Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, this is Zach Brass and Donald Fazer. This episode was recorded before the strike. We were not allowed to air it because we're not allowed to talk about scrubs during the strike. So if it seems like we're not talking about anything relevant to today, it's because it was recorded way back when when.
Speaker 2: Joel July eleventh.
Speaker 1: July eleventh, Holy cown.
Speaker 3: Today's November twenty first.
Speaker 1: Wow, well that's when we're recording. This is gonna air when Joel.
Speaker 2: Next week, the twentieth.
Speaker 1: And I also want to tell you, because it's the twenty eighth, A Good Person is finally available for free on Amazon Prime. You can watch A Good Person tonight on Amazon Prime for free. If you haven't had a chance to check it out, please check it out. We love you. Here's the show. Hi, everybody, Welcome to the program. This is called Fake Doctor's Real Friends.
Speaker 3: And do you know why it's called Fake Doctor's.
Speaker 1: Real Friend ZB Is that Donald one?
Speaker 3: Because we're real friends. But at one point in life, we were on a show called scrub Right.
Speaker 1: It ran in the ATS and we played fake doctors and the show is beloved across the universe even today. So many years later, I can't believe it. And what we decided to do was get together and record our conversations about the old program, our memories, our recollections, some inside jokes, and a whole lot of tangents. And you know, yes, go ahead.
Speaker 3: You know what that's called.
Speaker 1: What's that called a podcast?
Speaker 3: Play dude?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true, Donald, and we we've created a podcast that is is beloved across the universe. The universe, Joelle, the universe, not just on Earth. We get letters from Pluto, the Dagaba system, Yeah, the Dagaba System. I got a wonderful piece of art from Jupiter.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 4: Who Tank Forever? Who Tank Forever? I'm good speaking of Who Tank Forever? You know, there have been a lot of movies that have come out recently, and I've had the opportunity to sit down and enjoy some of them.
Speaker 3: Some of them I enjoyed a lot, some of them not so much.
Speaker 4: Some of them I But these are the movies that I've seen since the strike has gone on.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Indiana Jones, Go Ahead, Avatar, Way of the Water. Okay, I watched it, finally, It's a long one. Yes, what else did I see? The Transformers?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: You're the guy. You're the guy who watched it the flash right.
Speaker 4: Anyway, at one point in the box office, three weeks in a row, people of color were the number one. Yeah, it was a freaking awesome moment. I'm gonna just put it out there. Just read it.
Speaker 3: For like three weeks straight, we was rocking that shit.
Speaker 1: I don't understand because the movies you just mentioned didn't star people of color, So can you explain what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: So like Transformers right, number one movie in a box office two people of color, the Miles Morales in the Spider Verse. I saw that also, Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, all of them.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite for show the dad that.
Speaker 6: Had hit you so hard, like a lot of levels.
Speaker 4: There's just so many things about that movie. Like I went in there thinking it was gonna be the first one all over again, something that was a little bit catered towards kids.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But Miles Moraless has grown up a bit.
Speaker 3: He's grown up quite a bit.
Speaker 4: That thing is like, it's not a kid's movie, man, it's a you know, shout out to to Chris and film man. Yo, dude, Okay.
Speaker 1: I read that the flash is uh, I think going to be the biggest flop of all time, the biggest flop of all time, Joelle, Is that true?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 6: Zach had abysmal opening weekend and it's just been a spiral every day since. So it's wild, uh that we're here. I think some people tried to predict it. It's like, hey, I don't know if it's gonna hit.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say I think it really shows you how strong the LGBTQ community is. Also, though, you know what I mean, because a lot of the protests came from that area and has shown and it's shown, Look, you can't be that type of person and expect us to come out and support you.
Speaker 6: Ron, for sure, I'd like to say that it was just the strength of the LGBTQ I a community, and yeah, we did it. But I really think that specifically see at Warner Brothers has disenfranchises.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say this.
Speaker 6: It's just there's a lot of people who have issues with it, from a lot of to there's that angle. There's the people who love Zack Snyder and the people who did not like Zack Snyder's films. Both of them have issues and didn't show up to see this movie. It's just it's it's they're up against so much. And because this is the final film of an installment that is not going for where James Gun has been very clear about the new direction of DC. I think a lot of people are like, Oh, I just wait for it to come out on DVD if I want to see it. But it's not building to you anything so and it's not really a finale. It's kind of swishy washy. And because of that, I think they weren't able to gather any type of audience to kind of come see and support the movie.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting how powerful Hollywood it is.
Speaker 1: Zach.
Speaker 3: You've got a very big weekend coming soon. You've got Barbie and Oppenheimer. I know you're excited about that.
Speaker 1: I would see for finally, there's two films that I would like to see in the theater that I'd like to see them both. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get a ticket to see them both open weekend anymore, because.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be really that's interesting, man, This thing is like Barbie and Oppenheimer on are on track to freaking breaking the box office.
Speaker 2: This double feature tickets.
Speaker 1: They already they announced that over twenty thousand people had bought double feature tickets so far. Well, what are they calling it? Barbenheimer?
Speaker 6: Burbenheimer. Yeah, I bought the t shirt at the Barbie one with the nuclear bomb explosion reflected in her sunglasses.
Speaker 1: It's really cool.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna go fully decked out, got a whole friend group.
Speaker 2: I'm thrilled. I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: I'm really Yeah, go ahead and say we're gonna find out any second, well any hour now, because we are recording this on the eleventh of July. If SAG is gonna strike yep. Now, if SAG strikes, you're not allowed to even promote a movie. So both of those movies, even though Barbie's had their premiere, I believe they they'll have to. It's not that they need to help, of course, duh, But I mean they both have to stop. The actors will no longer be able to promote their their movies.
Speaker 3: Aren't they like overseas right now? A lot of them doing this.
Speaker 6: Like are they just yesterday or the day before Sunday? They had their premiere?
Speaker 3: But isn't the Oppenheimer crew overseas and stuff like that doing press.
Speaker 1: I don't think they've started yet. I don't know, but I just know that no matter what you're doing as an actor, whether in a gigantic movie like that or you're in a smaller, little indie movie, you are not allowed to even promote it on Instagram. Once the SAG strike starts and and all signs are pointing to a strike. I was thinking it was going to be averted, but it's not looking good. You can't even be like, check out my ship?
Speaker 3: Can you post on Instagram like, you know, look at my animation? Yes, well you're non union? Can union?
Speaker 1: It's not you and less you as a producer, have decided to unionize your garage animation. I finally said to Donald today, I go, dude, an epiphany. Why are you animating some of our little moments on this show? You've you've gotten so good, You're fucking doing Star Wars. Why aren't you doing little segments of fake Doctor's real friends? What the fuck?
Speaker 3: I have puppets being built as we speak, sir dummy.
Speaker 1: Wow. All of a sudden, I was like, if I see one more why Kenoby quote?
Speaker 4: I have puppets being built. It's expensively and it's coming out of my own pocket.
Speaker 1: But I want a Zach Braf puppet. Okay, okay, there, we can make him say anything.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make him say a lot better. You know what I say. I'm gonna make him say, imagine these I'm gonna say. I'm say you know what, I make him say, no exactly, I'm gonna make them say, imagine Dragon.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Imagine Dragon needs not to cross your face.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you guys something funny? I said this to you guys. Oh. Also, we got Mission Impossible coming out. Oh true.
Speaker 4: Listen, if you got a movie that's another the one trending, that's trend that's really trending.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you got twenty four hours. If you've got a movie coming out, big or small, promote the shit out of it because you're not allowed to in twenty four hours. Fact clock is ticking. We got to promote promote it. Now.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, I wonder.
Speaker 1: Where this guy sent this to you guys.
Speaker 3: But even on our podcast we talked about movies. Today you can talk about movies.
Speaker 2: We're not an upcoming projects.
Speaker 1: We're reporting them, you can't promote your own wares. By the way, the exemptions, interestingly are animation and commercials, which are part of different contracts. So if you were in an animated.
Speaker 3: So I'm not, I don't even have to worry about. I don't worry about if you were in.
Speaker 1: A new T mobile commercial, you could promote it. Wait, can I play the audience this this guy. You guys barely reacted to this, but I thought this was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. I sent it to y'all. It's this guy. His name is Gabe Gibbs, and he takes songs and he Broadway Broadway affies them. Oh and he took You didn't see this, Donald, I said, no.
Speaker 3: You sent it to me. Yeah, he ruins everything.
Speaker 1: He took the missy misdemeanors. And let me just play a little bit of of his Broadway aification of missy misdemeanor Gabe Gibbs on Instagram. Is it worth it?
Speaker 5: Let me work here? Donald did put my thing and flipping reverse.
Speaker 3: He can sing.
Speaker 5: If you got a big.
Speaker 2: Let me search Chuck.
Speaker 5: And find out how hard I gotta work out.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll stop it. That'sh it's hilarious to me. That's good. He does that for all sorts of He did one for Cisco's Thong song Wrong. I could sing like that, Donald, in my mind, I sing like that. Who was that singing Gabe Gibbs on Instagram? I'm giving him movie Gabe Gibbs. He's a comedian Broadway type singer who does spoofs of songs like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking because in a couple of hours We're not going to be able to promote Gabe Gibbs.
Speaker 1: We can. I don't think he's doing a sag and performing all right counter sit.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of dogs and.
Speaker 3: Nurses said he's the stories net so Yanda ra.
Speaker 5: YadA.
Speaker 1: What a bizarre episode of Scrubs.
Speaker 3: Donald, It's all about love, baby, It's all about the love that everybody feels for each other.
Speaker 1: Is that what it's about? The theme seems to be about handholding. Interesting little tidbit from Scrubs Wiki. The interns are not in this episode at all. They're gone. Sarah Chalk barely in the episode. I don't know what she had going on, but she only makes a couple of appearances. Same with kel So only does a couple of little drive buys.
Speaker 3: Maybe Sarah was doing Firefly Lane at the time.
Speaker 1: No, Donald, this was a very long time ago. She was not doing Firefly Lane.
Speaker 3: Do you know what my son said to me today?
Speaker 1: What did your son say to you today? Donald?
Speaker 4: He was like, why does Zach have a beard? And I was like, oh, you know, this was season eight. He was trying to switch it up. He said, you know what, Zach looks older than with that beard than he does now.
Speaker 1: Ohne him. I like that, Thank you, Rockover. I could tell you my beard does not look brown anymore. So I don't really grow it out too much because I have so much gray hair in it. It makes me feel self conscious about it. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Your beard looked a little dyed back then too, though it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: I swear to god, it was perfectly beautifully brown.
Speaker 3: You had a brown beard, Broro.
Speaker 1: I had a brown beard. Look at Daniel's beard. You see that glorious reddish beard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's reddish. Though Daniel got the reddish. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. You don't even you barely have any gray in your beard.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's all gray.
Speaker 5: So much.
Speaker 3: No, you know what it is.
Speaker 1: You've got a couple of Cliff Claven patches. Don't get me.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we can't uh, we can't al there be that's the coolest Cliff clayven there.
Speaker 1: But you all have to remember that's a deep cut. For those of you who don't remember, there was a Cheers episode where they had a beard growing contest and Cliff Clips was very patchy.
Speaker 3: Cliff Claven in Star Wars Empire strikes back.
Speaker 1: M M all right. So we learned right off the bat that Zeltzer has a webcam in his home and he watches his wife do the dishes.
Speaker 4: Right, and so he shows Cox his wife and Cox is like, oh my god, who are those two naked people?
Speaker 1: Right? And which Seltzer says, that's mister and missus dish. He's she's doing the dishes. So there's a lot of freaky sex stuff going on over at Zeltzer's house. You know, when Zeltzer appears, there's gonna be some some twisted sex humor. Really should say the brilliant Bob cl Denon always funny.
Speaker 3: Always Now can that be construed as cooking?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Joel isn't cooking when you're forced to watch your partner engage in.
Speaker 3: So cooking is when you're forced to watch it.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure the specific it feels like it would be in the ballpark, not part of this community.
Speaker 1: So I don't know a hundred but maybe you could look it up first, Joelle. If you don't mind messing up your.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Don't you do it?
Speaker 3: Computer? Don't you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your phone, don't you do it.
Speaker 1: I think that Zeltzer probably is into being a cook because he's at work watching his wife bang a couple. I don't know much about cooking, but I feel like that's in the ballpark, Joel.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about Daniel knows. At the risk of at the risk.
Speaker 8: Of sound falling into this category. Yeah, cooking is usually something that you're into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're into your your your into watching your into watch.
Speaker 4: Is there is there a reverse cooking where like the wife is into watching the man.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 8: And sometimes there's like a there's like a like a domination part to it where the wife is like, yeah, you like me, you like watching me get fucked?
Speaker 1: You pathetic?
Speaker 3: Oh, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Where they talked down to them.
Speaker 9: Yeah where they Okay, here you are, Oh man.
Speaker 3: I don't like I don't like that though, you.
Speaker 1: So, Jordan. Jordan is taking advantage of all the benefits of Cox being the chief of medicine. She's stealing food from the cafeteria.
Speaker 3: She's firing people.
Speaker 1: She's firing people. She took Jack out of preschool for Yam Kapoor, even though Kapor was several weeks.
Speaker 4: Ago, even though you know Jack is turning out to be a diabolical genius.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jack is running wild in the hospital.
Speaker 3: He's running his mother too. He checks his mother consistently to get out of school, in which he pronounces he hates at what does he He can't he can barely put sentences together.
Speaker 1: A thing probol. I have a little thing on Jack Cox from Scrubs, Wickie. Jack Cox is confirmed to me four years old in this episode. However, the episode depicting his birth my Comra aired six years before this episode. This can be explained in the following reasons. All of season six took place in less than nine months, not a full year, as the first five seasons were. Also, Season seven did not show a depiction of a full year passing. Doctor Cox forgot how old his son is, and Jack is very close to his fifth birthday, so scrubs WICKI helps rationalize that Jack may indeed before Way to Go, Trevor, Yeah, Trevor, someone spent a lot of work on that. That was a deep cut. Very good, but may mean the kid hates school.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 4: Understand how you can hate daycare, like that's all it is. He's going to daycare if he's four years.
Speaker 1: Old, he'd much rather run around the hospital and funck shut up.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what it is.
Speaker 1: The janitor has blood on his face from shaving, but he makes it clear that it's not from his blood.
Speaker 3: So who was he shaving.
Speaker 1: He was shaving someone else and that person bled and that person's blood is on his face.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Neil has a very big part in this episode.
Speaker 3: Oh they're so cute. Oh wow, they're very cute.
Speaker 1: He and Lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh wow, Way to Go, a lot of people don't know this, but that's Mark Stegman's wife, Kit Panjetty.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kit Pongetti, who plays Lady She.
Speaker 3: And Stegman, who is one of our writers from the beginning. Pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was at the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she came aboard on the show. And that's I mean, it's just pretty awesome. Like we at this point, we have a lot of family members like Ted and Anna are married.
Speaker 3: At this point, you have.
Speaker 1: To explain who those people are. Daniel Donald, It's Donald.
Speaker 3: Right, it is Donald, Zach Zach I'm correct, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zachar reed, but a nickname of Zach ahead.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just talking about our cast and crew, Like we've all at this point, all of us, you know, have gone through some type of real relationship or real breakup. Like at this point, I've been divorced, I dated somebody, and then now I'm at this point, I'm dating Casey as.
Speaker 3: We're doing this. You know, Zach, you went through a couple of relationships while we did this show as well. But then there were cast there were crew members like Ted and Anna. Anna was in sound. I think Ted is he was a grip. He was a grip. They they wound up getting married. You were a part of their engagement. We were all a part of their a whole video. We surprised them. The engagement was made to seem like it was a scene. We were shooting, but it was all an elaborate ploy so he could propose to the love of his life.
Speaker 4: But this is eight years in on a show. And this is also you know, almost twenty years ago too. You know, laws were different and everything, so it wasn't a big deal to marry somebody that you were working with or date somebody that.
Speaker 1: I think you're still allowed to legally marry someone that you work with. Donald you well, there's a lot of the one has to abide by some HR protocols. These days, you start allowed to fall in love.
Speaker 4: My point is is that you know, we were a real family at at this point. We were this and and it was coming to an inn and we all knew it was coming to an end. And so all of these relationships when you watch it right now, when you watch when you watch Cox and Jordan, it's it's been so seasoned and it's so it runs so well that you know, everybody's relationship in this thing is cute. Everybody has a really good like you could you you you all at all of it so much so that JD and Elliott's relationship nobody really cares about, you know what I mean, It's just what.
Speaker 1: I make a joke about that, because the JD and uh and and Elliott thing has been so beaten to death that Bill is obviously making fun of it because they want attention for their relationship and everyone's like, we don't care. It's kind of like the audience having a voice being like, please, we're so exhausted by hearing about your on again, off again relationship. That's really the only moment Sarah has in the whole show is being like, no one cares about our relationship anymore. It's like, we don't care. There's been too much of it. So I think Bill's sort of making fun of of the on again, off again UH stuff.
Speaker 3: But in all of it, everybody's so cute. But you know who takes the cake? Oh turkey, Carla.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you biased in that account?
Speaker 3: I am not. I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Joel, just facts.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just what it is, dude.
Speaker 1: Like, that's funny when you go I have to go check with my boss, and you run and make it look like you're running to Cox, but then you run to Carla.
Speaker 3: That's real life, man. That's how many and Casey are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Casey is your boss. Are you afraid of her?
Speaker 4: I'm afraid of what she'll do to me. I'm not necessarily afraid of her. I'm afraid of what she can do.
Speaker 1: But do you ever about to make a decision and you're like, I'm gonna get in trouble with my wife if I make this decision.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am consistently saying to I say this in professional situations, like people will be like, do you think you're free to do this? To do this project in a couple of weeks, you know what. I need to talk to my wife about that first. But yeah, I think maybe. But I got to talk to her first because if she's like, no, you're not free, guess who's not free.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. Now I have to confess you about this Sports Center thing. This is a true story. I had never heard this melody before, so this is real life, okay. JD joins Turk watching Sports Center. Turk says that he's watched it every day since he was ten years old, and JD says, so they just sit there and talk about sports, and Carla cackles because JD's a girl. Yeah, and then JD says, you's a dirty whore, which is pretty coming in here.
Speaker 4: Then okay, so but we should set it up though. Turk is complaining that he's surrounded by women. First, is he the new baby on the way, Carla, he's surrounded by women? Elliott always surrounded by women, And she goes, no, you're not. He goes, I'm surrounded by women. She goes, I guess. And then you walk in and you're like, hey, she gets the joke also, right, And from that moment on, everything JD says sounds like he's one of the women in church life.
Speaker 1: Right, And so he doesn't like that, and he calls her a dirty wore, and Turk says dude, and he goes, sorry, not dirty, and he goes, dude, sorry, not a whore. No, no, no, no, never heard it in my life before making this joke. So I am a messod actor and Bill. Bill found great glee in the fact that I had never heard this melody before. Do you watch ESPN every day?
Speaker 3: Donald, that's how you get your sports knowledge? Of course?
Speaker 1: Do you watch it every day?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do watch it every day.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw a bit of sports things that happened. It made it to my radar because it was such a major sports thing. This incredible baseball player stole second, third, and home in three pitches. Wow, you didn't know that, did you?
Speaker 3: I missed that one.
Speaker 1: Did you know that, Daniel? I did not? Actually, how do I know a major sports Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is not making sense.
Speaker 6: How because I would never watch baseball literally ever. But I came up on my threads feed the other day and I.
Speaker 1: Am, oh, so Joelle's dropping Threads feed like she's an early adopter.
Speaker 2: We're promoting a movie.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: I was like, a new application move.
Speaker 6: Also, it tracks all of your followers and I get to keep my check mark.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it tracks all of your phone? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Threads is the new Twitter.
Speaker 3: Please explain this to me, because I've heard of this ship.
Speaker 1: But I got a freeze, I got a few I got Mark Zuckerberg sees that Elon is on the ropes has become a cesspool, and he's like, I got something for you. It's Twitter, but it's on Instagram and it's called threads. Wait, and it becomes the most signed up for app in the history of apps overnight, and now it's I assume extraordinarily popular. And Joelle is dropping it like everybody knows it.
Speaker 6: One hundred million people are already on it. And the brilliant thing they did is like, so Twitter removed the check mark, which means you don't know who you're following.
Speaker 2: It's not veryfied. It's also totally screwed up the.
Speaker 6: Like commenting, so when you go to read the comments, it's whoever has paid, which makes them abysmal. You just don't want to read them, which reduces the time you're on Twitter. So now Twitter's dead. So Instagram was like, well, what if you could keep your entire Instagram following. Everyone you follow will automatically get uploaded into your new account, and anyone who follows you, if they sign up, will automatically just get like pinged, Like hey, you can just follow these people that you already know. Plus you can keep your verification if you're verified on there, so people can trust that it's actually you posting. And it runs just like old Twitter. It's like it's like we're on Twitter from three years ago. It's very bizarre.
Speaker 1: From Okay, I have a question first, I go, first, go go go. What prevents it from becoming a cess pool of hate liking on Musk's Twitter nothing.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, that's hard. I mean, truly, it's no. Don't be sorry, because you're right, it's it's right now. We're sort of living in a very nice space. So far, it's been a very nice experience. Instagram does have some rules.
Speaker 1: You remember after nine to eleven in New York, nobody was honking for like a month.
Speaker 2: Yes I was there, but I had heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody honked for like a month. Everyone was kind. That sounds like threads, Yeah, this kind of word, and people are like, oh, it's nice.
Speaker 6: We found a home and I know who these people are, and so that's comforting. I will say that Instagram does have rules that Twitter has definitely abolished in the last so like you can't pose nudes, you can't.
Speaker 3: So like, I don't know how long this is gonna last.
Speaker 6: It's a little more family friendly. They're very like intense on like hate speech. So if they keep the rules and their moderators are there, then even if they might fare better longer than Twitter did, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: Is it true that if you sign up for threads and you decide, you know what, I don't want it anymore, you lose your Instagram account.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 6: It is connected to your Instagram. So if you delete your Threads, you also delete your Instagram. So really be very careful before you sign up, because.
Speaker 4: I create can you create a threads and Instagram burner account, but then you don't get the followers.
Speaker 3: Don't get the followers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see. I'm gonna take a wait and see you approach because I'm trying to get off all of these things. I don't want to add another. I got off Twitter. I just twisted not healthy, and I was using it to promote a good person, and I once, once my promotion for that was done, I just took it off my phone. I do not find it a healthy place to be. I like Instagram still because it feels pretty friendly.
Speaker 3: Naw, that's just starting to get crazy too, though. Man.
Speaker 4: Instagram, Look, man, all you gotta do is look at one freaking girl in a bikini one time on Instagram and then all of a sudden, your fucking shit is flooded.
Speaker 1: It tells me you didn't look at one girl in a bikini.
Speaker 3: All I know is Casey walks by and she's like, what are you looking at? And I'm like Joe, I can't get this shit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah right, But Casey's not an idiot. She knows that means you looked at ten girls in bikinis.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, just one, just one.
Speaker 1: It does overwhelm you. Like like, I've been looking at boats lately just because it's summer and I love boats. I love looking at big boats, and I just think they're so cool. And I've clicked on, like I probably clicked on maybe ten big ass yachts just to be like, check them out because I just think they're so rad. My feed is ninety nine percent big gas yachts, and I want to tell it like, guys, I'm kind of interested in it. I'm not one hundred percent like it overwhelms you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it gets you.
Speaker 1: But in your case, it's women in bikinis. It's like, does your wife get mad when she looks at you and she sees that your whole feed is women in bikinis? Is she like what the fuck?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Man, my wife.
Speaker 4: Look, man, you saw this whole thing that happened this weekend with Usher and Kiki Palmer and all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I didn't really follow it. I didn't really follow it.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean, Like, in all honesty, she was out having fun, and it's none of my business to be honest with you. So I really don't know how to comment on it. But apparently her husband or her baby daddy got a little jealous of the fact that she was out dancing on Usher.
Speaker 1: Girlfriend dancing on Usher.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. I don't listen. As long as she listened, as long as that's all that they're doing, and she's out having fun.
Speaker 1: With her friends.
Speaker 3: Usher, with your girl, Usher, you you're absolutely right. And if and if she and if she was and if she is that easily ready to leave with Usher, congratulations Usher, you gave her back to the city. You gave her back to the streets. Baby, way to go, baby. Like one.
Speaker 6: Man said that, uh, Usher is an ally in that U should just getting your girl ready to come back home.
Speaker 1: To you, to you, she's coming home with it.
Speaker 3: I can't damn.
Speaker 1: Ushers getting ready. I don't believe in that ship.
Speaker 8: I'm only going to say is if an artist makes sexy music, are they supposed to not perform it sexy?
Speaker 1: There's no standing up there and be like.
Speaker 4: I don't think dude was married. I don't think dude was married at Usher. I think dude was married at his at his of course, but like, but in my opinion, she looked like she was having a good time. That didn't look like there was anything crazy going on.
Speaker 1: Was I only saw a snippet of it. Wasn't he mad though? That her outfit was se through his part of it? Yeah, that's up, which is also I.
Speaker 3: Don't give a ship about that, either man or wife becoming Yeah, man, come on in.
Speaker 1: Your lys see through body suit grinding on usher.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, that would be I would have a moment of my big hundred would I would have a moment of am I being cooked? It would be aler moment.
Speaker 6: He didn't grind she like he's tirl. She did a little twirl.
Speaker 3: She Ye, it wasn't like it wasn't like I'm not about to say it wasn't like she was all up on his deck, like just fucking grinding, Like, look at a different that's different.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch the video. I don't know what happened. It's very tame.
Speaker 2: To a giant audience.
Speaker 6: He comes down to Kiki, he grabs her hand, They do a little two step. He twirls her she giggles with her friends, and then he moves on.
Speaker 4: She knows she gets a chance to sing and everything like that too, like she she takes the moment. Well, no, it's because look, Kiki Palm is one of the most freak extented people on the planet.
Speaker 3: Exactly. Let's just be honest. Let's just let's just keep it one hundred right now. You want to get it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know we were keeping it one hundred. Let me, let's just keep it one.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about one of the most talented people on the planet right now, Kiki Palmer is one of them, you know what I mean. And so I should put the microphone in front of her face and dared her to sing, and guess what, Being one of the most talented people on the planet it, she was able to do that shit effortlessly and so like she took the moment and shined like one hundred percent with it. Whereas you know me, and now, if I were watching that ship, I'd be like, go on, girl, But that's just me, you know what I mean. And I know it's coming home later and I know that that's it's gonna be nasty too.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Hey on that. No, we're gonna take a quick break and we will be right back with more of the program you enjoy so much called fake doctors, real friends, eat these balls and we're we're okay. So sports Center the place for sports.
Speaker 3: And Center the place for sports, and.
Speaker 1: We actually got the Sports Center anchors. I understand. Those are the real people at the time to say that.
Speaker 3: Hannah's still there.
Speaker 1: The worst athlete in the world is JD. And then we cut the JD. He's got a natural Runner T shirt, holding a tennis racket, a baseball glove and has a football helmet on and is hitting himself with the helmet and says, I like wearing a helmet because I did. I can do this and it only hurts a little bit. Yeah, it's JD's sports moment.
Speaker 3: Good, that's not even a sports moment.
Speaker 1: That's just like I've seen that as a meme a lot. Yeah, people like that, what.
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, let's keep it. Come on, man, Like you had a help, you had a helmet on, he had a tank tap.
Speaker 1: On, wasn't a seven top T shirt?
Speaker 3: Did you have one glasses? No, you didn't have protective glasses.
Speaker 1: On. No, you're saying we could have done more.
Speaker 3: I'm saying we could have gone a lot further. We could have I mean it was funny. Yeah, at the time, I remember laughing, really.
Speaker 1: Really really think you were there when we shot it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I remember laughing for some reason.
Speaker 1: We were hanging out. Yeah, this part is very funny. When JD goes to watch Churk dough surgery through the glass and I remember, I improv this, this whole dough a deer thing. It's it's a deer. I go, no, no, it's dough. It's a deep dough. You know, do it's a deer?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, because JD can. JD can relate to it through the sound of music.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: That's the only way that the way that JD finds his key is that, no, it's dough. It's a deer, a deer, dough a deer.
Speaker 4: You know, my kids are asking about that movie recently, and I'm really excited for them to watch it.
Speaker 2: Sound of music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really excited for them to watch it.
Speaker 4: You know, that's one of the as a kid, do a Deer is That's one of the dopest songs ever, and then so long farewell and then rain drops on roses and whiskers on kitten, right, babe, like they just got some bops in that movie Paper. These are a few of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Must be careful because those Nazis come out of nowhere in that movie. You're like nazis. We were singing about a dough a deer.
Speaker 3: Right, and then all of a sudden they got to escape.
Speaker 1: You might you might want to show the kids the first part.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what I did this weekend?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 3: This was a mistake, and it wasn't a big mistake. It was actually a first of all, I showed the kids Forrest Gump. Oh my god, that Forrest Gump.
Speaker 1: Why is it bad?
Speaker 3: I don't recall this movie being so sad. Oh yeah, I recall it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like I remember Forrest Gump being uplifting movie about a dude with special needs who's extremely lucky and smarter than you know you give him credit for, and you know, has one of the best lines ever, stupid is as stupid?
Speaker 3: Does you know what I mean? That movie? Everybody in his life dies, yeah, pretty much everybody for him to learn all of these great lessons and everything like that. He has to lose everyone.
Speaker 1: So were your kids traumatized by that?
Speaker 4: Myke's son couldn't go to bed last night talking two nights ago, talking about I don't want you guys to die.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh shit, that's what for. That's what PG thirteen means, right, Yeah, that's what PG thirteen.
Speaker 1: That's what happened to me with terms of endearment. My dad showed me Terms of Endearment about a mom saying goodbye to her kid because she's dying of cancer. And I was like, I was so traumatized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what is traumatizing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's all trying. Look, dude, Rocos saw Bubba going before it even happened.
Speaker 3: Roco's like, oh, he was like He's like, Bubba's gonna die. And I was like, ah yeah, he was like oh and he starts crying. I'm like, oh shit, you know what I mean. Right around the time Bubba's starting to talk about you joined the you and me will create, will be a shrimping team, and we'll be doing all of that stuff together, Roco's like, oh shit, Bubba's gonna die.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wait, how did you soothe them though, like because eventually as something, he went to sleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it took quite a bit. It was like one o'clock in the morning finally when he went to sleep. But it was a lot of cuddling and a lot of a lot of you know, trying to explain that death is a part of life, and you know, it's very difficult.
Speaker 3: You know, he's nine years old, and we showed him something that was maybe a little bit too. This was the lesson for us as parents too.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes that PG thirteen warning isn't the you know, I look at PG. Thirteen and I'm thinking violentce. I'm thinking, you know, okay, something's gonna transform in. Maybe it's gonna maybe they'll say fuck one time or something like that. I wasn't expecting. I so halfway through it, I'm like, oh my god, this movie. I'm crying in the movie. And I remember watching the movie and being like, look how great this is shot.
Speaker 3: Look at the you know what I mean, back in the day thinking about it as a from a from a from an artistic you know, with Roco. I'm looking at now, I'm looking at it like, oh no, these events are about to happen, and I have to be ready to explain it, and it was difficult.
Speaker 1: It was very a good lessons, good lesson to parents to remember why there's a PG. Thirteen there, because because he was probably too young to be seen.
Speaker 4: He was way too young to be watching it, and I didn't I and I looked at it as oh, it's PG thirteen.
Speaker 3: It's not a problem thinking the war would be. The war would be, you know, Vietnam is all I gotta worry about.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah? And it doesn't doesn't. The girlfriend die of AIDS?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she dies of AIDS.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, this is how old Forrest Gump is. Genny dies from AIDS. This is how old Forest Gump is, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I thought she was the most beautiful woman i'd ever seen, Jenny.
Speaker 3: What so did Forrest? She had the voice of an angel. You can say if you.
Speaker 1: Want, Oh that was so crazy. You were so stoic for a second.
Speaker 3: He's remembering the movie.
Speaker 1: That's why I remembering the movie and my feelings about Robin, right, Penn, Yes, all right.
Speaker 4: First's that's another thing. First time I ever saw her in the Princess Bride?
Speaker 3: Who is that? I want to know more, who is she? And and now she's like this bad ass, kick ass Amazonian like freaking like you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You want to talk about fine wine right there? See you know aging like fine wine. That's one right there, man, Like for real, for real? She went from she went from damsel into distress to freaking kick ass superhero like you know what I mean? Like her evolution is amazing. She's president, dude.
Speaker 1: She went back to the TV show Scrubs. Donal you gotta get back to this. So, so the whole thing is Lady doesn't want to hold hands with the janitor, and this really gives him a panic attack because he thinks that she's gonna break up with him, because would why would this woman who has such a crush on and so into not want to hold his hand. Now, Cox and Jordan spend the entire time fucking with the janitor because they are mean and they are so happy to get in his head saying, oh my god, you're gonna get dumb. She doesn't want to hold your hand, Wow, you're screwed. And they're really enjoying that, and they have their own storyline because Jordan is livid that Cox is wearing his wedding ring.
Speaker 3: Which is.
Speaker 4: You know, when we first meet them, they're divorced. I thought they were married again. I had the I had for some reason, I thought they had gotten married again somewhere in this whole me too.
Speaker 1: But they say they just they just start together without being married, right, They never got remarried.
Speaker 3: They never got remarried.
Speaker 1: But he put it on because he's feeling close to her and he loves her, and she is like, get that off your what is wrong with you? You know, because they have this, you know, this sort of this this sort of mean spirited banter where they tease each other, oh like crazy.
Speaker 4: What it really boils down to is that Jordan loves what's going on with them, and this is probably what she's wanted the whole time. Why couldn't they you know, she's probably in her mind thinking, why couldn't our marriage have been like this? Where I get to be me, he gets to be him, We get to do the things that we do and enjoy each other the way we were supposed to. And then he puts the ring on and she's like, wait a second, dude, Now all of this pressure is going to be back and added on again.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. It's didn't work before.
Speaker 4: Remember we did this before and didn't work, and we hated each other for a really long time. I don't know if this is a good idea, and he's like, well, I feel good about it. It makes me feel wonderful, right.
Speaker 1: She keeps telling him to take it off. She doesn't want that fucking ring. And so there's this theme of hands in the episode, a motif because the janitor can't hold lady's hand, there's the ring on Cox's hand, and Turk is in a position where he has to tell the parents of a young man that there's a good chance he may be paralyzed, and he doesn't know how to do it, and JD is coaching him, saying, listen, don't give them false hope. Okay, don't give them false hope. Go in there. This is very hard to do. But if you feel yourself starting to cry, think of the gopher dancing at the end of Caddish.
Speaker 4: We should start this off by the whole sports Center theme is also we should have this kind of buried the lead here. The sports center theme is because of at the time, a kid who played football had gotten injured in a football collision or accident or something like that, and they use cold therapy to fuse his spine back together or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's fuse's spine, but somehow some sort of cold therapy helped him or be paralyzed.
Speaker 4: Right, or it took the it took the inflammation down or something like that. And so, you know, this automatically made me think of DeMar Hamlin. Didn't make you think of that, like right away, Like when I was watching this, I was like, wow, the times of you know, football is this is my I love football, but that's one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: Man Like, for real, for real, man Like, what is this ten years ago?
Speaker 4: Somebody loses you know, loses their their ability to walk in stuff like that for a bit, and then here we go ten fifteen years later and another freak accident where a dude has a heart attack because he.
Speaker 3: Was hit so hard in the chest. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's a dangerous I love watching it, don't get it twisted. I enjoy I enjoy it, but not my kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel you. I feel you. If I had my dog will not be playing football. I I don't Billy, No, I don't care how much she wants to. So of course Turk fucks it up, and we see that he starts to cry and get emotional and he and he starts to do the Caddy Shack Gopher.
Speaker 3: Dance right, and JS like not go yeah.
Speaker 1: JD's like, don't do the go for dance, don't do the gopher dance. And of course Turk does do the gopher dance. I'm an idiot. But he ends up giving him false hope.
Speaker 3: Well, well, no, I don't know how false the hope is.
Speaker 1: Turkey Turk gets an idea from a sports center and he runs down to ask his boss, Carla, if if he should go for it, if he should try this experimental treatment that, you know, if it doesn't go right, they could they could be and he could be in trouble. They could he could be sued. And Carla says, what would you do if it was our son? And he said, this is what I do, And she says, well, then do that.
Speaker 4: That's the most realist answer ever, What would you do if it was our kids? I'd do everything I could, right, think, you know, I think you know what the answer is, and he goes and doesn't. Now, this is where it gets infity dippity. That's it's just available. This experimental therapy is just available in Sacred Heart.
Speaker 1: Uh that's a good point. I don't know. It comes out of nowhere. Turk gets access to it pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now the janitor is holding hands with Todd and Zeltzer because he wants to show them that it's not a big deal to hold hands because he's he's in the spiral about this handholding thing.
Speaker 3: Those are the wrong two people to hold hands with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Todd calls DIBs on lady, even though he doesn't know who she is DIBs And then Zeltzer reports that he wanted to tell his wife that she was the one, but at the time he had a rubber ball a gag in his mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they were sitting they were staring at each other in front of a.
Speaker 1: Fire, right, and he wanted to tell her how much.
Speaker 4: That's when he realized he was so much in love with her, and he would have told her if he didn't have a ball.
Speaker 1: Dag in his mouth. Also, I forgot I skipped over when Turk does the gopher dance. He's laughing, and he says, look, there's a ninety percent chance that that gopher was a puppet. Yeah, Turk thinks that there's still a ten percent chance that that was a real gofriend.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. Kelso thinks it's hilarious that the janitor is getting dumped, and and that's the end of of the of the act. And when we come back, someone says, I like to drive my points home with a lie. Who's that?
Speaker 3: Oh you say that all right?
Speaker 1: Which is which is Bill Lawrence? By the way, Bill Lawrence is famous for driving, He's one.
Speaker 3: Of the best, but he's he's famous for driving his points home with the lie. But the lie is always so much better than what reality was at that moment.
Speaker 1: If you know so long enough, you will hear the evolution of a story to like to the point where it's nowhere near what happened.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite one, my favorite one. And we might have to cut this. I'll ask him. We'll ask him if we have to cut this, though, is so? His youngest son recently got caught taking the car out right, and Bill finally he realized, oh shit, the car's missing, and so before he calls the cops, he calls his son and it's like, hey, do you have the car. He's like, you have the car and you're in on Sunset Boulevard right now, bring the car home, and Henry goes, hold up, I just have to pay. We just have to finish paying for lunch.
Speaker 1: That's the real story.
Speaker 3: No, that's not the real story, the real story, and so he's like, so now I have to punish Henry. The real story is when he called Henry was up the block with the car and was like, Okay, I'm on my way back right now, don't be mad.
Speaker 1: Well, all I know is that Bill's stories always get super exaggerated. And then you know, there's the story I've told before when on this podcast, but it's one of my favorite Bill stories. Is when I was editing my episode and I said to him, don't cut that joke. That joke's so funny, and he goes, I showed that joke to Christa and she didn't even understand what the hell it meant. And I was like, oh, okay, I guess all right, fine cut it. And then like a week later, I saw Christa and I was like, you didn't think that joke was funny? She goes, you honestly think that. I'm home watching rough cuts of scrubbs.
Speaker 3: He's the best at it, though.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: His stories, like he like he tells stories. And you're like, man, that's a fucking good story, dude, I gotta remember that.
Speaker 1: And you'll even know that it's the exaggerated version. But you're like, it's so good. I don't mind just telling it.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I just go ahead, go ahead, okay. Oh.
Speaker 1: The Joendre says that he never wants to have kids. He just wants to adopt a really short old guy.
Speaker 3: Now, let's be honest. Yes, little short old men are cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't want to I don't want to have to feed one.
Speaker 3: You don't want to have to change one's diapers when it boils down to because that's a massive dudeo.
Speaker 1: Right. And then an old guy walks by him and and uh in the cafeteria and he says, you got a daddy. He goes, you got a papa, and the guy shakes his head. And then the janitor journals of the group and says, just windows shop.
Speaker 4: Window, shopping for old people. Nobody cares about JD and Elliott dating.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: No, they're over it. Everybody's over it.
Speaker 3: And I was over it too when they would I'm over it too, to be honest with It's sort of like it is like Ross and Rachel Man by season eight, I don't give a shit anymore.
Speaker 1: Everybody's over it. By the way, A little funny thing here, scrubs Wicki pointed out is that JD has a memory of telling Turk about the first time he met Elliott. And again there's all this talk about her having a flat butt just like JD likes him and all this stuff. But that's bullshit because we the audience witnessed the first time Elliott was met by j D and Turk and to go together, and there was a misspac man machine. I don't think that's a and Turk goes, she goes, yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: I thought that. I thought that when I saw it, and then scrubs Wiki confirmed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we learned that ladies germaphobe. That's why she doesn't want to hold his hand. She finally comes clean. She's never told anyone, but she likes the janitor so much she wants to be seen as her true, honest self, and so she comes clean and says, I am a germaphobe.
Speaker 3: And he immediately judges her and calls her weird. Was he yeah, you're weird, You're weird, and then immediate with I like that, I like.
Speaker 1: That, yes, And he warns her immediately that the table she's touching is covered with germs. Probably he's the janitor and he never cleans anything.
Speaker 3: Never, but he doesn't want her that he's beyond weird.
Speaker 1: Well that's why they like each other. I think they're both weird.
Speaker 6: I think she might be beyond weird too, because she said, you're the spitting image of my father.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 4: My therapist says that maybe I'm attracted to you because you're in, you know, the cleaning service, and you're a spitting image of my dad.
Speaker 3: But that's nothing that I mean.
Speaker 1: That's another scribs wiki moment is that when we first see Lady in whatever episode it is, she's holding hands with the janitor. So that's bullshit. And then in the end Jordan acquiesces and puts on her own wedding ring.
Speaker 2: I cried, you cried.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a retally beautiful that was really cute.
Speaker 6: She's so Jordan is like so uncomfortable with being vulnerable, which is why she's so fucking funny. Like she makes sure nobody can get to her. She'll just destroy you first. And I think to Donald's earlier point, like they had all this bad stuff about their men. She's very happy with where she's as she's at the top episode, she's going around firing people in the name of her husband. She's just like she's comfortable, and so this change really scared her and she talks the whole time about how she's just gonna like I'll just nag Perry until he decides to take it off or whatever. But in the end she's like she just accepts his love, and it's so beautiful. She like allows herself to be vulnerable. And I also just think it's the idea of on a wedding ring, not as a performative actor because of what you're supposed to do, but like this is almost their wedding, Like it's.
Speaker 4: It's makes me feel it made her feel good, it made him feel good to be connected to her through this ring, this bond.
Speaker 3: It's not for anybody else.
Speaker 4: I'm not putting this on to show everybody else that, you know, he made a joke about it being to you know, steer away cougars or whatever it was and stuff like that, but it's really it had nothing to do with any of that. It's just the fact when I put this on, it makes me feel good to know that it's connected to you in some way. And that was pretty awesome. That was a that was a great moment. Like the evolution of Cox and Jordan is really good, you know, like it starts with it starts with her sleeping with JD and then turns into like this real, real, real, real deep relationship. Like you know, I know a lot of people that would prefer not to be married and not to have to have that pressure put on them and still have children and still do all of the things that a family would do, but just not have that that I belonged to you, you belonged to me, uh uh stamp on it, which marriage does.
Speaker 1: Well. They found a way to be with each other and it is it is romantic in their own wacky way. And the cold therapy seems like it helps, it doesn't. It doesn't resolve that. It seems like it's fixed everything. But it looks like it's it's it's uh, it's it's positive. His fingers going back to the hand that his fingers start to move.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when Christopher Reib moved his finger?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I do. Do you remember that, Joel?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I was still live yet?
Speaker 3: I remember it. You said, Joel, live yet, Joel, you weren't alive when Christopher Reib was walking.
Speaker 2: I don't remember him walking, to be honest.
Speaker 6: I just I know Chris fy Rees from the Superman movies that didn't follow like as a kid, I wasn't following.
Speaker 8: Incident May twenty seventh, nineteen ninety five. So we were definitely alive for sure.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we were not paying attention at that point.
Speaker 3: Wow, I was just out a I was out of high school for three years.
Speaker 4: I knew him and Dana. Actually I did a play with Dana. I did a play with Dana called The Prince and the Pauper, directed by Elizabeth Suados off Broadway.
Speaker 3: Jesse L. Martin was in it. Dan Finnerty from the Dan Band myself like and Dana Reeves was one of the actresses in the show, and Christopher Reeve would come by, and this was when you know, when you met me, Zach, you know how much of a fan of Superman I was, Like I had a tattoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a Superman tattoo that he's slowly trying to laser off. But you haven't had a laser session in a long time.
Speaker 4: In a while, No, not in a while. But I had a necklace when I was younger, like all types of things, like I looked up to the character Superman, and so for him to be there and watch us rehearse and give notes to us and everything like that, because I thought he was an amazing the actor also not just a Superman, but like he'd done so many other.
Speaker 1: He was an accomplished theater actor, as I recall.
Speaker 3: But he also did some really great uh movies like once in Once in Time I think it is with him and and uh, I think it's Jane Seymour where he goes back in time. Uh in a hotel. He goes to a hotel and goes back in time. What was it? What was the one that he did with Michael Caine? Death Death What death Wish?
Speaker 5: Which?
Speaker 3: What what what not? Death Wish? Oh Man? The one that he did with Michael Caine that was based on a play.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you don't know, wow, But do you think of Christopher Reeve when you think about horseback riding? Because I I I would like to learn how to ride a horse. But I I have to admit that that I always think of him. And I know I ride a motorcycle, so that's that's even more dangerous. But I I it always has stopped me a little bit from from doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm a were asking. I remember when I met William Shatner. He was in a wheelchair and I was like, what are you doing in a wheelchair? Bro?
Speaker 4: And he was like, I was riding a horse and it threw me off and I broke my legs riding a horse. Yeah, and so now I'm in a wheelchair and this dude's like seventy something at the time.
Speaker 3: And I remember in my mind thinking, these are reasons why I never took up horseback riding because of one Christopher Reeve.
Speaker 1: And I know, but I love horses. Every time I see them, I think how fun it would be to be able to ride it. Maybe if I just maybe it's just in slowly.
Speaker 3: I don't ski because of Sonny Bono.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, like word life, Like these are real things, dude, Like this is not These are not.
Speaker 6: Fun as hell.
Speaker 3: Hold on, it's different though. Horseback riding on the trail with the guide in Mexico or in Hawaii, that's something different. Freaking jumping over.
Speaker 2: Ship you're not talking about that.
Speaker 3: That's what he was doing though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, like just riding a horse, you know, like I've rid out of the beach of Aruba.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 2: I like the camp stuff. That's totally different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like like like I don't like Zach you know how you have your pilot's license and everything like that. Yeah, when John Denver went down in that plane, I was like, I'm not going to fly a plane.
Speaker 3: I'll do it in the movies.
Speaker 4: Like that's how I look. It wasn't a glider, it was a plane. It was a it was a it was a it was a.
Speaker 1: It was experimental at least what was it? Can you look it uptown? He didn't for what A lot of a lot of people obviously obviously a lot of people dyeing plane crashes. There was just one in southern California. Yeah, how would you John would kind of craft? Did John Denver die?
Speaker 4: And but I've seen those planes before, I've seen I've seen it before, though I think I've seen since then.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course flying is dangerous, Donald, of course it is. All of this is.
Speaker 6: About Adrian Davis Long Easy. It's an experimental.
Speaker 1: I knew it was an experiment to play. Not not that people don't not that people don't die in regular plans, but for what it's worth for the story, it was an experiment, experimental category amateur built Long Easy plane kit and five five five JD. Yeah, he like built it.
Speaker 2: Wild.
Speaker 6: The movie we're thinking of, Donald was death Trap from nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 3: Yes, very trap.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's take a break. We'll be right back after these fine words, Zach. This segment of Fake Doctor's Real Friends is brought to you by T Mobile. If you need Grade five G coverage, especially when enjoying your favorite podcast, check out t Mobile.
Speaker 6: Okay, guys, we've got a letter from Katie m. She says, salutations, Real Friends. I love the pod and have enjoyed every episode.
Speaker 2: Thanks Katie.
Speaker 6: This podcast showed me I love Broadway. Donald and Zach, you have always speak and sing so lovingly at Broadway shows. I knew I had to give them a try. I am proud of I saw Mulan Rouge twice. Kat's Wicked, Hamilton Lame is sadly not with Preston and Beatlejuice. Thank you for having preston On. I loved behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so cool a Broadway convert. Donald, We've done our work here.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. It's a lot of shows that I never thought. She spent a lot of money too.
Speaker 1: She did spend a lot of money.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that lady has some disposable income.
Speaker 3: She is out and about.
Speaker 1: Well, that's great and I love it. Also, if you want to go see Broadway and you want to save some money, there's a thing in the center of Times Square called the t k TS Booth, And what you do is you get online there and when the shows haven't sold all their tickets, they give them to the TKTS Booth and sell them at half off. So you just have to be open to seeing what's available. My father used to do this all the time. We would just get in line and then when you get up to the front, they're like here's what we have and it's half off, and then you go see whatever they have and it's a it's a great way to see the shows in a discounted way.
Speaker 6: Yes, And if your city has a Broadway type space, they probably have one of these two. You can go to the box office of almost any musical theater and if you have a student I d. They'll often give you additional discounts.
Speaker 1: There you go and like, you know, yeah, and also keep your eyes out for tours that come through because if you, you know, if you live in a major city, odds are that a Broadway tour is going to come through and you can see a lot of these shows in your town.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing the new Betty Boop musical next week. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Betty Boop.
Speaker 6: Yes, we call black Betty Boop the traditional Betty Boo musical.
Speaker 3: I agree Betty Boop was black.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the original Betty Boop was black, but drawn as a drawn as a white white woman.
Speaker 2: Interested she's based off of a black performer.
Speaker 8: Ah, I mean that that tracks mm hmm.
Speaker 1: All right, Well go check out Broadway everyone, and thanks for so much for the letter. Thanks to mobile. Did you know that at T Mobile you can take charge of your phone upgrades with their best go five G plans. It's true, so why wait? Check out tmobile dot com to learn more. Now back to the show. All Right, We Love you Donald Kuntas.
Speaker 7: Album Stories That show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses.
Speaker 9: I said, here's the stories
Speaker 7: Neat so yanda ra here YadA here spe