Speaker 1: The other mainstreams media outlet. Breakfast Club still take you, then we'll come here when this DJ Envy and Charlamagne the God being there.
Speaker 2: Next to all of you guys.
Speaker 3: It's really it's one of my favorite shows to do, just because y'all always keeping one honey, gods, keep it real. But what better place than than here.
Speaker 4: I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club and start out there.
Speaker 5: Y'all want to shake it up.
Speaker 3: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 5: Charlemagne the Guy, Peace to the plane. It is today.
Speaker 6: Yes, we got our special guest co host, Chason Lee from Hollywood.
Speaker 7: And Lock of Coast A guy, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: What's up, Jason.
Speaker 8: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm out here, you know what.
Speaker 8: I'm early.
Speaker 5: I'm up early this morning.
Speaker 7: I'm not even tired.
Speaker 5: Man, I tell you, I'm Jason.
Speaker 9: I'm proud of you because not only is Jason the CEO of Hollywood Unlock, Jason Lee is running for.
Speaker 5: City Town County Council.
Speaker 9: I'm doing it and stop stopping Stockton California. Man, they're not going to Jason or reason I respect that is because you know, everybody always has something to say, you know about politics.
Speaker 7: Would always tell folks be the change you want to see in the world. And that's exactly why I'm doing it.
Speaker 5: What made what made you want to jump into that? And we got lo time? What made you want to do that?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 7: I went back to help my community and saw that a lot of the people who were elected, Uh, we're still putting politics over people. You know, my whole family's there, people dying, people coming up to the microphone telling them how their children were getting killed at school, all types of other things. And so when I started working with them to raise money for kids, we were able to pressure the city council to put two million dollars towards the youth. But then they started politicing how they issued it out. And one of the city council members, who allegedly is not allegedly because I pulled the receipts he robbed his grandmother as a kid with friends snitched on them, sat up there and said, why should we grant you money to help these kids when you're friends with Floyd Maywell? And Rihanna let them pay give you money, and I just thought like that was the craziest thing. So at that point, I said, Okay, I'm teaching these young black and brown kids civic engagement. Let me take them through a real experience. So now they're all in my campaign. I even have a youth campaign manager that's Doppe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's don't run in Hollywood. I'm like, you know what I'm saying, We're going to normalize mess.
Speaker 7: Damit, that's right, but hey, Trump did it, but now he did it for the wrong you know he did it. Yeah, Like I'm just I'm saying to people like, I'm not the sum of one experience, one show, one clip, one interview. That's my job. And through therapy I've I've evolved. But you know, I'm still gonna do my day job. But that doesn't mean I don't care about my community.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, that's right, That's right. Well, I love it.
Speaker 6: The Locks will be joining us, will actually Sheik Gluten styles p two members of the Locks.
Speaker 5: They will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 9: They told us why Jada wasn't here, But I'll let them say. I heard y'all had a wild conversation about some other stuff too.
Speaker 3: Conversation. Let's get it started real early. We had a great conversation because the Locks have their locks and friends show. That's right on December sixteenth, sixteenth Saturday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're celebrating twenty five years of money power, respect, fifty.
Speaker 5: Years of hip hop.
Speaker 3: So you know the Lock's got a lot of friends, Yes, and they gonna talk about some of them this morning.
Speaker 5: Some of them, yeah, some of them this morning.
Speaker 7: You saw our girl, Queen Latifa got that Kennedy Center Honor.
Speaker 5: Man drop on the clues bombs of Queen here the first hip hop, first hip hop? What artists?
Speaker 8: I think?
Speaker 5: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, salute to Queen Latifa. Let's get the show cracking. I just want to remind the parents out there, the elves should be moving, all right. Just want to remind you guys, you know elf on the shelf, they should be moving. Get up a little early, make sure those elves moved right.
Speaker 7: Are you one of those people? I am, Oh my, do you do that in your house? I am?
Speaker 9: I don't like y'all? Yes, good, okay, I like that. My wife has I said that yesterday. I said, where did you find all of these black sanded decorations.
Speaker 5: He got black Santa Claus.
Speaker 9: Black elves, black Missus Santa. I'm like, I didn't know that they had all of this, Yes, I mean a bunch. Yeah, you can get outfits for the elves and all that now too. Absolutely, Wait, so your houses are all de well, you got kids, you.
Speaker 5: Got kids, super, my wife, my wife ODIs.
Speaker 9: Actually our lights was up probably two weeks before things absolutely, because you know, you got to get the lights up when you hire a service to do it.
Speaker 5: A lot of these services be backed up around the time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she went ahead and got it done before things given, but didn't turn them on till after things get right.
Speaker 6: So yeah, all right, let's get the show cracking. We got Tesla figure out we have front page news. When we come back, she don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club, Jason Lee say, our guest co hosts.
Speaker 5: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 11: Morning Tares, Good morning, dj Andy, Good morning, future counselman.
Speaker 2: Jason Lee.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning Tars. With the white background hide and who over.
Speaker 2: There, that's right, Good morning, Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: Let's jump right into Let's start off with sports. Last night and Monday night football, the Bengals beat the Jaguars.
Speaker 5: Boy was at a surprise for the Jaguar fans.
Speaker 3: Huh, that was a good game. But that's why I said, it's football man. Any given Sunday, any given Monday night, any given Thursday, you.
Speaker 5: Never I know that if we gotta play a game, that's right. Thirty four to thirty one.
Speaker 6: I've seen little duvault with there with garyon Gary one as a Bengals fan.
Speaker 5: They were talking this to each other all night that.
Speaker 9: The wall was talking crazy and they lost all night long and ended up moving in overtime.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: Well, now let's jump into prison inmates using phones for free.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thousands of families across the Commonwealth of celebrating Massachusetts becoming the fifth state to make prison and jail calls free.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 11: This bill passed on November sixteenth. It officially went into effect Friday, December first, and recognizing the stress on families who couldn't afford to talk to loved ones because of money, and how to affects mental health and how a lack of communications on inmates ability to regurgitate back into the communities was.
Speaker 2: A part of why lawmakers did this. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: Senator Cindy krem and State Representative of China Tylor acknowledged dangerous misconceptions on what prison rehabilitation should be, agreeing connection, not isolation, supports the process.
Speaker 5: So'surtingly upsetting. Though we have people who think that those in prison you should til lock them up and throw the key away.
Speaker 12: Cream is a former family attorney. Tyler spent years helping in major transition out of prison. She saw the painful challenges they faced when they couldn't afford to call family or outside resources.
Speaker 5: These folks did ten twenty years in prison and just weren't ready to be released upon their release date, and free telephone costs could have made a major impact.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't even know the last time I got a collect call from prison. They just be calling from the cell phone nowadays.
Speaker 7: Oh right, right here. I have a friend who's in Saint Louis Joe. He actually watches the show. Hey, he's watching FaceTime too, FaceTime messaging all of that.
Speaker 5: So I like, that's perspective.
Speaker 2: It's a great thing.
Speaker 11: Well, that's the illegal way you guys are talking about, but this will actually be the legal way. And I also want to point out that Connecticut did this, Minnesota, Colorado, and California, so people are really taking advantage of it. And just as FI so people know the numbers behind. Their family spent about fourteen million dollars a year in communication fees in Massachusetts, but nationally, fifteen minute call averages five dollars and seventy four cents U. Some even charge up to a dollar per minute, and so the correctional telecom industry rates in about one point four billion dollars a year. So it's been a big big thing that for those who are pushing for recidivism have talked about how this just really breaks the bank and really is a hustle in the in the prison, uh you know, in the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's why. That's why I'm shocked that they're letting it happen.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what, what, what where they gonna make that money up? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say they're not. They're not going to just give up ten million dollars. Who's paying it, who's taking who's taking that?
Speaker 7: That note when I was saying the person in Saint Louis. They're actually they have the jail has FaceTime pads and phones where they can FaceTime, and the family pays for it.
Speaker 5: So you pay for it, So the family pays for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so right now when it's free, who's taking care Who's who's taking care of that that note?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 10: Probably?
Speaker 8: Probably?
Speaker 2: But again, do you pay? Do you pay for it?
Speaker 11: I mean, the numbers have proven that this does help towards recidivism, being able to make connections with family, being able to still have some type of contact where you raising your children. Now, I know the other side is, hey, if you do the crime due to time, but either you want to pay on the front end or do you want to pay on the back end. When these people get out of prison after however many years, and they have zero connections, zero place to go, zero job opportunities, zero, you know, so I train in the prisons.
Speaker 2: I go to the prisons and train.
Speaker 11: So I really do understand, or at least try to understand how maintaining those connections are huge with recidivism.
Speaker 2: So pay now or pay later.
Speaker 5: That's tough.
Speaker 6: That's a tough one when you see so many millions of dollars going to all these other different countries and tax payers have to pay, and especially these phone companies are making billions of dollars. I know during I'm looking at it now, it said the cares that was paying for a lot of prison calls during the pandemic.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the money's definitely coming from the taxpayers no matter how you get it. If it's looking from a federal level of the state however, So yeah, we're I mean, we pay for everything, you know, bottom line, that's just really no signet to that. But just you do you pay now? Do you want to do you want to pay?
Speaker 2: Pay later?
Speaker 8: The states are getting a lot of free labor in there too, that's.
Speaker 11: Right, absolutely absolutely, I mean we know that again do to crime, do the time. But to remind folks, like one of the lawmakers said on that not everybody's in prison for murder. Also remind people, let's keep in mind everybody's not guilty either.
Speaker 2: A lot of people go to prison who are still innocent.
Speaker 11: So we know that there's guilty folks, and we know that this also puts the stress again on the family and think about the kids that still need to maintain some type of relationship maybe with their parents. So again, I know people gonna say, do the crime, do the time. You should have thought about that before you do the time. But much easier to say unless you're in that position.
Speaker 6: All right, well that is front page news. Thank you, test absolutely all right. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundrendk five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up now.
Speaker 5: It's the breakfast slogan morning.
Speaker 13: The Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way, whether you're mad or black.
Speaker 5: Time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Preface club.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this big big G? Hi big G? Get off you chesty.
Speaker 14: Won't tell Charloman every trying to so a couple of weeks that yeah, you know that your boys, Charla man, that Kelly is real k R and B Man. No I should no matter what Kelly, k R and B.
Speaker 5: I just I disagree. I think that R.
Speaker 3: Kelly has a lot of uh quantity, but I don't think he has the quality. I think he's got quality records, but Usher has a smaller catalog that has way more quality than than R Kelly. Kelly got a bunch of I can do it out.
Speaker 15: I disagree.
Speaker 16: I disagree, man, and that's all I want to ship. Man, I gotta get out to the radio.
Speaker 15: Man got worse.
Speaker 3: And I I was saying this for years, like, you know, way before these allegations and stuff.
Speaker 9: I always thought twelve play was overrated. You go back and listening to twelve play. Now, twelve Play got like five or six records on that.
Speaker 17: I love that.
Speaker 5: Rest of it is feeling. Know you like this? You like the bangers on that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I mean I even like Sadie on that.
Speaker 15: What's going on right now?
Speaker 5: Okay, my bad Jamie? What's up? Get off your chance? Jam Like there's nothing Jamie that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's your boys showing stone showing.
Speaker 5: Someone told me with Jamie, you know we're gonna click.
Speaker 15: Yougether in the tread and listen a lot of times I've been calling in Charlotte, Man, I'm not able to get in and they're gonna do it right. I understand that maybe it doesn't does have something to do with you. I don't know. You know what I mean, Maybe I'm getting blocked. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 10: You feel me, bro.
Speaker 3: You know, you know a lot of people call it we don't you know, we just go to random people.
Speaker 5: We have eight million monthly listening to show.
Speaker 15: I'm just saying, man, some guys seem like they getting way more through.
Speaker 5: The back come through the back door.
Speaker 15: And because I refuse to go through the back door, jasonally, they try to sense to me.
Speaker 7: I'm when I get thrown in the back door.
Speaker 10: Jason Ly.
Speaker 15: Now, I'm not talking about you try to come through the back door. Okay, that's how you always get on the radio.
Speaker 9: You're wasting your time track, that's Jay, that's men.
Speaker 5: You know you're waiting your time.
Speaker 15: Listen, listen, listen. Man, I'm going through something right now. You know I was able, me and my ex wife was able to come to a great decision, you know what I mean. You know, I got a child envy and he's getting ready to move out of state, and uh, you know that's one of the artist things as a parent. You know what I mean to be okay with because you know I've been there from day one.
Speaker 16: Becausen't me.
Speaker 15: I'm not going to still be there. But you know, we was able to come to an agreement to for me to allow my child to go out of state. Man, what state's going to Maryland and shout out to his mom. His mom just got engaged. She's a great mom and I have nothing bad to say about her. For me, you know what I mean. I'm sad about my son going out of sea that next year.
Speaker 5: It's not as bad Maryland's with a two and a half hour drive.
Speaker 15: But I won't be living in Jersey no more, can you. Yeah, I'm moving to Florida because right now, uh, my girlfriend that's gonna be my fiance. She's five months pregnant.
Speaker 3: So oh congrats, congratulations my brother. I respect it. You know what you gotta do for your family.
Speaker 10: I'm not mad at but.
Speaker 15: It's hard shall man, you know what I mean, because you know, I never thought i'd be at this junction in life where my son is going to a different state. But you know, I'm gonna be able to deal with it because me and I was able to communicate as mature people and we actually brought our moms and dads to the table to media you know what I mean, So it was dope to keep it out of the courts, you see me.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, all right, bro.
Speaker 16: Man appreciate it.
Speaker 15: Basically check out my YouTube page man showing store on TV. You know what I mean, because you inspired me. Charlotte inspired me, you know what I mean? And b buil me for all y'all do in the media. Game Man, all right, I know I'm a satitation driver, but I'm trying to come out of here and I do it for the culture.
Speaker 9: Man, he's out and also just the reader. In a point twelve play had twelve songs on it. Your Body's Calling, Bumping Grind, seems like You're ready, Sadie and sect Me Paul one in part two are the best songs on that on that album.
Speaker 5: Everything else that's that's garbage. What else on now?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Freak that body.
Speaker 3: I like the crotch on you, some of Bunnies Bunny people like some of Bunny Bunny.
Speaker 5: I don't even remember. I don't even know what I like. The crotch on you is, yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I'm telling this album is it's like half and half. It's like a bunch of like five great records and the rest is Philip.
Speaker 8: Is it just me? Or do you get uncomfortable listening to the titles of R. Kelly songs?
Speaker 6: I like the crotch on you right? All right, anyway, get it off your chest? Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: Ray right, ray yo, Charlae mane y.
Speaker 17: What are we losing?
Speaker 5: This is your time to get it off your chest? An indoor pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club on the.
Speaker 18: Phone right now here, tell you what it is we Hello, who's this Amy from Jacksonville, Florida.
Speaker 10: Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: Y'all lost last night, Yes, but.
Speaker 19: We put a hall on the line.
Speaker 17: We put a heart out there.
Speaker 20: And even though we've all say it was a good game, I thought it was going to be a walk in the park. That I just want to say, prayers go out to Trevor Lawrence and Christian Kirk and hopefully we got some good news today and we should still take this all the way.
Speaker 10: Oh, Trevor Lawrens got injured.
Speaker 5: I fell asleep, Yes, oh wow, yeah damn. But he says it's an ankle spring he'd be alright. So you got an ankle spring. It's not yet. Oh okay, I told you she'd been the whole morning long I saw seven hours ago it said he stuffers ankle spring.
Speaker 20: Yeah, well that's what it is. There's no official announcement till Doug Peerson announced it later this morning.
Speaker 5: Hopefully you gotta do it, Mr. Right, true true, true, Mama, Thank you, Duba. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: Hey Derek?
Speaker 5: Hey Derek, what get off your chest?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 16: I got something on my chest.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 16: I want to talk about the price of a good man. Okay, So I don't know a good that doesn't have an empty wallet and a broken fact. But now you get you get, you get you a bad man. They got a pocket full of money and they take me.
Speaker 8: That sounds like me, I'm not bad.
Speaker 16: Well, hey, I'm just saying you'd be nod. But you don't hear about good women anymore.
Speaker 5: That's not true.
Speaker 6: What's your definition of a good woman? You just told us a definition of a good man. What's a good woman?
Speaker 16: A good woman is the old days, the old school women, the ones that take care of the home, take care of you know. Women don't watch this is no more for it. They don't play in the house no more. They don't do none of those things.
Speaker 10: That's not true.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna tell you something, man, I got a plethora of amazing sisters around me that do both. They know how to navigate in the corporate world and get their money, and they know how to be domesticated at home, you know, and they always be to hooked them up with people.
Speaker 3: And I'll be like, no, because I don't know no brothers like a worthy and I don't even like to get involved in my friends relationships like that.
Speaker 16: Well, what generation are they?
Speaker 21: In?
Speaker 5: Thirties forty five?
Speaker 7: But the generator new generation got dishwashers. Do y'all really want women washing? That's true too. I don't want to walk by see anybody washing dishes. Put them in a dishwasher, keep it pushing.
Speaker 5: That's true too.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm just staying I've been married for twenty five years and I've been you know, a good man. And I'll tell you what. Every bone in my body's hurting.
Speaker 5: Damn Well, Derek, you need to get an ass in the dishwasher time.
Speaker 16: But at the same time, you say that's the thirty year olds, Well, you don't know, you don't realize it until you're about forty or fifty. That's when all of that's when everything starts hurting and you start noticing that your wallet is.
Speaker 7: Stim Yeah, that's just age though, broh Well, and after twenty five years of marriage, if every bone in your body is hurting, she's still doing her job.
Speaker 5: But I'm bumpboo.
Speaker 16: Your bones are hurting because you're doing everything around the house and you're doing all the work.
Speaker 7: You have a particular age. You missed the bone joke. Yeah, bone joke.
Speaker 17: Ah man, I missed the bone joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was talking about the other bone, bro. But does that bone still work?
Speaker 5: That's all that?
Speaker 16: Oh man, that's the thing about it. It works better than my in my back.
Speaker 6: Well, you better be appy because there's a lot of brothers out there in their forties that bones don't work.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 16: But also brothers know that everything stops once to get married after about fifteen years.
Speaker 5: What's wrong? You just missed the negative this morning?
Speaker 15: Bro.
Speaker 16: Uh uh No, I'm wise, wise and in a good move.
Speaker 5: Al right. Well you have a good with mister good move.
Speaker 16: At anime pist. You know we know people, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, all astrological signs people Okay, I'm the only afthroological sign that knows some people.
Speaker 7: He said, a great day.
Speaker 6: All right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now we got rooms on the way.
Speaker 5: Jason, what were talking about?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Genni mine's out here in these streets putting Gez on blast, saying she's guted because she found out she was getting a divorced when everybody else did.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll talk about that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Cloak in the morning.
Speaker 5: The Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody is TJ MV. Charlamagne, the gud.
Speaker 18: We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Jason. Let's get to the room. Z.
Speaker 5: Do not be alarmed.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Jason Lane.
Speaker 7: I'm bad.
Speaker 22: I don't want.
Speaker 10: All the Hollywood Unlocked viewers.
Speaker 5: What's happening.
Speaker 22: Don't even waste your time trying.
Speaker 7: To compete to me, Nick, this is the rumor report. I knew I can talk my on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 7: I'm in my mental health process, but I am cocking lover.
Speaker 3: Nick.
Speaker 7: Listen as Shanti and Nelly are expecting their first kids, So congratulations to them.
Speaker 5: I just don't drop in the clues. Bonds for Nelly and a Shanty love to hear. You know.
Speaker 7: They dated from two thousand and three to twenty thirteen and then somehow it just went away. But now you know, Nelly circled the block and he's back with Ashantia now after ten years of being on and off, they now have the first child together.
Speaker 9: If you love something, let it go if it comes back to us yours. Has that been confirmed confirmed to that official afford?
Speaker 7: Well, listen, you know they shocked the world when they got back together. But you know they were on stage recently and they were making some jokes about something and if she rubbed her stomach, So everybody online starts speaking it and US Weekly came out and said that they have a source that confirmed that they are indeed expanding their family.
Speaker 9: Well, let's pray for a Shanti to have a healthy pregnancy. Absolutely, you know what I mean, because you know how you know, we know all the issues that black women have nowadays, black maternal you know, deathfred is crazy. So let's pray for Ashanti to have a healthy, healthy pregnancy.
Speaker 7: And this will be her first child. And the people online said, oh, I don't know if it's real. Maybe it's a Shanti doesn't give me the type of person that would do something like that, and this.
Speaker 5: Would be what Nelly stirred in her first right.
Speaker 9: Yep, we'll know for sure if they don't confirm it, will know for sure. If we don't see none of the fire ass vacation picks Ashanti before, So we don't see.
Speaker 5: These for the next seven months. Now, you know what I mean, You'll still see it. She just won't be drinking in them, know what you mean.
Speaker 3: It's to be showing body what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: You still show body, well knowing that body, I mean, if you listen, you idiot.
Speaker 6: I'm not You still see it because she got time before she gets big, and you know when she don't know how many much she is.
Speaker 7: She pushed that bodysuit on two, so we'll see when she performs, all right, well listen on. Another thing we will see is Gennie Maie. She is on a world tour. Just throw g Z under the butt.
Speaker 5: She's trying to snowban and I don't like it.
Speaker 7: You know what I don't like about this to see the black man never gets credit for the grace that he gives. You know, when the news broke that he was getting a divorce, I was in the process of scheduling an interview with him, and he canceled the interview, saying that he did not want to talk about his family. He did not want to talk about his relationship or his marriage. I didn't know what was happening. Then when it came out, I hit his team, and his team said they weren't even.
Speaker 8: Aware that he was filing for divorce.
Speaker 7: Well, Jennie May is now speaking out on her unexpected divorce from Gez, and she went on the Jennifer Hudson Show because that's where you go when you want to get your word across. I guess.
Speaker 8: We all know Jennifer Hudson's illiterate.
Speaker 7: Well, look, she went on the show to talk to her about whatever she.
Speaker 8: Wanted to talk about, and this is what she said about the divorce.
Speaker 12: Genny, things are different from the last time you will hear some expected news broke about your your marriage.
Speaker 23: I was going through things in marriage ended in divorce and it was kind of hard. So yeah, it's what I'm dealing with day by day, you know.
Speaker 22: And how are you doing now?
Speaker 23: Well I'm doing I think I'm doing better now, you know. I think at the time when I found out, you know, at the same time as the rest of the world, that my marriage was ending in divorce, I was gutted. Today it's about picking up the pieces. It's about discovering me and being a mom to the best blessing in my life, my little girl.
Speaker 2: That's sent a way to have the process living in the duty of life.
Speaker 23: Even though this year I met the most broken version of me, I also met the strongest version.
Speaker 22: I love how you said.
Speaker 9: That everyone is allowed to tell that story. But to your point, Jason, Jeezy is going out of his way to not be messy. Same situation happened with me when I hosted The Daily Show back in November, reached out.
Speaker 5: To Gz to be a guest. Jeez was like, I was doing.
Speaker 9: I just don't want to have to talk about the divorce, you know what I mean. So he's going out of his way to not want to be messy. So I feel like, you know, she's she's she's starting to get a little messy, and I don't like.
Speaker 7: Oh, it gets better than that. She is the grace that you give that you don't that. People don't see that. You don't get credit for a few days before that, she said that she alleged that he cheated on her and per their pre nup. You know, Jesus is gonna have to pay up a whole bunch of money, and so his lawyer is saying that it's all cap. And you know, I don't know. Black men don't cheat, that's cap. Black men don't cheat, well, don't cheat. You don't think so, No, No, Jase, I don't know what movement you got Jesus your I don't think he cheated either. And the thing about it is, once you get a chance to meet Jez and get to know JZ, he just seems like a really solid dude. Now for people who forgot, especially Jennifer Hudson, this is why these daytime talk shows are feeling because y'all don't be doing your real work. Remember Jennie Mai was on the Real, keeping it real about what she really thought about black men, actually dark skinned black men.
Speaker 5: This is what she said, you take it black.
Speaker 21: I love y'all, I did, But for me, dark meat on the side white keeps me mean and lean. You know, that's why.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's why I like, what do you mean dark? I am not, I'm not.
Speaker 21: I'm saying like, I like, I really do think black men are attractive.
Speaker 5: I do, like that's my what do you mean dark meat on the side?
Speaker 2: That means honey, that's you.
Speaker 22: Know what that means?
Speaker 5: And what are you reading it? Att?
Speaker 2: How did you say it?
Speaker 3: I like, dark man? I do you like your main man to be white?
Speaker 5: And I mean clearly that stance changed.
Speaker 9: I would love to hear how she feels about dark meat now, though somebody who have to ask her how she feels about dark meat and the should ask her just like that.
Speaker 5: So, Jennie, Matt, how do you feel about dark meat? Now?
Speaker 7: I mean, part of the challenge is a lot of women who are not black women, let's just keep it real, fetishized black men because of our penises and all of that and the swag and you know whatever. But but we don't know exactly what went on in their marriage.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 9: I know, black men don't cheat, and I don't like this lie that genmy miles perpetuating that black man cheat.
Speaker 7: Okay, Tristan Thompson is still in these streets and he's.
Speaker 9: A young he's moving like a young boy. Black men don't cheat. Black boy.
Speaker 5: Cheat, That's right. I have a boy mentality.
Speaker 7: So that's what when you grow up.
Speaker 3: You let you let go up those childish ways, those childish things.
Speaker 5: Okay. The Bible even says that. I just can't remember the script now today it does say that.
Speaker 3: But the Bible say black men, no cheating. It says let go of childish ways. First Corinthia, thirteen eleven. When I was a child, it just came to me. When I was a child, I spoke as a child. I understood as the child. I thought of the child. When I became a man, I put away childish things.
Speaker 7: I just can't take you serious with the Boondocks sweater on. It's the comedy.
Speaker 3: You should take me serious with the Boondocks sweater On just one of the great greatest TV shows about black social commentary in the history.
Speaker 7: We can't even take Tamar's reaction in the real series because she dating a white man.
Speaker 8: Now, like, what is going on?
Speaker 5: You see the thing? The thing about Jason Lee, he comes in here with this chopping he just saw. He just talks frying. He don't care who's in the way.
Speaker 7: He canceled the Jenniferson Show because she let Jeezi take a hit by that woman who only want her dark meat on the side.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, what is up with you in Jennifer Hudson. I'll be seeing you always think that, y'all.
Speaker 7: To Jennifer Hudson, we got something in common? What's that She's day in common?
Speaker 5: You dayd common?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, when we come back, tesl. The figure out from Page News is.
Speaker 7: The breakfast log.
Speaker 13: Good morning, the breakfast club. Your morning's will never be the.
Speaker 6: Same, mourning everybody is seen j MV. Charlamagnea gud we are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page News. We got Jason I guess co host and tis back what up tears?
Speaker 11: Good morning DJ, and we have the future counselman, Jason Lee. Very proud of you for stepping up and running. And good morning charlamagnea.
Speaker 5: God to the hood.
Speaker 10: Whisper.
Speaker 6: Now Monday night football, the Bengals beat the jack was last night, thirty four to thirty one.
Speaker 5: Now let's jump right into it. Let's talk about social media.
Speaker 2: Yes, social media.
Speaker 11: There is a study that came out that said social media's were coming to go to place for young parents. Now, this study revealed that eight and ten parents are now seeking parental guidance on social media platforms. Researchers in Michigan say this trend underscores the growing reliance on these platforms as valuable resources of parents of young children, with fifty percent of the participants considering social media very useful for discovering parental strategies.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 11: Common topics that they go to social media for are toilet training, sleep habits, nutrition, breastfeeding, discipline, behavior issues, vaccinations, daycare, preschool, and social and action. The researchers say that the parents participating in these conversations to gain a variety of viewpoints, while a lot of them also appreciate the convenience of the platform. Now, I just want to throw this out to you guys and see because there is a difference to me between reading articles by professionals and then folks going to social media and in the comments and just listening to random strangers with no receives to back up you know, their playing.
Speaker 2: So what do you guys think about that?
Speaker 22: Is it?
Speaker 2: Jason?
Speaker 11: You obviously run Hollywood Unlock. It shouldn't be a go to place for young parents or what.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 7: I think it's a good place to go just to see what's going on. But I you know, we do a lot of research and we take a lot of responsibility what we report, but the comments section could change the report, and by the end of the comments it's turned into something different. I think that, you know, a lot of people aren't really giving the blogs a lot of credit. But you know, we do shift conversations and we do shift narratives. So I mean, yeah, I just think there needs to be a certain level of responsibility on the on the platforms, but parents shouldn't really solely on social media.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with Jason. I think it's a great place to look. I mean there's so many different ideas. I mean, parents have tried too many different things with their kids.
Speaker 3: And especially the things that you're talking about, which is always difficult, whether it's potty training, whether it's getting your kids to sleep at certain times, and different parents use different things, and a lot of times some of these parents, their parents ain't here anymore, so they don't have that advice to ask somebody.
Speaker 6: So I'm not mad at the social media thing. I mean, I even go to social media. I done found Now this has to do with cooking. I done found some crazy recipes on social media when it came to garlic bread and all types of crazy breakfasts that my kids just enjoyed it. I would have never thought about. So I'm not mad at people going to social media.
Speaker 9: Yeah, young parents need to be going on there and making sure their kids aren't on there.
Speaker 5: Okay, auto monitor what their kids are doing.
Speaker 9: Young parents need to be going to older parents who have experienced Okay, call mama called grandma if you can't call them live. If you can't call Mama called grandma, you know some older parent or some parent who's had a lot of experience raising their child. That's who you need to be talking to. And if you all gonna, you know, pay attention to people on social media, just bet who you follow it correct, because everybody on social media not crazy, correct, But you just gottavet them.
Speaker 7: And I met with somebody who was at the top of Instagram and they said to me, the new trend with kids is that they're posting on social media. You see most of these young people's accounts, they only have like two posts and there's no more posts.
Speaker 5: But they got all these followers.
Speaker 7: He said, most of the conversations, most of the traffic is happening in the dms now groups, shadow accounts, so you know, it's not only just what you see, is what you don't see. So I think the parents need to not just rely on social media when they raising kids.
Speaker 8: You need to know what your kid is up to.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm just scared listening to people in these comments. So I agree with you Charlotte too.
Speaker 2: I agree both it.
Speaker 11: I think information is always good, but again it's not necessarily people are just looking at the information and betting the people that are following. They're listening to people in the comments, random people that we know nothing about that may be given bad advice. But I do like that old school advice, like where's the auntie's at? You know, it's telling you how to make them sit on the pot. I'm a mom, obviously, you know those experiences really do matter. So when I've read this, first thing came to my mind is I said, I guess say, no, the auntie's around, you know, trying to help FORUL. Like you said, DJV, parents may not be around. I've lost both my.
Speaker 2: Parents today too.
Speaker 3: It could be something as simple as you know, I'm going through party training right now with my two year old and maybe a parent on this says, hey, I read I read this book to my daughter every day, which helps her.
Speaker 5: With bowel movements. And I might try that, you know what I mean. That doesn't mean it's wrong.
Speaker 3: It just might be a good idea that I'll try that something outside of my other five kids that didn't work, you know, I mean, so you just never know it times and about Test.
Speaker 7: Test, she will find you in them comments because she's been on Hollywood on Lot correct to say.
Speaker 5: She corrected the.
Speaker 7: CEO of Hollywood on lock and she you know you probably thought with all the mens and followers out and see it, I saw you in them comments, corrected me.
Speaker 5: But you know that was intentional shade that I was throwing.
Speaker 7: But thank you Test for holding me down and making sure that I was on top of my p's and Q I saw you.
Speaker 5: Comments.
Speaker 11: I remember he was gonna say that, DJA Listen.
Speaker 7: She said, Oh, Jason, I'm not sure if you know, but there was an error made here.
Speaker 5: I said, look at test tests, don't play in the comments. Listen.
Speaker 6: Let's jump right quick to the fourth Republican debate, Yes, quickly.
Speaker 11: The fourth Republican debate is tonight of the Iowa Coucas is more than a little month away, and so they will be having their final debate.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be a good one.
Speaker 11: Folks who are scheduled to appear as Nikki Haley, Ron De Santis, vivid Rama, saw Me, and also Chris Christie.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 11: It'll be tonight at eight pm on News Nation and it should be very very spice seat, uh, you know, as we get ready to go into the car, because it's so Jason, will you be participating in a debate when you run the city council?
Speaker 16: Yas?
Speaker 7: Okay, everybody, this is where they sleep. They looking at Hollywood unlocked. Whatever they call a celebrity, Jason Ley, I don't see means a celebrity, but this public figure. I worked eleven years in the labor movement. This is what I do. I'm calling all the forums and asking them can y'all hurry up and publish the dates? Because I'm prepared. I have pulled every receipt. I know what My research game is crazy. Yes, I'm doing every single forum.
Speaker 3: They can't nobody read like a gay man.
Speaker 7: Man, that's gonna be means oh, oh, let me tell you the reading. It's first of all, they're going up in my neighborhood.
Speaker 8: Are crazy, Oh man.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be great.
Speaker 11: Well, I hope you televise it and are some type of way that the people can tap in.
Speaker 2: I just want to say this before we close out.
Speaker 11: It is critically important that we get people to run on the state in the city level.
Speaker 2: So I'm very, very proud of you.
Speaker 11: We talk about federal all the time, but you are absolutely doing the most important thing and what affects the people the most, which is on the city left.
Speaker 2: So they're proud of you.
Speaker 15: Brother.
Speaker 5: What channels did the bate coming on? I feel like this the beach snuck up on us.
Speaker 10: I didn't even.
Speaker 11: Some News Nation, so that's yeah, that's you know, actually making Kelly and a lot of folks who got I guess kicked out for Fox.
Speaker 2: They went over the News.
Speaker 5: I'm shocked that they were able to land a to be.
Speaker 7: I'm shocked Ryan DeSantis is showing up after Gavin laid him out the way he did recently.
Speaker 11: If I say, and I think Newsom did a good job. Some people in the room. Yeah, some some other people in the room disagree, but I think I was impressed.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The reason I wasn't in press because I look at Candidas and I say, are they winnable?
Speaker 5: And they win.
Speaker 9: I don't think that Gavin Newsom right now could win the Rush Belt?
Speaker 5: Are the South?
Speaker 3: Just for simple things like you know, you can't look at that.
Speaker 9: Picture and just simply say, hey, that's that's inappropriate for third graders, but that don't got nothing to do with your book then.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Like you can't do little things like that. You never went over the rust belt.
Speaker 11: And I totally agree with that, Like, I agree with that, but I also training hundreds of candidates a year and organizers to understand what governors do.
Speaker 2: I think it was an important learning lesson.
Speaker 11: I know Charlamagne said they could be done at another time, but I just think it's important to know what these governors are in charge of and to watch them sort that out, you know, because a lot of folks just did not have a clue.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was.
Speaker 11: Good to watch two governors actually talk about what they're doing in their state and have the receipts to back it up. They have so many more opportunities than people on the federal level. Congress people they just so. I thought it was a good learning tool personally, I.
Speaker 5: Agree, but I don't think people can unless you live in that state.
Speaker 7: Boy, and Gavin is doing he is doing too much on gun control, like California right now is getting scared with us being able to protect ourselves.
Speaker 9: So I just read a story this morning in the New York Post about how this guy shot and killed someone because five mass intruders ran up in their house in La Yeah, la home and being shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Five men with dark hoodies in math broke into a home and one of them was shot dead by the homeowner.
Speaker 7: One of my friends who is name as Vince Rischi. He recently came home, had his ear pods in. Two guys jumped over the fence, went to the roblem. He turned around with it and pulled a gun out shot at them to defend himself. They took a CCW away, and now they're talking about he may be brought.
Speaker 8: Up on charge.
Speaker 7: Why didn't take a CCW way, I don't know why this is gun license been criticizing.
Speaker 8: The police and how they handled it, you know.
Speaker 7: And I've even had to reach out to mayorbaths and say, hey, this is a person that gives back to the community. He is a licensed gun owner, he's protecting his family, he just had a baby, and now they flipped it around and made him the bad guy. So California right now, when it comes to gun control, is out of control, all.
Speaker 2: Right, and I believe it.
Speaker 11: But then also I just want to point this out for the Room for take Room Newsom's done a lot that a lot of people approve of, like taking out the gun enhancement. You know, sentence rules for people who were in prison already did their time for the crime. Having a gun enhancement kept them in prison even longer. So people are getting out of like fifty and sixty years old who have been sitting there for a very long time, going back and correcting a lot of that stuff that was put in by the crime be a by the way that So I just I guess we could talk about this, We could go on and on about the good and bad, but the point is we need to know what people can do on the the state level, on.
Speaker 6: The local left and get involved, all right, Well, get in his front page news.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Tiz.
Speaker 3: Yes, make sure he subscribing telim Figures podcast was great shot No Chasing podcasts on the Blackspack iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at Teszlan figure on all social media platforms. All right, now, when we come back, the Locks will be in the building celebrating the twenty fifth anniversary of their album Money Power and Respect.
Speaker 6: And we're gonna kick it with them when we come back, So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. More than everybody's d J M V. Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: You got some special guest in the.
Speaker 3: Building, Old Doubt deep Blocks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you just got back.
Speaker 5: I ain't know you had that though, No red meat.
Speaker 16: What happened?
Speaker 10: Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 5: You'll feeling every day?
Speaker 7: Feel great?
Speaker 5: Man? Woke up today?
Speaker 9: Man, absolutely, y'all here celebrate in twenty five years of Money Power Respect. The concerts y'all having at the Westchester yes December sixteen, sixteen.
Speaker 3: There Bach Square is gonna be amazing coming back home, man, that play is gonna be crazy.
Speaker 5: Man, that's the first time performed there.
Speaker 7: We've done it one.
Speaker 3: Time before, but not like this, not ourselves. It was a rough rid at X show. Yeah, and we came out and did a couple of from the hood and just went there and did it.
Speaker 7: Actually we were.
Speaker 3: Never in our whole career performed and I don't think west Chester really which is damn their hometown.
Speaker 7: Yeah pretty much, Yeah, absolute backyard.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah. Shout out to Big Joe, New Life and my brother Joe.
Speaker 24: What up.
Speaker 3: We uh seen each other a few years ago and said we was going to make sure we did something together, and uh opportunity popped up and it's uh fortunate enough that we were able to do it.
Speaker 5: And uh while I'm here, please nobody called me for tickets? Go by them.
Speaker 7: Absolutely now will fall get ready, y'all? Yep, let's go.
Speaker 9: Why was it important for y'all to have youall own, you know, fifty feth year of hip hop celebration as well as celebrate twenty five years the money for power respect.
Speaker 7: Let's bring it home. Let's bring it home.
Speaker 3: They both they both fell online. We're celebrating both. And when you think about it, like, you know, it really didn't hit.
Speaker 5: Me this until this year. I mean, the whole hip hop is fifty fifty is not a big, big.
Speaker 3: Number, like you know what I mean. Hip hop is a Philly I'm forty nine. You just turned forty nine the other day. So hip hop is basically a.
Speaker 5: Young, strong male female whatever you want to call it. But it's at a nice young age.
Speaker 3: And for us to have twenty five years in and been doing this this many years of our lives, it's, you know, more than.
Speaker 5: Half of our lives.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 7: I feel like I've been doing it forever.
Speaker 5: We have where you've been, you know this earlier to do this show.
Speaker 25: I got off the video game of like four in the morning this morning, so I'm like, yo, dude, you really got your game.
Speaker 5: I'm a gamer. Yeah, he's a big time game.
Speaker 3: Yeahatic Nah, I was on. I was on Assassin's somewhere they shoot corners. Have you figured a way to make money off of you? Well, of course, I know how.
Speaker 25: I just don't be getting on too much with these trying the name maybe talking mad to you man, young boys?
Speaker 5: What yeah, talking on that.
Speaker 3: Definitely do need a cheek loots video game, That's for sure. I'd be definitely. I was gonna ask, you know, as a group, and I know you guys get these questions all the time. But as a group, besides the albums and the projects and the good material that you put out, y'all haven't had any internal beefs that that went public. Right, And you guys have done anything, whether it's Woo Block, whether it was solo, whether it was kissed doing this old thing, I haven't had any internship.
Speaker 7: You should really salute that morecess, right.
Speaker 3: How do y'all do that? Because most groups will be like, how do y'all do that? The closest groups get into a beef for a bicker. But y'all, but I can tell you that our brotherhood comes first. I mean that was an oath we we made come in in the game and were stuck by it because if a lot of people you let material items, money and other people being in your ears separate you. We're brothers without this, like you know what I'm saying, and shut the industry down today, there's no more music, no Instagram, no record sales or nothing.
Speaker 5: It's still gonna be the same brotherhood between us. You know, you really love each other.
Speaker 7: That's a word word other, you know what.
Speaker 25: So, like Joe and Matteo, they've been on a group text with us recently, right, And I know y'all see the difference between us and everybody as far as like, like we talk to each other in the morning, like, Yo, what you're doing.
Speaker 7: You're gonna hit the trail, You're gonna do this, You're gonna what you're doing? How you working out?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 25: Kids said the feeling well sounds of telling them like Yo, eat this, do this and that, Like it's I guarantee these other people ain't talking like that with each other.
Speaker 7: No interest in even like how you feel, you know.
Speaker 3: Even when it comes to music, right, like this song is, but there's only been two members on this song? Has it only been one member on? And nobody's ever got an attitude of felt the way? Or is it just got word up?
Speaker 5: I'm you win.
Speaker 3: If you win, I win, like if you if you keep that mentality, if kids win, me and him or win, whoever wins, it's a win for the whole team.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, when we get on a song, we aim to bust each other's ass.
Speaker 3: I never, I never ever want you to immediately go chica kiss had a better versity. Never, But when it happens, I'm happy and I accept it and it is what it is, and it's like, all right, we'll be in the studio. I'd be like, you got that one. I see you on the next record. I think that's I think you have to have a healthy line of communication and be gold oriented. Then you have to remember when you was broke together. Like we come from busting down the Chinese plate.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get the cut it man, cut that three ways, dog like you know what I mean. So when you when you're used to that, and win's a win. So we all win in one win.
Speaker 9: So even when y'all talk about missing songs, right like she you don't ever feel a way even when Benjamin's come on now, that.
Speaker 3: Feels the way when Benjamin's come on, Yeah, yeah you in the video though, now a bunch of them stories about I didn't show up to I wasn't knowing that that song Mariah and all that.
Speaker 7: I'm on the Benjamins though, yeah.
Speaker 5: You on Benjamin, No, I mean it was rocking anyway. He's doing it.
Speaker 3: He's doing I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do his hypes. I'm gonna do the ad Limbs and were in the same bag. We're gonna we're gonna get the same bag. We're gonna bust it down, Diddy. Yeah, making that's not how it happened. Yeah, well yeah it was Diddy's on it.
Speaker 5: I'm not the kiss Rolle Diddy verse. Put the whole song together. I told you.
Speaker 25: I was like, man, yes, he put the whole song together, she said she we came in Puff was playing the track.
Speaker 7: We didn't think.
Speaker 25: We didn't really want the track. Missy said, Yo, let me here, you spit to that strictly trying to compose. It wasn't for that. Anybody just wrapped and all that. Miss was like, Yo, we're gonna we're gonna do you on this joint. Do that, and then you're gonna write Puff's verse.
Speaker 7: And that's how it went. And then like I don't know what styles like how it went right right then?
Speaker 5: And there?
Speaker 10: Did you write it real?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hey, that can't remember what it was, Missy told you not. Miss he put the old joint. I love playing thompsoner somebody that he moves and I'm like, who is this person? She beat boxing and all that, Missie, I love you look great right now. But yeah, that's how it happened.
Speaker 5: He was like, who is this?
Speaker 7: Like we didn't even know her.
Speaker 5: If I didn't, really it was crazy.
Speaker 7: I didn't like the beat, yeah, none of us.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I really didn't like the beat, like at the time, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 25: And it was he did one hundred remixes fast Funs, Bubble on the Member of the Wrong Room from styles.
Speaker 3: I'm mad about the Benjamins it if I'm chic, I'm mad about We're gonna make it.
Speaker 7: We're gonna make it work.
Speaker 5: You remember, We're gonna make it.
Speaker 25: I went they was in the hood. They was in Rough Riders studio. I walked in, like what you're doing.
Speaker 10: Was playing?
Speaker 5: They coming in and out.
Speaker 25: I'm like, oh man, all right, trying to catch up basket like yo, I think he's gonna say like Mariah or something like that. Now we're we're gonna make it right, all right, cool?
Speaker 5: Cool, We don't want to be on it. Hell, y'all would have they would have invited me. I went there that day.
Speaker 25: Because theting on that round was probably in the hood whatever whatever, And then I came to the studio.
Speaker 3: It's just like Kiss is social, he's anti social, and I'm the one in between.
Speaker 25: Okay, So Lucia have if it's a lot of people and a lot of like people around.
Speaker 5: He don't want to be around, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So the studio some days he'll come out of there depending a little rough out of who was there, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Everything happens for a.
Speaker 3: Reason, because we wouldn't have d blocked studios if it wasn't for like he was the one with the vision.
Speaker 5: Let's get our own place. Let's get it. Let's so we could always.
Speaker 3: Rock and have a certain feeling and a certain environment and control of it and not have to pay for hourly rates somebody else.
Speaker 5: So that's pretty much how I forgot what album?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 5: What album? Is we gonna make it on? That's a good damn question. Kiss album? I think it's a ye kiss that to me? Then yeah, yeah, Hi, we got more with Styles and sheek Loots. You don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ NV Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Styles P and sheek Loot from the Locks. Of course they got the huge cards of going down December sixteenth in west Chester, Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: You don't want to ask you about a couple of DMX records too cheek. You wanna get at Me dog? You remember when y'all recorded that?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I can't well, but X wasn't in the studio right there when I just want to be Killers get at I've went down there. They called me, called me, said y'all, I need you come write this hook. And I went down there wrote the hook? Did it got in the booth?
Speaker 3: Because I heard her say before, like yo, nah he wrote the hook? Or like then I heard DC he wrote the hook?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, but yeah, this is my papers.
Speaker 5: Who you get the publishing? I wrote that hook man?
Speaker 7: Absolutely want to be Killers, Get at Me dog? All that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Styles you was on used to be my dog. He was in my left Yeah, but you weren't credited on the album mefod. I don't remember you being I don't remember your name being on the out.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We barely even looked at credits back then. That's the crazy.
Speaker 3: Yes, Wow, you didn't say feature in Styles at least the time?
Speaker 5: Kisses on there too, right, No, just kisses on the hook, kisses on it, kisses that what you're doing? I think I may be on it with him be my dog.
Speaker 3: He was know you got a verse verse verse, but you don't say features. Yeah, I love you too, Joah Job.
Speaker 5: Yeah the song was about Joh.
Speaker 7: Was it you didn't know that?
Speaker 26: God?
Speaker 8: Yes it was?
Speaker 5: What was it kidding even know if you know that? No, No, Job, I don't think.
Speaker 19: John know that.
Speaker 5: Yes he do? Wow? Got kidding me give like I'm into Yes, it was wow.
Speaker 7: What was that about action?
Speaker 10: Joh having beef?
Speaker 5: There was dogs like? It was dogs. Job, Let me get in this joint real quick. Let me throw the dogs. Damn you just jump on that. You My man got beef. I got beef. That's how.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's how.
Speaker 5: The most time I said, that's how it is.
Speaker 3: He's in and I'm in it with him. That's what that's That's how we're going to give it up.
Speaker 25: That's funny thought breaking news when.
Speaker 5: You do these that ain't breaking news, ain't nobody They definitely to know that. You had to know that.
Speaker 9: Listen to the lyrics and damn listen when y'all do shows like the twenty five Year Show, is it bittersweet because so many of your people are.
Speaker 25: Here, they pivot the moments. Well, I mean like x X song, Big like stuff like that. Yeah, certain people, but not everybody.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 3: Pretty much every show we wrap X and Big anyway, you know what I mean, we make sure to do that. And when we go do a show, we go out and have a good time. We're going to give a good time. We're going to give a good time for the crowd just in general. Not the shows though, but in general. Sometimes you sit and you know, you you definitely wish those folks were still around, like, uh yeah, not a lot of mcs could get the save they've been around directly around Big and directly around X.
Speaker 7: Big Big pass like it was.
Speaker 25: It was incredible, like crazy. But like with X, with me, it's more like I can't believe that he ain't here. The difference like that, I can't believe X in here, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, X, like you know, we're from the same town. Big was our big brother industry wise. X is the reason we were on in the first place. So that's what makes you know X so much in our heart. Like he he was connected with rough riders first. Uh, he brought rough riders to us, us, the rough Riders whatever however.
Speaker 5: You want to say.
Speaker 3: Then we ended up getting on first and X never showed a bit of bitterness, never showed any no pun intended.
Speaker 5: But he never showed envy. He never showed any sort of ill feelings.
Speaker 3: He was happy for us, and he had the confidence and what he met his presence, knowing what he could do, like you know what I mean. And then as you see when he got in the industry, kicked the door all the way down and his outdoms and all of that stuff. So and especially the things he did, you know, we went from beatboxing and banging on mailboxes and having that same passion of sort of make it, you know, make it.
Speaker 5: It's a whole nother thing. So yeah, like it was. It was crazy to when when he went I want that to ask.
Speaker 3: You know, I was having this argument in conversation Biggie as a lyricistem, where do you rank Biggie as a lyricist as far as all these mcs?
Speaker 6: Because the best, That's what I said. I think a lot of people don't see it because they don't hear it as much.
Speaker 3: But it's a simple answer why he's the best. And there's a lot of great lyricists across the world. I feel he had the most different categories and styles he can fit under so you can rap gangster. He can give you a bones dug joint. He can give you something for the ladies, give you some yardy. He just had a lot of different categories. Storytelling, storyteller. I think most great mcs are like great at two things, maybe three things maximum. I think he was very well rounded with his ability to catch different pockets styles, his wordplay, and just his his flamboyance. But he had intricate details when he said something, you know what I mean. So I put him for me. He's always my number one. You just do have like a lot of music. You didn't have a lot of music. That's probably why any kind of debate on did he had what three albums? Yeah, but these guys got catalogs nowadays.
Speaker 5: Man, you know, twenty five years of money power. Respect.
Speaker 9: I don't know why, but in my mind I felt like as a consumer, we always felt like y'all didn't like that album.
Speaker 5: Especially when you started the whole money Power.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I always felt like, y'all, I love that album. Okay, I love the album.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that we didn't have the control we wanted and just being in the situation they came in we had to listen to like What's Hot in Houston, What's Hot in Detroit, and this, and that, you gotta make a song like this and that.
Speaker 7: We had no plans on rap them like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 25: But you know you're like, yo, listen, playboy, you gotta do this over here, and then this song is gonna pop over here, and you're like, all right, cool. You know that's the direction we was going by, I.
Speaker 3: Guess because y'all on the Shiny Shoot era so much. Yeah, people, Yeah, felt like we had to be strategic. We had to be strategic. And if you're gonna go to war with somebody, you gotta really especially somebody with more money than you, you have to kind of sit back, think and evaluate ways to strategically make your point of views and make people want to ride with you. You know, people, you got to think. At the time, before we put out our first album, we did a lot of mixtapeh so a lot of people came from it.
Speaker 5: That's where we came from.
Speaker 3: A lot of people were used to us digging in a certain way, so the mixtape wasn't the same thing as what you were getting there.
Speaker 5: So it's like when we flip. We need a few strategies to be able to take this war on. How hard was one of it? How hard you guys to do jiggy? Right? So I want you to break it down.
Speaker 6: So at the time, of course your bodied, every mixtape, your body in, every feature band from TV, you name it, and when puts on if.
Speaker 3: You think I'm just didn't put on jig that wasn't for real of one of the producers in there, Like I think people greased.
Speaker 5: And do it with the debate there's on the on the track?
Speaker 7: Did the remix? It was a remix? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't remember who it is. But we weren't. We weren't against the idea. I can tell you that straight straight up.
Speaker 3: Because we liked the Rod Stewart's song that it originated from, so we was with it.
Speaker 25: It really it was too much like I love it, it's not about it's probably one I wanted to get over with. And then the video like a bunch of the dances and stuff. It was just a little and all that.
Speaker 7: What was that right? Wasn't it was?
Speaker 5: I didn't like the leather, I remember that. I didn't like the din like the wardrobe, but make of the song.
Speaker 7: I wasn't put us in a different tax bracket.
Speaker 3: But you know, you don't get to the you know, if you if you it's like playing street ball. It didn't going to the Chicago Bulls. You got to listen to what the coaching them is saying. See what the see what the formula is. But you know, I love money power respect. To be honest with you, I love that album and the reason.
Speaker 5: I love it because that term still sticks up until today.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there's plenty of young artists who you know, money power respect like you you kind of know, yeah, they a lot of people live off that model.
Speaker 5: So it was it was worthwhile. I don't move.
Speaker 6: We got more with Sheik Louch and styles P's the Breakfast at the morning morning Everybody's DJ n V. Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast club is still kicking it with styles P and Chic Loot from the Locks. Of course they got the huge cards of going down December sixteenth in west Chester, Charlamagne.
Speaker 9: Do you think you think the trajectory of being on Bad Boy would have been different if Biggie was still.
Speaker 3: Absolutely thousand percent, absolutely a thousand percent because we had a uh organic connection.
Speaker 5: We had a very organic connection.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 3: Big was a beautiful soul like he was a very classy, charismatic dude because he didn't have to embrace us.
Speaker 5: That's the first. Like we're from Yonkers, New York.
Speaker 3: So the minute he heard us rom I'll never forget, he was like, y'all mother as Ron Bron, I'm glad y'all here and they hear somebody that achieved that much success say that to people he didn't know. And then we just kind of like, you know, we bring out weed, we bring what we drink.
Speaker 7: He was a boss up there too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was clear.
Speaker 25: He used to tell Puff like yo, like, but yo not Puff, that ain't them. Nah, they gotta do this, Nah, they gotta have them stay over here or nah. Like you know, he was like control even say something to Puff he was saying. He was He was like that he had a best interest.
Speaker 5: He could have win either way.
Speaker 3: Say we did you know he had a label, you know, like say were in a little midi room and he's in the big room. He said, come on, come over here and smoke, drink, light up, let's get right and you know, so it it was cool even for him to request us on his second you know it's my lab daye.
Speaker 25: That was hold up to like a club. We had a show something and play this our lyrics when the song was done. That's hard right outside.
Speaker 5: So if he was a live money five respect was sound like a whole different, I would I would assume, So I definitely would assume.
Speaker 9: So how did y'all feel about Fat Joe saying he lied in about ninety five percent of his songs.
Speaker 7: I ain't mad at you do.
Speaker 5: I ain't mad at him.
Speaker 10: That's what it is.
Speaker 25: I mean, listen, like you said, it is entertainment. You know, I didn't hear the whole thing he said. And like you said, he also said, they don't come in the narrow and and you know all these people in the movies like that.
Speaker 5: So I get it.
Speaker 25: And it shouldn't be all the lyrics should not be used in court and all that, because we all entertained it. We all like making stuff up here and there. You know, especially as you get older, it's like dog, come on, man, I ain't killed.
Speaker 3: R and B singers is lying in ninety five percent. Absolutely, Country singers a lie. Country may be harder than rap. You ever listen to country music, so we gotta.
Speaker 25: Be we'd be getting creative like he said, were getting creative. No, yeah, it ain't creative, Like yo.
Speaker 5: This is fire.
Speaker 3: Jackon five got one of the greatest Christmas oubure.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 3: I think the problem is with anything that's cultural and black up brown, which it's created with, that we get put on a pedal stool different than the whole world, and it's like its own set of rules, which is really sort of unfair.
Speaker 5: Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It is a fine line you have to walk being an artist, but you are, at the end of the day, an artist, Like I think people seem to seem to forget that. But I think with all of the things that happens in the black and brown communities, that people tend to put you on a pedal stool that they want you on, and then when you don't live up to it, that kind of upsets them.
Speaker 9: I wanted to ask you about Andre three thousand two saying that, being that he's forty eight, what is he gonna rap about?
Speaker 15: Nah?
Speaker 7: So much to talk about, Dre.
Speaker 3: It's a lot, man, Just how you worried in and put it you know, you don't got to of course, we ain't talking about being in the hallways or or trapping and all that too much.
Speaker 7: No more like you know what I mean. But it's a lot what you're been going through.
Speaker 25: Yeah, what you've been rapping about his traveling, I know about your life style right now, traveling.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, he's going ahead from you.
Speaker 5: Put something out. Man, He's one of the greatest thuff to do it.
Speaker 25: He could have wrapped over the flute beats, yeah, kill over instruments.
Speaker 3: I think even rapping about what is he gonna rap about is a good point of view because he gives different people different.
Speaker 5: Perspectives, you know.
Speaker 3: Now, so I got to ask go back to the concert. So of course the concert Saturday that Sething sixteen. The Westchester County sent us power respect. Now that you guys are are putting this on with the promoters. Yeah, now, friends, who are the friends bringing up?
Speaker 5: We're ready? Were ready? What was happening? We're ringing out the queen with the queen. M J B is gonna be in the building bringing up the queen. Let's go, so Mary j.
Speaker 3: In the line, We're gonna bring a few you got some people were making more announcements later, but right now, Mary J.
Speaker 7: All day, it's gonna be crazy to get your tickets now.
Speaker 5: That's the first time Mary been up there in a minute too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, get your nice outfit, get your bubbly ready you smell that alone.
Speaker 25: The Locks and m J B up there in Westchester County is gonna be stupid, stupid.
Speaker 5: December sixteen, Westchester County Center Now Locks album. Yeah, are we getting another one? Absolutely?
Speaker 7: When we got like a bunch of songs, don nothing like you've.
Speaker 5: Always got a bunch of songs, songs and put them on the side.
Speaker 7: We don't got no date, nothing like that.
Speaker 5: You don't have a date. We don't have a date. Probably, I would say in the winter we will probably lock in in the studio and get a focused focused But we do got we got we do have material that it was Puff, one of the friends.
Speaker 3: But in light of the circumstances, definitely not Puff not be there, Okay, Buffle, not be there.
Speaker 5: I'm not even playing with y'all.
Speaker 9: I'm it would make sense right not right now.
Speaker 5: And so we got Mary J. S that's gonna be sick. Have you spoke to him? Oh no, not at all.
Speaker 25: No man, to my Diddy said, I don't know who you met. Nah, I haven't spoke to him. I mean somebody should somebody somebody you know, like no, I.
Speaker 5: Mean like somebody should be out because I heard fifty say that before.
Speaker 7: Right, He's like, Yo, somebody got to reach out to.
Speaker 5: Him, man, and I think they should. You know, he definitely should, but talk to somebody, a therapist or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's definitely, definitely he definitely should definitely go talk to somebody. He definitely should go talk to somebody, and probably the people he hurt, if they, if they, if they, if they'll give him the air and time because you still mean into it allegedly allegedly pay for that, allegedly alleged. I just say, wow, you heard or what I didn't even save sexually, just in life everybody, not just puff everybody, Like, if you have a chance and then somebody you hurt in life and you're in a better place in your life, it's a healthy thing to reach out and just say, you know, my my fault if they go.
Speaker 25: On that kid though, Man, every little thing right, I'm not saying wrong, right, I'm just saying that I was like, yo, puff as sex with all his artist big even the Locks.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 5: You already man jumping on chick stomach. So they don't do this, and I'm like, what let me jump? All right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 27: Tickets, Rabbit, you could try stout, he would be claims going on trying sounds one claim.
Speaker 5: He would've been no clue.
Speaker 18: December sixteenth, twenty tickets, twenty power respect Yes, fifty years of hip hop.
Speaker 5: The tickets will send friends.
Speaker 6: Baby, this is not a fifty thousand sellar arenas, so get your tickets early.
Speaker 5: It will sell out. Don't call the group ticket tickets. Mary, we love you, we see you so on.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be crazy, y'all.
Speaker 3: The Locks, MJB and Moorester County Center, December sixteenth.
Speaker 5: Don't miss it. That Yeah, appreciate you guys for joining us.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's the breakfast Club. Come on high Pea shall Le's You'm right to the rumors.
Speaker 10: Jeez, do not be alone. I mean, good morning, Jason Lane.
Speaker 7: I'm damn.
Speaker 10: All the Hollywood unlocked yours.
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 22: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me.
Speaker 7: Nick, this is the rumor report. I knew I can talk myl on the Breakfast Club. I ain't gonna lie. I'm in my mental other processes, but I am cocking Nick Charlemagne's favorite Battie Nalie Nunn is in the news today. Oh you know, she was over in DC. Not sure what she was doing. Maybe she was booked and busy, but she went to DC recently and she tried to get in a restaurant. I guess she had a what do you call that reservation? She had reservations at the park. Now, the park is a very popular spot over in DC. She went for a dinner and apparently they didn't let her in, and this is what she said on social media.
Speaker 24: I had a table reserved, and when I walked up, they said, anyone that's affiliated with the Zeus network, we don't care. We don't like what you guys represent. We don't like your TV shows. I gave them my American Express card on file earlier to book a table. They said I could not come in because they don't like the black network that I work for.
Speaker 2: Who is the owner?
Speaker 24: Because he's not black.
Speaker 5: I promised her.
Speaker 7: I was just in d See this weekend and I went to the park twice in the same day.
Speaker 5: I love the park.
Speaker 8: They were fine with me.
Speaker 3: By the way, I think one hundred percent black on. I don't know hundred percent black home, but it's black home. It's definitely black on. The Park is a black owned restaurant. I'm not the highest grade week in dispentry, and I.
Speaker 7: Know that it is like the park is black on, Melissa and the shout out to the staff that everybody there was polite and uh, maybe they help me tearing stuff up.
Speaker 5: I mean that's true. I mean I don't know if that is the case.
Speaker 9: But you know, if you're coming in there and you might have cameras and stuff like that, they may not want that in they business.
Speaker 3: But not only that, if they've seen you on TV and they seen you in other establishments, and they've seen you do things in other establishments and you don't want that in your establishment, you have the right to be like, no, I don't want you in my spot.
Speaker 5: Is that a reason to refuse?
Speaker 28: So?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Yes. There's people that Jocelyn her Nad just can't come to the Jason Lee Show for what to tear it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Jason Lee Show is your own I mean, that's their own personal business. Too.
Speaker 9: But I wonder if she wanted to suit, which I doubt she would, but if she wanted to, is that something that would hold up in court? I just didn't want them in here because I don't like what they represent on TV.
Speaker 3: If there's proof that they fed up other establishments, and I don't want that in my establishment, I don't see why.
Speaker 10: Not y'all not lawyer.
Speaker 7: But also what also doesn't make sense. It's almost like the fat girls who want to sue Lizzo because she said they were fat. She's fat too, you That doesn't make sense of the black owned people said black people on Black Network because they fast, they said she fat shamed them or was discriminating.
Speaker 5: Oh I forgot all God damn you right? That was what was that last year?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Nobody remembers it because if we don't believe it, it's like we don't believe this now. I love you though, and shout out the Limeo because he keeps us in conversation like this next group of people blue.
Speaker 6: Face before we do, we're gonna discuss that next hour so we can get on the phone lines eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. Do you think it was foul that the rest of myanth establishment the park did not let Natalie None and her crew in there to I guess have lunch of club time, whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's fair?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 9: But and if you know somebody from the black owned establishment the park, or if you're from the park.
Speaker 5: Call up too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd love to talk to you and we'll have that discussion in a couple of minutes. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one.
Speaker 5: Especially the service because they cued over there.
Speaker 7: All right. Well, speaking of female, I'm male. Other girls were cute too. Everybody there was really nice. To ask you, everybody there was cute. They were all nice. I got to ask what you okay?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: Now, blue Face is also in the news him and both his baby moms.
Speaker 5: Well we don't know.
Speaker 8: I Kashawn's pregnant. She alleged that on the Jason Line Show, but.
Speaker 7: Blue Face says that he had to rescue his son after Kashawan Rock allegedly was seen out with another man. Now, after remaining pretty quiet, everybody's favorite trio, blue Face, Jay and Alexis and Krishan Rock are setting the Internet back on fire again Yesterday blue Face claimed that he had to rescue his son because Krishan was allegedly out with another man. Of course, he went live on Instagram to share that with us, and this is what he said.
Speaker 26: Crazy, my son ain't got no parent at four in the morning, nobody want to watch him.
Speaker 5: She got marshed.
Speaker 10: She got Marsh watching the.
Speaker 26: Baby at four in the morning so she could get some do a verse. All this so you could do a verse. Such a boo, got no parent four in the morning, stopping us because she want to be a bad parent to a bad parent.
Speaker 10: Yeah, close the door.
Speaker 5: Let's go, Marsh.
Speaker 26: You're gonna get your asship as soon as we get there. Come on, Jaden, got a good favorite, Marsh.
Speaker 19: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Jayden gotta fail like Tessa.
Speaker 26: Come on, girl, let's go. If you're gonna get I'm na drag you off, Marsh. I'm gonna put this baby down and put you the bit all right.
Speaker 7: Now in the late for me, Jason, I don't speak nigga like I used to basically say, if you don't get in here, gonna put hands on her. Allegedly well, in the video, the Krishan's friend is seeing getting in the front seat and he's holding the baby outside of four in the morning. Now, we don't know where Krishan was, whether she was out, she has a new man. I don't know if she was with him or in the studio making another hit, because it is a vibe all the time. She eventually came to and got online and told her side the story, and this is what she said to.
Speaker 19: Long story short, I'm at the studio and I'm trying to late this record down.
Speaker 5: My bed's calling me, calling me.
Speaker 19: I'm like, what is she calling me for? So I don't answer for real. I finally picked up. This is with Marsh, So I'm like, Marsh, what's up. She's like, Sean, you at the studio right, I'm like, yeah, what's up? Blue Face, Bluevece. Just try to take the baby. He's taking the baby. I said, bo, if you leave my baby and shit ass until I get back home from the studio. Long story short, blue face beat me to my house before I even can get to my son.
Speaker 2: Try to take my son.
Speaker 19: Marsh ain't leaving his sign, so Jadie, don't stand by the really like smash on Marsh while they at the gate. I'm like, all that, bro, before my baby even make it to that turm oil, I'm finna pull up. So while Marsh stolen from me getting her ass beat by Blue Face as he made that a recording, trash her because I can show you, Marsh Face, she gotta slipped on her mouth and her face her eye.
Speaker 7: Now, for those of you that are puzzled, Jaden Alexis is the mother to two of Blueface's kids.
Speaker 8: Who who who has the Barbie song?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 7: And then Krishan was the girlfriend that to the picture later and I just interviewed Marsh. Marsh is Krishan's friend who now Krishan's legend. Blue Face put hands on her. So now I just interviewed Jay and Alexis and Blue Face together who were not messing with Krashan and now Krashan by herself. But now Krishan and Jay and are right in the card again. They had over two hundred thousand people in their live yesterday watching this all go down. Well it didn't in there. They all then got together at Krishan's house and went live. Blue Face went live from Krishan's phone the house, got in the house together after all, yes, and it went down where he's a legend that they were trying to rape him.
Speaker 5: This is what he said.
Speaker 29: So y'all kicking me out of the group. Come on, come on, don't chase me, don't Why are you doing all this? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait wait wait, okay, okay, get off, hold on. You want to act up?
Speaker 29: You want to act up?
Speaker 5: Who's doing this for my safety?
Speaker 29: At this point, y'all ain't here trying to molest me. Y'all ain't here trying to take advantage of a crick.
Speaker 10: Where's my safe?
Speaker 7: Well, they're a legend that he put hands on them too. I mean my concern is where's.
Speaker 5: The baby with Marsh?
Speaker 8: Well, Marsh was allegedly beat up too.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I called blue Face no answer.
Speaker 9: Jason Envy. Everybody out there listening, let us pray. Put your heads down, say a prayer for us down.
Speaker 3: God, grant me the serenity to accept the niggas I cannot change, the courage, the courage to change the niggas I can, and the wisdom to know when to stay far away from these niggas.
Speaker 5: Amen. Amen.
Speaker 7: Well, I called Lemeo and said, we want to see crazy in love to t o Oh with all three of them.
Speaker 5: See you don't know how to stay away from these nigga that's your problem.
Speaker 6: Just all right, well that is your rumor report, whatever you want to call it. That man, what you got something positive in a donkey day?
Speaker 7: Something that's not?
Speaker 5: I don't, I absolutely positively do. Where we go. We need Melvin right to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 9: Melvick, there's some heavy nigga tree at what we've been gonna play a game or guess what race?
Speaker 15: It is?
Speaker 5: Just for the front up Melvin. I figured that out. Melvin, all right, well we gonna go. And Melvin from Florida. No, he's naughty from Ohio.
Speaker 8: Same thing, damn it.
Speaker 13: It's the breakfast logan morning, the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Don't be out here at that like a donkey. It's time for Donkey of the day. I'm a big boy. I could take it. If you feel out deserve it ain't no big deal, I know.
Speaker 3: Charlotamagnea god mouse gotta say something you may not agree with, doesn't mean I'm mean, who's getting that donk that donkey that don't don't don't up, don't the other day?
Speaker 5: Right, the breakfast Club bitcher. You can call me the Donkie of the day, but like I mean no harm.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sonkey Today for Tuesday, December fifth goes to a forty two year old Akron, Ohio man named Melvin Wright.
Speaker 5: Akron, Ohio. The home of Lebron James birthplace is Steph Curry.
Speaker 9: Lebron James, who is the all time leader in points scored in the NBA and Steph Curry, who is absolutely the greatest shooter of all time.
Speaker 3: No debate if you say otherwise. We can't trust your opinion on anything ever. Dropping the clues bombs for Lebron James anste Steph Curry, Akron, Ohio. Well, Melvin Wright clearly believes he is carrying on tradition because he wants to be a shooter too.
Speaker 5: But he's the kind of shooter we don't need and the kind of shooter nobody asked for.
Speaker 3: U See, Melvin Wright is currently in police custody because he shot somebody. Now, there are plenty of valid reasons to shoot someone, and damn there all of them have to do with self defense. But don't think I'm about to tell you a story of self defense, because I'm not. I'm about to tell you you have another story of human not respecting another human's no. No is a complete sentence, and Melvin Wright does not respect people's nose. And when you don't respect people's nose, you end up in the situation that Melvin Wright is currently in, and that's charged with Bolonius assault and weapons under disability. That doesn't mean he had a weapon and a wheelchair. That means he possessed a pistol and he was prohibited from doing so. Now back to respecting someone's no. Melvin Wright asked someone for something and the person told them no. Since Melvin didn't get his way or get what he wanted, he shot the man in the face. What could Melvin have asked for? What could he be we have wanted so bad that would lead him to shooting a man in the face because he didn't get it. Was it money, jewelry, his car, his anus. Let's go to Cleveland nineteen nows for the report.
Speaker 4: Police a bizarre shooting in Akron this week on Stanton Street when the victim who was shot in the face drove himself to the hospital and told police this all happened because he would not share his potato chips suspected gun Now camera the arrest of the suspect, who jumped on a city bus allegedly trying to make his escape.
Speaker 3: The beginner, you get a weapon on your brother, where's it at in your backpack?
Speaker 4: Officers who handcuffed the suspect cut off his backpack to search it for what turned out to be a fully loaded revolver and even more bullets. As the suspect is placed in the cruiser and taken downtown, he appears to deny even having knowledge of what police want to talk to him about.
Speaker 5: Ye, that's all I've been doing, is trying to get my life together with God.
Speaker 19: Definitely wasn't me.
Speaker 4: As the shooting suspect is transported to the police department for questioning by detectives, he appears cooperative.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you all forgot give me such a hard Oh anytime, man, no big deals.
Speaker 3: Melvin Wright shot someone in the face because that's someone didn't give him their potato chips. We do notice man ask some deep, rooty trauma that he never dealt with that he projected on the other humans. Right, clear mental health issues right either at of he's on So maybe he just makes pissed for decisions.
Speaker 9: You're not gonna make me believe that not receiving some potato chips. Okay, that not receiving a potato chip no ruffles.
Speaker 3: Your feathers so much that you decided to lay are lays a man down because of it?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 9: Speaking of lays, you know what they say about murder, right, Murder is like potato chips. You can't stop with just one Stephen King said that, and I understand what he's trying to do with that quote.
Speaker 3: But no, murder is nothing like potato chips, all right. Potatoes are not murdered in the making of potato chips, all right.
Speaker 9: Potatoes come into this world knowing what their purpose is, and their purpose is to serve us, to get in our bellies in some way shape or form.
Speaker 3: Might be mashed, might be baked, might be fried, french, might be salted. Or they may transition into a thin slice of potato that have been deep fried, baked, our air fried and tail crunchy.
Speaker 5: And that is why we are here today. Melvin. You can't be upset because someone doesn't want to share something with you. Some people in this.
Speaker 3: World have the strangest sense of entitlement. I have ever encountered. No means no, and if I tell you no respect that this is triggering to me. Man, Because when I was a little boy growing up in most corner, South Carolina, okay, elementary school age might have been like fourth grade, nineteen hundred and eighty something, there used to be these little figures, okay, these little pink figures called muscles.
Speaker 5: Do you all remember muscles? Y'all remember muscles?
Speaker 3: There was the hot toy at the time, okay, and I had several, and one of my cousins had none.
Speaker 9: And he was older than me, and he cried and cried and cried for my muscles. And I don't know if he was my grandma, my mama. One of them made me give him.
Speaker 2: Some of my muscles.
Speaker 5: They were mine.
Speaker 3: He asked me for them. I said, no, why would I give you what's mine.
Speaker 5: They're mine. I want them, I'm collecting them. But I had to give them up because you cried for them. I was so hot.
Speaker 3: I was so hot that I wanted to shoot him in the face. But I was eight, Okay, I didn't know any better. Melvin, what's your excuse? You're forty two and in this situation you was my cousin.
Speaker 5: You was the entitled one. Those chips were not yours.
Speaker 3: Maybe dude wanted to give you a potato chip, but you couldn't understand you because he was too busy chomping on some crunchy chips. Don't you hate when you're eating something crunchy like son chips and you can't hear the TV. That's also what we need to know. What kind of chips was it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Ruffle cheddar in sour cream with Lebron on the bag, flaming hot barbecue with Jason Tatum on the back. Was it the ruffles, rich twist, smoky barbecue with Asian Wilson on the back? Was it cool ranch doritos? Was it sea salt and vinegar? Kettle chips?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Not staying there's a chip that is worth you shooting somebody in the face over. I just want to know what Brandon chip it was, so I can judge you some more for making the pish poor decision that you did. Now there's nothing left to do here except play a game of guess what racing is. Melvin Right of Akron, Ohio shot a man in the face because the man wouldn't share his potato chips, tried to escape on the city bus.
Speaker 5: Dj NB, guess what racing? I don't want it to be.
Speaker 8: That was a nigga.
Speaker 5: Wait your turn, Jason. Nope, that's the wrong. Nope, don't wait. What did it en be? I'm gonna waite, okay, Jason Lee.
Speaker 3: Melvin Right, Akron Ohio shot a man in the face because the man wouldn't share his potato chips, tried to escape on the city bus.
Speaker 5: Guess what racing is. Mama named him Melvin.
Speaker 8: He's a nigga.
Speaker 3: Fur forery at work, Jason Lee, you are absolutely correct, Melvin Right.
Speaker 5: Please give Melvin Right the biggest he haul. By the way.
Speaker 7: By the way, I didn't hear anything after you said Jason Tatum. Because that's my new celebrity crush, Jason Tatum, I'm gonna be court sided in Boston.
Speaker 5: Watch y'all look like y'all popped off the same Grimlin now that I think about.
Speaker 8: It, the same Gremlin.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Nothing, nothing popped off of gremlin and looked like Gizmo.
Speaker 15: We know that.
Speaker 5: I mean it depends something. That's some attractive grimlins.
Speaker 9: You remember Grimla's too, and they dressed the grimlin up and she had lifted on and the dress and all that, and then the dude here at the end.
Speaker 8: You remember that, Well, there is a Zalia Banks.
Speaker 18: All right, and that is the donkey of the dayt tomorrow, all right, James Banks.
Speaker 5: Jason Lee is here. What was that for?
Speaker 7: He's been throwing the only country chop out only I love Isaia?
Speaker 5: No, no, you don't.
Speaker 19: Clearly?
Speaker 5: Did you cut him down before you get it in?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 7: Zela got my phone number, sent me an eighteen minute voicemail. Who listens to an eighteen minute voice message?
Speaker 5: How long did you listen?
Speaker 8: A minutes?
Speaker 26: You do?
Speaker 6: That's who listens? All right, Well, let's open up the phone line. Eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. We were talking Natalie None in the last room of reports. She went into the restaurant, the Establishment, the Park. If you haven't been in DC, it's a great restaurant. Also turned into a club that night. Been there a couple of times. Jason Lee has been there. Uh, and we're asking. They refuse to serve her. They gave up I guess money back. She put down her American Express cards. She wanted a table, and they said we ain't having you in here. So that's the question eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one where they fouled for that. Natalie None so upset. She says she's gonna sue. We'll discuss more detail when we come back as the Breakfast Local Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: It's topic time.
Speaker 13: Eight hundred five five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody, it's dej n V Charlemagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about Natalie None.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 6: Jason Lee, our guest co host, was talking about this in the room, and so what happened with Natalie Nune.
Speaker 7: So she showed up to the park and she said she had a reservation, she had her AMX down and apparently she's claiming that they didn't let her in because she's on a black network.
Speaker 8: And I think she alleged because she's black.
Speaker 5: Well, this is what she said.
Speaker 24: I had a table reserved, and when I walked up, they said, anyone that's affiliated with the Zeus network, we don't care. We don't like what you guys represent, we don't like your TV shows. I gave them my American Express card on file earlier to book a table. They said I could not come in because they don't like the black network that I work for.
Speaker 5: Who is the owner? Because he's not black?
Speaker 3: I promise, yeah, I actually think the park owner is black. It's not actually think yes, parking black owned. I met a black black he's black owned. The park is absolutely black on.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you google the park, that's what that's what comes absolutely comes up and says the park is a black owned establishment.
Speaker 6: Yes, So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one five one. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with the park for not having or in there? That is the question.
Speaker 5: Start with you, Jason Lee.
Speaker 7: I mean, look, I'm affiliated with the Zeus Network. I've been on a couple of their shows and they're a great partner. I didn't have any problems. I thought they were great. I don't, I don't, I don't. I'm gonna call cap on this one, meaning I meaning I don't think that if you're gonna go to a black establishment you're black and they don't let you in, I don't believe it's because you're black. I think that if they watched the show and they see your behavior and don't want you.
Speaker 5: To be there. That's their right.
Speaker 3: That's what I think it is. I think somebody watches the show and they don't want that in their restaurant. I mean, I don't know if they had cameras, if they were filming, but regardless, this is my spot, this is my establishment.
Speaker 5: This is something that I've had for years.
Speaker 3: The park's been around for at least over ten years, you know what I mean, probably close to fifteen twenty, I believe.
Speaker 6: And if I don't want that fighting and there, and I don't want that what I've seen on TV in my establishment, then no, you cannot come in my establishment.
Speaker 3: I don't care money means nothing. I need longevity when it comes to the restaurant business.
Speaker 9: I believe the park has zero idea what the hell is going on. I believe the park knows nothing about this. I believe the park is finding this out just like we're finding this out right now. I believe the park has no clue about any of this. I don't believe anybody from the park told them any of it.
Speaker 7: Park's getting great promo to promo go to the park, because I will tell you they were. They had the best customer service, even if it was raining. When we got the car and the security say, hey, man, get under this on end because so you don't get wet. They went out of their way to make sure that they were They were polite and and and everything. So I don't know, this seems really weird.
Speaker 5: I like the Paul, Well, let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: What's not envy?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 7: Draft?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 20: The man's sorry?
Speaker 5: Piece?
Speaker 10: What's happening? What's days? How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm good?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 8: Draft?
Speaker 10: I'm doing?
Speaker 17: Was talking about the topic real quick. And I'm not mad at the establishment for stopping natality, none of them from coming in because they be.
Speaker 8: Acting like a niggas.
Speaker 17: They be acting like a bunch of mons, And I don't want a bunch of mon and my establishment, you know, so crazy for Thanksgiving. My mama don't even be wanting some stammy members of her house because they act like.
Speaker 5: Okay, and there's nothing wrong with.
Speaker 17: That, Like acting like a bunch of niggas and having negativity surrounded by you and people not gonna shoot you like that. You have a negativity surrounded by you in public, and some people just don't need to come around. It's two of my cousins is literally responsible for the scheme in Philadelphia. We don't want Tom around.
Speaker 9: One day, he's gonna learn how to talk like Season learned how to talk and playing in of the apes, and he's gonna be like, I ain't never acted like none of you niggas.
Speaker 7: All right, we've never ever.
Speaker 5: Acted like you niggas. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: Now? What's your question? What's your question? What's your comment? Do you think that Natalie None shouldn't have been letting?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 17: Yeah, no, I don't think she should have been let in because you know previous history that she may have and the network may have.
Speaker 16: You know, you never know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 15: So you got to protect your customer service.
Speaker 16: So I think they did the right thing.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, And that's then other thing. You got to protect your customers. They come in there and they start fighting, they start throwing stuff. One of my customers get hit, and now they not only just suing whoever throw it, they're gonna suit the establishment too.
Speaker 5: I think they did what's right. I still believe that paulk has no idea about any of this. No, I don't. I really don't believe that.
Speaker 8: Well, listen, I love Nale, but not to not to be shady.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: She and Bobby Lights went to a venue in La Lance Bass owns called Heart It's a it's a club and weel and they went viral because they were saying, don't support the establishment. But there was behind the scenes video of them cutting up with the strippers and talking really reckless, getting on the stage, taking the mic and not tipping people. So you know, maybe they saw that and thought, hey, we don't even want that over here. Keep that outside. So I don't know, it's kind of interesting, all right.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We're talking about Natalie Nune. She went to this restaurant in DC called The Park. They wouldn't let her in, they didn't want to serve on and she was upset about it. Let's discuss this the Breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 5: It's topic times because the phone.
Speaker 13: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Talk about it.
Speaker 6: Warning everybody, it's thej NV Charlamagne de guy, we are the Breakfast Club. Jason Lee is here, our guest co hosts. We're talking about Natalie Nunne in the room. It's now for people that just joined us, what happened with Natalie Nuney?
Speaker 7: So now he pulled up at a club, a very popular club restaurant called the called the Park in DC, and she went viral because she posted a video saying that after putting her AMX down for resis servation, she was denied access and told that she was not allowed in because of that black.
Speaker 8: Network she's on talking about to ZEUS network.
Speaker 6: All right, so we're taking your phone calls eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 3: Now we got D on online D Good morning. Now you agree with Natalie nothing?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I totally agree with her.
Speaker 16: Why I don't think she should go as far as, you know, trying to sue.
Speaker 15: But it definitely was discrimination.
Speaker 16: At because that's like saying, you know, fifty seconds denied entry at some place because he played in power and shot his son.
Speaker 3: No, not really, I mean because one is reality TV and one is scripted. But I mean that's the question I asked earlier. I don't know if this is I don't know if that's necessarily legal to do.
Speaker 9: What do you mean, I don't know if you can just tell somebody you don't want them in your establishment because of what they do on television.
Speaker 5: The reason that makes me think about that is I thought about.
Speaker 9: There was a time where, remember that when conservatives were going out getting harassed at restaurants. I think it was like kandae On's got her rafter in the restaurant because people didn't like her politics.
Speaker 5: That's not legal. You can't do that.
Speaker 8: I mean you have, at least in California.
Speaker 7: I don't know everything made vary by state or location, but you have the right to refuse service to anybody. And I feel like most restaurants and establishments, Yeah, discrimination discrimination. When you use the words discrimination, you're suing under those laws. I mean it's typically because you're racially discriminated against. I don't know how you can be racially discriminated against when you're black at a black owned establishment, correct, And everybody in the park was black.
Speaker 8: When I was there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 10: It says I.
Speaker 9: Can a business really refuse service to anyone they want for any reason? They said, at least in New York City, the answer is generally no.
Speaker 8: Well, for any reason, I think is the point. Any reason.
Speaker 7: You're gay, you're trans, you're black, you're a woman, those things are protected. But like you beat up people every day on your TV show, and we don't want our good establishment to be torn down.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it says federal law in the US, businesses have a right to refuse service to anyone. But the catch is they can refuse service unless the company is discriminating against a particular class under federal, state of local law.
Speaker 5: But wouldn't they be considered a class?
Speaker 7: No, only if they say, man you now, I will say on the flip side, the Zoos network nowly and everybody been at my awards show the Hollywood and like impact the words for the last two years. They sit right up front and they are all well behaved. So I don't know judging them based on the show is fair. But I don't even know if this even happened.
Speaker 6: But but then again, we don't even know if the cameras. The cameras weren't there, so we don't know that as well.
Speaker 18: Hello, who's this Robin?
Speaker 5: Hey Robin, good morning. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 19: My thoughts this?
Speaker 17: Like, I don't think that anyone should just be refused service.
Speaker 15: It's twenty twenty three, you know, like I, But I also think like her past kind of.
Speaker 17: Keep like catching up to her.
Speaker 3: You can't like have like you can't behave like that.
Speaker 7: And not expect what's happening.
Speaker 17: But I also don't think that that should give you right to just not be let into establishment, because I mean, come on, I get it.
Speaker 5: I'm looking up some more stuff said.
Speaker 9: Businesses do have a constitutional right to refuge service to anyone, especially if they're making the scene or disrupting service the other customers in the business.
Speaker 5: However, there are limits to the refusal. Businesses need to walk a.
Speaker 9: Fine line or they could risk a discrimination case or negative customer reviews that can impact their business.
Speaker 5: Well my case, they got a negative customer review.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have a list of people banned from like my events and my shows and stuff. Might say their names.
Speaker 5: But yeah, hello, who's this?
Speaker 20: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: I mean it, good morning. What's your thoughts to Mina?
Speaker 30: So I think that the park restaurant absolutely has the right to refuse service to Natalie. Most establishments actually have signage expressing their rights to refuse service to anybody, including Natalie.
Speaker 4: None.
Speaker 30: But I also wanted to say, if I can seguate this for a quick second, Charlamagne good Morning mentioned in your book Black Privilege, and if you could show favor to a fellow South Carolinian that you would and I'm from the A oh three, okay, so you extra section please with regards to people being able to protect their property, I believe the Palestinians also have that right. And I'm disappointed that you guys aren't giving more lights to what's going on. Babies are dying by the thousands and the excuse of being uneducated on the matter. It's no longer balance I think.
Speaker 17: Humanitarian issue.
Speaker 9: I think we've had one of the best conversations about it with Mark Lamont Hill. You know, Mark Lamont Hill is a person who has you know, written a lot of books about you know, he's very pro Palestine. He's written a lot of books about Palestine. You know, he visited Palestine a lot. He was just there like fifteen fifteen months ago. I think we've had one of the best conversations on the mainstream platform.
Speaker 5: About it for both sides, honestly.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And we had Jonathan Green Black, you know, who's the head of the ADL on it. We had both of them on the same day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, so what's the what's the moll of the story? If there's more?
Speaker 8: Now they runs LA but she don't run DC.
Speaker 12: Damn.
Speaker 5: I believe that Park don't know anything about this.
Speaker 9: I don't know if the Park will release his statement, but I have a feeling their statement is going to be something like, we don't know anything about this.
Speaker 5: We didn't even know you would hear that night until we saw it on Instagram. But I could you know. I could be wrong, all right, but we got rooms on the way.
Speaker 7: What we're talking about, well, Columbus shorts of the news because he's sharing an alleged story that involved Diddy.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, all right, we'll get to that next. A's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's dj n V CHARLAMAGNEA God. We are to Breakfast Club. Jason Lee is here, our guess co host. So let's get in right into the rumors.
Speaker 10: Pleez, do not be alarm.
Speaker 3: Morning, Jason Lane. I'm damn one all the Hollywood Unlocked viewers. What's happening?
Speaker 22: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me.
Speaker 18: Nick.
Speaker 5: This is the rumor report. I knew I can talk on the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 7: I'm in my mental other processes, but I am cocking little Nick Well. Columbus Short is in the news and he's now jumped into the middle of a scandal, no pun intended, for no reason, and he's sharing a story, or an alleged story about how did he tried him? Now, the allegations about Diddy, as we all know, with the relationship him and Cassie had that led to a lawsuit that's just burned the internet down still continues because Columbus Short is jumped into it by telling his own story about it.
Speaker 23: Now.
Speaker 7: He took to his Instagram and he alleged that Diddy once called him for a private from a private number to invite him over this hotel room at two thirty in the morning.
Speaker 5: This is what he said.
Speaker 31: I'm smitching. I'm snitching in the kitchen. Diddy gotta tell on him. He tried it on me, so I know it's true. I was married my ex wife. I got a phone call in the middle of the night, about two thirty in the morning. It was my wife, says, pick up the phone. It was an unknown number, unknown number, pick up the phone, just calling. Who's calling you?
Speaker 32: Picked up the phone. I was Diddy and he said, hey, man, we didn't see what BT wars. We didn't see what the ET awards. You know what you're doing. I'm in bed with my wife, he said. I'm at the Beverly Hills Hilton. Out the Beverly Hills Hotel. I said, oh, I said, what's up? I said, who over there?
Speaker 5: He said, just me. Listen.
Speaker 8: It's given to me.
Speaker 7: It's kind of given Orlando Brownish because I feel like when people are down or something's going on, the dog piling starts, it's easy for everybody to jump on the bandwagon and start throwing people under the bus.
Speaker 8: I'm not defending Diddy back to me, this just seems kind of weird.
Speaker 7: Well, anyway, Columbus went on to go back to Instagram to explain what he meant, and he clarified it by saying this, So a.
Speaker 28: Lot of people are calling me, texting me, you know, asking me a lot of questions about my Diddy post, and number one question is Diddy go. And the only way I know how to answer this is in the Dave Chappelle Boys. Because when Dave says it, people listen, Hey, I don't know what it's crazy, it's ridiculous. Well, I look like going to Diddy's hotel room in the middle of the night. Anything's possible. Kevin Garnant said it when they won the championship.
Speaker 5: He said, anything's possible.
Speaker 7: I wasn't playing those games.
Speaker 5: Wasn't playing those games.
Speaker 9: I agree with the dog piling theory you just presented, Jason, but also just playing you know, the white Devil's advocate. You know, sometimes people get courage, you know, because they hear other people telling their stories.
Speaker 5: They wanted to tell their story, like I got one too.
Speaker 7: Why wouldn't he just tell that before that? Why did you wait for Cassie to come forward her allegations to come.
Speaker 5: Might not have had the courage?
Speaker 7: And why did did he feel comfortable to call you? Like that's true too, I mean, what was the relationship? But I mean again, I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened, But if it did happen, what made Diddy feel so comfortable to call.
Speaker 8: You in the middle of the night and say pull up to my hotel now.
Speaker 9: Jason, hold on you. This is very This is a good conversation because you're a gay man. Yeah, I would think gay men know who to try. Like, I'm sure there's scrape men. You want to highl that, but you don't higher at every straight man you find attractive.
Speaker 7: I may flirt with one, but if they flirt back, it's open season.
Speaker 5: So what is it flirting?
Speaker 21: Was that?
Speaker 15: Was that?
Speaker 7: If that's not combat telling the truth of that flirting? But that's what I'm saying, that's not flirting. Something happened before that, allegedly, If that allegedly happened.
Speaker 9: That, I gave him the courage gave especially if you call me, if you called me two thirty in the morning, correct and I tell you I'm in bailed my wife and you still you still shoot your shot.
Speaker 7: Yeah you know, I mean the flirt thing once here it happened. Yeah, you could test the waters because you just never know. But once you test the waters and somebody shuts that down, you don't continue. But to call it two thirty in the morning, To call anybody at two thirty in the morning, you got to be bold. But to call somebody that you know is land next to their wife to say what's up?
Speaker 8: Pull up?
Speaker 9: Like get out the bed with your wife unless you just super reckless. That could be the case too, you just super reckless and you know.
Speaker 5: Or maybe like the party party.
Speaker 6: But whatever happened to Columbus show Columbus Shod was so big on Scandal and whatever happened with his career.
Speaker 5: I just can't remember.
Speaker 7: He got kicked off of Scandal because he got an own personal scan. I can't remember what it was. I mean that was also during the time he was sleeping with Superhead. What, Yeah, he was with Superhead.
Speaker 9: Well, salute the Columbus Skins, that bro. Salute to that black man. Yeah, everybody's entitled to tell a story.
Speaker 7: Well, another black man was telling the story as Leona's X. He's telling the story through music, of course, because he's now a Christian singer. He's being criticized because people are saying that they think that he's mocking Christianity and God by making Christian rap and posting about still Penis. Now he took us down the old town road. He took us down the old town road. But now he's taking us to church as he teases this new Christian song online. Now, the snippet stirred up a lot of criticism, with fans calling him out for mocking Christianity. Now, this is the song, in case you missed it.
Speaker 5: This scratch Mind the Lonely Road. She tell me what the mob say, everything shes the ghost.
Speaker 8: No, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 7: Well after that that clip circulated on this on social media and got a lot of heat from people, he went and tweeted quote, making Christian music doesn't mean I can't.
Speaker 8: Say penis no more. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Speaker 7: I'm allowed to get on my knees for multiple reasons.
Speaker 5: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 9: I mean, all of y'all hypocrites because none of us are moving the way God wants us to move totally, So stop weighing sins, okay, lol, nods ex as a child of God, you know, just like all of us are children of God, And like you know, what he's saying about sucking penis is regardless of how you may take it, it's true, right because we have sex before marriage. The Bible says you shouldn't do that. Yes, right, And we still get on our knees and pray and go to church every Sunday, you know what I mean? We go to church on Sundays with the people we not married to that were sleeping with that.
Speaker 5: Don't nobody know we sleeping with.
Speaker 3: All we can do is ask God for forgiveness, right everybody walking in your own personal journey. Man, It's amazing to me how all these Christians always forget Matthew seven.
Speaker 5: Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
Speaker 7: Do you have the Bible open up on your on your laptop or something?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 5: I just you know you know certain scriptures. I know certain scriptures. That's what you should know. Matthew seven is one you should know, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, but in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be you.
Speaker 5: Remember that? All right? Well, thank you?
Speaker 3: Why do you look at the spec saw dust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Speaker 5: I got off, Mike.
Speaker 3: Why do you look at the spe saw dust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Speaker 5: This say, amen?
Speaker 8: And they the words of planned parenthood.
Speaker 5: Wrap it up? All right?
Speaker 6: Well, thank you, Jacent Lee. When we come back, we got the positive note and of course my mixing people's choice mix this the Breakfast Local Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne de Goud. We are the Breakfast Club. Jasonly, appreciate you for joining us for the day.
Speaker 5: Thank you all.
Speaker 6: Right, now you are running, how can people if they want to donate to your campaign or if they want to support you, how can they do that?
Speaker 7: You know, when I got into the game, I didn't even set up donations. I'm just paying everything myself. I'm just finding to myself.
Speaker 5: That's good. That's the kind of campaigns we like. That means we know you're not beholding it nobody.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I've already told everybody in the city. I don't want any donations from any businesses. I'm not you know, I'm focused on just getting out to the people. And you know, it's funny myself.
Speaker 5: From the people.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, now, after doing my interview with Simone Sanders, she was like, let the people who want to support you support you. So we'll do a grassroots donation thing. But we haven't started that yet right now, we just you know, doing it now.
Speaker 3: He's running for counselmen in Stockton, California, and can people follow you and follow you on this journey and support and maybe they want to volunteer or whatever they Oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, District six in Stockton. They can follow me on social media. I mean we're very active, putting out videos, photos, telling stories. I'm active on all social media. I'm even in the neighborhood apps and we're out there in the streets.
Speaker 6: So yeah, pull up o cope. All right, well we come back. We got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's the j n V Charlamage Nagutt. We are the Breakfast Club. Now Bay is hosting again later on today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll be hosting the Daily Show again to night eleven pm on Comedy Central. Our guest to night is Robin the D. You know, Robin the D will be on there tonight. She's in that new movie Candy Cane Lane. But you know she was the star head everything over at the Black Ladies Cat Show, among other things.
Speaker 5: So we'll be talking to Robin THET tonight.
Speaker 6: Okay, tune in. That's in at eleven o'clock yep on Comedy Central. All right, you got a positive note.
Speaker 9: I do the positive notice simply this man trauma makes you feel like you're responsible for other people's moves, so you drain yourself and make sure they feel okay. But healing makes you realize it's not your responsibility to regulate their emotions, manage their insecurities, heal their wounds are calm there in the storms.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all have a blessed day. Breakfast club bit you gonna finish or y'all done.