Speaker 1: Good morning USA.
Speaker 2: Hey, turn Buster's Michael Buster Rams is him.
Speaker 3: I got no headphones your interview. I need headphone.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get your headphones right now.
Speaker 4: Can we get in here and get a headphones? It is Monday, Back to the work week. The holiday Thanksgiving weekend is over. Now is back to get to work. Buster is co hosted with me this morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning Buster, romsing Envy the god Father, Good morning. A lot of y'all don't know why we call him the Godfather. Y'all don't know. I don't know what y'all supposed to know, So you need to do some research. You earn your right the passion. I'm a flower give us, so I'm gonna give it to him. Y'all gonna learn today a little too much other talk going on. We're gonna we're gonna do this different.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna go allowed to talk about Also, Claudia Jordan is here, our guest co hosts.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you something about missus. Claudia.
Speaker 6: Now, oh wow, okay, let's get into it.
Speaker 5: I ain't got too much to say about other than she looks extremely spectacular.
Speaker 3: Her energy feels amazing.
Speaker 5: Greeting me with the Cascade dish washing liquids sparkle around the greeting, and then you just from the spectacular here.
Speaker 6: I'm to have a good show both.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be fun, right, we're gonna have a good time. Charlomage missed his flight, so.
Speaker 5: You're gonna make this up to me. Now, you're gonna make this up to me. I've waited a long time to sit up here with Charlemagne Envy, you know Charlemagne.
Speaker 3: You know too.
Speaker 5: I love Charlemagne, but I needed to sit down with him up here. That's right, And you're gonna make it up to me, because'm gonna come back and you're gonna make it up to me now, Charlamagne, you owe me.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 4: Is this your first time that the first time Buster has ever been in a udio ever?
Speaker 6: So you're a virgin, a breakfast called virgin.
Speaker 3: Absolute super virgin. That's right.
Speaker 5: We're busting that cherry in now. Yeah, I'm busting that cherry right now on the station. It just you know, it should have just should have been complete. But you know what the beautiful thing is, it is complete even without Charlemagne. You're gonna pull your ass up, Charlemagne, and we're gonna get into this building session, and I'm gonna make sure that we are both available when you get back, so we could do our building session. Charlemagne, and you travel back safely. King, make sure you get home just as safely as you left us. Absolutely, we salute the King Charlemagne as well.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get the show crack and Buster ROMs is here. Blockbuster his album is out right now. Make sure you get it. Joints off the album all morning long. Now, we're not.
Speaker 5: Getting into a couple of joints. I'm playing the whole album with you. Envy, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. I used to call Envy to get on his mixtapes. I used to call Envy when he was at the other you know, and I used to be like, Yo, I need you to.
Speaker 3: Hit this first real quick, please. Envy is.
Speaker 5: Milestone godfather in our city for a lot of us. When it came to breaking these records, getting that buzz right in these streets, a lot of y'all got a misconstrulled because you're up here doing this morning show thing, and it gets a disrespectful bag up here.
Speaker 3: A lot of y'all.
Speaker 5: A lot of y'all getting misconstrulled because you know, it's this card game is disrespectful, his property game is disrespectful in a good way. I'm not getting into the shenanigason, So that's all we focusing on it. I can only speak on that and a lot of us at the time when we was trying to get our mall energy right in these streets with the music, and he was to go to still is to go to. And I think a lot of the times y'all don't really utilize the Beloved the way y'all should because y'all don't understand the line and.
Speaker 3: What he comes from.
Speaker 5: So while y'all need to learn and why y'all need to just probably take some time to figure that out, We're gonna continue to maximize and bring Envy back to what the envy is is known for doing, breaking artists, busting them records up in these clubs, spilling all of this excitement in the street the way it's supposed to be spelt in the street, and getting these dudes back on the order in the alignment that they're supposed to be with the soil from New York City and that ship.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: Now, let's continue to proceed. By the way, Envy, I'm playing my whole album, not a couple of.
Speaker 2: First page news. Next, Buster robinsons here.
Speaker 4: He's co hosting the album Blockbusters out, and we got to get the new album in the system clean. Please we go start off with the baby Jo come back morning your everybody.
Speaker 2: It's j n V.
Speaker 4: Charlamage the guy we are the breakfast club. Charlamagne is out. We got bust the bus, bust the rams up here, he's co hosting. Also, we have Claudia Jordan and let's get in some front page Laudia Jordan.
Speaker 3: Scrum up here.
Speaker 2: We got tests. Letting figure over here?
Speaker 3: What up tests?
Speaker 2: Good mornings the scrumptious.
Speaker 3: Claudia, Claudia Jordan.
Speaker 2: Yes, bust the ride.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Quinn, thank you now all my sports fans out there, Yes, the Cowboys beat the Commander's forty five, ten to forty nine. Ers beat the Sweahawks thirty one thirteen, Dolphins beat the Jets. Coach beat the Buccaneers. The Giants out to the Giants. They beat the Patriots yesterday ten seven.
Speaker 2: That's right. Still, that's right.
Speaker 4: Titans beat the Panthers, Falcons beat the Saints, the Broncos beat the Browns, the Rams beat the Cardinals, the Jaguars beat the Texans. What else we got on that squad? Okay, and also the Eagles beat the Bills in overtime yesterday, Chiefs beat the Raiders. Now tonight the Bears take on the Vikings at eight point fifteen. Now, quickly, tell us what's going on with Hamas. They're releasing hostages, which is a great thing, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a great thing still, but a lot of disagreement on these temporary pause. I want to give you guys an update. Sunday was the third day of the israe Hamas truths. Here's the latest on the hostages they're released and the current status on the temporary Just want to stress their temporary pause of fighting. Once we hear this clip, I'm gonna come back and give you some more information and then we'll discuss.
Speaker 9: This is the third night in a row in which we have seen Israeli hostages emerging from Gaza and in exchange, Israel releasing Palestinian prisoners in Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank. We are on the third of four days of this ceasefire right now, if nothing changes, this ceasefire is due to expire at seven am local time on Tuesday. You heard President Biden earlier tonight say he is optimistic that there may be a possibility of extending this ceasefire further on this pre agreed formula one additional day of ceasefire in exchange for ten more hostages. But right now nothing is clear, and unless that deal is solidified, the fighting will start again on Tuesday morning, as promised by the Israeli military.
Speaker 8: So again they are scheduled to start fighting again on Tuesday if a deal is not cut. Senator Elizabeth Warren congratulated President Biden for his efforts, saying that you know, without him, this deal would.
Speaker 6: Not have happened.
Speaker 8: She strongly supports the temporary ceasefire and urges all parties to make an agreement. The problem with that, though, guys, is people are not asking for a temporary ceasefire. They are asking for a ceasefire totally and completely. Demonstrators blocked traffic Thursday morning on the Boston University Bridge, which is Senator Elizabeth Warren's area, and they asked her to support a complete ceasefire, and then last week in Washington, Democrat lawmakers had to be evacuated.
Speaker 6: Take a listen.
Speaker 10: Several Democratic lawmakers how to be a faculty from the Democratic National Committee headquarters in Washington. On Wednesday, the illegal protests turned violent between Capitol police and hundreds of protesters outside of the DNC. The group is calling for a ceasefire in the Israel Hamas war. Police also put the capital on lockdown, and we're told that House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffries and others were inside attending a reception. Protesters tried to block the DNC's exits with dumpsters and a bike rack, and they pepper sprayed officers. Capitol police said that six officers were injured during the protests and they made one arrest.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Lot going on, huh yeah, lot going on. I just want to see CES five.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see any more civilians of innocent people, or babies or kids or anybody innocent just get killed anymore.
Speaker 7: And this ceasefire is not even one hundred percent though, You're still seeing people still getting taken out. And you know what I don't like about the media here well around the world, And if you have any empathy for the babies that murdered on the palacitianside. People are coming at you with all kinds of accusations you're antisemitic.
Speaker 6: No, maybe we have empathy.
Speaker 7: We hear war about you know, growing up, right, You don't really imagine we have social media, now we have video.
Speaker 6: We are seeing it in live.
Speaker 7: Time, in real time and seeing the injuries. If you can't, if you can look at that and not be affected by that, I don't know what's.
Speaker 2: Wrong with you.
Speaker 4: I just, like I said, I just don't like to see innocent people killed, you know what I mean. And that's the horrible thing. When I'm seeing fathers looking for their children, and mothers looking for their children, and people looking for their family, it's just it's just a horrible situation. So I hope to cease fire can continue and they can work it out.
Speaker 5: So no emotion. I definitely don't understand. But with witnessing, I don't think we've ever seen this at this magnitude or in this capacity in our life, and it's interesting to see how people respawn regardless of what side that you wanna support. At the end of the day, no side matters when it comes to what we all know is principally, morally, ethically and uh just integrity, respect and life at the end of the day shouldn't be lost based on anybody's perspective or opinion because of whatever agenda that you have that you wanna represent. That life is something that is priceless beyond any agenda or opinion or perspective. And I think we just need to get back to the human perspective and remember that before any agenda, we humans first.
Speaker 4: That's right now is front page news. Now, get it off your chest. Test we'll see in a couple of minutes. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Buster ROMs is here. His album, Blockbuster is out right now. We're gonna talk through some more about it, but if you wanna holler at Buster eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's a new day. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way up, whether you're mad or pleased, time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Leo?
Speaker 11: Leo?
Speaker 2: What up, get it off your chest?
Speaker 11: What's up? Hey, uncle buck many congress on being the first man to whoop Michael Mah Dad, you don't get a noo crib man, be back in movie, Bro.
Speaker 5: Don't worry, brother, we got we got all type of things cooking in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: Just stay tuned, family, I'm putting the final season in on a full course smell.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned, brother, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sir, I need I need that postal.
Speaker 11: So man, you don't get a no crib for that damn movie.
Speaker 5: Bro. Now, I appreciate the love and support. Just make sure you already got your new Buster Ron's Black Buster album. Bro?
Speaker 2: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 12: What's up?
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 13: This?
Speaker 3: Blake? Blake? What's up?
Speaker 2: How that Buster?
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 3: What's the good word?
Speaker 4: King?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 11: I wonder how you feel about your man compensations?
Speaker 3: Said that again?
Speaker 11: I heard how you feel about the many conversation the man will.
Speaker 4: He said, he wouldn't you know how you feel? Sometimes your name is not mentioned in the conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I don't really feel a way because I'm I'm I'm I'm a god, I'm not a goat.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, oh, good, good work, good work.
Speaker 3: I'm a god, I'm not a goat, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I think I think a lot of the times, you know, people they don't realize that that when when you walking in a in a purpose, bro, there is no there is no such thing as a category for you like you. You you moving like you in the likeness of the greatest thing ever, and that's the most high. So you know, I don't worry about categories and I don't worry about list So I live by being able to show you better than I could tell you. So you know, if you think that, you know I've ever round on a record with somebody and they bust my ass on a record, then maybe that's a conversation that will help change your perspective. You feel me because I ain't never I ain't never got my ass whooped on a record from No MC. And I think I think, I think as we continue to blossom and grow and evolve, you will continue to see how much more ass whooping than I'm gonna continue to do. So just enjoy the show, Get you some popcorn, get your three D glasses, brother, and get you a front row seat at the oar Max Movie Theater because we're gonna show them better than we could tell them. Believe that, Thank you, Bro, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Bro get the Blockbuster project with on that.
Speaker 4: Do you think people sometimes forget about your catalog because you transcend it through so many years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, envy, I do feel like they forget and I get sometimes. I used to get those reminders from my own kids, like I you know, I tell this story or I have told the story a couple of times, right, so you know I'll make the those those weekends happen with my kids to have they friends pull up.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: You know, we got the homes in the suburbs, and you know we trying to make sure they got a better experience in life, better environment and all of that. Friends will pull up barbecue grilling everything, burgers and you know, hot dogs or whatever, giving them they fool. But while you're cooking, you got the apron on and all of that nice sunny day in the summer they talking about they favorite them. See I'm sitting right there, I ain't in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at them little baskets like you in my head, no problem. I can't go over to them and change their conversation, so I'll just take the notes. Whoever they think it's dope, I go to the studio, whether it's an official remix, it's not official remix, I'm a spank. Whoever they think is dope, I'm gonna release it unofficially or i'ma submit it to management for those artists, and if they like it, then we usually work it out. Handle of business, sit nin voice, get the bag. We'll figure out whether we gotta figure about what we gotta figure out. But then when you do the next cookout, after certain joints start, the leak and the buzz and the talk get different, that's when they want to start respecting it different. And that's when I look at them like, y'all lucky. I ain't poisoning y'all fool, But but we'll talk. Is everything that I fuel on, it's inspiration. I love those challenges. I love showing you better than I can tell you. I'm not going to argue with debate. I'm gonna just change your whole way of thinking, mentality, and that's it.
Speaker 4: Buster ROMs is here. Blockbuster's out right now. He's our guest co host this Morning. Also Claudia Jordan and eight hundred five eight five one Charlamagne. Mister flight, he'd be back. I think Wednesday. It's the Breakfast Sluggle Morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 12: Club five years old, the late nineties.
Speaker 1: Just wait, thank you, thank you so much for being here, brother man.
Speaker 5: Thank you give me if I will, thank you, brother me. Ain't stopping no time soon. Need to believe that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 12: Hello. Who's this Hey?
Speaker 14: Thyler?
Speaker 4: Hey Tyler, take us off Bluetooth. You found something sound kind of choppy?
Speaker 12: Brother, No, I was just called.
Speaker 14: To stay with something. Bust the rhymes.
Speaker 2: Man, that's my dog.
Speaker 12: What up?
Speaker 15: Ken?
Speaker 3: How you doing? Bro?
Speaker 11: What's up? Man?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I'm about to go home and watch it.
Speaker 1: Man, you just brought me back.
Speaker 5: What I knew you to do is get that new Buster Rhymes album, Blockbuster that just came out on Friday, on the twenty four, on Black Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I'm about to add that to my library.
Speaker 11: I just got to go watch it on tab Nah.
Speaker 5: I respect it, Bro, I appreciate that man. Thanks for the love. Man, Thank you, Tyler.
Speaker 2: Now the album is out right now. It's called Blockbusting.
Speaker 4: Now if you haven't heard the album Buster, like he says in the last break, he will go out of newer artists.
Speaker 2: He has a bunch of new artists on there.
Speaker 4: But you know, besides that, you got ep from Swiss Beats for Real and Timberland. Absolutely, we got to talk about that next hour. How difficult was that? And let's get into one of my favorite joints off the album.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: This is featuring the Baby, The Baby, and of course Buster Rhyms is here. Claudia Jordan's here, our guest co hosts.
Speaker 2: We got rumors coming up.
Speaker 7: What we're talking about, Man, there's a lot of sexual assault going on these streets, allegedly uses.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get into that next, but let's get into the Buster the Baby. It's the Breakfast leg It's the breakfast slogan.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Misters is said, good morning. We are to Breakfast Club Buster Rams. Our guest co hosts, Claudia Jordan's here.
Speaker 11: I love that.
Speaker 2: We gotta turn turn the mic on, guy love it.
Speaker 5: Let you thank you, Queen Claudia and King Envy. But I'm over here and I'm talking to the Queen real quick about how beautiful she is.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And I think.
Speaker 5: That we're probably the first generation in this demo to ever look this fly like in sexy and fresh. I'm like her skin and like her face and her hair and her weight. And she told you age. This is why I'm confused. You know what I'm saying. We're not going to disclose that. So as a fifty year old woman on everything I stand for love and believe in.
Speaker 3: I swore she was about thirty five.
Speaker 7: Wow, I identify as you look.
Speaker 5: You look incredible, queen, real talk, Thank you, and and this is not me trying to further nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm good, My queen is good. You look phenomenal.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Whatever the water is you drinking, the diet regimen, the workout regiment, stay on it.
Speaker 3: You look incredible.
Speaker 6: I keep my life very stress free.
Speaker 7: I don't let nobody's dusty son stress me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's get to the roomors there, let's goal everyone where.
Speaker 15: Really it.
Speaker 2: Is the rumor reports we.
Speaker 3: Sold the boys.
Speaker 6: Sometimes they say it sounds than.
Speaker 3: On the breakfast club. Enjoying stories are.
Speaker 6: If you live long enough, he's gotta have story.
Speaker 3: That is very true, very true.
Speaker 7: So, speaking of Dusty Sons, that seems what the entire rumor reporters about.
Speaker 6: Well, allegedly, there's a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 7: Diddy is now facing two more sexual assault allegations following his settlement with Cassie music mogul.
Speaker 16: Sean Diddy Combs is facing new allegations of sexual assault. A woman claims the rapper drugged and sexually assaulted her in New York City back in nineteen ninety one. He is denying the allegations, but these new claims come exactly one week after Comb settled a separate lawsuit involving his ex girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of sex trafficking, rape, and domestic abuse.
Speaker 17: Well, Savannah, the allegations are horrific, and if you include not only Sean Didty Comb with his associates, this is actually the third lawsuit. This one, as you mentioned, stems from nineteen ninety one. A Syracuse University college student says that Shan Didtycombs took her out to dinner, that she was drugged, and that she was drugged for the purpose of a sexual assault, and that she was so drugged that she could not fight back. There's also the accusation that the sexual assault was recorded as a form of revenge porn, and that that tape was shown to several people, including a member of the nineties R and B group Jodasy.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, after the filing, Cathy said, with the expiration of New York's Adult Survivor's Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I've experienced.
Speaker 6: Now on casey, I don't know. The Adult Survivors Act is a.
Speaker 7: Law in New York that allows sexual abuse victims to file civil suits even after the exhalation of the statue of limitations. Now, the New York Times reported that the one year window to bring cases under this new law ended last week. Now, we saw plenty of sexual assault allegations come out last week. So the assumption is that other alleged sexual assault victims wanted to speak up for the same reason. But that story is wild. With the video being shown to members of Chodesy, that's allegedly alleged. Everything's alleged.
Speaker 2: How do y'all feel?
Speaker 6: How do y'all feel about this?
Speaker 7: I mean, I know we talked kind of off Mike about you know things from thirty two to thirty three years ago.
Speaker 6: How do y'all feel about it? I know it's like a tricky well.
Speaker 4: I will say this in all these cases is alleged and you should.
Speaker 2: Be innocent to prove and guilty.
Speaker 4: And I hate when somebody says something and all of a sudden people are assumed to be guilty. That's not right. But I will say this, I don't believe in the time frame. If you did something thirty years ago or twenty years ago, you should have to answer it's not the fact you did the thirty years ago, and I change no, because the person that you did it too is still affected by it, whether it's murder, whether it's rape, whatever it may be. But also when you make a claim that's thirty years old, it has to be some type of proof. If you know, you can't just say something and then that person loses everything and it's not true. But if somebody has done anything to anybody, any of those accusers, whoever it may be, whether it's thirty years ago, five years ago, or seven years ago, it doesn't matter. They should have to pay for it. Because I look at it not just from somebody I don't know. I look at it if it was my mother, if it was my sister, if it was my daughter, if it was my wife, Like you would want them to get you know what they want out of it, which is, you know, somebody to go to jail or somebody to say that they did it. So hopefully they don't happen to anybody. But in all these cases that we've seen, we don't know what's true or what's false, because anybody could say anything about anybody at any given time. But if somebody has done that, they should pay the piper.
Speaker 7: What sucks is these times, in this time, there's so many people that are looking for a quick come up. But then there's also a lot of victims. So I empathize with both sidesolutely, Like if you're get like a celebrity, people just come off your bag. But I personally know so many women that are holding secrets of some of your faves that they have not even began to speak and they won't. So like, maybe we're annoyed with these ten or fifteen, but there's a lot of real ones out there. But again allegedly until proof.
Speaker 4: Guilty, all right, Well that is that's what we got time for. That is your rumor reports right now. Buster Rhyms is here. Blockbuster is out right now, make sure you get it. When we come back, we're gonna talk to them. We're gonna take your calls and Bust I want to play a game with people later on if you so, you know, your voice is one of those voices that people love to I would say mocking and they want to be like Buster Robs. So I just asked you and your label if we got some CDs. And we got some CDs and later on I want people to call up and do their best Bust Rhyme impersonation.
Speaker 2: Whoever gets the we won't get the CDs.
Speaker 4: Signed from Buston Romes. We'll have some fun with which it. Front page News is next to the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never beat us. Same good news.
Speaker 2: If you're hiring, you've got help. Zip recruiter.
Speaker 18: Zip recruiter works for you to find great candidates fast. It's smart technology identifies qualified candidates for you, and you can invite your top choices to apply. Try it for free at ZipRecruiter dot com. Slash breakfast put Everybody's dj.
Speaker 2: Env Charlomagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Charlomagne is out today, but we got Buster Rhyms co hosting with us this morning.
Speaker 2: And ol So Claudia Jordan.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Yes, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Test is back. What up, chairs, it's a little good morning.
Speaker 6: DJ Envy, Good morning Claudia and Buster.
Speaker 2: Rhymes morning queen.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well?
Speaker 4: Now some quick sports, of course, the Cowboys beat the Commanders, Dolphins beat the Jets, forty nine Ers beat the Seahawks. Coach beat the Buccaneers, the Giants, the Molish, the Patriots tend to see, ain't the Molishers, but they won. Come on, Titans beat the panhitt that's Stealers beat the Bengals. Jaguars beat the Texans, Falcons beat the Saints, The Broncos beat the Browns, the Rams beat the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Who else we got?
Speaker 4: The Chiefs beat the Raiders, and tonight the Bears take on the Vike as the Eagles won last night as well.
Speaker 2: And let's jump right into it. Derek Shavin, he was stabbed up in jail.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was the former US police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd in twenty twenty. Is expected to survive after he was injured in a knife attack in jail. Take a listen to the report.
Speaker 19: Federal officials are investigating after former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was stabbed in prison.
Speaker 6: The Federal Bureau of Prisons confirmed.
Speaker 19: Staff performed life saving measures on Chauvin and he is expected to survive. The Minnesota Attorney General's office denounced the attack and said that Chauvin should be able to serve his prison sentence peacefully. Officials did not identify the inmate who stabbed him. Chauvin was convicted of murdering George Floyd in twenty twenty. This is the second stabbing of a high profile inmate in a federal prison in the last five months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm surprised he didn't have more protection. I think we all seen that coming. You can't put him in a buy with a bunch of people, with what he did to George Floyd and how he looked after he did it, with his knee on that brother's neck and just think everything is gonna be all graving. People are gonna give himhigh fives when he got in there, But I'm surprised he wasn't protected.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a way to.
Speaker 8: Get around protection, so that's not always guaranteed. That the US Supreme Court threw out his appeal against his conviction, he's serving a current twenty two year sentence for the second degree murder concurrently with the twenty one year federal sentence for George Floyd's murder and for civil rights violations. So yeah, protection is one thing and reality is another. So I'm surprised you surprised they got to him.
Speaker 6: And what you saying, Buff, is it bad that I don't care?
Speaker 8: Yeah, No, nobody really cares.
Speaker 5: First of all, Queen, I love your type of talk. Number one and number two to elaborate further on what you're saying. As far as protection is one thing, in reality is another. My sentiments exactly. Justice is the reward of penalty for one's actions or deeds, and every choice comes with an invoice, and everyone will die within their own iniquity. So mister whatever shoving, Yah, Yeah, this is what he's dealing with right now, and that's it.
Speaker 6: Keep a chin up, Derek, you'd be lright.
Speaker 2: Let's jump to the Black Friday shopping They said Black Fridays.
Speaker 6: Where he could always just comply, why did you go?
Speaker 2: That was going on with Black Friday.
Speaker 8: Black Friday shoppers spent a record nine point eight billion dollars in online sales. Just wanted to give a quick economic update, now generated again nine point eight billion economic sales. They said that when of seven point five percent from a year ago. The spending month bump reflects consumers looking at the big deals, and some of them are saying they didn't find too many big deals.
Speaker 6: I know I did.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you guys went out of night. But today is Cyber Monday. The sales look like they'll taper off for the rest of the holiday season, but there's just a lot of mixed reviews. I also want to warn you to look at return policies as well. Today on Cyber Monday, get a lot of stuff and you can't return it back, So pay close attention to that. But did you guys get out on Black Friday or just another day for you?
Speaker 6: Never done it, never will now.
Speaker 2: I never go out on Black Friday. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Most a two pack people are too crazy looking for the deals and they would would trip you or even punch you.
Speaker 2: In the face to get a TV. So I'm gonna let that pass.
Speaker 4: But I will say I'm surprised that spending is up seven point five percent with the amount of things cost is so high. I mean, if anybody had to pay for things giving dinner this year, you see how much food was. Like food was expensive, like oxtail was expensive. Like I'm not a turkey level, so I didn't get a turkey, but everything else was expensive.
Speaker 5: Anxiety that exiety my name. I fear something expensive ox tailer, Nah, but I was outside. Black Friday, Buster Rhymes Block Busted album came out Black Friday.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Black Friday was a celebration for the kid. That's right.
Speaker 5: Black Friday was a celebration for the planet black Black. Black Friday was a celebration for the culture. Busht Rhimes new album dropped on the twenty fourth of November twenty twenty three, Black Friday, and yes, it was a big moment for the biggest album on the biggest day, which is the biggest Black Friday. So whatever they was trying to do with the other shopping and punching each other in the face and spending money on expenser box tail. That's cool, but just make sure that y'all remember that that bag was also getting spent on one of the greatest albums on Black Friday by Buster ROMs, The Dragon Front and Center. And if you ain't get it yet, spend that bag on Cyber Monday today and enjoy the Buster Bobs Black Friday.
Speaker 2: We prove that.
Speaker 8: Perfect, perfect, perfect way and not famous. By the way, did you deserve it? You are an icon.
Speaker 2: I salute you, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I salute you as well. Royal Amp, thank you, Test, thank you.
Speaker 4: Je all right, when we come back Buster Brombs and seeing his new project, as he said, black Busses out right now, we're gonna talk to him, Me and Laudia Jordan gonna interview him a little bit. And if I got questions, you can call us up right now under five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: When we come back, let's get into another joint of down what you want to hear?
Speaker 5: I think I want to go into this legacy record with me and my children. Big up to Trilly and my young King, Big up to see and big up to Mariah, my two young princesses, young queens produced by my brother Mar's and a gang of other producers, about three four producers on it. But I just want to dive into this real quick, y'all. Y'all feel this energy real quick because it ain't stopping us in the DNA.
Speaker 2: How difficult is it to work with your kids?
Speaker 4: Because you, if anybody's been in the studio with you, you're a perfectionist, right. You want things to be perfection absolutely, And I love your kids. I see your kids all the time. They might not be on the same perfection time as dad.
Speaker 5: You know what I do. I leave and I get out the way. I've learned when to get out the way, okay, because sometimes you block the blessing when you in the way all the time. And I realized that I was doing that, like I was over critiquing things that I was hearing that wasn't right. But then I also had to get a friendly even mine. The one day just from a sideball conversation with my engineer that was actually recording them. It was just like, yo, sometimes the perfection is in the imperfection. And I was like, all right, I guess I need to just leave. So what I would do is I would leave my kids. I have two sons. Out of my four sons that would stay and one was focused on production and Trillian was focused on rom and the other one that was focused on production, his name is to Cod. So I would leave them in a student I'd go to the club and I would leave security with them and make sure that you know, they had their freedom to do whatever they wanted. And just surprised me with what I heard when I pulled up, And that was how we got the best results. And due time, they evolved and when it was time to start putting them on these projects, it was because they really got to a place that you know, obviously we got to stay at the MV. You know what I mean, We've been in it too long, We've been doing too much. It's like we're not gonna be biased. At the end of the day, they are kids, but if they sound suspect, we can't let that happen on our watch.
Speaker 7: Thank god, some of the parents in.
Speaker 5: The same way, like a bug out sometimes when a parent ain't gonna stand tall and solid on their square and make sure the kids don't miss represent themselves or the legacy of the family right when their parent is a celeb tool like let's make sure that this artistic integrity is always upheld and met on a proper standard level. Because we had the bus ass to meet the standard. Y'all ain't getting no pass and rightfully so, I was fortunate enough to be able to have kids that understood it. Sometimes in the beginning it was frustrating for them, but as they get older, they understand a lot more that what you was putting them through was in their best interests. So that's where we are now, That's why we got this record. We look, we're gonna dive in and let the world judge.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get into it. We'll do it when we come back. Blockbuster is out right now. Buster is co hosting Claudia Jordan is co hosted It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest host, Buster Rahms and Claudia Jordan. Buster Rahms album is out right now, Blockbuster. Y. So recently we had a conversation with Swizz Yes, and I asked Swizz how he got himself, Timberland and Pharrell Now Buster a couple of probably about a month ago, said he's doing an album where Pharrell, Timberland, and.
Speaker 2: Swiss Beats are the EPs. How how does that happen?
Speaker 20: You know, Buster is somebody that don't back down easy. You can't tell him no. And he signed us up for his project and we just said, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: And he came, He's like, you.
Speaker 20: Know you, Tam Farrell, y'all my producers for the project. I'm like, okay, no, the executive producers okay. And then I don't know, like somehow we actually all got into a space which is a photo of us on this boat, and I'm sitting here. I'm like, yo, he really man infested this. Like we didn't even plan to be on that boat at that time. It's not like, okay, let's have an executive producer boat ride. Like we just all ended up sitting there and I'm looking around like, okay, I hear the universe. Okay, I guess we're doing it.
Speaker 4: So when did you come up with the idea to have all three of those great producers EP Project V.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you the truth.
Speaker 5: Pharrell created that day with all of us coming together Forrell invited us to this unbelievable yacht. We was in Miami, all of us in it in Miami, chilling. We come to the yacht. Everybody's dead. We pull up, were rocking on the yacht, vibing. We eating food, we drinking, we smoking cigars, We vibing. Swiss had just finished working on DMX Rest in Peace, DMX last album, it's posthumous album. There's a table on the yacht on the upper deck level and we're all sitting around that and we were just talking for a few hours. We was on the I believe he was on the yacht probably like eight hours that day. About four hours into to the day. It just kept going really really crazy in my mind. And I'm sitting here with three of my brothers, all twenty five plus year relationships, brothers. They all produced on all of my projects at some point or another, whether it was two out of the three of them, or all three of them or one out of the three of them, right, And I'm like, yo, I'm looking at them, and they looking at me. They looking at each other.
Speaker 3: We talking. Ain't nobody bringing up no music. It was no music talk.
Speaker 5: Outside of the DMX album because Swiss wanted us to hear it. But all the other conversation throughout the day was just regular conversation.
Speaker 3: I'm like, listen, I just need to say this to all three of y'all.
Speaker 5: Ain't nowhere in the world, and I'm gonna get off this boat, and I tell y'all that this is not gonna be a moment where we shouldn't be discussing doing a bust the Rhyms album with all of y'all producing it. I don't care what I ain't taking no back talk started off as an EP. Two songs from Swiss, two songs from All two songs from Timberland. We get through the shick. I just was like, wait a minute now, I'm not feeling like this is enough because I'm not an EP dude, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm an album dude.
Speaker 5: And the energy that was feeling and sounding so incredible from them six records. It's set the standard for what the rest of the album should feel like it sound like. And what was dope about the album when it was just those six songs, was every song felt like feel good, energy, party and turn up records coming off an El E two album. We was speaking directly to what was happening. We was in the pandemic, the protesting was happening, the riots, the George Floyd murders and all of the you know, it was too much dark energy, but it was necessary at the time, and it was a beautiful body of work and an installment that was needed for the time. Them six songs felt like I was back in my put your hands chamber and party going on over here and everything remains draw and it felt like we was in that bag all the way with just them six songs, and I was like, I ain't got enough of this. I need more of this. So as I was planning for people, they wanted to be a part of that, from the new artists to other producers, and it just it just kept evolving.
Speaker 2: And I got to ask, you know, people have been hitting me this morning, and I thought about it too. Aren't you on tour?
Speaker 3: I just came off tour on the twenty first in November.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I seen I've seen you in fifty I'm like buff to be overseas something about.
Speaker 5: Five months on the road. Fifth is still on the road. He's rocking probably until like December twenty third. I think he can India and Mumbai and Bakhrainge. My last show was at the O two in London. It was our third English show. We did two to two soulout shows in one Wimbley Arena Wow July twenty first to November twenty first. I Come Home on the twenty second. Twenty third was Thanksgiving twenty fourth drop the album album release party private location.
Speaker 3: We never you never stopped, I ain't stopped.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, let let's get into a record. We're gona come back with Busy now. This is the record with your kids on it. What's the records called legacy Legacy?
Speaker 5: Big up trillion my young Spidder, Big up my beautiful daughter See, and big up my other beautiful daughter who plays classical piano.
Speaker 3: Rye.
Speaker 5: And big up to Mars, and big up to all of the other producers that assisted in the production with Mars. And I just need y'all to enjoy that. This DNA is very rare in this royalty blood line over here, y'all.
Speaker 4: But let's get into it right now and make sure you get Blockbuster, you download it, you buy it, you stream it, you do what you need to do. Claudia Jordan's here, our guess co host and let's get into the record. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, what's the record legacy? We are the Breakfast Club Buster Rhyms and Claudia Jordan is our guest co host this morning.
Speaker 2: That album is out right now.
Speaker 7: I want to ask you, So, it seems like you're really good at manifesting things and making things happen, like you have just like you are speaking things into existence.
Speaker 6: So how about here in the Breakfast Club, since this is your first.
Speaker 7: Time here, who is it that you have not worked with or that you're like a dream collaboration if you haven't done it already, is there someone out there that you're like, look, this would be like it for me.
Speaker 2: Whoever you work with, you didn't work with them, then everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't work with Cole yet. I don't want to work with Cold. I'm a huge fan of j Cole.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he's listening right now, Jacob.
Speaker 5: I'm a huge fan of j Cole. I'm a huge fan of Jed. Jed is crazy. Is crazy too, big shout the Jed. Huge fan of Drake, love to work with Drake, huge fan of this is singer. I love Friday's work. I love this a young lady. What's na co Jones? Jones Jones's incredible. She's incredible to me. I'm a huge fan of JR. Now money too. He got a new artist out. I forget his name, but he sounded like Marvin Gay.
Speaker 6: That's October October, London.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he sounds so crazy, so crazy, like dude is I only heard the one song it cut deep.
Speaker 6: Go to his page and just follow him. He is.
Speaker 5: His brother is unbelievable. And you know who else too. I can'tfront Toby and Wigway. He's incredible to me. Big up to Toby Love dude. Oh by the way, let me take a second and just big up my brother bun Be. You know what I'm saying. The record that beat we did on the album with the bad Block bustled with the baby and t Pain. Big up to bun Bee for clearing it. Rest in peace to Pimpcise, Salute to zero. Big up g Z. You know what I'm saying. I think Hove had something to do with the song too. But and whoever the producer is big, every last one of them up but bun Bee. You know that's my That's that's who I interact with frequently. And bun Bee. I just want to thank him for blessing me with the clearance. I want to thank bun Bee for the big up that he just gave recently on the Twitter and just shot at us with how proud he felt we we did with all three of us, and he called it the trifecta with me and t Pain and the Baby and big up the Baby and big Pain and big up every damn body on my album, Big of my kids, Quavo. I'm gonna get into the whole shout out list after we finished running through some Martise songs. But yeah, man, those is the names that I'm feeling right now. I'm leaving out a couple, but off the top those is that's where it's at.
Speaker 2: And I had to ask, so, thank you so much, Claudia, how did you decide?
Speaker 4: You know, the one thing I would say about Bust is you always had your your hold on the legacy og artists and also the younger artists, right, So you know, back then you would do a.
Speaker 2: Record with Slick rec O Rockham, but then you do a record with Coiler Ray and the Babystely, So what made you want to do the.
Speaker 4: Records with those individuals like a Coiler Ray artist with the video The Luxury Life, which is a redone of Foxy and Hole.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: First of all, I'm gonna always give it up to the to the to the timeless greatness art and contribution that pushed the culture forward, and it also evolved the culture because when the records was happening, when we was doing it, you already know that ninety six to like two thousand and one probably the most lucrative time in hip hop period. So big up the whole, big up the Foxy on Clarinet, and as far as the new artists with the Coiler Rays and the Beers, the Baby Quavo and Moray and Young Doug and Gigs and Young Blue and Blash and all of these new artists. For me on this album and particularly, I just felt like I needed to speak to both generations real quick. When I said what I said that the BT Awards, I was trying to speak to both generations. I wanted the young generations to know that we love them, we support them, we admire what you're doing, and I'm not going to really do this entertaining of this this little bugged out propaganda, and that's this little narrative of you know, the elder stationman and the Jesus don't respect it. As far as what y'all are doing is concerned.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of us that like it, a lot of us that love it, a lot of us as fans of it. And I'm gonna speak for me because I come from a group with a legacy and a name that we had to fight to earn, and what's called Leaders of the New School. I'm always gonna do that. And I think culturally even deeper than the name, which is why the name was something that was greater than the name. For us, it was an attribute, was we wanted to live this name. When you live it, it's an attribute because it's attributed to the way you actually carry your action out. So for me, Leaders of the New School from a cultural standpoint, came from and our community as Black children in the soul called urban community. We want to always pull up as the ones that discovered the new thing first, whether it's the new peer sneakers, whether it was the new denim suit from Levi's, whether it was the new bad from col crushing for some seas, Kumu d and Busy b or the new, whip everything new. We love culturally to be the one to stunt and show off and say we're putting everybody else onto something.
Speaker 2: That means you.
Speaker 5: Are about leading the new from a cultural place. This is the way we live. Culture is a way of life. So ultimately, if I'm going to be this person from when I started and this is all I know culturally, this ain't a style thing. This is a way of life thing. I like leading the new. I was also taught and raised to believe that you can't put.
Speaker 2: A timeline on greatness.
Speaker 5: So at the end of the day, you're not gonna tell me because of my age or because of my legacy and the time that I put into this professionally that I'm not gonna be in tune because make a conscious effort with keeping my finger on the pulse. You feel what I'm saying in the street every night? For real, I'm gonna call a DJL, for real. I'm gonna send you my record myself, for real?
Speaker 2: Do you think that's a lost art phone? We're talking to Buster rooms see here.
Speaker 4: And the reason I say that is, like I was saying to you earlier, Buster, there is no more of.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll have my label people call.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: When I was a small DJ and I only had one hour a show, one hour a week, Buster would call that one a record. I'm pulling your cell phone. Buster would would come pull up to the club. And Buster still does that. Most of these artists don't do that no more. Maybe they don't respect the DJ as much and they don't respect radio.
Speaker 2: What makes you still have the grind to do it?
Speaker 4: You don't have to, you're financially secure, you're great, but you still do the things that a new artist would do.
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: I love it too much? I care about it too much. And I was also taught being five percent. You ain't shit on a way to bring you food. You are superstore the blessing and the gift and gave you the ability to have a life that exists in real time the space for you to go get it yourself right. That's the blessing in itself. What you've been gifted with to exist and have and be able to be acknowledged for just existing is the gift itself.
Speaker 7: What would you say to this one that has a talent that has like everything about him that could be a star, but they don't have that grind.
Speaker 6: What would you say to them because you are here at five, you was on time, you was on you.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's answer that question when we come back. Let's pay another joint of the album and what you want to hear right now? That's his statement, the first join of the album, the statement. Getting the statement right now, that's let's get into it. It's the breakfast club. Buster Rhymes is here, our guest co host, so is Claudia Jordan's. It was Buster Rhymes. Of course it's called statement. Yes, the album Blockbuster is out right now. He's our guest co hosts. Him and Claudia Jordan are here now. Clauda, you asked him a question right before we got into this joint.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, just the disconist between the old school and the new generation and you speaking, so you're leading by example, leading the new school. You spoke that to existence like thirty years ago, and here you are doing that. So I want you to just if you could just speak to an artist out there right now that has the talent but may not have the drive, or a lot of people get like really gassed from Instagram followers, right, but that doesn't translate to success. What would you say to people that have the talent, because, like I said, you got here, you put in the work and you don't have to, but you still do work ethic? What could you say to the young up and coming artists out there about work ethic?
Speaker 5: Thanks for that question, Quin, because I think this is one of them questions that is going to allow me to say something that I've been longing to say. There was a lot of answers that I wanted when I was trying to get myself together in the earliest stage in my career, and I was blessed enough to have a Chuck d that gave me my name, a big Daddy Kane that would allow me to come to his crib and a Jamaica estates and his multi million dollar home when he had the purple burgundy bands with the gold AMG Deep dish Rams right, not AMG Deep dish Rims.
Speaker 3: It was Hammer Deep dish Rims. I don't remember the band. It was Hammer Joints.
Speaker 5: And Box was his manager and he used to let me come there and sit down and just watch the TV and ask questions and you know, see, you know, chicks pull up and who would cook in the kitchen and parish for me PMD Eric Shermon. They would let me come to their crib and this is when they was like on a second or third group album. And I bought my first whip in like ninety three. It was a Forerunner that I bought in Queensbridge a secondhand car lot and I bought this car. I drive out there and Paris had a bunch of real estate. He had property all over Long Island. He had Schumer Management EPMD, and it was the first dudes that I was actually seeing do things outside of just being artists. The diversifying of the portfolio was like the first time that I was seeing this. So I was asking questions and I was getting the answers from the elder statesman. To me, I was the young and I was the new dude, and they felt good about that with me. I understood at that point them dudes was walking in a purpose and I know that as much as I needed it, and it helped me. One thing I think Denzel said on the ground one day that I saw on the post. He was like, you can't go to your grave with the U haul Trump, So everything that you got you can't take it with you, I'm gonna give it away because I ain't got no choice. I'm in such a blessed place in my life. I don't need you to give me back nothing other than the reciprocal love that I've given you. Just give me the same respect. But more importantly, the thing that I'm gonna need for you to give me is that, if you are new artist, that I'm gonna make the time to sit with, build with and walk in my purpose and share the information and give you the keys and give you the answers to the deep Sea scroll and when you open a Pandora box. I got the answer with on one inside of the Pandora box. Fiel asked, So, the only thing you can do for me is be successful and showing me how much you're gonna apply to information I'm giving you and secure to win and make what I'm giving you yours and evolving into something else and give it to somebody else.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I ain't even interested in signing on artists. I don't even want that. I don't want to deal with none of that.
Speaker 3: I want. I just want to empower people at this point in my life. Be your own boss.
Speaker 5: I don't want to take a piece of your their set or piece of your that you shine, but pull up through on let me give you this thing, because this thing that I'm gonna give you it actually should come with an invoice. You need to pay me for this information. And I don't want nothing from you but to see you secure the win.
Speaker 4: But to see but the problem with that Buster we're talking to Buster Romsey s here. The album is out, Blockbuster. There's a lot of people say they're a boss, but they don't know how to be a boss. Absolutely right, cool to be, like, I'm a boss. Cool to be and but you have to learn. You have to learn what that means. And a lot of people they need to sign to somebody because they need somebody to show them the way. Absolutely a lot of people can't do that. And a lot and I think with this day and age, people I'm a boss, but people feel like they don't want to work for somebody. They don't want to put the grind in, they don't want to sign to somebody, they don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: But we've all been to a places where we have too long.
Speaker 7: I think social media made a lot of people arrogant that that have not done the work, like really a post.
Speaker 5: One trillion percent to what you're saying, one trillion percent to what you're saying, envy. Reason why I don't want to sign no artists right now is because I don't respect unappreciative artists. When you sign them and help them blossom and blow and develop and evolve and grow and become great, and then they act like you ain't had nothing to do with it, I get out the way. Show me you could do it on your own. But see, if I'm not signed to you, the obligation ain't the same. When I'm giving you now, I don't owe you nothing after that. Take what I'm giving you and know that there's so priceless. At the end of the day, you actually owe me by getting this information and using it and being successful with what I'm giving you. And that's the only way you can reward me. And if I keep it on that place, I don't got to chase you for the bag. I don't got to chase you for the the money you owe me. I don't gotta have accountants order ordered nothing. I don't gotta have lawyers block clearances or block this or block that, because now that's gonna change the dynamic of the respective relationship and the willingness to just listen to each other. I live through this experience. I'm gonna tell you the best part about my happiness right now is making those hard decisions to remove everything that was blocking my blessing.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: Have you always had this perspective? Or because you came in here giving flowers to everyone? You started off your time here giving flowers an envy? You just spread the love to everyone here, right, And it's a very mature perspective.
Speaker 6: Did that how long?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 6: When did this happen? Was this recent? Were you always like this?
Speaker 18: Nah?
Speaker 3: I never.
Speaker 5: I didn't always have the perspective of understanding how to become this happy. I've always had the perspective of being a flower giver and a giver of love. I love to give love. I love to acknowledge people for their greatness. I'm super comfortable in my space. I don't compete until it's time to respectfully compete. And I'm not a disrespectful competitor because I don't disrespect people. You don't know me for having beef with nobody in the industry. I'm not known for ditional artists on no record. I'm not known forgetting this by artists on no record, because I make sure that the relationship as men and as humans like we're not gonna compromise the integrity and the moral compass and code of ethics and principles. Were not gonna do that because dude just just misconstrued and living these lives, which is these alter egos and personage we got walking around there on some superstar business like No because see, I'm not calling your phone. I'm not getting on social media to diss you. If you somebody that mean you got a difference or an issue, or I'm gonna call your phone.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that, I was gonna say Busters had beef before. But if you ever see Buster, he will pull up on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna come.
Speaker 4: See, it doesn't matter if you're in the club, if you're in a restaurant, if you out, he wants to pull up and he's gonna have a conversation. We need to get back to those days. I respect that, and Buster will have a conversation until it's finished. I'm serious. Buster could walk in the club at two thirty and it's not finished.
Speaker 11: To five.
Speaker 2: When y'all finished.
Speaker 4: You're either gonna hug or you're gonna shake hands and walk the other way. That is, I've seen it a zillion one time and I always respect it. But let's let's get into another record off the album. Let's do it what you wanna get into.
Speaker 3: Let's get into the me and let's touch this Me and.
Speaker 5: Young Blue and Blash record. And I got a big up my man, Miguel, I got a big up Miguel Crazy. I got a big up salam I got a big up J Cole, and I got a big up Osmocous architect who produced the joint.
Speaker 3: And let's just continue to just feed the streets the full course meal.
Speaker 5: This joint right here is called cut It Do You Bust Rhymes the Dragon feature in Young Blue and Blash.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's go Blockbusters out right now. Buster's coster Claudia Jordan, download stream, pick it up.
Speaker 2: We here, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Owning everybody. It's DJ MV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Buster Rhymes.
Speaker 2: He's here.
Speaker 4: Album Blockbuster is out right now. Claudia Jordan's also our guest co host. Yes, now, uh, this is what we're gonna do for you Buster Rhyme fans out there. Buster has a particular voice that I think we know from anywhere you hear Buster's voice, you know it right, So we want you to call right now eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. You do your best Buster Rhymes impersonation. Let me clear the phone lines right now. I'm gonna clear the phone lines right now. I'm clear the phone lines. Your best Buster Rhymes impersonation, and we'll make sure we get an autograph CD out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right now, now you might have to rap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if and if whoever does the Chris Brown joint with him, Chris Brown, if you do that, when I'm you get a whole bunch of stuff from Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 4: Before we get to take these calls, you were talking behind the scenes, your legendary soaw and put your hands with my eyes can see yes on that record, you weren't you weren't screaming, and you said Diddy was actually the one that told you you didn't have to.
Speaker 5: Did he was definitely the one that that made me approach that record from a whole nother perspective. He specifically had a conversation with me when I got the beat, a gentleman by the name of Gerald Oldham. We called them fab at the time, and it wasn't short for fab as in fabulous. It was short for fab as in fab breas. He thought that that was the cooler name than his name being Gerald. Okay, okay, fab breas fabreas so so fab was my road manager at the time. He was staying with Shamello and Buddha, who's the producers of the beat Rest in Peace. Shammello brought the beat to the studio and the beat was so crazy to me that I wanted to play it for you know, my pears that I knew was responsible for making a lot of hit records, just to get their opinion. And Puffy was the most successful because he was in New York with me, super pop and super successful, got all these artists that he broke. So I pulled up on them one day at Daddy's house studio and I played the beat, and he heard the beat and then he goes, Ao Ao, playboy.
Speaker 3: You hear this beat. You need to be calm.
Speaker 5: You need to you need to speak to the to the women in your regular voice, like you know you got one of them, a dope. Your regular voice is dope, Like you sound like you one of them James Earl Jones voices. You need to like the chicks don't want to wow wow, what you want on your records? Like how you be doing all the time. You be screaming like, chicks don't want to do that with you all the time. Bro, Just talk calm And I listened to that cool go to the studio and I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna say. In our hood, they got this dude that used to be on the corner, sit on the milk crate. He looked like he ain't no money, but he was a hustler. And back before I got on, we used to hustle out in DC, Southeast DC in West Baltimore where they shot the wire at and the dudes we was hustling with was Ghanis and Jamaican, And just like the dude that was in our hood in Brooklyn, he and them felt like saying the word yo at the end of they regular accents from the Jamaican and Trinidaddy and Ghanese actions that they already had would help them blend into disguise that they was from somewhere else in these areas that they was pulling up the hustle at So combining that yo thing that they was doing at the end of everything they said with the Kalm Diddy advice is how I came up with to hit you with no delandce of what you're saying, y'all silly with the nama with the dilli yell. And you know, it was kind of like a joke internally because if you listen to put your hands that the ad libs the way they happening is the same brother that Fabris who brought me the beat, and I told him to go in the studio and I said, mock Diddy with the ad libs. That's why he's like nine seven. So he mocking Diddy. I'm mocking the Caribbean dudes. And I'm also, you know, trying to do this calm thing did he advised me to do. And the magic happened. So when the record comes out, you know, I remember being at the Rock Sya and DJ kick Capri was playing this record seven times in a row, and then the situation popped off between Terror Squad and Rockefeller and Kick Capri trying to tell everybody the chill, chill, stop fighting, stop beefing or whatever, and they wouldn't listen to beef keep going. He was like, I know what's gonna stop this beef right now, and he goes into playing put your hands again, pleas to.
Speaker 3: Play the record. Let's get into that.
Speaker 2: Buster Rhymes his album Blockbuster's out right now.
Speaker 4: Claudia Jordan's said, now, usually we do donkey today with Buster saying, so we're gonna open up the phone lines eight undrink five eight five one oh five one, give me your best Buster impersonation. We'll get you a signed CD. Is the Breakfast slogo, Morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host, Buster Rhymes, his new album Blockbuster is out right now, go get it.
Speaker 2: And also Claudia Jordan our guest co host.
Speaker 4: So now we open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, and we're just telling people we're looking for the best Buster rhyme. Impersonation and we're gonna give some signed autograph CDs. And let's go right to line six. Stephanie. Now this is your chance say good morning a buster light.
Speaker 3: Stephanie was good with you, boss lady. How you feel I'm doing right now?
Speaker 1: Look a couple of people gonna call me and woke me up. They told me to get on the breakfast club and do buster rhyme.
Speaker 2: All right, stamp, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna bring me in.
Speaker 21: Let's go, because I feel like I'm running, and I like I gotta get away, get away, get away, but I know that I don't and I won't ever stop, because you know, I got to in every day day.
Speaker 1: You don't really really win a pop made just so thank you, another flop make And I know I gotta be a little cockade gonna stop.
Speaker 3: Me every time.
Speaker 11: I gotta get it that I gotta blow. And then I gotta try to a little thing everything, get it, get come on, everybody try to doing this and everything.
Speaker 3: And I'm a test. And the banging, he said, the makeing, the blessing. I give you more, and I'll never get your lessing.
Speaker 7: And here.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 21: You know we were all open the race, and you know, we gotta do try to go with the place.
Speaker 2: And we're trying to hustle in the sunda.
Speaker 3: They give anything.
Speaker 11: You know, we gotta do what talking too.
Speaker 2: But other places and we're gonna grab step where you call him from staff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm goddamn it.
Speaker 2: Seven. How long did it take you there? You had to practice that? How long did it take you?
Speaker 5: Let me?
Speaker 1: Let me take you someth'n take you a small story. Okay, I've been doing that since that came out in twenty and ten. I will say that in Hawaii. Hold gome back to Hawaiian when I said, when I learned that, And I'm a comedian now, I'm a commeeting out of Virginia Beach. My name is stef funded in me and not do that on stage. And I did tell yoke you about two or three times. So I don't understand why you never seen me buster. That's all of my TikTok all my Instagram, Facebook.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: Now, listen, we connected now, I ain't even gonna front. Hold on, Steph. We gotta get your information. Hold on it right, okay, all right, hold.
Speaker 3: On now, James she bodied that, James.
Speaker 4: Now a young lady named Stephanie just got on and she just bodied it. Now there's no pressure but goad.
Speaker 14: Your sub just almighty Buster Rhyme's man, come give my album in storing now, James the most flatinum in the streets.
Speaker 12: So we thought it was a silksmith, you know.
Speaker 13: And if you don't like that, James, like that, that was so bad that the best thelast yep that was bad.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 3: That was bad. You was washed the rhymes, your album flat in the street.
Speaker 2: And if you didn't get that.
Speaker 4: Buster said, we're looking for the best Bust impersonation. B e T we see out tomorrow, everybody else eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: We're looking for the best Buster impersonation.
Speaker 4: It's definitely got it so far as the breakfast slogan, morning warning everybody, it's Steve j n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club Buster rhymes and say he's our guest co host.
Speaker 2: His album Blockbuster is out right now.
Speaker 4: Cladi and Jordan is here and we're looking for the best Buster rhyme impersonation.
Speaker 2: A right, Hello, who's there?
Speaker 21: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Mama, Hey, my name is Queta.
Speaker 2: Queta what you call it from Quita.
Speaker 21: I'm calling from Georgia, but I'm from South Jamaica, queen.
Speaker 4: So okay Jamaica queens. Now yeah, let me get your your best busted impersonation.
Speaker 1: He's gonna know me.
Speaker 11: All I wanted to say is what you God?
Speaker 3: What's good with you? Queen?
Speaker 11: How you are you doing?
Speaker 1: But just gonna give you bless to just say, I'm proud of.
Speaker 4: You, my dude.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for the love. Queen. You know I appreciate the love all day. Thank you so so much.
Speaker 2: You good, don't I'm great?
Speaker 1: I got a seven year old I sold.
Speaker 4: I know you.
Speaker 1: You thought I was lying, but not be out the car.
Speaker 11: So I look like I'm lying.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, the love is real, you know we the family energy is definitely a real one. So whoever said that you was fronding, you could tell him to kiss your ass.
Speaker 1: No, it's baby girl seven.
Speaker 3: No, I know what I'm talking to.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, whoever was telling you that the family energy with me and you wasn't the truth, and you could tell him to kiss your ass because.
Speaker 3: Me and you was a friend.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, will my dude, I love you, man, I love you too.
Speaker 2: All right, you can hear your boys God bless Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this.
Speaker 5: Card?
Speaker 3: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 2: Let me hear your your best bust round impersonation.
Speaker 1: Now hit you with the defending you know what I'm saying, Yo, coming through with the frist.
Speaker 2: Trash bro try trash girl.
Speaker 3: Locking key right now? Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Definitely how that bust around? Let me hear you your best busting personation?
Speaker 12: Yo, yo, yo, yo yo flavors and your ass grease Buster around is about to bring the dois no cease.
Speaker 1: Let me loose from the belly of the beast hot everybody.
Speaker 12: Now, Hey, hey, hey, you better believe it's bust rounds are great? Be about to rich to try to think?
Speaker 3: Yo yo?
Speaker 12: Hey hey hey you asked to give your stishes throw you bet all right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 12: Yeah, what's up y'all?
Speaker 3: What's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 2: We're asking your best busting personation?
Speaker 12: Yeah, man, I got my bust rhyme impersonation.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: Buster?
Speaker 5: Good morning to you, man, Good morning to you to you better rep properly, don't don't don't sound crazy right now we need you to rep Hey.
Speaker 12: Yo, man, straight up real or I want to thank Timberland for really putting getting in on the project the Blockbuster, because he really helped me down, you know what I'm saying. Him and Swizzy with also for real. You know those guys them kings man, you know what I'm saying, They're real blessed man, and I feel blessed and honored for them to even be on this project for me, you know what I'm saying, holding me down and produce them for me, because uh, it was at one point of time, man, I had to.
Speaker 3: Pay it that ain't it can't come on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, Claudia, and they definitely ain't right. They ain't right, Queen, they ain't right. Definitely got it on.
Speaker 4: He got it definitely. We're gonna send you some cool stuff now. I gotta ask you.
Speaker 2: We had a Coco Jones up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Coco Jones said she was at the Rock Nation brunch right she ran over to an individual that she.
Speaker 2: Thought was you and did the whole bust of rhyme verse and realize it wasn't you.
Speaker 3: You know, I heard I heard so much about it.
Speaker 5: I didn't catch it when she was up here, but I got the I got the interview said to me, and I definitely bugged out when she said that, and I'm like, could she not know what's mean?
Speaker 2: And then we asked, was like, I didn't even go to the brunch.
Speaker 3: That wasn't there. Well, she said she spit it forty.
Speaker 2: She said she spit it to forty. Let's play clip.
Speaker 5: I saw.
Speaker 8: Go up to him and I was like, oh my gosh, like you had just seen my cover, my my freestyle of your thinking about on wilding out and he was like yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like remember, I was like, because I feel like I'm un like, I gotta get away, get.
Speaker 2: Away, you know.
Speaker 6: And he was like, that's good, Shy, that's good.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, I walk away.
Speaker 6: I'm talking to my manager. I said, what's the rhymes?
Speaker 3: Who was that anymore?
Speaker 6: My manager goes, girl, that's e forty.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 4: I was like, wow, oh no, nah, you said, but forty forty said it wasn't it me. Forty was here a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Last week. It was like, that wasn't me. I don't know who she was rapping to. So I don't even know who she was rapping to.
Speaker 6: If you was the person that Coco Jones was doing the bust of Rhymes birth please call it?
Speaker 3: Who are your Coco Jones? I'm a fan.
Speaker 5: I definitely love your love and I've definitely seen you body it on wilding Out. You bodied it, and I'm a fan of what you're doing. But how you going to say that you split into somebody thought it was me? And then who you thought you were splitting it wasn't there.
Speaker 11: That's the y.
Speaker 5: I ain't even gonna front. You're gonna have to You're gonna have to write that one. You gotta write that wrong. Go go but but but but but but besides that. E forty, let me just big him up real quick, please. He got a project, got the thumb. The name of his new album is the.
Speaker 3: Rule of Thumb.
Speaker 2: I think it's called Rule of Thumb.
Speaker 3: Rule of Thumb.
Speaker 5: I thinkum yeah, big up eat forty new album Rule of Thumb out now number two. E forty is one of the most incredible MC's to me, and one of the illness when it comes to the slanguistics. And not only that, his get to the bad game is so disrespectful. Absolutely, the wine, the food, the music, the real estate. This He's just one of my biggest inspirations is eat forty. I'm not asking you about how you feel about it. I'm telling you how you need to feel about it. A man is, truthfully like a manual on how to become a boss on a level that you've never seen one. From day one, been independent, still independent, not just in music, outside of the music. Funges on wine companies, funges on food companies, like you don't play with nothing when they come to that.
Speaker 6: Looks nothing alike. Absolutely nothing like that.
Speaker 2: But that's my big brother though he's dope. But you you know, at the Rock Nation brunch there's a lot of alcohol, so maybe she was a little twisted in.
Speaker 3: She definitely has a little fire water in her blood.
Speaker 2: She is doping.
Speaker 7: Maybe now she can write that wrong by jumping on a song, y'all do a song together. You didn't put that out.
Speaker 3: There, Jones.
Speaker 5: We could definitely get in the studio and cook up. Let's do that brown stool chicken curry, chicken curry, go full course, mill or all dirves in the dessert.
Speaker 2: Let's cook up for the right buster.
Speaker 4: Rob said Stefanie. Congratulations. When we come back, we got the room of report.
Speaker 2: What we talked about the room.
Speaker 6: Is somebody's celebrity son got put in the headlock. We're gonna talk all about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right now, I know has put his son in the head lock before I have put my head son in the head lock before.
Speaker 3: It is what it is, It is what it is.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast s Logod Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Buster Rhymes and Claudia Jordan here. Hey and Busters. He's holding down our Instagram live. Yeah, TikTok Live. So if you want to high that bus, he's on TikTok right now. But let's get to the rooms. Let's go Clodia.
Speaker 6: All right, everyone, I mean where.
Speaker 2: Relieve this.
Speaker 6: Is the rumor report Tommy Soldier boys sometimes because they say it.
Speaker 3: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Jordan's stories are great.
Speaker 6: If you live long enough, He's going to have story that is very true, very true.
Speaker 7: All right, y'all all over Instagram. The son of Tiny and Ti King Harris had a big old fight with his parents. The Atlanta Falcons celebrated fifty years of hip hop yesterday by involving several artists throughout the game. T I led the Falcons out of the tunnel for the game entrance, and Ludacris and Quavo performed during the halftime.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, the celebration for t I ended early.
Speaker 7: They were on live stream and Tiny and t I were having a heated altercation with their son, Harris King Harris. How the fight started is unclear, but there's a video floating around and there's a lot of chaos. And I would have got put in the headlock if I said all this stuff to my parents too.
Speaker 6: I stand on benning.
Speaker 3: You got me somewhere.
Speaker 1: I stand on benness.
Speaker 3: I stand on fishing.
Speaker 11: You want to hide it for the world, I'm gonna put it out there for the seat. You ain't had me behind the mansion.
Speaker 3: I was outside doing what I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: You wagged behind, got too much to drink?
Speaker 11: You right? I love you?
Speaker 6: What's wrong with toe?
Speaker 4: Why y'all doing that to me?
Speaker 11: Don know me?
Speaker 5: You know I stand up nic.
Speaker 11: Why are you even let y'all yourself you are the same out.
Speaker 2: Why you can't do that with me and you can do with me?
Speaker 4: That was That was the dad grabbing the sun. You know the sad thing about it. First, I want to salute the Atlanta Falcons. Drop a bomb for them, even I'm a Giants fan. What they did was they had all the hip hop artists in Atlanta come out for to celebrate hip hop fifty Ludacris performed. He was swinging from some type of zipline that they had from the thing they had t I bring the people out, bone crusher, every Atlanta artist. I think Jeezy was out there, which I thought was dope. Now with this argument, I hate to see it because it's you know, we all have we have kids, you know what I mean, and sometimes.
Speaker 2: We all get to a place where you test your dad.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 4: I've been there. My dad punched me one time in the chest and it was over. I'm sure I've seen you and your kids. Sometimes sometimes you gotta put your head, your son in the head locker, be like chill out. Absolutely, I've done the same sometime.
Speaker 3: But you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: When you when your son bucks up, sometimes you got to put him in his place.
Speaker 6: I just hate to see it. He continued bucking up on Instagram. King went to Instagram.
Speaker 7: He said, I stand on business. I don't give a f who you are. I don't give a f who you are. My can't play with me in my face, not going for it. I'm a grown ass man. If I'm a mistake, stop just say that. He's basically saying, you know, I'm a mistake.
Speaker 6: Just say it. Listen these new kids. Once again, this is a recurring theme.
Speaker 2: You can't say these new kids.
Speaker 4: I think all kids get to a point where they think they they're fresher or smarter, or stronger or faster than their parents.
Speaker 2: This level sometimes you gotta, yeah, you gotta just you gotta. You know, back in the day, you.
Speaker 4: Could smack fire out your son and you wouldn't get in trouble for it, and he would be deserved.
Speaker 7: This argument with my dad parents thirty seconds, I would have got slapped in the mouth.
Speaker 4: Could you just imagine the big words t I is using right now to the son. Could you imagine those words right now?
Speaker 2: I mean, it is sad to see it.
Speaker 7: It seems like he really wants that street credibility, and the parents are like well, probably feeling offended, like we did all this work to make you have have a better life than we did.
Speaker 6: You know, that's what it seems like to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no such thing that's cool about disrespecting your parents under no circumstances. I don't care what you think, how you feel, or what your rationale is. It's never an option.
Speaker 6: Never, And everything's on live stream now.
Speaker 3: We're not condoning none of that, not at all.
Speaker 7: All right, Tyrese demands his ex wife, Samantha Le to change her last name. Tyree shared a clip from an interview he recently did. In the clip, he says that he never spent twenty thousand dollars on his daughter when he was with his ex wife, so he refuses to pay that now in child support. He also brought up the fact that she is financially comfortable herself and that she was the one who chose to leave him. The caption was fellas, if you still want to be married or have a girl for Christmas, keep her away from this interview. My girl is mad at me about the podcast. After five months, she pulled up the vibrator and used it last night.
Speaker 2: We didn't have to hear all that, Tyre's. But I will say this, I thought they had, you know, I thought they signed, they signed a prenup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought they signed a prenup, so which a prenup I thought would state what they get, what happens if they get a divorce. So I don't understand how these these cases, you know, supersede the prenup.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna call cap on this, okay, okay, because I had a conversation with Samantha and she said, I'm only fighting for him to to to go with the prenup, Like, just go with what's in the prenup. I'm not asking for anything more or less. And she's like, this is all BS. It's twenty thousands a month. She said, it's all BS. Now, that's what she told me. I'm just I haven't spoken to him about it. I don't know him like that. But I spoke to her and she said she's just fighting for him to keep his word and just honor the prenup that they had because it.
Speaker 6: Was all spelled out.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's gonna give you some bars later on.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 2: Tore is gonna give you some balls.
Speaker 7: Tyres, I'm not worried about you giving me bars because we can have bars back and forth. You're not a rapper, neither of mi. I so you can just have bars. But I'm just going by what your ex wife told me that you probably.
Speaker 6: Still want all right. Following the interview, Samantha shared this message on Instagram.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna call this one. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 15: Once you learn what someone is capable of, you have to handle them a little different. DMX said this and it resonated with me. He said, it's too hard not to trust people.
Speaker 6: Instead, he trusts people to be who they are. He trusts a snake to be a snake.
Speaker 2: He trusts a liar to lie.
Speaker 6: He trusts someone who cheats to cheat.
Speaker 22: I can forgive you for what you've done, and I thank you for showing me what you're capable of, because now I know how to handle you, and it will be irresponsible of me to give you.
Speaker 15: The same kind of access knowing what I know now.
Speaker 7: Well, of course, Tyree's wasn't gonna let that ride, so he took to his social media and he says she wants to be famous, she wants a clout, she had the whole baby and faked the whole marriage to get a bag. Three law firms later, just hear her out, guys, please, He's like, Zelly and I are over here decorating the tree and blah blah blah blah blah. And he wants his last name back and he says, your trash birth name, Samanthos Wallenberg.
Speaker 6: And yeah, he went on and on.
Speaker 2: She said your trash birthday. That's crazy, you know.
Speaker 7: I don't like when you proclaim your love for someone, you get mad at one thing and then it's everything is Was it trash when you were telling us how she was.
Speaker 6: Your nubi and queen? Was it trash?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, that's how relationships are. And I wish that they would stay behind the scenes. Some of the things we don't need to see, especially when you have children involve. I hate the fact that they have to go back and forth because their child's gonna see it one day and they gonna see Mom don't like dad, Dad don't like mom. It's just a nazy situation where that child is gonna wind up leaning towards one side because of the.
Speaker 2: Fights that they're doing, and that's not healthy for that child. So I hope they get it together.
Speaker 6: Bless their hearts. I will say, all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: And that is your rumor report. Now Buster Rahms is here. The album is out right now, Blockbuster. Now we're about to get into a mix. I'm gonna start it off with a record off, but I like the the baby record in the Buster record a t P.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's get into that and the I'm gonna get into the mix and Buster rombs and say it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Gole morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Good news.
Speaker 18: If you're hiring, you've got help zip recruiter. Zip recruiter works for you to find great candidates fast. It's smart technology identifies qualified candidates for you and you can invite your top choices to apply. Try it for free at ZipRecruiter dot com. Slash Breakfast want to get anybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ MV Charlamagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host, Buster Rohoms' new album, Blockbuster is out right now, go get it, and also Claudia Jordan, our guest co host. So now we open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, and we're just telling people we're looking for the best buster rhyme impersonation, and we're gonna give some signed autograph CDs and let's go right to line six.
Speaker 2: Stephanie. Now this is your chance say good morning to buster.
Speaker 3: By Stephanie was good with you, boss lady.
Speaker 2: How you feel I'm doing right now?
Speaker 1: That look A couple of people and then called me and woke me up. They told me to get on the breakfast club and do busting runs.
Speaker 3: Alight down.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna bring me in?
Speaker 21: Let's go, because I feel like I'm running, and I like I gotta get away, get away, get away, but I know that I don't and.
Speaker 1: I won't ever stop because you know, I got to in every day day. You don't really really what a pop made?
Speaker 11: Just thank you?
Speaker 1: Another flop make and I know I gotta be a little cockade gonna.
Speaker 21: Stop me everything, I gotta get it and I gotta blow.
Speaker 11: And then I got every little thing, everything.
Speaker 3: Looking get it.
Speaker 11: Come on, everybody.
Speaker 5: Doing this and everything test and the banging, and he said, making it in the blessing. I got to give you more than I'll never give you lessing, and.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You know, we all open the race, and you know we gotta do to go with the place in which I know.
Speaker 2: The hustle and said that they go to do what talking to another places.
Speaker 3: We're gonna grab Steph.
Speaker 2: Where you call it from staph?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I from God damn it.
Speaker 2: Seven. How long did it take you to you had to practice that? How long did it take you?
Speaker 7: Let me?
Speaker 1: Let me take you someth'n say a small story. Okay, I've been doing that since that came out in twenty ten. I will stay in Hawaii, holding back to Hawaii when I said, when I learned that, and I'm a comedian now I'm a com meeting out of Virginia Beach. My name is Steph. Funny than me and not do that on stage? And I did on yoke about two or three times. So I don't understand why you never.
Speaker 21: Seen me buster.
Speaker 1: That's all of my TikTok over my Instagram Facebook.
Speaker 11: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Now listen, we connected now, I ain't even go front.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Steph, we gotta get your information. Hold on right, okay, all right, hold on.
Speaker 2: Now, James.
Speaker 3: She bodied that James.
Speaker 4: Now, A young lady named Stephanie just got on and she just bodied it. Now there's no pressure, but ad.
Speaker 14: Your almighty Buster Rhymes, man, come give him my album. Storing James almost in the streets, so we thought it was a silk Smith.
Speaker 13: And if you don't like that, James, mom like that.
Speaker 5: That was bad.
Speaker 2: Flast YEP, that was bad.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 2: That was bad all. When we come back, we got more with Buster Rhymes.
Speaker 4: Of course, we did your favorite Buster impersonation No Donkey today and we'll be back the breakfast logan morning. Everybody is e j en Vy, Charlomagne the guy, we are the breakfast Club, our guest co host, Buster Rhymes, and Claudia Jordan is here. Indeed, Charlemagne is out. His flight was I believe delayed, so he'd be back in a day now. I was gonna ask Buster, so the album is out today?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well I was out Friday. What should the people expect from this album? And you, you've played with so many different things. You said before you were going to retire, what should they expect from this album?
Speaker 2: And I meant to ask.
Speaker 4: You got three legends as producers, right, you got Pharrell, you got Swiss and Timberland. Yeah, another brother of yours that you worked with several times.
Speaker 2: It's Dre.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I was wondering, why not dra Since you got two for Pharrell, two for Swiss, two for ten, why not.
Speaker 2: Two for Dre.
Speaker 3: Dre plate was full.
Speaker 2: I tried, You tried, Okay, all right, Ever get into it.
Speaker 3: I tried.
Speaker 5: I did incredible records with Dre for other projects while opening that I would get one in return. But the magic about working with Dre is when he's focused on something and you got his fullest and as undivided attention, you're gonna get everything that supersedes even what you was hoping to get. Gotcha, That's how Dre operated. You prefer Dre in that space. He was working on some serious projects that I'm not at liberty to disclose. I was blessed with the opportunity to contribute to them, incredible projects that I'm not at liberty to disclode. I hope that I end up on them with the finished product, because I don't know how much more he gonna record it. You know, Drake's dandluck. Reaching the unreachable is what he always does. So by the time I see him again, probably he didn't probably recorded a thousand more masterpieces to contribute to whatever the classic body of work is that he's focused on at the time.
Speaker 2: Swiss says the same with you too. The Swiss says, you're a hoarder. I like to make records and hoard them. I do why.
Speaker 5: I mean a lot of that came from being around Dre and my whole aftermath experience from two thousand and three to two thousand and nine. After I made the Big Bang album, I just felt like that album was such an incredible body of work.
Speaker 3: It set me. It set up a new standard for me.
Speaker 5: I didn't never want to fall short when it came to any project that had to follow that up, and I felt like I did when I put out Back on my BS album, I didn't feel like it met the standard of Big Bang, but I still felt like it was an incredible project. That's why it took even longer for me to do El E two, because I already knew that I'm following up El E one, which turns twenty five by the way, on December fifteenth. Yes, put your hands your minds, because see turned twenty five this year. Because it's on that race, it's on one disaster track, so it turned twenty five. Excuse me last year And the crazy part is the Janet record is on the first El E one and we performed it for the first time in Madison Square Garden this year.
Speaker 3: That's right, never performed it before this year. So this whole year been magical for me.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I'm glad you said that I got to ask this. So there was rumors that before that you shot the video, that you had to take all types of tests to make sure you were clear with any of that true.
Speaker 3: None of that true.
Speaker 2: When I was dug with the Janet video, don't know, they said that we're pocket They said that was.
Speaker 3: Never true with me and Janet. Me and Janet.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing was the only thing that happened with me and her before the shoot was actually I mean making the song. And at the video shoot when she had the outfit she had on on we just had a conversation about the ring she was wearing all over the dress because I didn't know that that's what it was. So all of these little rings that you see on her fit. She was just explaining to me in a jokingly way that these are rings.
Speaker 2: I never knew that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that until she said it. Neither.
Speaker 2: I kind of like her more now you know, so so pause all of that.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, that was like the interesting in the conversation that broke the ice before we shot the video because you know, we got them scenes where we really touchy Philly Ith.
Speaker 3: You know, we just a bunch of sexual in your windows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the rumors were that she made everybody take HIV tests and STD tests before she did the video with you and the movie with pot.
Speaker 2: That was the quote unquote rumor.
Speaker 5: It wasn't necessary with us because I didn't have you know, we ain't kissed, we ain't have no physical intimacy, so that wasn't necessary for our situation. But you know, with all of that being said, I don't hoard the music because I just want to hoard the music. I just like to record. I'm a studio rap. I love to be creative. I love to go in the studios. You know, studio is the one place that's therapeutically, therapeutically.
Speaker 3: Tranquil for me.
Speaker 5: Like, studio, don't argue with you, studio, don't disrespect studio, don't raise his voice. You know what I'm saying, There's no beef in the studio. You go in there, you could comfortably be whatever you want. The days you go in the studio, you don't even create nothing. You lay that under the couch, you take a nap, you wake up. It's the environment that you own, you can control. You can imagine evolving into whatever is in your mind and becoming that and then actually executing displaying whatever that thought is, whatever that feeling is. Sometimes the music that I'm giving, it's not that I'm hoarding it, it's just if it don't feel like it's making sense for what I want the body of work to be, it gotta sit until I find the body of work that it fits.
Speaker 7: So this potential, like I was gonna ask you, like, will you ever open the and just release and just drop all these songs that you guys As a.
Speaker 5: Fact, And the beautiful part about the songs that I hoard, ninety percent of them are completed records, So you know this is like, you know, when my kids got to put out another twenty thirty albums on me, you know when my time comes, they got that to do it with. The beautiful thing is I'm an incredible shape. I'm the happiest I've ever been, and I'm the most passionate I've probably ever been about doing this thing that I'm doing, especially with the way the blessings is being bestowed in such an abundance. I'm excited about bushing everybody ass every day. I'm excited about that. So with that being said, it ain't stopping no time soon. The passionate, the fire that's burning in my soul and want to continue to do it is It's like gasoline is just being thrown on it every day and last but not least when I'm combined and that with the joy that I'm experiencing and the happiness that I'm experiencing, and the upswing on a business level and relationship dynamic with me and my kids being ultra lit and family and friends is just really enjoying me being in this space because they get this experience and me sharing this joy. I just want people to understand, the happier I am, the more in trouble you are. If you're not happy with me, because you're gonna be forced to be happy. You're gonna smile around me. I'm not with the typeface in the picture trying to look tough. I ain't with none of that. Them days is over with right. We happy joy happy happy, happy joy joy Joy. That's where we're at.
Speaker 4: We gotta come back. Blockbusters out right now. The new album stream it download, believe that it's the breakfast logan morning. Everybody's thej Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast club. Buster ROMs is here, Claudia jordan'sy our guess co host. Now, Bust, we want to appreciate you for joining us. That's the last four hours of much.
Speaker 3: I heard them. The first artist ever do to four hours.
Speaker 2: Full four hours, the first to do the full four hours block Time.
Speaker 7: On time, good Attitude, bomb ass album and just cool people, Integrate Smith, thank you so much, good.
Speaker 2: So we like it and Bust.
Speaker 4: We always ask you know we leave on a positive note. Please, we want you to give the positive note this morning for the people out there listen.
Speaker 5: The positive note is if you can't add to somebody's universe in a productive way, stay away from their universe. Don't disrupt their universe. And the same thing vice versa. Don't welcome nobody in your space and your universe if they can't add to it.
Speaker 3: In a productive manner, and that's shit. Live, Let live.
Speaker 5: Let the most high judge at the end of the day when it's all said and done, and be happy, get thanks, and spread that love and that joy, and just be ready to stand on your business in a solid way, stand on your square, solid, uphold it integrity, the moons and the principles, and just give that love and energy to everybody.
Speaker 3: Watch how you receive it.
Speaker 2: In the time they say it of it. The breakfast club, this club, good morning, Buster is here.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: You're doing an in store in the city today, right eleven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. As a matter of fact, let me get to this real quick. So we rocking out today. I need everybody to pull up on me. I don't care what you're doing. I don't care what your plans were. What y'all need to do is pull up on me. At Rough Trade, NYC. I'm doing an in store, in person meet and greet autograph signing of every single CD that is purchased personally by all of y'all, shown to me personally by y'all, being put in my hand personally by y'all, so I could personally sign each one for y'all.
Speaker 3: Pull up, we make it history today.
Speaker 5: It's a blockbuster today, it's a blockbuster moment for the blockbuster album period. That's right, and we're gonna make blockbuster history together. We have rough trade, NYC. I'm a be there at eleven thirty this morning.
Speaker 4: There's twelve fifty sixth Avenue. Again, there's twelve fifty sixth Avenue.
Speaker 2: Bus is gonna be there.
Speaker 4: Eleven thirty eight am, so you should start heading over there now. Leave that and he's gonna have actual physical copies of the album, so you'll get them signed.
Speaker 2: And thank you a getting busted. Appreciate you, brother, Good to see you.
Speaker 5: Maybe you gotta do this a little more regularly, King, whenever you in town, in the station, outside the station.
Speaker 3: We gotta do it the way we used to do with King.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Miss Jones Jordan.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, Jordan, I'm thinking Coco Jones still because y'all still got me bumping off the fact.
Speaker 3: I'm not even gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I've been called wors It's fine, m Claudia Jordan.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, not only was it the honor and a pleasure to spend this time with you, it was an honor and a pleasure to be able to understand and be inspired by your incredible beauty and your youthfulness, your incredible energy and me and you got to definitely build on your show as well.
Speaker 7: I would love to have you on my show. I have been a fan of you for a very long time. I'm a big time hip hop head.
Speaker 3: So yes you, queen, thank you so much. We grew together. We're in the same you know, we're from the same alumni. Queen.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's my type of talk about nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Up and there you have it.
Speaker 4: It's the It's the Breakfast Club on Power one, O five one Homer Angie Martinez where we use next