Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all at all, given black amicus busy listening to me to show up to.
Speaker 3: I don't Joy, Yeah, Joy.
Speaker 4: You know you.
Speaker 5: Love you?
Speaker 3: Where you're gonna turn? I can't.
Speaker 2: You have to turn the mouth turn You probably got to turn the mouth turn out, turn the water.
Speaker 1: The money up, come.
Speaker 5: Come out?
Speaker 6: You think.
Speaker 4: I so will?
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, come on, dig me now?
Speaker 7: Want it only Steve Harvey Man oh Man got a radio show, got a good one for you today.
Speaker 6: And it just happened to me.
Speaker 7: You know, I was going through something that I've been going through for a long long time and just weary of it all. And I was I've been talking to God about it, and I mean for years.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 7: What happened was I had to go through some more of it yesterday again a situation. But you know what, after it was over, you know, I kind of laid in it for a little while. You know how you've been going through something for so long and then even if it's over or appears to be over, you still kind of lay in it a little bit. And you know, you have a while. Man, I can't believe I've been dealing with this this long, even though even though it's over. I don't know how you do it, but this was so good for me. Have you ever counted, Steve Harvey, how many times you made it? And so that's what I started doing yesterday, And that's what I did this morning. When I woke up. I was actually taking an inventory account of how many times I made it. How many times, man, I didn't have the rent and somehow I came up with it. How many times I didn't have my house payment and somehow I came up with it. How many times I was out of money, did not have enough, didn't see no way, but somehow I came up with it. How many times I got sick, thought, well, man, this one right here. I don't know what I'm gonna do, but somehow I got my health back. How many situations I have found myself in? That was I thought at the time, detrimental and diabolical and man so sinister at times.
Speaker 6: Somehow I made it. I look at all the accidents I've been in, but he kept me. I made it.
Speaker 7: I think about even the simplest times of like stepping off a curve and almost got hit, but I made it. I was just tripping the other day. I was thinking about the times that I've been hit by a car and it could have been worse, but it wouldn't, And I made it through that too. I was thinking about, Man, when they count you out? Do you know how many times I've been counted out? He's done?
Speaker 6: He ain't gonna be nothing, he ain't nobody See who I told y'all look at over that they counsel this. He offered that he out of here. He ain't gonna make it. He didne got fired. Man, You know how many times I've been counted out? You know how many times they done wrote me off? How many times have you been written off? Man?
Speaker 7: But here you still stand? Yeah, you're a tripped on it. Take an inventory, y'all of how many times? Count the times you've made it? What about the times man, when nobody was there to encourage you, but you still here though you have tripped on that? Ain't nobody you and told you good day? Nobody called you and told you recently thank you. No one's called you and told you how much you meant to them, how much you've done for them or man, that you can make it. Never give up, Keep your head up, man, keep grinding. But you still here even when nobody. Have you counted the times man, that you made it anyway? Have you counted the times that you felt like quitting, you felt like giving up.
Speaker 6: You kept going. How about the time this is a good one right here?
Speaker 7: How about the times man, when everybody's standing around saying, ain't no way, ain't no way.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: I can't tell how many times I've heard this, ain't no way, and then somehow there is a way. You know why, because he make a way.
Speaker 6: You understand.
Speaker 7: You know how many times I've heard this one right here, Steve, listen to me, man, nobody ever before has done that.
Speaker 6: You can't do that. How many times you done?
Speaker 5: Heart?
Speaker 6: No, you or you know anybody that done that? You can't do that. No one has ever done that. I made it anyway? You know, they don't normally or we don't normally allowed this, but in this case, for you, we gonna make an exception. How many times have you heard that, Oh, I think I'm onto something. How many times have you heard in your lifetime? We don't normally or they don't normally allowed this, but we gonna make this exception in your case. How many times you done heard that? Have you ever counted the times that you made it? Everybody out except me? How can that be?
Speaker 7: You know you're the only one that got through this? Congratulations? Wow, man, I don't hardly see this too many times. But do you realize that normally this is what happened to people? But man, y'all, I don't know how your name came up, but here you are. Wow, it never happens like that. You ever counted those times I was doing it yesterday? I was doing it this morning. I was just taking an inventory everybody of how many times I've made it. So what I learned yesterday was when God gets you through something, when he pulled you out on the other side, no matter how difficult or how long it took. When he gets you out on the other side, why don't you get up, dust yourself off, and start troting what you laying there for? Man, wallowing in it, going over it, recycling it in your mind. So many people can't move forward because we keep recycling stuff in our mind when clearly it's time to move on, it's time to let go, it's time to go and see what God has for you. Stop looking at what you lost. What you lost was probably not yours to have in the first all, oh, in the first place.
Speaker 6: Do you know the things I've lost?
Speaker 7: Now, I'm not talking about losing a loved one, a mother or father, nothing like that. I'm talking about innate objects or situation. Do you know the things I've lost? Man, I look back on it. I wasn't supposed to have them in the first place, or they was.
Speaker 6: Doing me no good. I wasn't wasn't mine to lose, but I claimed I lost it.
Speaker 7: Come on, man, take an inventory, everybody. Start looking at the things man, that God has brought you through. Start looking at how many times He allowed you to make it. And get glad about waking up in the morning. Man, Get glad about your life. Start feeling something positive about your situation. You cannot expect God to continue to bless you if you're not grateful for the things that you have. Why would God sitting down here looking at you, upset, angry, laying in the wall of what you are not grateful for. You just can't find the scene and find no gratitude in your heart about nothing but you steady asking God for something, So now you think God is crazy? You think he gonna give you some more stuff to not be grateful for. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Why would he do that. He's too full of too much mercy to send you through that over and over and over.
Speaker 7: The more I give my child, the more ungrateful they are, the less gratitude they show. But I'm gonna keep dumping it on them so they can keep feeling ungrateful and then show like a gratitude. God's not gonna do that to you. Come on, man, have you ever counted how many times you made it? I can't count how many times God done got me through something. But when He gets you through it, you ain't get up and get on about your business. Don't lay that in it.
Speaker 6: It's over, it's done, you made it, you survived it. Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 6: Show, ladies and gentlemen. It's time again. I ain't miss it.
Speaker 7: This morning, I told him thank you as soon as I got up. Man caught myself this morning early told him how much I appreciate it. My measure of health, opportunities, my chances, everything. He's allowed me to overcome everything He's pulling me through everything that might come my way, that he'll strengthen me. For man, I did it do the same, y'all. Today is a gift from God. That's why they call it the present. Yeah, so let's get with it. Steve Harvey Morning Show, Shirley Strawberry call it for real, Mississippi moniccause Junior's out today.
Speaker 6: The legend that is.
Speaker 7: Nephew, Tommy, Well, it pains me and Junior's out today. Yeah, and I have to go to a certified food and ask him what's on his mind? That's always always, you know, I've known.
Speaker 6: Him so long, Tommy, what was What's what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 8: Let me just let's see. I got a question we at the end of the year, at the end of twenty twenty three. So I guess the question for you is best thing you did this year and the worst thing.
Speaker 6: You did this year? Oh?
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 7: The best thing I did this year is I became more trusting in God's timing. This was the year that really had to teach me that at sixty six, I'm still learning. But this was the year that I that I really began to understand trusting in God's timing because, man, let me tell you something. He put the test on me. Man, he put the test on me this year to see if I got it. And I think I passed the test. So I began more became more trusting in God's timing. And when it don't go my way, I have to understand God's timing is different from ours. That's that's been a real battle for me majority of my life, I'll admit. But this year he said, Okay, I don't know how long it's taking you to get this, boy, but you go get this this year, Colin, I ain't gonna let up with the test. See, because everything you're going through is preparing you for what you ask God for. And what I'm asking God for is gonna require that I trust more in His time and substance.
Speaker 6: That's the best thing. What's the worst thing I've done this year? Yeah, I gave my sale number to the wrong person. Are they blowing you up? Tommy?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: You know I ain't never regretted nothing more than giving this number to this dude.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, man, it has been man, I mean it's it's like unbelievable stuff. Like I mean, every day something. Man, hey man, what you doing?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 9: What you mean?
Speaker 6: What I'm doing? Man?
Speaker 10: Talk?
Speaker 6: What do you mean? Hey man? What you doing? I ain't never thinking?
Speaker 7: And then he and then he's a professional texta so he got them little short w y d boy.
Speaker 6: Look man, I'm grown ass man.
Speaker 5: Who are you?
Speaker 4: Laurie?
Speaker 6: What did you think there was? Text me like Lori doll bring eyeballs. I ain't got figured this house. That's the worst than.
Speaker 11: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour. We'll hear yet again from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hard morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got first?
Speaker 8: And f ad you know lies y'all BA bought me this glove. This right here is the sixth I said. That's what they had used to say that the sticks and shutty, sick and shut in. It is the sick and shutting, the sick and shuddy, all right, the sick and shut in. Everybody had that list right, all right, kept up, let's go stick and shut in.
Speaker 5: So I'm trying to speaking. You got him? How you do that? I'm doing I ain't doing too good. You'd never been over here praying for my wife again? Right right, right, yes, sir, you have came over here three times in one week. My wife had already went through the operation and all that she's gonna be pining. I don't need you over a praying three times a week, because, honestly, I think it's something else on your mind when you come over here praying for my wife. I ain't stupid, brother.
Speaker 12: You kind of hold it, brother, This, buddy, this is well. Your wife was on the sick and shutting list. I rever actually to come back. Reveren ain't questioned that I come by.
Speaker 5: Uh okay, he ain't requested for you to bring your black to my house for no three times in one week, man, So you can cut that down with me. You can cut that out.
Speaker 12: Hold it, brother. I came with sister Georgia the first time. The second time I came by myself because she was able to come by, and I only stayed fifteen minutes the time.
Speaker 5: So what's the problem. Could I already know what you what you're doing. I know you're trying to holler at my wife. I ain't shoo hop at your wife. I had a wife.
Speaker 12: Why would I happen to your wife?
Speaker 5: She's partly already You already know what you already know what you're doing. Man, you up in the other house my wife, Why wind up whind nobody at the house. I already know what you do. Let me tell you something. Keep your black away from my house. If you want to pray for my wife.
Speaker 12: I'm wait, man, Wait minute, wait man, You can't talk to nobody hand.
Speaker 5: That's what you're gonna now.
Speaker 12: Brother, ain't gonna be none of that, and ain't gonna be none of that. You're talking to the wrong brother, and I okay. Now, first of all, you're not gonna disrespect me and curse me out. Okay, that's not even the way brothers should be talking to brothers. Second of all, if there's any laying on the hands, it's gonna be my hands laying on you. Okay.
Speaker 5: Late, I know you're trying to my wife. If I find you out, you know you mess around with my wife, it's gonna.
Speaker 12: Be I'm crazy trying to be crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm just letting you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say it one more time. Keep your black off around my You know, first.
Speaker 12: Of all, I told you once again. You can't be talking to me like that. Now, I'm trying to be cool about the situation because I know you may be just upset. Okay, I can appreciate that. Okay, I have a wife, and I'll be.
Speaker 5: Upset if somebody was coming out there.
Speaker 11: My wife.
Speaker 5: Out with your wife. I do spend my time with my wife.
Speaker 6: I do you know.
Speaker 5: Your house? May if I need to come on your house and let your wife, well, you're welcome to come and come lay something over there on huh God, now trying to do it?
Speaker 12: Hold older one man, older one man. I'll told you before it's being disrespectful. Now, that was a very idiotic statement for you to make.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 13: If I catch your black set my house again, I'm gonna play this man, and then I'm getting on the phone with you, you, your pastor any more of them, because if anybody come by my house again and I ain't there, I'm kicking your black.
Speaker 12: That's a promise, you know, Just that's it. Look here, brother, if that's gonna be any whooping gone on, I'll be kicking yop. I'm gonna lay my hands on you, and I'm gonna give you a good sanctified whooping, and then I'm gonna pray for you. I'm gonna pray to heal you by this foot I'm gonna put up, okay, because I've had it with you, you know. And I only went by to visit your wife because I was asked to go visit your wife. Now that was a problem. You should have called the pastor. Okay, but you're not gonna disrespect me my wife to church on the phone. Now, if you want to do somebody, you can meet me any place.
Speaker 5: Well. As a matter of fact, I.
Speaker 12: Can go anywhere I want in this town. If I be at your house talking to your wife, if the path asks me to go, I'm gonna be there. Okay. You you know, you just you know. It's just a stupid brother. Okay.
Speaker 5: You need to come to.
Speaker 12: You need to come to church more off.
Speaker 5: And that's the problem.
Speaker 12: You don't come to church more off. If you come to church more off, you want to be talking to me like that, You wouldn't be worried about me and your wife because there must be something wrong at your house.
Speaker 5: You be worried about me fooling with your wife.
Speaker 12: Okay, So you need to check her. Okay, how about that?
Speaker 5: Why don't you do that? Why don't you why don't you just check her?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 5: Commy said, you the one that's cheating with my wife. That's that is all I know? Who Tommy, let me say you Tommy the one said Thomas said, you're the one that's cheating around with my wife.
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 12: Who who is Tommy?
Speaker 5: Tommy who? This is a nephew, tom Me? Man, So this is nephew. Tell me from Steve Harvey Morning Show man. Your church member got me the prayt ball, but not.
Speaker 4: Wrong for that?
Speaker 5: You know you're wrong, You're wrong.
Speaker 12: You know y'all a high way to hell, all of y'all. You know none stop no, you know y'all just you know y'all just gone.
Speaker 5: You know, ain't no stop signed you know, I finla go. I'm gonna pray for all of y'all, all.
Speaker 12: Of your brothers and if you tire me, Steve hobby Bus wrong for that, Okay, I'm gonna check him. I'm gonna check out. I'm finna go. I said, I wanta talk to you all no more. I'm paying for I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna say, ain't brother, brother, cause you go man, what's what you gotta tell me? What's the badness? Radio show with the Lamb.
Speaker 12: Man Steve Holly, Morning the Show.
Speaker 8: Any of y'all that have been on the sick and shut in there, that's good, that's good, that's good. That's the list you don't want to be on.
Speaker 6: That's the list. I don't want to be up.
Speaker 7: No, I've been sick before. But that's shut in part of what. It's rough, but shut in part. I can't go nowhere.
Speaker 6: But it's like you're not getting out. That's what it's sounds like. You can't sit on the porch. M Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll be back. I'll be back at the hour. I'll be stupid again. Don't let it one hour. I'll be stupid again. This whole tame.
Speaker 1: Okay, long for the turnaround.
Speaker 6: Don't take long, baby, I got you, I got you covered.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 11: I started thinking about church and the announcements. Tommy, all right, thanking of you? Coming up next, it is asked the clo or You're listening.
Speaker 6: Show coming up.
Speaker 11: At the top of the hour. And entertainment news. Carla has some music news about eighties blue eyed soul pop group Haullen oats.
Speaker 1: I heard about that smile.
Speaker 6: Why don't you stay until tomorrow?
Speaker 11: I read the Franklin Sons awarded real estate thanks to a twenty fourteen will found between couch cushions in her house, and the Lebron James Museum opens up in Akron, Ohio. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo All right, this one's with me, Lilian and sort worth' what. My son's drinks a lot and she called my husband to drive her home. Left wekend because my son was out of town. My husband says she hit on him, but she told me, But she told me that she doesn't remember doing that. I think my son should know this, but my husband won't let me tell him. Why is he protecting her?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, you ain't got to go through all that. It ain't protected her. What you need to do is slap her. See people that don't remember stuff. You need to put your hands on her. Yeah, that's all. You can slap her from her husband and your son. Slap her. Women can slap each other. Y'all can get away with that.
Speaker 6: Slap her.
