Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: All at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them.
Speaker 1: Black all bu bussy.
Speaker 4: Ye listening to.
Speaker 5: Show?
Speaker 6: I don't joy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, joy, you know you.
Speaker 4: Love?
Speaker 7: You gotta turn. I can't.
Speaker 8: Got to turn them.
Speaker 1: Out turn probably got to turn mouth turn the water of the money up.
Speaker 3: Come come out your.
Speaker 9: Huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You all listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and all is Steve Harvey Man got a radio show. How good is God?
Speaker 2: Huh? Think about it?
Speaker 9: Just take a slight inventory of your own life and say it to yourself when you get through, how good is God? Think of all the small things all because that's him. You breathing, that's him. You still here, that's him. You got another chance?
Speaker 2: That's him. You ain't out of here. That's him.
Speaker 9: Got any measure of health, that's him. You think it's more to it than it really is than it already showed up to be. That's him.
Speaker 2: All of that. You got, any dreams and aspirations you dream of other things.
Speaker 9: That's him. All that, that's him, that's him. Him, clothes you got, that's him. Every time you eat. That's why they had this thing called you say your grace. That's him. See, that's him, man, that's him. It's amazing when you take a small inventory how you find out how big God really is in your life. Now, the more you turn yourself over to him, the bigger he can be for you. See, he'll only be as big as you let him. It's one thing about God. Now, he's a gentleman. He can make you do anything. You know, you get too big for him, you know you you lose your humbleness. He can humble you.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 9: God created man with the power of choice. We're the only creature he created that. He gave us the total power of choice when we mate, who we mate with. You know everything, all of it. Man, it's a choice what we want to be, how much we want to make, where we want to live, with climate we want to live in. We can live in cold climates, hot climates. You know, we speak different languages. You can go learn another language. A bear can't do nothing but be a bear. Is he can't go learn how to be a fox. He can't go learn how to be an otter.
Speaker 2: He just can't.
Speaker 9: And ostrich is an ostrich man he can't come out here and fight like a lion. A lion is a lion. A lion eat meat. He can't eat vegetables. I don't care how much meat ain't around. He'll lay down and pull up out of here and die because he can't eat grass.
Speaker 2: He just a lion.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You understand this that God gave us.
Speaker 9: We are the one creature he created that has total power of choice. You can make every decision in your life. What kind of watch you like? That's the one you can buy. You want to live in Switzerland, go ahead. You don't like Switzerland, you can move to Miami. You want to live your life for crime, go ahead.
Speaker 2: That's you. He gave you the power choice you want to do?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Come on, So now look at this thing. We are all the results of a series of decis visions that we have made.
Speaker 9: If we could just identify that the problem is us, we could began the solution.
Speaker 2: See that's the problem, y'all, it's us. It's what we do.
Speaker 9: I threw my life down the hill. I can't tell you how many years based on some decisions that I was making. Now I can justify my decision where I wasn't happy and I was doing this and I was in miserying y'all. On name, ain't yes to you? When you get through you made the decisions though, And you can look at this anyway you want to, y'all. But at the end of the day, I'm just talking to people that's really really wanting to improve their position in life.
Speaker 2: And how do you do that? You got to have a solution. How do you come up with a solution? You got to identify the problem to even began to solve it. But if the problem ain't ever you, how you gonna solve something that? Ain't you? See?
Speaker 9: Okay, let me look at this one. If somebody say, like I got a child of mine, man, I just do right here. Man, I don't even wanna get into it this morning. Boy, I'm struggling with this this boy. But man, you go to people, you ask them why they do so I just did. I just wasn't taking care of business? Why I just didn't take care of business?
Speaker 2: Boy? Do you understand that your life is gonna be filled with you got to take care of business? So when you're gonna start, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't go through life blame it everybody. It's got to be you. See, you can fix you. You can't fix.
Speaker 9: Nobody else if you keep getting married and the marriages don't work. Hello, Hello, Hello, Could it be you? So I founally had to sit down and just make that decision. Ain' don't need to be coming on the radio talking about nobody else and what they did to me, and y'all just don't no, no, no, man, what about the part you played in it? Cause see, if you got a good marriage, you got a part to play in that. If you got a bad one, you got a part to play in that. Even if it just get down to you the one pick them, how about that? Mister, mister, I made a decision. The problem is usually within yourself. Do you know that's the quickest and easy way to fix your life. That way, you ain't got to check with nobody. Here's the beauty of going on and admitting that it's you. You don't have to check or clear it with nobody to start the repair process. You don't need anybody's permission. You ain't got to put it before the review board to see if it will pass. It ain't got to go through Congress. You ain't got to hope that your local politician get their hands on it and make a phone call for you. You ain't got to ask any counselors to come.
Speaker 2: In and sit with you.
Speaker 9: You don't have to check in the rehair. All you got to do is decide the problem is me. I'm gonna start change. Identify the problem, and start with the part that you can own up to. Once you identify the problem, you can start planning on how to fix this or how to get to accomplishing something. But remember this plan and is important. If you fail to plan, then please plan to fail. If you don't know how to make a plan, let's just start with the basics. Just make a list of what you want. Make this list and then go to God in prayer with an open mind and open your mind up to all the clean opportunities that are available. Hear why a lot of people won't succeed because certain opportunities come along you don't want to do them.
Speaker 2: That kills me.
Speaker 9: Man, when I hear here, I ain't doing that. I know young comedians that come to me all the time talking about Man. What you and I say, Man, just take every gig you can, no matter what it pay. Well, listen to me, son, you can go make that money that they pay, or you can make the decision to sit at home and make no money. It's a comedy, hard business. They ain't paying but one hundred dollars. You gotta drive fifty miles. But if you drive fifty miles and you make the hundred and you stand on that stage for thirty minutes, you are now thirty minutes better than you was the last time you went on stage. Oh, man, they ain't man, they don't pay me. I ain't coming. You ain't finna be a comedian, man, not not like this here. A lot of people just don't want to do what's necessary to do. So when the opportunity presents itself and you open up your mind to it, man, then get ready to go on and do it. Man, identify your problem today. Start with the part dash.
Speaker 10: You you're listening.
Speaker 2: The show, Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, it is time. It's moaning time.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 2: No, we gather today.
Speaker 9: Six o'clock or so with uh intentions of our lightening intentions of coma daril comness. We come to you with the intention of informatization. We are here in the moaning time. I'm right away. In spite of the crisis that's going on around the world, we that are here are blessed and highly favored.
Speaker 5: Right walking, that walk, yes, talking that talk, yeah, and jaywalking when I walk.
Speaker 2: Sermons ain't got to have no meaning. They just got to. Soiund like it's one.
Speaker 9: I say, look at here, welcome to the the badest morning short in the lad I know there's others but them his imitations. I know folks with radio shows, but they ain't got us on it. I know of some shows I think is pretty good. My damn self. I had a radio and I had turned to one station. Come on, I would pick the same one you just picked. I know you picked it because I'm on it and you hear me. Like I said, other choices, But why make the wrong choice every day? That's right, knowing that we are here and they are there, ladies and gentlemen. Let me introduce him to you. A man with a large note, great big old lips, m H bring yourself out. Face has grown in with over the years, mustache world famous. That's got more more credits, uh than than Equifax.
Speaker 4: He he.
Speaker 2: Has told more jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that need.
Speaker 9: These other radio shows have attempted. Yes, ain't nobody own any morning more funny than me. And when I come back, I'm gonna introduce me to you and the rest of the morning crew.
Speaker 4: There are he.
Speaker 2: Just standing by.
Speaker 9: But I done took off down the road of foolishness, and I didn't know how to get off. Sometime when you go down the road of foolishness, it ain't no exit. So we own the road and I'll be back at the bottom of the hour. Any name for the Steve Harby Money Show.
Speaker 2: We beat right back?
Speaker 1: Right you're listening, Morning show. It is time now to run that prank back? What you got for us?
Speaker 2: Nef Well, it was about to get said Shirley.
Speaker 11: Sometimes you got to make these awkward type of phone calls, you know, sometimes you rarely got.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 11: The title today is your wife gave me a disease? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, your wife gave me a disease. Okay, y'all want to know what it is a disease? Yeah yeah, what she gave me diabetes. Let's go catch up. Let's go catch they give that if you if you, if you give me too much to eat? Yes you can let's go catch out too many sweets.
Speaker 2: Yes you can.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach I'm trying to reach Dante. Yeah, this is him. Who is Hey? How you doing? Man? Just to be sir, your Dante is married to Sammy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, cool?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 4: So listen man. Uh so you've heard about me, you know, maybe heard my name before because I used to day sad me way before you guys got married. Uh you know my name is, My name is Marcella. So I just want to call and say how you doing?
Speaker 8: But I need to Oh okay, yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: So she mentioned you mentioned y'all used to be.
Speaker 12: Together before we Yeah, okay, I've heard about you.
Speaker 4: What's what's the phone call for? I needed to talk to you, man. And I've been holding this back at least four years. You know, I haven't said anything. And you know I can't hold it no more. Man, I'm going through so many issues right now. I just gotta I gotta get this thing. I got to get some grips on this thing that I'm going through. But you know I wanted to come to you man, to man, talk to you about this situation. I you know, I hate to bring it to you like this, but with be and Tammy work together, man, I ain't say when we were together, Tammy gave me a disease. Man. You know, I've been holding this, you know, and I was like, I say, I wanted to hit you up. I thought about it two years ago, I want. But it's like, what do you mean, like she gave you a disease. She gave me a disease about four plus years ago, this way before y'all got married. I'm from I understanding y'all been married about the.
Speaker 8: Year right, Yeah, Oh my god, Okay, okay, and you're calling me, you're calling me to give me the heads up.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm calling because, dude, these damn the medical bills and all this that just completely out of control. I can't even you know, I can't take care of myself no more with this, you know, and I don't feel like I have to because she the one that gave me the damn desease.
Speaker 8: Okay, So you're calling because you want you want.
Speaker 4: Me to pay you want you want us to pay for your medical bills. Dude, I'm like you, I mean, damn, dude, I mean put yourself in my position, mare, I mean what's some brother supposed to do? You know, I'm sitting over here with a disease somebody gave me, and you know they going on with they.
Speaker 8: Like bro, yeah, but this is so you're calling me telling me my wife gave you a disease. First of all, she would have told me that. Secondly, now you're telling me like I might have some You gotta be kidding me, Well, what does she give you? What disease are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Man? At this point, you know, I don't even want to discuss it. I just want to get on board. Let's can we get some kind of understanding with the medical bills that I can't out? It's out of control. Man.
Speaker 8: I'm not paying Okay, I'm not gonna pay for your medical bills, especially when I don't even know what the you mean when you mean she gave you a disease.
Speaker 4: Now I'm over here freaking out. Dude, Dude, I understand, you know, brouh. I hope you good. I really you know, But I'm just saying, man, dude, I don't know what to do no more. Man, I really don't you know.
Speaker 8: Like I said, okay, yo yo, you need to tell me all right, you talk in this circle. You're telling me something you have you caught four or five years ago?
Speaker 4: Well, what is it? Something? It's uncurable? What the diseasey you're talking about? Man, dude, I'm I'm trying to dude with regardless of what it is, I'm trying to handle the medical bills on it. Man, That's what I'm trying to do do. But what kind of medical bills could you have for some you.
Speaker 8: Caught four years ago?
Speaker 6: Like four years ago, you should have.
Speaker 4: Been able to six sss? What is it? So she gave me the disease and now I need somebody to play these damn bills. That's all I'm saying to you. All right, That's all I'm saying, Dante, Yo, Why I'm telling you what I'm telling you, Marcello is quit playing and telling me what the disease this is? It's Marcellos, man, it's marcellous. Okay, I don't tell what your name is. I'm getting there, y'all. Y'all want gave me diabetes?
Speaker 5: What though?
Speaker 4: Diabetes? Your wife gave me diabetes? Man? Man, you want to be coming hell, you can't. Can't somebody give you diabetes?
Speaker 13: What you mean?
Speaker 8: She gave you diabetes.
Speaker 4: Man, Your wife be cooking up. He was cooking all them cakes and pies, and you know all that sugar, you know. And just man, you cannot bron have me thinking my wife gave you her bees or something. Man, you just don't know how to work out, you know how to eat? That's on you, man, paying no bills for that diabe?
Speaker 11: Evil?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with you? Man?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: So now nah nah, Now that's funny. You laughing at friend, You're laughing at me. Dante's yes, I'm laughing at you call my phone talking about my wife gave you diabetes? Bro? For rel was it? Bro?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 4: Can I say something else? No, Dante?
Speaker 8: What what you want to say?
Speaker 4: I want to say this, Dante? You just got frank baby. This nephew signed me from the sea offy morning. So your wife tell me got me the frank folk. Oh damn. Oh, I got you, babe, I got you.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 8: Okay, See she told me about She told me about Marcello, but I never heard his voice.
Speaker 4: Bro, I was on fire. Oh my god, Oh you're good man, Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Oh you have me some here, dude, talking about a.
Speaker 4: Disease, especially a disease that the four years lingering. That's like whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, man, I was when she got home. I was about to be man bo.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you gotta tell me this man. Come on, don Jay, what is what is the baddest? And I'm talking about the bad radio show in the lane?
Speaker 8: All funny, dude, this is Steve Harvey Morning.
Speaker 4: Are you eating right? You ain't got no dicretor now I'm worried. Bro. You could catch it right there.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it is asked the CLO with our Chief Love Officers, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time for the Chief Love Officer, the c l O, Steve Harvey to answer your love questions. Here we go from Sandra and Indiana. Sandra writes, my youngest brother is twenty four and he lives with me. He had a long term girlfriend, but she recently broke up with him because I won't allow her new puppy inside my house. My brother said it's their dog together, so he should help care for the dog. I told him it's a firm no, and he said, I'm ruining his life. I think that's a bit dramatic, But do you think I should bend my rules.
Speaker 9: Now I think it's a damn dog that's ruined your life. Don't put this off on your sister. It's that damn dog is your sister's house. She lives that she paid the risk, she bought that she let you live with her.
Speaker 2: You didn't move this girl in.
Speaker 9: Now she want a puppy, Well, she can't handle. She get a puppy when she get her own place. You can't bring no puppy in over woman's house. Saw in the carpet and puppy gotta get part of trained. Anybody saidn't do that. You put your brother out?
Speaker 2: What a why name?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 9: Wait wait, wait out they take their twenty four year old grown ans somewhere and get their own apartment.
Speaker 2: Nah, and they ain't have all the puppies.
Speaker 1: They won't.
Speaker 2: No, you ruined in my life. You're stupid boy.
Speaker 9: Okay, Now she'd done broke up with you because wait a minute, hold of dog, lady.
Speaker 2: It's not you that has problems. He thatne has problem.
Speaker 9: A woman then broke up with you because you won't let her bring a puppy in her sister house, in your sister house.
Speaker 2: So she broke up with you you got the wrong chick though. Next question Shirley all right?
Speaker 1: Moving on. Tara in South Haven, Mississippi, says I gave my husband a Hall pass because I had two surgeries back to back and he was so sweet to me while I was healing.
Speaker 15: That was a year ago.
Speaker 1: My best friend found out in the streets about his fling, and without talking to me first, she confronted my husband and tried to fight him. I don't want her in my personal business, but she's in it now, and how should I explain her?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 9: I tell y'all all the time, when you see a man somewhere, you find out something about a man that ain't your business.
Speaker 2: Now, she'd have confronted this man about fooling around.
Speaker 9: On her girlfriend, well her girlfriend, and gave him a Hall pass because he was so kind to her doing surgery. If you could get a Hall pass for kindness doing surgery, you know how many passes I'd have? How many times I been kind? And better not go in here talking about no damn Hall pass. Better not bring it up ever?
Speaker 2: And lady, why do you pass? How Hall passes for kindness?
Speaker 4: What what is that? Oh?
Speaker 2: You were kind to me? You get a hall passed?
Speaker 3: What who are you?
Speaker 12: And can I be?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: How can I be?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: That don't make no sense. Now your girlfriend is simple. I don't I don't know what you should say to her except this is not your business, but she in it. Now do you want to tell her how stupid you were by awarding him a hall pass that you said it was okay? And I'm gonna tell you something else. She ain't keeping it to herself. She's telling other people. Wow, and your husband didn't have to watch his step because his wife gave him permission.
Speaker 2: M yep.
Speaker 10: Facts.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's not your business. It's not her business anyway.
Speaker 9: It's not her business. But it ain't no woman's business. But y'all always make it y'alls because she my girl. Because I would want to know, well, now here you go. Now, I'll tell you what. Let's let the women tell him what to do, because y'all always talking about I would want to know. I would tell her, well, now she trying to whip her husband's ass, what would you do, Shirley.
Speaker 1: It's not my business. I wouldn't do anything. I honest to god, I wouldn't do a thing.
Speaker 2: This is that My business is a bold face.
Speaker 1: No, it's not this particular situation. I wouldn't do it anything. I don't know what's going on in their house.
Speaker 7: Okay, Carlin, what would you do, Fellowship, try to fight the husband? Carla my best friend, my best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so Charlotte, Shirley, you wouldn't tell your girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 3: I'm not in this.
Speaker 10: I'm really not in this one.
Speaker 2: I'm not in this.
Speaker 9: So if your husband is, if this happened, but your husband, you wouldn't want to know from your girlfriend.
Speaker 1: No, I would kill him.
Speaker 2: But I'm asking you if you want your girlfriend to tell you.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's contrary to everything you've ever said in every Strawberry. Lee just wanted to point that there's no changing on this show. Oh no, no, no, you don't. You stayed that damn same on this show. We're not interchanging on this show. We ride or Dow'll be here.
Speaker 2: My best.
Speaker 1: Your bestie, your best not in it.
Speaker 15: My best friend just got married. I'm not in their marriage.
Speaker 7: No, okay, and you see her husband cheating, you ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 9: I ain't mad at the answer. I like Shirley's answer, but that's not what she's ever said, and.
Speaker 7: I've always said that I would say something just like I just said, I'd probably be all in it.
Speaker 10: I'm not in this one with.
Speaker 9: A Hall Well but yeah, Shirley, but see, Shirley, you don't know about the Hall past all.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 15: But I'm just not in anybody else's relationship. I don't have time.
Speaker 2: I don't have time for nobody else. I don't have nothing to say.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I saw my partner's girl somewhere in a little strange looking position. I'm not going to tell his man this here. Yeah, well, you know, in a weird you know, it looked like something was going on.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't.
Speaker 9: But I already knew if I went to tell him that he was going to jail. I already knew that if I tell this food.
Speaker 2: Case.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like I said, it depends on who it is. Best friend though, that's that's like my sister to me.
Speaker 1: Sorry for me, Okay, all right, Moving on, Caedra and Topeka says, my boyfriend has a habit of sending several women a good morning text before he starts his day. He does it freely and doesn't think it's a problem. I think it's the first step in cheating. And I'm jealous?
Speaker 15: Am I overthinking it? Or is this cheating?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 2: How does word?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing nowadays?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What relationships y'all got? What y'all allowing up in here?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 9: What is these new rules that you can text three women in the morning wish them good morning whatever?
Speaker 2: I don't know who can do that?
Speaker 9: Surely texts me every single day, strawberry. She texts me scriptures every morning. I asked Shirley. I said, Shirley, do me in a favor, text me a scripture every morning. Shirley texts me a scripture every single morning. I was on vacation and didn't quite see the name Shirley because Shirley's text comes with a strawberry next to her name and a heart.
Speaker 2: I deleted it.
Speaker 1: For safety purses, because I was blurried.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know it said, Shirley looked like Sheila, And I deleted it, and I don't know what a heart and a strawberry.
Speaker 4: This thank you see?
Speaker 2: And the scripture.
Speaker 15: Right after this?
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here's a question, what product or what brand reminds you of your childhood home. All right, here's an email from Tea from New Orleans. It says, hey, morning, crew. Every time I see the Quaker oatmeal the box, I think of my mom's house when I was a kid. She always had a box of it on top of our refrigerator. When I go to visit my pop's house, he always had a box of frosted flake cereal in his pantry. In fact, he probably does right now. What brand or product did your childhood home always have in stock? I got a bunch of I knew it ready for me, Like what like what Steve? If you go first comic comment?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: Oh yes, comments at green asshole can a comet with the peel off top with the eight holes in the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and washed all your sinks in your bathtub out. But let us sit there, let us for a minute. Yeah to the change the color. I'll tell you another.
Speaker 9: Ain't open the refrigerator while seeing an open box of arm and hamm.
Speaker 2: A baker So yes, yes, yes, keep taking you.
Speaker 9: Back sitting stove that Maxwell Orfolder's coffee can with the grease singing, Yes, sir, Yes, it's real things. Memory in the in the bathroom cresh toothpaste. You were crass people, No, we wasn't really crushing it. Yeah, yeah, we had that too. We was whatever was on sale.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: You got to talk.
Speaker 9: Can jump in here and say this though. That one two paste though ultra brighten. I thought that was just the greatest thing.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 11: If we ran out of that two paste, then we go to that fridge with that bacon soda wood and.
Speaker 1: Go in there and get you there, yeah, and dip that tooth yeah.
Speaker 2: And I actually brush my teeth better with bacon hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, how about this tide laundry detergent tied tide had to have some times ivory.
Speaker 2: Powder? That ain't that liquid? That's washing powder. We have that right, foul and ox. It's a lot in the big blue box of damn fast.
Speaker 15: But did you have ivory soap though?
Speaker 1: Did you have ivory soap to take your bath?
Speaker 10: Die? Dial you die ivory?
Speaker 2: Had we had ivory soap?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It floated in the water ivory.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Okay, let's go in the bathroom and up underneath that counter. It's a little red crank can got some grease.
Speaker 2: In it called raw crown. All your scalp with that right there.
Speaker 1: That's how I got my hamput.
Speaker 2: We're in the bathroom. Were in the bathroom.
Speaker 16: Yeah yeah, we're in the bathroot single ply. You had to be careful wiping yourself. We get damn single play man.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how many times I miss jewish.
Speaker 1: And pushed my frankle.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we got it.
Speaker 4: We got the.
Speaker 9: Single single plot. My dad in loved that more than a thousand sheeps.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wait, do you remember aim.
Speaker 2: The striking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we strike bleame.
Speaker 10: Uh huh, I got one.
Speaker 9: Okay, get that bottle that hung on the back of the door, looked like a hot water bottle with a tube on it and a spring offer. Boy, me and my nephew got the ass whooping our life one time, we feel that my mama had went on and we found it on the back of the door.
Speaker 2: We'd always wonder what it was, so we put.
Speaker 9: Water in it, and we found out that it's that the water squeezed through the little holes on that white temper.
Speaker 2: So we chasing each other around the house like water, hurting each other.
Speaker 9: Okay, then he filled up the bag and it was my time to had it, and then he'll have it.
Speaker 2: Under his arm. My mama came in that house. My mama said, it's all this vinegar in hire.
Speaker 4: Now we didn't even know.
Speaker 9: We didn't know nothing about no vinegar smell. She said, what is all this vinegar? I smelled in this house? Now we sawing about.
Speaker 2: Oh that ain't not cool. We were squirting water or we set said.
Speaker 9: My mama got to do in the math and went back in now and touched that hot water bottle with the holes on it.
Speaker 2: And boy, we got our ass. And then so we didn't even know why we got beat. And then my brother was talking to it.
Speaker 12: What it was?
Speaker 2: Hey, man? Yeah, let me ask you something, Steve. What do she and the only in that grab mama's water bottle for today? Said now we was playing water.
Speaker 9: Gun with it.
Speaker 2: He said, boy, you know what that right there? I don't know what it is? He said, that's a lady's bag. And then I said, I don't what what what what? Because I clueless what you mean? It's a lady's bag. That's a douche bag. Still I'm clueless. Boy, When my damn brother told me what that bad was? Fun this yodd you man, I'm shooting water in my mouth full glass.
Speaker 9: I got the bag under my arm, mouth wide over time, that's what I said. That's when I first found out water a little in there. Wow, oh my god, because you know, because you know, they had a special solution.
Speaker 2: They put it in and you put vinegar in it too, and that's you know, and I had no idea.
Speaker 1: All right, we're moving on, man, you're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So Steve, when we left off, you were telling me.
Speaker 9: We was talking about conversation. But that's all a man got. Hen doesn't compare to.
Speaker 1: Late, absolutely not. I don't ever again, Well for us, don't close thing.
Speaker 2: That's all. We got two centimats. I don't know what that. Yeah, I need and we can stop some of this. Two centimeters is all I need to hit some of this fresh office. Have you ever been sitting up there?
Speaker 9: You ever been sitting up there sweating so band like your ass had been running the marathon sweat just a.
Speaker 2: Poet, you guys, hold up the man this ship.
Speaker 9: Have you ever reached over and told a shower curtain down, see a doctor.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the brand. I'm talking about rod and everything coming down. You in there fighting?
Speaker 9: Yeah, now you got that plastic curtain on you. Now you really hot. You were you and there conciprating. Now you got on the sad suit.
Speaker 10: You ain't here.
Speaker 1: Catching man suffocating yourself.
Speaker 2: You ain't ever had your eels. You ain't even had yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: No, in that room, the elevator, in the bathroom.
Speaker 15: When you go up to years, Papa, you really need something.
Speaker 9: You don't never lean back, and you ain't never lean back and knocked everything off the back of the tarlet, flow candle in the float, glade in the float, everything, all that flow.
Speaker 2: You ain't never done that.
Speaker 7: I told the hot water heat the nib off one time, come old boy, the whole hot water.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, no hot wos so hard? Yeah you got okay.
Speaker 9: I reached over and grab a toothbrush out the cup one time and just snapped it in hand.
Speaker 1: With your teeth.
Speaker 2: Couldn't take it no more. Sure I didn't reach over and grab the plunge and let that do yeah, yeah, plunge it just yourself yourself.
Speaker 9: Hey dog, you ever kicked a hole in the handle and have somebody to come and get it off your.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to tell.
Speaker 1: You that we have this all started because you were supposed to be helping Tommy by gifts for his wife.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 9: We were just talking about one last one, don't see. I'm talking about back in the day when we when the only thing in the bathroom was at Jacon Pitty catalog and you have a toe catalog in half. That's suppressions, suppression, that.
Speaker 1: A whole catalog in half.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm seriously go see a doctor. You guys, you're listening morning show, all right, So Steve, here's the here's the funny stories.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: A guy on Facebook said that he heard someone call an old car a geloppe, and he said he knew right away that that guy was old.
Speaker 15: So I gotta ask you. I got to ask Tommy and Jr.
Speaker 1: What are some of your favorite old person words or phrases. Things you've been hearing all your lives. You know that old people say, like jealoppe for instance.
Speaker 11: Actually, Ji, when Steve called somebody on drugs a junkie, you.
Speaker 10: Know my favorite.
Speaker 2: I love it that word.
Speaker 1: Oh you're comfortable with Steve.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was talking to my brother the other day, and my brother saying, man, I can't stand in a giant ass turkey.
Speaker 15: Damn, that's right out of the seventies.
Speaker 2: Turkey still saying that.
Speaker 15: What about you, junior?
Speaker 1: When old people say, these old players, they say, boy, if I had your hand, got mine off.
Speaker 7: They got that from They all say it, though your hands block up mine off.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you another one right here. Y'all want some hot water corn bread?
Speaker 1: Hot water corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's old as hell. Hot water. You want you like you like red eye gravy. Y'all still doing that.
Speaker 15: Either your favorite old people sayings or phrases.
Speaker 2: Mean between me and you and the fence post. I'm gonna tell you something between me.
Speaker 1: What, oh know, like make yourself there timing the old people saying said, look at that, looking at me like a new calf standing at a goat for that offense.
Speaker 2: What they were saying that what.
Speaker 1: They said, look at it, looking at me like a new calf at a new game. Say where can you get that from?
Speaker 15: I've never heard that one before.
Speaker 1: The new Gate move down in Brentham, Texas.
Speaker 2: Let me go down there.
Speaker 1: That's say it. That's it.
Speaker 10: I just go down.
Speaker 2: My daddy brother, my daddy brother, uncle lewis h. You know, I've been the hell in jail. They both the same. I put the orange jumping in. I didn't put the orange jump in the flip flop down.
Speaker 9: What, Yeah, you've been the hell in jail. I'm gonna tell you something. I'm gonna tell you something. Don't do nothing, no nothing be the hog head.
Speaker 15: Cheese said, you're gonna stick with food, you.
Speaker 9: Know, because that's oh you, you can't even say that. My children have no idea what that is? No hog head cheese.
Speaker 2: Boy, you can't beat the hog head cheese.
Speaker 1: Said, that's the fastest way to raise your blood pressure.
Speaker 9: My children have never had that. My children have never had chip litters. Never for what, well, they've never been par Let's just start that.
Speaker 1: You go, when old people say one a hand, be two in the bush, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: That means better go with what you got. Don't gonna mess with something over there? You go with what you got? Yeah, a bird herd in the hand the bush.
Speaker 9: See if you let the one in your hand, go and stick your hand in that bush and the birds fly if you ain't gonna handle damn.
Speaker 2: Bro I never got nothing. Yeah, okay, that mean.
Speaker 7: And you know we used to hear it mark my words, Mark because I said, mark my words, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Mark my words mean? Write this down because this's been to happen. If I can get you to use your head for moreing a hat wreck, we're gonna be Yeah.
Speaker 1: My mom used to say something about a chicken and a pot and a window to throw it out? Up?
Speaker 10: Have you heard that?
Speaker 2: Saying they got a pot, see it out?
Speaker 10: That's it chicken?
Speaker 2: He was bog y'all.
Speaker 3: Hell and the chicken at the bos Like what Mom?
Speaker 1: What do you saying?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, coming up, I'm all that piddling round? Yes, what is piling? The same thing as you can see you come on shore, let's go. We got to go see a man by the horse.
Speaker 10: I thought it was a dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, Coming up next, the nephew will be here with the prank phone call right after this.
Speaker 2: What did you grow up?
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show?
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject my ex wife made my son hate me. All right, we'll get into that and find out what that's all about in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 10: What you got for us, Nave?
Speaker 11: How deep you want me to go with it? Knee deep and stupid all the way just up to your neck and stupid. I feel you want to go with it.
Speaker 8: Here's that.
Speaker 1: I'll have this question for you. How deep can you go?
Speaker 10: Can you go deep?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 2: You just tell you how many time I've been asked that before we go deep? Stupid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: This right is called get a drumma some give the dramas thumb, all right, give the druma something cat dog if you would, Hello, I'm.
Speaker 14: Trying to riach uh Richie, Hey, Richie, how you doing? You the drummer for the for the band.
Speaker 12: It's saying, it's saying, all right.
Speaker 4: And you all show the guy that you're the manager of the band.
Speaker 2: T right?
Speaker 6: Correct? Correct? Correct?
Speaker 3: What's all right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: We want to book you guys for I think it's gonna be in February. All right, all right, February sixteen. That's yeah. I mean my name is Carter.
Speaker 14: They told you I was gonna be calling I think so.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's tell you what. We're gonna go through a little check minus list here and make sure we.
Speaker 14: On the same page, and we got everything's gonna be good that night. But I hear you guys, you got I'll tell you something. You guys come highly recommended.
Speaker 4: You know that, don't you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that, we know that we were the best out there. Yeah, it's all good, sounds all good, sounds perfect.
Speaker 4: All right, Now let's talk about money, because that's always the most crucial thing to talk about. Now, you guys, sounds good. Uh, you guys are supposed to be what about what thirty five hundred? From what I understand?
Speaker 6: Correct? All right?
Speaker 14: How many hours do I get you to thirty five hundred?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: What time is starting that we're gonna start that.
Speaker 4: We're gonna start seven, probably seven thirty, you know, get that, get that things jumping off about seven. I think that's gonna be good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can play till like I guess put out ten o'clock, seven.
Speaker 14: Thirty ten, I'm correct. Yeah, I'm gonna tell you something. They not gonna get going good till about ten. So I'm gonna say I'm gonna say this to you right now. You think you guys could probably go to midnight, maybe twelve thirty if I if I make that thing a nine five.
Speaker 4: Thousand dollars sounds good to me.
Speaker 6: You could definitely work with that.
Speaker 4: You can work with that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Well we'll accommodate.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be an awesome party.
Speaker 12: We're gonna we're gonna bringe this.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got that out of the way. I'll tell you what I think. The main thing that we haven't gone over is we haven't gone over the songs. And that's what that's what's gonna be important for this showdown. Now you can you got a pen and a pad, you can write this down.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I write it down, all right.
Speaker 6: Down, Give me a second, go ahead, all right? Did you got it all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got all right, buddy.
Speaker 14: I just want to be clear you guys when you go, when you guys go do gigs, you do have people that want certain uh songs of right or wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Usually yeah, if you got a request, definitely let us know.
Speaker 6: We can commodate.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, here we go, Uh, here we go. I want you right just down. I got I got some that we gotta make sure this is gonna be doing the hide of the party. Here we go. Okay, Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks right, Tennessee whiskey. That's Chris Stapleton. You know that. Okay, my time part, that's Jason all things.
Speaker 6: Hold off for a second. Is that country music?
Speaker 4: That's country music?
Speaker 14: Well, that's that's that's that's that's everything. We gonna do everything, we gonna do that said, that's gonna be country.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bro, I gotta tell you right now, man, R and B. That's our specialty. Did you not know that? You know what I'm saying. We were playing R and B.
Speaker 4: He did not know that.
Speaker 14: All I know is you guys come highly recommend. Tell me you guys can say anything in the world. I know is I want a gun country. I want some gun country music going on roady. I know that.
Speaker 6: But you know our specialty is an R and B. That's our specialty. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: It's it's not like we're trained monkeys where we could just learn something new last mint like that.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Let's.
Speaker 14: Let's get let's get one, let's get one thing.
Speaker 4: Understand you're the person that's said monkey ain't yo yo, I'm just no.
Speaker 6: And you know that we're an R and B band.
Speaker 4: That's our big thing.
Speaker 6: That's what we promote ourselves as.
Speaker 14: Let me ask you something, Richie. Something do you not Do you not want to make the five town knowledge that you and I have already negotiated.
Speaker 6: I don't like being disrespected though.
Speaker 14: You know what I'm saying, and about disrespecting you, You're just.
Speaker 4: We're an R and B band.
Speaker 6: We don't country.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. It on here, Richie, you got something.
Speaker 14: Here's trench of music.
Speaker 4: I have no problem with country music.
Speaker 12: It's just that we have a full horn section, which doesn't really work with country music.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm said.
Speaker 4: We play R and D.
Speaker 14: It's not our genre.
Speaker 4: Well, I got I got what year used to doing. But if I don't hear uh, let me see your girner, Oh my Cole swim. They all didn't didn't that. It ain't gonna work for me. I gotta get that.
Speaker 14: I gotta get slow burned by Tim Heats. I gotta get all my aroty friends who coming over by.
Speaker 4: I ain't Williams.
Speaker 14: I mean that, yo.
Speaker 4: You know what? Waitny wait, wait wait wait.
Speaker 14: Kevin over at the bank is telling me that you guys can sing anything in the world.
Speaker 4: Now. I know you ain't telling me that Kevin's line.
Speaker 12: I mean, he's maybe he should have told you explicitly what we do and what we play.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I've never met even matter in my life. I playing problem playing Guardbrooks, Chris Staple, Jason now name Brooks and Nuns, Blake Shelton, Cole swin Dale. Lady, ay, you donna sit here and tell me you can't play none of these songs. I want you to get on the stage and sing these songs that we won't do. We ain't got time to find another group. Everybody don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't get about your stupid party.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You came to us to play music, and then.
Speaker 4: We told you what we do right now. You know, right now, I feel like I feel like we had a stand off. I'm Okayer rail.
Speaker 6: All right, all right?
Speaker 12: Let me let me talk to my band, all right, because this is going this is going unnecessary too far.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Maybe we could make it work, all right.
Speaker 4: Let me let me ask you something. Is Drey the bass player? Yeah? Correct, Okay? Can I tell you something about Drey?
Speaker 6: What about him.
Speaker 4: Drey got me to playt phone call you. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve hall off In Morning Show. Baby, you just got pranked by your boy in the band Dre.
Speaker 6: Damn, damn damn.
Speaker 14: Okay, I gotta ask you something, man, What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land, Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 15: Come on, come on at Tennessee Whiskey. I love that song though, come on.
Speaker 1: Country music. Yeah, that's a good one, right, got all these voices, Tommy, man, you can do them all.
Speaker 11: Hey, I gotta thank everybody for going to my website. You know, ever since I've made it one cancer free, I started my website Don't Cancer Me out dot com and people have been buying, you know, different paraphernalia for they loved ones. So if you if you want to find something for your loved one that's that's battling cancer or beat cancer, you know, going through it, whatever the case may be, excuse me, go to Don't Cancer meot dot com. And the best thing about it is you click on that particular cancer. Every cancer has its own different color ribbon, so you click on that particular cancer and you can actually, you know, you get something special made for them that don't cancer me out dot com.
Speaker 2: I got hoodies, I.
Speaker 11: Got t shirts, I got water bottles, I got baseball caps. Don't cancer me out dot com and they'll buying them at my at my shows like crazy.
Speaker 2: So y'all check it out. It's a new product out there, don't cancer me out? All right?
Speaker 7: Encouraging and awareness, that's what you Yes, yes, sir, yes, yes, yes, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, thanking if you coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is my ex wife made my son hate me. We will get into that right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more. Please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the.
Speaker 15: Air, just like we're going to read this one right here.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: Bugle up and hold on tight. We got it for what you here. It is letter.
Speaker 1: Subject my wife made sure my son hates me. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm going to jump right on end. I cheated on my wife two years ago with a woman that constantly threatened to call my wife when she didn't get what she wanted. This one on two years until I ran out of money and decided to end the affair. This woman called my wife a few days later. I was out cutting the yard when my wife when when she called my house and my wife answered. I walked in and my wife was on the speaker phone listening to my side chicks, with my son sitting there listening to everything. He was twelve years old at the time, and I made him leave the room, but he had already heard enough.
Speaker 15: My relationship with him was ruined after that day.
Speaker 1: My home life was terrible too, so I moved out after my wife served me with divorce papers. We are in the process of discussing who will get custody of our son, and I haven't seen him in months. His mother's brainwatched him to think I'm a no good cheater and liar. She has him in the middle of grown folks business, and when we talk, she's always on speakerphone so my son can hear all of the conversation. She sends me text messages with our son on the text thread, and she's usually calling me names and cursing me out. She's brought up all kinds of things that have happened in our marriage, and my son.
Speaker 15: Doesn't need to know all of that.
Speaker 1: I'm dying to see him, so I sent him a text asking him to have dinner with me one day soon. He sent me the most disrespectful reply a child could send a father.
Speaker 15: I wanted to go snatch him up real quick, but I can't.
Speaker 1: This is not the boy I raised. He needs his father back in his life. How can I reverse all of this brainwashing? Please advise? Well, I don't know if you're gonna be able to do that. And I have to say this, Everything in this letter is just terrible.
Speaker 10: Everything in this letter, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you cheat it for the lamest excuse ever, I mean, in the history of cheating.
Speaker 15: Just say you cheated or wanted to cheat.
Speaker 1: Cheating because this woman was gonna call your wife if you didn't cheat with her is about the stupidest thing ever, I mean. And then you cheated with her for two years. She scared her for two years. Okay, that's just dumb. You know you should have told your wife about the threats when they started, and then call the woman's bluff and not cheat it since she ended up calling your wife anyway.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I also, this is what I don't hear in this. I don't hear any remorse from you. I hear no remorse from you about what she did. I mean, did you try to fix it, did you try to apologize? Did you try anything anything?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 1: And of course your wife wanted to hurt you, and she knows your son is a way to get at you. I mean, what she did is beyond wrong. What she did is beyond wrong. There's no way your son should have been in the middle, as you say, grown folks business. If she needed an ally, she could have talked to another adult.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: She tainted the boy now, made herself look like a victim, and yeah, made you hate him, made your son hate you and disrespect you. I'm not blaming your wife. I'm not blaming her for anything. This is your fault.
Speaker 10: This is you.
Speaker 1: And of course your son doesn't want to see his mom hurt and going through because of you. People get divorced every day and parents do get joint custody of a kid. So hopefully during the divorce. That'll work itself out. But yeah, you, sir, created all of this because of your cheating. Now the family's broken. But you got to get to your son some kind of way. You gotta apologize to him. You gotta do something. You got to talk to your son and not say anything bad about his mom like you tried.
Speaker 15: To, you know, allude to in the letter.
Speaker 1: None of that. I don't agree with anything she's done either. And your son is already damaged by what she did, you know, letting him hear everything.
Speaker 15: So you got to get to a counselor.
Speaker 1: You got to talk to him, a therapist, a pastor, Jesus someone to heal this relationship. Hopefully, like I said, the divorce. When you get that, when you get custody, you know, he can begin to understand that you do love him.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 9: See, I don't think this is a letter at all about reconciliation. I don't think it is at all. And I think the man came right on when he said, and I'm gonna just jump right on it. I cheated on my wife two years ago. He already noticed his fault.
Speaker 10: He hit that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, he know it.
Speaker 9: This is his fault with a woman who constantly threatened to call my wife when she didn't get what she wanted.
Speaker 2: See, now that's not a threat. If you don't stay with me, I'm gonna call your wife.
Speaker 9: It could be anything she wanted, because he said, like he was buying her stuff, getting her stuff, probably helping her, you know, with the bills and all this hit. And when she don't give something, she want her way or him to come over at a certain time, then I'm gonna threaten to call your wife. This went on for two years, and this is the killer part, he says, until I read out of money and decided to end the affair. See, this affair was based around the money he was giving the mistress. So when the mistress couldn't get what, she won't and with threat out need this, you need to buy me? That did shit threaten to call the wife. He kept it going for two years. He liked the little sideline stuff, but it was costing him too much, so then he decided to end the affair.
Speaker 1: What what should he didn't have to do any of this.
Speaker 9: I'm just he was cheating with the woman. He was buying her stuff. She wanted more when he didn't have the money to give or wall. She threatened to call him. He tried to keep it until he ran out of money.
Speaker 2: All right, what is is that?
Speaker 1: We'll come back with part two of your response. Girl at twenty three minutes.
Speaker 2: After you went straightened her letter and her out, come on back.
Speaker 15: You straightened him out.
Speaker 2: He needs to send you out.
Speaker 1: My ex wife made sure my son hates me is the subject. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject my ex wife made my son hate me?
Speaker 9: All right, man writes a letter that said he gonna jump right on it. Cheated on his wife two years ago. He admitted that he know he wrong with a woman that constantly threatened to call my wife when she didn't get what she wanted. That could be I want you to come over now. That could be I want a new dress. That could be I want you to fix my car. That could be I need help with these bills. It could be anything she wanted, but she would threaten to call wife.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: He tried to keep it up, and he said this went on for two years until I ran out of money, and I said, man, now, I got to end this affair because that affair he was in, it might have been sexual, but it was tied to money.
Speaker 2: Sugar.
Speaker 9: Daddy ran out of sugar. He just daddy now, So that's what happened. I was out cutting the yard when she called my house and my wife answered.
Speaker 2: Walked in. Wife on the speaker phone listening to my side. Cheick, he know he's wrong. My son was sitting there listening to everything.
Speaker 9: He was twelve years old at the time, and I made him leave the room, but he had already heard enough relationlationship when him was ruined. After that day, my home life was terrible too, so I moved out after my wife served me with divorce papers.
Speaker 2: So this isn't about a reconciliation. It's over. He caused it, his fault. Bam. Here the problem.
Speaker 9: We are in the process of discussion who will get custody of our son?
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 9: You not getting custody. You could get joint custody. You know you might get knocked down to visitation, but you not getting custody. You can stop this argument right now. I haven't seen him in months. His mother has brainwashed him to think I'm a no good cheetah and liar. She has him in the middle of grown folks business, and when we talk, she's always on speakerphone, so my son can hear all of the conversation. Sureley and I both agree she's wrong for this. I'm gonna tell you at the end. Sends me text messages with our son on the text thread. Oh she wrong, man, But I'm gonna tell you why she's doing this too, calling your names and cussing me out. She's brought up all kinds of things that happened, and I marriage my son don't need to know all that. I'm dying to see him. So when I send him a text ask him to have dinner with me one day soon, he sent me the most disrespectful reply a child could send her father. I want to go snatch him up real quick, but I can't. This is not the boy I raised. He needs his father back in his life. How can I reverse all the brain washing? Please advise? Well, see, here's a deal. She has accomplished what she wanted to do. But here's the problem. She won, but he lost. Not you have lost.
Speaker 2: Her son has lost because.
Speaker 9: See, not only does she not have a husband. But now she got her son thinking he ain't got a father, And it don't have to be because here's my opinion in this whole thing. When your husband doesn't prove to be a great hub, it doesn't mean that he's not a good father.
Speaker 2: Those are two different roles.
Speaker 9: Completely, And when I say that, I meaning that the two roles can be separated and each can be performed extremely well. You can be a great husband and never have any children. You can be a great father, but you don't necessarily make you a great husband. So the man is not a great husband, got that, But that don't mean he ain't a great father. But as a scorn woman or man, tying the two together only hurts the child, the childish crush. Oh, you whipping the fathers behind?
Speaker 2: But do you know that? You know in the long run that man is still a man no matter what you say about him.
Speaker 9: But you are hindering your son's development into manhood because the one person that can teach him how to be a man, you've discredited him because he wasn't a good husband. See, y'all just wasn't it for each other? For whatever the reason? Was he wrong for cheating one hundred percent, one hundred percent. But because he's not a good husband, don't make him not a good father. So now you've brainwashed the child and hating his own father, and you win. But guess what your child loses. And y'all got to stop that this knowledge. If you are out there, you have to stop that. If you're in the process of using your child as upon and your divorce or your relationship, you have to stop that. I am speaking from experience. You have to stop that. It's not for you to do this to this boy, because I have news for you. One day, this boy's gonna grow up and he gonna know the truth. And as this boy grows up, this boy is gonna make mistakes of his own and he's gonna start to understand that mistakes happen in life. But because he wasn't a great husband to you, don't mean that he wasn't a great and that he wasn't a great father to this boy.
Speaker 2: And you're doing nothing but damaging the boy. And they tell you all the time.
Speaker 9: Listen, I don't let my children hear me say nothing about their mother's dispattage.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 9: Oh I could, but I don't now them on the other hand, Oh, they ain't done me, done me like like a damn book. But guess what, at the end, the truth comes out hanging that dog. I support the man in this letter, surely.
Speaker 1: I support the child. All right, well, wow, okay, Well we'll continue this conversation when we come back. My ex wife made sure my son hates me. Steve and I agree on that that that is definitely wrong. And we have some personal experiences to talk about when we come back. All right, after this, you're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, see this, this strawberry letter was was interesting. My ex wife made sure my son hates me. You know, I mean, we can relate to it. We can relate to it. We've both been divorced on the show. You know, full disclosure. My first marriage didn't go well, didn't end well, but we had a beautiful child out of that relationship.
Speaker 15: And you know, I'm not ashamed to admit.
Speaker 1: That I was very bitter. I was very very bitter when we broke up.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, you get to a dark place sometimes you're angry, you're bitter, and you know, I was on the radio.
Speaker 15: I was on the radio in LA.
Speaker 1: A lot of people who listened during that time. Probably well hopefully they don't remember so long ago, but yeah, I used to bad I used to really bad mouth my ex husband on the air constantly, because you know, something would happen that it would remind me or you know, trigger me or something like that, and I just go in, you know, or say one thing, Yeah, call him a deadbeat dad or whatever whatever, and uh, just just not a good look, you know.
Speaker 2: So when you look back, you look back for now what you think, Oh.
Speaker 1: It was horrible. I mean I had to stop myself. You know, you grow, you change, people change, they do. I had to forgive him that. It started with that forgiveness, because forgiveness is not for the other person. We talk about that a lot on the show. Forgiveness is for you. Once I forgave him, then I could start to heal. And I stopped, and I apologized on the air. I apologize to him for saying that because we had a child, I never wanted her to grow up. And you know have people saying, well, your mom used to do this, talk about your I never wanted that.
Speaker 2: So you know mine ain't feel that way.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 10: She wouldn't do that.
Speaker 15: You're too much of a gentleman to do that.
Speaker 9: Well, I would never talk about my sons and daughters mothers in a disparaging way publicly.
Speaker 2: I would never do that. You know.
Speaker 9: I have my comments aware in my own personal life because I'm human, but never on the air, because I taught my sons. I raised my sons to honor their mothers like I was raised to honor mind and to defend her at all costs.
Speaker 2: I can't they can't see me talking about it. Then I asked them not to honor them.
Speaker 9: But you know, my my, Yeah, but my ex went on a complete and total smear campaign out of out of her anger and scoring for years. I understand, for years. I mean just attack, attack, attack, attack. You're so you know, and you know, I thank god I had Marjorie, you know, a strong woman who knew me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can say no.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 15: All right, guys, here's something we saw on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Now, there was a boss who asked five coworkers who were in a meeting if they had any spare change. So this guy said, my friend was about to reach into his pocket and a coworker grabbed his hand to quickly step to quietly stop him from offering change. A different coworker who was eager to kiss but said hey, I have eighty cents. The boss said, great, I heard your change jingling throughout the meeting. Please don't bring any change into the meetings anymore. Yes, yes, yes, So Steve, I got to ask you.
Speaker 15: I know you have a crazy horrible boss story.
Speaker 2: I know you do. Please she yes.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, just in my life, I thought all my bosses was horrible because first of all, my problem as an Yeah, every last one of them. I never none of my boss because I didn't I didn't think none of them should be in charge of me.
Speaker 2: That was my whole Damn Yeah, I had this. I had. I had a boss named Bob Cook in Cleveland at the Ginery Electric Huh.
Speaker 9: And he was he was chastising me one time because he didn't like the way I had unloaded this truck with the tobo. So it pulls me in the office and talk to me, little fat, little dude, real big ass stomach. He leaned back, had his foot up on the desk. He said to me, you know something Harvey. If you could just change your work habits. I've been at this company thirty years. If you following my footsteps, you could be me.
Speaker 2: One day.
Speaker 9: WHOA, I got up and was walking out that door. He said, where are you going? I said, man, I don't want to be you, and walked out that door and shut that door. Two weeks later I was gone, okay, yeah, that costs me right there, a walk out moment, shut the door. I said, man, I don't want to be you.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'm agreeing with Steve.
Speaker 13: Quitting takes a toll on your life, and it only hits you when you're sitting in that car. I mean, you quit inside and then you gotta go outside, and you have already quit it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: I'm saying inside, Well I'm not. Well, the hell with it, damn it. You take your job and you know what.
Speaker 2: You can do with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm out this, and you add and then you walk out.
Speaker 2: Now you in the car, and then that's.
Speaker 9: That's when it all hits you, Jay Jay, when you realize they fit to send you your last check.
Speaker 2: Ain't too many people with a job. I've got enough savings and last you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, six months. Very few people got six months of savings set up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 13: When you realize that you're off, when you realize that you're off from work that day, real early, I mean you are real early, like whoa, I'm off, like.
Speaker 2: Like eleven thirty a m you off? Yeah, you ain't making lunech. You off calling nobody because everybody else is there.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, and then when you call back, they all of a sudden whispering to you, and you not even now they whispering.
Speaker 3: Mann, I heard you, I heard you laugh.
Speaker 6: I can't come.
Speaker 2: I gotta go over.
Speaker 3: I mean, like what we were just funny? What the hell happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah man.
Speaker 11: I got into work. I worked at the gap. I worked at the gap, and I'm aneath. I'm a neat from that, y'all know that. So my job was surelet baby gap.
Speaker 2: I worked at the gap. I'm over the sweat wall.
Speaker 11: I got the sweat wall immaculate, and I mean everything folded just it's pitching purpose. And I got into it with a customer that just started pulling stuff out the sweat wall, trying to try and stuff your yanking stuff out and the manager came up and said, hey, you just do what you're supposed to do. You sweat, you fix it, and you put it back. I said, what the hell are you talking too? I had this wall thick over here, But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 11: I'm finna go down here. I went down there the windows and got me a Burger cameras. I just couldn't take it.
Speaker 2: A perfect wall the world for him to get all them sweats up that high.
Speaker 4: On that wall.
Speaker 1: Today's trending stories coming up in twenty minutes after right after.
Speaker 10: This You're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: An iPhone repair technician got a strange request recently and told the social media followers about the request. A couple came in to get the husband's phone fixed, but he left a note hidden inside for the repairman. The note said, please tell my wife the phone is unfixable. She wants to check the phone history. And there was a CRISP one hundred dollars bill folded up with the note inside the phone. The phone repair guy asked his followers, what do you guys think I should do?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 2: Shut up, take the hunted and go to dimmis.
Speaker 3: What broke the man coat? He broke the man coat.
Speaker 2: He broke the right there. Pardon he broke it? Oh, for real, dog, you also take the hundred.
Speaker 11: Yeah, chill man, Will, We shouldn't been talking about this, don't well, yeah, this ain't nothing to do with matter of fact, if I was to do it, I'll go back in and add for my phone.
Speaker 2: They lost it.
Speaker 13: We're talking about the cold, Chilly Will, Now that's not We're talking about the cold.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't care what he did. Dog. You know you spos would take that hundred and say you can't be fixed.
Speaker 7: They mad at the repair man, but not at the man at the husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is a cold.
Speaker 2: Ladies were gonna fix what we can fix call them. Okay, We'm right being mad at the repair man.
Speaker 1: There's some honest people in the world. Mark Steve Robey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I hope they steal his car, take it to go vote and then sh.
Speaker 1: Steve Harby Morning Show and some trending news coming up at thirty three.
Speaker 15: Minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're.
Speaker 10: Listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for would you rather? Would you rather win the lottery jackpot or would you rather live in good health and live to be one hundred and twenty years old?
Speaker 2: We broke though at.
Speaker 10: One hundred and twenty.
Speaker 1: And old.
Speaker 9: Give me fifteen good years of this billion, so you only get fifteen years. No, no, no, I'm just saying, no, give me this money, and God has for me exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's give me this money and whatever my riot is, I had worked out with the line. I was looking for one oh four.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you are a health proponent now, you like I'm a big.
Speaker 2: Proponent of health. Yeah, well, health is more important than wealth. Yeah money in.
Speaker 1: Your statement, yeah you were You could be health, right, Carlo, You could be healthy.
Speaker 15: And lived till one hundred and twenty years old.
Speaker 2: I'm healthy. Now give me this billion and watch this health. I'm healthy now.
Speaker 9: It's not saying you've got to be unhealthy with the billion. It's just you're guaranteed one hundred and twenty years of good health or you can get this billion right now.
Speaker 2: I want to be healthy. Yeah, okay, because I'm a thing I want to do before one twenty. Anyway, I'm gonna do it. A couple of issues, but just billion.
Speaker 1: Gotta get you straight.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, movie, I want take that billion. I'm gonna make myself sick by saying nothing.
Speaker 1: Here're just stupid?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go straight now, man, come on.
Speaker 1: Would you rather think about this when you were single? Okay, I gotta put that in there. Would you rather get a text from from a one night stand that says I'm pregnant? Or I have an s t D? Which one?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Which damn STD is it? I mean, we gotta talk this. It's just a helble. STD can Yeah, we might. You know, the baby might be bad because you just got some insects on me. We can work through that.
Speaker 3: What kind of a scripture if we talk?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Actually we're talking about what are we talking about? Which were talking about? Some which somebody is shoked off his penosilla?
Speaker 1: Anybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, we just peninsilla, I go and take shots.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, you guys, that's today's round of would you rather? Coming up at forty nine minutes after the hour, our last break of the day and some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey. Right after this, you're.
Speaker 10: Listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, here we are, guys, our last break of the day. And Steve, you have some closing remarks.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 9: I'm just on this tip right now because I want to just remind people really really focus on yourself. And I'm not meaning to the point where you don't consider other people, That's not what I'm saying. But in order to be successful, I really want you to focus on yourself, because in order to get you to the next level, nobody should know you better than yourself, and the best way to know yourself is to be true to yourself. Do the things that feel right to you, Do the things that motivate you, do the things that put you in a better position. Do the things that you know in your heart are right. If it don't feel right, it's probably cause it's not. If what you are doing is at the expense are the cost of somebody else, You're going to have to pay for that, because that's not how it's done. You don't have to use anybody to get to where you're trying to go in life, especially if it's in the same place God has for you.
Speaker 2: God don't need no help.
Speaker 9: God don't need you using nobody, stepping on nobody, abusing nobody. He doesn't need that help. So if you are doing something and you know what's wrong. You have to pull yourself up, pull yourself together.
Speaker 2: Now, listen to me.
Speaker 9: When you make a mistake, and you will and you get it wrong, and you will get up and go again, Get up and go again. You have to keep moving forward. God is not looking for your perfection. He is only looking for your persistence. You are not going to be perfect. I don't care how hard you try. That's what Grayson Forgiveness and mercy is all about. Because he put it. He implemented a system where he knew that we were going to fail so many times along the way trying to get it right. So he created grace, mercy and forgiveness. So when you make a mistake, stop laying in it. It's okay. You made a mistake. It's no big deal. Everybody makes them. But know yourself and know what you do. If you don't really care to drink, nothing says you have to drink. If you're the person that really ain't in the weed, just because it is legal don't mean you got to do it. Alcohol is legal, cigarettes is legal, But if it's not for you, it's not for you.
Speaker 2: Know yourself and lock in after you know yourself. Lock in on your purpose.
Speaker 9: You know I say this all the time, the two greatest days in your life or the day you're born, in the day you discover why. But listen to me, man, that why is critical? That why is your purpose? That why is your meaning your service? That why is everything? You've got to lock in on your purpose and stay there and stop allowing everything to sidetrack you. So many people, man, we are so easily distracted in this world because the distractions are everywhere. But you got to get tuned in to your purpose. Why are you on this earth? Are you really on this earth to live the way you live in?
Speaker 2: I mean, you have to just come to it that.
Speaker 9: I had to just sit myself down one day and go, Steve Harvey, are you really in this world to live the way you live it?
Speaker 2: Do you think that God.
Speaker 9: Took all this time bring you through all the stuff he brought you through for you to act like this, for you to continue living like this? And when I had that honest conversation with myself, the answer was no, And so I had to start.
Speaker 2: Pulling it together.
Speaker 9: But I couldn't pull it together by myself. I had to ask God for some help. You know, why would I not go to God for the health? He's my creator. If you're driving a car and you got a car and your car breakdown, there's an owner's manual in the glove compartment, and you know why is there because it helps you troubleshoot what's wrong with the car. Now, if you're driving a Toyota, that manual that you're looking for in the glove compartment is going to be a Toyota manual specific to the type of car that you're driving. That way, you know exactly how to fix what's wrong. So when something is wrong with you, you have an owner's manual. It's your Bible, it's your Koran, it's your Terror, it's whatever you read for your religious faith. You have an owner's manual that specifically can fix your ailment. And it comes in chapters and verses. God don't care what's wrong with you. There is an answer in those pages. And if you don't have the book, all you got to do is ask God for help. But you have got to get tuned in you your purpose. And when you make mistakes and you fall, it doesn't mean it's over. I have fallen thousands of times, but The blessing that I have that God has given me is I have the will, the desire and the faith to get back up.
Speaker 2: Over and over and over again. And you can do it too. You have that same thing in you. In order to get up. You simply have to look up.
Speaker 9: Every time I fall, I look to my heavenly Father and he gives me the strip to go on to tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And you got it.
Speaker 9: All you got to do is get home, go to sleep, wake up and go again. Come on, y'all, this is the year. You can change a lot of things. It's gonna take some effort on your part, but you can do it. It's just take some faith. The faith with our works is dead. You got to get busy, stay true to yourself, identify your purpose and stop getting distracted.
Speaker 2: Let's go my clothing man. Y'all have a great day, all right. Talk to God. He loved to hear from you.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show