Speaker 1: Welcome the Guys We Find Anti Slutshamings podcast. I'm Christina Hutchinson, I'm Couren Fifer and I'm yea sool with friends.
Speaker 2: We're going up to flooding, your horning and your shame.
Speaker 3: Hey it was what?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? Greetings fuckers, how you do it? You? Okay, go to therapy.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Guys We Fuck It's the Anti slutch I mean podcast. I'm Couren Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: If you would like to.
Speaker 1: Email us, the email addresses sorry about last night's show at gmail dot com. Today's subject line no more Pastrami. This is a follow up email from the Brashtrami sandwich guy a few months ago. Oh do I remember that email?
Speaker 2: We all do it haunts us.
Speaker 1: Let me start off by saying, I appreciate the focus on men's health this month.
Speaker 2: Kudos to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you for featuring my question on episode number five forty three. I literally stopped walking during PM rush hour in Penn Station. That's a crowded one. When I realized it, it was my email being read. Here's a follow up after joining Betterhelp this is not sponsored for reasons totally unrelated to my last email. Okay, I began to learn about myself in a way I never did before. Oh shit, is this guy gonna tell us why I loves PRISTRAMI? In doing so, I realized that the reason I craved eating vagina is because deep down I needed my partner to orgasm before me. I knew at some point I would go flaccid, and at that point would deliver bad dick. But I figured if I already pleasured them enough, they would be all right with my flacidity and we'd move on to something else. After realizing and accepting this truth, I started having less desire to have sex interesting. I didn't feel as worthy or deserving. I still talk with women here and there if I meet them in the settings that are concrete to my life, like the gym or a massage studio.
Speaker 2: What per se is a massage studio?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you get in handies? I'd love to know.
Speaker 1: But I haven't gotten out of my way to meet women in the traditional way like at bars. Since the email, I've only slept with three women, and I don't currently have a desire to chase it.
Speaker 2: Chase anyone.
Speaker 1: At some point, I do plan to dive into why I go flaccid and seek medical attention if anything, but there'll be a time for that. I'm on the road now and I'm now being much more frugal. I am focusing on enhancing my career in HR, which is going on five years now, and I'm focusing on fitness.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: Fitness is a great goal if you have to focus on someone else for a while. Yeah, nothing says I have a huge problem that I'm trying not to dive into again, like getting it out finish. Every fucking of recovering addict I know is ripped. Hey, you got to be addicted to something sometimes and it's you know, the gym is I guess better shout out to Mike. I'm also back on my meds, which is just creatine and el card and Carnatine. Here's a crops photo of me and my female best friend that I mentioned in my email my last email. Oh you're so cute. Oh she's so cute too. You kind of look related, but you're both hot. Your female friend huh no, grown man wants to be your friend. My guy, what are you doing? Did you eat her pastram. She's super cute.
Speaker 2: Guys, come see us live.
Speaker 1: Our very last midnight theater show of twenty twenty three is going to be Friday, December first, at nine thirty pm at the Midnight Theater. It's me, Karem Fisher, Mikey Big, Don Costcarelli.
Speaker 2: We have fun holiday surprises for you in store.
Speaker 1: It's an interactive show and you can also watch it either in person or buy a streaming ticket, which you'll have forty eight hours to watch the show in its entirety. Head to the link in any of our bios for tickets. Together, we are at guys, we fucked without the U and fucked. I'm at Christina hutch I'm at Philanthropy Yal.
Speaker 4: And I'm at Mike Coscaret.
Speaker 1: And if you're in New Jersey, I'm going to be at the Stress Factory in New Brunswick. What are the dates? January fourth, fifth, and sixth, And those tickets are also in my bio. And as always, I host group shera Apee over Zoom four times a month at patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson and this we're talking a lot about addictions. A lot of people we got an herbalist in the group who has successfully beat a lot of addictions to herself, and she had a lot to say. All the audio from our Zoom sessions is uploaded to patreons. You can always listen to them if you can't participate, And yeah, it's a good time. You come and say whatever the fuck you want, and then you realize getting off your chest makes you less mad and sad, So sign up today.
Speaker 2: Talk to you on Zoom and Chicago.
Speaker 1: I am at Zany's Chicago December fifteenth and sixteenth with Chloe La Branch and Eric Freddie.
Speaker 2: Get those tickets now.
Speaker 1: Ticket link is up, It's in link, tree link and all my bios on social media.
Speaker 4: Can I just say too great poster?
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you it's a baseball card. Thank you Isabella for making me into a baseball card. And then also what I've been found finding with promoting the Chicago shows, there are a ton of song written about Chicago, like I always look, but like specifically like for every city that I've gone, I would say not more than l Lea most likely, but like or definitely not more than New York, but like whoa overwhelming amount of songs about Chicago that are available, and when they don't, all say Chicago in it. But I was doing a lot of research. Frank Sinatra sang a lot of songs about Chicago.
Speaker 2: A lot of songs. She hasn't multiple songs about Chicago.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: So that's that. And then.
Speaker 1: What else is I have a New Year's Eve show that the ticket link isn't up yet. But just like if you were talking about New Year's Eve plans, my yearly New Year's Eve show at New York Comedy Club East Village at six pm New Year's Eve is happening once again.
Speaker 2: Such a show. It's not booked.
Speaker 1: I don't have the ticket link up, but it'll be It'll be great because it's always great.
Speaker 2: It's a great show.
Speaker 1: And then also in Washington, d C. February twenty ninth through March, second DC Comedy Loft. Again, all these ticket links are up except for the New Year's one. But that's just like you got to know what you're doing on New Years. So I'm just telling you you have something to do if you're in New York City. And of course what's going to be at six pm? Again, that's a perfect time, yeah for a show because then you can go out and do whatever this thing you want to do. Anyway, happens earlier on New Year's Eve, so like basically every because when you think that you have to be like you're kind of like ending the night at like by twelve thirty just because everyone's like so excited to get to the ball drop. So it's like the earliest night of the year. Well for I guess we'll tell people it's late and then uh yeah, of course. Listen to Without a Country. We've been getting some really interesting interviews this week. We're talking about ethics and journalism, which is a passion topic of mine, So make sure to tune in on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts. Right guys, rounding out Masculinity month, Baby, Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Do I have them? Man Hero for you. He's he.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's the lead vocalist and one of the most one of the greatest rock bands ever.
Speaker 2: I've seen him live a couple times.
Speaker 1: The last time I saw him live at Madison Square Garden, he had broken his leg and he performed the entire show sitting down on a wooden box, and it was one of the greatest concerts I've ever seen. And to be I said this a couple months, maybe like a year ago, after seeing that concert. It's like Beyonce for straight guys. I've never experienced a vibe of men just so happy and wanting to express their fucking feelings. He promotes left wing politics and opposition to corporate America. He fucking hates corporate America and he's not shy about that. And I just love a man who's an activist and not shy about it. And he does not like the military industrial complex and government oppression. Those are the three main things that he involves himself in. And of course the band is rage against the Machine, and the man hero is Zacharias Manuel de la Rosha. I love you, and I don't think you got me too. I didn't want to look it up, but because he's just so perfect in my eyes. He expresses himself so beautifully, and he's a poet, he's like a spoken word artist. This motherfucker is so this is right up your eye. If someone wrote I feel the same way.
Speaker 2: I love poet men pets, well good, yes, the.
Speaker 1: Same way men shied away from our profiles on RYO when we had comedians in the bio that's how I feel about spoken word artist.
Speaker 2: Send me your spoken word man, I will I will date them.
Speaker 1: Someone sent me a poem once, but it was like an erotic poem a listener of the show, and I said, I, if you ever send me anything like this again, I'm reporting you to the FBI.
Speaker 2: Absolutely inappropriate for everybody. No, but it works on me. Don't write a poem about my fu pussy incentives to me. That's that.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't like. You got to know me like that to do a poetry. I'm trying to fox with you on that level. No.
Speaker 2: No rotic poetry from strangers.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad you brought up the me too because I don't know if you read into me too. But I mean P Diddi's p p diddies me too with from Cassie. Fucking insane. Okay, the allegation, now, this makes me feel uncomfortable, But also what could we have done?
Speaker 2: We already knew about this. I didn't. I didn't know about it. Yeah, we interviewed somebody at Serious XM.
Speaker 1: I guess I wasn't listening, uh well, and he told me the guy that I was sassing the whole time pancakes. Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, So I was so, I was so stunned by everything that came out of his mouth. I think it was because I have no recollection of like that specifically. I mean, I'm sure I commented on it, but like I interview in totality.
Speaker 2: Was so it set women back so far. Yeah, he wasn't a feminist. I'm still recovering for sure.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he told us.
Speaker 1: He told us about Cassie because I remember I always thought she was the most beautiful woman ever. She's so gorgeous, and I just loved her songs always since I was in middle school. And I remember when he told us about a couple of rappers off air and he said the thing about Pee Diddy, he basically, but I was like, I mean, what could we have done? And then also, yes, you're right, the interview was absolutely ridiculous. So I'm like, I mean, I kind of think it's true, but I don't know. I don't trust this guy for accurate info. However, he said it was because p Diddy is gay, and I remember that, and Cassie lives at his house and it's basically like his his fucking he abuses her and he yeah, like he's this is all allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's allegedly.
Speaker 1: I mean he told us allegedly that this happened, but that she was under contract and she had to stay with him. He's gay, he wanted to protect his sexuality or whatever the fuck he wanted to have it, like you know, the gay guys always get the hottest girlfriends. Well, you knew it had to be true because basically all the allegations surface because and the reason why it surface. At this time, I was watching a news report about it. There was a new law introduced that like a like an Adult Survivor's Act, it's called and so it changed the time constraints which allowed Cassie to file this lawsuit against Sean Combs, and then many other people followed suit immediately against him or just in general, because like there was some people who the statute of limitations had passed and they couldn't. And probably now that you're reminding me about this contract that she had for him, allegedly being like having a hit her as his beard, which is the common Hollywood practice by one hundred percent, believe it. Yeah, that's who Cassie would be.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got a beard was a type of gay guy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, a beard is a straight woman who is moonlighting as a.
Speaker 2: Girl front to a gay man.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, so that's what Cassie was acting as for Sean Combs if if the story that that other guy told us is correct, and so she yeah, so she followed that too because of the Adult Survivors Act, and many other people followed. UH filed lawsuits this week as well, and like so the day everything was announced, literally twenty four hours later, they had settled out of court. Wow, it's already gone and it's already done. And yeah, I know you So I mean that that right there tells you it was so bad and it was true, and I mean there was like there was like sex trafficking allegations in there as well, and like share sex stuff kind of like similar to what Melby accused her ex husband of from The Spice Girls, like force like forcing her to engage in sexual situations like in front of him.
