Speaker 1: Fight all right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton, Watts Bay to LA. Come on to California day from Owley to Valley. We represent that Keller County. So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles Coronic Goals.
Speaker 3: We gonna tell.
Speaker 1: You how are we goals?
Speaker 3: If I lie my nose will girl like Pinocchio. We're gonna tell you the truth and.
Speaker 2: Nothing but the truths the chronic Goals.
Speaker 1: This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't, Big Change and Big steels the streets.
Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael on your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles, leave a start rating the comment what's happening? What's up? Welcome to another episode of the Gangs the Chronicles podcast, broadcasting from the mother Flipping Coin Academy with my guys, yeh and my man is Soaring Baker. You had to start saying your own name, so all right, Soaring Baker, I'm in the buildings. Thanks for having me off journalists extraordinary super journalists and my man a was out last week.
Speaker 3: How you feeling. You're good, man? Yeah, I'm straight. Everything good for sure. For sure.
Speaker 1: Man, there's a lot of real interesting shit going on in that list. Don't have a few of the rapper only's upset dog.
Speaker 3: They ain't nobody, you know. I haven't heard any comments. I've seen a few comments.
Speaker 1: But you know, the funniest thing is when they get mad and because they missed their name on the list, and I'm like, well you on that, bro, you don't see it. You're right down at number twenty six, twenty seven.
Speaker 3: They said, both of y'all fucked up for y'all crazy is his hell? Y'all ain't got no Siebo, y'all crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one of the He's one of the greats, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Like that, what I you? The bowl is a gangster? How How how come Sebo he had no album on the list?
Speaker 1: Hey man, Siebo? For me, Sebull came in like rong, number fifty three, fifty four. He was close with it. But you gotta understand something. If you put Sebull in here, if you bump somebody out and put him in, then you have another person. But why you didn't have him? You can't everybody can't be in the top fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think people's opinion of when you say and gangster rap, how can you not consider Cio he is he is the most West Coast gangster gangster gangster? You know, how can you now seboll do great work? But you know what I got for all of can you have somebody like the Loonies or mob deep over somebody who represents CRIPTI as far as a gangster?
Speaker 1: So because every nigga is a Cripinogos had the album and the talk for.
Speaker 3: Because well that's because people are saying, y'all are calling it gangster rap. Well, who's who's gangster? So you're saying a nigga in New York is gangster more than a nigga claiming a crypt set in Sacramento. Well, you know the thing is, And I'm just saying because this is what this is what the the questions that are being presented as far as you know, because niggas just they have their opinions about what's a gangster rap album?
Speaker 1: And I have a solution for all them people out there. I got this, I got I got no. I a't gonna get a nigga a solution for all of them. I ain't gonna get niggave because that's what it is, just an opinion, right right, Yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna tell you the secret to all this, big dog and this this is Solt Everything gone, Victual Pin. Pick up a piece of paper and you can write your own list and you can have wherever you want to in there.
Speaker 3: But as a normal citizen and a motherfucker who don't have a billion download platform podcast has, they're gangster chronic like Sawing Baker who's been on all kind of you know, platforms, and you know, got a book out about rap and all of that. I'm just a regular truck driving nigga who go to work from nine to five. I'm not making no gangster. You the expert. How can you not have ce Ball?
Speaker 1: I feel like you know what, man, And don't get me wrong, A lot of thought went into this shit though. It's like I'm gonna get I'm gonna get on you too.
Speaker 3: So and because a lot of the others had to be on about how can you not have dog pound mother.
Speaker 1: Fuckers when you know what, And that's but I'm gonna do. I'm gonna read my list first of all, right now, I'm gonna read the list.
Speaker 4: Well as far as dog Pound Dazz is like nigga, I'm gangster rap, well, dad, and you have a lists is on the chronic and as on Darkys now not as all here, I'm the dog Pound Dazz Dillager is gangster Long Beach, twenty first Street cripping.
Speaker 3: Again, these are what people look at as y'all niggas talking about where does gangster come from? Right right? Because that's their opinion. Like I said, we got gangster shit that I felt like. I listened to gangster records from here to New York. In my opinion, ghetto boys gripping on another level. That was gangster to me. Absolutely Home three two the convicts, that was gangster shit to me. But you know how some people feel like, you know we from right now?
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 3: We're from the West Coast. We from Compton, Lone Beach, Watts South Central. Fuck it. Even if you want to go up to the Bay Area in Oakland and Sacramento, you know we are the epitome of gangsters, cripping blood and you know, on wax, banging on wax. So how you know that's the opinions again of some other cats who feel like but the niggas from the beach, me from.
Speaker 1: The East Siders are on my list.
Speaker 3: East Side they was twenty first Street, you know, insane rolling twenties, like, how can they not be in your consideration of the fifty top gangster rap right?
Speaker 1: So, I don't know if we give more gangs in this. This is the top ten number one Snoop dog doggy Style two ice Cube Death Certificate, three Doctor Dreda Chronic four Easy Easy does It? Five n w A Niggas for Life, six Ghetto Boys, We Can't be Stopped? Seven fifty get Richard Datrum which was a gangster them Hey Docthor Dreda Chronic two thousand and one, nine ice Cube America's most teena scarface to Fix eleven n W three out of Compton MC eight we come Strapped, Ice t Ryan pays fourteen bone Thugs Harmony East nineteen ninety nine Eternal that was against them.
Speaker 3: Which you consider that more gangster than a dog food? No, but let me finish. No, I'm just saying, thought, those are your top fifteen whatever. But you can consider Bone Thugs more gangster than the dog pound, dazz and corrupt.
Speaker 1: This is a music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not who's more gangs and it's still music because because still in the aspect of the dog pound versus ball thugs and army eat dog pounds, still is more gangster.
Speaker 1: But that's a different conversation here. That's a different conversation. Now, if I'm picking some motherfuckers, do.
Speaker 4: You know who represents cripping the hardiest? That's a different like that. Yeah, that's a different question.
Speaker 1: And then this is what I say right here, they told about three shit, you know you've got the first.
Speaker 3: Or maybe maybe maybe the aspects should have been more on street records instead of gangster because when you go gangster, niggas are gonna go. How can you say Bone Thugs is more gangster than us? Right, you get me? Because that's what they consider gangster rap. Let's let's put it in. Let's go the West Coast in general, feet all straight up. Absolutely, they didn't start saying gangster rap because of us. If Bone Thugs in harmony came out whatever, they would never been called gangster rap, they would beat bone Thugs in harmony, right, you give me. But because the symbolization of gangsters came from West Coast niggas going with crips and bloods. Okay, So niggas like Easy started talking about boys in the hood because we were hood niggas. You're right, you saw the aspect of some people. The generalization is I love Bone Thug bang the fuck out of East nineteen ninety nine. But when you go put it up against somebody who's supposed to be a gangster fucking rapper, people are gonna question that. Like, I never considered bone Thugs gangster. Was they street? Yeah? They were small niggas, but they did.
Speaker 1: But that's that's like.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing of different people looking at different things. We you and I didn't think the Loonies were a gangst The rap album still did, but that's still's opinions.
Speaker 1: So it's not a to me. That's one part of us that, dude, do you.
Speaker 3: Like, does it go to the aspect of so when you bang Operation Stackola.
Speaker 1: Which is a phenomenal accent to.
Speaker 3: The Loonies, that you think they were gangster niggas or you just felt they were some street niggas.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what I feel like. This, I feel like anything with catsers talking about some street ship.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: See that's what we disagree those I disagree with you. Still I don't think of it.
Speaker 3: That way, Yeah, because that's to me, I don't think of it. I don't think that niggas who's everyone who talks street ship is a gangster rapp But that's why I said.
Speaker 1: And here's the songs on the album On Louise album number two, on which album Operation stack Ola you got? The intro number two is put the lid on. You talk about busting on somebody.
Speaker 4: But that's not that's not gang banging those that's mart it's not gang but it's not gang bag.
Speaker 3: It's street ship. It's not what they're saying they're from, or they claim they're not in the vill.
Speaker 1: They claim in the vill. What's what's the ville? The ville is the neighborhood where they're from. The ville up in the one one of the artists neighborhoods and the one on the West coast is up there.
Speaker 3: They do their ship.
Speaker 1: They selling dope up there, they're selling pussy, they're doing some everything. Motherfucker's getting shot. That's some gamester ship to me.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just the aspect of where you like I said, Like I said, West coast, West coast artists are gonna always fit, especially if they in that field. But because like I said, we've had niggas outside of gangster shit. We've had hieroglyphics, we've had fucking the all the funky homo sapey, and we've had the alcoholic and I wouldn't put the album no, and that's what I'm saying, but they still talk to street shit. I banged the alcoholics because it's street ship.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 3: The niggas ain't talking about motherfucking you know, riding hot air balloons and niggas talking about nigga we getting drunk in the neighborhood and you know bitches and that's some street shit to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the Alcoholics always represent themselves as a hip hop group. There was more like of course, I think too.
Speaker 4: This is another big thing that I think, kind of building off what E's saying, is that when we go to other cities, Chicago got a lot of gang banging music, but because the media or the fans or whatever, nationally, the West coast. However, don't look at it like, oh, these dudes are representing gd These dudes are representing whatever they represent, Lantin Kings.
Speaker 1: Whatever, Vice Lords.
Speaker 4: They're not looked at as gangster rappers to the average person, even though if you listen to a lot of their music it's super gag bag.
Speaker 3: They would be considered gangster them. And here you have the niggas talking about we from sixty this, yeah, sixty that, we from this, we from Tucaville, we from one A saying back in the day, nobody looking nobody, no, no, they were banging on their records because back in the day when you got when you listening to Hey in the barn, right, Oh, but niggas is going there them niggas a street I knew, Cruise Show did a lot of songs with a lot of shows with them, But nobody would go all their niggas gangster rappers.
Speaker 4: But they knew that in Chicago because you understood the slang, and you have to understand the slang in order to be able to look at them as gangster rap rappers.
Speaker 3: Pip was good street you know it. But yeah, the Chicago image to us was common and ship like that. So, but then, like I said, when you go down South, there was the Ghetto Boys, there was fucking Willie B. Scarface Bushwick, it was fucking Big Mike, it was fucking three two. It was fucking against the Nip and you know it was it was it was well, you knew. I had a conversation.
Speaker 1: It was fucking slim thug you know, it against the rap to me in the North, in the North, the Boss of the North and a w f the North, nor Big Boss of the North, slim Thuger, slimp Thugger has some dope as albums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh that's that's all I was saying. You know, the opinions of and I feel that the opinions of certain certain consumers and fans as opposed to you know, because then that's gonna be the controversy. Oh how can you not have this? So and still how can you not have this record? But you got this wreck?
Speaker 1: And I think my list is gangster then the motherfucker fifteen DJ Quick Quick as the name, sixteen Snoop Dog, the last meal, sit.
Speaker 3: All you let me acts this, I'll do it, both of y'all. Out of the top fifty Gangster rap records. What did you not consider about CBO not making the top fifty? Oh oh, you said he's fifty two. He had it all, he had like three albums made you as your list go, he ain't gangster enough to make my top fifty.
Speaker 1: Well, see, first of all, I didn't gage must for who the Heart because if it was based off who the artist motherfucker was, that's a different things. You know what a lot of these people personally, a lot of these motherfuckers on here. I ain't saying in bad, but they ain't this to the artist. Be a different list, be a different list.
Speaker 3: I questioned it, Uh, we all want to question your your heart miss authenticity right now, queens. I ain't saying them right, they just saying this is kirs. This is just like like, yeah, we we got questioned your hood is or whatever. We just I'm just asking them, you know, And this is that this is their personal opinion because it's not about your your stripes, and it ate about how many times you got down with the opposition, or if you're crip, if you ever h you know, got into some blood ship or if you're a blood if you ever got into some crip shit we're not. We're not question in that. I'm just asking his opinion because of his top fifty. Why didn't he consider see bowl inside that fifty?
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what, I'm gonna tell you Where I originally had Seaboo Dog, I had the mob Father in there, right, Okay, I originally had the mob Father in there.
Speaker 3: But I originally had that at number forty one. Okay, So what made you thank you? I had to go back and ruder you have as forty one, I got Coolia It Takes a Thief.
Speaker 1: That was a hard ass album. And I just say, to those two albums, I go with the mob Father, not because it's cool, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: What gave me a choice and COOLi, Oh rest in Peace was my people's you know, I would go with my father all day or that one direction going on quality of not quality of music, but not necessarily. Still, yeah, okay, let it. I want to hear this. I want to hear this.
Speaker 1: What on the thing is I'm I'm gonna acknowledge y'all both about something about Coolier Takes It Thief because it sounds like you're a sleeping on homie.
Speaker 3: No, that's not it.
Speaker 1: Never well, let me remind you all about something looking at I'll hurt all you all out, I'll hurt all yo. Let me put my track listen up all right, talk about the county line, the Will's fair office, that don't like, they don't have nothing. What what the fuck did this? She gotta do with gangs bangers? So a motherfucker to have.
Speaker 3: A reality saying then why then why didn't we do a list that says reality. Rap records or street influence record says when you go gangster, niggas is gonna go no way. Toulio's music is more gangster than ce Bowl and it has nothing to do with because he talking about the county line and welfare with.
Speaker 1: A gangster And the album went two times the sales.
Speaker 3: Little latinum because of Gangster's Paradise. Well no, that was on the next album. I'm just saying. I'm just saying, still.
Speaker 1: It takes a thief gangster's paradise on it takes a teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but thank you. When you heard that ship, he'll be thinking, Conny lyone be checking me.
Speaker 1: Actually, hold on, man, I'm a brother, tell you well.
Speaker 3: Need you, We want you to know why you went with it. Takes a thief. Mob five.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm gonna tell you if something gainst his paradise wasn't on, it takes a thief. It is, brother, show you something, Brother, show you something.
Speaker 3: Why can't you just answer the question and stop trying to compare your songs? This is what what made you pick? It takes a thief over the mob Father.
Speaker 1: Because I thought it was a better body of work, Not like that right there. I thought it was overall a bitter place.
Speaker 3: So what just production and publicity and all of that. Oh not just that man right there.
Speaker 1: See, I looked at the broad appeal of it, and the mob Father album was the ship it is. I lost like I ain't gonna say I lost sleep over this ship. But it was hard. I went back and forth up to the last mint over this ship. It was a lot of shit that guy switched out. And I remember them songs.
Speaker 3: My father was one of them.
Speaker 4: Uh, gas chamber for me is up there. Almost almost put up the casket.
Speaker 1: Drops, come on, man, Almost put FBI by my guys from out of Flint, Dayden Family, Dayden Family, Almost put FBI. I feel real strongly about that. That's a great album. Almost put that up in there, and I almost put the almis up in their top authority. That was one of the most some to blaze too. That Michigan Flint had some cold ass gangster shit jumping.
Speaker 3: Let me hear your shit from forty to fifty, From forty.
Speaker 1: To fifty, here you go right here forty brother Ling Shawn, Season of the Sickness. I'll take that forty one Coolio. It takes a thief forty two Spice one self titled forty three Big Mic some serious number forty four do or Die? Picture this number forty five, young jeezy. Let's get a thug motivation one on one forty six but of law, living like Us forty seven scar Faced The World is Yours forty eight Thug Life, Thug Life Volume one.
Speaker 3: Forty nine, Doug Life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Thug Life, Big Psych or a Little liquor, Well lit it on there. Don't blame mama, you can't blame my daddy, Big Psych and all of them.
Speaker 3: I know they were in his favorites then his personal favorites forty I have no disrespect to Thug Life. I never listened to that record. I like that record, I like I never listened to that rac forty nine.
Speaker 1: And y'all might disagree with this, but I thought mag Drad was gangster. Mag Dre's stupid, d doodoo dumb and number fifty mc breeds a new breed eight steal. Half of those I wouldn't say are even gangster rapper. You know what I'm saying, y'all basing everything off of a motherfucker's a cripple blood. No I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're banged by don't they have to be it? So they have.
Speaker 1: In order for you to be against rapper, you have to be a member of an organization. That's what it is in the blood and that's what I swept that, Listen, that's what said that against him. Thereforece coalition.
Speaker 3: He was with the funks from the Crest. Listen. And I can get it, like you know, everybody does against the rapper. Everybody doesn't have cripping and blood and I get that. So the aspect of when you say gangster rat.
Speaker 1: And almost puts juvenile up in that more for the form of the degrees the juvenile in against the rapper, Nah, jay Z, reasonable doul. That's not a lot of records I wanted to put in here. I didn't put in because yes, right there, I didn't put jay Z's reasonable. That's not a gangster rapp, a gangster rapper.
Speaker 3: That's just to me that street ship it is street street ship is different from gangster ship. Still, it's you're different, and I get it. You come from the side where you feel like nigga gangster is a gangster. It don't matter if he claiming the hood. But you can't tell that to niggas who claimed hoods and who are gainst the rapper.
Speaker 1: I understand that. That's why that's what I'm saying. On the West Saw, everybody has their opinion like that. That's their opinion, that's their stances.
Speaker 3: No, even if you go to the East coast, you go to the East coast, they called us gangster rappers.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you. This is Benny Sigel against the rapper. Not to me, his his song should have been on this. I didn't put him in there because I knew you all would be coming with this ship. Right there, right there, Benny Siegel.
Speaker 3: Had water and he was hood. Benny hood is. I thought he was hood. I thought he was hood. What I put him in the category because of seeing how you step in then he would probably make my list for gangster rap records.
Speaker 1: And I thought I could swear all these people gonna hear his gainst the rappers to me and my my humble opinion, And I.
Speaker 3: Didn't have a whole I just crossed streets. It with with with with gangster rappers two different things. I don't know, and a lot of people do that. That's why when you when you can say I thought it takes a thief was more gangster than the mob Father, You're never gonna get that fucking.
Speaker 1: See see not in base minol, because if it was based on the criteria who the hardest motherfucker is the two motherfuckers at the top, the list would have been se Boll and Trade or something.
Speaker 3: But but but the nigga wouldn't have a nigga, wouldn't have second geinst you and Nick and tradey hard as a mother fuck me can ranks, can rhyme like the mother let me rhyme. And you know why it's a difference. And I'm gonna tell you this. You know why.
Speaker 1: You know why I got the East Sidens and their self titled album in there because they both rhyming like a motherfucker. Se Bull was rhyming like a motherfucker on the gas chain brand mob fucker. Everything Seball put out was a one. I'm not saying he wouldn't they one. It was just in my personal opinion.
Speaker 3: Is, come on, take a ride on the fantastic voyage. It's like compare that to a se Bowl song where Sea Bows standing on the block with.
Speaker 1: In fact, still, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 3: That a nigga's riding around on bake wheels and shit and making shit comical, You're never gonna get a nigga to oh you feel me?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: What is Coolio? Oh no?
Speaker 4: What does Coolio say on Gangster's Paradize, Ain't no blooding, ain't no cripping, Ain't no punk ass brother set tripping. He's actually saying I know what he's saying. But it's also like, come.
Speaker 1: On, it was a different see y'all taking it from the stands man, y'all. But he says it on the song still, but the brother is saying that ain't no set tripping going on that day. Brothers have a good time. Niggas ain't just hard twenty four motherfucker siven.
Speaker 3: If if you want, if you if you want to, if you want to give that on the aspect, because Coolio was from the West Coast, he came up with.
Speaker 1: Dub you know, and any damn thing changes on my list.
Speaker 3: But to me, Coolio wasn't crazy once he touched that pop side. I'm not tripping off of that. I'm not finna rap rapped on color blinde. So let me ask you all this. I'm finna rap about having fun par address code and you get me, nigga, we finna be one tune, three four, get yall. You know, nobody's gonna come here as y'all list down.
Speaker 1: I eight Ball and MJG on there, coming up hard. They're not gangster. The album one Gangster.
Speaker 5: That's a gangster album. Bank Robbery, mister Big, that's some street ship. It's some street ship. Yeah, and it's street That's where I'm coming from.
Speaker 1: I got dubbed C. The Shadi is on there, y'all. Don't think Mob Deep murder music, y'all. I think that's gangster shit. I put Mob Deep on my list. I think they're gangster for real, for sure. I mean, and the thing he is, I don't know what product you getting, old boy is the hardest motherfucker's in the world. I don't think about It's just a hard ass out and that shit used to be. You know, they got some pe.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it's a difference of opinion of what motherfucker's gonna say gangster shit is, because if you never came from the gang bang life, you gonna consider anything a nigga talking about pulling a pistol I saw dope, you know whatever whatever to.
Speaker 1: You that niggas is gangster. I want to ask because I don't can't, I don't clean crippled blood, and I think I've done everything damn near every every other motherfucker from other neighborhood don't did except for gang bang. I want to I wanna see something real quick, cold on, real quick, old on. I'm gonna ask the motherfucker that nigga is really from the motherfucker and I know you're really from the soil, but I just want to see all side nigga's opinion, right, it's really from the other A fady, I got you on a Gangster Chronicles live right now. I want to ask you a question, right, I gotta ask you a question. So I'm gonna be doing a whole bunch of customers.
Speaker 3: You know, all this nigga do, man, he all we gotta put is he already gotta do his live call lean some ship when we get to when we get to digging and steals ass. That's what he got the call for backup right quick.
Speaker 1: Hey, when we was kids, dog was all the eighty five six you was doing. I was doing it with you, right, I'm gonna let yeah he did you steal up? He don't be thinking, man, he he just just know. I'm talking about as far as the ship that we be got, you know, like a nigga was selling dope, A nigga.
Speaker 3: Was still wants and still wants to know the difference. Let me know. I'll be check it out. Still wants to know the difference of gang of gang ship and street ship. Is there a difference?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: There you go. We talked about some music. It don't matter if it's music or if it's it's night. Difference between gangster shit and street ship is exactly yeah.
Speaker 1: And then it's still I don't I got If I wasn't went to the Benet Pintry, you'd have been from the set that was so different. But yeah, you nigga bus some niggas up, nigga pistol on your set, acting funny with your money and sit well, get that about this thing your free with nigga was going about.
Speaker 3: It, but you just you just heard him. If I wouldn't have went it a being you would have went, you would have got put on the hood. There's a difference. You aren't you. You know you ain't from the hood. You ain't from the hood. Yeah, you were selling. I know plenty of niggas right now who don't claim shit and still do street ship. I still serve, I still get my whatever, but I'm not going around claiming a particular spot. And we did that. It's a difference between gangster ship and street ship.
Speaker 1: Can I do?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Would have cooked with you if you're the claim to say what I mean by that? You was able to cause tires and line fuck with niggas from the really from different sets. You was able to mingle on going around and not have a uh you know protocol that's be ad to do some he'll back there. If you saw a nigga from another set and then with enemy, it was a little dude. If you were the active live day when you got cracked on that nigga off the dribble and we were doing that, you know long sight. Really they get properly with the gas fum. She went to the brother it's spot they gonna get pomping. But are you not being.
Speaker 3: You wasn't affiliated, so you can still go out there and cop dope and sell and do all that. But when you see a nigga from the other side, you're gonna be like, hey, what's up on me? You're gonna be like, what's up? Man? It ain't gonna be like nigga, this is the who on sight. It's a difference between gangster ship and street ship. I know plenty of niggas who from the streets who have who you so?
Speaker 1: So you crossed that over too these albums too?
Speaker 3: Are Is there difference between street records and gangster records? Do you could sit probably let me ask you this. Would you consider Rick Ross against the rapper? What you what? Thank you? Thank you? What you consider Sea Bowl against the rapper? Is he a gang member? Yeah, it's a difference between games street ship. It's a difference just saying you just put the cripping all up in the Music's Chris about about blood. It's it's it's about the name gangster. Compared to just street shot, we call holimited the album. When the Funks came out, they wouldn't got on.
Speaker 1: Niggas know what it was. Oh well, even because you knew what them niggas as fuck, Well, you know what's there Ragusa than me.
Speaker 3: They didn't give a fuck. They didn't give a fuck nigga. On my first album cover, I had a Nike jacket on. You give me. I didn't have all blue bandannas and whatever. Whatever. It's just because niggas knew I was from Tragnu. That's a gangster rapper. When I went out of town in New York and I went to promo, shit and WOOTI woom, and niggas see us jump out with sweatshirts on and blue khakis and blue Nikes with strings in them. Shit, they go them niggas gangsters. Now, I could have jumped out in some guest jeans and a regular button down and been like, yeah, nigga, I'm from Compton. They'd have been like, oh, yeah, that's the he from the streets. But nah, Now when I'm jumping out nigga with the jury curl nigga and the tea hat on and motherfucking the khakis and the blue converts with pot of blue strings in them. When I walk up in that corporate office, them Nigga's going, that's a Gates the rapper. They're not going that nigga street.
Speaker 1: It's a difference.
Speaker 3: I just could have done figure at a nigga.
Speaker 1: Man, I've been fucking dad became producing all that I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Perfect, perfect, perfect example, perfect example. Coolio from Campton, which you considered Cooliol Gates the rapper.
Speaker 1: I missed before you. I knew he was a rapper.
Speaker 6: I knew he was a count and then I know he messed with the FC in the mass. He did Cogy to rescue. So when you when you put on a Coolio record compared to a Ceball record, who would you say was more gangster?
Speaker 3: Didn't know walk.
Speaker 1: I feel you man Yoga ostracized me. So I ain't got no sea Ball on this business.
Speaker 3: Time to start fucking with him. No, I'm just saying though, just like I just saying, you know, I got the same thing for sore and though because so I got his list, what I will.
Speaker 1: Admit sea Ball probably should have been on this list somewhere. But now do we take one of Scarface's albums off?
Speaker 3: Now, it's just it's to let me tell you what happens with that type of ship? What face.
Speaker 1: That we got scar Face in the gettle that work?
Speaker 3: What happens with Sea Ball? It is because Sea Bowl got it.
Speaker 1: You got eight on that.
Speaker 3: Let's just face it.
Speaker 1: He was an underground rapt ever made it volume teen. I was volume teer against the record. I know he had the one song pistol dude, that was a jack of album nigga I was. He was out the bank it off, putting my lap. Point of the time, I've been checking forum and got the food. Don't get jacking from my That is probably the most gast pistol rip my what? But was this album like, where's the body of work at?
Speaker 3: With no?
Speaker 1: It's called hip hopra it's not a gangster rap out.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, some dudes didn't want the gangster rap title, right. A lot of niggas didn't want it. A lot of niggas didn't want it because, like I said, it was a different time back then. Now you can say you're a gangster. Talk about you from trag New we shot up a gang of niggas and then you get twenty million downloads and shit you give me.
Speaker 1: But back in Argus, it was getting banned not playing videos.
Speaker 3: Yes, people did not like us. You know why should have liked this though?
Speaker 1: Me knowing a lot of rappers, the call theyselve gangsters and some niggas from me even hood, I feel like I was more active than they was when we was.
Speaker 3: Younger, you know what I mean? And I get what you're saying that that still but now you like a oh the look, the fun we get this off from the gard.
Speaker 4: We had.
Speaker 1: I think the way artists like yourself and uh, the artists who did not come out and say what he was from on their record, but niggas we knew where he was from, I think you made more money doing it that way then the way niggas put they set out there. Now, I think you eliminate yourself of making some kind of money was because you're signifying where you're fun of. Back then, I don't think that the major du Lendey seeing out where he was fun by you not signifying word about where where you're from over and over in the song, I think you made more money like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the person made more money like that.
Speaker 4: That's why everybody wore neutral colors for years on the album covers and the videos all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're married and you know I had never met you personally.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't give We thought we knew where he was from.
Speaker 1: You know what, wasn't no puzz they one you so in any other artists that.
Speaker 3: We called him out with a blue cassette tape. Man, My first album on cassette t was.
Speaker 1: A blue the Blue tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I was bang. Man, I'm know you doing. I didn't give a fuck. Sure, but I didn't give a fuck. Nigga. I was gang banged, Central nigga. Nigga Blue Tape, Nigga campt In high school nigga. I had nigga about twenty track new niggas in the video like see shit.
Speaker 1: We was always my aspect of shit, right because that.
Speaker 3: Was shit I was doing already before.
Speaker 1: That's who you were. Yeah, that's who you were.
Speaker 3: That's why it's the difference of being street, because I could have been a nigga who was living in Campting, never gang banging. I still had to skill to write and do music. So I could have just been a nigga just you know, But for the fact that I came up game banging, I started gang banging and from singing the fuck an oppression from being a gang banger and the like a nigg I got the rights about this shit, like because as I saw no way, you know. But like I said, it was plenty of niggas who records that I banged. I didn't consider gangster, just considered the street shit. Fucking like you said, a reasonable doubt. I banged the fuck out that shit. It gave me street vibes, you understand me, nigging the projects, hustling, try to get his money. Can't knock the hustle, you know, politics as usual. You know, it's nigga from the streets. He ain't from no hood, but he from the streets. Well, you know.
Speaker 1: And that was the aspect I took on it. I said, Okay, these as hard albums to me because I never liked soft music. You feel what I'm saying and cooliod shit wasn't the most aggressive in the world. But I feel like he has some jam and ass music on there. It's a lot of great music on this so I was just basing it. I based my list basically off of if there's some street shit. To me, that was some gas and shit because even though I wasn't never no cripp of blood and I don't ever talk about that shit, I did the same shit everybody else.
Speaker 3: I mean, but that's just like, that's like any out of town you know, affiliate who knows about neighborhoods and whatever. You came from Cleveland, you got down with my nigga, and to you, there's no symbolization. You ain't got to have a band, doanner. I don't got one, and I'm still out here doing the same what it was. It's a lot of niggas who come from out of town who set up shop and whatever, grow up whatever. You ain't gotta get put on right you. You ain't got to claim the hood, you get me, But that aspect still is. You consider nigga that nigga street where you can see a nigga pull up jump out of his motherfucking Mercedes and he got a strap on him and he liked nick nigga. That that's gangster shit, right, That's some gangster shit instead of that because you like I don't symbolize with the color aspect, So whether it's gangster or street, but the whole aspect is when you come from the West coast, up and down a little bit over in Arizona and then you go up to Nevada, them niggas is game banging. So when you go gangster rap, they're looking for the niggas. Who oh that nigga was from the sixties, That nigga was from tragnw Oh Sebo was banging up in Sacramento, Garden block shit, brother lynch Hunt. Even though he don't fucking nigga, I chop your fucking cause you're digging your guts. He was cleaning garden blotting black. That's a gangster rapper. Even though niggas go, nigga, what is this aura movie shit? This nigga rapper, He's still considered a gangster rapper because he told nigga, I'm from Garden Block rep. So it's a difference from going or E forty a gangster rapper. No E forty a hustler street nigga, you're getting me. We come from for Lao. We did our thing with it. But E forty ain't telling you, nigga I'm finna go bust on the nigga who got red or blue on.
Speaker 1: You know what it was with me, man, And the reason the reason why I never got into the game banging shit because I had too many other homeboys. And that's one thing I saw because that chick. You know, you gotta remember, I came out to this motherfucker eighty eight eighty nine. It was serious back then, oh definitely, and I saw motherfuckers. I said, Okay, so if I'm over here, I can't be cool with the homies.
Speaker 3: No, oh you can't. You know what I'm saying. So I was like, damn, man, I'm a lot of child from a lot of childhood friends separated because you know, we played from you football together and we all went to the same school until it came time to go to high school. And so now nigga, you going over there, I'm over here. We no longer can be friends, right you from over there?
Speaker 1: And it was like that, man, because I had a whole bunch of casts up from twenties. I was cool with the the motherfucker and they was trying to do the same shit. That's what fun, you know, was us them niggas go over my house. All they was like, man, you mother.
Speaker 3: Would be from the I mean, I expect this to recruit. I don't give fuck the Army, the Navy, any sports team. Nigga. We gang bangers niggas. So how do we sustain and how do we last forever? We can recruit, right, if we gotta recruit. So you out of town ass, nigga, and you done came out of here and now you're on the block with a serving and you know, if we fight a nigga, you fight. You know, whether you came at the football shit and new niggas from all sides, like, nigga, we gonna fight. Oh, come over here with us and then them nigga's gonna be and then one day when you go kick it with the twenties nigga.
Speaker 1: Nigga, you need to be from over here.
Speaker 3: Right, and then you gonna go across. You go across the tracks and got a couple of blood friends and they gonna do the same thing. Nigga, you need to be from with us. It's the nature of the beasts. Nigga is shit. We gonna recruit your country ass, and we gonna call you country loke and you gonna be from the hood, Nigga country, and we'll put your ass. It's a workmen, dickies and overalls, and you're gonna be on the block with us and what niggas come through. Nigga. That's big country right there.
Speaker 1: From the hood, Nigga, Nigga, Man, we was out there doing some every motherfucking things.
Speaker 3: You would have got put on.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 3: We don't give a fuck. You was in the hood with us. A gona be with this nigga living over here playing football. Please, Nigga, you hanging out with us? What they smoke it? Nigga gonna be three niggas just go jump oh your ass. Next thing you know, you're gonna be like, what the fuck are you official?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Still big country nigga track new I wasn't going fun shit. You you good. You're glad niggas respected you to let you like, I want to get a fit because us, Nigga, we would have stuck your big country ass. It'd been like, Nigga, you would have been like, Oh, ain't with you up? What day you going to be in the cave over to the backyard. You're to see the about five six niggas in the backyard. You'd been like, what's up eight niggas? Today is today? Man?
Speaker 1: You know how they got the homiesid boys today? They got the homie from Florida. So cold with that ship one time man, because he liked to go drinking with the motherfucker. See, I knew enough, we gonna go do this and do that. But certain situations, I'm not going over nobody's cribs at the barracters. You in the backyard. He came home, man, I didn't go. He came home his eyes and swollen up. I said, what the fuck happened to you?
Speaker 3: Motherfucker? I want to grab my look. He said, no, oh, nigga's a vicial now nigg motherfucker's bankers. And I'm from the hood, now, nigga, now what? And he was out there putting all kind of I think that motherfucker might have could have been out here like nigga. You could have been big, big country nigga, Nigger country, nigga. For you to play football over the country log beach, insane, nigga ad you and you you was raiders out, wasn't you? I don't play I ain't you had no raiders. You had nothing Raiders nigga over there with Fombi. I had a couple of baseball catch Oh yeah, you don't know, mother for the exactly there, he's an insane. Don't trip you big country insane.
Speaker 1: I still got my Raiders starter jack shit, what man?
Speaker 3: The one thing about it ever, did you ever wear some Steelers? I ain't. I'll see so there it is. No, it wasn't like see that. Whyot he's official insane. He wore he wore Raiders over there, hanging with old.
Speaker 1: Bunch, and I got an old bunch of you know, and I ran with a whole bunch of blood class for a long time over there. But crawl from the mimis of my nigga crawls for by my brother. But like I said, niggas usually it got into the game banging shit because because.
Speaker 3: Usually when you get to when you get to mingling around, and especially when you wouldn't play and sport, because you know, out here nigga, the hood niggas be in the sports like a motherfucker, the youth sports and football and all that shit. So a lot of niggas, you know, the sons, and they shit. I didn't got into pretty plenty of confrontations at youth games over the all mad filiations.
Speaker 1: Shit thinging is all lower youth football out And this motherfucker we was playing, motherfucking not Mona Park. What's the other neighborhood over the motherfuckers to wear the green nig, the green and gold. What's the name of what's the name of the motherfucker's dog. I thought a motherfucker was gonna get the blowing out there that day.
Speaker 3: Dog. It was so thick.
Speaker 1: Dog the only big Bruce said, had his pistol.
Speaker 3: Women.
Speaker 1: It wasn't more. It's serious. It wasn't Mona Park, I forget. And this one motherfucker dog was walking across the motherfucker field looking at me like this, and I swear this motherfucker had a k up under his jacket.
Speaker 3: I looked. I said, man, we was about to get cracking. I have to grab pony. I said, no, said, it's serious. Out of here. Shit up in there, man like I saul like, Just like I said, the gang banging and street ship. So when you consider gangster rap and street affiliated rap, I guess we try to change that narrative, uh to go to you know, we were just spitting reality because we caught a lot of uh, we caught a lot of flack and hard ship for not even Claytman shit Satan. We was gangster rappers. That was the title that you know, the media and people gave us. I never, you know, I'm a gangster rapper. Just like Fownby said, they came out as counts most wanted now for the fact that we were all just local little niggas. Yeah, we all the niggas was claiming track knew over there or gang banging or whatever. So it was no question, never no question about uh, you know where was eight from? Was dubbed from? Where was Snoop or Dazz or corrupt or quick or you get me? Because niggas knew you lived here all your life. Niggas knew you shit a lot of niggas you start off your game bang.
Speaker 1: You just speaking of dazz That was kind of how that you so on? He said, yeah, fuck dazz Fu. I want to ask you that why you put dog Poune on your list? Oh, like I said, I thought the Chronic and Doggy Star are better.
Speaker 3: Than than dog Food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they was just guessed on there though.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought that to me, it is.
Speaker 1: A big album.
Speaker 4: But to me, the other albums were better, and they're on them a lot, and they dazz In Corrupt in particular made those albums.
Speaker 3: And yeo that out of your top fifty, their dog Food album wasn't sufficient enough to you as a top fifty gangster rap record because of their appearances, No, no, no Chronic. So you're saying those to you were better than your presentation of just y'all by y'allselves.
Speaker 4: I felt that the Chronic is better than and Doggy Style are better than dog Food, and so to me, to me when I heard them, that was to me them at their prime as far as those three albums. And then when I also thought that dog Food, I thought the other albums on my list I think are better albums. It doesn't mean I think dog Food's a bad album because it's a great album. I just thought that when I hear them, I don't feel like they're not.
Speaker 1: Included, because they are included.
Speaker 4: They're on two of the highest rited ranked albums on my list. So I never would have thought like dads In Corrupt or not on here, because they are. They're on there multiple times, and they appear and help make those albums classics. They're part of the reason why I love those albums. So I didn't look at it like they're not represented, because they are represented. So I also happen to think that the other albums I named I feel are better than dog Food.
Speaker 3: I thought dog Food was the ship man it is. Yeah, I have dog Food in my top fifty if I had a list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think dog Food. Uh, I just think Man because me and Brown, Actually, you know, I can't remember. Behind the scenes, we were talking about that and he mixed one. What was the other album you mentioned, Brian, I could just think of that shiit nigga don like And I said the dog Brown was just bigger sad than you.
Speaker 3: But you can't see me. I see through you clearly think about what you gonna make me. I ain't not on the way home right then.
Speaker 1: I just remember that Man, that beat us, that beat it incredible.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker shit. Have you ever heard of water? And that's that ship was the ship I was getting paid great fucking psycho lighting nigga that I.
Speaker 1: Ran slipping the slide, big pimping, let's play house all that ship Man. Yeah, some bomb ass pussy all that man, that ship was hard, so looke dash dipper. I didn't sleep on your own boy, I had I liked.
Speaker 3: I like, I keep what you're saying because there was some songs that I could probably but I like the fucking living like Gangsters out from the Doll. That motherfucker dog Pound had some ship dog the dog Pound. I think man dazzn't corrupt man, I said. If if I had a my top fifty, I would definitely have Sea Bowl in there. I would definitely have dog Pound in there. It's it's hard, though, yeah, because you want to like, you don't want disrespect no one, but you want to stay on that you know, that gangster, you know, because like I said, that's the title they gave us. So we don't want to take nothing away from nobody who we feel has a street mentality album, you know, not more or less targeting the gangster shit.
Speaker 1: But well, plus, I mean, I've spent a lot of time with.
Speaker 3: Let me listen. First of all, niggas need to you know, really be able to value criticism. Oh yeah, for sure, our people's opinions of what music meant to them growing up through the life. You get me more fucking on. You know, Souring came from you know, Maryland. You know, he he you know, he really put his you know, his thought and what he felt like to him. You getting me, This ship don't necessarily mean, but I think Brian him or any other motherfucking nigga who doesn't put a list up on these Rolling Stone pages. You know what I'm saying, because I sat and seen some ship like that and was like, oh, these motherfuckers is dumb.
Speaker 1: The fucker that that would definitely say that me and sore As listen is way more official than anyone memory.
Speaker 3: Well, I think because y'all basically we try to touch on not so much of the commercialism of hip hop, you get me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look at it purely for the art.
Speaker 3: When you get with these motherfuckers like the Rolling Stones and the motherfucking and you know, the big play to play advertisements and shit, it's kind of hilarious because some of these motherfuckers don't even be past thirty years old, so for them to be able to judge the history of hip hop, hey fuck it, it's your personal favorite, it's not it's not value as far as law, You get me. It ain't like, oh, fuck it. They put up this list and it's just solidified, like the fucking ten Commandments. You get me, and what we say here is presented the top fifty and niggas. You can't you can't break the combatant if they say this is this fuck it. He just hit the computer in the beg and turned the damn thing about. Yeah, yeah, what luck, Yeah, well we ain't doing the uh the ocean pacifics and shit. You know, I where where them niggas at. Man, they got oceans and clefts and ship behind them.
Speaker 1: It would be nice.
Speaker 3: Like a nigga, what a good this nigga? What streets? Ship them niggas, all the niggas.
Speaker 1: And that's what I want to say to to me, there could be no wrong or no right list because music is such a personal experience, man. I mean yeah, I mean, like I said, because you know, like some of the albums in there, man, like touch my b like, because I could think about whenever I listen to any one of them albums on there, I could think about specific moments in my life right to where I might have been doing something, you know what I mean, whether that's me riding with one of my kids or whatever, or just hanging out one of the homies who may not eat be here no more like uh, and I will say the thug life out of meals and personal shit. For me, Me and Big Psych was really good friends. Cycle was like my brother. Definically we was like that was like my It was a time a to where I swear if I wouldn't hitting Psych Psych was hit me Big still with a dowe baby.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just how it is about me and Scarface and me and Spice, or me and DJ Premier, our personal relationships with my niggas. So I'm gonna be biased when they come to Spice, Scarface, Hit and Gang Starre DJ Premier. You get me. You can't. You can't fight me on that. You get me. So of course you know you got personal relationships. You know, used to be around niggas all the time, so you you valued they motherfucking music being in the studio recordings or so why wouldn't you recognize thug life?
Speaker 1: You feel me? But you know what I got, And I got two of Spice's albums in there. I mean I got the first one and I got one Eddy Siven Proof. I always go almost slipping the self tied one that was.
Speaker 3: Hard as uh. The one eighty seven record was the ship Man, Yeah, spicyes old motherfucker first one one, I mean the second one was the ship too that we did the murder show on he had. He had the motherfucking the song with motherfucking Boss on there and Banks with when.
Speaker 1: That's a great album and I just love especially because.
Speaker 3: With the clip and the trigger screaming like the yelling, come on nigga, and he had.
Speaker 1: The stutter flow on there that was so crazy.
Speaker 3: One eight one at seven and this is that murder, that murder he wrote one man, come on, man. Spikes had some ship on al first album was the Killer, the one eighty seven Proof, the Young Nigga, the in my Neighborhood is it Man Spicy album. His first album was the Shit Spices.
Speaker 1: Gonna hit you with two or three different flows. He hits you with a little study step. I got to get the god to get the going man that ship.
Speaker 3: When the actor has heard that, I said, I'm the crack house, the crack house. They can running out the crack house Nigga. That nigga has some ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, Spicy, it's classic. Spice Pies has some classics, dog. And that's another thing. If you if you're an artist and now on this list, that don't mean that we don't think.
Speaker 3: How Nigga sent us your lists, Ship and anybody. That's our telling Nigga. It's just our opinion. Like I said, we I've done records for thousands of years. Sowing has done interviews and written still has been in the publishing and fucked with motherfuckers, and so we just feel like our opinions we have, you know, not an advantage, but niggas is knowledge.
Speaker 1: You know what I don't like because I'm gonna tell you this. You know who had a cold lass who got classics too? Jail Feelingy. I saw him, you know, Jail was up in there. He said they had project pat twice. I can see Jao right now. I can see him all going on, man, fuck that cud.
Speaker 3: This is the thing, and this is what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: This is the thing.
Speaker 3: When you do a list and the list is coming from significant West Coast representation hip hop, a lot of West Coast artists is gonna probably be a little offended when they go, how can you say gangster rap? Nigga and you ain't gonta know this. You ain't gonna know this, right, Nigga, I'm from San Diego from forties and I'm from path in this and I'm from Long Beach this and Nigga, my records was on point everybody. J Alden the motherfucker dog jay Ao Asid Waller, he has to pity me of gangster ship. That's all I say. You can do records like sharms stick and ship like that, focus on the focus on his own has hood shit. Man. Niggas don't niggas niggas in the hood. Doug at shurance and she got me, Nigga, go Juman's cigarette right now and be on the block high as a motherfucker. You know, it's certain songs that niggas knew. You get me like, oh, this is gonna resonate good with the neighborhood because even though a nigga talking about some dope shit, just like you know how the youngsters do now talk about popping you a perky or fucking whatever. Gang banging ass niggas not all of us, but it was a lot of niggas in the hood were smooking shining. So for somebody who you know, has significantly spoke on West Coast gang culture. You feel me. Of course you're gonna get a job like Nigga Project Pat nigga. I'm from San Diego, nigga forty this nigga. What the fuck? So you don't no disrespect? Like I said, all my comrades Crip's bloods, you know, no disrespect. Still got his opinion. He's a Cleveland native, but he done stomped around this motherfucker long enough to where you know his opinion is his is nigga fuck? You know, same thing with Sowing, you know what I'm saying, Radio shit, numerous interviews, videos, blogs, fucking whatever. He's then met a lot of us as far as it's hitting that way, ain't hitting shown.
Speaker 1: And you know what, man, the thing heels like, especially you know, just going back to jail right for a minute.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think people understand when you're putting these lists together how hard that shit is, because.
Speaker 3: You take, honestly, some niggas might just be just I forgot damn you get it because you really be trying to put your thinking in.
Speaker 1: Thinking. And I'm not gonna lie because I thought about you know, you wreakors I've had about eighty songs. When that motherfucker I was going back and forth, I was like, man, and all this and that, I came up with about seventy seven right off the top of my head, like it was nothing. And then you got to the visions and like I told somebody because somebody said, man, you didn't put master P Ghetto d on there this, And I said, you know what, man, I had the motherfucker their dog.
Speaker 3: But just as that nigga hit me about my nigga threat, like I ain't got deadly thread up there, well.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's what I wasn't gonna do. It's a lot of cast now. When he was doing singles, it'd be a lot of people that got classic songs, right, but they don't necessarily have classic albums. And that's just the other thing too.
Speaker 4: It's like these are when I was looking at the list and I'm coming up with my ideas, these are albums. So if it's got twelve songs, ten songs, eighteen songs, the all eighteen.
Speaker 1: Gotta be of the caliber of the other fifty albums.
Speaker 4: So like when you listen to, you know, music to drive by or the Chronic or death certificate. What songs are you cutting off those to say, oh, these aren't good songs, like you can't do it. Whereas some of the albums that didn't make my list, that might have been in the fifties or the sixties or the seventies, there's three or four songs, some of them maybe five songs where I love ten of them, but these other songs, I'm like, eh, I would miss them. Whereas on my top fifty and the higher you get, there's fewer and fewer instances where man, those three or four songs or we all know, some people be like, man, I only listen to the first half of the album.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't.
Speaker 3: Even when I wrote songs, man, I wasn't thinking about the other crowd. I was thinking about gang banging, niggas in the hood.
Speaker 1: Struggling, right, I never because they were focused.
Speaker 3: I didn't try to you know, Oh fuck it, I'm gonna get the white people, the Chinese, I'm gonna get the mass seekins. Nigga. I'm like nigga whoever struggling, can't get a job and over on the block every night selling got niggas enemy shooting at you. That's who I might music for because I'm Fella.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel you, man. And one thing I was gonna say before I forget on that thud Life album, I had the privilege actually hearing the unedited version because you know, Interscope butchered that album and it was really a short album too. Yeah, I was surprised, No, but they had a lot of songs that was took off of there, Like you gotta remember Spice one was on that motherfucker. They had songs with Spice. They had a whole bunch of shit that wasn't doing that because you gotta remember at that time, Interscope was scared than the motherfucker, right, You had a bunch of shit, Glen, and they was like, hey, oh no this motherfucker man. Sight played me that motherfucker Dog. We's on our way over to Dubai. We's in the plane and I heard the whole motherfucker, like, just all the songs from them sessions. Dog. They asked the dope ass motherfucker songs, Dog. Really, you got to hear a shell of what the album was. Hmm. That's too bad.
Speaker 3: They had some dope ass records.
Speaker 4: I wish I could have heard the real the intended version, intended version, you know what, man, and I had to put all lives on me on that dog.
Speaker 1: I actually went back and revisited that dog. Yeah, I think that should have been one album, to be honest with you. But they had a bunch of dope songs on there. Absolutely, And what was crazy is some of the most banging his songs on that album was really songs that was gonna be for dazz and Corrupt card Mine Made Up? Was Mine?
Speaker 3: Made Up?
Speaker 1: Was a dog Pound song? Makes sense. Dads was just on his ship at that time. Man, Dads is still a very underrated producer. I absolutely well, Like I have said, what would you do? Nothing but the Cavey hit, Dad's got some some hitters.
Speaker 3: Hege you ain't ever gotten the knee with dah Yeah, I've done. I gotta saw, I got a single. Me and Dads did a video and everything. When I was signed, the sony hit the floor. And then I was on Dazzer's album Retaliation, Revenge and get Back. That was a great alt. Him and uh Me, him and Badass got us all together.
Speaker 1: Retaliation, Revenge and get Back.
Speaker 3: The ultimate come up Nigga, Nigga, get out, get in get up, get your money.
Speaker 1: The hold on, man, every whole video is gonna be fucked up.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, Now, get in, get up, get your money. It's the ultimate come up. He'll slinging and banging all my con the fucker groundness, and you might be a doling nigga. Get out, get in, Get up.
Speaker 1: Well, man, I guess suh, that's it. I guess that's the end of the show for the night. We gonna check y'all off next week, man, you know Thanksgiving next week, so we still will have something in store for you special little tree. Were gonna put something together, real special, man, to get you through your holiday and everything else. Man, we out here. Well, that concludes another episode of The Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangst Chronicles podcast For Apple users, find a purple Michael on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangst the Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steel, Aaron m c a Tyler, our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and our audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gainst the Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts