Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you got your merch for a cause gear, don't forget to tag us all right? Yes on Insta any socials at Brook and Jeffrey. Yes, and if you haven't already, you better buy some because it's not going to be around forever all right.
Speaker 3: No, and it's so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, you don't want to miss out on this, so just go to Brook and Jeffrey dot com to shop and don't forget tag.
Speaker 1: Us at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let's start the show.
Speaker 4: Yet still, then the results are in and apparently we are the number one morning show in America. Yes, let me finish Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. We're the number one morning show in America for talking about candy. Yeah, that's right. We've logged more hours talking about everything from red Skittles being banned in California to the Mount Rushmore of Jolly ranchers. Jose and I almost got into a fistfight over green Apple the other day. By the way, don't you even say that word.
Speaker 3: You don't like that one.
Speaker 4: Let's not start this. Let's start this all right. I'm clenching my fists already.
Speaker 3: It's obviously cherry that needs to be out, not green out.
Speaker 4: The reason I bring it up is because a site called candystore dot com released its annual list of its most hated holiday candies. So of course we're gonna talk about that. And I'm not going to cover all ten. I'm just gonna give you some of the highlights here.
Speaker 3: But I didn't even think of one that I hate.
Speaker 4: I will say number ten is Brook's favorite peppermint Bark.
Speaker 5: She doesn't want.
Speaker 3: I actually hate it. I get angry about it.
Speaker 4: Other Christmas candies that we hate life Saver story books. You remember getting those in your stocking.
Speaker 3: Remember you would open up that. It's like so nineties, like there's nothing more nineties.
Speaker 4: You opened up the front of it and it's like a book and it has a bunch of different flavors in there. Number five was holiday peeps. Whether there's shaped like snowman or shaped like Christmas trees, doesn't matter. People don't like them. Number three was cherry cordials. Those always make the top five most hated. They're basically chocolate covered cherries.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mom.
Speaker 3: Gets they're like those Maraschino.
Speaker 4: Cherries, Robitussin covered in cho give that number two. Non peppermint flavored candy canes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm down with that.
Speaker 4: Anything that's not like a mango. I saw mango.
Speaker 3: Like Star Wars has candy canes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe a pizza flavored candy cane, get behind.
Speaker 7: Maybe our producer gave me a flavored one for Christmas.
Speaker 4: And the number one most hated holiday candy of the year is reindeer corn.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. It's the red, green, and white candy corn.
Speaker 4: It's candy corn. But yeah, instead of the candy corns colors, it's colored red, green, and white.
Speaker 8: All of the candy corn makers to be like, hey, we're already hated at Halloween.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One thing that nobody hates, though, is the shock collar question of the day. That's because they get to hear the sweet, soothing sounds of our own digital Jake asking us trivia questions. Give it to us, Jake.
Speaker 10: Well, when we asked alexis her memory of watching TV Christmas specials as a kid, she replied back, Uh, what do you mean, h So.
Speaker 4: That's almost any question you asked.
Speaker 10: True, that's fair, But I said, you know, made for TV Christmas specials like Charlie Brown. Yeah, yeah, and she gave me a long, vacant look, and then she paused for ten seconds. Then she finally replied, I think Charlie had a little tree, basically tree shaming Charlie Brown.
Speaker 3: The only reason she knows that is because they sell them at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she.
Speaker 10: Has almost no knowledge of this other than watching the holiday episode of the Office where they have their drunk Christmas party. So this should be interesting as we quiz her on famous Christmas characters from a holiday TV specials during another three and a half seconds with Alexis.
Speaker 11: So you hear, I don't know what need to do it anyways, so it makes it fun.
Speaker 10: Brook Europe. First, your category is people who hate Christmas, not named Brook.
Speaker 8: Okay, it feels like it's gonna be an easy question because there's not that many in pop culture thinking about.
Speaker 3: Right take it two or three? Yeah, I think Alexis Is gonna get it right.
Speaker 10: All right, Brooks betting on Alexis. Here's your question. There's an infamous Christmas character who's been portrayed over and over in many different films. He's a mean, green Christmas hating machine. He's called the Grinch. Yeah, I thought that was gonna be answer.
Speaker 3: Please tell me the question is what's his name?
Speaker 10: Back in the year two thousand, a very famous actor was cast to play him in a non animated role eight and a half hours to be transformed with props and makeup into the Grinch. Which famous comedian was it? Oh, Jim Carrey, Yes, that's correct, Brook, You're safe. Great betting on Alexis there Now we're on a Jeffrey. Jeff, your category is magical men who play with children.
Speaker 4: That Oh, I wish this question was for me.
Speaker 10: Sorry, Jeff, It's for Alexis.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 4: This is a holiday TV Christmas special about a magical man that likes kids. I mean it, yeah, And I don't think Alexis has actually seen this Christmas special before.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 4: It's too old for her taste. And I'm going to say again, she's getting this wrong. Okay, here's your question.
Speaker 10: One of the most beloved Christmas specials of all time came out back in nineteen sixty nine, featuring a jolly snowman who comes to life. It's gonna air this year on CBS on December sixteenth. If anyone cares to watch it, watch it there. I gave you the time in the channel, Jose. But you might remember the famous scene where the children put a hat on his head and he comes alive, and the very first thing Frosty says is happy.
Speaker 1: What oh, happy to be alive?
Speaker 10: Sorry, Alexi, SA's incorrect. He says happy birthday. He may be magic, but he's not very smart.
Speaker 4: Birthday it's his he to life, Alexis, thank you. You didn't be proud there.
Speaker 10: Once again that's against Alexis, and I'll say it one Finally, we're on to Jose. Jose, your category is the other Juliani.
Speaker 8: Is there an Italian Santa show that we're missing, Julie.
Speaker 4: I think it's the reference to the first name Rudolph.
Speaker 7: Now I get it.
Speaker 12: I literally didn't get it.
Speaker 10: It could be up to thirty minutes before Alexis.
Speaker 3: I mean I got it once explained. Okay, So now.
Speaker 2: I am talking about Rudolph, Italian Rudolph.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, get.
Speaker 10: None of Rudolph's nose is red with sauce.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to get it because.
Speaker 10: I think she's getting it wrong. Here's your question, Alexis. In nineteen sixty four, Rudolph the red nose Reindeer made his appearance on CBS and it's known as the King of Christmas Specials. There are forty two total creatures that appear in it. Alexis just name one's friends with.
Speaker 1: There's a creature of a bird.
Speaker 5: There are three birds.
Speaker 10: I thought it was after the buzz I would have accepted one abominable snow monster, a fish, two rabbits, two raccoons, two owls, not a bird, two squirrels, three birds, three polar bears, three seals, five dogs or eighteen reindeer.
