need to smoke weed to Sureley.
Speaker 6: Hi smoke.
Speaker 9: You need to pat yourself prescription. I tell you gotta teach you to cook something. You'll learn, you'll start.
Speaker 2: Getting because your.
Speaker 1: Thank you if you take it.
Speaker 2: You see, you can go down there and get a medical call because you take them big eyes down there telling me sure that they see your eyes, they're gonna leave some script. Take your glass off and go. I got black Homer, can I get yes?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 8: Who on the show is most likely to become a stripper? Tommy Tommy, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Hand put my hand up, cinnamon.
Speaker 2: Called, I'll do it, Tommy, Tommy Tommy do it? Because he thank you to Yes, I mean they're making it rain the right way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who on the show is most likely to have sex at work.
Speaker 2: Everybody on him.
Speaker 10: Know that.
Speaker 2: I'm idn't. Hell, Well, that's Tommy. You got no limit, all right?
Speaker 1: Who on the show?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Who on the show is most likely to name their own privates?
Speaker 2: Both of us?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Look at the time, that's one show for today.
Speaker 2: You had to name it.
Speaker 1: American Express membership has its privileges. I Field Garfield all right? Coming up next, nephew Temmy's frank phone call. Right after this, you're listening Hard Morning show. Coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: Right about four minutes after it's my Strawberry letter for today. In the subject is he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Do it right.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll fix it. Yeah, we need some help. He needs to fix it. He had some help.
Speaker 2: I know you're not doing it right. People that don't do it right don't know they're not doing it right.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Yeah. They think what I've heard from what I heard, the think they're putting it down.
Speaker 7: You're right.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you were experienced? But it was just what you heard.
Speaker 2: This is what I heard. I had read it.
Speaker 9: Read a lot when I'm on the plane, I read a lot.
Speaker 8: A lot, all right, we'll find out what that strawberry letter is all about. Just a few because right now the.
Speaker 7: Nephew is here.
Speaker 8: You hear them with today's prank phone called nephew? Who are you pranking today?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What is this one all about? Please?
Speaker 9: Well, before we do this shirt, let me say this right here. I don't know what's going on in Virginia Beach. I have no earthly idea. I added a show, y'all. Y'all heard me yesterday that I added a yo thirty on Saturday. I added the show.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why three hundred people have already ran up there and got them ticket. I don't know what note a but about thirty te What are y'all doing? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: What is happening?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Am I a big thing? I don't think so, I don't stop. But I'm grateful, man, I'm grateful. I'm humble.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 9: Y'all you're spending your money to come see you boy, I'm not gonna let you down.
Speaker 2: Virginia Beach.
Speaker 9: I am there, baby, Friday and Saturday two. On Friday three, on Saturday, the Nephew is coming through Virginia Beach, playing in to cut timy Teas that's December eight, nine ten.
Speaker 2: That's in Oakland, California.
Speaker 9: And then I keep talking about it Tacoma, Washington because I've never been there. December fifteen through the seventeenth Nate Jackson Super Funny Comedy Club. All right, the food is coming to town. And right now, this brink right here is your son and my daughter. Your son and my daughter. Oh, we're gonna get to the bottom boat right now, let's go get them.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm trying to reach Darren's Darren's father. Is this Darren's father.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's Dare I say.
Speaker 7: Listen, I'm calling you. La. Shanda is my daughter. She goes to college up there with your son.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: And I'm getting the word I got a few minutes ago was that the two of them then run off and then got married together. I don't know what what what what makes them run off and get married?
Speaker 10: Like wait, wait, wait wait wait, where'd you hear this from?
Speaker 7: I just got a phone call from one of the kids at the school saying that they didn't this A girl that grew up with and went to grew up with all two grade school. She called it sat La Shonda And there and then Redhoff and got married together. And they've done that. They say they've done it yesterday.
Speaker 10: But I said, hey, wait, wait my Sunday, my father ain't I talked to him, uh about three days ago, and he ain't done nothing like that.
