Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From New York City, the only city in America.
Speaker 3: It's the show that invenient news.
Speaker 1: This here's the Daily Show with your.
Speaker 2: Host Charlemagne no Gone.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Daily Show. I go by the name of CHARLAMAGNEA god Hella. Now this is my last night is guest host. Don't feel sad for me, all right, because originally I was only supposed to do four nights, but then they brought me back and I lasted eight nights. So it's a black hat of a miracle. Right, We've got a great show for you tonight. Let's get into the headlines. Let's kick things off of the big political news. Last night was another debate between all the Republican candidates who.
Speaker 3: Aren't going to win.
Speaker 4: It's like the National Spelling b without the Asian kids. Yeah, and we've got all the details in our continuing coverage of Democracy twenty twenty four. There was a lot to talk about in this debate, starting with Vavik Ramaswami, millionaire businessman and the guy who.
Speaker 3: Puts the dick in Valedictorian.
Speaker 4: Over the last few debates, Ramaswami has built up a bit of a reputation for being a world class asshole. Yeah, and this debate was no different.
Speaker 5: One thing that Joe Biden and Nikki Aley have in common is that neither of them could even state, for you three provinces in eastern Ukraine that they want to send our troops to actually fight for. Look at the blank expression. She doesn't know the names of the provinces that she wants to actually fight for. The only person more fascist than the Biden regime now is Nicki Haley. Nikki I don't have a woman problem. You have a corruption problem. And I think that that's where people need to know. Nicki is corrupt. This is a woman who will send your kids to die so she can buy a bigger halt stress. Do everybody a favor, Just walk yourself off that stage, enjoy a nice meal, and get the hell out of this place. Why am I the only person on the stage at least who can say that January sixth now does look like it was an inside job that the government lied to us for twenty years about Saudi Araba's involvement in nine to eleven. That the Great Replacement theory is not some grand right wing conspiracy theory, that the twenty twenty election was indeed stolen by big tech. That the twenty sixteen election, the one that Trump won for sure, was also one that was stolen from him by the national security establishment.
Speaker 3: That actually, I didn't want them to cut him off. I want to know where Bigfoot lives.
Speaker 4: All Right, Okay, this dude is up here spewing every conspiracy in the book nine to eleven stolen Elections replacement theory. He is right about January sixth being an inside job, though, I mean, the whole thing was orchestrated by the President.
Speaker 3: You can't get more inside than that, all right.
Speaker 4: And by the way, yeah, and by the way, going after Haley for supposedly not knowing three provinces in Ukraine just makes Halley seem relatable. None of us know shit about Ukraine. We just put that flag in our bio and call it a day. And when he told Chris Christy to go enjoy a nice meal, that was supposed to be a fat joke, right, I mean, I mean it was definitely a more subtle fat joke than I expect from Vivic. Okay, he's such an asshole.
Speaker 1: I figure.
Speaker 4: He says something like, hey, Chris, if this president. Thing doesn't work out, don't worry. I heard they're doing an all white reboot of Precious right.
Speaker 3: Are he could just hold it aside? That sense thick?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just saying, if you want to be the new Trump, don't be subtle about it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, say what you want about Chris Christy.
Speaker 4: He was the only person on that stage who knew why Donald Trump getting reelected would be a giant problem for the country.
Speaker 6: I'm in this race because the truth needs to be spoken. He is unfit. This is a guy who just said this past week that he wants to use the Department of Justice to go after his enemies when he gets in there. This is an angry, bitter man who now wants to be back as president because he wants to exact retribution on anyone who has disagreed with him, anyone who has tried to hold him to account for his own conduct. Do I think he was kidding when he said he was a dictator? All you have to do is look at the history. You want to know why those pull numbers are where they are, because folks like these three guys on the stage make it seem like his content is acceptable let me make it clear.
Speaker 3: His conduct is unacceptable.
Speaker 4: He's unfitted that good for Christy, Good for Christie, good for him.
Speaker 3: You gotta give him his props. Gotta give him his props, although.
Speaker 4: It does show just how out of touch he is with the Republican base. He's like, guys, Donald Trump is going to be a dictator, and the whole audience.
Speaker 3: Is like, we know, we can't wait. Okay, And Christy is right.
Speaker 4: Other Republicans should be speaking out against Trump's authoritarian aspirations.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Hearing someone say they want to become a dictator is like hearing someone say they want to.
Speaker 3: Start a podcast.
