Speaker 1: All right, welcome on in, Welcome on back to Off the Edge with me your host Caim Jordans. This episode, we're gonna talk about the obvious, how the Saints only put up fifteen points against the Falcons. So then we're gonna talk about the reaction to Carolina firing the another head coach two season two head coaches gone, that creates instability. Then of course I want to talking with my guy, Jeffrey Simmons, deepensive tackle Tennessee Titans, mont Star and maybe throwing a little you know, something new, a little spice, a little flavor if you will, little Q and A from the fans on my podcast Off the Edge. Let's get into it. Saints lost twenty four to fifteen. I left the game when it was twenty one to fifteen. I got rolled up on bodies, fell my wave, pinned my whole light, left leg down. I try to get back in the game, couldn't really plan off my foot. Frustrated. You know, when you see a team that you're supposed to beat nine times out of ten, get that ten. Atlanta Falcons came out. They had TI start performing and I say start performing because they cut his mic and so then they were just playing his music and I think he was trying to introduce the team, but I'm not really sure. It was sort of I'm not saying it was media embarrassing for the Falcons, but it sort of was saw TLC, you know, without Lisa left eye, of course, but you had Chile and Tea Balls trying to perform, and they gave him like the last twenty seconds of their song after they brought out, like, you know, a little girls group. They were dancing, they had DJ booth and they didn't even do them justice. I was like, man, there's a legends here. The only thing that went right for him, I guess was was them winning the game by Jesse Bates scored a touchdown. Here's car now watch the throw in accepted Jesse Bates. He's got green grass forty fifty forty thirty twenty strided out Jesse touchdown Atlanta. He went like ninety five to ninety six yards and I'm like, just get him down. Put the defense on there, because at this point it was three zero, like we need that, you know, we should have been up ten to oh completely different ball game, would have made their quarterback be a quarterback instead of this dink and dunk that we faced, but it gets frustrated losing to a team that you're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The only other highlight I could think of was probably Ludacris coming down and rap and get back, which was, you know, reminisced to my Was that maybe junior high for me when he came out the fire song and the first time probably since twenty fifteen and the Atlanta Falcons fans were actually rocking with them. That was probably as loud as they've ever been and it still sounded like a Saints preseason game anyways. So let's get be on them. We have, you know, we've we've got the Detroit Lions coming up, which you know, their head coach was a former tight ends coach for us, so we know Dan Campbell quite well. We got to be able to focus in and try and hone in on what Jamior Gibbs, you know, David Montgomery, Alma Saint Brown, amon Ra Saint Brown almost disrespected him, what they bring to the table. And of course you got to be aware of of Jared goffin the way he's led his team to their record. Now, so we've got things we got to do. We've got things we got to take care of now, talking about you know, head coach, head coaches that we know, head coaches that we don't. You know, the Carolina goes through it again, ends up firing their head coach to the week and after Thanksgiving Black Friday. No, all these coaches must go. This is what Carolina has just put out there, which means, you know, they're gonna stick by their guy, Bryce Young and try and build around him as their number one overall pick from this past year's draft, which makes sense. I think there's a lot of potential with that kid when he's you know, the time, we've already faced him and I thought there was a lot of positive to him. Now, clearly he hasn't had the fast start like CJ. Stroud has over the Texans, but ce Just Stroud has a lot of weapons, you know, not saying you can't name a rupping over at Carolina. But if it's not Bryce Young here, talk about the only other one would on offense would be Adam Thaln. So you know, they're trying to get right over there, and I'm I'm I'm thankful that I don't have to worry about a mid season head coach change so far in my career to date anyways, So let's go ahead and move on. I really want to do something interesting here is bringing these fan questions. About a week ago, send out a little little post on my ig story and was like, Hey, any questions that you guys want to talk about while I'm on the on the pod. Let's let's talk about it, all right, So let's get into these questions. You know, start off light and then go heavy on answer four or five six questions whatever I got in the next you know, five six minutes or so. At Sean Ray's eighty seven, you asked me what my favorite snack is, and it just depends on the day. More times than not. I'm looking for a bag of like chips like the kettle kettle cooked potato chips, big on potatoes, Love a good potato chip, salt sure preferably barbecue and jalapeno, like two different bags. You mix them in there, fire combination, combination. Let's go on to uh oh at chief Olave. I see what you did there? What made you fall in love with New Orleans? If it wasn't the food, then it was the people. And if it was the people, then it was just the ability to be drafted by the New Orleans Saints and doing so, I met one of my best friends, you know, mark Ingram same draft class twenty eleven, holding it down, and everything about New