Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, special podcast today because Jeffrey's song of the week is ridiculous. It is so good. I don't want to spoil anything, but I'll just say it's Thanksgiving themed. Any parodied Doja Cat? Yes, you're like one of my favorite songs. Ever, I don't forget. The link for the YouTube video is right below in this podcast. And also you can see all of our new merch merch because we're wearing it in the video. So hey enjoy the show. Shop online at Brookenjeffrey dot com for the merch and you know, happy early Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have an interesting question. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. Would Thanksgiving be better if it was on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Because we get the day off normally, Yeah, but Friday's leftover day. That's like, you know, I think it'd be better on a Wednesday. We get three days.
Speaker 2: Aren't any official planes in the works to actually do that, But according to a new survey, one in four Americans say yes, Thanksgiving should be on a Friday. It doesn't make any sense. We should have it on a Monday. So we get the entire we call yeah, now.
Speaker 1: We're talking yeah, but then like Wednesday night is the most fun night of the year at a party when you go back home and you got all your friends there. Yeah, and then you have to do the family. Think Thursday, and then Friday you get to meet back up with the friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the family think Thursday. You lost me on that, But I am curious how the woman react to the next survey question, which was would you skip Thanksgiving with your family altogether for one thousand dollars? What do you think the percentage of people who said, yes, I'll take the cash is on that? What's a guest?
Speaker 1: Ninety five? Really, I'm giving it this year for free.
Speaker 2: Forty four percent said that they would skip with their family and take the money. And the same question was asked in ninety one. Guess the percentage back then?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, were they? Were we better people in nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 2: Nineteen percent? Back one, you would skip out on family for a thousand bucks. That was before we on social media, though, Yeah, I get to see them constantly. Yeah now I can just like click like on a post. Yeah, yeah, I talked to you.
Speaker 1: And you actually hadn't seen your cousins in three years, you know, like that was the time to do.
Speaker 2: It and The final holiday question from the pole is would you rather spend Thanksgiving at home or have Thanksgiving dinner at the White House?
Speaker 1: That's weird?
Speaker 2: What's up to be interesting? Think of like the best chefs in the world that like the nicest dinner table ever cook.
Speaker 1: How are they going to feel what I unbuttoned the top of my pants at the dinner table because I do that to make sure I could fit it all at present.
Speaker 2: Be asleep by the time. It's the same percentage now as it was in ninety one, sixteen percent. Not a lot of interest in eating at the White.
Speaker 1: House in ninety one is that where we're no.
Speaker 2: Matter who's in the White House doesn't matter. No one really wants to eat there. But now, let's let's go over to the shock collar question of the day and toss it over to the guy I'm most thankful for who actually lives in a white house digital Jake.
Speaker 4: Does Jeff'll never own a house. In the past few weeks, Alexis Fuller has achieved levels of success that defy every law of science and reason.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I went back to her hometown of Mudwater to ask some of her past teachers about her. Missus Davies from seventh grade algebra said, oh, sweet Alexis, I'll never forget when she got embraces caught in the windmill at the mini golf course.
Speaker 1: Trying to make out the windmill.
Speaker 4: Mister Peters from eleventh grade chemistry said, hey, is her mom still single? And her college track coach mister Ford said, Alexis was the smartest person I've ever coached. But I guess that's not a high bar considering I've only ever coached athletes at a school in the Mountain West Conference, the College Conference.
Speaker 1: Burn Wow, actually was the smartest take all.
Speaker 4: Those were ringing endorsements all around, But the only endorsements that really matters is if your three co hosts will bet on or against you. In a special Famous Quotes edition of.
Speaker 2: Three and a half seconds.
Speaker 4: With today, we'll be dissecting some of the most famous quotes in human history that you've definitely heard before, and she has to get them right in the blink of an eye. We're gonna start off with Brook. Your category is.
Speaker 1: Quotes from the Ring from the Lord of the Rings. I don't know, Rut if it's the horror movie. I actually think that she would get it. Right if it was Lord of the Rings. I don't know if she will wrestling from the ring, Yeah, does that count?
Speaker 4: Wrestling?
Speaker 1: Could be yeah, maybe, or maybe it's boxing.
Speaker 2: A diamond's commercial engagement.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like this. She likes hot men and she likes diamonds. I'm gonna say she's gonna get it right.
Speaker 2: It's betting on her.
Speaker 4: Here's the question. This thrilla in Manila once famously said, float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. He was born Wait, I swear, wait, I'm not finished.
Speaker 1: When the starts.
Speaker 4: One time, you answer quick. He was born Cassius Clay, but he's more well known by what name.
Speaker 1: Sting like a big guy's Mohammed a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's world champion boxer Muhammad Alwi.
Speaker 2: Your college track coach was right, smart.
Speaker 4: Look you bet on her. You got it right. You're saying, Jeffrey, You're next. Your category is quotes from the happiest place on Earth on her or against her?
Speaker 2: Man quotes from Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Think she's a big disney person.
Speaker 2: When's the last time that she even went to Disneyland?
Speaker 1: Though she was she was there with her family, paying attention to my life. We even posted the pictures on the Brock and Jeffrey page. She went with her little brother drink.
Speaker 2: You gotta text them to me or I'm never gonna.
Speaker 1: See hold one.
Speaker 2: It would be nice. I'm just saying I don't think she's gonna get this. Oh, I'm saying no to Disneyland quotes.
Speaker 4: Betting against her. Here's your question. Walt Disney is famous for saying many things over the years, including don't charge the hookers, let him in for free. But maybe his most famous thing ever is this. I'll say the first part, you finish it. If you can dream it.
Speaker 1: If you can dream it, you can do it.
Speaker 4: Jeffery, you bet against her, and she got it right. So you're getting shocked no matter what. Today.
Speaker 1: Hey and jeff remember follow at Brook and Jeffrey on Instagram. You'll learn some things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, finally we're on to Jose. Jose your category is quotes from space.
Speaker 2: A lot of talking in space. Yeah, last time I.
Speaker 1: Heard, no, you're up in the space station, you're landing.
Speaker 3: On the moon.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say the only most famous quote that everyone in history knows is from the famous Moon landing. Alexis will never get this wrong because it's like taught to everyone in the world. So very confidently alexi Is gonna get.
Speaker 2: This right, Jake.
Speaker 4: Jose's very confident, so he's betting on Alexis. Here's your question back in Jose's favorite year, that's nineteen sixty nine, American astronauts landed on the Moon for the first time, and when Neil Armstrong stepped onto the lunar surface, he said this now famous quote, you have to finish it. That's one small step per man. One what oh, this is.
Speaker 1: One step for man. It's a giant leap for man.
Speaker 4: Chat the buzzer. I'll give that to the Alexis. You're right, bet on your show. He's safe, only just getting shocked. That was three seconds went on Alexis.
Speaker 2: And I don't teach me for not believing in Alexis and her giant brain. So I'm gonna get sucked and I'm gonna be getting shocked while singing sexy and I know it by all m fao. When I walk in the spot, yeah this is what I see. Okay, everybody stops and they stay right at me.
Speaker 6: I got passion in my pants and ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it.
Speaker 2: I'm sexy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, put him in his place.
Speaker 2: That's your shot, coming question of.
Speaker 3: The day, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: First they came for our toilet paper rolls. Then they shrunk the size of our breakfast cereal boxes. But now they've gone too far, because the latest victim of shrink flation is our beloved Oreo cookies. Angry Oreo fans are saying the cream to cookie ratio has been quietly shrinking for years, and they've now started posting videos and pictures online about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, do you think Nabisco's doing it because of the shrink flation or just because, like, hey, we've seen where you guys are at, and we're just trying to help you out. You know, I'm just gonna try to cut those pustions.
Speaker 2: But yeah, people online they're pulling apart the cookies to show the cream. It's just a tiny little dot in the center of the cookie.
Speaker 1: What about double stuff? Can you get double stuff?
Speaker 2: Double stuff is how you get like a normal cookie. Now an online it's being called cookie gate. Yeah, people are saying, you want to get that regular amount of cream, you have to buy double stuffed or there's no other way. You're just gonna get all cookies, but then.
Speaker 1: The double stuff don't always come in all the cool flavors.
Speaker 2: Brook, you're a known cookie monster on a scale of wonder time. How boiling with rage are you right now?
Speaker 1: I just can't contain myself. I'm easily a twelve.
Speaker 2: A twelve, Yeah, that makes sense, which is why this January sixth, the Brook has organized an event Carl Stop the Shrink, and she's asking all cookie loving Americans to storm the Nobisco headquarter back of the cream.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to Jeff.
Speaker 2: I think personally she's going a little hard with it, but I do get the sentiment. You can come for our sugar smacks, but keep your hands off of our cookies.
Speaker 1: Hey no, just let the cookies be. Man.
Speaker 2: We will not rest till our cookies have enough cream in them.
Speaker 4: If you say the word, I will storm for you.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna buy the double stuff.
Speaker 2: Guys, We're gonna do more with laser stories right after this. It's the radio segment that's turning the roadside service industry on. It's ear really, instead of triple A, he's just doing a where for nineteen dollars a year a dude'll drive out to your broken down vehicle and won't help. He'll just say he feels really bad for you and then peel out. So sign up for a You just put in the code word Laser Stories for a special, one.
Speaker 1: Time discounted pity.
Speaker 2: It's Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser. Those other clunker kickers just don't. This first laser story is out of Indianapolis. A few days ago, thirty four year old guy sauntered into a cage jeweler's, put some rings and necklaces into his pocket, and then ran out without pain. Hey, nobody got time for which is not allowed out. No, I should say that the cops were called and the man got into a high speed chase with a few police cruisers. During the pursuit, they could see him waving his hand out the window and trying to signal them, but they couldn't tell what he was saying. Oh so in the end, officers eventually were able to box him in and arrested him.
Speaker 1: So what was he trying to tell the officers?
Speaker 2: Well, what was he trying to yell out the window. Once he was in custody, he told authorities he was trying to explain that they weren't supposed to keep chasing him. He went on to say that he knew some police departments have policies where cops are supposed to call off a high speed chase if it gets too dangerous. Banking, I'm hoping that that was going to be his main getaway plan.
Speaker 1: Somebody on the internet told me that this would work.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, I almost hit a person back there, and you're gonna keep chasing me.
Speaker 1: Do you think that there's an algorithm for crime hacks?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, instead of like how to get the most toothpaste out of the tape, they're like how to get out of a high speed chase?
Speaker 2: Or Yeah, a good way to actually catch people if they follow that algorithm. But he is now facing a long list of charges, including theft, resisting arrest, reckless driving, and driving without a license.
Speaker 1: And his mom isn't going to get anything for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Thing it goes without saying the best criminals are the ones who think they know more about the law than the actual cops. I love those ones. This next Lazer stories out of stale pizza, flat beer, but smiling ear to ear HQ.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been here a lot and I can smell it if you haven't.
Speaker 2: Heard, The Pizza Entertainment Fun Palace a ka Chuck E Cheese is removing all of their animatronics.
Speaker 1: Creepy now, but they were creepy even in the eighties, the Lexus, they were never not creepy.
Speaker 2: In the point I had my first kiss with one of those, as iconic as they are, it was a yeah, the pizza guy, Yeah, the kid. Shane is completely overhauling its image three weeks after the release of the highly successful film Five Nights at Freddy's. It's a horror movie that's based on a popular video game, which follows a security guard who has to survive five nights in a Chucky Cheese inspired restaurant while animatronic characters come alive and try to kill the.
Speaker 1: Previous gave me nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very scary game. So now the real Chucky Cheese has decided to remove all animatrons because they don't want to frighten children. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like how it took them forty years to realize they were scaring.
Speaker 2: The kids, and now that band that played for countless children's birthday parties over the years will officially be no more.
Speaker 1: My kids will never see them.
Speaker 2: The company said in a statement that they are giving the chain a totally modern upgrade and experience for guests of all ages. But if you're a Chuck E Cheese purist, there will be one single location where you'll still be able to see the animatronic band. It's in my hometown, Northridge, California.
Speaker 1: Jeff, let's hear your next birthday party there.
Speaker 2: That'll be the home of the Singing Mouse with all of his animatronic vase.
Speaker 1: When this radio show doesn't work out, maybe you can be their featured singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just don't go in after dark when it's closed, because you just never know. Yeah, this next lazer stories out of the friendly skies. Dear Delta United Southwest and every other major airline, please make a big mistake like this, because I need to buy my tickets home for the holidays soon. I say that because an airline in China called China Southern had to scramble last week after they accidentally started selling tickets for as low as a dollar thirty seven.
Speaker 1: No wait, accidentally.
Speaker 2: It was a glitch in their app that extended to several ticket booking platforms as well, and so they were priced between a dollar thirty seven and four dollars in twelve cents. That was the highest ticket. Oh my god, and a bunch of people scooped them up.
Speaker 7: Whoa.
Speaker 1: You know, if they did that in the States, they'd still make you pay the difference. Yeah, it's just like when they accidentally put a million dollars in your bank account and then you can't.
Speaker 4: Keep it.
Speaker 8: Give it back.
Speaker 2: So it's not exactly clear how many tickets sold at that price, but word quickly started to spread online and they didn't fix the glitch for two hours.
Speaker 4: Jump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody's in trouble.
Speaker 2: So clearly more than just a few tickets were sold. And this same type of thing happened actually a few months ago to an airline in Japan, and all of those tickets got canceled.
Speaker 1: Oh they did.
Speaker 2: You'd see, you'd think the same thing would happen this time, but nope. China Southern put out a statement saying the tickets are all valid and passengers can use them like they normally wore.
Speaker 9: So cool.
Speaker 1: They didn't say that they're gonna be sitting with the suitcases underneath. You know, worry about that later on.
Speaker 2: This next Laser stories out of Social Gathering Central. If you want more people at your holiday party, really push the idea that you'll have lots of food, especially sweets, because in a recent poll, forty eight percent of Americans say they've gone to a party before just for the desserts.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, you know which friends are the best cooks too. You're like, oh, I'll go to your house.
Speaker 2: The Pole also looked at the most popular holiday flavors, and pumpkins spice made the list, but it might not be as popular as you'd think. It's only ranked fifth. Gingerbread is our favorite.
Speaker 1: Holiday Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Then salted caramel, peppermint, maple, pumpkin spices fifth. Then chai, cinnamon and bourbon tasty fun.
Speaker 1: Give me more bourbon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like bourbon balls or just three straight shots of jack. Some other quick stats. The average person this is the average person, Okay, well, twenty six cookies over the holidays, twenty five pieces of candy, thirteen slices of cake, twelve pieces of pie, thirteen brownies, and another thirteen cupcakes.
Speaker 1: Em there's more cake and pie.
Speaker 3: Cake.
Speaker 2: She makes cakes?
Speaker 1: Does she?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: She a cake lady out of nowhere?
Speaker 5: Like you wake up the next morning and there's a hole sheet cake made on the counter for no reason.
Speaker 1: I was just craving a cake.
Speaker 2: Plus, close to fifty percent of us have hidden holiday suits to prevent family members from stealing them.
Speaker 1: Duh, that's so true.
Speaker 2: The most common hiding spots are behind other stuff in the kitchen cabinet.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I saw a parrot hack where they were hiding them inside like vegetable bags, you know, frozen vegetable bags.
Speaker 2: Usually they're hidden in a cupboard that doesn't normally have food in it, but the second place where no one would ever check. Kids close your ears, don't listen. They're listening to the bathroom cabinet.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird to keep I mean, I know that I enjoy a you know, a quick bite on the toilet. Ever to store it in there feels a little dirty.
Speaker 2: I know, this guy's not hiding the sweets. It's totally exposed and out in the open. In fact, you're taking a sign off of it, saying, come one, come on, festive stop for the holidays has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again at the same time.
Speaker 3: On Wednesday, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is your final reminder. Take your last hot selfies of the year now before your body is ruined by cramming your face with pounds upon pounds of delicious holiday food. Yeah, because yes, Eating Season is coming down the pike, and we're gonna celebrate that by undoing the top button on all of our pants and playing a game guaranteed to clog your arteries and stop your hearts in the good way.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we're not just taking our pants off trying to.
Speaker 2: Have a little bit of decency. Still, we're gonna do it in a brand new edition of Riffing Around. Yes, a special Eating Season version of the game that tests your musical knowledge and asks are you smarter than a radio DJ?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Probably, but now you can actually prove it when we play Riffing Around. Coming up? Do you smell that either Brooks got another butt in the Dutch oven or it's time for a fresh baked edition of Around Around where I play the instrumental of a famous song in my co host apparently take off their clothes and then they show their complete lack of musical knowledge by trying to guess the tune. And because Thanksgiving is right around the corner, all of today's songs have foods in the title. No, they're not all necessarily Thanksgiving foods, but they are foods, I can assure you. Okay, okay, And Jose obviously has the advantage as the resident foodie of the show. But Brook, this could be right up your alley.
Speaker 1: I'm as I consider myself a foodie.
Speaker 2: But we're going to start with a girl who uses a cooked turkey as her reference for the ideal spray tan Alexis. Name this food theme song the title the correct title?
Speaker 3: No, what is it?
Speaker 1: Call?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, A guess can't go through all the lyrics here? Three?
Speaker 8: Two, one?
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to if you can come on, need guess, I don't have Brook check by the Ocean by. I couldn't think of the lyrics. All right, I'm diabetics, so I'm we're onto you. Your reputation as a mother is on the line if you fail to correctly identify this food themed song. It's a classic.
Speaker 4: High in Oh she got one of the works in the title is.
Speaker 2: Stealing.
Speaker 1: It's the beginning of the song, the beginning.
Speaker 2: We're subtracting a point from Brook for arguing about jose can you steal it? I'm gonna go with wrong. The correct answer was American Pie by Don McLean.
Speaker 3: Miss Avery.
Speaker 1: Tracked a point because you made a poor musical.
Speaker 2: Chative to We're trying to set an all new records. You and I may win just because we're on to joy. All those nights watching food videos on the toilet. It would have paid off if you can.
Speaker 5: Guess like tacos or Chinese dumplings.
Speaker 2: Let's see you can get this song changing.
Speaker 1: This isn't a family.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, Joy is gonna get by Justin Bieber. That's one of Josey's favorite.
Speaker 1: I love this song.
Speaker 2: We're on to the second round here. The score is Alexis zero. Jose's in the lead with one Brooke taking up the rear with the negative.
Speaker 1: I was up one.
Speaker 2: Aude does not fly back to Alexis. Alexis, please name this food theme song.
Speaker 10: Sugar Yeah.
Speaker 1: Style.
Speaker 5: I haven't written down already.
Speaker 1: That song in two notes.
Speaker 2: I thought it only has to be the hook of the songs Chance to Redeem yourself I will double your points here if you can correctly guess this food theme song, a very popular song all over the world.
Speaker 1: That's not it.
Speaker 2: Surprisingly, I'm gonna go with u.
Speaker 1: Key legs steal it. I don't know, No, it's not that sounds like.
Speaker 2: Got it, got it fruits wrong? Okay, take it is butter butter butter b t s of course.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Jose jumps into soul control of the lead with two correct and again I'm gonna give you double points because this one's tough. If you can correctly guess this song.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, dance too much in the pants dances.
Speaker 2: What's it called? What's it called?
Speaker 6: Peanut butter jelly time?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Jose, I heard that?
Speaker 1: So long.
Speaker 2: You're four correct, Alexis says one. Brook still negative to that. Let's got it in final round and this one we're gonna mix it up a little bit. Not looking for the song with food, but the artist who's associated with food, I mean the artist that's associated Also for the third time, artist is associated with food. Here we go, Alexis, name the artist that sings this famous song.
Speaker 11: Oh, I guess.
Speaker 1: I just sighed, That's all I did.
Speaker 2: I just side Brooke insert disparaging comment here named this song? You know no name the song name. The artist who sings this song.
Speaker 1: The Cranberries.
Speaker 2: It was too easy for She gets one correct, bringing her on that one back down to negative. Then the question and you lost it all right? What double negative two?
Speaker 1: It's like negative four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean negative two is actually generous. Jose to take it home million. The artist who sings this song, oh Don Gray, Jose ten pois Jose. And the winner of Ripping Around Thanksgiving edition is Jose Bolano. Yeah, I want to ride around in the gravy boat. I'm jeff row rowro Your throat to bot bone tap is coming up right.
Speaker 3: After this, freaking Jeffrey in the morning time for a game we call.
Speaker 2: Just the Tap or phone tap, And today we call a woman in an office of about forty people, and she's been complaining to her best friend lately that corporate that oversees the company keeps changing policies and rules and it's really hard to keep up with. And she's even said she's thinking about looking for another job because of it. Man, But before that happens, Brooke is going to reach out with one final change, and you need to text in at seven eighty five, nine to two, and tell us if you think Brook takes it a little bit too far at the end. That's what our producer said. He looked at it, but give us feedback. It's your phone tap right now.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Stacy, Yeah, this is Yeah, this is Ellen de Borgberg from corporate. Oh.
Speaker 12: Hi, how's it going.
Speaker 1: I'm well, I'm calling in regards to the memo we sent out regarding the position and title changes that are happening within your office.
Speaker 12: Oh, I'm sorry, I don't think I've seen anything. Let me just check my stamp folder real quick and just see I that's odd. Yeah, and I'm so sorry I'm not seeing anything.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll need you to email this because you're going to be the one disseminating this information. I'll just tell you the names and then you shoot it out.
Speaker 12: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 12: Yep, I'm ready.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 7: Well, starting tomorrow, Paul's going to be reporting to mary Anne, Marianne is going to be reporting to Tammy.
Speaker 1: And now tell me is going to be reporting to Richard. Hopefully that will help the strategic optimization.
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm sorry, can you go a little short. I'm trying to type to.
Speaker 1: Keep up, but you're going to need to be typing a little faster than that if you're going to be working here.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, So Paul is going to be reporting to who mary Anne?
Speaker 1: Marianne's reporting to Tammy, and Tammy's going to be reporting to Richard.
Speaker 12: I'm so sorry. I don't I don't know who any of these people are.
Speaker 8: We don't have a.
Speaker 12: Paul Marianne, to Tammy or Richard.
Speaker 13: In our office.
Speaker 1: Are you new?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 12: I've been here for three years.
Speaker 7: Okay, well I just need to ask this. Please don't take offense. Is this an anti social thing? Like you don't like your co so you don't know them?
Speaker 12: I just honestly don't recognize any of those names, Like those people just don't work here. This is tactics, right, No, I'm sorry, I don't know what that is. Is that a company?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Shoot, we manage a few different companies. I must have dialed the wrong one. Oh good thing. This wasn't a call about firing, am I?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Okay, well that makes a lot more sense. I was, you know, like, who are these people?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 7: Actually, I don't have time to chit chat.
Speaker 1: I've got another call to make.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, Hi, Stacy.
Speaker 7: I meant to call you back a few minutes ago, but just had a little rendezvous with my husband in the office and well, let's just say, papers got mixed up.
Speaker 1: My desk is a wreck. Wink.
Speaker 12: Okay, can I can I help you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, I have the correct reorg list for your office, So just let me know when you're ready and I can tell your employees.
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: Paul is going to report to mary Anne, Marianne is going to report to Tammy, and Tammy is going to be reporting to Richard. Wait, am I going too fast for you again?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 12: No, those are just names of people that don't work here. That's the same list you gave me before.
Speaker 13: Really, yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Did you really mean to call me?
Speaker 8: Or I mean?
Speaker 12: This is this is odd?
Speaker 7: All right, here's the real deal.
Speaker 1: I don't really work at corporate.
Speaker 12: What do you mean caught me?
Speaker 1: I'm actually unemployed right now.
Speaker 7: And I guess I had a plan to impress you by reading off a bunch of names and hoping you'd say, wow, she sounds on top of things. Yeah, And then we'd work together and become best friends and go out to grab coffee and croissants.
Speaker 8: This is this is really weird.
Speaker 7: It would be right. Oh and then on weekends we'd hit up different wine bars looking to pick up lonely men. Just you, Me and your friend Amy the trace a megas. Wait doesn't that sound fun?
Speaker 12: You know Amy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's the one that set you up for this prank phone call. This is actually brug from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We're doing a phone tap on you. I thought you were excited you just met your new best friend.
Speaker 7: I mean you Amy, a couple of soft lonks.
Speaker 1: You do sound fun?
Speaker 7: We could live together.
Speaker 12: You're not serious though, right.
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I have the best It's wine o'clock sign.
Speaker 2: You'll love it.
Speaker 12: I'll put it up in our bedroom, our bedroom.
Speaker 4: You, me and my husban.
Speaker 13: Okay, wow, wake.
Speaker 3: Up every morning with taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: If you look online, there are a million different tips and tricks that are supposed to help guys who want to pick up ladies out in public.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many times I've searched for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all need it sometimes, Like maybe you're supposed to do a cool magic trick to sort of.
Speaker 1: Diamond ring.
Speaker 2: Just go how is amvolla? My pants have disappeared?
Speaker 1: Actually take my ring instead.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners says that he got his dating pickup advice and inspiration by watching one video online and actually went out and tried it. Huh what did he do? You're gonna hear it in your brand new second date updates coming right after this second date up date. What do you do if you've been single for the last few years, You've been on over a dozen dates on a dozen different dating apps, and absolutely nothing has stuck. Oh, you'd have to actually leave your house in order for that to count. As you could become a monk and take a vow of celibacy to make it seem like it was all your idea the whole time.
Speaker 1: They like some of those places, beautiful views.
Speaker 2: All virgins up there. Or you could do the most frightening thing in the world, like our listener Rob did, and meet someone in real life. People don't actually do that anymore. Actually, you scare me. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: That's exciting that, you know. I feel like we've heard a couple of these stories lately. Maybe people are going back to this trend.
Speaker 2: It's either exciting in a real low moment in your life. So which one?
Speaker 8: No, I'm like you said, I'm just completely done with the apps, like no one ever wants to meet up. It's just a waste of my time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what'd you do to meet somebody in person? What was your trick?
Speaker 8: Well, normally how I would try to meet someone, I'd be like, if you know you were a vegetable, you'd be a cute cumber. Oh line, And I'll say that on a dating app and stuff. And I mean, sometimes it'll work, they'll respond to me, and sometimes it just it just won't.
Speaker 2: It's pretty not just like jokes.
Speaker 3: Like bad jokes.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cheesy. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Or maybe that was a little bit too high brow that they don't understand cute cumber. Yeah, I mean it's like vegetables and cute old ones.
Speaker 8: Another one that I've tried before that sometimes works. Excuse me, you seem to have dropped something. Oh oh, it's your standards. Can I buy you a drink?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like that to yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm starting to feel like it's not the app's fault that you're not meeting a lot of people.
Speaker 2: It's the wrong girl.
Speaker 4: You need a girl who's like loves that silly stuff.
Speaker 8: Brother, that's what I'm hoping to find here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So you said that's what you used to do. Those were your old strategies. Do you mean that you have like a new thing that you were trying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I found this video online and there was this guy who said that there's just one like super simple trick that you have to do.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, everybody listening right this time.
Speaker 8: So you're at like a bar or something. You walk like right next to her, and then you lean over the bartender and you just say, I'll have an old fashion she'll have a rainbow lemon drop, and then just say put it on my tab and then just walk away.
Speaker 3: Wait, she's like, you.
Speaker 1: Drink in a gross free drink. Yeah, Like you get a good old fashion and she gets a rainbow lemon drop.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's just any drink, right, Like, you don't always have to.
Speaker 2: Be Yeah, you don't have to stick with the rainbow lemons. Off just like some sort of free drink for her. I'm getting something for me, put it on my tab, and then you walk away.
Speaker 1: Wait, and you think she wants to date ux you bought her free drink. No, but it's a mystery, so you're gonna follow him to find out who he is. No, that's the best part, not having to talk to the guy.
Speaker 3: Who you drink. Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, the guy in the video said that I'm just like you said. It kind of creates a mystery. You know, She's like, she's just gonna start thinking about you and thinking about you.
Speaker 2: Different than most guys that buy people drinks, because most guys will do it and then stick around and be like, all right, I bought you something, now you owe me like ten minutes of time. So did you do this out in the real world?
Speaker 8: So I actually just tried it the other night and it works.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 8: Okay, your name was Camilla, Camilla.
Speaker 1: How long did it take for Camilla to get the drink and go find you?
Speaker 8: Literally five minutes? Like she had not finished the drink. She had it in her hand when she walked up to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow, Well, every time she looks down at the drink, she's thinking of you, Well, you must be.
Speaker 11: Pretty attractive, because she wouldn't's not attractive.
Speaker 1: Like Jeff said, it's so nice not to owe anybody anything, yeah, or something, you know, like it's such a relief, probably to her.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it has anything to do with attractiveness. It's just like the mystery of it. Yeah, it's like a It's like an ugly guy gave you a drink and then walked away.
Speaker 1: You'd probably be like, huh, I wouldn't go talk to him.
Speaker 2: No, yeah I was, but but it worked for Rob. So how long did you guys talk?
Speaker 8: We were talking for like maybe ten minutes or so. She said she was waiting for a friend, so when her friend came, she did have to leave. But oh, okay, so she was just I did give her or she gave me my number? Oh she gave me her number?
Speaker 2: Yeah scary if she gave you your number.
Speaker 8: Number and I text her and she like replied right then just like got it. So I know she didn't give me a fake number.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, wait, did you guys go on on a date?
Speaker 8: I have not heard from her. I tried to see her. They tried to cut something up and I've got nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so the guy in the video on YouTube that you watch, he didn't have any phones.
Speaker 8: There was no part too.
Speaker 2: No, yes, but a tech minute conversation is basically like a long term relationship in the modern dating world. You'd been together for a very long time. Yeah, but I guess we should ask do we know one hundred percent that this Camilla girl was single?
Speaker 1: Oh, that is a risk in this one, because you buy him a drink before you hit on, you know, before you.
Speaker 4: Talk to us.
Speaker 8: True, I mean that is straight out ask her. But she was definitely like leaning into it. I feel like I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: But if she if she was in a relationship, she probably wouldn't have like walked across and tracked you down, like struck up a conversation and her friend was there. How long has it been since that bar interaction?
Speaker 8: About four days now.
Speaker 1: Okay, not that long? How many texts have you sent?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: Possibly like five or six.
Speaker 1: On the line of maybe too many?
Speaker 2: But yeah, maybe she's gaming you back. Maybe this is like a girl strategy to pick the guy back up after you pick her up. But we'll find out. We'll come back though, because he'll call a radio stations all according to and then we come back and call Camilla try and get you your second date update.
Speaker 9: Right after this second date update, welcome my friends to today's special edition of How to Seduce a Beautiful Woman Without speaking a word to her.
Speaker 2: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Bedroom. Today's pickup strategy comes from our listener Rob, who tried something that he found in an online video where if you're.
Speaker 1: At a bar with that voice and when you say online it sounds like something we shouldn't be taking.
Speaker 2: It's not like that, but you just you go up next to the woman that you like. You don't talk to her, just order yourself a drink, then, without asking, order her a drink and simply smile and walk away. Let the mystery do the work for you. Yes, And that was different from Rob's previous strategy, which was to basically use cheesy pickup lines like if you were a vegetable, I'd say you were a cute cumber.
Speaker 1: We started talking to Rob and he's like, yeah, it didn't work for twelve years. Yeah, twelve years of the same fing.
Speaker 2: He decided to try something different and it worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of I'll approached him and they talked for ten minutes. She didn't give her a number, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's not calling him back. But overall, I mean after learning that move, Rob, do you feel like you're more confident in yourself?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I think I do. The fact that she walked up to me, like, that's just crazy.
Speaker 2: You think she's a psychopath.
Speaker 1: You're saying, I think crazy in a good way to okay, good not crazy in a bad.
Speaker 2: Way, crazy in love? Like, yeah, okay, we're gonna call her right now. And remember, Rob, wait till we call you in in order to jump on. Okay, We've got a lot of people just springing on the line without permission, So have some self control over there, got it?
Speaker 1: He really feels like a wild card.
Speaker 2: Jeff All right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey is this Camilla?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 11: It is who.
Speaker 2: We're a radio station called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Camilla.
Speaker 11: Okay, how can I how can I help you?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you went out with a guy who listens to our show.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd say that, I would say, you met a guy at a bar who listens to our show.
Speaker 2: His name is Rob, and you guys met like four nights ago.
Speaker 8: Ish.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, yeah, no, I I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Well Rob, he bought you a drink and you guys ended up talking for a few minutes until your friend got there, and he knows it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't like a lot of time together, but you know, he was impressed by who you were.
Speaker 2: We're just wondering what were your thoughts about Rob?
Speaker 11: He was he was nice.
Speaker 1: Uh, Okay.
Speaker 2: We always have a bad reaction when the only thing that they say is nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First, I just want to hear, like when he went up to the bar and he bought you a drink without saying anything, what was going through your head?
Speaker 11: Honestly, I've never had something like that happen to me before, so it was kind of just like, well, he was a little timid about it at first, so I didn't honestly know fully if he was talking to me or about me at first. But then there really was no one else around us, and he just walked away and there was a drink there for me, So I was I was intrigued.
Speaker 12: I was confused, but I was intrigued.
Speaker 2: How we wanted you to feel that worked?
Speaker 1: So what's crazy is it came across as timid to you, not as like uber confidence.
Speaker 3: Off.
Speaker 4: I was like the trick.
Speaker 2: Maybe he should have done like the Superman pose when he ordered it, like I shall have an old fashioned and she shall have a lemon drop with that help.
Speaker 11: Uh no, I probably would not have gotten the conversation out of me from that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not bad what he did.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're confused. Why you're not responding?
Speaker 11: Well, okay, so I was there waiting for my friend and he told us that. Okay, so when she got there, we left, We went and did our own thing.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 11: But you know how I said I had never had someone do something like that before. I can't say that anymore, obviously because of Rob. But I would also have like three more Nichols if I said I had a nickel every time that's happened to me.
Speaker 2: Since, what what do you mean you got?
Speaker 1: I think she means that other people did that for her.
Speaker 11: The same night, the same exact night, these two other guys came up and did the exact same thing.
Speaker 8: To us, both me and my friend.
Speaker 2: They stole Rob's move. They probably saw do that across the bar and oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a different bar. Did you But did you go talk to the other two guys? I mean you only went and talked to Rob right.
Speaker 11: Well, the second guy that did it. I was like, where is this coming from?
Speaker 10: Because obviously I'm not saying that Rob is not possibly a trendsetter in his own circles of life, but I don't think I would.
Speaker 11: Be giving him credit for it.
Speaker 2: If I had to guess, doesn't seem answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: He he literally pulled it up on his phone and showed me this like Instagram reel.
Speaker 1: So another guy ruined it for our guy because if if you hadn't known that, if that hadn't happened, would you have contacted Rob? I mean maybe?
Speaker 2: But I was just playing, Okay, we can work with maybe, and I think Rob can probably work with maybe two because he just might be on the other line right now, listening and wanting to talk to you, Camilla, quick nonchalant Bro, Rob you there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm here, and look, Camilla, I am. I'm honestly embarrassed. I'm sorry I did. I saw it on a TikTok video. I was just nervous and like you were really pretty. I just kind of wanted to see if it work.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but like how many girls did you try that on?
Speaker 8: It was just you. You were the first one and I got your number and I was so happy, and I'm sorry, that's cute.
Speaker 11: I don't know, I feel like I feel like some red flags are popping.
Speaker 2: Up on my radar here, like what you feel like Rob's a player?
Speaker 1: Like that wasn't sincere? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 11: At first, you think, Okay, this guy's buying me a drink and seems nice and seems cool, and then you find out that it's just some dumb guy on YouTube or TikTok or instant whatever, being like this is so you pick up jukes.
Speaker 1: That was a really good impression. And I've never even seen the video.
Speaker 2: I want you to do these videos.
Speaker 8: I do follow that guy though, yod I did see you across the bar though, and like I chose you. I thought you were so cute for a distance, and when I got to you, like if you were a vegetable, you'd be a cutecumber or something.
Speaker 11: Wait did you oh my yeah, no, no, no, that that was funny, like that that's way more you than then the lemon drop.
Speaker 9: That's how you should that's how you should have.
Speaker 1: Come up to me.
Speaker 8: It seems like you dropped something just now because oh wait, it's your standard.
Speaker 9: Where where was this guy?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 2: Where was this guy?
Speaker 1: This is definitely him?
Speaker 8: Wow, I guess I'm just a thief because I'm here to steal your heart.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, okay.
Speaker 11: Wait, wait a minute, you might be taking it too far.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone can take any more of this conversation. I think we just need to offer to send you guys out on another date that we would pay for. If you don't do what, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Marry this man you can have, it'll just become like the cutest couple we've ever.
Speaker 2: Had on the show, A cucumber couple.
Speaker 8: God, that's my that's I'm I'm I'm fattening that.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's all wrong original. You would like to send you out on another date with Rob or I guess on your first official date with Rob.
Speaker 11: If you're up for it, you promise not to just try to buy me a lemon drop and be all mysterious.
Speaker 8: I can't promise that I won't say some more cheesy lines, but I will I won't get you a lemon drop.
Speaker 1: Okay, he'll be himself. That's so sweet, perfect I am.
Speaker 11: I am not lactose in tolerant. I want to all the cheese.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 8: I love that. God, yeah it was it was guda.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I can't get off the phone with you fast enough. We're so happy for it. Congratulations. Please keep us updated, but only through email.
Speaker 3: Please faking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how weird was that?
Speaker 3: I thought it was so cute.
Speaker 2: You thought it was weird? Well, just that it works?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I just thought like it was just proof that he should have just been himself in the beginning and it all would have been so much better.
Speaker 2: But the hardest part about the call is like we couldn't say anything to blow his cover.
Speaker 1: Oh about the one like that he just came up with that one line on the side because.
Speaker 2: In part one he said that those are the cheesy lines about the cucumber. Those used to be his go to before he tried.
Speaker 1: I mean, why would we call him out on that?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there was just no way to bring it out harmless exactly, Like we weren't going to blow up his spot. But It's just crazy that the old stuff worked on this new girl.
Speaker 1: Before the next day, I can tell you right now he is ferociously googling new pickup lines to come.
Speaker 2: Up with Yeah, as cheesy as they can go, because she loved it. Maybe the key is he was doing them over text and DMS and those types of things only work in person.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe, and I think I'm going to go back to just be yourself.
Speaker 2: But sure yea yeah, I'm like, don't steal other people's jokes. Ok try and be as original as you can. I think that's the lesson that we learned. And another lesson that you learned is you can always email us for help with your dating life.
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the biggest regrets I have in my life happened when I was growing up in LA as a young up and coming raw music talent, Jeffrey, is that you're like, that was what I called myself. I had it on my little card, has.
Speaker 1: Such emphasis on raw when you said that very raw.
Speaker 2: But somehow I managed to book an audition for the Mickey Mouse Club.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: That was so excited. But on the way over to the studio, the unthinkable happened. My family stretch limo broke down. We had to call in our backup stretch. Hummer, how embarrassing, Jeff, that broke down too, the.
Speaker 1: Whole thing or just the hot tub.
Speaker 2: In the back, just the jacuzzi. Par so that was no good And what did we have to do? We had to call our family friend mister T to pull the limo by hand down the freeway to see all the way to Disney h Q, where I arrived five minutes too late. Missed my chance and the role went to some Tennessee kid named Justin Timberlin.
Speaker 1: But you know what, but he still doesn't have mister T on his side.
Speaker 2: But it could have been me dancing with Britney Spears and bringing Sexy back. But no, I'm stuck here, just doing another song of the week with like.
Speaker 4: Seven limmos in the garage, all backed up this place.
Speaker 2: To blow my own bubbles and the jacuzzie. Now I'm gonna sing. It's coming up. It is Song of the week time. A lot of people listening. This is the last day of school or the final day at work at the Lucky Ones before they take a few days off to celebrate the main holiday of the year that centers around food.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I love this holidays.
Speaker 2: We are talking about Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: God, this is going to make me hungry just talking about it.
Speaker 4: I love it. We eat so much, we get two days off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tradition. I know a lot of you probably wanted me to sing about nutritional goals and healthy meals substitutes like baked cucumber and kidney bean cast role, but it's not happening because you're not doing that because, believe it or not, there's something more important than food, and that's food spending time with family. Sorry, I didn't I didn't mean to say that. What I meant to say was the cringe worthy, stress inducing, horribly awkward moments that you have to suffer through with your family. Yeah, you have to give through one to get to the other. I mean, really, that is what Thanksgiving is all about. Because when you're looking back on past gatherings, sure you might remember like specific foods or dishes that you liked or that you look forward to every year, but the moments that live forever up in your mind are those little mini holiday disasters that just seemed to pop up every single time you go home and sit down around that dinner table, Yeah, something's gonna go weird or wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Year my mom took the potrells down two hours early for some reason, on to microwave slices of meat.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 1: What about last year my sister in law hosted and managed to literally not cook one thing. No, she was literally not one, not one thing.
Speaker 2: My family last year we cooked so long we didn't start eating till midnight. Yeah, it was the worst of an ever. But anyway, those are the moments that you just look back on and remember. And I thought I could sing a song that brings all of them to light.
Speaker 1: Oh let's go for a dysfunction jack.
Speaker 2: This in one crazy experience. So instead of doing doja cats smash hit, I paint the town red. It's the young Jeffreys. This turkey ain't dead.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's why you didn't met some midnight. I get it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: There's a real personal tail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well sprinkled throughout this. But this is for all the family Thanksgivings that we're gonna just have to suffer through. Good luck everybody. I'm on the point when I'm ready point, Yeah, gets my home.
Speaker 6: The dread this Thanksgiving, called the code red checked inside the oven and said, I don't think this turkey is quite dead.
Speaker 1: Dog scratch.
Speaker 6: A mic bird hopped off the snow. Then it flag skin so tanned, looks like harp mad. Don't freak out, just call about that wearing Perrol because the bird turned out to be Farrell.
Speaker 2: Uncle Karol. Now the stop thing really is a Serra aunt to Carroll drinking seven yon block by the barrel on the news. She don't call, had to take her home in a wheelbarrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my Thanksgiving is off a come lamity, sending one whole dank with my family. Uncle Larry Quote and Sean Kennedy. Oh good lord, here comes the profanities our quote kitchen looks like her travesty poor Din Ramsey minus Duff Pageantry, pouse cat napping inside the bird's cabin and tinfoil in the microwave. Tragically, Uncle's brand new girlfriend by his side, not her in the district of red light, says he wanna make her his new bride. Nanda Doris choked and when bug eyed up, he's telling me to go sit where up down at the kids table right there on I'm thirty five you are aware of next to my niece in a lawn chair.
Speaker 1: Six straight.
Speaker 6: You're the at jam drop. Her female roommate up Pain swears that they're just really good friends. Kick back in their doctor Martin's Oops, mine, thanks just turned.
Speaker 2: Road drop, d are you sugar?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: It was laundry pounder instead. Dad didn't care.
Speaker 6: Still ate that corn bread watching Cagle see my football team score a bagel Walmer dogs on the table with the bulla sweet potatoes.
Speaker 4: Another fail.
Speaker 2: Got a phone call from our uncle day all being.
Speaker 4: Held at the jail.
Speaker 6: Papa Lou didn't want to pay the bay all. Yeah, pop that mouthful of turkey legs. You gonna put my new skins to the sturdy test. Getting so much bloke from the gravy fact make a mozzie's day. Folk feel a bit jealous. I'm gonna make a small talk with my cousin Liz. I don't know, but if that's a little flirtatious.
Speaker 2: On a pet, I could feel her foot.
Speaker 6: Grazes made a promise that we stopped after two bases same time last year.
Speaker 2: The whole place was charred fring but.
Speaker 6: Turkey and torched the yard burned the garage of but mama's car brown liquid, not my Hershey bar, I can't sleep, Mama, Grandpa Doug's got the demon snares.
Speaker 2: We so loud that he shakes the doors. Ear plugs in couldn't block the roars.
Speaker 6: I switched wine from white to red. Mom says, why aren't you married young? Don't want kids, she asks, my girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Not with him, she says, under France.
Speaker 6: Books his whiskey instead straight up it with my I'm good NAT's gonna passed out one foot shot of his fads took a sharpieon, drunk on his head. Nevamella, Grandma Mabel's getting more forgetball. She set her wig in the jello trying to call the cabas a letto. When we're set off, speech out A little sentimental come, he cried, and not a letter more tell us?
Speaker 2: Then I breakfast continental too much?
Speaker 3: What come?
Speaker 2: Just one more by?
Speaker 1: It was amazing. It was so lyrically dense.
Speaker 2: I was terrified the whole time that I sang it, just thinking about having to do all of this stuff over again. Good luck to everybody out there. That's your Thanksgiving song of the week. Yeah, you can text in seventy five nights. You tell us what you thought about it. We'll have the video up with all the lyrics on all of our socials aprok and Jeffrey on TikTok and on Instagram and YouTube everywhere.
Speaker 5: And shout out to your uncle or Anne whoever gets drunk at noon, like there's always one.
Speaker 1: You could always use the song on TikTok for a video of them, right, you know.
Speaker 2: Tag us and traumatize the world in your family.
Speaker 3: Life brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Got a text seventy five nine two that says, I remember when my aunt surprised our family with turkey sushi rolls instead of a proper bird one year.
Speaker 1: Tell me they were cooked, please.
Speaker 2: Because I thought it was funny. But my dad eventually got so frustrated he took his chopsticks and threw them into the fireplace.
Speaker 1: The plastic Kinds.
Speaker 2: Classic Thanksgiving if you missed it. Instead of singing the Doja Cat song, I Paint the Town red, I sang my own version called this Turkey Ain't Dead in honor of all the awkward, cringey, wonderfully messy memories that live up in our heads. Rent free from Thanksgivings past.
Speaker 3: That is right.
Speaker 1: If it turns out perfect, nobody remembers anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're actually getting a lot of feedback on the textboard with people sharing some of their biggest Thanksgiving disasters. Brooke, what do you got?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I remember I screwed up at Thanksgiving a couple of years back. Okay, I set the table for ten people, but only nine showed. Oh no, When I asked, where's Grandma Mert curently, she passed away in February and I had forgotten.
Speaker 2: That stopped her from coming. Come on, Grandma Mert, let a little death hold you back played off and you're like, this is an honor. Yeah, she said.
Speaker 1: We still left her seat open, and it turned out to be funny.
Speaker 2: She had more than anybody at the bottle.
Speaker 1: Gravy out for Grandma Murger.
Speaker 2: If you miss it, if you want to hear it again, or share it with a friend or a family member that you're going to be thinking about or sitting across the table from this Thanksgiving, go to the Brook and Jeffrey YouTube page, our Facebook, Insta, and our TikTok All of that at Brook and Jeffrey So Happy thanks gorging to everyone out there. I hope you have a great holiday.
Speaker 3: And Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: On the phone is a woman named Rhianne who lost to you during the summer Brook. She admits she choked. Oh wow, she messed up. But today she's back and things are gonna be different. Why one, she made sure she got her coffee this morning before she played. Or two, there's not currently a rush at her work.
Speaker 1: Okay, she was trying to.
Speaker 2: Answer customers and answer questions last time. This time she's taken a break, all right, Like.
Speaker 1: Why did you yell out the state of Arizona?
Speaker 2: But Rianne is back. She is our Rudy of the days. Guys, Wait, are you at work though?
Speaker 1: Right now? Still?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What do you do for work? I do auto glars.
Speaker 1: I got a huge crack in my windshield right now.
Speaker 13: Well I got you, guys.
Speaker 8: I will hook you up.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I doubt it, she says she's serious. We're gonna hold her to it. Oh, you're gonna talk back to the person that's not here. Okay, all right, Rianne, she has left the studio. You know the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you do have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready? I am all right for redemption. Yeah, your time starts now on this day. In two thousand and three, Britney Spears became the youngest singer with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. How old was she?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: Eighteen?
Speaker 2: Rupert Grint is best known for playing which Harry Potter character? Okay, what is the name of the highest mountain in Africa? The Hines Company and Hershey Chocolate both operate their factories in which state? What do you call an eye doctor?
Speaker 8: Optometry?
Speaker 2: In the original movie? What color top does the Little Mermaid wear?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: Green?
Speaker 2: All right? I appreciate Rihann that there was a phone ringing at your work and you specifically did not answer the phone and help out the customers. You should answer the phone. And there was a phone going off in the back while she was answering, I was literally.
Speaker 13: Walking in right now to check on that Hey bus.
Speaker 1: God we were talking to her about glass.
Speaker 2: I see my phone screener here. That you have a holiday tradition called the saran wrap ball.
Speaker 1: What Yeah.
Speaker 13: Essentially what we do is everybody buy little gifts and we buy a costco site saran wrap, and we wrap it all in layers and layers and layers, and then you have to wear oven miss and try to unwrap layers to get kifts.
Speaker 1: That's really funny. I mean, terrible for the environment, but really funny.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 12: Thanks Breck, thanks for the reminders.
Speaker 2: All right, Brook, it's your turn. Are you ready? Yes, your time starts now. On this day. In two thousand and three, Britney Spears became the youngest singer with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Speaker 1: How old was she two thousand and three? She was twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rupert Grint is best known for playing which Holly or for which Harry Potter character.
Speaker 1: He was the you know you know Jeff, Yeah, Harry and okay.
Speaker 2: Past what is the name of the highest mountain in Africa?
Speaker 1: In Africa Kill?
Speaker 2: The Heinz Company and Hershey Chocolate both operate their factories in which state penns I want to struggled on a question that it may have come back to Brook. We'll find out when we go to the scoreboard with Jose. Other weaknesses we're slow learners, and we're not particularly good listeners. We're also slow learners. Riann, you got to correct today worse than you thought. We got to correct today.
Speaker 1: And Brook I choked on that Harry Potter question.
Speaker 4: Rianne got two extra questions.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's like they use one of those forget charms the name of.
Speaker 2: The army general.
Speaker 4: And you also got.
Speaker 2: And the tie does go to the house on this one. So you're O one and one in all time. But let's go to the questions here on this day. In two thousand and three, Britney Spears became the youngest singer with a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She was twenty one years old when she got the impressive Rupert Grint is best known for playing Ron Weasley.
Speaker 8: In That.
Speaker 1: All I can think, who is Fred? And George? That's all I can say? And I was like, no, that's not it.
Speaker 2: Highest mountain in Africa is Mount Kilimanjaro. Heinz Company in Hershey Chocolate both operate factories in Pennsylvania. An eye doctor is called an optometry.
Speaker 1: I would have gotten that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, in the original movie, what color top does the Little Mermaid wear?
Speaker 1: Brook she's wearing a seashell and it's white.
Speaker 2: It's a purple seashells purple purple.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I watched on VHS, so it's kind of great.
Speaker 3: Anne.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a fifty dollars a gift card celebrate the season at Sephora Bellevue Square. Pick out the perfect gift for everyone on your list and receive a free gift with purchase Wall supplies. Last can't wait to see you at Sephora Bellevue Square. We belong to is something beautiful?
Speaker 13: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Dog Oh you're sweet. Hey, tag us in one of those surrand wrap videos. I want to see it. I think it sounds really funny.
Speaker 2: Wo that great fun challenge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally yeah.
Speaker 2: And also engrave our show name into somebody's autoglass for us.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: That would help us more. Anyway, Ryan, love having you on the show. Thank you for playing. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time on Monday. Rookie Jeffrey in the morning