Speaker 4: You should be doing everything you can to stop him. Then, of course there's Nikki Haley, who has recently surged in the first place among all the candidates who are in distant second place. Okay, although based on this debate, I guess she doesn't think she needs the youthful.
Speaker 7: We really do need to ban TikTok once and for all. And let me tell you why. For every thirty minutes someone watches TikTok every day, they become seventeen percent more anti Semitic, more pro Hamas.
Speaker 4: Based on doing that, hold up hold up, TikTok makes you anti semitic. Elon must be shitting himself right now, like.
Speaker 3: They're muscling in on my turf. For real, man, this.
Speaker 4: Is the weirdest stat I've heard since that one about eating eh spiders a year in your sleep.
Speaker 3: How do they know that?
Speaker 4: If someone watching me while I'm sleeping? And if they are, why aren't they stopping me from eating all these fighters?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Listen, Nikki, First you hated TikTok because of privacy concerns. Now you hate it because of anti semitism. Just admit it. You can't figure out how to go viral and you're jealous, okay, right now. One topic that didn't come up in the debate last night was gun violence, which is a little surprising because they were actually two mass shootings just yesterday, one in Las Vegas and one in Texas.
Speaker 3: But it's also nights.
Speaker 4: But it's also not surprising they didn't talk about it because it's the same thing after every shooting. Republicans want to talk about anything except guns.
Speaker 3: Guns aren't the problem. It's people who pick up guns and cause the crime. At the end of the day, it's the problem is the human heart it's not guns, not the weapons.
Speaker 5: Anybody who shoots somebody else has a mental health challenge.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 8: We stop teaching values in so many of our schools.
Speaker 5: We're now we're teaching wokeness, which we're indopting our children. Things like CRT, transgender hormone treatments and ideology increase the risk of extreme depression, aggression, and even violence.
Speaker 9: All the porn, all the bad stuff that's out there, these violent video games that are out there getting in the minds virtue.
Speaker 3: Why don't we do something about it?
Speaker 4: Did this dude really say that porn and video games turn kids into shooters?
Speaker 3: Those two things keep kids at home if.
Speaker 10: Anything, If anything, we should ban schools.
Speaker 3: That's what the school shootings happen. But this god is wondering what would it.
Speaker 4: Take to get a GOP politician to say the word guns.
Speaker 3: Take a look.
Speaker 11: Welcome to the final rounds of one million dollar Republican Pyramid.
Speaker 3: Mary.
Speaker 11: You just have to get this Republican congressman to guess one word and you win one million dollars.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now.
Speaker 11: Oh, okay, it's the reason America has so many mass shootings.
Speaker 3: Focus No, why do mass shootings only happen in America.
Speaker 5: Violent video games, I said, only in America, an American day.
Speaker 3: Oh, because we don't see the pledge of allegiance anymore. Mass shooting, why do they happen?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Mental health crisis, drag shows, smartphones, a marijuana. Oh, single mothers, no married mothers, No, just mothers.
Speaker 1: No, I know him know this.
Speaker 3: They killed thirty thousand people a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, you should have said that. Swimming pools.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ. They have bullets, power points, They have bullets, and they're dangerous for school children. Oh, power points about gender. Okay, imagine a mass shooting.
Speaker 1: Would just happened.
Speaker 5: Mary, If I may.
Speaker 3: I'd like to offer my thoughts and prayers. We don't have time for this. Just say guns. Guns.
Speaker 11: Why didn't you just say guns?
Speaker 3: The answer was guns? Mary. It is too soon to politicize this, all right.
Speaker 4: When we come back, I'll tell you who should be a next president. So don't you go anywhere. Welcome back to the Daily So as you all know where a year out from the election, and even though it seems like the two nominees are inevitable, there are still some potential options out there. No, never you DeSantis, Okay, I'm talking about candidates that have main character energy, like.
Speaker 5: This guy after leaving Shark take and agree to sell the majority stake in his NBA team.
Speaker 3: Does Mark Cuban want to run for president? The billionaire Mark Cuban. He just sold his majority stake in the Dallas Mavericks. Wow, why did he do that?
Speaker 7: My opinion, running for president or at least exploring.
Speaker 3: A run Mark Cuban makes sense.
Speaker 6: He's very famous, he can self fund, and he would have sort of the right approach to go mix things up in the general election.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm a huge Mark Cuban fan. He obviously knows how to run businesses. I'm a huge fan. I hope he does run for president. You know who I like, and he's not a politician, Mark Cuban.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, an outsider billionaire with a reality show about business. Hmmm, why has no one ever thought of that? Okay, I just hope he has a bunch of corrupt kids. Now, Look, there are obviously differences between Trump and Mark Cuban. For example, Cuban is an actual billionaire, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay.
