Speaker 1: Street.
Speaker 2: I listened to your show every single day. Bless God, damn rightless club.
Speaker 3: What that ass up on a breakless club?
Speaker 2: I can't say breakless club without the breathless club. You're like this rare air. Your numbers are just through the roofs.
Speaker 4: You got platforms and partners all over the place because your demand is so high, people want to be in business with their Fuck.
Speaker 5: I don't think white people know how popular you guys.
Speaker 2: Charlemagne to God. Now, you guys really are like the hip hop early more than late night. Fuck those Good.
Speaker 5: Morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne, the God, Peace to the planet. Yes, what day it is? Yes? What day it is? Yes? And we got a special guest co host Laura l Rosa. She's back. I don't know she specially anymore. Good morning. It's always special.
Speaker 3: Wow, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 2: You're always special.
Speaker 6: I just don't mean if you're you know, to the room as what I'm saying, You're always special.
Speaker 7: I'm always special. If you just say that, but I'm always special.
Speaker 2: There you go like saying, you've been here a lot of She's still specially been there a lot. He's still special. Well, today you know how to let herself in and out.
Speaker 7: What I'm saying, not gonna get your own food, make own you know the food that you know the tridget.
Speaker 8: Well, today is December sixth, and it is the Breakfast Club's anniversary.
Speaker 6: Really, come on, I thought the second play song, but whatever, I don't play that song.
Speaker 2: Don't play that, do not do that. That's oh and averse. This is a romantic anniversary song. This ain't the right anniversary.
Speaker 7: I'm really feelingly I'm about to get to watch mom and dad have an anniversary.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: Fourteen years we've been together. We ain't that progressive anniversary?
Speaker 2: And are you still and that? I don't know if I'm still in love.
Speaker 3: You just put out with him.
Speaker 2: I just put up with him.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: She just want a job. She ain't talk about me. She's talking about the gig y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all bought this.
Speaker 2: She talking about you?
Speaker 3: No, but y'all, this is the gig y'all.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, I care about them. I have never been in love though it's.
Speaker 3: So dark skinned?
Speaker 2: Are you what cancer? Baby? You already know? Six twenty nine, nineteen hundred and seventy eight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's been fourteen years the Breakfast Club has been on the radio. We appreciate everybody for riding, for listening, for streaming, don't take nothing for watching. No, we don't take any different, and we appreciate you guys. Thank you got so much.
Speaker 6: Fourteen years, fourteen years on this box. I've never been on the radio station this long ever in life.
Speaker 8: But you know, I suppose that's not like am fourteen years on the box.
Speaker 6: He didn't say boy, box, you didn't say pause when he said this is our anniversary.
Speaker 2: But now you want to box?
Speaker 3: That one caught me.
Speaker 2: You know, this is all fourteenth on the radio, which is which is quite a feat.
Speaker 7: It is quite a Yeah, congratulations y'all. People don't do stuff like this for fourteen years and be relevant that you were trending yesterday.
Speaker 6: I saw that man Luther Rick Ross, the mastermind.
Speaker 2: Be the master marketer. You know what I mean? People didn't see that with no one whatever. You know, people listening to clips. Yeah, if you watch this, watch clips.
Speaker 6: They didn't see the other video where he said O Mario, Hardwick said, I was right, but I think that might have been a shot too at fifty.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 6: Know Mario, and fifty got his hues.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Oh I know who fifth got issues with. I don't know who people got issues with peer. Everybody got issues for no reason. It's the holiday season, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Know, mister, is the holiday season?
Speaker 2: Who is? I'll be over here mind my fourteen years.
Speaker 3: And you ain't learn where you sit that yet?
Speaker 6: Seriously, well, just I just be over here minding my business, trying not to disturb nobody piece. Because if you don't disturb the piece of others, you don't disturb your own piece.
Speaker 2: That's what I've learned.
Speaker 3: You let your polentos because you disturb you.
Speaker 2: It's my candles, you see, I got my candles.
Speaker 3: Another candle here, The demons are still.
Speaker 6: This is what it called fresh air. So this smells like fresh air. This smells like vanilla beans. So you have a combination of.
Speaker 7: Both floor Any proverbs, any proverbs, candles. We need a blessing in there.
Speaker 2: You might be right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I felt it this morning, me and everyone great, you know. And then here you come from juice out the friends.
Speaker 8: Let me just telling people out there if you own an electric bike or an electric scooter or anything like that. They're saying that a lot of fires have been starting because of the batteries with this is what we know. But a lot of people when they pull their bikes into their apartment or houses, they leave it at the front door and they charge it. The problem with that is when it catches on fire, you can't get out, And a lot of people are dying that way because you can't get out the house or the apartment because the electric fire from your bike or your scooter is starting at the front door. So they're saying, if you can, please put it somewhere else in the house where if it does catch fire, you can get out.
Speaker 2: I heard that on the news.
Speaker 8: They were trying to push that this morning, So just be careful if you have electric bike balls scooter.
Speaker 7: All right, crazy, I miss pegs, You miss getting pegged pegs.
Speaker 3: Like when bikes are just normals.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is going on this morning? Taking it literally? All right? When we come back, we got front page news. Don't go anywhere. Tesla figure over be joining us as the Breakfast lupt the morning.
Speaker 8: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Laura learrossis here our special guest co hosts and let's get in some front page news. Now the end season tournament. I believe it's headed to Vegas. The Nicks were knocked out yesterday by the Bucks. I don't know what other teams are in it. I don't know the cash prize, but it's starts.
Speaker 6: The Paces are in it. The Paces are stealing it. The Bucks are in it. I just don't understand what they're playing for, Like what is the reason. But it's a monetary prize. They're already getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars most of these players, So.
Speaker 2: Why do they need cash.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say, we all can use extra cash no matter what. Yeah, but the monetary ain't already getting so much money like I thought they were planning for, like seating US.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I don't know. They get a trophy and they do get some bread.
Speaker 8: I don't know how much the amount of bread they get, but I know all I know is that Nicks were knocked out yesterday. All right, But let's get right into it. Let's talk about this senator that high as a troll.
Speaker 10: This is amazing, Charlamaine.
Speaker 11: Once again Congress showing exactly how unseerious they are. Democrat Senator John Federman from Pennsylvania is calling out what he says is a double standard in Congress, which you talked about this earlier this week. But he hired Representative George Santos, former Representative George Santos, the one that was expelled from Congress this week, to record a video message aimed at Senator Bob Menendez. Now, days after the House representative voted to expel Santos, the former congressmen have already taken up a side gig recording on the Cameo website. I'm sure you guys have probably heard of that. And one of his customers was Senator Federman. Now Senator Fetterman said that he thought that he could that his ethically challenged colleague, Senator Menendez, who's also a Democrat, could use some encouragement given his substantial legal problems. So I approached a seasoned expert on the matter to give Bobby from Jersey some advice. So take a listen to what Democrats. Senator Fetterman hire former Republican Representative Santos to say to Democrat Senator Benindez, take a listen, Bobby.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 9: Look, I don't think I need to tell you, but these people that want to make you get in trouble and want to kick you out and make you run away, you make him put up or shut up. You stand your ground, sir, and don't get bogged down by all the haters out there. Stay strong, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I actually talked about this on the Daily Show last night, and like you said, it just shows how unseerious American politics are. And I'm not going to have but not you know, George Santos's hustle, but just understand your normalizing bad behavior from politicians because Americans are now paying George Santos to make jokes about what he just got expelled for.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: How much did you say that I just.
Speaker 2: Went he went up to fifty equipment?
Speaker 10: Okay, so he done move up because I'm looking at it.
Speaker 11: Now and I don't know it's he was saying, book a person, Yeah, saying book a personal video for four hundred. Yeah, it was three yesterday's price, today's price yesterday. And he literally, he literally has this is his on his icon, his photo, he says, former congressman a congressional icon with the painted nails as his Uh, I guess it's his emoji.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, he's in demand because people are stupid.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is just ridiculous. You know, I'm all about you know, I love little petty. You know, I'm all about the petty. But it just didn't make any sense to me for a Senator Fetterman to do this, you know, a sitting senator, Like, why would you do this? You've already made it known that it's a double standard. You've already made it known that you believe sent the men and there should be put out of the Senate. So to do this, I just don't know what the point what this is. And let me just let the listeners know for those who may not know why Senator Fedaman wants Senator Menindez Outnndez was first and dieted along with his wife on federal brivaly charges and extortion charges in September for allegedly accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes, cash, gold bars, Mercedes Benz convertible home mortgage payments in exchange for his position with.
Speaker 10: Egypt. So they basically call him the representative for Egypt.
Speaker 11: And I think I saw a story where they did find some of those stolen gold bars in his home this week. So certainly Ninda Fedaman has a good complaint. You know, it certainly makes sense, And I just don't know why will we dumb it down and do this on Cameo? Just that makes sense.
Speaker 8: The crazy part about the bars that they found in this house, The way that they caught him is somebody robbed the gentleman beforehand, and our police found the balls, so they wrote down the serial numbers and when they gave him back the balls, so when they took the balls out of his house, they already had the serial numbers on the balls. So that's how they found out that the boars actually came from the them, and that was allegedly paying for the bribe or whatever it was.
Speaker 6: All I know is George Santos is in demand because people are stupid. You got expelled for using stolen credit cards and now they're paying him on Cameo to make jokes about stealing people's credit cards.
Speaker 7: I was about to say something, but then I'm gonna be one of them stupid people. Go ahead, Lauren, I was gonna say, that's the same thing. I mean, it's like how people love JT. Like when JT got like that, we were excited that JT was coming home.
Speaker 2: They think it is a city boy. I mean, George Santos is the city boy.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like the first thing, like that's JT, that's mom.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well America, Yeah, historically America loves the bad boys and the gangsters and the you know, in trouble.
Speaker 10: So I get exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 11: The only problem is we're talking about a sitting senator, you know, Fetterman, who's in charge of billions of dollars in representing constituents, and they sitting around there playing like rappers.
Speaker 10: So that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Lauren.
Speaker 8: All right, Well that is Front Pay News. Now get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent phone lines wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, get it off your chest. Test We'll see in a couple of minutes. It's the breakfast club. Good morning the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one. You want to hear from you on the breakfast clubs?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this DJ?
Speaker 12: Every good morning? Good morning, good morning? Listen DJ.
Speaker 13: Can't can it?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 12: I'm so excited, man, I'm so happy. Man, If what's up? I need you, man, I need you to start a DJ union out here.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 12: I'm getting back to work. I've been a lot of work for DJ and for like five months. They they got me off some CS and then they went through every DJ they could in the city and finally called me back and say, you know what what you want?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 12: What you want?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 12: So I'm getting back to work this Saturday. I see everybody offering with rare ethens. I'm going in there, man. I mean, good gosh, Man, disrespect the DJs out here, man. We gotta price man, give it to us. Man. We ain't gonna do nothing but turn up even more.
Speaker 2: You can't, can't you from the d m V area right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: D C baby, d C.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I would love a union.
Speaker 8: I mean that would be something I would hope like a grand Master Flash could start or something where DJs, you know, pay an athlete fee and get some insurance and all that. I mean, I would love that, absolutely possible.
Speaker 12: All back you get, you get, get them guys together, badists to do something back because we gotta we gotta say out here, we gotta voice all here too bad. They treated bathroom times. But you can't get a war at some of these clubs. I agree, I agree, man, appreciate y'allo.
Speaker 2: Hey, Figare Roe, that's her name, test Figure, y'all.
Speaker 12: Man, she is gorgeous man, y'all follow her on Instagram.
Speaker 6: She is you.
Speaker 12: I don't know she got a dude or that man, but she is gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 12: I'm about lord, I'm an earthy impact.
Speaker 2: I'm right, I can Hello. Who's this Hey?
Speaker 12: Good morning, DJ Envy Charlemagne the goud.
Speaker 2: Good morning brother. I just wanted to get off my chest.
Speaker 13: I love the Birkas Club too much, the whole staff, Red Taylor, oh yo Eli, all the crew y'are doing amazing job. Love y'all.
Speaker 2: But Lauren, are you with what horoscopes?
Speaker 3: Because what's your sign?
Speaker 2: Lauren? Boy?
Speaker 3: What's your sign?
Speaker 2: Little boy?
Speaker 3: What's your sign?
Speaker 7: Let's get into why you saw attack what's your sign Sagittarius. Oh well, yeah, I understand you. Then I'm a sage too, and people are always calling you toxic.
Speaker 12: I'm not gonna say you toxic.
Speaker 3: This you I'm you, sir, not me.
Speaker 12: Oh me, No, I've never been called talking.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a lot. You're sad. But I don't know. I think that he just says a lot about people.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I don't think it does. I think it applies everybody kind of generally.
Speaker 2: All right, mind, well, you have a great morning.
Speaker 8: Don't be toxic me that sag it's me that oh me, Da, I'm sorry that it's mine.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chests.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five eight five five one if you need to be in here, this up now it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Ray right, ray yo, charlamae, chasey, what up are we lo?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 17: I got a pool pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: We're going on this to you?
Speaker 2: What up till you get off your chest?
Speaker 13: Brother and man, man, I just wanted to call and shake out the time around this year, I did ask for some books you as Charla Bay, I ain't getting yet, but that's all right. I got that blanket.
Speaker 6: H Okay, I'll send you some books there. I'm just making sure I get to make sure some books get to you.
Speaker 2: Stay on. Hold, we get your address again, brother, all.
Speaker 13: Right, hold on real quick though, man, I didn't want to tell that about that right there on the holidays. You know the jet fore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, boy, you know you know right yeah out there man after you look out there in these streets you already yeah.
Speaker 13: And sometimes I know they talk to stretch people out here, but you know, community, keep up with that blood pressure, man, go get checked out, because that's side and killer. My blood pressure were high. I'm on the slight blood pressure medicine.
Speaker 6: Man up with that, man, I'm on collectoral medication. I'm on that stat And every day at six pm, I had to send uh, send one of our producers Sins to the store just now to give me some baby after because I left my baby apping at the take baby apping every morning stating at six pm. You already know, hey, keep up with it, but one thing cannot give a shout.
Speaker 2: Out up yes, sir, I don't mind.
Speaker 13: Yeah, y'all like that. They try to get your creator right, man, fire my hall flood point liarry after past area. Y'all can left off Facebook, sit there her web site, the w w W Motivation Stand Up Solutions Dot call. I let him, man, she's really good. I know a lot of y'all get some cars in.
Speaker 12: The textile leave have some good credit to go with it. All right?
Speaker 2: Brother? Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 18: Good morning?
Speaker 2: He is Nicole? Yes, good morning, Happy birthday in the.
Speaker 6: I thank you, thank you, good morning.
Speaker 17: Do we have a special guest?
Speaker 2: Lads?
Speaker 3: You are sad shabby birthday?
Speaker 17: Good morning this morning?
Speaker 2: Lord? Is everything hodscopes? What you're doing for your birthday?
Speaker 16: Mamma?
Speaker 17: I was I well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: I was coming for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 17: It's in my birthday the same as your anniversary for the breakfast club. Okay, go ahead, good good. So that's all the time I was a party, was all party. Okay. So the other reason I was call is y'all, y'all hang, I know, okay, don't take.
Speaker 3: Them anywhere and don't pass them. Took up.
Speaker 7: They just left you hang they I mean, they just they just really.
Speaker 17: Hurt my feelings.
Speaker 12: I woke up.
Speaker 17: We gotta call.
Speaker 2: Y'all and I'm all.
Speaker 6: Gods go, okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 17: So the other reason why I was calling is I'm trying to promote my sister's publishing company. Her name is Katie. I called a few months back, and I'm calling again because she's a black author and she's trying to do her thing, and I was hoping, can you guys please look up her publishing company. It's called Phoenix Media and Books.
Speaker 2: Okay, what books she.
Speaker 15: Has?
Speaker 17: Her book is called Every Other Christmas and she just published her partner's book.
Speaker 6: It's called Riddle Sister, Little Sister Sister.
Speaker 17: Okay, yes, so it's Phoenix Media and Books.
Speaker 2: Phoenix Media and Books. Got you all right?
Speaker 17: Yes, thank you guys, And happy birthday to the show again and happy birthday to myself.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the event, you can hit it something now. We got rumors on the way, yes we do.
Speaker 3: We are going to be talking about Amy Rollback and TJ. Holmes.
Speaker 7: They're finally speaking out about that whole dating scandal, not scandal, according to them.
Speaker 2: Read the only interracial couple out here that's kind of winning.
Speaker 3: You you so you like them?
Speaker 2: No, but you know, you know how I feel about relationships.
Speaker 6: I had not against it, but no, But but how.
Speaker 3: Do you how you're not against it? But how do you feel?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Just because I love I love black love. You know what I'm saying. I think black men should be with black women.
Speaker 3: So then you're against it.
Speaker 2: I'm not against it.
Speaker 3: Why are you afraid to say that?
Speaker 6: I'm just neutral about it. I just have a preference in that preferences. I like to see black men with black women. But I'm not against interracial relationships. But they're like the only one that's winning. When you think about Jonathan Majors and what his lady was going through, you think about Gez and Genny.
Speaker 3: Ma, what makes them win?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 2: Why are they look happy?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Look happy?
Speaker 3: All right, Well we'll get into their happiness.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that next. O't moves. The breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne God. We are the breakfast Club. Lorna Rosa's here, and let's get to the room.
Speaker 19: Here from the.
Speaker 2: Doom of reports.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice in the name.
Speaker 6: On the breakfast Club Lauren came in hot, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, guys. So, Amy Robock and TJ. Holmes are back in the news. They dropped a podcast recently, first episode, and this is the very first time that they are addressing that whole scandal non scandal thing that got through fire from g m A. And they say that basically they were doing everything right behind the scenes, but they were outed and that's why it looked so messy.
Speaker 19: On November thirty of twenty twenty two was the day that we and this is very important, we were out it.
Speaker 2: We were out. We were outed. We were not caught by a publication that outed us.
Speaker 19: And so to be clear, we were out at our as being in a relationship, but everyone else thought we were being outed as adulters, being outed as cheating on our spouses, and it wasn't the case. Because the odd thing is that the day those pictures were taken and the day that article was released that outed us, we had both at that point been were in divorce proceedings.
Speaker 6: Yes, we had attorneys, mediators, we were in the middle of divorces. Oh that makes sense. Clearly, everybody behind the scenes knew what it was. That's basically we just didn't as we don't know nothing about none of these people.
Speaker 8: But how did they get let go though? If people behind the scenes knew and they would go in through the proper.
Speaker 2: To the employees, right.
Speaker 7: So yeah, so around that time, you guys, remember there was a big gap where they were sent home, but we didn't know what was about to happen, and the network was trying to figure out what to do. Basically what they wouldn't the podcast to talk about the fact that they didn't rush to disclose it to executives because they were literally in the process of still trying to tell family members about it.
Speaker 3: We have that audio too.
Speaker 20: We shouldn't have allowed I can say that in hindsight, But are for folks to find out about our relationship before they found out about our divorces. If people would have heard earlier, okay, they're out of their relationship, now they're dating, maybe an eyebrow would have been raised or something, but it wouldn't have become what it became. Look at that point, my daughter, I mean she's ten. I was still trying to get her adjusted to her new reality of her parents not being together, and I've been working on that for the past three four months, so I wasn't I didn't want to spring on her in that early that Oh yeah, by the way, you know that Amy Roboc, who's actually you've known since you were one, has been a part of the well I'm dating her now. I didn't want to do that to her at the time. But I hadn't even told my mom about the divorce. So why the hell am I thinking about telling an executive that the network about it?
Speaker 6: I agree with TJD like, I still don't know how I feel about employer having to disclose their relationship status, Like is that truly the company's business? Like what if you just dating the person? I have to tell you who I'm dating? That feels like overreached from the company.
Speaker 8: But I guess if it's on the same level, because right they were on the same level. It's not like an executive is dating an intern where they feel like they can use their power.
Speaker 2: They are on the same level.
Speaker 8: I don't see why they got fired if it was consulting adults, why that's content I'm consenting consenting adults.
Speaker 6: I don't see why you know what I mean. The consulted some adults about their relationships. The adults said, you know, it's okay for.
Speaker 2: Me, you know what I mean. But if they were on the same page as it, it shouldn't matter.
Speaker 7: But that's always been the question though, because the timeline, like those pitchers of them came out in November December, the network was like, Oh, we're not really sure we're gonna do, but just go home and take a little break. And then the month later they were permanently released, and people are like, there's no way y'all didn't know about this, and why do we care? As long as both of them consenting, they're on the same level. But I don't know. They got the podcast now, and I mean's podcast. They got a podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: You said people are interested, I wonder will people care about the podcast after this this episode. I know everybody is tuning in to hear what they have to say. Now, yes, folks care after the fact.
Speaker 7: I'm so interested because honestly, when all this first happened, I was like, he's dumb because when the heat comes, she's going to leave him and he's going.
Speaker 3: To be jobless.
Speaker 7: And I'm actually very interested in the fact that they're still together.
Speaker 3: They seem happy.
Speaker 7: I would love He also talked about she had to do a wellness check on him the day that everything came out like they were not okay anything.
Speaker 6: He was eating, taking a lot of edibles, and drinking alcohol regular weekend.
Speaker 2: For me, I saw that.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that part, but I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard of that. But after they discussed all lists.
Speaker 8: Do you care about their opinions on certain things, it's just about their relationship, you care about.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 7: You gotta be strategic, like I would love to hear them talk about like Genie mind Jeezy. Why because they're getting so much heat for being in a racial relationship that publicly fell apart or had some issues.
Speaker 2: But they don't know the inside of their relationship.
Speaker 7: But you can still give advice. They've been through a very public Let's.
Speaker 6: Slow down, wait til they have a little obamba or something, little j Cole or Drake before we jump out the window and start talk about there a couple to be given right advice to all interracial couples.
Speaker 7: Now, come on, now, you have to sit up here on this radio and give advice to people all the time.
Speaker 3: Based on your marriage and what you went through.
Speaker 2: I'm married and I've been there.
Speaker 7: They lost they were at gm A three and lost their jobs publicly, and we're called everything under the sun.
Speaker 6: But children, you start a unemployment podcast podcast about how to you know, bounce back after losing your job. That I listen to them about that, but they can't be post child for all innoations.
Speaker 8: They didn't bounce back yet radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're in the process of yeah, we got to see what happened?
Speaker 7: Is now the spouses the other two spouses, so the ex wife of t J. Holmes and the ex husband of Emmy Robot are now reportedly dating each other. That's why now I would love to see that episode that.
Speaker 2: That would be a great episode.
Speaker 3: That episode Real Housewives of gm A.
Speaker 2: That's some good stuff.
Speaker 3: I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: That's like trauma bonding. That's exactly what I think said.
Speaker 6: I think they probably reached out to each other to talk to each other, to CEO, did you know this was happening? Did you know this was happening? And they probably formed a bond from from that.
Speaker 7: I would watch that a lot of people to hear from trauma. But I like to watch it when they have it too, so I would watch it.
Speaker 8: Well, that is your rumor report. When we come back in a little bit after front page news, we should discuss that. Eight hundred and five eight five one on five to one. Let's discuss work wives and work husbands, right, are y'all cool with that? Are you're cool with your wife having a work husband?
Speaker 2: Are you cool?
Speaker 21: Like?
Speaker 7: How like just that just flowed out like it's like that's a normal thing.
Speaker 3: That's not okay, we'll discuss.
Speaker 2: No, we not bro stop doing that.
Speaker 7: No, don't be up here not claiming him. I don't like that because I'll be seeing behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 8: You just come up here and just fit in with the live, okay. Lauren Santos, all right, we got front page it was next and we'll take it. Calls on work husbands, work wives. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your morning's on never be the same.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's dj n V. Charlemagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Laura LaRosa is here. He's our guest host. And let's get in some front page news. Now let's jump right into Trump.
Speaker 10: Now, Yeah, let's talk about Trump.
Speaker 11: Charla May mentioned it earlier this morning whill he had a town hall with Sean Hannity that he participated in his town hall with Fox News last tonight. Now this is before the fourth Republican debate, which is tonight, and I want to make it clear I made an area yesterday when I was talking about the debate. I said it was yesterday, but it's actually tonight, So let me make sure that's clear. It's on News Nation at eight pm. So since Trump will not be at the debate like he wasn't at any of the other debates, he went to Fox to talk about it. Now, as Charlot May mentioned, he was asked about being a dictator, Let's listen to how he answered that question.
Speaker 22: I want to go back to this morning issue though, because the media has been focused on us and attacking you. Under no circumstances you are promising America tonight. You would never abuse power as retribution against anybody.
Speaker 21: Except for day one, except he's going christ except for day one. Meaning I want to close the border and I want to drill.
Speaker 2: That's not all that's real, that's not that's not retribution.
Speaker 21: I'm going to be I'm gonna be you know, he keeps I love this guy. He says, you're not going to be a dictator, are you? I said no, no, No. Other than day one, we're closing the border and we're drilling, drilling, drilling.
Speaker 2: After that, I'm not a dating.
Speaker 22: That sounds to be like you're going back to the policies when you're a president.
Speaker 7: One day there are people paying people on cameo because they like this. The Trump has set president.
Speaker 10: He said, one day, let me charmage.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 6: Imagine you and a man about to have sex, and that man says to you, I'm only gonna pump once we can have sex, but I'm only gonna give you one thrust.
Speaker 2: Would you believe him? Yes, Lord, you are ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I don't believe him.
Speaker 2: I would believe Would you believe him? No, one pump.
Speaker 7: But that's a different scenario. I wouldn't believe well and stuff like that because they know they about to go sad.
Speaker 3: But Trump is, It's a whole that's different.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't believe.
Speaker 11: It is impossible. It's impossible with me, but we can have that conversation.
Speaker 2: That's exactly one thrust.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, that's not gonna happen with me.
Speaker 3: It's a slippery slop over here. It's not gonna last that long. I get it. But Trump, no post you said.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is we should not believe this man.
Speaker 6: Okay, And I encourage you all to read the newest edition of The Atlantic magazine called The Danger Ahead, which lays out with a second Trump presidency would look like that man is absolutely gonna be on the revenge tour. He is absolutely gonna weaponize the d O Jada attack his political opponents and critics. That man is absolutely not gonna relinquish power in twenty twenty eight, if you're still alive, by the way, because he'll be Joe Biden's age now in twenty twenty eight. But folks aren't paying attention to the danger that's coming because Democrats demonize Republican presidential nominee and they say every Republican nominee is going to destroy democracy. So now that you have one who actually will nobody believes folks when they.
Speaker 7: Say, but he's been I don't know who doesn't believe him.
Speaker 6: Us people, there's no way we're sleepwalking into fascism.
Speaker 2: The way that we are. If we actually believed it.
Speaker 6: If the American people actually believed he is going to do everything he's telling us he's going to do, I think the reaction would be different.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he literally said it.
Speaker 11: I mean, like you said, Charlomagne, he said, yeah, on day one, I'm gonna be a dictator.
Speaker 10: So what all can happen in twenty four hours? I mean he said it.
Speaker 11: It's not even Sean Hannedy was trying to, you know, throw him some some other words to try to get out of it.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's not a dictator. I mean, but he flat out city.
Speaker 11: He also likened himself to al Capone, so in case anybody's confused on who al Capone is, you know, he talked about that as well during the debate.
Speaker 10: He also said that Joe Biden doesn't know that he's alive.
Speaker 11: It makes some other say talks about foreign policy, but you know, all Joe aside. That was hilarious, Lauren talking about the slippery slope. But yeah, we're we're on a slippery slope when it comes to Trump. He's very clear about what he's going to do, very clear.
Speaker 6: I don't even think we're on a slipper slop. I think it's mutually a shured destruction. I think that I don't think America can stop itself from the inevitable. And honestly, I just might be you know, this might be how it ends, y'all.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Every every every series has a finale. We might be looking at the Laura.
Speaker 10: Was talking about the slippery slope in the thrust.
Speaker 2: I just like going, well, y'all, clearly people ain't paying attention the way they should.
Speaker 11: Lord Well, we have some other news, but I guess we'll get to tomorrow. But I'll just I'll get just another reminder again. If you want to watch the debate tonight, check that out on APM. We'll bring you some clips tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Nobody watching the debate. I don't even know what I don't even know what New Nation. I couldn't tell you what to find.
Speaker 3: That's where all the Republicans go for jobs.
Speaker 2: I believe that I just don't know where it's at.
Speaker 6: And also, speaking the jobs, Trump is shutting the media down. I just want y'all to know that you're not gonna be able to criticize Donald Trump or anything. He's already said that you didn't see what he was saying to the president of MSNBC.
Speaker 2: A couple of days ago. He's gonna figure out a way the weaponar.
Speaker 6: The DJ against him the man, and the man reportedly was trying to investigate sn L. He wanted to bring charges against making fun of him his last presidential term.
Speaker 2: Y'all playing?
Speaker 3: But jo you playing? What are you gonna.
Speaker 6: Do with you?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, you know what?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: I was about to say something, but it don't make any sense to say.
Speaker 6: Just know I can scan dado from the country.
Speaker 2: I hope everybody got their coins up. Keep it on. Know what I'm saying to be able to skid dad a lot of America when things get hot. That's right, Okay, all right, well that is front page news. Sneaky tis absolutely shall make.
Speaker 6: Sure you follow teslian figure Out on all social media platforms and subscribe to at Teslin figure Out on at at Teslin figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 2: I think I said the same thing.
Speaker 6: No, what I was trying to say was make sure trying to subscribe the teslor podcast This Great Shadow Chase of podcast on the blackfact Ieart Radio podcast network and follow telling figures on all social media platform.
Speaker 3: They caught in and said, test be going in on social she's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: You heard the caller earlier.
Speaker 11: Oh thank you, Lauren, it had well, thank you. I did not hear that because I didn't hear the segment.
Speaker 3: And I told them they got no money, don't go follow you. She ain't playing them games.
Speaker 10: Who ain't playing the games?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 10: I like them broke?
Speaker 7: Oh I forgot you told me, yeah, because you've been remember I told you get your regular.
Speaker 1: Rich.
Speaker 11: I definite don't like them rich. So that that's what you your girls speak for yourself. I like Amazon warehouse workers and you know so yeah.
Speaker 6: Like working classmen, working class to the best.
Speaker 7: Jesus, I'm always here in the freaking days.
Speaker 10: I know you brought the frequent you. You came in talking freaking.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't even be meaning to. This room is just like set up.
Speaker 2: It's like, don't put that on. Nobody else in there, Lord la Rossa Delaware. Fine, that's right.
Speaker 11: I saw that picture you put up there too, with with your panties on and all of that year y'all go over head over and looking Lawren's.
Speaker 8: Pitcher, I saw what are y'all talking about no one got a picture.
Speaker 10: Of panties, and and uh, what are you going on this picture?
Speaker 2: I don't know, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: All right, you got a picture in your panties when we come back. Eight hundred five eighty five one o five. But we're talking work wive you work husbands?
Speaker 8: All right, we're talking does just mos fine if you have a work wife a work husband.
Speaker 2: This comes actually from the T. J.
Speaker 8: Holmes and Amy rollback conversations that we've been having for the last couple of months, you know, and most workplaces you have.
Speaker 2: A work wife, a work husband. I have a work husband. No you don't.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's anniversary to day too time like.
Speaker 2: The anniversary today. Gay marriage is not legally record, so we are not no work husband, okay.
Speaker 8: But that is the question. Eight hundred and five A five one oh five one. Does your spouse mind? If you have a work wife, a work husband, let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred and five A five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ Envy Charlemagne to God, we are the breakfast Club now if you're just joining us.
Speaker 2: Of course. Laura Laosa, our guest co hosts for today, we were talking about work wives and.
Speaker 8: Work husbands and we were asking, do you mind if your spouse has one? Now, Charlemagne, you said you have a work wife and a work husband, right.
Speaker 2: I don't have a work husband.
Speaker 6: I think that the term the terms work spouse or work wife, work husband, that term spouse wife husband is what throws people off, because you know, being in a married relationship is a very very very special thing. But I think that you have to look up the actual definition of work spouse is and it refers to a coworker with whom one shares a special relationship having Oh it's a work spouse has been defined as a special platonic friendship with a work colleague, characterized by a close emotional bond, high levels of disclosure and support, and mutual trust, honesty, loyalty, and respect. We're all lying if we said we didn't have people like that, that that that we worked with.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 3: I never I've never had a work husband ever in life.
Speaker 2: But you had, but forget that term.
Speaker 6: Have you ever had a special platonic friendship with a work colleague where y'all had a close emotional bond, high levels of disclosure and support and mutual trust, honesty, loyalty, and respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my friend Swanda back at TMZ, that's my girl.
Speaker 2: And Van and Van too. What what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: But I don't work.
Speaker 2: I said we should just turn change the term. But that's what it.
Speaker 7: Honestly, everybody black at TMZ. We always like that together. That's why we started the Black Caucuss. So maybe we should say that's like.
Speaker 2: A work orgy.
Speaker 8: Woh my gosh, you just made it work kinky this mind, Lauren. I don't know what the hell is going on. We just found out you you in your panties.
Speaker 7: And I'm just saying, if you're putting it in that term, most people have that with a group of people that are have similar interest group is okay.
Speaker 3: But a work wife, work husband, it just sounds like toe you.
Speaker 2: Well, see this is why this is the problem. Right. We listen to words because words do matter.
Speaker 6: Right, So when you think of the word wife, think of the word husband, it feels almost like sacriligious to call somebody else that that's not your actual wife or your husband. And when you look at what the actual definition of work spouse means, which is everything I just said. A special platonic friendship with a work colleague characterized by a close emotional bond, high levels of disclosure and support, mutual trust, honesty, loyalty, and respect.
Speaker 2: We all have those, right, Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I work with somebody to have a strong emotional bond with that I trust that I tell my deepest, darkest secrets.
Speaker 2: I do work with that person. I'm not your work husband.
Speaker 3: Did you say that up here? Why today different?
Speaker 6: Because I don't want to be gay. I didn't want to be gay all year. I came in here, Lauren at the top of the year with a thing called the don't play Gay bill because he likes to play gay. I'm tired of playing gay.
Speaker 2: He just change on me.
Speaker 7: Been here with me during my tenure here? How gay has Charlottage been? Scale of one?
Speaker 2: How gay? Have I been? A whole, whole saucy?
Speaker 6: I'm a whole, a whole material girl. Lord.
Speaker 2: But let's let's let's go to the phone lines. We have what's your name, Keisha? Good morning to Keisha, good morning.
Speaker 8: What do you think about the I guess the work wife or work husbands.
Speaker 4: I guess because.
Speaker 18: Wants their man or a woman all day.
Speaker 17: And that's really how.
Speaker 18: Off appears started.
Speaker 4: And before I got to stop. My man, his boss and his work life. We're not even gonna play like that.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Y'all looking at this all wrong because no one looks at it.
Speaker 3: And what you said, I'm trying to.
Speaker 6: Tell you I don't care about definitions. No, because most people don't care about definitions. I wanted to put that on.
Speaker 7: They only use definitions when they're trying to excuse something and money.
Speaker 8: Yes, hey, good morning, we're talking about workwives work husbands.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts, mama?
Speaker 18: So I think it's completely necessary. Like the term work wife work husband is kind of overblown because it's like, oh, well, you already have a husband. Are y'all messing around? It's a completely platonic relationship of someone has your back when you're not in the road.
Speaker 16: That's right, Queenn, I have a work husband everywhere I go.
Speaker 6: I just said the same thing. I just think I think, out of respect for those of us who are married, we probably should update the term for twenty twenty three. But the definition of work colleague, that you have a close emotional bond with that you disclose things with that supports you. Y'all gotta trust, honesty, loyalty and respect. You need that.
Speaker 8: So Amani, let me ask you a question of MONI. Yeah, you've been listening to the breakfast luff for a while. Oh yeah, so it's Charlomagde my work husband.
Speaker 7: Absolutely than are like so embedded not hear me coming to Charlogue's wife as a woman.
Speaker 3: Let me call my home grog. I've received.
Speaker 2: To me eight hundred five eight five one oh five.
Speaker 8: When we're talking to work wives and work husbands, let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club. It's topic time.
Speaker 6: Called eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 8: Warning everybody, it's j n V. Charlemagne the gud we are the breakfast club. Laura l Rossa is here. If you're just joining us, we're talking work wives and work husbands. Do you mind if your spouse has one? Charlemagne says he has a work wife and a work husband.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne ain't say that Charlamage does not have a work husband.
Speaker 6: Okay, but I do have a special platonic friendship with a work colleague characterized by a close emotional bond, high levels of disclosure and support, and mutual trust on see laws in respect.
Speaker 3: A work support person people that might be the work Do you.
Speaker 6: Just I think Lauren just coined a new term, what's that work support person? Like she just said the same way people have emotional support animals. You can have a work support person, a WSP, a whisper, a whisky whisp.
Speaker 2: I have a whisper.
Speaker 8: Yes, good morning. What what's your thoughts on work wives and work Husbanes?
Speaker 14: Good morning, y'all. So I have a personal experience with this with two associates that I used to work with. I first thought it was like, you know, play.
Speaker 18: They were just flirting. It was nothing serious.
Speaker 14: The dude had a whole girlfriend fiance with her at home and we worked at a hotel. Turns out they were getting rooms after work because he was upper management and they were hooking up and his life would be bringing him food much all of that, and the lady ended up getting pregnant and they.
Speaker 16: Had a whole school blue in the fairy and everybody thought.
Speaker 14: They were just play wise, play work husband and the wife had no idea about it.
Speaker 6: I don't think y'all should blame that on the definition of works bout. That's just y'all being messy.
Speaker 2: They was just playing.
Speaker 7: Messy, you know, because what what happened is when he gets caught, he's gonna go to the literal definition and say, we don't understand words.
Speaker 3: No, we understand words as about action.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 7: That lying.
Speaker 2: You're just messy.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing no work like work husband.
Speaker 2: Hello, good morning, we're talking work. Husband's work wise? What are your thoughts? Mama?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 23: First, can I say this, y'all? I gottlies and I can't believe it. Let me tell you no, not butterflies.
Speaker 6: Like on top of y'all on the radio.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: No, I've been trying to reach out for like ten years.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let me tell you.
Speaker 23: Yeah, but let me tell you I worked for this company.
Speaker 17: I ain't gonna call any name. And they getting ready to have.
Speaker 16: A Christas party. The companying the Christmas party? And why did It's nine hundreds of employees?
Speaker 23: Why would in a building that only holds out the dip we can't bring a plus one so I think they're just doing it so that people can meet with their girlfriends they work, girlfriend and working.
Speaker 6: I think, well, I think I think a lot of times when it comes to those type of events, uh, they do like it's like it's like bonding. Like holiday parties are bonding for companies and corporation. So they don't want you to bring any outside energy because they want all of y'all to you know, communicate amongst each other.
Speaker 8: I've been a couple of companies that when they had Christmas parties, it was only employees.
Speaker 2: They didn't want you to bring any outside people. And I think that's what bonding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's finely over our open bar. Don't always go to well off You gotta work wife and work husband.
Speaker 2: What have you seen that? TMG? That has scared you? So don't say it?
Speaker 14: Lauren?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 15: Who is this? Yo?
Speaker 24: This anonymous with Charleston.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be anonymous on the radio.
Speaker 3: You gotta work wife that you're not supposed to.
Speaker 2: That's right. You could have made it a name.
Speaker 3: People gonna recognize your value.
Speaker 2: My name Henry, right, Henry from the eight four three? What's happening to my brother?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, yeah, listen, man, now, workwise, the husbands is real now, but I don't necessarily believe in them things, man, because that's gonna believe off into your real life. Like now you're gonna come home mad at me because you're mad at her work day. You don't come come home to that is true, Charlamagne, that's not true.
Speaker 2: How old are you, sir?
Speaker 12: That's anonymous too well.
Speaker 6: I will tell you that you need to scripen your emotional intelligence because that is not true.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You can totally have soloma.
Speaker 17: Have you ever worked in the warehouse?
Speaker 6: Yes, I worked at a whales On Industrial coaches company. Used to be on Highway fifty two right there between monts Corn and Goose Creek.
Speaker 24: What do you go down in the world, man, Listen, it goes down in the warehouse.
Speaker 13: He just wanted to everybody.
Speaker 12: If your girl work in.
Speaker 16: The warehouse, she definitely get put on Let's.
Speaker 2: Break damn, man, is not true. You may ask you a question. Listened to the breakfast club for a long time, brother, man.
Speaker 24: They wanted since ray J called in night.
Speaker 2: So who is Charlmagne's work husband?
Speaker 12: You already know where that is?
Speaker 24: Man, DJ Shrimp.
Speaker 2: DJ shrimp, I mean you said that. Yeah, that's my work husband. I am not We are working we are husbands. We are work husband. I am not your work husband. What's the definition? A work husband is a platonic friendship with a work colleague, characterized by.
Speaker 6: A close emotional bond, high levels of disclosure and support, and mutual trust.
Speaker 2: You respect. I am your person, your work support person. You don't hug me? Yeah, I give you because you you you be.
Speaker 3: You'll be surprising him with the hugs sometimes because I hope my.
Speaker 2: Brothers let him lord from the back. You hug me from the back. Why would I ever hugli from the back? I'm not all that's disrespectful. Why would I do punch you? Exactly to why would I do ever? I would never hug lawing from the back from the back.
Speaker 6: Because I love value and appreciate you, and I show you that love like appreciation.
Speaker 2: What's another story, guys, I me what you like? Shut up.
Speaker 6: The moral of the story is you should all have a platonic friendship with a work colleague, to where y'all share a close emotional bond, to where y'all disclose things to each other, to where y'all show each other's support to where y'all have trust, honesty, loyalty, and respect. You know, there's actually I was actually looking at it to where the benefits of why a work spouse is important and they say that it can lead to increased productivity. Okay, it can help manage stress and prevent burnout. And it says having a close friendship at work and not only gives you someone to the brief you know, on the events at work, but it has a range of other benefits like the ones I just said, increase productivity and help manage screts and proven burnout.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree. I agree with that.
Speaker 6: Imagine going to a place that you don't necessarily like and you on an island by yourself.
Speaker 3: Here, been there, done that.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 3: That's why we made the TMZ Black Caucus up C.
Speaker 6: That's another good way to say put it, TMZ Black Caucuss. Find you a support group at work, man a support person.
Speaker 2: All right, broll. We got rumors on the way, Yes we do what y'all. I don't know, like how funny or like.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just sitting here thinking what the hell I'm just here think about this. The whole morning of like I've never seen somebody like just deny their lovers so hard, and then you're trying so you so like skin you over here trying so hard to be like when you have rumors on the way. I was just thinking, like all the headlines that will come out of today, how about you? But anyway, Yes, we were gonna talk about gross started some trouble.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good boarding la, Yes, sir, is it Charlade my work husband advice?
Speaker 2: He talks to me. I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: Right now, you gotta come to anybody as a woman or whatever you identify ass I'll back you up.
Speaker 6: I'm a work support person. Listen, do the intro.
Speaker 8: More thing, everybody. We are the Breakfast Clublow on the Roses our guess co host.
Speaker 6: That's right, check me out. On The Daily Show tonight, seven pm, Comedy Central. Thank you to everybody who's been watching all week. Last night our guest was Robin th D Tonight, speaking of hugs from the back. Michael Rubin will be joining us today on the Daily Show.
Speaker 2: So when he comes on the show, you.
Speaker 6: Every time I see Michel Rubin, I tell him, don't you even think about it? Okay, don't you even think about it?
Speaker 3: At least he respects you.
Speaker 6: Envy, I ain't got nothing to do with this, right, you know what I'm saying. I hugged Michael Ruber. No, you're just not gonna hug me from the back, Okay. Ain't no reason for grown men to be hugging and growing in from the back.
Speaker 3: Why did you do that to that? Why did you do that to envy that day when he was wearing that powder blue Swiss window.
Speaker 2: I'm lying. I hugged Michael Eric Dyson from the back. The other day.
Speaker 6: I saw Michael Leric Dyson at the United Justice Coalition event dropping the clues bombs for Rock Nation. We had the United the second annual United Justice Coalition event this past Saturday at the Jacob Jabison in New York, and Michaelaric Diyson was doing an interview and I did come up from behind him and give him a hug on camera.
Speaker 2: It was on camera.
Speaker 3: Che no better. I hope you don't ever follow. So that's a crazy starting travels just starting.
Speaker 2: Matter reading that in the deposition, he hugged me from the back.
Speaker 3: What that sounds like a foxy brown layer.
Speaker 2: It's an unlawful hug. Oh my godness.
Speaker 8: Well, if you're just joining us, the Breakfast Club hasn't been officially on air for fourteen years. It's our fourteen year anniversary or our fourteenth birthday. So we just want to say salute to all the listeners out there. We appreciate you guys so much. Oh, we should be so grateful and thankful.
Speaker 2: And we should thank New York City.
Speaker 6: You should thank New York City because I think in the month of November we were number one, number one something.
Speaker 2: We weren't number one. I just forgot what We were number one eighteen in November and number two twenty five fifty four somewhere top too, not number two.
Speaker 6: Yes, in month of November we were number one, eighteen to thirty four in number two, number three, twenty five fifty four.
Speaker 2: Correct, yes, So so again, thank you number one. You appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you New York City, and thank you to everybody all across the country you know who listens to. The Breakfast Club. Were in one hundred plus markets. We started off with one market in New York City fourteen years ago. Now we're in one hundred plus market. So thank you, We thank God for it all. God is great.
Speaker 2: What's the magic?
Speaker 3: Because y'all stay trend in. What's the magic?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: It's not the Brilliant Idiots podcast.
Speaker 2: No, that's a whole different podcast, Lauren.
Speaker 3: But it's been adding, it's been adding to that.
Speaker 2: We're doing that for ten years. I don't know. I think it's the husbands. He's not even up here claiming you and okay it's me, guys say it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're just gonna from your partner.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying if you look at them appreciation. I'm just saying, hey, man, okay, it's me, thank you, Lauren.
Speaker 3: That is not what I was trying to say.
Speaker 10: I got a picture on paymy Okay, thats got.
Speaker 7: More years now on my Instagram. Finding the picture right now? They in the comments, somebody gonna say I found it?
Speaker 3: Think you ta.
Speaker 2: Oh man? But no, the magic is God. You can't some things you just can't script. Some things you just stripped. I said script.
Speaker 6: Man did not say script. Some things you just can't script. Some things you just can't even plan. God has been good.
Speaker 2: God st thank you.
Speaker 8: Yes, fourteen years, that's right, well, rooms down when we come back, all right, when we come back, we got the room this Stowe move.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast let the morning morning. Everybody is TEJ MV.
Speaker 8: Charlemagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the room. That's lawna roast see Doom Report.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys from the name on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Lauren came in.
Speaker 3: Charlotmagne.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am, what you do this week? The Daily Show?
Speaker 6: I'm been doing the Daily Show every day one day through Thursday, eleven pm, Comedy Central.
Speaker 3: What else you do this week?
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club six am to ten am?
Speaker 3: And what else?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 2: Breathe live, be your father's husband. What you're getting at? Keep going?
Speaker 3: You be trolling? What else you do this week?
Speaker 2: I done?
Speaker 3: You'd be starting up. I told you you would sitting on the spot for fourteen years. It don only know what you be doing.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 3: Well in the Rumor Report today we have Charlotte Bene the god.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: He started some things with Rick Ross and fifty cent after he called well not even't really started you started back up after he called a fifty cent a diabolical genius.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen, go back to that fifty cent post, and I'm gonna tell you why fifty is literally a diabolical genius. First of all, you can read for the Power and all of that stuff like that. You can read the Art of War by son Suit, but it gotta be in you. Fifty he posts did it, reportedly takes temporary leave as chairman of.
Speaker 2: A vote amid sexual and soul lawsuits.
Speaker 6: Fifty says, I'll buy that from you, playboy for the low because you know Cadillac and AT and T gonna pull out.
Speaker 2: Those are the sponsors at presum Yes, I'll.
Speaker 6: Give you a few dollars for it. Now sell it to the meeting and we can be friends. I'm serious, call my phone. Why do y'all think that was a genius thing to post?
Speaker 2: He's basically telling Cadillac and AT and T to pull out and telling people who just want the sponsors, so.
Speaker 6: If they want to harass Cadillac and AT and T, that'll happen, and once some money comes out, it's a rat.
Speaker 2: It's a raft.
Speaker 6: This guy, man, what I say wrong? That's from the Brilliant Idiots podcast with myself and Andrew Schultz.
Speaker 3: By the way, you forgot you did that this week week?
Speaker 2: Well you know, yes, last week. You've got to be specific.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, somebody okay for whatever.
Speaker 7: Well after that happened, Rick Ross decided that he wanted to respond to the diabolical genius title that you gave fifty cents.
Speaker 3: Here's what Eric Ross had to say.
Speaker 15: It's something else I've seen that I thought was actually kind of cute. Charlemagne referred to fifty cent as a don Bottles and me, you know, thinking a way I think of Charlemagne, he would know better than that. A down ballic for genius doesn't file for a closure, doesn't file bank roughs, he doesn't snout a diabolical genius, diabolical genius for my next generation of young bosses.
Speaker 2: They buying Delta, they buying the Miami Heat.
Speaker 15: They make big boy moves, cracking jokes on somebody, don't make you diabolical, diabolical.
Speaker 2: Just having a little fun, get to the money.
Speaker 15: Get money, make you god bout that's what makes you Godbottle for charlotman shot.
Speaker 6: I stand about what I said. Fifty cent is absolutely a diabolical genius. If you look up the word diabolical in the definition of diabolical genius.
Speaker 2: Then you know that is exactly what fifty cent is.
Speaker 6: You know what diabolical means, Lauren, No, not by definition very evil, but often intelligent.
Speaker 3: I agree that that's Fifty's right. We're standing on business in here.
Speaker 2: What shoes you got on my filipslops for most cancers are that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We're very sweet, very loving, and we care about our people, but we do hate as hard as we we love, So leave them leave us alone.
Speaker 7: But right, your point was that he's doing things and moving business culture and all that stuff, and it goes over people's heads.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Now I will say to you know, Rick Ross is a mastermind as well. He's a master marketer. And you know why because every video he posts he's promoting something. So even in that video, he's promoting bel air and fifty does that too, by the way, because if you're gonna go viral, add some value to it.
Speaker 2: So I respect both those brothers.
Speaker 6: They all have different levels of genius, and I wish everybody could just play nice.
Speaker 2: That's what I wish.
Speaker 3: He called you kind of cute.
Speaker 6: He did what you said was if he ain't called me kind of cute he said what he said what I said was kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Knock it off. You see what I'm saying, And I'm not cute, I'm handsome because a difference.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess we learned something to the master marketer marketer diabolical genius.
Speaker 6: That's right, they both part. I wish they could all just get along. I wish everybody.
Speaker 7: You don't wish they could all get along. That they could all get along. You wouldn't have nothing to sit up here and talk about.
Speaker 6: No, that's not true. There's plenty we could be talking about. He canna talk about business moves people are making. We could be talking about the investments people are making.
Speaker 2: There's plenty. The fact that we think we can only talk about message crazy.
Speaker 7: How did you feel about the bankruptcy because he was getting dragged online because people are like the business big the biggest businesses filed for bankruptcy and do well.
Speaker 2: That is true. Just because you fought a bankruptcy don't mean.
Speaker 3: You broke I know that. But how did you feel when Rick Ross said it exactly.
Speaker 2: What I just said.
Speaker 6: Because you follow a bankruptcy don't mean it she broke. Okay, yeah, which is which could be considered diabolical or but that could be considered diabolical.
Speaker 3: But Rick Ross is the master marketer.
Speaker 6: He is not diabolical, yes, but saying diabolical genius Ross is the master marketer.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, all right, well he's a good marketer, tu though, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna move on. So we're gonna head on in and John and the Majors.
Speaker 7: Now, so John and the major do you guys know has been going back and forth to court over the domestic violence claims, So recently in court there was some audio played and just some things that were talked about because his ex actually took the stand, and when she took the stand, there were a few things that they talked about. So first they talked about the night that she decided to get out the cabin go to a birthday party. Afterward, they talked about things with his dog and how he had to introduce how she had to be taught to deal with his dog. And then it's been viral that allegedly he allegedly sets a her that you know, he wanted a woman that was like a Coreta Scott King or a Michelle Obama. So we have a report and then we're going to get into this Jonathan Major's conversation.
Speaker 25: Thirty four year old Jonathan Major's back in a Manhattan courtroom Tuesday as his ex girlfriend Grace Jabbari took the stand to testify against him. The thirty year old testified how she met Majors on the set of ant Man and started a relationship that intensified quickly before becoming abusive. Jabbari sobbed as she told the jury Majors through glass candles when she asked if he was okay, wouldn't speak to her for days because she went to a music at Jabari calling himself a quote great man and telling her he needed.
Speaker 2: A woman like Michelle Obama.
Speaker 25: Prosecutors say Jabbari's testimony paints a picture of systemic abuse by Majors that culminated with the events of March twenty fifth, twenty twenty three in Chelsea.
Speaker 7: So let's get into the correta Scott King Michelle Obama part of it. So basically, there was a recording that was played in court. On that recording, I guess she had come home drunk and he said to her he needs He's a great man, so he needs a woman that can support a great man. I think in the context, maybe he was trying to say, like her being as drunk as she was just wasn't a good look for him because of who he is. But of course people were flaming him. Corretta Scott King, Michelle Obama, Bro, this is a white woman.
Speaker 3: What are you saying?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So if Jonathan beag just wants this woman to be Michelle Obama and Coretta Scott King, then that means he thinks he's Barack Obama and Martin Luther King Jr.
Speaker 2: So now we know why he's dressed like he's from the nineteen sixty What does that have to do with the case with the salt?
Speaker 7: She was trying to show how that mentally and like this, he was so super negative to her. He was very manipulative, He threw harsh shots at.
Speaker 3: Her, just that whole thing diabolical in a different way.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 8: Then they also have a conversation about how he wanted her to be when she met his dogs.
Speaker 3: Yes, go into the conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I guess.
Speaker 3: So so it all started, do we have time?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, because okay, we'll come back. Well, yes, it's a.
Speaker 2: Lot, all right, all right, Well, thank you for those rumors.
Speaker 3: What did you get that.
Speaker 2: The food from this is a good thing? That unpacked though, because clearly Jonathan just wanted a black woman. That's really what you say. But my whole thing and this is clear he's showing that now because he's with a black woman.
Speaker 3: But it's always us after the fact. Don't do that. Damn, don't don't do me.
Speaker 2: We'll discuss. You don't know what he diated before though.
Speaker 7: I know what I'm looking at right now, what I'm saying, but you don't know what he might have hard time where he leaning.
Speaker 6: Guys, we gotta go, you gotta go, don't do it. I want to try new things. Miss Travis Kelsey first of all, yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: We gotta go.
Speaker 6: We gotta go. After the hour of Joshua James from Orlando, Florida needs to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 8: We'd like to have a word with all right, we'll get to that. NeXT's the breakfas slug of Morning the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same. Make sure you're telling the watch out for Florida, Milorada.
Speaker 6: The craziest people in America come from the Bronx in all of Florida.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 25: The Florida man attacked an ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 3: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 21: Florida man is arrested after everything says he rigs the door to his home in an attempt to electro hit his pregnant lights.
Speaker 10: Police arrested an Orlando man.
Speaker 3: We're talking to.
Speaker 2: Famado the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Bitch you donkey O the day with Charlamagne, a guy I don't know why y'all keep letting him get y'all ect Yes donkey today for Wednesday, December six, goes the Joshua James Pinkt of Orlando, Florida. Salute everybody in the great state of Florida. What does your uncle Sharla always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception, and salute to everyone who listens to us. On one oh four point five to beat in Orlando dropping a clothes bomx one of four point five to beat in Orlando. You are appreciate it, but one of your owners getting the biggest hea hat this morning because he does not care about responsibilities. See, when you are a public servant and you take that role, you have a responsibility to serve the needs of the public. Okay, Joshua's job was to drive the inmate transport van, meaning that he takes prison inmates to and fro Well, Joshua clearly doesn't take his job as serious as he should, because if he did, this wouldn't have happened. Let's go to WBTV three on your side for the report.
Speaker 2: Please. I've never heard of anything like that. I don't know.
Speaker 26: County Sheriff Darren Campbell tells me what happened in his county is anywhere from extremely rare, sit downright unheard of.
Speaker 21: He really wasn't too cooperative with us, so we don't exactly know why he decided to take this route.
Speaker 26: Many law enforcement agencies contract out with third party vendors like Saint Joseph's Detention Center. It's an easier way to move inmates to different parts of the country without exhausting local resources. That's what was supposed to be happening on Tuesday, as twenty one year old guard Joshua Bencat was behind the wheel taking four prisoners from the North to Georgia and Florida, but the group never made it.
Speaker 10: Apparently the driver decided he was gonna quit his job but just not return inmates.
Speaker 26: Another guard inside the transport van texted the company telling them what was happening and that they missed their schedule stop.
Speaker 2: Which in turn calls contacted US.
Speaker 26: Deputies caught up to the van a long night, forty in their Statesville and we're able to pull the driver over. He's charged with several counts of kidnapping the inmates.
Speaker 6: Listen, man, certain jobs you can't just quit in the middle of. For example, being a pilot. Can't just quit in the middle of flying a plane, all right, open heart surgery can't just quit in the middle of open heart surgery. Masturbation can't just quit in the middle of masturbation. Don't act like that's not an occupation. It's called a hand job for a reason.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Now, I know that we live in a world where everybody wants to be their own boss. Everybody wants to be an entrepreneur. You post things on your social media like you know, when you just have to walk away from things that don't align with you anymore. Yeah, I just quit my job. I get it, I get it. You're not happy. You want to invest in yourself, bet on yourself.
Speaker 2: Cool. But for all people who want to quit their jobs, just make sure you complete.
Speaker 6: Your last task first, even if only you know what that last task is in your head.
Speaker 2: It's that simple, Lauren, you quit a job earlier this year. I did, TMZ. We all know this. Do you think this was the professional way for Joshua to handle this?
Speaker 3: Is there a professional way?
Speaker 2: Yes, you didn't just quit in the middle of a TMZ broadcast.
Speaker 3: I probably even have done that in my head before though, But I.
Speaker 2: Mean in your head. But then you still yeah, you're right, you know, finished it out right? Yes? Yes, did you put in a two week's notice and all that I did?
Speaker 3: But I didn't give them two weeks though, damn.
Speaker 2: But you still put in a two weeks notees you still handled it the way you.
Speaker 3: Should have handled it, I would say, so, I don't know if they would agree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, see see Joshua, Lauren l Rossa is the voice you should have heard in your head while you made this decision. Decisions like this shouldn't be spontaneous. Okay, Lauren, is the voice you should have heard in your head, But that's not the voice you heard in your head. You was driving that van, cruising along with those inmates from Florida to Georgia, and you heard a voice in your head, and that voice sounded like this.
Speaker 3: I refuse.
Speaker 1: I refuse to walk around and watch people on my job looking over my shoulder, people lying to me, people talking about me. It's ridiculous, it is sad.
Speaker 10: I can't take it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna take it.
Speaker 10: I don't have to take it. I'm not a demit. I know how to find another job.
Speaker 1: For the last six years, I made six dollars an hour. That ain't nothing. I just got to raise after six years. I know I'm qualified. And after saying this, I don't care if I ever get another job period.
Speaker 2: It does not matter to me.
Speaker 1: But I refuse to walk around with people that'll speak to you. But then as soon as you walk by, dad, I will not do it to myself anymore. So if you're confused about what I'm saying, listen very carefully.
Speaker 2: I quit this bitch. That is the voice that Joshua James Pinkcat heard in his head.
Speaker 7: Yes, Lauren, uh do you know, like what if the lead up though just put him in that space where he just was like.
Speaker 6: No, I'm out, like I'm cool, not in the middle of transporting inmates from Georgia.
Speaker 7: You know, you know how disturbed you gotta be at work to leave like something must have I don't know now something like that, So I don't know, think about it like that is a serious job for you to just be like, bro, because somebody can send me in uber.
Speaker 2: I need to get out this car, complete the task. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And dropping the clues bomf net of the moods and please give Joshua James Pinkat of Orlando, Florida the sweet time to the Hamiltons.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are do all the day? Ye all right? You can't just quit people like that.
Speaker 6: Ain't y'all fake mad at j Z right now because y'all think that's how he quit Genny Ma, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Too iget about him quitting gene one.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, wow, why don't you care? Why don't you care?
Speaker 3: Why would I care? If he felt like that's what he need to do. That's what he had to do.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you Why don't you care? Lauren? Tell the truth.
Speaker 3: I think GZ looked better single. Really, that man looks great. That is a man.
Speaker 6: If Genie last name was Jennie Jenkins, you know what I'm saying? From East Point Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Would you like it? Would you care?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 2: And her he was a little darker, if she was black? Would you care? That's what he's trying to say. If African American instead of Asian American, would you care?
Speaker 3: It's not even about the interracial thing.
Speaker 7: I just felt like Giz should be single because then there's other single people that he could potentially run into it.
Speaker 2: You want to hire it, you want to you would give Jesus shot.
Speaker 7: Oh, Michael, let's not even get into the No, you're not doing that today. I just think he looks great single. That's no man stands alone and I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Still, you're still on the Kelsey tip. I never was on the Kensel You love Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 6: You was showing us pictures of him and Timberlands and everything as soon as he got with Taylor Swift, and all of a sudden you don't know that Caucasian man no more.
Speaker 3: You saw he was back with the tims on recently. You saw that.
Speaker 2: I see that. I did see old girl at the game. I did see that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. He might didn't like the criticism he was getting. He put them back for what.
Speaker 6: If you was dating Travis Kelsey and Travis Kelsey was like, yo, I need you to be more like Hillary Clinton and you know Taylor.
Speaker 3: Swift in Taylor Swift and Hillary Claire.
Speaker 2: Yes, how would you feel?
Speaker 3: I think I had to get him beat up, Like I had to call my brother, like, because what you mean? You know what it was when you signed up and they not me?
Speaker 2: So what's what's the question? What do we have now?
Speaker 3: I got to be Rhythm list in seasonless?
Speaker 2: Like what do you Well, first, let me close off the show with Bet b T. We'll see how tomorrow already on Bets two in the morning, one in the morning.
Speaker 7: So your time changed on Beat. I guess my grandma been trying to figure out where y'all at forever. If I just asked me out to day she said, I said, my mama going back to the breakfast because she said, oh, they're finally back at work.
Speaker 2: My mother in law feel the same way. I guess still couldn't find it. Apparently on the old Jesus.
Speaker 3: Watching, He's never going to be able to catch your show down.
Speaker 2: Their stories turn my story into my brother in law the same thing.
Speaker 7: I just seed enough, ever, mar Yeah, and look I'm telling people like no, I'm like, no, it's just Thanksgiving in on a little break.
Speaker 3: Marcandma said you could take a break from TV like that.
Speaker 2: I guess so. My pop just like, oh, what was we talking about before this?
Speaker 3: I gotta be seasonless and rhythmless.
Speaker 2: I am totally against it. Oh, we were talking about Johnathan. What's the question?
Speaker 6: What do we ask you as the young lady, the young the young white woman to be more like correct Scott care in Barack Obama?
Speaker 2: Now it is my't ask the lady to be like Barack Obama? Who Wasn'tchelle so be another whole different conversation.
Speaker 6: Is my my my theory that you know he wanted to be with a black woman, and clearly he wanted to be a black woman because he was making goodness.
Speaker 2: So that's the question.
Speaker 6: So I wonder if there's a lot of brothers out there who are dating white women who secretly, I guess, in their mind want this white woman to be like.
Speaker 2: A black Yeah whatever that is acting like a black woman. I don't know that's for him to say that.
Speaker 6: You know, you see this name two specific women, So maybe he wanted them to act like credit God king, you know, I just wonder if that's the thing.
Speaker 2: All right, so we can ask. So we're talking to our interracial.
Speaker 8: Interracial couples, all right, Uh, do you secretly want your white woman to act like a black.
Speaker 2: Woman, to be a black woman, or do you want you you want your white woman to be a black woman, black woman? And I guess black women, do you want your white man to act like Let's keep it to the men and the women. Jamal Tyrone call up here. You'll have to be anonymous this morning, damn it. Eight five one. The question is white woman to be more like a black woman? Whatever that means? That sounds crazy, but whatever.
Speaker 7: I would love please when you call, I would love to hear what is being like a black woman too? Let's let's talk only they know. I want to hear with the w I would love to hear it. Don't get yourselves chewed up today.
Speaker 2: All Right, I just posted a picture. Go check it out to his couple of goals. I just the Breakfast Club. Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Charlamagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us. We were having a conversation about Jonathan Major's what.
Speaker 2: Happened, Lauren?
Speaker 7: So Jonathan Majors, Uh, I mean there's a couple of things that happened. Number one, he's in the court.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 7: Basically, he the ex girlfriend that he is on trial for alleged domestic violence with, said that he used to do things like say to her, I need a woman that's going to be like Corret got King and Michelle Obama, basically trying to she's white, very white, trying basically trying to like mentally like break her down and say she wasn't a good enough woman because she came home drunk from a party.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we're asking eight hundred and five and five one oh five one fellas out there, if you're with a white woman, have you ever wanted your white woman to I.
Speaker 2: Guess be a black woman.
Speaker 6: I guess clearly Jonathan Major just wanted a black woman, because that's that's a wild request to make of your Caucasian significant other, you know what I mean. And then he's with a black woman. Now he's with Megan good too. Clearly he wanted a black woman.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's go to the phone lines. We have Jack on the line. Jack, who's real name is Jamal Jack? Good morning morning. Now you're with the white woman Jack, yep, and you wanted her to be more like who? Gee? Why?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 12: Why?
Speaker 13: Well, you know you know how to turn it on and turn it off.
Speaker 3: That's a black woman do Why don't you just date a black woman?
Speaker 16: Oh? Well, you know, you know you don't get out of that.
Speaker 2: You don't get off to seat.
Speaker 10: Laura's face.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: The picking and choosing, that's what's crazy for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't turn Shanaia Twain into Diana Rosser. Craig Melvin did not do it.
Speaker 6: You disrespect my good brother, Craig Melvin. Okay, it's Luther, Craig Melvin, South Carolina all day. That's my partner, all right. I don't even know what the hell he means when he says, Craig Melvin did it. What the hell you mean, Craig Melvin didn't know, Tony.
Speaker 2: Now, Tony, you're with the white woman, sir, your third and you wanted your white woman to be as black as possible.
Speaker 4: The opposite. I need her to be as quite as possible.
Speaker 13: My boy, My boy like this girlfriend to.
Speaker 4: Be as black as possible.
Speaker 13: And they did. They do it so wrong, Bro, they they did.
Speaker 16: They get too ratchet, They be trying too hard.
Speaker 2: Give us an example.
Speaker 6: So your homeboy got his white girlfriend with with give us some examples of what you call.
Speaker 4: She's just like she like baps almost, you know, like like she's trying to be in baps or something.
Speaker 3: It's just, you know what it is extreme of what they think a black woman should be.
Speaker 16: And all that the.
Speaker 3: Outcome of what they think.
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: So, like my old g said, I want my girl lily white.
Speaker 16: So what do you call?
Speaker 2: What do you call Lily white?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 4: Uh nah, no, bro, come on now, is she a Karen? We we can't we can't rock. But she she respects, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: She she knows, she.
Speaker 4: Knows like what it is that you know, it's a difference between black and white. You know what I mean, she knows that, and like she she she's not gonna try to overplay it or or you know, she she knows the boundary, she knows what.
Speaker 6: It is, like she knows she knows Miley Cyrus, but she ain't gonna start singing sexy.
Speaker 2: For no reason?
Speaker 12: Correct that?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Real quick, I gotta say this.
Speaker 2: I don't really talk to your type.
Speaker 16: For too long.
Speaker 13: King.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm from Florida.
Speaker 6: Bro, Yeah, but I don't really. I don't really talk to your type for too long. Doctor Umar won't.
Speaker 2: Allow me to, damn.
Speaker 10: And I wrote with doctor Umar.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, sir, listen, I do, but listen well about about ninety but anyway.
Speaker 2: They uh huh listen.
Speaker 13: So many people from New York move to Florida.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 16: So that craziness.
Speaker 13: That's the Bronx trance coming to Florida. Bro, that that's what that is.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 8: But I'm from South Carolina, so I can kill you all right. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We were having this conversation about Jonathan Major's this is eye opening.
Speaker 2: Because I felt that way when I heard this story. Right, I'm like Damn.
Speaker 6: Jonathan clearly wanted to be with a black woman because he's with a black woman now. And they hear people calling up here who have white women saying they want their white women to be like blalack women.
Speaker 2: It is eye open it. Why don't y'all just be with sisters.
Speaker 7: I would like to say for the record that this is why, Like when black women had the conversation about interracial dating and they talk about how they don't like black men to day outside of the race, and then people get mad when we say that because they're like, we should be able to have preference. The reason why people feel this way is because of things like this, Because it's like, if that's the case, why not date a black woman, Like pick out things that are wrong from a black woman and be like, I don't want that, so I'm gonna try this, but try and make her to be like you.
Speaker 3: Like it makes it has the lesser than to add on to that.
Speaker 6: Point, Lauren, the one guy said he don't date black women because they have an attitude, and did you see my next So white women, some of these black men just think y'all submissive and don't have no backbone.
Speaker 2: So why y'all dating brothers. That's why everybody just need to.
Speaker 13: Be with them.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll take some calls when we come back.
Speaker 3: Don't be mad at me when I get smart to you when you say something like what he said.
Speaker 2: We'll take some calls when we come back. It's the Breakfast Legal Morning eight five five one. To join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's the j n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. So if you're just joining us, we're talking about Jonathan Mage's uh. He was in court and in the court documents, his white ex said that he.
Speaker 2: His white.
Speaker 6: Did not have to say that you you can send his X and then after we explain what happened, then you say, and she happens to be called white?
Speaker 3: What's the difference?
Speaker 2: He said in the deposition that he asked her to be more like correct, he asked her to be more like Michelle Obama.
Speaker 8: Yes, and we're asking brothers out there, if you dated white women, do you want your white women to act more I guess black.
Speaker 7: But you know what's crazy is it's not that he just said like act black, like he went for like the two Michelle Obama black women.
Speaker 6: Ever, it's like what So it's interesting because clearly he sees himself as Barack Obama and Martin Luther King. So now you know why he dresses the way he dresses on you'all be talking about, he dresses like a civil rights activist.
Speaker 2: Clearly he thanks you. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 16: Hey, it's BJ from Virginia Beach.
Speaker 2: What's Bj?
Speaker 13: Nothing much? Man, I just want to say, I listen to you all the time.
Speaker 16: Man, I've never called it in my life, So I appreciate you all up giving me the chance.
Speaker 2: You gotta being white queen on your arm.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, I don't even know what that means, but yes, I date white girl. Hang on, I'm going through this gate.
Speaker 2: I'm going to my gate. I'm I'm home. Let you back in the house. I'm going to our house and that nice gated community.
Speaker 16: So here's my take, Thank you, sir, here's my take. I gave a black girl I white girls.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 16: So, I think to answer our Lauren's question, I think the difference between what I found in my experience between black girls and white girls is right light. First of all, like Goring said, the season list, right the rhythm list.
Speaker 12: That's true.
Speaker 16: Let's go ahead and get that out way. My sister's got rhythm. We all know that they be throwing down in the kitchen. But what most guys I think observe is how black women can be more expressive. And that's not a shot, right, They're just more expressive, and sometimes guys can't handle that's right.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad y'all know that.
Speaker 6: I'm glad y'all cannot handle the expressiveness of a black woman.
Speaker 16: Just say that, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's you know, oh, black girls got attitude and all this stuff. That's really not it's not I don't like that verbage. First of all. I think they're just more expressive and you sometimes have to give black women a little bit more TLC. You know what I'm saying to get through that wall, because women black women have got a lot of times the short end of the stick.
Speaker 6: I don't want to, you know, paying the band stuff because you out here with your new being white queen.
Speaker 2: Because if you feel like that, why you ain't with a black woman.
Speaker 3: He's feeling good to diy security recognize them.
Speaker 2: He got through. Why you not.
Speaker 16: Because you don't You don't hit somebody that you like based on their color. I would think that's kind of prejudice and discriminated to But but I hear you though. I get why people don't like it. I get why people don't like it. It's fine. I'll take all the shots, but answer.
Speaker 6: Answer the question, though, Do you think do you try to get your white woman to be like a black woman?
Speaker 2: You just want her to be yourself?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 24: No, no, absolutely no, I don't.
Speaker 16: I don't date anybody unless I've known them for several years. And so we didn't even start dating until I knew her for about four years. And what the flaws and all? Man, it's all about the flaws and all?
Speaker 21: You know?
Speaker 2: Got you? So you don't want her to be anything except for who she is?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I mean if she said I need you to be more like like like a white man, then I mean I'd say the same thing. No, it's supposed to be me, flaws and all. So, yeah, you can't do.
Speaker 2: That, Okay.
Speaker 3: Would you still be with her if she said that to you?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: All right, Ben, Ben, You're going to cut the grass. We'll talk to you later.
Speaker 3: That's all up to you.
Speaker 12: Damn.
Speaker 2: What's what's the mall of the story, there's a moral. I guess the moral of the story is love is love. Like I'm glad if you're happy.
Speaker 6: I say a lot of things about interracial relationships with the reality is if you're happy, that's all that matters. But I don't think you're that happy if you want the person you're a with to be more like somebody else.
Speaker 2: Let's let's take one more caller. Hello, who's this Ry James? Oh, we live live live, Ray j Let me ask you a question. Do you want your white women to be more like black women? Damn it, man, I'm trying to understand. Uh.
Speaker 6: We're having a conversation this morning on the radio about you know, Jonathan Major. Jonathan Major just told his white his ex white girlfriend, that he wanted her to be more like Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama.
Speaker 2: So it made me believe that he really wanted to be with a sister to begin with.
Speaker 6: So a lot of brothers have been calling up saying, yes, it is true they want their white women to be more like black women.
Speaker 2: So for the white women that you be with, do you want them to be more like black women? I'm married. Why it took you so long to get there. Yeah, I didn't understand the question. I'm trying to.
Speaker 13: See.
Speaker 2: I just happened to see Norwood on the.
Speaker 24: No, that's my mom.
Speaker 2: I got my phone in my mama name.
Speaker 6: I can see, I can see it's Luthor got ray J. You know, J got all the special numbers to get through to us anytime. Because ray J not only was the first ever interview on The Breakfast Club, he was our first really big viral moment.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club. They weren't the same moment.
Speaker 6: They weren't the same moments either, like the first telling people that all the time, the first person ever in studio with us J, and then then it was the big viral moment that we all know that that's culturally historic, that.
Speaker 2: Correct that that ray J did too. We love you, man. I'm so proud of y'all.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 27: I just called to say, you know, congratulations. I'm watching y'all leave every day and I'm proud of y'all.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 16: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I love y'all. When you're coming back to kick it with us, man, I'm.
Speaker 27: Gonna do it a top top of the year. I'm trying to set that I'm trying to I'm trying to open a year up with y'all.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Ray, you gotta cut you know. You know I got the Crystals opening in South Carolina. You gotta come back up here first quarter, Yo, for y'all.
Speaker 2: That's big.
Speaker 6: I might you know what, Ray, we talked about it. I already talked to Bill. Let gonna bring y j down to South Carolina.
Speaker 2: That's what we need.
Speaker 12: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Yes, sir, well, Ray, we appreciate you.
Speaker 12: Check it in ready, Man.
Speaker 6: I love y'all.
Speaker 27: Man, y'all keep doing what y'all do. Man, I'm right here on the shot. I'm watching everything that's happening.
Speaker 2: My brother. Appreciate you, King, all right, Love love brother. All right. Well, let's get to the rooms report. I think a lot of.
Speaker 3: People will recognize the boys from.
Speaker 2: The name on the Breakfast Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 7: So before we get into Taylor Swift and the Forbes Lists conversation, you want to send it a resting peace to Norman Lear. So it's confirmed just now by a spokesperson for his family that he has passed away at age one on one you'll know him from Jefferson's All in the Family, Big TV producer, comedian on Sanford and Son Good Times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was a writer producer. He made sure those shows were on the air because of him. Norman Norman Lair, All in the Family, the Jefferson's Good Time, Stamford and Son mard the facts of life in the industry full of culturally closed executives. And you know, it doesn't matter what the race is. Some folks are just culturally clueless. Norman Lair was a person.
Speaker 2: Who got it. Yeah, he got he totally got it, totally understood.
Speaker 5: He uh.
Speaker 8: He fought in World War Two and came home and became a wrioter. He's originally from Connecticut, and like you said, he died at the age of one hundred and one.
Speaker 6: That's fantastic life. You hear me driving to Cluse mom for Norman Lyt. I'm taking one hundred and one all day. My five year old told me I'm gonna live to be one hundred and one, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: And he has. He had six kids.
Speaker 7: Rest in peace to him. Now, talk about people that are getting it right now. Tell us Swift was just ranked the world's fifth most powerful woman.
Speaker 3: In this article.
Speaker 7: The line that they lead with is as she outpiece Beyonce and Rihanna on the Forbes annual ranking. So we have audio of a aprotletic listening.
Speaker 28: So who is the world's most powerful female? It is EU commissioned President Ursul Lavon de Lyon. She's been named the world's most powerful woman. That's for the second year in a row as well. The sixty five year old German politician has topped the list, followed by European Central Bank President Christine Lagard, the US Vice President Kamala Harris, that's who I thought it would have been, and the Italian Prime Minister Georgia Maloney.
Speaker 2: That's the lineup.
Speaker 28: Pop star Taylor Swift, who just became the first living artist to have five albums in the top ten concurrently came in next at fifth place, just in front of Beyonce.
Speaker 2: It would seem why.
Speaker 3: They always talk Beyonce.
Speaker 6: I telled us with I could did Wolfe on tour this year and that's all. That's what that that's where that comes from.
Speaker 8: Karen Lynch is number six. She's the one that runs CBS, so she's right behind Tylor Swift.
Speaker 6: Those first four in that position of power just because they're in positions of power, correct, right, Yeah, yeah, that's all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why people are like, whoa, this is kind of crazy because it's Taylor Swift and all these other people in power. Now, well know, y'all, y'all ask me why did name the black people that were on the list prior to tail the Swift?
Speaker 2: We know why you don't care about black woman.
Speaker 3: That is not true. That is not true.
Speaker 7: We didn't talk about Kamala, but it takes you. You got to go all the way down to number thirty one before you even get to another black woman.
Speaker 2: Oprah one, Oprah winfree thirty one. Yeah, yep, So who all in front of Oprah?
Speaker 15: Then?
Speaker 2: And what is there? How do they defining power?
Speaker 6: I clearly understand the first four because they're in positions of power, but how are they defining power?
Speaker 2: I won most of us business, most of it.
Speaker 8: If you look at the list, a lot of them say business, finance, technology and like she and like Lauren just said, you don't get to thirty one when you start talking media and entertainment got you and Beyonce's.
Speaker 2: Number thirty six sean seventy four. Yeah, Rihanna seventy four. So Taylor is just so high because of the year she had. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's really freaking famous. Sheeus it's crazy, that's the fact. It's kind of crazy. Well, there we are. You got to talk about the black people on the list.
Speaker 2: Too, No you didn't.
Speaker 6: You barely mentioned the game A little sprinkle what just sprinkled a little chocolate and the tello on that story.
Speaker 3: Just now, whatever side of the bed you woke up on this morning, don't do it again to morrow.
Speaker 6: A little bit little spring. That is not true her too. Actually, we just talked about three three and a half Beyonce, Oprah and Kamala haas white president of kamalas stupid man.
Speaker 3: We let into this with you being mad.
Speaker 7: I didn't mention the black woman that was prior to tell the swift, Kamala Harris, and then you just gave just gave her half of a point.
Speaker 2: You mentioned thirty seven white.
Speaker 8: It's it's four on the list Oprah, Beyonce, Rihanna, and I don't care anything.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you see how you backtracked. What's we're wrapping it up?
Speaker 2: Well, that's all we got all right, well, all right, well, thank you long to us for that room report. Of course, when we come back, we got the people's choice.
Speaker 5: Don't go.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know. You was about to attack a black woman here.
Speaker 2: You could you stop? And could you grace? It's the Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club. Your morning's will never be the same morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's DJ n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura LaRosa, our guest co host, is here. It's fourteen years. It's our fourteen year anniversary of fourteen year old birthday. I guess anyway you want to call it. We've been on this box for fourteen years and we just want to say thank you so much. And we got one of our brothers on the line right now. N O r E for going on on Norri?
Speaker 2: Where are you at, Nori? Because I've been seeing you. You've been traveling everywhere.
Speaker 8: You've been on every island, every continent, every city, every stamp.
Speaker 2: You just be moving.
Speaker 5: We just starting to live life, man.
Speaker 12: But it's about y'all.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 29: Happy fourteenth anniversary, man, Thank y'all for doing everything y'all do for the culture. You know what I mean for the vibes, for the lives, for the people. Y'all change people lives, man, you know what I mean. And I just wanted to give y'all y'all flowers.
Speaker 2: You know, drink champs.
Speaker 12: We made that very popular now giving people they flowers.
Speaker 5: But you know, even before we was doing it on drink camps, y'all deserve y'all flowers.
Speaker 2: I know, I got my drink Champ flowers in here right now behind me, my brother.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, Well, well y'all need to come on drink chaps together, both for y'all, you know what I mean, and and have some fun with us in possum a space.
Speaker 2: We coming.
Speaker 6: We already talked about it. We're coming, you know when we come in Noor. Were gonna come and we do that. Do your think you'd be doing that?
Speaker 12: Ye y, yes, absolutely, we're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do that. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: How does it feel to be fourteen years?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 12: Come on, talk about that.
Speaker 8: I mean, for myself, it feels good. It feels like the first day. I still have the same amount of feeling and energy. I still feel excited, like it doesn't feel old. It doesn't feel slow. I enjoy getting up and going to work every morning and seeing my gusband over here.
Speaker 2: It feels like it feels like God still has a purpose for you know what it is that we do. That's what it feels. Absolutely, man.
Speaker 29: Well, I appreciate y'all in case you know, y'all don't know, man, y'all change the culture.
Speaker 2: Y'all doing your thing.
Speaker 5: I had, you know, I knew Charlemagne before y'all got together. I knew Envy before y'all got together. But you know, with y'all coming together like Voltron, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 5: I just definitely wanted to take time out of my day and like, you know, let's let y'all know, man, y'all really deserve it. I'm gonna come up there too, just to come but you know, yo, man, they're doing a phenomenal y'all. Continue to do your thing, y'all. Y'all was well deserved and I'm looking forward to another.
Speaker 2: Fourteen all year. Thank you, Mike. I appreciate you absolutely.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 2: You have a wonderful day.
Speaker 8: And O R a thank you brother, all right, And I just want to let you know, Chess just sent me a picture. The people found it Lauren Rosa in a panties. First of all, I have on stockings over the pink.
Speaker 2: But do you have panties on? So she was right, I always have pies.
Speaker 12: Why are you?
Speaker 6: I don't even want to see you like that. I didn't even like As soon as I started, I was like, man, what the hell? That looks so stupid?
Speaker 2: Wow, I thought the picture was nice.
Speaker 6: He looks stupid to me, he looks nice. You don't take that stupid ass stockings and panties.
Speaker 2: Off for that.
Speaker 7: By the way, the hold he is available on brownco gardener dot com. Great, great time at facts black women are fing or this is what the hoodie says. It's unisex. Please go out and shop barn dot com. We shipped worldwide, but if you in the US, it's free shipping.
Speaker 8: Women sell the whole fit, like every time you wed a whole fit, the whole fit, top to bottom, like shoes. Everything I'm not pulling in.
Speaker 2: I'm not stockings. The panny combination looks stupid.
Speaker 3: Damn, it's honestly fire. It was like top three looks.
Speaker 2: We're gonna move on all right there? When we come back it's a positive. It is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good board it warning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren LaRosa is here and we got a special guest on the line right now. She's probably taking her son to school. Ladies and gentlemen, you.
Speaker 3: Known called it to hear me listen today, let me hear me talk to that Gary.
Speaker 17: Club four your Anniversaryia.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you for being a P one listener. That's what they called listeners who listen every day.
Speaker 2: That's right, period period. But what you're up to? What you're doing? You just dropped yourself off at school.
Speaker 17: I just dropped both of my kids off the school.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going back home.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now I have to ask you something, Uh, Carisha, are you do you still? Who do you want to be the co host? Cause when last time you was here, last time you said, I was saying, Laurel Ulser was like, you know, you don't know who I am?
Speaker 2: Have you has your opinion changed? Who do you want to be the co host? Why y'a doing that? Young Miami let her talk.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm off for the women, so less time I will say with her, so I would want to see Jess because I really want to see Jess, like for real.
Speaker 2: She wanted.
Speaker 3: What she saying she wanted in person experience, so then she could judge.
Speaker 2: But what you be in person? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Person? She said she want to compare it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna tell you right now. I mean, you could compare it all you want, but I'm here, ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't know if that to be your I don't know. I don't know about that. Okay. Do you know what you got that from? Okay?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, I know what.
Speaker 17: It's too early.
Speaker 16: It's too early for the smoke.
Speaker 6: It's it is.
Speaker 3: It's nine oh three. I'm ready for the smoke this night.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling you, and we appreciate you, y'all know, for real.
Speaker 17: For y'all know, I love the Breathface Club.
Speaker 13: I'm listening to the like I love the Reface Club.
Speaker 17: It's a part of my daily every morning when I say cool.
Speaker 2: And I love y'all, I love you, love me back. Thank you so much, Mama By that.
Speaker 3: Was a good fourteen year shout out Yeah it was.
Speaker 8: Young Miami Krisha and also shout out to Cousins Lobster for delivering some amazing lobsters this morning.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you, guys, and Lauren, thank you so much for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for having me. Make sure y'all go follow me on Instagram at Lauren the Rosa l O R E N O s A.
Speaker 2: I don't know the brother of the week, am I she could come? No, it's good. Let Lauren come. We can have Lauren, Laurie and Karen. And you want to ask Lauren if she's available? Are you available? La available?
Speaker 7: I'm always always playing ahead for y'all because this always happened.
Speaker 6: Okay, So Lauren laross will be here the next rest of the week. Carry Champion will best.
Speaker 2: The rest of the week too.
Speaker 3: I love her?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, what I can't wait? Harry Champion.
Speaker 6: Lauren l Rossa, Brown Girl Grinding versus Brown Girls Dreaming.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to the bottom of this tomorrow on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Carry Champion has an organization called Brown Girl's Dream. Lauren Lroossa has an organization called Brown Girls Grind?
Speaker 2: Who came first? Who's copying? Who is anybody copying? Anybody? Is there a battle.
Speaker 10: On panties.
Speaker 12: Come from.
Speaker 3: Don't bring up my pies in here with that lady because she is I love her.
Speaker 2: Black women against no.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 7: Listen, earlier in the shower said if there was no mess, you wouldn't have nothing to talk about.
Speaker 3: He said, that's not true. And now you're sitting up here looking like you're hosting a housewife reunion.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't know that this was gonna happen.
Speaker 12: You see.
Speaker 6: Look, this is what God wants to help girls dream. Russus Brown Girl Grinding tomorrow and the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: All right, and shout to cousins Lobster for supplying food for us this morning, catering for We definitely appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Slew to you guys. We got a positive note. Yes, we do have a positive note.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 6: First of all, I want to tell y'all make sure you check me out on the Daily Show tonight eleven pm on Comedy Central. Michael Ruben will be my special guest tonight, so you know he's not gonna hug me from the back.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna allow that to happen.
Speaker 6: But check us out on The Daily Show to night eleven pm on Comedy Central and the positive notice simply this. I just want to reiterate something my father has been telling me since I was a child, and it always stuck with me.
Speaker 2: Me ges, let me guess, let me guess the Cowboys, let make it to the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Well back then we were going to the super Bowl and went to the super Bowl like three times back then. We want them to Okay, no, it is you are never as good as they say you are, and you are never as bad as they say you are. Always remember that you got to know how dope you are without validation. Congratulations are a celebration.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: If you feel like that, then people's negative opinions of you won't even bother you.
Speaker 2: You have a great day, Peace, breakfast club bitches, you don't finish or y'all done.