Speaker 1: Welcome to Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 2: It's the show that she is the secrets of success experience firsthand by marketing and Brandon expert Rashan McDonald. I will know he's giving me advice on many occasions. And in case you didn't notice, I'm not broke. You know he'll be interview with celebrity ceose, entrepreneurs and industry.
Speaker 1: Decision make because it's what he likes to do, it's what he likes to share.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to hear from my man, Rashan McDonald Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Good afternoon is the fourth quarter of twenty twenty three. It's when you start winding things down and preparing for the new year. But when you wind things down, you gotta have a goal. We gotta have a plan. I am your host, Rashan McDonald, our host this weekly Money Making Conversation Masterclass show. The interviews and information that this show provides off for everyone. Like always, it's time to stop reading other people's success stories and start living your own. If you want to be considered as a guest, or be a guest or Money Making Conversation Masterclass show, to the host for more information. Visit Moneymakingconversation dot com and click be a guess. I will respond back to you in less than twenty four hours. If you want to be a guest entrepreneur, got a product you're trying to get information on and want my advice and expose it to the general public, please consider a Money Making Conversation a home for you. That's what this show is about. This shows about uplifting entrepreneurs, uplifting people with information so they can live a better life and serve the community better. Again, I will respond and back to you in twenty four hours. This is the final episodes of my three part Value Proposition series. There have been a combined seventy thousand downloads of the first two Value Proposition episodes seventy thousand downloads, so obviously people gain interest in what I'm talking about in the first two episodes, and today will be the final and third episode. For more information, if you have missed the first two Value Proposition episodes, again, for more information, visit Moneymakingcomposition dot com and every episode that airs on this station is available on that website. There are no fees to listen. Again, like I stated earlier, today is the third and final episode of the Value Proposition series seventy thousand downloads and counting. I'm so proud of people participating and also gaining information and interests of what I'm trying to do on this platform that I'm just talking. I'm talking with information. I'm talking about motivation, motivating you to be a better person or your company to be more successful. That's what information does. But one people say I was going to stop. They say, we'sh Why are you so hyped up by value proposition? A value proposition differentiates you or makes your talent product a company unique, and shows why you are the best candidate for a raise or promotion at your job. A classic example was let's go to sports. If you don't know your value proposition, then you can sign a contract that will be undervalued. And one of the big series that aired a few years ago was the Last Dance Series the Chicago Bulls Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen. He signed a contract that was under valued because he didn't understand his value proposition. And that's what I'm trying to tell you. When you have a unique skill set, then people should pay you for that, but you have to be able to understand how to negotiate that, and how you negotiate that is by having the right representation around you, the right mentorship around you, so when you walk out of there, you are a head of the game. And because he didn't have that, he signed a contract that he's regretted all his life. And that was something that was featured. And this is just show you how it can shift in so many different lanes. It can be product, it can be your talent, it can be an everyday person who works a forty hour week job. And so as you know again and I always emphasize this every week when you listen to the show, don't ever let your age be an excuse. So many people do that. They hit forty, they think it's all over. They hit fifty, they throw into town. They hit sixty, they think there's a retirement check waiting from them that's going to be paid to them by the government. And there is not a check that's going to change your life. So you should always inspire, you should always set reachable goals. If you missed the first two episodes, let me just give you a quick recap. The first value Proposition episode I focused on you if you are employed at a company. How to build your value proposition to increase your opportunities for raises and promotion at your job. That's the first episode, and I always tell people when you listen to my show to lead with your gifts. Don't let your friends, family, or loved one stop you from planning or living your dreams. Now, don't let their assumptions or expectation alter your path. That's key right there, because some people look at you and say they feel this all you are capable of doing. Yeah, you might have a dream that fits you, but they're over there telling you their expectations, their goals that may not be your goal. So always plan and set reachable goals in place to achieve any level of success. The second episode of the Value of Proposition series I focused on you as an owner and maximizing your plot in your employees. Told that story about going over by that salad bar. You remember that episode. I've told you about employees over there just destroying that business over there because they're not giving one hundred percent. That shows about how to get the most out of your employees. I give examples of how bad employees can destroy your business if you don't monitor or evaluate them properly in that episode that emphasize importance of the nainety day probation period, ninety day probation period when you hire somebody, and the importance of job evaluations. Now, let me just step back a little bit and explain that nty day probation periods, and a lot of people are ignoring the importance of that. A ninety day probation period of time when a new employee is carefully evaluated to see if they be a good fit for the position and company culture is defined. Period. There are three breaks in it, thirty sixty and of course the ninety day periods. At each period, every thirty days, you sit down and evaluate that person. Don't it just gloss over. Don't say I don't have time for that person. This person needs guidance because you're trying to introduce them into their work culture. If you don't do this, if it's not important for you, then eventually it will not be important for that employee. When you get the sixty days mark, you definitely sit down with that person. Again. This is important for the employee because it's important to you to evaluate them and let them know what is necessary for the maintaining employment at your company over the next thirty days. That's why that ninety day period is important. And so now we're now set up here at the third value proposition episode. That's what we're talking about today. Advice and tips on promoting your product, customer service, and delivering your marketing pitch to the customer right there. That's important that you hear what I'm saying delivering your marketing pitch to the customer. I'm gonna do a classic example. I was spoken about this on the show. People in the food industry. They have hamburgers, pancakes, yep, chicken and all the stuff. And as a classic two competitors, two lead competitors in the chicken business, that's one, and their commercials they emphasize customer service. The other one emphasizes their product. That's key. Now, well, Shun, what would you prefer if you know you have good a good product. I want to emphasize customer service. That's me because that means that when a person comes in there and I treat them with the highest quality of customer service, knowing that my food's fantastic, they'll come back. So they focus on that the customer service part in their commercials and guess what when you go in there and guess what you get outstanding customer service because they're telling you when you come there through their commercials, that's what you're gonna get, and when you walk out of there, you happy to come back. So know how you market your brand can lead to your long term success stories because it's what you talk about. Just because things look the same don't mean people treat it the same. That's an analogy. I deal with this, the chicken versus the eagle rushan chicken versus the eagle. They both of birds, they both have feathers, they both lay eggs, but neither one can walk down the same lane of opportunity because it's a perception and what people think of them. An eagle sores a chicken. A chicken pecks. An eagle is well respected. An eagle is tossed food. You will knock eat a chicken out the way to get their egg. You have to climb up to an eagle's nest, and you're fearful as you try to retrieve their eggs that you may be attacked. A chicken will appear on a buffet table. An eagle is protected, like I go back to what I'm saying, the perception of success. The eagles goes to fight to keep his place in the game and to keep winning. A chicken's job is just to lay eggs. So I ask you what perception laying do you want to be in? Want to be the chicken or the eagle. I want to be the eagle all my life. I want to soar. I want to set goals. I want to be in front of the pack. But you said we shine. Okay, cool, Okay, this is great information you're talking about it. Where can I go to get this advice to be able to soar like an eagle? Well, small business administration, the local small business administration in any major city have counselors in there and their job is to help your business be successful. Because your business successful, then guess what you'll pay taxes. If you pay taxes, then guess what they'll win long term. So that's why it's important that you understand why the Small Business Administration. Now they have another part of the small Business Administration called score Score. These are retired executives who are there to offer you mentorship. That's key right there, information and mentorship. If you're trying to start your business. Information and mentorship, two things that you need, two things I did not have in nineteen ninety two when I opened my comedy club. Oh, I was packed. I didn't have an HR person, I didn't have an accountant. I didn't have none of that information because I had no business mentorship. I didn't know what the SBA was, I didn't know what SCORE was. I didn't know none of that information. And so that's why I'm just on this show to try to help you out and say, oh Ra, Sean McDonald's not over here acting like he's special, like he know everything. I've learned something. I still don't know everything, But it's important that you know that there are organizations out there that can help you that won't charge you, and if you really want to be helped out, go to you. Two. YouTube is impressive, but it all comes back to what your product is. Your product i'm gonna talk about. We'll give you a couple of examples I'm gonna discuss on the show today. I'm gonna discuss a computer store person that has been on my show. I'm gonna discuss a pancake company. They've been on my show expanding their product capabilities. I'm gonna talk about a popcorn company upgrade, packinging and planning, fossessed by lining up future co packers, planning for success. Let's start with the pancake company. How did this pancake company get in my life? Well, pancake company based out of Atlanta, female owned, female, driven, driven, left her a successful positioned as an executive to start her dream. Some friends told her that she made pancakes every time they came by the house. She said, you know, I'm gonna turn this into a business. So she launched her business and her pancake mix made pancakes and waffles. Now how did I find out about it? Well, through her marketing social media digital it came across my feed. It was black owned, female. Okay, I'm curious. I always liked to support people, so I ordered a package. It was fantastic, came really quick. Customer service came really quick customer service. I'm gonna say that twice right now, have to look for it. Packaging was good, Instructions on the back were really clear. She had done her homework. She set it up correctly. I started using it, started using it, and I contacted her and complimented her on her pancake mix, which also could make waffles, but along the way because I'm a If you don't know, I'm on the award winning chef in the baking category, I bake a lot. If you follow me on my social media feed. When you come back, I want to go for this break. When you come back, I'm going to tell you the other side of the story where we expanded her products and so now she's not only not doing she's not just doing pancake mix. He's doing other things. But it's because of my mentorship that enabled her to now create a unique space on the grocery store chef. It's about you. It's about your value, proposition, your company, your product, separating yourself from your competition. Customer service is always fantastic, but you better have a product when they walk through that front door. I'll be right back. This is Rushan McDonald with Money Making Conversation Masterclass Show.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass with Roughshawn McDonald.
Speaker 4: HBCUs represent Black Excellence. If you attend or are an alumnus of an HBCU, we want to hear about your story. The my HBCU story digital Library will allow current HBCU students and alumni to share their stories. More information is available at HBCU College Day dot com. You can upload a photo. The photo can be recent or from when you attended your HBCU.
Speaker 1: More information is.
Speaker 4: Available at HBCU College Day dot com.
Speaker 5: Programming is made possible in part by support from thirty eight to fifteen Media, led by Emmy and nubacp Image Award winning television producer for Shawn McDonald. Thirty eight fifteen Media offers social media management, podcast production, designs logos, and develops websites. Additional services include brand management and career development consulting services. More information is available at info at thirty eight to fifteen Media dot com.
Speaker 1: Keep winning.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations Masterclass hosted by Rashaan McDonald. Money Making Conversations Masterclass continues online at Moneymakingconversations dot com and follow Money Making Conversations Masterclass on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is Rashon McDonald. Before I get back to the pancake story. I always want to drop nuggets information that you can write down or really hopefully change your whole thought process because I dropped a nugget earlier about age should never be a excuse. Let me tell you this. The average person plans on getting old. That's true. If you can't fight it, you will get old. The government tells you that you can retire sixty five. They tell you that all the time. So most people make sixty five their goal to stop working to retire. They want to accept new technology, and they're ready to just let the government, who does not care about their overall well being, take control of their financial life. Right there, the government is telling you that you can retire sixty five, but they're not telling you they're gonna put you in a better state that you already are in. There are three types of people who turn fifty, because when you get to fifty, you shooting for sixty five because it's real close. It's real close. See, when you're twenty, fifty is thirty years away. When you're fifty, sixty five is fifteen. So hey, I'm trying to get to sixty five so I can retire. There are three types of people who turn fifty. The one who stops setting goals, which I'm telling you not to do. I'm telling you to set reachable goals. You can still start your company, You still can go to college, You still can get in a relationship that means something to you. The one who's afraid of death and tries to turn back the clock. Here these people all the time, thirty nine and look sixty one admit about getting old, afraid to tell you their age, afraid of death. Death is going to So won't you plan a path that's going to be filled with happiness? Planning out, Well, there's a homecoming, that's what they call it. Hop out of just a whole, a celebration when you hit fifty. Just start celebrating the rest of your life and enjoy it. And then you have people like me, that's who you're talking about, somebody who who understands that death is going to win. And I'm not on this show to just talk negative. I'm on this show to tell you that there are certain things in life that are obvious. So accept the obvious and plan on living a successful life. I welcome getting old so I can reach my goals. So here are four things I'm telling you. Stop planning you, stop planning your death, Stop live your life, start planning your success. That's number two. Number three, don't act young when people ask you your age, act on being you. Then you can live your life and guess what retirement is for old people. Last time I checked, I wasn't one of those old people, So why should you? Those are my four tips. Hopefully you write them down, hopefully makes sense to you. Now let me get back to the pancake store. I contacted this person and asked them to come by because I have a kitchen in my building and let them know that, Hey, I really think they have a great product. I said, this pancake, this waffle mix is fantastic. But I had started making with that same mix biscuits, so I will that same mix was now a pancake waffle biscuit mix. She said, how, I said, I'm just doing the same thing that you have here. I'm not adding anything, not taking anything away. She didn't realize that her product was about to become very unique. Because you go on any grocery store shelves, they have pancake mix. They would have waffle and pancake mix, but there were no three and one mix. That same product can make pancakes, waffle and biscuits. She went, Wow, I would have never thought of doing that. So a curiosity just exploded. Syrups became an option. Her company won an award for Outstanding Georgia Peach Syrup see on once we turned that corner maple syrup. So now she started having a variety of products because I had unlocked that creative world. And she wasn't in a box anymore because somehow somebody told her that her pancake mix, she can only do waffles with it. Now on her packaging, she'll say she has a little note says three and one pancake, waffle and biscuit mix. Understanding your product, expanding being around people who are creative and mentorships while her product is better. Let's go over to the popcorn company. Met these young men, and I love popcorn. You know that was some great popcorn people out there. You know Ben in Chicago, so you know Chicago got killer popcorn up there. That's why I fell in love with Chicago popcorn. Met these young men and they were selling popcorn like it was going outstands, crab leg popcorn, jerk chicken popcorn, tea line pie popcorn, look what the and people were buying it and that, And I told him, I say hey, and I said, can I come by and watch y'all sell y'all popcorn. So I went by, stood around and watched them and people that had to sign up everything I said, and they were just selling popcorn left and right, popcorn left and right. They had chocolate chip, popcorn, had but now they pudding popcorn. They had popcorn, popcorn, popcorn. But they packaging needed to be upgraded. So I sat down with them. I said, look, you guys have a great product, but you'll never get on a store shelf if you don't improve your packaging. Your customer service great, Your product is great, but your packaging needs to be upgraded. That wasn't a problem with the pancake company. Their packaging was fantastic, their customer service was great. But she had improved on her options, which she did because now she has a three and one pancake, mixed biscuits, waffles, and pancakes, chest syrups. Now they got sixteen flavors of popcorn, from crab legs to jerk chicken, to baked banana pudding, the key line pie, chocolate chip, every red velvet, peppermint, all these different flavors, but their packaging was not up to standards. So we sat down and we upgraded their standards. And guess what they sat down, said Rashan, We need to get prepared for twenty twenty four. So they start setting up companies with co packers who can mass produce their products. Because they have a store over in Conyers. That's doing fantastic. But if you're gonna go big time, don't let big time sneak up on you. Prepare for big time. So now they have potential co packers who can handle their new packaging and also handle their products which come in these little mini buckets. These little mini buckets of popcorn. Mini buckets are popcorn. That's the pancut person, that's the popcorn company. Now me them step out a little different. The computer store, the customer service of this computer store complete retail computer store is a franchise sales and service sorts of all supports, all Apple products. His name is Thomas Barnes. His customer service is fantastic from a standpoint of presenting the product to you, because that's the bottom line. And I asked him this question, I said, are you an Apple guy? He said, nope, PC. So he's mastering a product that he doesn't even use. But he's providing customer service for a product that he understands has value. And when you come in store, you have excellent customer service. So what's the bottom line that I'm giving you off three of these things? Popcorn excellent customer service, Pan Cut Company excellent customer service. The computer store excellent customer service. If you have a product, the bottom line is if you say you open it eight o'clock, you can't open it eight oh five. You got to be ready when your customers expect you to be there. You got to be available to them. And that's the bottom line of success and failure. Success and failure. And we walk through these whole things. A couple of things I want to tell you guys is this. You want to start a business. You want to market your brand successfully. You want to increase your work, you want to have a lead. You have to build a winning mindset for success. Create words to outperform the competition all your coworkers. Market your brand to stand out above the crowd by excellent packaging. Developing steps to become a responsible entrepreneur or employee. It's not about the millennials. I go back to my four letters. It's called plan, P is for prepare, ails for learn, for just, and is for navigate. That's the last of my three part series of value proposition. You know, this is a series that I felt it was time for me to deliver because my wife educated me on what my value proposition was, and when she confronted me about my value proposition, I couldn't tell her, so I had to do my homework, and by doing my homework, I cannot tell you. A value proposition differentiates you of makes your talent, product accompany and unique, and shows why you are the best candidate for a raise or promotion at your job. More importantly, why they should be buying your product, and if you open your door, make sure you have the service that your product deserves.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Master Class. Money Making Conversations Master Class with through Sean McDonald is produced by thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts.