Speaker 1: Welcome to Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 2: It's the show that she is the secrets of success experience firsthand by Marketing and Brandon expert Rashan McDonald. I will know he's giving me advice on many occasions. And in case you didn't notice, I'm not broke.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: He'll be interviewing celebrity CEOs, entrepreneurs and industry.
Speaker 4: Decision make because it's what he likes to do. It's what he likes to share.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to hear from my man, Rashan McDonald. Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I am the host, ra Sean McDonald. You know the interviews and information this show provides off for everyone. Please listen, Please take their advice. Please, you know google information I give you, do your research. The information I give you is information that I believe will make your life a lot better. Because it's time to stop reading other people's success stories and start living your own. I'll be interviewing Attorney Benjamin Crump. He's also known as Black's Attorney General. A Star Wars. Dedication to justice and services made Benjamin Crump a nationally recognized civil rights and personal injuries attorney Attorney Crump has helped families who have been wronged to reach historic settlements and verdicts. Crump that was awarded a verdict of four hundred and level million for the Dwayne Washington. That's just one case. He was seriously injured in the truck crash. He also helped to reach six hundred and forty one million dollars settlement for the Flint Children and Flint, Michigan. The children at water crisis, are twenty seven million dollars settlements reached for George Floyd and has twelve million dollar settlement for Breonna Taylor. Then there's over two hundred million dollars in settlements in cases involvement banking while black. I've known this brother for a long time. He came to the public's eye doing Trayvon Martin unfortunate situation and he has not left us. And he is a very sincere person. He believes in the cause, and the cause is that like I always said, he said, if you want to know justice, rashan in the back of any courtroom, and you know there are two types of justice. And I believe that, and I so humbly. I will be introducing him Attorney Benjamin Crump Tourney Krump. I'm talking to him right now about our life, our personal relationships. And you know last time we got on the phone together is when I connected you with Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith.
Speaker 5: It was about the police officers who had brutalized that young man and you had a press conference. But it was equally important for you to have that interview with Steven A. Smith because about getting the message out to everybody about what's going on, because sometimes you need different voices to help the story get told correctly.
Speaker 6: Correct Absolutely, that was Tyree Nichols Rashan who was killed by five black police officers and Memphis, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: And it was just tragic on so many levels.
Speaker 6: Not only did the video show that Tyren Nichols was so compliant, he said, why a y'all doing this?
Speaker 3: Just trying to get home?
Speaker 6: And I mean you to have those black police officers beat them like that was so troubling Rashan because you, as I told Stephen A. Smith, our frat brother who has a different audience that I normally don't speak to you. I said, you know that could have been their little brother. How is it that they couldn't see that that was somebody's little brother, that that was somebody's son, And why couldn't they have the consideration, the passion, the empathy that this young black person who has skin just like them could have been their family members. And so it was tragic and it was before, you know, when everything was breaking, we hadn't had the funeral yet. Our Vice president Kamala Harris came and spoke at the funeral because we wanted to show to the world. Sometimes people say Rashon that, oh well, nobody cares unless it's a white person killing a black person. That's not true. What we care about is any injustice. The pain is real. It doesn't matter if it's a black hand or white hand that pulls the trigger. The pain is just the same. And that's what we were saying. We won't equal justice no matter what the situation is.
Speaker 5: And that's important because that was one of those cases where, you know, we'd always dealt with the white violence from a police standpoint, and it was just equally crippling to me to see black men through this to another black person that was like unconfortable, that was like, come on, now, you know, we always hear in the community by black on black violence. We always hear by black people robbing other black people. Then you see it from a police standpoint. It was just that was just like a game. Where's that key? Said right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know all of the officers have been charged with merlin, So that was important. And the other thing I kept saying, if you remember when I talked to Stephen Aris Shine, I said, now, in less than twenty days, all five of those black officers were terminated, arrested, and charged with murray. And so that's the president. Now that's the new president. And so next time, if it's white officers that kill us unjustly use excessive force, then we want to see the same actions. We don't want when you got video for crime being committed, it's going to take a year or two years for you to investigate it, just like you did with those five black officers, arrest them, terminate them, and charge them. We want the same thing when it's white police officers, equal justice. I'm black American Attorney General, and so I want to keep saying it has to be people justice.
Speaker 5: I always remember what you told me, you said, Richond, just sit in the back of a court room and you realize that it is not justice for all that is always when we did evidence of innocence, you taught me that note. You said, you see just sitting the back of the court room, and you see there is a difference between black justice and white justice, and that's a tragic correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so tragic. I mean you never have to take my word for it. Go in any courtroom in America, sit in the back and see how justice is administer. You have black people and white people have very similar crimes, and you so often I've seen the young white people get a slap on the wrist and they're escorted out the court room, delive out the fulfillment of their destiny that God has for them, and have every opportunity at their American dream. But then you see black and brown people have the same crimes and they're taken to the corner of the court room finger printed handcuff, and it up a trumped up feeling the conviction and I do mean trumped up and then rashine for the rest of their life. They have to wear that scarlet leven being a convicted feeling, and life is different when you got that feeling the conviction. And that's all we're saying. Why can't black people get the benefit of the doubt, the benefit of consideration, the benefit of possibility. Why can't our children get the same considerations that little white children get.
Speaker 3: That's all we're asking for, that's all we want.
Speaker 1: You know, It's interesting when I SEEO TV.
Speaker 5: I see you on TV in different ways now, mister crump, I see on ways of you know, standing up for individuals who've been undeserved, standing the people who've been wrong. Now I'm seeing you on TV being honored, and those are moments the image of Wars recently, the agree on which I thought was an incredible moment for you because of the people within the audience, and then the people standing up for you. I mean you're talking about when they announced you then gave you this Prescient Degree awards.
Speaker 1: Those are moments.
Speaker 5: Man. Well I'm with my wife, I go, that's my boy right there, that's my friend right there, that's my boy right there, that's my friend right Well, what goes to your head now that you know you are a different level, You are perceived in a different light, and when people see you come from and you're talking for us you're talking for us, You're talking for the underserved.
Speaker 1: Talk to us.
Speaker 5: About being honored and then what it means as far as being responsible.
Speaker 6: You know, Rischid, I give you a lot of credit when I would call in and you would always get me on the Steve Harvey radio show, even when we were talking about Treyvon. And you know, I'll never forget. It's the mission that's the important thing. And I am humbled by all the accolades that I have been blessed with, and I give God all the glory because it's never you, it's God using you as a blessing. And so I always remember those things, and every time I get the platform of being recognized, I always try to use those moments to talk about the mission of trying to make a better world for our children. Whether it was the Grill Wards or the image of Wards, or when I got this huge historic honor of them naming the law school after me, making the first time of practicing black attorney had a law school named after them. It's only been two. It's third Good Marching my Hero and now being Crumped. So when you come to Miami, I got to give you a two of the being Crump.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Because you You're a big part of that. Brother.
Speaker 6: I think you having the vision to say, hey man, you're going to be America's lawyer. You a brand. You're not just lawyer. You speak for us. And you got to see where this is going to go. And even when I couldn't sit, people like you, people like Steve Y'a'll always welcome being tried to make the spotlight bigger for men.
Speaker 3: I can never say thank you enough.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, you know, because you know when I look at I need your voyage. I need somebody I can talk to, not only with common sense, but legal sense. When I see what's going on in Florida and I see what's going all over the country.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back with more money making conversations.
Speaker 7: Masterclass HBCUs represent Black Excellence. If you attend or are an alumnus of an HBCU, we want to hear about your story. The My HBCU Story Digital Library will allow current HBCU students and alumni to share their stories. More information is available at HBCU College day dot com.
Speaker 1: You can upload a photo.
Speaker 7: The photo can be recent or from when you attended your HBCU. More information is available at HBCU College day dot com.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations masterclass hosted by Rushaan McDonald.
Speaker 5: I see how they're changing Black history right before us, and then you have you know, I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to talk about it. You're based in Florida. Talk about what's going on in Florida from your perspective and how as we as a nation can help you and the people of Florida.
Speaker 6: You know, Fred, it is deplorable. It is absolutely deplorable. I mean, you got Governor DeSantis, who is on the short list to be the Republican nominee for president. He's second only to Donald Trump, and he is I mean, he's passing laws to get rid of everything that is diversity, equity and inclusion. All d I in the state of Florida now is against the law. He's banning books, I mean, all the celebrated black authors like my Angelou I know why the Cage burd sings, Alice Walker Colored Purple. I mean, he's getting rid of James Barbogo, Tellor on the Mountain.
Speaker 3: I mean all these things, and.
Speaker 6: Then he bans the teaching of African American AP history in high school and now Arkansas in Texas has banned AP American history.
Speaker 3: So this is real.
Speaker 6: And to top it all off, I mean, it's heartbreaking how they are trying to steal our young people future from them, kill their spirits. He is saying that the law in Florida now from middle school to high school, when you teach about American history and you come to the subject of slavery, that you must it is mandatory, or that you must teach that slavery had positive.
Speaker 3: Benefits for their slave people.
Speaker 6: I mean, you talking about heresy, You talking about cause of severe psychological trauma to black students who have to be told what slavery was good for your.
Speaker 5: People, right, And that's the whole part about when you get into police brutality, they look at you, what did you do wrong?
Speaker 1: Did you instigate the cop? Did you call that police person to be at that way?
Speaker 5: Because when you start allowing people to take a story and bend it, and then all of a sudden, you become the problem. You not the victim anymore, You the problem. And that's what they're saying about slavery or we brought you over here, but look at it, we helped you to a better life.
Speaker 6: It's just so acdine when you think about it. Even on the race massacres, when they came in Massacre and burn town was of.
Speaker 3: Tens and twenties and black people.
Speaker 6: He's trying to say that. They're trying to say the curriculum must say, well, we got to talk about the black violence too. How can it be violent when you came to burn our homes and murder us. But you're saying, now, we got to teach both sides, like when you talk about slavery, you got to teach both sides. I was very proud of Vice President Kamala Harris who came to Florida and said, no, no, this is he's trying to draw us into an unnecessary debate. Slavery had no positive benefits for black people, and the fact that slavery was evil in a marvel, point blank period the end of the discussion, we don't need to be dragged into this debate. But that's what he wants to do because he's trying to give his base red meat for them to continue to try to use racism to divide us.
Speaker 5: You know, It was really interesting when you know, because you can get branded a stereotype to say this is the type of cases that you represent. And when I saw you come to the front with those Northwestern football players.
Speaker 1: As much as I know you, I was called off guard. I go, he do these cases too.
Speaker 5: It was like, isn't it as important to diversify, to show people the global perspective of your legal.
Speaker 1: Presence in this country and in this world.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, Rashan, we continue to evolve. And again I looked at the examples of you and others who say, hey, you can't put me in a bronx. I'm for all people, I'm for all justice. When we fight this fight, and we have to continue to say if it's wrong for our children and it's wrong for your children, well we fight for justice for everybody.
Speaker 3: So when we're talking about the Northwestern.
Speaker 6: University hazing incident, we represent more white people, more white college athletes then we do black college athletes. And that just shows the evolution that and it gives hope for America that white people are calling Ben crumpt to represent them, not just black people. Because, as the great John Johnson said, the founder of Ebony magazine.
Speaker 3: There is no denying excellence.
Speaker 6: So we have to teach our children to always strive for excellence and everything they do well.
Speaker 5: You know, New York Magazine said Bankrump may be the hardest working attorney in the country.
Speaker 1: And I always say this, you know, well, you don't know. You educate yourself.
Speaker 5: So after I saw him come to the podium representing the athletes for Northwestern University, I went to his website.
Speaker 1: I went to a website because I wanted to.
Speaker 5: See some of the cases that he's represented, call accident, burn, fire, injuries, civil rights, medical mail practice, negligent security, nursing, home and elder abuse, personal injury, read product liability, premises liability, slip and fall, workman's compensation, wrong for death. My man, you know, you forced me to learn more about somebody that I thought I knew.
Speaker 3: And I'm blessed to say.
Speaker 5: You're doing it all man, and you're doing it at the top of the level. But you're not doing it by yourself. You have a team. You have a law firm that's representing you. Behind the scene, you're the face.
Speaker 6: Correct, Absolutely, this is always a team effort. And now we have fifteen offices Racheon. I mean, God is truly blessing, and we are doing so many things.
Speaker 3: We're doing a.
Speaker 6: Lot of mass tort work, like we did the roundup delegation where the weed killer was Talls and non Hopkins lymphoma. And again we had more white people we represented than black people, and we were able to sell that case for millions and millions of dollars. And then also we're there well right now the hair relax of litigation with the chemical hair relaxer that affects a lot of people. And then the Johnson and Johnson where we were dealing with the Talcolm pip that would cause them women to have you know, cervical cancer, and we're dealing with that, and that is stuff that is so far beyond police brutality what people know me for. So it's just God is using you to say, I gave you this long degree, I gave you this legal education. Go make a difference for people who don't have the resources that are being marginalized. So we try to give a voice to the voiceless. And again, rashide Man, I thank you from the bottom of my heart always having a vision to see something in me that I had the time, I didn't always seeing myself.
Speaker 3: But like my mother said, don't tell me who God can.
Speaker 5: You well know that I thank you very much for that attorney Crump, you know, But like said, when I saw you walk up to that podium with the Northwestern athlete athletes, that let me know I didn't know everything I needed to know about you, which also told me I gotta do some additional branding for my brother. I just can't come on my show and just talk about all these civil rights cases that are tied to police abuse. And there's a case that you just recently won. I think it's going to be developed for a new documentary. Give us some more detail about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is a landmark in every since heard the lax. The black woman who had nineteen fifty one. John Hopkins, you know, were doing these experiments on black people, treating us like lab rats and guinea pigs. They butchered her and stole her sales because they were looking for sales, human seals that would regenerate outside the human body. And her miraculous sales and I'm not surprised that it came from a black They were the first sales in the course of human history. To regenerate outside the human body. They would regenerate every twenty four hours, and they've been doing so since nineteen fifty one, and pharmaceutical companies have used her sales for every modern advancement and medical progress in the last seventy years. If you've had a vaccine, if you've had any kind of modern medicine, if you've benefited in any way from medicine, modern medicine and research in the last seventy years, then this arguable, Rashine McDonald, that you too got some here inside you. I mean, she is the mother of modern medicine in every sense of the word. These pharmaceutical companies have made billions upon billions upon billions of dollars offer her in mortal sales. Oprah Winfrey did a movie about twelve years ago and her family, her black family, had ever received one red cent and so they came to me and asked me if I can help them, And people said, we were out of our mind. How you gonna bring a seventy year old lawsuit being crump where we bought the lawsuit under the legal precedent of unjust enrichment that you can't benefit from a wrongdoing you can't benefit from a crime. Because she died eight months later after they butchered her sales. This thirty one year old mother fought this beautiful, intelligent black woman and seventy years later with his poetic justice shine because on what would have been her one hundred and third birthday, August first, this year, twenty twenty three, the first pharmaceutical company settled with US and gave her family a confidential settlement. And so now it has paid the way that we can go out to every pharmaceutical company on Earth. And my mother asked me, as my mom reads the newspaper on everything. He said, well, babe, they said you can go suit some of the other pharmaceutical companies.
Speaker 3: Now how many more you gonna suit?
Speaker 6: And I told my mama, Mama, We're gonna suit every last one of them. And so Netflix is making a documentary. Riza from Whu Tang Clan is direct that. He's a big science nerd.
Speaker 1: I mean he also martial arts martial arts as well.
Speaker 6: Exactly, and so he's directing. And so since Silvil was so successful, you know, Hollywood saying let's run it back again.
Speaker 5: Rashona, my brother, you know when I bring you on the show. My whole goal is one to say I love you, but checking to acknowledge that'll make usige five to the day we die.
Speaker 3: And the other things.
Speaker 5: But more importantly the journey of twenty fifteen to now, you know, journey of us talking telling you, hey man, you can do it. You're telling me what your dream is possible. But today I just had to let everybody know that you're bigger than the perception that's being made by the media. Your firm protects America. That's why you are America's go to lawyer. A termament Benjamin Crump.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you, my brother. Always thank you for Sean McDonald.
Speaker 5: You know that was you think that I was talking to a younger brother, because that's how much love I have for Attorney Benjamin Crump. Such an undus guy and such a hard worker, hard work about his brand. I remember when I first saw him, like we all saw him coming to the podium Tavon Martin in Florida, that situation. You know, he was a little rough around the edges, and he called me and I met him at the at the Neighborhood Awards. That's when I first physically met him and and I sat down and I told him what I thought he could be, what he could do, what he had to do, and he listened. And I've had a great life, man. And not saying I'm dying tomorrow, but the amount of people that I sit down and I talked to and I just give him my honest thoughts about what God has presented to them and what they can take it to the next step is incredible. I know people have often said, Rey shown you need to do a document somebody need to do documentary on you. I'm not saying they need to do that. I'm just saying that when you see people, don't hate on them. If you see something got somebody has a talent, support them, uplift them because they can do something you can't do. Why would I hate on Michael Jordan. I can't dunk on him. I can't dunk like Michael Jordan. Why would I hate on Lebron James. I can't play basketball like he plays at forty one years of age? Why could Why what I hate on attorney Benjamin Crump when I saw he was doing something I could not do. And so when I look out there and I talk to people on a daily basis when I talk to people, whether it's in person on this show, is that we allow too many excuses to stop us from living our own dreams. I get tapped on the shoulders so many times by the interview I did with Tom Billio about they talk about age being an excuse, not being an excuse, because so many of us, as individuals, we hit certain points in our lives that we start building excuses so we don't achieve our dreams. It can be wait, it can be a relationship, it can be other people around you. Because I often say, don't ever let your friends, family, or co work or stop you from planning or living your dreams. Leave with your gifts. I say that a lot because those people right there, your friends, your family, and your loved ones and your co workers, their old people don't be right there, can shut you down. I can tell you that don't make any sense to me. You'll never make it. You're dreaming. That's a pipe dream, that's a fool's dream. I'm telling you right now. It been Crump, attorney Been Crump would to listen to any of those people, he will not be the person he is today. That's why whenever I interview him man. I always like to interview him, you know when he's coming off a case because he's so energized. And all you hear is energy, All you hear is love, all you hear is passion. All you hear is opportunity. Take that what you hear or what you heard in that interview and become it. Know that you five years from that, one year from now, ten years, fifteen years from now, your dreams can come true. But it has to come true with somebody believing in you. And guess what, when you listen to Money Making Conversation Masterclass, you're listening to somebody who believes in you. Listen to my show, it's for you. It's a show that I designed to give you information to win with. And every day they allow me to come on this show. I'm coming on this show give you a leg up on how to be successful. We talk soon. I want to thank my fans, I want to take my family and everybody. I also specially thank WCOKA, which is the home of my show, for allowing me to shut down the jazz music once a week to tell you the truth. We talked soon, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass Money Making Conversations Masterclass with rough Shan McDonald is produced by thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight to fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts