Speaker 1: This radio Thain Streams Media outlet Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Kick I'm YOI they then imna come here when this DJ Infy and Charlamagne the God being there next to all of you guys.
Speaker 3: It's really this.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you'll always keeping.
Speaker 5: One honey, y'all keep it real.
Speaker 2: But what better place than than here.
Speaker 6: I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club and start out.
Speaker 2: Y'all want to shake it up.
Speaker 7: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Charlemagne the Guy, Peace to the plane.
Speaker 8: It is Tuesday, Yes, it's Tuesday. Good morning, good morning, another day to serve. How y'all feel out down? I feel bluffed? Black and Holly favorite, what's happening? Absolutely good morning man, great Tuesday. Yes it is now. Black Thought will be joining us this morning. We want to put that out there, of course, Black Thought from the roots. He has a new book, The Upcycled Self. Yes, it's a memoir on the art of becoming who we are.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yes, So we'll be kicking with him in a little bit. I mean, Black Thought got such a rich story.
Speaker 9: I mean, people know, you know, Black Thought is a phenomenal limb see correct from the roots. But you know, if you know his backstory from Philadelphia, that man has overcome a lot of tragedy, that's right, that people may not even realize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to discuss that all this morning.
Speaker 9: To be able to function after both your parents were murdered, murdered, Yeah, come on, man, come on, So we'll be talking to Black Thought this morning.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 8: And also let me salute to the Amazon Prime drivers this morning.
Speaker 2: One of them scared the is shot at me.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that they delivered between two or two and five am as well. Yeah, well this morning somebody rang my my my gate buzzers to ring the bell at five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they rang it at full forty five.
Speaker 8: And it's scared ish of man because I seen the prime jacket, but I thought it was a set of I was like, either this is an elaborate setup, well, this is really the Prime guy. And it was really the Prime guy. I almost let the dog out on him, but it was really you know, the Prime guy. Older man ran up the you know driveway dropped off the package. But I was like, what did my wife need at four forty five this morning?
Speaker 9: It's nothing that she needed, it's just that that's when they do delivery. Oh, it's a service, and she ordered it, I'm sure prior. Oh, and that's when they delivered. That happened to me before I thought you get to pick your delivery time.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 8: I was like, what the hell is in this box? That's four forty that she needed at four forty five this morning? Well, I want to salute all the Prime drivers for your service. Yeah, I appreciate it, but you're scared of this shadow me this morning because.
Speaker 9: There's somebody waking up this morning hoping to get their package in a timely fashion and it's already there right now.
Speaker 8: Yes, so they delivered it that for something that's right four forty five. I wanted to open it up just to see what it was. So I'm like, what did he have to deliver four forty five? But yes, salute to all the Amazon Prime drivers. We appreciate you. All right, let's get the show crack and just want to tell everybody to make a million's two hundred and forty five million dollars. So if you get a chance, definitely get a ticket.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, never know, that's right.
Speaker 9: The holiday season, that little extra Christmas money will come in handy, ain't little little extra?
Speaker 2: I know that ain't. There's a lot of Christmas Morning, all right, But.
Speaker 8: When we come back, we got front page news, Sessling figure will be joining us.
Speaker 2: You'll break down what's happening out there in the world, So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club on be et.
Speaker 8: Good morning morning everybody. It's dj NV, Charlemagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 10: Good morning TZ, Good morning, dj V Charlemagne, the God, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Family peace. Now, let's start off with some quick sports.
Speaker 8: Last night the Broncos beat the Bills twenty four to twenty two. All right, now, they're saying Aaron Rodgers is going to come back mid December.
Speaker 2: I don't see it. Snow way in hell. I don't know, but that's what they're saying. Had a torn.
Speaker 9: Achilles man Like, come on, man, since when does that happen? I don't know how many much has it been? Three four I've never teid about went out September so I've never told me nobody three months nobody coming back from Achilles injury that fast. Come on, man, all right, what up, Taz?
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: The Secret Service open fire you soday. I don't know if you guys saw that all over the news.
Speaker 11: Listen to the report.
Speaker 13: The Secret Service agent opened fire last night after encountering three people who are allegedly trying to break into an unmarked Secret Service vehicle in Washington. Source to say this agent is assigned to protect President Biden's granddaughter Naomi, who.
Speaker 12: Was not with the agent when the incident occurred.
Speaker 13: A spokesperson for the Secret Services, no one was struck and the alleged offenders fled the scene.
Speaker 9: Oh, the Secret Service did their job. I didn't know they could open fire just for, you know, somebody trying to break into a car, break it.
Speaker 2: To a car. That's what I was going to ask.
Speaker 5: But not only that.
Speaker 8: Secret Service supposed to be like the best shooters out there. So the fact that there was three of them and nobody got hit kind of concerns me a little bit too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I thought of that too. He I was like, it seemed like they would have.
Speaker 2: Hit somebody, especially what maybe they wasn't trying to hit him. I don't know.
Speaker 11: Well, the three people are still flaeing in a red car.
Speaker 10: And just to give you some additional facts, Washington has seen a significant rise in carjackings and car thefts just this year long. Police have reported seven hundred and fifty car jackings this year. More than six thousand reports are stolen vehicles. So this is a real issue. They've also had some previously some representatives who also you know, have had their cars broken into by armed assailants.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: But it's a lot going on in Washington. They said the rise of crime has been up more than forty percent just this year long.
Speaker 9: So who investigates the secret Service because the story doesn't quite sound right, like, you know, it feels like it would require just a little bit more peeking behind the curtain just to see what actually happened in this situation, you know what I mean. Somebody trying to break into a car, y'all decide to shoot, nobody gets hit, and the.
Speaker 2: People get away.
Speaker 9: It's a little a little bit of an investigation, a little bit concerned a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's just see if this just holds up.
Speaker 10: That's all that's all they did say they are investigating, but like you said, who is investigating them?
Speaker 11: And then who's investigating the investigators?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, when they say they'd be investigated, who's investigating?
Speaker 11: Right, Well, it just says authorities. Authorities are that.
Speaker 2: That just means they're investigating who did the robbery? Who is a red car? That's what they're looking at.
Speaker 9: And then when they say protecting Biden's granddaughter, granddaughter, but the granddaughter wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what say, So why would you open fire unless they were open firing on you?
Speaker 9: This is why you gotta have an investigation. The's one of them stories that if I was to tell it, people wouldn't be holding it, you know, saying.
Speaker 2: People be asking questions.
Speaker 8: That's how I feel when I heard When I heard it, I just feel like Secret Service they're trained, you know, supposed to be the elite, and if they're shooting, they should be hitting the target. And this is why it's important to read too, because you see the headline, right, this headline is secret Service agent protecting Biden's granddaughter opens fire. But y'all telling me that the granddaughter wasn't even she wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was just a call.
Speaker 9: They just was trying to break into the car. But all of these headlines make it seem like they were protecting the granddaughter. The granddaughter was there in the moments. They were really.
Speaker 2: Protecting the Ford Explorer or whatever type of car it was.
Speaker 10: Maybe they thought, maybe they would they could do something to this floor. I don't know, put put something in the bomb.
Speaker 11: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I got this.
Speaker 2: I need, I need, I need a more thoroughly instigation.
Speaker 10: Well, hopefully, hopefully the Metropolitan Police Department can use some information, because that's what they said they're doing. They are investigating, and the facts and evidence in the case would be independently reviewed by the United States Attorney's Office.
Speaker 11: So we'll see how they work out. They couldn't find crack in the White House, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hold on now, I'm looking at it now.
Speaker 9: And the API says the agents assigned and protect Naomi Biden were out with her in the Georgetown neighborhood late Sunday when they saw the three people breaking a window of the park and unoccupied that suv.
Speaker 2: So she with them and not with me. I'll say she wasn't well, she wasn't in the car. What car? The car they was breaking into. There was no threat to her.
Speaker 8: That's what they were saying, that they were breaking into a car, that she wasn't there that meeting there meeting in the car. There was no threat to the young lady. M I investigated, inspect the gadget. They just need to see a little water. That's all right, Well that is.
Speaker 2: Front page news. We see you out there at the rock the bells cruise.
Speaker 11: Yes, I want a cruise right now, literally rocking back and forth. Wi Fi company.
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 11: Didn't want to miss from news. It's really important.
Speaker 8: All right, Well you enjoy. We'll see in a couple of minutes. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 14: Club, right right, ray yo, Charla mack chaffy, what up.
Speaker 15: Are we like?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool, door pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Get on the phone right now here. Tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We lie Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: This is AJ?
Speaker 5: How you doing AJ?
Speaker 14: What up?
Speaker 2: Getting off your chest? Hey?
Speaker 14: So I just wanted to speak in reference to the shooting when it comes to Secret Service, so I'm I'm there for it, and I used to be stationed up that way. So they treat those vehicles as if they're government property. So like if you try to fill a government flank, like on a base, gonna shoot at you because you're going near with that property.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 9: I'm seeing the details now they're saying that it was the vehicle was part of the protective detail for President Biden, your granddaughter.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so they gonna shoot that with You can't you can't even really supposed to go.
Speaker 8: Near those vehicles, man, Nah, I get a plane, because you could take a plane and crash into anything. But and the fact that they missed though, that that's kind of scary too, right, because they Secret Service they.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe they tried to miss. Maybe they weren't trying to hit them.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think they were probably you know, it's like those warning shots, Yeah, just to get you away.
Speaker 8: I'm shocked that they let him get away though, but they probably couldn't leave by his daughter to apprehend him, so they you know, they still got to protect Biden's daughter.
Speaker 2: It ain't just them. This is a detail. How many people think it wasn't on that detail?
Speaker 8: Probably probably three or three vehicles, four vehicle vehicles. You ever seen Have you ever seen a secret service detail for a granddaughter though?
Speaker 2: Bruh?
Speaker 8: Yes, you remember when Hillary Clinton and she was running for president Hillary Clinton, It don't matter she was, she wasn't.
Speaker 9: In an elected official. That's the US just running for president. Yeah, but that's the president's wife seeker service detailed.
Speaker 14: Detail too, because she was a friend president's wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when I be seeing Obama's daughter out and about, I don't be seeing the detail. You ain't supposed to see him, dumb ass.
Speaker 9: But run up on it and watch how mini uc run run down on there and watch how many you see people coming out the trees off the ground.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, the girl the sewer trade. What up, Trey, what up?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chants, brother.
Speaker 16: I got this little girlfriend mine. She'd be clocking me like she my mother always think I'm trying to cheat when I'm just going to the store.
Speaker 2: Like well, first of all, you can't Curtis the second of all, did you cheat before?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I cheated before.
Speaker 9: Come on, I tell you what else to that little girlfriend of yours is a big girlfriend to somebody else. Whoah, you can't talk. You can't talk about it like that though. You see your little girlfriend?
Speaker 5: What you mean?
Speaker 9: That's that's what I say to you when I'm trying to insult you. I see what your little girlfriend. How you gonna say that about yourself?
Speaker 16: That's a that's the fact, you're right. But still though, like she's just always clocking me, concusing me of cheating when I'm literally trying to be faithful, Like she's gonna push me to go cheat.
Speaker 2: You cheat it twice so she gotta watch you. Obviously, that's a fact.
Speaker 16: But that's back in the day.
Speaker 18: Though.
Speaker 2: Bro, Oh my goodness, it's not that hard, sir, No, not at all. You violated her trust.
Speaker 16: And it's not and I've been trying to make that trust up, but she just keep on, keep on keeping going with it, like you're gonna forgive me and be with me, or you're gonna keep on accusing me, Like which on are we doing?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 8: If you keep talking like that, we even give a chance to heal you cheated twice, and then she asked you questions.
Speaker 2: You like, just get over it. That ain't gonna work.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'll be I mean, I'll be trying to be reasonable with it, Like I get why, you get why you're feeling how you feel. But at the end of the day, you chose to get.
Speaker 19: Back with me.
Speaker 2: The last time you cheated. Trade like five months ago, he said, Man, long ago, Man, have a blessed day. Trade was mad long ago?
Speaker 19: How long?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: Knock it off?
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to be hit u up now, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Call eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 14: Who's this?
Speaker 18: This is Tasha some Savannah.
Speaker 2: Heyday Isy, Hey Tasha, good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 19: How you feeling Salomna God, I'm doing good?
Speaker 2: Peace Tasha, how are you?
Speaker 19: I'm doing well?
Speaker 20: Tell us I am on the road. I'm on ninety five headed to West Palm d I'm up early.
Speaker 19: I'm never at this early.
Speaker 20: I called the Breakfast Club and got through.
Speaker 5: Baby it is Look at God, that's right.
Speaker 2: What you going to West Palm Beach going to make you on a vacation or what you're doing?
Speaker 18: Yeah, me and my honey we meeting up down there and we're just gonna kill down there for a few days.
Speaker 4: Just enjoy the weather and just have a good time.
Speaker 9: Okay, when you say you're going that's Palm Peach, that's because a lot of people love coming to Savannah in Hilton Head for vacation.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, yes, but I'm leaving it.
Speaker 20: I'm leaving them about the curse.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it down there. Well, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 14: I love it too.
Speaker 2: Don't have too much fun, Yeah I won't.
Speaker 18: But hey, it's nice that you guys are doing it good. You know, y'all show y'all running it very well.
Speaker 21: Just keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 14: I love it.
Speaker 2: Fellas.
Speaker 20: I'm finally able to listen to y'all on the radio verses on YouTube because I listen to y'all about every day you listen.
Speaker 9: You listened on ninety four one to beat to be for sure, saluted ninety four one to beat in Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Man you have a good one time, you'd be safe.
Speaker 5: A good day YouTube.
Speaker 2: Now, Hello, who's this morning? Good morning? What's your name?
Speaker 22: Is Christy?
Speaker 18: The bus driver from the Bronx.
Speaker 5: Christy, what's up?
Speaker 23: I see you?
Speaker 2: Heard from you in a long time.
Speaker 19: Because y'all don't answer the phone.
Speaker 2: You're doing answer the phone. You just don't be getting through.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 8: When we're going back. We're we're going back on another trip. Last time I seen Christy, he was both heading to the same place.
Speaker 18: I'm going to Jamaica next week.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's going on in Jamaica? What goes on Jamaica? Okay, all right, Christy.
Speaker 19: Boo Booty almost have me crashed my car in Jersey?
Speaker 2: Why he is as funny as hell?
Speaker 19: Yes he is, Like I almost cracked my car.
Speaker 8: But you'd be safe out there to have a bus driver. Everybody good on the bus. Nobody messing with you on the bus.
Speaker 14: No, not just not this moment.
Speaker 19: I guess this holiday time.
Speaker 2: All right, good, Well, we appreciate you guys.
Speaker 11: Enjoy your holidays you too, all right.
Speaker 2: Love you guys, fine, love you back. I said. I ran into Christy in the airport one time, so slew to Christy.
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. All right, well, there's more information that that came out about Tamar Braxton and Kashan and I ain't no warrants.
Speaker 2: That's what I'll be wondering. We'll discuss though. All right, we'll get into that.
Speaker 8: Next is the Breakfast Club on b E T the Breakfast Club, stop it please, lyrics.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody, Charlamagne to god. We are the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Yes, indeed nine Grammy nominations.
Speaker 8: Yeah, salutism and let's get to the rooms. Let's tall Tamar Braxton.
Speaker 2: Names or you've gossip? Beat? Is the rumor report? I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells right right now.
Speaker 8: Yesterday were reported about Tamar Braxton performing and her inviting Krashaan Rock to come on.
Speaker 2: Stage with her.
Speaker 8: Allegedly, there was an altercation after she performed, and they're saying that her backup singer slash hairstylist got punched in the face of end and chipped his tooth.
Speaker 2: Well, she chipped his tooth. She chipped his tooth allegedly.
Speaker 8: So now Tamar Braxton is actually speaking out of what actually happened.
Speaker 24: When I say what happened to him, he got us alted at my show, and it was by Kushon. Number one, I care about my team. They're all of my friends. And Kushan was definitely someone that I invited, someone that I actually, you know, looked at from Afar as like a younger sister. She's from Baltimore, and then she was rowdy. You know, I didn't judge her because of that. You know, I felt for her on so many occasions, and I just felt like, oh, this was somebody I wanted to meet to, you know, possibly take under my wing. And so that's really all it was. I didn't call Kushon to open up for me, but when she was in my dressing room, we do a torque off portion, right, and I was like, oh, it'll be cool if you if the DJ played is a vibe and you came out and did a vibe like the people, you know, Baltimore sisters. And that's really what I was thinking.
Speaker 9: How come we even never seeing Krishan rock and handcuffs, like all this fighting she supposedly be doing but never getting locked up. Is it because she's a woman, Because folks feel sorry for her because mentally and emotionally you can clearly see that you know she's unstable.
Speaker 2: Like, what is it?
Speaker 9: Because if she's putting hands on people like this, only one or two things gonna happen. She's gonna end up in jail or somebody end up hurting her in a real way. And I wonder why do people keep going to social media with these statements. Go to law enforcement, Tell law enforcement what it is so she can get arrested. Because as long as they are no consequences of the air actions, she's gonna keep going.
Speaker 8: Well, I think what happened was I think somebody said that it didn't happen, so they're saying that it did.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: We actually hear from the gentleman that got allegedly punched in the face. He was actually at the dentist's office at that time getting his teeth fixed, and he was on live.
Speaker 12: What's happened to him?
Speaker 21: For no reason?
Speaker 16: I was attacked for no reasons.
Speaker 12: And then she's telling me, don't get on live.
Speaker 25: But no, like all the assumptions on how people feel and what people think they know, I am not gonna hear right now.
Speaker 16: I have to get my teeth fixed.
Speaker 25: My teeth have to be fixed. And that's what's happening right now. So don't kid only line saying what didn't happen. It didn't happen, And no, I'm not going to show my face. My face is tow us.
Speaker 16: So right now I have to.
Speaker 12: Get teeth sticks.
Speaker 23: That someone damage.
Speaker 11: The anger or whatever the issue was wasn't towards me.
Speaker 25: So that's why I'm saying I was attacked for no any.
Speaker 2: Saying stop going live. I agree, go to the police.
Speaker 9: You can go to the you can go live after you go to the police and go on live and tell everybody you went to the police.
Speaker 2: But Tamar, need to go to the police. What's the person name.
Speaker 5: Who got it?
Speaker 2: James, right, James Wright.
Speaker 9: Need to go to the police, like you know, like go to the police and report these alleged crimes because that's what they are, right right. Well, also, Tamar said, Tama said, you know, she embraced Kashan because she was rowdy. Rowdy is cool until she's being rowdy with you and yours. Right, you know what I'm saying. You embraced it and you like it until you know that person is being ready with you and yours.
Speaker 2: I don't think she said she was like.
Speaker 8: I think she was saying that she was trying to get for a shot or a chance, or trying to kind of be like a bigger sister.
Speaker 9: Well, if you want to see how somebody's gonna treat you eventually, just watch how they treat other people.
Speaker 2: Welcome Sean Rock.
Speaker 8: Of course, she deactivated all her pages, her Instagram and Twitter, so she deactivated everything.
Speaker 9: I just don't see why people aren't going to the police they report these alleged crimes.
Speaker 8: Now fifty cent he's narrating Lil Wayne and two Chains album together.
Speaker 2: It's an album teaser.
Speaker 8: The album is called Welcome to Kylie Grove and we look forward to it comes out November seventeenth, which is this Friday.
Speaker 2: And here's the teaser.
Speaker 26: Let me tell you a story about these two guys that eventually became brothers. You got this kid named Tom Tom some shit like that, spent on the seventeenth from wams Invis.
Speaker 2: She was like thirteen, fourteen years old. He came with his own style. They tried to steal it.
Speaker 5: He ended up putting the whole game on his back.
Speaker 23: Had clientele for years and always had good product.
Speaker 26: And then you got Slim from the South side of Atlanta, loved playing basketball here, a real mama's boy, and that's how he got the name.
Speaker 2: To people clicking and the spill on you.
Speaker 5: So he got his hands on his first packet flip that he never looked bag.
Speaker 26: When they met up and devised the plan on how to take over the land, he kind of went like this, Welcome to Colored Throgs.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. That's dope. That's dope, and you can get that album.
Speaker 8: November seventeenth, and lastly, Cameron and Mace they were on million dollars worth of Game and they were talking about this alleged tour we've been hearing about for years. Cameron and mas we was supposed to go on tour. It didn't happen. Well, Whilow was there. He called this man from Live Nation, Live on the spot and hopefully we'll get this tour.
Speaker 22: Zehn the bus is a promoter named Antonio from Virginia who was putting this tour together.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he was saying he was.
Speaker 22: He was on the hook for a lot of the arenas they were doing, so I don't know if he was liking the sales or he wasn't geting the money supposed to get. More of the story is he put together and it didn't paying out the way it's supposed to go. A lot of people be like because they know Mason, leave a lot of things in me, like yo, that Mace.
Speaker 5: I knew it wouldn't last this that, And I'm like, nah, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: This wasn't Mace.
Speaker 5: G s this I got.
Speaker 22: I got Mace and I got cam round right here, right now, this showing g president.
Speaker 23: Of Live Nation, Irvan, I said, what's up with a tour with them?
Speaker 14: I would I would put them on tour tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, so listen, Uh, what about what about Root's picnic next year? I'm already I was searching around to see the book. I'm I used to book Mace directly with himself. If somebody told me calendar, you ga book camp.
Speaker 9: I've been searching around because I want to do the I want to do the podcast lives this picnic, and I want to potentially put a set together, a music set together with both of them.
Speaker 2: So I love it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Sluth, my guywilow Man, That's exactly what you're supposed to do dots for people.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 9: I don't know why people hold on the information. Information is to be shed. You know, why do people hold on the connects, you know, past the plug. If you're gonna connect the dots, if you can connect the dots, connect them like everybody wants to score points when you should be thinking about, you know, leading the league and assists. That's rights luthor. My guy willlow drop on a clues bond for a while though, Man I love it. It's Luther Shan g two, Luther cam Mas, Gilly, everybody eating. You notice that the people who are like winning are collaborating with each other absolutely, you know what I'm saying. It's like all the folks that that that's not as winning, that's not winning like you think they are, want to compete with everybody scrap, you know what I mean. All all the people that are that are succeeding are collaborating.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And that is your rumor report. All right.
Speaker 8: Now, when we come back, we got Front page News, Tether and figure Over be joining us, and Black Thought will be in the building.
Speaker 2: He has a new book.
Speaker 8: We're gonna kick it with him. So don't move It's the Breakfast Club. Onna be eat the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: It's morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's j n V.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 11: Welcome back to his Yes, absolutely, good morning DJM. He's Charlemagne the Gods.
Speaker 2: Living it up.
Speaker 8: I just seen a video online where you chiller with too Short and you you chilling on that little that rock the bells cruise.
Speaker 11: Yes, Siam chilling and working. Noticed my dedications still to still tap in the do the front pace. It was the most important thing of the day. But yeah, I'm having a really good time.
Speaker 2: Now is Lo coo JD? I know that's his cruises ll I'm.
Speaker 5: Hoping he is.
Speaker 10: They didn't say if he was or not, but people are hoping that maybe he's a surprise guest.
Speaker 11: So we'll we'll see.
Speaker 2: One of the first hip hop cruises. I love it. Now, let's jump money into the news.
Speaker 25: Now.
Speaker 8: Yesterday the Broncos beat the Bills twenty four to twenty two. Now they're saying Aaron Rodgers or the Jets fans, he's trying to come back in mid December.
Speaker 2: It's not happening.
Speaker 8: Like, where's this silly ass room coming from? You got in achilles injury? Like, no, that don't happen.
Speaker 2: But what about like what Kobe did?
Speaker 8: Remember when Kobe they said he was gonna be out for a long time, he went to like overseas or did some blood thing where they mixed the blood and put it back in your systems.
Speaker 2: Up and Kobe was still out for a year. What are you talking about?
Speaker 23: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking. They thought he's gonna be out longer, but he came back faster. No, yeah, he was about right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who I don't know who they?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's I'm asking. All right, Well we'll see. I'm a Giants fan.
Speaker 5: So it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Man, All right, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about the Mississippi man that was buried without the family's knowledge.
Speaker 11: Yeah, remember we talked about this.
Speaker 10: Attorney Crumb called into the show and explained, you know what happened with Dexter Wade where there was an update. Now, just to refresh everyone's memory, that is the guy that died after being hit by police suv by an off duty officer.
Speaker 11: He was buried and did not let the mother know.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 10: His body was exhumed on yesterday, and once again they screwed over this family. Guys, they did not notify the family they give them the correct time. While Dexter ray Waits remains were released on Monday, his family said officials failed to honor the agreed upon time approved by the county attorney for exooming the body. It happened hours before it was supposed to happen. So the family is pissed because once again they took something from her. Let's listen to missus Wade what she had to say.
Speaker 2: Y'all talk him out the ground. Y'all put him in the ground, but not my permission. But I don't have no permission.
Speaker 23: That's how the system went.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm living and I'm living in Mississippi and this is what I got to day all with that, I.
Speaker 5: Don't even matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's horrible, man.
Speaker 9: You know we always say that, you know, people should be able to rest in peace. But it's not just the person that's passed away, you know, what about you know, the person's family. You know, the person's family needs peace of mind too. You can't have peace of mind if you got to constantly go through this.
Speaker 2: I just listen to what she said, buryed him, dug his body up, buried him again. Like damn.
Speaker 10: Well, they are doing an independent optopsy to see, you know, what happened with mter Wade. They certainly don't want to just take the police's word for but that is just absolutely disrespectful, you know, not have their family, you know, be able to be there. The minister was there, you know, wanted to be there, you know, as to show some type of decency and respect. So this is just sad to hear all the way around.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right. Well, let's talk about HONDI, you know.
Speaker 10: Just want to give an update on this. You know, we hear a lot about strikes and people want to know what happens after. So this is a win for those that did go on strike. Automaker Honda joined Honda and Toyota and raising factory worker wages after United Auto Workers reached their agreement with Detroit Automakers. They said it we'll raise the factory workers paid by twenty five percent in twenty twenty eight, matching the general wage increase one by the UAW during that period. So about one hundred and forty six thousand members are voting on new contracts or general motives as well Ford and Jeep, which will give them a twenty five percent raise over the next four years. So this is a good thing on cost of living. It's fac to then workers will get about thirty three percent raise. So just some good news on you know what actually happens after the strike, you know happens they'll be able to get these companies up to pay.
Speaker 8: We're happy for the auto workers. That's right for Luthio absolutely. All right, Well that is Front Page News.
Speaker 2: Take it tis absolutely and.
Speaker 9: Make sure you subscribed to Techling figure Outs podcast. It's great shot and no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network and follow a testing figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back, Black Thought will be joining us. His new book, The Upcycled Self is out today and we're gonna be kicking it with him when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club on be et the Breakfast Club. Everybody v Charlane got we all.
Speaker 8: The Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, brother Black Thought, welcome back.
Speaker 24: Yeah, man, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very black thought.
Speaker 5: I'm great, I'm great. I feel great this morning.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: I've got an amazing book called The Upcycled Self. What does that title meet?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Essentially, it's about, you know, putting those parts of our of our of ourselves, of our of our past. You know what I'm saying, that are no longer going to service, are no longer going to service in the same way, to to a different use, you know what I'm saying, to a better use.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So that's that's what it's about. Really, it's a it's a self help memoir of sorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the art of becoming who we are.
Speaker 9: I always wonder why did it take us so long to discover who we actually are?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, it's it's it's a process, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's valleys and peaks, and I think it's uh, you know you you you you arrive at and understanding of who you are, you know, uh, over time.
Speaker 5: So it's really no shortcut, you know what I'm saying. It's a It's a lot of people that think you can go from A to Z, but you gotta go B.
Speaker 2: C, D, E, F G first.
Speaker 9: And it teaches you too that you know, everything is parallel, like there's really nothing behind you absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and and and this book is about that too. It's about you know, accepting uh the present, you know what I mean. It's just you know, living, uh, being more intentional.
Speaker 5: About about your presence. So yeah, that's that's that's why I'm at with it.
Speaker 8: Could you get a chance to deal with all the trauma before you put it in his book? Or was it some of it was releasing that trauma by writing this book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of the trauma, you know, it was it was addressed in during the process, you know, and that's that's what made it, you know, just like this was my therapy. It was really, you know, a cathartic sort of experience, and more so than I'd expected. I mean, you know, you know your your history, right, but when it's laid out there, you know what I mean, when you have it on on the Q cards and you know what I mean, and you're reading it, uh you know in a linear sort of way.
Speaker 5: I mean, it just hits different man, It hits it hits differently.
Speaker 1: And it was something that uh, my co author, Jasmine Martin was able to, uh to employ like a tool she was able to use during this process that it really hit me hard when I was reading one of the final drafts of the book and it was you know, she was able to speak. There's an a side section where you hear, you know, my mother, like you hear my mother's perspective, and uh, the way she was able to, uh, you know, just to approximate my mother's perspective and her voice, That's what really really hit me hard in the process.
Speaker 8: Did you did you have a question your faith as a kid growing up because you talk about so much death in your life and all the stuff that you've been through. Did you ever say, you know, what, does this really exist? Is there really a God or whoever you believe it? Did you have a question your faith at all?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, There's definitely been times, you know when you I've questioned my faith, uh, you know, or I mean just on the existential tip, you know what I mean, Like, if there's a god, you know, how could all of this you know, loss and trauma and death, Uh, you know exists. It's some of the stuff that I write about. How how was the world this ugly? If you made it in your image. Man, you know what I'm saying. That's one of my bars from a song called Dear God. But yeah, to answer your question.
Speaker 2: Definitely, how did you get that back?
Speaker 8: And the reason I asked is if you don't know, when you read the book, you find out that you lost your father at a young age, you lost your.
Speaker 2: Mom at a young age as well. Both have murdered.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, murder.
Speaker 2: So how do you get that faith back.
Speaker 5: Through the arts?
Speaker 1: Visual art, which was my gateway, you know, into music, and and that's that's what really saved my life.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. It was a game changer that I would have been on the I was already on it. I was on that path.
Speaker 1: And you know, me meeting quest love when I did, which you know I talk about in the book, and just getting on that musical trajectory of the arts is what really save me.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 9: I know you was a baby when your father was tragically murdered, when the teenager when your mother was were you able to process that pain in the moment or was that something that.
Speaker 2: You dealt with as you got older.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's something that I'm still dealing with.
Speaker 1: I definitely was not able to process it in the moment, you know, no matter how hard I tried, right, you know, I wanted to feel all the emotion that that you you know, you expect you would expect one to feel when you experienced that sort of loss, But I mean for me, it was I mean, it took forever before I was even able to shed a tear about, you know, my mother's murder, you know. And I think it's just because it was so many layers of callous and and scar tissue to sort of work through.
Speaker 5: And that's what that's what this book is about.
Speaker 1: It's about that armor that you know, at one point in time, it might it might serve as a defense mechanism.
Speaker 5: It might you know, protect you.
Speaker 1: But as we move through life and you get into different spaces, you start to interact with different people, and you know, you're now you in these different dynamics, they no longer service in the same way.
Speaker 2: What about vengeance and revenge like, how do you ultimately let let that go?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, yeah, I'm I feeling I definitely feel like I have. It's uh, that's that was just a wise move. I think I definitely came to to to understand as a young person, when I was still a teenager that uh, you know, holding on to uh to to negative energy in that way. You know, it's just as as detrimental to you know, the beholder as it is to whoever you're trying to project it upon.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, I've never really sat.
Speaker 1: With uh you know, the old vengeance in that way, you know what I mean as far as like in the in my dad's case, uh, it was it's still it was never a solve murder. But in my mom's case, uh, you know, they they they apprehended someone shortly after and uh you know, we went through the trial and everything, and you know, he received a sentence and then there was a mistrial of it all and he was we had to sit through it again. So I sat through actually through my mother's murder trial twice, you know. And but in that you know, once it, once it was done, it was something that I had to let go of, you know what I mean, in order for me to be able to move forward.
Speaker 8: So and you still had love for for feeling regardless of everything that happened, YEA. That gotta be tough too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, I have, I absolutely have love, you know, for for Philadelphia, that's that's the place that made me. But you know it's also it's one of those you know, it could make you, it could break you, you know what I mean. And it's the city of brotherly love. That love has always been a tough.
Speaker 5: Love, you know.
Speaker 8: All Right, we got more with Black Thought when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne, the guy we all to Breakfast Club. I was still kicking it with Black Thought, Charlamagne. Is there anything you learned about your parents writing this book that you previously didn't know, especially your father.
Speaker 1: There's not much that I really learned about my father that you know, hadn't already been told to me. But one thing that I really had to deal with in writing this book was I had to, you know, just sit with the level of grace that.
Speaker 5: My mother had extended to me as a young person.
Speaker 1: I burned the house down at the age of six, which is sort of where the book begins.
Speaker 5: And you know, I just knew I was in for it.
Speaker 1: I thought I was in trouble and you know what I mean, just guilt and you know, all those feelings were sort of you know, bubbling, uh, you know, like running.
Speaker 5: Through my body. And my mom came home.
Speaker 1: Obviously, our only concern was, you know, safe, everybody was safe, right, and yeah, just you know, the the grace that she extended at that time, and it was just really surprising, you know what I mean. And it was a beautiful thing, and it just gave me a different sort of insight into who she was and in retrospect, you know what I mean now, you know, as an adult, just to go back and relive it. Yeah, it just gave me different take on on my mother as a person, you know.
Speaker 2: And you understood in the magnitude of what happened at the age of six, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I really understood the magnitude the way I knew I'd done something that you know, I mean, there was no turning back from you know what I'm saying. It was something that I couldn't undo and uh, and it felt, you know, super serious. But I think in that moment, I just shut down, Like that was my you know, my my knee jerk response, My my reflex was I just shut down, and you know, I just I walked down the stairs, like there wasn't a fires, you know, And yeah, I guess it gives you a different insight too into your children, right yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, And so do you do you give that grace to your kids because you know, as as a parent, you know a lot of times when your kids do something, the first reactor is to get mad, to get upset, and you want to scold them so they don't do it again. But you got to go back to when he was six, Yeah, and you did something way worse than IM sure any of your kids have ever done.
Speaker 2: So how does that affect how you parents your kids?
Speaker 1: It absolutely does, And you know it's something that I just have to remain mindful of, you know, because in the moment, it's not easy, you know what I'm saying. I remember a couple of years ago, Uh, my son, he he did something like where I think he left the water running like for a long time up in one of the bathrooms. Long story, short hole, like the ceiling of a whole room in my house wound up falling through. You know, when it was tens of thousands of dollars in damage and you know, long insurance claim and you know, we were jacked up for a long time because of it. But yeah, you know, in that moment, it's like, yo, that's when I have to you know, be mindful of of that grace. But you know, I definitely I got to catch myself because you know, I'm also a disciplinarian, you know, So.
Speaker 2: Are you a disciplinarian like your like like the older people that raised us, Because.
Speaker 8: I always wonder there was a fine line for what we received, Yes, between discipline.
Speaker 2: Seventy something.
Speaker 1: It's a delicate balance, you know what I'm saying. I've never been teamed spare the rod, you know what I'm saying. But I'm more lenient now and more you know, I extend more grace now.
Speaker 5: I'm more forgiving now, you know than ever.
Speaker 9: You know what makes you feel like now is the time to write a memoir? When somebody approaches you and it says, hey, we'd love for you to write a memoir. You know, you got to open up and raally revealed things you probably never revealed.
Speaker 2: What made you want to do it?
Speaker 5: Nothing just because you know I was.
Speaker 1: I was excited for that in the process, right, I was excited to you know, like what that experience might hold for me. You know what I'm saying, just being open, accessible and vulnerable in a way that I hadn't before in my art.
Speaker 5: You know, hip hop is.
Speaker 1: Founded upon so much you know, my cheese mo and braggadocio and you know, just larger than life winn.
Speaker 5: It takes all. Yeah, you know that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it gets exhausting, you know what I mean, when you've done that, when you've had to put up you know, such a you know, like a one dimensional.
Speaker 5: Perspective of of of of yourself and of your art and of your identity. Uh, you know, for such a long time.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's you know, I mean they say that about people who lie, right, You tell a lie for a long time, and then it's like you know when when when the truth shall set you free?
Speaker 5: Right? So this is this is that sort of sort of thing playing out for me. And uh.
Speaker 1: I would meet fans who've been rocking with me for such a long time and they would say, you know, for all of roots and music that you know I've acquired and all your lyrics, I know, front to back, I still feel as though I don't know, you know, black thought, I don't know to try to as a person, and that that's always been by design just because of you know, my introversion.
Speaker 5: So I felt like at this edge of my career you know, you know, and acts three of whatever it is that that.
Speaker 1: I'm doing as a creative, you know what I'm saying, I've passed that threshold of fifty years, you know, so this is the only place sort of left to go is within myself as an artist. So this is sort of the final frontier. And it's something I've always held near and there because I'm so private, you know. So I've I've been you know, really uh possessive in private with my story. But I feel like now at this point in time, and you know, just with as many people who have followed me and who look up to me, and you know, the idea of being a role model of it all, I think this is the time in which it would it would be you know, of of the most value and serve the most people.
Speaker 2: So as an artist, the memoir unlocks something that music has.
Speaker 22: It.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it has for me.
Speaker 1: It has for me, you know, I've been able to just tap into you know, telling my story in a different way.
Speaker 2: I love this line. Our lives are our response to the call of our childhoods. What does that line mean to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's it's about having having to go through it to get to it, you know what I'm saying. Essentially, while we always got to go through it, why black people got to go We're not the only ones that gotta go through you know. Yeah, we're not the only ones that gotta go through it. But yeah, I think that's that's that's that's what it speaks to. You know, it's about a wisdom that you know you can only arrive at.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's it's about a journey to that wisdom, and sometimes it's about being wise enough to realize that, uh, you know, the journey is just gonna take you back to where you begin.
Speaker 9: I love reading memoirs now because I love to hear how people you know, cope with, you know, their inner child.
Speaker 2: Because I do not know why.
Speaker 9: The older you get, it feels like you're in a child is crying out for more and more help. And especially when you do start doing the work, when you do start going to therapy, sitting with spiritual leaders, you know, dealing with plants, whatever, it is.
Speaker 2: It's like you're in a child to start screaming out for help.
Speaker 1: Well, they talk about our emotional response to just things in the world and how, you know, the way we respond to things, you know, is something that we usually developed before the age of seven or eight, you know what I mean. So it's it requires a conscious effort, you know what I mean, in order to to train your body, to condition yourself to to respond to the world, to respond to any sort of stimuli in a different way than you would as a child.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. So that's what they call, you know, the work. So this is this is part of that.
Speaker 1: This is uh, this is me doing doing my work to work through my and and it's the beginning of it. This book is only you know, this is uh, this is me as a young person.
Speaker 5: It's uh. By the by the end of the book, I think I'm still I'm in high school, you know.
Speaker 8: All right, will on move. We got more with black Dot when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne to die. We are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with black Thought. I was gonna ask with the roots, when you guys created the roots, When did y'all start making money. And the reason I asked is because it was new, Like when when when the roots came out? It was something that hip hop hasn't seen on that platform or respected on that platform.
Speaker 2: So when did the routes finally break through? And was like, nah, this is hip hop's bad?
Speaker 5: I want to say around you know, two thousand and six.
Speaker 8: So was it hard to always, you know, break into a market sell it to a promoter because I just remember the route so early on and just like this is just so different, and sometimes a hip hop different is hard to break through.
Speaker 5: It was very hard for us.
Speaker 1: It was you know, super difficult to us because we didn't really look or sound or feel like an anything else that was that was happening. So it was a lot of a you know, we always had to prove ourselves right and and you know, I mean it took so long for us to even break even financially, and that's something that just came over time, you know, just paying those dudes on the road, you know what I'm saying, Like, you start at one point touring and then you're able to sort of get your stock up just through when you keep coming back. You know what I mean, so we were able to sort of build on on on that relevance and it was wild. It was like when we finally hit a point, you know, six o seven, you know where we felt like, yeah, you know, all of these years of two hundred plus days on the road started to pay off. That's when you know, there was a whole seismic shift in the way people started to receive you know, people were receiving music and you know, concert tickets and all that thing.
Speaker 5: It was, you know, we went through a revolution with the you know, streaming and that whole thing.
Speaker 1: So and then that's when the Tonight show opportunity presented it stuff and that's what made it make sense. It was like, you know, we had just reached finally reached the we hit a stride and and everything was changing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that that in that uncertainty, uh, you know, the consistency of.
Speaker 1: The day job and that platform that it would it would represent, you know, it looked really good.
Speaker 8: Was there a particular moment was it was it a Jay Z using y'all a lot, or like, was it a particular moment that called that shift?
Speaker 5: You know when we started to make some bread.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, it get recognized by enough to where the tonight show was like y'all want that?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, yeah, I think it was just over time, man.
Speaker 1: You know, we you know, we've been around for I mean blessed enough to have been around for such a long time that you know. A good example is, you know, there's a festival that takes place in in in Denmark and Copenhagen every year. It's called Ross Guilder, and uh, you know, we started playing at ross Gueld.
Speaker 5: Before we were even you know, allowed on the actual festival grounds.
Speaker 1: Like we were you know, two tenths you know, out on the main strip right and you know, we we worked our way up from you know the outskirts to the tent, you know, right on the borderline to you know, uh, you know, third and fourth stages until we came back and we were able to headline, you know with it was the Roots in Bruce Springsteen co headliner. So you know, but yeah, that was over you know what I'm saying many years and it's like Ross Guilder isn't like we've done that around the world, you know what I mean, just because we've been able to keep up appearances. So yeah, yeah, I guess we just paid our dues, you know. Yeah, and then once we got you know, we got into Late Night and we started doing that thing. It definitely represented a change in our career where we haven't been able to tour in that same way. So, yeah, everything that we had done up until that point, it's just been a blessing. And this is the sort of thing where we probably had taken it for granted and we'd be able to do it forever, but you know, here we are and now, yeah, it's uh, it's just more of a blessing and just a greater opportunity when we do get to go out and still touch the fans in that way.
Speaker 9: Now, now, when you decided to write about the altercation you had request love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back back in the nineties. You have to ask him if you could speak on that.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't have to ask him because he's written about it in one of his books, and it's the sort of thing that you know, like, that's my brother, So I mean, I know if it's good or not, you know.
Speaker 9: And also that's it's like to me, those are best relationships. Oh yeah, if you can have, if you can fight and then get over it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Family, you know, it really takes it takes it takes love for somebody to to get you that upset, right, you know what I mean, Only my my loved ones have ever really been able to get me that ribbed up, right, So it's it's this there's something in that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: We were all kids at that point.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 1: Now now I'm an adult, so I would I would, I would have doubt with that situation a completely different way.
Speaker 2: How long did y'all not speak?
Speaker 5: I mean we lived together, maybe we didn't speak for the train ride home, but.
Speaker 2: It's like once we got back, and how was that that had to be uncomfortable? Awkward? Like, bro, yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was definitely. You know it was awkward. It was uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the sort of thing that I would laugh about, you know, almost most immediately, Like that's just where I come from, you know what I'm saying. You get into a little thing, you know, we settled it and then it's funny. But yeah, with in our mayor's case, it just wasn't you know what I'm saying. But you're like, Noah, that it wasn't funny like yeah, uh, but yeah, we were able to you know obviously move past it, and I think, yeah, we're stronger for it.
Speaker 5: People ask me about, you know, how.
Speaker 1: We remain together and work together and you know, been business partners on so many different levels for such a long time. And I think it's because we got like that out of the way, you know, like early on, and be able to you know, just focus on the art in the business.
Speaker 9: You know, for for many years Chapter twelve, doing the work. What kind of work do we need to do to find out who we really are? Like what worked for Black thought?
Speaker 1: I think, you know, it's it's confronting, it's confronting you know, our demons, you know, head on. And this, like I said, this is this represents the beginning of me you know, doing doing a lot of that work.
Speaker 5: But did it's still you know, very very far more to go?
Speaker 2: Was it Therapy?
Speaker 12: Was it?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's part of it, you know what I'm saying, A couple's therapy. Uh, you know, therapy you know for myself, therapy for my children. You know, these are the sort of things, these are the sort of tools that are at our disposal to embrace and you know when it's good, it's great, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I try to utilize all that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm a big proponent of therapy.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Could you be Black Thought without being from Philly?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so. I don't think so. Yeah, I think you're so much of of of who I am.
Speaker 1: You know, so much of my identity of is associated with my philadelphianness, you know. Yeah, and it's the sort of place that I had to grow up, you know, Black Thought. I couldn't I couldn't have been Black Thought if I haven't hadn't been working, you know, as long as I have, and you know, I got a job in second grade that was a you know, that was a very Philadelphian thing, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think the balance of you know, the love, but that tough love. I don't think I would have been able to receive that, you know, from any other community.
Speaker 2: And the name black Thought, Yeah, where exactly did that derived from?
Speaker 1: It derived from you know, my my, my time as a visual artist and uh, you know, just dealing with paints and you know, just the color palette. I realized that, you know, so much more went into you know, arriving at the color black.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Uh than than one would think.
Speaker 1: There's so many different nuances and colors, other colors that go into you know, arriving at the color black. So that's sort of what it would it began as, and over time it's it's evolved into something, you know, that has taken far, far greater meaning you know both I guess to me and and to you know, to people who support me. So yeah, at the time, I didn't think, you know, I wasn't thinking of black thought as the concept of people, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But that's sort of what what has come to mean.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, well man, black thoughts book man.
Speaker 8: That's right, Cycle Selsycle Sel, We appreciate you for Jordanus said, what do you want people to get out of this book?
Speaker 2: If they if they can get one thing out of it, what do you want them to get out of this?
Speaker 1: You know, if if if one person is able to see themselves, you know, better understand themselves or better understand you know, their path, their their lived experience, if this is going to be you know, an entree into someone else being able to start to work through their stuff. And you know, shed some of those layers of of armor that are no longer useful, you know what I mean, those layers of callous and and and scar tissue. Then not yeah, then it's it's it's a win. And I've already you know, experienced that. You know, I've already had some of those conversations. So I feel this book has already been helpful.
Speaker 2: All right, And y'all a getting nominated programming this year.
Speaker 5: I did a couple of days ago.
Speaker 8: Congratulations the album Yeah, I know, a capella not even with a beat, wow, just the voice bars.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, love letter to hip hop?
Speaker 2: How did that feel?
Speaker 5: It feels awesome?
Speaker 1: It feels feel awesome, Like in that moment, I didn't really realize it, you know, my homie started telling me like, yeah, you know it's wild, like this is, you know, your first Grammy nomination, you know what I mean, like outside of the roots. And then another homie hit me was like, yeah, it would be wild if you win this joint Like that's a flex. You ain't even need music, you know.
Speaker 9: I Like, I said, like, you know, some boss, do you still I don't want to say need it, but do you do you like that type of validation I do.
Speaker 17: I do.
Speaker 1: I still appreciate that that that sort of validation, you know what I mean. That's not you know what I do it for. But it definitely uh yeah, I mean it feels. It's great to be recognized, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Absolutely well, it's black thought. We appreciate you. Pick up his book, The Upcycled Self. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: In morning, Mike's holding everybody.
Speaker 8: You's t j n V charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 9: Hold on, I want to say something real quick to everybody in my hometown of Monks Corner, South Carolina. I'm doing my tenth annual turkey giveaway this Saturday from ten am to twelve pm at Berkeley High School in the student parking lot. Okay, so from ten am to twelve pm, pull up and get your free birds. You know how we do every year for the past ten years. So this Saturday, ten am and twelve pm Berkeley High School student parking Lot, my tenth annual turkey giveaway.
Speaker 2: That's right, Well, let's get to the room. Let's talk. Andre three thousand call out a name or you gossip been on you chatty? Is the rumor report? I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This weere the tea spells right right well.
Speaker 8: Andre three thousand announced fifty minutes ago that his new album, New Blue Sun will be coming out this Friday, November seventeenth.
Speaker 2: Excited. It's not a rap album though, so don't don't, don't, don't, don't get too excited. It's not a rap album. No, it's not a rap album.
Speaker 22: Is.
Speaker 2: I believe it's instrumentals. I'm not taking that's what that's what. That's what it says, right, it says reveals, it has no bars and no boundaries. Yeah, so I believe it's instrumentals.
Speaker 9: I'm not mad at it though, And the reason I'm not mad at it is because Andre three thousand owes us nothing and it's given us everything. We know who Andre three thousand is. Would people love to hear a hip hop solo album from Andre three thousand?
Speaker 2: Of course we would. Would we accept that with open arms, of course we would. But I'm down to here. Whatever you know, Art Andred three thousand puts out, h.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I don't care. It's Andre three thousand. That's like JA putting out an album and just saying I'm just gonna put out instrumentals. I'm just gonna do ad libs.
Speaker 2: What if he's playing, if he's playing the music, why wouldn't I listen to j do that? Once again?
Speaker 9: JD is another person who's given us everything and owes us nothing. Whatever they choose, whatever they choose to do creatively. At this point in the game, I'm I don't care. I mean, I respect it.
Speaker 8: I love Andre three thousand, and I know he know he walks around with that flute and plays the flute everywhere.
Speaker 2: I've seen him in the city playing the flute one time. But I love that he's giving us everything. I want to hear some thousand. It's busy.
Speaker 9: Well, guess what. There's plenty of albums you can go listen to. You can go listen to Kuemini, you can go listen to seven playlist of Cadillac Music. Okay, there's plenty of outcast albums that he's given us that you can go listen to.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear some bars.
Speaker 9: Okay, if you can play the Walk It Out remix right now, if you want to, you want to right now. You can play it if you want to hear some one dry three thousand bars. All right, well that comes out this Friday, so we'll check for that.
Speaker 24: Now.
Speaker 2: B five, you know who be five is right? That's an elevator, that's a floor in the building. No, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Remember when did he had the pop band B five? You got any B five music? You play a little bit and.
Speaker 23: Nobody's going that day.
Speaker 2: They made the band too? Do you remember BE five?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't remember this song. I remember the group BE five, I remember the name I didn't, you know? Yeah, they were like a boy man.
Speaker 8: Remember when Diddy was up here talking about giving artists back there publishing.
Speaker 2: You got that clip when he was up here.
Speaker 4: It was more of of me just evolving as a businessman.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 5: It was the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying that it was the right thing to do in this if it wasn't for like these people that you know have have helped me with all of these records.
Speaker 5: Everybody.
Speaker 4: If there's anything you know what I'm saying that like like like that that you know, just just doing the right thing. That's just with the frequency that I'm in and so that was done two years ago, so it's not like two years Yeah, two years ago I had a signed and then the lawyers had to work everything out because it's not an e it's not a it's not an easy thing.
Speaker 22: Well.
Speaker 8: B five was on the way in Miami podcast and they said they didn't get none of their publishing rights.
Speaker 9: Diddy was in the news first decision to return publishing rights to Bad Boy artists.
Speaker 2: Did B five benefit from that? That's a discussion.
Speaker 27: We didn't hear anything, We didn't get no calls or nothing like that. That but with a camera, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we went published it too. We were so young at the time. We didn't understand the business of it. But you know now it's like looking back, like damn, Like you know why our names wasn't on the credits, you know what I mean?
Speaker 28: Why?
Speaker 5: Why? Why?
Speaker 2: Where the percentage is that with a pub at you know what I mean? Back then, you know, we were thirteen, there was really no one to step in place and be like yo, like where's the split sheet? Sat like make sure he gets this percentage?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe did he forgot?
Speaker 5: Maybe did he forgot?
Speaker 9: B five was on Bad Boy listen, I'm sure Diddy will return to publishing when he remembers B five was on Bad Boy.
Speaker 2: We just reminded everybody, no disrespect to BE five. But I don't remember any B five records.
Speaker 9: I am almost positive that, you know, when they're sitting around and they're talking about, you know, bad boy artists and who should get what? I guarantee you B five, Like, oh, don't forget about B five, I promise you, so listen. Yeah, now that they remember, give five publishing back, all right, the owns day publishing. It had to be like somebody as an adult because they were kids, so they had to be an adult that owned it.
Speaker 8: They couldn't own it, right, And this is no disrespect to BE five. And every time you say no disrespect, that means disrespect. But it's B five publishing worth anything because I don't remember them having a huge record or a huge hit. And I could just not know because I wasn't a BE five fan. But I just don't know if the value of that publishing, and especially split with the members, I have no idea. And last that I just want to say, Patty Leabelle and Cardi B have joined forces for a new holiday campaign whip shots in Patty's Good Life. They're gonna come together for the holiday season, so you can go out there and get some of the stuff. And Patty Leabell will actually be at Nastak this morning, ringing the bell.
Speaker 5: You got what you.
Speaker 29: Yes, we're gonna try your whip shots with my Patty pie. Let's pumpkin because I don't know, I just together, they make love together.
Speaker 2: And this is what this is what.
Speaker 12: You gotta trust me on this one and this where you guys.
Speaker 29: At least trust me.
Speaker 12: Trust you.
Speaker 14: I know, I know.
Speaker 12: Because I trust you.
Speaker 29: Yeah, okay, and just see and the colors, yeah, I know it, I know, right, tasts like a hug.
Speaker 2: Hugging your mouth.
Speaker 9: Yes, sweet potato pie doesn't feel like a hug in your mouth. People eat pumpkin pie in real life. Nobody eat punkin pie in real life. Right, That's just for holidays, That's just for like decoration garnish. It's like the garnish that comes on the place. People talk about pumpkin pie and they show it to you around this time and yet, but don't nobody really eat pumpkin pie?
Speaker 22: Do they?
Speaker 9: Something about the sweet potato I'm not a pie level. Oh my god, Well you're just white and white people like I.
Speaker 2: Don't do apple pies. I don't do a Donalds. I don't do pumpkin pie. Sweept.
Speaker 8: You just be wanting to be different from cheesecake. But if you want to be different for all the wrong reasons, I do cheesecake.
Speaker 2: I'm from New York. I do cheesecake. What I got to do in New York? You a huge cheese. Nobody in New York like pies.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I don't like.
Speaker 2: I like cheesecake from New York. Everybody put something on the York. I'm from New York. We don't eat pies. I eat cheesecake. The only piezza. I eat Intimate's pound cake and shut up. I eats dropping the clues bombs. People take the pie.
Speaker 9: By the way, we don't care if on your pie, you don't know what you missing. Okay, sweet potato pie for the wind all day, every day?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, and that is your room and report?
Speaker 22: Now?
Speaker 2: Who are giving your donkey?
Speaker 14: Two?
Speaker 8: After that hour, let's talk board niggas. Okay, you're the hell I said. We'll discuss all right, we'll get to that. Next is to Breakfast Love, Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same. I don't be out here acting like a donkey. It's time for Donkey of the day. I'm a big boy. I could take it if feel out deserve it ain't no big deal. I know, Charlottage, God's gonna have a funny mouth.
Speaker 8: I agree with It doesn't mean I'm mean let's get that dog, that donkey that don't don't don't, don't, don't.
Speaker 2: Don't the other day, right, the breakfast Club, bitcher, you can call me.
Speaker 9: The donkey of the day, but like I'd mean no harm. Donk here today for Tuesday, November fourteenth. It is November fourteenth.
Speaker 8: Right goes to Robert Stokes and Charnelle Gun of Atlanta, Georgia. This story today is a prime example of why an I don't mind is the Devil's workshop. You know, I was having a conversation recently, uh with Uncle Ruckus dropping to cluse bombs for Uncle Rucus.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uncle Rutgus from wid Crush.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's a real person.
Speaker 8: And Uncle Rutgus told me and I quote, not too many things more dangerous on this planet than a board nigga. Okay, the only thing more dangerous than one boyd nigga's two boyd niggas. And that's exactly what Robert Stokes and Charnelle gun are. Two board niggas who clearly don't have anything better to do, because on Monday, they set fire to an apartment complex called the Reserve at La Vista for.
Speaker 2: No reason other than she had bought them. Let's go to WSB channel two for Threeport police.
Speaker 30: We now know investigators believe fireworks sparked the first flames that grew through this apartment complex, eating through entire rows of units, leaving hundreds homeless.
Speaker 31: November fireworks not a holiday.
Speaker 14: I live.
Speaker 20: I heard a big bang.
Speaker 12: I showed people who.
Speaker 6: Lived here the mugshots of the two people police say lit the fireworks on the rooftop of the apartment building, Charnell Gunn and Robert Stokes. The complex is called the Reserve at La Vista Walk. The alarms started sounding around ten thirty Friday night.
Speaker 2: Banging door, get out, it's a fire, there's a fire outside.
Speaker 6: Atlanta Police Chief Darren Sheerbaum told us one of his officers lives here and lost all of his belongings and his cat. We continue to meet new people on the street.
Speaker 2: Who lost everything.
Speaker 6: Some like Miles Wilson, were trying to find a place to go through the Red Cross, pointing out the two jailed for doing this have a roof in bed tonight, unlike them.
Speaker 27: That was definitely a poor decision them displacing all these people out of their lungs.
Speaker 2: Now it is travesty, I mean to.
Speaker 8: Say the least fireworks, Roman candles, sparkless cherry bombs. Friday wasn't no damn holiday, wasn't Fourth of July, wasn't quans in New Year's even still a couple of months away.
Speaker 2: What y'all doing? A gender reveal?
Speaker 8: Just had to be a gender reveal with y'all shooting fireworks to celebrate the fact that you're gonna eat good next week?
Speaker 2: What the hell were.
Speaker 8: Two grown ass humans born in the nineteen hundreds doing on top of a roof shooting fireworks? I already told you. What's the reason bought them? Okay, bought them is simply the desire for desires, all right. These two desired to do something, and since they had nothing else to do, they decided to go shoot fireworks.
Speaker 2: On the roof.
Speaker 9: I thought to myself, what drug could they have possibly possibly been on? And then it dawned on me. Probably none. If they had drug to do, then they wouldn't be doing this. This is just cartoon level mischief.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: This is Bart Simpson the Millhouse, this is Rent and Stimpy, this is Pinky and the Double Brain. Do y'all have jobs?
Speaker 14: Huh?
Speaker 9: If not, it's the holidays. Okay, you can get you a little seasonal temporary job at Target.
Speaker 2: All right. I did my research this morning, and by research I mean Google.
Speaker 9: It's a lot of seasonal temp jobs in Atlanta. Farragamo Hiring, Burlington creating, Barrel, Jimmy jazz URMANI. Oh, if it's work, you can find something, right. If you want work, you can find some work. But y'all don't want to work. Y'all want to shoot fireworks.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: Twenty eight people displaced with major damage to the apartment complexes upper floors, Seventeen people treated for smoke and inhlation and other non life threatening injuries.
Speaker 9: And if that's not enough, you're heard on the news report one cat dead. Okay, you bought niggas killed the cat?
Speaker 8: Do you understand the levels of nigga treat that have to be achieved in order for you to kill something that I have not lives.
Speaker 9: I'm that serious when I say this. Okay, so many problems get caused because of boredom.
Speaker 8: We in a world where people are more connected than they have ever been, but still can't find anything to do. How about read pick up a book. Black Thought was just here. You can read his book, Okay, reading an article about something you're into. Just stimulate your brain in some way, shape or form. Hey man, how about get some rest. Okay, whenever you think about, you know, wanting to do something stupid, just go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: One of y'all said, hey, let's go shoot some fireworks on the roof. The other shit have said, nah, let's take a nap. I promise you rest helps, Okay, It makes you recharge your brain, all right. You gotta find a balance between structured activities and intimate rest time, all right.
Speaker 2: It to increase your creative thinking.
Speaker 8: Get outdoors, okay, I'll meet outside on the roof to shoot fireworks. Go walk around the park, take your shoes off, okay, walk through some grass, do some grounding, Go put your back to a tree. All right, play spade, Oh no connect fall? How about sit around and just reminisce, tell each other's stories. All I'm simply saying is it's a million other things to do that don't put people's lives in danger and won't end with you having charges of first.
Speaker 9: Degree criminal damage to property and reckless conduct. I promise you, man get on this radio every day and I'll be trying not to use the N word. But it's hard not to use the N word.
Speaker 8: It's like a full time job not to use the N word, especially when niggas be nigging like this. Trust niggas the nigga, but don't trust them with nothing else. Uncle Rusties take us home.
Speaker 2: It's Uncle rocks, no relation. I want to sing our a brand new song I just wrote call Don't.
Speaker 31: Trust them new niggas over there, sing along if you know they was sing it. Don't trust them new nigga over the okay, leaving their nigga in the app, them having napping here.
Speaker 2: Nigga with the fanger on the trigger.
Speaker 11: Don't trust them new niggad over.
Speaker 21: There, don't trust.
Speaker 2: Them big nostrils over You just suck up so much now it I'll make you wonder.
Speaker 31: Don't find them new nigga with the spiny little nigga fig don't time.
Speaker 2: Oh, please give Robert Stokes and Sean Elle Gunny the biggest he huh. Yeah, I've definitely reached out. Nigga quota for today. Never, it's never gonna be a nigga quota. I wish it was been been tired of niggas ben long time ago. All right, long time ago, shout the b e t good luck with all those bleeps. We'll see how tomorrow.
Speaker 23: Everybody else, all right, let's shake it off.
Speaker 2: I feel better, I feel much better.
Speaker 8: All right, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five five one. Now, if you had a child, or you have a child, and you knew your child was cheating on his girlfriend, or you knew your child man what cheating on and his boyfriend, would you snitch on him?
Speaker 25: Now?
Speaker 8: This conversation, I'm gonna tell you, this conversation is coming from Summer Walker.
Speaker 2: You got to lead with that, and it's wrong with you. Would you let me finish? No, that's your problem.
Speaker 8: You won't let me finish because you don't you start stupid. I want to start how I want to start that. No, no, no, no, no no, we've proven now this conversation comes from Summer Walker and JT. And this is what happened during their conversation.
Speaker 3: And yes, and if some got two boys, I get on your two same and every time I imagine to your two twins, sons and two girls in your house.
Speaker 12: She took look at me. I'm not tripping because I.
Speaker 15: Know that I'm not one of them to lose your last mamas like I am gonna make sure that they always keep it a buck. You can do whatever you want to do, but you're always gonna keep it a buck. And hey, if even if you think that you're gonna get older and you cute and you're gonna get it's slicky, you think you're gonna be you cheating.
Speaker 12: And running around, I'm calling it. I'm calling oh yeah.
Speaker 8: So the question is eight hundred five a five one oh five one. If you knew your songer daughter was cheating, would you tell on them? Some of Walkers said yes, she would snitch. JT from City Girl said nope, she would never. So that is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one Charlomagne. Why would I tell on them? Let's talk and have a conversation with them. Why would I tell on them today? Significant other that don't make any sense to me. Let's talk about it when we come back. All right, it's the Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: It's topic time.
Speaker 1: Call eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 23: Morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ Envy Charlomagne, de guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about a conversation some of Walker and JT from the City Girls had about if they found out that their kids were cheating on their girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Let's listen, and yes, and.
Speaker 3: If some got two boys, I get on your two same and every time I imagine your two twins, sons and two girls in your house, she took look at me.
Speaker 12: I'm not tripping because I.
Speaker 15: Know that I'm not one of them to lose your last mamas like I am, gonna make sure that they always keep it a buck.
Speaker 12: You can do whatever you want to do, but you always don't keep it a buck.
Speaker 15: And hey, if even if you think that you're gonna get older, and you cute and you're gonna get slick, and you think you're gonna be you're cheating and running around.
Speaker 12: I'm calling it. I'm calling oh yeah.
Speaker 8: So the question is eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one? Would you snitch Charlamagne? You said no, No, I mean I wouldn't go tell that significant other. That's the conversation for myself and my child. You know, I have no reason to tell their significant other. I would talk to my child and let them know, ain't no good gonna come to you if you're not doing right by your partner. And when everything falls apart from their infidelity, because trust and believe it will fall apart, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna just be there to say I told you so. Yeah, I wouldn't snitch on my kids.
Speaker 8: But we've had this conversation in my household, and my wife feels like if Logan, who was my nineteen year old, was cheating on his girlfriend, uh, my wife probably wouldn't have f for Logan anymore.
Speaker 2: She would give my opportunity.
Speaker 8: She would talk to him, have a conversation with him, and if he continued to do it, my wife wouldn't mess with him. No, more and my wife like she was probably snitch on him. I think my wife would snitch on them, absolutely, positifically. I think my wife would snitch on them. Yeah, absolutely, I think she would. I wouldn't, but yeah, I get it. Would definitely snitch on him if she had a conversation with him he continued to do it, playing with that girl's heartstrings and playing with that girl's heart My wife would definitely.
Speaker 9: I mean, the reality is, like I said, the infidelity is gonna catch up, Like the infidelity is gonna catch up to you, like you know, I don't know. I never met a person who cheated forever. At some point, the cheating will catch up, you know, to you. And when it does, you know, like I said, I'll just be there to tell my child. I told you so, I don't. I don't condone the cheating in any way, shape or form, just because I know where that leads. I've seen, you know, too many marriages, you know, including my parents. You know, great marriages were not great marriages. But marriage is ruined because of infidelity.
Speaker 2: Correct, you know? Yeah, so I wouldn't, but I know my wife would. Hello, who's this bella? Hey BELLA, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning Bella.
Speaker 20: Okay, so when I snitch on my tie, on my kid, I'm not snitching all my kids. But at the same time, I'm not going to help you, Like if your girl or your man comes and ask me, I'm not going to say anything. So if they can read between the lines and they pick up on my silence, but I'm not gonna help, I'm not going to snitch.
Speaker 9: To that, I should say.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, like I said, it's I know for a fact my wife would definitely snitch absolutely positives.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not gonna stitch it on because my wife, she's not playing the cheating game.
Speaker 14: I think.
Speaker 9: I think the dynamics are different and with uh with with with with women involved, you know what I'm saying, because you know, at the end of the day, that's you know, your son's mom, but then you know that's still her.
Speaker 8: I would assume daughter in law, correct, you know, and she's not. She's not gonna want to see that. She knows what that feels like. She knows what it feels like to be on the receiving end of that. So yeah, I'm sorry she would say something.
Speaker 2: Danny.
Speaker 8: Yes, Hey, now you find out that your son is cheating on his girlfriend or his wife. You telling bab babe I a first forty you hear me, I'm telling it all you Are you gonna give a warning?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna tell him? Look? You you better fix this or I'm a snitch or you just snitching from the door.
Speaker 18: Oh no, because I don't look at him like you know, your dad thinking wrong. I'm telling it. Ain't no what I need to warn him for. He's a child. I ain't got time for that.
Speaker 9: You just like your funky ass daddy. That's what you're gonna say to him. You just like your funky ass, cheating ass daddy.
Speaker 18: No, not at all. He's like his funky cheating ass uncle.
Speaker 2: I ask your question, would you tell on your daughter if your daughter was cheating?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I tell on her too.
Speaker 12: See.
Speaker 18: The thing is is I was raising an honest system. So so either way, you're not gonna treat nobody else's child like that because I wouldn't want nobody to treat them like that. So I'm teaching my children to be honorable people. So get your life together, because if you don't, I will easy way or hard way.
Speaker 2: But either way, I'm not mad at nothing. I'm here, black Yes, I'm here. Good morning, black ware. You call it from.
Speaker 19: I'm calling from the West side of Detray.
Speaker 5: What a do so are you?
Speaker 2: Are you stitching on your son or your daughter?
Speaker 19: It all depends. I'm not really a big fun of mentioning. But at the same time, I have four sons and they have seen their mother in the past, you know, go through the cheating teams with their dads, and so they know that I'm not with the cheating. But if my son is a good guy and he and he has a girl that's out here doing this and this and that, once, I've had to talk with him and let him know either you leave her or get a taste of her own medicine.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 19: Sometimes I mean, it's not okay to cheat, I'm not saying that, But if you can't beat them, you join.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 8: That is the most terrible advice I've ever heard in my life. You want to be Chloe Bailly so bad talking about cheat back. No cheating back, nothing.
Speaker 19: It shouldn't be no cheating in the first place. But if a woman cheats on my son, I'm and I'm not gonna tell her that he cheated but they're gonna have to work it out. They see their mother in action with their dad. Like I said, they go, I don't play about their chief, I kick you endors all type of stuff.
Speaker 8: I'm not question did your son see you cheat back on your dad on their daddy?
Speaker 2: Never exactly how would you give that advice to somebody.
Speaker 19: I'm not saying I didn't do it.
Speaker 5: They just.
Speaker 17: How you do?
Speaker 2: Wow, build a wall around Detroit. Build a wall around Detroit.
Speaker 3: Damnit?
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five eighty five one on five to one. If you knew your children or your child was she and would you stitch on them?
Speaker 2: Let's discuss. It's the breakfast logan morning. It's topic time. The phone.
Speaker 5: Call eight hundred and five five five one to join it to the discussion.
Speaker 2: With the Breakfast club. Talk about it.
Speaker 8: One of everybody is DJ MV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Nowhew just joining us. We're asking if you knew your child was cheating, would you tell on them?
Speaker 22: Now?
Speaker 8: This conversation comes from Summer Walker and JT. Of course from the city girls that were having a conversation. This is how it went down, and yes, and.
Speaker 3: Some got two boys I get on your two same and every time I imagine your two twins, sons and two girls.
Speaker 2: In your house, she took look at me.
Speaker 12: Why I'm not tripping because.
Speaker 15: I know that I'm not one of them to lose your last mamas like, I am gonna make sure that they always keep it Abuve.
Speaker 12: You can do whatever you want to do, but you're always gonna keep it the butt.
Speaker 15: And hey, if even if you think that you're gonna get older and you're cute and you're gonna get slick, and you think you're gonna be you're cheating.
Speaker 12: And running around, I'm calling at I'm calling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's go to the lines. Hello, who's this this mells?
Speaker 14: Good morning man?
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning meals where you call them from Cleveland? Okay, Now, if you knew your child was was cheating, would you.
Speaker 2: Tell on him?
Speaker 29: Yay?
Speaker 18: Especially if I like the girl though, like if it's just a little anything now, but if I like her, yes, I'm telling you.
Speaker 8: Would your daughter, my daughter, she can't be No, this is not community is not for the community.
Speaker 2: Damn, I'm not mad at it. Thank you, mam. Hello, who's this hey?
Speaker 21: Since your boy? Love you from the bronk, good morning, king the morning.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 2: I'm look.
Speaker 21: You know I told you before. I was the best man at my son's wedding, right, so you and my daughter in law have a born, and I would have to, like, I feel obligated because I teach him to stand on his his love like that. Marriage is sacred once you get married. That is sacred to me.
Speaker 2: Because you snitching.
Speaker 21: I'm snitching even I would feel bad, like I feel bad even saying it. But a real man has to stand on it, man, so I would have to bro Okay, here's the.
Speaker 8: Thing, though, you don't even have to snitch on the person, because you're gonna have a conversation with your child.
Speaker 2: And we all know how infidelity ends, like you know, sadly you know for the most part.
Speaker 9: So it's like when you having a conversation with your child, all you gotta do is be like, look, everything is gonna fall apart, all of this is gonna catch up to you, and when it does, you just be there to say I told you so.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: This is Rocky, Nay Rocky. Where you calling from?
Speaker 18: I'm coming from some of these South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Eight four to three what's happening?
Speaker 25: All right?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 2: Yay? You find out your son is cheating? You telling you snitching?
Speaker 18: No, I wouldn't snitch my son, but seeing he's my son, I would definitely hold him accountable. He needs to come clean one way or another.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So if he doesn't want to come clean, or you snitching out cause you said one way or another.
Speaker 19: No, I went and snitch.
Speaker 15: But because that's my son, I couldn't do that, but I would definitely hold him accountable.
Speaker 19: Make you want to tell on himself.
Speaker 9: And I'm telling you that's why you don't even have to. You know, the coming clean is gonna come. Pause, it's going to happen because this person is going to get caught. I don't know how y'all think infidelity ends, but you never get away with it, y'all.
Speaker 5: Jalen works up?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up? Where you call him?
Speaker 8: From Arkansas? Now you're snitching or damn damn? So your son she and you tell him right away?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 19: He no better than me?
Speaker 2: You said, ain't nothing what I said you No better than that? No better than that got you got you? Damn okay? Jail?
Speaker 23: All right?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 8: Who's this yo?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: This man I'm going for J. T. P. From Texas. Now, your son and your daughter cheating, you're telling on them?
Speaker 19: Oh man, I'm gonna tell man my son cheating.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell dang.
Speaker 18: Treat ain't anybody I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell damn all right, Sean Stone.
Speaker 14: Hey, blessings guys. Now you guys feel a.
Speaker 2: Piece of blessings.
Speaker 8: So we're asking if you if your son the soccer player cheats on this girl, are you gonna tell?
Speaker 2: Are you telling on them?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 17: I don't want to have a bad relationship with my son, so I would never try to my son or my daughter.
Speaker 5: I would just continue to try.
Speaker 17: To advise them, to let them know that cheating on people is not a good feeling. So if it's done to you, you know what I mean, it's not gonna feel good. So I don't want to have a bad relationship with my kids. So I will never CeNSE on my kids.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? All right?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 15: Sure?
Speaker 2: So what's the mall of the story?
Speaker 9: The all of the story is, Man, you know the same thing I would tell my child. You know, a mistake is something that happens accidentally. Cheating and lying are not accidents. They are choices, and they are choices that will catch up. And when they catch up, after I've warned you and told you how this was gonna end, I will be here to say I told you so we to Yes, I will, and then you shall learn your lesson, because for some reason, some of us are just you know, meant to learn things the hard way that you know. So I would hope that I'm raising wise children who learned from the mistakes of others, because smart people learn from their own mistakes. Wise people learn from the mistakes of others, especially mistakes of especially mistakes we've already made.
Speaker 8: Yes, all right, when we come back, we got your room of report. We got to tell you what celebrity mom says she wants to put a bullet in somebody's head. We'll get to it next.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast on will bet the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Morning everybody, It's d J n V charlamage to God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 2: Let's talk. Michael B. Jordan or you gossip report. I mean, I guess we on the bakfath This is oney. The tea spells right right now. Michael B.
Speaker 8: Jordan was doing an interview with Big Boy, and they talked about his character in one of his movies, you know, his fame movie Black Panther, and what he had to do to get out of that role.
Speaker 9: You did Black Panther as well, you had to did you say you had to go to therapy to kind of pull yourself out of that?
Speaker 2: I know, it can't just be three to two well action and you just all you know and fall right out. There's no blueprint to it, you know.
Speaker 32: I think for me, I was I took every job as learning experience, you know, and I try to learn something from each one, and I try to I try to grow and I try to grow in I never knew that I had to come out of a character. That was the first time I was actually like not feeling like myself and I was like, man, I'm like depressed, I'm super like emotional. I'm like non emotional rather, you know, for where I kind of had to go for like Eric Killmonger, like that that was a guy that I that I really kind of cut off a lot of emotions and love, you know, from a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 32: I was isolated for a long time before I actually started filming and then coming out of it, I had to kind of I had to get used to being around family members and friends and being normal and talking about regular stuff.
Speaker 2: It was like it was a whole different thing, and therapy definitely helped me.
Speaker 8: That's interesting. I mean, he had to play the bad guy, you know, it's not like Michael Michael B. Jordan plays a lot of villain roles.
Speaker 9: But it's interesting about the kill Manger character is kill Manga wasn't necessarily a.
Speaker 2: Villain like kill Manga, not really.
Speaker 9: He just he just felt like Wakanda had all the tools and resources that could have liberated black people globally, and he was absolutely right, and he wanted them to step up and use you know, those tools and resources to help black people all around the globe. He was just willing to, you know, take out whoever didn't agree with him to do about that, to do so when he wasn't necessarily wrong with his intention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was kind of a villain. Took out I wouldn't call it. It's hard. I wouldn't call.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't call. I wouldn't call kill Mangoll. He took out child Bolden.
Speaker 9: He felt like Chad Bolden wasn't fit to be king, but think about it, he was actually through bloodline right rightfully able to challenge for the throne. So in combat he took out Chad with Boseman, and he rightfully became king. So it's you know what, I wouldn't call him the villain. It's now he didn't sneak into Wakandi and cut Chad with throat. No, he did it through ritual combat right and one now we got to jump to bb Rexa.
Speaker 8: Now bb Rexa had a conversation and she was talking about who she likes more, Nicki Minaj or Cardi b as a rapper.
Speaker 28: I really do believe this that Niki is one of the best rappers female rappers of all time.
Speaker 2: She's definitely a lyricist.
Speaker 12: She writes her own number one, number two. I just feel like she's always.
Speaker 17: Coming with.
Speaker 5: Let me give it up for the woman in the rap game period.
Speaker 28: Let me just say I like Carti because with her personality and I like how the real she is. But like when Nikki, I just feel like the talent, the writing talent, musicality, the artistry, untouchable.
Speaker 11: Love Cardi, but we also know that Carti is not writing ninety five.
Speaker 2: That's a regular debate folks have all the time between Nicky and Cardy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I heard she called flak for that she did. They they were upset about it. Seemed like she was putting another woman down. I guess, but oh, knock it off.
Speaker 2: That's hip hop. That's what we do in hip hop and hip hop.
Speaker 9: We debate, you know, who's better, bottom line, point blank, period, and those same kind The way people are talking about Cardy and Nikki is the same thing people do with Drake and Kendrake, you know, jay Z and nads back in the day. It happens all the time.
Speaker 5: This is what you do.
Speaker 2: You debate hip hop.
Speaker 9: That's equality, right because all I'm all I hear is doing is talking about too dope rappers and who's better.
Speaker 8: That's hip hop. Yeah, because she didn't put anybody down. She didn't say this person was whack or this person was better. She just says she likes this person because of whatever reason, which is which is fine. And if she said if you're mad because she said, you know, Cardy doesn't right. People say that about Drake, right, They question Drake's pen all the time. Okay, all right, Well, that is your rumor report. Now when we I'm back, Happy birthday to Boosey. Today is Boosy's birthday. We're gonna start to mix off with some Boozy. Let me know what you want to hear. We'll get your request in eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one and we'll do that.
Speaker 13: Next.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ MV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, New York City Schools Chancellor David Banks.
Speaker 2: Welcome, brother, I'm very happy to be here. Good morning to you. Vothe Man. Happy to have you here.
Speaker 30: Man.
Speaker 9: If you don't know who David Banks is, he founded one of the most successful and first public schools in the country that serves exclusively young men of color, the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Academy's right, we'll talk to us about the Eagle Academy. How did that come to lake?
Speaker 7: Well, listen, I was a member, been a long time member of the one hundred Black Men Organization. It's a national, international actual organization, but started in New York sixty years ago. And uh, you know, we'd always worked to support our kids in our schools and doing the right thing. But when we started really looking at the data around what was happening with young black men, we realized that we needed to do so much more. And so many of us had gone to the Millionaire in March years ago, and coming out of that March, we came away with a commitment that we had to go much deeper. And that March is what really gave birth to the creation of the Eagle Academy for Young Men. It was the first all boys public school in New York City in almost thirty years when we opened it.
Speaker 23: Not a charter schools, not a private school.
Speaker 7: It's regular New York City public school that really had as its mission to try to help to enlighten and transform the lives of our young men. And since that time, I was the principal of the school in the Bronx. Since that time, we've opened up an Eagle Academy in every borough in New York. We've got one in Newark, New Jersey when Corey Booker was the mayor, and Nowarky assas to come there.
Speaker 23: So we've got six schools over three thousand young men.
Speaker 7: We graduated over three thousand young men and sent them to colleges and universities all around the country, and it's essentially been a beacon in a blueprint what you can do to transform the lives of young men.
Speaker 8: Do you think they should take out the quote unquote zone school, right, because you know, when I was a kid growing up in Queen's you know, usually the resources were in the quote unquote towns with more money, right right, So that's where everybody tried to go, whether they try to get a fake address, or you know, they wanted to do to Catholic school. I know my parents wanted me to go to Edison or even Van Buren because those schools were better than my zone school. So do you think they should get rid of the quote unquote zone school where they make you go to depending on your zip code.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, right, now we have a lot more choice of movement, particularly at the high school level. Most kids do not have to simply go to their zone school. There's a lot more movement where you don't have to change your address, you don't have to do all the other stuff to kind of sneak around the system. We offer kids lots of other opportunities, but the reality is that what we have to do is to ensure that every school is a high quality school, so you don't even need to do all of that sneaking around in the first place, and that's where the real work comes in.
Speaker 8: One of my problems with a lot of the schools is since you were a school chancellor, maybe you can give us some insight on it. I feel like a lot of the curriculums are old, right, And the reason I'm saying that is a lot of you know, when we were kids and our parents were kids, people made money differently, right, But now a lot of these kids are becoming millionaire wealthy, you know, Damn they're billionaires off of things that I don't know if school teaches, whether it's the social media bust and how to do things on social media, whether it's little things as like you know, these car wrapping companies that wrap the cars, and like people are making millions off of that, or if it's real estate or if it's whatever it may be. You know, I don't see a lot of schools jumping in to those curriculums. It seems like those curriculums are outdated and ancient, and a lot of these students, it bought. It is boring to them because what they're seeing online or what they want to do is like, I don't want to do this in school.
Speaker 2: I want to do what I enjoy doing. And I see a lot of times that you're not seeing that in those schools.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, brothers, So I couldn't agree with you more. It's part of the reason why one of them major things I focused on was the reimagining of the school experience for kids. You can't do school like we did at one hundred years ago, correct, even fifty years ago, I twenty five years ago, right, Like the world has changed and it is changing rapidly before our eyes, and it is a major challenge for a bureaucracy as large as a New York City school system, which is the largest school system in the nation, right and by far it's the largest.
Speaker 2: It doesn't it's the most complicated too.
Speaker 7: It is absolutely the most pop complicated the work that we do. But it can change, but it needs vision. It needs leadership that is courageous and bold, and that's what we are.
Speaker 23: Trying to do.
Speaker 7: So you know, one of the things that we are leaning into now we call bold futures creating career connected learning for kids.
Speaker 23: That idea that you just raised that school is boring.
Speaker 7: That's the major reason why kids give up on themselves this and it's not I'm just doing school. There's a difference between schooling and educating. Educating really connects to relevance. Why are we doing this? Kids ask that all the time. Even when we were in school, we always said why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Lesson?
Speaker 7: And oftentimes you did not get good answers to those questions. We're helping to provide much better answers. I created a couple of programs that we're leaning into right now, our modern youth apprenticeship programs and our future Ready programs. What those are our career connected programs. To some degree that what we all remembered as CTE programs, right except that the old CTE programs were about or automotive shop, building cars, doing wood shop. The career connected learning today is not your grandfather's CTE stuff. Kids are coming out now with the opportunity to step into real jobs even if they didn't go to college. They can make six figure, six figure.
Speaker 23: Salaries coming right out of high school.
Speaker 7: So we're building a range of partnerships with the aviation industry, the biotech industry, financial industry. JP Morgan Chase is paying kids up to twenty five dollars an hour while they're still in high school, where they go to school a certain number of days and then they're actually working in the industry for at least two to three days, where we're merging school and the real world at the same time. Then kids understand why you need to be focused in this science class. It connects to something that's real and meaningful. So we got thousands of kids that are doing that. I would invite you to come and join us, you know, come and visit what we're doing at some of these schools. But my goal is to scale this work to very significant levels so that kids get real world experiences. Kids have an opportunity to get not only exposed of, but to get paid while they're in high school and so it prepares them. They get all the credentials that they need when they graduate. So when they graduate and they get a diploma, you can't have it being an empty diploma that doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 23: I want them to be able to.
Speaker 7: Go to college if they want to go to college, but I also want them to have the credentials to step right into the world work.
Speaker 23: We're doing that right now for all the reasons that you just laid up.
Speaker 9: You don't have an organization called the Mental Wealth Life. And one of our biggest things that we want to do is we want to get social and emotional learning in public schools K through you know twelve.
Speaker 2: What are they doing? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: First of all, let me tell you we would love to work with you on that because there's a way for us to take that work and really and really scale it up, and particularly coming off of the pandemic, there's a lot of work that is being done in our schools in support of social emotional learning. You know, I visited a school in Staten Island, like maybe in my within my first two weeks of being in this position. The school designed a wall and the wall represents and it lights up. It's a wide range of the feelings that you're having at any given moment in time, and they designed it as a fun wall and you get a chance.
Speaker 2: To kind of walk along this wall.
Speaker 7: There's a little path that you walk through and you get to touch different parts of the world that reflect the feelings that you're having and that moment, and the folks in that school so get to observe that and figure out who they need to try and support who's feeling a certain way, because you have to remember, kids don't always they won't always articulate how they're feeling at a given moment. But this is another way for them to kind of physically express where they are. They're feeling anger, they're feeling happiness, or they're feeling joy, they're feeling sadness, Like what is it that they're feeling? Because ultimately that tips you into a place where somebody needs to sit with you and say I'm here.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm here.
Speaker 8: You know, next year when I do my Mental Wealth ex Vocal, we just had it, I want to bring like two hundred kids.
Speaker 9: Man, we got to figure that out. How we just have two hundred kids in attended charlam Mane. We could do two thousand kids. Oh, I mean we did three thousand people this year, right, you know, but I want to have like always kids there. But I want to do something specifically when we just have a bunch of kids from New York just just there.
Speaker 7: Brother, you all you got to do is let me know where and when, and we will absolutely make it happen. We would love to be in partnership with you on this. When we go to the schools, the Mari and I, we talk to kids. Mental health is one of the major things that kids talk about, not just for themselves, but for their friends, right because they care about their friends and they can see the stuff that sometimes that their friends are going through. And if we work in partnership, we have an opportunity to truly impact the lives of just let's do it.
Speaker 23: Let's do it, man, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: You have it, James. We appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, brother, Thank you New York City Schools Chancellor, and thank you brother. Now, Charlamaane, you've got a positive note.
Speaker 9: I do, Man, I have a positive note. And it's really simple. Normalize talking highly about yourself. I rate no small talk to self. Okay, normalized talking highly about yourself.
Speaker 2: You deserve it. Breakfast club bites you don't finish
Speaker 23: For y'all done,