Speaker 8: Did you watch it and count everybody information you can find?
Speaker 10: I notice by heart bro.
Speaker 4: Wikipedia that was three and a half seconds.
Speaker 5: With the like.
Speaker 4: Za guestron and so you're gonna get shock jos while singing I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus. I saw Mommy.
Speaker 7: Kissing sand claws the mistletoe.
Speaker 4: That's your chock collar question of the day.
Speaker 13: Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Times running out to get your merch for a cause? Yes, and I know we throw that term around a lot. If you don't know what merch for a cause is, how about for the brook and Jeffrey fan in your life, cats, hoodies and shirts where one hundred percent of the proceeds go to action against hunge.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, you are stamping out global hunger at the same time as looking really cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, most.
Speaker 4: People don't brag about doing charity, but we do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we need you, We need you to buy more.
Speaker 4: Dot com is where you can get yours today. Now onto a very important question of would you rather Because a new poll last people, would you rather receive one million dollars today?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Or earn three cents for every step you take for the rest of your life three that. We'll get to the math in a second, but I'll let you know. More than half of people, fifty six percent said they prefer three cents per step.
Speaker 3: I might as well.
Speaker 8: Maybe a really good motivator for me, because I also go for runs, but a lot shorter and slower than yours.
Speaker 4: Die from walking. If you do it that way, and you do hit ten thousand steps a day, it is three hundred dollars per day, twenty one hundred per week, for a total of one hundred and nine thousand, two hundred dollars per year.
Speaker 5: Like a great salary.
Speaker 8: That's like you have to go what ten years. Then before you're hitting a million years to the million dollar mark.
Speaker 4: But then you just keep earning more and more from there for the rest of your life.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're walking aday, you probably will.
Speaker 3: It really depends on what age you're answering this question.
Speaker 4: It does take into account. Now, apparently some smart finance people say it might be better to take the lump sum now and if you know how to properly save and invest that money.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean you put it into a high yield savings account. And that's what at right now, half of.
Speaker 4: Our audience, Yeah, here's a real question. Now, would you rather listen to all of Laser Stories right after this three second bursts of Laser Stories every day for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a lump sumthing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's finish a full edition of Laser Stories. Next, it's the radio segment that's created a new breakfast cereal for people from Brooks Hometown. That's awesome. It's called Deios. They're like Cheerios, but made from one hundred percent road killed venison. Start your morning road trip with a fresh bowl of Deios milk, which is better than hoof loops.
Speaker 3: Those are kind of dry, but he's still trying both. Yeah, you know, it's like why waste it? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Go buy your box with Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other derios just don't. This first laser story is out of North Carolina. Woman named Madison Steima loves Costco so much that she chose the wholesale location to celebrate her birthday. She even sent out party invites to six of her family members, and everyone arrived wearing matching Costco sweatshirts. Once there, her family went straight for the food court and ordered five hot dogs, one chicken bake, one rotisserie chicken caesar salad, a whole cheese pizza, and several sodas for a grand total of thirty dollars and eighty eight cents.
Speaker 3: Has so much food.
Speaker 4: As they were nauching at the plastic cafeteria tables, a staff member surprised her with a Costco birthday cake and a song. Her family then ordered four Sundays and eleven chiros to finish off their meal. I mean, after the whole birthday cake that wasn't enough, this.
Speaker 3: Girl's an eater, tod. They then go hit up all the samples because that's what I would have done.
Speaker 4: Once the celebration came to an end, Madison and her family decided to take a few laps around the store to do some birthday shopping.
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Where she got to pick out her own gift. What she gets, wouldn't you believe it? Her gift was a treadmill to work off the extra.
Speaker 3: Food court calies what life is about? Balance, Jeffrey, practical.
Speaker 4: That family has it together. Next Laser Stories out of Holly Tree, Texas. Hey, if you're walking through your neighborhood and a huge inflatable Santa had mysteriously popped up in a vacant lot and no one knew where it came from, would you be thrilled and send your kids to go see it? Or would you think you're in the opening sequence of a horror film.
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 8: Obviously it's literally from the big Man himself, Jeffrey, let's go see this thing.
Speaker 13: Come on.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what happened. An enormous inflatable Santa Claus randomly showed up in an empty lot about one hundred miles east of Dallas. That's the locals. There have no idea who put it up, but it looks taller than a house.
Speaker 14: So I love this.
Speaker 3: I think this is fantastic.
Speaker 4: Well, you can see the photo up on our instant stories at Brook and Jeffrey. It's been up there for about a week and most of the neighbors are delighted and are sending their kids to go see it. They say it's a fun thing to have in our community because it's spreading Christmas cheer.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't care.
Speaker 4: Who knows it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a question because it's inflatable and it's an empty lot.
Speaker 4: How is it being powered by the magic of Christmas? A few people say they don't like it though it might be a trap from perverts who want to use it to meet children.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's not like a house behind and it's just there's no random dude picking out behind he's hiding.
Speaker 4: Really well, I'm sure that's not the opinion of a ton of people. There's someone out there.
Speaker 3: Are we that jaded.
Speaker 4: Swing set in your front yard? That's a playground?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know who's really behind the terrible Either way, no one knows how it got there when it's going away?
Speaker 8: If every tree get it because it's a tree Texas.
Speaker 4: Oh you know some Texas oil millionaire who's just like the friends of Jump pervert capital of the World's go to this next Lazer story out of Hot and Fresh Food News. Deliveries are a vital part of the holiday season for most of us, and if you aren't sure how to say thank you to your delivery driver, you could start with just that, literally saying thank you.
Speaker 3: That's really novel.
Speaker 4: Or if you want to do something a little bit more than that, you could give them a pizza.
Speaker 5: Yeah, food, but.
Speaker 3: You're giving them food as well, like, hey, wait here, I'm gonna cook you up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah devery no. I say that because Pizza Huts just launched a new promotion where they're giving away doormats to homeowners that say leave a box. Get a box. Dear delivery drivers scan this QR code for a pizza present, and then it basically routes them to a gift card which they can use to claim a free pizza from the hut.
Speaker 8: Wow, I trust none of my friends to come over. They would all take advantage of that QR code.
Speaker 4: But I think you need to show that you are an official delivery driver. It can't just be anybody. Apparently, it can be anything from Amazon to FedEx or ups. However, there are some caveats. The doormats are free and you can claim one online, but they're only making two hundred and fifty of them available.
Speaker 3: Oh much pre pizza each day.
Speaker 4: Through December tenth. They're releasing fifty mats at nine am Eastern at shop at pizza hut dot com. And as for the delivery drivers, it's unclear if there's a limit on the number of pizzas they can get, but there might not be since there's only two hundred and fifty mats to begin with, and it sounds like they're prepared to give away at least four thousand pizzas.
