Speaker 1: Telling you all right, Well, first and foremost salute to Amazon and all that they did. We really appreciate it. Change for Change is something that we started, but.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't remember. Life is a blur. Time is a blur. Yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: But we did it because we wanted to give back. So many listeners are going through a lot, especially the holiday season, and we wanted to create something where we can give back to different organizations or to people that just needed And we have helped so many people from people that lost their house or needed stuff for their kids, or you know, lost a family member, and it's just the way that we do every year to help people and people like yourself. So we salute you guys for listening to us.
Speaker 2: And it's come a long way, right because I mean, think about it. We used to literally sit in the studio for twenty four hours. Yeah, so we would literally broadcast from six am in the morning to.
Speaker 1: What wasn't midnight, midnight, midnight at night, and.
Speaker 2: We was just literally shaking down, you know, cele our friends in the music industry, you know, all ours, the love friends, you know, and they were showing up, you know, they were donating a couple of thousand here, tens of thousand here, sometime.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand dollars fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: And yeah, we were able to help a lot of people with The first first calls we did was HBCUs HBCUs Marshall College Fund yep. Second year we did mental Health Brandon Marshall three. I think it's I can't remember the name of the organization, but it's a mental health organization yep.
Speaker 1: And then that's when it gets blurry for me, get blurody, gets blurried for me too. But yeah, that was the reason why we started it. And you know what we started doing now is finding individual people because so many people, especially out of after the pandemic, needs so much help. So we try to do as much as we can. But today we got a special guest that we're gonna be kicking it with. Okay, you might know him as the Monster from New York City. Probably one of the illest.
Speaker 2: Producers, definitely one of the best ever.
Speaker 1: He showed up for you several times, showed up to me many times.
Speaker 2: The first real money be made in this business was because of this person.
Speaker 1: That's right, So, ladies and gentlemen, we're gonna be kicking it with Swiss beats and his son, I said, Dean.
Speaker 3: Swizzy, zone zones, zones, what is you feeding him?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: We like six three six four six four six five.
Speaker 1: Now, Swiss, is this your son that played soccer and it stopped?
Speaker 5: That's not one right, that's my little brother.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the house is your little something man.
Speaker 6: As a fact.
Speaker 2: Enough, now, as we approach the holidays, what does this time.
Speaker 4: Of year mean to you, Swiss? Oh man?
Speaker 7: Holiday times is definitely family times and definitely time to you know, see how other people are doing, because I notice, like during the holiday times, I see a lot of pressure come on people of what they can do and what they can't do. And I just want to, you know, I just want people to find their balance.
Speaker 1: What do you find a time for a lot of the stuff that you're doing because you're producing, you do versus you're traveling, you have kids? What do you find the time to continue to create and do all these amazing things.
Speaker 7: Everything I do is under the umbrother of creativity, So like I make the time, and I need to stay busy, you know, like that's the kids like to stay busy because I don't feel I started yet. To be honest, I feel like I'm just now starting. Although I've done a lot of things. I feel like I'm just now starting because I actually know what I'm doing now.
Speaker 2: Oh, explain that, expounding on that you know what you're doing now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because when I started, I was you know, I'm a teenager and things was happening and moving so fast, so you don't really know you're doing at that age.
Speaker 6: You're just having fun. I still have fun.
Speaker 7: But now that that's past, you got time to say, Okay, let me change different things, let me set different goals. I went back to school to to you know, the three years to know what I'm actually doing instead of just doing what people are telling me that I'm doing, or believing what somebody's telling me I'm doing, instead of really knowing what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: It's a big difference.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite holiday memory? Is it New York and the Bronx?
Speaker 4: Is it? Now?
Speaker 1: What's what's your favorite holiday memory?
Speaker 7: My favorite holiday memory? It's all of them technically, Like, we have fun as a family. We have a big family. We have fun, We tell jokes, you know, we play pranks. Oh remember when I caught your brother at that time.
Speaker 5: Play a lot of games. You know, we're very competitive with the ping pong, Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Who wins a monopoly all the time? Monopoly will start an argument in my house at the last three days in my crib, same who wins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh, at least it is very good. She's very strategic. Egypt. Egypt's very brother Egypt. He's like he's like the monopoly man. He's like Daddy war Bucks, like he's a he.
Speaker 6: Loves money, love guy.
Speaker 1: He gives it from mom.
Speaker 7: And Dad was just counting the paper like he's addicted to money.
Speaker 6: I'm telling like serious, yeah, like he.
Speaker 2: And I said, do you have any what's your expectations for the holidays, because you know, you you your dad's been doing very well for a very long time. So do you do you even have any wants?
Speaker 5: I just want I want everyone to tune in to drive. But we just made okay coming out on November sixteenth, and I want I want everyone to just really cherish this time with their family, Like that's what I want. I don't really have a lot of physical needs this year. I have spiritual needs. I have family needs, and I want people to really just just cherish this time with their loved ones right now, because the state that the world is in right now, it's just really we need that.
Speaker 6: That's real.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about the show Drive right now. Drive is a car show that comes out Most people don't know that. Anytime before I purchase a car, I caught Swizz and then when I get the car, I FaceTime Squizz. So if a FaceTime ever comes up, Swizz be in the bed sleeping and he wake up. What did you get now, V, what did you get?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: We're so excited for cars, So let's talk about Drive and what made you want to do the show Drive?
Speaker 7: Well, growing up in the Bronx looking at cars passing in the hood that I couldn't afford. That's my car, that's my car. I eventually got. My first car was the Nissan Z three hundred twin turbo. I paid six thousand for it at the time, and ever since then I just been into cars and collecting and ended up doing car shows. So when this opportunity came, I just just like, man, like, you know, I have a chance to not just do a car show, but do a show that doesn't exist in the car space, which is travel community. Family, father and son you know, you don't really get to see father and son bonds from our community.
Speaker 6: That's positive. So I thought that that was a plus.
Speaker 7: And we wanted to educate people and not just show blame cars, not just putting million dollar cars up, but really showing the everyday person how they make magic as well, you know, and which I think is phenomenal.
Speaker 6: I was like working with each other, my little brother, we have.
Speaker 5: So much fun, like it's not even funny, Like we don't really have we have perfect synthesis. We don't we don't have to work with each other very very well.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, you know what, you guys went to different markets, so you see in the car culture in New York, you know, the call coaching in Houston, in California, What was your favorite car culture and why I love Japan? Japan.
Speaker 5: Japan is definitely one of my favorite episodes because the architecture, the culture there, they're like five hundred years is ahead of us, right, every single every single thing that they do there.
Speaker 4: They're so masterful with it.
Speaker 5: So when we want to go see the drifting and we want to actually go drift with the Tokyo drifters, the drift champion again, we just saw how crazy like skillful they were for us to put our lives in their hands and for them to actually, you know, be able to handle that.
Speaker 4: You know, they were good.
Speaker 2: When you say five hundred years into the future, Like.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, Like, you know, America is a young confident like Asia is five is way older and culturally.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking about the technology that historically oh no, no, we're not flying.
Speaker 5: But but and in terms of them being masterful every single thing they do, whether it's making a drink, cutting ice, designing, doing anime, comic book sketches, architecture, painting clothes.
Speaker 4: We go there for inspiration. So being over.
Speaker 5: There to go into the depth of their culture was like that was definitely one of my favorite episodes.
Speaker 4: And you'll see why.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask. You know, one thing if you don't know, Swiss is a major collector, right, He collects a lot, whether it's watches, whether it's artwork. He got me into artwork early. And cars. Swiss was the first person. You know, Usually people say when you buy a car, you lose money, but Swiss has figured a way that the cars that he purchased, whether they're small, or big. He always makes money and knows when to get out of him and he calls. So what do you think about your dad's call collection? And how did you get to the knowledge of learning cars like the way that you do, Because most people say your cars are a bad investment, but you figured that out Dad's called collection.
Speaker 5: Everyone thinks that my dad has an endless line of cars in the garage, right, and this is a misconception. He used to have a lot of cars in his younger days, and now he's just really curated the list of cars that he does have. So it is is way more like I said, curated in the sense of it's just not buying anything to buy anything, just because it's with purpose and it's with a plan in fact. So I've just been observing that.
Speaker 1: Is he let you drive any of his costs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't really ask him like that.
Speaker 1: I'll just take like the one million dollar call, the one that four million dollars, Just take it around the block one time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would let me, You would let me.
Speaker 2: He can't fit You wouldn't let me, he would let You wouldn't let me, right.
Speaker 7: You know how big hiss He can't fit in he had, he dropped, he drove the life and his knees was on the like in the dad.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 7: Remember that to just help y'all bond.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure y'all already had a great bond, but it helped y'all bond even more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you know, like we have kids, and we love our kids, but it's nothing like spending like uninterrupted quality time. And we would wake up every day, every morning together every day, you know, and just communicate.
Speaker 6: And we did.
Speaker 7: We did the Gumbo three thousand for his eighteenth birthday. And where did we drive from?
Speaker 4: We went from making those to Abiza.
Speaker 7: From making those to Abiza the longest drive of my life. Then they gave us the car with the standwheel on the wrong side, which made it even worse. But that was a sign because everybody was racing to go to these different finish lines and the car with the standwheel being on the on the wrong side, it made me slow down, and it made us have to spend time together and vibe during that trip. And our favorite song was what the whole time?
Speaker 5: I Follow Rivers by Leaky Lee, I Follow.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite road trip partner Swiss and I say dm X because we always hear about the stories of you were next in the car that was legendary.
Speaker 6: That's a hard one.
Speaker 7: I gotta I got I love you, but I gotta say, DMX, you too.
Speaker 4: For a lot, for a lot of for a lot.
Speaker 7: Of other reasons. You know, X was X was very animated. Nasa is laid back. He get animated when he wants to. But I would get to hear stories from from X that I never heard before when we're in the car, Like the last car ride we drove. I went to go visit him in like upstate New York, and he wanted to go see Scarface in Boston. And he's like, yo, you know you know Scarfaces in Boston tonight. And I said, okay, shout up to Scarface. You know, I just drove like two hours to go where he was at in the first place. And this one I had the seven twenty mcclan so it's a sports car. And I used to always bring the cars up so X could drive them around when I when I visit him, and he's like hinting again, I want to go see Scarface.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you want to go. You want me to take you to see Scarface. I just drove two hours.
Speaker 7: And he never really asked me for things like that, so I can tell that it was something that he really wanted to do.
Speaker 6: So we get in the We get in the car. We go five hours to see Scarface.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And the whole I was in a little ass card. It wasn't escalate. It's a little call like his arms and their arms were touching.
Speaker 7: The whole rock my ass still heard from that drive. And so we're driving and he's playing old school music, old school music, and then he stops the music and he asked me to record him, which he never does, and he just like gave me his life story, like like I never heard it before.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 7: And that was our last drive, but it was it was epic.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: You still have you? Of course you have.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, yes, yes and uh. And we went on stage and he rocked with Scarface.
Speaker 6: Wow all night.
Speaker 1: Is it time for a DMX documentary, a true d DMX movie.
Speaker 7: It's always time to witness greatness. But I feel that it just has to be me personally. I just wanted to be shot and directed like to the standard of what he gave us. He gave us timeless moments. He gave us, you know, his his life literally and so I feel that, you know a lot of people have been pitching, uh, documentaries and movies, but they don't you know, it needs to have the right care. And I wanted to be the biggest thing in the world for him.
Speaker 2: Now, did you learn anything about your dad that you didn't know? No, after working on this series, taking these long.
Speaker 4: Road trips, Yeah, a thousand percent.
Speaker 5: I learned that he he doesn't go as fast as you think. He would have fast, very fast cars, like he actually is pretty reserved now. And uh, he just he really picks what he wants to do. He picks how fast he wants to go, He picks if he wants to get in the monster truck, he picks if he wants to go drifting like he has that uh, that situational discernment.
Speaker 6: Now, I feel like that's pretty much discernment.
Speaker 1: I like that. I was gonna ask you, with all the artists that your dad worked with, who did you enjoy listening to and talking to the most?
Speaker 5: I have too, because I haven't really I haven't sat down with the first one.
Speaker 4: I'm about to.
Speaker 5: Tell you like on a personal personal note, but Lil Wayne is definitely one of my favorite artists ever and and not my dad has collabor with as well.
Speaker 4: It was really I really like.
Speaker 1: Dad's worked.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I remember being a kid and like his energy just lit up the room and he he has such a great spirit I can feel and I remember that feeling till this day.
Speaker 1: Now, you know you said for real now that this is your dad's pressure. Now, Bust a couple of probably about a month ago, said he's doing an album where Pharrell, Timberland and Swiss Beats or the EPs. How how does that happen?
Speaker 7: You know, Buster is somebody that don't back down easy. You can't tell him no. And he signed us up for his project and we just said, okay, let's do it. And he came, He's like, you know you tam for real, y'all my producers for the project. I'm like, okay, no, the executive producers okay. And then I don't know, like somehow we actually all got into a space which is a photo of us on this boat, and I'm sitting here, I'm like, yo, he really manifested this, Like we didn't even plan to be on that boat at that time. It's not like, okay, let's have an executive producer boat ride. Like we just all ended up sitting there and I'm looking around like, okay, I hear the universe.
Speaker 6: Okay, I guess we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Is it done? Is it almost done?
Speaker 7: It's done, and it needs to come out now, you know, because Buster Hole onto an album for thirty summer ever.
Speaker 6: Right, but this might be a stupid question.
Speaker 2: He's named after Nas. Yeah, okay, yeah, it's not like if God bothers something, I just just no.
Speaker 4: My mom's from Queya.
Speaker 6: His mothers loved Nas. You know. I was kind of conflicted in a way.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 6: Yeah, saying but then I was like, shit, I love Nas too. You know.
Speaker 2: Everybody always ask about versus man, what's.
Speaker 6: Up with versus? Big things? Big things?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I'm happy that me and Tim was able to take the time to understand our company because when we launched it, it was during the pandemic. Things is happening, Like we never got no rest, you know, like we was helping everybody else feel better and have something to go to other than the negative news and energy at that time, but we didn't take time for ourself. And so things went fast and we own the We own the company one hundred percent again, which is super fresh, and we got some big announcements coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if it's something I mean, I know it's something artists still want to do. But you know, during the pandemic, it was more pure because it was just about the music. Now it's so much business and red tape involved.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and naturally when something gets big like that, that happens. But you know versus and I tell people because I had people on the shows and when you bring up verses, they're like, oh, I don't want to and it's not.
Speaker 6: A battle show.
Speaker 7: It's a show where two artists celebrating each other with their hits. Now, if you want to make it a battle, I'm not going to say, hey, don't talk tough to this guy. You make it a battle, or you can make it a love fest. You know, like there's been many verses that has been smooth and loving. But with the hip hop is just the ego. You know how it's competitive?
Speaker 1: Bro, you put the locks and Dipset on stage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I'm saying and.
Speaker 1: Everybody, I think a lot of people thought Dipset was going to take that one away.
Speaker 7: I know many people thought that the dip set was going to and then it was Jada, Yeah, you got the right hat on what was the biggest verses for you as far as culture? Would that be the biggest?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That and Gucci Man and Jez absolutely, yeah, those two, because that's what verses do it. You know, it took two guys that really went to war to the point of no return, and Versus gave them an outlet to, you know, send a different message out there to the youth today because they're not who they was fifteen years ago. But there's no outlets that can let you as a man, as a you know, stand on how you feel and move past from it. And this is why you know, I could if I stopped Versus today, I would be fine because we want already like it did what it needed to do, but it needs to do more. Because Versus, the people's streams go up seven hundred percent.
Speaker 6: People sell out, they toars. It's so we call it the Versus effect.
Speaker 7: And the artists get so much from Versus And so all the artists out there who's listening to this, please stop trying to charge us more than you ever made on your show, you know, show us the love that you showed those other outlets that you don't get nothing from it, you know. And so that was the thing that was like the hardest thing was hearing the artists trying to overdo.
Speaker 6: It for no reason.
Speaker 1: I got to ask because there there's been a lot of rumors about some verses that were hopefully we'll still get done and you just say yes and no.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say yes and no.
Speaker 1: Diddio Jermain dupra is that going to happen?
Speaker 2: He just said he don't want to see you.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm asking anyway.
Speaker 7: But the reason see, because I'm not scared to answer the question, by the way, But what happens is this clip right here gets played back to me and it's like, yo, I didn't really want to confirm that yet by byah bayh, and I have to deal with this offline and say, Yo, they asked me a question. Y'all went out there and did a promo run, and y'all went out there and said y'all wanted to do it. All I did was confirm with you. I said yeah, but that was a different time. But this is the Versus documentary has been We've been shooting the documentary since the beginning the verses, so lean away is the directing.
Speaker 6: Y'all going to see all of this when I'm telling you, I take for it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, doctor Dre I'm just kidding, doctor Dre Versus who I heard that they was at one time he wanted it was possibly could happen one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: I don't think. I don't think any of those are off the table.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you, and I said, when it comes to having a legendary father like Swiss, do you feel pressure or freedom to succeed?
Speaker 5: I feel to succeed. Pressure comes with the territory. I feel like the person that my father is. I feel freedom and inspiration too. But you know, there's there are still moments into which we have conversations about out why the pressure is necessary, why uh diamonds don't fall off trees.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You have to really really uh hone all your energy into something that you're doing. And when I or how I've like translated the position that I'm in, it was never it was never a pressure or or an envious thing. It was always like a very a very home grown, natural inspirational thing.
Speaker 4: And and and like.
Speaker 5: I said, pressure comes with anything you want to do, especially if you want to be great.
Speaker 2: I like how you touch his shoulder, said, envious thing.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 2: What kind of pressure do you put?
Speaker 7: I put real pressure on him to be himself and to not follow the trends and to set his own state, set his own lane, because you know that a lot of people naturally gravitate towards him because of a family. But my thing is I put the pressure on him to distinguish who's going what's what? You know, Like a person might give him a gift, and I get on him about that gift. I'm like, yo, well why did this person give you that gift?
Speaker 6: Like why you know? Find like, tell me the why.
Speaker 7: If you can't tell me the why and you can't give that person a gift back, don't take the gift, right, true, you know, because people may be setting up their plays and you know, and it's you know, it's a very very scary world out it's different, right, it's different outside.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, we appreciate you guys for joining us. Ride with drive excuse me, with Swiss beats. Where can they see.
Speaker 5: You can see Drive premiering November sixteenth on Hulu. Drive with Swiss Beats tune all the way in. All six episodes will be dropping simultaneously, so you could binge watch the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's his own, absolutely, but we appreciate you guys for joining us.
Speaker 2: Make some noise for Swiss Beats and not see a den yard.
Speaker 6: I've never seen the audience like this is amazing.
Speaker 2: Nah. They do these nice little events from time to time. It's not little at all, but.
Speaker 6: I heard that doing some big things today.
Speaker 4: This is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this has a change for change where we give back to people. And what people did this time is they put a wish list the things that they needed for the holidays and shout to Amazon. They provided their wish list for a lot of people. So like even today, since you guys are here, I think we should do something special. Charlemagne, what you think, I'm all for it now for everybody that that's what we're here for. Yeah, Now for everybody who put in the wishless and came in and put your hands up one time and then you bought a person with you, right right, So for you guys today, we're gonna give everybody that signed up one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: That's right, Hold up where you signed up? Back?
Speaker 4: Where do we do that?
Speaker 1: But not only that, the people that you can't, we're gonna give a thousand dollars two that's right.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey see, one of y'all didn't want to come. One of y'all had to get begged to come here.
Speaker 6: Now, look, this is the big money show. This is the big money show.
Speaker 1: So we appreciate you guys for coming. We got a lot of cool stuff for you as well. And just say thank you guys for rocking with us and riding with us.
Speaker 2: And thank you to Amazon man, thank you for Amazon.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: We couldn't do nothing of this without Amazon, so thank you very much.
Speaker 1: So, ladies and gentlemen, now saying Swiss beats, we are the breakfast Club. Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 6: Breakfast Club.