Orleans has been phenomenal. You know, met the wife down here in New Orleans, created four beautiful kids down here in New Orleans. All right, let's go on beyond that, you know, I think, oh, this could be fun. At Pascal Underscore Mayala Maya La Underscore fifteen, your top five greatest D line of all time. Now, I'm gonna say John Randall top tier. I'm gonna say Aaron Donald up there, up there. I mean, I'm probably like you know, I was born in Minnesota, So I'm gonna fight for like a Keith Millard or you know, whatever that is. Maybe he's rounding at five. I don't have him in whatever order. But then the next two though, this where gets interesting. I think JJ Watt is gonna it should have been one of the best labeled as D tackles, so he could be the best D tackle of all times. I mean, what he's done in the interior pressures that he creates. Yeah, he gets out on the edge, but his ability to cross gaps and create mismatches on a guard, we're disgusting. For one hundred and like twelve and a half sacks going for two season is worth a twenty twenty pieces. There was a stretch of like three or four years where he had like fifty sacks altogether. I mean J. J. Watt was a pure animal. And then of course you're gonna say Reggie White, Yes, the Minister of Defense was murdering cats on the edge, but he was really a de tackle because when you switch him inside, he was unstoppable bull. So you know, if I don't know where, that's my top five right now, you know, like top five, top five, and it's probably gonna have to take Keith Mollard out to then insert Chris Jones ish maybe one of my guys coming up on the podcast, cause you know, a couple more years together and they could be looking quite different. You know, there's some monsters in the middle. You salute to those guys. Let's get on to the next question. At Cat a Dog, do you think Alonte Taylor could be top ten within two to three seasons with his hunger and passion. I don't know if it's gonna take two or three seasons. You know, I think that he wants to get better, and he is getting better each and every game. So top ten if not next season, sure, two seasons. I don't know by three three, Like, he's not a project. He's ready. Eve been pride and ready since he got in. I got a lot of respect for Alante, So I'm expecting the greatest of the biggest of things, you know, as we edge out this season as well as headed into the next season. So the next question would be, ooh at stay true, dot s. What's one Falcon pastor president you would love to have on the Saints playing right now? None of them? If I had to go with one, it's gonna be an obvious answer. Here. Draft class two thousand eleven. You know they call you the turbo Jets. Whatever it was in fifty to fifty ball was really a ninety ten. His name is Julio Jones. You know when this man came into the league, he took the league by storm, ran like a four to three with the broken foot came in and I mean his yards is impressive. Anytime he trust the field, you were nervous, you know, it used to be rightighty white on one side, Julio Jones and the other, and then you had to worry about whatever the myriad of whatever attacks that is right that Atlanta had, But you were really concerned about the Julio Jones. So then I'm off. Go ahead and at the SHASMN nine nine nine nine. And how much do you miss sacking Matt Ryan? I mean, come on, man, we had chances, we had chances to be even more special than we already had a special connection of twenty three sacks and twenty four games playing against each other. It's not bad then you think about, you know, just the good times. I miss him a lot. Heck, guy, so I'm on the sidelines and I had to get one last time for the one last time. Next time, I'll give him a proper handshake. You know, he's a good guy, great man, you know, former NFLMVP. Anyways, that's probably all the positives I have to say about Atlanta Falcon. That's back to back. The next question, maybe the last question, because this was what hurt at Owen underscore. Oli font do you think the Saints would have won the Super Bowl in twenty eighteen if they called PI? I think the Saints would have won if they called you know, p I the head on Drew Brees. I mean, just do the right thing. You had. You had multiple calls that were in fractions that play. If you just want to go ahead and be a great, you know person at your job, rep, go ahead throw the flag on one of two serious implications there. Anyways, these are apparently just scripes. All keep on caring. Just is what it is. Yeah, that puts the damp it on the mood. And I knew it was going to all right. So at this point, you know, I just want to just say, when we come back from this break, I'm gonna bring in my guy Jeffrey Simmons, d tackle Tennessee Titans. Stay tuned. But I appreciate you tapping in with me, you know on my podcast Off the Edge. You know, it's not just about DNS, about the interior pushes about it's about the game. Really, it's just about those you know, off the edge, off the edge of your seat type questions. I appreciate my guy Jeffrey Simmons, Big Jeff l hefe if you will coming through on the pod. You know, just a multiple time pro bowler, a couple of times, been a second team All Pro, and I just want to get into that, like, you know, everything that you do is just a testament to the work you put in. I saw you this off season, you know what I'm saying. You were fresh off the surgery. We was talking about past rushing and then you already five and half se Sax said, with six games left, just going, just going federal. What do you give thanks to for just how you've been so oppressive the last couple of years?
Speaker 3: First off man, Honestly, it just with me personally, you know, especially in the off season.
Speaker 2: You know, I go out to Dallas.
Speaker 3: You know I have I had an uncle who played in the NFL for ten years, Jason Hatcher. A lot of older guy know him who you know played against him or played with him. But you know, a lot of the stuff I do in the off season, you know, I do it with him, do a lot of my training with him, and you know, and throughout the year, you know, even during the games, you know, I maybe adding air now and then and go to my locker and I just know I have a text message from him. You know, keep your feet moving, you know, stave the ground or whatever. It may be especially here in Tennessee. Man having a coach like Vrabel and you know, coach T big t Will, you know, just to try to keep emphasizing on my technique.
Speaker 2: That's that's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of that's a lot that a lot of things that have to do with me, you know, not winning sometimes it's because of me, you know, even when I'm getting double team, you know, and I remember you, I remember going back to von Miller thing where you say they just in a way, and that's you know a lot of people took that the wrong way, but it's true because you know, when we get when we not winning all reps, it's stuff that we're doing, stopping our feet, you know, not using our hands, maybe missing a swipe because honestly, man, like my coach hit me all the time. You know, you you what's your technique good?
Speaker 2: You use your hands, your feeding on stop who can block you in this league?
Speaker 3: So man, just the testing into them guys like especially in our building each and every day reminded me of my technique. And you know, just try to keep keep keep it going, man, try to be more consistent, consistent with it, especially with my technique. So other than that, Man, just you know, just trying to get where you're at. Man, A hundred sacks, That's that's the goal for me. Man, you know, still early in my career for sure, but you know that's especially coming from an interior guy. You know that that's a goal, especially just watching great guy like you. Man just still after old headed in this lead, is still getting after after the quarterback.
Speaker 1: So youah, hurt. I mean, I mean, that's it's impressive what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: You know you talk about that, but that's what led to you signing that bag this off season. You know, we talked about it. Next thing, I know, you know you you signed through twenty four. You know, you're clearly there's a reason why it's not just about dollars. There's a reason why you believe in Titans righting the ship and going ahead and believing in not only yourself but the team to have success in the long run. What makes you think that they'll be Super Bowl contender soon?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I think the culture. You know, it started with our head coach, coach Rabel. I don't know if you really know him as as as much as I do I know him right now, but man, I just I believe in what he preaches.
Speaker 2: I believe in what they're trying to build around here.
Speaker 3: Just that you know, from when I first got here in Tennessee, man, like I just I knew, just a this is a winning like culture like what he's trying to preach. And you know, of course, like these last two years, like you know, you call it what it is. You know, we haven't been doing them. We haven't been all been playing our best football. And and when you when you turn on the tape and I know, and I know you can say the same thing, like when you turn on that tape and you like, I get this team is pretty good, but that's no way they should have beat us, you know, and you turn on that tape and where you just constantly keep being yourself. You know, of course it looked bad on the outside every time.
Speaker 1: So it's like there's like there's in a game, there's two or three plays you can really pinpoint, Like, bro, if we had these two plays back, we're talking about different stories most definitely.
Speaker 3: And that's and that's the that's the pretty much that's something of all season so far. Man Like if we'd be like here, play here, like play here, and then it's like every play is someone new, like maybe on front end, maybe on the linebackers don't wanted to play, or the DV like it just you know, and I'm just honestly feel man that you know, him and Verbel and Ran they're gonna keep building you know, this team to where and get it back to where it was at when I first got here my first year, I think last yeah, last year is my first year since I've been in the league with this is my fifth year now, so my fourth year into the league, with my first time not making a playoff, you know, and and I honestly believe that, you know, eventually we'll we'll get back to that. You know, who says that we can't this year? You know we of course we four and seven right now, and you look at the record and you'd be like, that's no we no way we're gonna make the playoffs. But honestly, we only played to the two of our division games with what we got the coach this weekend and we haven't even played the Texans yet. We got to play them twice and also got the Jacksonville Jacksonville one more time, so all division is still in front of us. And everything that we won't still in front of us. And I know I believe in this team, and I believe in you know, the upstairs pieces that put us together to come continue to have, you know, create them pieces around us to make us a contender for sure.
Speaker 1: No doubt. Six games of Bro, you can rattle up them wins and really be sitting there either like Bro, go crazy, be said at ten and seven, nobody's talking about finish nine and eight. You can still have a chance at playoffs. I mean, you know, with you, Bro, let's just talk about, you know, beyond.
Speaker 2: Them for seven?
Speaker 1: Right, you scored a tuddy last week. I saw the gritty like not last week. I guess it was that week eleven. You know, it was my bye week. I'm just sitting on the couch watching TV and I see big Man in the in the flat. You know what I'm saying. With with the with the score and hold on to the ball like you didn't fumblingly, you knew what you was doing, and then you hit a gritty. We're not gonna talk about the gritty. I just want to talk about yeah, yeah, you and Mike said grit.
Speaker 3: The gritty just was you know, it's just one of the things kind of it reminded me of the guy from the memory from Miami just second.
Speaker 2: Yeah the picture now, but it reminded.
Speaker 3: Me of him, like, you know, you can't I can't do the gritty, but I'm still do it just.
Speaker 1: To you know, put it out there.
Speaker 2: Put it out there.
Speaker 1: Stick stick to the stick to the waist up shot please, you know you know, yeah, but you didn't drop that thing though, Like you know what I'm saying. It was it was one to the flat. You knew what she was on.
Speaker 2: I knew. I knew earlier that week.
Speaker 3: They was like, you know, well, I'm gonna say the last couple of weeks, you know, I've been getting in the offense, you know, going block, and it just so happened that there was like I had three plays up, I had a short yarded, I had that play, and then I had that blocking plate early in that game where I went and kicked out the end. But man, it was like when I was I was, I was waiting on the ball, like it literally felt like the ball was in the air for so long. It's like my hand was just I got to steal shot of my hand. Just I'm holding my hands up, like, is this ball gonna ever get to me?
Speaker 2: But man, I haven't caught a.
Speaker 3: Touchdown since my senior year of high school. So I was like, this one right here, I gotta catch it. I gotta this one, got to remember for the rest of my life, my first one in the NFL.
Speaker 2: So and uh twenty three.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know, I thought he got me pretty good and kind of popped me. So I was like, hold on to this ball and make sure I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying bring home. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I feel good, though, man, big man, you know, that's a big man dream, especially initially being able to score a touchdown, so that's more definitely felt good.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir man, I saw that and I was like, I was like, no, no, we gotta talk about it. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love one of these guys.
Speaker 3: It felt good, man, even, you know, even though I told one of my coaches, I was like, I was messing with my d line touch I said.
Speaker 2: He was like, I don't think you scored.
Speaker 3: I said, I did score, but listen, I wish it could have been another game where we was winning.
Speaker 2: It was getting beat by Like what what? I forgot what the scored at that time. But I was.
Speaker 1: Like when we were.
Speaker 3: When I got on the bus, I was like, you know what, we lost, But that's that's the moment that I never know, it may not happen ever again. So I'm gonna churich that moment. And you know, like I said, it felt good for getting.
Speaker 1: Sure, bro, because I've definitely had that play in our goal, our red zone whatever for our team. And we ran that thing for like seventy five times over like two or three weeks, and I was like, it's gonna be my time, and they never called my numbers, So I'm glad they called yours. You know what I'm saying, definite living for the boast of us because I'm clearly never gonna get that again. It's fine, It's fine, bro. It's more than just defense. With you, you're clearly officer side, but the second all pros, the sacks, everything that comes through the amount of work you put in. It feels like you play the run as well. Like we played you early, like the first game of the year. We knew like we had a game plan for you. How much do you pride yourself on, you know, being all around d tackle. You know, it's not just about sacks. It's about the run too. It's an all around game.
Speaker 3: Most definitely the first I'm gonna go back to that sentence game. I don't know what y'all had against me.
Speaker 2: That game.
Speaker 3: Y'all had y'all running backs, chipping me inside out, like it's a play where we call an interception. And every time I see that play, I just I get mad all over because it small way literally like I had a short reels for like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Right, you're gonna be excited to hear that.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I told him after the game. He was like, Man, I was just doing my job. Man, you held of a pleasure doing my job. I'm like, yeah, that's that. That hurt pretty bad, you know, But nah, man, you know with me, Man, when I when I touched the field, man like run down, pass down, you know, running to the ball, getting out the stat That's what I live for, you know, because it's ways I want to try to separate myself from other defensive tackles in this league. You know, when I watch film, you know, I was like, Okay, he can rush the passer, he can stop to run. You know what can really separate me from all these other good defensive taking in the league.
Speaker 2: Which is a lot of them.
Speaker 3: You know, even in my class when I talk about like running to the ball, now I want to be around the ball. You know, you get a lot of de tackles, maybe going five yards, but you know you turn on the feel and you see me trying to chase down the screen thirty yard down the field. That's why I say, Okay, this is why I can separate myself from guys, you know, and not just getting sacks, because I mean, we all want sacks. But at the end of the day, I tell the media all the time, I think sometimes sack could get overrated, you you wiel like, you know, because it's way more game to I mean way, it's way more way to affect the game to get sacks.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I could set the edge as a three technique.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that my outside linebacker would love that, you know, so they could play off me, or you know, maybe the linebackers just could run through and made the tackle if I said the edge is a three technique. So man, I take pride in just the way I play the game. I play with a lot of passion. A lot of people say I talk a lot of smack, which I does. I talk a lot, but.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, like he don't turn down most.
Speaker 3: Definitely, bro, Like I mean, and I tell some people, I tell people like some people take it, you know, off the field and take it to heart. But at the end of the day, man, I'm just out there trying to feed my family.
Speaker 2: I'm out there. You know, this is what I love to do.
Speaker 3: Like I love the game of football, and each time I step on the field, its just released and I release that energy.
Speaker 2: And you know that's the way I play the game of football.
Speaker 3: Man, Like I play hard, you know, I say, maybe not just sax all the time, Like right now I wish I could have way more sacks, but that's just not happening right now. But at the end of the day, like I said, I still feel like I'm being a dominant force on the field. And you know, teams understand that. Team know that that you know you better not single block me out.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pay you better.
Speaker 3: You better have that running back ship for he side out most definitely. But man, you know, when you watch the game, when you've been you appreciate the game so much. And like I said, guys like watching guys like you who still you know, running out the stack and you know, chasing it, chasing the ball from backside. You know that that would make me appreciate the game even more, and that would make me.
Speaker 2: Play the game even harder. Man, So I appreciate you for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Look, hey, head coach from from the Jets. You know Robert Sala said, you know, sacks are an overrated stat You gotta look at you gotta look at the entire situation you just alluded to just that. Man. I think, bro, the show you put on this past weekend, you look at that stat line. Bro, it's tackles, it's TFLs, it's pressures, it sacks. You know, like that that complete game really showed up for you. How do you feel about like knowing y'all really sort of put the finisher on the head coach over there at Carolina, Bro, Like I'm just saying, you talk about it, but like right after y'all got done with him, they fired their head coach, Frank Reich out of there.
Speaker 2: That is true, Man.
Speaker 3: I played against coach Frank when he was with the Coachs, and it's kind of like the same thing happened to him when he was the Coast.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel sorry for him, man, you know.
Speaker 3: Because when I was coming out of the draft, I remember, you know, he was the guy him and the owner for the Coast. It's a gym. He was like, you all guy, you know we're coming to get you if you're not drafted. I think they had a twenty eight pick, twenty sixth pick. It was like my year, and he was like, we're come to get you like you are guys now. I remember when I got picked by the Titan they traded out the first round, so I had a good relationship with them, So.
Speaker 1: You it's coming to get you like our guys.
Speaker 3: Know they like they reminded me, like up into the draft, like you all guy. But I ended up getting picked by Tennessee, which you know, I love it here but top stop playing. But nah, man, it sucks. But at the end of the day, man, we you know, this game don't got no feelings in it.
Speaker 2: This game.
Speaker 3: No team, like I said Week three and seven, like no team care about that. Like at that point in time, you know, we now we four and Steff, you think the coach is gonna come here. You know they need to get a win, Like nah, every time you step on the field, you better thinking about it. It could be my last now it's could be my last time coaching, so you better give your best forever but effort.
Speaker 2: But you know it sucks for him and such for his family. But we all know this a business.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, at the end of the day, it's a business. And you get reminded every day, especially on a loser season, that the revolving door get crazy. Guys, the practice squad starts going real quick, like you know the guys that you know, do you start signing people just like things that don't don't make sense. You're like everybody helped on new line you signed like two xtrad tackles to another DN you like looking like.
Speaker 2: Going on, what's myth? Is it me?
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying that that it creates instability and that's like you know that that's countertuitive of you know, winning sometimes definitely, but that with the Titans, you guys got. You guys got some guys. I mean, you got Will Levice. How much faith do you have in him going forward? He's some things I like. I like the way he spends that wrong.
Speaker 3: I like Will Man like I honestly feel like he our guy, you know, just to even before the game, man, like most of the time, you know, I break it down on the field, I break it down in the locker room right before we go back on the field. And and then something just told me. I said, will break it down. And it's like that list that lived like two minute speech he gave right.
Speaker 2: Before the game.
Speaker 3: I knew, like we'll gonna be real special just as leadership.
Speaker 2: You know, his will to one win.
Speaker 3: And you know you could tell even that practice man, like he haven't. And I just remember doing count and I remember, like I never you know, when you when you really you pay attention to quarterbacks, you know, doing practice. You know, during the game, we're just trying to sack them. But when you're now on your team, you try to see like, all right, this this the leader.
Speaker 2: This who's gonna lead our offense.
Speaker 3: And you know, when you see a quarterback like Will, man, just it's crazy how he released the ball and it's kind of just it's kind of wild me because sometimes cause I'm like he got a quick release and this and that, like you know, but overall, man, like you know, I'm excited for our frture with Will, even the rest of the season. You know, I think once our offense, you know, completely get back rolling. You know, last week we had a lot of sparks. They showed a lot that we have a lot of talent on.
Speaker 2: The offensive side.
Speaker 3: So you know, once we get back rolling and stay on that set the train, man, I think we will lead it off defense to great things and lead all team to great things because, like I said, with all defense.
Speaker 2: Man, like, you know, we can have his back.
Speaker 3: We got some good guys up front, you know, so I think once once we could continue to score points and you know, continue to get out the field and get well the ball.
Speaker 2: You know, great things can happen for us.
Speaker 1: No doubt. And all he got to do is turn around and hand that thing off to d Henry. Now stop playing.
Speaker 3: That's you know, That's why I said, we got some skilled guys and you know, Darren hearing then you got d Hop on the outside.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited for us. Man.
Speaker 1: Letting practice, even doing training, can you ain't really get to tag d Hop? What's it feel like tackling Derrick Henry? Like during training camp, during practice, like going after knowing that you're going up against one of the stronger runners in the game most definitely.
Speaker 2: You know we don't. We really never just take guy to the ground. But yeah, trust me.
Speaker 1: That's probably in his favor.
Speaker 3: If I'm like, if I see Darren coming through that B guy, for if I'm in the A gap, I'm not going to like, that's no reason for me to, like, you know, squibble up, like I'm going to put my pass down, put my head up and square him up because I didn't seen him, Like, I didn't see him run over like d liners and linebackers like they try to meet square him up in that hole and they tensed up and it's not good for him. So man, But it's crazy though on cam like when you I'm sure you didn't play with a lot of great teammates and guys who really worked for it. I don't know no one I worked there here, man, Like his time he put into the game before ball is crazy. In the off season, you know, we both are training Dallas with him, and he'd be telling me come run them dang heels.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Derek, I don't know about that. Man.
Speaker 1: Y'all got heels of Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you ain't never seen the heel that he runs.
Speaker 1: No, look I've seen it. I didn't know he was in Dallas like that. Look I go sometimes the Florida, go find the big old rolling rolling Hillslade Joints, California, Dallas.
Speaker 3: The hell he is in Dallas. And now I'm like he was just know work out. I work out early in the morning. Then I work out and then I go back. I'm like, there, I get it. I get it, doll like everybody got their own routine. But man, but nah, man, even even during the season came like I was in the building yesterday and I'm sure like today, like there is always.
Speaker 2: In that building.
Speaker 3: He is in the weight room and you know he's in the training room and just the amount that he put into the game, and like it shows on Sundays and he continues to produce for us.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's good to have him as a teammate.
Speaker 1: Kd H stopped playing definitely last six games. But what else do you look forward to? Bro, Like six games left? How does your team capitalize? How do you capitalize? I mean six games? You could you could really rattle off these things.
Speaker 3: Now, how do we get ex Definitely? Man, And the good thing about it, you know the last six games. Of course, like we played the Coach this weekend, which you know, a run first team, and you know, the first time we played the Coach this year, it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: They ran the.
Speaker 3: Ball pretty good on that So that's gonna be the main key this week to stop the run. But we play a lot of teams who throw the ball the rest of the season. You know, we got the Dolphins that's a Monday night game, and we got the Texans who have been throwing the ball pretty good. So it's really that that will to that want to get to the quarterback. At the end of the day, you got to win your match up and be able to win your one on ones. And you know we're gonna see is is A is the team gonna give me opportunity to give me some one on ones and at the back end of the season so that no, come on, man, they playing all these people, all these guards, all these money.
Speaker 1: Man like your offensive line and still be trying to guard slide with tackles, hit the are you doing? Get help from the center?
Speaker 3: Were playing the Panthers last week. I'm like, I have a d n right here outside linebacker. Who WI you telling me, you still this taco still dragging on the three, Like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Get outside and get out of there.
Speaker 3: But but now I'm looking forward to the back end of the season, like I said, like this team, man, we want to win, and you know, just the message we've been receiving, you know, each and ever, each and every week. You know, get back to the basic. You're not trying to create new things, especially later in the season. You know, just just just let's get back to winning. And like I said, win and take care of everything, the fun, the energy, and the building.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited for that.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm looking forward to us just trying to stack these wins. And you know, especially like I said, back to the personal side of me. You know, my goal is to finish double digit you know, I'm sitting there, I think like five and a half right now, and you know that's my goal. So i want to get them double digit sacks in the regular season, which I haven't got in my career yet. So I'm looking forward to the back end of the season and getting them sacks.
Speaker 1: Man, It's time to go get it, bro I got definitely. I just want to know that, like have you, Like we talked about, you know, the extension your goals are you are you saving? Are you saving? You know that the big purchase after you hit this double sack or like, have you bought anything you know rare yet?
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 1: Have you gone into that? Oh? I need it yet?
Speaker 2: No? I mean I really haven't just purchased.
Speaker 3: You know, when I first got my did you know my my my my gold truck was always the coloring which I ended up getting. You know, I always wanted that, but what was definitely but it haven't I haven't really just got to that point where like, uh, you know, maybe maybe the trip to Dubai after I get them ten satires of the season, Yeah, go ahead and book that.
Speaker 2: So outside of that, that's going to probably be the gift to myself big sheet status most definitely.
Speaker 3: Most definitely. But man, but man, that's that's something I want. I want to get to them sacks. And you know, like I said, if it don't happen, you know, I appreciate the game so much, and you know that what they have done for me just you know, especially the last five years and just being able to each each and every year too. You know, see how much I have grown as a player, and like I said, hopefully I'll get to them ten sacks. But you know, I'm sure these teams know that I'm coming. They're not going to just leave me one on one. So like I said, you never know, you just got to Like I'm sure you hit all the time, you just can't miss that opportunity when it when it do happen.
Speaker 1: Man, who I've had two sacks this yere taken away by penaltyes. I don't split. I split two sacks back then I hit a quarterback first and they still gave my sack to another player.
Speaker 2: I said, that happened to me. That happened to me.
Speaker 3: And also this past game, one of my like twice happened twice, literally happened twice my boy de Nico, which he had to this past game, which man, he don't get that, he don't get the respect he deserved. Man like, kill a player, and but he had he had the quart of the bryce wrapped up and he missed him, and I came in wrapped them up, missed him twice, so that actually I should have had three secs this past game.
Speaker 2: Man, Like, I'm just on them plays, man like, that's what.
Speaker 1: That's a that's an in house fine anytime you anytime you miss a sack and and all the D line, Bro, we charged it to the game, and we like we got to pay a toll. It goes towards O D line trip in the year. But like you had, like you miss a sack, that's that's a m obp, a missed opportunity of big play. You gotta get it. You gotta get it like you gotta get it back. I learned new things like this is why I love talking about my friends across the league, Bro, because you learn new things about your TV, your boys. I get to see you in the off season over von Miller's Rush Camp, past Rush Summit, whatever transforms into Bro. I appreciate you. I appreciate you just showing up and talking and just vibing off of you know, soon to be legends of the game. But you know, I also learned, like you know, I thought, you know, coming out of high school, you knew you were the number two ranks strong side defensive end. Do you recall who the number one defensive end was when you come out of high school?
Speaker 3: Was it Rashaun Gary Nick Bosa?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: See listen, I went into all that. Coming out of college, I mean high school. I just knew about the Mississippi rankings. Then keep up with the with the you know, with the national rankings like that. Okay, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You knew you knew Rashawn was in that class though.
Speaker 3: I know for sure the only reason why I knew Rashean was in it because I remember us on the official v No. It was a visit to Old Miss at the time. It was both the Old Miss at the same time one weekend.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, yeah, I'm just looking at this twenty fifteen high school class was crazy. You Nick Bosa, Rashaan, Gary Desha, Lawrence Quinn Williams, had Oliver, Brian Burns, Justin Mattabuki, Derek Lordjesel Fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That and that college college across the nation was like we need.
Speaker 2: Him definitely, bro. That that was a crazy class.
Speaker 3: Even just being at the US Army game with all them guys like Derrick Brown in them.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yeah, if y'all we all could just go to college together, that'll be crazy.
Speaker 1: Bro, y'all could have created your dream team. Hey, you should look at you just you should have looked at Derek Brown, big dB be like, Bro, we gotta change the program.
Speaker 3: You and you know what's crazy? He was so close to coming to Mischievan state. His grandma is a mischievan state. Like her whole what I was told, like her whole living room were decorated with Missian state.
Speaker 1: Like you should have. You should have leaned in the ground. You can't let him aub You can't let you. You stick to SEC. He's gonna Auburn and you.
Speaker 2: You're right there.
Speaker 1: I don't know or you should have gone to Auburn. Either way, y'all should ya should have joined up? Like changing the program. Y'all could have been like the Georgia detail, Bro, like we don't change this year.
Speaker 2: I would have been I would have been crazy.
Speaker 1: Now that's even crazy thing. Anyways, I appreciate you, my boyfriend, tapping in everything that you do.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Keep on being a living legend. That's crazy to think that you came in in that twenty nineteen draft class. Bro, Like wow, and now you've now you've big paid. You know what I'm saying, Go get your first team off pro Bro.
Speaker 3: You deserve it most definitely. I appreciate you much respect to you. Keep balling man, keep setting an example for us young boys.
Speaker 1: Man, man, we got to I get excited just to see the future of where this league is gonna be. I mean, I just got done talking to the Jeffrey Simmons. I mean, ell have fe bro for you know. I'm just saying he's from Louisiana. I feel like there's a connection there. But I've known my guy for quite a while and it's just a blessing to be able to talk to somebody like him, come from you know, come from Louisiana and went to Mississippi State. He hit the league and sort of sort of feels like he's he's the future, you know. But I appreciate you guys tapping in with me on this whole conversation, this whole journey. If you will on my podcast Off the Edge Now, don't forget to tell your friend, tell your teammates, tell your cousins, Hey, tell people you care about people you don't care about the likes the same mis most go ahead, tap in wherever you get your podcasts, Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio app wherever it's to be found, you can always find us because we can be scooching off the Edge with me. Your host Cam Jordan,