Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of tim al Trend was such a bitch her to see Casey Wilson's interview. We're going to get to it. Yeah, talking about the Santa Claus. Turns out the clause in that contract is the star is gonna be kind of a bitch.
Speaker 2: Here's the clause, diva baby clause.
Speaker 3: I think I just figured something out.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to figure out who Elon Musk's like new kind of head turned to the side delivery reminds me of.
Speaker 2: Oh from that New York Times thing, from the New.
Speaker 1: York Times thing, And I think he's been studying Wayne's World like he really like his delivery.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of Wayne Campbell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he seems like Wayne would be like, yeah, right, and then he would do these kind of like nods to the side on the couch for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like he's just like taking Wayne Campbell's delivery and gone full fascist.
Speaker 4: I do love that Wayne's Wayne's World is a fantastic film, So I don't know why people are so critical of it.
Speaker 2: G F, why if you if you want to, if you want to threaten me with money.
Speaker 4: Go fuck yourself and then shot right, he starts like he starts putting his hair behind his ear likene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kept waiting for that, but like his little like head turns, like when he's like, yeah this one, and now I'm gonna turn my head and everyone's gonna laugh. Anyways, the fallout from Time Magazine's most Consequential Person of the Year pick Yeah, Taylor Swift, it continues to reverberate because the right has figured out that this whole thing, not just Time picking Taylor Swift as a Person of the Year, the whole Taylor Swift's entire successful year. It's all been a left wing sigh out. Okay, I don't know why it took me so long to see this. All right, what's the case here?
Speaker 4: They must have some really good So is there something happens like a sleeked like CIA program or something like that.
Speaker 1: So there's thing, well, you know, you obviously have like MK ultra where the CIA was trying to figure out how to control people's minds, and in trying to do that, they accidentally invented the counterculture movement by introducing LSD to the public. Uh, and like giving Ken Keysy one of the like leaders of the hippie movement acid in like MK Ultra tests like, so all all the evidence we have of like CIA is actually controlling your mind. Uh, they're not very good at that ship they fried they want to they they are bad at it.
Speaker 4: If anything, they're Yeah, they created a monster that they couldn't put back in from their perspective.
Speaker 1: But so it's more just insinuations like that. The end of Wokeness account said yes, if you don't think the regime has plans to weaponize her just in time for twenty twenty four, you clearly have not been paying attention. Whereas Stephen Miller posted, what's happening with Taylor Swift is not organic?
Speaker 2: Okay either? Are you teenage mutant Ninja Gebels? What do you talk.
Speaker 3: Organic?
Speaker 4: Jack Masoviek literally said a quote the Taylor Swift girl Boss psyop has been fully activated.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm curious what they think, like what they think is happening like it?
Speaker 3: Do they think? What? So?
Speaker 1: What did Stephen Miller think was happening at at her concerts? Does he think that those seats weren't actually full? Is he confused? Because charisma is like an alien property that he like just can't can't comprehend.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean look at Steven Miller, like absolutely hated throughout high school, you know what I mean, Like it's no secret like he was like an out there racist at.
Speaker 2: Santa Monica High School and people did not like him.
Speaker 4: So that it makes sense from that guy's perspective, who was like always oh fuck the popular thing, like fuck that it's like stupid or whatever, that he would just like yeah to him and absolutely like cancerous to him. And I'm sure there's also just like you know how like like the way like political wonks and campaign people also look at it, like you look at voting blocks too, and he's just trying to basically be like, oh shit, this is a huge group of people who could potentially just vote Democrat because of it. I mean, it's the same way they looked at Kanye West and thought some shit would go down.
Speaker 3: With him, right that he was going to win the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's simple or something like they're just like, oh, that's their leader, and that's what happens. And while I'm sure many people would like many swifties would heed the words of their you know, leader, tailor how.
Speaker 2: Much like I don't know, maybe they.
Speaker 4: Have polling to see, like what the swiftye fucking dynamic is going into twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was one time when she tweeted, I think it was twenty twenty three, she tweeted, I've been so lucky to see so many of you guys at my US shows recently. I've heard you raise your voices and I know how powerful they are. Make sure you're ready to use them in our election this year, and then linked off to vote dot org and they saw I think thirty thousand people registered to vote off of that one post, which is like, there's not like.
Speaker 2: The good conversion, not great conversion.
Speaker 1: It's wait, you said, thirty thirty thousand. It was the most people that registered to vote in a single night since the last president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can remember that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's she's able to move some people to vote, but I don't think she's like starting the revolution with that with you know, this is on some uh just.
Speaker 3: Rock the vote. Doesn't matter what you vote for. You just gotta vote this vote, which can take it either way, like yeah for Donald Trump, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's she's been vague enough that people were like, is.
Speaker 3: She a Nazi? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So I don't know why they they're liked, but again they're looking at how much like because we saw this going into the elections earlier in November, how people were talking shit about Taylor Swift and not like that actually not doing well like that that like brought attention to themselves in a way they probably didn't want. So that effect is definitely real. But like if you're like, yeah, yeah, there was someone who said said something about like her fan or whatever, and like it did not like it. Just a lot of people were just like.
Speaker 2: Oh this person, Oh I might vote now against them.
Speaker 4: Not to say that it was like a full on you know, like it's not causation or correlation.
Speaker 2: There's just more like I don't know, maybe that's something to do with it.
Speaker 4: Clearly, she is very popular, so it's not the smartest idea to try to think that that will somehow win you over by taking an absolute dump on her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's also.
Speaker 4: Not like she was saying revolutionary shit in that Time magazine article, like as I looked at it, or there's like it's just about like it's an interesting read. If you're a fan, Like, sure, you want to hear what her inner thoughts and feelings are about, like things that have happened during her life. But for those of us that aren't and are looking at like why is this person person of the year, it's like whatever, you know, like there's a there's a one part it said, quote the upcoming vault tracks for Reputation will be quote fire, she promises. The re recordings projects feels like a mythical quest to her. Swift says, quote, I'm collecting horror, I'm collecting infinity stones. Gandalf's voice is in my head every time I put out a new one. For me, it is a movie now, Like damn, it's not talking about like workers of the world unite, like.
Speaker 1: Nor needs to be that worried to be honest.
Speaker 3: But again I get it too.
Speaker 4: If she does choose to say become politically active, yeah, that's that's probably that's a cultural force that you would have to contend with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, Laura Lumer positive that Swift is who Democrats are counting on to interfere in the twenty twenty four presidential election.
Speaker 4: Let's just go for it. I mean, I was joking than the last episode. But fuck it, bro Biden Swift twenty twenty four. Listen, yeah, yes, there we go the idea that you're going to interfere in the election, Like it's like, oh, you have Russian interference. Well we have Taylor Swift and we'll have someone out loud say what their values are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sure, scion.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Joe Biden, a couple pieces of I think good news. Yea one, he just canceled five billion dollars in federal student loan debt, which brings the amount of debt relief under his administration to one hundred and thirty two billion dollars for more than three point six million people. Obviously, the Supreme Court stopped his central plan to you know, just do a broader thing, so it's more piecemeal at this point. And obviously this being America, because they killed off all the bureaucrats who help with things like this, like just reading this dn N article about like what you have to do, like so this program like you have to go through this, and then by matching this program with this other program that was designed earlier this year to coordinate with the previous program, to make like it just seems like so you have to become a professional bureaucrat for a couple mo right, but it is still you know, progress, and definitely, you know.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are going to feel that, and I know a lot of it is limited to like specific kinds of borrowers. So like if you got like defrauded by a for profit college, or you've been paying for at least twenty years, or like if you're a public sector worker. These all through like existing student loan forgiveness programs that exist. So they're just trying to like turn up all the levers on stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And it feels like the actual like kind of boots on the ground felt economic realities things that we've been you know, when we talk about the mainstream Democratic Party pointing to well, these economic indicators say it's better than it's ever been, like that, that's not it, but like this is the sort of thing that I feel like people can actually feel.
Speaker 4: Because the things people feel are like wage inequality and like how you know what what being in a union can do for your occupation and your career and things like that, and we're so far by behind like other countries. If you want to compare in that sense. Yeah, and I mean again, like, look at our healthcare system. But these are the kinds of things because a lot of it is perceived, like the perception of how much disposable income you might have after a month or something, and most people like, if you look at like all the factors that they kind of make any kind of metric out of that, more people feel that they're having less and less money to use than people that are. And I think that's like that should be the metric that they should be really focusing on, because that's the like you can't tell people about GDP, right, they honestly like and it and I get how everything's interconnected, and that might be the reason they're like the company they still work for is still in business, et cetera, et cetera. But if you're trying to like, like, you don't need to do all the fancy branding of it, if you can just make people like there's something tangible there, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, starts to stetting dark branding. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back back. And so there was this viral video where an Ohio woman threw a brito bowl at a Chipotle employee, that the thrower has been convicted of assault in her face. The worker had to like go be treated at the hospital for burns on her face. So this woman who threw the brito bowl was convicted, and her conviction comes with a unique punishment judges. Judges love to like get a little headline. So that she was sentenced to one hundred and eighty days in jail, but the judge gave her a chance to reduce her sentence by sixty days if she spends that time working twenty hours a week at a fast food restaurant. Which is this idea that has been kicked around on the internet that I kind of like that everybody should be forced to do mandatory customer service work if if you're not, like I think most of us spent time doing our mandatory customer service car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean unless you're like fortunately, like I worked at my dad's company or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually your like, who's going to hire me?
Speaker 2: Oh this like birthday place, this restaurant, this bar, Yeah, yeah, that's like easiest place.
Speaker 1: But if you're not, if you don't have a background in customer service, uh, you should have to work a mandatory year if you're going to be an American to just like make you less of a fucking asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah, more empathetic. I think to people at all levels of the economy, is there people.
Speaker 4: You know how sometimes I remember, like when I would be dating and stuff and like or just like out in the world, you could you could tell when somebody has never worked a job like that because they have zero empathy and they have zero understanding of what the job is, and like they think like they're king shit of the restaurant and like why.
Speaker 2: The fuck is this? Like this place is terrible? Watch me too, this person out. Yeah that that could definitely help.
Speaker 4: Also, but I'm like, you fucking assaulted this person too, And I'm like, you might need a little bit more than some fucking you know, time at the restaurant, because like that one hundred and eighty days ninety were suspended, so that leaves you another ninety and you can knock sixty off by working fast food, which means at most maybe you'd spend thirty. That's where I'm like, you know, I I know, and I think that's what I think. I get gets me a little bit kind of irritated. Is because I'm not, like, this woman is white, and I'm like, how often are we seeing some kinds of things like be you know, when people are getting the book thrown at them for not being white? Although I do like, I do like conceptually what is happening here, because truly, like one part of it is now you need to fucking humble yourself a little bit first so you fucking understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, just generally, it is a very dangerous job being customer service, especially at a fast food restaurant. A study found between twenty seventeen and twenty twenty fast food restaurants for the sites of at least seventy seven thousand violent or threatening incidents, and they are counting on young, kind of untrained workers to like handle these situations like late at night, trying to get people to like leave who've been there, you know, who are like wanting to stay, or they're just like, yeah, well I'll send the person who works the register out there to like deal with it.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's just and that's why you also see shit where like those people like they have they they're not they shouldn't have to be security and mediator and negotiator. That's why, like you see these people throwing hands because they're like, I don't I'm in a fucking weird situation.
Speaker 2: This is this is what I know how to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and yeah, like those calls like those are the ones that get like when the people actually on nine to one one, Like, how many times have you been at a job and some wild shit happens and you don't call the cops. You're just like, well, that shit was fucking wild, Yeah, unless like something terribly egregious happened, like people are pulling guns or something like that.
Speaker 1: But like even in that case, they're like this article has some examples where people had guns pulled on them and were not allowed to like go home.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, so that's sadly sounds so normal, like in a job like that, I mean, and even like this woman, the poor woman who got fucking splashed with a Chipotle burrito bull and got burns on her face, she couldn't go to the fucking hospital until after her shift was over.
Speaker 3: Yeah the fuck yo. Yeah, and I get that.
Speaker 4: I think that woman was a manager or some shit, and maybe she's trying to be like and that's when you're like, uh, don't the company.
Speaker 3: Don't value hernied.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they don't fuck with you that much because, like the way she put it, she left Chipotle after that because that shit.
Speaker 2: She was like, Yo, they did not fucking have my best interests at heart there. So now I do not work there anymore.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I don't know, I kind of like it, Like instead of mandatory military service, we get a mandatory customer service.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think like especially too, if you know, I think a lot of people, if you have a very privileged life, it should absolutely be mandatory. I think many other people who aren't as wealthy can find a way to like exist in the world and like they understand what is happening. But I feel like when you have people who are like living in a completely different reality and service workers are like literal like NPCs in your life, who you're like, yeah, the stuff, yeah that's yeah, that shit has to get fucking sorted out quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Like maybe a.
Speaker 4: Test if your like household income is over x amount of dollars, if you just.
Speaker 1: Like underne you have to do that shit, Like if you've never had to work that job, then like you like, if you do work it, you check it off and like you've done your service like of a year, and if you don't, then you just have to get in.
Speaker 4: There, like, hey man, you got clocks ticking, you're about to turn twenty eight, You're about twenty eight.
Speaker 2: You need to get that fucking that service job in pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh literally die if like I have to wear like a like a McDonald's thing, Like I can't do anything like that.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, no, you should.
Speaker 2: You learn a lot about yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: The Republican debates happened seems like a lot of like sniping and just so they were attacking one another. There were only four left right at this point that are all out on the stage, DeSantis, Christi, Vivec, and Haley. And in some cases it was like this is they were just kind of crabs in a bucket, just like trying to pull each other down, like this is the person who's trying to take my numbers away, And so they were going at each other. Then Vivic was just throwing It was like someone who's losing a boxing match on points, just throwing wild haymakers in the fifteenth round.
Speaker 2: Just being like gas gassing yourself out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do we want to play that quick.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, just just know he's about to say some vile racist and just overall just nonsense. But this is Vivek Ramaswami, who is the desperation is just oh boy.
Speaker 2: This is coming off youus, something stinky like.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump attempted to take on. And if you want somebody who's going to speak truth to power, then vote for somebody who's going to speak the truth to you. Why am I the only person on the stage at least who can say that January sixth now does look like it was an inside job and the government lied to.
Speaker 3: Us for twenty years.
Speaker 5: Saunier raid is involvement in nine to eleven that the Great Replacement theory is not some grand right wing conspiracy but a basic statement of the Democratic Party's platform, that the twenty twenty election was indeed stolen by big tech, that the twenty sixteen election, the one that Trump won for sure, was also one that was stolen from him by the National Security Estamp.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, asshole like you cut him off, cut him off?
Speaker 2: Who gave them another white claw? No?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, wow, you really you went up there with your brown butt and you really said the Great replacement theory.
Speaker 2: What did he think? What does this is the.
Speaker 4: Thing that I'm always understand when like people of color, I mean I do understand, but like there's always this like weird, fake promise in their minds that if they go full bore white supremacy, that it is going to make them likable.
Speaker 3: Make the white supremacist like that, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: And that they will ascend.
Speaker 4: I get, like from a survival thing, like how people would assimilate or whatever because whiteness may protect them in some other way, but like doing this to like appeal to it while also being a person of color, like you look like to them, they're gonna be like, well, they're going to say, is he gets it versus that's our leader because it ain't gonna be you, And just to say it like this with this ethno nationalist shit, That's what it is kind of wild that now at the point where like this is what they're doing on a debate stage to try and break through is just like screaming out vile racist conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get Trump to you know, notice them and decide that they should be just running because.
Speaker 4: None of y'all are doing ship after this, I mean, obviously this is I mean Nicky Haley as the best shot of being anywhere near Trump, but I don't even know at this point. Yeah, who what Trump's got in the old laboratory?
Speaker 2: If he got a Taylor Swift of his own, he's cooking.
Speaker 1: Up him in a blake what's his name, the Shelton Blake Shelton. Yeah, I don't know who's the I'm trying to think of the wasna be him in.
Speaker 2: Fucking Tila Tequila at this fucking rate? Right?
Speaker 1: Finally, Tim Allen, uh yeah, we already heard from him on this episode mere moments ago, but it was just interesting to hear Casey Wilson, very funny actor, was had a single episode arc or you know, a couple episode arc in the Santa Claus TV show show.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, this is the one the Santa Claus TV show that he brought back, and uh so we're I'll just read some of what she had to say about what it looked like. Tim Allen was such a bitch. It was the truly single worst experience I've ever had with a co star. Ever that she had buried this until now because the producer on the show is a great friend. So I'm in a scene it's just me and Tim Allen, and I'm supposed to throw things at him.
Speaker 3: I think he's a burglar.
Speaker 1: So he's coming down the chimney, obviously a Santa, and I'm woken up thinking there's an intruder, basically like a home evagien scene. So I'm throwing things at him. He goes over to the producer who is standing four feet from me, and goes, and I hear him. He goes, you gotta tell her to stop stepping on my lines. Producer turns to me with horror on his face and has to walk one foot to me and goes, Tim would ask that you stop stepping on his lines. Wilson said everybody was walking on eggshells around him when he was done. He was so fucking rude, never made eye contact, never said anything. It was so uncomfortable. It's the end, and Tim Allen goes leaving, takes his Santa Caate, picks it up and drops it on the floor and walks out, and they hustle in his stand in lovely man who's much nicer to act against. People are scurrying to pick up his velvet Santa coat. He's a bitch and this is the best. I won't say who said this. Someone that I do not know, perhaps in the crew, breezes past me and just goes you're seeing him on a good day.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean shocker really yeah, old Tim? I mean, what a fucking night? Got it like being around people like that. This is again It's like, I feel like some actors should also be on a set to know what it's like to have someone singularly be like, I'm gonna fucking make this place fucked up for everybody because I'm the star.
Speaker 2: Shat at.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That that book, The Dawn of Everything, that looks back at like civil indigenous civilizations in the Americas and you know what they were like, and some of the philosophies of those civils, like pre Columbian civilizations, you know, talked about multiple I was having this thing where you like, the people who were the rulers in one season would then switch to being you know, the custodians or the you know, like that, everybody would just shift between roles. It was like, because you never wanted anyone to think like they're worth to the tribe, went above anybody else's basically and like that was an idea that many of them settled on, and that makes a ton of sense. And but of course those philosophies just are ignored till.
Speaker 4: These ghost people showed up in boats talking about our king sent us.
Speaker 2: You're like, the fuck is this? What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's basically God, you would love him.
Speaker 4: He's actually he was actually picked by God to wear that crown and so have sex with his cousin.
Speaker 2: So right, hmm makes you think, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yo, producer of Victor in the chat just chimed in and said, when I was a kid, I signed up to be a background actor on the third Santa Claus and the directors told us parenthetical, a bunch of kids at the casting call do not speak to Tim Allen at all.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And it was a quick comment, but looking back at it, it was weird. Yeah. Yeah, well, cocaine's the hell of a drug allegedly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you think that he's Santa Claus and he's all friendly and stuff, and maybe he's playing him, but he.
Speaker 2: Fucking he's on a fucking bender.
Speaker 3: Dude, no eye contact.
Speaker 2: You might think you're a fucking dean or something to swing on you.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but the only way to guarantee that is if you fucking say the fuck away from him.
Speaker 2: Please. Wow.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, December seventh.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,