Speaker 1: I get so shopping delivered, my driver will love me.
Speaker 3: We should put a link of it our Insta stories so people can link it there.
Speaker 4: Everything is on our Insta stories. You should always be looking at in stories every day. This next Lazer story is out of Relationship World. Tinder has wrapped up their biggest dating trends of the year from the romance app, looked at data from millions of users who listed their interest favorite artists, along with personality types and relationship goals. Oh interesting, here's what they found.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The third most attractive interest listed is pilates.
Speaker 3: Tray.
Speaker 4: Second was cheerleading. Wait what is that? Making a comeback with adults?
Speaker 10: Anybody?
Speaker 4: I mean like you less you're literally the one of your mom and you're or you're one of the perverts from Holly. The number one most attractive interest that people focused on, according to data trans from Tinder, was anime.
Speaker 8: You're gonna say, like hiking or rock climbing or something interesting is huge.
Speaker 4: However, Tender predicts all this will shift next year. They say Interests on the rise include watching horror movies and listening to hip hop music.
Speaker 3: You put that. I don't know, but I feel like you're not cool if you listed I love hip hop. Don't get me wrong, it's just a weird way to say it.
Speaker 4: Tinder also revealed that people nowadays were no longer fixated on finding the one you've been good for that. The most common goal for a relationship on the app was NATO dating and at O, which dands for not attached to an outcome.
Speaker 3: Thought it was gonna be some sort of Peace Treaty.
Speaker 4: When it came to the most popular artist that people like, of course, Taylor Swift took the number one spot. It's where she is this year, followed by Morgan Wallen, The Weekend, Sizza, and Zach Bryan. So that begs the question, what's on this guy's tender profile? Only well, he just says he's only looking for a shell of a guitar. Nothing permanent, though that sound means laser shorts. Just come to an end for the day. We'll do it again the same time.
Speaker 13: On Monday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Imagine being a little kid on Christmas morning, excitedly unwrapping a present, tearing off the bow. Oh my goodness, go for it, only to be completely shocked.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a crowd even watching, not because.
Speaker 4: It's something that you wanted, but because your gift was clearly stolen from a business earlier that day.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: That plus maybe the most awkward company gift exchange ever, where someone's secret Santa finally got a chance to give their coworker a present that showed just how much they truly have despised them.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Working together, it's coming up when we talk about the worst holiday presents that people ever received coming up. Yes, the holiday season is all about giving a nice It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And I know people like to say it's the thought that counts, huh. But sometimes a present is so unfathomably terrible, so out there it traumatizes the gift getter for the rest of their life.
Speaker 3: I can already think of some trauma gifts that I've been yes.
Speaker 6: In her head.
Speaker 4: The worst part is there's no real healthy outlet for when you get a bad gift, because, no matter what, you're supposed to form a polite thank you through the clenched teeth of your fake smile. But luckily, a brand new survey finally gave people the chance to vent about the worst holiday gifts people ever gave them. Yeah, so this is gonna be healthy for everybody. Let's get into it. Number ten one Christmas, my aunt gave me a spam calendar, well twelve months of pictures of canned spam. I was fourteen years old and had absolutely no idea what to do with my face when I opened it.
Speaker 8: The bad thing is is I want to see it, like, how do they make spam seasonal like is it in a bikini on a beach for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we actually need to get our hands on this and put it up in the studio. Number nine on the list says one year, my dad got me an emergency car crash kit.
Speaker 3: It had a good gift.
Speaker 4: It had a disposable camera for recording the scene, a document form for both parties to fill out, the tape measurer for measuring I don't know stuff, and some white chalk for what I assume was marking out where the dead bodies lay up or somebody.
Speaker 8: So this dad had as much confidence in her driving as Alexis's dad. I guess is the chalk is to mark where the dense are for everything?
Speaker 4: Yeah, or do some sidewalk art while it comes to show up. Number eight my grandpa said he was planning on giving me a tissue box with some money inside of it one year.
Speaker 3: That's a weird thing. Why put the money in there?
Speaker 4: It's I'm still not sure why he wanted to do it that way, but anyway, he accidentally wrapped the wrong box and on Christmas morning, I just opened a regular box of tissues, but.
Speaker 8: They're like CLEANX diffriend Meanwhile, Grandpa eight days later was like, why did somebody put money.
Speaker 4: In number seven on the list for Secret Santa. One year, I got a present from a coworker who I'm positive never liked me. Okay, because their gift to me was a double excel t shirt that said fast food Removal Service on the shop.
Speaker 3: Savage.
Speaker 4: I could see the twisted joy in their eyes when I unwrapped my presence.
Speaker 3: I once got a gift from a coworker here that was a beer tour I was pregnant.
Speaker 4: Something to look forward to once you're done with all that. Oh, Okay, if you've ever received a terrible Christmas present, though, then you can totally identify with this, because we're going over a survey of the worst gifts people ever got for Christmas. Number six says I'm a dude. And when I was thirteen, I received a weird gift from my uncle. Oh it was a magazine with Paris Hilton half naked on it alone with a small tube of vasileine. Yes, it was supposed to be a joke, but it was really really awkward to open up in front of my family on Christmas morning.
Speaker 3: I'm really glad I didn't say, but it was really really useful.
Speaker 4: Number five says I vaguely remember being a little kid over at my grandma's house. Yeah, and we had a random conversation one day about how I liked the squishy toilet seats at her place better than the hard toilet seats at mine because they're in a cold at night. Well, that year, for Christmas, I excitedly unwrapped my grandma's gift, only to discover a light pink, squishy toilet seit.
Speaker 5: Yes, not what you want?
Speaker 4: Is that the color you wanted to say? I mean, I get the logic, but really, Nana, on.
Speaker 3: Christmas, I feel like that's a good gift.
Speaker 4: Number four I'll never forget when my uncle came over for the holidays one year and his present for me was one of those restaurant pagers that buzzes when your table's ready, which he clearly has stolen from the spaghetti factory, along with a stack of cocktail napkins that had this getting factory logo on them.
Speaker 8: It'll only be worth it of half an hour after opening it, it actually buzz.
Speaker 4: Number three says one year, my stepdad's sister, so my step aunt okay got me a pair of Aldi brand women's lacy underwear with the size scribbled out. The sister came over to me after the present time and whispered, I got these for myself, but they were too big. I just blacked out the size. That way you wouldn't feel so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: You know, this is relatable because of our coworker who gave me.
Speaker 13: Her left.
Speaker 4: God the whole package of them, different colors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you wearing air right now?
Speaker 4: They said, I would rather get nothing than have to say thank you for that.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number two says when I was ten years old, my grandparents stayed over at our house and gave me a rolling suitcase on Christmas Day. Would have been okay, But the reason is because while they were in town visiting, my grandpa bought himself a brand new, larger suitcase for their flight home. Wait the hands, he decided to just pass his old one down to me as a holiday gift.
Speaker 5: It's still.
Speaker 3: That that is so quintessential Grandparently.
Speaker 4: It's still worse secret and the number one worst present someone got for Christmas, according to this survey.
Speaker 3: How can it top any of the ones that you've read?
Speaker 4: It says, I will never forget the year I bought my whole family third row tickets to see James Brown live in concert, and literally within minutes of them opening their gifts, it was announced on the news Christmas morning James Brown had passed away. No rescheduling.
Speaker 3: James Brown.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, here's a bonus one that says, looking back, this really wasn't a bad present. But when I was sick, I got a pair of pants for Christmas and I started crying and screamed out, you're supposed to get me these anyway. Those are the worst gifts people ever got for the holidays. We got your phone tap coming.
Speaker 13: Up, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Are you ready for the number six phone tap in our top ten phone Taps of Christmas?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then this one. Brooke plays an antiques dealer who's been asked to appraise some old keepsakes that have been passed down from a deceased relative. And the guy on the phone is about to learn some weird new things about his peepaw that he never ever ever wanted to hear. It's your number six phone tap right now? Is brooking Jeffrey's ten phone taps at Christmas?
Speaker 8: Ca Hello, Hi, this is Barb calling from Antiquities. I'm looking for ericson.
Speaker 9: Yeah it Derek.
Speaker 8: Hi, Eric calling in reference to Lot fifty seven C that we're putting up for.
Speaker 3: Auction for you. Oh all right, yeah, I just need to make a few things clear here. Now, these are all items you inherited recently.
Speaker 6: Yep, my grandfather actually passed away. And yeah, so I'm just kind of looking to ask some of this stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Speaker 6: Oh I appreciate that, Thank you.
Speaker 8: I do have a couple questions regarding the items you submitted.
Speaker 3: Should be quick, okay, okay, okay. So the pocket watch that we have, it's rather old.
Speaker 8: And valuable and oh nice. Yeah, it should make you some good money. But when you open up the watch, there is an inscription.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 12: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Okay. It says, dearest Robert, spread it like a fine rug. Judy. Do you know who Judy is?
Speaker 6: My grandma's name is Judy. But it really says spread it on there.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't say spread it on there. It has spread it like a fine rug.
Speaker 8: Now, buyers just like to know the backstory of these. So I was hoping that you could shed some light on the spreading it part.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm not going to be able to do that for your No.
Speaker 3: Is you a rug collector? Maybe?
Speaker 9: No, not that I know of.
Speaker 8: Okay, we'll come back to that. Also, you submitted an embroidered handkerchief and there's also a message stitched on the back from Judy again.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Well it looks like a poem. I'll just read it to you.
Speaker 9: I know that you know what.
Speaker 6: That's okay. I don't think I really want to.
Speaker 3: Hear that touch of you.
Speaker 8: You were the archer with your swift hand on your bow.
Speaker 3: The arrows of delight shot through my body. I quiver?
Speaker 9: Can we not do this?
Speaker 6: These are like my grandparents. I'm just we're just interested. I'm like, they're worth I don't need to know.
Speaker 3: Like, I agree. That got to me too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with what your grandma may have meant by that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I have no idea, And I don't even want to guess, because I'm thinking the same thing you're probably thinking.
Speaker 3: Thinking they had a lot of kids. That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 9: Are we done?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 13: Are what?
Speaker 3: Very close? Very close? There's just one last one that I need to ask you about.
Speaker 9: In this tele you know what.
Speaker 6: That's okay, don't. I don't need to hear about it.
Speaker 3: It's not the same as the others. This looks like a decadeive coffee tin.
Speaker 6: All I need to know is how much the items are worth. I don't need to know all this extra stuff.
Speaker 3: And I can give that to you.
Speaker 8: I can give you that information as soon as you tell me about this inscription that goes around the canister.
Speaker 6: I don't know about the inscription.
Speaker 9: I told you.
Speaker 6: I've never really like looked at it like this before. These aren't my things, they were my grandparents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this one's too judy from your grandfather.
Speaker 6: Still, that really doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 6: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I hear you, and this will be the final one if you don't know anything about it, totally fine with me.
Speaker 6: All right, Fine, let's just get it's overWe please.
Speaker 8: Okay, dearest Judith, I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look you that one less romantic?
Speaker 6: You think this is the one I want to think about when I remember my grandfather.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm really sorry to do that to you. Should have pre read it before I read it out.
Speaker 4: Loud to stop right there.
Speaker 6: I don't even understand how you can think that's possibly okay to say, like, how are you reading these things?
Speaker 3: In this You sound agitated and I am so ad. I'm just trying to let you know.
Speaker 8: We're all done and you can find all your auction items up right now at Brooknjeffrey dot com.
Speaker 3: Have you been there before?
Speaker 9: No? I have not. What is that?
Speaker 3: It's a radio show that does prank phone calls very similar to this one. What Yeah, it's a joke. Oh my god, this is actually broke from Brig and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a phone tap on you. Your sister Addison set you up.
Speaker 8: My sister did this, Yeah, she he Well, it said that you guys had put up some of your grandfather's old belongings for auction, and she just wanted to make you laugh.
Speaker 3: Oh, it sounds like Judy and Grandpa were having a great relationship.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to think about that, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna go read this poem to myself in the other rolled up.
Speaker 13: Wake Up Every Morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: A guy takes a girl out to dinner with a surprise and store that she did not see coming.
Speaker 3: That's why it's called this a surprise.
Speaker 4: Even though she was initially excited by it.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: We find out later something happened during the surprise to make her get up and leave. Oh no, is it the most ridiculous reason not to call someone back After you hear it, Please text in to seven eight and tell us your thoughts. Okay, it's one of the weirdest calls I think we've ever been a part of. You'll hear it in your second date update next second date update. One of the most embarrassing moments of my entire life WHOA happened years ago on this show, which was when I heard a surprise first date with a girl live in studio on the air.
Speaker 3: I wish I was here. I was your server, I was standing behind you and I that was so good.
Speaker 4: Details not important, didn't go great, super awkward.
Speaker 3: We need to find that audio. Can we find that audio?
Speaker 4: We need to burn it and make sure it never sees the light again. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 5: She liked you.
Speaker 13: I don't think she did.
Speaker 4: I only bring it up because one of our listeners, Gabe surprised his date on night one with a fun little activity for her after dinner. Okay, maybe that didn't go so well. We'll find out, Gabe. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for having me at She knew she was going to be on a date, unlike Jeffrey.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, she knew she was gonna be on a date, but you didn't know about the activity afterwards, and that was a surprise.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll get to the surprise in just a second, but first, tell us about this lady that we're going to be calling. What's she about?
Speaker 9: Well, her name is Megan. She's awesome. You know we met online.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's about awesome. What what makes her awesome?
Speaker 12: Gabe?
Speaker 9: Well, obviously you need you know, there's a physical attraction. But there's like five things I look for in a woman, and you know this physical attraction, there's humor.
Speaker 4: God, you are so picky.
Speaker 14: Five you haven't listened to a simple Okay, may there breathing for the sixth?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, So you got a physical attraction, funny attraction.
Speaker 9: Humor, intelligence, integrity, and the intangibles, you know, like what your hobbies are, things like that that you like to do together.
Speaker 4: You're going to die alone, That's okay, I'm kidding. Tell us, Uh, what did you end up doing for your day with Meghan?
Speaker 9: Well, normally I don't go for full dinners. I don't want to spend that much time with some until I get to know him talking and texting. You know, we really hit it off because she's really funny, She's got a great wit about her, and she was intelligent.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it's hard to be funny if you're not intelligent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, professional comedian and I'm an idiot.
Speaker 3: Bro, I'll give you more credit than that. Okay, Well, at least a c plus students. Sorry, sure derailed things.
Speaker 4: Like Meghan is at least checking a couple of your boxes at this point.
Speaker 9: Right, Gabe, Right exactly?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So you went for the dinner.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I pried opened a while and I figured i'd take her out. You know, she was worth it. So we was for a nice Italian then, and then I told her afterwards, I said, listen, I got a surprise.
Speaker 3: For you, okay. And what was her reaction?
Speaker 9: Just to that? She she seemed excited about it. She's like, oh, a surprise. I don't know if that was who was surprised, because I don't know very well, like it was surprised, like what the hell is this?
Speaker 13: Or who was surprised?
Speaker 9: What the hell is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the surprise could literally mean anything, could be a fun, happy surprise, a scary surprise.
Speaker 3: There's two types of people in the world. There are people who love surprises and people absolutely hate them.
Speaker 7: No, it's hard because I think I hate surprises, but I like surprises.
Speaker 4: If I know what's gonna.
Speaker 3: Happen, that's that's not a surprise.
Speaker 7: Like I have a surprise later then I know, Okay, it's gonna be a mystery. But if you just tell me, boom surprise you ready, I'm like no, no, I'm not ready for this.
Speaker 4: I'm scared. Yeah, I'm scared. So I'm been dying to know what is the surprise that you had waiting for her?
Speaker 9: So I took it to a comedy club and she seemed like, oh, this is fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, it's fun.
Speaker 3: So you're surprised with tickets to see a show?
Speaker 9: Well not really. The surprise was that I'm a performer, and I was headlining and can do a set.
Speaker 4: Most to come to your comedy show.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to go with no. Not a good surprise.
Speaker 9: Really, I thought it'd be all right.
Speaker 1: It's like like if you play your own music while you're in the car.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing, what if she doesn't think you're funny.
Speaker 9: Well I am a headliner.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter. That's not how it doesn't matter. I have seen plenty of headliners.
Speaker 4: He's just checking the boxes. He's making sure that they're on the same level when it comes to sense.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying risky. Yeah, I'm very risky.
Speaker 4: That's a fair statement. It is a risk. How did it go?
Speaker 9: I mean we were hitting it off, so I figured, you know, so I'm doing my show and then I'm like a nice set, killer set, and I know it's a good set because when I came off, people are like, oh, can I get a picture? You know, everyone's pictures and stuff like that. I should and I'm going to look for it, and I'm looking for actually taking pictures that gost be in the ladies room or something or whatever. I can't find it, you know, And then I'm like, you know, oh, she left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she's not alone for an entire.
Speaker 4: Show your own day, bad b.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I'm still not getting what the big deal is. It's like, oh, this is what I do.
Speaker 3: So if you're not, you know, like I'm not bringing a date to work either, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're talking dates on to me.
Speaker 8: It's just it's just it's a lot, and comedy sometimes is more fun when you experience it with other people, Like if.
Speaker 3: You're sitting by yourself, it really has to be funny.
Speaker 4: Did you text her once you found out that she left?
Speaker 9: Yeah, of course I texted her. Afterwards. I texted her and I said, hey, I didn't see at the end they said you had left. They said did you have fun?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: And she texted back She's like real generic, It's like, yeah, what.
Speaker 4: Following review? But is there anything in your mind that you think maybe could have been the big red flag that besides the comedy? Outside of that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would call back you want.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm wondering what's in his mind? What does he think went wrong?
Speaker 9: I can't think of a thing because we were laughing at dinner, you know, was nice and she said, wow, you know she and she even said herself, She's like, normally I don't go to dinner on a first date till you get to know somebody but something special about you.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, sorry to interrupt, but the producer is giving me the red light, which means we have to and I'm gonna I'm gonna play a song.
Speaker 10: We'll come back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna call Meghan for you, try and get you a second date update.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Second date update all right, halfway through the second date updates. Everybody are having a good time tonight?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, will someone wake up the guy in the back so that he can tip his waitress? Oh man, she's already complained about my tip.
Speaker 14: That's my time for the night.
Speaker 4: Thank you, everybody.
Speaker 9: It's good.
Speaker 4: That's really good.
Speaker 3: Guy, Good god, I just got so uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Did you need somebody to open for you, Gabe?
Speaker 9: No, I think we got that cover, But you guys then yes, yeah, you're.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 4: Gabe recently took a woman out for a dinner day and then surprised her afterwards by bringing her to a live comedy show where, surprise, he was the headliner. I still think that's cool.
Speaker 3: But she left before he even got off stage.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 4: It may have been an emergency situation. We don't know.
Speaker 3: Get back, Yeah, thanks.
Speaker 4: She may have been busy in the hospital.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, as a performer, you're always on the road, so it's kind of tough to meet someone, and this one she really really liked. I wouldn't. I wouldn't be like on you with you guys if it wasn't.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't was important to you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's important to me.
Speaker 3: There is a joke.
Speaker 4: Stop for help.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't get your jokes, but I'm sure there's a lot of people that do.
Speaker 4: No, I feel you, bro.
Speaker 3: Here's my one question. Did she know you were a stand up comedian before you guys went out?
Speaker 9: I just told her I was an entertainer and that was it. Maybe she thought I was a musician. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, he's humble, and I like that about you, Gabe.
Speaker 3: He date his dead lighting show. That's not humble.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Humble comes in all different forms.
Speaker 9: She had to find out eventually, So why not.
Speaker 13: Can't?
Speaker 4: All right, So let's stop speculating. We're just gonna call Meghan and find out for real why she isn't calling you back. You ready to do this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, here we go.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Meghan?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is her?
Speaker 14: Who's this?
Speaker 4: My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Oh, my co hosts are here with me, jose Brooks.
Speaker 12: Oh, okay, why are you very calling me?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 9: And yeah.
Speaker 4: We do a segment on our show called Second Date Update where we help our listeners who are having a little bit of trouble reaching somebody after they went on a date with them.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, And so one of.
Speaker 4: Our listeners is trying to get a hold of you. His name's Gabe.
Speaker 12: Oh no, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean we kind of got the sense that you were interested since you know, so you.
Speaker 12: Guys talked to him like what did he say?
Speaker 4: We heard from game and he told us a little bit about dinner and the comedy show Surprise afterwards. What were your thoughts on that? How did you feel?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 12: Then it was good, like he's funny, charming, he was total gentleman.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: Funny charming gentlemen. Those are very positive things. To say about God.
Speaker 8: I just want to know what your reaction was like on the inside when he surprised you with his own comedy show.
Speaker 12: Well, when I got to the show, I was I was pretty excited, you know, Oh.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you thought the surprise was cool because I didn't know like we, you know, were speculating like maybe, yeah, that is a little braggadocious or.
Speaker 3: Egotistical or very very I mean I just worried.
Speaker 12: They had the show itself, it wasn't really a problem. But when he cut up there to do his bit, it was. It was really offensive.
Speaker 4: Gabe's get was offensive.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Is he like one of those like shock comedians.
Speaker 12: Well, no, he didn't really use any bad language or anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was offensive about it?
Speaker 12: So you know it's not okay to do accents, okay, and he's doing a British accent.
Speaker 4: A British accent, I think that's okay.
Speaker 3: These hot Why did the British accent offend you?
Speaker 12: Well, if I was British, I would be offended. He didn't even ask the audience if anyone was British, and this would be okay for him, Like it was just disrespectful I don't.
Speaker 4: Think that's a lot. They don't ask permission to tell a joke. You're you're there to see the jokes.
Speaker 3: Was it joke offensive about British people or something like? I mean, there was just the accent.
Speaker 12: I personally thought all that was offensive. He was just being really disrespectful to British people.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I don't like this. Did you have like British family or something?
Speaker 1: Even so, it's pretty good humor British people, and it's.
Speaker 3: Not a group of people that have been really pushed down through the deck.
Speaker 4: You know, like yeah, and that that was the reason that you left the British jokes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you guys might not think it's offensive. But I talked to a friend about it, and she's visited England before and she told me that that could be offensive.
Speaker 8: So it just makes your friend at one time, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to have but your friend that one time went to England said that that might be offensive.
Speaker 14: It could be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean to.
Speaker 7: Have your bad surprisingly, i'd be the one in the room that wouldn't.
Speaker 4: But I have talked to somebody.
Speaker 7: There was a girl I used to date who was in England, and she did say she hates it when people make fun of British people's teeth.
Speaker 4: And I didn't realize that he was kind.
Speaker 3: Of like low hanging fruit hates it an offensive or two different things.
Speaker 4: Right bottom of it. It's just tough being a comedian these days. I don't know what you're allowed to joke about anymore.
Speaker 8: Jeff yourself, I would stick to yourself. But maybe he's British.
Speaker 4: Actually, that's a great question. Maybe he does have some roots over in England. And you should actually ask him that, Megan, because I need to let you know. Gabe is actually on the phone. He wants to talk to you.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, Gabe. Yeah, oh wait, so you're now you're offended for a British act. Said because a friend may possibly at one time could have maybe have gone over to England and maybe speak to some of the psychopaths that said, yeah, we may get offended on a British accent.
Speaker 12: I thought it was offensive too, you know, I I thought that myself.
Speaker 9: Okay, the British people in the audience that were so super offended, show a hand how many British people out there?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: None? Okay?
Speaker 5: Is it not.
Speaker 4: British people. I apologize to all our people, Jose. That was horrible.
Speaker 15: I am actually right now standing up for all races and all countries. I don't think I don't think you should be doing only accents at all.
Speaker 4: None the old spokeswoman Megan has laid down the law.
Speaker 9: I didn't realize that you were writing the comedy constitution. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna have to change a lot of bits, Jaggan.
Speaker 3: I appreciate what you're trying to do here.
Speaker 8: I just think you maybe need to do a little bit more research into why things are offensive and why some things aren't offensive.
Speaker 9: I declare the land of comedy that there will be no accent. Goodbye.
Speaker 1: It's not very good.
Speaker 12: It's not funny, guys. I think that everyone should be really careful, especially Gabe, because I see him getting canceled because.
Speaker 9: Of this, myself getting canceled by anybody who show me out with you.
Speaker 4: This is getting a little bit out of hands.
Speaker 7: Yes, if you never make fun of anybody ever, then you're never gonna offend anybody.
Speaker 4: But I think you should have a balance.
Speaker 3: I think you're good man, Gabe.
Speaker 4: You know what I think we need to do right now. I think we need to calm things down. We need to reach across the pond and make a connection between these two people.
Speaker 3: Are proposing a tea party.
Speaker 4: Yes, something on our bill. We will pay for it. What are you saying, Megan? One more date with Gabe? No accents at all?
Speaker 1: What about a German?
Speaker 3: Is German? Okay?
Speaker 1: Because German's pretty funny?
Speaker 3: Access?
Speaker 4: Zero access?
Speaker 5: Gabe?
Speaker 9: Are you are you.
Speaker 5: Capable of doing that?
Speaker 9: I don't think so. No, I cannot do it. I cannot have no accents.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sorry, Okay, that's that's an that's ane German. Sorry, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Just don't know what his accents.
Speaker 4: You might need to work a little bit on your routine there. But but it looks like we're not gonna be able to get you another date.
Speaker 12: I was gonna say no anyway.
Speaker 9: So I want another day. I don't want half my back to the Italian dinner?
Speaker 4: Ready to do? You want the Italian stuff? We gotta we gotta stop this. That's just okay. Because the game starts an Italian accent on the show, We're all going to get canceled.
Speaker 9: I cannot do a bad action. Always got to be a good action.
Speaker 13: His hands.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey in the morning, Yeah, he said. I mean that conversation just kept going from bad to worse. And usually Brook likes to stick up for the little guys, which in this case is all of England.
Speaker 8: Apparently that's the problem British art the little guys.
Speaker 4: Shocking twist, Brooke was actually in support of making fun of other countries and races. True, that's that's true.
Speaker 3: You could do an English accent without being offend.
Speaker 5: Okay, before starting on.
Speaker 4: Me, Brooke, don't even bring up Brexit. Okay, it's gonna offend me and most of our British listeners. I mean, we already lost Sweden after we did that. I ta joke, I am losing another one here.
Speaker 8: I get what she's trying to do, but it's actually backfiring because when you do that, it makes the things that are actually offensive like it's not It's not like cancel culture isn't a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Cancel culture is just saying, hey, don't do that anymore. This is my opinion. This is bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you make fun of everybody, then no one can be offended. No, no, okay, I'm still not quite kidding it. But text in the seven five two. Explain it to me, who are we allowed to make fun of you?
Speaker 3: Who aren't we yourself? Just anything, yourself or the big guy. That's all you can make fun.
Speaker 7: Be more conscious of what you're kidding about, and also be less sensitive about your own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. Yeah, meet in the middle somewhere you go.
Speaker 4: Very complicated thing. It's not though you remember if you ever want to get a second date update email the show. We can call the person who's not.
Speaker 13: Calling you back freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It happens a lot with child Disney stars who want to be taken seriously as they grow up in their careers. They usually have some sort of big public I'm an adult moment. Yeah, like when Miley Cyrus swung on a wrecking ball half naked. That was her way of saying, I'm a woman now.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: I thought she did a great job. Very it was a very down point. I can swing on heavy pieces of machinery, the forklift and.
Speaker 5: The next one.
Speaker 4: When Shia lah Buff did bath salts on the set of that Indian The Jones movie, that was his way of screaming.
Speaker 8: I'm a man.
Speaker 3: I can't tell I just need to rehab.
Speaker 4: Whatever it was now. Despite my name being young Jeffrey, I want everyone listening right now to know I am not a little boy singing silly songs on the radio anymore.
Speaker 3: If you do this, you are going to do it, okay.
Speaker 4: It developed man to prove it with my brand new song of the Week. It doesn't look it's.
Speaker 13: Coming up brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It is song of the week time. And I know what I'm looking forward to next week. Oh really, it's not our show dinner. I'll tell you that it's going to be so fun whatever. No, I'm talking about our company's annual mid week, middle of the day office holiday get together. Even say the word party for it, I don't think that word accurately describes what happens. It's like that song going up on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's at eleven am Mornesday, and I don't really know.
Speaker 4: How much my co hosts know about it. But this year we're doing it at more of a child's pizza palace arcade.
Speaker 10: I'm so excited.
Speaker 8: Should I miss the days of radio when they used to literally put a vodka lo usi in the middle of the sales department. I'm not even joking, And then you would hear about eight people that hooked up all of that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean a few years ago, we were on the top floor of one of the biggest buildings in downtown with a sweeping view of the city scape. It was catered, kind of talking about.
Speaker 3: The Totino's pizza roll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't say it was related. I just said it was cater.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure we were in the public.
Speaker 4: Viewing area for the building, but anybody could have came. Now we're in some weird version of five Nights at Freddy's. That's where we've landed. The only thing I could see that's possibly good about this is the venue is kind of big, so they can't catch us buying shots. They might not see it.
Speaker 3: Liked nothing like a couple of shots before noon.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta do what you gotta do to get through these office events. But even though I know a lot of people are not necessarily thrilled about having to attend their company's office holiday party, it is something that you just have to grate your teeth and make it through unless.
Speaker 3: You're the person that organized ours. And we are so excited.
Speaker 4: Care Wait, no matter where you stand, we're all in this together. So to honor everyone's sacrifice or thrill however you want to look at it instead of singing the musical tune from Little Mermaid under the Sea, it's Young Jeffrey's office party.
Speaker 3: Hey, that my song of the week. Bingo car.
Speaker 4: You're a curveball at you? Yeah, I love all right for the office parties coming up, I'll point when I'm ready, points in turns. Listen to me.
Speaker 11: The business world it's a mess, budd in mid December, the company's jingle bell bash will fix everything. The eggnog is always sweeter outside of your own workplace.
Speaker 4: You say you don't want to be there, just not to your boss's face. But look gat the snacks day got you. She's played from the girls.
Speaker 16: Come on join us in don't break room this Wednesday from two till four oh office party.
Speaker 4: It's mandatory now. Christmas is better in ugly sweaters with your colleagues leftsar be forced to sell the brates or with all the folks you kind of hate, and the tea goes.
Speaker 16: We're roking awkwardly joking purgatory.
Speaker 4: You got the life of deep party. They dance up on the table. Some dress like a Christmas barbie. Some come dress like their Dave grol White. Hell up, it might get ugly the gifts here. I'm not so great one present. It keeps buzzing wrapped up the marital aide. Oh Lord, I have mercy. There's carry o key, Please save us Jesus from ton def Kleida scream bon jovie when there's no one around to look. A sip from the secret flasky snook ran out of ruffles.
Speaker 16: First world is struggles after spartymar The boss gives us speech.
Speaker 11: He's saying nice things by man at thirteen, he's still yam a raging.
Speaker 4: As soon as.
Speaker 16: Old Santo walks away, these naughty elves will mis behave more Christmas sirs.
Speaker 4: Hr will hear it. Monday morning they wound us with food and Kate turned the grub. Come take paper plates from the port of sobs. No chairs left that hand. You'll eat where you stand. The cookies are two weeks sold. And then Ray gave away his ticks guts for drinks. We start taking shots of pet fermenting. When Pac closed to tap, the wine bag was slapped and Joe got Jager.
Speaker 5: Back under the truth.
Speaker 4: Now, who could that be? It?
Speaker 11: Maybe Jeans she's from our county and I think she's sleeping and had that. I don't got her wedding Dan that guy she came with show man cheeks on the glass, year Zeer rocks.
Speaker 16: And Jack's rear, Carol's I sung here, mistletoe hung in conference room.
Speaker 4: Bead saleswoman Julie both done with through me.
Speaker 5: Told me I bumped his dont why did she come here? That goes my career?
Speaker 4: Office?
Speaker 3: Who forgote?
Speaker 4: Well that's probably gonna go a lot better than our office party coming up next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you always got to check if it's a it's the boss's daughter.
Speaker 4: She made eye contact with me. I mean that was the green light. That's your song of the week for the office Party's texting seventy five man to tell us what you thought about it. We're gonna your holiday parties go. We want to know what is it like to live in a cool one. You need to have a cool party.
Speaker 3: Maybe you could play this song at your office party. Yeah, it'll be the highlights.
Speaker 4: It's got to be a fun one out there somewhere. We're gonna post this video up on our socials. A broken Jeffrey on YouTube and Instagram and TikTok everywhere with all the lyrics.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Good luck out there with your park ge't wait for next.