Speaker 2: Who the fuck knows what he was like.
Speaker 1: You know doing I very specifically, once he told us that, I was like, I'll never go at that.
Speaker 2: And that's fucking awful because it really stuck out to me that.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, he's like, that's why now that you say somebody because they're like kind of desperately trying to protect their masculinity. Yeah, he's angry and he I remember this guy that we had interviewed at Sirius who told us this was like he seemed shook.
Speaker 2: Over how abusive did he was to Cassie.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wait, wait, who wha, whoa, whoa, this is just a casual drop.
Speaker 2: You're just telling us what the fuck? That's terrible, right.
Speaker 1: And that guy and that's and that's that that's astounding because that guy had certainly didn't have respect women. No no, no, no, no, like stacking them up like pancakes and yelling syrup. Is he just I think after that interview, I must have turned my ears off.
Speaker 2: I don't blame you. Yeah, I was extremely difficult for me to get through that. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just like, bad, damn dude, you're really saying this stuff and okay, that's your lifestyle. It's incredible how often guests will tell us really big things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: He told us about another rapper who was not straight, and I was like, what the fuck appears like he he made it seem like, man, there's a lot of guy rappers that are gay that really don't want to be gay. I'm like, just be gay obviously that's easier or not accepted. And they in the in the rap community, still in the gay community. Yeah, I mean that's why little Nash love making, you know. And but the thing is, like he's he gets a lot of flack if you look at his like Instagram or his Twitter like for being especially so.
Speaker 2: Overtly homosexual and so feminine and his.
Speaker 1: Love Chappelle's bit about how when he came out with the Old Town Road Song with Billy Ray Cyrus and then it was such a big hit and he wasn't he wasn't out to his to the public yet, and then he was like, gotcha, I'm gay, right, And he's like, man, that's a good one. That's a good he said, you were gay? Yeah, Oh my god, all right. And then so going into Matt mena celebration. I also saw this uh opinion guests essay in the New York Times this week, and it said, why aren't more people marrying?
Speaker 2: Ask women what dating is?
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to read the whole thing. But I think, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just talks about how specifically heterosexual marriage is on the decline. This is not so for all other forums of marriage. So obviously, when heterosexual marriage is on the decline.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, why do we think that is?
Speaker 1: What? Because women don't want to get married anymore? And why don't we want to get married anymore?
Speaker 2: Sticky is shit.
Speaker 1: It's almost like we realize what a bad business deal it is for us, like I've been saying, and I'm interested. Clementinine Ford actually just came out out with a book. She's released a book last month called I Don't that I can't wait to sink my teeth into. And you know, it's full of of like just hardcore stats about like the actual how it sets us behind, how it's not helpful to us, how it was for at least the past thousand years. It's a structure that just does not serve us, our straight women. So I'm sure there'll be more in that. But the chunk of this article that I found interesting says, for as long as people have been promoting marriage, they have also been observing that a good man is hard to find. See William Julius Wilson or early Nora Ephron. But what was once dismissed as the complaint of picky women is now supported by a raft of data. The same pundits plugging marriage also bemoan the crisis among men and boys. Right, So the same people who are saying, like, uh, it's it's ruining the structure of society that we were not getting married, they also are finally acknowledging like there's a problem with men and boys in this country what has come to be known as quote male drift, men turning away from college, dropping out of the workforce, or failing to look after their health.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest one in my life.
Speaker 1: How many, like every dad in every family is just like they don't look after the health. And then I just watched the mom's stress. How that happened in my family, all my family. My dad's dead because of it. Yeah, I mean, and it's and I'm actually not even just talking about physical health.
Speaker 2: I'm also talking about mental health.
Speaker 1: I would say, in it with with our age group, with the people I know, almost every man is in like a severe state of poor mental health.
Speaker 2: Not you, Mike, you, but you work on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you got big dong, but basically all our friends and have Obviously it's because you know, I'm and mental illness is more prevalent in our in our workspace than others. Yes, but almost every man I know is like in severe of severe mental health crisis for the totality of me knowing them, yeah yeah, and doing really little to nothing to make it. None of these people I'm thinking of, one of them isn't therapy. Yeah, but he's like he's several generations younger, but like the ones in their thirties forties just not doing the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, right, I wonder why and it's not.
Speaker 1: And there's also so many I was getting mad on the train thinking of preparing for this episode because it's like, it's even if you don't want to go to therapy or even if you don't think that's for you, because like, for a long time, I didn't go to therapy and I didn't need I didn't felt like I needed to until something came up where I felt like I need to do and then I went right, But because I just didn't think like a bad breakup was necessary enough and I actually stand by that, but then I was like, well we started this podcast, though, like I didn't just sit around going like I'm going to do nothing to help this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: So then it says there's a person in an article that we're talking about previously. But miss CARNEI, for example, acknowledges that improving men's economic position, especially men without college degrees, is an important step towards making them more attractive partners. But even this nod ignores the qualitative aspect of the dating experience, the part that's hard to cover in surveys or address with policy. Daniel Cox, a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute who recently surveyed more than five thousand Americans about dating and relationships, found that nearly half of college educated women said they were single because they had trouble finding someone who meets their expectations, versus one third of men. The in depth interviews, he said, were even more dispiriting. And this is a man talking for variety of reasons, mixed messages from the broader culture about toughness and vulnerability, the activity oriented nature of male friendships. So they're playing ball, they're not talking. It seems that by the time men begin dating, they are relatively limited in their ability and willingness to be fully emotionally present and available.
Speaker 2: He said, Navigating.
Speaker 1: Interpersonal relationships in a time of evolving gender norms and expectations requires a level of emotional sensitivity that I think some men probably just lack or they don't have the experience. He added, he had recently read about this part actually made me cry. He had recently read about a high school creative writing assignment in which boys and girls were asked to imagine a day from the perspective of the opposite sex. While girls wrote detailed essays showing they had already spent significant time thinking about the subject, many boys simply refused to do the exercise or did so resentfully what I believe it to me that sentence also explains why men make fun of female comedians. They do because they have absolutely no interest. Again broad statement. I'm not saying this about all of you. Many men have no interest in how we live, learning how we live, or spending a day in our shoes, and that is a huge problem. And that made me so sad. I literally cried on the subway when I read that sentence. I said that fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: At high school age. Damn yep.
Speaker 1: Mister Cox likened that to heterosexual relationships today the girls do extra and the boys do little or nothing. And again, that's a mister who said that marriage proponents often contrast the stable relationship patterns of the college educated with the instability of the less educated. But a bachelor's degree is hardly a guarantee of a ring. The Yale anthropologist Marsha Einhorn's recent book Motherhood on Ice, The Mating Gap and Why Women Freeze their Eggs argues that educated women freeze their eggs because they're unable to find a suitable male partner. So it's not that we're too bad you working on a courier. It's that we've looked and we couldn't find anyone. She points to a large gap between the number of college educated women and college educated men during their reproductive years, on the order of several million. But miss Einhorn's book goes beyond these quantitative mismatches to document the qualitative experience of women who are actively searching for partners, the frustration, hurt, and disappointment. Almost without exception, she writes, women in the study were trying hard to find a loving partner, mostly through dating sites and apps. Women in their late thirties reported online agism. Others described removing their PhD from their profiles as to not intimidate potential dates, and I thought of you and me, removing comedian or am and still others found that men were often commitment averse. The behaviors were ubiquitous enough that Miss Einhorn compiled a sort of a taxonomy of cads, such as the alpha males who want to be challenged by work, not by their partners or the.
Speaker 2: Quote and they do put it in quotes.
Speaker 1: Polyamorous men who claim that there are multiple attachments to women are all committed. Her breakdown table one point one in the book reads like a rigorous, academic aversion of all the complaints you've ever heard from your single female friends. One of these friends with whom I went to college with like nothing more to be married. She's beautiful and successful and not as not as far as I can tell, overly picky.
Speaker 2: Well, this part I'm going.
Speaker 1: To skip over because this is it's written by a woman, and this is fucked up. But from the description I can tell, I'm pretty sure her friend's not hot.
Speaker 2: And that's a problem. So I write between the lines for that on you.
Speaker 1: But it's like, oh, she's asking her male friends to set her up on dates and her male friends are like, no one's good enough for you. And the writer interprets this as as men just hanging out with people who are subpar, and I'm like, nah, your friend's not hot.
Speaker 2: I can read through this really clearly because I was like.
Speaker 1: Actually, mine friends, uh, many of whom are our dirt bags, are always begging me to set me up with someone because they get so frustrated with who I choose right right, right, And so I'm pretty sure that's not the case by the language that they're using.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, And the rest goes into like childcare and stuff. But I thought, uh, this was that that was the most interesting part of that, that guest piece, and it's someone who specializes in writing about you know, gender and gender dating and reproduction specifically.
Speaker 2: That is very interesting. That's such a bummer about that.
Speaker 1: The statistic regarding the high school essay, Yes, Christ, yeah, you ever have.
Speaker 2: Like and I never I'm like, is this a myth? And this isn't really true?
Speaker 1: But I have like a couple of friends who they were seeing somebody they were kind of like one was kind of dating down a little bit, and uh, and she's fantastic. She's like a breath of fresh air. She hurts just her personality's so fun. She's like mystical and thought, not like woo, she's not really woo woo, but she's just like great energy, mystical, you know, know, a mystical lated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great. Men do love a myxical lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She's kind of like a Man of Pixie dreamgirl ish, like kind of gal sure, super cute. And this guy that she was seeing like just kind of like faded away and ghosted her. But they'd seen each other for a while and when she was like I like this person, I was like, oh, lucky him, man, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: And then he just like.
Speaker 1: Stopped talking to her. And that happened with another girlfriend of mine. And I'm like, but in both those situations, my my immediate reaction, I'm like, maybe this is me being glass half full.
Speaker 2: I still think this.
Speaker 1: I was like, I think the guys seem to be like intimidated by how fantastic you were and that they couldn't live up to it. But I'm like, is that a thing that happens. I mean, I I throw that around, but Michael thoughts, I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, it's never that. I don't think then ever think that way.
Speaker 1: Like they're like, I can't be I can't be as great as this person is so I can show up in the relationships.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonnail, I disagree.
Speaker 1: I think maybe you've never thought that but for yourself, But I actually disagree that. I think i've I've heard, like whether or not your male friend's voice that to you.
Speaker 2: I think the male guy ever knows a lot of.
Speaker 1: Men I know definitely have a I'm not good enough and it's deep yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they're not usually the ones that pull the plug. I don't think I think men feel I don't think men can feel that in a relationship.
Speaker 4: But like christ, men don't feel.
Speaker 1: Good enough to me, those are the people who won't break up with you, but just stop showing up in the relationship until you dump them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's kind of what's happened.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what happened to my one friend. I'm like, he just like faded away, and it.
Speaker 5: Was fading away meeting, like he literally just stopped talking to her. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean I think I like it's more. I do think mc krinn is probably a little more on the nose. I mean, like that happened to me in a relationship, obviously, and like him, I didn't I very much felt that way, like really not that I wasn't good enough for her, but I think that her, you know, at a time in my life where I was not very professionally accomplished, and I didn't.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't come from money to grow up around money.
Speaker 2: So I think that's why she stopped being as interested in you, of though, or is.
Speaker 1: That did she ever say that to you?
Speaker 2: Or is that your assessment?
Speaker 1: Because this is the thing we assume this, you know, this whole show is based on the assumptions that we make when a breakup happens that we never actually talk about with the other person.
Speaker 5: She has told me, she has said that that was not a reason at all. But I don't believe that, and I don't believe that because.
Speaker 2: Of this, she might not want to be honest about that.
Speaker 5: Well, I just think the sample size post our relationship proves to the contrary. She dated, Yeah, yeah, it's all people that have had, you know, a ton of a ton of money and sort of like live closer to the life style that she lived when she was growing up, which was affluent.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna argue that though, And it's such a common tactic though after a breakup happens when you're in pain. The number one thing people do is date the complete opposite of the partner that they actually liked who the who and the partner who they actually liked is often uh similar more similar to who they will end up with long term. Right. That's that's a hunt. That's a like that's like a proven study.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, maybe I don't.
Speaker 5: And I'm just using my example as one example, and I think that that is like like in my case, uh, I think.
Speaker 1: More realistically, you felt insecure about where you were in your relationship, and you're thinking that must be the reason, and was shining a spotlight on your own like as relationships do on where we need to work on in our own insecurities. I am actually thinking that she didn't really think that way about you.
Speaker 5: I think it was probably a mix, if we had to like come down to it, because you're you're definitely right that was a big part of it for me, and I've worked on that and through that.
Speaker 1: Because you're not like a lazy person. Like it's like, but it wasn't about laziness. It was about actual money, having actual things, like living a comfortable life, and like when she and I were shy, like like in terms of like where we lived and lived together. We lived together, we had money roommates. I mean, she grew up with money. She came from a family that had a lot of cash. And obviously we were talking about.
Speaker 5: My situation yesterday Christina, like the two bedroom apartment for teenager shared, like I was nearly in squalor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was complimenting Mike and how I'm so impressed that he hasn't lost his fucking ship with all the stress he's been under. And I like witness him just kind of like take things and like the flood and the ship, and I'm like, how are you able to deal with this? And not you're not even you don't even have an ounce of shortness in your tone. I'm really Also, I didn't realize he shared a room. Is that okay? With his two sisters?
Speaker 2: Really? He loves to talk about it. You might have mentioned on the podcast, but it just didn't dawn on me. I'm like, over here sets every morning.
Speaker 5: Literally we slept, we slept in three beds across and it took up the whole room until you got.
Speaker 1: That amazing opportunity to go to Walker's Factory.
Speaker 2: It was to change your life myself.
Speaker 1: But I cannot imagine growing up up until fifteen sixteen, Harever old you were with not fourteen, with not my own bedroom, Like the amount of healing I did alone in my room from age zero to fifteen, Oh my god, Like I cannot tell you how vital that was to my existence today. Like it's truly being alone in my room was like a huge party. Isn't like a Monica song like sitting there lotting up.
Speaker 2: In Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah yeah it was was that Brandy Uh sorry, I was like Brandy and Monica had it was like Christina and Brittany. It's like that was whose song was And I don't even remember that was a great song. But yeah, I also had a song about being in a room alone, in your room alone, yeah right, but yeah, just not having that like whoa, that's crazy that you're not irritable, like I'm very impressed.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 5: That's I think Kurran and I have talked about that a ton where it's like the households that we grew up in.
Speaker 4: You they're just you know you.
Speaker 1: You can't have a problem, right, you can either like you actually you're getting in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have problems, but I did anyway, and then no one listened to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, that's what to something. That whole thing up. I do think, I do think it happens. But I don't think a lot of guys like bail on a situation because they look at what's going on and they say this woman is like too good for me or what. I do think men have streaks of insecurities.
Speaker 1: I think their behavior within the relationship. Let's lets you know that they are intimidated by you, not so much like the ending of the relationship. Yeah, and and also regardless across the board, if the woman was like really hot, they wouldn't leave the person. Like it's like, yeah, like intimidating, like as a person and you're so like you're a woman of the world and you're really successful and all this shit, but like if you're like smoking hot. Like I've never seen a guy care for a second about how the woman was or if the woman was better than him. He wanted to because there's a lot of guys that we know, I feel like they have women that are a lot hotter than them that they like kind of you know, prance around like a prize, which I mean, God bless you, I would too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I mean that's the norm. Yeah, like everyone's it's a dream. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you're good looking, like I mean, like so when you're you're the when you've reached the level of good looking that you've reached, Like how much hotter can the girl really be? I mean like a perfect body maybe, but like no one, no one's no, You're never going to show up with anyone and be like, wow, that guy's ugly. You know, you just reached the level of good looking. That's good looking enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I think this kind of circles back. You're welcome, thank you. I think complimenting this.
Speaker 1: Month so hard on Mike. I try to give a compliment, wasn't even acknowledged.
Speaker 4: I just it's almost like I missed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you love he loves that, he loves to be.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: But I think that that's that's that is where that's where this gets even more complicated, because I think that there's when you get to a level where you feel like you can be with a certain tier of caliber of women. And I'm sure women feel this way about men too. Uh that tier eventually it goes up another level and you go from I can I can date really gorgeous women who are accomplished and do great things. But if I can date them, maybe I can date models, or maybe I can date whatever. And you just start I think you just start adding to each tears. Yeah, and you just start chasing this dragon that like doesn't exist. So all of a sudden, like you might be in you might be dating in your range that you're supposed to be in as a man. But then you start getting confident, in full of yourself, and then you start thinking that those women aren't good enough for you. I feel like you should you should try to swing farther for the fences.
Speaker 1: I would love to interview all the men who have dated a model and when they realize that that didn't make their life better, Like, how how they handle that? Well? I think it's kind of like also a little bit about what I discovered about myself over the summer is like.
Speaker 2: Are you dating for you or are you dating like other people for other people?
Speaker 1: Like it's like you got a nice car. That's sometimes I date like I got a nice.
Speaker 2: Car, right, And so that's the wrong reason.
Speaker 1: And I think and I think like for men to impress other men, a model is much more impressed live to other men than a woman with a PhD. You can't see a PhD. You'd have to speak to her, and men don't like doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and then the other the other weird thing about uh so, I like I had that could.
Speaker 2: Be the would you rather for our guests? What PhD? Woman of the PhD? Or mode?
Speaker 1: You know, everyone likes to not come on this show because they got they're going to trick us, and we go, no, we're not, Yes, we fuck it?
Speaker 2: Are men a celebrations?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a trick.
Speaker 1: We're just simply asking them a question and they can choose to answer truthfully or not.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, in my experience, the women that are like in that world, but they're like like models are like adjacent to that. The lifestyle that they live is so much more stressful in my opinion what I was exposed to as opposed to like the women that are like even the women that are taking the bar, like doing the things like that.
Speaker 2: It's a model lifestyle more stressful. I remember, please tell me more.
Speaker 1: Yeah what so there was well can't eat no, no, no, I think, I mean that is going to put I think I think being a guy trying to sort of like entice somebody of that caliber.
Speaker 5: There was a there was a girl I think it was two summers ago that I like, like had like a tiny little fling, very short fling with yeah, not a thing, gorgeous, one of the most beautiful women that I've ever probably been with, and I I was interested in getting to know her and trying. I don't know if she was felt that way about me, but like we I was interested in that. And then the more I started to like get to know her a little bit, the more I was like, this is I can't handle this.
Speaker 2: What can't you handle about it?
Speaker 4: Because she's just.
Speaker 5: Like she's on the caliber where people are like flying her places all the time.
Speaker 2: The male competition.
Speaker 5: She's always in Paris and like like the south of France and.
Speaker 2: Very sought after by other men for the most part.
Speaker 5: Well in a way then like the way you competit. The way the competition is that you like like pick a location and fly somebody out somewhere and like like I just fit.
Speaker 4: I can't do that. I'm not on that. You know, I'm not on that level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brin Fisher, no one's ever flown me anywhere.
Speaker 1: What's up, boys, Christina Hutchinson, I've flown somewhere to surprise somebody.
Speaker 2: They didn't like it. Oopsy, Where did I need to hear about this? Off airs? Sometimes you go to la because you know guys going to be there. Hilarious, So was the old mais. I don't think I ever heard about this. I've been on a country.
Speaker 1: No, not in the country, but I've been on boats and stuff. That's in my twenties. You just get on a boat. I forget what comic I think it was. Dan soder Has like girls can just be on boats, like I want to be on a boat.
Speaker 2: They're just on a boat. That's very true. Yeah, but then like we're forced into oral sex stand so it's not.
Speaker 1: That great, right the bit or Yeah, a friend who's hotter just make her do it right.
Speaker 4: The case of me.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our hotter friends. Thanks for giving those girl, Thank you for taking that heat. You taking that pipe? Damn all right? Uh do you have do you want to do it?
Speaker 1: Dan? I think I think they texted me. They're on there, so I think we'll save it. It's more appropriate for not a not man momth okay, perfect, All right, guys. We're very excited for our guests this evening this day. One is a stand up comedian with his stand up special Mother of the Year, which is now available on YouTube. The other is also a stand up comedian with a special Don't be yourself.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show. Dugie and Mark Normand I can't tell you how love me.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you if you don't.
Speaker 2: Understand. But I don't thank.
Speaker 1: You, no line and then what stalk me?
Speaker 3: Just say thank you?
Speaker 5: And by.
Speaker 2: Lot sound love just time? Oh God? Do that song in Loder.
Speaker 1: Eh go on to.
Speaker 2: I Still Love you?
Speaker 1: Then wanting, I still want you, don't want? Please?
Speaker 2: Please let me take my name? And I think.
Speaker 1: They all right, guys, we are here with Dunkey and Mark Norman.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. To have you boy.
Speaker 1: Ye here we were talking before the mice chromos referencing like a petty, like common prank that women would do of like when you're in high school and you're like, do you like Stephanie and the girls like no, and then Stephanie there was a three way call like Stephanie's on the line, and it made me want to ask you, guys, do guys.
Speaker 2: Do ship that that? That's that petty either in middle school or in your adult life.
Speaker 6: No, it's a lot more direct. Yeah, I hate my sister. Yeah, a lot of that stuff you'd get tackled. Yeah, you know, there wasn't a ton of this manipulative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't like a prank, but like that's how we asked each other out in middle school was like your friend would call your home, phoney, will you go out with with?
Speaker 2: Or something like a representative of call.
Speaker 1: But you guys hated that, right what that represents?
Speaker 4: I was. I was psyched at lunch. We didn't exchange any words.
Speaker 2: A little bit of your.
Speaker 4: No, this is middle school.
Speaker 3: I was just like, I have a girlfriend, I don't know what to do. We not at each other at the lockers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also have this. Oh I love awkward fingers. I like fingering.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I like awkward thing. I like it because it was the introduction to like fingering, you know what I mean? So like the singer being down there, fingering was in your in the cards a little later, right.
Speaker 6: Not in the vagina. I thought the vagina was right here. Yeah, I thought it was like in the front, like a dick. I was so clueless.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, of course you would grow up going, well, you guys have what I remember the first time when I was a kid that I saw penis and I was like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 2: It started? Were you startled when you first saw vagina?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I was still started the first time I saw a big penis.
Speaker 4: Like that was still?
Speaker 1: When was the first time you saw a big penis, like an adult penis when you.
Speaker 2: Were Yeah, said a huge, huge, like the first time of your child.
Speaker 4: God, we cleared that up, wit. Who was the big day?
Speaker 1: Was your dad? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The first stick a guy see, dad's usually right, but still and the first stick of girl see is a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, I mean, but if you don't have if you're not living in a mansion as I was not, like.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're just gonna yeah to the wrong door at the wrong time. Was the first vagina you guys saw your mom's No, because.
Speaker 3: Vaginas are hard. Yeah, unless you're in the shower and you get a good look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you're in the shower shower.
Speaker 1: I showered with my dad. I remember when I was like a little little like four or five. I was like, what's that thing hanging between your legs? He's like, I don't know, And I was like, what the fuck, dude, don't fucking play.
Speaker 2: Me like that. Then I see it. Did you speak back gas lit? Because it's just right there I should have. Yes, it was eye level first vagina.
Speaker 4: I think it was the first.
Speaker 6: I mean it's probably porn, oh okay, yeah, but up close was probably magazines like Internet.
Speaker 1: I was like, not Internet porn, because you were we we kind of escape that, which, honestly, I feel very lucky about it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure as a man.
Speaker 1: Like that totally changes your view of women, because when I watch too much porn, everyone's just a fuck toy walking around, Like I can't imagine what men, how men reinterpret human women after watching a lot of porn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I think a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know younger generations, I feel like they're just growing up with it where it's becoming normal.
Speaker 2: That's a problem. Yeah, death grip.
Speaker 4: It's fun, but it's problem.
Speaker 2: You don't get sick of porn ever.
Speaker 1: I used to be really really into porn in college and then I just then year by year, I just got more and more disinterested because the thing and.
Speaker 3: Over again became like not even for pleasures, like just I got to go to bed. Yeah, it was a nightly routine, not like a kink.
Speaker 2: Kind of porn.
Speaker 1: You guys like by damage, It just changes, it evolves the season.
Speaker 6: Porn is school as you find ship you didn't know you like, right, Oh, yes, scenario in the fifties. I don't think I had that. Nobody is like I guess I like anal kiddling or whatever. Yeah, no, whatever shows up, soup of the day, you know, really this homepage super Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't search. I don't go to a search bar. Wow, I don't either go to a few pages deep.
Speaker 2: What catches your eye? Body?
Speaker 4: Two guys interesting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like I like a girl who looks like when you know, that's always fun because you want to get as personal as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about it is hotter to masturbate to somebody that you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I guess I was going to say, in your mind.
Speaker 1: But also I guess if you find a porn with a person that looks like them, yeah, that's that.
Speaker 3: Women like celebrities that look like them. I have noticed a reoccurring trend with that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: All the celebrities I like are like have the same like skin tone and hair colors.
Speaker 3: And every girl EVE ever been with that's entertained a three way has the criteria was had to look like her.
Speaker 2: I love this. See it's not just me everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, She's like it's got to be. I'm like, what kind of girl do you like?
Speaker 3: She's like kind of like me, which I think because it's like the least amount of removed from because if.
Speaker 1: It's something different that she doesn't have. Oh, I was like, that seems like an insecurity tactic. I was like, mine's par narcissism.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, mine was like cold, just so I can make my dream of fucking myself come true, which is a completely different. I understand what you're saying that because I was like, wow, okay, okay, that makes sense. Yeah interesting, But that that that, to me, is actually the most dangerous approach for a woman because if a guy is likely, the guy is most likely to fall in love with someone like who Like, he has a type, right, so if you introduce a similar type, what if she's better in bed, more likable? That is dangerous. I would go complete officite. It's like interesting for the guy, but not like his actual type. Like this weekend, I was having a conversation with my guy friend's comics dirt bag people, and they were like, I could never take living with a natural blonde.
Speaker 2: Seriously, are these the kind of discussions you guys have.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: They were like, I could never I've never dated a natural blonde for more than a few months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's just a personal.
Speaker 1: You know, two random guys that, like, two different guys from two different walks of life both.
Speaker 2: Had that these guys are gay. Wait do they just not they're not attracted to blonde? No, they are attracted to them.
Speaker 1: They said they can't take them seriously, it's like long term partners.
Speaker 2: WHOA. I was like, what that's like an old.
Speaker 3: I definitely transition from uh from liking blondes to brunette's uh huh like in my twenties, for sure the least controversial transition.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is, But was there like what was? Was there more to it in your mind than just like I like this now?
Speaker 4: I like that know what it was?
Speaker 3: I think I started getting into more like I don't know, Like we just talked about porn categories like latina and I'm like, oh, okay, burnettes are yeah, little curves and a lot of the blonds weren't cutting it time, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well cardboard butts, cardboard booty. What everyone's evolved, right, and what you want to evolves?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kind of woman that makes you horny of all the kind of man that the kind.
Speaker 2: Of situation evolves. True, which is kind of fun.
Speaker 6: You know, I still like kids, but you know, when you're married, Yeah, when you're married, you're like, look at that stool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because everything different is hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's so funn Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was talking to a married comic at Skankfest and he was telling me, yeah, being married does make you kind of want to fuck everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh nightmare.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, your mark, you're married since last time we interviewed many years ago, and now you want to fuck stools?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you always wanted to couches, you can't stools.
Speaker 4: You're like, yeah, is that a cushion top? Oh boy? You know so yeah, that's just how it goes.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you? How do you tame that?
Speaker 1: Because for some reason, like I don't as horny as I am, Like, when I'm with somebody that I really like, I almost wish I would attract other people.
Speaker 2: I'm annoyingly not. But if I was, I don't that would be hard to handle. Yeah, that would be tough.
Speaker 6: It was tough in the beginning because you know, I was so not used to that. So I had to do the same where I chant, I channel all that horniness to her. Yeah, so she gets really beaten up plows. Yeah, It's it's like a Rihanna video.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just just raining everywhere Chris browning her. Oh yeah yeah, not really hitting her. I mean we know you're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are dumb listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, funny how that works?
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: So this is our last episode of Masculinity bunth and I wanted to ask each of you, like, how has your relationship, what is your opinion on masculinity and you're in your experiences with it, like what what is your opinion of masculinity?
Speaker 2: And what type of man would you say you are?
Speaker 4: Yikes, I usually don't even get called a man. Yeah, I have my mother's hands. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's like they say toxic mexiculinated. That's the term that's obviously way more prevalent now, but it truly is when it's like when the guys are like, you know, the Oakley Sunglass guys are like, you know, I don't know. I can't get down with like the.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just don't.
Speaker 3: It's not important to me, like being a good boyfriend, being a good partner, being good dad, Like that's masculinity.
Speaker 4: It's not. It's not like how much you can bend, sure you know what you believe?
Speaker 2: How much can you bunch a lot?
Speaker 4: Right? Man's man? All right? I do value weightlifting?
Speaker 1: Were you taught anything about masculinity? Like where's your dad? Like, son, a man does this? Because my mom never was like a woman does this. We would hear a lady does this, but that was always like stop, don't be a whore.
Speaker 2: That was the tone of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I definitely had a lot of that. Hey you're a man, suck it up.
Speaker 4: Be a man. Here's a big one. Yeah, be a man. But that was about it.
Speaker 6: You know, you got to provide, you gotta protect a woman, you gotta open the door, all that. I'm from the South, all that chivalry shit, you know, growing up, which is tough because I think a lot of ladies won't admit this, but they talk about toxic masculinity men or ship whatever. But I think a lot of women like men men, you know. Like a friend of mine, she's like, I dated a guy who got pegged and I couldn't see him the same after that. And I'm like, oh, that's kind of fucked up, but I get it.
Speaker 1: See that's my kind of guy. I'm like, yeah, guy who's just yes, who's open like.
Speaker 4: You like that? Yes, so not even submissive, just open to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even if he did, even if he fucking hated it, the fact that he tried it, I'm like, that's sexy and we could do like weird shit together.
Speaker 2: Later if we wanted to.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 2: That's what that says to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my ex girlfriend's like, if you ever blew a guy, we'd be done.
Speaker 1: Real. Yeah, that's her, that's a parameter thing. That's a conversation you needed to have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was looking, I was at rest, it was over. It was like a drunk conversation that it was just shooting the ship.
Speaker 1: And it came up well because I did a pretty like typical man's man and I remember on one of our first dates, he told me that he got a blow job, like kind of randomly from a trans woman, and I thought, I thought it was so cool that he felt comfortable enough sharing that story with me, because that story was a gamble on like dat d yeah fuck Yeah, you guys.
Speaker 6: Are the right gals to tell you guys are open sexual fun.
Speaker 4: But I don't know about every girl.
Speaker 2: No, but I agree with you because I'm like, I straight up like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like I don't like eating animals, but when men say they don't eat animals, I'm like, what I called myself out on it because a couple of convers on our yeah, months ago, we did like kind of like a list of things we're looking for and a guy and I was like, I want them to respect animals but still eat their flesh.
Speaker 2: I just won't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what's great about vegeta vegan or no, no, no vegetarian. Vegetarian tend to be pretty uh uh what's the word cooler? Yeah, cooler, But like other activists, you have to be exactly like I am, but vegetarian instead to be pretty forgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do it, you do your thing.
Speaker 1: I'll do mine well because you just it's just about, like I think, getting more people interested in caring about animals. Even today, someone was like, I was talking about animal rights and someone was like, have you.
Speaker 2: Gone vegan yet?
Speaker 1: And I was like no, because you you're the type of person who's vegan and everyone hates you and people know. Like I'm like, I'm working on, like, you know, having people use mascara that wasn't tested on a pig. That's step one before you stop eating bacon. Like I'm not, I'm not trying to push.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't expect people to take eighteen steps. Sure immediately, it's just not gonna happen. Like, you have to be realistic about the change you.
Speaker 2: Want to see.
Speaker 4: You're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you guys have both each done a pretty adult thing.
Speaker 2: Mark you got married, Doug, you're expecting a bait.
Speaker 4: I'm expecting a child.
Speaker 1: You're entering this new stage of your life. You've entered this new stage of your life. Like I wanted to ask each of you, like Mark, like with marriage, what did you have any expectations? Like guys think about a wedding Like I'm always every time I talk to a couple and they're getting married, like, the guy's like, I don't know whatever she wants to do, and then the woman does the thing.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, you got no say.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you literally don't have a preference, then that's one thing. But if he did have a preference and she's ignoring it, that's another thing.
Speaker 6: So no, it was it was an issue. I was like, I don't really get marriage.
Speaker 2: I put it.
Speaker 4: I put it on the tables, like, I don't really get it. You want to do it.
Speaker 6: I think it's antiquated and a little silly to bring the government into this and sign paperwork and everybody gets fucked in the end usually and fifty percent don't work.
Speaker 2: But that's fair.
Speaker 4: I love you, it makes.
Speaker 6: You happy, YadA YadA, I'll do it, but I'm not I'm not doing the wedding.
Speaker 2: It's all you. Yeah, is that how you proposed?
Speaker 6: I was all on one day and she was like, okay, kind of bummer because I think everybody wants the fairy tale shit and uh, but this is.
Speaker 4: Who you like.
Speaker 2: You gotta be, Yeah, he gotta be you.
Speaker 6: And so she was like, all right, I'll and you know, in that moment, she was kind of like, I'll do everything, no worry about because you know, dorphins are going and all that. So she did the wedding and she killed it.
Speaker 1: It was a great wedding photo. Yeah, very cool. I think, what what what do you like about marriage?
Speaker 2: What do you dislike about marriage?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: This might be controversial, but I think, uh, when you marry. When I married her, she just chilled. I think a lot of ladies can be high strung, and she just like chilled. You're lockdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 6: My friends don't make fun of anymore. I pulled something off. I can, I can relax.
Speaker 2: How long were you dating before you got married?
Speaker 4: Seven years?
Speaker 2: Just like your friends are making fun of you seven years, seven years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not against marriage.
Speaker 2: You're not married, but you're married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, expecting, But I think I'm not against marriage. I'm against like the traditional sequence of marriage, like I do. This is controversial too, but I feel like we should have kids to determine and if you can spend the rest of your life with somebody, that's a great, that's a great. Well here's the thing you just said. Marriage ends in fifty percent divorce, right, I think it's sixty. But it's like, yes, you have I think you have a kid first. Right, if that kid tears you apart, like a lot of you know, kids just break up, then you know you're not the product of a divorce. You're like the product of a civil break up.
Speaker 1: I will say, yeah, my brother has I have a nephew who's eight now, and him and his baby mama. For the first year they were together, they fought, look like hell, they were never married, and then they broke up and they're the best co parents ever. Both they both date other people and they love hearing about it, and they're like really good friends. And I'm like this, right, you function better than a married couple right now.
Speaker 4: Court dates, no, no, none of that stuff.
Speaker 2: They're happy for each other. I'm like, damn, this kid has two very happy parents that love very much.
Speaker 3: Or if you have a kid and it brings you closer together and like like your love transcends to this new level, then you can get married.
Speaker 4: Now your kick can be part of the wedding. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah exactly, we have it backwards.
Speaker 2: Did you have a kid on purpose? Was it an o?
Speaker 4: It was an oopsie? But it was a very an emotion. Yeah, it's very quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I'm when a woman's in our thirties. She's like, ah, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah older, And I was like, it's part of the mid twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like yeah are you yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but and she has endometriosis, so she didn't even think she could conceive a child, like so.
Speaker 1: Many stories of women who couldn't have kids and they all have had like a miracle baby.
Speaker 3: Well she assumed, but it's not like we tried, like, yeah, you're just doing it right. So it was like she thinks this could be a miracle baby. I'm getting older, so I'm like, let's just keep it. Yeah he's gonna be yeah, honestly, Yeah, we did have the conversation of like what you do every time it got to the should we she would get emotional start crying, and I was like, that was the Yes, that was the answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her getting emotional what we talked about.
Speaker 1: But had you talked about having a kid before the oopsie?
Speaker 4: We didn't talk about it, But like I knew that she would be the one that I want to have kids with.
Speaker 1: That's such a manly I just like just my psychic connection.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a conversation with my long term partner. What qualities make her the one you would have a kid with?
Speaker 3: We have had similar upbringings, types of parents. Yeah, you know, I don't want to say like emotionally absent, but.
Speaker 2: That yeah, we understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're like war buddies in a way kind of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Compatibility the most important things.
Speaker 1: Very important. And also how you fight. I didn't learn that until I was older. I'm like, oh, you have to like fight, not necessarily like shouting, but like when you argue with each other, that has to be like a good dance.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's so tame. Like everything's very irrational.
Speaker 3: Wow, Like my ex girlfriend is very irrational, you know, jealous, there's a lot of like trust issues and there's none here.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's great.
Speaker 3: When we first started dating, she's like, I don't think i'd be mad if you slept with somebody.
Speaker 4: Else whoa nobody's ever since you get married.
Speaker 2: Please include that in about beautiful.
Speaker 4: Because the rules are a little different. Now.
Speaker 2: Was it a crazy moment when she took the test?
Speaker 1: I had a pregnancy scare only once, uh, not that long ago, and like telling my boyfriend it was like really, I'm like, oh my god, I never said these words to a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Is weird? Like strange?
Speaker 4: We were.
Speaker 3: I was on the road and I came back and as soon as I walked in, she was just like ghost face and she was just like, I'm pregnant, Like it was a sad It wasn't.
Speaker 4: Like a happy thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because she thought that I was going to immediately just be like abortion, get rid of it.
Speaker 4: So she was probing because she thought that I was going to be like upset.
Speaker 2: Do we need to call her? I can't imagine. I can't imagine being scared of you. You're such a nice guy.
Speaker 3: I think she was just scared because she wanted in her head, like to keep it and if.
Speaker 1: You want enthusiastic about it, she was never My initial response was going to be what was.
Speaker 2: What was your what was the first thing that popped in your head? When she said that, it was.
Speaker 3: Kind of like, all right, let's sit down and talk about it. It's like, yeah, we're very objective and you know that's logic. Great, we had to You're gonna be great parents.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, objective and logical. A people get that these days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true. So I'm excited. Yeah two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh so, like, what kind of preparation have you done?
Speaker 4: Moved back home with her parents temporarily?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Are her parents cool?
Speaker 4: Oh? So cool? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We were living in Brooklyn and the rent was just insane and I want I want to buy a house. So we're like living with them temporarily. So I'm I'm shopping right now up in New England.
Speaker 1: Best babysitters are the parents, Oh yeah, christ like you don't have to feel guilty about that, like, and they love to be around a baby.
Speaker 3: She's from a Portuguese family and so yeah, like the tatia is the whole thing.
Speaker 1: My best friend does Portuguese actually just had a baby, her second baby today, So I was like, that's amazing, all right, yeah, did you read any.
Speaker 4: Books the ones made of felt?
Speaker 1: No like books on my hat first time dad change.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I haven't.
Speaker 3: But I'm also just telling myself that no amount of preparation can prepare you.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's my use for notating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watched TikTok.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, yeah everything. Do you want kids? Mark? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 4: I think we're slowly coursing him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you held a baby like a newborn?
Speaker 6: I have, but I didn't like it. To me, it's just a liability. At your wedding, when I saw you playing with your niece, you're playing pool, you were like.
Speaker 4: Well, you look like a dad.
Speaker 6: A niece I can do. She's six, you know, she's got a personality. We can have a conversation. But the baby is just a big lump of nothing that you could kill very easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I think that's.
Speaker 1: Normal that my mom said. She's like, babies are kind of boring. She like, on once they talk, it's amazing. That's not even a crazy I don't think to say it.
Speaker 4: Can only go bad. There's not a lot of upside for holding a baby.
Speaker 1: To me, Well, I guess your camp burst to skin connection and and and unless bond that you're forming with your child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never had that.
Speaker 1: No, well it's not necessary for the baby. How is your upbringing?
Speaker 2: Mark? Like our parents emotionally present?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're workaholics.
Speaker 6: They're very waspy, you know, just like military parent like oh yeah yeah, shut up, go to work, look forward. Yeah, uh, don't emote. And then uh, they were they were never around. So it was just with my own devices, you know. And I had a big transvestite nanny who took care of us, and that was like my He taught me how to fight.
Speaker 2: With a with a with a wig on. It's a whole crazy story. Nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh so I learned most things from him. Wow yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you still in contact with that Jamah?
Speaker 6: He died and he was killed in a sexual encounter because the guy thought it was a woman.
Speaker 1: Oh honestly, yeah, that goes with the staff very yeah, very calm.
Speaker 4: And that's the reason.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, but yeah, crazy.
Speaker 2: When was the last time either of you guys cried?
Speaker 4: And why oh boy, let's see.
Speaker 1: You crying after the way a period for me, so you can track it and like write down the reason. Just so we can know what's going on a little.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we need one of those like factory things. Like last time you cry, yeah, I think for me it was during the movie Inside Out.
Speaker 2: That is a wonderful movie. My god. So you haven't cried in years?
Speaker 4: Literally?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: I guess have like soul blue balls. Maybe I need to.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, what do you they call it when you don't have sex celibate?
Speaker 4: Maybe I I'd like to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crying cathartic as hell. It's like jizzing from your from your soul.
Speaker 4: It does. It feels that the system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just like it feels so nice afterwards. It's like you just had sex, but not as fun.
Speaker 4: But I cried when I went through a break up and when my grandmother died.
Speaker 2: That was the last time you cried? How long ago we were talking.
Speaker 4: Like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 2: Was to go full year without crying.
Speaker 1: So I'm a big I've been a big crier of the past couple of years for certain events. But like before that, I wasn't a big crier. But I mean I would cry more than once a.
Speaker 4: Year, crying to you, like full blown.
Speaker 2: Tearing, you know, like watching a video of a puppy or a.
Speaker 4: Kid tearing up.
Speaker 3: When we were in Europe, we went to Paris, and uh, I got a little choked up because my grandma always wanted to take me to Perish she never did because she passed away, and this one took me on tour to Europe and we went on an improm trip to Paris, and I got a little choked up.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a very manly reason to cry, like something like level of sentimentality.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but it was like, you know, it was a moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't like love a moment, yeah, big moment.
Speaker 4: Well, Paris, it's so romantic, romantic.
Speaker 2: It was so beautiful. Wow. You so you didn't cry when you found you're a baby. You didn't cry on your wedding day or when you proposed.
Speaker 4: Because it was like a conversation. It wasn't like, uh, yeah, wow, I'm gonna cry probably.
Speaker 2: When your baby is let us know. If you cry, I'll record it, okay, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll put it on your Patreon or something that could be a good girl wow jerking off the guys cry Well, my ex girlfriend was mad because I couldn't cry during sex. She's like, I want you to cry.
Speaker 1: Okay, but whoa, that's frightened man, notebook. No, no, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: She wanted like staring in the eyes.
Speaker 2: She wanted to orchestrate that, like she wanted to force that.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: I told her I wasn't capable of it, and she thought it was like a sociopaths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, projected, She's that sociopathic. That's fucking weird. I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: I understand like emotional deep connection, which I always had.
Speaker 2: Have you, Okay, there is a big crier.
Speaker 1: Dre and I when I was in high school would have sex in the back of his mini man van in a fucking alley way in high school to like fucking cold play and just cry.
Speaker 4: We really we just.
Speaker 1: Loved each other so much and he was a very sweet guy and we yeah, we cried a lot, okay, okay, just.
Speaker 2: Like there was like a period where it was just we were so connected to it.
Speaker 4: Imagine walking by that mini van and being like, does a girl getting.
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel like those are two different centers of the brain that just should work independently from each other totally.
Speaker 1: And like the moments that you cried during sex, like it's usually just because you're overwhelmed by the connectedness and that that hasn't happened high school.
Speaker 4: Beautiful moment if you can both do it.
Speaker 1: I cried after more is like a like a like a release for like a like a very meaningful sex.
Speaker 4: But ye opposite.
Speaker 1: No, No, years and years ago, I did cry during sex because like it wasn't it was like consensual, but just like I was like, this doesn't feel right, and like I kind of wanted it to feel right.
Speaker 2: Maybe kind of a thing. Oh yeah, I get really emotional.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a I sound like a lunatic, but like the thing that bothers me most is when someone treats you really nicely and really and wants to be your boyfriend and you are trying to make yourself like them and you just.
Speaker 2: Don't felt that. I cry. I've cried over that probably more than any other dynamic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the guy's so sweet and he just yeah, I have tried for there are certain there's a couple one mainly like that. I've tried to like make it work for years because I'm like, he treats me so nicely, he loves me so much.
Speaker 2: I would have such a good life.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, well, I wouldn't have a good life because I don't You're not gone there, right?
Speaker 2: Do you ever feel that?
Speaker 1: Have you ever felt that with women like previously, like they like you so much?
Speaker 2: Is that not a guy thing?
Speaker 4: Like you like you want to let them down easy?
Speaker 1: Well, letting down easy. That's the thing that we've been talking about a lot on this show.
Speaker 2: Guys don't like doing that. Guys don't like don't women. Guys hate when women cry? Yes, why why?
Speaker 3: But I feel like you don't cry about just being honest and just yeah, it's the truth.
Speaker 1: And they will handle it, you know, even if we cry, it's fine, like it, that's our responsibility to handle it. Like with guy friends when they're like talking like bad about their girlfriends and they obviously want out of the relationship. I'm always like, give her the gift of giving her that time back so she can find someone who likes her. Like it's gonna hurt in the moment, but just pull the band aid off.
Speaker 2: Like it's not kind.
Speaker 1: And but then Mike is like, he's like, we're not doing it to save your feelings.
Speaker 2: We're doing it because like we are. Yet we don't want to go through the pain of the breakup. For us, it's like a pain in the ass and it's rough.
Speaker 1: You'd rather stay in a ship relationship, but there's nothing more suffocating.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I was when I first moved to City, I was like twenty six and I was dating this twenty two year olds like two months, and I was like head over heels in love with her, okay, And I remember she was like she just got back from a trip and she's like, hey, let's meet at this bar.
Speaker 4: And I was like all right. And we met at the bar and she was like, hey, I could tell her like do you.
Speaker 3: Always know when your about And I was like yeah, I know. And I was like, hey, but you're in your head. You're trying to do everything to counteract it.
Speaker 4: You die.
Speaker 2: We should play a trip, let's go to Bambas, Yeah, maybe her parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And she's just like I don't think this is She's like this is going to work out.
Speaker 4: You're much older than I am.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And I was so hurt that I got up and left the bar.
Speaker 2: You didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything, but years later I saw her on like people you made out on Facebook. I sent her message and I was just like, I was like, hey, uh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I got up and left.
Speaker 3: Like what you did was like the most courageous thing you could do as a twenty two year old girl, to like tell me to your face, tell me to my face.
Speaker 4: I was just like, hey, thanks for doing that.
Speaker 2: Was nice.
Speaker 3: Ever since that i've been did she write I break up the women into the face, don't ever contact me again. I hate you. No, she was like, after all these years, I can't believe remember that. She was like, no hard feelings, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's very sweet that you did that.
Speaker 3: But because you don't know until that happens to you, sure that it feels better to be like, oh, I'm glad I didn't waste my time.
Speaker 4: It stings, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, break up sting. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I asked a girl out on the phone. I danced with her at a sock cop and I was like, she's the one. I was probably like sixteen or fifteen, was one. She was so pretty. I was so into her. She was so cool, and I called her and I was so nervous. I had my dad sit with me and he was like, you got this. You got this and I called her and I was like, hey, I just wonder if you wanted to go to a movie sometime. And she was like, oh, you know, I got a lot going on. I said, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: You know I hate movie.
Speaker 6: And I hung up and I cried and my dad was like, oh.
Speaker 4: Come on, it was. It was pretty brutal.
Speaker 1: But it hurts to be vulnerable and they get rejected. Oh it's a fucking bummer.
Speaker 4: But I do think it's good for you.
Speaker 2: It's very good. I think more people could go through that. I think the humbling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, the bar for discomfort is going so low that people are like, I felt disrespected at this restaurant, so they just go on a fucking tirade online. And you're like, that's what that's what got you this. You got to save those tirades for a real moment, right, you know?
Speaker 1: It for me prepares you like these moment moments of being vulnerable and being rejected for the entertainment business. I mean, what was your worst ever rejection, either romantic or otherwise?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I mean it's so many, so many, just like I've pitched. I think I've pitched nineteen shows you know obviously never had one. Yeah, try to get specials made.
Speaker 4: We all know.
Speaker 6: And then you thank God for the Internet. What were we doing without podcasting and YouTube and Instagram?
Speaker 2: Take it in your own hands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so the gatekeepers and they're all clue. They turned down all the friends I know who are now millionaires and all this shit, and so yeah, I don't want to get into all that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh yeah, no, we've we've had this very similar experience.
Speaker 6: The rejection is ninety nine point nine to one zero point one percent.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's a big part of it.
Speaker 2: Was your biggest rejection besides.
Speaker 4: I want to see the biggest.
Speaker 3: But I was applying for a master's program, and I took all these prerequds of courses assuming I was going to get into this this school. And I spent like, you know, a couple thousand dollars and all these like courses, and I was like, all right, I should be getting that acceptance letter any day now. I got a wait list, and I drove up to the school that day into the dams of energy. Oh they were they were caught guard. I'll say that they were caughtf guard. And I was like, hey, I just got this weight weightless letter. I just want to know what this is all about.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're on a weight list.
Speaker 3: I was. I showed some gusto, I showed some tenacity, and uh, I was like, yeah, I just I took all these prerecords of courses. I was really banking on, you know, getting to this program. And they're like, okay, well, you know the applications are graded on a blah blah blah, and then like two weeks later, congratulations, you've been accepted.
Speaker 4: I was like, my school shooter energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But as they said that, somebody dropped out in the spot.
Speaker 4: But I think it was because I drove up that day.
Speaker 2: I mean, you were showing that you really wanted to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can't apply that with love because that's creepy.
Speaker 2: No, you can't, right, yeah, well and especially I mean like ever.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, every now and then, a guy making that drastic of a move for a woman does work, but you know a woman does.
Speaker 2: It to a guy. It's it's always psycho, why we can't, why we show up.
Speaker 3: I think it's also psycho for a guy to like after it breaks over a guy like I read love letters day after a breakup and then somebody's like, don't send that. Don't send that, because it's going to push her away even further. You're spilling your heart too much.
Speaker 2: When you got dumped and then you were Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wrote like a huge, like a graph, like a novel text. I just was so close to like hitting send, trembling and.
Speaker 1: In the text that you have to at least send it in like an email email.
Speaker 2: If it's going to be that long, nothing scarier than receiving a long Yeah. Yeah, it is unhinged for sure.
Speaker 1: I also let you just you've then picture a person like this, and it's like, at least go to the laptop.
Speaker 3: That's my advice, is just proof free send it to a friend to dwindle down a little bit.
Speaker 1: The emotions dissipates a little bit, and then maybe you don't want to send it.
Speaker 2: You have a totally different attitude about sending it the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, when you get dumped, you got to give it thirty days for either like the thirty day role, like you really have.
Speaker 2: To do it. The thing.
Speaker 1: It's different though, like if you do the dumping, So that's a little.
Speaker 2: Different strategy, right right, right.
Speaker 4: Dorying a gun.
Speaker 3: There should be a waiting period, yes, but you low key want like if you break up with the guy I do, look, you want them to be reaching out like bombarding you, like do you if they did.
Speaker 1: It with your girlfriend and I'd be like, Nah, this relationship's done. But if we're seeing each other and I'm like, I don't think you want to be here as much as I do, so we're done, And then they did that, that's the perfect opportunity to do that. Yeah, Prependen, the breakup happened. I think like what the reasons were if if there if it was, because there's like most times, like the breakups that I would want to hear from the people again, or like when they I broke up not because I don't love you, but because you're not showing up in this way, right, And I think men clearly know the difference between like I'm just not into you anymore and like you're just not showing up. I also think a lot of men get into relationships because they're threatened by like I'll just leave if you don't want to date me, and then they're like, all right, we're boyfriend girlfriend And.
Speaker 2: That's how that happens. Yeah, why do we have to threaten? Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 4: We just don't want to date.
Speaker 1: There's not much there's dating for the guy really emotional support. I feel about marriage though, I mean, like when you look into marriage, marriage is really like a better business deal for like these days, it's a better business deal.
Speaker 2: For a man. I like, so, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Women are just very not in your position because of your income and uh notoriety. But like you know, and you know, in olden days, sure it's like you know, women are getting a dowry and stuff, but now it's just like we're basically taking on a lot of free household tasks that we wouldn't have. But then we're both going out into the work field. So but I'm not getting anything else except for like the title of life, which really doesn't interest me.
Speaker 4: No, it's not much there. And you've got to carry a baby.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, but that's if I wanted one. I think that would be the coolest part though, That would be cool because human in you what.
Speaker 1: Gro that's crazy and you're not you don't you're not sitting there going all right, now, grow your dick, now, grow your happens.
Speaker 4: I'm crazy.
Speaker 3: Seeing the sonogram is like it's you see the heartbeat and then you see the mouth open because it takes it takes in the amniotic fluid.
Speaker 2: So it's like, whoa, that's wild.
Speaker 4: That's what I got. That's the last time I cried.
Speaker 1: Sorry, there has to be something baby related that me.
Speaker 2: You cry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but now that men can get pregnant, all right, But that's why I said I'm with you. Marriage is weird. It's a weird idea.
Speaker 2: Wait, so but you've never gotten Oh yeah, do you have a prenup?
Speaker 4: I thought about it.
Speaker 2: You didn't get one.
Speaker 4: Nah, I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Mark you get a posting up. They're very hot right now?
Speaker 4: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we encourage it's a prenup, be like we're married. But I actually main this out his paperwork. Oh interesting, yeah, because it's like if what happened to Adele and then get up?
Speaker 2: She got her money taken?
Speaker 1: Well. I think like modern women like so there's a lot of things like you know that I think maybe are not beneficial to men, like you're not pulling all the wool over our eyes anymore with some things. But I I do think that any modern woman should be very open and not at all insulted by a prenup. I think it's actually crazy and today to not get for anyone across the board, whether you have money or not, because you don't know what the future is going to hold.
Speaker 2: You don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: What like almost like if you're like, oh, I don't need a prenup, it's like you're telling me that you have No, you're not.
Speaker 2: You're not planning on being successful. Yeah, I'm planning on being my whole right.
Speaker 3: It also says that I'm I don't know how to thrive. Yes, yes, what are you saying you can't? Like you're adults for yourself and sure shelter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, Yeah, Mark, I'm intrigued by something you said. You've never gotten anything out of a relationship.
Speaker 6: No, I've definitely gotten stuff. But I think for the most part, if a guy doesn't want to go out with you, you shouldn't want to go out with him because he's not gonna be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: But I think a lot of women are like, come on, what are we what is this? The guy in the guy's head, he's like, this is exactly how much I want to give right with.
Speaker 2: The listeners all the time. Why would you be running out.
Speaker 1: Like I don't understand, Like if this is not like a challenge, You're not winning some game, You're you're losing.
Speaker 6: You're fortuing somebody. It's it's the unconsensual dating now you know, like you are not sad to his consent?
Speaker 2: Have you ever Mark initiated a relationship? No? Have you done?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: It's not like you know, you seem like you have more feminine energy about.
Speaker 4: Oh I do. That's why I trouble answering that masculinity question.
Speaker 1: Good see, like I think you have a nice amount of it because you don't seem not masculine, Like there are a lot of gentle masculine.
Speaker 2: Like I was walking around.
Speaker 1: Williamsburg like the other day and I'm like, everyone can't be gay.
Speaker 2: It's just that I'm reading everyone.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's like just statistically, all these people can't be homosexuals.
Speaker 3: Great, right, So physical appearance and you know, societal stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm very into and I have been for years.
Speaker 1: Like I'm dressing like Eddie Izzard, Like I was like I wanted to, but now Eddie Izard, now is is she trans?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because I mean like when when she first came out, it was, you know, using the word transvestite but still referring to herself as a he.
Speaker 2: And now it's fully so it's interest.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting, but like has not changed the name doesn't really changed appearance that much. Like I saw her do a play recently and was still kind of like the classic Dressed to Kill Alfit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Eddie's So you can have a female Eddie? Yeah, because Eddie ye for girls. Yeah, me too, Ryan, that's a great that's a great.
Speaker 4: One, like Murphy the daughter and interest teller.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was a great. Uh do you know are you having a boy or girl?
Speaker 4: We're gonna be surprised.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's what I would want to.
Speaker 1: My brother did that and both my parents did that with us. I did that because then you're not putting anything on the kid.
Speaker 2: No, you're just meeting them.
Speaker 4: And some people are confusing, like what color you're you going to get it blue or randomly? I don't like those colored orange.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, the baby doesn't have a color.
Speaker 1: My room was yellow because it was like we did they didn't know. So it's just a what it works for anything.
Speaker 3: Also, there's so many cute like gray one disease with ice cream cones and giraffes, just like it's all cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is all cute.
Speaker 4: They're going to grow out of the ship anyway, every two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's one of those New York Times. Yeah, so we were obsessed with this.
Speaker 1: Like there's a list of like thirty something questions that the New York Times put out that basically helps you fall in love with a partner. Oh, but we want we like to go through them. And this is when we haven't done on the show yet. But it's good for you guys because you both have partners. So the same question for both of you, named three things you and your partner appear to have in common that jump.
Speaker 2: Out to you.
Speaker 4: We're both attracted to women. Oh that's what helps. That's convenient. And you're the one. Yeah, both have in common. Uh, we're both were both like, we both like comedy.
Speaker 3: Wet we met through comedy, so we both She a comedian, No, she's a producers Oh wow, nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we both like uh Portuguese food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love being a man. This is yeah, these these are just so like we both like soup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those are the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great, love that you chose face value things because I would be like, we both want to make the world a better place.
Speaker 2: We both believe that this is not the only realm that we're living in.
Speaker 4: I did answer earlier. So we had the similar upbringing, So that's we have that.
Speaker 2: That's a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, environmental, sure, Familial, yes, how about you Mark Mark struggling, No.
Speaker 4: He took mine.
Speaker 6: I would say funny, both fun funny, love, loving to laugh, love jokes, love all that, and U very She's very opinionated, as am I. I don't get these guys who who don't like a lady with an opinion. Yeah, you know, which is so strange because it's like where should we eat?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 6: This is so boring. I would even rather a bad opinion than no opinion. Give me a qan on something at least entertaining. Yeah. But yeah, so she's got great takes, you know, like we'll watch a movie or watch the news and she's like, oh this is because of this, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you ship, you're right.
Speaker 6: So she's a great, great mind for stuff like that, and it's really uh it's some lightning.
Speaker 3: Pitiad but not stubborn. Yeah, sure, there's one more?
Speaker 4: Oh is it three?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry sorry?
Speaker 2: And then she's she's.
Speaker 6: Fun loving, like she's not one of the I'm so sick of these every TikTok and everything's like I go to bed at eight, whoa, then I like a nap, I stay in on Saturday. I'm like, get out of here. You you know. She's like, let's do something, let's get up. She's very spontaneous adventure.
Speaker 4: It was her idea for the sex club. Yes, I was even like, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I saw the photos. You guys looked like daddy, daddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to dress up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't like I thought you meant like a full nude.
Speaker 2: Literally, it was that's what you did.
Speaker 4: Mean Okay, we had sex in the club.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you have sex?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was walking around awkwardly and wow, yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: They let you in single. Yeah, sometimes that's a rule for sex. I don't know a single man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean we looked at it was it was a costume party, you know, I mean it was like a life shove for them.
Speaker 4: We were just like, let's go see what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Awkwardly, early though, it was like the bartenders.
Speaker 4: Were like counting the petty cash. It was like nine pm, but he was there. It was weird. We took mushrooms.
Speaker 2: You guys went out all out.
Speaker 6: I banged her in the in the like on the dance floor, and a guy tapped me on the shoulder and said me next, and I said no, thank you, and.
Speaker 2: He wanted to fuck you.
Speaker 6: No to her, he was like he thought, I think she thought she was just like a sex lady.
Speaker 4: And and then.
Speaker 6: I looked at every ladies and sex so that it's already you know, I'm not like a public guy I've done for but this is this is a club, this is this is tough, like keeping a boner. You know, she's bumped over. It's a lot going on and techno blaring, and this.
Speaker 4: Girl chains and dog collars and chest harnesses.
Speaker 6: It's a wacky experience. Then I get the tap. I'm like, no thanks. And then I looked at my left and it's an old guy just rubbing it out, staring at and I was like, all right, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, did you make sure that you as like a friend, were far away from your friend with all.
Speaker 3: The people that recognized Mark at the sex club, all the people that were like.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking, because I was like, to get more recognizable. So that's kind of stuff is harder and harder to engage club I was at, I got recognized, and I was like, that ruined it for me because I was like, no, I did, because that I'll look comfortable and I do not want like a sex club environment. Yes it's awkward, but it's not uncomfortable in that way. But when you feel like you're getting watched because they know who you are, yeah, go home and say I saw so and so fucking I do. If you want, I got intel on a sex club membership for celebrities.
Speaker 2: Uh, oh yes I do.
Speaker 1: And it's a it's run by somebody who is the person that runs the best sex club and so.
Speaker 4: Take d F level.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So if you guys want.
Speaker 3: I use your membership card. Yeah yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They bag the phones up, which is huge. Yeah, it's nice. Nobody's like this communicating with each other. It's so funny having like intellectual conversations wearing a dog collar.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's yeah, yeah, life is.
Speaker 4: So weird, strange, it's so weird.
Speaker 2: People are odd. Yeah, it's his next question. So, okay, I have a would you rather.
Speaker 4: You two? Nothing? Never mind?
Speaker 2: Would you rather this is for both of you.
Speaker 1: Date a woman with a pH d or date a professional a model.
Speaker 6: That's tough because the PhD could be a model or could look.
Speaker 4: Like a model.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is definitely not a professional model.
Speaker 4: The model could get her pH d or is this the she can't?
Speaker 2: No, she can't. Hey you you run with this the way she can? But is she going to?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And the model model could be plus sized model.
Speaker 2: That's a model, but they're models. They're hot like the you know, Okay, that's for the show. Mark could be as well.
Speaker 4: Just the model is a model.
Speaker 1: I've seen Ashley Graham person one of the most beautiful women. She says she's so I saw on the subway and I was like, oh my christ.
Speaker 2: It's all friends.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that you have to be attracted to any So wait whatever, whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: It's just funny. How if you say you're not in a plus sized women, women get mad. But if you say I'm not in the hot women, women don't get mad.
Speaker 2: Oh me too, exactly. So women deal with rejection probably maybe worse than men.
Speaker 1: Probably, Well you guys, are you guys in it from a young age, and so it's like, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've had I've gone up to girls at a bar and they just look at me like, ah, you know, you're like okay.
Speaker 2: She's though, well, yeah, but it always doesn't make sense. You're a good looking guy.
Speaker 6: Like what, I'm five ten. I think that factors in its tall. I don't know, that's not tall enough.
Speaker 2: It's not sure I would categorize. It'll take enough. Yeah, it's enough. No one should be laughing at five ten.
Speaker 4: All right, maybe I had a bad line too, who knows?
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait which one which you were?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a tough one because the pH D doesn't mean she's cool.
Speaker 2: Neither is a model.
Speaker 6: No, I agree both of them. It's not of information. Who do you want to be with a relationship or who do we want to bang?
Speaker 3: No, be with, be with I'd say PhD, I guess, so yeah, just because I think you're I guess.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not really any information because a very open minded PhD woman could be a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Totally neither of them are serial killers.
Speaker 1: Give you that piece that one, Yeah, that's the one we're wanted for serial killing.
Speaker 6: But if we're if we're talking a relationship, you gotta go PhD.
Speaker 4: Well, PhD could be boring too, doesn't have tough questions, but gauging.
Speaker 2: More important. Smarter hot. I guess when you really boil.
Speaker 4: It relationship PhD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if we're just talking, have sexy piece of paper.
Speaker 2: You have right, right? Right right?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I agree with that remardless of the degree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then do you want to do rock Card Takes? You have them here, Yeah, I have one. Okay, So we have this segment called rock Hard Takes where we just throw out a subject and you have to give us a rock hard take right away and defend your position. The whole point of the segment is like just to pick a side and just go hard on it. What is your opinion on it? And you could kind of take this however you would like. Okay, so we'll go with Mark rock Card take straight men having hot female friends.
Speaker 6: Uh, I think there's something behind it. Rock Card Takes. They're they're uh, they're they're playing the slow game or they're they wouldn't turn it down if she went for it with with them. Okay, so I think it's pretty obvious. I don't think that's rock hard. I think that's a semi.
Speaker 4: Keeping around the hot friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like dying on the hell like these are my friends. Yeah, yeah, that's there's Yeah, there's an agenda. I feel like, yeah, no PhDs in the mix.
Speaker 6: No, So yeah, then there's there's a plan there, right, Okay, Yeah, likes being around hot women a lot. But if they pounced on him, he would definitely not turn it down. He wouldn't be like we're friends. He would go for it.
Speaker 3: It depends if these if these hot friends are just miraculously appearing throughout the duration of the relationship, they need to be Like it's almost like a detective pole, like you gotta tell me if you have hot friends?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like upfront, all the cards, do either of you have hot female friends?
Speaker 4: No pigs?
Speaker 2: We walked right into that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, you wouldn't put lipstick on one of these or tested on it.
Speaker 1: But like there is like this you know rumor and girl land where or I guess maybe Guyland told it to us, where if any like any of a guy's girlfriends asked to fuck, they would say yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, friends, And I'm like, I know who they've fucked, and I'm like, there's no sexual chemistry and i know because you know who they fucked.
Speaker 2: They fucked someone, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I have that like where I know, like a guy has fucked someone that's so low grade that it actually was like I actually can't fuck you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So there's criteria, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's like when couples are like, oh, I'm best friends with my ex, it's like one person is in love friends. Maybe maybe one person does have those platonic feelings, but one person definitely is holding out hope.
Speaker 6: I can already feel the women hating us listeners.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, we endorse.
Speaker 1: No, we've had much more difficult guests on you guys for being lovely.
Speaker 2: All right, rock Cart take men in the delivery room.
Speaker 1: I would like to be there where like where where would you be like in front of.
Speaker 2: In front of the tower or behind the towel?
Speaker 4: Yea, it depends they don't want you behind. I did the research on yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't. They recommend that you don't look at the They want you up by the head. I mean, would you want to Well, so there's.
Speaker 3: A term called catching the baby, which is from where you actually have to pull it out and announce the sex and whatever. And uh, I think I could just focus on the baby.
Speaker 4: And maybe there's like an auting I.
Speaker 2: Could do is getting squirted out of a lady and there's probably fecal matter.
Speaker 4: Ye, you've heard that. It does change your perspective on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want my bad. Oh, you are okay, because it's you have to do right side up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, so you have to be on the other side.
Speaker 4: But I think I would if it was a natural birth. I think I would.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'd be there, yeah, on the on the pussy end, just.
Speaker 4: Because what if that never happens again? You never get to see that.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could just watch a video of someone else giving birth. I don't have to look at your own. You see, you've both seen it, like health class. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that traumatized that me traumatized me.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I mean the whole thing is it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, which and it's cool, it's like, oh, boy, like a baby in sex, even though that's how the baby gets there.
Speaker 2: They're just so, they're just they're separate categories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard women have orgasms delivering.
Speaker 2: I've heard that too. Sounds fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I came.
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 1: That made me feel uncomforable though, because it's like it feels pedophilic.
Speaker 4: By the way, Yeah, it is weird. Pregnant sex is weird.
Speaker 1: Well, you see the baby as your birth in it, you're just like right, But if you're orgas amazing your birth, it's like.
Speaker 2: My kid just made me come. I would not got past that.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I mean a bicycles made me come before.
Speaker 1: But I don't get I don't have to raise a huffy about Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I can't talk back to you. Also, Mike, what is this word? Before Halloween?
Speaker 6: Have to raise a huffy of the title. Oh and you didn't have a seat on it too. That that helped the poles just right up there?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, begging.
Speaker 1: Okay, last Rock card take couples Halloween costumes?
Speaker 4: Oh together when they match?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like when it's you know, like Scooby doing down May.
Speaker 4: I'm fine with that. I don't get. I don't see why that's the problem.
Speaker 3: You have to be very creative. Like my ex and I were Jack and Rose when they were frozen.
Speaker 2: Good costume, it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: So we have like the white makeup that was really good, frost and gray.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was good.
Speaker 2: That was But was that your idea?
Speaker 4: It was hers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know if it was like this is your coming out episode or so.
Speaker 4: I will say. I was like, all right, I guess we have to do it, which is kind of like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you felt but so it didn't feel emasculating or like, did any of your guy friends say anything like about it that felt the meaning to you?
Speaker 2: Behind your back? Your back? They did?
Speaker 3: Maybe they dug over here we were zombies. We walked in the party, were blasting Selene Dean. They're like, what are you zombies?
Speaker 2: No, that was such a clever costume. I remember that one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: As long as it's funny and clever, you're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done it? But has your wife ever asked you? No?
Speaker 4: Never asked. But I'm not against. I don't see why that's.
Speaker 2: If you think of a good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did see Halloween I saw a flow from Progressive and Mayhem.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was nice. That's cute.
Speaker 6: I saw good when it was a lady as a horse I had a horse costume and her boyfriend was a superman in a wheelchair true story. I was like, that's pretty good fun. Yeah, but see those work independently of each other, super wheelchair, Like that's pretty good together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: It was. It was the nineties.
Speaker 1: Well we have to wrap up, but you you both have specials. Yes, Doug Mark produced your special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's my first special. It's called Mother of the Year the Year yep. I recorded at the Comedy Connection Providence and uh Mark, let me put it on his YouTube.
Speaker 2: Nice to get some get some views. Yeah please yeah.
Speaker 4: Check it out now with charts about the one hundred k.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we actually comment and say that you were you were sent by the gels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, graduation and Mark, you have a spout.
Speaker 2: You have a I.
Speaker 6: Got a got a YouTube special as well, then a Netflix out right now called Soup to Nuts.
Speaker 4: Check it out. It's fun. It's very funny.
Speaker 6: And uh yeah, all kinds of pods and we got stuff Instagram, Parkman, Comedy dot coup do key comedy.
Speaker 2: There you go, folks, gorgeous. Thanks guys, appreciate it. Yeah, this is fun. What's for dinner?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, eat it?
Speaker 3: Uh she thought about sending it out to get pills made. Yeah, yeah, it helps the postmark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: You gotta get a specialist in there in the delivery room, like and like the cord blood too.
Speaker 4: That's what I think. Keep themselves cancer.
Speaker 2: Oh what the fuck.
Speaker 4: You have to have to preserve it like your ego.
Speaker 3: It's like a harvesting thing. And then you got to pay annually to keep it. So when do you get a funnel in there? I mean, how do you think you can keep the umbilical cord tissue? The umbilical cord blood?
Speaker 4: Too much?
Speaker 3: It's too crunchy granola. So I'm just gonna drink the breast milk and put.
Speaker 4: In prost a lot of nutrients. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: This has been Guys Being Fucked, the anti slaughtering podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you next Friday time.
Speaker 1: Guys We Fucked is presented by Luminary, created and hosted like a written Fisher. Christina Hutcheson's editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli.
Speaker 2: Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cosen Stuck my wet asss. Christina sends to cut that perform but now it's in there. Yeah, let's keep it in good wisdom.
Speaker 1: Mother full say, you freak, but that's weird.
Speaker 2: Goes, and it's one nobody.
Speaker 1: Knows, and every day, my confusion goes.
Speaker 4: Every