Speaker 1: Okay, I'm presenting you the win Win Win. First, you're listening to Brooke and Jeffrey. Congratulations, You're about to.
Speaker 2: Last got it? Feel good.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you are about to get your Christmas shopping done. You're gonna go to Brook and Jeffrey dot com after this and find tons of merch that you can buy. And third, all of it goes to charity. Okay, not one dime goes to our pockets.
Speaker 3: Believe me, I.
Speaker 4: Asked, Yeah, proceeds Action gets hunger.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So welcome to your win win Win. I will see you out Brock Andjeffrey dot com after this. I'm gonna be over there waiting for you.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's good. You go wait watching. Let's start the podcast.
Speaker 5: Did you know Amazon makes one point four billion dollars in revenue per day?
Speaker 2: No, not a day.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I need to open the app and give it more money.
Speaker 4: That is not enough, thank you.
Speaker 3: I just ordered twenty hangers last night.
Speaker 2: No wonder if your employees aren't getting enough raises.
Speaker 5: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, which means since I started talking about twenty seconds ago, they've made half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: What I don't do I would help them out.
Speaker 5: Well, they're literally taking over the world selling just about anything. And yeah, I say just about because there's a few things that they're not selling until now. Because if you.
Speaker 2: Tell me that kidneys are on the list now, I don't know how I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Feel about it. We're not into black market Amazon quite yet, but coming soon we will. You will be able to log onto their website or their app and buy a car.
Speaker 2: What car?
Speaker 5: Amazon is about to add cars in s u vs to its huge roster of craps that you can buy at the click of a button.
Speaker 2: Two days delivery. Are we still getting prime on this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna have a team of drones deliver it?
Speaker 5: Well, they just came to an agreement with Hyundai, the South Korean automaker, and it's not like it's going to be delivered to your front door in one of their Brave aands or anything. Once you've selected your vehicle that you want, you have to go pick up your car at a dealership hip, just like any other customer would have to do. So that is kind of disappointing. They're not droning it over right to your housework and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean my mom has been buying cars on eBay for years.
Speaker 5: Well, Amazon does see this working out extremely well with lots of other car companies too, because they have such an enormous reach all over the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, negotiate anything like, you just have to take it for what.
Speaker 6: It is or not.
Speaker 5: Everybody wants to lowball people, then you should not be buying a car.
Speaker 2: You should always be lowballing.
Speaker 5: But we do a lot of partnerships on this show. Maybe we'll do some sort of contest in the future where Brooke buys a car for a listener and then Alexis drives it to their house. If it makes.
Speaker 8: Direct cars for ever has thirty day returns though, so we can take that back.
Speaker 5: Look for that contest coming soon. Now, let's get into your shot collar question of the day and send it on over to digit old Jake.
Speaker 3: After doing this trivia game for a little less than a month now, we asked Alexis off the air to tell us how the experience has been for her so far, and here are the three main things she had to say about it. For me, she said, Number one, I feel like I wasted my life going to school for nothing. Number two, I feel like I have memory issues. You need to get on meds too.
Speaker 2: You're to like fish oil.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I don't know if you remember that, right, she doesn't remember.
Speaker 3: And number three, I don't know if I actually know anything anymore. And I'm not strong in any category in any trivia of anything ever.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I feel like this is so fun.
Speaker 3: I love this. Her confidence is at an all time high, and I'm really excited to see how she does today on the show. Oh my goodness, what was that?
Speaker 5: But I can't believe this.
Speaker 3: Brook Fox is generously offering yourself up is tribute boy. She wants to take over the game, at least for one day to ease your pain. Alexis. Wow, it's it's either that or just prove how much better she is than you.
Speaker 4: Don't know that if it makes you feel better. I did ask my nine year old last night what comes between T and B and she couldn't answer.
Speaker 3: Yes, Alexis, would you like to say thank you to your radio mother?
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 2: Older sister.
Speaker 3: Stop it, you, guys, I can't believe it. In a shocking and unexpected twist of events, instead of three and a half seconds with Alexis, we're going to be doing three and a half seconds with brook Fox. Wow, oh my gosh. So today, just like we did for Alexis, we googled three words to find these questions. Easiest trivia ever.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna give me easy ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's brook You're only going to have three and a half seconds to answer them.
Speaker 5: Okay, Brook, why are you look nervous? Nervous those things?
Speaker 4: And if you get it wrong and you end up dumber than alex that is that I want on my resume.
Speaker 5: Alexis, how does that make you feel earlier?
Speaker 2: Don't call me mother again.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Alexis. Your category for brook Is Disney movies on her against.
Speaker 2: Her Disney movies.
Speaker 8: I think Brooks seen them all, like most of them. You watch it with your kids, and you know you believed in me a lot, Brooks. So I'm going to return the favor and say I think she'll get it right.
Speaker 3: Alexis is betting on brook Here's your question. Which popular Disney film has a main villain named Clayton.
Speaker 2: Clayton is the villain of hun Clayton.
Speaker 3: I've never even Clayton is the main villain from Tarzan Saw. He's the poacher who's trying to get there. You never saw Tarzan.
Speaker 4: I missed a period between college and my children where I didn't see any Disney movie.