Speaker 7: I bet she'll remember next time. You ain't that damn drunk er. Yeah, you ain't that damn drunk And that's your daughter in law. Yeah yeah, yes, yeah slap. I promise you you will remember it all next.
Speaker 1: Time, all right.
Speaker 11: Eileen in Orlando says, my female boss wears designer shoes, bags, and jewelry, but she doesn't do it tastefully. She wears several different designers all at once. And I don't think she knows any better. Aren't there fashion rules? I'm wearing designer clothing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it probably is. But see, you ain't got none of that stuff. So what you wear about it? Folk?
Speaker 7: See lean, I know people that want to put on all that stuff at one time. I know people like that and they blended, you know they and and it ain't the way to do it. But you just want everybody to see what you've got.
Speaker 6: It's people everything.
Speaker 7: You know, got that Gucci shoe on with the with the with the green and red band on them with two big g's, and then you got that Lewis bag with the.
Speaker 6: Whole monogram print on it. But your pants is findy. They got them f's all over your pants. You just have come out this No boy, just looking like the mall do too much?
Speaker 3: What you bought it out?
Speaker 6: I'm talking about it. Yeah, well you got that do your blouse over all of your signs on it, Morna Graham on it like that.
Speaker 1: You just Wris you got a star, thank you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got that pot of scaff with all that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, wed girl, all right, uh Monette and Philly Wrights. I'm seeing a married man and his wife thinks we're just friends. I can fight it in my friend that's also having an affair, and she told me that she's friends with my man's wife. So basically, I need to find someone else to mess with. Was that an ultimatum?
Speaker 1: Wow, she's seeing.
Speaker 11: A married man, but the married man's wife thinks that they're just friends. So she can fight it in her girlfriend who's also having an affair. Her girlfriend who's having an affair is friends with the AND's wife that she's singing. So the girlfriend told her she needs to find somebody else to have an affair with her friend's husband.
Speaker 6: In other words, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you got to.
Speaker 1: Shut this down down, that's all you've been worn.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, get away from this. But I'll tell you what though, your little girlfriend that you went and told her that you were seeing this married man who is also the married man's wife's friend. Right is she tell on you?
Speaker 7: Please know you have some information? Okay, see all this here right here? Hey, hey, hey, but know this. I might go away, but I ain't gonna go away quietly. But don't go to the Christmas party this year. It's gonna be confusing, right crazy the world?
Speaker 6: Now, man, God had like the first time you read it? Or No, I ain't even saying nothing else. I rubbed in my heads. Man, that's all I'm man. Brother, Two trains left, Yeah, be going.
Speaker 7: If a bird flies south at fifteen miles hour, he stops for two days in Georgia.
Speaker 6: I don't given Winnyburg get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a mess right there. That is a mess.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: Last one, Steve. This one's from Carmen and Olney.
Speaker 11: She says, my son is fifteen years old and his girlfriend is a senior this year. I'm trying to avoid him getting his heart broken when his girlfriend goes to college and forgets about him. How do I get him to stop dating her before he gets his feelings crushed?
Speaker 7: No, No, this diouldn't happen this is life. Come on now, all is going down? Ain't no way round? Oh he didn't get in a little thief and to get a.
Speaker 6: Little feelings told out the little boy right here, all that little man stuff he's been doing.
Speaker 7: I don't even see how that's your concern right there. Oh the problem is this senior, this fifteen year old boy, teacher. There are things that I still have to learn. See, you got that song man, You don't know what that's George Michael.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Charlie. We want him being illegal?
Speaker 5: You know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's freaking means fifteen. He's a sophomore. She's a senior.
Speaker 7: He about to turn eighteen age at some point she might be eighteen. Most people listen in high school. He is eighteen.
Speaker 1: But the point is he's fifteen. He's too young too. I mean, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: He too young for what show?
Speaker 1: He's fifteen to be dating and old to be dating a senior. He is gonna get his heart crushed.
Speaker 4: His mom is.
Speaker 6: He made out your house? Mode? You in your house too much? You got you didn't get out? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: What you know?
Speaker 6: The kids doing that show?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: I do, I do.
Speaker 1: You don't want me to tell you how I know.
Speaker 14: The act like it, act like you don't her some shockingan though, Yeah, fifteen, you can get a learning.
Speaker 6: Driving the prom she drives right sophomore, she's get in the car. That's his name though, that is you know that's he's naming our kids, says after Spanish people killing me? All right?
Speaker 11: How does he the mom wants to know. How does she get him to stop dating her before he gets.
Speaker 7: Mama got the stain this boy, Frida, stop dating this girl.
Speaker 6: You finishing this boy and say you've had a taste of a fruit. Quit eating the fruit. Face back in that tub.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. Cilo. Coming up, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening morning show?
Speaker 11: All right, Carlo, So what is going on with Hauling Oats and music news? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Listen to me?
Speaker 8: So now?
Speaker 14: According to TMZ, Steve, you know how much you love Hauling Oats, they have been in arbitration over which songs Oats is allowed to perform live at his solo concerts. So Oats John Oates, he co wrote She's Gone Sarah Smile and this one right here.
Speaker 1: I can't go for that a man eater.
Speaker 14: But John Oates didn't write kiss on my list private eyes, you know, rich girl. Anyway, word, I'm telling you the real reason is Darrel Hall is issuing John Oates because Oats plans to sell a portion of their joint venture to a third party, and Hall says that would violate their business agreement that they had put in place back in.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty one.
Speaker 14: Today today in Nashville, this mounting their schedule.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's all man.
Speaker 7: When all ass hard be people is beefing, that'd be down there like a skinny ass Al Green was in there fighting with very white wouldn't be right it it'd.
Speaker 6: Just look wrong'll they wanted to say that all these things is going on in this complain, I want to have it dropped in the name. Well, I just wanted to tell you, Yanna, that all these things don't have to be this way. You know that we can all just settle it down.
Speaker 1: And no, what's a good Al Green?
Speaker 7: But you want to start preaching, Yeah, and there going song for song that lood that Al Greener gets very white? What about what about you're gonna mess around and get some gritch throad on your ass. Yeah, Hall of those man. They got some jams, ma'am they.
Speaker 6: Need I'm watching you. Yes, that's how I can see whoever got smiled? Though?
Speaker 1: Who co wrote Smile? Watching it interesting to baby and another entertainment.
Speaker 11: The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, passed away from pancreatic cancer back in twenty eighteen, and now five years later, her properties have been allocated based on a handwritten will. On Monday, a judge in Detroit awarded the real estate based on a handwritten will from twenty fourteen that had been found between her couch cushions and based on the will, Aretha's youngest son, kick Kaf Franklin, will get her Detroit home, which was valued at one point one million dollars back in twenty eighteen, and her second son, Edward, was awarded another property, and her third son, ted White Junior inherited a house in Detroit.
Speaker 8: But that's Wreatha Neim. That ain't really my concern, I shirt, I don't. I mean, that's Wreatha Neim. That's what's going on in Nate family. But as far as the Hobby Foundation, the Hobby Clean, Now you got two houses in Atlanta, you got two in Dallas, you got a ranch in Atlanta, you got a house over across the world, all them. So I'm just trying to figure out which cushion did you put it in?
Speaker 6: What my name is? Is in one need house? What houses? Man? I guess what I mean. First of all, first of all, let me learn. Let me say you're a lot of pain, because it's gonna be a while four our before our wheels come into play. But let me just say a lot of pain. And where. First of all, we ain't got no wheels and no cushions or no capture. So don't come in here.
Speaker 1: Tearing the furniture, open cushions.
Speaker 6: Stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, trying to figure out all that. Don't don't don't do that in here. All our stuff is in safety positive boxes on computers. It's at the wheel house. We as a company that stores your wheels. Well, where's the wheel nothing ever happened?
Speaker 6: Were where? And other things I need to know. Well, and my wheel reading.
Speaker 7: I just want you to know that the majority of people there present will be crying harder at the wheel reading than they asked was at the news that I'm gone.
Speaker 6: Gonna repeat this.
Speaker 7: There will be people at the wheel reading that will be crying harder they was when they got the news that I was going I'm going to shockingly disappoint.
Speaker 1: The animals and all that.
Speaker 7: Right, Marjorie, he asked me at one point, She said, Steve Harvey, are you serious?
Speaker 6: My response was as comedic as I could. Dead serious, dead serious.
Speaker 1: You haven't answered Tommy's question, which house is he.
Speaker 6: Wants?
Speaker 7: If Tommy looking for any property of any kind, he will be one at the wheel reading crying.
Speaker 1: Is your goal, Steve, to spend it all while you're here, Not.
Speaker 6: All of it, but eighty five percent. God, you can't.
Speaker 7: You can't, well being nephew, listen to me, property, you kids, I'm sixty six years old.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm not working and stacking up all this paperman for a future that I ain't even I don't know about.
Speaker 6: No, man, eighty five percent of all me and my girl, Me and my girl will join us. We're gonna enjoy that.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm going to heaven having done a full run. I mean, leave me something in a folding chair.
Speaker 6: Something I mean.
Speaker 11: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, We're gonna check your voicemail Steve. If you want to leave Steve a message, you can call him at age seven seven so you can get twenty nine Steve.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 11: All right, it is time to check Steve's voicemail. Call eight seven seven twenty nine Steve to leave a message for Steve. Now you might just hear your call on the air. Steve, you recently said that if you have a problem with your mother, you need to try and fix it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that was yesterday or day before on the air.
Speaker 11: Well, this caller has a question about what to do with a complicated mother daughter relationship.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 15: So this is a comment on what you said about being upset with your mom or your dad. Good morning, and you got to have a real problem. But what if your parents are the problem.
Speaker 5: My mom is a narcissist.
Speaker 15: He's artistic, and she uses any and everything against me, even my son, to make it seem like she's done it theing wrong, like I'm the bad guy because of the life that I live, that I chose to live, like she's applied with it. Everyone at around is all too before me and I'm always doing something wrong.
Speaker 5: So how am I to hear that?
Speaker 10: Tim?
Speaker 15: I not to have a feeling against my mom if she does those types of things.
Speaker 12: But it says really, really thinks to me.
Speaker 15: So I'm just got to sit there and take it. I don't understand that I can't do that.
Speaker 7: Here's a deal, sister. First of all, I don't know the particulars. I don't know the route that you chose to go that makes you be pointed out as the bad guy. I don't know the particulars. I know that little baby's voice you got. I know you really need to go back there and fix it with your mom and daddy.
Speaker 6: Can sound like you nine and don't sound like you on your own, But that aside from itself, let's get serious about this for a moment. Here's the deal. Listen to me, people, I've heard Bishop Jake say this a million times. Forgiveness is not for the other person. Forgiveness is actually for you. Because you said in your statement, I can't do that, how am I supposed to forget? I can't do that?
Speaker 7: Well, you not forgiven a person is like you drinking the poison, waiting on them to die. So now you got to have a reaction to your mother. Look, everybody don't get great parents, you know, ma'am. My watch. I watched my father make a few mistakes in his life, but I still loved and honored him. He was my father, and it kept us in a relationship that was a beautiful relationship with this mad because, as Shirley just said, these people are humans. You know, you don't get to you don't get to stop being human. You don't get to not make mistakes. So it's really up to you. Now, if you feel that horrible about it, you're gonna just another thing. My daddy said to me, He said, son, two things can happen in life. You can get over it or you can die mad. Now you can pick one in what you want. And he said, son, just go and get over And I know you say, well I can't. Well, if you say you can't, then you can't. Steve Harvey and nobody else can help you. You can go to a therapist. If you saying you kate, forgive her and let it go. There's nothing nobody can do for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not even trying. She's not gonna try.
Speaker 6: I would just look write it off, Mom, She making a mistake. That's her, you know, that's it all.
Speaker 1: Right, coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour. Thank you, Steve. We'll have more calls at eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve.
Speaker 11: You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time once again to check Steve's voicemail. These calls, we're going to continue them eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve and Steve, we have a lot of messages about yesterday's strawberry letter. Remember it was called too Good to be True. It was about a woman who was dating a man for about a month and he took her to his high school reunion. At the reunion, he ate some bad tuna. She warned him about this tuna, telling him it didn't smell right, but he didn't listen ate it anyway. He got sick and while at home, he asked her to stay with him. She said no and suggested that he go to the er, and she left. The next day she called to check on him. He told her basically he didn't want to see her again. This is from Sophia in New Orleans.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Steve. This is Sophia from New Orleans and I'm riding to work and I'm listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I just heard part one of the Strawberry Letter Too Good to be True, and I'm with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Steve, because young lady does not know how to take care of a man.
Speaker 10: She should have stayed with him, She should.
Speaker 9: Have taken him to the hospital. She blew it, and she doesn't deserve the good man that she claimed to have had the opportunity to share one month with.
Speaker 10: She killed it.
Speaker 9: You guys, keep doing what you're doing and have a blessed day.
Speaker 7: You know, I agree with you say, because you know what, man, it don't hurt to care about a person. He was sick as hell. He wasn't trying to sleep with the girl. He said, just would you stay with me? She said, no, if you that's it, go to the er. Okay, cool, here this man trying to find somebody to ride with. You know, it's just a simple test.
Speaker 6: You could have said.
Speaker 7: She could have said, hey, listen, I will stay with you, but I'm gonna stay here on the sofa, and if I hear you need anything, I'm here for you.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: That would have made the dude feel one hundred percent better. But oh no, h if you that's sick. Go to the er. I'm bouncing deuces. Okay, cool, Okay, clearly you ain't what he needs. He just worked, okay, and that's just a sickness. And I tell this crazy help out and ran out of money. Bruh, bruh. If you ain't there, you you That's why I tell people about relationships. Man, your relationship got to be tested. Go ahead, sutless.
Speaker 1: We have another one from Houston. Her name is Let's see what she says.
Speaker 16: Hey, Steve and the crew, this is Marie from Houston, Texas. I'm calling about the strawberry letter the guys did Tuesday. He turned out he was too good to be true. Shirley's like, you know, well, you too, let it go. And then Steve just went in on this woman because she wouldn't stay with the man. Baby who wasn't you know, thoughtful enough, wasn't smart enough to listen to She told him the tuna fish was bad. He didn't listen. He scarfed down, and heled a bunch of them anyway, which is why he wound up being in the bathroom for a long damn time. And then he's mad because she wouldn't stay overnight. With him and baby him, And Steve's all on the on the woman talking about that's why you that's probably why you ain't got nobody now. Well, first of all, she had him, and secondly he was singled who thirty eight years old, no kids, never married, so that's a that's a bad thing for her to like still be single at that point, but not for him as some double standard, Steve, he didn't have no damn body either before he started dating her the month before and I kind of I'm tried with the woman. She didn't feel like staying there.
Speaker 1: There han't been dating that damn long.
Speaker 16: You're talking about, get some super.
Speaker 10: So she didn't feel like it.
Speaker 16: And if he's out because of that, oh well, he sounds like a big old man.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 16: If he just listened to her about the dad tunic fish that began with his ass, wouldn't have gotten food poisoning sinning.
Speaker 1: Steve, you look too hard on her.
Speaker 16: Damn him, you know if his ass thirty eight, never been married and stuff, he didn't it sounded like too big of a prize of damn self.
Speaker 5: Bye, guys, And.
Speaker 6: I one hundred percent, I one hundred percent agree with you too. That's right, baby, Yeah, you said what you said. That's fine.
Speaker 7: That's how you want to view it. That's how you can view it. But no, ain't nobody got nobody now, damn. And you know dudes don't listen. Good he should have listened, but he didn't, now you know. But then you know she's sitting up here. She's gonna walk away from good ass man over that right there, y'all keep doing it like this, you ain't gonna have nobody.
Speaker 1: All right, coming right next all the.
Speaker 6: Blocks for date, well here, I'll.
Speaker 11: Say you and today's prank phone call. Right after this you're listening Hard Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. Right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is three times in a row?
Speaker 6: Should I go?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 11: We'll get into that find out what that's all about in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew. He is here with today's prank phone call. What you got for his nest erl Are we about to have a funeral?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, yeah, yeah, we about to have a funeral, So don't you know? But I gotta ask y'all.
Speaker 8: When we when we have these funerals and we say three minute rama, What does that mean? Doesn't that mean three? Keep it to three minutes of Yes? Why at black funerals?
Speaker 6: Why why do we not understand it?
Speaker 4: Why? Why? Why?
Speaker 8: Why do you want to get up there and do ten? And this ain't about you, This ain't about you at all. So this right here is three minute remarks.
Speaker 6: We would like you to keep it to that.
Speaker 8: We're gonna call the person to let them know that we want your remarks kept the three minutes. All right, all minds clear? All right, got dog, if you would, Yes.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to reach your brother Keith please, Yeah, this is Keith, Keith. How you doing? This is Lawrence's overhead, your funeral home?
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 4: We are the ones doing the funeral for sister Dolores. And that is your am my understanding.
Speaker 12: Right, yeah, that's Launchi okay, and.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know the funeral is this coming Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll be that Thursday.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you a call all because it's been brought to my attention, uh that you are going to be giving remarks for the funeral. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Okay. I wanted to call you because we're getting ready to print the programs for the funeral and let you know that they have taken you off for the remarks because they say that you're not.
Speaker 5: Going to be Oh, what do you mean taking me off?
Speaker 4: Well, what I'm saying that they say that you're not going to abide by the two three minute rule that they have for remarks, and they wanted they've they've taken you off.
Speaker 10: And uh, who is they come out? Who?
Speaker 4: Who? What's the name again, lawd, I'm Lawn, I'm the actual funeral director, lord, and who who told you to take me off? One of the one of the family members I'm assuming is who who made the adjustment?
Speaker 10: And an adjustice that ain't no adjustment. That's that's changing the whole program? Who else is on the list?
Speaker 4: I mean there's quite a few family members doing different things throughout the funeral.
Speaker 10: Okay, so how did you get to my name? Is what I'm trying to figure.
Speaker 4: Out That they said that listen to me, listen, listen to me. Listen to me, brother, keep listen to me. What they said is that you weren't going to abide by the time, you weren't going to do your remarks in three minutes or less.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, listen, listen. Mini raised me.
Speaker 10: He put me through college, and you think I'm Finna, I'm Finla goes down her funeral and be under two minutes.
Speaker 4: Well, well, listen, listen, brother Keith, Brother Keith, listen to me. Normally, when we have these funerals, people who give remarks, we have them three minutes or less.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what mister Lors.
Speaker 6: On the list.
Speaker 4: Uh, we have a Seala. Yes, there's a Seala that's singing.
Speaker 5: Name off the list.
Speaker 10: Take her off the list and put me where she's supposed to be with my current and her time.
Speaker 5: Is Bobby there too?
Speaker 4: Bobby now, Yes, Bobby Jr. Is given remarks. That's that's that's Delorous. That's miss Delorus's son, right, Yes, her.
Speaker 10: Son, the one that get locked up. He just got out to tell the truth. He told he's the one down there. Put her in the coat. You need to take him off the list too, give me all that time, because I mean, if I ain't gonna take nothing that.
Speaker 4: My brother, Keith, let me let me let me just say this to you. I cannot take Sheela or Bobby Jr. Off I can't make any alterations to this program unless they.
Speaker 5: Say that what you mean, sir, you already you already take you already taking people name off.
Speaker 10: We're taking my name off.
Speaker 4: But but they they orchestrated this though his day.
Speaker 5: Who is day?
Speaker 10: They for having much problems, they try to take me off my hockey program?
Speaker 4: Who is day? Sir? I'm not gonna get into a family matter. But until they say that you can do in a family matter, sure, I'm not gonna. I don't wanna. I don't want to have this. This turned out to be bad, and we want to have a great homegoing for sister Delord's okay, damn right.
Speaker 10: And if I don't get to say nothing, I guarantee you, I guarantee you it's gonna be a tooth for one in there. Somebody else gonna get in the coffee too. I guarantee you that if I don't get to say nothing in my auntief.
Speaker 4: You know myndn't pay for them college.
Speaker 10: I just put six thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I bet you.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 10: I tell you this, mister Laws. I bet you whether I'm the program I'm not. I bet you, I say with the I want to I betch you that much. You tell day Zach, how did you find you didn't put me through college? Put money on the funeral? Called around to see who ain't putting no money on the feudal Tell them they can't see on the program?
Speaker 4: Man, uh keith they when they decide who who who's on it? If they changed the format.
Speaker 5: That I will call you back. Who who is they?
Speaker 10: That's what I'm trying to get.
Speaker 5: Get you understand who is they?
Speaker 4: Can I can I tell you something? And I don't want you to get to our rape. Okay, right ahead, go ahead, go ahead, man. I just want to say this, keep with them. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Mornings Show. You just got breaked. You just got breaked by your cousin, bobbin Jr.
Speaker 10: You bos, I'm junior up. I'm kicking Bobby.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 5: My mother pressure is all up.
Speaker 10: I ain't gonna be playing man taking me off program.
Speaker 4: Oh Mama said, y'all grew up like brothers man, and you was you was basically another son of mister Lord's.
Speaker 5: That's right, yes, yes, I was.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: Oh my, hey, let me ask.
Speaker 4: You this man, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the.
Speaker 10: Land, the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Talk to me, Talk to me. Franks, come on up in here. Let's get some praise. Franks up in here.
Speaker 14: Speaker speak, taking up the time.
Speaker 6: Y'all know, y'all the funeral get out of hand. Y'all know.
Speaker 14: You know when they get up there and say it all started when we were five, you'd be like.
Speaker 6: Me and uh me and Ryanye. Let's see, we was nine and was pl y'all. I could go on to a funeral that just lasted way too long. Yeah, yeah, left, I'm left.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you something, man, I kid you, no, I'm not making this up. I've been to a funeral that was four hours. That's too long when.
Speaker 8: The person already in heaven, they already made it and we still at the urch.
Speaker 6: Just something wrong. Well that it was a question, that was a question. That was my boy too.
Speaker 7: I knew, I knew it wasn't a guaranteed heaven shot. Yeah, that's why I was in there, going it's gonna be some voting going on on this one right now.
Speaker 1: Committee.
Speaker 7: Yes, he'll be at the gate and had to present some closing arguments or sup I just do right here.
Speaker 6: He can get in because God is forgiving.
Speaker 7: I would like to know if he's in heaven right now, because if I knew that, it'll take a lot of pressure off me.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, you're.
Speaker 6: Definitely in there. Yeah, eight nine ten.
Speaker 8: Tommy T's eight nine Timmy Tommy T's in Oakland, Well, Pleasant, California. The Nephew come to town December eight nine ten. Tickets on sale right now.
Speaker 11: All right, nephew, thank you? Coming up next, Strawberry Letter three times in a row?
Speaker 1: Should I go? Is the subject. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Harvey FM dot com.
Speaker 1: And click submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 11: We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 8: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it four you here it is Strawberry LETTA thank you.
Speaker 11: Nephew's subject three times in a row. Should I go, Dear Stephen Shirley. I was married for six years to a miserable man that had low self esteem, so he cheated on me multiple times, and I stayed with him because I didn't earn enough money to take care of my daughter on my own. Seven years later, and I am in the same situation, or a very similar situation. My partner got divorced the same year I did, and we met at my daughter's school.
Speaker 1: He's got a daughter that's two years older.
Speaker 11: Than mine, and we agreed that we would keep things between us so the kids won't feel some type of way.
Speaker 1: So the fact that he keeps me hidden is beneficial to him.
Speaker 11: He has had three different women spend the night at his house lately, and one of the ladies dropped his daughter off at school in his car. I couldn't ask the woman any questions, so I questioned him. He said that woman was an old friend and she was in town for only one night and he wanted to catch up with her, so he invited her to stay with him. Whenever I'm at his house, I snooped to see if there's any signs that a woman has been over there. The two other times he had a woman stay over. He offered up the information. He said he did not think it was a big deal because I should know that I am his number one woman.
Speaker 1: I want to be the only woman.
Speaker 11: But I respect the fact that he's not ready to get married. He has entertained three other women, and he's comfortable telling me about it, so I'm sure there have been more than three. There's no way the women are staying at his place and there's no sex. I wonder why he keeps me around. Could he be telling the truth or is it time for me to go?
Speaker 1: Is it time for you to go?
Speaker 11: Yes, I think you've stayed way too long already. And why did you agree to keep it to yourselves for the kids? Why would you want to be hidden so the kids won't feel some kind of some type of way you said?
Speaker 1: And what way is that?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 11: What would the kids say about their parents dating? What would they have to say? You were hidden so he could do whatever he wanted to do, like entertain other women. In his case, when he says you're his number one woman, it means you're number one out of the many women he's dating.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't want to get.
Speaker 11: Married and you do. You are wasting your time with this guy. Don't you see that he keeps you around? You ask why does he keep you around? He keeps you around because you won't leave. You won't leave this situation. I mean, this relationship is going nowhere, and as long as you stay, he's going to keep you around.
Speaker 1: Simple as that.
Speaker 6: Steve, Lady, you have no self of Steve, and insteaded further knocking you down.
Speaker 7: Give you a couple of suggestions. Let me, let me, let me try to help you out, because this is bad right here. You were married for six years to a miserable man. He had low self esteem. Now, this is what you say. He had low self esteem, so he cheated on me multiple times, and I stayed with him because I didn't earn enough money to take care of my daughter on my own. Okay, wait a minute, that don't sound like he got low self esteem. It sounds like you have low self esteem. I don't think you understand the narrative of your own letter. You have got to change your view of yourself. See, let me help everybody understand something. You can't change nobody but yourself. You cannot change people. If people don't want to be changed or are unwilling to. There's nothing you can do. The only person you can change is yourself. So you can say he has low self esteem, that's why he cheated on you.
Speaker 6: That ain't why.
Speaker 7: That ain't really the reason why me and cheap because they have low self esteem? That ain't It ain't good reason. I don't know where you got that one from. But what the hell is that he cheating because he got low self?
Speaker 6: Misteak? What so he thought? He thought so lower himself?
Speaker 7: He convinced three other women to think that he low enough to sleep with Help me?
Speaker 6: You see me over here and it misery? Like, come on over here and get in this misery within me.
Speaker 7: Lady, Come on now now, you didn't want to leave him because you didn't have enough money to take care of your daughter on your own. Seven years later, I'm in the same situation.
Speaker 6: Are very similar one.
Speaker 7: My partner got divorced the same time you did, and he met him at your daughter school. He got a daughter two years older than mine, so we agreed that we would keep things between us so the.
Speaker 6: Kids won't feel some kind of way. What wit what?
Speaker 7: Y'all both divorced? Y'all still seeing each other. But y'all won't keep it a secret so the kids don't feel some kind of way. I promise you this was his idea. Yeah, this was all his idea, so the kids won't feel some type way. So the fact that he keeps me hidden is beneficial to him. He has had three different women spend the night at his house lately. Wait a minute, lady, what and one of the ladies dropped his door off in school in his car? I couldn't ask a woman is a question? So I questioned him. He said that the woman was an old friend. So I questioned him and said that the woman was an old friend and she was in town only one night and he wanted to catch up with.
Speaker 6: Her, so it invited her to the house. How the hell you let a woman who you oh and drop your baby off in school? Who do that? Hey, come on, spend the night so we can catch up. Hey take the baby to school?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Lady? What is wrong with you? You sit up here.
Speaker 7: Talking about He wanted to keep it between us, and then he didn't have three different women spend the night at the house lately.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, And you know this, and you.
Speaker 6: Still dealing with him. See remember the letter when you said he has your first husband had low self esteem because he cheated on you three times, So you'd met another dude with low self esteem and he got three other women to him.
Speaker 11: Hey on, well, that's part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letters, subject three times in a row?
Speaker 6: Should I Go?
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 6: Hey, folks, I got a simple question for you. Do you like winning cash? How about a new car?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: Guess what you need to download the app that I launched with PCH called word Mania. Word Mania is a fun word game that lets you earn entries into a great prize every Monday Night. Recent winners have won a Ford x podition and twenty five thousand dollars. For official rules and details, download word Mania on the Apple App Store or Google Plate. Standard messaging rates and Internet day the race may apply.
Speaker 11: All right, Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's strawberry letter. Three times in a row? Should I go?
Speaker 6: Lady? Should I go?
Speaker 7: The name of this letter should have been gone after the third time, or then the title of this letter should have been.
Speaker 6: Oh, y'all must think I'm booboo to fool or something, but not you. Was married six years to a miserable man that had low self fateen so he cheated on you three times.
Speaker 7: That ain't low self esteeve. He pretty full of himself. Seven years later, y'am in the same situation. Because now the man you're dating right now, he got a two year old to go to the same school as y'all. Y'all seeing each other, and y'all all agreed to keep things between us so the kids don't feel some kind of way. What So the fact that he keeps me hitting this beneficial to him. He that had three different women spend the night at his house. Lady, Oh, so you'd have met another man with low self esteve by you? I don't know how do you find these all these men with this low self esteeve and that's got all these damn women. What I'm gonna have to go get me some of this damn low self esteeve. I'm looking at this way. I'm really too full of myself. Anyway, and you met one of the ladies who dropped his daughter off at school in his car. You couldn't ask a woman no questions? You say, so, you questioned him.
Speaker 6: He told you the woman was an old friend. She was in town for one night and he wanted to catch up with her, so he invited her to stay with him.
Speaker 5: What what.
Speaker 6: I'd have told y'all about these friends? I keep telling y'all about these male friends.
Speaker 7: Y'all ain't here, and Uncle Steve, okay, here's another one came through and spent the night. Whenever I'm at the house, and I want to see if there's any signs that a woman has.
Speaker 6: Been over there.
Speaker 7: The two other times he had a woman stay over, he offered up the information. He said he didn't think it was a big deal because I should know that I'm his number one woman. I want to be the only woman I respect that he's not ready to get remarried. What, Katie, what is wrong with you? Do you know what's happening here? This man is feeding you garbage and you.
Speaker 6: Keep eating it?
Speaker 1: Ye Basically, how.
Speaker 6: Does taste this stuff that he's saying to you? How this taste? He gave you the information that the two other women's over there. You know what he said to you? You ought to be cool. You know you my number one and then guess what you said.
Speaker 7: You gave him a past by saying, I respect the fact that he's not ready to get remarried.
Speaker 6: Remarried. What happened to respecting the fact that he respects you?
Speaker 7: You ever thought of that? You respect the fact that he's not getting mad. Stop letting these men have all these passes and these excuses with you.
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 7: Damn everybody, everybody talk to you something wrong with him, but you make it about you.
Speaker 6: Your first husband cheated on you three times. He was a miserable man.
Speaker 7: He had low self esteem to do you dating down at your daughter school, then told you to keep it a secret.
Speaker 6: He'd haven't been with three other women, and he told you. He told you one of them was just a friend, came spend the night, and the other two. He told you you ought to be cool with it because you know you my number boy. Betty, Come on system, get yourself together, think more of yourself, and stop being involved in relationships that are only beneficial to the other person. You are the most beneficial relationship these guys could be in. He can cheat with you because you made a financial decision to stay with your husband because you didn't have enough money to take care of your daughter. Girl, get over there and get on the struggle bus so you can have some dignity. Now, this other guy feeding you this garbage? You know you number one? What the hell is number one of his eight people?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Number one? Out of how many?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 7: I'm the first one half his baby? But he got seven more, seven different Mama? What what you think you special? Because you were the first, he'd have done it six more times?
Speaker 6: What is wrong with you? Since the Come on, now, let me read the rest of this letter. If I could say anything beneficial to this girl.
Speaker 7: He has entertained three other women, and he's comfortable telling me about it, so I'm sure that have been more than three.
Speaker 6: Of course it is. There's no way the women are staying in his place, and there's no sex. Okay. I wonder why he keeps me around?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 6: Wonder why he keep you around?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 7: You won't know why he keep you around because you easy, You're simple. He can tell you anything and you'll accept it. He keep you around because you have low self esteem. Sister, get some dignity about yourself. I'm gonna tell y'all something about men. We treat you the way you treat yourself. Are y'all listening to me? We treat you the way you treat yourself. If you treat yourself respectful, guess what We're gonna treat you with respect?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: If you can let me do anything I want to do and still have you thank you? What's oh.
Speaker 1: Poster comment? Can't be any more clear than that?
Speaker 11: Steve Bosler comments on today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey f album.
Speaker 7: Want to say something else too, Shirlly, I sacrificed a lot of jokes to try to help you this morning.
Speaker 6: I would not be doing this tomorrow.
Speaker 11: You back on Instagram and Facebook and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never Sounded So good?
Speaker 1: Downloaded today.
Speaker 11: Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, Tommy is in for Junior with Today's Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, the nephew Tommy is in for Junior with today's Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: Which you got Tommy in for you all right?
Speaker 6: Quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 8: He has returned to the New York Deck practice yesterday Wednesday on a limited basis. So he's exactly eleven weeks after surgery to repair torn achilles.
Speaker 6: Now Aaron was cleared.
Speaker 8: I guess what you call functional football activity but not contact activity. But now it just got twenty one days to decide whether they're going to activate Aaron Rodgers for keep him on injury reserve what you think?
Speaker 6: Better activated? All that money you done paid him and get your hop your ass out here. I don't get old as he is. Better be too soon and too late he old, yep, So get him affair.
Speaker 7: What you say, well, you know you can't rush that achilles entry. But that's astonishing that he's even back right now. That's astonished, which is testimony testimony to how well they take care of itself.
Speaker 6: All right, let's go.
Speaker 8: Let's go to the NBA Golden State Warriors basketball star Draymond Green is back from a five game suspension, and he said he dos no regrets for his actions whatsoever. Now you gotta remember, Draymond put Minnesota Timerwills center Rudy Gobert in a headlocked back on November fourteenth, and he was taking up for his teammate Klay Thompson. So what you think, big dog, is Draymond doing too much? Man, because he can't control I mean dog. He said, I have no regrets. I was taking up for my team.
Speaker 6: Man. I ain't mad at him.
Speaker 1: The NBA was saying unsportsmanlike conduct.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's gonna stop. I think that's just who Draymond is. I mean he taking up for his boys. But that's just who Draymond is. And he's light skinning. Boys gonna have to start fighting. Quit leaving it up to Draymond. Now, they gonna have to.
Speaker 5: Talk for you.
Speaker 7: That's one thing. See, light skinned people don't like to scrap. That's why I that's her du dog. That's why all my friends are dogs. Did exactly why I write. Do not have no high yell ass friend. Uh huh, I'm not gonna do it all. My friend has a dog. Dude, Man, come on home and let's go. Draymond and here getting suspended five game called Clayton. Oh, I like, I love Draymon, man, I'm with you. Hold away and he head locked another light skin dude. See your light skin dude is all quit fighting. Let's make a new rule in the NBA.
Speaker 6: If you see a person dog as Draymond or doctor Jeff run I can't say that.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 6: You gonna get your head will.
Speaker 7: Don't be over there trying to fight Kevin Garnet, don't be it, don't don't grab Darryl Dawkins.
Speaker 1: It's just from people, you all right. Coming up at the top of the hour, a guy, thank you, ne you and Steve. I guess a guy on social media.
Speaker 11: Steve needs some advice on combating thieves stealing packages from his porch.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this you're listening morning show.
Speaker 11: Fountain Blue LUTs Vegas luxury Resort and Casino is bringing global superstar post Malone to headline ats inaugural New Year's Eve weekend December thirtieth and thirty first at the Blue Live Theater. Register now for your chance to win a trip for two to see post Malone live on New Year's Eve. It includes round trip coach airfare, two night, hotels, day and dinner for two. Enter now and get rules at STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. That's Steve Harvey FM dot com for all the info. It is sponsored by Fountain Blue, Las Vegas.
Speaker 14: Yeah you just want to say that act Yes, Yeah, Vegas Baby I can't wait.
Speaker 1: All right, it is time now to switch gears.
Speaker 3: Steve.
Speaker 11: This is from Bill on Steve HARVEYFM. Bill says, over the last couple of years, the homes in my neighborhood have been hit hard by thieves stealing holiday packages. I've installed a doorbell camera, but it's still a problem. Aside from putting up fake packages, pain inducing mousetraps, what are some other steps can take to make sure the gifts I order aren't stolen by porch thieves again this year? All thoughts are wanted and appreciated from the guy who loves to get packages delivered.
Speaker 1: Steve.
Speaker 6: Well, bro, I'm just calling. I don't know why you called me, but.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Nothing.
Speaker 7: Nothing can solve this problem better then headlines on eleven o'clock leave nothing, ladies and general details at eleven all packages.
Speaker 6: Thelves have stopped on the old main Street details at eleven. You could do something like this warning warning.
Speaker 7: The next pack. I said, this is what I think y'all should do. Okay, okay, let's let's let's scrap all that. Here's the better way. All of your neighbors, y'all should get together at the Homeown Association meetings and all y'all printed signs up it had the same sign in your yard. Next person come up here and steal a package, that's your ass, put that in the yard. Yeah, just put that in the yard. And if it's in every house, y'all, a person coming down the street and see that sign in every yard, what I like it? I really do like that can cut it out. That's what I think would stop it the most. But y'all all, y'all had to put the.
Speaker 6: Same sign out.
Speaker 1: They discussed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but what if somebody doesn't agree to do it on that on that street, you still still go with it.
Speaker 7: See, yeah, it's always gonna be somebody. But listen to me, all of y'all make extra signs m M. And then and at night go down there and hamm it in their yard.
Speaker 6: But I think that'll work though. I like that had that in their yard in a damn way, they probably ain't even gonna see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the signs will work though with the with the message.
Speaker 7: I think that's if all of y'all, the next person we come up on these porches and take a package, that's your ass, and I'm telling you that street right there, Hey, man, you see them signs ain't got every watching, they said, every yard.
Speaker 6: Dumay.
Speaker 11: We hope that helps you, Bill, because Bill just puts out fake packages. He puts out puts out mousetraps, and so he wanted to know another step you.
Speaker 1: So Bill, there you go. I like one more time, Steve, one more time.
Speaker 7: All y'all shit had the same sign block punt uh huh, white white sign, black letters read underline. The next person come up on this porch and take a package, dash your ass.
Speaker 6: If you see farny at them signs, they ain't.
Speaker 4: Know where this.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Steve.
Speaker 11: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after the hour.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Well, congratulations to Erica Baddu.
Speaker 11: Erica is on the cover of GQ Germany Men of the Year issue as a magazine's music Icon of the Year.
Speaker 1: In the article yeah It's not Good.
Speaker 11: In the article, Erica talks about the influence she's had on music. She said, quote, I was the first in my genre, and there was no genre for neo soul was created.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 11: We love Erica and Steve, you love her. She was one of your interns. She worked for you back in the day in Dallas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I first discovered her talent. I didn't discover her. I'm just saying discovered her talent. So I used to play, you know only I only know three songs on.
Speaker 7: Keyboard, and I had Offender Rhodes and I would sit on the keyboard and play for Erica and we wrote the album. We wrote an album called Section eight and all our songs was about being pope.
Speaker 6: And Erica would stay out there insane and I said, man, this little girl right here. It's kind of crazy, but.
Speaker 7: Man, this little girls and she thanked me and all that, and she's work on my comedy because I always supported I didn't know it was going to turn into this.
Speaker 6: Wow, and that girl became a major star, man, a.
Speaker 1: Major Yeah, come oh Street that was a nickname.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a nickname.
Speaker 8: Street Baby videos everybody do walking down the street naked and down be fair windows and see after that is thriller.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 11: Coming up round three minutes after, we'll play another round. And would you rather right after this you're listening hard Morning show? It is time now for another round. I would you rather, would you rather never win a championship but get twenty million dollars a year? Or win four NBA championships and only get two million dollars a year?
Speaker 6: Man to hell?
Speaker 4: Does?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Win every every UFL if we're gonna badle it, we ain't gonna get that, But man, we're.
Speaker 6: Gonna have a good time. Twenty million.
Speaker 7: If I don't win two million, y'all win twenty million and make that trophy.
Speaker 6: Uh, I haven't no, no, no no, That second place trophy be bigger than first place trup. Ain't gonna get me a ring, mate, learn it. My rag gonna look like color.
Speaker 7: Second place trophy just gonna be bigger than the first place trupe. My second place ring gonna look like I won a super Bowl?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather it's no second place in championship?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: The winners eighth grade, eighth eighth place pros what you're talking?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You get a participation trophy. Now now I don't give it down. I got twenty million.
Speaker 16: What what?
Speaker 4: What ye?
Speaker 11: Would you rather decorate the Christmas tree? Or would you rather wrap presents to put under the Christmas tree?
Speaker 1: Decorate?
Speaker 6: Rap?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That gift wrapping. I got give meet them ornaments. Man, let me let me throw this popcorns on this tree or something.
Speaker 4: Wrap.
Speaker 6: Yeah that damn, by said that ain't fitty wrap. It's got you.
Speaker 1: No, that's some work wrapping, all right. So you rather decorate the tree?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 11: Would you rather hot eggnog or pumpkin pie? What hog?
Speaker 6: Hey man, I don't want to tell you a true story.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I'm overseas right. This chef comes in for Thanksgiving and he says, mister and missus hobby, I've made you a wonderful, wonderful punkin pie for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: My family looked at him. We got so quiet. He got through talking. I said, hey man, black people don't eat punkin pie. My wife kicked me under that table. Steve, Steve, don't this man that went out of his way? No, no, no, he went out of his way.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 7: It's the wrong way. You went the wrong damn. But come in here, tell no black people nothing like that. I say, hey man, black people don't eat punkin pie. Excuse me, I heard what I said. Lack of people don't eat punkin pie. Ain't get damn by your the family recipe from Englands. Tet it on back over there? Anybody fit to eat that? Everybody drinking on hot ass egg nog? You're not doing that, vomiting drinkings from hot ass egg now?
Speaker 6: Egg now? I supposed to be cold? And where's that sweet potato pie?
Speaker 7: I may get this punk of power off this damn table before we turned it over, because that's what I'm all right.
Speaker 1: That's today's I wanted to hear.
Speaker 6: It's from an old English recipe. Look at us, all those black people here, any of us? Look English?
Speaker 11: Close out the show coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day on this Thursday.
Speaker 1: It's been a good day.
Speaker 11: Yeah, last day of the month, last day of the eleventh month of the year.
Speaker 1: One more month to go?
Speaker 6: And then what what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 6: What's y'all say?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: We still.
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 6: Y'all scared me for the hell? Y'all mean?
Speaker 4: This is it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: This is it, the last day of the month to help and have something. Man, it didn't sounds that didn't sound hopeful of nothing.
Speaker 6: This is November thirtieth. It's still the last day of the month. Yeah, we almost at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: This is it to help and have something?
Speaker 6: Man, it didn't sounds that didn't sound hopeful of nothing. This is November thirtieth, It's still the last day of the month. Yeah, we almost at the end of the year.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 6: Damn man. I'm sitting there going, man, did I did I miss the memo?
Speaker 1: Always hopeful? Always?
Speaker 6: I want to do a.
Speaker 7: Brief recap of today and what Timmy asked me a question at the beginning of the day. He said, Hey, man, what's the best thing happened to you this year? And the worst thing? And you know, it was at the beginning of the show, and I just kind of want recap that for a moment because, you know what, and I answered it because I discovered the best thing that happened to me this year was at sixty six. I'm really starting to understand for the first time how to trust in God's timing, because that has been a real problem for me my entire life. I'm just being real with you because I just I love God, but I just want things to happen when I wanted to happen. You know, I'm praying, and I'm going, man, I keep praying. What's the hold up? You said, ask and you shall receive. But I know this as I read that verse, asking you shall receive it, don't ever say next week, day.
Speaker 6: After the moth, in a little while, as soon as you get up, it's coming it.
Speaker 7: Don't ever say that. It just say ask and you shall receive. And I've had trouble with that, trusting in his timing.
Speaker 6: I just really have. And this is the first year that I've really really focused on it and understood it.
Speaker 7: I have two things that I've been working on. What what year did COVID start? Anybody know the year it started? Yeah, twenty at the very beginning of twenty twenty. Yeah, Trunk was president in March, Yeah Trump Trump was president. Yeah, that right there was when I started this one deal, and then I started another deal that I know in twenty twenty one. Do you know that neither one of those deals are done, but they're still in discussion and they're still so close now. The one that's I started at the beginning of COVID. I have been discussing that one a year prior to that. Steal no deal, this deal that's so close again. I started that over two years ago, Steal no Deal, and I have had to come to terms with that that is coming, but it's coming in God's timing. And I've just ca you know what, I've just really this year just had to realize my timing in God. God's timing is way off. It's way off, and I just really just had to come to terms with that.
Speaker 6: Man, you trip in, Steve, because you keep you know, A lady told me one time, Gloria Tucker, She's passed Gloria Tuck Frank Tuck's system.
Speaker 7: She said, you can't tell God how to bless you. See, you can't ask God for something and then tell him how to go about doing it. He said, you have no idea because his ways are so much different than yours. It's his ways is as different, it's as high above yours as.
Speaker 6: The heaven is of the earth. And I've just had to come to term with that.
Speaker 7: And that's probably the best lesson I've learned this year, to just keep trusting in God's timing and it will always work out.
Speaker 6: Because what I.
Speaker 7: Realized was He's never had me be without after certain now I've been without before now, but of late.
Speaker 6: I have never had to go without. It's been some close calls, it's been wholed right up to the wire, but he always comes through.
Speaker 7: He ain't ever late. God is never late, man, So that's the most valuable thing. And then Tommy said, what's the worst thing? Go ahead, tom you gonna say something. I was gonna say something, my daddy. Just tell me say.
Speaker 6: When you understand that God is never late, you wait different. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now you understand that he's never late, you just you wait differently, You wait different. And that's really, Tommy, what I'm coming to. I just learned how to wait different. I keep whistling Dixie because I know he coming, because he.
Speaker 6: Never been late. That's the amazing thing. When you know.
Speaker 7: He coming, you wait different, boy, that's the true thing. I'm gonna keep that one. And then he asked me, what's the worst thing happened to me? I gave my cell number the wrong person. Is the worst damn thing I did this year?
Speaker 6: What are they do? You are they blocked?
Speaker 4: Dog?
Speaker 7: It was blocked, man, because then the key one of them tech dudes here. No, I just hey, man, what you doing?
Speaker 4: The hell? You mean?
Speaker 6: What I'm doing?
Speaker 4: Doug?
Speaker 6: You ain't one of my kids. Wyd what the hell you mean, Doug? You're sixty here, you mean?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Wyd the worst thing I've ever done?
Speaker 4: This year?
Speaker 6: Y'all have a great day, man, and think about.
Speaker 7: The best thing that's happened to you, and then think of one worst thing that's happened to you so you don't do it again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: I ain't giving out my cell number nombers.
Speaker 11: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening to the Sting Harvey Morning Show.