Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all baby.
Speaker 1: At all at all. Don't given them black the bus bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to me to show.
Speaker 4: I don't joy.
Speaker 1: Ye joy they have.
Speaker 4: You got you.
Speaker 1: Turn love, turn.
Speaker 5: You got to turn, got to turn the mouth, turn you probably got to turn the mouth, turn out the money.
Speaker 1: Come come on you'll think that. Uh huh, I sure will come on and everybody, y'all listen to the voice. Come on, dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Yep. Yeah. Sometimes all I can say yelp, Man, how far I've come is really unbelievable. But you know I finally figured it out. Man. God allowed me to have the life I've had so that I can become experienced at so many different things. And in this experience, when I'm talking and sharing with people, I will be able to relate to a lot of different circumstances, not exact, but just the circumstances.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: You know, if a person comes to me and they say, man, I've been down and out, Okay, well I know what that is. Man, I didn't I didn't have any direction, Okay, got that been there, man at one point in time. Man, I just kept piering mistake on top of mistake. Okay, so you know U. I think what I'm trying to say to everybody is when you're going through life and life is dealing the cards that it deals, I want you to understand that life deals everybody these cards. The disappointment card, the setback card, the failure card, the mishap card, the unexpected misery card. Everybody gonna get, the grief card, everybody gonna get, the rash of bad decision card, everybody gonna get them. Understand that going in that everybody is gonna get these cards is how you play them, though, you know, from time to time, one more time, it's how you play them.
Speaker 6: Uh you know.
Speaker 1: From time to time when I'm watching TV, I love to watch the World Series of Poker. I like watching poker tournaments on TV because it's really weird. What's happened to sport? To a poker they're actually trying to call it a sport, you know, And as to everyday guy that doesn't have to be athletically inclined to anything, who has a shot of winning a title if they play their cards right. The best poker players in the world don't have the best hands. They just make the best plays. I've seen guys win a hand with nine to two in they hand that's nothing, and win their hand because they knew the bluff, they knew the odds, they calculated risks, they made the stakes higher than the other person was willing to pay. They gave off the illusion that they had something with in actuality, they had nothing. So what I enjoy about poker and watching it is that these people, these people here, play the hand they dealt and it ain't always a good hand. But it ain't whether your hand is good. And it ain't whether you're gonna get dealt bad cards or not, because you're gonna get dealt some bad cars. Everybody ain't finna get two bullets in their hand. You ain't finna get two aces when you get dealt. Uh. You know, when you playing draw poker, some of your cards gonna be nothing, But you gotta turn that nothing into something. So when you get dealt these cards in life, it ain't the fact that you getting to keep getting them dealt. I was talking with a young person yesterday and we were talking and we keep having the same conversation over and over and over, and they could not understand why they were not moving forward. But I said, you don't understand. Every time we talk, we have the exact same conversation. It is simply because you keep getting your cards and you playing them the same way. See. Until you make a conscience, the conscious decision to do something different, the results will continue to be the same. See here's here's here's the way this works. When you're dealt to disappointments in life, it's how you handle the disappointments that determine their outcome and who you are. Because everybody gonna be disappointment, Everybody gonna lose a loved one, everybody gonna make a bad decision, everybody gonna end wake up one morning and have done something they regretted. Everybody gonna get caught at the wrong time. Every everybody gonna make a mistake. It ain't just you. That is how you play your cards when they get dealt to you, that determine who you are. Now, how do I play my cards better? First of all, it's a mindset. Quit looking at everything as just the end when it happens to you. Oh lord, woe is me? No everybody got your circumstances somewhere. It ain't old woe as me. It's hold on, man, okay, let me play this out to see how God done connected this to something else. See. Soon as a person have a setback, what's the first thing A lot of people do. They go straight negative. I can't see even get a break. I can't seem to move forward. Hold on, man, do you realize this could be connected to something? See you got to understand, man, that this thing is all connected. That you not having these mishaps and these spills and accidents and falls for no reason. It's so you can become experienced at them. So when he takes you to the next level, when it happens again, you have no how and how to handle it. If you keep throwing yourself off the cliff every time something happened, you just gonna be a cliff divil man, Stop tripping yourself out. I was talking to this young person, I kept saying, and you know what, they tried to tell me. I'm trying to stay positive. But the people around here they just killing that. Oh. I see. So when you learn something and you know something, you don't take ownership of it. You allow other people to come into what you know and believe and shake it loose from you. I don't care who you are. You not doing me like that. Here's a deal. I have a gift that was given to me from God. That is the gift of comedy. That's what I've done. I've made the bulk of my living on that skill set. Right there. There are comedians who are supposedly friends of mine, who I've worked with, who get around in huddles with one another and they say, man, Steve really ain't funny. I don't see what they be laughing at. He ain't funny to me. He wasn't the funniest king to me. Excuse me, you're irrelevant in this conversation because irregardless as to how you feel about me, there are people think that I'm knocked down kill over funny. But more importantly, I own the gift that God gave to me. I take ownership of his blessing. Cause you don't think it's so. You ain't taking that from me. Stop letting people steal, yojai. Stop letting people take what you're supposed to know. Look, I'm a I'm a kind person at heart. Man, You ain't nothing. Now you sitting here going, man, I guess I ain't. What's your tripping for? You are a kind person, own that take ownership of it. Stop letting things God has given you be taken away from others. The devil is a cold player, and he got cold players working for him, just shaking, just taking stuff from you. You know, I'm a hard worker. I really am intelligent. You stupid man. I thought I was a hard worker. Man. They came in here and said I was stupid. Man, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. What excuse me? You're a very bright person. Hey, y'all take ownership. When God gives you something, blesses you with a gift, a talent, a skill set, a mindset.
Speaker 7: Own it.
Speaker 1: Don't let people come in here and take it from you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, I probably shouldn't have went that.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, it's about to go down. What you're talking about, Steve, What I'm talking about every morning, the start of something grand, the start of something new, the start of something spectacular. You know what I'm talking about, because it's about to happen to you, ladies and gentlemen. It is on and cracking here we are the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Give it to me, damn it, give it to me.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Crazy? Whoa hey, you do can what what I'm talking about? I can't stop him. I'm too much. They won't.
Speaker 2: Up shut up.
Speaker 1: Back then, they won't. That's the only thing. The only thing I miss about stand up is walking out gosh and walking off. Wow.
Speaker 3: What does that feel like.
Speaker 1: To make you feel? It's like it's the most incredible thing. Because as a stand up what can never replace stand up? It is simply the purest form of adelation that you can get from a crowd, because it's only a base on your ability to provide enjoyment for them. You're not you're not pulling at their hard strings. You're not you're not taking them back down memory lane with their favorite song. You're not doing sings. Ain't no such thing as a joke alone. Come on, come on, do this one with me, y'all. Two three people walk in the bar. Come on, you know it, everybody. Come on, black man, white man, Chinese man, Come on, y'all, y'all know this is a joker on It is none of that. It is the purest form of adolation that you can get from a crowd. And when you kill it, and I mean a ninety minute set, just you and you stand there for ninety minutes and you deliver gut wrenching laughter and you walk off. Oh my god, Oh my god. It is unbelievable. It is unbelievable, man. And when you do it well, and then to top all of that off, God has giving you the incredible gifts that you can earn a living at it. Oh man, oh man, oh man, I missed that too, man, Wow Jesus clad applause. So let me just say quickly, good morning to everybody on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, yeah you right now, good morning.
Speaker 5: Give it.
Speaker 1: One more time, give it to me. Let's clap it out. Let's just clap it all the way out today. Let me set up the show for you. Keep on day, don't stop. We got the clo coming up. We got oh oh, we all know we be back. Just show give it to me day. You're listening.
Speaker 3: Morning show.
Speaker 7: At the Salvation Army. Love gives beyond situation and season. While lights are sparkling and temperatures are dropping, you can be the difference for a family in need right in your local community, your donation puts presents under the treat today and food on the.
Speaker 1: Table all year long. By dialing pound.
Speaker 7: Two fifty on your phone and saying the key word the Salvation Army at the prompt, you'll have the opportunity to receive a one time autodial text message from I heard media that leaks to a donation form help a neighbor in need through the holidays and beyond.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that brank back.
Speaker 6: What you got for is nef This right here, Shirley is baby chick babysit y'all.
Speaker 1: Probably y'all ain't used to seeing nothing like that, baby chick. You know about that. Let's go ketdough. We're gonna drop it on him, baby chick. Let's go. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to reach Warren the manager. He is, which is wa thank you for calling. Are you the manager there?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: Your name Warren?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: This is one Okay. I need to actually file a lawsuit on y'all, and I'm actually calling you first to let you know that I'm getting ready to file a lawsuit on the whole grocery store. Uh for what did happened to me?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 8: Tom Let me let me get hold on a second. So let me do this. Let me let me what what did you say?
Speaker 1: Your name was? My name is Evans.
Speaker 8: Evans is my name, so Evans is your last name. Let me let me write this down. And you came into my store?
Speaker 4: Did you have an accident in my store or something?
Speaker 8: I'm not exact to show what you're calling about.
Speaker 4: I ain't had no accident. What happened was I came in there yesterday and I bought a bunch of grocers that I bought a card in the eggs right now. When I got home, I was chicken to make sure the eggs didn't didn't break on the way home. When I got home, it was a baby chick inside the egg caught man, one of the eggs had it had hatch and got my kids traumatized. Now they don't even want to eat breakfast or nothing around here because it's a baby chick play inside caught the eggs.
Speaker 9: That don't make no sense, man, sir, I don't mean to let me.
Speaker 8: Can you tell me it was a chicken, a baby chicken, actual chicken.
Speaker 4: In the baby chick inside the carton the eggs. Man, you got my kids traumatized. Man, don't nobody want nothing. You got eggs.
Speaker 8: If you just feel it, don't move out here, because if you're just calmed down for one second, listen.
Speaker 4: What I told y'all, put that chicken down in there. Put it down. You might have Rayze say what.
Speaker 8: I don't even think that that's possible. First of all, if you had any idea how this thing comes from the farm to the store, it is they go over these eggs a countless summer times, and the temperat and the phraser, first of all, wouldn't even allow for a chicken to be alive if you had a baby.
Speaker 4: I don't know I did this this one. I don't know how this one got tasked the system, okay, But what I do know is we got a baby chick over here running around because the odd show ain't doing what you're supposed to do. Man, and I got it, And now my kids are traumatized behind this.
Speaker 9: When did you say you in here?
Speaker 4: So I was in there yesterday. I bought the eggs yesterday.
Speaker 8: Man, down here at Alm.
Speaker 4: Street, Yes, I bought them. I said the grocery store. I sure did.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's do this. Why don't you bring me eggs into me and the chick?
Speaker 4: So now you want me to transport a baby chick back to the grocery store. I almost look we already traumatized over here, already behind this dog on baby chick.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm not I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to pull here, but I just don't I don't think why.
Speaker 9: First of all, any anyone or.
Speaker 8: Common sense will tell you that that's not possible. First of all, you can't have a baby chick living in a in a dozen eggs.
Speaker 9: There is no possible way that this.
Speaker 8: The temperature and my freezers are right above freezing. There's no chickens or fragile creature in the first place. You can't have a little bird that is not gonna survive the transport from the farm to the factory to my store.
Speaker 9: I'm not getting the look.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, I'm not gonna go back and forth with you shit you him boy.
Speaker 8: If you want to bring me a dozen eggs, bring the dozen eggs in if you can catch the chick, catch a chick.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you okay, you're just supposed to be the manager. You're not supposed to talk to me like that.
Speaker 8: So I'm a'll tell you as politely as possible if you want to bring in the leven eggs and a chick, I will gladly in front of your money, give you another car ass whatever.
Speaker 4: You want to do.
Speaker 9: But I'm not even know you what I want to have.
Speaker 4: But I'm got all a lawsuit because y'all have traumatize me and my kids.
Speaker 8: Sir, listen, all right, let's just bring this down a lossuit, sir, over a dozen eggs old.
Speaker 4: A dozen eggs that gotta baby chick in it.
Speaker 8: Man, So let me take your phone number as some information, and I'll talk to my manager and we will figure this thing out for you, because I just I just don't believe that this would be possible.
Speaker 4: I just I don't understand how you would have a Chicklet just leave them over there, don't touch the chicken.
Speaker 8: I just don't believe that this because possibly be happy. So this is it's unbereigualab to me to even get this.
Speaker 4: Something, sir. I don't have time to go back and forth with you about how something happened. All I know is it may be it's some fluit accident, Okay, but it happened. My kids are over here playing with a baby chick, and I'm traumatized. I don't even want to ever have breakfast up again. And I'm over to make show. I file a lawsuit on your store, and your show.
Speaker 9: Me I acertain anything to do with me. I didn't do anything.
Speaker 8: Except come into rus today. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: If you wanna found a.
Speaker 4: Lost okay, I don't file a lawsuit. I'm found lost on the grocery store, and I'm filing a lawsuit on the manager, Warren, Which is your for giving me a hard time about what I'm telling you that happen.
Speaker 9: You don't even got a hard time out of me like you I'm saying. I'm saying you are a hard time. Comes down here with that day.
Speaker 4: I'm bringing the bag down here, and I'm bringing that baby chick back down there. I'm bringing all of it said.
Speaker 8: I'd like to see it said, how much did you pay for those days?
Speaker 4: I paid by two dollars. It ain't about how much I'm paid for the egg. It's what you have trauma tized.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I don't give you just that much back of that. When you get here, you want to say, I don't give it.
Speaker 8: I'm go tousches out.
Speaker 9: Here and line the gemin prooper off my chickens and now something drop some telephone talking about some chicken and a grabbing egg.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let me let me tell you this too. Do you have a guy that works at the checkout name Tyrant?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, Tyrants got me the play p one call you. This is Nephew tire Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. One Y just gotta pray.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 8: Who's kidding you?
Speaker 4: Ay?
Speaker 9: And look, man, how need come old chicken? Chicken's going through egg?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 9: Man, I'm not I say that all I got people looking at me in this store like I'm crazy.
Speaker 4: Hey, one, I gotta ask you, man, what is it bad that? I mean, the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 8: Man, it's the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: You check out God, Tyring he got your bad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna get him too. I'm gonna put it back in produce. I'm gonna take him off the register, get him stack in ag.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm all right, all right? You are you coming up? Naxt and is Ask the CLO.
Speaker 3: Our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey is in the building right after this. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, time now for Ask the CLO. Go to Steve Harvey FM dot com to submit your question for our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Ready CLO. One time, Here we go.
Speaker 3: This one is from Monette in Alabama. Money says, I'm a twenty eight year old professional female and the love of my life is twenty nine. We are living proof that opposites a track. He's got his ged and he makes a great living as a construction worker. He cleans up nicely, and he is fine. There are two things that concern me.
Speaker 1: He uses street.
Speaker 3: Slang all the time, and I try not to correct him because it usually starts an argument. The other problem is that he's not open to try new things. So if we eat out, he gets chicken tenders or a burger.
Speaker 1: Are these big issues? Or am I being shallow? You be a real shallow shallow. You just said the love of your life man and your dreams opposite is a tract. He got a ged, This is his world, This is how he talked. Now he can get better, but when he go out, he go what's safe? See see, let me tell you this. So a lot of times people don't want to They don't like to embarrass himself by trying something. Can't pronounce it, don't know what it is, I ain't ever had. It might cost too much. So now, but where is it y'all going to? Everywhere y'all go? They got chicken tims. You might, he continues, ain't on the menu. You might can get him to try something else. So women oftentimes make their men better. Yes, So take him to different places, and you know, say, just you know, have him try some stuff on your plate. You know, let him get the chicken where he feels safe and comfortable. Then let him try some stuff on your plate. You may have a great you probably got a great guy him, but you'll let it dude go because he talks slave.
Speaker 3: No, that's true, all right, Tammy and Saint Louis says, I started a new job a month ago, and I worked with a lot of women, so I knew there'd be drama. Yesterday, on my way to lunch, my neighbor's fiance pulled up and I waved at him. As I walked by, one of my coworkers got in his car, They kissed and drove off. When I came back, the same coworker came to my office to tell me I better not tell my neighbor what I saw or she would slap the urine out of me. Let's say, I wanted to snatch her ponytail off, but I kept my cool going forward?
Speaker 1: How should I deal with her? Wow?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: What? What? What?
Speaker 1: There's nothing for you to do. It's absolutely nothing for you to do except say, listen to me. First of all, I'm not in your beer since you do what you want to do. But secondly, you're not finish slap me. Ever, I want you to understand that. Ever, yeah, behind now you don't don't worry about what I might say. But please do not think that I'm the person you're gonna walk over here and slap because I'm not. You could do whatever you want to do. I don't give a damn right. She's a bully. Come you run your ass over here on me. Yeah, I'm gonna whoop your ass. Did tell her?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Really? Wow? Work with it though, but you're gonna do something wrong. And then threaten somebody man. Yes, right now, you should be a little more discreet with your chi all right.
Speaker 3: Anonymous in Florida says, I'm a thirty year old single female and I work as a dental assistant for a prominent black dentist. For the past three years, we've been having an affair and he takes good care of me. He's my dad's age, and my parents are friendly with him and his wife. My parents have a big wedding anniversary dinner planned and the dentist is coming with his wife. I don't want to be around his wife, so I asked him not to show up. He said, his wife is looking forward to it, so they're coming. Why would he hurt me this way?
Speaker 1: That's her letter. Yeah, that's her question. How you think as the number two, you ain't gonna get hurt? But they all let your parents excuse me. He can't put you in front of his wife, right, His wife want to go. She looking forward to because they're cool with your parents. He coming, He coming with her? Yeah, thirty year old gotta grow up. All you gotta do is pop in and say hey and then disappear if you don't want to see it. Yeah, she can't anniversary. Okay, then sit down and deal with it. Three years. Look, you have been screwing this woman's husband for three years. That is a cost to that. And now you finish find out who got deals. Oh, he take good care of you. Ain't no problem. You can get taken care of But he got to take care of his house too.
Speaker 3: But you know what, Steve, she sounds too like she might do something stupid at this dinner, you know, like call him out or try to get him in trouble with his wife or something.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know why you do that. You been knowing the man was married. Yeah, See, when you play, when you play the dirty game, you got to be ready now to get some dirt on you, get some dirt on you. But but but the ain't no need to you snap it, won't You just find your own man? Yeah? Right, right? A date? But you stupid? So you just been seeing him, So he been seeing her and you you stupid. If you're gonna play the game, you know the rules. He takes really good care of me, Okay, cool, Just got to take good care of you.
Speaker 3: He's your dad's age, they're friends. He's got to come to the wedding anniversary. He has to think he's not coming, will find this out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta be cool, like you gotta get another job. There a dentists out there and another man. That's all all you gotta do is get another man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He takes such good care of me.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he takes better care of his wife. Yeah. Oh wow, Yeah, I just got real up in here.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to be around his wife, so she asked him not to show up. That's just crazy. How will he not show up to his friend's anniversary dinner? That doesn't even make sense. Then they'll really suspect something. The number two don't get to vote, make any demands. All right, thank you, Clo. Great advice is always.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 3: Morning show, all right, Steve. So you went on to tell us this roach story that I've never heard before in my life by roaches, So you have another one for it.
Speaker 1: Tell you about this girl I was dating that had all these votures and it was in infestation. She lost, She was fine, and you know, wasn't no cell phones back then. So my boy Biggie Wig. I told Biggie Wig to come and pick me up at a certain amount of time. I said, as a matter of fact, weig got called all you at your house if something changed thirty minutes before one o'clock and let you know if I need a little bit more time or nothing. So are we in there? We're playing cards. Roaches is every it's lights on anyway, It ain't nobody, ain't none of them Russian. But this way they stay. You're playing cards, and I know it's too many of them, many humans. And I done got up off the couch to play cards because I just they was on the couch, they was on the coffee table, They walked across TV screen, They was just everywhere. So I figure, at least let me set up in a wooden shell with four legs on it the least amount of exposure. Already, got cuffs in these bail bottoms I got. I got the damn near make coolocks out of these tirs. I took them because I got them two inch cuffs in these bail bottoms. I know they in here, Yeah, I don't get the hell well they in here? Yeah, they looking for a route. Some of they're just playing cards. The coroaches everywhere. I'm just flicking them, you know, just flicking them off with the cars and hands coming. And the girl's sisters was real nice. They was hood, but they were some nice girl. But lord, them girls talk trash when they play cards. So we're at we just accustoming each other. Yeah, you know, I've been. I've never been more bees according to women, the same. Look at you, little skinny Bee. What you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: Be?
Speaker 1: So I'm in there. So we just talking trash. So I look up at the clock and I said, let me go on in here and call Bee and tell him I be ready. About one thirty something happened. Man, I forgot the call. These roaches. It's one am now day in full blast. I don't know what it is about one am. Yeah, but roaches.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's clubs.
Speaker 1: They was all out for dinner that night, was strolling. They was with their families. You know, we were playing music. So they was out at the club. The club that was going to dinner. I was in the park. I don't know what be happening. Roaches was everywhere I'm talking about. Listen to me when I tell y'all, there was nowhere you could look and you didn't see a roach. Wow. So cool. All of a sudden the doe bell ring and her sister jump up and said, I got it. We're playing spade. So it was my plate. So I said, I got to get to this dough because I got to tell this fool, biggie wig big when you come in here, listen, they got a roach problem. I like the girl. Don't embarrass her, Just act like you don't see him. I had a whole speech, was matter of fact when I called him thirty minutes before. I was gonna tell it because he a good brother. But when you don't want him though, there wasn't no Texan, ain't no cell phone. I just didn't got So next thing I know, she at the door. So by the time I make my plate, all I hear is at the door. Damn, he's there. He's there. And then and it's all you here. He out there in the foyier, just stomping. I'm stealing, and I'm standing there just looking at it, and the and the sisters is mortified because he in here. I'm talking, God, nothing here. I only want see them and y'all don't see the man's baggety breaks is everywhere. God, they wonder loud that he calling me. I'm six ft away, but it's dog. He'll see. They weren't aloud. I'm just sitting here, man like man, you don't stop. And so he's shaking his coat, flipping his collar, he knocking them off the wall. He'd have pulled his hat off. Now he got a gangster brill, right, and a Mexico. So he pulls his hat off, and he was, man, they're all on the wall. Man, these mother blake is everywhere. Maybe I don't see this. He steady asking them, girl, y'all don't see this. I'm standing there with my arms folded, just humiliated. A roach fell off the ceiling and landed on his ears. God, he reached out with blady, Man, these mother blake's excepting where shot? And I'm just standing there looking at him. And then heal money off you here. I just went on and told the girl. I said, I said, hey, excuse me, hey, let me give me a coat.
Speaker 6: What you do?
Speaker 1: It was the end that was, And I kissed the girl on the cheek. I tell big, I said, come on, man, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, man, damn love, I know how you're sitting up in here. You see these man mahamma, over there, head down, everybody head because he'd have made a sing. So we get out to the car. So we standing at the door. He said, look, you're good, I said, big, you have to make all that man. Damn that man. Let's shake off man, he said, hey, and flip your cuss and your bell walking. No good? Hell, well here, so we outside. Damn there undressed. I just got the voevo dog. I can't get nothing in that. That was then over at the girl's house with the roaches.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, it's time for a round of would you rather? Would you rather play golf with your buddies or go fishing with your wife?
Speaker 1: I could do eas with Marjorie all the time. She don't listen. Hey, she already knows how to fish. Listen. She can't fish good as me. If she can catch fish for she end up getting it off and all that odds. Tomorrow, Steve, I can't get this along. Use your plies, baby, were on Instagram. I'm gonna look at it. Look it up. I know I said, baby, use your plies. That's Steve. I can't get to use your plies. Baby. I bought your fly. I bought I bought you some mess club. All you gotta do is get your applies out. You be done with this. You finished. Kill it. Damn fish, that is the objective. So you can get him, right, we throw fish back. We don't do that. Oh okay, you don't eat them. I'm gonna play golf with the boys. Okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you change your mind because at first you said either either world.
Speaker 1: But I haven't been fishing with Jay. She didn't hook my ass before. Oh man, oh.
Speaker 2: Wow that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm bleeding here, I'm emorrhaging. All right.
Speaker 3: Would you rather take cold showers for one month or only wash up for a month?
Speaker 1: Only wash up?
Speaker 4: What that? What?
Speaker 6: What you know?
Speaker 1: Just wash up? No shower, no bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, washing up. Yeah, I'm gonna take that wash up. That cold shower. Can't do it. Wash up. I'm gonna stand in No way. They're supposed to stand for you. They not. Who told you that?
Speaker 3: This doctor they say that help with inflammation, all of that, they're good for you.
Speaker 1: It ain't that much inflammation. That's way too.
Speaker 3: Well, don't athletes take their things?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of that them athletes? We comedians, ain't we don't need that. You're not athletic comedian? Yeah, I got inflammation jokes. All right?
Speaker 3: Would you rather have Thanksgiving dinner naked with your family members?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Or would you rather have Thanksgiving dinner alone fully dressed.
Speaker 1: A long family? Him mama when him MoMA sitting up, I won't tell you it ain't away, Jackie. Ain't your hand up in there? Marjorie mama sitting over there?
Speaker 5: Nicked?
Speaker 1: No, No, we can't do this. Last one.
Speaker 3: Would you rather cry uncontrollably when you get aroused or not be able to talk at all when you get aroused?
Speaker 1: Which? Yeah? Either one? One bunch of.
Speaker 10: Show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm beat. I just won't beat. I don't want to. I won't do to quiet crying interrupt your breathing pattern. I need to keep my breathing right. No, just give me to not talking? What is Tommy crying? All right?
Speaker 11: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Show, don't tell a lot though.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. Well, if you need help, this year with roasting a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 1: Butter Ball has a solution for you.
Speaker 3: The one eight hundred Butterball Turkey Talk Line is open at your service with turkey experts that are ready to answer any questions you might have, including how to pick out a turkey to buy, how to cook it, and what to do with the leftovers?
Speaker 1: What is all that for it? They will all because I have two turkey experts on the show, Me and Tommy calling that thing in one eight hundred number four eating that dry ass piece of meat.
Speaker 3: Somebody calls in and wants to know how to make their turkey not dry?
Speaker 1: What do you get your ass? A butter Ball electric turkey fry and stuff. All the guests work out of this mess. Butterball makes them. They are at Target, they are at Walmart. It's four minutes per pound. Yep. You cut that thing on three seventy five when the green light come on. They've got a big basket that will hold up to a nineteen pound turkey. You put that turkey in that basket. I'll interject I inject mine so it'll be extra flavorful. Drop it down in there and close the lid. I ain't just at that time. For huh, go ahead, I inject two days before. That's good and marinades in that good. That's a good idea. I told you had two turkey experts on this show two days before. You do not drop your turkey in that if it is frozen, think how still gonna be hugged?
Speaker 6: Yes, take it out in morning and let it pretty much get room tempt and then drop it right before its dinner.
Speaker 1: Right? How long does it take?
Speaker 2: You said?
Speaker 1: Four minutes per pound? Four minutes per pound?
Speaker 3: Almost said four hours per pound. Okay, I should have That's why.
Speaker 1: Eat at your house. That's a dry ass turkey. You done burned all the damn meating flave off your damn turkey. I know you said for something I can't remember four hours. So you have fried your turkey for thirty nine hours. You got a jerky, you'll pull your youre you eating you eating jerk turkey. Who was these turkey professionals that are answering the phone? Who is that? Yeah? Well, I mean they're from Butterball.
Speaker 2: They're from Butterball one eight hundred.
Speaker 1: Butter Butterball has the best and fried turkey tastes way better it tastes way bars, it beats the oven, my fauck. Yeah, it's hard to dry that turkey out because it seals it in with the crust on the chicken. It's just a better way to have turkey, y'all. I'm just telling you. You know, we've had it, but we do both ways. Every year we do fried turkey and roasted. Everybody like fried turky Yep, love turkey wings. Yeah, man, you don't you don't want. You don't want nobody in my family calling that line. It's gonna be many.
Speaker 6: Be calling in that butter Birker Butterball Turkey Talk last man, how y'all turn it on?
Speaker 1: Just plug it up? So click next call? All right, all right, this is what we're gonna do. I'm I'm the I'm the receptionist at the Butterball Turkey line. Y'all call in with questions.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, go all right, Hey, I got this fifteen pound turkey, and now can I stuff the turkey?
Speaker 1: And with some dress? I said? And then fried? Is that possible? Hell?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Click next question? Listen, how you doing? I'm John. I'm just calling to ask listen, if you can get the turkey? Can we cut the turkey up and drop it in in pieces? Is that what we do? Yes, you could do that, but didn't we tell you to just drop it in that hole? Read the instructions. That's what the basket is for. Drop it in hole.
Speaker 6: Next caller, wh yeah, mister butter ball, let me ask some They got this little red thing on the turkey that pops. I guess I don't know what the little red button. Hell, but my little girl to pull that off of there? Do I need that?
Speaker 1: Well, won't be no red ball popping on your turkey this year. Thank you for calling. Next caller, how do I season my turkey?
Speaker 2: What do I season it with?
Speaker 1: You said right there, that's why your ass don't need to be cooking? Next callar, How long do I defrost my turkey? How excuse me till this Thalla coming up? Coming up?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Turkey talk line coming up. Ask the question day ain't got no time, no long answer that the nation. Thank you for calling the ball.
Speaker 3: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after It's my strawberry letter for today, subject Thanksgiving surprise, and wait till you hear this Thanksgiving surprise. We'll get into it after after this, But right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got for his nef Your wife is having a black baby?
Speaker 12: Yes, it right, I'm getting your wife, Yeah, is having a black baby?
Speaker 1: Lord, get on board. Now do you remember that scene in life when they were baby.
Speaker 6: Been locked before, ain't got no problem making no ju.
Speaker 3: Just then.
Speaker 1: Brady was classic.
Speaker 6: It is your wife having a black baby. Hello, Hello, I'm looking for a William.
Speaker 1: How you doing? Listen? My name is Simmons. I was I don't know how to uh oh man.
Speaker 6: My wife and I evidently go to the same uh fertility specialist that you and your wife go to doctor.
Speaker 1: Doctor you know? Are you familiar with doctor?
Speaker 11: I'm familiar with doctor. But that's supposed to be confidential.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm aware of that as well, well, Sir. My wife is out on business right now. She's she's gone for I won't be back until tuesday. But I got a call today, a very disturbing phone call, and wanted to you know, I looked your number up.
Speaker 1: They did tell me what was going on and kind of wanted to let somebody told.
Speaker 4: You my number?
Speaker 11: You got you got my number from somebody.
Speaker 1: No, I looked up your number. Uh here here it is in that show My wife and I.
Speaker 6: Evidently you and you and your wife have been going through the same type of problems of trying to get pregnant and so forth and so on, and uh, from my understanding, your wife is what four or five months pregnant.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 11: Wait a minute, my wife is exactly five months pregnant. But I'm still confused on how you're getting in touch with me and what this has to do with me. Well, I mean, all that stuff that we've gone through is totally confidential, and I'm kind of offended that you're calling me.
Speaker 1: I understand that.
Speaker 6: Well, what's what's happening is I got a phone call from the doctor's office today. It seems like there's been a huge mistake by the doctor's Evidently your wife has been artificially.
Speaker 1: Inseminated with my seed. And I was.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm just as disturbed as you are, you know what I mean, because I mean me and my wife are you know, my wife is too much pregnant and finally.
Speaker 11: How could they do something like that? I mean, that doesn't make any sense me, sir, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: All I know is is that you know.
Speaker 6: I hate to use the expression, but I'm I'm I'm your wife's baby's daddy.
Speaker 4: And and.
Speaker 11: No, okakay wait a minute, no, no, no, no, so.
Speaker 10: That't that doesn't.
Speaker 11: Happen, no way.
Speaker 6: So I'm trying to make sure I bring the news to you and see if there's anything that we can do to I mean, i mean, after being five months pregnant, it's kind of hard to rect to fight a problem.
Speaker 11: So I want this to sound rude, and I don't want to sound wrong. You said, baby daddy, are you black?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah black?
Speaker 11: And my wife is gonna have a black baby.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, your wife is gonna have a black baby. But what I want you to know is I'm not paying non support.
Speaker 4: That's what about child.
Speaker 10: Support, and my wife is having some other black dude's kid.
Speaker 11: Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. No, I'm not out of my mind.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying I didn't lay down and conceive a child with your with your wife. So I'm making sure I'm not gonna be paying enough child support.
Speaker 10: Man, I'm not even worried about the child support.
Speaker 11: I don't pay the chold support.
Speaker 10: I'm worried about some doctor making a huge mistake.
Speaker 4: And and oh my god, your wife is having it's gonna have.
Speaker 10: A black baby.
Speaker 11: I can't believe that this well, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 10: It's unbelievable, and I can't believe you call my house, give me the doctor, should give me this.
Speaker 1: Don't you want it?
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter who gives you the news, as long as you get the news. Now what I want you to do with this? Please don't be giving the baby no white name and stuff.
Speaker 10: I can't believe that you're so this is incredible, incredible. Oh my gosh, call me.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to give me the I'm ready to go crazy.
Speaker 4: This is crazy, Okay, this, this is this is.
Speaker 1: No reason to be violent, sir. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: This already violent. You're you're worried about me about paying child support and talking about.
Speaker 10: Your seed and and your baby's daddy.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 11: Oh man, this this is bringing the.
Speaker 8: Best out of me.
Speaker 4: I can promise you.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable, man, Let me let me ask yourself, sir, do you think you may need angle management?
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not gonna Are you gonna? You're not gonna. You're not gonna beat my child?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, you know how to push a man's buttons.
Speaker 11: I can promise you. Man, that's crazy. No, I ain't gonna beat nobody's baby.
Speaker 1: I don't want you being violent to me and your wife's baby.
Speaker 11: Spin this thing around?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 10: Where do you live?
Speaker 1: Man? Who this? Okay? Is this?
Speaker 11: Because I'm oh man, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: Well, here's what I'm gonna ask you. Do you think you might want to be the godfather to the child.
Speaker 4: To my own kid?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 11: Well, I guess it wouldn't be my kid.
Speaker 1: Because me and your wife's you.
Speaker 4: Don't you say that you're crazy?
Speaker 10: Don't you say that, Say that that drives me even thinking about something like that.
Speaker 4: It's me talk about something.
Speaker 1: Like that, but it's me and your wife's child.
Speaker 11: Take So, don't you even talk like that you're crazy?
Speaker 10: Tear a hole in your head. Don't you talk like that?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you're gonna tell a hold and who.
Speaker 3: Hey you in your head?
Speaker 1: You're crazy?
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 6: This is the kind of thing I don't want my child around. This time, this type of talk, this type of violence. So your white folks get mad and want to everybody in room. Don't you care who you mad at? Why do y'all do that?
Speaker 1: You you this?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Can I can? I can I say one more thing to you?
Speaker 4: Can I do that?
Speaker 10: I don't know if I can take any more of this to me?
Speaker 11: Man, I'm jumped to the phone.
Speaker 6: I got one more thing to say to you. This is Nephew timing from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your wife.
Speaker 9: Oh he's gonna kill that.
Speaker 11: It took us so long trying to get tegnant. She's gonna play play a game like this.
Speaker 4: That's I got me, man, you thinking? God me? Man?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we listened to Steve Harvey radio show all the time.
Speaker 11: Man, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: He doesn't great.
Speaker 11: Oh man, I'm gonna go find her and give her a big kiss.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do that far. God, Man, I got one.
Speaker 6: I got one more question for you, baby. What is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 10: The Steve Harvey Radio Show in the morning.
Speaker 1: But y'all think about that? Yeah? Yeah, I have no words too much? I really really wrong on so many no words. But did you like it though? Yeah, I'm gonna pray for you though I am. Oh, they praying for me all over the pray harder. How do you like something you got to pray for because it's funny. I don't know. Man, he don't be nervous nothing. He just out public, just shopping.
Speaker 5: That's his job.
Speaker 1: No, No, I be nervous in public, then I'd be nervous. I had a few people run up on me. You haven't run up on me. You have a feel of ass whooping coming. You have a feel one cam Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got better than that. You ever had it? Come? Yeah, I'm talking about had the feeling and then it arrived right.
Speaker 6: Come come December eight, nineteen, Oakland, California. I a man tail two short to blow the whistle because the nephew're coming to downright. That is Tommy t December eighth, ninth, and tenth, and then that place I have never been, Tacoma, Washington, December fifteen, sixteen to seventeen. Nate Jackson, Super Funny Comedy Club. Nate, tell them baby nephew, come coming up at.
Speaker 1: The top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Strawberry letter, the subject Thanksgiving surprise. Wait till you hear the surprise. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for my Strawberry Letter and listen. If you need advice and relationships on dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 1: Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here.
Speaker 3: It is Strawberry Letter, subject Thanksgiving Surprise.
Speaker 1: Wooh.
Speaker 3: Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm a fifty seven year old married man and I'm on my second marriage. My wife has two daughters from a previous marriage, and they're both grown and live in different cities. The oldest daughter is twenty nine now and she has a one year old son. My wife is looking forward to Thanksgiving because she will have the girls home and she can spend quality time with her grandson. But I'm not excited about us all being under one roof because because I had an affair with the oldest daughter. It started when she was twenty seven and she moved back in with us briefly to save some money. She was very flirtatious, and she'd rub my head when she hugged me and sit on my lap to talk to me and call me handsome whenever her mom wasn't around. One night, while her mom was asleep on the couch, she took a bath with a door cracked, and I mistakenly went in to use the bathroom. This was the first time we had sex, and I felt terrible, and so did she, so she moved out the next week. The next week, my wife insisted that I help her move, so I did, and we had sex the second time at her apartment.
Speaker 1: The affair went on for a while. You ready for this.
Speaker 3: The affair went on for a while until she got pregnant. We've had a paternity test, so I know it's my son, but my stepdaughter has her boyfriend thinking.
Speaker 1: It's his son.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted a child, but my first wife couldn't have children. I want to be part of this child's life so badly that I'm willing to end my marriage if I have to. I will not allow another blo boy to grow up without a father. I know this is all a big mess. But I'm ready to tell the truth when we're all together for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: My wife will be heartbroken. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Am I being selfish in this situation?
Speaker 5: Whoo?
Speaker 3: That's the question you want to ask her? Are you being selfish? I mean, really, that's it that responds is woo? I mean, how dare you write us with this mess? I mean, Steve and I we are in this. You did this, You did this with your stepdaughter, your stepdaughter, dog, your stepdaughter.
Speaker 1: And it's foul. This is foul right here. This is so foul.
Speaker 3: If you had to cheat on your wife, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this, if you just had to cheat on your wife, if you could not keep it in your pants because someone was flirting with you and rubbing your ball head and sitting in your lap, Honestly, I would have rather for you to step outside the marriage then to get with your wife's daughter. I mean really, that would have made more sense. Now you and your stepdaughter have a son together that she had to lie to her boyfriend about, and she has a boyfriend thinking the baby is his. This is so wrong on so many levels. I mean, just lie on top of lie on top of lie. I'm hurt for your wife. I'm hurt for her and she doesn't even know what's going on yet, all because you couldn't stay away from her daughter. Why did you allow her to sit on your lap and all that?
Speaker 1: Anyway, why did you do that? Why didn't you say no? Why didn't you get up?
Speaker 7: You know why?
Speaker 3: That's the part that's killing me. And you know what, there's no good ending. There's no way to end this nicely or respectfully. There's no good ending to this nightmare of a story.
Speaker 1: There just isn't.
Speaker 3: There's no way to make it right. I want you to leave. I want you to get a divorce and pay child support for your son because I feel at some point the truth is going to come out anyway, it really is, is whether you tell your wife a Thanksgiving or not. And what a way to spoil Thanksgiving dinner. I bet you guys are going to continue to live out this lie until something happens. This is just a mess, it really is. Are you being selfish in this situation? You have always been selfish in this situation?
Speaker 1: Steve boy boy, Yes he did, Yes, sure, sir, you are in so much damn trouble right now, you have not seen the trumble. See you know. Look, I tell my sons all the time, the older you get, the more dire the consequences for your mistakes, because as you get older, you're supposed to get better at handling errors and situations to help you to avoid the big mistakes, you know what I mean. Look, you're gonna always make mistakes till you leave this world, but you try to get the big ones out the way early. You know, before you you fifty seven, it's half a hundred years you've been here. Over your stupid ass. That is this ignorant ass mess that you that wrote us like we got some help for you. We don't have no help for you, all right, see you hang on, hang on.
Speaker 3: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. My Strawberry letter for today's subject Thanksgiving Surprise.
Speaker 1: We'll get back.
Speaker 3: Into it right after this listen, Morning show. All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject to Thanksgiving surprise.
Speaker 1: Sir, fifty seven year old man, you so ignorant. Ignorant, fifty seven year old married man that had an affair with your stepdaughter when she moved back in because she needed to get on her feet. She was twenty seven years old, always calling you handsome. Y'all had sex while your wife was asleep on the sofa. You felt bad, She felt bad, so she decided to move out the next week. Then your wife tells you help her move you over a the apartment having some most sex. Now she twenty nine, so y'all been having this affair for two years. All this started when she was in there taking a bath and left the dough crack. This is what you said when this happened. One night while her mom was asleep on the couch, she took a bath with the doe cracked, and I mistakenly went in to use the bathroom. Boy, yeah, boy, how big is y'all bathroom? And they only had one? Well, when the dog cracked, you mistakenly went in to use the bathroom. When you open the door and you saw in the bathtub, you ain't turn around, right, bro. Now the fair been going on for a while. Then guess what he said? Until she got pregnant. Now she got a boyfriend and got the boyfriend thinking it's his son when it's really your son. And you've always wanted a child, even from your first wife, but she couldn't. And now you want a son so bad you're willing to leave your wife so you can have relationship with his son because you did. Here come the noble part you throw in, because I will not allow another black boy to grow up without a father. He got two damn daddies. Yeah, we don't feel sorry for you, bro. Let's tell the truth. You don't want to leave the mama so you can raise the son. You want to leave the mama so you can have the fleeing with the twenty nine year old. Come now, that's really what you talking about. I want this son so badly, I'm willing to leave my wife so I can raise this something for what dog?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Doc?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 1: How? That don't even sound right to no damn other man? So how you think that's gonna work. You're gonna wait on Thanksgiving? She gonna come to the house with the baby with her boyfriend. The other daughter gonna be there, You and your wife gonna be sitting up there, and then you gonna tell her what happened. That young ass boy gonna whoop your hands. I'm talking about who he gonna go off, the other sister gonna go off your wife. Lord, have mercy, what you're gonna do to this woman? See, bro, this is a disaster now it is. Do not wait to Thanksgiving right, thank you? But if you're gonna go in here with this noise going here right now, if that's what you're gonna do, and I don't really know what you should do. Really, I really told you that Shirley got it right. I don't know what you write us for. We ain't got nothing for you. There is no right way to do this because everything about it is wrong. See. People think if I just come clean to be honest, that's the right thing to do. What it is still a mess? Hey man, honesty. See, let me tell you something. When you've been so dishonest for so long on so many levels, how do you think one moment of honesty is supposed to correct it all? You think by coming clean at least I came clean, at least.
Speaker 7: You You've been screwing this woman for over two years, your wife's daughter, she.
Speaker 1: Got your son. You're finn to ruin your relationship with your wife. You find to ruin the mother and the daughter relationship. Oh, Yeah, it's gonna damage the other child's relationship, the other sibling with her sister. How could you do this to our mother? Yes, you ain't gonna be right with the two of them no more. The boyfriend been buying these pamples and everything. He gonna warn your ass because now he's been paying money thinking he had something. Now you find to tell him it ain't his son, it's your son. And now you was over here screwing my girl dog. Do you understand the complexity of all of this that's going on? Have you lost your ever loving mind? Now you think, Oh, Thanksgiving? It's the time while everybody there. Boy you you that, sir, listen to me. It's gonna be food everywhere. It's too muchy, it's too many knives that Thanksgiving. Oh, you're gonna get busted over your head with the yellow mold, gonna dunk your ass down in the punch bowl. Try to drink, sir, Sir, it's terrible, surely, And I do not have an answer for you. You don't know what you're gonna do. This is a mess, and you're gonna figure it out. But you're gonna pay. Bro. All I can tell you is you're finish pay daily for this. Now you can try the little noble line you tried with me. I'll not see another black boy raised without fu Yeah, good, trouble dog, it's really bad. Hey, before I go happy Thanksgiving? Yeah, gobble gop know how I went?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really? All right?
Speaker 3: Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand. Please you're listening Hardy Morning show. All right, So Thanksgiving hosting mistakes you don't want to make now check these out. Whether it's your first time hosting Thanksgiving or you've been doing it for years, you can learn from the mistakes of Thanksgiving past. Number one, topping the list. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This means don't use Thanksgiving to test out new recipes.
Speaker 1: Just stick to what you know. Just stick to what you know work, all right, basic dressing, the mac and cheese, all of the go ahead to do your list so we can get to the real this show. Okay.
Speaker 3: Number two, Tell guests what to bring and be very specific, all right. If you tell them to bring whatever they like, you could end up with twenty five bottles of wine, a gas station package of cheese and crackers.
Speaker 1: You know you never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: You just never know, So be specific when you tell guests that keep the kids entertained and mess.
Speaker 1: Free, all right, make sure of that.
Speaker 3: No slime, no legos, people walking stepping on you know, hurting themselves.
Speaker 1: You know those will end up everywhere. And the last one.
Speaker 3: Only allow people who can really cook in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: First of all, don't bring a damn thing we don't need. We don't need, We got all it.
Speaker 6: Second of all, don't bring no containers, empty containers for you to take some back.
Speaker 1: You ain't taking nothing back because you ain't bring nothing.
Speaker 13: But you're told them not to bring nothing for dirty thirty you're leftovers.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: You are only allowed one to go plate. And when you put the fall on top of it, it must be level. Val can't be no mountain. And then you got wrapped up. No, yeah, here go another rule.
Speaker 12: You can't get a second place to everybody eight see your ads back in their folk cana.
Speaker 1: Jordan ain't got here yet.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, here there. This is how you know when the first football game is over.
Speaker 1: Your time here is over what you're putting him out. Yeah, that's it. One game you one game, it's two games on thanksget I think it's three another being here cutting on this sweet potato pie to big Mama say so yeah, just being here cutting on pie. Big Mama ain't told nobody to cut the pie. You're cutting the pie for another pie.
Speaker 3: Cutting time, angry things, give me true hell won't for the kids?
Speaker 1: Kids is easy? Six out, behind down, that's it. Get up, just get up. We're fixing the kids plate.
Speaker 6: They don't fix their own plate, and they're gonna eat all of it or we're gonna whoop your hands.
Speaker 1: Go inta. Stop making that rugged ass yello mold. Don't nobody won't it? Yeah, damn yell with the milk and don't nobody won't that. You're listening.
Speaker 3: Morning show? All right, Steve, it's time for comedy roulette.
Speaker 1: Jay, take it away.
Speaker 2: He hates explaining, But.
Speaker 1: Why do you use plain, James?
Speaker 2: We have new listeners that have no idea what we're doing. Every day we got new every day.
Speaker 1: We have new listen.
Speaker 13: Alright on, Jay, you take five subjects, put them on the wheel, spun the wheel.
Speaker 2: That's what sure, they hates spun it hard, I mean spun it around.
Speaker 1: No, I hate you?
Speaker 2: And then which stop? We do the damn thing?
Speaker 1: Here we go?
Speaker 3: Number one, forget that, I'm still mad about it. Number two in the shop. My behind sounds like repo to me.
Speaker 1: Number three? But have you seen the baby's daddy though?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Number four?
Speaker 3: That's why I can't nobody stand you?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Number five, I know I'm gonna be unpunishment for what the heck?
Speaker 1: That's what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: That is? What the hell? What the.
Speaker 2: You can't get a.
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Number five? I know I'm gonna be on punishment.
Speaker 2: Work, let me tell you what's that?
Speaker 1: Say? What?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: I know I'm gonna be on punishment, but what the hell?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: Number five?
Speaker 11: Here we go.
Speaker 13: I know I'm gonna be on punishment, but I'm eating that last pig. He's a chicken just waiting for daddy.
Speaker 1: I'm keeping.
Speaker 2: He hungry, and I'm hung right now. He ain't gonna be here to six. I'm hungry right now. I'm eating that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna be on punishment. I'm gonna do this anyway. What the hell I'm knocking my cousin out. I'm tired of taking my toys and I can't get my toy.
Speaker 2: Back his hands right here in my room. I don't even care.
Speaker 14: I'm but I'm knocking him the hell out.
Speaker 1: Come on, I got boring.
Speaker 6: I know I'm gonna be on punishment, but I'm sneaking this girl in my mama room.
Speaker 1: No matter what, I'm going.
Speaker 2: What what that's the best bed in the house. What are you talking about? It's going my mama bed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna be on punishment because them street licen and came on. But Brenda still sitting on her steps. I'm down here with print beat my ass. If Brenda still on her step, I'm down here house. I'm not going I'm down here right now, standing out here talking my third story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna go down.
Speaker 13: I know I'm gonna be on punishment, but the new shoes cost me twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Mamma, purish wide open.
Speaker 1: I'm getting that.
Speaker 2: I'm going in now, yo, Mama.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be on, but we get the Grandmama house.
Speaker 1: I'm telling her how you beat me.
Speaker 14: I need some justice, telling everything. This will wait too long and too abusive to beat me like that. Wait till we pull up in the girl, Wait till we pull up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I got one.
Speaker 6: I know I'm gonna be on punishment, but come leven thirty the night when my mom and daddy go to bed, I'm back in this Cadillac.
Speaker 1: I'm going to see Regina because you and me.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna be on punishment because I'm supposed to have this car home by midnight, But we still kiss. We steal hell, I will be Are we steal steal? I'm we kisses so hard right now?
Speaker 3: Yet you're listening hard morning show. All right, so here's a question for Tommy, Carla, and Junior. What in the world is going on in Houston? They this made national news. Two men were arrested last week in Harris County, Texas for stealing forty six packs of oxtails.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, oxtails. Guys. Come on, uh these two themes. You guys heard about it, right, Carla.
Speaker 3: The two themes robbed four different grocery stores and stole close to twelve hundred dollars worth of oxtale. The duo was caught during a routine traffic stop when an officer noticed a large amount of unbagged meat on the back seat. They were arrested and charged with theft aggregate, and their bail was set at twenty five hundred dollars each.
Speaker 1: So I don't condone it, but I understand. I mean, I mean, what do you understand? Because you love our sales, the price sales.
Speaker 12: Sales right now, and I was I was going, I was going home and going to buy something, dude from these That's why I'm mad.
Speaker 7: We understand and made them. There's some more people need to be in jail. Yes, yeah, them over the time. We need to march for them.
Speaker 1: Let out. Don't understand what freedom for a pack of ox?
Speaker 2: Don't understand that all dollars.
Speaker 3: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we will play around would you rather?
Speaker 1: Right after this?
Speaker 3: You're listening hard morning Show? All right, guys, it's time for a round of would you rather? Would you rather play golf with your buddies?
Speaker 1: Yep? Or go fishing with your wife? I could do each with Mardrie all the time. She don't listen, he she already knows how to fish. Listen, she can't fish good as me. If she can catch fish for she up getting it off and all that us tomorrow, Stee, I can't get this on long. Use your plies, baby, were on Instagram. Go look at it. Look it up. I know I I said, baby, use your flies. Steve, I can't get to use your plies.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 1: I bought your fly. I bought. I brought you some mess club you got is get your applies. You be done with this. You finish, kill it down fish that is the objective. So you can hear him right, release we throw fish back. Oh okay, you don't eat them. I'm gonna play golf with the boys. Okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you change your mind because at first you said either either world.
Speaker 6: But I haven't been fishing with Jay. She didn't hook my ass before. Oh man, oh.
Speaker 1: Wow that yeah, I'm bleeding here. I'm emerhaging. All right.
Speaker 3: Would you rather take cold showers for one month or only wash up for a month?
Speaker 1: Only wash up?
Speaker 7: What that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What you know?
Speaker 3: Just wash up?
Speaker 1: No shower, no bad Yeah yeah yeah yeah, wash it up. Yeah. I'm gonna take that wash up, that cold show. I can't do it. Wash up, I'm going to stand in that way. They're supposed to be standing for you. They not who told you that?
Speaker 3: This doctor they say they help with inflammation, all of that, they're good for you.
Speaker 1: No, it ain't that much as well. Don't athletes take their things? Yeah? Yeah, all of that them athletes? We comedians. We don't need all that. You're not athletic comedian. Yeah, I got inflammation jokes, all right?
Speaker 3: Would you rather have Thanksgiving dinner naked with your family members?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Or would you rather have Thanksgiving dinner alone, fully dressed, a long.
Speaker 1: Family, whole family than him? My mama? Where in him? Mama sitting up? I don't tell you. Ain't away, Jackie. Ain't your hand up in there? Mardie? Mama sitting over there? Neked, No, no, we can't do this. Last one.
Speaker 3: Would you rather cry uncontrollably when you get aroused or not be able to talk at all when you get aroused?
Speaker 1: Which I knew both of them? One either one bunch of.
Speaker 10: Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm be. I just won't be. I don't want to cry. I't don't want to quiet. Crying interrupt your breathing pattern. I need to keep my breathing, right, Nah, just get me to not talking. What is Tommy crying? All right? You shown tell a lot though.
Speaker 3: Coming up at forty nine minutes after, we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey and it'll be our last break of the day.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 3: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, here we are last break of the day on this Tuesday. You have some closing remarks for us.
Speaker 4: I know you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've been talking to you all a few times about this thing that I've started doing every morning, this morning meditation. It's a series of things I do. You don't have to do it. Everybody has to pick their own way to go about it. I just decided because of a scripture that I read Psalms five and three and Psalms five and three. It just talks about in the morning, and just talk about when you talk to God in the morning, you're asking him to hear your voice. And then after you ask him to hear your voice of everything you pray and talk to him about, asking to show gratitude. You wait in expectation of all these things to happen in your life. You know not. Look, everything you ask are not gonna happen today, but you spend your day in expectation that God is gonna do something to move you closer to your goals, your dreams, your visions, and especially to Him. But what I have learned about this morning meditation and it has bought about a pizza in my life that I've never had before. I'm just sharing it with everybody because I'd like for you all to try it. Look, they got these daily inspiration books all over the place. The one I got is called Enjoying Peace and His Presence by Sarah Young. It's just a three hundred and sixty five day devotion, or you can pick anyone you want. You know how they have a little message of the day and then they back it up with a couple of scriptures. And look, man, I'm not being religious with you at all, because your faith doesn't matter to me. I'm just talking about a method, this morning meditation. And what I do is what it does is is after I get through meditating and say the Lord's Prayer and I read my little daily daily inspiration, I got a Bible app and I do my Verse of the day, and then I go look it up in the Bible, and I look it up in the New Living Testament so I can understand the real words. And before I close out, I pull out my list of everything that I'm thanking God for, which is a full sheet of paper. And then I have a second sheet of paper that stuff I'm asking God for, which is another full sheet of paper. What I've learned in this meditation is that it has given me a peace that has transcended my intellect. And what I mean by that is what I've discovered. What's happening to me, and it might be happening to a lot of you, is when most of your mental energy goes into trying to figure everything out, which I can't tell you how much of my morning I used to wake up in the morning and began to figure every try to figure everything out. When you're trying to figure it out the peace that God can really give you, you're you're not capable of receiving that because you're in the wait with your mindset. See you so busy trying to figure it out that you don't you don't leave room for God and what God, God kind of looks in your head and probably looking at all these thoughts spinning around and around and going nowhere and accomplishing nothing, and all the while, this piece that he has for me had been kind of hovering over my head, searching for a place to land. But I wasn't given his peace a place to land in my head because I had it so jumbled up with thoughts of how to figure it out, what I'm gonna do, who should I call, what should I say, how do I respond? And for the past month I've stopped doing that. All of a sudden, it just gave me an incredible peace that he had been trying to give to me for years. I wish I had learned this a long time ago, but maybe it can help you out the way it has helped me. But I guess we all learned stuff as we go along. You know, we are all slowly becoming the person that we should have been a long time ago. I also learned of late that it takes your entire life life to find out everything there is to find out about yourself to be who you really are. It takes your entire life. This person that I become has become a person more at peace as all the controversy and things swoil around me. God has given me a real calmness in the eye of the hurricane, and we all can be the center of the hurricane if we just refuse to step out and to swirl us around us, and it's all around us. It's relative to who you are. Some swels appear bigger than other swirls because of the level you've reached in life. Some people might look over there and go, man, that ain't nothing, But in they world it could be everything. It could be monumentous. So who am I because it's all relative as to where we are. You know, we all got our different crosses to bear. But the one thing I've learned about this morning meditation has given me a peace beyond my intellect, and it is to just have a calmness that I haven't had in a long time. And I don't have to respond to everything. Because everything that somebody's saying about you, and everything that somebody's doing towards you, that's meant for evil. That ain't your business, and don't make it yours. Don't even worry about it. Those people have no idea that God's weighs are as high above the earth as the heavens. They have no idea. They just operating in their own little cocoon, thinking they staring up something because they got some likes or something like that. Hey, y'all, don't get in that. Don't worry about ten people. If you love God and you a child of His, He's working on your behalf, even when it looks like it's a mess out there. All you got to do is stay at the eye of the hurricane. Don't get in the swirl, don't go out there. If you stay centered in Him, he'll give you a piece that transcends all your intellect. That's what the Morning Meditation has done for me. I would invite you all to try it yourself. All right, that's it today. Those are my closing in marks.
Speaker 3: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show