Speaker 4: He made his money the honest way by inventing the Cuban sandwich. Okay, he also owns a basketball team, which means he actually wants to hire black people. Okay, but this news got me thinking about how thirsty we still are for a celebrity in chief, and the concept isn't new.
Speaker 3: Well before Trump, celebrities from Arnoved.
Speaker 4: Schwarzenegger to Ronald Reagan all succeeded in politics, and it makes sense. They've got huge name id, they're charismatic, and they already lie for a living. Okay, that's like ninety percent of the job. The other ten percent is partnering turkeys and invading in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: You know, but this year the stakes feel higher.
Speaker 4: Okay, Americans who don't want another president Trump or worried that the current president doesn't have the star power to beat him, even though Biden is almost a combined age of for Jenna Ortegas, now, call me old fashioned, but I prefer all politicians come from politics.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know it's weird.
Speaker 4: It's like how I want my surgeons to come from medical school and not grades anatomy. But hey, if it takes a celebrity to beat Donald Trump, then all right, let's play that game.
Speaker 3: But why stop in Mark Cuban.
Speaker 4: There's lots of celebrities out there who would make good presidents.
Speaker 3: For example, how about the Rock.
Speaker 4: Why not, He's got the name recognition. He could literally literally carry his country on his back. Okay, and Paul's already showed he he's got more support than Biden. I mean, I don't know anything about his politics or his ideas for the country. But on the other hand, he's tall, So yeah, run for president Dwing.
Speaker 3: Okay. Oh, here's another option.
Speaker 4: How about Keanu Reeves. That's a great choice, okay, just because we can replace the entire military industrial complex with John Wick. All Right, you send him to Moscow and that war is over by breakfast. Although if his dog starts biting Secret Service agents, you don't want to be the.
Speaker 3: Guy who has to take his dog away, all right.
Speaker 4: Now, of course Oprah would be an amazing option, because she's an Oprah.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: If you even have to ask why she should be president, you'll be the first to be deported, all right. Or how about a president who has sat in this very chair? No, not me, I love taking bribes too much. What about what about John Stewart. He's a voice, folks, trust he got a common sense perspective, he's gotten more legislation passed, and most members of Congress, plus I asked everybody in this building, and not one person has any dirt on him, Okay, which means.
Speaker 3: He's really good at hiding his dirt. Right, You ain't gonna never find his pe tape. All right. If all of you.
Speaker 4: Saying that we can't have a short Jewish comedian running our country, guess what they did it in Ukraine?
Speaker 3: And everything in Ukraine is going great.
Speaker 4: All right, let's move on. What about Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, Matthew mohonay. What about Beyonce? Okay? Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: And sorry, Swifties, it can't be Tailor because she's still too young and she was born in Kenya.
Speaker 3: But listen, before we.
Speaker 4: Dive back into bed with a celebrity candidate, we gotta be honest about how effective they would really be. Just because you know how to run a company, it doesn't mean you know how to run a country. Just because you can play a politician, it doesn't mean you know how to legislate.
Speaker 3: Just because you can stop bullets with your hand. That might be helpful, actually, because it would have helped Kennedy.
Speaker 12: I'm I'm not saying celebrities can't become politicians, but maybe we don't let them start at president because you can't squeeze years of political experience into a training montage.
Speaker 3: And besides, if celebrities.
Speaker 4: Want to run the country, they already have a place for that in our society, and that place is the Illuminati.
Speaker 3: Right when we come back, Jelly row will be joining me on the show. So don't you go anywhere. Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 4: My guest tonight is a Grammy nominated singer songwriter whose latest album is called WITSI Chapel.
Speaker 3: Please welcome Jelly Rod jo I don't come on.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 3: That's right, they all wishing you happy birthday. You celebrated it.
Speaker 4: All day on Monday, right, yes, sir, fast Monday, sir. And you celebrated the number one record would Save Me?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Yes, sir, man.
Speaker 1: It number one.
Speaker 3: Look at me, jail the show. You know all love saved me? Man?
Speaker 4: You released it what three years ago on YouTube? Yes, sir, three years ago on YouTube, and you posted a I know this is a little different from me, but I'm wondering if this should make the album or not.
Speaker 3: Y'all let me know below. Why didn't you believe the song should make.
Speaker 1: The ou oh man insecurity?
Speaker 9: That that that that that voice of the negativity that gets in all of our ears. Man, that one that we fired every day. I'm glad I followed enough to put it up.
Speaker 3: Absolutely did save me taking off.
Speaker 4: Change your perspective on the type of music you do and how you release it, because it just three years ago it came out, but it just went number one on the country charts this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, man, I want to show me that sometimes you gotta let a song find people. You know, music meets us where we are. That's the beauty of a Charlemagne is that music is therapeutic. It's there to help and heal. It's a constant and a life that doesn't have many constants in it. So I'm just glad to see the song finally touch people. I love your story too, man. Fifteen years ago you were in prison and now you're a Grammy nominated musician.
Speaker 3: So I guess my question is not fuckingty so. So my question is should everybody go to prison to find success? Exactly?
Speaker 9: They're giving it away free y'all, especially, I promise it's real easy to get there in your face. Three hots and a cop baby, you got guaranteed bad, three meals a day.
Speaker 3: It's all good.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's cool.
Speaker 3: Might see a high school.
Speaker 4: Friend and I love your song sheet too, man, when you address the heroin and fentanyl epidemic.
Speaker 3: Yes, why is this song so important too?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 9: Man, I think it's important as an artist for us to talk about the things that people are afraid to talk about, and that art sometimes is an expression of what words are even afraid to say. So I think it's a responsibility as a songwriter to write those kind of songs. And the fennyl epidemic is sickening. What's happening in America right now is absolutely sickening. I think it's fourteen p thank you. I think it's thank y'all. So I think I heard it statistic that it's fourteen people an hour overdose and die in the United States of America every hour on the hour, dam twenty four hours a day, three hundred and sixty five days a year, three sixty six in a leap here. I'm that country, and I think if you think about those numbers alone, It shows me that you heard people here sharing that it is effected every household.
Speaker 1: Every side of the oil.
Speaker 9: Everybody in America has been affected by this somewhere or the other, and I think it's time we stand up to do something about it.
Speaker 4: Well, what would you tell people who were struggling with that addiction?
Speaker 9: I would tell them that there is hope. That My biggest message as actually had I had my first viral clip Charlet Mane. I don't know if you know, come on, I know you did. You helped it go viral, and uh it was. I was talking about how it's so important for us to recognize that our windshield is bigger than our rear view mirror for a reason, because what's in front of us is more important than what's behind us. That who we were is not who we are, right, you know that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know a lot of people may not know, but I read Juicy Jay's book, so I know you was down with three six.
Speaker 1: My field, Yes, sir day one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they performed this hard out there for a pimp at it, Yes.
Speaker 9: Sir Bonnarue, and I actually had the privilege of them going on tour with me and doing five shows and We did hard out here for a pimp.
Speaker 1: Every night.
Speaker 3: Y'all was a group though, right it was you, a little waited.
Speaker 9: Me, Little White, and our guy, our guy BPS from Indianapolis who sadly passed away, Rest in peace, BPsy.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, what did you learn from your time with three six oh.
Speaker 9: Man Everything, Little White and three six Juicy J and Paul? The importance of ownership, the importance of independent music, the importance of making the music for your community, and that all that matters representing your people in music because they didn't care about representing nothing but Memphis, and the fact that the sound went worldwide just shows that how much the problems are common everywhere.
Speaker 1: So write what you know. Don't write what you think you know. Write what you know.
Speaker 9: And they taught me a lot through that, but most importantly the independence and ownership.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hip hop has more in common with country music than people realize.
Speaker 3: Like, they're both great storytellers.
Speaker 4: They both talk about their vehicles a lot.
Speaker 9: Yeah right, Yeah, they both talk about bitches.
Speaker 3: It is twenty twenty three, say women.
Speaker 8: But no, I meant dogs. Oh may, I brought a bunch of songs about my dog. Right, let me get my mind out there. That's wrong with I got my dog with me on the bus right now, bus dog.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that, Speaking of that though, you know, it feels to me and I'm only getting this from what I see you post on social.
Speaker 3: The more you blow up, the more.
Speaker 4: It seems like you want to be around your family and your dog and your loved ones.
Speaker 3: My reading that correctly, that's sir, man Uh.
Speaker 9: I want to anchor myself and family. I think it's the root of everything we do. Plus, I'm gonna be honest. He we're a little we're a little tribe, and they're my best friends. My favorite human on earth is my wife.
