Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day. Donkeys of the day a chuma may.
Speaker 2: I'm a Democrat, so being donkey of the day is a little bit of a mixed ye.
Speaker 1: So like a donkey Donkey.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 1: The Brectae club bit you.
Speaker 4: Now, I've been called a lot of my twenty three years.
Speaker 1: That donkey of the day is a new wife.
Speaker 5: Yes, Donkey today for Thursday, December seventh goes to Damien Green, who is Damian Green. He is a man who is running for city council in Thurston County, Washington, and he is a prime example of why voting matters, especially on a local level. I know, y'all hear all the sayings about voting. If your vote didn't matter, why would they be trying so hard to take it from you. If we don't vote, we are ignoring history and giving away the future. Voting is the expression of our commitment to ourselves, one another, of this country, in this world. Barack Obama said there is no such thing as a vote that doesn't matter, and I agree with Barack, and this story is a great example of that. Okay, voter suppression and the way they are gutting to vote and right, Zach, lets me know how much voting matters, especially at the local level, and that is what This was a local election in Thurston County, Washington that Damian Green lost.
Speaker 1: By one vote.
Speaker 5: Damn, he was beaten by his opponent two forty seven to two forty six. One vote cost Damien the election one vote. But it's not that he lost by one vote. It's the fact of who didn't vote that cost him the election. What do you mean, Uncle Charle, is the fact of who didn't vote that cost him the election? Well, let's go to King five News for the report police.
Speaker 6: The council race in Thurston County decided by just one vote. Ryan Roth won the Rainier City Council position number two race with two hundred and forty seven votes, one more than his opponent's two hundred and forty six. Thurston County burea chief for Mickelson, was there as the candidates learned how every single vote counts.
Speaker 3: When the five hundred and fifty five ballots were submitted, tabulation machines called the race as closed as possible. Watching the results has been stressful, especially since candidate Roth almost did not vote in his own election.
Speaker 1: I was like this one vote, you know, it's whatevers gonna happen, is gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I'm not like super worried about it, but my wife was pushing it.
Speaker 3: Opponent Damian Green had to work at premier collision. Well, the recount was going on.
Speaker 1: If the Lord wants me to have it, I'll have it.
Speaker 3: That was his philosophy during the campaign too. He worked to convince voters but did not vote in his own race.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel comfortable voting for myself. I thought it was kind of narcissistic, so I didn't.
Speaker 3: These one vote would have made a.
Speaker 5: Different Damian Green lost the vote, I mean lost the election by one vote because he didn't vote himself. Lost the election because he didn't vote himself. He said he didn't feel comfortable. He thought it was kind of narcisstic. Let me tell you something, man, if you don't celebrate yourself, nobody will. Okay, this is the prime example that it. Don't wait for others to applaud you. Clap for yourself. You are worthy of celebration. Clap for yourself loudly and proudly. The reason Damien really has to get donkey of a day here because if you didn't vote for himself, that means means he didn't vote at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have to practice what you preached, Damien.
Speaker 5: You can't be out here telling people to vote in voting matters that you didn't even vote.
Speaker 1: And there is nothing wrong with voting for.
Speaker 5: Yourself, especially if you believe you are the best person for the job. Okay, clapping for yourself is important. That's the problem with society today. Everyone is always seeking validation from others. All of those followers y'all got on social media that y'all wake up to every day trying to impress. They don't love you. They not clapping for you for real. They don't like you for real. Those hearts that come, your hearts that flutter, Okay, when they like your posts, all right, that's not real love.
Speaker 1: Those people aren't showing up for you when you need them.
Speaker 5: But you can and should show up for yourself. You should always be your biggest fan, and if you're not, something is wrong. Okay, I promise you, Dammian. If you would have told people that you aren't even voting for yourself, I don't think people would have voted for you either. Okay, why would I support someone who's not supporting themselves. Now, Damnian, I understand the thought process here. There's been times that Breakfast Club has been nominated for things, in particular best Platform at the BET Hip Hop Awards, and you know, I vote for those things. I'm on you know, the boards and stuff to vote for BT hip Hop Awards and BET Awards. I've voted for other people in those situations the last two years. I think I voted for a million dollars worth a game and drink hips, Sluta, Gillian Wallow, Slutherinrii in EFN.
Speaker 1: But that's just because I truly feel the last couple.
Speaker 5: Of years they have been the best solely hip hop platforms. So it would be disingenuous of me to vote for Breakfast Club knowing I feel like I don't deserve to win, so I cast the vote for who I believe she'd win.
Speaker 1: But that's different than running for city council. Okay, if you're running for city council, that.
Speaker 5: Means you feel like you're the best person for the job. So if I was running for a political office, I'm absolutely gonna vote for myself.
Speaker 1: Laura Laaro said, my tripping should Damian Green have voted for himself.
Speaker 4: Larkin, he should voted for himself two times.
Speaker 1: Carrie, champion of my tripping, voted for himself.
Speaker 2: No, but you're given a bigger message right here, you preaching, you saying listen, if you why do you must be validated by other people?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: We live in a world where everybody has to tell us we're dope, and that's insane, that's insane.
Speaker 1: And if you have a chance to actually validate yourself through a vote, why wouldn't you show up for yourself?
Speaker 4: Voted for a Breakfast club too.
Speaker 1: I voted for Breakfast.
Speaker 4: I would have voted for.
Speaker 1: I love Gilly Waller, but I voted for myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But that's why you have a vote, because everybody has difference of opinion and made the best show win or I made the best elected, the best of person win. When it comes to you know these positions, Please give Damian Green the sweet sounds of the Hamiltones.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dog of the day.
Speaker 5: The dog.
Speaker 1: Of the day. All right, Well, thank you for that donkey today. That's great. Are you looking at me like that? Why are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 5: I think you know what Carrie said is true, and I didn't even think of it like that, but I mean, yeah, this is a bigger mess. Like you should clap for yourself right, like you should, you know, validate yourself.
Speaker 2: We live in a world where we have to have people, and that's what I look. I love social media, I understand it, but it really truly determines people's self esteem and their worth and their value. This job when you are an influencer, these new jobs, all these things, and it's and I suffer to him too. I'm not I'm not different. I'm not set apart syndrome. Well I have that as well. But the reality is is that I'm not gonna wait for you to put me on. I'm gonna put myself on. Like you can't allow people to determine if you are it. Conversation we were having in the corner with the brown girls grinding and the brown girls dreaming, I'm all like us.
Speaker 1: He's a here. We having serious conversations at you. You just don't want to stab at you. Serious conversations.
Speaker 7: I can't see my face face right now, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He said, love you. This is what this is love language.
Speaker 1: That's his love language.
Speaker 4: Telling people be like is he as horrible as he comes off. I said, it's.
Speaker 1: Love language.
Speaker 7: He's just old from the South. But but to your point.
Speaker 2: About validating you, don't. You don't need anybody to put you on. You don't.
Speaker 1: And if they're not putting you on, we all said a little juice, little juice something, this more.
Speaker 7: You got to change bag?
Speaker 1: What don't play with me? You all for juice something? How to play the little juice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got a change bag. I think you could.
Speaker 5: Get well, you know, your little granny.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the conversation was having.
Speaker 7: I think this is such a this is a day I like this day.
Speaker 2: I was just she was saying so I said to her briefly, I was like, I don't I don't want to like and I wasn't being mad or anything. I was just like, I just don't want you to ever say there's nobody helping you. Especially I don't want to hear that a brown woman's not helping you. While that might be the case.
Speaker 7: In certain instances, because there have been a lot of black women that have helped me as whole rest.
Speaker 2: But while that might be the case, we can't even give them any energy because they don't matter.
Speaker 1: We were Yes, we were talking about open the phone.
Speaker 5: Do other people feel like how they want to learn how you you said you feel like said.
Speaker 4: So what I said was being on camera.
Speaker 7: I've never had another woman on camera person that is reporting or whatever personality be open arms and hey, what you're going through? Like I remember when George Floyd passed away and all that stuff's happening. I was the only black woman on camera for TMG and I was very new to at space. Van had just left for KEL wasn't there. It was I literally probably cry like.
Speaker 5: Every you're basically saying that you feel like I didn't have nobody to have an assistance, is what you're saying.
Speaker 7: So now, yeah, like they don't want it. Well, let me not say they don't want to. But I haven't had the open arms experience to other women that are actually sitting in the seat of what I'm doing and not behind the scenes, so it's different. They don't understand the conversation.
Speaker 5: It's open the phone line to see if other women feel that way. And five one five one why do women hate each other? Let's call them.
Speaker 1: Question each other to support.
Speaker 4: That to reroute that question.
Speaker 1: Women as supportive to each other. In private to be.
Speaker 4: More supportive to each other in public versus private.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is on the way?
Speaker 4: I said you should have breakfast club