Speaker 7: I know, so, Dad, yesterday I've been calling Shonda a call. Ain't nobody picking up and I'm calling the boy. Then give me the bar phone number and I'm calling him. It ain't nobody picking up in the answer or nothing. Dude, it ain't like my baby girl do like nothing, not nothing like this here.
Speaker 10: But it's not like my father do nothing like that without talking to me first. So let me call down there and talk to Darren and uh, I can't give me your number, and I'll I'll call you back.
Speaker 7: I'm going down there to that school myself. I'm gonna find more of them now. I'm gonna call you to let you know his Now, if I find out that my baby girl and then ran off and got married because she done got pregnant, I promise you I'm gonna do something of that boy. Yes, if you got my baby pregnant, you me wait a minute, now.
Speaker 12: Wait a minute, now you got them do nothing to my son.
Speaker 10: I understand about your daughter. That's my son.
Speaker 12: Now you're going down to.
Speaker 10: Put your hands on my son.
Speaker 7: If you got if you got me, that's my only baby. I got.
Speaker 12: Well, well, I understand that's your only baby, because that's that's my only son. If you tell me I'm gonna put your ass on, you're gonna have a problem.
Speaker 7: If you got my baby's pregnant, your son, Darren Gory, I'm gonna be I mean, what's your name again?
Speaker 12: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Done?
Speaker 10: My name?
Speaker 7: It's my baby.
Speaker 12: What's what's your name?
Speaker 7: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 12: I know how you tell you damn name?
Speaker 10: Look at mister Diller. Uh, you're not gonna put.
Speaker 12: Your ass on my son.
Speaker 7: I love me pregnant I have And that's the only reason I haven't see her doing something like that because I'm taller you. I'm taller years and years and years. You don't make no baby. You don't make no baby.
Speaker 12: Not be mad you're doing Hey, yeah.
Speaker 7: Went on for god man.
Speaker 10: That means you're trying to make it right. That's what she did, mister Dillon. Mister Dillon, listen to me now, I die this dare that's your daughter sy she's pugging or whatever. But let me talk to my son before you go down there telling try to do something crazy. Okay, let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: Your son didn't call hers my baby girl and to get married, and he didn't got up pregnant. I know what's going on. I know what of them.
Speaker 10: My sur ain't done nothing to your daughter.
Speaker 12: Let me crawl down there and talk to him before you talk about going down there and putting your hands on somebody.
Speaker 7: I told my mother, I told them a lot thugs alrs. Nothing but a thug.
Speaker 12: I mean, I got to wait. Hoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 10: But don't be choosing my son of being No damn thorp.
Speaker 7: Now what kind of man w im getting mad at the age of twenty and I ain't talking to the parents and nobody wouldn't make him do something like that.
Speaker 12: Well, you're talking about my tody. My son ain't done nothing to you raising it?
Speaker 7: Did you raising dinner? You're raising right?
Speaker 10: Wait a minute, now, hell are you talking to I'm talking to my bringing.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna bet your boy you you're gonna get your too. Hold on O.
Speaker 12: Ho what you think you're talking?
Speaker 7: Tom talking to you? Ain't I'm talking to hold.
Speaker 12: Man, you're hands on. Nobody you put your hand on my choice.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 4: You understand me.
Speaker 12: That's my son, that's your daughter, but that's my man. Hey man, hey, hey, that's my show. You're talking about putting your hands on. You're gonna have a problem with.
Speaker 7: Me if my man be bringing up promises you never knowing now that because I'm gonna do something that boy.
Speaker 12: You every man, that's the last time on here you gonna send to my son. Now now you gonna uh sit down, gather your shirt and and then I will last for a minute. Let me call myself and I'll get back to you, because I need to tell you what's saying.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Where else you got?
Speaker 7: I got after farmer that school to get the woman. I want you to know one day before I get off this phone. What is it? Man?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm listening.
Speaker 7: His nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Mister Darren, you just got pranked by your son, Darren Jr.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, that boy. This boy got better sense than.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 10: I got high blood pressure. What I call his mama shows my time through on me.
Speaker 7: I gotta ask you, man, what is what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 10: It's Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Come on, give it to me a prank or some ye the prank or some hey. It was short, but it was lethal.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about some celebrities. I'm really trying to.
Speaker 1: Get who's on the top of your list to a Z.
Speaker 2: I gotta get him I was doing. I don't want to.
Speaker 9: I don't want to come at him with blue eye at him, cause that that that'll send jay Z into something here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come about a child. Okay, I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 2: Jay Z that he done stole some of my lyrics. I think that'll do.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, okay, I have I have one for you if you haven't done him already, and I don't think you have. Fedric the Entertainer, Yeah, you gotta prank him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Okay, my deal, Yes, why not?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Nephew Strawberry letter coming up and the subject is he doesn't do it right.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what that's all about. Right after this. You're listening Morning Show. See there's a new affiliate alert. Please welcome.
Speaker 6: W y E. T.
Speaker 1: F M and South Bend, Indiana. It's the New Mix one.
Speaker 8: O two three one O two point Indiana, South Bend, Indiana.
Speaker 2: That's right, I thought y'all said, YETI Indiana.
Speaker 1: That's the name of w y e.
Speaker 2: Oh it say South Bend. Yeah, Oh that changes thing wasn't really that I done knew it was. She South Ben. Now you up there by, see you and that Louis Triangle area with Ben Harbor and Gary, Indiana. See. So now we're getting in that little slide right there. I'm going back to Indiana, Indiana. Here, how I comes and what Jackson five for? We still think that house all.
Speaker 1: Right, but we got to welcome at Yeah, the.
Speaker 8: New Mix one O two point three Michiana's home for R and B and old School. Welcome to the Sea, Harvey family, welcome all right time Now for the Strawberry Letter for today. If you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEHARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Never, No, buckle up and hold on type we got it for you here It is strawberry.
Speaker 1: Letter thank you nephew's subject.
Speaker 8: He doesn't do it right, Dear Stephen Shirley, My husband behaves like a child when I ask him to do things around the house. He gets home from work and takes his clothes off and leaves them in the floor, then walks around in his boxers till bedtime. If I ask him to pick up his clothes off the floor, he kicks them into his side of the closet and into his side of the closet and he'll put them on top of the washing machine. He bypasses a hamper to take them all the way to the laundry room by our front door. Same with picking up behind himself in the kitchen. The few times that he helped me out with the dishes, he washed everything and put it in the dishwasher with the dirty dishes that were in there. When I ask him to do it, he doesn't do it right on purpose. Same thing with sex. If I initiate sex and he doesn't want to do it, he won't do it the way he knows I like it. He does it his way so he won't have to stop watching TV. And it's a turnof for me.
Speaker 1: I have switched the TV.
Speaker 8: Off on him and he stopped, turned it back on and laid down in the bed to finish washing watching his show. If I did that to him when he wants sex, he started a shouting match with me. He and I have had talks about him doing things without me asking him to do them, but he won't take the initiative, he said, when I ask him or tell him to do it, it makes him mad, so he does it his way, so I'll shut up. It causes me to do things to myself, and I'm tired of doing all the heavy lifting when I have a spouse that does whatever he wants to do. Why is this such a big problem for him to do things right the first time. Why doesn't it bother him when I ask him to help out around here? Why is he so resistant to me initiating sex? What's wrong with him? Well, I think you said it in the letter. Clearly he behaves like a child. He's selfish and immature. He doesn't understand or care about the rewards he would get if he puts you first and try to keep you happy. You heard the saying happy wife, happy life, a mature man gets that, A smart man knows that he acts like he doesn't even like you.
Speaker 1: I mean, he would be so crazy as.
Speaker 8: To turn the TV back on during sex after you turned it off during sex, and then he gets mad when you ask him to initiate it. Sometimes, Such a baby, such a little boy. I'm surprised that you still want to be with him at all the way he treats you. Why won't he help you, you ask, because you've let him get away with what he's been doing for so long. He has no incentive to do better. I mean, you gotta stop letting him treat you like this. You've got to change it up or you, guys won't make it very long. This doesn't look good, Steve.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna tell you right now on top of this letter, y'all ain't gonna make it. Y'all ain't gonna make it. I've seen this before. This is divorce proceedings. As we read, these are what's called divorce proceedings, meaning this is the type of behavior that proceeds a divorce. You all are not together, you ain't trying to be together. There is no compromise here. Everybody in this relationship is unhappy. The Steven Shirley. My husband behaves like a child when I ask him to do things around the house. Now listen to me. Some of this stuff you wrong about, lady, some of this stuff, but I can show you how to correct it. But I know y'all ain't gonna like this, but I'm just gonna tell you. Now, watch this right here. He gets home from work and he takes his clothes off, and he leaves him on the floor. Then he walks around the house in his boxes to bedtime. That's not childish. That's just a man doing what he want to do. Okay, he just doing what he want to do. He'd have been in the work clothes all day, he probably don't like his uniform or job, and come home, be free and walk around the boxes home. Now here's the danger of this letter. You have never said how long y'all been married. I could help you better if I knew that. But ain't nothing wrong with what he just did. If I ask him to pick up his clothes off the floor, he kicks them into his side of the closet, or he'll put them on top of the washing machine. He bypasses the hamper to take them all the way to the laundry room by a front door lady. Ain't that way they gonna end up if he put him into Hample. Ain't a hample gonna eventually go to the laundry room. So what you're tripping for right there? But I'm gonna tell you what it is about him. And I was gonna wait till we come back, but i'ma give you all the teaser. This is in radio call TSL or T T sentence. Yeah, time spent listening.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Stave.
Speaker 2: This is because you are nagging him. And I will tell you what nagging is when we come back. And I don't care if you don't like it, sure, and.
Speaker 1: You know I don't. Steve Harmer, we'll have a part We'll have part two of.
Speaker 8: Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter, subject he doesn't do it right. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 8: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: The subject is he doesn't do it right.
Speaker 2: Here's a couple that's in this are called divorce proceedings and in this letter, it means these are the things that proceed a divorce. This is what happens that leads to divorce this couple. Right here, she says, he doesn't do it right. Let us go quickly. My husband behaves like a child when I ask him to do things around the house. He gets home from work, he takes his clothes off and he leaves them in the floor, then waits. Then he walks around in his boxes to bedtime. Like I said earlier, there's nothing childish about that. He don't like his work uniform. He just want to walk around in his draws. I got that. If I ask him to pick up his clothes off the floor, he kicks them into his side of the closet, or he'll put them on top of the washing machine. He bypasses the hamper to take them all the way to the laundry room by our front door. What's wrong with that? You tell the man to pick it up, he kick him to the closet. I don't want him kicked in the closet. He picks them up, takes them all the way to the laundry room, put them on top of the washingman sheet. Now guess what you're mad at because he done bypass the hamper. Well, ain't that where the hamper going? Eventually that hamper always finds his way to the laundry room. But you know why he not doing it the way you want him to do it and how you want him to do it, because he in his mind you are nagging him. And that's exactly what you're doing. And I will tell you why it's called nagging. Nagging is your timing and your tone. That's what's called nagging, ladies. It's your timing and your tone. He your husband, He ain't your baby. So if you see your man, you know your man take his clothes off every day when he come over it. You know he like walking around here his drawer, that's what he liked to do. Pick your clothes up off the floor. He kicked him in the closet. Don't kick your clothes in that closet. He picked him up and take him to the washing machine. What you want, damn, Just let the man kick his clothes off and take him to the washing machine. What difference do it make? But it ain't what you want. Now, that's where you're wrong. The rest of it is on him though, same with picking up behind himself in the kitchen. The few times that he helped me out with the dishes, he washed everything that was good and then put it in the dishwasher with the dirty dishes that we're in. Now, okay, he's stupid. Now see I said, See, lady, I'm gonna tell you where you're wrong. But he is stupid. He washed everything and put it in dish washing with the dirty dishes that we're in there. When I asked him to do it, he doesn't do it right on purpose, because I'm telling you, ma'am, it's the timing and the tone that you are using with this man, and this is his way of rebelling. I promise you we are simple. This is his way of rebelling. Same thing with sex. If I initiate sex and he don't want to do it, he won't do it the way he know I like it. Well, let's get to your women too, because when y'all give us sex and y'all don't really want to, it ain't the same. We just don't care at all. Yeah, we just don't care. See that's difference.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See see, you asked us for sex and we don't want to have it. And then you come in here and get it. Yeah, I ain't gonna do it the where you want to. I told you I ain't want to.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: See now, you got attitude. We on the other hand, if you just give it to us at you ain't gotta want to, you ain't gotta feel like if you just give it to us, we don't care. I knew it wasn't your best. Your best. He is pretty good though, yeah you know, Yeah, y'all's even if it's it ain't up to quality, It's still good though. It's like pizza ud in that box in the morning. Yes, lord, Same thing with sex. If I initiate your sex, he won't. He doesn't wan't to. He won't do it the way he know I like it. He does it his way so he won't have to stop watching TV. And it's a turn off to me. I have switched the TV off on him, and he stopped, turned it back on and laid down in the bed to finish watching his show. See I told you not, now, baby, Hold up, I'm watching something. You make the man have sex? He gonna watch TV? Why y'all having sex? That's trifling? You reach over and turn the TV off. He stopped, turned TV back on. Now, he laid out, now you had your little sex, let me going back to watching this show. Y'all not gonna make it. Y'all ain't gonna make it, because once again, he's stupid. If I did that to him when he want sex, he started shouting match with me, he's stupid again. How you gonna holler at the purse you trying to have sex with? How you think that's gonna work.
Speaker 5: Out for you?
Speaker 2: Any baby? Let's go and get into something. I don't want to know the hell you mean. You don't want to cool?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Hey, bruh, bruh. If you want to make sure you don't have sex, mess with a moment's moved because they have to be in the mood. They not like us. We just have to be in the room. They have to be in the moved. See there's a big difference. It's two double o's in each word. But we have to just be in the room. They had to be in the movie. He said, when I asked him to tell him to do it, it makes him mad. You know why. It makes it mad because he feels like you naggative, miss your tone and your timing. Lady, he tied of you, naggat him, and he don't like you no more. End of letter.
Speaker 8: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app now coming up at forty six minutes after the hour. You guys can be married, don't live together in the same house. We'll talk about a couple who does just that right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show. All right, guys.
Speaker 8: So, back in September, comedian and actor Jay Moore married Jeanie Buss. We all know Genie Buss because she's the president of the La Lakers. This marriage is interesting because Genie and Jay not only don't sleep in the same bed, they don't even live in the same building unit. Okay, Jeannie lives on the third floor of the building, Jay lives on the first floor, and some I don't know, some random couple lives in between the two of them on the second floor. So here's a question, how about you and your partner. Do you spend every moment together whenever you can as much as you can, or do you, you know, do your best to give each other, as much space as possible, as often as possible, and could you you know, how would you feel about living apart in all of that?
Speaker 9: But they'll get a lot across the street that's for sale. If I get that lot cross the street. If I can get that lot, you got building only by twenty twenty four, stay cross street from Jackie nie kids. Kay, why do you need that much? You are so stupid.
Speaker 2: The peacefulness, the time to yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're getting on your nerves.
Speaker 8: Huh wait, I know Jackie wants to fly away, you get Yes, I know she wants to go.
Speaker 2: She might chipend on the lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got the dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know everybody needs me time. Me time is critical. Yeah, you got to have some time to yourself where you don't have to worry about what your spouse is thinking, wanting, or saying. Because I do things when I'm around my boys that I will not do around her.
Speaker 1: She can't see me, of course, Yeah, she can't see me.
Speaker 2: Ladies, what I'm finished saying, you're not gonna believe coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: The whole idea of marriage is to be together. But what's over.
Speaker 2: Not all the time, but together all the time. Yeah, where I go?
Speaker 5: Here you go.
Speaker 2: Like Marjorie now is talking about. She told me yesterday, Steve, I want to take up golf so we can play golf together. I went up to that golf course and told everybody up there, my wife, come up here. You'll schedule this book.
Speaker 1: So you want that to be just your thing, not a week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't want golf course. Two of the questions eighteen holes with my wife?
Speaker 2: What hell?
Speaker 7: Game?
Speaker 2: Golf A hard game. I already can't play. Now I know she can't play. How do I I don't know.
Speaker 8: Okay, guys, coming up at the top of the hour, a guy on social media needs some advice Steve. He's been invited to a wedding, but not to the bachelor party. We'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: All right, So Steve Eddie on Steve Harvey FM. Right, I was invited to a good friend's wedding, but I'm not invited to the bachelor party. It seems to include a lot of mutual friends, and I'm kind of mad and hurt about this, Uncle.
Speaker 1: Stephen Morning Crew.
Speaker 8: I want to participate in all the bachelor party festivities with special guests Cinnamon, Glitter, Olympia and them.
Speaker 1: If you know what I mean? Should I bring this up with the groom or just let it go and focus on the wedding.
Speaker 2: Well, see, Eddie, you got to figure out now. You know, everybody got some friends that they can do this with. Everybody got some friends where they don't do that with them.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 2: It's certain people, man, like my boy Radcliffe. He'll minister and I'll need of him seeing all this.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 2: All right, don't need to see that that that ain't gonna Yeah, And what it is, Eddie, is just something about you, something in your character that does not fit into what they plan for the bachelor party. And you gotta be honest with yourself. Maybe they trying to spare you from it, like Eddie didn't say what he did, you know, or Eddie, maybe you wanted them dudes where you tell your wife everything and they know it. So they got to keep Eddie away from this hell, right, you know? So it is it's a flaw in you, Eddie. You gotta recognize what it is. It's not that they don't like you, man, Maybe they trying to protect you because they know how you are.
Speaker 9: You know, don't want ed ass around, right? Yeh?
Speaker 2: I know, and that's what it is.
Speaker 9: Eddie.
Speaker 2: You can't touch the dancers, not Eddie. Ain't no Edie grab people touching people. Now I just lost it. See Eddie, you we told you you can't touch you dance.
Speaker 8: Their names are Cinnamon, which is your super name, Glitter which.
Speaker 1: Was mine, Olympia and them world why.
Speaker 2: Keyword?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know when they call you Olympia, I know what's happened to me.
Speaker 1: Coming to the stage.
Speaker 2: Yes, olympiall.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's what it is, all right. I think we have time for another one.
Speaker 8: Steve Ashley on Facebook says, my neighbor lets her cat roam around the neighborhood. The cat is sweet and friendly, but it often comes into my yard, digs up plants in my garden and leaves unwanted gifts behind. I've spoken to them politely about it, but nothing's changed. How would you suggest I handle this without damaging my relationship with my neighbor?
Speaker 2: Get a pit bull?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that will help. That would do it?
Speaker 2: Ass over here again, scratch up some moat yard and watch this here.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, that would do it.
Speaker 2: No, let's get your pit bull. I don't want it, and then not to hurt the cat, but not a cat. See the pit bull. He ain't going over there any other suggestion to be detrimental to the cat's health. You know, you can't put no no spray out or nothing like that. You know, kill the cat and nothing like that. It ain't worth it, you know. But the pit bull will discourage the cats. You ain't got to go that big Tommy, want a cane of course of what you want to do? Rioting?
Speaker 9: Oh we quit fop tang in this morning? Okay, sitting in that big ass dug. I can't pull it off him. I wasn't ready for it going down. And thereighborhood was that Tommy.
Speaker 5: I was ready.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get ready, get back to.
Speaker 1: Tommy.
Speaker 2: Thebuta can Courso is that a saddle on? That damn talk?
Speaker 1: Is that a what say?
Speaker 2: Hey dog dog? I'm scared of it. I wish I had a picture.
Speaker 1: So Tommy, you thinking about really getting one of those dolls?
Speaker 7: My wife?
Speaker 2: Oh cool, you ain't getting one. We can stop this right now.
Speaker 1: Aren't they gentle though? Like they're great with ain't general? Okay?
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll have more on the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up in twenty minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Research from the National Retail Federation review that Americans expect to spend and average of eight hundred and seventy five dollars on holiday gifts, decorations, food, and other seasonal items. Overall, holiday spending is expected to reach record levels in November and December, and the most popular gift is still gift cards, with fifty five percent of shoppers saying they'd like to get them this year, followed by clothes and accessories, books, video games or other media, and personal care or beauty items. So here's a question for you guys. Do you have a budget for holiday spending and do you actually stick to it if.
Speaker 2: You do, I wish it was eight seventy five. I wish it was that.
Speaker 1: Please Lord boy, you wish that was your budget. I wish that was the Yeah, I stick to my budget. Do you those your budget eight seventy five or more more? It's a little more more?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I go.
Speaker 9: I go over every because I make sure I give my wife everything. I thanks you most. I'll go away overboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know you gotta cut back on buying for everybody.
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: You can't do what budget?
Speaker 2: You're my wife everything she won't and more. No, we're not fin to do that. No, no, no, we're not finna do that. You're gonna get two different worlds though. No, no, no, no, we're in the same world. You're sitting up here getting everything she won't and more. Yeah, you crazy sit out and talk to her so you can find out what that really is.
Speaker 1: The hour, we'll play another round of would you rather?
Speaker 8: Right after this you're listening morning show, It's time now for a round. Would you rather? Would you rather do a Christmas shopping in advance or would you rather shop at the last minute, you know that last minute New Year's Eve, New Christmas Eve shopping.
Speaker 2: If you do that from you're gonna end up giving somebody something that didn't have a lot of thought behind it, especially if the person is important to you. Okay, I'm strongly suggesting fellas that right after Thanksgiving you start purchasing that gift.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, now don't why go ahead?
Speaker 9: Will we ever go through a Christmas and just not do all these gifts, and it's just the not just enjoyed the season.
Speaker 8: You want to.
Speaker 2: You could try that.
Speaker 1: Giving.
Speaker 2: You can enjoy that season if you want to, but you ain't gonna enjoy nothing else, all right? Would you go ahead?
Speaker 8: Would you rather go for a Christmas lights drive? You know, go drive around and see all the Christmas lights? Or would you rather go to a Christmas church Christmas play with a live Nativity scene?
Speaker 2: I'd rather I hadn't been in ten of them. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Did you play Jesus.
Speaker 2: The only one? The only one? Wait?
Speaker 1: Hold on, what what Steve?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was baby Jesus. He was the only grown up they could find that could lay still. Shut up, boy up. They swallowed him, put it in last, laid him down in that Hey, baby's so gentle. He swallow him, swallow.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Would you rather eat at the kid's table? Would you rather eat at the kid's table or the adult table?
Speaker 2: Who would you talk to? Shir I'm talking to I'm a grown grown man. I don't eat at no kids so you don't can fit at the keyd table. I can't fit at the kids day. I can't fit with that damn table. But why you getting mad at shill?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the tone?
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 14: Because we're waddled all these Christmas here you get you Jesus in the grass and now and now he over that the little kid had.
Speaker 2: Taken because you're you're an ugly ass wise man. Shut up.
Speaker 8: After forty nine minutes, after the hour that is today's rounded, would you rather I'd.
Speaker 2: Rather beat the ugly ass wives man than little ug lads?
Speaker 7: Baby?
Speaker 1: I love the day.
Speaker 8: Closing remarks with the one and only Steve Burdy right after this, you're listening hard Morning show. All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day on this Tuesday. It was a good day, good day today, and we have to say welcome to the Steve Harvey family to our brand new affiliate w y E t F M and South Bend Indiana. Steve, now you know about South Bend, Indiana. It's the new Mix.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, the new Mix one on two point three.
Speaker 8: Michiana's home for R and B and old school nice And where were you saying, uh huh welcome?
Speaker 2: So we got Indiana kind of has a special place in my heart a little bit because it was my very first road GIG ever out of Cleveland. Oh really, I had come down seventy one south to Columbus, Ohio and got on seventy west.
Speaker 1: And did you know how you got GP y'all get lost?
Speaker 7: Y'all need to.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well it was done back then, it sure was, you know. Can I tell you another fact? I have never ever used GP yes on my car ever?
Speaker 1: Really, so you know where you're going every single time you get in a car.
Speaker 2: Well, it's no way. I'm getting in my car and I don't know where I'm going. It is no way.
Speaker 1: That's never been a new location of some place of business or something that you.
Speaker 2: I got to know where I'm going. I can't sit up here and read the screen and you left her. No, I have to know where I'm going. I can't do that. Well I don't know. First of all, I got a driver, so yes, problem. But I'm just saying, when I do drive, I never use GPS because I have to know where I'm going. That's I can't. It's just the old way of doing stuff. I can't get that out of my head. It's like I don't go nowhere without cash.
Speaker 1: My kids be talking, Dad, you don't need to say that.
Speaker 2: Well, it don't matter what what are you finna? Do You have bodyguards but I have people who are paid to hurt you. You don't want to do this to me? Just stop. I ain't through. I don't want no problems. But then I don't want.
Speaker 1: Well Indiana's story anyway.
Speaker 2: So I drove to Bloomington, Indiana. It was my first gig ever. On the road I left home no iron, I just did. I didn't know how to thank it through. And I'm and that. I get to the hotel that the agent told me, I was standing there, which was a red roof end. I went up to the counter and the counter said, your roommate is already in the room. So I said, okay, I need roommate, but I ain't you know, I can't argue. This is my first gig. I figured this how I go? So I go up there and knock on the door. A black dude opened the door and it's j Anthony Brown. What And I said, hey, man, how you doing? I said, my name is Steve Hargis. Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I said, I'm your roommate. Not as soon as he opened the door, I noticed it's two beds in there, but it's stuff all over every bed. It was a long cord crossed the room. It was a sewing machine in there. I said, what is this? I said, hey man, I'm your room man. He said, no, no, no, no no. I don't do roommates. Man, I don't do roommates. I'm a headliner. I don't do roommates. I said, well, bro, I don't know what to tell you. But the dude told me that I have a roommate and you and you here, so he said, now, man, you got to get your own room. I said, hey, bro, that can't happen. I ain't got no money. Janthony Brown reached in his pocket gave me thirty dollars. He said, hey, man, go go downstairs, get yourself a room, and don't and don't let your white folks tell you you got a roommate. No more learn that. I said, okay, bo, I ain't no nothing. So I went downstairs. Now got my own room. And I'm up there and it's getting close to showtime. And I got about three hours and I started pulling my stuff out of my bag, all my clothes wrinkling. I remember that, I mean this dude, room. I saw ironing board, sewing machine. So I went back up there and knocked on the door. He said, hey man, what's happening. I told you I don't do room. Mat say, hey man, come up here. I got the room, I said, but can I borrow your iron? I say, because I ain't got no iron. He said, hey, little man, how you out here on the roads? They ain't got no iron? I said, okay, you know, but I normally didn't let nobody talk to me like that. But I saw this dude was more advanced than the game than me, so I took it, and he said, man, use it.
Speaker 8: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show