Speaker 1: You've found us on podcasts. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And more importantly, I know if you're on podcasts, you are online right now, and you better be shopping for our merch for a cause we've got the cutest gear right now and it's all one proceeds going to Action against Hunger. Just go to Brook and Jeffrey dot com to get your shopping done now the show.
Speaker 3: I don't know why it took me a week to remember this what pretty embarrassed, and I can't believe no one here figured it out either's Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: In the morning.
Speaker 3: Did you guys remember a week ago, or maybe it was two weeks ago when I asked, are we doing Christmas presents for each other this year?
Speaker 4: And Brooke immediately rolled her eyes at the.
Speaker 3: Question, and then Joseiah said something about how he was tricked into not buying presents for anyone last year, while Alexis complained about the really nice coffee mug that I got her, Yeah, starting a fire in her microwave.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like that's a fair complaint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically, you guys all made it about yourselves.
Speaker 6: But remember the holidays are supposed.
Speaker 3: To be about giving, so not giving side eye giving.
Speaker 2: I will say I did get I didn't end up doing it, but I did bring two things up to the register for Alexis and Ashley, but then I decided not to get them because I don't want to buy something for Jeffrey and jose because it's so much more fun to buy for you.
Speaker 5: You don't have to tell them you gave it to me.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Okay, okay, yeah, I don't know if that's really in the spirit.
Speaker 2: I mean, if the spirit is supposed to be like you enjoy giving right.
Speaker 3: Yeah to everyone. But that's what I was saying. I can't believe I forgot that. For years we were doing white elephant gift exchange.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yours is still sitting over by my desk. I don't know, we never did, never done on since I've worked.
Speaker 3: Here, But just whatever we find in our closet gift exchange. That was so fun back in the day. Sure tried to give away one of her children one year. Remember, Ashley took them home for the weekend, but eventually had to give him back.
Speaker 1: That's why they have those ticks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but can we all agree like a white elephant.
Speaker 4: Exchange for this Christmas. We should do it.
Speaker 3: I love it that we don't have to buy us anything, Brooke. Just go into your closet and give us whatever is in there.
Speaker 1: Are we trying to be serious? Like you? You want to give a good gift? Or is it a funny one?
Speaker 5: Do you have like a budget? You know, spend?
Speaker 8: Don't overthink it to organize the second less thought.
Speaker 4: Is better in this case. Maybe maybe we'll do an Instagram live thing for Jake.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Jake?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: All I've ever wanted for Christmas? That's our gift to Jake this year.
Speaker 3: So we'll do white elephant gift exchange among the entire show. Don't forget all right now, let's move on and get into the shock collar question as a day with a man who is teaching a class on how to stuff stockings for her pleasure this year Digital Jake.
Speaker 9: This holiday season, forget caroling around the neighborhood or playing Spin the Candy Cane with your relatives, because this is the hot new chrisp game everybody wants to play with your family. Find out once and for all, who's the smartest member in your household with trivia questions so easy even our blockhead Charlie Brown could get them right. Let's have another holly jolly edition of three and a half seconds with Alexis, and the theme of today's game is popular Christmas carols.
Speaker 10: So let's start with Brooke.
Speaker 9: Your category is Spanish carols.
Speaker 10: Are you going to bet on Alexis or against Alexis?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think Alexis is pretty worldly. She travels a lot.
Speaker 5: I have a seventy day du lego streak in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's also helpful for her, just based on that.
Speaker 9: Jolly okayro being on her Alexis, you'll have to finish this famous Spanish Christmas tune.
Speaker 10: It goes like this, peleas navidad, peleas navidad, feleast navidad. Prospero what.
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 4: Pretty close?
Speaker 10: Pretty close, it's close to offensive. That's not gonna be We're looking for prospero an you.
Speaker 6: Isn't that what she said?
Speaker 3: Not close?
Speaker 1: A pretty good accents.
Speaker 9: That does roughly translate to don't drink the water from mommy's cup.
Speaker 10: So Brookie, bettle Alexis. That did not go well for you.
Speaker 6: So you're going to be getting shot today.
Speaker 3: How did worldly Alexis get that?
Speaker 10: The al doesn't have that in the app?
Speaker 9: Onto, Jeff, your category is giddy.
Speaker 10: Up jingle horse.
Speaker 3: Bet on Alexis or against Alexis giddy Oh.
Speaker 4: Her college mascot was a horse, that is true, the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, oh my god, but think about this. How many sleigh rides would she take just for Instagram?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's just Alexis's knowledge of music in general, let alone Christmas music does not seem to be very strong.
Speaker 1: Stronger than her Spanish skills.
Speaker 4: It's all not very good.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to bet against Alexis and her giddy up knowledge.
Speaker 9: Right, Jeff's hope that she gets this wrong. Alexis, you have to finish this famous Christmas lyrics. Okay, jingle bell jingle bell, jingle bell rock, jingle bells, chime in jingle bell time, dancing and prancing in jingle bell square in.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Okay, what's the Spanish version of that?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna.
Speaker 9: Alexis didn't even need all of her three and a half seconds. She got that right, and Jeff bet against her. So the Brook and Jeff are getting shocked so far, Jose, you may be able to save yourself if you got right here.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's fifty to fifty right.
Speaker 9: Now, Jose, your category is pudding.
Speaker 13: That's so random. I don't think she's ever mentioned putting.
Speaker 2: Anybody who's casualt pudding yeah, or hot bread pudding, Oh my, get me in.
Speaker 14: But from the girl who likes chicken nuggets strictly in her diet. I think I'm gonna say she's gonna get this wrong.
Speaker 9: Jose's betting against her. Alexis, finish this classic Christmas song. We wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new Year.
Speaker 10: Bring up, allow me to finish. Please, I like at work.
Speaker 9: Good tidings we bring to you and your kid. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new Year. Oh bring us some piggie pudding. Oh, bring us some piggy pudding. Oh bring us some fitty pugging and.
Speaker 5: Make it extra chocolate.
Speaker 9: Rhyme, Alexis, I will give you a half point for singing that, and I will give you negative three for getting that wrong.
Speaker 1: Is not going to be chocolate girls.
Speaker 13: Route.
Speaker 9: We were looking for it and bring it right here, very demanding.
Speaker 10: Yes, she'll say you bet against her. She got a wrong Jose Safe. That was three and.
Speaker 9: A half seconds with Alexis Christmas Carol Edition.
Speaker 3: I want to say good work, Alexis, but I don't even think that's fair. So Brooke and I are going to be taking shot because we guessed incorrectly, and we're going to be singing Happy by Farrell, Happy because.
Speaker 10: Choreograph.
Speaker 3: They're just bouncing like that was totally impromptu, natural performers.
Speaker 4: That's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 12: Frouking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Is there anything more difficult than being a kid trying to fall asleep on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I think I hear sleep.
Speaker 13: I see him out there.
Speaker 1: I definitely heard a hoof huff up there.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how I felt last night lying in bed on w O Y M E, what's on your mind? E?
Speaker 1: Was that excited?
Speaker 3: I was just like running downstairs in my pj's to unwrap all my pleasants. I cannot wait to turn on the microphones and here what has been on all of your mind?
Speaker 8: That's crazy because You don't ever ask how we're doing it or anything, very often, just waiting for.
Speaker 6: This moment.
Speaker 4: It's coming up your mind.
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You ever feel like life's a bowl of soup and you're just a fork.
Speaker 2: That is a perfect analogy.
Speaker 4: Don't feel bad, though, because we're all forks.
Speaker 3: Instead of forking that soup, let's fork each other with a brain new addition of what's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Wait?
Speaker 12: Can I do that? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Allowed?
Speaker 3: At least we're gonna start things off with Brooke Brook, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, I feel so bad you guys. Hi, It's just that I know you're all disappointed. I haven't scheduled our annual show Christmas dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, I dropped the ball.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: And I mean I was just doing all the merch for a cause, stuff which you can still obviously go buy for a limited time right now, any of our cool merchandise like you see in the video right now. And I just I just didn't get around to it this year of scheduleing something.
Speaker 1: But I think I have an idea that will save the tradition. I want to get the rooms read on this because I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 4: You're excited. That's a really good and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: What do you think if I host the dinner at my house?
Speaker 16: Yes, my way, great cook take out at your house.
Speaker 1: We could do pot luck like I'll listen, I'll make like the meat. I'll make the main meat thing, and then everybody can bring like a salad.
Speaker 6: Does that sound good?
Speaker 4: Meat thing? Let's have met for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jose you could be in charge of like a nice bread, a nice crusty bread.
Speaker 13: I would love bring crusty brand.
Speaker 5: Did I sign up to bring drinks? We actually I'm not buying them pervid.
Speaker 3: Are you doing this because you want this to count as your Christmas gift to all of us so that you don't have to buy us any actual presents this year?
Speaker 1: It definitely would count as my Christmas. I don't even know why that's a question.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not listen, it's this or you get nothing.
Speaker 1: At this point. All right, now, I'm going to force you to come.
Speaker 4: To my house the spirit of Christmas.
Speaker 5: Oh, we go get food before we go to.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's meet up.
Speaker 13: Get something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll get to a nice wress. All right, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Well, I got on my elevator the other day, and I was riding with one of my neighbors. And this is one of my neighbors who I've met a few times before, who is more.
Speaker 3: Of a special needs I would say, And.
Speaker 13: I have a few friends in the building. I've made friends with all my neighbors, and I talk a lot.
Speaker 8: You think they're there make a five second elevator ride feel like a half an houration.
Speaker 13: But when I got off the elevator, it made me realize.
Speaker 14: I was like, Oh, he's probably the third or fourth person I've interacted with in.
Speaker 13: A week who has special needs, like in my building. And I'm like, that's awesome because I've always loved how big my building is.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 13: But then I was like, wait a minute, is this building like meant for people?
Speaker 3: Is that like supposed are you supposed to have an issue?
Speaker 6: Is there very specific housing?
Speaker 13: Why am I here? It's like trying to get out the real reason.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what kind of paperwork you filled out?
Speaker 14: It was normal paperwork, like everything has been fine, you didn't have this of any doctors. And then I'm like, they're so nice to me that, but I think you're nice to everybody.
Speaker 3: You do you do comment all the time about how like the people in the lobby are like extra accommodating to walk in.
Speaker 13: I love my building. Everyone's super kind. So I think I think I need to do some more investigators.
Speaker 1: I think this is like the less you know, the better. It's like ignorance is sorry for the bad the day.
Speaker 13: I'm not going to move out.
Speaker 4: You found your people.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I guess the answer is a bad answer. So anyway, I love my building. They love me too.
Speaker 3: Job, I'm proud of you, but.
Speaker 13: On your mind.
Speaker 5: I just visited my best friend in Germany. Yeah, fu, and I didn't do a lot of sight seeing.
Speaker 17: I'm more focused on going out while I was there.
Speaker 1: Right, your best clubs, Yeah, and they're really cool.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: First I was going to buy around for everyone i'm with, you know, to be nice.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and I get six shots and two beers thirty euros.
Speaker 5: You guys, you're cheap.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's really Oh is that cheap?
Speaker 5: Shock? So they start buying around all night. Yes, euros is monopoly money. It doesn't even.
Speaker 13: Count because it's not your girl.
Speaker 18: Mad.
Speaker 17: The other thing, though, is so then I start, you know, going up to guys, I'm trying.
Speaker 5: To talk to them, and it's happened a lot, like more than once.
Speaker 17: These German guys would tell me after I talk for a minute, They're like, you're.
Speaker 1: Too much energy.
Speaker 5: They didn't tell you, Yeah, you need to calm down. You're kind of a lot.
Speaker 4: That's the first time you've ever heard anybody say that.
Speaker 17: I mean more than one person in a night, like, that's amazing, multiple people out of bar yacht. But then my goal shifted from talking to German Man. I was trying to find anybody not German, you know, Spanish, the Irish. Like I was on a hunt for non German people the rest of my trips.
Speaker 1: You need somebody more high attend.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I've never heard.
Speaker 1: Of the Germans is laid back so that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 17: They didn't like it, but I bought them drinks anyways because it was cheaply a million euros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Well, I went to my first Christmas tree lighting ceremony ever really this weekend. I was really excited for it because I've never been to one. It's a new experience, big holiday tradition. I wanted to see what it was all about. Yeah, so I'll set the scene for you. It's about two hundred people in this small town's where all just milling around out in the cold for an hour.
Speaker 1: That sounds right, you make it sound.
Speaker 3: Just standing around looking at this big dark tree.
Speaker 1: Do they have any like carollers out there?
Speaker 3: Any There is a table serving like mildly warm cocoa hot foco, just kind of mild temperature. Finally, someone gets on the microphone and thanks everybody for coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's like, so, my dad just passed away.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw the first seventy lightings.
Speaker 4: This would have been his seventy first but he died.
Speaker 13: I'm laughing because it's so bad.
Speaker 4: It's like, anyway, let's light this thing. It was kind of a bummer.
Speaker 3: But then they went right into the countdown, you know, three, two, one, Yeah, big pause, no lights?
Speaker 8: No was Dad back?
Speaker 3: Fifteen seconds later, boom, one strand of lights goes on, one little strand on this huge tree.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, Bob, did you check that before.
Speaker 8: You put them up there?
Speaker 1: I supposed to.
Speaker 4: And then no music, no confetti. That was that was kind of it.
Speaker 8: Go to another one, Jeff, I promise you that I was goind to think of the opposite, like, is that how they normally go?
Speaker 1: Kind of it's kind of hard for the core anti climatic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I thought lighting the Hanukkah candles was depressing.
Speaker 1: This I got it.
Speaker 4: Maybe they could revamp it for next year.
Speaker 3: The text in sevent eight five nine too tell us what's been on your mind?
Speaker 12: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Get a lot of text at seventy eight five nine to two from people telling us what's on their minds, because we just shared what's on ours. This one says big fan of Steady Eddie. Oh, if you don't know who that is, make sure you tune in on the twenties to our show for phone taps.
Speaker 4: Or maybe Steady Eddie you should tell.
Speaker 14: Them, Yeah, tuning on the twenty phone taps.
Speaker 13: Just getting to the point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for elaborating what you do.
Speaker 3: The thirteen funniest thing that we do on the show, and we only do twelve things on this show.
Speaker 4: That's pretty incredible.
Speaker 13: You shoulds checkout.
Speaker 3: Another text says, so lately, what's been on my mind is my boyfriend is twenty five and I'm forty seven and I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna handle this.
Speaker 1: Oh him doesn't go into detail about.
Speaker 3: What this means, but I think we all know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: I think you're up for the challenge. I've got faith in you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just close your eyes and go for it.
Speaker 13: Good luck with that.
Speaker 3: Another sex says, I'm a grown man who wears a little diaper, and I need someone who can babysit and treat me like a newborn baby.
Speaker 14: Okay, I think it's one's for Alexis No so Brook, You've always said that you want another child without going for the pregnancy.
Speaker 8: Come on, now, that is I mean, just when babies start eating solid food, it gets nasty.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine they've been eating.
Speaker 4: You don't have to imagine, you can experience.
Speaker 3: We'll respond back to you listener in just a bit, but keep your text coming in seven eight, five nine to tell us what's on your mind.
Speaker 12: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's important to always have some good excuses in your back pocket for whenever you might.
Speaker 4: Need to use them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Like.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I climbed a tree to help a cat and now I'm stuck too.
Speaker 1: When you're stuck in trees.
Speaker 3: Get you out of a wedding or a job interview. Or oh no, my eyeball fell out again.
Speaker 1: Ah, I hate that.
Speaker 3: Happens all the time. Or sorry, I was about to do that thing you wanted, but then I accidentally boarded a plane to Mexico.
Speaker 1: I thought this was the bus.
Speaker 3: The key is to make your excuses believable but out of your control.
Speaker 8: And everyone has a loose eyeball, absolutely and important way.
Speaker 3: Some people just don't have their excuses locked down like we do, which is why they got caught cheating. You're gonna hear how their excuses weren't quite good enough. All right, we'll get his eyesight fixed, just in time for a brand new busted coming up.
Speaker 12: Sneaky us two timing, live live, bad boyfriends and even worse girlfriends.
Speaker 3: They thought they could get away with it, but they're about to get busted. It's the segment that's begging you to ask, w.
Speaker 1: W K K D what does that stand for?
Speaker 3: What wouldn't Chloe Kardashian do? For example, Chloe would forgive her cheating exes for multiple months of blatant infidelity.
Speaker 1: Big heart?
Speaker 3: What Chloe wouldn't do is come on our show to expose those unfaithful les.
Speaker 4: SolV right here on busted.
Speaker 5: She'd feel bad about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so again w w KKD. We've got some listeners ready to unload about their axes. We're going to start with Andrea, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 19: Okay, So my boyfriend went on a guy's kirk to Mexico and came home with a band aid on his neck.
Speaker 2: Oh man, God, that just feels like it's so cliche.
Speaker 6: Already into a cactus or something.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Hickey, Mexico is a very dangerous place you go there, book takes the back.
Speaker 2: Roads, and anything that you could cover up with the band aid is obviously very very deadly.
Speaker 13: Right, Well, what happened?
Speaker 19: Well, he told me the story that he was free diving in the ocean and got bit by an electric eel and go to the hotspit.
Speaker 4: All woh next, yeah, poor guy.
Speaker 19: But he would not look me, not when he was saying, oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, and crazy.
Speaker 2: It never came up in conversation prior to this moment.
Speaker 3: A side effect.
Speaker 1: I wish I could I trying, and I was.
Speaker 19: Like, well, I don't believe you, and sure enough he pulled out his phone to show me a video. He was in a swimming pool, not the ocean.
Speaker 11: Number one, whoa swimming and number two you could clearly see his friend trying to be off camera with a gift shop eel probably like.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Didn't buy that.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 19: Also in the video you could see you already had a hickey.
Speaker 2: I mean, how drugs you have to be to be like no, this video will totally.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it going with Danny. Tell us how you busted your significant other. Yeah.
Speaker 20: So I used to live with my girlfriend and one day I decided to come home for lunch. She wasn't there, but she had left her wallet, so, you know, me being a good guy, I decided I was going to bring it to her. So, you know, I finally get over to her work and her car's in a parking lot, but I keep someone's in the back seat of her car.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Maybe she takes work naps. You know, I've always thought about going down to my car just to be like.
Speaker 3: Ten minutes down there, did you check?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, of course. So you know I go over, I knock on the window and there she is and she's making out with one of her coworkers, thinks about taking jump down there.
Speaker 1: That sounds unrestful.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so of course, you know, I'm like, what the f is going on? And she starts crying. She told me the guy bought her lunch and she didn't have any money to put him back.
Speaker 3: She see, this is why Brook always buys me every single.
Speaker 8: Day, but you never pay me back, never do.
Speaker 1: You definitely don't feel bad about it, got.
Speaker 6: Your sandwich che.
Speaker 20: The worst part is that she said that if I'd gotten there sooner with her wallet, ever would have happened, then you'd be more responsible.
Speaker 13: You're that boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Next time we got time for one more, let's hear from Selena. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 22: Well, we were out with a group of friends. My boyfriend was there, she was some of his friends, and his best friend like wanted to make a joke, so he jokingly just said, you know, Selena, you always ruined our guys night out because then my boyfriend's always on the phone texting back and forth with me. And then I was like, whoa, I actually never chext my boyfriend when he goes to hang out with the guys. And we have an agreement. He doesn't do it when I'm out with the girl, and I don't do it to him.
Speaker 2: Oh so the best friend was like trying to call you out for like blowing up his phone.
Speaker 14: You're in bro's night, Like every time he's on around here, he's talking to you on his phone.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I do hate that as a guy where my guy friends won't like actually be present.
Speaker 13: You are right, It is like I'm finally up by myself.
Speaker 1: He doesn't do it though.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that the guy does have a point, but.
Speaker 1: It's not her that he's texting is the issue.
Speaker 4: That is probably what happened.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I obviously was giving him too much trust and freedom. So I grabbed his phone like right there, and then there was a little bit of a scene because I was like, open your phone with the coach he was given like dagger eze to his best friend. Best friend was dear eyde and so finally, yeahs like idiot. So I when I finally looked, I didn't have to read the text. I just saw that he was texting two different selenas. One was me and the other was titled the non Grumpy Selena.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're the grumpy Selena apparently.
Speaker 22: I mean it was like insult to injury.
Speaker 9: They say.
Speaker 14: You can't get mad at him because that's a stereotype towards him.
Speaker 4: Right into it, like.
Speaker 2: I'm going to text a non cheating tony.
Speaker 3: There you go, oh man, bit of our textboards seven eight, five nine two. If you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating, you could.
Speaker 4: Be on the next edition of Busted. We got some phone tap coming.
Speaker 12: Up, frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's tap time, and today we call a guy who just started working at a veterinary clinic. He's only been there a few weeks, answering phones and doing the scheduling, but we've heard from his sister that the job is like hurting cats, literally hurting cats around the bet song like hurting.
Speaker 13: Yeah, don't take that the wrong way, guys.
Speaker 3: I don't care how long he ends up working there, a decade, two decades. I guarantee there's never going to be a stranger situation than what he's about to encounter when we call him. With a special guest appearance from our own Brooke Fox, I wonder if you'll recognize her in your phone. Tap right now, the.
Speaker 23: Twenties Veterinary Office. How can I help you?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 14: My name is Stuart, and I have a calico named Ruby, Ruby red Cheeks.
Speaker 23: That's an adorable name, Ruby Red Cheeks. A returning client.
Speaker 13: No, we are new, first time caller.
Speaker 23: Oh that's great. Yeah, we tay dude clients. So if I can't get your information, I can set up in a point before you and we can meet in person.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know if I actually need like an official appointment.
Speaker 13: I just had some questions.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 23: Well, the issue is I'm not a vet myself. I'm just answering calls here, so if you have any medical questions you would need to actually come at.
Speaker 6: No, it's okay.
Speaker 14: I don't know if it's like a whole vet thing because she's not sick.
Speaker 13: She's just acting like weird. I how to describe it?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 23: Well, like I said, I'm not a doctor myself, but if you want to describe the symptoms, like to take notes.
Speaker 14: No, I mean she's not like a sick cat. It's more of a sound hold on, let me, I wonder if she'll do it. Hold on, let me just see where she is, right, now, Ruby.
Speaker 6: Ruby, the Ruby rubes, come here?
Speaker 13: Baby?
Speaker 6: Did you hear that? Is the phone close enough?
Speaker 23: No? I heard that sounds like a cat to me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: But is that like normal?
Speaker 12: There?
Speaker 24: Did you hear that?
Speaker 13: What is that?
Speaker 15: Let?
Speaker 7: I said?
Speaker 23: I don't know. If you want, I can the schedule an appointment and you can have a professional lesson to it.
Speaker 13: Hold on, do you own a cat?
Speaker 23: I mean I don't right now. I used to own a cat. But what is that?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 23: You know?
Speaker 24: See, like Ruby, what is wrong with you? She never acts like this? I mean it could be this other cat that moved next door. I don't know, Like maybe she wants to like see him.
Speaker 23: Maybe right close the curtains or something so she can't see the cat.
Speaker 14: About what about the Let me try to see if the cat's even there?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 4: Hold on, let me go take her?
Speaker 6: Can he Ruby? Can I see your neighbor?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 6: See see?
Speaker 13: I get close to the window and now she's going nuts.
Speaker 23: I mean, Ruby, have you heard consider that she might just like this other cat? She almost sounds human to me with these noises.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, Ruby, do you have a thing for you?
Speaker 23: She has something?
Speaker 13: I set up a poty for you. Like a cat potty.
Speaker 6: You get it.
Speaker 14: It's like a cat party, but it's a paw like because cat's have paws wet.
Speaker 23: I got it. Yeah, you know, I've got some people in the lobby here, I got it.
Speaker 6: You go in.
Speaker 23: But this is a has been enjoyable.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, she's dude. You got to see what she's doing right now.
Speaker 23: Oh Ruby, what is she doing?
Speaker 13: She's doing the splits?
Speaker 23: Oh my god, wait, she's doing what the splits?
Speaker 13: It's like she's twirking on the carpet. Oh my got on TikTok. Oh my gosh, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: I gonna record this.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I've never heard that before.
Speaker 13: Play the twerk song.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 23: It sounds like you need to like.
Speaker 13: Call me back the other cats getting a show. Brother, I've gotta send you this video.
Speaker 23: Yeah please, I'll show it everybody in the office and get you a professional opinion on.
Speaker 13: This, a professional twork opinion.
Speaker 23: I'm not a dodger.
Speaker 13: No, you're definitely not.
Speaker 14: And I'm definitely not a person who has a sick, tworking cat.
Speaker 13: I'd say for the radio show Brick.
Speaker 8: And Jeffrey in the morning man, Actually, I'm actually a sexy cat now.
Speaker 13: Keep your clothes on.
Speaker 23: Okay. First of all, fake guys, this is a praise because I was really concerned. I was gonna have to like tell my bosses, hey, we gotta scor know.
Speaker 14: Your sister Kylie set you up for all of this, Dude, She said, you just started a new job at the event's office.
Speaker 1: You need to learn a thing or two about cats.
Speaker 23: You're right, I have no knowledge of cats, especially one that had drop it low.
Speaker 1: The split Ruby will teach you.
Speaker 25: Yeah, every morning, weekday mornings on the Twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, if.
Speaker 3: Someone messes up your coffee order, do you a politely let them know that you're allergic to dairy and you need almond milk instead, or do you be drink it anyway? Because suffering through your allergy is less painful than having a full blown confrontation.
Speaker 1: Definitely, we all know.
Speaker 3: Writhing on the ground in that coffee shop, clutching her stomach telling the barista.
Speaker 6: Thank you for your.
Speaker 1: I loved it well.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners dealt with that on their coffee date the other day. Little order mix up happened, and what went down next had the whole play.
Speaker 4: He's awkwardly scary.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's probably the reason he's not getting a callback.
Speaker 4: You'll hear it in your brand news Second Date.
Speaker 3: Update, Next, Second Date Updated, Alexis. If you're on a dating app, what hobbies could somebody put on.
Speaker 4: Their profile that would make you go.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, that's hot.
Speaker 4: I want to get to know them.
Speaker 5: Cooking's pretty nice. They can make me some meals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cooking, okay? What about like a professional puppy trainer? Or what if he houses puppies inside of miniature windmills? So technically it's a puppy mill, but it's cute because he's raising them inside of the tiny mill. But I would ask some follow up questions because I bring it up since one of our listeners apparently met someone on the dating apps with an interesting hobby that peaked his interest. Let's talk to Corey about it. Corey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 21: Hey, how you.
Speaker 1: Doing above board puppy mill?
Speaker 6: Like just talking.
Speaker 3: About that's a fair question.
Speaker 21: No, no, but it was equally as interesting. Now she was a speed puzzler.
Speaker 4: What speed puzzler?
Speaker 23: Yeah, like a speed puzzler.
Speaker 4: Oh my, I actually saw an Instagram reel about this.
Speaker 2: Recent people put jigsaw puzzles together as fast as they can.
Speaker 3: It's like a big competition that they have where there's like eight tables of teams all in one room and then they like dump all the pieces out at once.
Speaker 4: Whichever team saws it first wins.
Speaker 2: Okay, could I be the one person in the room that just sticks one piece in your pocket?
Speaker 1: Just be worth it?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 5: Who turns on each other?
Speaker 4: Did I describe that right? Is that what you were talking about?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 23: For sure.
Speaker 21: I mean, like we were just messaging back and forth on a dating act and I was like it was weird, and she told me all about it. Like three to four people get together and like DJ plays. It's like a bingle hall, you know.
Speaker 23: That's and like and it's like a thing.
Speaker 21: Yeah, they throw it all down. Everybody is on the clock and you got to put it together, and you like pay money to like do this.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so there's like a pot that you can win at the end.
Speaker 1: Is that how it works?
Speaker 21: And then you split it with your team?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh dang, so you probably were. I was going to say.
Speaker 2: At first, I thought this would be like an easy like activity to be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, we should do it together, But no, this is.
Speaker 4: Too competitive, not the most romantic experience.
Speaker 9: She probably wouldn't let you do it right, right, So what what did you do for a day?
Speaker 4: Did you end up going out with her?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean we just totally clicked. We just decided to do like a coffee date, you know, quick little thirty minute thing. What we were planning on doing.
Speaker 13: Start a time.
Speaker 3: Her question, how was it?
Speaker 21: I thought it was fine.
Speaker 7: It was it was all right.
Speaker 21: I mean, like we meant we met.
Speaker 3: We should get her name too, because oh yeah, that's an important piece of this puzzle.
Speaker 21: Her name is Aaron.
Speaker 13: Aaron.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was interesting how you just said.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fine.
Speaker 21: It was all right, like down, it started off well, but it it got weird. Like so we met up in lying like asked what she wanted, and like I did the coffee order, and like she sat down and and I mean, like I sat down for a little bit.
Speaker 3: My name was called.
Speaker 21: So I went up to go get our coffees. And as I was like walking back to the table, I realized that on the coffee cup there was a different one named Devin and a phone number.
Speaker 2: Wait what, I'm confused, do you grab somebody else's coffee.
Speaker 21: That's what I was thinking, And so like I went, I went back to the coffee counter and I said, hey, like, yeah, I think I got the wrong coffee. It's a it's a different name. And so the guy that was there said, Nope, that's the right one.
Speaker 2: Oh he was trying to give his number to her.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I don't know, Like I didn't ask that. So I went back to the table and I sat down, and I was like, is somebody trying to ask you out? And in my head, I was like trying to process it because I didn't. I didn't want to do nothing about it.
Speaker 2: You know, that's weird you would do that on like some you're obviously on a date. You can tell when there's two people at a coffee shop who.
Speaker 4: Were on a first how can you tell?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just like the awkwardness.
Speaker 3: You're looking for the awkward people because they don't get along.
Speaker 5: They hear their small talk, like, so how is your day?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 3: So you you were giving off first date vibes with darn in line, and I guess another guy saw that and thought he could swoop in.
Speaker 21: So like I went back to the counter and I was like so Who's I said it, like really loudly, and I'm like, who's Devin, Like I'm on a date. Who did this?
Speaker 3: So hold on? Oh wait, you fronted the boys in front of Aaron, in front of the whole like coffee establishment.
Speaker 21: It got weird, and I admit, like, it got awkward, and so she ended up coming out and over and she was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Calm down?
Speaker 21: And I like went back to the table, Like nobody answered me.
Speaker 1: Devin never came forward.
Speaker 21: Devin never came forward.
Speaker 4: Devin was scared, and so like, yeah.
Speaker 23: It got awkward.
Speaker 21: After that, I went back to the table. We hung out for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Twenty more. Wait that was only ten minutes into the date. That happened. Holy heck.
Speaker 21: Yeah, So look she's great. I made it awkward. I want to redo. We never even talked about puzzles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just do.
Speaker 2: It would just send up so many red flags that you're like a crazy jealous type, even though it's an inappropriate move for Devin to make whoever the hell Devon.
Speaker 3: Is or could have been seen as like a chivalrous move standing up for your date.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, I mean, but it's not your place yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely how we should spin it.
Speaker 3: When we call Aaron there, you can say he was standing up for you and standing up for the date.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should just spin it as like he's embarrassed he wants to redo.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's kind of what I was hoping. I just want to apologize, and I just want to be like, can we just try it again?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you haven't apologized yet.
Speaker 21: No, no, no, no, like I have, but she hasn't texted back.
Speaker 3: Alexis, if you were on that date, would you give him another chance?
Speaker 5: I mean, for the case of this segment, Yeah, to.
Speaker 13: Stop another guy from hitting.
Speaker 17: On me, because I hope I'm gonna get a hit on a lot more times in public.
Speaker 5: So like, I don't want that happened every time.
Speaker 4: Well, I was hoping for a stronger answer from your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, I said for the segment.
Speaker 3: We'll hope for a yap, probably when we call Aaron and try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: All right, thanks?
Speaker 4: All right, man, hold on second date update.
Speaker 3: Nothing worse than getting hit with some fdsa first date swoop action where somebody else tries to hit on your date while you're currently with that. But that's what happened to one of our listeners, Corey, who took a woman named Aaron out to coffee and while they were there, one of the baristas wrote their phone number onto Aaron's cup, and then Corey had to deliver it to her, so insult to injury right there, and in processing what to do, Corey thought the best move was to just go up and con front the barista in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so loudly and so awkwardly.
Speaker 3: Now he's not going to call back, which maybe means that wasn't the best movie. But the good news is, just like the coffees that Alexis used to serve at her bearista job, you can always ask for a redo, okay, and that's what we're doing today.
Speaker 5: No, if something was wrong, that wasn't my fault in them.
Speaker 3: Never's fault that happened on his date.
Speaker 1: It was the confrontation that turned everything that.
Speaker 4: I think Corey can be forgiven for being put into a rough spot.
Speaker 5: Oh I don't.
Speaker 1: I think he knows he did bad.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I definitely overacted, but we're just speculating, so we're gonna find out once and for all when we call Aaron how she felt about it, because maybe she felt like it was a very heroic move.
Speaker 13: I feel like it's a big mysteryestion.
Speaker 2: I think he's just trying to defend aman I am. You know, he's always trying to defend our listeners to do.
Speaker 3: This job sometimes over here, trying to be the hero, the white Knight of the listeners on the flat.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you, Jeff, I appreciate you, Corey. Aaron to appreciate you too, So let's call her and force her.
Speaker 3: To appreciate your.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're looking for Aaron.
Speaker 23: This is Shearon.
Speaker 3: You made a big mistake.
Speaker 1: Not start like that, hieron a little mift. You made the right choice, is what she did. Ye, but maybe we can.
Speaker 4: Yeah. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: In the Morning.
Speaker 13: We're a whole show a show.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. This this is a segment that we do on our show. That's all the second date update, where we try to help our listeners meet up with somebody that they went out with recently for a second time.
Speaker 7: And because I went on a date.
Speaker 1: And the guy was really interested in you.
Speaker 4: His name is Corey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Okay, yeah, she's not gonna forget. I wasn't loving your reaction to the name Corey there.
Speaker 3: But though we're just trying to help Corey figure out if something maybe went wrong on the date, or.
Speaker 7: You want me to let you know, yes it happened or whatever.
Speaker 4: Well here, let me just tell you.
Speaker 3: Corey says he feels like he may have overreacted slightly to the situation.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we should put slightly in there. It sounds like he feels like it.
Speaker 3: Was a mild, very light jump to conclusions of.
Speaker 8: What happened, mild confrontation at the perista, leaving a phone number on your cup.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's not exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Well, we only have Corey side of the story, so maybe he missed something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I mean it's kind of it's kind of like embarrassed. So still like I'm so I'm a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 7: To react to So you all you all go on dates, and you know, you tell your friends where you're going.
Speaker 1: And right, okay, you're like safety net.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I have a friend that is a barista at the coffee shop that I chose for us to go to and so often I'll be like, if I drop my spoon on the ground, this person is crazy and I need you to come over and you know what I mean, like buying but she's keeping an eye out for me or whatever.
Speaker 1: One what does it have to do with the number and the name on the cut store?
Speaker 7: So listen, So I do this thing. My hobby is beed puzzling.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he told us about that. He was excited about that. He thought that was cool.
Speaker 7: Oh and so I have a team of four or I had a team of four, but our fourth member recently moved and it's Devin's number. Who is a person that my friend wanted me to text to be like, hey, I hear you're a puzzler. He put the number on my cup and then they outlined it in the shape of a puzzle piece.
Speaker 3: Oh he told us about that, but he didn't mention anything about the puzzle piece.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was more focused on the number than actually looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, why wouldn't your friend just text.
Speaker 7: You who was the busiest day at the coffee shop? Like the line was really long, and so I think she saw me and was like, oh, yeah, I gotta tell about Devin.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why didn't you explain this to him when he was yelling.
Speaker 7: This was before I even got the cup, and then I see him yelling at the people and then he comes back.
Speaker 3: So you didn't really know that that's what the confrontation was about until he brought the cup.
Speaker 7: He brought the cup and I saw the number and the name, and I was like, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: And nobody knew who Devin was because Devin wasn't There is not a barista.
Speaker 1: I thought Devon was just a scaredy cat hiding in the back.
Speaker 3: If you want to talk about a scaredy cat who's hiding right now, that would be Corey hiding.
Speaker 4: On the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 1: And this's got to be embarrassing.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 21: Yeah, no, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, sorry, Aaron, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 21: Yeah wait, wait, so so let me just clarify Devin. Devin is a gal that's supposed to be on your team. And like, there was no Devon back you had a friend who was.
Speaker 23: A barista back there.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Wait, what who's this Corey on the other line? He's been listening to this conversation quietly coming.
Speaker 2: In a little high Yeah, yeah, Corey.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Hi. Yeah, it's just like like nobody told me that.
Speaker 21: I would rather have heard that than just like nothing, you know, like please tell me the truth, Like I want to know what is going on here so that I can like judge it appropriately.
Speaker 7: Like I was just living in a fall we had just met. I didn't know if, like you would also get mad that my friend was there, you know what I mean, Like, how wouldn't get mad at sad? I thought you would get mad because you already yelled at the baristas.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 21: It's kind of a solid read on there, dude, I don't even know, man, I like it just it just blows my mind that your choice was to not explain.
Speaker 1: I thought you wanted to apologize for this.
Speaker 4: That was an apology if you really look hard at it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, like I'm apologizing for reacting off of something that like I didn't.
Speaker 4: I did react big.
Speaker 21: I did react big. I'll fully admit that. I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 3: But like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think you need about it.
Speaker 3: I think you just leave it where you had it.
Speaker 10: Sound it good, I'll leave it.
Speaker 3: I'll leave it at that, Okay, there you go. He's so deeply sorry for how he reacted and wishes that he could take it all back, And we would love to offer you the chance to take it all back by sending you on another date that we would pay for.
Speaker 13: We all know he was going to say, it's your friend's fault for anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Aaron, that's that's our offer to you. We'll offered to send you and Corey out one more time on our dime. You know, let's put the pieces of this puzzle back together.
Speaker 13: Heay, we never even got to the puzzle.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess it's I guess it's up to him, because it sounds like he's pretty mad at me for doing the girl thing of having a backup.
Speaker 21: I'm mad that you didn't tell me that you didn't, like, you didn't feel okay to share.
Speaker 15: Okay, you know, yeah I didn't, because like we'd known each other for ten minutes and I saw your reaction to the barista, and so I was afraid that you make it out on me too, So I just protect myself by not bringing it up.
Speaker 1: Man, is this one giant red flag?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's a girl thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know this is good. We get all of the therapy out now. Oh, and then the relationship is smooth sailing the rest of the way.
Speaker 8: I have told myself many times.
Speaker 3: Hard part is the first date, Yes, parts exactly.
Speaker 4: So there you go erin will send you out?
Speaker 7: Oh my yeah. I mean honestly, our first day was really only like thirty minutes maybe, so I guess I'd be open to going out on a longer date.
Speaker 3: Corey. She's being very forgiving here because she realizes that you didn't know the full scope of what really was going on with the phone number on her cup. She sees that can you be forgiving of Aaron and try this thing again with less confusion and yelling next time?
Speaker 23: Let's give another shot.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations YouTube, We're going to meet up one more time.
Speaker 8: Why do I have a feeling we're not going to hear an update update that Brook come.
Speaker 12: On there brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: At the end of that call, Brook mentioned something that we do on our show called second date update update, where we check back in with a couple months later after they've agreed to go out again to find out how the relationship's going. Brooke said she doesn't think we'll get one from Corey and Aaron. And my question, Brooke is why wouldn't we really why wouldn't.
Speaker 12: We want that?
Speaker 2: Because it just sounds like they're just not the radio gold is what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: I want to hear if he's yelling at a Barisa on their first.
Speaker 3: Outing, don't imagine what would happen on their second date, A bad short temper.
Speaker 10: On the air.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, as a person instead of a producer, our.
Speaker 3: Ratings, need them back for an update update.
Speaker 4: I would absolutely tune in to hear that.
Speaker 23: Well.
Speaker 1: I would too, thought that I wouldn't listen.
Speaker 3: I would totally totally email us not I mean when not going to help much with your mental health or your actual relationship. Probably it really no, we promise we'll give it our best shot to help you in your love life. Email the show. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back, and by the way, for your own mental health, go check out our podcast.
Speaker 4: You can listen to.
Speaker 3: All our second date updates wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Okay, I do not want to do this, but as per management's request. Let's get it over with. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, with the top five signs you bought a bad Christmas tree this year. That Christmas tree number five, that lumpy brown thing that just fell from it.
Speaker 4: Is not a pine cone.
Speaker 1: And could you eat it?
Speaker 4: Definitely don't eat that.
Speaker 3: Next number four, it won't fit in your car or in your house, which, sadly for you, is the same thing on the Christmas See this is management, Brooke, don't blame me for this. Management wants us to do this list.
Speaker 18: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was appropriate.
Speaker 3: Number three of the top signs you bought a bad Christmas tree, the rest of the Peanuts gang finally leaves Charlie Brown alone and mocks you for buying yours.
Speaker 8: I don't even know if I fully get that joke and a lot, but some grandma out there is cracking up.
Speaker 4: That's for you, Grandma.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 1: I hate when consultant show number two.
Speaker 3: The smell of your tree reminds you of that time you were out in the forest when you accidentally stumbled on that decomposing body a Christmas tree. And the number one sign you bought a bad Christmas tree this year. It's covered in bugs, and not the cute kind like you find in your Panda Express press joke.
Speaker 6: But we went there. I was ready for the season. I know, I am LA Stories.
Speaker 4: Is coming up.
Speaker 6: That was management they wanted us.
Speaker 7: To do that.
Speaker 1: Feel like I just got punched in the face.
Speaker 6: You're doing Laser Stories right after this.
Speaker 1: But I do want orange Chicken.
Speaker 3: It's the radio segment whose online toy store is booming.
Speaker 4: Run now.
Speaker 3: If your kids can't get tickle Me Elmo, he says, the knockoff Tickle Me Elbow.
Speaker 4: Is even better.
Speaker 1: Giant. Is it fuzzy?
Speaker 3: It's a child size stuffed arm that twitches when you touch its funny bone. Okay, don't.
Speaker 4: It's cute if you don't think about it.
Speaker 3: I don't want It's Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those are the silly strokers. Just don't This first laser story is out of Oklahoma. A man named Jose Silverio wanted a beer early Sunday morning.
Speaker 4: But he didn't want to pay for it.
Speaker 13: I like this guy already, and.
Speaker 3: So he went over to a convenience store which was closed at the time, and used a pipe to smash a window and then break the doors of the two locked up coolers.
Speaker 1: Lazy like the rest of us on a Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: You know, he's after it.
Speaker 4: Gotta appreciate him for that smashed up.
Speaker 3: Security cameras caught Jose taking just one beer.
Speaker 1: A single beer, and then all.
Speaker 4: Left and drove off in his Landrofer.
Speaker 1: What in the world like a four or.
Speaker 3: Something, that's why you need to serve alcohol every day of the week or stuff like this happens.
Speaker 1: He's like, I only stole a beer.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 24: Well.
Speaker 3: A few hours later, nine one one calls came in that the same Jose who had tore up the convenience store crashed his land rover through the front of a grocery store.
Speaker 13: Okay, I mean more drunk.
Speaker 2: Not to say anything, but is he also a light only one deer?
Speaker 3: Actually hold that thought because it's unclear if the accident was intentional or if he was drunk, Because either way, he realized he was done. And I say that because as he chatted with a few of the witnesses, he cracked open his one stolen solo beer while the police were on their way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I didn't drink it yet.
Speaker 3: So when they got there, they arrested him for felony, vandalism, and larceny, along with other pending charges.
Speaker 8: He's so chill about it all, Just chilling on the hood of his crash vehicle.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, when you know it's over, just enjoy the ride with all that.
Speaker 1: Can't have anxiety, even if they should.
Speaker 3: His next Lazer story is out of Vegas. A man named Simon Kavanaugh was visiting Sin City on a golf trip. He had twenty minutes to kill before his airport shuttle arrived, and so he just sat down at one of the various slot machines at the Aria Hotel and with his last five bucks.
Speaker 4: He pulled the lever.
Speaker 3: Oh what happened next will go down in gambling history.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 4: You see?
Speaker 23: What?
Speaker 3: The game that he was playing was the Megabucks slot machine with the progressive jackpot, and he won it all.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: Simon looked about the screen. The amount just kept going up and up and up, first hit one million, and two through until finally the machine let him know he just won ten point one million.
Speaker 17: Dollars you could win on a slot machine only progressive, if progressive means they're all attached to the city, to each other.
Speaker 1: Yesh, you still got paid in quarters?
Speaker 13: No amazing.
Speaker 1: He dies under the weight of ten The whole terminals.
Speaker 13: Fill with quarners.
Speaker 4: I'd like to check this bag.
Speaker 3: Please, not too bad though, for a five dollars bet while you're waiting for the shuttle to the airport.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, you stay in Vegas.
Speaker 3: At that point, I would just say you cut your this is there it all, of course put all on black. The odds of winning that big are incredibly slammed. They've only been a handful of people who've become multi millionaires on the Megabuck slot machine since they were first installed back in two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: Wow, multiple people is still more than I expected, you know what I mean?
Speaker 13: It seems like one in a trillion.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for them.
Speaker 3: This next laser story is out of Speaking of mega millionaires, guess who just signed a.
Speaker 4: One hundred million dollar deal.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to our own brook five amazing.
Speaker 1: You know they've always said radios where the money's at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, actually, no It's not a world renowned sports star or a celebrity on the silver screen.
Speaker 4: Or on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's a YouTuber.
Speaker 3: It's none other than Food Network guru Guy Fieri.
Speaker 1: It's got one hundred million dollar deal.
Speaker 3: You just into a new three year deal, which sources say is into the nine large figures, which means he is the cable channel's highest paid talent.
Speaker 13: So the Food Network's paying him for a contract.
Speaker 1: Is the Food Network have that much money?
Speaker 13: Probably just from me watching it all night.
Speaker 3: That beats his most recent multi year deal, which he signed back in twenty twenty one for a cool eighty.
Speaker 13: Mil Okay, that was the warm up contract.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Under this new agreement, which will take Fierre to the twenty year mark with the Food Network, the mayor of Flavor Town will continue to produce more of his diner's drive ins and dives, as well as more episodes of Guys, Grocery Games and Tournament of Chance.
Speaker 5: When I get my nails done, he's on the screen and I can't.
Speaker 1: I have to watch him.
Speaker 5: That's how he gets something.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't change the screen.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I can't get that much money. He could get a better fashion person.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know that anyway, whatever it is good for that guy today.
Speaker 4: That guy.
Speaker 13: Joke town.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see myself out joketown.
Speaker 3: This next laser stories out of relationship World. Would you be more likely to spy on your significant other if you lived in a busy metropolis or wherever the TV show Ice Road Truckers was set.
Speaker 1: Probably, I'll tell you right now, Ice Road Truckers.
Speaker 5: Pick one.
Speaker 1: I have lived in small towns. I grew up in a small town. There is nothing to do.
Speaker 4: I have the answer.
Speaker 3: A survey of five thousand people found that about half of adults have had a partner who was unfaithful, and about thirteen percent of them found out by spying on them.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The most popular spying techniques include tracking their phone, monitoring their social media accounts, checking credit card bills, going through their pockets, and physically following them.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, much easier to do in.
Speaker 1: A small towns.
Speaker 4: Only two roads where you're going to go.
Speaker 13: If you're in the ice Road, that would suck in the start, I d.
Speaker 12: Eyes.
Speaker 4: Did we miss any techniques that we should know about?
Speaker 1: Brook waiting in bushes? Is that not a part of it? Is that physical that's following them.
Speaker 3: The states where people are most likely despy on their partner are some of the least populated ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told you.
Speaker 3: Alaska is the most paranoid, with fifty five percent of people saying they've snooped on their significant other before.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: When you grow up in a small town, it's hard not to snoop because people just.
Speaker 1: Tell you stuff. Yeah, like, it's not even like you have to work for it.
Speaker 13: You just know everyone you.
Speaker 1: Like, so and so saw you at the grocery store with you know.
Speaker 3: But also, you don't want to lose your significant other because the choices are so limited. Yeah, it's like if I lose on him, there's nobody. Vermont is second, followed by Rhode Island, South Dakota, Hawaii, Indiana, Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois, and then rounding out the top ten, Colorado.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 13: I don't even see like a pattern there.
Speaker 1: I don't there.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just a lot of less populated for the most part. But speaking of spying, this guy doesn't mind you watching because his.
Speaker 4: Motto was the more the merriers, and he is.
Speaker 3: Not talking about Christmas, my friends. That's so I mean the laser stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Friday.
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: We've got Becky the middle school teacher on the phone today, Brooks.
Speaker 1: She's tough. She's a middle school teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she has zero to two against.
Speaker 3: You all time.
Speaker 1: I didn't say smart. I'm sorry that was too hard.
Speaker 3: That the holidays are particularly nuts for Becky because she has six kids.
Speaker 1: Of your own.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, just imagine how many Amazon packages are going to be coming to her front door over the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: How many total? Like more or less than fifty more?
Speaker 1: More?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, imagine do you ever think back, like what did our mothers do before everything could be delivered?
Speaker 23: I don't know how they survived.
Speaker 2: Seriously, my mom told me once that she was at the mall Christmas Eve because she didn't have any money until Christmas Eve to get anything.
Speaker 13: And remember the mall was open, because.
Speaker 3: I would have just chose like your favorite kid and like they're the one that gets the presence this year. Sorry, thankfully that could. Yeah, let's just send Brook out of the studio to do some of her own Christmas shopping because she's also late to the game. But we're gonna go over the rules of this real fast. It's thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. Becky, if you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 9: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Good luck?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now on this day in two thousand and four. What giant silver screen monster got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Texas? Holding poker? What's the term for the first three community cards? Dealt the river?
Speaker 4: What is the official language of Cuba?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 19: Spanish?
Speaker 3: Tied with Monday and Sunday. What's the shortest of all the names of the week?
Speaker 23: Oh Friday?
Speaker 4: What famous highway runs from Chicago to Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: Ninety Let's bring Brook back into the studio here, and I know that Christmas at your house must be hectic. What's your game plan as far as opening presence go? Do you do it Christmas morning? The night before?
Speaker 7: We do it all Christmas Day? And we do it all day Christmas Day?
Speaker 15: Ye?
Speaker 23: Crazy?
Speaker 3: So what's the general emotion on Christmas? Is it mostly laughter? Tears, punches, screams? What's the main emotion on the year. It depends on the depends on how good the gifts are.
Speaker 4: Brookie, your turn? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Your time starts now.
Speaker 3: On this day. In two thousand and four, giant silver screen Monster got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame pass in Texas. Hold'm Poker? What is the term for the first three community cards?
Speaker 4: Dealt the pot? What is the official language of Cuba?
Speaker 1: Cuba is Spanish?
Speaker 3: Tied with Monday and Sunday.
Speaker 4: What is the shortest of all the names of the week?
Speaker 1: Friday?
Speaker 3: What famous highway runs from Chicago to Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: I Interstate five?
Speaker 13: Five.
Speaker 3: That's a very okay, interesting choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't go the same direction.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll get to that.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't keep guessing.
Speaker 6: We'll get to me six.
Speaker 3: You don't have to keep guessing. I said, we'll get to that first. Let's go to the scoreboard with Jose.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 13: You've got three correct today.
Speaker 2: I think you did it, Becky, and I am not feeling confident in that.
Speaker 13: You didn't get the same amount of questions.
Speaker 2: And yeah, only six.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a happy Christmas this year at Becky's house because she just won a bunch of money to buy presents with.
Speaker 1: Were we just afforded one kid a present?
Speaker 20: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Let's go over the answers on this day.
Speaker 3: In two thousand and four, Godzilla got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Speaker 1: I could not think of the name for the life of me.
Speaker 3: In Texas holding poker, the term for the first three community cards dell is the flop.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's funny close.
Speaker 3: The efficient language of Cuba is Spanish, tied with Monday and Sunday. Friday also has one of the shortest names of the week, and the famous highway that runs from Chicago to Los Angeles is Root sixty six.
Speaker 1: Get your kicks Root sixty We have a song. Yeah, it goes through Oklahoma City, my mom's hometown.
Speaker 4: Adding insult to injury there.
Speaker 1: Everybody has that song.
Speaker 3: So Becky, congratulations, you beat Brook. You get one hundred dollars plus just for playing. You're gonna win a pair of tickets to the Seattle Christmas Market. Wander the winding alleys of Seattle's newest and largest outdoor holiday market, hop on the Christmas Carousel, delight in live music and festive light displays, and find the perfect artisan gift. For more info, visit Seattle Christmas market dot com.
Speaker 19: Thank you, I'll take my favorite kids.
Speaker 13: Becky.
Speaker 2: You have six kids, so I'm sure you ask them what they want. But do they ever ask you what you want for Christmas?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 23: School always sends home some crappy piece of art.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Becky, thank you for playing.
Speaker 4: Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Speaker 7: You to you guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do win Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: And it's brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And I love this time of year.
Speaker 6: Hoday, it's the holiday season.
Speaker 14: And to kick it off, we're gonna countdown be best loser line voicemails of the year.
Speaker 2: Yay, oh my god, the weirdest, the most hilarious, the top test.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you're gonna get them all. You have to hear them tomorrow on the show.