Speaker 13: Week brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We're getting a lot of text from listeners at seven eighty five nine to two telling us about their craziest office parties that they can remember over the years. These are such good text, It's really fun. This one says yell. I'll never forget the Christmas party I went to where a new colleague who'd been there all of a week, got extremely drunk. One hour in, she vomited all over herself and her new team, who then carried her outside, where she promptly rolled herself up in a bunch of garbage bags and passed out. You're always gonna be garbage.
Speaker 3: Girl, this happen to We forgot his ale.
Speaker 4: That's what we made this your hashtag goal.
Speaker 5: Yeah girl, but if you miss it.
Speaker 4: Instead of singing under the Sea from the Little Mermaid soundtrack, I sang my own version of that called office Party. For all the company Christmas parties that are going to be happening over the next few weeks, some sober, some not. Hopefully ours is not. But we're getting some feedback on the textboard. Brook, What you got.
Speaker 8: I like this one that says my boss took out our ten person staff for a really nice holiday.
Speaker 3: Meal at a steakhouse.
Speaker 8: That's then when dessert came, he suddenly had an emergency of laugh.
Speaker 3: We all have you know, we all had to pick up the bill and never talked about it.
Speaker 4: Thousand dollars all right. I hope that one doesn't happen. Yeah, if you missed it, though, if you want to hear it again, it's going to be up at the Brook and Jeffery YouTube page on our Facebook Insta and our TikTok. Make sure, though you be responsible and photocopy someone's button, dam Brook on Facebook.
Speaker 13: That's right, Brook and Jeffrey. In the morning, we got.
Speaker 4: New players coming out of the woodwork left and right to take on Brook and today. His name is Garrett the Attorney.
Speaker 17: It's an infestation and I'm playing playing this music because he, just like me, is a fellow mensch who's going to be celebrating for the holiday.
Speaker 4: It's Shalom, Brook say shalloon, ballom.
Speaker 3: Shallom shut on that's gonna get you canceled by Jeff.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry, I don't really care.
Speaker 3: Any traditions.
Speaker 9: So my kids and I built a kiky torch manora a few years ago.
Speaker 4: We'd like to pull it out every year, so looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: Do you keep the fire extingushir nearby?
Speaker 9: We do, That's a necessity, okay.
Speaker 4: And you also do latkas and doughnuts and all the traditional honk of foods.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If I haven't gained twenty pounds by year end, it's been a failure.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 4: That's my man. All right, Let's send Brook out of the studio, and while she leaves, I'm gonna go over the rules really quick. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you do have to beat Brook out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Let's do it?
Speaker 4: All right? Your time starts now. Eli Whitney was born on this day in seventeen sixty five. He's most famous for inventing what the cotton gin in nineteen forty seven. Who was the first US President to appear on television Harry Truman from What Animal do we get Kashmir From? In which decade was prohibition.
Speaker 9: The twenties.
Speaker 4: What is the Italian word for ice cream? Let's say duel j j Three US states start with the letter C California, Connecticut, and what else? Colorado jumped right on top of that one. Garrett, good work. Brook's gonna come back into the studio. And Garrett, since you're a Ernie, I just want to ask, really quick, is anybody suing us right now?
Speaker 9: No comment?
Speaker 4: Oh, that be so funny. He's almost mind to get info from us. Well, do your kids want anything for the holidays? Any gifts?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 9: Money? Mostly money? That makes sense.
Speaker 8: Jeff always tells a story about how his mom would give him a different part of his gift every day of honte cut like you can get the batteries one day?
Speaker 3: Is that normal?
Speaker 9: We haven't tried that one, but.
Speaker 4: It really cheaped out on me when it came to holiday gifts. But let's do over the Are you ready? Let's do this. Your time starts now. Eli Whitney was born on this day in seventeen sixty five. He's most famous for inventing what oh the cotton gin in nineteen forty seven. Who was the first US president to appear on television Roosevelt from what animal do we get kashmere from?
Speaker 3: Oh, kashmere mink?
Speaker 4: In which decade was prohibition?
Speaker 3: The twenties?
Speaker 4: What is the Italian word for ice cream?
Speaker 3: Oh? Gelato?
Speaker 4: Three? US state start with the letter C California, Connecticut, andyone else, Jeff, Can I get a clarification on an answer from Brook?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, which Roosevelt?
Speaker 3: Which Roosevelt forty seven would be FDR.
Speaker 4: That was, you know, good investigative work over there, miss I know she she tries to skirt around the answers by giving.
Speaker 3: The gave you the last name of the president. That's what they go buy.
Speaker 4: Let's go with the scoreboard to see how y'all did with jose She gotta cheap your head up. You gotta talk to Garrett. Garrett, you got four correct todays.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, Brook.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna go shah hard or.
Speaker 3: Go oh no, let's not do this anymore. You got five, Brook too.
Speaker 4: I had hope for you there, Garrett, but it just wasn't quite another.
Speaker 3: You should have gotten to board school.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 12: It was fun.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go over the answers really quick. Eli Whitney was born on this day, seventeen sixty five, most famous for inventing the cotton gin.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I came up with that.
Speaker 5: That was right.
Speaker 3: I am really impressed with my brain.
Speaker 13: We learned, Garrett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Garrett knew that one.
Speaker 8: I know that one.
Speaker 4: That one, Garrett, I just I don't know where it came from. I know, I know, mean I feel like anyway. In nineteen forty seven, the first US president to appear on television was Franklin Roosevelt FDR. The animal we get cashmere from is goats. Goats make kashmere. The decade that prohibition happened was the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 3: I would have been the star of a speakeasy. I would have just lived in one of those.
Speaker 4: Things, would have owned a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: Oh man, how many times I would have been arrested in the twenties A lot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, not usually a bragging port for people.
Speaker 3: But okay, I wouldn't need a lawyer.
Speaker 4: The Italian word for ice cream is gelato, and the three states to start with the letter ce California, Connecticut, and yes, Colorado. So Garrett, unfortunately weren't able to beat Brooke today, but just for playing you do win a fresh cut Christmas tree from Trinity Tree Farm up to one hundred dollars enjoy all the festivities this Isquad Farm has to offer, like the gift holiday shop, free Santa photos on weekends, homemade treats, and much more. Visit Trinitytreefarm dot com for more details or I guess if you need kindling for your giant torch Menora, Hey, I like that, I'll be perfect. It's actually not just trees. There's a whole plethora of things you can do up there. Brother, it will be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Do they make good food out there, Yeah, good.
Speaker 4: Food, hot coco, kissing booth. It's great.
Speaker 9: No, there's.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for being on the show. We'll be back to do Windows back the same time on
Speaker 13: Monday, Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.