Speaker 5: She was rooting for the gorillas to die.
Speaker 3: My close personal friend Phil Collins would hate to hear he needed the score Alexa's you're getting shocked for the first time ever in the three and a half seconds game. Remember we googled easiest trivia ever to find these questions. You shouldn't have any problems answered that. We're on to Jeffrey. Jeffrey, your category is Greek mythology. You're betting on her or against her sucks.
Speaker 5: Brooke was born just after the Greek Empire, so it would have been so close the night. I'm gonna say she was born a few years earlier. She would have got this right. But now she's gonna she's gonna bomb this.
Speaker 3: I think Jeffrey's betting against her. Your question Brook in Greek mythology, who was the queen of the underworld and the wife of Hades?
Speaker 4: Oh, the wife of Hades is Satan.
Speaker 3: Brook. That's incorrect. We're looking for Pasephonephony, but he's.
Speaker 2: Not the easiest.
Speaker 4: Everett, an year old tonight.
Speaker 5: I bet she gets it right.
Speaker 3: That Jeffrey, you bet against her, she got it wrong. Finally, we're on the Jose. Your category is the Hunger Games the actual sound effect we played a forest?
Speaker 9: Brook?
Speaker 3: Yes, she should know this because she has volunteered as tribute for this game show, so it should be a no.
Speaker 8: Brainers Back the day recently and Brooke told me she had never seen Hunger Games.
Speaker 1: She's read the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just one of them. It wasn't enough to keep me going.
Speaker 5: He Games book.
Speaker 2: It was like I was telling them.
Speaker 4: It was when I was on like a young adult novel Kick after Twilight, and I was like, I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 5: Brook's not comment in her movie knowledge. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure against her.
Speaker 5: I hope you get it right though, Brook. Brooke, here's your.
Speaker 3: Question in the story. What's the minimum age you have to be in order to enter the Hunger Games drawing?
Speaker 2: To enter the Hunger Games ran, you have to be fifteen.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, Brook, you gotta be age twelve, the same age level you have to be to get these trivia questions.
Speaker 2: I was twelve when I got it right there.
Speaker 5: Okay, zero for three on her trivia answers six.
Speaker 2: Graders out there to be in the Hunger Games.
Speaker 3: Watch the movie Broke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Alexis is the only one who put faith in brook and that came back to bite her because she's getting shocked and somebody wanted to hear thinking out loud by Ed Sheering.
Speaker 2: So honey, now take me into your love and r under the light of a thousand stars.
Speaker 5: I forgot how that sounds like. Yeah, she had trouble reading it. All right, You've never give Lexis a hard time for this game ever again, I still will. That's your shockcolar question.
Speaker 6: To day freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? Oh yeah, just like what happens in the middle stall of truck stop forty seven stays in the middle star the truck stopped forty seven, as like ring that's the agreement that we had.
Speaker 2: You bring it up so much that it's never actually stayed there.
Speaker 5: They still don't know what happened. Yeah, And for the woman on the phone today, that was also her motto. What happened on her honeymoon in Italy stayed in Italy. Trust not the truck stop Italian vacation until today because her and her husband haven't told anybody what really happened twelve years ago back in Venice because she thought it could have gotten her find or even worse, arrested. But now she just wants to clear a conscience and finally make things right. In a brand new mass speaker, it's coming up, he confession.
Speaker 3: I can't take back e arms.
Speaker 5: Mouse speaker. We got a text seventy five nine too that says I preheat my toilet paper on the radiator for a more pleasant wiping experience.
Speaker 2: That actually sounds lovely, says.
Speaker 5: It works most of the time. I did have to move apartments once when I forgot to take it off.
Speaker 2: Oh is not a good idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do get a lot of bathroom confessions though from our listeners on the text board.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's where they're listening from.
Speaker 5: Maybe it does say a lot that people willing to share their most vulnerable moments with us right here on the mass speaker. I feel like we're right there in the bathroom with you. Yeah, so thank you for that. We've got a woman who's ready to come clean about one of her biggest secrets.
Speaker 4: Bro come clean, get it.
Speaker 5: She's choosing to go by Beth today. So Beth's welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hi guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Hi brow Bess. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 10: I am all right.
Speaker 5: Well, voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, just a little bit of background. My husband and I got married about twelve years.
Speaker 2: Ago, or maybe not, I don't know. Twelve years is a longtime.
Speaker 10: Well it surprisingly this actually isn't about our marriage. It's just it's about the honeymoon more than anything. Okay, honeymoon in Italy and we went to Venice for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome. That's a great honeymoon.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And I don't know if you've ever been, but the shopping there is just insane, like, oh my gosh, yeah awesome. So on our last day, we stopped into this little art shop huh, and I saw this sculpture that I just had to have. It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Your new husband's like, god, you have to pick a three dimensional thing?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: It was like the female angel and it was bogs. It was It wasn't huge, but it was very heavy. Yeah wow, And I just like obsessed about it and walked away from it and kept talking about it and finally went back and got it. And you know, my husband did not bought me to get it, because first of all, it was really expensive taking it back and all of that.
Speaker 4: But like what a thing to have from your honeymoon, you know, like that's something that will like live in your family, has such a beautiful story to it.
Speaker 1: You probably have to ship it to yourself and see you.
Speaker 4: Pack it in or just buy another piece of lug, you know, like you can get it back in your luggage.
Speaker 5: Or smuggle it inside of your body.
Speaker 2: Some pointy wings.
Speaker 3: That what you did?
Speaker 2: Did you smuggle it on your body?
Speaker 10: Well no, As a matter of fact, getting at home kind of took care of itself. Well after I got it, you know, you're always taking pictures, and I I'm going to take a picture of me with a statue right after we got it. So I put it up on you know, like a ledge on one of the bridges, and he was taking a picture of me next to it, and my elbow knock it off the bridge.
Speaker 5: Over one of the canals. Yes, oh, it would have probably broken or d.
Speaker 10: Well, it didn't go directly into the water.
Speaker 5: Oh what happened?
Speaker 10: Yeah, there was a gondola underneath.
Speaker 3: There's always gondolas.
Speaker 2: Did you kill a gondola driver?
Speaker 10: No, it was empty, but it did go through, like gondolas are, they're very simple. Boats went through and like it it cracked, made a hole in the boat.
Speaker 13: It sank.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: Well I don't know if it I don't know if it sank completely because we left that it was ticking on water, and well I wanted to wait for somebody, like I really did. But my husband was like, no, we need to get the hell out of here. And we were just I mean both of us were really afraid that, like you know, the Italiant police are going to show us, and but nothing happened, and we left the next day minus a statue. Like for all these years, like I really really felt like.
Speaker 13: Horrible about it.
Speaker 10: And then two months ago we decided to go back. Yeah. Yeah, we went back to Venice, you know, for like ten year anniversaries. And so we went back to the same bridge.
Speaker 2: And you pushed your husband over.
Speaker 10: No, I think you wanted to put me over. I did see the same I saw the same gondola and because you can see where the floor was replaced.
Speaker 14: Thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh and that made you feel better finally at one hole, well.
Speaker 10: There was there was nobody in it, so you know, I didn't actually like say anything. But what I did is I left one thousand dollars in an envelope. I kind of explained it.
Speaker 2: You left the gondola, the boat was fixed.
Speaker 10: Well, it wasn't like out in the open. It was on the gondola. It wasn't like out in the open. It was tucked away with the note.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: What did the note say?
Speaker 10: Just that I was the one who had put the hole in the boat with the statue years before, and you know that I felt bad and here's some money and hopefully that was in some way make up for it.
Speaker 1: So the gondle driver's been working there for like seven years, so he's like, who is at this randomly?
Speaker 4: Man, that is the most expensive statue that has never been owned.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pretty much just paid to clear your conscience.
Speaker 5: Really, I mean that must feel good after all those years of having your way on.
Speaker 10: YouTube, because it finally gave me closure and I didn't feel like such a criminal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even though that guy probably just made a thousand bucks off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a paddle board. You can go to hole in and give me a thousand dollars if you want.
Speaker 5: We know you're rich. Yeah, Yeah, I'm glad you got that off of your conscious text in seventy five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, masks your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. We got your phone tap coming.
Speaker 6: Up, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys know this, but my dream when I was younger was to be a professional dancer.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 5: I can see that Lord of the dance but with bigger hair and flashier outfits. That was my dream. Obviously wasn't realized. I ended up on a low budget radio program. But doesn't mean I can't still live out my fantasy in a prank phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for it, dance over the phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got an email from a lady who says her roommate just signed up for dance lessons and she's about to get them, just not the way she thought she would. It's your phone tapp right now.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 5: Yes, my name is Sergey from the Dance Academy. Is this Kelly Martin? Yes, oh wonderful. I'm calling because you signed up online for six private, one on one dance lessons. Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Perfect, So I am your dance instructor for the day. Let's get started. Oh okay, we're gonna start with the left foot, all right, and one and two? Now bring it back in spin and slide and slide and face the wall again.
Speaker 9: Here we sorry?
Speaker 5: Are you following me?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: What's the problem. Do you need me to slow down?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: I just I thought I was signing up for in person lessons.
Speaker 5: Oh now, why did you sign up online?
Speaker 9: Then I signed up online, But I thought I was signing up for in personal lesson No.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no. When you sign up online, I provide online lessons. Okay, it's possible we could do this over snapchat.
Speaker 4: That no, that.
Speaker 9: That would probably be worse.
Speaker 5: I've been crafting dances my entire life, and as long as I can hear your stumps, I'll know exactly where your foot placement shouldn't be.
Speaker 9: No, I need to go to the studio and learn. That's why I signed.
Speaker 6: Up for this.
Speaker 5: Do three quick stumps for me right now.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not gonna do that. That doesn't sound right, Kelly.
Speaker 5: Just humor me. Do three quick stumps whichever foot you like.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, fine, hold on, let me put the phone down.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, that was left foot, left foot, then right foot, and it was turned to the west fifteen degrees.
Speaker 9: Okay, I don't even know what direction I'm facing. But I mean, I've taken dance classes before, and I've never done it like this.
Speaker 5: I've never taken the dance class from SERGEI before. I know what I'm talking about. So let's try the tango. No, I don't know if you realize this is one of the most romantic and sensual dances in the world. Okay, okay, So instead of a rose, I will hold the phone in my mouth as we do this.
Speaker 13: Am I supposed to be doing something here?
Speaker 5: I encourage you to do the same. Put the phone in betwixt your teeth and go.
Speaker 9: You want me to put what in my mouth?
Speaker 3: Your phone?
Speaker 5: Kelly?
Speaker 11: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: You must left and right and give.
Speaker 3: Do Barduca b No, this is.
Speaker 13: Not gonna watch.
Speaker 9: Bard I took dance in high school. I need to be in the studio like trying to get back into this. I cannot do this over the phone.
Speaker 5: I must say, in all of my years of professional teaching, I have never had a more difficult students and you. So with that said, I shan't continue.
Speaker 11: Can I just can I actually cancel it?
Speaker 9: Can I just get a refund?
Speaker 5: I refuse to put myself through this, And I will remind you there are zero refunds.
Speaker 13: No, no, If you're not gonna do it, I shine.
Speaker 9: I don't want to do it, but I need my money back.
Speaker 13: At least read the fine print.
Speaker 5: We don't give money back on prank phone calls, not now, not ever.
Speaker 13: Kelly.
Speaker 9: Wait, what is that?
Speaker 5: My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and to and three and one and spin and you are.
Speaker 3: Take a bow?
Speaker 5: Kelly.
Speaker 9: Okay, how did you get my numbers?
Speaker 5: This is a phone dam Kelly. You're on the radio right now with Brooken Jeffrey in the Morning. Oh my god, Mazie set you up.
Speaker 9: When you send a refund, I was like, oh, I sign up for a stam.
Speaker 5: The first rule of dance is you must believe in yourself. Kelly, Now believe and slide and spin and spin and spin again, and then right and left and up and down and sit and nap and now oh done, that's amazing, your gorgeous dancer.
Speaker 13: Kelly, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Wake Up Every morning was PHAs weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: The holidays are meant for us to spend time with friends and family.
Speaker 2: That nice, yeah, good food for sure.
Speaker 5: To laugh and to blackout.
Speaker 2: And tough if you could remember it.
Speaker 5: What if a family member, though, overhears something that they were not supposed to hear, and suddenly Christmas is going to be extra weird and dramatic this year, unless you make a phone call on our show to deal with it first. That's the hope, because one of our listeners needs help thanks to the weird conversation she accidentally overheard, and it involves her boyfriend's mom. You're gonna find out that coming. It's happening in your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's an awkward Tuesday phone call. Relationship problems. We're not really familiar with that topic on this show.
Speaker 2: That's like all we do.
Speaker 5: Most people call us during our Great Girlfriends and Perfect Boyfriends.
Speaker 2: The bragging segment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no problem.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: It's so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're too.
Speaker 5: Today we're gonna do something a little bit different for us and talk to a listener who says they would have been on that Perfect Boyfriend's segment, but they just got blindsided by something and they need our help before they have this awkward discussion. So let's welcome Erica to our show. Hey, Erica, how you doing.
Speaker 9: Hi, guys, I'm okay, I mean so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big pause there. I hope we can.
Speaker 7: Help you.
Speaker 9: Me too, all right, I'm just feeling super miserable. Actually, like I'm watching my relationship end right before my eyes and I can't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, God, And you don't want it to end? No, okay, just checking.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know, you never know, you know, books and the other side of that conversation. So sorry, I'm sorry you're going through a hard time and what's going on?
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 9: So, like there's a little bit of a backstory getting into it, because, like my friend asked me to watch her kid this past weekend, so we set them up in our guest room with a baby monitor, and like afterwards, we forgot to take the baby monitor out.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, wait, so you had a baby monitor in the guest room, that's all that matters.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, So the next day, my boyfriend's mom came over and while I was down the basement doing the laundry, the baby monitor was still in there and it was on. I forgot to turn it off, and I heard my boyfriend talking to his mom. Yeah, and like I know that they had no idea that I could hear them, because they know. They were kind of like talking in a hush tone and like arguing with each other, saying like, God, she's just that's the perfect woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like, why weren't you proposed yet? Honey?
Speaker 13: I wish.
Speaker 9: I mean, I know you should have eavesdrop, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: I would totally eavesdrop in that situation.
Speaker 5: Kidding me, don't feel boat.
Speaker 3: That's the universe handing you this.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, Josey.
Speaker 13: You're just yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was curious when like it felt like she the mom was waiting for me to leave the room to say something, so, you know, I listened in and it became pretty clear that they were arguing about me.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh god, about what?
Speaker 9: Okay, So I heard his mom say, I don't want her coming over for the holidays?
Speaker 2: Is here?
Speaker 5: Oh god?
Speaker 1: Money.
Speaker 2: What's your boyfriend's name?
Speaker 9: By the way, it's Jack.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: Did you guys have plans to spend the holidays together with his family?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean, like usually we go back and forth and it's his family's year.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it sounds like you guys have been together for a couple of years. What did his mom say?
Speaker 9: She was being pretty specific about, like why she didn't want me there, like so that I was loud, and that I eat all the snacks and that I'm really messy.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't want any of us over there?
Speaker 2: Then the same thing.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be rude here, but do you eat all of the snacks when you go over to their house? All of them?
Speaker 9: I mean I ate a bunch of snacks last year, but I didn't realise there was a limit on snacking totally.
Speaker 4: And you're bored, I mean, were you, Like, Look, it's not fair for you to project your family life onto her.
Speaker 5: Okay, your in laws.
Speaker 4: My in laws do not eat very much, and I am so hungry all the time.
Speaker 5: When I'm over.
Speaker 2: There, So I get you.
Speaker 5: It's just rude when you tell them to go back to the store for more chocolate. Covered that aside. I know that must be terrible to hear through the baby monitor, of all things.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, that wasn't even the worst thing. She said that his nieces are scared of me, and like, what I scare children? Apparently liked?
Speaker 4: Can I ask up until this point, did you think it was all roses with his family?
Speaker 9: I mean, I know, getting to know another person's like family quirks their hard. But I thought I was doing okay, Like I thought I was driving right.
Speaker 5: And when you walk by schools, do the children normally run away from the fencing terror?
Speaker 9: No, we were just babysitting last weekend and nobody was terrified of me.
Speaker 5: So, and what did your boyfriend have anything to say during with his mom? Or was he agreeing with her?
Speaker 9: He was trying to defend me, but like he couldn't. He didn't really get a lot of words in edgewise.
Speaker 6: Oh God.
Speaker 9: And then his mom was like, can't she just go stay somewhere else for Christmas?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: And then she was like threatening and she was like, don't you dare tell Erica, and I was really really upset.
Speaker 2: I don't blame you.
Speaker 9: I like left the house to get out of the situation. When when we got in my car and like tried to process, and like I texted him that I wasn't feeling well because I didn't want to like talk to him at that moment. I was just feeling a lot of feelings and like, well, my mom left a little while later, and she like waved at me, like nothing was wrong.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, in her defense, she didn't know that you're listening. So she's being direct to her son and quick about it, just getting to the point and yeah, I knew you were listening.
Speaker 5: She would have been NICER's fortunate that she had to hear that conversation about maybe it's kind of a blessing that you overheard it.
Speaker 4: And feel like, years into this relationship, you guys are living together. I mean you're moving towards marriage and making this woman your mother in law.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like yeah, god, I mean even if he loves me, like, I don't know if we've got a future going forward. I mean, if his mom really feels that way, it's just like that not gonna work.
Speaker 5: So has he told.
Speaker 1: You you're not welcome yet, Like do you know quote unquote no yet.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, right, has he passed on the message from the mom in the nice way?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: And like this happened like three days ago, and like, of course he's been surprisingly busy and never has the time to like hang out or talk because I'm sure he's like trying to think about how to tell me this.
Speaker 12: But like I I'm just sitting on all of this emotion, and I like I need to talk to him and now ish you know, and I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just need help.
Speaker 5: So you want us to call your boyfriend for you here, so that you could tell him that you overheard the conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, Yeah, you gotta do it. There's no way around it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you can't just sit and wait and stew I know.
Speaker 4: But he's gonna be he's not gonna be happy because it puts him in such a bad position, you know, to choose basically between his mom and his girlfriend.
Speaker 5: It's a rough So maybe while we have a little break here, you go down like a whole bag of Debbie snack cakes and then we'll come back. We'll give you some advice and lets you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your boyfriend right after this.
Speaker 9: Okay, I've already eaten a couple of.
Speaker 5: And we'll come back right after this. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us, we have a listener on the phone. Her name is Erica and she has a boyfriend of a few years. They lived together, so safe to say they're pretty close and you know, you never know. But the other day, her boyfriend's mom was over and Erica overheard a conversation via baby monitor that her maybe future mom in law does not want her coming over for Christmas this year. The reason apparently, she eats all the snacks, scares all the kids, and it's too loud. At least that's what she heard from the mouth.
Speaker 2: It's like the cookie monster.
Speaker 5: And obviously that's a tough thing to hear. So she's not spoken to her boyfriend about this yet, which is why she's asked us to give her a little bit of advice before she reaches out to him. And look, nobody understands what it's like to spend the holidays with an in law who doesn't really like you more than Brooke. Oh dudness. So Brooke, you are the right person to ask advice for here, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Well? First, Erica, I just gotta say you are not alone.
Speaker 4: There has not been a mother in law in the world that has not talked crap about their little baby significant other. Okay, I mean, unfortunately you're the one that has to hear it. Most people don't actually hear what mother in laws really think, and you had to hear it. So I just think, I mean, honestly, my only advice is when you talk to your boyfriend, do not feel bad about accidentally overhearing this conversation. That is not your fault. It's not something you wanted to hear. And for goodness sakes, you'll bring your own snacks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's totally fair.
Speaker 5: Anything you should have been eavesdropping on their conversations or jose, what do you think do?
Speaker 3: Just remember who you're mad at.
Speaker 5: The mom is the bad guy technically.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's good and decisions.
Speaker 1: Your boyfriend's just trying to like organize this situation he's in.
Speaker 2: He's like the middle child keeping the peace exactly.
Speaker 3: So just be aware of your emotions. Don't go at him super hard or.
Speaker 8: Aggressive unless he said something stupid.
Speaker 5: Does that help you a little bit? Erica?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's pretty solid advice. I mean, you're right, it's not like he was trying to defend me. I mean it's hard to defend against your mom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anything, all right. I can't believe we actually give some solid advice today, So I'm counting this as a win already. Hopefully we can actually make this conversation go smoothly for you. But I'm gonna dial your boyfriend's number. We're gonna step back and let you do this. Okay. We're gonna be here for support in case you need us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're here. Yes, you are not alone.
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 13: Hello, hey babe, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 6: Babe.
Speaker 9: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Hi, right now, recognize that almost didn't even answer.
Speaker 9: I'm just I'm on a work line. I'm just like in a quiet room. I really needed to talk to you, okay.
Speaker 13: Yeah, is everything okay?
Speaker 9: Well, like, I know we've been able to talk about like a couple of days, but this is like pretty important because I'm just you know, uh, I'm worried about.
Speaker 11: Us actually us what why?
Speaker 13: What's going on.
Speaker 9: It's just like, like you mean so much to me, and I'm just kind of like devastated. I don't know what to do, Babe.
Speaker 13: What is going on right now? You're scaring me?
Speaker 9: Remember when your mom was over the other day. Yeah, yeah, and I went downstairs to do some laundry for a bit.
Speaker 13: Okay, sure, yeah.
Speaker 9: And my friend Katrina was there the day before and she had left her baby monitor in the guest room and it was still on.
Speaker 13: Okay, so what but I'm getting.
Speaker 9: Coop, So I heard everything.
Speaker 13: Heard? What what are you talking about? Heard everything I heard?
Speaker 9: I heard you and your mom talking about Christmas this year at your family's house.
Speaker 11: Uh, okay, look, I'm sorry that you heard that, but I I promise it's gonna be okay. I'm just I'm thinking about how I'm gonna deal with it. Still it's gonna be fine, though, Seriously.
Speaker 9: What hell is it going to be fine?
Speaker 11: I know that my mom was being like out of line about that, but I know she means well, like I swear like it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 10: I just okay, I.
Speaker 9: Don't I don't see if we can like stay together after this, Like, what what do you mean I mean, clearly, your mom hates me. Whoa hold on? No, like you heard her. She doesn't want me around for Christmas. She says, I'm messy and I eat too much and I scare all the kids. Like, she just wants me to go anywhere.
Speaker 11: Else for the holidays, Babe, stop like Eric, Erica, Eric, he was talking about pebbles.
Speaker 13: I wasn't talking about you. What h our dog?
Speaker 9: Dog?
Speaker 6: Dog?
Speaker 13: What's going on?
Speaker 2: That makes so much sense that the children?
Speaker 5: Now, Oh my god, it going on? Hey Jack? Sorry, man, you're you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Close to listening in on a baby monitor.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Oh my god, Oh my god. We're doing a segment that we call the Awkward Tuesday phone Call, which we were trying to help Erica with this conversation with you because she overheard what happened on the baby monitor between you and your mom and she thought it was about her.
Speaker 13: Seriously, Oh my god, Eric, you were in tears.
Speaker 9: Well now I feel silly.
Speaker 2: You can keep eating.
Speaker 5: Keeping but I love babbels.
Speaker 2: No, are you sure that that's who your mom was talking about? She was talking about the dog.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Obviously she was talking. I knew she was talking about the dog. That's how it all started. The dog was like jumping on.
Speaker 11: Her bed and stuff, and she was already getting annoyed with her like a.
Speaker 5: Top of mind.
Speaker 1: Right now, she's like, by the way, oh my god, so much.
Speaker 11: Sound Erica being hyper and my mom is you know, she's getting older and she can't keep up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is why your mom said, don't you dare tell Erica, because Erica was gonna get upset if they didn't bring the dog over.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh well, this was probably the best way to tell her, make her think in them when you find out the dog that's.
Speaker 5: Not bad at all.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, there's definitely an amount of relief in that. But like, what are we gonna do with Tubbles? What is tubbles supposed to do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: They have these great pet hotels. Maybe your mother in law can help spring for.
Speaker 5: It, that's true, or I can puppy sit.
Speaker 2: Oh god, can't you.
Speaker 13: Stay with your family, babe?
Speaker 7: But I mean she would be sad, Eric, She's a dog, I know, but like the dog doesn't know the difference is doing Christmas or any other day.
Speaker 5: Speaks what Pebbles does and does not know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just I'm thankful that you have a future mother in law that likes you, right right, Jack, she likes Erica.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that is true, That is very true. I'm very relieved that it wasn't me eating too many snacks.
Speaker 5: Feel free to eat as many Christmas candies as you want this year, Erica face it's the Yeah, well, it sounds like you guys are definitely at least closer to resolving the issue. You just have to figure out what to do with pebbles now. But Eric, you're allowed to go over to the family's house for the holidays this year.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Wow, the relief you guys, the release.
Speaker 4: Don't be on the carpet because it could get you banned next year.
Speaker 5: You know, Brooke did that one Christmas.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: In the morning. Man, don't you feel like what our listeners want, what the world really needs right now more than ever, is some wholesome, light, uplifting stories from society to make a smile, bring a tear.
Speaker 6: To our eyes.
Speaker 5: I love to store our faith in humanity.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I absolutely love that.
Speaker 2: I'm so jaded. I feel like you're setting me up to just drop me. What is it what are you going to.
Speaker 15: Say, I checked the internet today, unless you count Cecil, the blind armadillo who found love with a deflated football on the side of a New Mexico highway.
Speaker 5: You get him, Cecil, you don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're known for like having some diseases.
Speaker 5: To He'll take what he can get. But besides Cecil, that's all we have, So I guess we'll have to stick to our usual wacky stories about hot trends and people making really dumb decisions. In a brand new Carrot Don't Care man in a different way. It's coming up all my life. I thought air was free. It is until I bought a bag of potato chips. We changed my tune.
Speaker 14: On that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the only thing left in the world that's one hundred percent free is radio, and you definitely get the quality that you paid for with a boy and new edition of Care Don't Care. Let's all lower our expectations as we get into our first headline Forget Stacy's Mom. Stacy is crushing it at Hide and Go Seek Terror Don't Care?
Speaker 2: Yes, what Care?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love that game.
Speaker 5: Stacy's that I'm a mom, But police in Florida We're looking for thirty nine year old Stacy Usher, who was wanted on a parole violation for selling fentanyl. No good, can't do that. They searched her home last Tuesday and couldn't find her anywhere until one of the officers, who was so frustrated at not being able to locate Stacy, just PLoP down on the couch and that's when a little squeal came out from.
Speaker 2: Underneath the cushion she's in the couch.
Speaker 5: Turns out that's where Stacy was hiding inside of her couch.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Did he find his keys too?
Speaker 5: Just Stacy. We have the photo. We're gonna put it up on our instant stories at Brooke and Jeffrey of Stacy inside of her couch. So the cops pulled her out in cuffter safe to stay. Stacy is in a lot of trouble now because, in addition to the drugs and pearl violation, she also has a history of fraud and grand theft for passing bad checks. Oh my god, but we.
Speaker 4: Would think that when cops are searching your house they sit down for a rest.
Speaker 3: Yeahs my mind. Either you didn't ask.
Speaker 5: Lazy cops sitting down on the job, genius. Let's go to go to our next headline, and the biggest dating trend for twenty twenty four is I don't care.
Speaker 2: You have to care? I mean, am I allowed to say I care?
Speaker 6: I can't you?
Speaker 13: Brook?
Speaker 5: If you check the China calendar, twenty twenty four is the year of the Dragon.
Speaker 2: Oh cool.
Speaker 5: But if you check the Bumble calendar, twenty twenty four is supposed to be the year of the cougar.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's get it, older ladies, the thing you cared?
Speaker 5: Brook. I say that because they just released some dating predictions for the upcoming year, and one of the interesting ones is a big rise in cross generational relationships.
Speaker 2: Oh really.
Speaker 5: Specifically, they think a lot of older women are going to be dating much younger men.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So jose is going to find the love of his life, but she's going to be eighty two. Put care of me for a year, hit breaks, Yeah, and then you get.
Speaker 5: All of her inheritance.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: Fifty nine percent of single ladies say they are now more open to dating down in age.
Speaker 2: So I think, just down, ye down, Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: And thirty five percent of women say they become less judgmental towards age gap relationships.
Speaker 8: In just the past year, a lot of my friends are dating guys three years younger.
Speaker 4: Does that know?
Speaker 5: Dating middle schoolers? Got another hot triend. Dating based on politics and social causes is cool now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, based on So you're not going to date somebody across.
Speaker 5: And because of that, Bumble is considering adding a will you PICKT or not PICKT? With me? But trying to find your true soulmate. And last, but not least, it's going to be hot next year to date someone who is in tune with their mental health.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: Men or women who are currently going to therapy is now seen as a big positive for the very first time in data.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's really cool thing, I know. But I think a lot of there is a stigma to it.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like, oh, that's guys going to therapy for their mommy issues.
Speaker 12: Hot.
Speaker 5: He could finally explain why he wears that diaper on the day. Look at that, ladies, let's snag him up.
Speaker 2: Changed maybe a little bit more than that.
Speaker 5: Any guys care about this one? Beware of Christmas tree syndrome. Care don't care?
Speaker 2: Why are you playing to every in need of ours today.
Speaker 5: Care. This is an important warning that needs to go out because a mom in Cleveland named Angela Presty just picked out her first real Christmas tree and she was very excited to take it home and decorate it with her daughter. But a few hours after they got it back to her house, something strange began happening. Angela's face started to swell up, her throat clothed, and she had to be rushed to the er.
Speaker 2: Why did she eat the tree?
Speaker 5: No, didn't eat the tree, but she did collapse while she was at the hospital. Luckily, doctors hit her with an appipant and were able to save her life's cruel. Once she was stable, they told her the news, ma'am, your Christmas tree almost killed you.
Speaker 2: WHOA, she's allergic to pine trees?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: Because some Christmas trees end up growing mold because they've been wet, just sitting out on the lot waiting to be chosen. Seven percent of people are allergic to that mold that grows on the tree. So if you're going out hunting for Christmas trees this year, you gotta be extra careful when you go shopping. Make sure you bring your mold inspector to come along with you. Normally they do like houses, but you can hire them for the day. It's gonna check out your tree. Make sure they gave you the thumbs up that your tree's in the clear. Okay, that was fresh, So that's Christmas tree syndrome. Don't fall victim to it. Finally, Jeff's joke of the day care don't care. Why was the snowman looking through carrots at the grocery store? Why he was picking his nose?
Speaker 2: That was My kids are gonna love that one.
Speaker 6: Care freaking Jeffrey In the morning.
Speaker 14: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a brand new player to win Brooks Bucks who has never been on the show before. My goodness, he's got maybe the world's best name.
Speaker 5: Please welcome to the show. Jack Hey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only one that thinks that ever is another Jeff. And even you complained about your name.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Jeff's an event manager, so always used to hearing fancy music like that before. What type of events do you manage there, Jeff?
Speaker 11: I work for an outdoory modeling company, so we do a lot of home shows and uh outdoor living, so you know, pretty much anything home show related.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. What does your backyard look like?
Speaker 4: Uh, patio with a fire pit built in?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Haven't you ever want in a waterfall on you know, hot.
Speaker 5: Tub that rises up out of the.
Speaker 2: Floor like a slide, even into a pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotta up your event management skills there. Jeff broke out of the studio. Well that happens. You know the game works. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 9: I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Best of luck, my friend. Your time starts now. The first Polaroid camera went on sale on this day in what decade forties, fifties or sixties fifties? What card suit is the queen in the movie Alice? In Wonderland, mart the Egyptian Sphinx's body is based on what animal.
Speaker 13: Cat?
Speaker 5: In volleyball, both teams compete until one team reaches how many points in a set thirty on the Mandalorian? What is baby Yoda's real name? Rogu? What letter in the alphabet comes between T and V?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 5: Oh shit me, Jeff?
Speaker 6: A moment.
Speaker 2: Je is like blushing a little bit.
Speaker 5: Kind of who's winning hard on that, Jeff, I see on my screen? Or that you have a nine year old daughter who is already talking about Christmas presence.
Speaker 13: Indeed, indeed are.
Speaker 5: We allowed to know what she wants this year?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, she has a whole list of stuff.
Speaker 14: Claw machine, she loves her slime was.
Speaker 5: The first thing. A claw machine. She wants. One of the giant machines. The toys out.
Speaker 4: You can get a little desktop, one.
Speaker 13: Of the fall You would love to have the giant one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, my son got one from his grandmother. Yes, constantly.
Speaker 5: You can tell how much Brook loves toy.
Speaker 2: That's great, It's fantastic.
Speaker 5: All right, Brooke to your turn? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Your time starts now. The first Polaroid camera went on sale on this day in what decade? Forties, fifties or sixties fifties? What card suit is the queen in the movie Alice in wonderlandts the Egyptian Sphinx's body is based on what animal cat? In volleyball, both teams compete until one team reaches how many points in a sec?
Speaker 2: Oh good, I played fifteen.
Speaker 5: On the Mandalorian. What is baby Yoda's real name Gogu. What letter in the alphabet comes between T and V?
Speaker 7: Now you.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, wxyza. People really up on their alphabet today. Let's go to the scoreboard and see how you did with Jose.
Speaker 13: My job.
Speaker 3: I love this, Jeff.
Speaker 5: You got three correct today?
Speaker 13: All right, all right, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good, solid score.
Speaker 5: It was a good game, good battle.
Speaker 4: And Brook show me you you yes also three?
Speaker 14: Okay, We're getting a lot of ties lately.
Speaker 5: I feel like games just enough for Brooke to I guess get the default win.
Speaker 2: That is my life motto. Just enough enough.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that, Jeff, Let's get the answers in. The first Polaroid camera went on sale on this day in the nineteen forties. Oh really, actually nineteen forty exactly. It costs ninety dollars back that day, cutting edge technology.
Speaker 2: My grandpa drove trucks for Kodak.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's my fun fact of the day.
Speaker 5: Not that fun anyway. Cards suit in that the queen is in the movie Alis in Wonderland is the Queen of Hearts. The Egyptian Sphinx's body is based on a lion. Did we give him them? Cat nod? You, guys, both guest cats. In volleyball, both teams compete until one team reaches how many points in a set. Brooks c team clearly didn't know how to play, because you go to twenty five points.
Speaker 2: I didn't play that that long.
Speaker 5: DeLorean baby Yoda's real name is Grogu and the letter that comes between T and V and the alphabet is you. That's right, you, Jeff. So Unfortunately we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a pair of tickets to the Seattle Christmas Market. Wander the winding alleys of Seattle's newest and largest outdoor holiday market. For more information, you can visit Seattle Christmas Market dot com.
Speaker 13: All right, sounds great, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Are you looking forward to the holidays?
Speaker 13: Jeff, absolutely, I love the holidays.
Speaker 11: Is my favorite time of year.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sweet. It's almost like our Jeff. You just are just warm and glowing. Oh yeah, holiday see with joy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Can't wait to call your mom and tell her all the happy holidays.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think we get the idea. Jeff. Thank you so much for playing. It's always nice to meet a fellow jes. Make sure you come back and play again. We're gonna do Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning