Speaker 1: Hey, it's Danielle Fischl right or Strong and will Fredell. But you know us best as Tapanga.
Speaker 2: Sean and Eric from Boy Meets World.
Speaker 1: And now Pod Meets World, the podcast where we've been sitting down weekly to rewatch the show we starred in as kids, and we've been unpacking well a lot, and.
Speaker 3: We've been taking the show on the road with the Kids Want to Jump Tour where Every stop in cities across the US has been totally different and pretty hilarious, if I do say so myself.
Speaker 2: But we know not everyone could join us. So we're happy to announce that our recent thirtieth anniversary of the show, Live from the met in Philadelphia, will now be available to stream no matter where you live.
Speaker 1: Our biggest show yet in the hometown of the Matthews, featuring appearances by Trina, Angela McGee, Matthew Lawrence aka Jack Hunter, Tony Mister Turner Quinn, and Danny Harley McNulty, who makes a very special surprise visit.
Speaker 3: It was so much fun and now you can experience it from the comfort of your own home.
Speaker 2: It will be available on December eleventh at five pm Pacific. You can learn more about how you can watch at veeps dot Events slash Pod meets.
Speaker 4: World December eleventh, your birthday.
Speaker 1: That's try and this stream will be the only way to see or hear the Philadelphia show. We won't ever be airing it again and we won't be releasing it as a podcast. Get all the info on streaming the live Pod meets World show so you don't miss out. Go to veeps, v e p s dot Events slash pod meets World Now.
Speaker 2: So I'm up here at Redwickshire at my parents' house because we are we do like a pre Thanksgiving Thanksgiving and we split our Thanksgivings into two whatever, so we always have a first Thanksgiving with my parents and because it's not officially Thanksgiving, friends can come for a few years. My my old one of my oldest and bestest friends, Ocean spelled O'shian and also strafty bright.
Speaker 4: But also originally.
Speaker 2: Sad.
Speaker 4: Ocean was so sad his parents.
Speaker 2: Actually his parents intended they named him after a song that said like they called the wind O'Shane or whatever, but he became Ocean anyway. He came up and we were catching up and he's been listening to the podcast yeah, and he shared with me. It was like really it got kind of emotional and very nice. He was like, I have to I have to tell you, like listening to this. I didn't expect you know. I was just listening hoping to, you know, because I told him that like Strafti bride became a thing, and he was just hoping to, like hear a little bit about what I'm doing and what's going on. He's like, I I can't tell you. I found this so cathartic to listen to and to understand this whole aspect of your life that he's like, I never He's like, I knew. I didn't really know about it. I didn't understand it. But he's like, but I didn't realize how emotional it was it would be for me to appreciate this part of your life. He's like, because when I was, like, when we were little, all I thought about Boy Meets World was that it took away my best friend. He's like, I just He's like, it's just you know, I was like, oh, my buddy's gone all the time. And when he was my best friend and we were always in school together, and he's like and so and he's like, and I remember like then, if we ever went to like the mall and people recognize you, I just remember being like, oh, I hate this, I hate this whole thing. And now he's like, but now I can appreciate it, and I can appreciate what you were going through. And he's like, I found it very cathartic and emotional. And I was like, that's that's so sweet. Man. I was like, obviously it's the same for me, Like you know, the coming full circle. I'm like, so so our little Podmeats World journey has expanded beyond just you know us and even our listeners who are fans of Like he's never watched an episode of Boy Meets World. He actually watched the episode last night with me really yeah, which was really the first time, but he had been to set. He remembers being to set and feeling very uncomfortable and and I don't know if I've told you guys this, but my my buddy Nathan and also one of my best friends that I grew up with, still has anxiety dreams about visiting me on set, and he has dreams where something goes wrong and they need him to step in. He has he is accurate. But I think for you know, for all for all of my friends or probably all of our friends visiting on the set was kind of like what is this world? It feels so foreign, you know, And the biggest fear would be that they would have to like do what I'm doing, or like step up or and yeah. So I told that to Ocean last night. I was like, oh, you know, Nathan has these dreams. He's just like, I've had these weird memories too, where like I have to stand in He's like, did I have I'm like, no, they would never have asked you to stand and that would have broken like a bunch of child labor laws. But he's like, but why do I have this memory too? He's like, I was like, you're just I was like, I couldn't imagine you coming to visit set and everybody and I could say see like Will being like hey, why are you jumping on and just teasing him. He's like, maybe that's what happened. That's probably what happened.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the conversation about getting them to be background actors ever came up, Considering you had your friends over the years who that's true, I've.
Speaker 2: Done that I would have. Yeah, And I mean that's the thing I think if especially in the early seasons, because we did have kid background actors that you know, like Aaron was a background actor, but you know that was because somebody asked for her, Like I don't think my friends I ever would have wanted, but yeah, they probably offered at some point and uh and then had an It was interesting. I mean, Ocean just felt, you know, he just remembers feeling so uncomfortable and said, feeling like such an outsider, which totally makes sense. He's like, I just remember being in my tied eye and so he didn't feel strafty bright. Well he didn't feel strafty bright, no, but now he feels strafty bright about the whole thing that.
Speaker 1: I mean. My mom has said, you know, she listens to every episode too, and she says like, I can't believe how many things I learn about things that you guys were going through or things that were going on, and yeah, I mean it's been really great. Also, my brother, who was there probably you know, for every tape night, at least a lot of tape nights. My brother has so many memories of growing up on set, and one of the most memorable and maybe you guys remember it too. It must have been a tape night or a tape day because my dad.
Speaker 4: Was there too.
Speaker 1: Either that, or maybe it was like around some sort of holiday week where my brother was off of school, because my brother and my dad were there, but they were standing in the John Adams High hallway set where that benches over near Feenie and mister Turner's classroom outside that area, and my brother was on my dad's shoulders. So I was twelve when we started wey meets old. My brother was eight. He's four years younger than me. So my brother somewhere probably between eight and ten years old, on my dad's shoulders, and my dad, thinking it was going to be a good and fun idea, went to go lift my brother off his shoulders by by just lifting him straight up with his thighs, and my brother was going to need to hold and my brother had no idea what was going on. And my dad lifted him up like this, and my brother leaned forward and fell face first into the bench. Oh no, and like broke his nose or something.
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Dad must have felt.
Speaker 4: So Dad has never felt.
Speaker 2: Worse, especially in front of everybody, like everyone's.
Speaker 1: My brother then bloody and it was awful, and like my dad was like, I am so sorry, and Chris was like, I'm sorry that I didn't stand, you know, and he was like, I just you know, it's just one of those moments where you like, just a truly terrifying moment.
Speaker 2: And and if I do that to Andy, he would just immediately be.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, yeah, well what kids do.
Speaker 1: Kids definitely have a tendency to I was telling you guys about Adler acting out when he makes mistakes, and yeah, it really bums me out because I totally see that he is an absolute perfectionist.
Speaker 4: Well, did you have any Connecticut friends come.
Speaker 3: Visits that I dropped their faces? I did, No, I did have Connecticut. It's very it's very stranger back here again. And yeah, it's weird to drive around the town. There's there's a lot of very good memories, some very bad memories, and then people that are no longer here. And one of the guys that visited me the most is gone. He you know, was unfortunately passed away in twenty sixteen, and so it was, you know, I drive by his house in his street quite a bit, you know, every every time I'm going somewhere, and it was just this morning, I was like, that's where we would, you know, wait for the bus, the school bus. And but yeah, he used to he came to this name as Jeff, and he used to come to the set.
Speaker 2: He came once or twice, and.
Speaker 3: I remember most just bringing him to Disneyland and he would come to the set and it was just kind of he was played everything very cool. And then we went to They were, you know, growing up back, all my friends were big Fish fans, so they went to every all the Fish shows, and they followed Fish around. And we went and saw Trey Anastasio play the Greek theater Wow out in La and he got the tickets. He's like, I just want to thank you for having me out in La. So I got these great tickets and Fred Savage was there, and Fred ran over to us and said hi, and that was the first time. Later that night, Jeff was like, all right, that was the first time where I was like, your life is a lot different than I thought it was. When Fred Savage is there and we're hanging out at a concert and blah blah blah. So yeah, it was my friends always tried to play it very cool. But I my group friends I met in La you know I met it was Jason, And those are the friends that I had there most more than anything else. But my my funniest story about a friend visiting the set is and he's still a good friend of mine.
Speaker 2: His name is Matt.
Speaker 3: He was a year ahead of me, and he was one of these guys that had a full beard from the time he was like seven years old.
Speaker 2: And so we were shooting the the.
Speaker 3: I forget what Oh it was the Tale of the Long Go Locket, which was a Nickelodeon Are You Afraid of the Dark, which was which was a you know, a big, big, famous show that people loved. And I was up there in Montreal shooting and they said, do you want your friend to be like the featured extra? You know, you'll be sitting in the classroom and he'll be right behind you. And I was like, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: So it came out and somebody actually wrote me a letter It said that tail along Ago Glock it was such an amazing episode. But who was the kid with the full beard that was sitting right behind you. He's supposed to be like in the seventh grade or whatever. I was like, oh, yeah, that's my friend Matt.
Speaker 2: So it was very funny. Yeah, it was having friends on set was so strange to like combined worlds because you hated it. Yeah. Yeah, you're trying to still be the person you were while also being the person you're becoming. It was a very weird coming. It was only I mean, Sean Fox was around all the time to remember me, but he was but he was an actor, you know, he was exactly. It's like when you're an entertainer, when you've done it, when you're comfortable with it, you've been on set, you understand the culture of set. If you haven't, it is a very mostly boring experience because you're mostly just sitting around and kind of like not that you know, except for tape night. Tape night is exciting, but and single camera is incredibly boring. You're just oh, man, you're a bunch of trailers in the middle of nowhere, sitting around like waiting on things. So yeah, it's a weird culture. And then of course everything happens in like a big moment, right, It's like all go go good dude, and then everything goes back to like let's get another breakfast burrito.
Speaker 3: And but again, at least with sitcom, you build up to where it's like, hey, come to show night, like there's a thing run through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, run through that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: There's something you can actually look forward to and see the entire thing being made, as opposed to yeah, you're coming to visit from a weird set and it's yeah.
Speaker 2: I never I never invited anybody into our tape nights, Like I never thought that was a thing. No, I remember. I remember like once I became friends with Adam Dirtz and like that whole crew. I remember being at their house at a party one time when I was like nineteen, and their manager or their agent. It was this woman, god, what was her name. I think her name was Jeanette. She was really cool and we had become friendly or whatever, and she was like we were talking and I was talking about getting tickets to a concert that she could get me to because she also represented like the Bee fifty twos or something, and I was like, and she's like, well, why go. Why don't I ever come to one of your shows? I was like, what, I have a show? It was like it was like, oh, oh, do you want to come to a tape night of this kids show him? It was like so like cold, but of course, like they show that tape like that's like once in a lifetime experience for somebody to be bad. And it just never even occurred to me that like somebody would want to come to it. It's so stupid. Like now I'd be like, but you know what's funny, I still do the same thing. People will be like, well, when's Pod Meets World coming to town. I'm like, well, you don't want to, Oh yeah, it's a show. Yeah, it does it. When we did our show in la I did invited a bunch of people. It was so fun. I'm like, so now I'm just trying to make a conscious eft because I don't think it's a thing, but it is, like it's the show. That's the whole point is entertainment. Yeah, so stupid. Yeah, we never looked at that way yet.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fischl, I'm right or Strong, and I'm Wilfredell Well will Forredell. You've done it again. Tell us what you've done.
Speaker 2: Well for the third time. That's right, three is my lucky number. I have COVID.
Speaker 4: Uh such a.
Speaker 1: Bummer, I mean, Will, I feel bad for you, but I also feel bad for everyone because we are going to have to postpone our most recent run of shows.
Speaker 2: I am so sorry.
Speaker 3: It is so much of a bummer to me, and I feel a lot worse for everybody else than I do for myself.
Speaker 2: This is just the worst. I'm so sorry New Orleans, Atlanta, and Durham. We're going to have to postpone our shows that was on December eighth, ninth, and tenth. We're going to have to push them into next year.
Speaker 4: So please keep your tickets.
Speaker 1: You will use these same tickets when we reschedule the shows for next year. We do not have exact dates yet, but when we do, you will get an email from the venue and like I said, hold onto your tickets. You will use these same tickets to get you in when Will isn't going to infect us all with the COVID.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm so sorry, and yet I still blame both Danielle and Ryder.
Speaker 4: I don't know how, but He's found a way to do it. We love you.
Speaker 1: All shows rescheduled, so today we are recapping season three, episode twenty one, The Happiest Show on Earth.
Speaker 4: It originally aired May tenth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: The synopsis is after being broken up for months, Corey realizes he's still in love with Tapanga, just in time for her to win an essay contest, sending her to Disney World with a honky guy from class. Corey must now travel to Orlando to win her back with the help of Eric and a poorly crafted doll night.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: It was directed by Jeff McCracken.
Speaker 1: It was written by Mark Blutman and Howard Buskang, and it was guest starring Lindsay Ridgeway returning as Morgan Matthews. The debut of Andrew Keegan as Ronnie. Andrew was like my best friend at the time. He was best Does he come back?
Speaker 2: You said, debut? Does he do more than one?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 1: No, he debuts. He was best known for thunder Alley, and then later I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Say thunder Ally, How we kne him? Because thunder Ally taped right next door the first two seasons or first season, and I.
Speaker 1: Actually met him at an audition I met He was one of the first people I ever met in La auditioning. So I had known even before he was on.
Speaker 2: Thunder Hud You fall in love with him the moment you met him.
Speaker 4: So no, my mom did, as per you.
Speaker 2: My mom for me, he was the hottest.
Speaker 4: It was just so.
Speaker 1: Andrew and I met at an audition and right away he was like, hello, I'm Andrew Keaghan. And I was like hello, Andrew Keegan, and my mom was like, Danielle, this Andrew Keagan boy.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, yeah, no, he's my friend. He's my friend.
Speaker 1: And Andrew stuck around friends with me for probably six or seven years, thinking at some point it's gonna turn.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen. Point, just put my time in.
Speaker 1: At some point I will Danielle and I will be together, and it just never happened. But we spent a ton of time together. He was like my best friend. He taught me how to drive a stick shift in his car that he was obsessed with that he like built from scratch, and I stalled out multiple times and he.
Speaker 2: Was like it's like Andrew did He's like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. He's like it's a good thing. I love you so much because he's killing me. But yeah, Andrew and I were.
Speaker 2: You know what Andrew is to me? Andrew was to me he was always like the archetype of like what I should be as far as like a teen really like idol. Yeah, like I always like he was and I mean, you know, I didn't know him that well, but like he surfed. Yeah, he was amazing with fans. He loved like you know, like girls loved him, and he loved being in the center of the spotlight. He was was just like he was. He was like so confident and happy with like that role. And I was always so miserable. So like for me, he was the archetype of like, oh, that's that's who I should be if I'm going to be you know, famous, And in this he was an angel and VICKI kid too, wasn't he exactly? Yeah, but he was like into sports. He could talk about like everything. He was just like he was just great at being like a public person and he like fit the mold. Like he was exactly what girls wanted when they met Andrew. Like if you met if you were in love with Andrew Keekan when you were thirteen.
Speaker 4: To without knowing him, and then.
Speaker 2: And then you met him, he would make all of your dreams come track my car. I'm gonna go with Rideard of.
Speaker 1: Love from Afar and then meet on a celebrity came cruise and he would be like, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: You, but do you know Darry Dove about David Hughes.
Speaker 4: N you know me?
Speaker 1: You know my pizza toppings And I made those up for the magazine.
Speaker 4: They're not even my real pizza toppings.
Speaker 2: Right, And I just felt awful. Andrew was the ultimate pin up kid, wasn't he? Yeah? He was great. Yeah, he fit the role perfectly and loved it. Yes. Yeah. And his brother Casey.
Speaker 4: Was Casey was fantastic too.
Speaker 2: I love Goes.
Speaker 1: And then we had Hillary Tuck returning, this time as Kristen. This is the third of three appearances for Hillary on the show. She played different people every time. She played Samantha, Sarah and now Kristen.
Speaker 2: Just give her the same name. How hard is that? Such a consistently great actor. That's awesome. Yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: And then Stacy Keenan as Dana, best known as Dana from Step by Step.
Speaker 2: She was no idea she was on our show.
Speaker 4: That I know this story for will.
Speaker 2: I was in love with her I was in love with her, but I was in love with her way back before we started our show. Oh no, I was in love with her from you guys.
Speaker 3: My two dads was one of me and it was one of those things where I told Michael this and Michael literally came to me later and was like, I hate to tell you this, but she's gonna be on the show and you're not coming to Floorida.
Speaker 2: Like that's how he told me.
Speaker 1: Listen, you guys can compete over who loves her more. I'll give it to Well because he's older, so he had a better chance with her. But here's the thing. She was completely unneeded in this episode, completely totally, absolutely no idea why they shoehorned her into this in an episode that already has us traveling to Florida with multiple guest stars.
Speaker 2: And already had a trainer, and that when clearly should have been so.
Speaker 1: Then we had Debbie Dunning as Alexandra, another ABC face. She played Heidi on Home Improvement, taking the infamous Pamela Anderson tool time spot on the show. She's the sexiest dolphin trainer I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you don't get around a lot. There's some sexy dolphin.
Speaker 4: Trainer, sexier dolphin trainers.
Speaker 2: Huh, Oh my god. Yeah, she's like she's like a four dolphins ideas.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm kidding. I have no of course, she's the sexiest dolphin trainer ever. I mean really sexy dolphin. But that's a whole different Please, I'm just saying, good looking dolphin, Amber sleek.
Speaker 4: We don't have her name.
Speaker 1: I don't know why she doesn't get guests to our credit Amber exactly. What did you guys think of the episode?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you guys answer it first. If you go first, I'll go last.
Speaker 1: I thought it should have been a two parter. First of all, I can't believe we jammed that whole thing into one twenty two minute episode and it felt a little rushed.
Speaker 4: It did reach a little rushed, It felt a little rushed. All of the same things we've felt before still apply.
Speaker 1: I can't believe in one episode they managed to. It really does speak to It's very obvious now that the idea of the show airing week after week you were supposed to believe a lot have a lot of time had passed in between each one of those weeks, Like.
Speaker 4: Boy, Meets World.
Speaker 1: Time was not a week, like the episodes were not last week when you saw these kids, It was sometimes months because the last time.
Speaker 3: That we for years or tens of years to where Corey is now a ladies man with all these pickup lines, who's dating all the women?
Speaker 1: And that's exactly that's my point, is that the last time we saw Corey, he wasn't wanting to go out with people.
Speaker 4: The last time Forrey in Topango was a topic of discussion.
Speaker 1: He wasn't wanting to kiss anyone else, and then he tried and then it wasn't good.
Speaker 4: And now he's man with moves and lines.
Speaker 2: And a reputation of having all these women.
Speaker 1: It was like way hunh, right, So they wanted to get that out there. They had to shoehorn that in and then you know, they had There was no setup for the fact of court to Panga and Ronnie, it was just like just because they were in the same place, like that had no real time to be developed.
Speaker 3: The scenes also seemed really short and staccato and jumbled.
Speaker 2: It was a weird week. It's about forty scenes. Yeah, that's the thing. It's just all it's basically a montage episode, and the.
Speaker 1: Second part of this could have been a great season finale. I don't even know what our season finale is. But had this been a two.
Speaker 2: Parter, something called Brother Brother or something, I was like, what it was about.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is the one where Eric leaves. That's the one where Eric leaves. I think Brother Brother I believe.
Speaker 2: So that's so the problem is that they were setting up for you to have a spin off show, right, No, no, no, no, I don't think we were there yet. Just Eric.
Speaker 3: This is about Eric getting and not getting into college and then leaving. I think was the end, but it was. It wasn't leaving the show yet. Oh, okay, it was. I think that's later. But no, I think it was very Yeah, I I didn't. I'm getting over saying things like I hated this episode, right because I'm talking to the writers more. Who's like, you don't you don't realize what we've had to do to get to And I get it.
Speaker 2: But this was a weird episode for me. I'll be honest.
Speaker 3: It was just bizarre, and maybe a lot of it is the jarring fact that we don't know any of the sets and you're outside and it's obviously weird set up after weird setup, and kind of you you have to forget that the extras walking behind are people at the park that are staring at the camera while you're doing I mean, it takes you.
Speaker 2: Out of it. So I just found I thought the b story was bizarre, just the whole thing. It was just very It was a strange episode.
Speaker 1: I think they did the best they possibly could with having only twenty two minutes, But had this been a two parter, I think could have been much more enjoyable.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: It just felt too rushed. I just felt like we had to we had to accept a lot of things. We had to race through a lot of stuff because there were places we were supposed to get to, And I wish it would have been a two parter?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Writer?
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, yeah. I mean I think we'll talk about it as we get into it. But we were overwhelmed as a production I can tell tech we are not prepared to be on location and to deal with what you know, doing single camera show taping is so much harder than or just different. Let's say, let's see, like and our production team was not ready for this. I can tell, and we can get into details about that, uh, and and that unfortunately just meant uh we we were rushing through story to accommodate all the locations and all the different setups. But I also do think that there's some really poor choices made, like like what what are the scenes that aren't rushed scenes with the dolphin, right, why why are we having like dolphins scene doesn't make multiple seas in that set, which is a horrific set to the audio is awful, Like why are we why are we giving all this stuff to like a Stacy Keenan coming in for you know, and like those are choices that we could have, you know, Like I thought the like Corey Sean stuff in ends up being the only stuff that takes advantage of Disney, like the space, the Splash Mountain and yeah, like that's like, oh this takes and then us running around and like talking to characters otherwise, why are we at Disney World, Like what does this have to do with Disney? Word at Epcot mostly and I don't understand what dolphins have Like it just didn't there were choices made to not take advantage of like the whole Disney thing. But I wonder I'm so curious. You know, our listeners can give us feedback, like if you know, just if this episode is iconic in everybody's memory because everyone loves Disney, you know, like and just the idea of like our characters being at Disney World. But even if you even if you just take that concept, I don't think we did that very well. Like I don't think we embrace the disneyness of it all. Like even when we find out we're going to Disney World, none of us are like happy. No one's like I can't wait to do this at Disney World, and they're like not nothing. It's just kind of like we're going to a place. And then there's a dolphin there, And I really don't understand why there's dolphins, Like what.
Speaker 4: Their version of Sea World. It's like the.
Speaker 3: Scene it must be at Epcot, yeah, and it must have been that to be put in.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but they promote it, Like why did you choose that of all the things that, Like we never see the.
Speaker 1: Castle an establishing shot as an establishing shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you guys are kissing in front of a fountain like it's to be was there promoted? Like we have to promote Epcot or we could only shoot an Epcot or something, because the only Disney thing is like those characters that Ben and I run into that and especially Mountain wasn't at Epcot.
Speaker 4: No, that's a Disney world that is part of Magical Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know there a bit. Yeah, I just feel like there were a lot of weird things, probably production demands that had nothing to do with the story, that sort of forced the story into these like weird awkward scenes and and and and it's just a bumber. And then of course the engine is Corey to panga ness and Corey's obsessiveness, which we've kind of had issues with before. So I don't love all that, even even if I'm willing to like accept all the like craziness of shoehorning the story into these locations, the actual engine, I also am kind of like that. But that's the thing. I mean.
Speaker 3: There are certain certainly stories that, especially back in the day A B C, T, T, G, I F. Stuff like that, that were clearly commercials for Disney. This didn't even seem like that just felt like a little bit of a commercial for Epcot a little bit, but not even like a good not even a good commercial for it because we never talk about like, hey, you can go from place to place and see all the difference cut like we never promote Disney, and like it's.
Speaker 1: We do sleeping overnight in the park in the rise and.
Speaker 2: Not telling your parents you're gone for two or three.
Speaker 1: Days, telling your parents are gone, and ditching your tour guide and hanging out with the animals when you want.
Speaker 3: So that's yes, it was a strange episode.
Speaker 1: Let's jump into our recap. We start in Chubby's Corey is dancing awkwardly. In the minute I saw it, I thought, oh, poor Ben, with those dancing scenes where there's no music playing but you have to pretend there is. Cory is dancing awkwardly with a mystery girl. When he says, you know, Kristin, I don't mind paying Chubby that three dollars cover charge if it means I can do this. He then swings his arms and does a nineteen fifties twist, which was definitely definitely cool in the nineties and not more in line with the age of our riders.
Speaker 2: No, perfectly, that's the big dance crazy quiz.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows that the twist was big in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Kristin laughs and says she so flattered Corey found the time to go out with her, because since he's been single, he's gone out with a different girl every night.
Speaker 4: Corey responds, well, who is this, Corey.
Speaker 2: I don't get it's also I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: She is a phenomenal actress, but the entire scene starts with her staring right at the camera, really really right at that her first shot, it was like she was looking for the light to come on. So she's just staring right at the camera when she says her and then looks at Ben.
Speaker 1: That's funny, yeah, and Corey responds, well, I had to get them out of the way to make time for a fetching goal, like you again.
Speaker 4: Fetching goal or very cool in the nineties. Obviously not just in the movie Grease exactly.
Speaker 2: Think episode every other episode where a girl has come on to Cory or said something about how great he is, what is his response. He's a neuro season awkwardness and doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: That's so for him to be like a Sean all of a sudden, now he's like, he's get the perfect ladies man, He's got this reputation, and.
Speaker 2: Which I guess is totally fine. I mean the point of the episode. I mean, if I just want a little bit of a reference to it, like a little bit of like, Corey, you've grown, You've changed, like I'm finally upped your game, you know, or somehow. But it's not.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like this is our version of Erkele becoming Urkel. Yes, yes, it was just Corky Dorky becoming Cory who.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we've kind of established that there are times to jump ahead in the story. The characters will just become whoever they need to become to drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, so, she says, how do I know that's not just another line from the new Corey Matthews.
Speaker 4: At least she references the new Corey.
Speaker 2: Matthews that nice, But she references it if it's since you've been singing, which is this entire season, which is not the case. Like the entire season, Corey's been pining for Topanga and miserable and awkward with other girls.
Speaker 1: Corey laughs, I have no lines because your pretty blue eyes leave me speechless. Corey asks what else the school is saying about him? As he twirls a French fry in between his fingers. Corey tells him they say, just before you kiss a girl, you pass a fry from knuckle to knuckle. Corey's intrigued, and we get yet another huh, this is our third?
Speaker 2: Doesn't did this gross anybody else? Like? How greasy your fingers will get from cress a fry?
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I wish it's all over your I also have a weird ear thing. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: It's very bizarre with anything sexual and the word knuckle. I just don't know why you don't like it?
Speaker 2: Call me crazy. It's knuckle. You don't want to see hot ladies hot knuckles? Yeah, no, it's it's just like, hey, baby, how about the knuckle? Yeah exactly, Thank you. You don't want to touch my knuckle?
Speaker 1: Please please stop my mouth your mouth, flat mouth, flash your knuckle. Kristen says that was nice, and he responds, sure was to Panga. Kristen shocked, you just called me to Panga. Corey's eyes shoot open.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Shawn and Corey are in Turner's classroom. Sean yells, you called her to Panga. You're really bad at names. Do what I do. Write them on the palm of your hand. He glances at his hand and had Cory.
Speaker 2: Corey show yeah, laughed. I was like, Wow, that's the rat Joe Clever Raho.
Speaker 1: Not ape plus. Nothing about that joke. There's not one bad thing, perfect.
Speaker 2: Joke, perfect giving advice to Corey. Everything, It's Sean all wrapped in. I love it. Great joke.
Speaker 1: So Corey says, the real problem is no matter how many girls he goes out with, he still ends up thinking about Tapega. Corey admits, I made a mistake. I thought we could be friends like you and I are. But when I see Tapanga, I want to hug her, hold her, kiss her, and why see you? I have no interest in any of those things. Sean asks how he thinks she feels about Corey, and he decides to ask her to Panga walks in wearing a skirt and boots like she's into Garth Brooks, and Corey says, we're.
Speaker 2: Wearing boots and skirts this entire episode.
Speaker 1: I had a bit of a change of change of look here until we get to the cute little red and white stripe thing. I don't like any of them. I think they all are bad. Yeah, I did not enjoy them.
Speaker 3: But the we know is officially dead, the one we knew from season one, it's now officially officially gone.
Speaker 2: Care I'm so at them all. Yeah, you're there now, you're there now.
Speaker 1: I'm also growing out my bangs, which is why they're not down. They're like up because I'm starting to grow them out, so they're too long to wear curled over, but they're not long enough to brush back with the rest of my hair.
Speaker 2: So I was thinking the same thing. No, you're you're the only one that belongs in this episode. Though it feels like like you're the only actor who feels comfortable like you, right, I mean I don't disagree you fit in. Like even when you're at Disney World, you kind of like look like you belong there, you know, and you're like you're you're objective and like dealing with Corey makes sense to me, Like I don't know, like every time you were on the screen, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, yeah, yeah she should live, Yeah, there.
Speaker 2: Will, And I I mean, Ben and I look like we've been green screened into Disney World. Like it's just like we don't belong there, which is kind of the point, right, like but and then of course, like poor poor Andrew Keegan, nothing to do, nothing to do at all? This this is great for a very funny character Lips Lips and like, what does he say? What is his line? Like how funny would that be? And you know Andrew could have pulled it off, but they gave him nothing. They literally he's like a model. He just poses and it's such a waste. It could have been like just a two page scene of like what is Lips in Topanga's conversation? Like that's funny? What if Toapanga's so over him and he's still trying to make like that would.
Speaker 4: Have been great had we seen any of that set up. I would have loved that.
Speaker 1: I would have loved for there to have been a scene where Tapanga was like at first like oh maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: And he's dumb as oh my god, total time machine thing. But the opening scene should have been Lips with a date at Chubby's, Corey with a date at Chubbies at a different thing, and Corey's trying to imitate what Lips is doing and it's awful the entire way around. And you set up him, you set up that he's still awkward, and then they're now they're on the trip together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he's right, and the guy he's trying to learn from is now making the move something.
Speaker 3: Exactly, so it's like he knows moving the fries back and forth perfectly.
Speaker 2: Corey's like, oh, like burning himself. I mean, like you could have done all this great stuff. Do you just have him actually like lips his coaching Cory like he's literally like, and then he's the guy that's gonna be with Tapangas. And that's why Corey.
Speaker 1: Clips is saying knuckle knuckle, knuckle, knuckle knuckle.
Speaker 2: And she's into it.
Speaker 3: She's like lip flap, liplap, flip flaps all the way around.
Speaker 2: Okay, flap your mouth into the shape of knuckle. Never a more unpleasant sentence has been spoken.
Speaker 1: So Cory says, hey to Topanga, and she responds, Hi, Corey. Corey turns to Sean and confidently tells him she wants back, which I thought was very cute, funny funny. Mister Turner enters reminding everyone about the essays they wrote for the Environmental Awards at the beginning of the year. Sean proudly jumps up, telling Turner he finished his last night submit this baby. Turner throws it over his shoulder and says it's time to announce the essay winners.
Speaker 2: That was a good bit, you know, Sharper Button. I feel like Turner could have had a rejoinder, like something a little more than just throwing it away like kind of killed it.
Speaker 1: But I know if he would have had a line to go with the toss over the shoulder, it would have been really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh so the winners will be going to Disney World in Orlando. The first winner is Kristin Hoffman. She's the girl from the French fry kissing scene in the Corey tells Sean that's good for her. A week in Florida, a little son, a little color, a little ocean air could help her get over me.
Speaker 4: And Roddy Ronnie Waterman.
Speaker 1: Is the second winner, and it's the dreamy Andrew Keegan. He's revealed for the first time ever in class and Sean confirms, well, she'll get over you quickly enough. With Lips Waterman on the same trip. Cory says, it's Kristin and Lips in Orlando. He's free to spend the next week romancing to Panga Sometimes everything in my life just seems to go my way. And then on cue, Turner announces the last winner is to Penga Lawrence. Tapanga is thrilled and her and lips lock eyes, smiling at each other.
Speaker 4: Corey turns to Sean.
Speaker 1: I hate my stinking life, the return of stinking thinking.
Speaker 3: How it's a shock that to Panga, the best student in class who was a hippie, won the Environmental Award for the writing things.
Speaker 2: Like, everyone's like, what to Panga one, how is that possible?
Speaker 4: At least shocked? I don't know that anyone else is necessary.
Speaker 2: That's true. And then and you know how when you're studying the environment you always go to Disney. That's a whole other thing. Yeah, environment is so writer, could you on just that you don't go to a national park, you don't go where somewhere you're in the wild, you don't go even to the Florida Everglades, Like there's a million places to go to study the environment, not I don't know if the Disney World is known for its environmental policy, would you give us the.
Speaker 4: Same type of corporate synergy?
Speaker 2: Writer?
Speaker 3: The consumer that's great mass dolphins making an essay about anything else why why.
Speaker 1: You want to know what's funny is that you would think that, like having your best friend Andrew Keegan for me on set with you this week would be so much fun.
Speaker 4: And it was actually not as fun as I would have wanted it to be.
Speaker 2: Wait at Florida or or or when we were shooting.
Speaker 1: She was kind of fun in Florida because everything in Florida was fun for me.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great, and we got to do a bunch of fun things and it was all really nice. But there was a weird feeling of like feelings like split between your two worlds, Like nobody else knew Andrew as well as I knew Andrew. So Andrew felt like my friend, which meant I felt like I had to be with Andrew and entertain Andrew and make sure Andrew felt like he was a part of everything.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is life imitating art. That's pretty that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then because then I felt like, well, but I when I'm on set, like I want to be with you know, antisocial writer and and and Ben.
Speaker 4: And so there was a little bit of like awkwardness.
Speaker 1: And then I also felt like responsible somehow for the show. And so I do remember Andrew being bummed that he didn't have a lot to do and like wanting kind of want.
Speaker 2: He stop eating, like the dolphin like amber.
Speaker 4: He may have stopped eating, That's what it was.
Speaker 3: And we're like trying to throw him like food. Now he's just like he doesn't eat.
Speaker 2: He doesn't eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, And I remember feeling damp for him and like feeling guilty like somehow maybe I should do something about it.
Speaker 2: It was just it.
Speaker 1: Felt like I just really couldn't wait for these two worlds to go back to being separate.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember you running into the rain with me. Oh, yeah, which you don't remember, do you remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I have vague memories of running in the rain, and I think, didn't I write about it into my diary?
Speaker 2: You did? Was running thro the sprinkl okay, Oh, I was honest. I just remember we were sitting in a pass van like waiting to for some reason, waiting for the raining. Yeah yeah, And it was like, you know, Florida pouring rain, and I remember just being like Danielle, just go and you were like yeah, and the two of us I got soaked and we were like spinning in the rain in Florida, and I was like, yeah, living.
Speaker 3: Now I have a question, a logistical question. Can either of you remember did you shoot the Florida stuff before the stage show or after the stage It was after?
Speaker 4: I think it was after.
Speaker 2: We shot the stage stuff before and then I remember about this episode which Danielle doesn't is I convinced her to not get a tan because she was going to go to a tanning salon.
Speaker 4: Wonder before we went to Florida episode.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you look pale with you in your bed on. I was saving your skin. In retrospect, I was ahead of my time. Did we have an audience?
Speaker 4: Then it would have been like actually going you were.
Speaker 2: Going to go to the tanning bed? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did we Did we actually shoot the stuff on stage in front of an audience?
Speaker 2: This right? No? This was all we do without the audience. Okay. I remember doing those awkward like run throughs where we'd have to do the scenes that were gonna being Florida on the stage. Yea, So we did like three days of rehearsal and because they would rewrite it and lock the script in before we got on location, which is okay, kind of ridiculous. But you know, and again that's why that leads to why I think this. You know, did Michaels in Florida with you? He must have, Honestly, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I don't remember him at all.
Speaker 2: All I remember is being stressed out and spread out throughout the park.
Speaker 1: You remember how nice the hotel rooms were they gave us?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wasn't there. You were there for the twenty fifth anniversary though, which, Oh yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: The Boardwalk Hotel, isn't that what I was?
Speaker 2: The fifth was one of those. Yeah, yeah, I thought we stayed at the like the one with the fish on the top that it's gone now, it's like the Grand Floridian or no, I thought something time too.
Speaker 1: And we had such a nice, cool, sweet I think there was a staircase in it even yeah, because my whole family was there.
Speaker 2: And then didn't we have a whole hotel room just for school? We had like a sweet, nice school.
Speaker 1: David comes and we got to ride. Can we talk about all the rides we got to do? I mean, how many times did you have to ride Space Splash Mountain?
Speaker 2: Uh? Seven? I believe? But then Ben and I were obsessed with the Hollywood Tower of Terror. So we made them. I was obsessed.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we just opened, right.
Speaker 2: Have those photos still? Yes?
Speaker 3: I have all the ones from like the twenty fifth when we all just kept riding them over and over, and I have a whole bunch of those need And we pretended to be asleep because we have we pretended to.
Speaker 4: Do a bunch of different things.
Speaker 1: But when Tower of Terror had just open, I don't even know if it was open to the public yet.
Speaker 4: It was right, it had just opened.
Speaker 3: It must have been, yeah, but they were, Yeah, when we were there for the party for the opening.
Speaker 2: That's what the first time we went was.
Speaker 3: They invited us to the party of the for the opening of the of the Tower Terror. Yeah, and then the first time we all saw Lindsay wend They're confusing, You're confusing because when they opened the Tower of Terror in disney Land, we went to the Are you sure? I think I think I went to the one in Florida too. I think I went to the one in Florida pretty sure, because that's where.
Speaker 2: I saw Florida. It was already it had been there a while, and we were going like to I just remember Ben somehow had already been there and knew everything all the rides, and he was like, we have to do Alien Encounter, which is a great ride that used to exist some and then Hollywood Tower of Terror, and they were so much.
Speaker 1: We wrote it like thirteen times in a row, over and over and oh my gosh, it was so much, so much fun.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the video because that's where Lindsay Ridgeway is the little girl in the video when you're watching the family like and it's the creepy whatever. It's well, you got off on the previous floor, right, remember first you get off in the elevator moves through. Yep. But I think that's only it was a disney Land. I don't think it moved through in Disney World anyway. Okay, I could. Yeah, But there was one night when I was there with just my friends without you guys.
Speaker 4: They brought me back to Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I was eighteen, and we they brought us to do the Hollywood Tower of Terror after midnight when they were adjusting the ride. So they let us ride it late at night because they were adding like an extra drop, a little no, And so we.
Speaker 4: Got there because I remember writing it at night.
Speaker 2: Okay, then maybe that trip, but I thought that was with my two friends. Okay, so maybe that was this trip they brought us all in.
Speaker 1: And yeah, either that or I was also on that trip where the friends were there, because I seem to remember my friend Jessica being with me. So no, I think, because I know for a fact I wrote it at night.
Speaker 2: I remember sometimes writer that you.
Speaker 3: It was times they shut down the cameras so they couldn't see anything, and you and I and Ben would go on and the guy would strip put down the strap so we literally wouldn't have any and you'd lie across the seat this way, so when it dropped, you'd.
Speaker 2: Be in the middle of the thing like this world. Why No, I'm pretty sure everybody who worked at the park in nineteen ninety four isn't there anymore.
Speaker 4: Producer Jensen, I don't know, was saying, we can air it. It's so old.
Speaker 2: But I don't know Disney again, we consue Disney right now, we're in danger and seriously doubt it. It was awesome, It was so cool.
Speaker 4: It was we would just be daring anybody in trouble world for giving.
Speaker 2: Us the best sitting in his desk right now looking over somebody called my lawyer meeting. Yeah, crazy, it was so much fun. I have a bunch of those photos.
Speaker 4: Well, we need to post them on the world.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have a bunch. I have a bunch. All right, back to this great episode.
Speaker 1: We come out of a commercial in the most jarring way possible. Oh man, it is the most abrupt transition. I don't care that it's a dream. It is shocking. All of a sudden, Topanga and Ronnie are writing Dumbo together. Tapega's worried about her hair getting stuck in the rotor, and Ronnie assures her her hair is safe. He puts his arm around her, and we get a terrifying POV shot of Ronnie saying, your lips are in danger. As he puckers up, we realize Corey is having a nightmare, screaming no lips, no lips. Eric wakes up and asks if Corey is having that nightmare again where he's kidnapped by figure skaters and four to do compulsories against his will, and Corey admits no figure skating dreams.
Speaker 2: Why at first I thought there was going to be a callback to like hegan, Like, I thought you were going to say, where you're like, I do, like you always have these figure skating dreams, which would have made more sense, right, I mean that's what's too. It's like, why think, why pick that joke another figure skating dream? And don't we have the recurring joke of no clown, no clown.
Speaker 4: No him his recurring dream, so he has a lot of that.
Speaker 2: I was going to come back, but it would be better to just do a no clown no joke. I agree, you know, it was very weird. I wrote the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, I actually love that he only has a dream every four years, so it ties into the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I love that, funny, Joe, So.
Speaker 1: Why not you pick something else in the Olympics rather than figure skating, considering figure skating actually ties.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: I also love how in every single television show, no matter what time it is or where you are, everyone only sleeps on their back.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and when you set up and you talk to him, you talk to him, he's over here, and you're just like that.
Speaker 2: But dead ahead. How everybody's in movies they always have the sheets right up to you exactly with full makeup, and you're just on your back. Yep, so great.
Speaker 1: So Cory who is wearing a hockey jersey to sleep, which seems very strange, very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I was watching my family and everybody was like, what is he wearing?
Speaker 4: Why would.
Speaker 2: Pajamas?
Speaker 4: Things are very uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like a weighted blanket for Corey. You know, it's like it's like a thunder blanket, thundervest, thundervest.
Speaker 1: So Cory, who's wearing said hockey jersey to bed, tells Eric he's in a bad way and he needs his advice. Eric interrupts, you love Tapanga and you want her back. Corey grins, that's brilliant.
Speaker 4: How did you know?
Speaker 1: Eric turns on the light to reveal a giant poster of Topanga hanging above Corey's bed. I love that photo. That's my photo came from I think it is. It's one of the I've seen this photo of Box. I signed it every convention.
Speaker 2: It's a great photo, and I want so it was taken for this purpose.
Speaker 1: It was taken for this purpose right around Yeah, and I had I had not ever remembered that it was part of the show.
Speaker 4: I just always thought, oh, that's like a promo photo.
Speaker 3: We donk picture, Yeah, my favorites, and then he answers with the Corey thing that also became a Corey thing.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Corey admits he had a gnawing in the pit of his stomach ever since he broke up with the Pega and it won't go away.
Speaker 4: Wait, what does he say? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Isn't this the one where he goes, oh, he's got the he does this, oh, which.
Speaker 2: He's also used a bunch of ways down the line. It was like his huh but he goes, oh, it's just a.
Speaker 3: Very might be a more bend thing than Corey thing. He always did it all the time.
Speaker 2: No, I just remember the huh yeah, larous funny.
Speaker 1: So Corey admits he's had a gnawing in the pit of his stomach ever since he broke up with the Pega, and it won't go away. Eric siyes, you poor little your poor little body goes through so much.
Speaker 4: He tells Corey to a great one.
Speaker 2: I know, I love that Eric is sympathetic and it's like you're crazy, You're crazy. But again, this is a this is anti the Cory the First Sea. He was so cool and calm, and dancing. Here's like the Corey we love. We should have just started here.
Speaker 1: Yes, So he tells Corey to confess his feelings to Tapanga. Corey can't tell her because she'll be in Disney World, but Eric tells him to go to Florida immediately and win back his woman.
Speaker 4: Corey.
Speaker 2: Shock, okay again, life imitating art? Will, this is the advice you gave me, an amster exactly, that's like verbat him. I'm sitting there and that was like the next year, like a year from now, and like probably neither of us realized we were re enacting a scene from our TV show. And Will literally like, Will stop complaining, go go get her back? Man, Like that's what you said to me. And I was like, you're right, and you're totally like I think I told that story on this podcast, right, so we did know that. But yeah, like how cool is I was sitting and I was like, I've seen that face saying those exact same words in my personal life.
Speaker 4: So cool, so funny.
Speaker 2: Well at least it worked fifty of the time. I wonder if we just got really you were just really high and actually quoting the episode they were the TV show you were just saying the lines, just talking Corey, old time you go let her back, Corey. It's just easier.
Speaker 4: So Cory is shocked. He says, that's insane. What about sunscreen?
Speaker 1: Eric announces I have spoken, and he plops back down into bed.
Speaker 4: And then we're in the school hallway.
Speaker 1: Corey, carrying a Duffel bag, runs up to Eric at the locker and proudly tells him, I'm taking your advice. I'm going to Florida to get back the woman I love, Corey asked.
Speaker 2: And these two scenes are where I started to realize our production was overwhelmed, because did you guys notice the shadows, Like it's like really really poor lighting, Like they're in that previous scene like Corey's you got a huge shadow over your face, and then in this hallway scene there's multiple shadows. It just doesn't look well lit, like it's not finished. And I'm sure it's because we were rushed. Our production was overwhelmed, so we didn't have the time or the care to do what we normally did.
Speaker 3: And it's why were they we rushed on stage? I could see them being rushed in Florida, but why would they be rushed on stage, we might have had a like a DP coming in because our regular DP was going to scout ahead of time. I have no idea, but you know, like I don't know, but and I just know.
Speaker 2: I just noticed. I was like, oh, things are not looking up to par, even on our regular stage stuff. Huh, things were not looking up to par. And then we get to get to Florida, and to me, it was just like, oh God, technical mistakes left that things you guys see because because your director is that I didn't even don't really notice the shadows or anything.
Speaker 1: I noticed the shadows in the bedroom, but it didn't bother me because it's supposed to be nighttime while sleeping anyway, So I was like.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's dark and shadowy. That's fine.
Speaker 2: There is one interesting accomplishment that the camera was put into the set to get Will's coverage for your first coverage was you looking at the state And we never did that. So that's the farthest we've ever gone into the set to be able to shoot you in bed talking to Corey, which I thought was cool. I was like, oh, wow, there's a new angle. But yeah, other than that, like everything's kind of a disess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Corey asks if Eric can cover for him.
Speaker 4: Eric's already ahead of him.
Speaker 1: He pulls out a life size doll of Corey wearing the exact same outfit Corey's wearing now. Eric asks it, it's like looking into a mirror, right, Corey tells him, you'd have to be the biggest idiot on the planet to actually think that's me. Then right on cue, Sean runs up, saying hi to both of them, then screams when he sees the real Corey. Corey acknowledges to Eric, you really went to a lot of trouble for me, and there I feel like there's a little bit of a uh it's the joke about whether or not the doll is good or not doesn't feel consistent throughout the episode.
Speaker 2: It feels like right now, it's like they're trying to have it both ways. Like sometimes the joke is that the doll is so bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but other times Foene's convinced him.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say.
Speaker 3: He's also in a classroom and Eric's holding him up while he's going through class and answering for him.
Speaker 4: He also had a great speech. He like gave a speech.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's isn't that the joke, The joke, the doll is so bad. But for some reason in the world of boring meets world it's working. Sure.
Speaker 1: Sure, but like for Corey and Eric, Corey says, in this thing like you'd have to be an idiot. But then he also acknowledges you really went to a lot of trouble for me, which then makes me feel like he thinks it's good. But maybe it's just that even if it's bad. Okay, So Corey acknowledges you really went to a lot of trouble for me, and Eric says, I figure, you're my only brother. It's not going to kill me to show a little affection. Corey says his next step is to spend all the money he has on a plane ticket. Then Sean surprises him with two Blaine tickets he got from his uncle Nikkiy. Corey asks, your uncle who's in the gaming industry. Sean says yes and warns Corey they may have to break someone's knees while they're there. I love that idea, like we just have to do a little errand for uncle, it's it, that's all we imagine.
Speaker 4: What a trade off? Huh? So Cory asks, you're coming too.
Speaker 1: Shaun says, of course, After all the times Corey's been there for him, he at least owes him one Nearby, Corey sees Topanga and Ronnie, and Ronnie is carrying her suitcase. I strongly disliked this outfit at the time. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I hated the thick white belt. The like white pleather belt is just I don't remember liking this outfit. I remember being very self conscious in it. I just the minute I saw it, I was like, oh gosh, that outfit I couldn't stand. So Corey wonders, maybe if I tell Tapanga how I feel before she leaves, we won't have to do this whole thing. So he approaches to Panga and gets right into it. We've been apart for three months now, and I don't know about you, but I've still got all these feelings for you, Tapanga responds, and I have feelings for you too, Corey.
Speaker 4: That's why we're always going to be friends, right.
Speaker 1: Cory asks she's thought about getting back together, and to Penga says, yeah, she's thought about it, but it's hard to trust him when this new Corey Matthews is running around and dating all these other girls. Corey explains, I out with all those other girls because I hated being alone. But even with them, I was still alone because I wasn't with you. Tapega smiles, telling Corey that was really sweet. Also, Corey may be codependent, and he's just fully.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah you think so.
Speaker 1: Just as Topanga may be considering the proposition. Turner wheels a huge trunk out of his classroom and yells to Topanga, asking if it's hers. She responds, yeah, it's my carry on of hair products. She leaves, telling.
Speaker 2: Corey be Free by Daniel Fisher to be.
Speaker 4: With B three by Daniel Official hair products.
Speaker 3: I actually have to say, because Daniel be Free by Daniel Official products are so good.
Speaker 2: You don't need to travel with that many.
Speaker 3: Just a few selection items and you'll be able to have your hair exactly the way you want it.
Speaker 2: Wow. Free.
Speaker 1: You can really tell in this episode later that I did not have be Free by Daniel Fisher because even my hair looks terrible in Florida humidity. But with my beef officials, No, not with my products, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: With your dry shampoo Detangler, what would have used.
Speaker 1: Well, I also have now the bee bouncy hair curl bomb.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, what that does for Friz Let me tell you anyway, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: We're starting super Expensive by Wilfredell.
Speaker 4: I love great. That's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 2: It's going to be really good. I love it be chained and oppressed by.
Speaker 1: And then Kristen walks up to Corey. I thought about the other night. I was silly to run away. She explains, were you when he called you another woman's name? I don't know that you were silly. Corey ensures her running away was good. You should have run further. Kristen says, he's such a gentleman. That's why when I get back from Florida, I want to make things work between us. She then kisses him and to Panga sees it all standing right behind them.
Speaker 4: It's too bad.
Speaker 1: This is only one of four times or so we'll get to see this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: To Pega, box amuse, I was so alone because I wasn't with you.
Speaker 1: Corey trays, laughing about the situation, telling Tapanga she's not the humor here. He tries encouraging her laugh laugh with me. To Pega is unamused. You know what, I see you in a robe, wearing slippers, smoking a pipe, Corey Matthews, you're a playboy.
Speaker 4: She storms off, and Sean appears to.
Speaker 2: Ask storms off to go to Ronnie the lips waterman, right as if he's not a playboy.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, that's a weird reference to to give Hugh Hefner reference. I mean, but but I don't like.
Speaker 2: Now we know she's not interested in playboys, so Ronnie's not a threat.
Speaker 4: Ronnie should not be a threat.
Speaker 2: Corey, chill out. That's why she's not gonna like holk up with some dude who's a playboy boy.
Speaker 4: It's been a two parter.
Speaker 1: Maybe Corey, maybe Topega could have seen Ronnie do something pertaining to the to the Dolphin that made her see a side of him and made her think, wow, look at this guy interested in the environment, because supposedly he is. He wrote a great he wrote a great essay about it. So if Topega would have had time to find another aspect of who.
Speaker 2: He was, or if Ronnie, yeah made the moves onto Panga got just just like rebuffed and then does something nice and sweet that actually is authentic, and it's like oh, this is a real chance, there's a story.
Speaker 3: This doesn't also show how little Corey knows to Panga if he even thinks somebody like Lips Waterman is a threat totally. I mean, if you know Topanga well enough, that's not all about it's not about to Pega.
Speaker 2: It's about getting the girl. That's the thing, Like all of Corey's goal is like and because he didn't, it's it's all about it being under threat from another guy or another or her going away, and you know, Corey doesn't really it doesn't matter, like the Penga is a prize, a prize. That's kind of the problem with this whole. I mean again, you just have to I mean, we will just keep saying it. You just have to accept that that's the tenet of boy Me's world, right, is that that they were, that they are meant to be together, and that Corey's like job in life is to try and sure that destiny. Yeah, and that like he struggles against the world to ensure his destiny to be with Tepanga. Like, and that's just a weird that's a that's a that's the logic of what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you know it is the Disney World episode of Boy Meets World, which means we have too many memories to jam into one episode, so we will be making this a two parter. Join us next time for the second part of Happiest Show on Earth.
Speaker 4: Pod Meets World.
Speaker 1: Is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and writer Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Pod Meets World Show or email us at Pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com.