Speaker 1: All right, it is time to check Steve's voicemail. Call eight seven seven twenty nine Steve to leave a message for Steve. Now you might just hear your call on the air, Steve, you recently said that if you have a problem with your mother, you need to try and fix it. Okay, I think that was yesterday or day before on the air. Well, this caller has a question about what to do with a complicated mother daughter relationship. Take a listen.
Speaker 2: Good morning. So this is a comment on what you said about being upset with your mom or your dad this morning, and you got to have a real problem. But what if your parents are the problem? My mom is a narcissist. He's sarcissistic, and she uses any and everything against me, even my son, to make it seem like she's done nothing wrong, like I'm the bad guy because of the life that I live, that I chose to live like she's applies with it. Everyone at around is always put before me, and I'm always doing something wrong. So how am I to hear that time? I not to have a feeling against my mom. If she does those types of things, it says really really thinks to me. So I'm just gonna sit there and take it. I don't understand that I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Here's a deal, sister. First of all, I don't know the particulars. I don't know the route that you chose to go that makes you be pointed out as the bad guy. I don't know the particulars. I know that little baby's voice you got. I know you really need to go back there and fix it with your mom and daddy. Can't sound like you nine and don't sound like you're on your own. But that aside from itself, let's get serious about this.
Speaker 4: For a moment. Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, people, I've heard Bishop Jake say this a million times. Forgiveness is not for the other person. Forgiveness is actually for you. Because you said in your statement, I can't do that. How am I supposed to forget? I can't do that? Well, you not forgiving a person, It's like you drinking the poison, waiting on them to die. So now you got to have a reaction to your mother. Look, everybody don't get great parents, you know, ma'am. I watched my father make a few mistakes in his life, but I still loved and honored him. He was my father, and it kept us in a relationship that was a beautiful relationship with this mad because, as Shirley just said, these people are humans.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: You don't get to you don't get to stop being human. You don't get to not make mistakes. So it's really up to you. Now, if you feel that horrible about it, you're gonna just another thing. My daddy said to me, He said, son, two things can happen in life. You can get over it or you can die mad.
Speaker 4: Now you can pick one in what you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he said, son, just go and get over And I know you say, well I can't. Well, if you say you can't, then you can't, Steve Harvey, and nobody else can help you. You can go to a therapist. If you saying you can't, forgive her and let it go. There's nothing nobody can do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's not even trying, she's not going to try.
Speaker 3: I would just look write it off, Mom, she making a mistake. That's her, you know, that's it all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, Thank you, Steve. We'll have more calls at eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve, You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time once again to check Steve's voicemail. These calls, we're going to continue them. Eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve and Steve, we have a lot of messages about yesterday's Strawberry letter. Remember it was called too Good to be True. It was about a woman who was dating a man for about a month and he took her to his high school reunion. At the reunion, he ate some bad tuna. She warned him about this tuna, telling him it didn't smell right, but he didn't listen ate it anyway. He got sick and while at home, he asked her to stay with him. She said no and suggested that he go to the er, and she left. The next day she called to check on him. He told her basically he didn't want to see her again. This is from Sophia in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: See this is Sophia from New Orleans.
Speaker 5: I'm riding to work and I'm listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I just heard part one of the Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 5: Too Good to be True, and I'm with you one hundred percent, Steve. Because young lady does not know how to take care of a man.
Speaker 2: She should have stayed with him, She should have taken him to the hospital.
Speaker 5: She blew it, and she doesn't deserve the good man that she claimed to have had the opportunity to share one month with. She killed it.
Speaker 2: You guys, keep doing what you're doing and have a blessed day.
Speaker 3: You know, I agree with you say, because you know what, man, it don't hurt to care about a person. He was sick as hell and trying to sleep with the girl. He said, just would you stay with me? She said no, If you that's it, go to the er. Okay, Cool, here this man trying to find somebody to ride with.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just a simple test. You could have said.
Speaker 3: She could have said, hey, listen, I will stay with you, but I'm gonna stay here on the sofa, and if I hear you need anything, I'm here for you.
Speaker 4: Matter. I would have made the dude feel one hundred percent better.
Speaker 3: But oh no, uh uh. If you that's sick, go to the er. I'm bouncing deuces. Okay, cool, Okay, clearly you ain't what he needs. He just worked, Okay, and that's just a sickness. And let's suppose I tell this crazy helper out and ran out of money. Bruh, bru If you ain't there, if you you, that's why I tell people about relationships. Man, your relationship got to be tested. Go ahead, sus.
Speaker 1: We have another one from Houston. Her name is Marie.
Speaker 4: Let's see what she says.
Speaker 5: Hey, Steve and the crew, this is Marie from Houston, Texas. I'm calling about the strawberry letter the guys did Tuesday. He turned out he was too good to be true. Shirley's like, you know, well, you too, let it go. And then Steve just went in on this woman because she wouldn't stay with the man. Baby who wasn't you know, thoughtful enough, wasn't smart enough to listen to She told him the tuna fish was bad. He didn't listen. He scarved down, and heled a bunch of them anyway, which is why he wound up being in the bathroom for a long damn time. And then he's mad because she wouldn't stay overnight with him and baby, and Steve's all on the woman talking about that's why you that's probably why you ain't got nobody now. Well, first of all, she had him, and secondly, he was singled who thirty eight years old, no kids, never married, So that's a bad thing for her to like still be single at that point, But not for him as some double standard, Steve, he didn't have no damn body either before he started dating her the month before, and I kind of I'm tied with the woman. She didn't feel like staying there. And then days that damn long you're talking about get some super she didn't feel like it. And if he's out because of that, oh well, he sounds like a big old man.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 5: If he just listened to her about the dad tuna fish began with his ass, wouldn't have gotten food poisoning, Sonny, Steve, you look too hard on her. Damn him, you know if his ass thirty eight, never been married and stuff, he and it sounded like too big of a prize his damn self. Bye, guys.
Speaker 3: And lady, I one hundred percent. I one hundred percent agree with you too.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: I don't really baby, Yeah, you said what you said. That's fine, that's how you want to view it. That's how you can view it. But now ain't nobody got nobody now, damn. And you know, dudes don't listen, good dad, he should have listened, but he didn't, now you know, But then you know she's sitting up here. She's gonna walk away from good ass man over that. Right, y'all, keep doing it like this, you ain't gonna have nobody. All right, off the blocks for Dayton, We'll here.
Speaker 1: And Today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening Hard Morning Show