Speaker 3: You know, like.
Speaker 1: I love my daughter, I love my relationships. And I was joking, but I love my dogs.
Speaker 9: Man, I love my dogs. They're all with us now. My wife's got one. I got two in the bus right now.
Speaker 3: Kind of dogs.
Speaker 9: I got a basst Hound. She's got a bully, and we got a French. We got a French bulldog. Okay, yeah, we're dog people.
Speaker 1: That We had a cat. I had a hairless cat, of bald cat, one of them.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: It was so ugly, it was cute, it was awesome.
Speaker 4: And this cat this to say about me when I was younger, they kind of you'll say that now a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's better what they said about me.
Speaker 1: He's cute, but he's fat.
Speaker 3: But all you got to do is lose weight and unlock that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, totally.
Speaker 9: Then i'd be a president. You know what I'm saying. God, That's why God didn't make me skinny. He knew I had abuse the power.
Speaker 4: You know, that's all you supposed to pick a You meeting Dolly part In this past month as a country artist in Tennessee, is that like your version of meeting the Pope?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Dude, Yes, it was like meeting jay Z. It was that big. It couldn't have gotten no bigger for me. Dude, she's the queen she I've never seen. I don't know what you know. You're from the South, but I don't know what y'all know about a little town called Severeville, Tennessee, where Dolly Parton's from and before Dolly Parton was from there and then went back to create the biggest economical shift in the history of East Tennessee. You wouldn't have cared to know Severeville, Tennessee. I mean, it was a map dots what we call it was a dot on the map.
Speaker 1: Dude. It made Monk's Corner look big.
Speaker 3: Really, you know what I mean? With the population, yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, god back then nothing, I mean probably in the early thousands. But she went back to bed Dollywood and has made it one of the best places to travel in America. So everything she's done, from music to her stance, the way she carried herself, Dolly Parton is her philanthropy.
Speaker 1: She is who I aspire to be. Man, that's dope.
Speaker 3: That's dope. I was reading.
Speaker 4: I was reading an interview that the Black Kid the Black Keys did recently, and they said, this is gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I had to bring it up.
Speaker 4: And they said, in twenty and ten, you twenty ten, you thought they were making jokes on you.
Speaker 3: So you approached them and asked them, did they want to go? They want to fight? Is that true?
Speaker 1: It is? I'm not to say it's the truth. I was.
Speaker 9: I was fresh out of jail and I was battling those you know, I mean, I was still had those habits with me, and I was just a very very.
Speaker 1: Insecure human man.
Speaker 9: You know what I love to talk about the most about this part of the story of Charlemagne's the who I was and who I don't think again? Right, It's like, man, God softened my heart looking back at that kid, I kind of laugh. I got blushing when you brought it up because I was embarrassed a little bit. But I just took you know, I was so entitled and so angry and everything was about me, and I thought they were joking and laughing at us because I was used to being in that kind of a situation. Yeah, ego, it was all about ego, man. And I mean, by the way, I love y'all black kids. It's all peaceful. I won't try to fight you again.
Speaker 1: We're all we're all good. It's all peace. I think the music's incredible. I wish y'all will you know.
Speaker 4: Patrick Connie recognized it, and you know, he said that you seemed angry and you've admitted that like you just did just now.
Speaker 3: You said you are a broken man. So what made Jelly roll hoole.
Speaker 9: Taking the time to love myself, learning to listen to myself, working, you do the work.
Speaker 1: I do the work. You know, we know I go to therapy. I'll take it very serious.
Speaker 9: My relationship with God I'm an old I'm an old school Southern man. I'm just really rooted in my faith and that by belief, that and more than anything, my search for purpose. I quit searching to be happy and I started searching to be useful. And that's when everything changed for me, because to me, I want to be a man of service.
Speaker 1: I want to help people. I want to lead people in the right direction.
Speaker 9: And I know that when this is all said and done, the jokes we make will come and go. The two things that will stand, Charlemagne, is how me and you made people feel sure what music was made, and that's what's important. So I just want to make I want to lift people up. I tore people down for decades.
Speaker 1: I just want to listen to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's interesting what you said though, So it's like you said, you're an old school sovereign man. I feel the same way. But we got new school resources. So I believe in God in.
Speaker 1: Therapy absolutely for sure. I believe in God and therapy. I believe in the universe.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 9: Hey, listen, if you convinced me that because you're an Aquarius we get along.
Speaker 1: I'm in I.
Speaker 3: Am extremely open minded at my old age.
Speaker 4: You know, I love the video you referenced earlier. You know when you gave the acceptance speech you recently. It was for new Artists of the Year at the Seemags. Right, was that pre written? Did your hip hop kick in? And that was just a freestyle off the time?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 9: It was the old school freestyle half half and half right. I didn't think I was gonna win. I thought Zack Bryan had it by landslide. I think he is one of the most incredible artists on earth and he deserved it, and I was prepared to clap for him, was my spirit. In fact, I put my hand on his shoulder and said, be sure to shout me out and winked at him. But when I walked up there, I held this up and I looked up and it said fifty seven fifty six fifty five, and I said.
Speaker 1: Boy, you better say something that matters.
Speaker 9: And I just kind of If you ever come to a jelly Roll show, and I encourage all to buy a ticket, you ever, do.
Speaker 1: You ever come to a jelly Roll show, you'll see that.
Speaker 9: I called it the back row baptism towards It's like an old Southern Tent Revival a little bit too, So I do something like that every night on stage.
Speaker 3: You had some black past then you when you get speech.
Speaker 9: Man, I'm from Antiock, Tennessee, Bubba Their's was it wasn't you know? We went to one hundred person churches and it was you know, seventy percent black, thirty percent white, poor people. So it just I just saved different and Baptist stuff exactly. Yeah, that line is raiser thin. Right.
Speaker 4: Do you feel pressure to deliver another GRID acceptance speech after that one went viral?
Speaker 1: Well, no, because I don't expect to win anything fast out.
Speaker 3: So you say that I'm.
Speaker 9: Nominated for a Grammy, and I'm just like, dude, I don't. I'm afraid that if I actually want a Grammy Charlemagne, I would just snot rocket the whole time. That would definitely if I have to turn the music on and I'm just weeping like a child, that.
Speaker 3: Could be doing. You could be the new Michael joke and me right, yeah, I was worried that's gonna happen.
Speaker 9: Anyways, that's my aspiration.
Speaker 4: But you got two Grammy nominations, Yes, sir, But you said you don't feel like you deserve either one.
Speaker 3: Why why is that you still dealing with like in pasta syndrome a little bit.
Speaker 9: I'm working on I'm working through that too, because it's like and also I just I'm really struggling with I've been killing the ego is a big part of me becoming a better person.
Speaker 1: And then you're in a situation where it's a lot of me.
Speaker 9: I I me, me me, So I'm always trying to fight that battle too of just like just ground myself and humility and also respect people's art.
Speaker 1: Dude, Noah, Noah Khan is unbelievable, you.
Speaker 9: Know what I mean, Like, he's unbelievable, right, clearly. I know y'all didn't vote for me, but but I would have voted for him too, you know if I get a vote. So it's just I'm also respecting the other people's art.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get you a book called an Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holliday. It's a great read.
Speaker 1: You should read it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Is it the red covered book.
Speaker 3: It's a red cover and a green cove.
Speaker 1: If on that stay yeah, hook me up. Though.
Speaker 9: You know I'm a have a reader, So let me ask you this question. I surprise people with my ability to read, not me.
Speaker 3: I can listen to you talking.
Speaker 4: Of gods that grew up on a dirt road. I'm telling you we may not can't pronounce.
Speaker 3: We'll say it wrong every time, that's right, but we know what it means.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: So what does Jelly Roll feel like he deserves?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm starting to feel better.
Speaker 9: I start to feel like I deserve this ability to be able to work this hard and to be able to influence this many people.
Speaker 1: And I take that very serious.
Speaker 9: And that's why I'm very, very very direct about the message I'm trying to permit, present and promote because I feel like I'm a voice for the voiceless and I speak for a group of people that haven't never been properly spoken and forth. Yes, sure, and I take that very serious and it gives me a lot of purpose. Man, I'm finding purpose in life and it's really cool.
Speaker 3: Man, Jelly Reroal, you deserve it all, my brother.
Speaker 1: I love you, baby.
Speaker 3: You absolutely win. Six CHAPITL is available.
Speaker 4: Now, We're gonna take a break, go be right back after this.
Speaker 3: That's our show for tonight and that's my time as host.
Speaker 4: But you can Catch me on the Breakfast Club Monday through Friday, six am to ten am, and listen to my podcast Brilliant Idiots when Andrews shows. Stay tuned next week when your guest hosts will be cal Penn.
Speaker 11: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 11: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmouth Plucks.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast