Speaker 1: Lute flows. If it doesn't work, you're just not using enough. You're listening to soft web Radio Special Operations, Military Nails and straight talk with the guys in the community.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on? Welcome back to another wonderful episode of soft Rep Radio. I am your host, rad and before I introduce today's guest, I want to mention our website merch store at soft rep dot com. If you'll go check out soft reap dot com. Check out the merch store, pick up some things. Check out the cool flashlights. I keep talking about them every episode. It's like the flashlight. I got mugs and like shirts, but the flashlight, it's legit and it's branded. So go check out out. Help keep us going so I can interview all these awesome guests that we bring to you. Then we also have our book club, right so it's soft rep dot com Forward slash book hyphen Club. Go check out book hyphen Club at soft rep dot com. Join that and then just get your random books and check them out and read something. Man, it's good for you. So, without further ado, I have the one, the only, the legend, Bruce right with me today. Welcome to the show. Bruce and I'm going to introduce you here, So go ahead and say hi everybody.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, thank you for having me in your home.
Speaker 2: Perfect. Here we go. So, according to US Medicine, the US veteran population, predominantly older males, are at high risk for chronic lymphocitic leukemia, especially if they had exposure to agent orange or other herbicides during military service. Bruce Wright, Vietnam War veteran and chair of the cl Society Patient Advisory Board, was diagnosed with CLL in two thousand and nine, and at the time, resources were limited as to what the next steps for treatment would be. Luckily, he was strongly encouraged by a friend to join a CLLL support group, which led him to become a part of CLL Society, a leading authority for chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients, families, caregivers, and medical professionals. Today, Bruce is a chair of the organization's Patient Advisory Board, offering support to veterans facing a similar story to his own to ensure that they have the right tools to plan for treatment and advocate for themselves within their newfound diagnosis. So today's podcast is going to be speaking with Bruce and all things that relate to CLLL, such as his own personal story as a veteran diagnosed with CLLL and how CLLL society offered him support at a time when research and resources were as readily available as they are today. What a journey you're living through, Bruce, and welcome to the show again.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's a pleasure to be with you. I enjoy this kind of dialogue and getting the word out to other veterans. It's most important. It's one of my old pushing it forward and helping people as I go on with life.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's also fair to say that you're seventy nine years.
Speaker 3: Old in January fifth.
Speaker 2: In January fifth, as the little.
Speaker 3: Kids on the block say, we're the oldest couple on the block. They always built a half year. So you do that when you're young and when you're old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right, right right, And so when you when you joined the military? How old were you when I.
Speaker 3: Joined the military? I was eighteen years old. I graduated from high school and my grades weren't all that good. I was Upstate New York, very small, farm oriented, countryside south Syracuse, New York, and didn't know much about the military and took an extra year after high school to get ready for college. Things like college boards. I didn't know anything about it. I was too busy playing football and wrestling. And then through that avenue I was able to pick up an appointment to the Naval Academy. And what did swear in the Naval Academy in nineteen sixty three and entered in peace and graduated in war. And I was fortunate during the first summer President Kennedy came out to talk to us. Most impressive motivational man. We lost him a couple months later. I marched in his Cortege procession as he was going to be interred. So we made a quite a more impression on us young people to this day.
Speaker 2: To this day core memory for you, and I mean just like probably helped inspire you. You know, a general or Admiral McRaven. I reallyst said, you know, make your bed every day during an annancement speech. Recently, you know, it's trended all over the internet. And even though I wasn't at that ceremony, that is something that was powerful that just can sit with you. And I can only imagine having you know, JFK. The President. Yes, yes, it being I'm Berlin or standing right there a donut. Okay, the man himself.
Speaker 3: And regarded to Avam mcgraven, I've met him, know him. He gave the eulogy. A classmate of minds, a fellow seal I passed away, a seal who I introduced him to his wife, and I was in his wedding holding up the sword and stayed with him throughout the life. They lived down in Coronado South in San Diego. I live up in Orange County near mission vehicle, and so we saw each other on a social basis as well throughout his entire life.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that. That's awesome. Yeah again, I literally make my bed, not just for me to come lay down in it, but so when my wife come homes from a hard day at work, she's like, oh, she've for her feet up too. There's something about that. Oh sure, Well, that's a very very small world in that life. Now, in the Navy, in sixty three, you enlisted, as you know so many other young men did, including my father, joined the Navy at seventeen, went in around sixty eight sixty nine. You see on a frigate as a radio guy. So he was a Morse Code did it all, you know, and then that translated to his green berets when he crossed over and became a radio guy in the SF teams.
Speaker 3: But well, you dad, start a good service because my first tour of duty was on a destroyer and I would often stand the watch underway, and the guy I stood it with was the communications officer, and so I always had an insight into the messages coming and going.
Speaker 2: It's like your it's like your internet right there, he's your Internet. He's like, Hey, what's going, what's the what's the weather. He's like, well, sir, this just came in. He's like update me. Oh wow, yeah, that's crazy. No. And also my dad was succepted to our got agent Orange.
Speaker 3: Well it's a clue nobody wants to be in no, And I'd say to him, welcome home, brother, And we didn't get a good welcome, and we came home with a secret inside of us which took decades. Takes decades with most veterans to manifest itself in various forms.
Speaker 2: It does, and it did. It started to manifest. He had like a lot of different complications that was attributed to you know, being exposed to Agent Orange and Vietnam, and you know, from like scleloderma, tightening of the internal organs, to like all sorts of just crazy stuff that just happened. You know. The skin cancer that he had to have is like some things removed off of his cheeks and his nose, and you know that starts to come at him. And you know, and then my mom is the caregiver, right and we love her and rest her soul. So she's wheeling him all the time at the VA, you know, breaking her back, pushing him around. As he's gotten bigger and can't get much more. You know, it can't be running marathons no more. So he starts to take on all these broad I've seen it, you know, first hand, firsthand, which is why I was so excited to have you come on and talk about CLLL and get this out there about Agent Orange and our veterans who are still dealing with it. It's out there.
Speaker 3: By the way, when I tell anyone I cross with for this discussion, you can never call me too much, text me too much, or email me too much if you want to talk more about it, or learn more about it, or want to have continuing conversation regarding it. It's a constantly changing scenario for this type of cancer, and we're fortunate with that because the medicines keep getting better and better and we benefit from that. When I was diagnosed with it, when I checked with doctor Google, which is what the VA doctor said, when I said, what is CLLL And he said, google.
Speaker 2: It right, that's all I got, go down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And doctor Google said, I was. I had five years and so as a rabbit hole twenty fourteen. But you're talking to me today.
Speaker 2: Look at that, you know, so you're rated, right, you have a rating to get out of the military. Did you have to fight? My dad had to get from like sixty to one hundred percent keep going through like an metb, you know, to say that agent orange was attributed to his that he had the agent orange. Let's talk about that, like just getting it, you know, and let me just backtrack real quick. Agent orange is a chemical that was sprayed onto canopies over Vietnam and an other foliage to try to kill the foliage so that we could see through the foliage to the ground per se and like get rid of all these canopies. That mother nature has created. Okay, in the meantime, there's like old footage of guys in black and white film and they're like spraying just hoses of it from the vehicle, like like a water vehicle, like a you know, water buffalo full of it, just spraying it, like killing the you know, one hundred yards out from there, kills on, just drenched in it.
Speaker 3: There was so much ignorance at that particular time. The guy running the navy was a guy named Amro Zumwal Elmo Zoomwalt, and his son was involved with the River Forces, was sprayed with it and got cancer real quickly from it and died very prematurely from it. And it was zoom Alt and authorized the use of it. And so think of that, You think about what I authorized something. It took my son's life way too early.
Speaker 2: It's like take my son, sir, here you go. It's like Abraham was going to do that. I think somewhere in a Bible. You know, I'm saying, it's like you didn't even do it.
Speaker 3: Today's conflicts you're seeing every day on TV two different sons of Abraham.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm telling you that it's like Holy Cow, take mine. You know it's it. It's like, yeah, holy cow, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Talk about your dad's skin cancer. I've had twenty one Moe's surgeries. Those are surgeries where they go in and take the skin cancer off and keep taking skin until they have a clear field. I've had twenty one of them. My nose has been rebuilt twice, my ear has been rebuilt once. And that's a definite side effect of having cl CLL is a blood cancer, and it caused us us to be immune suppressed. And you're sitting there right now growing skin cancers where your body's immunity is strong enough that it comes up and it goes away. You just keep fighting it because your immune system's in balance. Ours is not, and so we have no way to fight it. So when it comes into us, it gets a foothold and we have to cut it out or burn it out. Won't stop.
Speaker 2: It just keeps moving through everything. So it has to be cut out because it's like whereas like like cancer, cancer spreads tumors. Some people might think is cancer. It could be a cancerous tumor, but the tumor is more of like a hard ball inside of you. That doesn't that just moves around your organs, whereas, like my understanding of cancer is it just goes through it like you know, madam min in, you know, some kind of wicked spell of sort of stone from I'm a flu like symptom, I'm in you now.
Speaker 3: And it's very insidious in how it gets to that. My wife had her thyrite out and she had several polyps. But the very smart intercanalogist that took care of her said, two of those polyps are developing a blood source. The cancer was commanding the body to develop a source of blood that got to the cancer so that the cancer cells could dump themselves into the bloodstream to go invade the rest of the body. Yeah, they had the fyrate and polyps taken out before that happened, but that's what it's doing. And you don't even know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Scary man, I've had my own scared of polyps. I had to go get so my dad was you know, he had colon like he had that going on with him too. You know so much, dude. It's such a sad thing for me to think about. But so I went to the doctor at forty and I said, hey, I want to get a colonoscopy because I'm predisposed to it, you know. She's like, you're young, and I was like, well, I thought I was supposed to get it at forty. Everybody's always like get checked at forty. And she's like, oh, nowadays it's fifty. But you're predisposed, so let's get you checked. So here I go getting it done, and they get me out of the room and they told me that I had three and a half pole that they removed outside of my inside of my colon. I was just literally a day over forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you didn't know about it at all.
Speaker 2: No, And I just was like, I took the initiative to go get the oil changed, sir. I was like, you know, I'm going to go take myself with my insurance and get my filters changed and my oil changed, and do these processes and maybe change the alternator like we do on our vehicles to get to work while we're dealing with these ailments. But yet, why do people struggle to go to get themselves checked out? What is it that we need to tell these people to go? It's okay to go to the doctor, right see.
Speaker 3: On a dialogue with the doctor talk at an equal level. He's no smarter and he puts his pants on one leg at a time. And you get one that has a good dialogue with you. We tell you through the cl Society. If you're not getting the information and the question to answered to your satisfaction, fire your doctor and get another one. Don't stick with this guy for some false loyalty. He's not doing you any good.
Speaker 2: What about our veterans that are dealing with the VA where you can't necessarily move around too much with that? You know what I mean? Like, yes, what do you suggest? Is there some services for our veterans to go to the VA and just start this process? Is there? Do they reach to CLL Society? Is that?
Speaker 3: It's you ask the two prong questions. The first part with the VA, remember vas are teaching hospitals. The doctor who did the determination, I went in for a regular exposure to agent orange joining the registry, which got a touchy feeling, an X ray and the blood drawn out of that they told me I had two cancers. So my fast forward. My first disability findings were two. I was two hundred percent disable. Okay, right off the bat, right off the bat. Yeah, but it took a while to get that because after I fill all those forms and stuff with the VA, they said they couldn't find him. And I said, wait a minute. This was done at the VA. It's all in the VA medical record. What do you mean you can't find it. I didn't do it with a private doctor. I did it with the VA. Well, we don't see it. Therefore, we're going to disapprove your request for agent orange exposure. No you're not. Don't call me a liar. Don't call me a liar. And so the doctor that said google it, he moved on. He got his residency training done at the VA for free, and he went up to the Washington State. So the man filling in for him is what's called the attending. It's a senior guy from University California, Irvine. It keeps an eye on all little minions. And he was filling in till they got another newby and I said, hey, I don't want a newby. Do you have any patients? He said, no, I keep an eye on these patients, these young guys here. And I said, well, I'm your patient. So that's what I tell the VET. Ask for the attending and tell the attending. I want to be your patient, okay, because you're in charge of those little guys, but you're the database of knowledge, and we had a great relationship for five years. I was watching wait they call it for five years. It's a slow growing cancer thing, and so you have time to make decisions and how you're going to handle it because as you will learn if you ever go to our website at the Clsociety dot org. At the top level, we all have CLLL. Go down one level, and each one of us is different. Our treatment's different, how it manifests within our bodies different. So we're the same at the title, but below it, we're individually treated. And it takes specialists, guys who hematologists, blood doctors who focus on that understand what's going on in your bloodstream because we don't have dumors. It's in our blood. It's in our boat and your boat marrow is your factory of life, and it will block the boat marrow and you're dead.
Speaker 2: It's so true, and it just gets in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does. And here's the thing, and I would pass on to the veterans. The second part is if you come to the cl Society, we purposely designed it being no cost to you. Do all the work we do, all the fact finding, we constantly update, We put on lectures and webinars, we go visit people and educate them. The only thing that costs a patient is their discretionary time. It's your time. Just put it here, and we're always updating it. And it's so far beyond what you can find on the website. Doctor Google doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: Come to us, man. You know, I've been told don't do the doctor Google thing. You know, it just takes you down the worst rabbit hole because you never cleared your cookies and cash on your computer in the first place, right, So it's going to pull up everything that you're used to looking for and it's gonna Yeah, you talk to the health professional because I was just simply sick and that was it. COVID is it? COVID is at this And it's like you might have, like, I don't know something cancer and I think I just have a cough.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I had the fortune of of me a gentleman who's a pair of rescue during Vietnam, and he got pretty banged up and he survived being intubated on COVID. A lot of intubated people didn't make it because of intubation, and we have a family to take care of. I'm the chair of the Patient Advisory Board, which gives the patients the input and the oversight and on an equal basis with the doctor's Advisory Board of the same organization. Again we're equal, okay, and we're looking for the equity of treatment and care and information and that's fun. I'm also the military lays on as We've set up a landing platform on the website, all free to say, like, Hey, you're a VET and you get a certain disability. Guess what you get your mileage paid? When you go to the BA, you get more disability. Hey you don't have a copay anymore. Hey, registration on your car could be free, like in the state of California. Hey you can get a break on your taxes in California on your house, and on and on and on. Because the VA is very onerous, they don't tell you that at all. Don't tell you.
Speaker 2: No, they don't, so we know they don't. They make you satisfind everything. Yeah, they do. You know. They're like, oh, you want to figure out how to get your home loan or you want to figure out how to do all these things. You can call them, but you have to like really get down and dirty, and you know, sometimes seek advocates and advocate someone who can help you. And like that's what you're talking about. Your CLL would help advocate for somebody, and the VA allows you to have an advocates.
Speaker 3: Here's another thing we have. We have an ability to talk with an expert. Let's say you have a doctor says we have a blood cancer and da da da da da mem No man only sees five or ten patients a year. The doctor I see see seventeen hundred a year. Be as amna's roster. Okay, we have the expert access. It's called with cl Society. You take your medical records and the findings that you own from that doctor, you send it in to us and make an appointment. One of the doctors on the expert staff that we have reviews it and holds a face to face just like we're doing now, and talks about your particular disease, with your particular existing laboratory results and what it really means from an experst position, and gives you advice what you should do next and how much it costs bubbcus. Where can you get this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right nowhere at c LLL Society is where, yes, sirside dot org, dot org. It's a dot org cell society dot org. Now, now let me ask you something about it. You said you were on destroyer. Did I catch that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: So I ask airborne guys all the time. Do you ever have like a mishap with your parachute? You know? But the ocean? She do you prefer? Have you ever thought you were going to go down to Davy Jones's locker.
Speaker 3: I was an a typhoon for four days and the eighteen guys that would eat together, only three of us could eat. I am blessed by the fact that I don't get seasick or air sick. And so I was the gunnery officer on the gunery three five and fifty four's and the gun laying radar, gun directors and stuff. We did see dragon ops off of North Vietnam all the way down of Bungtown in the south and providing gunfire support as a long barrel gun five minutes fifty four and the story of life is a very unique life. And I changed from that. I did one tour with that. We arrived in d Nang shortly after ten, and I went ashore with a skipper so we could be upbriefed, and I hung with the Marines at the Nang which is where they stored the AO, and that was my first exposure in sixty eight. Then my skipper was a wonderful guy. He's like McRaven, just different, a different avenue. And when I said, he no, skipper, I want to go fly, And the Chief Naval Operations asked if we could anyone out there in the fleet's and the rest and make application and if found physically qualified, you'll have orders to flight school. And he said, I'll sign it, I'll recommend it. And we had to do it because I was deployed. They couldn't take me off the ship or that was required to stay there. I couldn't leave and leave gap the billet we call it. But he supported me one hundred and fifty percent, and he understood because he had started as an aviator and then they put him in a three's He was a coursetair pilot, Pappy Boyington plane okay, and then it flew in pantles in the Korean War, and he put him in the A three, the sky Warrior, which was at the worst carrier safety record. He said, I don't want to fly. It going to kill me. They said, you don't want to fly, you don't fly. So he changed mid course from flying the driving ships. He retired as a three star admiral. He had his act together and he was very people oriented. He was he was the model for you to follow.
Speaker 2: And model for you to follow. What a good thing to say. And I don't mean to say the A three is the intruder, it's the A six. I just get excited when I hear Navy A three and I just thought of the intruder. But yes, you're right, Pappy Boyington, I totally understand no flight of the intruder of the book. Yes, I'm a.
Speaker 3: Good friends with the author. He was in the same air wing that I.
Speaker 2: Was on and I love that movie, the one of the.
Speaker 3: Many books he's written. He's still around today. And what we would do before we go on an alpha strike over the North, we'd always have these big gaggles of briefs. He'd be there. And the guys that flew in the A six they had big wheelbarrows because they had no protection. They flew single ship low at night, you know, using their system to stay alive, and they had no way to fight back, and we had a six guys. The guys hit, you know, just getting ready to go in and with a missile and they had playing with upside down and they had to punch the button to get rid of all the ordinance because there were heavy ordnance. They are heavy bombing in my time. Numbers of bombs on board.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah. And if it's anything like the movie, which I'm pretty sure the movie with Willem Dafoe, you know, Flight of the Intruder Man, when we go offline, we should link up and see if we can get him to come on the show and even have you back and you have a threesome.
Speaker 3: Time you can, like I said, you can email me, call me and text me anytime.
Speaker 2: That would be so awesome. No. I was talking to an F eighteen pilot in New York a few years ago and we were just doing quotes the whole time. Was like let's go downtown. He's like, I love that movie and I was like, oh dude, you know, stop by the way.
Speaker 3: And just another insight you can talk about another time, you know. Top Gun one and Top Gun two. Okay, I'm a Top Gun graduated as well. Oh that's awesome, And I can give you a lot of insights to Top Gun one because it was being filmed while I was out there flying at Mayor Martin.
Speaker 2: Will tell me something, tell us, give us something, give me tell me something.
Speaker 3: No, you can't ride your motorcycle down the runway going like yay. Like that two when Kelly McGillis turns him down in the bar because she has a date with a guy named Perry, and so he gets rebuffed by her. The camera goes over because Perry's back was by the camera, and the camera goes over and Perry's sitting there and she's at the table and he's handing her a menu to look at and he's got silver hair. That's my commanding officer. Oh, Pete Peterdrew. He was a technical advisor on the film. I can tell you the volleyball game was filmed for two and a half hours. But the director was on a roll and the producer was giving him grief because it was money chang ki chink chink for all the hours of all the support and things, and it was filmed for five hours, and that beefcake was one of the major sellers for people to be recruited to go fly in the Navy.
Speaker 2: Oh one hundred percent. That top gun. I mean. I remember my cousin, my older cousin, I was younger, and he had it on his wall and he had like a fourteen Tomcat with all of its ordinance expounded out on the on the poster, and he just had a heart murmur so he could never be you know, and he just always had that on his wall. And I was just like, oh, big cousin, you're so cool that you're right. It did. It inspired generations still today of folks who want to take up you know, the wings. And I tell people when I talked to him, you want to fly, They're like yeah. I was like what They're like, they're like a fixed wing and it's like or anything, huh, just anything, just fly something, huh. They're like, yeah, anything, just fly hell whatever? Hey cool.
Speaker 3: In the Air Force, for example, you're a pilot and it depends where the next orders send you the needs of the Air Force. And I remember in Vietnam with some of the forward air controllers, flew with them, threw them over bad guy territory, and that's another story too. But they were going back. Some of them. They had been like f one o five drivers, f one o one drivers, and their orders post Vietnam were to be fifty two's buff They said, gotta go fly buffs. Now in the Navy, you're in a pipeline. I was put in the pipeline, flew f fours. I could change, naybe would let you change, but you had to do the dance and then they would do it. And I, for example, flew with the guy who was a helicopter pilot, and that was interesting because he wasn't used to fast airplanes and so he was behind the airplane. You know, I had to be kind of awake because I didn't want him to take me down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like that, You're like were coming in for Atlanta. He's like, yeah, about thirty feet off the deck of that. I'm awake.
Speaker 3: You get this thing slow enough? Why doesn't it go down?
Speaker 2: I can't park? How come I can't pull over? Yeah, because you're strapped to a rocket. Broh God, And you just got to turn and up and down and just keep And that's a whole nother body exercise that's just sucking you up those g's and you know, trying just to turn and yank and bank and shoot the watch. Right, it's a big watch.
Speaker 3: You're always shooting the watch and it's a big watch, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, sorry here I learned that from F sixteen pilot when I was flying simulators and we were we turned the Great Salt Lake in Utah here on the simulator into a pirate cove. And so as we're flying the F sixteens from Hill Air Force Base over to the Great Salt Lake, we're blowing up pirate ships that were down below. It was quite interesting how they train, you know.
Speaker 3: We we get creative regardless of what service you're in. We get created sure, and it's it's helped to pass the time. We have gallows humor. We have to do that to keep our sense and sense of ability about us. And we lament when we lose a fellow flyer. You know. The hardest part is we lost some on the Enterprise and then you have to go in and you have to clean out the room. You got to pack things up and send them back. Stuff like that. And it's not the only ship that had that. And I was fortunate enough to make two additional cruises or two three deployments total, first on a destroyer, then two more on the carrier USS Enterprise sweet Air Wing fourteen, and they've got two hundred and twenty combat missions. YadA, YadA, YadA. I've been good fortune to go to the top gun.
Speaker 2: And would you retire as what was your what'd you retire as?
Speaker 3: A commander? Five?
Speaker 2: Commander five? Yeah? Right, it's like two general, right, it's like lieutenant colonel yeah. Okay, yeah, you're right, it's just right five or six? Seven? Yeah, I got you. That's that's respect right there. Commander.
Speaker 3: Thank you, you're very kind. It's it's y all one fraternity and it's it's men and women. And one of the things I did when it took me three years to get my disability properly settled with a VBA. You have VHA, which is the healthcare people, which are great people. You have the VBA. They are the ones that determine your disability rating. They also oversee the health and welfare and care of the cemeteries. It took me three years, and I made a vow and paying it forward that I wouldn't let that happen to another VET, just my life's course. So when I joined the CL Society, they I said, I'm a veteran, and any veterans got questions of sending to me. Well, not just CL Society, which I got a lot from, right, even members of my group, the Patient Advisory Board, the guys VET. And he says, geez, I'm saying about trying to increase this promise, said, let's talk about it, let's get it in. And he got his disability increase as a problem increased, right, and he rated an increase and it came through, and he's happy as a plan at high tide.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're one hundred percent disabled veteran, there's benefits not only for you though, but for also for your children if they're still living at home with you to go to school.
Speaker 3: Yes, the thing is actuarily will pass. First, it benefits your.
Speaker 2: Wife, yes, exactly, it does one hundred percent. And you know what again, though, if there is a child in the home who has disabilities as well, yes, and that child can be given try care for life, yes, sir, okay, it can be ordered by a court to be given to that child, so that child could have a fiduciary that child or can have somebody oversee it. So let's say your a mother and a father, and you know you've dealt with a lot of this stuff and you got your one hundred percent rated, you can fight to the VA to get a fiduciary to make sure that when you pass on that your children get your benefits.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have a classmate who has that problem and is a firstborn flies for Army, Army, Air National Guard, and he was a swift cooke guy during Vietnam. My classmate and another guy who was in a different airway on a different carrier to Kidiowk, and he would take the admiral down. The three star Avrol three star VL ran the war from the water and the three star admiral a three star general from the Air Force ran the air war. And they meet Saigon applying the consent and all that stuff. And he came down with several problems. We were working with and unfortunately for him, as pancreas gave up completely and I was helping it him and his wife getting the steps of the disabilities that he had earned. And he passed And once you passed, they won't process him anymore. But he had gotten forty percent about over one hundred percent disability, and his wife to this day gets diic dependence and demity compensation because his death was relayed to agent orange exposure. And it's approximately a half of the disability that he would have gotten. But its cost of living, and it's FA's free.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. And so you know it's a benefit that's there. And if you're listening right now, you should reach out to to you know, Bruce here, and just for myself, you know, we can tell you what's up. It's easy. I'm always available as well. I get reached out to often, Bruce. Like three in the morning, someone hits me up, like you awake, bro, And I'm like, who are you? How you doing? He's like, I'm just not thinking right.
Speaker 3: Well, you know there's a certain good feeling after, you know, And I do it all for free. No, there's no compensation, And I tell them when you've gotten it, just let me know. And the cost is your discretionary time to call me so we can celebrate together and do the happy dance.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, you know, that's right.
Speaker 3: That's all. And some of them I have ten support groups with society. They have me doing the chair of the PAB. They have me. I oversee leaders of support groups throughout the United States and i have ten of them i have oversight with. And I'm also the laison for the military people. So when the things come in, I'm kind of a jack of many trades. To use me as you need me. And I've had the vets at certain places say when they finally have helped them through and they get their rating, they say, I'll take care of our group. Let me relieve you. I've got the watch, give me the baton. You don't need to worry any veterans to come to this group. I'll coach them like you coach me. It's a brotherhood, sisterhood. And I've helped me else too. You know, it doesn't have to be Asian Orange, it could be something else. I mean, I've had the good fortune of meeting a gentleman who's an Air Force veteran who's a Holocaust survivor. Think about that. Yeah, he was French four years old, his sister was fourteen. The Nazis exterminated the oldest brother and his parents. He came over here as an orphan wanted to pay back. Enlisted in the Navy, got an appointment the Naval Academy, went to the Air Force as intel and I spent some time in some interesting intel places on exchange. I've been to the Kampanam, I've been to Uban, I've been to Udorn and over in Thailand, and I've seen results of his work. And the guy is still with us today, just turned eighty six, and he has col He's had it for years and he's still with us. And he's part of the cl Society groups out of San Francisco, but likes to zoom with our group down here in Ork.
Speaker 2: County, oh Man. Any holocausts four years old. Yeah, French parents taken out of this earth for no real reason.
Speaker 3: It's profound. I've been profoundly affected ever since. I always bring it up because it's it's that we want to talk a survivor. Look at that guy.
Speaker 2: Well, my condolence is to your friends, for your friend's family. I just want to put that out here there for sure, you know, And I should probably tell you welcome home as well from nom you know, and just just to let you know that, you know, on behalf of a grateful nation. Welcome home.
Speaker 3: You know, thank you. People will often say to me, thank you for your service, and I'll say it was my honor.
Speaker 2: You were worth it right there. You go who you're battling for? Man, you know, Yeah, exactly, cross paths with these people in live. They don't even realize that. You know, you dealt with a four day typhoon.
Speaker 3: You want to book to read. There's a book called Halsey's Typhoon. Go read that destroyers sank during that. It was well MacArthur was going back into the Philippines and Admiral Bull Halsey was in charge of all the carriers, and then typhoon came upon the Philippines. Yeah, I think three destroyers sank.
Speaker 2: Oh, those are huge. The ocean just wants what it wants, though Davy Jones's locker, I.
Speaker 3: You never conquered the ocean.
Speaker 2: You respect it, That's right. I was just watching something on a on a social media other day and it was like, where else can you jump off of a submarine into the world's deepest ocean trench? This shows the submargers just jumping off having a water day over the Marianas Trench, you know, and it's got their little booies don't go that far. But what about that far.
Speaker 3: Well, as you probably didn't see it in there, but around the brook are here guys with rifles for the shark watch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sharks. Yeah, bro, that's deep.
Speaker 3: The ship, you know, the ship will stop and they'll just kind of hover and they'll have a swim day, swim call, and then they have a steel barbecue or steel deck barbecue just out on the fantail though, take a day off from work at sea, cook hot dogs, hamburgers and French fries and all that stuff, and just have a thing. You can't drink beer, drink a lot of soda. It's all paid for.
Speaker 4: And then but what's what's pollywog all about? What is that? I've been one. You're a pollywog until you have crossed the equator polywogg, and you have to go through an initiation of becoming a shellback. But through that is a whole day of harassment.
Speaker 3: Right around the equator time, like we were off coming off the Yankee station, we went down to Singapore. Singapore's two degrees north of the equator, so the ship dips down, so it's officially at the aquator. And we have a big celebration on that on the deck and they take everybody from from E one to ten. Doesn't make any difference. Everybody go out there and you're crawling your hands and knees, and you get the kick Neptune and Queen so and so and then the baby. And on the carrier there they use a lot of grease, like for the resting deer cables and stuff, so things slide and the cables don't wear and break. And this guy back in those days, we didn't have a weight restriction and you have to maintain a certain body mask. And so the Buddha's baby or uh baby was like a Buddha he had and it was all gung grease and grease out of the cables and stuff. And you had to kiss the baby's belly and when he take the head like this, they go like this.
Speaker 2: Just a big old belly.
Speaker 3: Yea. At that time, I had a beard. We could have beards in the Navy in that day. And I had a beard, and it took me a week to get all that stuff out. I wasn't going to cut it. I was not going to cut that beard.
Speaker 2: No, it's going to wash that right, out of your hair? Why why did they get rid of the beards in? It's kind of a nice thing, don't you think it is?
Speaker 3: It goes. It's an ebb and flow. Zoom all aderal Zoomah was the one who came out with it. And you know, the intermediate level command structure wasn't happy with it. But he was a top level and he said, this is it. And I took advantage of that. You wear an oxygen mask and you don't get a good seal. You showed in the Navy you're on one hundred percent oxygen from the minute you climbing the airplane to the minute you land. Yeah, air force uses diluted demand and the problem is if your oxygen quits on the airplane, you don't know it because you're still breathing. But you're breathing air doesn't have enough oxygen in it.
Speaker 2: Those British, though, today, they still got some beefy stashes on them. Oh yeah, oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. They've got some like chops and they're not too worried about their air seal. I think.
Speaker 3: I wasn't worried. I think you're more invincible the younger you are, But so the polywog is a a bat who has not crossed the equator, okay, And so he goes through the initiation. And then we did it on the next deployment, second deployment on the carrier, and now it was a shellback, so I was overseeing what was being done and there, so, yeah, it's all the way along.
Speaker 2: So were you like King Neptune? Then at one point, no, no.
Speaker 3: We there was always someone in the crew that could fit the billet much better than weekly I see. But for us were standing on the side watching it.
Speaker 2: But they it's amazing, just giving a good all looking good boys looking good, looking good, because.
Speaker 3: It's just like you bring up the coffee cup. To recent article on military dot com is a good place to find information for all military types.
Speaker 2: It's free.
Speaker 3: And uh, they were talking about how come you don't ever wash a Navy cup. You don't do it, especially with the Navy chief. Don't wash my cup. I like the flavor that comes out of it. It may be very gnarly, and it was a white cup at one time, and now it's staying black because I never wash it. But don't do that. And I ran into an Air Force guy I worked on the beach to the stealth bomber and the guy that was working in the group I was in was a B fifty two guy, and he was, yeah, I don't. I don't wash my cup either, and he said I like that navy tradition. I said, that's fine by me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And it kind of makes sense, especially if you just fill it up. Just keep filling it up, because you get that yeah, Patina and that whole you know, exactly exactly exactly. Don't clean my cup. They still got some sugar into that I found from two weeks ago. Don't do it. I know there's a grain in there, right, that's exactly right. Oh man, oh man. So being an officer on a ship, does that get you different menu options? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah. They the cruise mess, even unlike the destroyer, it is actually pretty pretty stunning, and we were required to check it out whenever we had duty. That's see your import. We would eat in the cruise mess, for example, to make sure the quality stayed there. And they had pretty creative people. They are cooking out of cookbooks. They're this thing, you know, standard Navy issue cookbook. But they were training cooks and chefs and stuff you could get all the way to Chief on that and the food was always good and it was there was never anyone saying, you know, I've given you a certain you can't get any more. You keep going back and it's same. On the carrier. They we had what we called the Dirty Shirt, which is a cafeteria up for just under the flight deck. Because I've flied two to three times a day each each mission was two forty five to three point fifteen in length and get a quick turnaround and have to get something to eat, hit the head and then breathe even go out and do the next one. And so they had a cafeteria thing so you can go in with your flight soon, which as the day wore on, especially over in the golf of Tonkin, is really sweaty.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like, dude, you need to change that. But that's how we ate and that was right. That was very relaxed because out where you could see on and eat, which is the same setup that was on the cruise mess for tables and chairs and stuff. They had over here a cooler and there was ice cream, unlimited ice cream.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was like, where's that ice cream? Ice cream, Lieutenant Dan ice cream, you got it, you got it. Someting to make a smile.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you know Lieutenant Dan Gary Sinise is quite a supporter of veterans as you know. Yeah, Foundation Dan Band a couple of times. My wife and I attended that with fantastic performing and a good time with that.
Speaker 2: What a life changing movie for him to play Lieutenant Dan. Oh yeah, because I mean like Top Gun, right, same kind of you know, Mojo is what's come along with it. Just an influence and people all recognize him from that, not from his other shows, but Lieutenant Dan and the band, right, he's even got Lieutenant Dan band. Yeah, I mean he's the.
Speaker 3: Bass guitar on it time. That's an instrument. Another thing on Top Gun the failure of the F fourteen that.
Speaker 2: Killed Goose, Yes, the spin out.
Speaker 3: It was a true failure mode that the F fourteen could get because the Navy didn't pay the money to do spin testing. They took wooden models and dropped them off a tower, and the wooden models didn't spin, so they said, well, the F fourteen won't spin. Ah. I forgot one thing. The F fourteen's engines are not together like the f fource. They're off center line thrust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So if you if you killed this engine, usually it coughs and sputters and quits. Well, the throttleers are up. Then this one's spinning you around. The force spector turns you right around and you're in a spin. And you can't get out of a flat spin with an F fourteen.
Speaker 2: No, So they brought that into the movie. Huh, that's what they did.
Speaker 3: And when he ejected that, he ran into the canopy and the canopy killed him. Right, that can happen. That's a single cannopy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was spinning it the he was behind him, so by the time it opened, it shows him hitting in the back. I mean, you know, Maverick gets out.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing. Where they were doing all that. It was over desert area. If you look at that, that's an operating area that does exist in southern California and Arizona. And where did he get rescued. He was rescued in the ocean, totally.
Speaker 2: Mavericks flas spinning out to the sea, sir.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and fifty miles away, two.
Speaker 2: Hundred fifty miles away. And then my Dad's like, oh, shark repellent. I was like, oh, is that what the green stuff is? Because when they land in the water, you know, He's like, shark repellent. Yeah, yeah, And I was like, Oh, I love having my military dad telling me these types of that's cool little things and you know, be able to influence my head like that. So thanks, Dad, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: That's good. It made the mark because we don't have much of that today and so you grew up with oversight and you took it to heart and acknowledge it and commit to it, and that doesn't happen nowadays, and so you're to be recognized for that.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Thanks, I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Past wet year in the forties. I'm in soon to be seventy nine. You have the baton. I don't have it. I've passed it to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir. I'll steward it as best I can. Everything that I take.
Speaker 3: I can see that in you, and I hear that in you.
Speaker 2: So I'm yes, thank you, yes, and that I can only do this to my family. Yeah, that's all I know. I mean, I do have a lot of the modern thoughts, you know, I'm growing up with technology. Uh, you know, I grew up in this you know, modern age that you say seems to be getting a little bit less personable and like less you know what about your neighbor kind of attitude and more like just yourself. Yeah, I kind of think.
Speaker 3: It's a land of single, single people. I mean, I grew up in a neighborhood and I don't believe people say it takes a village. It doesn't. But I grew up My grandfather was Justice of the peace. He was elected thirty two years and as his grandson, I couldn't step off the straight and narrow. He'd hear about it, and then I learn about.
Speaker 2: It, right, and that mattered, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, But he was the guy that took me out and we tap the sugar maple trees in the spring and make real maple syrup in his backyard.
Speaker 2: Right right. Delicious and healthy too for you. By the way, it's a good recovery fuel for after workouts, maple syrup yah, because of boxing. Come on, now I have to learn on, like, how do I recover this beautiful body of mine? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing to impart to the vets that you see subsequent to me or should get me on again, at least in the col area. We've got something really good and everyone should be made aware of it. And we keep trying to do that. And we have good support from the pharmaceuticals because it's it's a nonprofit organization, but we do reach out. We do a lot of things. They are constantly working. I helped recruit a couple of special doctors. Hey, you specialize and transplants to the bone marrow and you specialize in leukemia. Could give me one of our list of special doctors experts. They said, sure, I'll sign up on a problem. Just got to ask the question. So you can take this one group of veterans, guys and gals that have CLLL and they can come to our organization no charge, and participate at the level they want to and be quiet or be talking to or join the group like I did. I was so profoundly, positively affected. I said, I want to contribute to the success of this and they will have a home to where they'll be safe, to where they can find the right direction for treatment, and where they will meet. The founder, who has cl himself, he's a Canadian doctor, had to retire because our immune systems compromised. He was seeing the kids, and the kids, your kids get all the infections right right?
Speaker 2: All that sure, sure he doesn't need that. Yeah, he has to live still too.
Speaker 3: Yeah and so, And they have some recognition at the VA. I don't take it away from the VA, but the VAS are autonomous EAHVA building its own separate facility. They don't cross talk to the degree that one would expect. Like if you're out here, you're part of the Providence Hospital system. There's four or five different hospitals are all under the same umbrella. The VA is not like that. They're independent. I go to the Long Beach VA, and I've had good luck there.
Speaker 2: You hear that Long Beach those are that's a positive review for you, Long Beach VA. You keep that up Long Beach. Anybody out there working Long Beach pushing those soldiers, their mean and corman and everybody around, Navy sailors, everybody in those chairs. You guys keep it up in Long Beach and all the other VAS.
Speaker 3: They found they found my cancers. They in for meum and it's good. They took care of business with me. And then, like I talked to the attending I was his only patient. We talked for two to three hours.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's not really common.
Speaker 3: No, no, we really get ten to fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so it's it's.
Speaker 3: Good that that's there for the VET and we're here to help because we're able to focus on something separate with Salel Society to the benefit of the entire family, because not only would take you the patient, we help your caregiver, your spouse to learn what it is to be a caregiver. Okay. And we even have couples to where each of the couples has a form of cancer or leukemia, so they're patient and a caregiver to each other. Yeah, and that doesn't get any better than that. And those two, those two people see the same doctor I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No, it's it's it's it's it's good to have a support group. And you know, if somebody out there has served in Vietnam and was exposed to agent Orange, let's just point that out. And I'm going to put this out here, these numbers if you served from the sixties through nineteen seventy one, which was the end of the use of agent Orange. Okay, that's when it was officially banned by the US you used was seventy one. You should definitely be talking about this with someone or get a hold of the cl Society or hit up your local VA advocate. And then also if you're dealing with any types of issues after seventy one, because they banned it and they got rid of it in nineteen seventy eight by taking it to Johnston Island where they quote unquote destroy the rest of agent Orange to get rid of it. So if you were involved in any of that, Okay.
Speaker 3: Here's a deal. I'm sitting in the dermidologist having stuff cut off. The guy next to me was a Marina sight of Johnson Island and he had COO and because he was stationed there, barrel's leak there on the island.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here's the.
Speaker 3: Here's the other thing. Expand your paradigm just a little bit. Agent Orange was used in Korea and the DMZ Agent Orange was used in Thailand. So if you didn't, I had one guy who didn't ever touch Vietnam but landed in Thailand all the time. We'll use it there too. And the couple I told you about, the caregiver and patient to each other. He was an army artillery guy at his artillery unit was stationed at the DMZ of Korea when they were using it, and he has LPL which is a niche form of lymphoma stipe, and he has one hundred percent disability because he was exposed. He didn't go to Vietnam, but he's exposed to this evil stuff at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it was created, Yeah, it sure was it.
Speaker 3: We would land in d Nan because han orents. You can't land on the ship with ornents to stress the airplane or the flight deck was messed up or accident or something and or they couldn't get us. Some time, we're running on fuel, they have to go get some fuel. And we'd sit there and be on the taxiway and they have forehead canopies that opened up and had no air conditioned on the ground, so it had the canopies open. And we're on the taxiway and the helicopters are taking off and they're flying right over us. The spray arms are out and as it comes over, we're getting wet because it's not spraying but it's leaking, and we're going like, what's that stuff? Well, it's I don't know it's and so it was you know, just poo contact right.
Speaker 2: It was. That's legit, straight up. That's like the guy spraying it, except they're just taking off. You know. I can only imagine, like, you know, a helicopter filling up at a pool to put a fire out and they take off and it's still dripping half the pool's amount. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the way it was. And that's it.
Speaker 2: For it to always be a push and pull like is it attributed or not attributed, or like did this happen or does it exist a prior to enlistment and all these different types of things that we have to reroove excube to get your benefits. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very, very hard, and like I said, it took me three years, and it shouldn't take any of that three years.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't not at all. No, and no, and it should not. It should Here's.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal too. Always get the number two pencil on line paper and check their math three times. I had because they were very coye the way they do it. At the end of it, okay, we reviewed and we done this. We agree with what you had to say. There's nothing more to do. So we considered this matter closed. Well, no, so I sat down with a pencil and said they didn't do the math right. So I did it down and make copies and send it to my vso an angel, one of my angels. Then she submitted it, and finally on the third time, I'm visiting her down in her office through the American Legion and I went. She went upstairs to where the regional was and talked to the supervisor and said, you know, the veterans found another mistake that your group is sent him, and here's the proof where he's right and your people are wrong. And the supervisor looked at it and he said, give it here, stamp it's approved. But I'm telling me he's got you going to give it to the group. I believe him. He proved to me that he knows what he's talking.
Speaker 2: Like, call me a liar, bro, I dare you that's what you? Yeah, I wouldn't know. And I'm glad that you have to keep pushing for it. You know, your ratings, I'm just going to be an advocate for that. Keep pushing for your ratings. You can. You know, if you're at forty sixty, you should be pretty much one hundred, you know, like, why are you half of I mean, it's not a bad thing. It's okay to get that rating. You know, it doesn't mean you have the mark of the beast on you.
Speaker 3: Or here's some others. You got me on a roll. I'm on my box. There's one of the things. I have a guy going to and say, well, I've got this problem. I have a classmate. He said, I got a tumor and have my kidney taken out. And it was a great fruit size tumor on kidney. And I said, okay, well, you're in the navy thirty years, you're retired, you're on a but you win all these different places and you got your exposure, and so you're going to submit a claim to the VA because you don't get cancer over right, and certain kinds of are still growing. And he said, well, no, they're probably going to not agree to it. So I'm just not going to even submit it. I said, well, the VIA you will like you because you don't cost any money. But you know what, let the VA make that decision, not you.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: So he put it in and he got it.
Speaker 2: That's right, he got it. That's right. So whether you were involved in Asian Orange, or you were revolved some kind of crazy chemical, or you served in desert storm and you've gotten burn pits and Afghanistan and Iraq and you're dealing with any types of issues that are not fun. But your pride is standing in your way of going into the VA. Okay, don't do it when your wife has to push you in your sixty five. Do it now while you're in your forties, and you can go in there today, while you're still able to walk and talk and be yourself and get it done and enjoy it, yes, till it's like, oh, I really need it now, and it's already set in and the onset onset of everything has just happened, and now we're just going to carve you up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, seriously, seriously, it can give you another anecdotal, same deal. And it was a niche problem. That's not why the think in the acronyms dish. And this guy had this much data on three inches. My full folder for the VA is three inches thick of my journey with the VA, and he kept presenting it, this is the San Diego via And then at first the doctor said, I don't believe it is that and the other. And he came in and with an intercomologist and everything else, and he submitted that. And the doctor came back one day and called him back in and said, you've convinced me there is a relationship here. I'm going to approve your disability. You've got it. And I said, Steve, because there are always those who say, well, you're trying to gain the system or you're just you know, trying to take advantage of something that you didn't earn. Well, as I said to Steve the friend, I said, you didn't make the decision to get one hundred percent disability, but VA made a decision.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's not you the did you tell your friend exactly?
Speaker 2: You know what you tell your friend. Don't hate the player, hate the game, bro, That's right. Okay, Okay, hate the game, the game that veterans have to play, you know. But I'm grateful for my home and my VA home loan. Let me be honest. Sure right, I would be probably renting today if I hadn't had that VA home loan too. Okay, So I'm just gonna say, and I just want to say, you've been you've been wonderful. I've had you for this whole hour and we've just been going and I want to keep talking. There's so many stories, you know when you start saying fact and forward air controller and like I'm like, did you carry a pistol? Like, uh, you know under your armpit. Yeah. See, there's so many things I would love to so just you know, keep you around as long as you want to be, you know, hanging out with me on soft rep and bring it back and have some stories and pick your brain.
Speaker 3: It's might would be my pleasure, it would be my honor you here so well, call back and consulted and happy to contribute to the betterment of the brother and sisterhood and help people on their journey. And just like the people have been exposed such that you get this insidious blood cancer. It's not a tumor, can't cut it out and it never goes away. It's whack a mole. You knock it down. It's not terrible, Okay, you get to fight it. You total up my disabilities right now and I'm one hundred and eighty percent disable.
Speaker 2: So it gets everybody that raised their hand, everybody that raised their hand to say I will fight for this country can fight this cancer that they might be getting, or any of these problems too. Because you promised to fight, you made an oath to fight, you fight for yourself.
Speaker 3: It's like the very rescue guy. He says, I'm an oath years ago, I'm still ready to do it. That doesn't go away. And I said, you're right, we're on the same page. It doesn't go away.
Speaker 2: Both means something in the.
Speaker 3: Old classic it's a brotherhood slash sisterhood that anyone who's been there, done that understands that, and it never goes away if you cut of the right stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, what a great show, What a great show.
Speaker 3: For having me on. Thank you for consulting and yes asking I set this up.
Speaker 2: I can't even have You're so fun to talk to. It's it's we can keep going and going and going. But I'd rather do it in person or have some other like a five hour session with you. Maybe I can come over and sleep over and we can hang out. If mom says so, you know, it's like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Let me let me tell you that. I'll be happy to come back anytime.
Speaker 2: All right, Really, it's my pleasure, of my honor.
Speaker 3: I'm retired. I've got the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I figured, and you know, I've met a lot of folks, but there's only so many that could just like that, just sit with me, like come hang out. That's just like you're cool, bro. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your patience in the beginning.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, look at this beard. You see how long it is. You know how much patience I have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so much.
Speaker 2: I'm a patient. I'm a patient boy. You there, you go, Well, listen, I'm gonna I'm gonna wind down by saying we need to check out the CLL Society. This is Bruce Wright, a former commander, retired navy aviator uh top gun, awesome human being on this earth who helps his normal nextdoor neighbor, available on social media probably and you know, thank you for being on the show, Bruce, you for having me. And to my producer, Anton, I know you're gonna have fun editing everything and putting all of these things into keywords so we can click on them on the website at softwap dot com. So just know that once this is all done, sir, we'll have that put up on the website and the links will be clickable that we talked about because these guys listen to my podcast and then go back and re edit it all to make it all perfect. So there you go. And with that on behalf of Soft Rep and Brandon Webb former Navy Seal what's up Navy? And my father former Navy. I say, piece, you've
Speaker 1: Been listening to Self Rep Radio