Speaker 1: Hey, guys, is Zach and Donald here. We have a bit of bad news. It was just brought to our attention that Sam Lloyd, who plays Ted the lawyer on our show, passed away. And for me, this is this is really this is this is heartbreaking. Sam was a very very amazing person and he used to he had a we talk about it on the podcast, but he was a part of a band called The Blanks. And I remember realizing that Sam wasn't just a really funny actor, but he was also a really talented singer. And I played basketball with him, and he was a very good basketball player. And you know, he was also a good friend, and he was.
Speaker 2: The nicest man I think I've ever met. He was so sweet and kind and just love to laugh. I mean when you know, he would come on and play that super nerdy lawyer character, but he would We would all just crack up so hard with Sam. And interestingly enough, he was a really good basketball player, right, Donald, Man, I know.
Speaker 3: There's an amazing basketball player. I remember I was.
Speaker 1: I used to play in this league called the NBA Entertainment League. And the only qualification that you needed to have to be in the NBA Entertainment League was be in the entertainment industry, and I would try to recruit Sam every Sunday to play for my team, and he would say no, because the Patriots are playing and I can't miss the Patriots play. And I just thought he would be such like he would be such a he would be such a secret weapon because nobody would assume that Sam Lloyd could play basketball that well.
Speaker 3: And he was assassin on the court. He was a killer on the court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like his character, I know that he found love, true love later in life and just had a baby. And he you know, this was caused by a tumor in his brain and he had been in fighting in a long time. And I actually saw him within the last six months or so, and he looked great. He looked amazing, and I I didn't want to talk about you know, I stayed, I danced around it because I didn't want to bring up the subject if he didn't want to talk about it. And he just looked fully recovered. And today he finally lost his battle with cancer.
Speaker 3: That's it's heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: So we we we we love him and and uh and we know the fans do and uh. So this is very sad. So if you guys want to contribute to help his wife and baby, I myself have already given to it, and Joel is going to uh let us know if anyone wants the Lincoln go fund me is a little confusing, so just search Sam Lloyd go fund me and and you'll find it.
Speaker 1: And Joel will also put it in the description of the episode this week. So we love you Sam, We love you Sam.
Speaker 2: And uh and and and I'm sure anyone listening here can attest to how hard that fella made us laugh. And uh and I know for sure that he made a difference in a lot of people's lives because we all all need to laugh, and Sam made us laugh. So now we're gonna switch tones and uh and in the spirit in honor of Sammy, we were going to go into episode, So here we go. We just did a sort of a drinks thing where, like, you know, nine people get together, you make a special cocktail and just kind of all shoot the ship over zoom. It was fun. Wow. Maybe we could do that to Giddy.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't I wouldn't mind that at all. You know what, speaking of drinking, it's come to my attention thanks to social media that every time I say you know what I mean, some people online are playing a drinking game and taking Sure. Yeah, now here's the thing. I listened.
Speaker 3: We listened to all the podcasts.
Speaker 2: Right do you say you know what I mean? A lot? I mean, I just that's the way.
Speaker 1: How anyone I don't know how anyone can make it through the podcast without being on the floor drunk?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 2: I think it's because I'm just used to you. That's just the way you speak. You always say that, or you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, right right right.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm sorry, I didn't realize don't.
Speaker 2: Mess up, don't mess up their drinking game.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna say that ship, but I can make it through the podcast. Whoever has made it through the podcast after saying after me saying you know what I mean, I'm sorry, but you have a problem, right, and once quarantine is over, let's address it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just honored that people are doing drinking games related to the podcast. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: There's no way anyone can make it through this podcast with me saying you know what I mean without being so drunk that they can't move anymore.
Speaker 2: There's no let's do Let's do an informal count. You guys how many times he says, you know what I mean in this episode and then we'll know how drunk people are going.
Speaker 3: To get right on. I like that idea. There's a lot of that idea.
Speaker 1: If you guys aren't playing this game, now's the time to get on board.
Speaker 2: Right every time todays.
Speaker 3: Gone to the lie that you.
Speaker 2: Used to be let the friendship.
Speaker 3: Like the vine of friendship. Never here's to you and he is to me.
Speaker 2: God, we gotta really schedule that full lay miss episode.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for the lame app.
Speaker 2: I know, and I want to play Eponine and Cosette. You can be Jeanvert. I want to be GeV Roche.
Speaker 3: You want all the major roles.
Speaker 2: Good evening, dear Inspector, lovely evening, Mike.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to be Javert. Why does anybody ever want?
Speaker 2: I know this man my friends, his name is Spector Javert. So don't believe a word he says, because none of it's true. This only goes to show what little people can do.
Speaker 3: Do you hear the people sing?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be hard. We're gonna have to do every part. Dan's gonna have a lot of mixing to do when we do the Big Back one closer. But let's the best song in the world. Welcome to Fake Doctors, Real friends, Cantison.
Speaker 3: Donald six seven stories.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of docs and nurses, said.
Speaker 1: He's the stories nets.
Speaker 2: So gay As he SIPs his wine, what are we drinking today? You know, a lot of discussion wine wine, Okay, a lot of discussion on what will Donald drink today? Because it's your shoes. Shake it up? You had you had an orange juice tiki and you had I just love that in my mind. You're just going through an empty liquor cabinet and seeing what's left.
Speaker 3: You know, I made a supermarket run. I loved. Yeah, I gloved up.
Speaker 1: I'm masked up and you know, got a bunch of food and some libation for said a Kajon that we are doing right now. I also, yeah, you know Joe Rogan, one of his sponsors is Alpha Brain.
Speaker 2: What's a brain?
Speaker 3: It's like this pill that you take that you know helps you focus.
Speaker 2: So Joe Rogan's marketing worked on you, and you bought it, and I bought it. So do you feel smarter?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I feel smarter, but I'm definitely more conscious of how many times I'm gonna say you know what I mean today?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, the real test is if you say you know what I mean or you know what I'm saying less and Joe Rogan's magical pill is working on you.
Speaker 3: It could be a place ball effect or it could actually be real.
Speaker 1: If it is real, Alpha Brain, we would love to market your product as well.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's funny. Yeah, I've been. I've been listening to podcasts more and more since we've been doing this one, and it's funny hearing all the different things people sell. And yeah, there's a handful of products. I'm like, I wanted to try too, because people are like good, especially since a lot of people like I imagine we are as we start to do advertising. We've told iHeart and everyone, we're only gonna want to sell things that we really like or believe in. And so when like, you know, Pete Holmes is telling you, like honestly about this PRODUCTY try and really liked it, I'm like, yeah, I want to try that, like it's like a genuine testimonial. And I've been walking around the house and I'm like, there's things in my house that are so good. I said to my gal, I said, you know, I could do an ad for this sponge. This sponge is so good.
Speaker 3: You always go back to dishes. Look at you.
Speaker 2: I do so many dishes. I don't know what it is about quarantine, but I do so many dishes. I mean, does everyone else out there feel like you're doing dishes for like a quarter of the day. There's so many dishes.
Speaker 1: The worst part is is you clean your kitchen only to cook in it right right away again, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. My dad told me this story about he was in the military and he had he was had dish duty, you know, and he cleaned a pot that was like, you know that you would literally feed an army with. It was like, you know, a four foot pot or something. And he said he spent hours and he'd finally get all the grime off, and he finally was so proud of himself. It was like a giant task. And he'd hang it up on the hook and just as he hung it up, somebody would take it off.
Speaker 3: And put it back on the stone.
Speaker 2: And that's how I feel at my house anyway.
Speaker 3: But you're being fed.
Speaker 2: I'm being fed very well, and I do feel like this isn't an ad. But I'm telling you this scrub Daddy sponge, I could do an ad for it. I really stand by And when I look at my whole, my whole palette of tools for cleaning all these pots and pans, my go to is the scrub Daddy And Coincidentllie, it's got these buckers should be advertising with us, Joelle call scrub Daddy. Let's get into this right, Jennay Bonkin wrote us, Yeah, thanks.
Speaker 1: Yes, Thanksgiving episode written by Janay. You went to college with.
Speaker 2: Janey went to Northwestern so like me, so we know that she's very smart. Did you guys go at the same time we did. I don't think we really knew. I think we were acquaintances there. I also, you know, both Carrie Brothers and Josh Rayden went there, and I knew them as acquaintances.
Speaker 3: Well, there are a lot of people that went to Northwestern.
Speaker 2: Dude, I know there's a whole Northwestern Hollywood mafia because they have a very good film and TV program but it's funny. Two of my best friends went there, and I was just barely acquaintances with them there, and now we're as close as close can be with you. You're the close friend that didn't go to Northwestern.
Speaker 3: I love those guys too.
Speaker 2: Did you go to the performing arts high School?
Speaker 3: By the way, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I went to Professional Children's School. Shout out to the Professional Childrens School.
Speaker 2: You know, is that the same high school?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't get into the Fame High School. I auditioned for it, and I try to.
Speaker 2: Get picture you dancing on a cab like they do, like Leroy did in Fame.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to have been Lee Roy and danced on top of a cab in any type of Fame production. Growing up in New York City and knowing that the school was right up the block from where I lived.
Speaker 2: So you had an audition and you didn't get in.
Speaker 3: I did not get in.
Speaker 1: You know, auditioning is tough because it's like one moment and you got to nail it. And this was you know, we're all very young, and a lot of people prepared a lot more than I did, and I thought I was just gonna get by. I had already worked and everything like that, and I thought I was going to get by just on the fact that I was a working actor already. And I remember really wanting to go to that school and I didn't get into LaGuardia, and all my friends got into LaGuardia, which is the Fame High school in New York. And my mom was like, there's another school called the Professional Children's School, but it's a private school, and if you go there, you're going to have to work and get jobs in New York to pay for school. And I was like, Oh, that sounds way more enticing than going and you know, I'd be a professional already. And so throughout high school I did commercials and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So you paid for your own so I could pay for my education.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. I know, I never heard of someone who paid for their own high school work.
Speaker 3: Well, I was.
Speaker 1: I had already been working as an actor, so when I went to that school, there were a bunch of kids like me who did that. So, like, you look at the people that went to that school, it's like Scarlett Johansson, Malcolm Jamal Warner, I mean pretty much everybody that was on the Cosby Show, went to that school, McAuley, Culkin, Sarah Machinelle.
Speaker 2: Some of these were you friends with some of these folks.
Speaker 3: All of these people, you know.
Speaker 1: I remember, I remember when I I didn't know Scarlett because Sarlett's a lot younger than me. But I you know, the year I got there, Malcolm Jamal Warner and Tempest Bloodsoe had just graduated and they were on The Cosby Show. And I remember Anthony Michael Hall went there and I thought that was the coolest thing ever because him and the other kid from Weird Science went there, and that was one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Movies of all time me too, back in the day.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get back to this. So Jeanne went to college with.
Speaker 2: Yes, But I want to talk about one more thing before that. When you saw Fame and you saw Leroy Fame the movie, were you like, oh my god, I want.
Speaker 4: To be Lee.
Speaker 3: No. I was never like, oh my god, I want to be Leroy.
Speaker 2: Because Lero was a dancer and you weren't really a dancer, although you are.
Speaker 3: No, that's not why.
Speaker 1: Leroy was a very tough kid dude, and you know, had a switch blade, had a bunch of knives under his jacket and stuff like that, like you know what I mean, And well.
Speaker 2: You grew up in Hell's Kitchen, I mean, did you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I grew up in Hell's Kitchen. And Hell's Kitchen is a very tough neighborhood, and you know, there are a lot of other very, very very tough neighborhoods in New York City. And so I just remember looking back at Fame and being like, if I could be anybody, I want to be Bruno because he played the music and got to hang out with Irene Kara for the whole movie. They were like tight and best friends because he had the music and she could sing. And that's how the song Fame comes about. Where Bruno's dad is in the middle of the street.
Speaker 2: For the children. If you're not following, you need to watch a very special film called Fame Speaker.
Speaker 1: How did he get those speakers to get that loud? That's what I want to know. In the middle of where ever you know the school was at the time, his dad pulls up and Blair's Fame. I'm going to out of know where people are dancing come out of the school and are dancing on top of the cab and on top of all the cars and get this.
Speaker 2: I was so young when I saw that movie, and I was like, this is a real school, like you can dance in the streets.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I I don't know much about the school because, as I said, I didn't get in, And those were one of the reasons why I wanted to get And I just wanted to break out in the middle of the song in the cafeteria, just like out of nowhere, I'm hungry for steak.
Speaker 2: And you wanted Debbie Allen to be giving you the monologue.
Speaker 3: I got to meet Debbie Allen.
Speaker 2: You did Did you do the monologue for you?
Speaker 1: She didn't, but she called me Leroy accidentally in the Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You can check it out. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I did this movie called Next Day Air and it's with me most Steph, Mike Epps, Wood Harris, A bunch of people are in it, Lauren London, like a bunch of people are in it, right, And it takes place in Philadelphia, and I'm a I deliver packages. So the name of the movie's Next Day Era and the name of the company in the movie that I worked for was n DA Right, and the manager of the company was Debbie Allen, who played my mom, who gave me the job at the company. Right, my character's mom following and we're doing the scene and she's, you know, yelling at me like she did to Leroy all the time. And in the middle of yelling at me, she goes lee right, boy, And I was like, what, wow?
Speaker 2: I mean, did you think it was an honor? I would have thought it was an honor.
Speaker 1: I was so excited and so happy that I broke out into song.
Speaker 2: What do you start? Where do you start singing?
Speaker 3: Fame? I'm gonna live forever. I knew right then and there.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. I mean, what an honor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was amazing. I think it's in the I think it's in.
Speaker 1: If they do the gag reel and the credits like most movies, like a lot of movies do.
Speaker 3: Then it's there, or it might be on the DVD or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, out seek out the gag reel of Next Day air and yet to see Debbie Allen call Donald Leroy?
Speaker 3: Yes, best day of my life?
Speaker 2: Can we get into the episode? For God's sakes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Melitie Keen directed it ality only directed one episode of Scrubs, but did lots of other shows. Just looking at her credits on IMDb, she's done many many a show and had Emmy nominations for La Law and she did a lot of Glee. But with us, she was only uh round once.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The first thing that happens in this episode that is beautiful is Deontay Gordon at sixteen seconds.
Speaker 1: In immediately as you hand him, he hands you a drink. As a matter of fact, he does as you walk into a bar. That was also very interesting for me because around that time I was definitely your best wing man when it came to going.
Speaker 2: Out life talk about real life, because I was nerdy and had no game and this sous.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you had no game, but.
Speaker 2: Well I was shyer than you and you were very I.
Speaker 1: Just had been I just had been in Hollywood a little bit longer as a working actor than you had at that moment, until.
Speaker 2: You were very confident. And this scene is definitely in the spirit of our real lives. But wait before we get to you chatting up the wing manning for me, So you guys, at sixteen seconds, the guy who hands me a beer is Deontay Gordon, and he not only was he Donald's stand in for the entire run of the show, but he was a very good friend of ours, is a good friend of ours, and Donald plays golf with them still all the time.
Speaker 1: Actually, Deontay and I met on Clueless, the television show, and he wasn't my stand in, but he did background on that one, and then he went over and was doing stand in workover on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. And when I went and did Sabrina the Teenage Witch, he was my stand in for that, and I had known him from doing Clueless, and I was like, dude, if I get anything else else, you're coming with me. And so he's still he stood in for me for quite a few So for.
Speaker 2: Those of you who don't know, the stand ins are what happens. We we block out, We do a figure out where we're going to go and and all where we're all going to stand and rehearsal and where the cameras are going to move. They put marks on the ground, and then while we go off and go to hair makeup or or do all their learn our lines and do other stuff, the stand ins stand in our places and do all the blocking so that the cameramen can light them and can can practice the camera moves and all that stuff. And they're supposed to be roughly your skin tone and roughly your same height. Well, but because Deonte was Donald's friend, he was standing in for him. But Deontay literally was so much shorter than Donald that they built special shoes for him. I don't know how high those platforms were. Do you remember he would wear them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, him and JK wore them too, for when because JK would stand in for Cox and he would stand in for the janitor. So he had special shoes for when he had to stand in for the janitor.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and they made it so that was my height because he's a little bit shorter than I am. And I remember one night we were filming an episode, the Christmas episode where he has to run, and they made him run in those damn shoes, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, dude, please don't, please, don't don't die.
Speaker 2: Dude, was funny watching those guys in their giant platform.
Speaker 1: Boots looking like Frankenstein the Frankenstein shoes. So yeah, so Deontay Gordon, man, holy cow.
Speaker 2: He's a great guy. And you know, the standings, the standings for all all of our standings for for the main cast were there all the time, and we became really good friends with them, and we would go out to bars with them and we would hang out with them.
Speaker 1: And I still hang out with Deontay. He and I played golf quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rabbit do was my standing and we and we could never find them, so we made up a song. Do you remember the song? Rab Rabbit do, Rabbit do? Where's rabbits rabbit rabbit?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, Deontay was always punctual, so we.
Speaker 1: But Scott Harris, who was one of our first a d's, and Frank Cameron, who's better known as doctor Mickhead. We all play golf together. Well not right now because we're quarantined. I hope I didn't say Frank's last name wrong because I called him Frank Mickhead all the time.
Speaker 2: But uh, and call him Frank mckhead to his face.
Speaker 3: Absolutely does like that.
Speaker 2: Does he like that?
Speaker 3: Mckhead is a big deal, dude, mckhead mckckhead.
Speaker 2: Does Mickhead get recognized out in the world the people go mickhead.
Speaker 1: When he go I'm sure when he goes to his home. He's from Canada originally. I bet you they know who he is in Canada, and I bet you there are a lot of Scrubs fans if they saw him, they'd be like, holy shit, that's Mickhead.
Speaker 2: I was watching a movie and a Beard Fasse was prominently featured as a background person.
Speaker 3: I was some Skyfall. He's in Skyfall on an airplane. No, he's on a train.
Speaker 2: I think it was a David Fincher movie, one of the big David Fincher movies. And there's an airplane and the camera is going into the star whoever it is, and he goes right by Beard Fuss and I was I screamed. I was like, Beard Fusse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it might. I truly believe it might have been Skyfall. Okay, but uh well yeah, So I played golf with those guys and we get it in Mickhead is a really good golfer.
Speaker 3: He's and so Scott Harris believe it or not, really, yeah, and so's and so are you. Deontay. I know you're listening right now. You're a good golfer too.
Speaker 2: Yes, YouTube, Deontay. You know I told everyone in the audience about lens spiking and how and I happen to find it at nineteen seconds in there's a guy in a yellow shirt. You're gonna see it. Bam, right into the lens bam. The show barely started someone spiking the lens.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, I go ahead, Do you remember what up?
Speaker 2: Dough? Yeah? What is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know where we start, but we started doing that, and it was one of those things that we would do to annoy the crew or maybe even the directors, where we'd always be like, what up, Doe, And you do it in.
Speaker 3: The episod, So do it right here When I walk in and you say what up?
Speaker 2: I laughed aloud when I go, m Jennifer.
Speaker 3: When I see the pretty girl, you're Homer Simpson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's yeah, it's exactly like that in might Vo. You're here, Jennifer.
Speaker 3: Also fat Albert cast, fat Albert cast, Holy Cow.
Speaker 2: Now I don't really know. I know what fat Albert is, but I never watched it. Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: I grew up on fat Albert, fat Albert and the Brown Hornet that was the so fat Albert was the show. And inside of the show fat Albert, they would jet to the clubhouse in the Junkyard to watch the Brown Hornet, which was another show, but this one's about a superhero. Uh, and so fat Albert and the gang after they did like it was like Bill Cobsy was like, not only is fat Albert gonna be a prominent story on the Fat Albert Show, but we're gonna introduced another story called, uh, the Brown Hornet, and the Brown Hornet was a superhero. Obviously, I used to love fat Albert and the Cosby kids.
Speaker 2: What would that? What would what would now? Cosby would do?
Speaker 3: How many of the voices he did all of them? I think all of them. No, I don't know about all of them, but he did most of them.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he did I don't know if he did Rudy, but he definitely did fat Albert.
Speaker 2: Us to your mushmouth and fresh personation.
Speaker 3: Bill Cobby definitely did mush Mouth.
Speaker 1: Maybe folks are going to the bargain, the basement, mint, the Bible, maybe the biggest basement.
Speaker 2: And what would happen in an episode of fat Albert? Like what was the premise they would just getting they went through?
Speaker 3: They went through?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but it was also lessons, you know, what I mean, you know, regardless of what people might think of Bill Cosby right now and how they you know, view him.
Speaker 2: About, we don't have to talk about we learned about blaeopbo Cosby.
Speaker 1: But back in the day, educational wise, he was you know, he educated a lot of young people.
Speaker 3: You know, there were picture pages, there was so many things, so the show was educational for young Absolutely, absolutely. I love Bill Cosby.
Speaker 1: And the one thing was Rudy, if I'm right, if I remember correctly, Rudy was the one that hung out with these guys who had a little bit of money.
Speaker 3: Already, everybody else is broke except for Rudy.
Speaker 1: So when they would go to the junk yard, they were a junk yard band, right, And so when they would cut to the junk yard band, Rudy actually had an electric guitar and he would be jamming with them while everybody else is playing trash from the junkyard, right.
Speaker 2: But were they good on their trash when they play?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely. I mean, if you ever listened to Fat Albert.
Speaker 2: What did Joelle say?
Speaker 1: A lot of voices, but not all. If you ever watched Fat Albert, the music was always on point. It was for me, it was really awesome to see brown people, to see black people on television during you know, the Smurfs and all of these other shows where it wasn't you couldn't see.
Speaker 2: That right exactly. And then they made a movie, a live action movie with Keenan. Yes, I never saw it. I mean, I think Keenan's fucking hilarious, but I never see.
Speaker 1: They had a lot of very talented, very funny, very very funny people in that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Keenan hilarious. You know, he was in my film Going in Style, and he came in in one day and his scene was to just he's supposed to be, you know, disciplining if you will. He's a store manager that's caught Morgan Freeman, Michael Kaine and Alan Arkins shoplifting in his grocery store, and he came in and just it was so funny the shit he was doing. And then at a certain point I had this idea like, I'll bet if we talk about stand ins. I bet if we bring in the stand ins for these three guys who are so intimidating, when I put the cameras on Keenan, he'll be even more free to just go nuts. So I pulled the legends out and put in their standings. We shot over their shoulders, and Keenan was just now that he wasn't like like anyone would be intimidated by Michael K. Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was intimidated by them, but he definitely doesn't want to hurt their feelings.
Speaker 2: Intimidating maybe the wrong word, but you know what I mean. Like, I personally, if I was the actor, would feel way more free to riff if I'm talking to Morgan Freeman's stand in, and I'm not, like you know, in my head about it. And so my point is he came up with the funniest shit, and I put.
Speaker 3: Keenan is amazing. I've known him since we were really young.
Speaker 1: He might have been a teenager when I was like in my early twenties and I moved out to Los Angeles and I was doing Clueless, the television show, and he was doing all that, and you know, it's it's really interesting when you when you meet people and then they wind up being on the one of the funniest shows in the history of shows, you know what I mean. We've been fortunate enough to know quite a few people, you know what I mean. And Keenan's one of those people that you know, when we were younger, you knew that he was going to be I didn't know he was going to be on Saturnight Live, but I knew he was always going to be working in this.
Speaker 3: Industry because he was always funny. He's so talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of those people I just root for. I love I love that he's done so well and uh, he fucking kills men and crushes.
Speaker 3: He is a comedic genius.
Speaker 2: So Sarah Chalk is, I'm I've I've got an appendicitis and Sarah Chalk is touching my body. There's there's not that much sexual tension really between us yet. I'm finding although I do. I do at the end of the episode reference that you know, I have feelings for her. But it's interesting that that it feels like Bill turned down, like any sexual tension at this point. You know, you know he was gonna have Jdgo Dad a bunch of other women. But Sarah doesn't seem sort of jealous that I that you you tell her that I was, you know, flirting with some girl or you know that, and then when she's you know, examining me and I'm naked. We just go right to all jokes of you know, the freezing cold.
Speaker 1: She is right, speaking of freezing cold. How long did it take to put that ice makeup on dude?
Speaker 2: Forever man? And I noticed I have two of those in this episode, two full body makeup things, and they would take like a half They would take hours and hours to do, and it would look great. Though, didn't it that it did?
Speaker 3: It looked really cool.
Speaker 2: I did a great job. But I think Sarah this came from Sarah genuinely having freezing hands, right.
Speaker 1: I wrote that down. She truly has cold hands. If I remember correctly, her hands are always freezing.
Speaker 3: She runs cold.
Speaker 2: I don't think her blood reaches her extremities. I think her hands are like blue.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be You might be right, they might always be blue. They might always be blue.
Speaker 2: No, I just remember I did. Sorry. I just want to say that this is like, you know, Bill would take things from our real lives, like I'm sure Donald and I going out to the club and Sarah having ice cold hands, like but when I when I when I saw this, I was like, I'm pretty sure as I remember Sarah had freezing hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: This is also the episode where it feels like Bill realized somewhere along the line that Ken Jenkins is a comedic genius. Amazing because now he's starting to really stretch his comedic skills. Yeah, You're seeing a lot of funny jokes from Ken throughout the show.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: Ken's got a big part in this episode, and I thought he was very, very funny. And I just.
Speaker 1: I didn't recall Cox's mentor coming in. I didn't remember that storyline at all.
Speaker 2: It's the only time I can remember in nine years where he has a mentor that he's trying to impress. So much of this show is he's our mentor and we're all trying to live on to his expectations. Yeah. And I was struck as we were watching and going, oh, this is early on and we're seeing someone that he's so bad. And we did that fantasy where he's doing all these gymnastic flips, yeah, which Johnny probably could do, although I'm sure that was a stunt double. But Johnny's the kind of guy like, give me a week, I got it, and his baseball fields out there doing flips.
Speaker 1: Right, he actually wears a baseball jersey in this episode for the whole episode?
Speaker 2: What is that jersey?
Speaker 3: Did you know? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: That's a question we should ask Bill right now, Bill, what is that jersey?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 2: Well, can you ask Uncle Bill? What the heck was the thinking behind the random baseball jersey that Johnny C wears throughout this episode?
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know what that jersey was. Johnny C changed his jerseys all the time. He rarely asked permission. It was always for some athlete or team that he liked. For it was Jeremy Shockey for a second, and then it was Chris Chellio, who I believe is a close friend of his. But I just kind of let Johnny own his character. And I'm calling him Johnny because he calls me Billy. I think it's turnabout's fair play.
Speaker 3: Very interesting.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, Bill tells a story about how the show is written about him and his best friend and how he thought it would be one of the most scariest experiences of his life, waking up from surgery and his best friend standing over him, who he's you know, drank beers and has blacked out, has gotten blacked out drunk with Yeah, it's now coming to fruition right now, right now?
Speaker 2: You know you're right? Yeah, he always he always mentioned that, and so it didn't take him long to make that a storyline, which leads to probably one of the greatest exchanges in Scrubs history that's in this episode, which is should we recreate it for everybody?
Speaker 1: I get to cut, I get to know what we do that you tell me what it is so we can at nineteen fifty five, I want you inside of me.
Speaker 2: I want to be the one.
Speaker 3: Inside I want to be the one inside of you.
Speaker 2: If I ever have surgery again, I want you to be the one inside of me.
Speaker 3: I want to be the one inside.
Speaker 1: Of me, and which leads to which leads to He's the only one who's ever been inside of me.
Speaker 2: But by the way, the funniest part of that, dude, is that the geniusness of keeping that fat Albert fat Albert runner going and then it to them and you're in there and everyone's laughing, and then they stopped cold, right.
Speaker 3: Paula's like, what what did you say?
Speaker 2: That was really clever to then go to a third time to the fat Albert cast and have everyone just be laughing and then stop.
Speaker 1: Randall Winston plays the one with the giant mask on his face.
Speaker 2: Oh really? Who was our one of our producers who we told you always played death because he was very tall? And there he is showing up again as one of the fact. Would you remember that character's name.
Speaker 3: The Cosby Kids.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there was Yuckmouth, Rudy Russell, Bill, Dumb Donald, which was the I hated that character.
Speaker 2: And did people Did people call you dumb Donald?
Speaker 1: So, thank goodness, no, but there was dumb Donald, Bucky, weird Harold something like that, Weird Harold.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, Joel's pointing at you, Weird Harold.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 2: Weird Ass is the guy who wears the mask.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Was it ever explained why he wears a mask?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I might have been. I don't remember. We'd have to go back and look at it at that show. Okay, but uh yeah, that's who is it, weird Harold?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 4: So dumb Donald is the one with the hat. Weird Harold is a super tall one with the curly hair.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so dumb Donald's the one with the mask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, with the hat mask that's full down over his eyes.
Speaker 3: That's dumb.
Speaker 1: Maybe I did like dumb Donald, because that was also very tell good, then me tell like this.
Speaker 2: I could like to see you. I've been everyone would like to see you do a fat Alburt episode.
Speaker 1: I auditioned for the I auditioned for the Fat Albert movie. I wanted to be Rude. Everybody wanted to be Rudy. Everybody wanted to be Rudy.
Speaker 2: Who got it? I forgot who got that?
Speaker 3: We could look that up.
Speaker 2: Okay, God, we're giving Joel a lot of assignments today. Joelle in the live action movie that wheelchair, really, I thought to myself, is Donald really doing that? Because it was impressed. I don't think you did.
Speaker 3: I didn't, well, I was.
Speaker 2: I was asking myself because it was pretty impressive. You held it a long time and then when it falls over six fifty five you can see sort of training wheel things on the wheel. I love how you're like, I did do it? If you pause, if you pause it like do it? I know you don't remember, but if you pause it like six fifty five, which I did, you can see like on there there's like these like stuntman special wheels, so you had training wheels full that's crazy, Rudy, was played by shed Rak Anderson the third. Okay, that's in the live action movie.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's real, is Donald Donald's questioning your I don't know he was.
Speaker 1: Also, I know the guy that played Rudy was also in Dreamgirls well too.
Speaker 2: Well see if shed Rack Anderson the third was in Dreamgirls.
Speaker 4: So this is according to IMDb two thousand and four live action, Rudy is Shan Jack old Rudy.
Speaker 3: Did they see some of these guys have Oh.
Speaker 2: That might have been young Rudy or something.
Speaker 1: Just go to Dreamgirls. The dude who was in Dreamgirls played Rudy. I'm pretty sure of it. One that was always with Jimmie Fox. Okay, give you anyway.
Speaker 2: So Donald is six fifty seven when I'm watching the TV in my hospital room, right before the janitor takes it away. That's I'm doing all the voices in that TV show, all right.
Speaker 1: No, I did a couple of them too. It's Jerry Springer. I cut you, man, Oh you don't want to you did that, I'll cut you.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm the dude. That's the boyfriend. I played the boyfriend. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, as both of us I thought it was just me. No, Yeah, am I the man or the woman?
Speaker 3: I don't even remember you're you're the woman? I cut you? How cut you? Now?
Speaker 2: I should have been a funny runner that whenever there was a TV show on and you didn't see it, it was our voices.
Speaker 3: It was our voices.
Speaker 2: I think that may be the only time we did.
Speaker 3: It well Danny. That was one thing Danny would do.
Speaker 1: He would be like, you guys, wanna you wanna He would even let me hear what you did, so I knew everything that you were gonna say, and then I said something to match what you It's.
Speaker 2: Probably the very first season we were just so excited to do anything, whereas.
Speaker 3: It was just like, please know Danny, I don't want to please.
Speaker 2: We gotta go home. Yeah, but season one we're like, do you need me to do any other voices? I could do the TV voices.
Speaker 1: Speaking of late night sketch shows, Yeah, Michael McDonald is on this episode.
Speaker 2: From Mad TV.
Speaker 3: He went on to direct.
Speaker 1: Episodes for Scrubby and he came back as that character again.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I thought this was the one where he was going to say his most famous line. I broke my penis right, But it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't that when this is the introduction for that character.
Speaker 2: He's very funny and I'm very sweet man. By the way, what's the what's the you know what I mean? Karen? Is anyone keeping track of Donald said?
Speaker 3: Have I said?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You've ruined the drinking game for people?
Speaker 3: Have I said it today?
Speaker 2: I'm you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Remember when you came into work one day, like, you know what the new thing? Like Donald woud always tell me like what the you know?
Speaker 3: I'm just like, you know what I'm saying has always been going on.
Speaker 2: But dude, I remember when you came in one day and you were like because Donald would alway keep me in breast of like, you know, the new the new cool.
Speaker 3: Saying the new slang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he'd be like, you know what the new thing is, that's what's up, That's what's up.
Speaker 3: And that's what's up.
Speaker 2: Dude. I remember you coming in and be like you were like giving your nerdy white friend an insider info. You're like, hey, just you know, like like with like with your hand over your mouth, like, don't tell anyone, but the new thing is, that's what's up. And you to this day you say that's what's up all the time.
Speaker 3: All the time. That's what's up. Is the that is what is up.
Speaker 2: You use it like for everything. It's like, you know, you know how like in the Smurfs, they'd be like, I smurfed him, Papa Smurf Donald. It's like a universal expression. You'd be like, Donald, be like, how you doing. I'm like, I'm great, man, I'm just feeling good. Just did a big workout.
Speaker 3: That's what's up, because that is what's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you're like, hey man, what are you doing? You want to go out to dinner? Yeah, let's do it. That's what's up.
Speaker 3: That's what's up. Keep it one hundred. That's what's up.
Speaker 2: That's what's up.
Speaker 3: Keep it one hundred. Replace keep it real all right.
Speaker 2: So I'm just looking at what Joel said. The guy from dream Girls was Keith Robinson and he played Bill.
Speaker 1: Yes, Keith, he played Bill. Ah he played Bill. So then who played Rudy? Oh you already said.
Speaker 2: It, shud Jack Anderson the third Come on, try and keep up, Donald, that's what's up.
Speaker 3: That's what's up.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, you can't drink.
Speaker 2: You don't drink if I say it.
Speaker 3: Everybody Jack said that, not me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So A twenty three is the second full body makeup thing.
Speaker 3: Full bronze all gold or bronze.
Speaker 2: All bronze, I believe. Yeah, that took that took some time, as you can imagine getting your full body bron.
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't have any bodies had no Well you still look skinny, man.
Speaker 2: Well they didn't do like my penis, but they put on like a you know, banana hammock, bronze banhana hammock. They had to do everything.
Speaker 3: For those of you who can't see Zach Braff right now, My buddy works out every day, he eats healthy, He has someone making him meals.
Speaker 2: Right now, you make it sound like, well I do have a chef, but it's my girlfriend. It's not like I've hired. I have an amazing.
Speaker 1: I wasn't going to get to all of that. I wasn't going to get into any of that.
Speaker 3: All I was saying, are you you're looking at my muscles right now, aren't you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have something I have something embarrassing to say, though, so I bought this. This is a black widow tank top.
Speaker 3: Nice. Have you seen black Widow yet?
Speaker 2: I can't comment on that, but this, this is a black widow tank top with with Elena on it. And I thought it would be fun to order it.
Speaker 3: And oh, so her character's name is Jolena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's public. Be it better be you. We got to edit it out, Joe. Joelle's notving Joelle.
Speaker 3: Are you sure about that?
Speaker 1: It's Jolena Joel's Yeah, you might have an exclusive.
Speaker 3: Disney is going to be pissed. So is Marble. But Disney's going to be pissed.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's public. It's public. But anyway, So I ordered this tank top because I thought it would be funny and cute and and it came as a it's a women's medium.
Speaker 3: And it's fits you.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 2: What arrived is a women's like medium, are large, and it fits you. My point is you might think I look particularly muscular today. It's because I'm wearing a women's medium tank.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like it's a medium for a woman.
Speaker 2: It looks like, let me look, let me look, let me look. It's women's large. It's a women's large.
Speaker 3: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 2: But it has a female cut, you see that, Like they don't cut men's tank tops like this. They don't know, but anyway, it's it's all. It's all they had.
Speaker 3: So well, you look good your workout every day.
Speaker 2: And Joelle just said that it is public, so don't get me in trouble.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what's your name again?
Speaker 2: The only exclusive that you're not getting, which isn't exclusive is her character's name is Yolena.
Speaker 3: Let's move on.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. Carla had a funny ass line. You know, we were just talking when Judy was on about how she didn't always get jokes. But I laughed out loud at nine minutes when she goes, you don't want one hundred pound white girl mad at you. It'll flinch every time you hear a range rover. That was funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Now when JD says, do they celebrate Thanksgiving in your homeland?
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: We believe that JD, who's gone to med school and is very intelligent, is he just playing a joke or does he seriously not understand that. I think he's from that Carlos from Chicago.
Speaker 3: I think he's being funny.
Speaker 2: Trying to make her laugh, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Trying to make her laugh, and then realizes he said a really bad joke because his responsible or.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's asking the Dominican Republic. Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah, her character is Dominican.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. But do you think the character of JD is trying to be funny or is he saying to people in Dominical Republic celebrate Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe can we talk about how amazing you're moonwalking is? At nine to twenty five when you sing I get to cut you open?
Speaker 1: You know, I worked really hard on moonwalking as a youth after I saw Michael Jackson do it, very, very very don't.
Speaker 2: You learn to do that? Fucking hell, it's so good.
Speaker 3: You can't moonwalk.
Speaker 2: I can do a little bit of backwards, but it doesn't look like what you're doing.
Speaker 3: And go side to side to side, dude, Is it's.
Speaker 2: Still moonwalking if you're going all around and moving forward.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's a moonwalk.
Speaker 1: As long as you're moving backwards, like in a backwards direction, even if it's side to side, it's moonwalking. And when you're walking in place that's considered moonwalk.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson, sorry for this. Stupid question. But did Michael Jackson really invent the moonwalk?
Speaker 3: No, it was around way before Michael Jackson. He's like a tap danser.
Speaker 1: I feel like a tap dancer created the moonwalk and Michael Jackson just bit off of it.
Speaker 2: No. No, so Michael Jackson just made it famous then probably right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, Motown twenty five and he busts into.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Doom, Dude, you literally give me a good.
Speaker 1: Dude ahead doom doom.
Speaker 3: Right. If you were a breakdancer, you knew how to moon walk.
Speaker 2: I think I saw Breaking the movie in the theater. I mean it was it was. Breaking was such a popular break Breaking.
Speaker 1: It was the West Coast version of break dancing, and then the East Coast version of breakdancing was beat Street.
Speaker 2: Okay, I never ever see Bret Street.
Speaker 3: Never saw a beat Street, Beach Street. You never saw a beat Street.
Speaker 2: No, but I remember Steady Crew.
Speaker 3: All these people were in that bad boy. It was like all of the East Coast. Yeah, Breaking the movie was the West Coast.
Speaker 2: I love that movie. Do you remember some of the characters O.
Speaker 3: Zone, Zey Turbo Kelly.
Speaker 2: I just thought these people were so cool when I was a kid, This was nineteen eighty four. This looks like it came out and then they and then they did a sequel, Electric Boogaloo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, breaking too, the Electric Boogoloo. And that's when they're trying to save the school. They're trying to save the school.
Speaker 2: If you're a young person listening to this, just know that breakdancing was so popular that they were making breakdancing movies back in the day.
Speaker 3: And Turbo gets hurt and these brind's up in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna take a break? Bro, We're gonna, We're gonna, We're gonna moon walk into a break. Here we go. Hey, Joe, Oh, give him his Oprah intro.
Speaker 1: Come on, ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Joe Mody.
Speaker 2: What's going on, guys? You New York? Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stayed up albody. He's from Albany.
Speaker 2: You get a car, You get a car, You get a car, Joe JOm. Welcome to Fake Doctors, Real friends. We are the fake doctors, real friends. I'm sorry I'm wearing a female tank top, but that's just what's happening.
Speaker 3: He looks good. Look at the arms show him to arms man.
Speaker 2: Well, Joe. These arms aren't usually this big, but when you wear a woman's tank top you tend to look a little bit larger. You look great as always, there, Zach, Thank you, sir, thank you. Welcome, Welcome aboard. Do you have any questions for the legendary Donald Faison.
Speaker 6: I just want to say first of all that this is honestly a dream come true. I'm a giant fan of the show and you can't thank you guys enough for having me on.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, have you.
Speaker 2: We're just happy to be doing it, man, we we you know people. It's funny. On social media, people are are loving it and saying thank you to Donald and I for doing this so much, whereas Donald and I are like, thank you for having any interest at all because we're both so bored in quarantine. The fact that we get to sit around and joke with each other twice a week, and the fact that anyone is listening beyond our moms is amazing. Sore mom doesn't listen to the show, sorry, beyond my mom my mom My mom texts me after every episode, and it's more interest than in any other thing I've ever done. My mom My mom like text me like, oh my god, I loved how Johnny C was calling you Zachy and Donald was so funny today and I get I get notes from my mom. I'm sorry, go ahead, buddy, all right.
Speaker 6: So first question is when Colin Farrell was on the show, he turned the hospital into just a thirst frenzy. Did the same thing happen on set? And who was the thirstiest for it?
Speaker 2: Sarah?
Speaker 3: Sarah was definitely no Judy might.
Speaker 2: Sarah was riled up. I mean I remember, I remember being jealous. Actually, to be honest that I mean, I know, Colin Ferrell's Colin Farrell and everything, and he's a very handsome man, but I was very good all right, all right, I was like, Sarah, bring it down. Let's bring it down a little bit. Yeah, I mean, I think all the women were giddy. He's a very very handsome man and charming and so charming, and Colin, you know, is a huge movie stars still at the time, it was like the height of his explosion. So the fact that he did it, I think he was probably one of the biggest stars we ever had on the show. And I remember, just just as a shout out to Colin, I remember at the time, you know, we we gave him a chunk of money to be on the show, and he gave it all to his charity as another testament to his character of being a good man's awesome. But no, everyone, everyone, including Donald and I were a little giddy that Colin was visiting you.
Speaker 3: Honestly, no, I mean, come on, do you have another question?
Speaker 1: Have another question you can ask you if they're you know, bad quince, well just edited out, don't worry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So my second question kind of retains towards Sarah's character Elliott as well. So Elliott is in my personal pantheon of like all time TV crushes growing up. I was I was probably like thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, when you know, this show was really going. So I was wondering, who, in your minds is in your pantheon?
Speaker 2: Oh, boy, crushes, I've.
Speaker 3: Got a couple.
Speaker 1: I've got a few of them, Okay, and i'll ye start. Lark Vorhees from Saved by the Bell. She played Lisa Turtle holy Cow. When I was a kid, I was so in love with her. I also was so in love with Jada Pickett Smith on UH when she was on a Different World. Oh my gosh, you couldn't tell me nothing bad about Jada Pickett before she became Will Smith's wife.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. And still to this day she's still right. Who else? Of course, Carrie Fisher, Princess Leiah.
Speaker 2: Right, he did kind of say TV shows.
Speaker 3: But we'll take it from TV.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, because I was gonna say, I was gonna say, Lisia's Silverstone is the first that came to my mind. But that's technically a film. But you don't mind if we go film. You just mean our youth crushes. Yes, I mean I opened the rabbit hole.
Speaker 6: You guys feel free to jump right in.
Speaker 3: Well, those are my three, Those are my three, right.
Speaker 2: My first was was Suzanne Summers on Three's Company. Now, when I was a little boy watching Suzanne Summers on Three's Company, she was doing things to me that I didn't I didn't know what was happening to me. And we were a religious family. And I sat down at the shabbat. We would have Shabbat dinner on Friday nights, and I was eight years old, and I sat down at the Shabbat dinner and I raised my hand because my dad was quite stern when it came to Shabbat dinner, and he said, go ahead, Zach, And I said, Dad, why does my penis get hard when I look at Chrissy from Three's Company. I had no idea that it was anything inappropriate to bring up at Shabbat dinner?
Speaker 3: Did you get dismissed from the table?
Speaker 2: No, my father, Instantly everyone died started dying, laughing as you would. It was the fin I mean, I really you know, I didn't know what it was. I was a genuine like, hello, father, I have a question. I'm having a physical reaction to Chrissy from Three's Company, and I would like everyone at the table to weigh in on what it might be. My whole life, my whole life. Everyone in my family has joked about that story. The other the other idea, the other one that came to my mind right away when you said it was Nicole eggert On Charles in Charge.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, that was another one.
Speaker 2: Yes, Nicole eggert On Charles and Alyssa Milanolo of course, also Joe from Facts of Life. I had a weird thing.
Speaker 3: Now you were tuty.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people are you know, are Blair or Tutty? I was a Joe guy. Interesting but Nicole Eggert was just I remember thinking like, what are these feelings? What are these feelings? Also Linda Carter in wonder Woman, there was a special episode she'd spun around once and she'd be regular wonder Woman. There was a special episode or two where she would spin around a second time and she'd be in a bathing suit, a wonder Woman bathing suit.
Speaker 1: Well, she would spin around again and then she'd have the bike outfit or oh I didn't.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't watch all the episodes. I didn't know. How do you think she could tell her her magic like, hey, I need bike outfit? Hey I need I think.
Speaker 1: It's just a power that wonder Woman has where she you know, she says this is the situation.
Speaker 3: Really gear up, all right?
Speaker 2: So you're saying she's when she's spinning, she's telling her her magical powers. I need the regular outfit, or I need cyclist wonder Woman, or I need bathing suit.
Speaker 1: Wonder I don't even think she has to tell her power that. I think it does it audi.
Speaker 2: The power just knows this is the situation. We're about to go swimming. You don't need the cyclist uniform.
Speaker 3: Right, all right? You know, hey, one more question, one more question.
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say that reminds me of quick change from the NBA halftime show?
Speaker 2: Is Donald?
Speaker 6: You might you might catch that one.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by quick change?
Speaker 6: It's a halftime show. This person just like puts a robe up, puts down, different outfit, robe up, rope down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right where it's like one of those pull off things, right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You have another question, Joe.
Speaker 2: You stumped Donald in NBA trivia.
Speaker 3: I just I don't go to I haven't been to a lot of games in a while.
Speaker 2: There's a Chicago Bulls documentary going on. Are you watching that? Donald?
Speaker 3: I am watching it. I don't know. Listen head furious. I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 1: I think everybody's watching it because, first of all, when I was a kid, Michael Jordan. I think everybody can speak for how magical Michael. You know there's Magic Johnson, but then there was Michael Jordan. I think for me he was my idol growing up.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You could say we could talk Denzel, we could talk Harrison Ford, but you know the one that did it for real, for every male in America, maybe even the world was Michael Jordan. That's that was done right, like the basketball, the competitive spirit, the IQ to be able to turn all of that into money as well. Like just like Michael Jordan was everybody's hero, every young male's hero. That and also he made having a ball head cool. There were a bunch of people with bald heads before that. There was Kojak, there was lou Gassi Jr. Well, yeah, mister clean. There were a bunch of people who had bald heads before Michael Jordan. It wasn't until Michael Jordan that people with hair were like, you know what, I'm shaving this bad boy.
Speaker 2: So he's inspirational for your bald head.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because he made it cool to be a baldy, to have a bald head. You know.
Speaker 1: There was a movie back in the day called The Wanderers, and the bad guys in the movie were called baldy's.
Speaker 3: And that sucked, dude. It sucked to you know.
Speaker 1: When when if you didn't like the way your hairline was, you had to live with that.
Speaker 2: But then you're trying to spray on stuff. By the way, No, man, no, no, Because when I saw those infomercials.
Speaker 3: I said, no, man, rock that, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you something for Hannah.
Speaker 3: I've never died my head. You know what I did? You know what?
Speaker 1: I take it back. Recently, I was doing this show and I was putting the dust that the spray, right, not the spray, the dust, just dust, okay, that people use. And I was doing an interview for US Weekly and one of the co stars from my show, who's very young, she must have been thirteen or fourteen at the time, she goes, you know, look at Donald's hair. Look at how much hair he has. I've got a secret to tell.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that that was dust.
Speaker 1: I put my hand on his head and I pulled it away and I had a bunch of like dust on my hand.
Speaker 2: To US Weekly, Oh my god, did they print that?
Speaker 1: It made it to it made it, but thank goodness, it didn't go viral. I fell to the floor laughing. So I've never been more embarrassed in my life. So from that moment on, I was like, I'll never use the dust again. I'm never using the dust.
Speaker 2: Ron Pappeel I think that was his name. He had a spray on hair. I remember there was an infomercial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was in The Fabulous Baker Boys too.
Speaker 2: All right, man, well, thank you for your questions. You take a trip down memory lane for our crushes were again you guys having me. Thank you, thank you so much, and thanks for listening, and uh and and thanks for being a fan of the show. We really genuinely appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen. Give it up for Joe.
Speaker 2: Mooney thunders applause. Thank good. Let's get back into the episode. You know, at eleven o five, I kind we kind of touched on this, but I thought it was a rare moment of Kelso actually practicing medicine. You never saw Kelso. I mean, can you think of another time. I'm sure there are, but I mean, for me, I'm surprised that he's actually working on a patient. It's nothing you ever saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I was discussing that earlier, the episode where we all lose a patient. Kelso's practicing medicine in that episode as well, and I touched on it in that episode. Whenever there was death in the hospital, when whenever the hospital, whenever we were as characters against the odds of what the hospital could do to the patients. Kelso was practicing medicine. Kelso's one of the heroes. Other than that he is the obstacle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that was kind of cool. You know, I didn't have much memory of Kelso actually saving a patient.
Speaker 3: And it'll happen again when Dick Van Dyke's on the show as well.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, fourteen seventeen. I laughed out loud when you go, baby, I was being a wallrus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we call right back to that joke.
Speaker 3: We called the joke right back, right, We call it back right away.
Speaker 2: See if you can name this film raighty, make me think of this.
Speaker 3: On Breakfast Club before you even do it.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you're ruining it for the fans.
Speaker 3: The fans know what the Breakfast Club is.
Speaker 2: No, but they might have wanted a little bit of a trivia game.
Speaker 4: Do it.
Speaker 3: Do it now, and then I'll pretend that I didn't know.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I don't want to edit your fuck up.
Speaker 3: It's not my fuck up.
Speaker 1: It's me knowing you as well as I know you listening that you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's like a married couple who's like I've heard this story a zillion times. He's gonna do Anthony Michael Holland breakfast Club, fucking asshole. Listen. Imagine you're listening to this and you're on your hike, or you're on your treadmill, or you're walking your dog, or you're breastfeeding your kid, and you go ooh, Zach's gonna give us a little trivia question. Donald ruins it.
Speaker 1: If you have another trivia question about a Walrice, I will totally wait for you to do this story. I got one, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's what's the name of the manatee that lives underneath the hospital?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is it Walris? No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's Julian fourteen fifty two, the premiere of Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, You're right, wrong, You're wrong? He does that again? Right, I just forget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it's interesting. On the wrong clock, it's three.
Speaker 2: It's three o'clock on the wrong clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the wrong clock it's three.
Speaker 2: That's very clever that you figured that out, is it. I never realized that the wrong clock was three o'clock. It's kind of a weird fantasy thing. It's seventeen forty one, when you're operating on me that you then look up into the lens as my bird's eye point of view. I thought that was sort of not something we did a lot of. That was kind of unique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's a funny joke too, is truth in the matter, whereas a lot of people claim that when they're out and unconscious in the hospital and are going through whatever it is that they're going through, that they're not in their bodies, but they're standing over their bodies always watching.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Hear that story a lot, and I believe I could be wrong. I believe it was a call to that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, man, I'm just saying it was cleverly done. And then you you looked up into the lens again. I talked about how in the show we don't have too much in the lens looking. Actually, it happens twice on purpose in this episode when Sarah when the jokey thing where Sarah punches me and I turn right into the lens kind of like raging bull. And then and then with you doing it up to the to the camera on the ceiling when I'm watching you operate. But the way that was a cool thing just as as on a serious Turk note that they really sell in this episode that like all joking aside, Turks are really good surgeon, which I thought was cool.
Speaker 1: I think that was important for everyone to understand. Also, you know, the hospital in a lot of ways, the setting in the hospital is very joky and and these guys are it's it's a bunch of comic relief. But at the end of the day, these guys are very, very, very good at their jobs. And you know, as Bill talks about, it's important that you laugh with them and you cry with them, but you understand that they're very capable exactly.
Speaker 2: And I think for me watching rewatching the show, now, this was a moment where Bill clearly wanted to hammer home like you know, JD's nervous. You know, he doesn't know how good a surgeon he is, and Bill really want to hammer home like no, no, Turk's a really talented surgeon.
Speaker 1: Right, and plays throughout the rest of the series. Also, you know, Turk becomes a superstar surgeon him and the Todd too, actually, believe it or not, is a very good surgeon.
Speaker 2: At twenty twenty one, did you stitch your initials into.
Speaker 3: Me, yeah, that's not in fun.
Speaker 2: And then I saw on the Scrubs wiki they pointed out that in future episodes you never see a JD's scar on all the times that he's shirtless.
Speaker 3: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 2: The last thing I wrote down on if you have anything else was I think I think I improved. The last thing there was the Nina.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did.
Speaker 1: I remember laughing so hard at that too, I remember, and I and I laughed because I remember you having to explain to me, no, those were the ships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because aout, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria.
Speaker 3: Santa Maria.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joelle's nodding. Nice. Oh see see elementary school paid off, it did.
Speaker 1: There was something that you stated your character states when we're all walking into the bar, about how when you work with people, you become family with them. And I just thought while watching that, I was like, holy cow, you know we worked together long enough that we all became a family, you know what I mean? Where you know, I look at Sarah and Judy as my sisters. I look at you and Bill and John c McGinley as my brothers.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And I still cherished to this day. I cherish the moments that we spent together. And if you're ever able at any moment in time to just be in the moment and not worry about what's gonna happen in the future or what's happened in the past.
Speaker 3: If you're surrounded by people you truly love, you're so lucky and blessed. And that's what the end of the show is.
Speaker 1: Saying, you know what I mean, It's saying, you know, you're gonna meet a bunch of people in life, and at some point you're gonna rely on other people besides yourself, and if you're lucky to have those people who will really step up for you, you're genuinely lucky.
Speaker 2: And so I feel very lucky to have made this group of friends. You know, it's very rare on a project to come away with such lifelong friends, and I think that's where let's put the fun of this. Going back is just you know, I mean, I find myself just smiling thinking about seeing Johnny the other day, or seeing Judy and looking forward, of course to doing this with you, And then I'm texting Bill about something I'm like when you're coming back on He's like anytime you want, and I don't know, it's kind of like getting the family together every week. It's great.
Speaker 1: It really is cool, you know what I mean. And just knowing that we cared about each other and still cary about each other so much that we just show up for each other, even just to talk for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: I think, especially during this time, I find myself really longing for human connection and reaching out to friends and family. And you know, when we we plan to start doing this, you know, COVID hadn't hadn't hit yet, and now that we're doing it in quarantine, I don't know. I think it's more special than it probably would have been because there's this we both have this natural instinct to want to connect and relate and look back with love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's all love.
Speaker 2: It's all love.
Speaker 3: It's all love.
Speaker 2: So love to all of you who are listening. This is a lot of fun, and please keep hitting us up on our social media. We love hearing from you. We love the response has been and really fun and if you want to ask a question, you can write an email to Scrubs iHeart at gmail dot com. We want to thank Dan and Joel, who make this show possible.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you also want to thank all the people that we say it almost every week.
Speaker 3: We want to thank all of you on the front line.
Speaker 1: We want to thank all of you that work essential jobs that are out there risking your life every day to protect us and to get these things done.
Speaker 3: You are appreciated, You are much appreciated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and stay safe because this is this is still going on. I know people are getting tired of it, but stay safe, stay home.
Speaker 3: And on that note, kick it Wilder.
Speaker 4: He's some stories about me, about us, and that's nurses.
Speaker 2: Energerrody, I say.
Speaker 3: His story that you all should know. So gad Ay Rondo